Speaker 1: Welcome Just hand Away Tagalog Sermon podcast.
Speaker 2: Your Daily dos a inspiring from heartfelt tagalog.
Speaker 3: Sermons from different characters and speakers all over the Philippines. We hope that this podcast finds you in good shape. And now here's your message.
Speaker 1: You're listening to a podcast from Victory. We study the Word in order to apply and obey what it says. Explore this truth in week eight of our series Wordview.
Speaker 2: As we end our series. We've been here in our series entitled Wordview, where for the past seven weeks we've been talking about the Word of God that we are called to have a life of devotion.
Speaker 3: What else we talked about that.
Speaker 2: The Word is perfect, it does not have any error, it's sufficient, it's clear, and that's why as believers, all of us here we are willing to put our lives under the authority of scripture. And as we learn all that for the past seven weeks, today we're going to apply what we learn.
Speaker 3: The question is how.
Speaker 2: Do we apply the Word of God? How do we do what it says? And how do we study it? Now we know that the series has been transforming our lives. It's been transforming our minds against the worldview.
Speaker 3: Now it wants us to be transformed by the Word of God.
Speaker 2: And this is actually what we want to talk about today. How to apply the actual Word of God in our lives and our main text is found in James Chapter one, verse twenty one, and it says here, therefore, put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted Word, which is able to save your souls. Verse twenty two says, but the doers of the word, and not hears, only deceiving yourselves. Verse twenty three says, for if anyone is a hero of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in the mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away, and at once forgets what he looks like. Verse twenty five says, But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, Being no hero who forgets, but a doer who acts, he will be.
Speaker 3: Blessed in all his doings. You know, we.
Speaker 2: Start our scripture today, which is found in the Book of James. The Book of James is said to be the book of faith, that works. This book was actually written by James, the half brother of Jesus, and he was writing to the Jerusalem Church. This was the church that he was pastoring. He wrote a letter because he wanted to address two things. Number One, he has seen that they have failed to put the word of God into practice. And it was a root of something else. Why because the people during that time, although they were saved already, they were deceived by the world. And that's why he was saying that they were living a life with a double mind. They were double minded people. When we say double minded is sometimes you are for the word, you allow the word to speak to you. But sometimes there's instances in your life that you actually use the world as your perspective. These are experiences that we go through. These are the advice that people give us that we're not sure if it's godly or something that they've experienced as well. James was actually talking to double minded people. But you know what, Yes, it was written two thousand years ago or more. But the question is in our lives do we have a double minded life as well? Are there things that make us decide based on what the world says or is it all based on the Word of God. And this is how he starts it. In verse twenty one, he says, therefore, put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: He was reminding his people, the people of the church, the leaders, just like you, guys, everyone. He was reminding them that what Jesus has done on the Cross has brought you from.
Speaker 3: Sin and slavery. Now you are free.
Speaker 2: He was reminding them of their identity in Christ. He was saying that you are no longer slaves of sin. He can actually remove that life and move forward. And that's why he was reminding them to put away all wickedness and filthiness. He was saying this to remind them of their true identity in Christ.
Speaker 3: And now he starts with.
Speaker 2: Saying the word receive. He said and receive in another translation in the n E version, it's a to receive is to welcome. You know, when we welcome someone that we invite our house, we like them to be there.
Speaker 3: That's why we prepare for it. Me.
Speaker 2: I like inviting people to our house. I like hanging out with people in our house. I would always invite people to hang out like the bagdados. We'd always go there goes to us now. And as I've shared with you, we have a twelve bedroom unit. So Cilaria would stay in one of the rooms and we.
Speaker 3: Would hang out.
Speaker 2: But before the visitors would go, it would actually be we would actually.
Speaker 3: Prepare for it.
Speaker 2: Actually go to the grocery, buy something that they like, we'd actually prepare it. We clean it, lean ismen. We make sure that when they get there wellan calead. We make sure that when they get there, they get there safe, they know where to part. We welcome them. And when they're there, what do we do. We entertain them. We talk to them, We spend time with them. We give our one hundred persent attention to our visitors. We welcome them, we receive them, same as the word of God when we read the word, James is saying that we welcome it with one hundred percent of our attention when we read it, when we open the Bible, we're ready to receive it. We want them there. It's an appointment. They don't just just barge in. We're ready for it.
