Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, It's Tuesday, September sixteenth, twenty twenty five. It's the Giant BombCast, brought to you by Game of Former and Character Issues. I am your host today, Mike Minatti and joining me. Even though there's a new captain of this ship today, somehow he is still the co captain. I have not thrown him overboard. Everybody, it's Jeff Grubb Gannity think.
Speaker 2: Can I get you anything?
Speaker 1: Sir?
Speaker 2: Another foot rub, I mean, whatever you need, I'm here for you.
Speaker 1: Just keep the diet. Doctor Pepper's coming and we'll all be good good. And he's the world's happiest little pilgrim. He's gonna make it all the way to the citadel with Narya weapon Dan records.
Speaker 3: I've never really considered just how different Mike Naughty and Janet Joe are. Its just completely different human beings, right, Yeah, And.
Speaker 1: He doesn't want to hear about bugs. He doesn't want to hear about their weird little underground societies. He does want to hear about their weird false gods and pseudo religions. He just wants to squash, smash, destroy, Sean Turbo Shan McDowell.
Speaker 4: You really know how it makes silk songs sound appealing to someone. Mike, you know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. It's a gift of mine. Welcome everybody, Jan and Driffrout on assignment today. That's all right. We still got a fantastic crew assembled here to talk about all the hot video game news and releases. Uh but gosh, any other housekeeping we need to do grab here on the top.
Speaker 2: Uh No, I mean not anything in particular. I think you know, we just will have you know, usually this is where he just starts talking about random stuff, right, Mike, I don't think we.
Speaker 1: Have anything somebody. I just wanted to make sure. No, I'm thinking I think we're covered.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 1: Those bases are like, did you chuck tell us to do something? He's chucking a yell at me.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I'm doing you might have ye.
Speaker 4: Maybe I should look at the rundown, Mike, at the highlighted section in big bold letters.
Speaker 1: Yeah at that. Oh yes, everybody go to Enormous Exposed to doc comics. Sure you have opted in the wiki needs your help, so join the wiki street team. Still, that's the thing in the discord. Do that all right? Good? Good job, we did it. That that is some great house keeping stuff there. Yeah, everybody doing. Uh, I'm busy. How about you get.
Speaker 3: I'm loving it. I'm back to It's been a little bit since I've been playing so much. Like I'm always playing a ton of games, but this has been so much that it's like my I'm having to stop at times because my hands are hurting because I'm playing for so many hours in a row and all weekend and numerous different games. And it's a good feeling. It feels like home.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, exactly, it is fun. Even I'm usually pretty good, but the amount of switch to deepad using I've been up too lately. I think I've actually like built up a cows or something. It's feeling better. Yeah, I pushed through the pain.
Speaker 2: I started using the dpad on the switch too, and it's much much better in certain ways. When I'm like actually just exploring, I'll go use the analog stick to save my life. But I've got I pushed back to the pain, and now I think I'm used to it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I will say I've been swapping between you know, talking about holl And I will go into the game later. But the controller, I've been swapping between Elite controller, the steam Deck, and now I think the eight bit do Ultimate. Uh yeah, that's the main one, because like you know, the Elite's a great controller, but like I do just exclusively use d pad on holiday and so it's like I did find myself, like when I switched to the eight bit Doo, It's just like, oh okay, this placement is much much better for all to night. So that's been my go to it. And like steam Deck, I'll get to bosses and stuff on the steam Deck and it's just like love the steam Deck, but I'm actively doing worse with that, you know.
Speaker 1: Interesting, It's kind of annoying how when we first saw the switch, we're like, wow, they're gonna be able to have modular controllers. They can curate all sorts of different controller things for this, and they just kind of never did that action.
Speaker 2: Yeah, third party, they'd party stepped in. I'm hoping for the same thing here. If I get good real dpad on the switch to you, I'll take it define With this I'm doing, I'm doing all right with it, but it's it's much better with the real deepad the pro controller for the switch to really good way to Plat's a g.
Speaker 3: I I assume is performance great on switched to, because like anyone even mention it, so I assume it's not.
Speaker 1: I think it's good on switch one.
Speaker 3: Should I guess it shouldn't be surprising, but you know, you'll be surprised.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we had rage bound like not on recently, right, So it's yeah, that was a little I wonder tech support from Randy picture.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna get on my Twitter real quick.
Speaker 4: He knows what's talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're already in the you already got the hoodie rock in there, that looks nice, that looks comfy. I gotta go hoodie shopping. Although we kind of had a we always have summer creep back in a bit, I got a little warm les, I got warm again. It's yeah that yeah, that was unfortunate, but you know, I'm ready for the fall. Having all the games is really like setting me up for that, like that mood of like it's nice and chili, let's open a window, get.
Speaker 2: A nice breeze in here and play some games. Uh and yeah, but for me, it really has been almost exclusively silk Song and the hand page was is like real, it's not as bad as when I played like eighty hours of Dead Cells in a week. I'm trying to space out a little bit more than that.
Speaker 1: But it's very close to that. Here's what I hate. Since you guys started bringing this up, I am noticing that my thumber is it's at my head again.
Speaker 3: I'm literally right now gripping a shock d ball. This is a like cubrid. It's like spikes, the brass ball with spikes on it. I've just been rolling it around just to try to.
Speaker 2: Like kee, okay, get some strength exercises over here.
Speaker 1: Here we go. That have an important fall question for you, Jeff Grubb. Yeah, have you been able to save the giant Jack Skellington yet? Uh?
Speaker 2: That is part of what I'm going to be doing this this weekend. I might actually have a big bucket truck sort of thing delivered. I was gonna put up some lights and I was going to actually use that to make sure that I could really secure the Jack Skellington this year. I've not really taken a look. It will require surgery. The legs broke everybody. I kind of like bent over.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, and that thing's expensive and we only had it for one year. Took him out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, he like fell over at the very end of the season, so it was up the whole time.
Speaker 1: It was just fine.
Speaker 2: And then of course, like the day I was going to take him down, basically it broke.
Speaker 1: It sucked. Why don't you this idea is maybe a bit unhitched. But if his his legs broke, can't you have him just in an kneeling position now may put his arms together.
Speaker 2: He's come up with something creative. Yeah, maybe maybe he's coming out of the ground or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, appreciate this.
Speaker 3: A guy a few houses down for me. He's the guy who does all of the like visual stuff and theming for Valley Fair, which is the like big amusement park here. So like his fucking house every holiday is in sands. Like he's a professional. He like decorates amusement perks for a living, so like if it's like no holiday, he's like a giant like bronze statues of his dogs and like a working waterfall. He's got Milton clocks all over like the outside of his house. Now he's got just giant like six foot tall pumpkins and shit everywhere. It's like all like top of the line stuff looks.
Speaker 1: I love these people. It can't be me too lazy, but I love that other people are doing this kind of ridiculousness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm glad I get to look at it. I'm not going to do it myself.
Speaker 1: Speaking of theming, did you see Okay, I'm bringing up Disney this time because it's pretty interesting. One of the restaurants in their shopping area, which is by the water. The restaurant is made to like an old like steam wheel boat or whatever. Right. Uh, somebody swim through, like in scoop a gear the boat after midnight and robbed them, like swam away with the money and I think maybe getting away with it. He like sprayed all the security cameras and stuff. He's wearing scuba gear a lot. Some people don't really know what he's looking with.
Speaker 4: It was like a lot of money too, wasn't It was tenth over twenty k or something so.
Speaker 2: Like so like cash in the register for the rest keep spent at the restaurant we're talking.
Speaker 1: About, because I think it was like midnights. I think they're counting up again how much cash could they have one hand at a restaurant? These days. I guess twenty thousand dollars worth. Still, yeah, this is Paddlefish. Uh. That restaurant's been there forever. When I was a kid, was the Empress lit And I remember it because they used to do character meals there and Chris was a baby and he put Donald Duck in the eye. That Donald Duck guy had to pretend like it hurt, you know, that kind of thing. But yeah, there's a scupa gear bandit in Disney World right now. Nothing is safe anymore, nothing is sacred. That's uh, that rules. Actually, I'm a huge fan of this. Keep it, keep it up. Yeah, I do feel bad for like the poor people who worked at this restaurant. You got stuck up like that was scary? I bet, yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But otherwise you know the money, Mike, if.
Speaker 2: You're gonna if you were to gonna get stuck up anywhere, where would you want to get stuck up? I guess actually probably not Disney because that would ruin it for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that might be weird. Beveries. The place opened the next day. Do you think you think that was a little cord Like what what do you think they were talking about?
Speaker 2: I mean, you like you like you're saying they had they just opened as normal the next day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like continue service you do. I guess what are you gonna do? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's money.
Speaker 2: You gotta make my money, make the money back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get the work. I wonder if like it's like Disney, like, are they all huddled up right now, like we can't let him get away with this. There's gonna be copycat criminals, just gonna be just a sea of scupid divers like trating their restaurants. They'll just be like, well we found him.
Speaker 2: That will be like a a mannequin in the river or whatever, and they'll be like, oh, we got him.
Speaker 1: Don't look too closely. They'll just take it.
Speaker 3: The thing where he's gonna hat that's got like a duck on top of it.
Speaker 1: Donal. It's like he's surprised it worked, because I mean, the idea seems ludicrous if you said it out loud.
Speaker 3: I think to do something like that, you have to have a certain amount of confidence.
Speaker 1: So I think I thought it was gonna work. You know, can't be me, can't be me. I neither can tell. That's what he would say if it was you. I think, look, I'm here. I don't know if you know this. It's a bit of a trek to get the well Disney World.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, he either hyper loop elon Musting that takes him from Ohio straight to Orlando.
Speaker 1: Oh, we can't. They're water tables too high there though. It can't be an underground thing, be a big problem. It's all just they don't have basements in Florida. In most parts of Florida.
Speaker 3: Do you know that, Dan, because the sense New Orleans is like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's very New Orleans coded. That's what they're always saying about Florida.
Speaker 3: Very New Orleans a lot more than Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they have a New Orleans in Disney World. I'm gonna stay at the New Orleans. They have a New Orleans themed section in Disney World, and I'm gonna stay at that resort next time I go. I'll send you.
Speaker 3: Pictures, Okay, sure, exactly like New Orleans.
Speaker 1: It'll be great. My girlfriend's from New Orleans now, so I'll ask her, I don't you you're just from goddamn tourist over here, casting your suspicions and doubted accusations. I would bring a native. You're gonna tell me what's actually up?
Speaker 4: You one million percent just pulled the My girlfriend who goes to a different school is so cool.
Speaker 1: So that work. New Orleans girlfriends, the new Canadian girlfriend. The Canadians still are mad at me. No Canadian would date you, not after what you did. I'm blacklisted from that. I don't think I can cross the border. It's too bad. We used to go to Toronto for vacations when I was a kid. It was very nice there.
Speaker 2: It's a dumb question, but I don't remember needing one when I was younger. You need a passport to go to Canada? No, right, yes, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: And I was a kid, It certainly wasn't like I did have a passport as a child when we were crossing the border by Niagara Falls wherever.
Speaker 2: That was, right, Yeah, even like it's like a young adult like I did, went over to Canada a couple times. Okay, So that means when that passport I found that it's so out of date that I can't just renew it. I'm gonna have to get a new one, all right, Cool, that's fine.
Speaker 1: I mean I should probably just do that immediately. Anyways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I'm thinking about it for sure, but it's like still a.
Speaker 1: Pain in the ass. Yeah, I think mine's probably gonna expire. I do have to look at that past passports. Passports are interesting. I'm always a little impressed when the world does come together and agree on like one thing. It's like, all right, this is the system, and we're all going to abide by this every right. You could tell it happened a long time ago, because otherwise it.
Speaker 2: Never would have happened right today, Right, this is the world. This is George Soros coming to get our passports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anybody else has been up to anything interesting?
Speaker 3: Just so many games, so many video games.
Speaker 1: Do you want to just talk about them? Do you want to just talk about the video games? Let's just talk about the video games, all right? Oh, there is music, fantastic rats up video games.
Speaker 4: Just like Jan.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Jan, Jan, Jan likes to save a big game for the end, right, But not me. I'm in charge. We're going to start with the big one. I'm going to and I don't want to be grosser. I don't want to do any ephanisms, but I'm going to blow my load right now. And speaking of sticky white fluids, Jeff draw.
Speaker 2: No, let's go down.
Speaker 3: Let's go down that thread with Silk Song here, because I tell you what, there's something I've noticed here. With Silk Song. I will get to a boss that is like difficult and a like wo Trobio or something like that the guy, and so I'll just be like, man, I'm having trouble with this one. But I you know, I've heard people bring up savage beast fly, I've heard people bring up the other words. No one said anything with Trobio, and so several times now I have searched for the name of a boss just on Blue Sky to see like, oh are other people complaining, and without fail type in the name of a character from Silk Song and the Blue Sky and it's just here's them with a.
Speaker 5: Giant cock, search the word I've worn Blue Sky and then just go by latest.
Speaker 3: It is just nothing to say. Whatever you're into, but I am shocked at you will have to scroll far.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I'm scrolling. Okay, Well that's one Paine, that's two pages. That's three pages that penis.
Speaker 3: Did you have settings for adult content or like, do you have to click a thing on it?
Speaker 2: I've never I've never touched anything on.
Speaker 3: There's there's a lot there, there's no let me see if it's just my bluesky.
Speaker 1: Let's he protests too much?
Speaker 4: This entire might to be clear, we are talking about hollow Night here, because I thought you were going to swerve into a different game. That would have been a really funny bit.
Speaker 3: But iskay, grub, Are you on Latest?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Let me that's the thing filters some things out.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm on Latest. Let's go here. Okay, this is like I'm down half the page so far. It hasn't refreshed. They okay, just refresh for the first time. No, penis is dan really, I tell.
Speaker 1: You if they were.
Speaker 3: There are things that take a old content.
Speaker 1: Okay, I did that was trovia.
Speaker 2: Let me do horn it.
Speaker 3: Try horn it because I see some stuff. Horn You're not gonna get far. It's just like there, here's like a big boob one Latest. Here's a big butt thing.
Speaker 2: All right, there's a girl human hornet.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not getting any of this. I'm sorry, I'm not.
Speaker 3: That is fascinating to me.
Speaker 1: Some hips. Okay, there's a lot of silk song porn, but there's also a lot of soak Song gameplay, and we should talk about that instead. Jeff, you have been playing Silk Song. Dan, you've been playing Solk Song. I've been playing this son a ton of soak Song. It really is a hard to put down video game. Right now, I'm very deep into Uh now that sounds gooss too. I'm very far. You can just talk about the game. Let's see.
Speaker 3: Okay, where are we at. I'm at like thirty eight hours in.
Speaker 2: I'm checking my hours right now, give me a second.
Speaker 1: Okay, thirty eight I beat the game.
Speaker 3: I saw the first credits, and now I'm just like I've done like every town quest. I'm kind of like, which again, if you're sensitive to like spoiler stuff, you know, beat you know, tread lightly here because we're going to talk about the game.
Speaker 1: I'm thirty two hours.
Speaker 2: In and I've been spending a ton of time doing all kinds of stuff, like most of I've done most of the town quests before, right, just because I was having fun doing that stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I posted last night my game completion and yeah, I was at thirty one hours forty three minutes when I beat the character you're on right now, So, Greb, I feel like we were like at the exact same pace, and now I spent like another six hours or so just kind of mopping up everything getting ready for Act three. Yeah, there's a lot lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I when I got that first ending, it was twenty hours in for me, and I've spent another ten. So I'm like at thirty right now, and I basically kind of at the end of that stuff. Even because I have done most of the town quests, I've gotten the fleas to their last location and that kind of stuff, got all sorts of pickups. I think I have max health now. I have a ton of extra.
Speaker 2: Silk upgrade my health once is that, Like I'll tell you what. The first one took me forever to do. A lot of it's in that too, Jeff, don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 2: I'm at the end of back too, Like, yeah, you're having eight masks your health and I've gotten like three sword or needle upgrades.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I mean I got like three additional mass the entire times. I think there's only twelve of them. I think I that's my I have twelve of them. If there's somehow for extra one signing round for another pip, I'd be surprised, but maybe there is. I don't know, So I have three extra health. Now this game is so freaking good. I just love everything about the way it feels. I love this world and how kind of weird and serious it takes itself. The boss design is absolutely incredible. Sean is now a piece of banana bread. That's the subtle way of saying he's going piss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'd see, I see.
Speaker 1: We just put him on blast instead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mike, I'm I'm with you. Like I started this and like, you know, I had the turnaround where it's like I hated Holi Night the original one. Then I played through it all and I gained a respect for it, Like it didn't become like one of my favorite games of all time. But I was like, I understand why people like this a lot. But Silksong, now, the way I feel about it is the way I feel people were talking about the first one and being like this is one of the best games of all time, Like I am fully obsessed with this. Like for me, it's a difference between like the First Metroid and Super Metroid to me, you know, okay, First Metroid obviously good game did a lot of things great, but Super Metroid is an absolute all timer. And so I went from going in with like I didn't really like pay too much attention to the hype, you know, like I realized it was a meme. It came up all the time and stuff like that, but I never really thought much about it or got myself too hyped up for it. And I started it up and I was like, Okay, I wonder like, there's no way it's gonna like, you know, the hype is a very specific thing with this one. It was almost this meme of how long it took and everything, like I'm sure it's gonna be a good game. I'm sure it's gonna be like a eighty five something like that. And then the more and more I played it, including right now, like I've beaten the game and I think I'm more into it right now than I think I ever have been, and like it's helped out a ton by Like at this point, once you're deep in the game, the mobility stuff you have, it is just so fun to just zip around the map. It's like it reminds you of like at the end of Bloodstains, another one of my favorite Metroid manias. You just have the most insane moment you can basically fly around the entire map and I'm just doing fetch quests. But it's fun just because like the moment to moment is so great. That's where I am with this, And so, like you know, there are things where it's like you get to Hunter's March or the Bio place or whatever early on when you don't have a lot of mobility, and it's almost more frustrating than it is fun. And I do understand a lot of the pushback and the difficulty because of that. But then like you get over that hump, and when you get more options, you get more tools, you get more things that like boss fighting out. It's still hard. There's hard platform and there's hard boss fights, but you just have so many different ways you can approach it that I think you definitely get over that difficulty hump at a certain point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like a very like a strong expression of what you were describing. There is the metro advanue, right, you go into a place and it's dangerous, and then you get skills and you also become better at the game because you've been playing it for a long time, you understand what it expects of you, but you also say to yourself, I got the skills or the abilities in the game, so now I can.
