Speaker 1: It's nice time with.
Speaker 2: Boston's news radio. All right, Dan, thanks a lot. Final hour here, folks, gonna have some fun. What are you thankful for? And as I said, you know, we're thankful for turkey, We're thankful for our family for the most part. Some days no, thankful for good health, thankful for our lives. So but let's have some fun with us. So there is a list out one hundred and eleven unique things to be thankful for. Some of these I buy into, some I don't, But please let me know what you're thankful for it with if there's something unique to it, that'd be great. At six, one, the satisfying pop when opening a new jar of peanut butter. Hmm, there's something to that. This is this one definitely a synchronized trap light when you're running late, no doubt. And number three here I think is impossible finding the perfectly ripe avocado. I can never nail it. I buy avocados at the store. When I use them, they're either too old and too smushy and a little black on the inside, a little dark, you know, or they're hard, they're they're not ripe. I can never get the perfectly ripe avocado. A friend who sends you hilarious memes on tough days. You know, I'm good. I'm good. That's not no. Now, I'm the guy that sends hilarious memes to other people. I have been doing that lately a lot, saying to my cousins, sending people I know, and I have different people like I look at a certain meme and I go, wait a minute, I'm gonna send that one to blah blah blah. I'll send that one of my friend Bernadette, or I'll send that one of my friend Mike. I'll send that one to my brother in law Brian. But his instagram, I think always says Brian and Debbie's wife, And I always wonder, is this wife gonna look at it? If this is too like dirty? Is it problem me? I'm the one always sending the memes or the instagrams. That's my job. Nobody needs to send me that. I send it to you. Let's grab Mark and Maine. I'm thankful for Maine, one of the unerrated states. Mark, you're up on WBZ. What are you thankful for? Hey?
Speaker 3: Hey, Gary Tangler, you're ready. You said you're gonna have some fun I'm gonna have some fun with this little game. You're ready, let me play this game?
Speaker 2: Yeap?
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna give you a couple of hints. This is I like to tell the truth. You're gonna have to guess who I am.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: You got to go back to your small roots. Now, okay, thanks regarding baseball, all right, my first clue to you. I grew up in dick spe Old, Maine.
Speaker 2: Mar Ditchfield, Maine. Yes, derego high first. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My first cousin played third base on the Mexico Pinto baseball team.
Speaker 2: Randy Palmer. No, Jeff Jeff dor No, he was in left field.
Speaker 3: No, oh, Jeff de late Jeff dor guy. No, he was a Yes he was. He was a junior and I was a senior and we beat you guys fourteen to five. I'm marine man with numbers.
Speaker 2: So you played pitch, Yes, you pitch?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: I played third I played short stop.
Speaker 2: The Conzo, yes, Mark the Conzo. No, no, no.
Speaker 3: I I gave the producer my middle name. I didn't want to give you my first name.
Speaker 2: Night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Marca.
Speaker 2: That Steve de Conzo, Yes, Steve de Conzo, my god, yes, you well know you also played center field.
Speaker 3: Yes, well my brother did too, Mike. He was a class of seventy four. But yeah, Dick Stewart, Richard Stewart's my cousin, my first.
Speaker 2: Cousin, Richie Stewart. How's he? The people listening tangued, what are you doing to me?
Speaker 3: But I love it.
Speaker 2: What's Dicky Stewart doing? He was in the Marines.
Speaker 3: Yes, he retired and he worked for Boise and he's doing some other kind of work now he's he's back in the area. Yes, he just shot a buck eleven days ago.
Speaker 2: Did he really did somebody else? Did he really shoot it?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, Those Stuart boys, Clifford and Terry is here from Hawaii where he lives. I mean they are all hunting with their father and my uncle Kuffey, who is my mother's brother.
Speaker 2: Dickey. Dickie Stewart's dad always had a motorcycle.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, unfortunately divorced.