Speaker 3: We want them there. We want the Word of God to speak to us.
Speaker 2: Have you been to a house now and invite kyo?
Speaker 3: We don't do that. Do I do that? No, I don't do that. When we receive people, we welcome them. And this is what James was talking about. We receive them, we welcome the Word of God and it was giving.
Speaker 2: Us a posture of what our hearts should be. He says, how do we receive them in meekness? What do you mean by meekness? To be meek is actually to be submissive. It's an act of humility. It's being humbled by the presence of God that when you read it, you're saying, Lord, I don't know what you want me to understand, but I want you to explain it to me. I want you to reveal it to me. Do we have this posture when we read the Word of God? Are we humbled enough to say, Lord, I don't know what to do and I need your leading. Or are we the type of people that, whenever we open the Bible, we say.
Speaker 3: Al'm kunihan.
Speaker 2: The bad therefore nana man wellgum pisa. How do we respond when we read the Word of God? Are we people who actually are not one hundred percent fully engaged to the word whenever we read it, everything that's in your mind is actually to be on the next task. At seven o'clock you open your Bible and then you know that by fifteen and fifteen minutes traffic will build Upber are.
Speaker 3: You fully engaged and concentrated to the Word of God?
Speaker 2: Are we in the mood or is it a requirement already for us? Sabin no me preach keasaygo every day. And so you have this heart where you say, Lord, I read my Bible five times this week, Tapa may wish na n kapali don't Is it becoming a requirement or something that we negotiate with with God?
Speaker 3: What is our heart? Whenever we read the Word of God?
Speaker 2: He says we receive or welcome in humility. Which one the implanted word says there the implanted word. And what is the implanted word? It means the implanted in the Greek language is in phutos, which means to be permanently in place. It's something that takes root, something that's it holds there. And when we talk about the implanted Word of God, because James was saying that it is rooted to the gospel that we know, because if we really know who Jesus is, we can actually accept all his teachings, because if he know who Jesus is, that he died on the cross for my sins. Now I believe that everything that He wants for me that will save me, it will be good for me. It will be something that will protect me with something that will be a blessing to me.
Speaker 3: And this is a covenant that God gave.
Speaker 2: And we see this as a prophetic gesture. In Jeremiah, it says in Jeremiah thirty one, it says, for this is the covenant that I make with the House of Israel after those days, declares the Lord, I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. This was a God saying that he will be the one to put the word in our hearts. It's actually him putting it in our hearts.
Speaker 3: The question is are we.
Speaker 2: Welcoming him to do that to us actually allowing him to put the.
Speaker 3: Word of God in our hearts.
Speaker 2: You know, we are called to receive the Word in humility, and when we say humility, what we're saying is that whenever we read the word, we accept it.
Speaker 3: We don't negotiate.
Speaker 2: Lord and wedding step one moon Lord and Hindiito Pasa. Are you a person that when you see the word that is hard to apply, you would actually automatically look for someone.
Speaker 3: Else kid Glendato. Whenever you read.
Speaker 2: The word and you see that it's difficult, you find fault in other people from because you pugnet transition shap Galitsha. We receive the word in humility because it's good for us. That's his heart, our father's heart to us. He always wants to minister to us. But you know what, James does not end there. He was saying that to apply the word of God, it doesn't end with reading it, with studying the word. He said in verse twenty two, we have to be doers of the word. We have to do something about it. We have to apply it in our lives. You know, one of the last trainings that I've experienced when I was in the previous company, when I was still working in a multinational company, they actually sent me to Antipolo for three days with a few couple of people. It was a training on seven habits of effective people, I think by Stephen Kobe. It was a three day thing. We were locked in on Tipolo. We were allowed to go home because they wanted us to make sure that there were exercises in applications or something that you would think about and reflect about after the eight to five seminar and me being a very competitive.