Speaker 1: Go back there.
Speaker 2: And really it's both things. You are more skillful and you have the abilities, and now you go back to that place and you are the master now and you can dominate. And that's one of the great things about Metro Advanya is that curve of starting off in and just feeling like everything is so dangerous and then getting to a point where you can kill everything. The thing about Silk Song that makes it so good is it is very dangerous, and then then it's sense of atmosphere, its sense of place, is so extremely good.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: It's so awesome the audio design of like hearing people singing around you and like being like, oh, he's a room over I guess whatever. But even just like the clicking and clacking of the cogs and stuff and the clockwork stuff in that one place, playing with the music, and then as you like follow that path down a little bit further and you get into this other, even more dangerous area and you're like, oh, this is off the beaten path, and I'm just going to kind of keep pushing it here and see seeing how far I can go. There's probably gonna be some goodie at the end. And then you know, you get through there and by the time you're at the very base of this very dangerous place, you're like looking around be like, oh my god, I really should not be here. This is so intimidating, and yet I was able to do it, and I did it because I'm going to get something good here at the end, and it just feels so awesome. That loop is so cool. It's maybe the best it's ever been in one of these games in terms of really figuring out that that going from feeling threatened being the thing that can threaten everything else.
Speaker 1: Silksong just nails that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in so much the discourse I know has been about the difficulty, and I think that's turned a lot of people off, and I understand that, Like I don't think every game should be like this, you know, where it's like, hey, listen, it's gonna be fucking hard. We're not gonna have a lot of options for like making it easier for yourself. But like it is brutal in a way that I think I'm weirdly nostalgic for. You know, it reminds me of like, you know, beating my head against like a Mega man boss over and over again and have to restart the level or whatever. Like I know this doesn't sound fun, but like not many games do with this unapologetically uh and it has. It gives you such high highs and low lows where it's like, oh, you lose a ton of rosaries, or you just did your thirtieth fucking loss on this boss fight and you need to go to bed, but you don't want to. You want to fuck beat this thing for good bet and then when you finally your I'm gonna try it one more time and you beat it, and that you know, just that animation and everything is so just like fuck. Like I Bonc has told me from upstairs that, like Dan, I've been hearing you, like you never yell when you're playing video games, and I am like triumphantly yelling, angry yelling and everything, and it's like it's all great, Like I love it even when I'm angry.
Speaker 1: Yet you know, it's incredible, just like the sense of like happiness and relief that can wash over you when you beat difficult boss and you guys, gone through all of bio water because that was definitely the most difficult part of the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that plays sucks ass. Yeah, that's it's rough.
Speaker 2: I think maybe I have not gone like in completely explored with Oh yeah, no, I know the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the one with the really long run back if you die at the boss thing at the end there, and the boss even has like a gauntlet before you get to the boss. It's like it's the whole thing the game. It's it's the game actually kind of straight up just kind of pointing at you, like, ha, you think you like how hard this game is, and I'm like I still do, actually, even though you're hurting me. It's maybe a problem. I should go talk to somebody. But yeah, that dude part took me hours. And when I got through it and finally saw that boss blow up, boy did I feel good.
Speaker 3: The run back stuff like, yeah, it's annoying, but like I do feel like most of them have at least like Okay, here's a quick way to just kind of like avoid this enemy and jump up this wall and get past this and like you know, it just kind of becomes like muscle memory at a certain point. So yeah, I don't know the runback stuff didn't bother me that much, I think, And also I think just going from like fast travel to fast travel stuff like that kind of annoyed me with the first one was they'd be so spread out and would take forever to get from one to the other. I do feel like with all the belwighs and stuff, this time, I think it's it's less of an issue.
Speaker 1: This time. It's pretty good. I mean, you know there's metro veins that don't have any of that. This game is so big that a course that needs to have a different amount.
Speaker 2: Of those, something like twice the size of Hollow Night one or something like that.
Speaker 1: This map. So yeah, All Night one was a huge game. This game's very smart about how it reveals that map, because Act one is a relatively straightforward progression of this zone into that zone, into that zone. Then Act two is where it really opens up. It kind of feels even more like Hall of Night one did, almost straight away from the beginning. But even what's fascinating is you go through act too, you think you found all the map, and still you find some breakup a wall, and here's just a whole another area, not just the room, a whole nother area. It's incredible how much big.
Speaker 2: Of its West games.
Speaker 3: I love those feelings when it's like you're far enough away from a bench and you've done enough touf, when you have enough rosaries where it's like you do break a wall or something and you kind of poke your head in there and being like, oh, maybe it'll just be like a thing on the floor, and then I leave and you see just like a huge like chamber and it's like, oh, man, I don't know how this should I come back to this later, And then sometimes I don't and I end up regretting it, and it's like, hey, I like that the game punishes me sometimes, like for being an asshole.
Speaker 2: Like I can play this game like a real asshole, just running and gunning and being like I am going to get to the place I want to go so fast and then boo, I run right into a spinning fan or something or some.
Speaker 1: Spikes, and so I'm such a jackass.
Speaker 2: But you know, I going back to the difficulty a little bit, like for the bosses, at least, they are very much just like Mike Tyson punch Out bosses, and uh, you know, I think that for the most part, the majority of them are the simpler Mike Tyson punch out bosses, where it's like, once, once you learn the patterns, it is so clear what you should be doing that you're gonna be fine. It's just a matter of learning the patterns later on. Now I'm getting the ones where it's like, maybe a little bit more frequently, it's about knowing the patterns and execution.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's this.
Speaker 2: This fucker in this tiny this tiny hallway, this thin hallway, and he's one of the big flying guys that shoots the drills.
Speaker 1: And it was that that was fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the green acid stuff, like those flyers like spit the acid like that.
Speaker 1: There's there's a lot of flying enemies in the game. I think that's another point. Now, that's why I think you should be spart with what tool you have, right, And I'm always basically use that sort of arcing harpoon the entire game. I have another tool that adds poisoned damage to it, so it just does more damage. It's just kind of I'm like, okay, this is good because it kind of goes up a bit. So it's good for hitting flying enemies and pierces, so it can hit multiple enemies.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I have that one, Mike, what like, Yeah, where'd you get this tool?
Speaker 1: It's a great question. I got forever ago. Yeah, yeah, I got. I've gotten so many more since then. I don't even know what to do with them.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me how many of those you can carry?
Speaker 1: Uh? Like, because the thing with the tools, I have a maxed out AMO patch. Now I can carry twenty of them. Okay, that's that's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like, uh, the best anti air thing I have are these little flying like red scareb guys.
Speaker 3: Guys, I just got the cock flies this morning, and oh my god, to be right against some bosses, the cock fl the cogflies.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, explains your blue Sky algorithm?
Speaker 2: Let me check?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me check blue Sky real quick twitch Like, oh, I had some moderation settings on, Dan.
Speaker 1: Was right, I might leave those on then protecting us.
Speaker 3: Actually, have you been through the mist?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I so may. I knew what you had to do to kind of find your way through. It's basically the Lost Woods, but those fucking enemies in there. Until I realized, you know, there's a certain tool or attack you can do that just choose them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I just like avoided them. I was just kind of you get through.
Speaker 3: Enough of those rooms and stuff, and it's like they're just gonna grab every time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that sucks. So many like neat neat distinct looking places, right, you know, you have like, of course you have like a snowy place. You have a hot pace. Even the hot place though it's not just a volcano, it's a forge, so that's kind of It's just so many fun little dudes and people you're seeing, or big dudes and people weird little quests. So I'm like, you know, giant creature whose eggs are about the hatch, like, you got to give me some organs or they're gonna eat you instead. Surma, maybe the best character of the year, which one is that? That's the one with the bell And she said, oh yeah, what's just a little maybe maybe.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it's one of the other He's just a horrible little dude, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They're just very ignorant about the dangers they're facing. Right, So they're just like, do doude, this is great, and you're like it's not. It's very dangerous. You're gonna die please be careful. They're like, no, I can't die because I'm a believer. Do do do? I'm like, oh, you ignorant idiot, I love you.
Speaker 3: Did any of you get the free spa?
Speaker 1: Yes, to get the free spot.
Speaker 3: It's a really funny bit like that.
Speaker 1: It was. Yeah, there's again. This game takes itself very seriously for the most part, but it does have some moments of levity, and they're they're not ridiculous or anything.
Speaker 3: Coming in from Twitch here, Marcus says, I checked my Blue Sky settings. Good lord, Dan might have been understating the hornets. I'm not crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh god, this is one case we're actually I can't hope it's sincere. If people are just goofy, I don't know.
Speaker 3: They don't see it because it's it's Blue Sky.
Speaker 4: Blue Sky is the artist platform. You're gonna see everything if you go.
Speaker 1: That's how It's like, we don't have brands at least, right, So yeah, you know, like my.
Speaker 2: Twitter got way weird there at the end, So I probably just has how the stuff turned on and I'm not gonna fuck with it. I'm fine for me.
Speaker 1: Did you guys do the big court currier quests? You have to do cour Oh my god, I did that a couple of nights ago. Courier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the one that you have to do to get the meal the faro take you.
Speaker 1: That's also one of the hardest things I did in the get so for people, there's a kind of a system where you can make deliveries in the game, but you're on a timer. You can't use any of the fast travel if you get hint or you run into a wall, or you fall too far with that like double jumping or doing something to save yourself at the end, it takes off the timer and uh boy, the one you need to do for this kind of important quest, it's a very long route doing.
Speaker 3: Did you clear out the Did you clear it though?
Speaker 1: Did you go? Okay? I can kind of clear out most of the major enemies along the way and that helps out.
Speaker 3: But you bet there are a few that put out of the ground, and there are few like yeah, so if you sit on bench, they responds everything for the most part. But I walked the entire path first, kill everything, and outside of like some of those flies in the water, some of the things that burst out from the ground, you can pretty much just clear that whole path. As long as you don't sit to the bench.
Speaker 2: I was using some of those enemies though, to like jump and get shit higher more quickly, so I didn't. I didn't clear them out.
Speaker 3: It just scared me so much. There's one point where I'm sprinting, like I went into an elevator and it closed the door and brought me.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, God, damn it.
Speaker 2: The Caurier thing was the thing like that was like four tries it was, it is like five minutes. I did die on the third try, right before the end, like right there, I like, I think I ran maybe I ran through that door that There's one time I guess you can.
Speaker 1: Go multiple ways. Did you go to the right or till I left left? I went left right, and I like.
Speaker 2: Twice this thing got me and it didn't kill me both times. But one time it did kill me. I ran through a door and right there is a spinning one of those spinning fans, and I was just I was sprinting. Yeah, but these those courier quests are good for someone like because this is how I'm playing the game all the time. It's just blistering my way through everything like a complete asshole, And this.
Speaker 1: Is like you have to play the game that way. So it worked out well for me when I finally got that one done, like I had an immaculate run was a touch then like the long hallway before the end, suddenly I got hit twice and I'm like, oh my god, I don't think I'm gonna make it. I don't think I'm gonna make it. I'm running down the hall with this dining hall where he is. I got like nothing, I have like six so I'm like, for the love of God, for the love of God, I.
Speaker 2: Barely video of mine. I'll share mine because mine was the same way. It's like barely like maybe a pixel.
Speaker 3: So did you finish that whole like five part quest the Taste of bar looom thingie. I just did that, Yeah, for the pale oil and yeah yeah that helps a lot. Yeah, yeah, good.
Speaker 1: But it's incredible, Just like there are some upgrades that you would expect and are important upgrades, and just getting to them is a lot. Like the first time I beat the game, I didn't have one of them where I was like, oh my gosh, I can't believe I could quote unquote beat the game without this. It's a whole area you have to do, and once you get that, it's such a relief. It's an emotional experience just unlocking it. They know what they're doing. It's neat.
Speaker 3: I like the amount of like mystery stuff where it's like, you know, obviously a billion people are playing this and writing guides and stuff like that, but there's still, like to today, there are still people being like, okay, so I think this is how you get you know, whatever this character is to join you in the forum fight or like, okay, so at three it turns out you don't need to get every flee you actually think. It triggered for me after I did this and this, but like and so people are still trying to figure out exactly what you need to do for certain things.
Speaker 2: There was one of those where, God, this is a question forever ago. So I won't I won't be spoiling any details because I can't remember any any of the details. But I was talking to someone else about it, and they're like, what are you talking about? I picked that thing up. It was right, it was just laying on the ground right there. I'm like, what are you talking about? I'm looking here. I've done everything you said you did it's not here, and I'm like, all right, whatever, I must just not have things set up right, And apparently I had done. I changed the world so that that thing wasn't there anymore, and now was at a shop, and apparently the shopkeeper was just like he picked it up, and now he's selling it to me, And so I had to spend money on it instead, And I was like, I could have got it for free, but because I didn't, I had to like do this whole whole other thing. And to get that, i'd like unlock.
Speaker 1: A quest or whatever, do a whole other quest.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of like interlocking, interchangeable ways these things can work, and that is fascinating me as well.
Speaker 3: I think I saw the opposite of that, because like there's a merchant. Apparently if you go to them early on, I think it's the cracked mask or whatever, which is a really helpful tool. But if you go to the merchant in the first like half of the game, you can buy it for like a bunch of rosaries or whatever. But when I got there, apparently I was far enough in where like the merchant was dead and the mask was just laying on the floor, so I got it for full Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's really new. How the world does evolve like that in some of them, mostly evolving the NPC's and that's another kind of very dark soul zy thing, almost kind of done better here, dark souls. Those games can drive me crazy sometimes with the whole like do this, then this NPC goes there, and then you can do this quest and you just never know any of that unless you follow a guide something. Maybe it's just because of the two D nature and some of the more linear backtracking or the you know, everyone's following the same path to back you just come across these people in these places so much more often, so you can't see these subtle changes. I mean, there's that first town you go, do there's an amazing moment where you know, something very interesting happens there, like, oh, this is happening right now? Okay, just all sorts of fun surprises like that. These are is like my favorite kind of game. I love metro Venas, I just absolutely do. If you ask me what my favorite genre is, I'm probably going to say this. So just having a giant one of these right now live up to the insane amount of hype that it got almost an unfair amount of hype and still be able to deliver. I think it's incredibly impressive, to a.
Speaker 2: Scale that we haven't really seen before. I mean, you know, the thing they has done it was Hollow Night one, and now this is even bigger. And the fact that they can maintain this level of that compelling nature of wanting you to get to go to the next thing despite it being like, man, I've done so much, I can't do I just want the game to be over. It's like, no, is there more to do? I'm ready to go. That's a hard thing to pull off, and they really really do here.
Speaker 3: I think, gun to my head right now. If you ask me to do a mounta row more of Metroid vanias non Binding, I think I'd say Symphony that I super Metroid Silk Song, and then probably either Prince of Persia or Bloodstained, I think. But I really do think this is like one of the best ever. And like, honestly, if you're removing nostalls, I'm not gonna say anything until some time, you know, recency bias and all that, but like, I don't know, it's it's up there, if not surpassing. I think that everything in this genre, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are like small tidbits that like I have where I prefer the way some other games work. Like I definitely am like at this point when I'm playing one of these games that has a lot of focus on combat, I like it when and this is like not a criticism of the game, because this is the game's not trying to be this, but this is just a personal preference. When the enemies can hurt you by touching their body, I want them to hurt you when they do a tax. That's like something that's happened. I think that's Prince of Persia. It's a handful like Dead Cells is like that if they do a tax, and I'm like, that just feels like a combat is like more visceral, more real to me when it's like that here as opposed to this kind of feeling a little bit like yeah, yeah, if you touch them, they're gonna hurt you. But that doesn't mean like they haven't like done the best version of this kind of combat. They have this it's such a fun game to actually use the systems to attack enemies and figure out your tools and which ones you.
Speaker 1: Like and upgrade that stuff. It's all really well done.
Speaker 3: That would typically get me when it's like a boss fight and you get that stagger and they're kind of like down on the ground and you run up and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, I got them.
Speaker 3: You know I'm safe, and it's like, oh wait, I still got to make sure I'm not too close to them, you know, run right into them. Get those moments though, when you're able to just get a bunch of hits in, when it's like you've done a boss fight enough times, or it's just like you know every attack and then you know when they go to phase two, phase three what those attacks are, and you just go in there and sometimes you'll be overconfident and fuck up immediately. But then you'll have those times where it's like a boss that you've died twenty times on and like you don't get hit once, and it's like, right, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you squeeze it out, but sometimes you downloaded the boss so much that is just flawless run and you just know exactly what your windows are. You know you can get one hit in, two hit in. You know, when you could Pug off the enemy. God, I love Poe going off of enemies. Anything that's like ductails. That feels so freaking well good.
Speaker 3: You're one of the freaks that does the old one. You me and grab a part of the New School life.
Speaker 1: Boom boom boom, back and forth and said back and forth. When I'm in a position, I love that. Follow Night one was said, I'm like, oh, I could puggle a really good one. That's why I have not.
Speaker 3: I have not done the original pogo once in this game. I got the crest, I have not even equipped it.