Speaker 2: It happenstart. He was one of my favorite people. I'll leave you with this. Tell him, I said alone. He sat in front of me in history class. He sat in front of me a history class, and I think and I remember he went to see Cheap Trick. I couldn't go, and he saw a cheap trick. The Augusta Civic said, I remember these things. I also screwed him over once I was coaching. I was coaching third base and I waved him in and he got thrown out at home. I don't think he's talking to me.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that. Thank you for the memory. Oh yeah, No, No, I didn't know you were so big time now. I don't know if you remember anybody on.
Speaker 2: Steve the concert. No, I thought you were going to become a priest.
Speaker 3: Well I'm glad I didn't. I became bored again Christians, so I lost the Catholic faith.
Speaker 2: And well, good for you. It's no Steve, No, I remember everybody up there. You got you were a hell of an athlete. Dickie Stewart too. I mean Dicky was a good fullback and running back. We had great battles with dire Ago.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, with.
Speaker 2: Dougie Clark and Tommy Kelly. Tommy Kelly running. He runs a car cleaning service.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I think the last time I talked.
Speaker 3: Well, no, now he worked in the mill over at the I P and J. Yeah, he retired from that. Now he's a bus driver for Darrago High School.
Speaker 2: Oh, good for him. He's a good man. He could score anyways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just he just got married. By the way, he married a girl from Dick's Field. She was in New York and he won her hut and they married less than a year ago. They got married up in kwany ink Man. Thank you for remembering my name.
Speaker 2: Gary, I remember you like it was yesterday. Good MANE get my best. Everybody by well, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'll let them know. I'm gonna say I'm going to send him a clip to Tom Kelly and everybody that you mentioned now.
Speaker 2: Tommy Kelly, Dougie Clark, uh oh yeah, Rob Marshall, Robin Marshall left Mexico, went down and coach dire Ago two state championships. Oh god, that pissed me off anyway, at least too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, talking to you. We bought everybody else, so you and I had a good time talking.
Speaker 2: It's thirteen after eleven, who cares?
Speaker 3: All right, Hey, you're really funny tonight. By the way, you are funny, but you're really funny tonight, and I enjoy Did your teachers ever say to you, Gary, you're going to be a broadcaster someday. Did you ever get that back in high school?
Speaker 2: Well, in eighth grade, I did a book report on being a DJ, and yeah, they all knew I wanted to do it. They said I talked too much. I'm serious, I do too.
Speaker 3: But you have a wonderful radio voice. It's amazing. And of course I didn't know you in high school, you know, unless I played against you, and we only played you that one time that I remember, so you twice a year.
Speaker 2: Here's another one, here's another one. I was slow as hell. I could not run. I hit a sharp single decento field. You almost threw me out at first base, you son of a bitch. I swear to.
Speaker 3: God, I did that. I did that in junior high in West Peru over at West Peru from field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, remember that. I go, I'm running like a s I'm running like a No. No, that one wasn't me. I did. He didn't get me. You didn't get me.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, you shouldn't have been running backwards. That was your problem.
Speaker 2: No, believe me. I just couldn't run period.
Speaker 3: All right, Stevie be good money, great talking to you, Thank you. We'll see it.
Speaker 2: Gary. Everyone great Steve the Conzo. He could play ball. Now. I know that everybody listening right now is tanguy. This is the dumbest thing ever. But that was somebody from back home, and it's Thanksgiving week, so I'm going to talk to him. That's just the way it is. That's just the way it is. It's amazing, you know, you remember, I can't remember. My dad used to always tell me this. As you get older, you can't remember what you did yesterday, but you can remember something from like thirty five years ago. Go to Mexico High School, Rumford High School, Mexico High School, Derrego High School, and then Mexico and RUF Goodbine to become Mountain Valley High School. Yep, those were the days. So things to be thankful, Phone calls from guys like Steve Deconzo, What are you thankful for? Give me something crazy at six one, seven thirty, and we'll be back with more right after this.