Speaker 3: Person, I would always have questions.
Speaker 2: I would always be the Paccin Avenue facilitator. I have a question, I will answer. I wanted to get all the learnings from it. I would write down everything that I needed to learn. I would market but Stabilo, yellow, green, blue, blue, nicolam well labs I market, I underline it.
Speaker 3: I put a star asterisk. I wanted to learn so much. I read.
Speaker 2: I wrote down everything that I needed to learn, and I would actually picture the things that I wanted to apply.
Speaker 3: Work but efficient all. I will change this. I will talk to the people. We have to change this. We have to do this.
Speaker 2: The training was on a Friday, three days Wednesday to Friday. You know on Friday, when I went home, Oh, come stan Kelley, grabbe, I'm gonna I'm gonna revolutionize my work at Tinao Feeling Saturday, I met a few people grab him galingon training.
Speaker 3: Damn, you should see the man. I'll lend it to you.
Speaker 2: Sunday, gangly by Monday when he got back to working desk on damning Peter Mahan, dammit and shampre. As a Christian as we are, so I did what I needed to do.
Speaker 3: I forgot about the training.
Speaker 2: If you ask me if I applied one of the seven maybe the eighth. I don't know, but I don't even remember applying the one to seven. Why because it was actually I forgot all about it. I was eaten by what I needed to do. Sometimes we're like that. When we read the word, We're excited you want to do it. We're excited when we read it. When we when Lord grab the first time looking grabbing a scripture of Jesus, wept. It's something I want to apply well on compassion, I want to cry. And then nothing happens. We experience that it's hard to do. Why, Because we're eaten by the world. We go back to the daily grind. We get busy. I want to say this to you, but stern warning, I'm gonna say this out of love, and this is for all of us. You know, many times we have this idea that as we hear a preaching, the preaching will make.
Speaker 3: Us grow as believers.
Speaker 2: But reality is, if we don't apply it, we'll just be back to where we are.
Speaker 3: We won't go, we won't grow. Whenever we hear.
Speaker 2: A preaching and we like it, we need to do our part.
Speaker 3: We need to apply it. We need to respond to do our part. I like the message. Version of the scripture, it says that the word of God.
Speaker 2: For people that who do not apply it, it's as if it enters one ear.
Speaker 3: And then sits another, just passes through. Warren words.
Speaker 2: We said, too many Christians mark their Bibles, but their bibles never mark them.
Speaker 3: Isn't it true? Sometimes we could write down everything that we could do, mark it, but.
Speaker 2: The world would actually lie to us and deceive us that there are a lot more things important.
Speaker 3: For us to do than to apply the word of God.
Speaker 2: In verse twenty three, it says James was giving us a picture.
Speaker 3: Of what it is if we do not apply it. Sabitazhan. For if anyone is a hear of the word and not a doer, he.
Speaker 2: Is like a man who looks intently at himself natural face in the mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away at once forgets what he was like if you think about it back you no, no, Why was James talking about a mirror that when you look at yourself intently and then you leave and back What's it about that mirror? You know during this time that James wrote this well up upon mirror in the glass mirrors were made of polished metal, and when you look at yourself in a polished metal object, it's something that will not give you one hundred percent of the reflection. So it means you need to look at it intently.
Speaker 3: You need to look at yourself.
Speaker 2: Paramasmaliti ilungko almko but iba. When your mirror is not one hundred percent reflective of you, you get to look at it in different angles.
Speaker 3: We get to think about it, is this really what I look like?
Speaker 2: And the verse is that when we see something different or we see something not try it in our faces, when we see the reflection, we have to actually do something about it. It's tomorrow when you wake up, before you leave for office, muta, ohi muta you take it out right? We take it out why because it's not normal. It's not normal that you go to the office with muta.
Speaker 3: You have to clean your eyes. You know, this is what the Word of God does.