Speaker 1: No, I love the pogging. It's incredible how good the horizontal movement can feel when you once you get the kind of grapple thing and you can grapple and dash and you realize that's basically two dashes. Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the end, like I won't say every single ability, but like every jump you do, it feels like there's like three plus things you can do to extend it vertically, horizontally, you know, slower.
Speaker 1: It's it's great to like.
Speaker 2: Go in a room where it's like, oh yeah, I remember these things I was supposed to use for platforming before and just jumping past the entire room.
Speaker 3: And it's the rules that you died a million times on it's like boom boom, boom boom, and you're bouncing off stuff and there's those rooms with with the gears to go around and you got to like, you know, hit him at different points and then catch up to the gear later.
Speaker 1: And oh yeah, there's not in that.
Speaker 2: In that the cog place, the clockwork place, there's a room over to the right where it's like there are some those spinning spikes that you can you're supposed to bounce off. And it's like, oh, clearly I was supposed to do this later when I at least had like one more movement ability, Like if you have the grapple hook there, you can it makes a lot easier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I raw dog.
Speaker 2: That it was you did.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I can.
Speaker 3: I did it with all my mobility stuff, and I still it was difficult. Like holy shit, it.
Speaker 1: Was a fun thing to do though. It's did a great job. You take your job. I I'm excited to see it through to its very end. I love games all about little guys, little little creatures. You know who else is a little guy rowbo on You've been playing gb Robe, I know Dan check that out a bit ago. This is on the GameCube. Nso app on Nintendo Switch to now, how are you finding GiB Robo?
Speaker 4: I'm finding Chibi Robo not on the Nintendo Switch too.
Speaker 1: I'm playing that.
Speaker 4: I'm not a big old right there the CRT and my sofa in real hardware. This game I have some fond memories of because it was sort of the one of the perennial demo disc games from when I was a kid, you know, like Kmart or whoever had then the machine forever and wherever we would go to a store, I would see like, you know, how quickly can I beat the demo? How far can you get the demo? Whatever it may be. This is the first time I've really just sat down with the game and tried to just play it through. I do think that expectations are definitely allowing me to enjoy it more than Dan did when he was trying it out, because for me, I knew that this game is, like you know, very much a time management game. It's an adventure game more than it is a platform or, which is something that I'm also familiar with playing games like say Persona and RPG's visual novels that kind of thing. A lot of text, a lot of like trying to figure out, Okay, what do I need to do, what's the next puzzle piece to get this person's storyline to continue forward? And so going into expecting that, I've been really enjoying it, especially because I play it in bite sized bursts, like it's it's my morning coffee game, where I'll make a cup, I'll sit stay on my little footstool back there in front of the CRT and just play, you know, a loompsip on my coffee for like fifteen twenty minutes at a time. That's it. That's it for the day. I just go do whatever else, and then the next day I come back, you know, our fifteen twenty minutes at a time. And so I've been playing for a few weeks now, I'm only like, what's six hours in? I think it's what maybe like an eight to ten hour game total if you want to do everything. And so I think doing it in that way has been a lot of fun to just go around the house, do do the little chores, you know, like clean this thing up, talk to this person gary Ward, advance the story, maybe fight enemies which you get later on, and especially once you start getting things like the ladder that allows you to reach the high places. The game really opens up and you can find more activities to do. But it's a cute, little cozy game that I've been really enjoying playing in that way.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna be clear that, like I did enjoy that game, and it wasn't really the more adventure game. Like the thing that kind of turned me off a little bit wasn't so much that like, oh, I thought it was a platform and it's more of an adventure game like those elements. Once I understood that that's the type of game it was, didn't bother me that much. It is honestly just that tech speed stuff. And every time like a cutscene starts and like ah, like just drove me insane.
Speaker 4: It is very much a you thing the way you're reacting to it, I think though, because it's not all text, to be clear, like I think maybe that's how it sounded to people who don't know last time it it. It's one of those smaller Nintendo games from back then where it doesn't have voice acting in the proper sense, as like the animal crossing gibberish presimply because you know it's cheaper do that cheaper, localize and every like that. So they do have a more classic adventure game thing of the text moves across the screen at the speed that the character like is talking or you know, quote unquote talking, and you can't skip it, which I agree with you in not being skippable is the problem because like, especially if you like talk to someone and you just accidentally press A and it starts like a long chance text, I'm like, yeah, all right, that is annoying. I'm like, I'll give you that for sure, but.
Speaker 3: It's it's the longer ones. It's like it was just like oh, every time I saved or whatever, you know, like that's that's fine, or just a few lines of dialogue. It was the thing that broke me was that like fortune teller thing in the basement where it's like I accidentally did it the game and I'm like, ah, how is it feels like it's ten minutes of explaining pick A or B and you got a fifty percent chance that's it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Genuinely yeah, like a solid like minute and a half segment they said up there the accidentally do it again, So yeah, I give you so much.
Speaker 3: I will go like it's you know, obviously right now, there's so many other things game wise to play, but like it's gonna be on my switch. I'm gonna be on a plane at some point, I'm gonna look at an so yeah, what do I want? Pull up? And I'll keep going with that. But it's if you're in the mood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're in the move for song smaller and slower than I think you're the right headspace to appreciate what's doing. But it's definitely yeah, the text is something that I know even people have fixed in like fan patches and stuff, So like, I get it that would be a nice thing to apply if you're playing in Dolphin or whatever you might be doing. But I also think that if you approach it as yeah, it's a slow game in general, then I think it's a fun time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of things that are smaller, Sean, you've also been missing around with the Retroid Pocket Classic.
Speaker 4: Oh I sure have, Mikey. I've been looking forward to talking about this one, so yeah, let me actually have it here and I can hold it up in front of the camera. Get this game boy color looking guy right here for audio listeners. It is very much a mix of like the analog pocket with original game Boy color as I like, you know, battery hump in the back, and then that is also used to have some triggers otherwise, you know, pray standard deep four facebuns. Start select and then the best part is this square o lead screen that's sharp.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and that's an a stall from Sega Saturn.
Speaker 2: I like that guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, have a couple of staring games down here was I fired the Soccer Wars two fan translation up last night because I got busy with so much other stuff. I have a chance to play it, but I am loving this thing. I have not fallen down the annal. They're just that retro gaming handheld hole that grub has been for a long time.
Speaker 2: Laid down here for you, brother, I'm down here with you, and I.
Speaker 4: Know you got into not too long ago, but I was waiting for one that like has just all the right little stuff for me, and this is the one because the price is also right too, only one hundred and twenty dollars ish. I think that's been variable as tariffs and whatnot, but around one hundred and twenty dollars MSRP. And I think for also, I love that's in the EEE Green That's what I had as a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had that one too.
Speaker 4: I think it's just the right balance of everything. It's powerful enough to do. You can do all the way up to PS two in game Cube on this load.
Speaker 1: Really not that you.
Speaker 4: Necessarily want it because you know it doesn't have an analog stick, but like I was trying to Final Fantasy ten on PS two last night, I was running fine, So like, wow, yeah, if you want to play like old school game Boy, game Boy Color Advance, like any s, Super Nys, that kind of stuff, it's great for that. And then also like the RPGs and stuff on the more advanced consoles like PS one two, you can do it. It's awesome. And uh, the screen is what really really sold it for me.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's huge because like, yeah, I've got the ones like you know at first form factor. You know, the analog is great, but also for a cheaper, smaller one with the trim Ui brick, I like a lot, but that screen looks fantastic to do same thing to alter the os like Menui and Moo, all these different ones I've done.
Speaker 4: So this runs android, which is great because then it's very easy to tweak. And I'm also very familiar with Androids, so I knew how I changed some things. Like you know, it has a lock screen by default, kind of like the switch, I guess, but it's like the Android block screen. You can't just press AID to dismiss it. But I just turned the lock screen off because I feel like that just you know, makes more sense for a handheld. And yeah, if you if you check out retro gamecre on YouTube, russ has great videos for setting up Android handhelds and for something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, what what I have is this is emulation station with the art book of theme on it and deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If I go into like a game Boy Advance game as like uh the cover arts and then it starts playing a little video uh with gameplay.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, I really I really enjoy all the all the fans sort of skins on top of the os is for these things.
Speaker 1: I think that's cool and I love that.
Speaker 4: I I don't think it works offline, but at least while I'm connected to Wi Fi, I basically is retroarc for almost everything in here. Any in the uh why I'm not using retro arc when I'm using like some state and alone, it still supports it retro achievements. This is a cool way to get retro achievements in games that I've played a million times. Like my go to wind down at the end of the night game is Pokemon, Pinball, Ruby and Sapphire, And just having something new to do in games like that that I played a million times is really cool. Just I log into my retro achievements account, I turn on a hardcore mode, just get like, you know, the Star or whatever the hell you I haven't checked yet. A littles on extra for nagis in safe states and everything, and that's a cool way to just re experience these retro games. So yeah, I think for most people, this handheldy is like the sweet spot for anything bigger in this, you know, like playing through a full GameCube game or anything newer than that. I have a Steam deck for that and that works.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: We're laying in bed for having something that is perfect for on the go. I'm really really digging this. And they also have some cool other options. Comes in most of the game Boy color colors. There's also Atomic Purple. There's also a six bun version that's like styled after the Sega Saturn can troller, So if you really want to play like Sega games and arcade games and stuff, it's great for that. On top of paying a look fighting game fanatic dpad that I just love. I'm very particular about that stuff because I play pad and fighting games and this is maybe the single best dpad I've ever used.
Speaker 1: So okay, good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like the Vita, but it's matt so your finger slides across it really easily. Just a great handle. I've been having a blast playing that for the most part all week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I like something like in terms of form factor and price and everything that's like that because it's like obviously, you know, steam Deck's great and stuff. For like a long flight or something. Analog Pocket is a really kind of higher end thing that's really great. But like sometimes it's just like, oh, I've got a you know, forty five minute taxi ride or something, I'm not going to bring my steam Deck or something. But it's like I'll put a little like Trimui brick in my podcast. It's like, oh, I'm just gonna mess frund with Warrior Wa or whatever. It's not expensive. If you know you can throw it in a bag and not have to have a case or anything. It's just like, yeah, it just seems lower stakes, but still you know, gives you what you want from that.
Speaker 4: Right in the form factor too, if you're playing, especially if you're playing Game Boy or game Boy Color, it's like perfect for that has designed for that. But also like the big thing for me with the OLED screen is that, especially when you're playing at night, that means that any bezels, any black bars around the game, like if you're playing Game Boy Advance just disappear. You like don't even know seid they're there, because you know the screen is off in those sections. So it's great for playing at any really of those old form factors that even if they're not quite fitting into the square aspect ratio or something like the TRIMII brick you know, is much cheaper. You can get that for like fifty bucks or something nowadays, especially if you get on Ali Express. But that also you know, the screen is worse, like the ergonomics are maybe a little bit worse a speak of ergonoxide. It's on at sea, Like you can get a nice grip, like like a controller grip for this thing. So that's merely criticism is a little hard to get the triggers that you're playing Metroid or something. But I'm just gonna slap a like little red printed fifteen dollar grip on there and then they'll be perfect for what I want to play those games.
Speaker 2: Sean, you uh, you're using this that uses Android?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Do you know if it has an accelerometer in it? Because I played Twisted on my phone on the phone. Wow, it does in there, and that's awesome.
Speaker 4: You can you can use Twisted and uh, Kirby, I don't do.
Speaker 1: You're gonna start that in the garbage where.
Speaker 2: I played Twisted and then I immediately tried Yoshi's topsy Turvy on my phone.
Speaker 1: Like this sucks twisted twisted off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, A good point though with Android though, you know, also just played Android games on here, so it's down the Stardoo Valley and Blatro and stuff like modern Android ports. You'll know that Prince of Persia, uh, like the Crown throwne whatever which McCall it is on Androids Crown. I knew that, like on that device. Yeah, you can play like some modern Android parts on it.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one that once again retroid Pocket Classic if anyone like wants to check it out, obviously, you know, small disclaimer, non ad nothing like that. I just ball with my own money. I just really really like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of Prince of Persia.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 1: That was an easy one. I actually uh checked my my mic.
Speaker 3: Make it clever, though, don't just say speaking of it do a fun thing.
Speaker 1: One in the chamber is really bad about how do that thing looks like half the size of a head? So damn, Jeff. Playing the first one that was a bit rough, So we gotta go with this one. We're gonna go print the Pressure. I think it's that they got for you.
Speaker 3: Jam would have something so good.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sorry, I'm not your Jam trying.
Speaker 3: You'll never be.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: You stay all right, Hey, broke prints the person. I know. I checked this out on Mega Man Monday evening gaming at Mike's at night last night. Of course, I know no one wants to hear this right now. There's a lot don't rate two D action based games. We are already had a surprisingly and Dame rules. Actually, this is fantastic. This game feels so freaking good.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jeff, I just I just don't want you to set the table. How do you feel about Dead Cells again, because you often denigrate it, but I can't tell that you.
Speaker 1: Just trying to make me mad. Yeah, I think Dead Cells is okay.
Speaker 4: That's not good enough, a lot better than okay, podcast things. Dead Cells is okay, I think.
Speaker 1: Look so yeah, so people who worked on like it was not the main Dead Cells team with people.
Speaker 2: Team that took took over support after the main doubt sales team went on to do I can't remember now right, yeah, like or something.
Speaker 1: This game is it has some of that DNA for sure. There's a lot to e act and stuff going on. But the reason why I like it a lot more than Dead Cells is that you also have platforming, which is an important part of the Prince of Persia equation. So you know, you doing air dashes, you're grabbing onto you know, kind of the poles and swinging off of them or grabbing them and going down. The really neat thing is that anytime there's a background, theyre so like a lot of times there will be a wall behind you, so it's a crumbling wall, so it's not always behind you. But if there is a wall behind you, then you can do the wall run on it. You can do that three sixty degrees of movement, so you can wall run up and then you can jump at the end of it, and then you can air dash to the right and grab a pole and jump off of that into another wall and do that. The movement can feel so good and part of the z access.
Speaker 2: When you say three hudred and sixty degrees, you're like, you can like run in a circle on the wall.
Speaker 1: You could move in any direction on that wall, not a.
Speaker 3: Time, certain points, it's forever.
Speaker 1: You get like a little burst. Right, you can run up the wall for a little bit. So what I'm saying is you can run up diagonally, you can run up up, you can go through the right. It's not just persia. Yeah, eight directions. Okay, gotcha, that's what. Well, it's not just eight though, it is. The whole radio thing is. So it's actually it is a you have to play on an analog stick. It's kind of like because yeah, they want you, yeah, using all of those movements. But yeah, this is a roguelike, like the name suggests. So you know you are kind of starting off with uh, you know, you're picking between a couple of weapons again, like dead cells, and there's things like daggers, or you can have a giant axe and it's slower obviously, but going to be more powerful. And there's like you know, the resource you get goal just for that run, and then there's these gems you can use to upgrade your character more permanently. But it really is just that combination of like, Okay, this combat feels really good and smooth. You can vault over enemies what you're doing constantly, right because you know they're doing these slow attacks in front of you, so you hit them twice, you vault over them. You also have this kick, so you can kick an enemy into another enemy and now they're days Kick them into a wall, kick them off of a ledge, kick a pot into them. So that's another factor in all of that. So yeah, you know Lost Crown had incredible combat. This isn't exactly the same thing. There's no juggling or stuff like that. This combat still feels very responsive, very good and has an excellent flow to it. And you know when there's like larger groups of enemies and you are doing things like hitting this guy and wall running up there to attack that guy for a little bit, you're kind of constantly moving while you're attacking. Just a very pretty game. I'm not even sure how to describe the art style. It almost has that roscope quality of the original Prince of Persias, but just much more vibrant, much more colorful, really interesting soundtrack that like, you know, it has a little bit of like that old world sound but very modern. Yeah, this is this isn't this isn't freaking warrior with it clastic. Yeah, but gosh it, it just felt so smooth playing this thing. And again I love that platforming. It's sometimes you would get to challenge rooms where it's just all about the wall running and then you know, like actual walls and then that wall behind you and then you're grabbing on the pull and you're jumping over there. Boss fights are very good, very hades. Like with the boss fights where that's where the time mechanic comes in, is that when you die, he has a magic pendent that just you know, starts it over again. So that's where you get that Prince of Persia time rewind thing happening here. So you see the boss and he does it's like haites. He very much will be like going like, oh it's this guy again. Except now the boss doesn't remember, but you do. But yeah, the bosses are really neat. They have they have mechanics that again really depend on you having to use that wall running Like I thought, this giant behemoth who's sending these shockwaves and some of them were really big. You can't just jump over it. I had to kind of scurry up the wall behind me to get over it. I just I don't know, I was very impressed. I think people knock his game a little bit say that it's not very long for one of these, so maybe it doesn't have the most okay, you beat or run, what do you do now? Things? And I got, you know, a good deal past halfway point just in a few runs of doing that. So maybe it's not the longest one of these, but I would it feels so good.
Speaker 2: You might have like said it, but just clarify, So what are you progressing things outside of your runs to like make.
Speaker 1: It easier or yeah, like there's what's permanent here, so you do actually just level up right like you gets for killing enemies, and every time you level up, you get a point and there's essentially skill trees and you can kind of go that to do things like like you have like outdoxyl style potion, right, and you can carry two of this. Now you can start a run with more health, start a run with gold coins, which is what you use at shops and things like that. You can also go to an armorer and unlock a new weapon that can show up during your runs now or new ambulets are things that kind of like the per run bonuses like now plus ten to your weapon damage or some of them are a bit goofier than that. Right, It's a lot of the typical stuff that you are expecting here. I just think it looks really pretty, it sounds really pretty, and the movement is fantastic.
Speaker 3: I predict that at some point in the next six to eight months there's going to be a down week or two and I'm going to play this game, and I'm going to come onto this podcast and I'm gonna, not as a joke, be like this game is fucking awesome. I can't believe no one's brought this game up on this podcast. That's going to happen, that's fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think Mary was already telling you about it on fire Escape over.
