Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one oh one to one Double JR, Orlando's rock station.
Speaker 2: Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers.
Speaker 1: Are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons.
Speaker 2: One O one one Double JRR.
Speaker 3: All right, Rock News brought to you this morning on JRR by Three Natives, Asai and Juicery. Do you enjoy these snacks I brought for you to enjoy during Rock NEWSCCO.
Speaker 1: I can eat this while we're doing the segment. Look at that Look at that gem right there?
Speaker 2: Thank you, three three Natives.
Speaker 3: You guys rock as we do each week until the voting closes. Fan vote recap for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame consideration of the fourteen nominees. Top five remains pretty much unchanged from last week, although vote counts obviously going up at five. Sound Garden, Cyndi Lapper at four, Billy Idle at three, Bad Company continue to close in on Fish, who are at number one still and have been since voting started. Those Fish fans are rampant some health concerns for several rockers, Judas Priest guitarist Richie Faulkner revealing that he also experienced a stroke. Richie, of course known for recovering from the aortic aneurysm that he suffered while performing it Louder than Life in Kentucky back in twenty twenty one. On stage, he almost checked out, did you playing? And you know? Finished the set and was rushed to the hospital and eventually recovered. A short time later, he revealed that he was home walking his dog and felt not right and went through a whole bunch of stuff there, got to the emergency room and found out that not only had he suffered a stroke, but a series of small strokes, which he's going public with now, saying, you know, I'm now struggling to play hundreds of songs that I know, and he is I want people to know about this, and I don't want to keep it secret. And I hope this makes someone else that might be struggling to think, hey, it's okay, I'll get through this.
Speaker 1: I'm not alone, or somebody else that might be feeling some yeah, some things that could be really really bad. Get to the awful lap my aunt and it sucks. The outcome getting checked out is better than checking out. Yes, Speaking of health concerns, Motley Crue canceling a festival appearance over Vince Neil health issues, their singer not disclosing what exactly is going on, but the crew had been locked into headline one of the Knights of the board Board Rock Rock Festival in Ocean City, Maryland. The band, citing the ongoing health issues of Vince Neil, apologize to the fans into the festival. Alice in Chains will be stepping in to replace Crew in their slot on that lineup again, Vince, whatever's happened and man, hopefully you can get it dealt with and then get back to Yeah. One of my friends was asking me about that this weekend.
Speaker 3: Slayer, who we know, retired years ago, and we're like, that's it, We're done. We're not doing anything else. We know that they've come and done a few shows, and there's a few on the books for this year. Well, a new one has been announced, a Slayer Festival headlined by Slayer Hershey Park, Pennsylvania, Hershey Park Stadium, thirty thousand Seedar Listen to this line, have you better wear your full kevlar protection and body helmets for this deal? Slayer exod this suicidal tendencies Cavalerra that's that's the brothers from Sepultura who are out doing Sepultora tunes together. And also on the bill is Knocked Loose. So that's that's gonna be a night of love. Pre sale tickets went on sale today. I'll tell you this, it's been many years since I've been to Hershey, Pennsylvania. It's a great place to visit. Yeah, and I couldn't think of a better place to see Slayer.
Speaker 1: My brother in law lives right near there, and both him, his wife and the kids all have annual passes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they said it's awesome all the time. They don't get bored of it. I don't know how.
Speaker 3: But Power Trip is also on the line. If that's going to be an amazing show, it is going to be on I for the September twentieth later this year. Again, the pre sales starts today at ten o'clock. If you want to jump in on that action be kind of a cool little road trip to take there. Paul Stanley of Kiss has donned his star child makeup again for a couple of new work Day rock Star commercials. You've seen these in the past. They're rolling out two new ones Billy Idol and Gwen Stefani will also be featured in these two new ads. One is called Carmen the rock Star. The other is good Night rock Stars. If you're watching the Masters this upcoming weekend, they're rolling them out during the Masters coverage.
Speaker 1: Belly Idol was in the last one, and the drummer of Blink Too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're you're not rock stars, right, exactly, same kind of extension of of that theme with workday, so you know, golf fans, you may see that. Uh what else do you got here? Pete Best, who was the original Beatles drummer, is retiring. I didn't know he was still out there doing anything, but apparently he has been performing all these years. His brother says he's stepping back. Dude to quote personal circumstances. Man, talk about somebody who just got screwed. I was the original Beatles drummer. Mm hmm booted. They put some guy named Ringo in there instead.
Speaker 2: Ringo. He probably just sits there.
Speaker 1: It's one of those guys who at home, he's he'll walk through the house muttering Ringo.
Speaker 3: All the best to Pete Best though, on your your retirement. I'm Ringo metallicat teaming up with the American Red Cross to help save lives at some of their upcoming shows. They have blood drives coinciding with this, of course, is tied into their charitable foundation. All Within My Hands, the band urging fans to give blood. It select tour date locations across the US to help ensure hospital patients never have to wait for critical life saving care. The date in Tampa is not listed as one of the blood drive dates, but who knows, maybe that will change. If it does, we'll let you know. And some sad news to report as we wrap up rock news. Clem Burke, he was the drummer for Blondie. Clem lost his battle with cancer over the weekend. He died on Sunday at the age of seventy.
Speaker 1: And on something good like the rock Star commercial. Come on, I know that's all I got.
Speaker 3: Man. Slayer Love Fest at Hershey Park Stadium. Thirty thousand people just holding hands, singing Slayer tunes. Won't that be lovely?
Speaker 2: That's it? You did it? Thank you all right?
Speaker 3: Is jrr