Speaker 2: It's actually a reflection of what we need to see, more than a mirror to actually show us what's wrong with us. When we read the word of God, we would actually see what we need to do to actually give us a reflection of the sin that we're going through, to actually give us a reflection of our attitude. But mayavan bada do we have that pride? It's a picture of reflecting what we need to see about ourselves. But the problem is we don't do it. Some of us can actually ignore it. You feeling moment, do migan conte where everyone sees it. Now there's something wrong with you, but for you no.
Speaker 3: Normal.
Speaker 2: This is very unfortunate when we continue to live our lives as if.
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong with us.
Speaker 2: When the Word of God is clear for us to see that we need to change, for us to see that we need to do something about it, for us to see that we need to repent for our things, for us to see that we need to say sorry to a loved one, but we don't do it.
Speaker 3: We close the book.
Speaker 2: The Word of God is saying that we're deceiving ourselves.
Speaker 3: It's us who is at the losing end.
Speaker 2: I like what James said in the same book, Chapter four, verse seventeen. It says, remember it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it. When we learn what we need to do based on the word of God and we don't do it, the Word says, it's actually sin. How do we respond when God reveals things to us once we receive it in humility, How do we respond to his word?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: God desires the best for us, but we all if we only read the word, understand it, study.
Speaker 3: It, but don't do it s actually.
Speaker 2: Rubbing ourselves of the best of what God wants us to experience.
Speaker 3: We're called to obey the word of God. Very simple. We have to do our part. God reveals to us truth. Now we need to do our part. We need to respond.
Speaker 2: Psalms one one nine, verse thirty says teach me, o, Lord, the way of your statutes, and I will keep it to the end. Give me understanding that I may keep your law and observe it with.
Speaker 3: All my heart.
Speaker 2: Lead me in the path of your commandments, for eye delight in it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: And a practical way to look at the word is to ask, Lord, show me what you want me to understand in your lass, in your words, Lord, teach me, give me understanding and lead me to what you want me to do.
Speaker 3: This reality.
Speaker 2: Maybe some of us or maybe most of us, with quote scriptures in the Bible, we may know a hundreds of scriptures. We may know a lot of things, principal stories from the Old Testament to the New Everything. We may know all that, But if you don't apply the word of God in our lives, won't be able to move forward. God won't be able to put us in his will. God won't be able to use us the way He designed us. Question that we want to ask each and every one of us today, or there things that we need to obey, or their things that we need to apply. You know, one of the things that I want to do today, which is different from most of our preachings, is to actually do it. Apply it, apply the word of God. And today we're going to go back practical. So what's next?
Speaker 3: We want to apply the word?
Speaker 2: But the question is how? Verse twenty five says we start it by looking. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, is talking about the scripture, the word look here that was used comes from the Greek word para kupto, which means to bend over to see something better, to find out something intellectual about it. It's actually not just looking in front. It's researching, it's reading, it's meditating, it's looking for answers. Did you know that your bibles, most of our Bibles would have pages and pages of an introduction to a book. Sometimes it's at the back, sometimes it happens before the book.
Speaker 3: But it's there. We just need to read it.
Speaker 2: We just need to study it to be able to know the leading of God.
Speaker 3: We need to make sure.
Speaker 2: That we study the word of God. We need to make sure that we did deep. One of the things that I want to share with you on the practical side of it is this that as you study each book of the Bible, how many books do we have? Sixty six books? We need to actually know this. And if you're starting your devotion tomorrow and starting a new book, this would be a good thing to start with. Number One, know the author, Know the author, know the audience. Who is he talking about Latin yea, What is the purpose of the book, and then what is the context? And this is what we did a while ago about James. Now you understand when we read the scripture. Okay, so let's James.
Speaker 3: His church and in purpose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wanted to address issues of double mindedness. What was the context? They were thriving church?
Speaker 3: He U was all that this time. We only learned that if we.
Speaker 2: Read, if we study the book, if we study the scripture, and if you're ready, we're gonna do something different today.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do road.
Speaker 2: Have you heard of road as a method of doing your devotion? So road means R? What does what do we mean by R?
Speaker 3: It's read.
Speaker 2: When we read the word, we have to read it fast, read it slow, read it silently, read it aloud in any meth read it in different styles, read other translations. After you read ESV read NIV. You know, one of the things that we have the privilege of having is free Bibles in the Internet.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of versions.