Speaker 3: Mary Bonk, Like, you know, several people have told me about it now, and I'll get to it eventually.
Speaker 1: Yes, And someone chat said like, I'm not as far into it as I thought, even so there might be more to the game still. Yeah, but I really do get the impression a lot of people kind of don't want to hear it. This game is good right now. It was interly access for a bit, so it's out a bit like, oh, they that's a game that already kind of happened. I don't want to think about this now. No, the one point Oh release was very recent and it's it's again. I know there's other things you probably want to play, especially things kind of like this. We had Ninja Guid and we had Shanobi. We've got a Hollow Night right now, so you know they aren't roguelikes, but they're two the action games, and that's what this is. Uh, it's not getting the attention to the other one. But I think it's very nice. I think people should check it out if they like these times plus or at least the second tier of it. Whatever about you mentioned someone some of my chats that was on game pass or in the Giant Blum chat when I was playing it. I'm not sure if that's right. It's on game Pass, so yeah, I mean there's ways to check this out. Gosh, it's interesting how they've been doing good stuff with Prince of Persia. And I'm not sure how sticky it is, but the quality of it has been fantastic. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna try this out at some point. I'll put it on the Steam deck and I'll probably just get it to it after Silk Song at some point.
Speaker 1: You know, what's the first name? I bet does not have any Persian origins or counterparts? Henry speaking of Henry's Jeff Grubb as well, but checking out Henry half Head. Oh I know about this game is that just kids are apparently obsessed with it. Otherwise I don't really know what this is. How are you finding it? Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's definitely a game that kids can get upset with. It's a geist like usual, yeah duh. You play as Henry Halfhead, uh, and you go through the entire life of this little guy. So you start as a baby and you're gonna end when he dies and all the stuff that happens in between, and so it's these vignettes and the gameplay is you take Henry and you slide him across the floor.
Speaker 1: He's the top half of the head, so he just.
Speaker 2: Kind of who knows, who knows what's going on underneath there, honestly, but he's sliding across the floor. Yeah, exactly how his origin story is. Gram Uh. You go, so you're in like your your crib, your room, and you can jump hop out of it, and then you can start sliding around. You find an object, you look at the object with your camera, you press a button, you zoom into the object, and now Henry is that object. So if you become a cran, you can move around as a cran, and then you could hold this sort of like up. Yeah, a cran. That's how we say it in old Michigan.
Speaker 3: Cray used to say crown as a kid, and it's.
Speaker 1: Crayon, right, Yeah, we say kran, yeah, cran like cranberry, Yeah kran. What other people say they say crayon?
Speaker 4: Yeahs that are there in the word intentionally.
Speaker 1: Like on like that company.
Speaker 2: Listen, you guys can be mad about it, but go complain to my entire culture, not to me.
Speaker 6: I complain about every day. Jeff, Well, yeah, but I'm not. I don't know I'm just a representative, all right, moving what happens? Once you're a crane you can draw funny pictures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you get to a point where, like you're at school and you need to do a test, so like it gives you you know, it's one of these untitled Goose Game likes where you have a character you can interact with the world, and here's a list of list of tasks you need to accomplish as that character.
Speaker 1: We've had a few of these.
Speaker 2: It's time flies, yeah, yeah, exactly. Yeah, And there's a handful of other ones that have been like this, but this one does a good job of sort of just like setting the tasks so they're fun, they're interesting. You're gonna go get a test off the desk, bring it back to yourself. Go get like a writing utensil check actual like the correct answer for a math quiz it's like two plus two and stuff like that, and then turn in the paper into the basket on the teacher's desk. It's all stuff kind of like that. Excuse me, but it's uh, it's fun, but it's not like super engaging for adults.
Speaker 1: However, waiting super into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, greb I was kind of waiting for it to like, all right, when's this gonna like kind of like open up a little bit, and when's this narrator gonna shut up? And like I was waiting and it just kind of get going from vignette vignette and the narrator is very like and Henry went to Betty Buy and then he went and he drew for school and it's like every single fucking thing you're doing. Yeah, it was driving me fucking nuts. So like that keeps up the whole time.
Speaker 1: It's that's the game. That's what this game is.
Speaker 3: White kids might like it. I was waiting for something more, you know.
Speaker 2: So Emmy said, Uh, the reason she likes is like you never really get a game that's just about a.
Speaker 1: Whole person's life.
Speaker 2: She loved that it was about starting as a baby, going to school, getting a.
Speaker 1: Job, getting married, the video games. Yeah, past college, I will.
Speaker 2: I'll sit her down in front Benjamin Button this weekend.
Speaker 1: You're right, oversight, I still want to see that. I didn't see. That's all right.
Speaker 2: I think like the kinds of games really just click with kids where it's just about play, it's about like doing come up with an idea and then there's two players, So her and her sister sit down and they just kind of play this thing together and they come up with little stories and tell each other like what's going on, and then eventually they like need help, and I got to go in there and like do stuff for Them'm sorry, lose my voice.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah you got this. I looked up pictures of this game I called the Steam page. This is way more like adorable than I thought. You're half a head skidtering around on the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very cartoon Yeah, very cute.
Speaker 4: Like every level seems to be Maybe it changes later on, but it seems to be like an endless void kind of and there's just the stuff you need to play and cartoon.
Speaker 2: Door and it like will reveal more stuff inside the void, but it's never gonna like it never opens up. That's not happening. This is all about the stuff's right there. You know, you work a job and you have to like put like certainly have to start sorting stuff at a sorting facility. And of course, as you do really think about it, you could, yes, you could be like, well what if I just zooped myself into the thing where everything's coming from and then I could just move it over the thing where it needs to go, and the kids figure that out on their own, and that was really cool.
Speaker 1: So it's it's adorable.
Speaker 2: It's definitely like like the tiny ter Terry's Turbo Yeah, Terry's Turbo Land a Turbo Trip, thank you, where it's like it's a kid The kids can just hop in there and start playing and figure it out, and then there's just a little bit more they might need help with, but for the most part they can just have fun from the word go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seems perfect for kids because it's you know, the void and then only the stuff you need in order to play the game do the gameplay like you mentioned. Yeah, this does seem like it'd be a perfect game for kids to play this.
Speaker 1: This is cool.
Speaker 3: I dig yep chat, says Dan stopped trying to consume media for children and getting mad about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that's a.
Speaker 3: Won't somebody make a video game for a forty one year old man? Fine, somebody, come on, be braving.
Speaker 1: A Scientists just don't think it's possible, Dan yet in the wrong industry, all right, you Goober's we gotta hurry up. There's a couple other games to talk about, speaking of going fast. My god, there it is, uh Sean, Yeah, you've been checking out the Sonic Racing Crossworlds Open Network a test.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this did happen a couple weekends ago, but we had so much to talk about last week. I prioritize our things. But I did want to bring it up since it's kind of a slower week for me in general. Have been mostly playing on the Retroid. But yeah, I want to talk about this a little bit because I think maybe things are things are stirring a little bit. I'm seeing more articles. I think it was kenn O or a Kataku put one out about this too, and uh, hey, guys, what if what if Sega puts out the better KRT Racer this year?
Speaker 2: Did you did you see the ad? Because like the processing.
Speaker 1: It basically makes fun of the open road stuff from Mario Kart World if you want to like race on these super ass tracks, or do you want to go on the open road, So it's like a lame camper or it just like a barren wasteland.
Speaker 4: Jesus does when Nintendo' the t start to a car.
Speaker 1: Ad does, Yeah, Like that's funny, she's to go for it? Why not?
Speaker 4: But yeah, I played I played the network test a couple of weekends ago. I played a lot of its solo. I played it with friends, and it like just feels really good. And it's kind of just Mario Kart eight Deluxe with some of their own like ideas on top. And I think that's kind of what people want out of this genre right now. Just give us like a different game that's still like mechanically very much what eight was already doing. Uh yeah, yet, how did you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how'd you feel about Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, which is the Transformed?
Speaker 4: I liked a lot. Yeah, that's been quite a while. I think this is better from One Flight. Yeah, like, okay, I do like Transform, but telling about Transform felt, I don't know, just a little generic. It's hard to put my finger on what even I do think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was made by.
Speaker 2: Sumo Digital, right, and this is made by Team Sonic Sonics. The Sonic Team's actually work. I guess maybe it's kind of strange.
Speaker 4: And you can also tell because there's some small stuff about like, hey, these characters talk a little bit too much, sometimes.
Speaker 1: Talk a lot, and there's something about the way Sonic characters talk that is so like two thousand Saturday Morning cartoon that I kind of can't stand. Yeah, I don't know if that's too specific. It makes sense. It's kind of something about their chatter is it's it's all cringey.
Speaker 4: Some might say it's a bit like the Bad Animaze a lot of time how I think.
Speaker 3: Media for children.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the feel of racing is very good. They do have like the flying segments and the water segments. Hey, where have we seen that before? They do the kind of interesting thing with the Cross World stuff where every race will be three laps and the second lap whoever is in the lead. Mike talked about this a little bit, but whoever's in the lead gets to pick. You go to one other course, like not even from the Cup, but just a different course entirely for one lap, and they go back to this one. But then you also end the cup with like the greatest hits of the three tracks you just played. It's a bit of an odd layout for a cup, but it's kind of fresh. I think what's really fresh is that there's a currency system where as you do well in races, as you finish well, you get currency, and you know how it's kind of annoying when you're trying to get the best possible score on Grand Prix and like, oh, great, I got second one time because I got blue shelled. Well, you can spend that currency to then retry the race, so you can like stay in the Grand Prix. And granted you'll only yeah, you'll only get some of these bonuses once, so it's like you can only do it so many times in a row. But that way it's a little bit easier to like, Oh, I kind of gut screwed over by their Blueshell equivalent. Let me try that one again. I think that's really cool. They're doing interesting stuff with the multiplayer too, Like during the network test they had, they called it, I keep want to call a splatfest or whatever, but because it was, they advertise it as like a festival thing where you race with different rules. Normally multiplayer is just the racing like single player, but in this different rules one you are on a team. It's twelve characters in a race, and you're on a team of four, and you get bonuses for doing various things, such as if you bump into each other, you'll get a score bonus if you'll sometimes it's like targeting with items or stuff like that. They'll have special rules for you do so. Then based on your placement in Mario Kart, how your team does, you'll get score, and then you'll get the bonus score on top and the goals to get the best score overall. So how well did you race and how well did you adhere to the special rules. I think that's an interesting little twist, and combined that with the fact that, yeah, it is like every Sonic character you could want. They got jokers in there, they got a bunch of Nickelodeon characters, Minecraft, Steve Hatson, a Miku like it's it's looking pretty cool actually, and it does sting a little bit that it's a seventy dollars game in steff of sixty. That's also ten dollars sheep in Mario Kart.
Speaker 1: For what it's worth, it's a steal.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I just think they nailed feeling like a Mario Kart game. They have a lot of interesting stuff that they add on top that makes it feel like their own. I'm curious to see what other people think of it, because I found myself enjoying it a bit more than Mario kartt World, because World wasn't really what I wanted that game to be. And even if the racing is still good in Mario Kart, I do prefer this spark traditional as you know, three laps Grand Prix. That's what the game is, racing game. I had fun with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seventy dollars. That sounds like a premium game for premium gamers. Oh geez, thanks, Just like just like recent release Borderlands four, which we checked out for a while or so on UPF, Dan, I think you've been playing more of it on your own than.
Speaker 3: I'm not really I played. I played a couple hours kind of getting ready for that UPF, and I haven't played it since the UPF, so I guess including that I've done maybe four hours of the game. Said it on UPF. It's definitely better than three which is good, you know, tonally, it's not as obnoxious, I will say, there's just not good. It's in the face of so much stuff I want to play right now. Yeah, and when I playing something that's kind of like, okay, this is like a better version of that older thing than the last time they tried. You know what, it is the best selling.
Speaker 1: Point for me. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if all of us were on every night playing it, that's then it's like, oh, well, I guess I'll go and play border Lands. But when everyone else is playing something else, it's like, this is the game that you want to just like the whole point of like when we say this game is better in Borderlands three, it gets out of its own way in a lot of ways and just lets you hang out with your friends and shoot stuff in a fun way.
Speaker 1: It's really good for that.
Speaker 3: It's the upf I mean, it is just it really hits that that sweet spot of like we're doing things, we're all moving towards this objective. It's very clear what the objective is. There's markers on everything. We don't need to stop and consider anything or think. We just point and shoot and talk and look at our guns and decide which one to equip and then move on to the next thing, rinse and repeat. There's you know, you can do the grapple stuff, the glider stuff, like things that make the mobility more fun. It's definitely like an open world in the way that the like previous ones were not. The maps are better, but like it is still mindless decent action, and I think in the face of so much like really stellar stuff that's out right now, I uh, it's I have not thought about going back to it, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but people people know if Borderlands is for them, right like that, Like, and if this is what you've been waiting for, you do have friends that you know are gonna be on every night. It's delivering all that stuff. I'm with you where it's like, there's no way this is the game I'm picking out of the lineup of just all time bangers that I got before me right now. But hey, if if this is the thing you've been waiting for, it'll do. It'll do the thing it.
Speaker 1: Says it was going to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like we are all super in the trenches playing everything for our jobs and everything. If you're someone who just like has a PlayStation and buys a couple of games a year, and you got the group you played the last few games with and you just have been looking forward to doing that again, you're gonna love us.
Speaker 1: It's it's totally that it happened so long since I play one of these because I didn't check out border Lance three. People are so kind of down on it. It didn't really mess around with Tiny Tina's. So there was a bit of like, oh yeah, I like I liked Borderlands went into a lot. It's kind of a little cozy being back here, and it was fun running around shooting things. There's almost a little bit of like, Okay, there's a couple of new things here. You have that glider, you do have that bike. You can someone ever, but oh my god, could this be a little juicy or somehow because they're like something meteor maybe they could have had it. Maybe they don't need to. Maybe it is just fine that it is one of those hangout games. Although you know, I played Borderlands one and two. They were hangout games, but they were also games I would just play through the campaign very dear.
Speaker 2: Played Atlands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a part of me it's almost can't really imagine me wanting to just play this game by myself a whole time. Maybe maybe it's, you know, a good podcast game, that sort of thing. I just haven't been doing a ton of that.
Speaker 3: I was having some total whiplash and I was playing by myself to get the upf already, because I'd be downstairs playing this and go upstairs, you know, like Bonks playing Hell is Us Upstairs obviously extremely different game. So I'm not like comparing one of the other, but like sitting down and seeing like wow, this game that is like almost no hud and like really it's not gonna hold your hand, not going to give you markers. It's just like you, you discover where you want to go, and then I go downstairs and just like here's four hundred skill trees and forty objective markers. Then here's your map, and here's this Like oh my god. There are just different types of games games out there now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, uh, this is a game that still is very much part of its Xbox three sixty eraw roots for better and for worse.
Speaker 3: Right, it is video game, the video game.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, absolutely, you know. I don't mean to be even sounding be as down on it as I'm probably amsounding. I think it's a good game, and I think it's fun. I wouldn't mind playing more of it. Maybe my brothers will get into it and I'll check it out some more. I will say, like, I don't know if any of those four characters this time around really immediately jumped out to me. I kind of just ended up picking one and being like, yeah, this is okay, I throw axes. That's that's fine. It wasn't like even that first Borderlands. They all seem kind of interesting and unique about trying then like, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's cool where it's like I think, like tonally, I think this has shifted to like a lot of the more obnoxious stuff down, but there's still the parts who they're introducing, the characters, like here's Vex as the siren.
Speaker 1: She's a fucking witch. I don't have them because it's difficult because and I've seen some people say it's I think I even maybe agree. I saw an over correction from three. But like, part of Borderland's thing is that it's supposed to be funny, and boys, it hard to be funny, especially when the backbone of your humor is now out of dating, kind of out of style. So how do you be funny?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Good luck with that. It's not my problem. All right, that's it for the games this week. We'll take a quick bricky break. We come back. Jeff Grubbs got some news. I hope you saw this breaking Nickelodeon collection thing. Grubb we got to talk about the Nickelodeon games. I refuse. Okay, well, that's that's all right. He actually scares me and I can't.
Speaker 3: Jane Wooden cave like that.
Speaker 1: I'm cavn baby. We'll be right back.
Speaker 7: Everybody, rub It's okay, just look at it. Okay, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Well wait, damn, what are you doing here?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Like like existentially or what do you mean?
Speaker 1: No, Dan like here a giant bomb covering games? Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh what I do for a living? Okay, Well, I'm here because of Game Informer.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Way back in nineteen ninety three, I saw a Game and Former magazine and subscribed for the first time, and it has been a huge part of my life ever since, from you know, working the register at Funko Land and selling subscriptions to starting working there full time in two thousand and nine. Game Informer has been there for me the whole time. They mean a ton to me, so it hurt me, just like I know it hurt a lot of you. When the unexpected news came down not too long ago that Game Informer was shutting down. But nay, fair not, I say, that's right. Game Informer is back, and with one hundred percent of the staff that was there when it shut down.
Speaker 7: Now, Danny boy, I see that you're holding a magazine right there. Tell me about how that.
Speaker 1: Page each fields.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, I have held hundreds upon hundreds of Game Informer magazines from nineteen ninety three to today, and this is, without a doubt the best. But I'm feeling this right now. This is this is a smooth cover, This is a thick, nice paper here, the print is just this is this is a wonderful quality print magazine. It makes my heart feel good.
Speaker 2: And I know that Game Informer is a team that I can rely on to say something substantial about games and the people who make them, because GI has a stellar crew of editors. This these are people I love to have on the couch at Giant Bomb at night over at Summer Game Fest. It's people I can always rely to have something interesting to say. That's why I know when they have those excellent cover stories, just like they always did and always will continue to do so, it's going to be some of the best coverage in video games.