Speaker 4: Now back to Dan rad Mine from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks you're thankful for folks, six thirty. That's what we're going to wrap up the show here tonight. I'm thankful for sweatpants. I'll tell you that. Nothing better. Thanks. That's why. Look, well I'm hosting Thanksgiving, so we're gonna have I gotta dress up a little bit. I gotta find some like sweatpants that look like dress pants. Now that's an invention. I know they're out there. I know they're out there. I gotta just fire. I'm gonna have to go look for them tomorrow. Steve Deconzo from Dixfield, Maine, where I grew up, played for this baseball team Dirego High School. They also had a Pine Tree team pine Tree League in what's in the town would play each other in the summer. So, guys, it wasn't guys are twenty thirty forty years old. They're still playing baseball. It's one of the oldest baseball leagues in the war in the country. And it would be you know, Mexico Ruveneta team. Uh squeak the point random run for a team. How about that for a nickname? The Palmer Boys ran the Mexico team, which I played for. And then Bitsy Ionta, how's that for a name. Bitsy Iona pitched for dier Ago and I hit my first disfield and I had a home run off him. He was probably sixty years old, and he would throw like a thirty five mile an hour float across and you could easily miss it. You could screw yourself into the ground. And I just got lucky and I hit it short ports down the right field line to it in twenty Yeah, it was great. I mean, the only home run I ever hit off the great Bitchy Iona. Back through things we're thankful for. I am thankful for a bitchy Iana thirty five mile an hour whatever it was. I can't call it a fastball, but I was thankful for that the highlight of my athletic career. And I could not run. He's right. I mean I remember the guy almost threw me out from centerfield. I just couldn't run. And we would play these things in practice, chase the rabbit. We had to catch the guy in front of you. I was always the last one, but I could talk. I could talk the satisfaction of peeling the protective film off a new electronic device. There's something to that, yeah, you could, Yeah, there is definitely something to that. Then another thing that I'm really thankful for that I've never ever been able to shake because it's not good for you. There's nothing like a good French onion dip. I mean there really isn't. And anything. You can dip anything into a French onion dip. You can think, you know, you can fool yourself, like, I'll use some celery. I'll put some celery in it. I'm like, I'm eating healthy, but I'm meaning French onion dip, which is loaded with salt and calories. That's why I couldn't run fast. I hate too much French onion dip. Man. I would inject that thing into my veins. Oh nothing better roll around naked it. Oh well, I'm not gonna roll around naked getting I'm getting a little punchy here. This one. I will tell you this. The feeling of freshly washed sheets against your skin. Here's the one thing you gotta spend money on. Thread count. Thread count matters. You can have a crappy mattress. You can you can have a crappy mattress. But if you have a high thread crount thread count, man, you will feel like a gazillion dollars. You will feel like royalty. Now, the higher the thread count, the more of the money. But you will feel like you are on air because I have sheets with a high thread count. My mattress sucks. But my wife and I we can't agree on it. And I know you can get those beds where you're like one side goes up, one side goes down. We're just too lazy. We just don't deal with it. But I'm telling you, man, plus you get. You know, the best mattress in my house belongs to my daughter. I think we played like ninety nine bucks for it from my mattress discount store. Its so frustrating. The red count matters. The red count matters. Yep. This out of rain tapping on your window at night, that annoys the hell out of me. Some people find it relaxing, like they have to listen to on their phone. They'll put like rain drops. No, that means I got to take a leak in like twenty minutes. And it's bad enough at night. I mean at night, I'm peeing all the time. I don't get any sleep, so I'm gonna listen to rain. No God, I'll never get I'll never get to bed. Okay, media shower, smell them a new booker magazine? Do they even make magazines anymore? A co worker always remembers your cost. We order that. I haven't had a coworker in five years, so that doesn't happen. A mentor who challenges your thinking, no, I don't want to be challenged. Just nod your head and say yes, I agree, and that's it. I don't need to be challenged. I don't need any debates. This I find awesome. I am thankful for the way a campfire crackles and pops. There is nothing more relaxing than that. And if you want to jump in six seven thirty when a fire, you get a fire and you could just you smell it right. The smell is just right, and you can hear the crackling and the glow and the warmth. I'm