Speaker 2: There that we can actually validate from. Even the Tagalog Bible is available there. So we read the scripture, and once you read the scripture, you highlight the things that impact you. You highlight the thing that you feel that God is speaking to you with.
Speaker 3: What's oh, oh is observe there? When we observe.
Speaker 2: We look at the context. What was happening, Where were they when was this?
Speaker 3: What are the words that were used?
Speaker 2: Was it repeated? Is there a concluding word?
Speaker 3: Is there a word? Therefore? Sometimes you would hear and.
Speaker 2: Read words like truly, truly? Why did they repeat the word?
Speaker 3: We observe that there are commands. Why are their commands?
Speaker 2: Look for the promises we observe, and then letter A is ask ask questions like why why did this happen? Ask questions like what what is going on?
Speaker 3: What does it say to me in my life?
Speaker 2: We can ask questions, And then lastly is do how do we respond? We need to repent? Do we need to say sorry?
Speaker 3: This is action?
Speaker 2: We start doing it? Do we start learning new disciplines? And another way of doing something is actually prayer. When God leads us to.
Speaker 3: Prayer, it's doing it.
Speaker 2: It's something that is a spiritual that when God reveals something, we get.
Speaker 3: Down on our knees and we pray. We do it.
Speaker 2: All right, So I hope you guys are excited because today we're gonna actually do rude. I'm gonna give you a scripture for the next few minutes. Let's read it and then we'll try to observe, we'll try to ask questions, and we'll do all right.
Speaker 3: Are you guys ready? All right, let's.
Speaker 2: Read John chapter twenty verse twenty four to twenty nine. All right, I'm gonna give you guys time, okay, all right, so we'll just check something that you have observed. Can I hear someone to say something about what you have observed in the scripture? So well, I know, busy, yeah, Abram choose one? Yeah, all right, let's give a hand to the young gentleman.
Speaker 3: What have you observed? Are you Thomas? Yes?
Speaker 2: From the other disciples, yes, yes, that's good.
Speaker 3: They didn't believe Thomas.
Speaker 2: May prove they were convincing when they were convincing him. Okay, one more observation, all right, what's one thing that you observed?
Speaker 3: Thomas was not with the.
Speaker 2: Disciples, Yes, when they encountered Jesus he was not.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, but yes, yes, one more, one more?
Speaker 2: One more observation from Abrams group. Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 3: Thomas wanted for evidence, yes, to believe. That's good. All right. Let's give around the lost or volunteers.
Speaker 2: All right, so we'll see you know, stay there loud, Okay, observation, This is what I wrote down. Number one almost did not believe the other disciples about Jesus resurrection. Maybe he was a person that needs to see first to believe.
Speaker 3: It's very obvious, right. Another observation that.
Speaker 2: I found is Jesus defines a blessed person and that's believing without seeing. So because of my observation, what did I conclude? That we are called by Jesus to live a life of faith and that faith is a life of faith? Is what that we don't need to see a life of faith. It's not seeing to believe, it's an other way around. We can actually believe something that we do not see. When we do road we write down all our observations, there's no limit to it. You can fill in the entire page for this. So now we should ask what's one thing that you want to ask? But tep of friend Silla. If you think about it, the burk out the time.
Speaker 3: But to get any.
Speaker 2: If I was Peter or Paul or John or Ringo whatever, one more question?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what's the purpose? Yes?
Speaker 2: I know I am purpose bay that's good.
Speaker 3: That's good?
Speaker 2: And how these are the two questions that I wanted to get clarified. The first one is clarity of the verse. This is my question, how did Jesus enter the room? Since the verses the door was locked.
Speaker 3: These are the.
Speaker 2: Questions that we want to ask because if you don't understand it, we can actually look for the answer. Lord back at and on purpose it was locked the verses the door was locked, and then all of a sudden Jesus was around them. Why because it was no longer in his flesh that is pinto He just appears where he wants to appear. Okay, another question that I wanted to ask, But this time I want.
