Speaker 1: The West Tigers Podcast is brought to you by the West Tigers Podcast Forum.
Speaker 2: Join the conversation today at West Tigers podcast dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: It's West Tigers Podcast Eddie joined by Nick. And I was gonna say Gary. I'm so used to saying Gary. It's not Gary, it's declar no big orange beard looking at me, wearing the face declan. So thirty six to two of the Panthers, we've had forty eight hours to digest that. Declan. What's your one word?
Speaker 3: My one word recycling Ben, because I think that's the performance that I will try to forget as soon as possible after we're doing recording this podcast. It was just a dull affair. I was in a pub in Melbourne in the corner watching it during the rugby and I think it was only one at the public screaming above the music.
Speaker 4: So it was just terrible.
Speaker 3: But my other one wide would just be just really uninspiring because we just couldn't. I didn't say it, I like well or any sort of mprint. Enter the game and the Panthers dictated pretty much every single facet of the game, barring the first ten minutes.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm being generous but other than that.
Speaker 3: It was complete domination from Penwuth, who are pretty much control and dictating the game the entire.
Speaker 4: Time, which was not good to see.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I wasn't in a pub in Melbourne, Declan, but I was in a pub and I was sort of in that mode maybe like you were, or I was watching it without really watching it because I just thought, we're just absolutely no chance here the way they're playing. So I actually rewatched the game today, which I really do on a Monday. But Nick, your one word, My.
Speaker 5: One word, Eddie is coma because I'd really like someone to put me into an introduced Camra until the seventh of September, which is the day after we play the top Button's in around twenty seven. So unfortunately, I just feel like it's groundhog Day right. I just feel like we're at that point in the season again where and it's probably dragged out a little bit longer this season where we're not going to play finals, and I'm afraid that the effort is going to get a little bit too difficult over the next four to five six weeks to finish off the season, and I'm just worried about what might be to come so ideally I'd like to go into a long sleep, paddn Eddie and wake up just as the weather's starting to get a bit warmer and days are getting longer, and can get out in the golf course and don't have to worry so much about the West Tigers.
Speaker 1: I've always told you to think how good off seasons are, you know, September.
Speaker 2: I love you off season, Eddie love it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for everyone's submissions on the West Tigers forum. I reckon it's a record amount of submissions because I was writing them all down the TSAVO. So what I'll do is I'll read out half of them now and I'm going to read out the other halfway through. The podcast started with Snake, my man Snake. He went with reserves. We're not going anywhere, Snake said, when we've got so many reserve graders. Dirty Reds went with speed. Panthers are on a different level in terms of rock speed, line speed, and ball movement. Irlwood Tiger said, ruddless, farmer, Rondo directionless, clueless, Mike said slow in terms of line speed, kick Chase played the ball attack Spoon races back on, he said, with the two bottom sides winning and on the richometer we were poor. Nat Max seventy eight. Word was variety. We have none of it with the ball in attack. Wagat Tiger said, done done until there are changes. I'm done, he said. We keep buying and extending the wrong player. We need quicker guys that can run harder. Mac Tiger. The word was tailorball. We played right into their hands. Tigers two to You went with gear we could not get out of first gear. LFC Tiger said gutless. He said he switched it off with ten minutes ago. There was no go forward, no kick chase. Three wins in a row with this club, he said, is it going to be impossible? Doesn't like the cattle, but Benji is not helping us with his game plans. Tiger's fifty one fifty simply said outclassed the remote robotic machine of Penrith was back, but he did say we never gave up and Throuver was incredible. Cambra Tiger's word was rocks. He said, we have too many rocks and diamonds type of players mentioned Adam Dewey, Alex Twele, Staff for Tower, save Farth stains Bird and he said even Polo is going a little bit that way. Lorenzo went with two two. We need two backs for Skelton and Tower, and we need two forwards for Sata, Twilve and ad Declin the last ten weeks only well, the last ten games, I should say, because it's been a million buyers and what not going on, we've only won two of them, and they've been by one and two points. So if I was to do the form ladder over that past ten weeks, would we be the worst side in that period? Perhaps that's the way we're playing.
Speaker 4: I'm not prepared to go that far.
Speaker 3: I think that we've had conversations about how although in that losing streak we were losing the game obviously that if I think or two went away, then you know, you could walk with a few real wins.