going to fall asleep just thinking of it now. That you could put on your phone. Remember I think it was MSG in New York. They would on Christmas Day they would just put they would have put like a fireplace. This is before the NBA started playing games on New Year's On Christmas Day, they would just have a fireplace going. You put that up on your phone. I totally get into that. Yeah, I could be thankful for that. You know what I'm thankful for And the only way you can do it is you have to You have to make an appointment for yourself. I have a back porch. I go and sit on my back porch. I leave the phone inside. I just sit there like twenty minutes nothing nothing, no phone, no list, no food, nothing, just sit there silence. You will be thankful for silence if you think to do it. The problem is you never think to do it, you know what. It's also sometimes when you're driving in the car, you always think something has to be on, and of course you can keep it on WBZ radio, but in case, maybe you need to check out a little bit, shut everything off and just drive. At first, it's weird. For like a couple of minutes, you have like anxiety You're gonna be jonesing because I'm not listening to a podcast about a murder, or I'm not listening to a Celtics game, or you know, I'm not listening to Dan Ray on Night's side. Tell me everything about politics and what's going on in the world, you know, or Ben in the afternoon doing you can get past not listening to something for a couple of minutes and just silence. Then the dts start to go away, the shakes start to settle down, and you find yourself enjoying it. I'm telling you it should twenty minutes of silence a day. And I know they call it meditation, you can call it whatever you want. I just call it twenty minutes of just nothing nothing. Also things, I'm thankful for a coworker who's a pro at diffusing office drama. No, no, no, no. And this is something I believe in. I you know, when I was in the workplace, probably the last five years, everybody had to be polite, and you should be polite and you should respect others. But that doesn't mean you can't disagree with people. The best ideas in the workplace come out of impassioned discussion. Now, some HR gurus will say that's fighting. No, it's not fighting. Disagreement is good, impassion discussion, different ideas, not being afraid of being penalized for having a different idea or taking a stand or saying no, that won't work. But you can't do that now, I mean you can't. I remember, oh my god, a Comcast Sports then somebody we did one of those things where we had a consultant come in and you know, in my opinion, consultants are just that people that have they don't they can't find a job. I mean, so many consultants in the media business over the years. I remember, I go, so, what did you do before? Well, I was with this company and with this company, and then I decided to start my own consultancy firm. You mean, after you get fired. So this consultant like took a poll. You know, I said, we're not Russia, this isn't communism, and everybody said that. It was Comcast Sportsnet at the time. Everybody said we should all be involved in having input into the show. So we go into the conference room at noon or one like twenty people would be in there from audio director's production camera, all giving input on what the sports topics of the day should be. I thought I was going to lose my freaking mind. I was, I said, do I tell anybody how to run a camera? I would sit down with our producer, Jeff capatasto minutes will come up with the show. Boston Sports is not hard. Doing sports for a living is not hard. That I have friends of mine and is Oh my god, I had to write three sports columns this week. Oh you poor baby. Oh I had to go cover training camp. Oh yeah, that's like digging a ditch. I had to stay late because the game went to overtime. Seriously, seriously, or like I need an hour to come up with what we need to talk about at six. Really, just listen to what people are talking about in the streets. Listen to what the buzz is. You gotta have The Patriots suck, the Celtics are on a role. I mean you just you know, it's it's, it's, it's it. Should Pritcher be the sixth Man of the Year for the NBA. It's not hard, but we have to have this big meeting with everybody in there, and a couple of times I blew my stack and it's not good. But I would be like, I can't take this. These other people don't know what they're talking about. Let's just the people who are on the air and the people who produce the shit. Let's do it. So No, I don't I don't care. I think that disagreement is good. Disagreement is good in the workplace, and I don't think it happens enough. You always have to be worried about everybody's feelings. Plus, let's come on, let's be real. Office drama is fun. It's fun, it's gossip. Do you know who's sleeping with who? Just see them make it out in the parking lot of the office. Drama works. It gets you through the day. Did you know that this person has a two pain?