Speaker 7: And another fun bonus, Game Informer donates five percent of every subscription purchase directly to Saint Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Speaker 3: You know earlier this year the future seemed very uncertain for both Game Informer and Giant Bomb. That's putting it mildly, and as someone whose life in gaming hobby has been greatly impacted by both of those outlets, I am thrilled that we are both back and doing our thing online, in your podcast, apps and in print in your hand. That is right, gaming news, reviews, everything in between, sent straight to your mailbox every month. To subscribe, go to Game Informer dot com slash subscribe now magazines.
Speaker 1: You guys, ever noticed that ever since Kermit the Frog saying why there's so many songs about rainbows, haven't really been that many rainbow song since then?
Speaker 3: Were there? Back then?
Speaker 1: I think all the big heavy hitters like Somewhere over the Rainbow.
Speaker 3: She's a rainbow, right, Cartman talk about rainbows binding his but Was that the first.
Speaker 1: Episode of South Park? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like, I hate rainbows, they come up your leg and butt your butthole.
Speaker 1: That was Man was the first underparents. Gnomes was later ish.
Speaker 2: Fighting buttholes on the South Park program.
Speaker 1: So I'm talking about your butthole for a moment, and give me the video game news. Geez, my camp but mus are gonna play Oh God, god your your job.
Speaker 2: Butts all right, Mike, just because you've been so nice to me, I'm gonna talk about the splat Pack.
Speaker 1: God. I don't know if he's about the splat Pack. Maybe maybe that's in front of everybody dot com job. I think it already does. Uh.
Speaker 2: Nickelodeon's flat Pack has been announced. Limited Run Games is Released is releasing Nickelodeon splat Pack, a collection of classic Nickelodeon games on Nintendo Switch as well as other platforms. I got this from Nintendo website. The collection includes ah Real Monsters for the Supernintendo and Sega Genesis Guts for the Super Nintendo, and Rocko's My Life, Spunky's Dangerous Day for the Super Nintendo, Nickelodeon Guts based on TV show blah blah blah and tell you all this stuff you probably should have known. If you don't, you don't care it. Pre Orders open on September nineteenth, twenty twenty five, says here on the website. It will begin shipping sometime in July or July twenty fourth, twenty twenty six. That's how Limited ren Games works. It's it's in pre production. According to the website, this comes in various like like variations. You can get the one with the Collector's edition that has a bunch of stuff in it. I guess for one hundred and thirty dollars is that the You.
Speaker 1: Get a piece of the Crag, the astro Crag if you ice.
Speaker 3: I sarved several times here in eBay. I still I don't think they're out there. Also, Nicki Rayson says splat Pack dot Com is nine hundred ninety five dollars.
Speaker 1: But wait, there as a crag.
Speaker 3: There's an active Crag light up last ornament, which I'll take it, but I want the real deal.
Speaker 2: You also get the Okay, so here's everything that's in the Collector's edition, the splat Pack game, VHS slipcover, and VHS tape box.
Speaker 1: So I guess you could put the game inside of it's orange just like all the Nickelodeon VS tapes used to be. Uh huh uh.
Speaker 2: You get a double sided poster rock o shirt lanyard, so I guess it's a lanyard that's modeled after as Sure. Yeah, there it is Agro Crag light up desk, ornament, retro Nickelodeon PVC keychain, a crumb plush with magnetic eyes, the monster that holds up his own eyes from all real monsters.
Speaker 1: That's actually really cool. I like that.
Speaker 2: A lot enamel pin set, six Crazy Caps sticker sheet. There was a Nickelodeon's Flat Pack video game like way back.
Speaker 1: It's Gonnas.
Speaker 4: I say, I was trying I found the old splat Pack so interesting name, but I guess it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a THHQ joint of course, and that had Employee of the Month. I don't know what that is. Nicktoons Basketball, the SpongeBob SquarePants movie game for PC. Jimmy Neutron Versus Jimmy Negatron and Shadow Showdown. So they're going back.
Speaker 1: This is fun.
Speaker 2: I'm you know, I understand what Limited run games is going for a lot of time, and most of time I think they hit the mark. So yeah, pretty.
Speaker 1: Played many of these games back to the day. I don't remember them being good. That Rockos like game was like an annoying sort of Lemmings like where you're basically we're just getting his dog uh to like one place or the other, and like the dog's always moving, so you have to like set up the traps. Make sure he doesn't get hurt, Spunky. That's it. Yeah, that kind of thing. I remember. The Ario Monsters game on Genesis was a game that I begged for for my birthday and then got it. I was so excited, and then I think I played it like once or twice and I was like, it's not very good, very good.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I'm surprised to who owned the rights to Ren and Stimpy because when I think of like that era of Nickelodeon, I think of the Nicktoons, you know, his rever ads. It was Rent and Stimpy, and like there were games for all those.
Speaker 1: You know, they made so many Rent Stimpy games that could almost be its own collection.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I owned them as a huge Rent and Simpy fan. I wanted them to be good, but they were not great.
Speaker 2: This feels like that era right after Rent and Stimpy, right Rocos Modern Life, Well, yeah, a little bit later.
Speaker 1: Rock Rocco was the very first new Nicktoon, so it's it's pretty close with it.
Speaker 3: Was the first three were it was Dug, then Rugrats, then Ren and Simpy. So that was the first three and then you started getting Rocko, Real Monsters, and then later on it was like recess and stuff like that. But yeah, yeah, simply wasn't that first wave of nickdoons.
Speaker 4: So le's the last thing that I see on the Wikipedia page mentioned is like Comedy Central doing something with Ren Stippy. So I was assumed Viacom, MTV that whole thing.
Speaker 3: The MTV or I think it was Spike TV at the time ran a like New Now, but it was like, oh, it's for adult. It's like they fuck now and they say ship.
Speaker 1: You know that's not U. It was that in Striperella I remember as part of the adult cartoons advertised a lot during raw on Spike TV. Imagine that, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these games might be bad, but that's sort of beside the point, and people can get excited about bad things.
Speaker 1: As you might have noticed from our next story here, Virtual Boy is back.
Speaker 2: Virtual Boy is one hundred dollars right there. It's going to be one hundred dollars for the plastic version that has the lenses in it where you slide a switch in and then you start up Nintendo Switch Classics Virtual Boy and you can play Virtual Boy games. If you don't get that, well, you can get the twenty five dollars Labo cardboard.
Speaker 1: Version that also has the lenses in there.
Speaker 2: You slide your switch into that played the Nintendo's Switch Classics Virtual Boy games. If you don't have one of those two things, apparently this is not gonna work.
Speaker 3: How are you gonna how grub? How are you going to fucking play the games?
Speaker 1: Then you're right, I'm speaking. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: The technology is not there if you don't have the cardboard or the plastic.
Speaker 1: Here's why I'm upset about it. I don't think we'll be able to stream anything if we have to keep the switch. If I want, I'm going to find a way. Hang on, are there actually?
Speaker 3: I can't imagine there are any actual connections with these things. I'm sure you just slide the thing in there. It's not like it goes into a plug or USBC or something, right, so like you would be able to it would probably just look all fed up.
Speaker 1: It looked a very long cord.
Speaker 4: I know, because if the switch to textas ducked, it could lock you out of using the app.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I could see them doing that.
Speaker 2: But it's like it's not really I mean, I guess I'm trying to think, like, uh, well, yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean handhld it would be fine because that's the way that this thing works. Is yeah, I know, me and grub are more of the Android guys here. Do you guys remember a Google cardboard from back in the day, Dan and oh yeah.
Speaker 1: We're Yeah, they're pushing that.
Speaker 4: That's what this is. Your phone just has the content on there, you know, two different screens so that way, when the lenses come together, your eyes make it stereoscopic three D. That's what they're doing here.
Speaker 1: You know what, Fuck them.
Speaker 2: We have our own ways of streaming virtual We can.
Speaker 3: Assuming it is just like two of the same image basedly, couldn't you just crop it an obs and just treat it right?
Speaker 1: Deshaun's right.
Speaker 2: And the more I think about it, the more I'm like, yeah, if we try to dock it, it's not gonna let you launch the It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Beautiful.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing you're right. People need to like people like, why are they excited? The virtual boy was bad?
Speaker 3: We know, no, it is just ques. This morning, as I was drinking from my Virtual Boy mug, I was thinking, is this ironic technically helps meuse?
Speaker 2: I was showing back the ironically excited legitimately excited.
Speaker 3: That's how I feel like. I don't think it's ironic. It's ironic. Exciting would be like this thing sucks and we're gonna act like It's like, I genuinely love that this exists. I think this is just hilarious.
Speaker 2: You know, like when The Phantom Menace goes back into theaters, I'm legitimately excited. I think Phantom Menace is a bad movie, but I was legitimately. It's the same thing where it's like, yeah, Virtual Boy objectively lots of things wrong with it.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: There's no difference between good and bad things, just what gets me, like what makes me feel happy and what doesn't.
Speaker 1: This makes me feel happy.
Speaker 4: So there's just genuinely good games on Virtual Boy, no mind you. But like Warrial Land is legitimately a very good game. There's a couple of solid ones too, like the Galactic Pinball or whatever. It's like, that's a solid game.
Speaker 2: And now it feels like retrofugue futurism, where like this is like an alternative timeline technology could have started going down, and of course it didn't and it wouldn't have. But I don't know, there's something fun about it now.
Speaker 1: You know, there's something about Nintendo is always that company that could do anything. Sometimes it's bad things that they do, for sure. Criticism are things there, but you know there are some things like, well they won't do this. Well here they are just releasing the Virtual Boy again, so it just kind of reinforces the they could do anything mentality with Nintendo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if this is too much for you also, like undoubtedly people will put out like you know, the ten dollars on Amazon version of the cardboard and are things so sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm looking at this, it looks like it does not come with any kind of like you know, the controller was like attached the stand and stuff like, it's not going to.
Speaker 4: Be Tooizumi was using joy cons with the grip and the presentation everything.
Speaker 1: That's too bad. I need the two deepads. You kind of can replicate that. What what games used? I guess was that just for like left handed people. No, I think to boxer game. Yeah, did you have a virtual boy? I had a virtual boy. The first person I've ever met that owned a virtual boy.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't think a sad one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was, I mean, we you know, at the time, I didn't think it was bad or I think I thought it was really neat. I thought it was fun. I liked Mario Clash. Yeah, Warrioland was great. We didn't have many games for it. I think it was Tennis which came with it. I think that's Mario Clash and that was first Mario Tennis. Right wow, And he asked whatever, but yeah, okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Well the Virtual Boy was back and that happened in a Nintendo direct to We'll hit some of the big things here. Metroid Prime for Beyond is coming December fourth state, it's out this year, kind of close, but it is coming out this year. They showed off quite a bit more, including a motorcycle segment. You know what, there's a lot of talk about how people are feeling about Metroy Prime. I think a lot of it's going to turn out to be puddle news, where people are just they really want this game to be good, so anything that gives them a little bit of pause is going to be the end of the world. I thought the motorcycle looked pretty sick personally, and I'm reserving judgment on like how does it feel when I play it?
Speaker 1: Until I play it? What do you guys think, Yeah, I just thought it looked really neat. I don't know if it is, you know, something you access at all times. If it's about these kind of larger open areas and just traversing between them, it could be almost the equivalent of the Great Sea and wind Waker, right right, Yeah, it's kind of traversal in these dards areas. And some people don't like the Great Sea. I love the Great Sea. I love that kind of longer form traversal, and I bet they'll do stuff here to make it fun. But yeah, we don't really know what it is, so I'm just gonna wait and see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I assume it's gonna be like Mozelta games, where you have a method to get from one place the other. So it makes a little more sense that you have completely different areas, dungeons, biomes all across the planet, like whatever the case may be, this is I think a more logical way for Samus to get from you know, say, a volcano to an icy area, to a beach or a desert than just oh they're on different floors like right, elevator, Yeah, exactly. It's like it's just I assume it's going to be a fairly fairly linear thing if you want to be. And then maybe yeah, there's a couple of places you can stop along the way, almost like like a halo or something, you know, like when there are v cozy kind of just have stops along the way.
Speaker 1: How open was that gear?
Speaker 2: I didn't play that. Most recent Gears of War game what was it called?
Speaker 3: Like Act two and Act three were like open, Like the one was like this red red desert and the other was like you had like a like a like a thing they had like a parachute thing that like, Yeah, I just played through it a you know, a year or two go with Kayla, and it's like it's fun.
Speaker 4: I like that. I think, yeah, it's probably where it's.
Speaker 2: Something like that. Not extremely open, but just a little something to do between the normal Gears of War gameplay, right, and if you.
Speaker 4: Were to again like mainline it.
Speaker 1: I'm also every time I feel like I see a metric prime four Trumer just like that looks awesome. I can't wake And then yeah, like I see a chat here in other places everyone else he was have anxiety about it. I'm always a little thrown off, like you you think that looks cool? You think that might I mean bad.
Speaker 2: I think a big part of it is not a lot of people have actually played Metroid Prime video games.
Speaker 1: And so I don't.
Speaker 2: So people look at these trailers are like trying to find out why does Jeff Grub bring this up on every single podcast he's on, And it's like, well, I really like Metroid Prime because of these reasons that aren't going to be super obvious in a trailer, and so people look at it and I'm like, this doesn't look like the next great first person shooter, and yeah, it's not trying to be that.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, shitting bridges here. I just kind of want to say it name because Sonic Frontiers looking ass the world, some people see concern with the motorcycle. Yeah, because because the you're in a desert. Yeah, the desert is a desert.
Speaker 4: See the rest of the game. It's I think, yeah, the other half because like what Jeff's saying is totally valid. I think actually the bigger thing is people have open world fatigue and something like Frontier or whatever that yeah, just trying too hard to be an open world. I do get that. I absolutely get that, because not everything it needs to be an open World and bitch. I think when Nintendo has done open world like Bowser's Fury and the Zelda games recently, and I'm kind of Donkey Kong, I think they just do it really well. And so yeah, I just don't really have any worries about this, if nothing else, because it seemed pretty obvious to me that you just get from one point to the r and you're fine. Then you're at the same point and we can move on.
Speaker 2: That's my again, my guess as well. Just looking at it, we didn't see a ton but that I think that's how it's gonna end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure you're just gonna unlock an elevator or fast travel point anyway that you can.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'll be wrong about that, but that's how kind of it makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The couple other big things we should talk about Fire Emblem's Fortunes weaves out in twenty twenty six, whole new fire Umblum game. It is. This is like they're one more thing. It was a big surprise. I thought it looked fantastic.
Speaker 1: I think it was really good.
Speaker 2: I like some Fire Emblem games a lot, some of them are some like some of my favorite games. Like one of my favorite three D S games is Awakening. Yes, if this can match that, then that would be great. I don't know if I was necessarily craving a fire emblem, but seeing this, it's like, no, you know what, that looks awesome.
Speaker 1: I'll play. That's the way of putting it where I M say. I have loved some Firewell games in the past, like Awakening and like Three Houses. You know, if you had asked me, like, what are some like gigs you can't wait to see final show on switch Shoo, Firebom would not have been high on the list.
Speaker 2: I mean even from Intelligent Systems, which they might be partnering with an outside studio on this whatever. But like if it is, if this is Intelligent Systems, which I don't think we know yet, yeah, but there's some stuff from them I would want to see first.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, seeing this, I'm like, okay, yeah, this looks good. I kind of like the direction here. It doesn't seem it's going too far in certain directions like engage it. Maybe that's part of it is that I fell off engage and engauge wasn't what I was liking, and I was a little bit worried about the direction of the series. You know, they're being very clear and tying this more into Three Houses than with Engage, right.
Speaker 3: And because they started kind of lose me with like the three Houses stuff, like did Engage just go further into that? Like, hey, you just talking to people or something.
Speaker 2: The way that you described three Houses is how everyone felt about Engage.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay, because it's it's worse.
Speaker 1: It's worse, okay, worse.
Speaker 4: The problem is and this is one, uh, this is one of those times where I give Mike al the cred in the world. He was the right to be a funny duddy about Engage. That game was aggressively anime in the possible like just there is apparently such a thing as too much color and his Fire Emblem Engaged.
Speaker 2: Right, It's like I think someone told Nintendo anime was working in Fire Emblem and they like didn't know. It's like, yeah, but there's a certain kind of anime that people really respond to and not just like the colorful stuff that you grew up on.
Speaker 1: Whoever's running Nintendo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just steered too hard. And I like seeing that this is a bit of a correction or writing of the ship, because this does feel like an extension of Awakening Bates and even Three Houses where does Yeah, there's you know, flourishes of the animebs that you know, all of us know and love. They're not going too far into the It is almost more reserved on level of persona versus metaphor, where persona is like bright colors and everything, and then metaphor is like no, this one's is the one that's a little more grounded looking. It's a little more traditional fantasy. And I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I know what you're meaning. I didn't mind the Three Houses level of kind of being at your base talking to people, you know that when Engage did that again, and in a worse way, I wouldn't mind if they kind of reath thought what the end between the battle stuff looked like here, it seems like we all kind of got stuck in that because that was the big thing with Awakening was they did such a good job with that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: So because it was like you go to a map screen, you go to a tavern, you buy some stuff, you upgrade, you do a little bit of like oh, these characters are ready to talk, and you know, move the.
Speaker 2: Fight next to each other for the whole last battle, right, yeah together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But it.
Speaker 3: Also like I felt like it was way more of a chore with three houses, where it's like I would do this fun battle and stuff and I'd go back and it's like, all right, I gotta feel like, what was it like a certain amount of points of like social stuff or whatever. I gotta go have a have tea with Sally, and then I gotta go fucking the emperor or whatever and rub a face and jack off or whatever, and I can go fight again. You know, I'm sorry, what what did you say?
Speaker 1: Mike? That one wasn't me. I'm between you guys.