Speaker 4: So I don't think we would be the worst team.
Speaker 3: We definitely be bottom four probably, I think that's probably a fair assumption. But I think there have been like a few teams a little bit wise than ours, but probably clutching it strives a little bit, and you know, we haven't been great and probably deserved to be bottom for at this point.
Speaker 1: Sort of some different narratives going on at the moment, Nick with a lot of those sides that are jostling in that bottom six or seven, But.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: I know it's not easy to compare game to game and week to week and looking at three different sides. But the first time we played the Warriors, we went down on the bell, and the first time we played the Panthers, we pushed him for eighty minutes. And the second time we played both those sides, we've been whacked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have been.
Speaker 5: That game on the weekend against the Panthers, we did get whacked. I'm just thinking about Joel's favorite word, physicality. Like we were, like Declan said, we had a real go early. I thought the first twenty minutes wasn't too bad. Actually, when we got in front with that penalty goal, you know, there's a part of me that feel like we're heading the school board, and the other part thought, okay, how long until Penrith score and.
Speaker 2: It starts flooding the other way.
Speaker 5: But the longer that game went on against the Panthers, we just got dominated physically, which takes me back to Joel's word, But yeah, every team just seems to have it over as physically. The power game, we just seem to lack and like I think definitely you said that the speed of our game was quite slow, and I know we've spoken about the playable speed over you know, several pods not in the not too not too long ago. So we do seem a little bit sluggish, and it just seems like we don't have the stamina to go with a lot of these bigger, faster teams either. So we're definitely been dominating. I think that's just starting to show on the scoreboard of it too. We just can't keep up with a lot of teams.
Speaker 3: I think that the most disappointing thing for me was that we just couldn't create anything like in the middle of the field with like bowl playing or like damaging runs or anything like that, because we have two many kind of work right forwards who you know, like on their own or like quite reliable defenders, but no one that you can really say, oh, you give him the ball, he's either going to break a tackle or he's going to poke his head through and get a quick play the ball. That we didn't really have anyone in that four pack right now that can do it consistently.
Speaker 4: I think for no Apole. He's probably the closest thing you.
Speaker 3: Have to that kind of player, but unfortunately he has been a little bit inconsistent this season, if not a little bit disappointing in the last few weeks. I think he turned it on a little bit against the Go Coast in the second half, but it's not to the point where you need it to match teams like Penrith, like we order was like that. Even that Penrith player from off the bench, I don't even know his name. He's a rookie, but he came on and he.
Speaker 4: Like nearly, you know, he probably much nearly ran like you know, forty meters to score a try.
Speaker 3: He just burst through a line, and you know, they just have a lot more balance in their team.
Speaker 4: And then when you're.
Speaker 3: Not able to we weren't able to score off structure, no back line moves or anything like that. But then we also wren a able to create anything ourselves off the cuff leave because we don't have those athletes to make the chances for us at the moment.
Speaker 1: Nick, I'll last declan, Oh sorry, I'll ask you similar question that I asked Declan. I'll just sort of rephrase it. Are we going backwards this season compared to the first ten weeks to these last ten weeks.
Speaker 5: I definitely don't think we're in a team that started the year. And I guess it's probably easy too, when you're starting round one and everyone's level pegging on zero points, so you know you're not climbing a ladder. You're starting out neck and neck, and you're seeing how you can go to first four to six to eight weeks where.
Speaker 2: You can compete.
Speaker 5: And I remember very early in the season saying if we could get to origin about fifty to fifty, then I think we're in a really good spot. And we've pretty much done that, and then the wheels fell off. I can't argue with you, Eddie, I think we are going backwards. I think maybe a lot of that too, has to do with just the confidence of the boys in the inexperience to be able to compete for long periods of time. We've shown over quite a few seasons. I know we haven't won many games prior to this year in the last few years before that, but we've shown we can perform for two or three weeks at the time and win some games against good opposition. But then we fall in a heap and fall for the radar. And we haven't had as many blowout losses this year compared to previous years, only that huge one against the Storm. I'm worried what might happen this week against the Dogs, and we'll get to that a bit later. But yeah, I can't disagree any which is why. Also I'm looking towards the end of the season, I think the whole club needs to reset. I think we've shown some improvement this year, but yeah, I'm worried for what might come over the next six weeks. I just don't want it to fall off the cliff and have all of that hard work just thrown in the garbage bin, you know, leading in the next season.