Speaker 1: Or?
Speaker 2: Okay, your call's coming up next. Thanks, you're thankful for what? I'm thankful for office drama. When I actually worked in an I loved it. Phenomenal got you through the day. Man, Nothing like good office gossip and drama. Gossip's the best, isn't it? As long as it doesn't really hurt anyone. There's nothing better than good gossip and good office drama. Andrew and Rick, What you're thankful for? Coming up next to WBZ.
Speaker 4: You're on night side with on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, welcome back, Eary tangling for day here. We're here to twelve midnight tonight. What we are thankful for? You need things, you know, things like the rustling of leaves in a gentle breeze. Eh, that's kind of corny. This was weird. The feeling of sandpaper under your fingertips. No, I've never been thankful for that. That kind of hurts, doesn't it. I don't understand that this is cool, the crunch of snow beneath your boots on a winter morning. That there's nothing better for me in this es. I used to do this and main a lot. You go in the back of our house after their snowfall and you go out. We could go into the woods. We had snowmobile trails and snowshoe trails or whatever, and all the trees will be covered with snow. Just silence. You can tell I'm big on silence. That's my thing. You just go in the woods, the snow is sitting on the trees, and you just walk in silence. You can almost hear the snow in the trees. Okay, now I'm losing my mind. What's Andrew in Boston got for me? Andrew, you're up on wb Z.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jerry, thank you for taking my call, Thanks for calling.
Speaker 5: Thankful for a lot. To be honest, My wife is on the mend after a long health issue. So very thankful there. In spite of being on the road for fourteen hours in counting going back and forth between Boston and New York for my small business, I am especially thankful for hearing your voice on the radio after a long time. I think the uh, I think the last time I heard your voice in the radio was the w E I Days and uh, I think the segment was you reading some erotic fan fiction. I forget the pen name, but oh.
Speaker 2: My god, yeah that was with Kirkie and Jerry. Oh god, well, well what was it? I you know what, I had a ball doing that. Uh, it was fun. It was a lot of fun. Well listen, happy, thanksgimming, safe travels, and thanks for calling. Thanks for remembering. What the hell tangling? Oh god, what do we call that? I gotta dig those up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you can find them, that'll be that'll be some good replay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Andrew. We'll see you later. Yeah. We did romance. We did Romance behind the Glass. That was one with our producers. Oh my god, that was hilarious. Yeah. You know, every once in a while you got to sit back in life and you're going to remember the good things you've done. We focus on the pot We focus on the negative way too much. We always dwell like, oh I should have done this, I should have done that, I should have as opposed to hey, remember when I did this, Remember when I did that. Yes, I'm going through a bit of a phase. I'm talking about sitting in silence on my back porch, taking silent walks in the woods after a snowfall, and now trying to think positively. You could tell I've been out of the media for a while. I will tell you this, after working in Boston media for thirty years, which was a great career. When I stopped working it, I was not as grumpy. I was not. I was happier. I didn't I didn't have as much money, but I certainly wasn't looking for an argument every time I walked around the corner. Rick and Bell, Ricor you're up on WBZ.
Speaker 1: Darry Happy, Thanks killing you too.
Speaker 2: Rick.
Speaker 1: I'm great, you know, I'm just thinking of a couple of things. I'm great before. How about kitchen sinks to drum on, because I'm really good at that. No joke said. You said you were good at it too. You know, one of these days we'll have a battle. I do it on my work too. You know. If you hear the pounding, it's good stuff. And the other thing is I like some good beer, especially brown, and you don't really find really good ones. But there is one called black Hog brown. If I don't want to be maybe I shouldn't be announced. You can't do that. Black Dog brown is a pound you can you can find.
Speaker 2: Do you like? Do you like a hint of molasses in your beer? No? Really, I can't.