Speaker 3: You to get this.
Speaker 2: This is a reflective question that I wanted to ask, and this is my devotion. By the way, a few days ago, I really chose this to.
Speaker 3: Share it with you. This is my question, what are the.
Speaker 2: Things that I've been believing for that I've lost hope on because I do not see it happening, no progress.
Speaker 3: It was like a Thomas.
Speaker 2: In me guides a bin and victory group leader, go guys, abin and pastors that I don't believe why because there was an I.
Speaker 3: Don't see it?
Speaker 2: Is there things in my life that I need to see first to believe, so I think questions go in my mind, okay.
Speaker 3: And the last one is do all right?
Speaker 2: What is one thing that you want to do based on the scripture were.
Speaker 3: Young faith by the mass Manuel at yes Teva.
Speaker 2: It's something that will allow you to do that meaning it's to have that faith that even though I do not see it.
Speaker 3: Now, I will believe it.
Speaker 2: Or these are the two reminders that I wanted to do, sabiko, remind myself of the things that I'm believing for that it will happen by faith. Although I don't see it yet, I can declare it's yes an aim and in Jesus Christ, it's a picture of Thomas and his unbelief Nis and Inula and the Tartana Jesus and savage Jesus. Blessed, Peace be with you. Blessed are the ones who do not see yet believe. And this is what I want in my life now, Lord, Now I don't even need to see what I can believe. This is what I learned from this text. And now I began to actually write down the things that I needed to remind myself that Lord, dig maa maa magiar in Alam, it's yes and Amen, I was actually giving a picture of a cake that whenever we buy a cake, do we need.
Speaker 3: To see how it's big. We just know it's there.
Speaker 2: We just know that when we need it, when we buy it, it's already there.
Speaker 3: And a build up in faithful. But I needed to do my part.
Speaker 2: I needed to write the things down that I needed to believe again and lastly, dun sad, I wrote down to pray that God will guard my heart from unbelief. That I don't want to live in unbelief. That whenever people would ask me something and I would reply to them that they need to see first to believe. I don't want to impart that to others unbelief And it starts with me. And I hope you get this. That doing is an act of prayer as well. Doesn't mean that when we pray we're not doing something. We're actually doing something when we pray and ask God to change us.
Speaker 3: When we pray and ask God.
Speaker 2: To change our heart of stone to a heart of flesh, what we're saying is Lord, Digo Kyah, do your work in me.
Speaker 3: Its surrenderer our lives to the one who can do it.
Speaker 2: Last few reminders, some guide questions during your devotion as you do your road on a daily basis. Number one, does it reveal an attitude to change.
Speaker 3: Or a sin to forsake?
Speaker 2: Ask these questions based on the scripture that we read. Number two, does it reveal a specific promise to claim? Does it reveal an example to follow? Does it reveal a command to obey? In these four questions that we ask and even that applied, don't skate Thomas.
Speaker 3: A story in Jesus.
Speaker 2: It's number one. Does it reveal an attitude to change? Second one, lord attitude know of unbelief? And then second it reveals an example to follow the example of Jesus saying that to believe is not necessarily to see, but actually to believe that it has already happened. Ohibyon in road, thank you, don Selima. In verse twenty five we end it says we are called to study.
Speaker 3: The word says there.
Speaker 2: But the one who looks into the perfect law and the law of liberty. And there's a keyword here, it says persevere. When we persevere, we do our part, we meaning we do it, we fight for it.
Speaker 3: Here's discipline, we do it. Until the end.
Speaker 2: And I was thinking about an example of who that this might be. And I know that you've noticed social media being flooded of posts about Billy Grant, a nineteen nine year old pastor, reverend, powerful evangelist speaker, someone who is devoted to the Word until the end at nineteen nine years old, if he could actually preach at that age. When we persevere, the Word of God.
Speaker 3: Makes stronger roots in our life. The Word of God just overflows in us.
Speaker 2: When we persevere and receive the word, and when we apply it.
Speaker 3: We can actually benefit from it. We have a blessed life.