Speaker 2: When it comes to to uh, three houses, where it's like I can feel both ways. I want them to like do something new here though, where it's not just about sure going back to your base and have these big, long time conversations, find some new way to express the idea for or or focus it more on, like what's happening inside the battle if the characters are standing next to each other, do something cool there or new there.
Speaker 1: Right, and like, give me more interesting characters than this. This is the person who likes tea a lot and everything they say is about yeah sentence. Yeah, more than one character trait for each of these people.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, so let's hit some of these other ones that are like just doing one tier down. Donkey Kong Bananza, DK Island, and Emerald Rush DLC is out now. It launched the day of the direct it was twenty dollars, so that means for everything in that game, it is now ninety dollars. I bought I bought this and never touched it.
Speaker 3: I I downloaded it. They have not touched it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just really I know, you guys talked about it.
Speaker 1: What's that? What's that?
Speaker 4: You know you guys talked about it. I was just a little surprised. It seemed like something you guys would dove into right away.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, I saw, yeah, definitely want it right away.
Speaker 3: So I have a short list of my phone of things to get to right now, and that is on. But like Silk Song has taken over, so ye exactly what I probably do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also really like so for people that don't know, this is a rogue like kind of mode. So you go on these time challenge runs and you upgrade stuff and you get like weird upgrades or maybe not weird, but you like, you can get a bunch of more powerful upgrades than maybe you could in the base game and have a new build of Decay and try to get as far as you can. I've not played it, though, so I'm not really sure how that loop's gonna work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm curious.
Speaker 3: I mean, just the core mechanics of the game are so fun that, like, you know, it's like it's a new area, right, is it that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Definitely, it's not very substantial far, like a new level.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm having a hard time getting a read on this because I see some people talk about how much fun it is, and I see a lot of people just a gas that it costs twenty dollars and maybe it's not worth that. I think there's a lot of.
Speaker 2: People who are just like anything Roguelike is, they have no interest whatsoever, and like, that's not even a real video game, so get it out of my face.
Speaker 4: I would go that, but that's why I'm looking like I usually don't like roguelakes, So twenty dollars to share play more DK Bonanza, which I love, but play a mode that I don't like. I'm probably gonna pass, right.
Speaker 2: How much of an excuse. Do you really need not to get DLC For me?
Speaker 1: It's like one little thing exact, and I'm like, I don't need that DLC. I'm good, right, I'm even Breath of the Wild, which you know I love that game. I think it's DLC, know it either? Yeah, whatever I did, I'm good.
Speaker 4: The motorcycles really cool to ride around on. But I'll say that that DLC was not worth it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna do that because you know, I've been playing through well, you know, before all these games came out. I got through three of the Four Divine Beasts and Breadth the Wild, and oh, this would be great. You know, I've got the DLC. This would be a great excuse to finally get that motorcycle and play through this whole run with that. And it's like, no, you have to do all four Divine Beasts before you get that here. Well, so much like, okay, I guess I can go find some more shrines with it or whatever it.
Speaker 4: Was postgame DLC, So I guess that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, all right?
Speaker 2: Super Mario Galaxy and Galaxy two Bundle seventy dollars for both games forty dollars if you want to buy them individually. There's some upgrades here though. It's gonna be on both Switch one and Switch to, but the Switch to version will run in four K, and they are like full screen, like they're doing a sixteen by nine format. They are improving the resolution.
Speaker 1: And the textures.
Speaker 2: It looks like it's more significant upgrade than the Super Mario three D All Stars version of Super Mario Galaxy.
Speaker 3: Wait, did get the Galaxy was sixteen nine? Right on three All Stars?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was Stars.
Speaker 2: Our obvious image quality difference is just side by side that you can very easily see.
Speaker 4: To watch that trailer last night, I didn't think it was that much of it, Joe.
Speaker 2: I mean you can, you can notice it. It's not forty dollars. I think that's the thing we're getting at here is now, Mike, I'm with you. I'm going to buy this thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of the price stuff, like the pricing stuff has come to all up and I get it, especially like the amiebos of the DC. I'm sorry, this is the one like I'm gonna I'm easily going to pay seventy dollars for both of these are forty dollars for just Galaxy too. I know, I know, but that's think it. Yeah, seeming gonna be mouse mode. I thought I saw too, which I don't know. Maybe that so.
Speaker 2: I'll be interested without how that works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, flip Flap says, more like giant suckers got this.
Speaker 2: I like that there was a bunch of Mario stuff because it's Mario a Super Mario Brothers fortieth anniversary, so they can use that as an opportunity to talk about the Super Mario Galaxy movie, which they confirmed is Galaxy themed, coming in April third, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: We knew that. They also confirmed a lot of the cast is.
Speaker 2: Returning, and they showed like a like a teaser, a very very teasery teaser of like the Super Mario Kingdom landscape and then panning up into outer space and that's the Galaxy stuff. And then but then Gusty Garden's Galaxy music started playing and I felt emotions and that was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sounds great, you know, and I can't wait to hear the movie. I know played in the credits for a moment at the end of the last maybe was a teaser that we were going in this direction. But yeah, like we won't hear that song, but you know we're also going to hear so many like classic Rocks or whatever songs that happened to be about space to do that go, that's the Mario Galaxy song.
Speaker 3: Or is that just in that one area?
Speaker 1: It's in that one area. That's one everyone remember the man music is bomp.
Speaker 3: That's what they played in the trailer, this guy remembering music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys like video game music.
Speaker 4: Mike in particular, do you ever get that mixed up with Sky Sanctuary because I always like confuse those two in my head?
Speaker 1: Well, because so yeah, Sky Sanctuar, which is the first level in Galaxy too. In Nope, it's weird because.
Speaker 4: From what the Sonic three Knuckles Sanctuaries.
Speaker 1: On my bad what was that called? Oh, Sky Sanctuary confus but thank you bye? But no, no, that's a good song. I might be my favorite Sonic song, even highle Warrior Station Imprisonment. It's coming November six.
Speaker 2: Dun Kirby air Riders and that's the fifty fucking dollar Amibo Kirby and that's insane.
Speaker 1: That is absolutely wild. A fifty dollars mebo, that's crazy. You're telling me to pay forty dollars for one of the grace gains of all time with some improvements. Look, I could do it fifty dollars for an ambo is, but man, it's just because you could like move the part out of replacement.
Speaker 4: Well, where's the line because they also announced forty dollars Mebo's as well, or you are buying either of the Mario Galaxy ones for forty bucks.
Speaker 1: Probably not. The only amble that I saw that I really really want to have is the same as automotorcycle one I'm getting. I don't know how much that costs better forty dollars. I think it's like thirty.
Speaker 4: It was thirty I think for the smaller ones and forty for the big one. I'm like, this is too damn much for tiny piece of plastic with AFC chip.
Speaker 1: Metroid Primary Mastered costs forty dollars. I'm not gonna.
Speaker 2: Spend the same amount for in a me Bollot was seeing Kirby, it was like Sean video games used to cost fifty dollars?
Speaker 1: Did you know that?
Speaker 2: Did you know that when we were kids? Fifty dollars for a video game? And now that's a Kirby a me, but oh, video.
Speaker 4: Games also used to cost ninety dollars when you were a kid. Turns out what I say for Therow.
Speaker 2: I would never yeah, I never once I think as a kid got a video game that was more than fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh my godless, Sam said bike and he cost forty dollars. It's the same price as Metroid Primary Master.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just small ones are thirty and then Sam, what's ow bike is forty? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did you do the thing where you you always wait for them to go used? I always bought used back much time yess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, okay, I think Santa Claus is going to be getting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's see here I talked about high rewards.
Speaker 1: Kirby Hadies two showed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah for twenty oh I forgot.
Speaker 1: It's out September twenty fifth. That's nine days, nine days to beat Soak song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can do that. I can do that with the pace I'm on, I'll beat it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be good.
Speaker 2: But that's that's the digital version. They also said a physical version will be out on November twelfth, and it is like on console, at least for now, exclusive on Nintendo Switch and switch to High Roll Warriors already said that one Resident Evil Requiem that's confirmed for switch to day and date with the other versions of February twenty seventh. It looked pretty good. They also announced that Seven and Village will get ports on the same day Gold edition ports. I kind of wish they would space those.
Speaker 1: Out, yeah, which it would have been nice to get like seven ready for Halloweens. I could play the Suge too. It's a little weird there nothing about you know, the two, three, and four remakes, which honestly I might like even more than the newer games. So it's good to see this. But yeah, it was weird frequent because they first showed it and it was just like a pitch. I'm like, oh, that does look much worse than it was in motion. I was like, it looks pretty good really for what you could reasonably expect for a switch to game right.
Speaker 2: And honestly, that's that is where like DLSS kind of shines is making those games look right in motion, all right. Pokemon Legends z A Mega Dimensions DLC already announced that I could not parse this in the moment, but Sean like, this is just the expected DLC that always happens with Pokemon games.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, this is them sort of getting ahead of it where they they do DLC expansions for all the mainline games nowadays instead of the third version, and this is them saying, hey, z A, we're treating this like a mainline game. It's awesome, and that you know that post release expansion for thirty bucks or whatever, you'll be able to get a bunch, you know, a bunch of items legendary Pokemon, where the case may be probably get be overpriced for what you get, but that is what it is at this point. The only like weird thing is that they are announcing it before the games even out. I didn't think about it a little bit, and I think it's just because that DLC could be out before the next Pokemon presents and they only announced stuff like this in the major presentations. So interesting. Yeah, I just I'm not surprised if it's just going to be like a January thing or something and they're now seeing now because this they don't know what the next Intelent Directs is going to be, so they're putting it here. But yeah, it's they're also just used as a marketing beat because hey, older people Mega Rychu is here. Don't you want to spend an additional thirty dollars on this game? And they'll absolutely get some people at that.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: Mario Tennis Fever coming out February twelveth, featuring thirty eight characters. This is the one that had Baby Waluigi and Mario in it.
Speaker 3: It's appropriate because Waaluigi made his debut in Mario Tennis sixty four.
Speaker 1: That's true. This looks really good. I mean, yeah, you know, I agree, Yeah, certainly as good as I thought these looked. Since I accept it, we're never going to get like the Mario Tennis Advance single player RPG stuff, this access true mode of some kind. I'm just really in the mood for some kind of tennis game, especially after playing Virtual A Tennis for that Dreamcast stream and having so much fun with that.
Speaker 2: I agree that it looked good, but I am gonna like to tell myself, I'm no longer gonna let myself get excited for the same intromde in these sports games.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think the the Nintendo sports games occupy the same face. I had a Star Fox now where it's like there's that thing where it's they announced one and it's like this has been it's been a while since the Star Fox, but everyone since sixty four I've been excited about and every fucking time it's like, you know, fool me six times, you know, shame on me. But I'm not gonna be fooled to get him a Starbocks or the latest Nintendo's sports games, because they've been very disappointing. This as Sean face, what's going on here?
Speaker 4: I mean, not Omar is good as star Fox sixty four, but they're all good.
Speaker 1: Starbucks is a star fucks defender, and I admire that about him.
Speaker 4: A mistake like the Command was a bad game, but I will defend Assault and Zero.
Speaker 1: I'm I do kind of like Zero and that is a brilliant game, Platinum.
Speaker 3: They're not train wrecks. But I just think compared to S and E s and sixty four, right.
Speaker 1: I know, you're not ever the Star Fox sixty four to two that people wanted for sure, Yeah, I get yeah uh again.
Speaker 2: If Mario Tennis Fever delivers fun multiplayer and online, I'll be happy. But even the recent Mario sports games have messed that up sometimes. So we'll see not the not the not the like uh had had multiplayer stuff but like the online stuff, but to have online tournaments.
Speaker 3: It did the same stuff like the later Soul Calibers did, where it's like, we don't need this unskippable animation every time like an ultra tennis hit or whatever happens. You know, it's fun the first time seeing Walla. We do a little dance and throw a rose up in the air or whatever, but like, wow, yeah, yeah, exactly throw up.
Speaker 4: I do have a small bit of hope for the adventure mode because I did see uh it's very brief in the trailer, but they are running around like the clubhouse from the Game Boy Color and Advanced Games. I'm like, real, like that little more in depth than we think. But also, yeah, let's I'm with you.
Speaker 2: That's what like triggered, Like they're trying to get me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is kind of how I felt. So I'm like, all right, I'm gonna hold off. We'll see.
Speaker 2: All right, let's hit the rest of these Super Mario Wonder Switch to edition plus bella Bell Park meet up that is going to be some multiplayer challenging challenges. They also had a talking flower toy, the flower from that game or stilling a toy of that, apparently Bella Bell Park. The DLC will also have new single player single single player levels, but they focused on the multiplayer stuff in the Cameler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just because like the vibe I was getting from that, it's like this is kind of more multiplayer hang up stuff. I mean, even the the title here right of Bell Bell Park meet up, it doesn't that doesn't scream extra challenge levels, which is kind of what I would want from DLC. Well, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not expecting them to be the challenge levels, the very high difficulty levels that we were hoping for.
Speaker 1: But I'll take more levels. And I really like.
Speaker 2: The multiplayer stuff in Wonder, so it'll be fun.
Speaker 1: I bet it'll be fine.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get that flower thing and figure out how make it work with like a chat g BT, and then I'm going to go get the weirdest like AI Psychosis story there is, and like I just talked to the flower until I lose my mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they said it's not interactable, so it probably doesn't have a microphone.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't we can figure out, we can.
Speaker 3: Change this, we can figure out people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh all right, Pokemon Pocopeia is that I don't want to say that. That's out in twenty Yeah, it's Power World. It's a cozy life sim where a ditto takes over a human body and then confirms a.
Speaker 1: Second slander does not take over a human bite, it becomes the form of a human. Yeah, he did a.
Speaker 3: T one thousand situations. Yes, doesn't have to touch something and then it can resemble it.
Speaker 1: I think it has a it has to know it's just so okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, one thousand has to rub up against you in a bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yoshi and the Mysterious Book, which is a new Yoshi Story sequel, I'm gonna say stories, that's what it looked most like. Yeah, I mean that's Spring twenty twenty six. It looks gorgeous and it looks like the most lacks a daisical game I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like everything that made me not like the original Yoshi story. I think is going to be tripled down on yeah, uh huh, yeah, which would there be really cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think my kids will probably like this one. Although I tried to give them to place some of the more recent ones. They didn't love.
Speaker 3: Those another game for kids. Zoom that it's a problem happening here.
Speaker 2: We should government involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what's one of these the Tendo games for children? Finally their way.
Speaker 2: Final Fantasy seven remake Integrate is out January twenty six or twenty second. I should say, yeah, it looked awesome. It switched to and obviously it's coming to Xbox as well.
Speaker 4: That same day.
Speaker 2: They also confirmed later that all of the Final Fantasy seven trilogy will be on switching Xbox in the future, making it sound very much like that third version will launch everywhere, which I think we're expecting.
Speaker 4: I did not get that from because they did just say they will be on those platforms.
Speaker 2: I'm combining that with what the executives have said at previous investor calls over the last like two or three meetings, where when this stuff comes up, they're like, look, the the goal now is get these games everywhere right away. But you're right, there could still be some reason where that why that doesn't happen. It will be because you know, remake looks very good switch to. I do wonder what Rebirth will look like. That is a much that's a bigger game.
Speaker 1: It's open world and the game that people complained how it looks on a PlayStation five, So that'll be curious.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see here, Dragon Quest seven reimagined. This is real another seven game. It has an incredible look to it. It looks really nice. It is that Toriyama art and three D that's out February fifth. Uh, Monster Hunter Stories three Twisted reflection, you know, real quick? On Dragon Quest seven, they said that they were going to make it pacier. They're going to make it more facier. It's a game that needs to be pacier.
Speaker 1: I played the three D s version, which was more more pacier than the original PlayStation one version. Even then, I think that game is good. It is a slog and that's somebody who is used to j r PG pacing DrAk qust seven is just it's built different and it could probably use a little bit of more peacierness. Now that's also kind of part of like, is that kind of a part of the soup, you know a Dragon West seven is that it is that game. We lose something if we do too much there? Probably not, but I am curious to see exactly what they do with this remake.
Speaker 3: I might try it out if they took some pointers from east a Lacermoso of Dana.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would love to see you play the PlayStation one version of Dragon Quest seven. Try it. He should be more pure, you know, you want to get the original attention of the developers.
Speaker 3: If they make it better. Yeah, if it was Dana, Dana.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yeah, I had to talk to an expert real quick.
Speaker 2: Sorry, guys. Yes, Star to Valley, switch to edition and then Overcoick Overcook two switch to edition, Dog and ropa Dogan rom excuse me, two by two. It's a remake of two, but it has a whole new storyline through it, so people are saying it's kind of like a whole new game. Some ways, sweak a Game Planet, which I'm saying is the Tetriser version of Sweak a Game. And there's a bunch more EA sports FC twenty six football right, yeah, reload Tomadauci Life even intrigued me. It looked so wacky. I thank you Tomodacci Life. That looked really really good, very excited. And that's out early next year. So I think they said spring for that as well.
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 3: I want to because they had they had ways you could like, you know, QR code Share even back then on the thirty s one, where it's like here's a page of all these celebrities. You just scan the three d Us.
Speaker 1: All the Ghostbusters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to get into te leg games media person a bunch of video game characters celebrities, and that's just the joy of that game is just like, Okay, this guy is the newscaster for today, and here's a sean with the weather, and it's just gibberish nonsense, like I want to check in on this game regularly on this website.
Speaker 1: I think I had Reggie.
Speaker 2: And Kevin Butler move in with each other on the ice Crad game.
Speaker 3: So well, but a lot of times so you couldn't even like you couldn't pick it's just like, oh right, weird, like Larry David and Reba McIntyre are dating now, Like okay, yeah right, that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, that was the direct it was.
Speaker 1: It was massive, it was a lot. I liked it.