Speaker 1: I wanted it can be nutty brown. This is black dog brown is a grenoble brown. And I wanted to sell something keep making it, but it's it's uh black Hog is that Connecticut company and it's it's Granola bron It's fantastic. So I like that. I like English style browns too, and even even German. But molasses I really don't go over that. I don't go vanilla for vanilla in the porter. I kind of like it straight you like it straight ahead?
Speaker 2: Were you a Newcastle guy?
Speaker 1: I was, once upon a time, and about twenty years ago they I loved Newcastle, But probably around twenty years ago or nineteen years ago they changed it and it's not as good anymore. I'm sorry to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loved it. I used to live up in portsandth New Hampshire, out at the old Faery landing Man in the Newcastle Brown Ale. That was my thing that was well done. I loved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it was great. Don't you think they've it's changed.
Speaker 2: Well, I got to be honest with you. I stopped drinking, so I don't know my memory. I know I'm no fun anymore.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's that I pulled back on mine because I need to sing and keep the voice and shape and decide. You're gonna drink too much. You're just chasing your teel because you've got to put so much water in your body. You can never catch up as you drink too much. And I'm older, so.
Speaker 2: Well, you ever know when you get those signs in life? For lent, I gave up drinking and I just I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go. I dropped like fifteen pounds and I got a job on TV. And a year later I was working at Channel four and I met my wife and I said, you know there's something here, There's a sign, there's a size.
Speaker 1: That was it? Then you quit?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That I quit? I mean because the thing I liked beer. Man, I used to drink a ton of beer. And if you're on television, not so much now. The great thing about media now is it really doesn't matter what you look like, it matters what you say. It's true. I mean you could. I mean it's really true. I mean you look on all kinds. Because there's so many different cable outlets. You have people all shapes and sizes. Even though they the beautiful people still get the gigs, but it's much more open. But when I started, you had to be svelt. You had to you know, have a suit on. You had to look good. So you know, you couldn't if you went ten pounds overweight. Man, you were in trouble. So that's why I quit. And then I never.
Speaker 1: Looked back, you know, and I'm sure you looked here, but you know that you knew I have to lose even more because the TV is going to put ten extra pounds on me. Just like that, dude, it sucks it. I'm sure you look good. That's you better. Thank God every day though, you got your wife And now that is a that's that. Wow. I got to think about that. I really got to digest that one. That Thanks for that story. But if I just have a little bit of beer and I keep the body, I gotta I gotta walk on my marshmallow. I got to get out and and uh, you know, work out a little bit, just a little bit, and just eat better. And when I eat better, I always feel better.
Speaker 2: Well you do, always, yeah, you always do. I mean the thing, the thing of it is is when I stopped, when I gave up the beer, I didn't miss it, you know. And you still have to have a cheap day. You know, you can't go cold turkey, you know. I mean, if you're gonna eat, you still have to have a cheat day on a Friday. So give it a five days a.
Speaker 1: Week, mean drink well, no exactly, and no exactly. If you don't have a cheat day, You're gonna say to hell with it. I'm going back to my old ways completely. But if you allow yourself to cheat once or twice a week, you will you will sustain, you'll do the sort of awaken I don't know. Dan talks about waking one AA. It sounds like it works quite a bit. But I think it's based on the idea that you know that maybe the order I'm thinking it's the order of what you eat, and it's and it's watching your calories. But you have to have a little bit of a cheat day or you're never gonna you're never gonna stick with it.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you, Rick, you know my cheat day. I make love to a bag of cool ranch to ritos like you've never seen.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm right there with you. I think we're sharing it.
Speaker 2: No, Rick, have a good Thanksgiving same here.
Speaker 1: Thanks carry.