Speaker 2: And this is the reward, the promise, the change gives. In the end, he said that whoever not only hears it, but does it, he will be blessed.
Speaker 3: In his doing.
Speaker 2: When we apply the word of God, when we study it diligently, we can have a blessed marriage. When we apply the Word of God and study it, we can have actually a blessed career, blessed relationships.
Speaker 3: He promises that that we will be blessed. It will always be.
Speaker 2: For us, protect us, strengthen us, lead us to the right path. If you think about it, this is the heart of God, the only reason why he wants us to obey this.
Speaker 3: For you, it's really for you. It's for us to have a life that is full, to have a li life that.
Speaker 2: Is worthy, something that honors him, and we can enjoy that life. As I end, I want to share with you, Luke. Chapter eleven, verse twenty eight. In this verse, Jesus was teaching a crowd just like this, a bunch of people, huge number of people, teaching.
Speaker 3: Them what to do with their lives.
Speaker 2: He was preaching about the kingdom that is at hand.
Speaker 3: Because of the preaching that he gave.
Speaker 2: There's this one woman shouts, blessed is your mother who carried you, Sabina in verse twenty seven ale bayum patita in our context, by your mommy most.
Speaker 3: Chapter with you.
Speaker 2: She shouted, blessed are you among women? Sorry, Sabina, blessed is your mother?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 2: It is that Sabina, blessed is your mother in verse twenty seven. But what did Jesus say, Versey, It says blessed Rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it. I know you want to be blessed. Sometimes we claim it. Lord, we are blessed people because we are your children. God wants that for you. He has given his instructions for us, spoken to us, wants to speak to us on a daily basis, But we need to do our part. The biggest part he has done already by dying on the cross. And this is our position as sons and daughters of God.
Speaker 3: He wants us to be blessed. How do we do that?
Speaker 2: We need to obey the word of God. Amen, Amen, Heavenly Father, Thank you that your word is clear to us. Thank you, Lord God, that we can declare this word that we are blessed. Why because we are people who obey your word. Thank you, Heavenly Father, that you are in our midst today. Lord, speak to each and every one of us. Lord, I declare that you're giving them courage.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: Some of you, my brothers and sisters, are having this hard time because you know that it's gonna hurt you if you obey God. Why because it may be a wrong situation, maybe a relationship that you're in that you shouldn't be in. But you know what God is saying that he will be the one to restore you. Some of us might be afraid to obey God. Why because we're not sure of what will it turn out of what will happen if we obey him. But you know what, this is my declaration for each and every one of us, even to myself, that when we obey the word of God, we know that his plans are always good, pleasing, imperfect. You know, when God blesses us, he does not add trouble to it. Well, I'm Sabbath always be good for us, even the time that when we obey, He knows that. I believe some of us are hesitant, But you know what, I believe God is bestowing courage to each and everyone. Nor thank you for your people today, Nor thank you that their hearts are ripe for you, Lord God. Lord, thank you that whenever they read the word, they will look into it Lord, in all angles they will study it.
Speaker 3: Lord. Thank you, Lord God, that you have given us this hunger to know you more.
Speaker 2: Nor thank you that as we obey you, Lord God, You're gonna be a father who is delighted to us that whenever we do something, Lord, as we obey you, Lord, you're gonna be a father who is so happy that you're gonna reward us. Lord Nord, thank you that you're giving us an inheritance of a children of children that belongs to you, Lord nor, thank you for bestowing blessings upon blessings upon your people.
Speaker 3: Lord.
Speaker 2: They declare that you're gonna surprise them this week. Thank you, Lord God, that you're gonna move in and through them. Lord God, Favor upon men, Lord God as they obey you. Favor upon transactions, Lord, Favor upon restoration of relationships. This we declare in Jesus' name, and everybody say.
Speaker 1: You just heard a podcast from Victory. For more messages like these and to access other resources, please visit Victory dot org dot pH or like our page on Facebook at Facebook dot com slash victoryph. Thank you for listening. We hope that you enjoyed today's episode. Don't forget to share and subscribe to this podcast for more. God bless you all.