Speaker 2: It was definitely like if people go back and heard what I said, what I was hoping for, it was exactly what I was hoping for. Metroid so Mario stuff and a twenty twenty six game with.
Speaker 1: The fire emblem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so if they're doing exactly what I want, I kind of have to say, yeah, that's good enough for me. You get it like you ace that one. You guys were all feeling pretty good about the direct though.
Speaker 4: Absolutely Yes, didn't blow me away or anything, but you know, there's a lot of little stuff that I think i'd have to a prey solid direct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, super psight for Metro Prime four. You know, I am very happy that I'm going to get Mario Gaxy too on my switch to It's one of my favorite games. Yeah. The A's that big thing for next year. Yeah, I thought it was good. Yeah, all right, let's hit the rest of this news.
Speaker 2: Nintendo now has a US patent on summoning characters and making them.
Speaker 1: Battle for you.
Speaker 2: Basically, they're patenting Pokemon like somebody in a Pokemon and it's almost certainly this is a way for them to guard against stuff like Powe World in the future or go after them more doggedly. People are mad about this, big mad about it because people remember summoning things in video games for a very long time now. Patents are very specific. Also, it's very likely that this one is going to be proved to be invalid if they ever try to enforce it, because the people would be like be able to show here's something very similar in a game from fifteen years before Nintendo tried to file this patent, or from the game that they're referencing.
Speaker 1: From Dragon Qluss five, the game that inspired Pokemon. Yep, right now, is it not to dissuade basically?
Speaker 3: Is it the patent situation? Is it basically just still like scare people into qurana?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, is tool that the lawyers can use to either go after people who do try to like rub up against being more like Pokemon, like a power World situation, or it has a chilling effect where people are just going to be afraid to make this kind of game because they don't want to anger Nintendo, who loves to litigate. So yeah, it's but people do what kind of are like that. This is where a lot of the Christians coming from. People are afraid of that happening, and like Nintendo should not have the power to scare people off from making certain kinds of games. And they're right, this is not normal behavior for how this industry is operated for years and years, it's like Nintendo. You are on top of the world. Why do you also have to be a patent troll on top of that.
Speaker 1: It's a bad look for the company. Yeah, for sure, this is the pay they care about that.
Speaker 3: I mean, you look at the way they dealt with like emulation and stuff like that, and like maybe I don't think they care about the optics of the legals.
Speaker 1: They do not.
Speaker 4: Now, this is the wrong way to go about what they were doing too, because like Jeff, you might talked about on Game US Moorings, where clearly Power World did some stuff that they should not have and just like be some designs and stuff like that. But it was just like a long train of Nintendo presumably thinking that that wouldn't hold up in court or whatever. So they're doing everything in their power to bury them and everyone else making games similar to it along with them. That just sucks. Man, Come on, if you're going to go after them for copyright infringement, do that, don't like make everyone else suffer.
Speaker 2: This sucks And it's worth pointing outcause I've seen this a bunch like it sounds like this patent would not be able to stop Final Fantasy from having summons and stuff like that. The wording of this patent very much applies to a Pokemon style summoning a character into the same three D space that you're walking around.
Speaker 4: Yes, but that is how Summon's work in the remake trilogy.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, and you're right too.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, it's like Nintendo's not going to go after their partners. This is going to be just for those little companies that come out of nowhere, which is so kind of worse in a lot very well, yes, yep, and Nintendo's probably going to have to answer to this one. I think someone will try to challenge this one and do something about it.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 2: Insomniac's Wolverine is reportedly coming next year, followed by a Venom spinoff. This is a rumor going around from MP first.
Speaker 1: What's the first play place to report this.
Speaker 2: And they think it's going to be at that state of place that is likely going to happen at the end of this month or around the end of this month, which is what I've heard about as well, and I've been asking about Wolverine. It definitely sounds like it's a game they want to get out in twenty twenty six, whether or not they're ready to show something is sort of unrelated to that timing, because it's like, do they have something ready to show? Sounds like they might. We're about due to hear more about Wolverine, right.
Speaker 1: What's next for Insomniac. Yeah, it's been a good while since that first reveal of it, which we're in this kind of this weird pier right now where for so long we did get games announced years and years before they come out, and it seems like we are finally starting to break away from that. So many people don't want to announce their games until it's you know, going to be a year out, maybe two years, especially about Microsoft feeling that since they seem to be canceling most of the games that they announced these days. Yeah, should be time for Wolverine. Last time we heard about was because of that leak. Yep.
Speaker 2: In that leak is where we also got kind of a confirmation that at least at one point Insomniac was working on a Venom game. Then it was like, oh, yeah, well, clearly they've had Venom in Spider Man two. They'll probably just do what they did with Miles Morales and get a follow up out really fast. Based on what they tested out in that original game and that did not manifest. We haven't heard anything about Venom now. It sounds like, yeah, no, Venom is still happening. They just moved things around and instead they're going to try to get Wolverine out first and then Venom.
Speaker 1: Will come later.
Speaker 2: I think at least Wolverine late twenty twenty six sounds about right to me, although who knows what people are going to do when they're still worried that GTA could slip into the holiday.
Speaker 1: I mean, why wouldn't you make that Venom game. Miles Morales is a giant seller. I think Mattlescatowa did a uss the best selling PlayStation games ever. Yeah, like the Spider Mans are on there, so is Miles Morales. You did create this mooseet for Venom that you can, you know, use as a starting off point, a jumping point in here. It's like a good way to do because you know, you can get away with things like using the map again and whatnot, because it's like, yeah, but now you're Venom. That's the big sales pitch here. Absolutely that should happen.
Speaker 2: Fortnite's getting K Pop Demon Hunter crossovers.
Speaker 1: Like apparently, at least this is a report.
Speaker 2: At least this is like the least surprising thing in the world. As soon as that like popped off, it's like, that'll be in Fortnite by the end of the year. It sounds like something. Yeah, it sounds like that'll be exactly what happens. I like K Pop Demon Hunters, So yeah, the kids will be excited about that. Although do I want my kids to get into the Fortnite train, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, it'll happen. I know it'll happen. A lot of are already. You know, they're big into it.
Speaker 2: And then the headline here is what is you do in Randy Randy Pichford of Gearbox is addressing performance complaints about the PC versions of Borderlands for suggesting disprinkled players can get a Steam refund and he's just telling you, like, stop complaining to me and go get your money back. Since the game's launched, Pittford has has made confusing comments about the console fov slider, dismissed server issues, and told players to code your own engine. He's also yeah, right, exactly. He's also called Borderlands for a premium game made for premium gamers. Digital Foundery has noted significant stuttering, especially on badass settings, which is something they put into their video game picture. It continues to tweet offering advice on optimizing the game and advocating for graphic text like DLSS, being like, that's great, we built it for DLSS, which people do not like to hear and don't like, Oh, you're relying on deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they should build your You should build your games for platforms that actually exist. Right. Your target platform should not be barely a thing, right, like your target platform is killed on by pro or the single best graphics card ever. Your target audience is like one percent or something insane like that, what are people doing?
Speaker 3: But then saying, oh, premium game for premium gamers, like it has to you have to be this like top of the line hard. The Borderlands is extremely accessible and a ton of people who games really like Borderlands. Like, I'm just he's one of those guys. I'm just glad exists in this industry, not because it's like, oh, I think he's doing great stuff, just that it's fucking funny. Just every fucking time Battle Born or something comes out or something, he just says some dumb shit, and it's just hilarious to watch it all play out. Yeah, hey, it's it's a Randy games.
Speaker 4: It's really funny that we've gone from Borderlands to getting a mediocre Vito Port to now it's like, oh, a fifty ninety will run this game at seventy fps.
Speaker 1: That's not good, dude, No, that's like, yeah exactly, Like I have a fifty eighty. And the fact that I can't just turn everything on max and have it like run really well, it's crazy, not just because you know, it's not about my thing, but I at a very high end. If I can't do that, then one people expect. He's like, well, if you lower some settings, you'll get better performance. Yeah, no, shit, people don't want to lower the settings just to be able to get a smooth, stable experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And the bigger problem with that is that it's fine if a game does have settings that are hard to achieve.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: You know, Cyberpunk did that for all the issues that game had. It was also like future thinking of like, you know, there are settings in here at the highest high stand that we don't recommend using right now. Avatar did the same thing where the next wave of graphics cards will run this decently and then the one after that will make you look really nice. But it's the fact that it kind of just looks like border Lands and it's running this poorly is the big problem here, right.
Speaker 1: That was not anyone's issue with Borderlands three. People had issues with it wasn't the way it looked, right, Like, how much more graphically advanced does border Lands need to get? Why is border Lands taxing GPUs? I know that they win a bit more open world with this one, fantastic, but people would need to be a little bit smart with stuff, you know. Unreal Engine five is maybe part of it. Couple with some degree here, maybe it's a bit of a scapegoat. Also, I don't know, it's probably part of it, but ye know, something's gotta happen. There's no reason for these games to be this heavy and also not look much better than games from seven years ago. What's going on?
Speaker 4: It's a mix of scoping things out, you know. Tim Sweeney was a little doochey about it when he was talking about a couple of weeks back, but he did have a point of developers do need to like keep things in mind when they're building their game now. Granted, Unreal Engine five should just be easier to build for. It should just do things better, not have stutter constantly on any platform all the time. But at the same time, it is on developers to make sure that they aren't overreaching, like it seems like they did here with Borlands four. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you want some free advice, Randy, don't ever just tell PC gamers that the minimum spec thing was scope for thirty frames per second.
Speaker 1: They hate that.
Speaker 2: They don't a second.
Speaker 3: When does it ever look good when a response to something some criticism is like, well, maybe if I do fifty to sixty tweets about this, it'll be better.
Speaker 1: If I just to them why they're wrong.
Speaker 2: What if I showed you the angry emails I'm getting that won't cause more people to send angry emails. I bet we'll see, We'll see good thanking Randy. Randy is too busy learning the magic's in the arcane art to learn anything lessons about life.
Speaker 1: This is the guy who tried even before we knew it was gonna be eighty dollars. Then they backed off. You just try to defend the possibility of it, and was like surprise that that upset people. So he is just on his own magic world. Uh.
Speaker 2: Mega Mann Star Wars Legacy Collection was also announced as part of the direct, but not here. Only in Japan. Sewn is celebrating. I know Jan was celebrating this. It's coming in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: What what are they, Sean, I'm a big Magnet guy. I'm not like a huge bout Nework person. I dabbled in it Star Force. I was always like, what even is this? Is this Battle Network? It never got good reviews. I never even really considered playing these games. What are they?
Speaker 4: So? Battle Network was a series that had an ending for once, like people can be happy, especially after Mega Man Legends left off on a cliffhanger. It was nice that Bawl Network just finished. The final game was a final game they even leaned into in story ways. So how do you keep things going with a successful series that has an ending?
Speaker 1: You make a follow up?
Speaker 4: And that's what Star Force was, and it's Battle Network, but they changed the perspective. It's a It's weird because you know how the Bawl Network games were on a grid and it's like an action RPG tactical thing. Star Force is behind the Shoulder in three D but still on a grid and still having that game play because they were like, it's the DS, we can do three D now. So these kind of just are more Battle Network games. They even play with like the Overworld the same exact way everything like that you jack in, but because it's the future now, it's a wireless thing that you do over the internet. It was just it was just more Battle Network for the next generation of councils and.
Speaker 1: Not as good.
Speaker 2: That's very excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now as good as the Bowle Network games. So yeah, people like me and Jan who did like those games, goal that we have more visiplayer.
Speaker 1: And my problem with Bad Network was the kind of amount of against Saturday Morning cartoon story stuff. I assume it's still I.
Speaker 4: Don't believe they made that game for children, more games for middle aged white men.
Speaker 1: There's not I'm just saying like, I'm just confirming that I probably won't really get into the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the same problem. Like the dialogue did get better in the games as they went on, but it's still going to be that style, so they might not like it.
Speaker 1: Chance so excited that the game has tiles. I get it now, it all make sense. Yeah, it's a little weird that they couldn't find a moment to bring this up during the US percent although that trailer for the Japans one is weird because it is essentially a bunch of like care sure art and logos flying at you. They don't want to show you the game at all. For some reason.
Speaker 4: They to have done this before though, like the Bell Now collection is now sand direct and just like you want it wasn't a montage I think the cats on spot, but why not like putting the montage or something.
Speaker 1: Didn't it do very well? Ye? Well, I'm sure they know that this won't sell as well as that, but may as well do it, because what's the Thing's so better than I expected? But once they do that, it really is just like, all right, if you're going to do another Magna collection. All you have about this legends you gotta do it.
Speaker 2: At some point, Doe remake of a Mega Man's Soccer, that's what you're going to.
Speaker 1: I want it Battle Chase, Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: And then, as always, we saved the biggest story of the week for last. Acclaim is Back and they had the Acclaim Showcase. Uh, they're an indie publisher. Now I don't want to like rag on them too much for just doing it, but they did buy the name of Claim specifically to sucker a person like me into watching what they did with.
Speaker 1: This show yep, and yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 3: It feels kind of like it was Nordic, like a step up like level of that, where it's like, hey, we're just gonna get the name because people know the name, and obviously the tiers like not just indy, they do a little higher budget stuff, but it's just the name right exactly.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's very similar. Yes, and that's happened a bunch you know. By this At this point, Atari really has been through a million different owners. It has nothing to do with what it like originally was, and they're doing right by that, so it's possible to like figure this stuff out. I just don't off to play these games, and maybe some of these games will win me over, and at that point I'll be like, I have new different feelings about a Claim that have nothing to do with the old Acclaim, But that's fine.
Speaker 4: These games look it's like fine, by the way, but it's because they just kind of publishing rights to existing indie games.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, maybe that's a move.
Speaker 1: It's just so hard to get a test for these things, even if you buy a claim like Kata not Right, which is like the one of the game's shadow drop that day. It's a metro sort of roguelike thing. Eighty six reviews on Steam right now, right, So gosh, it's difficult finding any space for us, especially at this weird moment where we are having Folksong and Haities two in the same month. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: That does it for the news, I almost said, Jans Mike, I'm handing the show back over to you.
Speaker 3: Fantastic.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Jeff. We're well, take one more breakare everybody. We'll come back. We got some emails, we got some super chats. Don't go anywhere. More bombcasts come in your way soon, coming to.
Speaker 3: You live from Giant Bomb.
Speaker 2: It's the Character Issues Podcast.
Speaker 8: The Character Issues Podcast is a podcast where we are making the definitive scientific list of the greatest video game characters of all time. Every episode, I am joined by hosts Leah.
Speaker 2: Hado It's me Hi Hello, Hi, Hell Hello.
Speaker 1: And Rich Davison Hello from across the Pond.
Speaker 8: As we discuss rank and basically give you the definitive guide of who are the greatest video game characters of all time? We currently have over seventy episodes out and I know what you're thinking. I don't want to go back and listen to all of those episodes. So here's a few facts to catch you up on any in joke lore so you can jump in right now.
Speaker 1: We have an unhealthy relationship with the character Valdo from sulkualabab Rich.
Speaker 2: Really hates the Scandinavian.
Speaker 8: The most important spot is the number sixty nine spot.
Speaker 2: Every twenty three episodes we have a rerank of Paloosa.
Speaker 7: The second number one important spot is again not the top spot, it's the bottom spot, which is perennially going to be chat Leaf and Founds and seven remake and Reverse.
Speaker 1: I'm so funny, Like, seriously, guys, you don't even know.
Speaker 8: So if after hearing all of those wonderful facts about our podcast, you're still interested, you can go to any of your podcast services and search for the Character Issues Podcasts.
Speaker 1: And it will be there.
Speaker 8: You can also follow us on Blue Sky at the Character Issues podcast or send us an email at Character Issues Podcasts at gmail dot com. Thank you everybody for listening and thank you Giant Bomb for allowing us to advertise on your wonderful podcast about video games.
Speaker 1: We look forward to talking to all of you soon. Emails. Send your emails to BombCast at giant bomb dot com and we will try our best to read them on the air. I've got a few here that we are going to read through right now. We've got super chats to get to right after that. First off from Chris in Chicago. Hi, I'm getting the sense that you guys are burning out a little on wrestling me too. Are there any other hobbies that you've had to take a break from in the past, maybe something that you were doing out of habit rather than really wanting to do it. Thanks Christophers Cargo. Yeah, I mean definitely, I'm taking a bit of a wrestling break right now. Likewe is kind of just it's almost like no interest at the moment. AHw is pretty good. It's just I have little time to watch weekly shows, so it's it's mostly an I'll watch the pay per views if I'm able to think.
Speaker 3: I watched the pay per views, and then it's like I will the pressing's on. I'll typically have it on in the background, but it's like almost never a like you know, appointment viewing thing anymore, Like I rarely look up from the steam deck honestly, or you know, more frequently i'll have it on like an iPad or something to have like my full focus on the TV game thing. But anyway, yeah, I've dropped off. Well, I guess wrestling in the past, I dropped off from about oh Lado one to maybe like oh seven or eight. But I think that was just because I was afraid girls wouldn't like me if I was into wrestling, so.
Speaker 1: Right, that would be one problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was the main thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I've had too many things. More it's like natural things moving in and out of my orbit of like, oh, I watched this thing and it had this certain subject matter and I got very into that for a while, and then and then it's like, you know, I learned what I could about that moved on. That's happened a bunch, but that just it feels more like natural taking interest in something instead of like making it a whole hobby and then losing that hobby. That's only happened a couple of times, and usually with something like wrestling.