Speaker 2: Good stuff, Rick calling in here six seven, two, five, four, ten thirty things you are thankful for this? A cozy blanket coming out of the dryer warm, that's pretty cool. A roommate who gives you a workout, who gives you workout motivation. And I just talked to Rick about working out. You know, I don't need to hear that from other people. I don't need I haven't had. My roommate is my wife, and she's actually never done this to me. But when everybody, if anybody ever says to me, you should work out, not a good thing. No, no, And I do work out, but I don't need to hear it. Or when you're working out, there's nothing worse when somebody tries to give you advice. Like if I'm right now, I'm a big Orange theory guy. So I just go in focused and I just do my thing and leave and you talk to you people talk to you. You, I'll talk back to them, and you can be social and so forth. Don't want a lot of advice, don't want a lot of advice. Keep those elbows up. Oh yeah, kiss my butt. I'm paying leave me alone, and I don't get that at the place I go. They're all pretty cool, you know, they're all pretty cool. The feel of gentle rain on your face. That is annoying as hell. That is now, that is dumb. That is so damn annoying. I'm gonna sit there and I'm gonna get no. No, no, no, no, no no that. I can't. I can't. I can't get into that at all. The feeling of a gentle massage. I've never had a bad massage, let me tell you that right now, whether it's gentle or not. So that I would be thankful for six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. We got one more segment to go here, folks, here on WBC's night Side.
Speaker 4: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, Gary tangleing for Dan Rag tonight on night Side. Getting ready to wrap things up, things you are thankful for. Let's go to Christian in the peabty Christian. What's ow Buddy, You're on WBC's Everything You too, Buddy.
Speaker 3: This goes back to childhood when you go on through the ice on the first freeze on the lake when it's thin, and you take the rocks and skip it and it makes the musical phones.
Speaker 2: I've never done that. Run that by me again.
Speaker 3: When ice is really thin, like on a pond. Yeah, it's like that first freeze. If you go out with b walk a small one and you throw the walks across the water as they bounce on the ice, it'll make musical phones.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. I've never heard that. I have to look online to see that because I bet you that's really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like being boing ban but it's all different tones depending on the size of the rock.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I am getting so I am getting so eclectic in my old age. That's a great one, Christian, buddy.
Speaker 3: But that's really cool. I mean it's something that you never offer.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's something you never think of. Listen, have a good time Thanksgiving. I appreciate the callet. I gotta try that one. I mean, as you get older, it's those are the things in life. I mean, I'm really I don't mean to get deep on you, man, but sometimes silent. I'm just thankful for the silence. This from a guy who makes a lot of noise. Things. You're thankful for a local food bank that helps those in need. Absolutely, absolutely, you know. I did this with my family at the Pine Street Inn. Just sign up, go over, serve a meal. Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it Pine Street in or any of your local shelters, especially if you got kids. Take the kids, show how they can help. Go do it, go do it, absolutely and they will see and they will realize how they need to be thankful for things. A shower head with an adjustable water pressure. Okay, here's the big debate in my house. I want to rain shower those things in the middle. My wife just likes to regular shower. In a heartbeat, it's way too much money, it's totally extravagant. But those showers with like the rain shower on the top and like jets coming out of the wall so you get nailed like every which way. It's phenomenal. I'd be thankful for that. I will tell you right now. I'm thankful that it seems to be we're getting some peace in the Middle East. There's people that are talking and there could be some a treaty between Palestine and Israel. Very thankful for that. Now, if we can just do the same thing with the Ukraine, it's still it never ceases to amaze me. The more advanced we get, the smarter we get, the more intelligent we get, and people still kill people. It just doesn't make any sense to me. We have cures for diseases, we have vaccinations, we've weathered the storm of a pandemic. We do all these incredible things. But yet because of somebody's religious belief or nationality, people want to kill them. I just it, just it. Yeah, I can't understand it. Boy, tangway, that took a turn. How'd you go from talking about showers to that? Wow? Who that's a little nuts. The simple joy of a well organized desk. You