Speaker 4: I think for me, it's been within video games. It'll be without competitive games where a fighting game, a shooter or something like. Overwatches that for a while where I get really into like the ranked mode, and then at a certain point I noticed I'm kind of just tilting every single night I play. I'm like, am I actually having fun here? Or do I just like want the rank? Or do I tell myself how to get better? I'm not actually having fun anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there are like our video games that are hobby onto themselves. You know, I've done a lot of MMOs and multiple times where it's like, all right, got to take a break for especially if I'm doing rating or something like that. Facey fourteen recently was just a game I was playing every day for a very long time until basically halfway through that last expansion where it was finally kind of a bit of burnout. Like, Man, I've been watching these NPC characters talk back and forth with each other now for like four years. I think I need a big break from from all of that. And I'm not sure if I'll get you any of stuff like Harstone Super even when we're recently pokey on TCG Pocket for a while it's like, now every day I'll at least open my packs, right, And then finally it was this thing like at night I was like, oh I didn't open my pack. Yeah, I guess I got to do it. I was like, wait a second, I don't want to do it. So, yeah, you know, it is a thing though with something like that. But once I stop, I stopped. Even you know, Harvestone was like that man, like, you know, I get I kept up with every expansion and I never once felt like, well, I could just go back to that whenever. No I can't.
Speaker 2: It's like Chris Cooper in Adaptation, No, I'm done with fish fu right, all right.
Speaker 3: A quick one from sports is I did grow up watching the Chiefs in the decent amount of the Royals and stuff like that, and it's when I moved to Minnesota the first time, and it's like I used to watch every Chiefs game and then it's like it's like they're not. I think, now, there's probably way to watch every game every season or whatever, regardless of where you are, but it's like I would have to like miss games and stuff like that, and so I just kind of fell off, and I guess I'll start watching Vikings games and it's like I did, and I like rooted for them, but it's like I just moved here, you know, I'm not like Kansas City's my team, you know. So I just kind of fell off and never really came back on it. But I still do have Like there's so many people in our industry either go the sports ball blah blah blah, and like, you know, like no I understand what makes sports fun. I just haven't followed them for a long time, you know.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, Travis and Fargo sent a few here. We're just gonna read one question right now, Hello, hotties, what's the worst Final Boss Slash level or area that was a terrible capstone a crabstone, if you will, on an otherwise enjoyable video game. Boy, that's amazing, as Muger SAWID five is, it's really rough how it sets up this thing with you know, boy Liquid Snake stealing that metal gear and whatnot, and clearly that's supposed to be the end, and they just didn't do that. So instead you just have to play that intro sequence where you're in the hospital and can barely move.
Speaker 3: God, and it's like you to do it again.
Speaker 1: It was, and it was so it was kind of interesting that first time. The second time just a slog and I don't even know. I guess it was like, oh, you have new context for this, isn't it interesting? Mildly? Then you know, you listen to another audio tape, this time from Big Boss because that's most of the story that game is just listening to audio tapes. So yeah, the as amazing as that game is on a mechanical level, story wise, it was a mess.
Speaker 3: I would say rage the first one because you know, not a lot of people loved it. I thought it was a fun, good looking shooter back then. And then the last Boss Fighter is just like you just like get on an elevator like that's it's that's it. Like I thought I was like taking an elevator up to like a big boss fight or something, and it's just like I remember, right, you just like pull a lever or something, and then it's credits, like, oh shit, okay, that sucks.
Speaker 4: Expedition thirty three. He doesn't see in the game. I don't like any way it can play out, And I'm only going.
Speaker 1: To say that I don't finish that's all I'm gonna say they were fascinating. I like the ending, but we'll get we'll get to that song.
Speaker 4: There's a difference between well done and I just don't like it.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a game of the year conversation right there.
Speaker 1: Get Okay, Okay, all right. This one's title PS one Games. It's from Alex from Indianda. Hey, dude, it's just a quickie. I've never heard anyone talk about two of my childhood favorites from the PS one outside of the Eiffel sixty five song, That is Tiny Tank and Omega Booz today. You play those, any thoughts? If so, it cant the suggestion you guys should play through every game mentioned in the Eiffel sixty five song in order to doing what you do. Okay, The only Iffl sixty five song I know is blue w D w D. Yeah, he's there, an sixty five song about me.
Speaker 3: Play station song is what it's called song?
Speaker 2: They just it's it's blue Stinger, blue Stinger, bluest instead of blue abadabada. They just do Blue Stinger the whole time.
Speaker 3: No, no, okay, I've got him here. Okay, these are good, Okay, Tech and three Middle year solid resident of the old Grand Turismo Omega Boost, Bloody Roarer x files all over the world.
Speaker 1: Case Ridge, It's jumping flash mention on there.
Speaker 3: No, the fuck it.
Speaker 1: Tiny always looks fun.
Speaker 3: I never played it, though he was Alex Indiana email min Max Ben Hansen, big tiny tank guy. He loves siny tank. I know he made us play the multiplayer mode on an episode of Replay once.
Speaker 2: All right, don't check out this some mega boost game.
Speaker 1: I think I did not.
Speaker 3: I've seen it, but I never played that.
Speaker 1: Okay. Next up here is from a sad from Saudi Arabia who says, hey, Bombcasts a long time listener and frequent mailer. Here I'll see to yesterday's podcast nine o seven and started thinking about cool intro music cow wrestlers have for the different BombCast crew members. These ones I thought of based on the personality an interest. Jeff Grubb, the dude is basically a walking game and Ssilopedia and always on top of the lace and news. Naturally, his intro music should be the game the Triple A Teams song or name of the game by Crystal Method. For Jeff baklar Man, I love this guy. He always has the best takes on games, and the funny stories. My favorites were his dissing a trip in the story about the son playing Silk Song. Jeff is a gem until something sets him off and he goes off the rails. For him, it's T and T by a c DC Jana Choa Jana is like the glue that holds the bond cast together. He's what Joy is in Inside Out Well Michael langel Is and Tim and t what Gustav is the Xbosion thirty three crew. His team should be Sexy Boy from Seawan Michaels or Sexy and I Know It from Lmfao. I like the LMFAO song for sure.
Speaker 3: I think you should apologize for party rocking personally.
Speaker 1: Come on, you're sorry for party rocking.
Speaker 3: I've never heard him say it.
Speaker 2: Got the black eyed Peas jokes in Naked Gun so good, so it's incredible.
Speaker 1: Dan Ricord says, Dan has the luckiest takes the taste, but there's something always logic behind them that's so health and diet conscious. So a rocky style theme feels right. Either rocky about both them or I of the Tiger. Yeah, I think you would like carts on Fire even more, right, Dan, I think that would.
Speaker 3: Be your Burning Heart. I think Burning Heart's really good. And I did came out to some Pasimania stuff to Burning Hot. Yeah yeah, I like that one.
Speaker 1: Where's the East Versus West? So good? It's really good. Turbo Shawn Shawn is exquisite tastes and fighting in action games with sharp and well constructed analysis. As the fighting guru, he deserves a fighting game inspired theme, either Indestructible from Street Fighting four, which, oh, that's a good song, or Rising Up from Streets of Rage four also good.
Speaker 4: I'll take Indestructible and Destructibles.
Speaker 1: One year, that was I most listened song on my Spotify year end rap up.
Speaker 3: And that was twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally, Dad, I think it was twenty twenty three. And here we go for Mike Vanati is one of the sweetest guys with great taste of games. He's a found Fancy fan, plays Diablo, loves Kingdom, hearts adores Lost Crowns. Is a big Disney guy. What's not to like? He may look tough for the outside, but is all mushy inside. With the nickname bad Boy against Media, his intro should be bad to the Bone or the found Fantasy seven Bombing Mission. So I like either of those. I can go with that. That's all from my side. What other songs was you assigned to the BombCast crew? Best wishes from assad? I do I do think about intro songs. When I could make a character in the old wrestling games, I would always use Christians One song, Uh if you close your Rise your Lost take a truth review. Then the girl was singing it. When he came back, it was a guy singing and it wasn't as good with that version of it, for sure, with the Yeah.
Speaker 2: When I think of intro music, I think of wild Thing for wild Thing from the Cleveland Major League and yeah major League, thank you, Yes, Yeah that's a major League. I like wild think that's a good song to walk on Tom.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the super chats. We've got a few of these here from Martin Hollis. Certain WAE decisions have me questioning continuing watching. Did anything from an attend direct do the same? Playing wise? I mean, you know, some of those prices are getting ridiculous. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna lie and say I'm so outraged that I'm done with Nintendo. It's very far from that for me. I still just like so much of the stuff that they do. And yeah, you know, like the again the Gaxy two thing, Like a lot of people are said at the price point, I really am just like I can't believe I get to play Galaxy too again. Yeah, I'll pay forty bucks and people can hate me for that. I understand just chance.
Speaker 4: Like if I did everything that the Pokemon company put out, I will have been banked up so long ago. So sometimes it's okay, I just say no some stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't I don't blame people for like taking the heat out on Nintendo. They are the ones leading the charge and seeing what they can get away with with prices. So yeah, if you have to direct your ero at him, go for it. Like if they make this choice, they're gonna have to deal with the feedback, So yeah, be mad at him.
Speaker 1: Big Fresh thirty seven says, imagine if you were a kid and you had your first kiss, then that person revealed themselves to be a secret diddo. Won't that be great news? Because it can be anyone. Diddle can be anyone.
Speaker 3: What's the plan your mic?
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm just saying, Diddo can be anyone. Why is it great?
Speaker 3: What would you do with that information?
Speaker 2: Okay, do you have anyone in mind?
Speaker 1: No one. I'm gonna tell you guys about You'll be gracious if I opened myself up and told you who I went Diddo to turn into.
Speaker 2: I think Gilbert from the comic Dilbert.
Speaker 4: I am sparing the lead here. Diddo can be anyone, including you know. I think he just wants to suck the pink slime. Yeah, I just.
Speaker 1: Gross. You guys are vulgar, no wonder, this is a bad podcast. I'm trying my best chance. I'm sorry. I can't. I can't. I can't control these foes. Right, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Do you know what, I'm gonna take this in. I'm gonna search for all right, this is this is key. You have to go by latest.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are just using the word dido. Okay, this is maybe the farthest. Okay, I don't any dido dicks. Longest time he is a word. So that's yeah, So I think that is wow. Yeah, I'm just scrolling. You're safe, fine, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can get some other websites to search that word results. Eric says, if someone's Doug poops in your lawn on you shoulder, you should be able to use that poop in any retaliatory way you'd want stop pooping on my lawn. Damn it. Okay, yes, yes, but I don't know if this is a hot take. I think that if you are holding one of those bags of poop and there is a garbage bind on the curb, I don't care whose it is, I think you should be able to put the dog shit in the garbage bin, in a garbage bin.
Speaker 3: I think about this a lot. And literally yesterday I was walking with Bonk and I was holding the poop bag. She was walking the dogs, and I passed, like, you know, fifty different fucking bins and like, nah, it's not ours. You know, I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 1: I get it, but it's like it's carbage.
Speaker 2: If someone picked the poo out of my yard and put it in my garbage bin, I would be thankful. Now make sure you know which one's the garbage bin, which one's recycling bin.
Speaker 1: That's the only caro, no, out of your ear.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, like, let's say they are just walking and their dog shit down the street or whatever.
Speaker 1: H yeah, if you like, okay, yeah, I'd be fine with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would be too, But I don't want to presume that my neighbor's yeah.
Speaker 1: Exactly, that's you know, that's where I'm at. I'm not gonna zoo. Yeah, yeah, all right. Stepping a dog shit top like top ten worst things. I like, Holy, I had a long day. It was like a stressful day, and I came home. I was just like, I'm so stressed out thinking I'm home. And it was the one day that Penny decided, for the first time ever to take a ship on the door mat right by the door. I just couldn't believe. I was like, I was so, well.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, what's worse though, Okay, shoes stepping in dog shit or socks stepping in a piss puddle.
Speaker 1: The sock thing is rectified faster because the shoes you got to really cleans. Its gross, But you can get in the wash. You can just throw it away real quick. The shoes be scrubbing ship off of them.
Speaker 3: You can throw outside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like fifty sock like, yeah, just toss that away and you're kind of done.
Speaker 2: Sure, we're talking about like your dog pin on the floor and you stepped in it.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, in a socks were like walking around stepping ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, just like because like for me, it's like as I used to be a delivery driver, I used to deliver all the time, like about once every three to six months, I would step in dog shit, and so that's where I was like, that's what I'm thinking the context end. But oh yeah, I guess you guys also maybe occasionally have to deal with this in your homes where they also pee. Okay, no, I've never stepped in pee with my sock on. That sounds awful.
Speaker 3: It's not that, it's just it's disheartening.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, yeah, I would bump. It would probably ruin my hold. To actually step in dog shit ruins my whole day.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you don't want to throw the piss sock in the hamper with all your normal clothes.
Speaker 1: No, in the laund room or just throw it in the wast right away. And my laund room is just downstairs. I will just like throw that ship down the stairs and worry about it later.
Speaker 2: I think you're okay to just throw it out too, if like you don't want to deal with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, still gives me ship for the time I stepped in piss and then was trying to clean my foot and I sprayed a multipurpose cleaner on it, which you know, you got the spray thing and you spray to clean up your counters and stuff like that, and it says multi surface cleaner. That's exactly what that's my foots the surface. And she's like, oh my god, it's cute.
Speaker 1: I like this.
Speaker 2: Send to me there. Like the joke I said, is him saying, that's exactly what I said.
Speaker 1: I looked at her. It's my foot, not a surface. He's got to point this time. You know what, I'll give damn that one. I'll give you that one, buddy. I'm okay with it, all right. Slav Costum says, a truck folde of Worsteressiders sauce and a truck vote of quen Waw crashed in front of the charcuterie shop. When that's my report what happened, A witness said, well, it's kind of hard to say they want have any issues with the way I said any of those words.
Speaker 3: I don't seem fine there you go, Yeah, I mean, like you were.
Speaker 2: Put in a little extra jus on a keen law, but I liked it for just a moment.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh keenwa.
Speaker 2: Yes, It's like just sounded like you're going, well, this is just how he says Keena.
Speaker 3: You said all of those better than you say Chimney.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I love Worcester sauce. I use that stuff all the time, so freaking good. I put it on almost Shire. We could just say Worcestershire if you want to. Definitely one of the words that I just kind of sneezed my way through. It's off famous, difficult word to say, but boy, is that ship good. For the first time I had it, I'm like, oh, this is what makes just check mix taste good. Right, that's basically that favor. Yeah, yeah, it's good stuff. E p Idiot Box says, fuck that raw ditto is now my new catchphrase.
Speaker 4: Also clean read thanks Mike.
Speaker 1: Trevor Wallman says the world falling down a right wing hole has gotten me feeling down lately. But you guys always a blight bl right light in my week. You got you guys are way worse. You guys are contributing negatively to it. You're part of Thank you, Trevor, appreciate that. Uh, and then I'll grud says Sean. Gonna have a field day with the clean reads. That's the job there, you go, all right, well look at that, Look at that. Everybody we did They said it couldn't be done with me hosting, We'd never get through it. It be impossible. But we did it, and we still have a bunch of other fun stuff happy this week. We got Game Mess Mornings popping off every morning, or have Blake Club. I'm going to continue to play Virtual Highline. I got out of the Hydra's lair. I'm gonna fight some other weird bullshit to collect and swing a sword at. Maybe there'll be another twenty minute boss fight where I just had to slowly shoot magic swordes that something over and over again.
Speaker 3: Do you have my game picked out?
Speaker 1: Actually, I guess we should figure that.
Speaker 3: We probably start talking about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I did.
Speaker 2: I sent it because I just I wanted to make sure because I thought you might beat it last week, Mike. So I just went and pulled the trigger. So Dan, you should be getting a package here pretty soon. But yes, I just said I made an executive decision there, Mike can have wed.
Speaker 3: Next time we pick your game labeled appropriately, I'll know not to open it.
Speaker 2: Everything should say Blake Club care of Dan Reicherd. Okay, so it'll lead with Blake Club. That'll be the first words you see on the label.
Speaker 1: Great, great voicemail. Dump Truck is tomorrow with Emily Panic joining us on that one.
Speaker 2: She's great that. One of my favorite things about first starting here was watching Emily Panic and Dan Rekord co exists in the same physical space during the bombiton and hang out, and just seeing her be fascinated by him, because she doesn't seem like the kind of person that gets fascinated by too many people, so it's just it was a good moment.
Speaker 1: It was just fun to watch.
Speaker 3: Ever, we're on the dump tract together once. I remember she was like, yeah, yeah, so get your questions stuff.
Speaker 1: I was also checking out a couple of games, Jeff, believe you and jan are going to check out Lego Voyagers, that new co op Lego game that's going to be happening tomorrow between Gameis Mornings and Blake Club.
Speaker 2: Yep. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: So that's also fun.
Speaker 3: Chat Is asking you said tomorrow for dump traut. That's not right, that's not correct. That's that's Thursday. Excuse me, everybody, I'm sorry. Yes, no normal normal time slap for a voicemail dump truck, but also on Thursday, between the dump truck and game, this morning's a giant bomb.
Speaker 1: Will keep digging. There's a new hole. There's a new whole game out there, new Digging, a whole game apparently, so at least it's.
Speaker 2: Called keep Digging, I think, and we're gonna we're gonna play.
Speaker 1: It all right, at least Dan and Jeff are playing that one. I might be joining as well, so it'd be fun. And then oh yeah Friday you pf. I think right now we're playing is to play some skate I think that's today that that's available. I was just opening up Steam to downloaded.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the you go skate is a thing now, So go out there, all you skate heads?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Anybody also have anything they want to say before we wrap this thing up. You're a real piece of shit.
Speaker 3: Really blew it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a meeting after this. About my perform I think I did a good Yeah, that's Silk Songs transition. Look, I know Mapen crew, but it was pretty good. You have to admit, yeah, I don't remember that. It was the Semen one, the Seaman one. All right, Everyone thinks you get so much tranging out with us on the pombcast. He's been Dan, he's been Jeff, he's been Sean. I'm Mike Man naughty. We love you almost as much as we love the lobster where they have the coldest bruise. Get us out of here.