know what, If I have a well organized desk, that means I'm not doing crap. When everything's a mess on my desk and I got papers everywhere, and I got pens, and I got empty coffee cups, that's progress. If everything's neat. My wife's desk is immaculate, and she does a ton of work, so I really can't say anything there. But there's sometimes if I saw somebody's day that's a little too neat, I'm going, what are you really doing? What are you really doing here? What are you hiding? What are you hiding? Kid? Yeah, the desk is too neat. They're not getting enough done. I'll tell you that right now. The joy of singing along if it's not gonna come sounds of burt a birch chripping on the suthing. Yeah, I like that. The aroma of a delicious meal cooking in the kitchen depends what the meal is. I mean, come on, if it's fiddle heads like my mom used to cook fiddle heads, or should or do some pickling? Oh my god, the pickles are good after they were pickled, obviously. If they're not pickled, it's a cucumber. But you know what I'm trying to say, But the pickling process, my mom would have this big thing on the stove, a big pot at about eight jars eight ball jars in there with all caught up cucumbers and vinegar and brown sugar, and that would last for hours. Oh, my god, I would oh, vomit boo boo. A hug that conveys love and support without words, and somebody doesn't stab me in the back. There I could do that. I could understand as well. So there you have it. Things were thankful for. I gotta tell him. My health club has these massage chairs. They're awesome. It's so expensive, though. I would buy one in a heartbeat. My brother in law has one, but they never use it. I never understand it. I should just go over and like get a key and go in and start using it myself. But they have these massage chairs where you put it on for like ten minutes and it just rolls through your body back and forth. And there's only supposed to be a ten minute limit. But if there's nobody waiting in line, I just like fall asleep and I could pull the shade like in the area I'm in and no one will see me, and I just fall asleep for thirty minutes. Boom knocked out. Thankful for that man, Thankful for that, Thankful for Rob, Thankful for Marita. But doing a great job putting the show together tonight here on WBC. So it's going to be interesting. We have Thanksgiving coming up, got some folks coming down from Maine, and right now, my big decision is to put marshmallows on the sweet potatoes? Do I do that? I mean, if you don't like them, you can take them off. Because if you put marshmallows on the sweet potatoes, that makes the sweet potatoes sweet sweet potatoes. I don't know if they need it. Maybe a little brown sugar is all you need. And there is nothing wrong with having your Thanksgiving, cadude. There's nothing wrong with going to Whole Foods or Sudbury Farms or Roach Brothers or any of the great super mar the big Why whoever does it here in Massachusetts? There's nothing wrong with that. I have friends of mine. They got like thirty people coming. They're baking the bird, they're cooking all the food. Man, you got to really want to cook to do that. And you know, since I stopped working, which has been phenomena. By the way, a lot of people say, like, I go crazy. I'm not. I'd go crazy if I didn't work. No, you wouldn't, trust me, you wouldn't. Working is highly overrated. Doing what you want is not. There's a difference just because you're not working here, you're not employed, doesn't mean you're just sitting on your asshole day feeling sorry for yourself. You're out doing stuff that you want to do. So what I tried to do was become a good cook. Because my wife is working. You know, we had somebody for the kids. Let that person go. Unfortunately I became the nanny. I became the manny. I became the I can't cook and I don't want to cook. And there's something romantic about being a great cook. There is like having a glass of wine and cooking up this great meal and tossing the food around and you got the music going. And you know what happens in every movie, you know, the guy has the girl over and he's cooking up some great recipe and everything is perfect. And it's only in the movies because when I try to do it, I mean when I cooked dinner at home and my wife brings out the hummus and the carrots, and my daughter will bring out the peb and j should I feel insulted. The last thing I want to do is cook a freaking turkey. Does that make me a communist? No, it makes me a man who can't cook. The last thing I want to do is cook a turkey. It's bad enough. I think I got to reheat it. I pick it up at Hoples, bringing it sliding it. I'm thankful for all of you that listen tonight. I'm thankful for our guests. I'm thankful for the Celtics, thankful for Emily Kennedy, thankful for Giuliano, thank you for Jackson Tolliver, thank you for Scott Barredell. I appreciate you, guys. Appreciate you guys joining us tonight here on WBZ. Have a great Thanksgiving. You've been listening Tonight's side. Catch you next time.