Speaker 3: I think it's a tough question because I think the thing with like the really good and ERL teams is that they improve from the start of the year. That maybe why we managed to pinch some of those early games, because like teams aren't starting at their peak.
Speaker 4: But obviously we put a lot into.
Speaker 3: Starting well being a struggling club because that's kind of what you need to do. So I don't necessarily think that, you know, we've had a massive immigration from the start of the year. I just think that other teams have either gotten better or just hit form and they went well passes to the point that we look worse and then at the start of the year. But in reality, other teams are just playing better, and we're playing teams they are going to be playing finals frety that time.
Speaker 4: They've won really really well, and they're just like just too classy for us at the moment.
Speaker 3: That's all happen with Penrith, and it'll probably be it will probably be what happens with the Bulldogs unfortunately, but yeah, just it is what it is.
Speaker 5: We did have a reasonably favorable drawer at the start of the year too. I know, we played a lot of teams that weren't expected to be in in that top half of the letter early on and now we're sort of, you know, back in starting to come up against a lot of the teams that are aboves and we'll be playing final So maybe that helped to you know, get us off on the right foot early on in the season. But maybe that's hindering is coming home too. But it's a long year, isn't It's a long when you keep missing Yate.
Speaker 6: Long Five Years Podcast I totally disagree with both of you guys points about sort of stronger clubs being asleep at the start of the season and you know, like Penrith taking their time to get into gear.
Speaker 1: But Deck on, why why shouldn't we improve, Well, we get better throughout the season, you're saying, I know it's not thinking we're not going backwards, but why should we stagnate or not improve like other teams throughout the season just.
Speaker 3: On the out level, because other teams have the luxury of having the same team from like round one to now. But we've chopped and changed so much. I think we talked about it last week. We've had different house combinations who are different rules. We've had we haven't had massive injuries, but we've had like a Spain player here out for a few weeks, a Spain player there out for a few weeks. So like, we've just had no like runs on the board. Well, obviously we did when Galvin was here, but when he left and that drastically changed our entire attack. Everyone is now in a new role, maybe besides Bula who's probably going to come back and playing that right side. But Lula had to change the game, and you have to bring in Lato Finder, who's another rookie. He finds his feet as well, and then all of a sudden, your edges are different, your left edge is different. So I just think that part of the reason why we haven't like shown much, we haven't seen much improvement because we've just had to make so many like running repairs throughout the season. And yes, obviously there's like other things like the maybe like attitude and defense that definitely could be better, like one in one efforts like particular star for Toa and scaling against Penrith on the weekend. But I do think there is a few years to look at, like within the four walls of Concord. Like, I think like combinations would be a big reason as to why we haven't seen that gradual improvement. Not to say that we've been on par with all the top teams, but I do think if it was a more settled combination, clean squad, we would be played a lower better.
Speaker 1: I'll give you the Galvin one because there's no doubt like that was a big distraction and not just a distraction taking out one of your spine players you would have trained with three or four months of pre season a lot of the attack revolved around him. He was getting more ball than Luye and all of a sudden, you know, eight weeks in he's ripped out of your team and gone. That is a big thing with all the media and stuff that comes with it. But Nick, I'm not buying the injuries one. I'm just not I looked at clubs injuries today. South Sydney got a whole team out. The Dolphins have got eight out, Bruis's have got eight out, Warriors have got two of their best players out. Our casualty ward at the moment is Darene Buller, who's back this week. And there's one other injury I think Samuel Fine. It was the only other injury. So we had the least We currently have the least amount of injuries in the competition. And I would say well down to Peter Musa and the performance staff there at Concord, because I think in general this season we've been able to run out most of our top seventeen most weeks stick on.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I just disagree with that because I'm not saying that the injuries are why they haven't been playing well. I'm just saying that there's been like like a little like unfortunate injury to one player who's missed this chunk of time on the sideline and he comes back and then another person gets messed up.
Speaker 1: For example, how many Cubs could say that, every club in the NROL could say that, couldn't they?
Speaker 3: Well, like you look at the radios and they've like pretty much had like a like a pretty consistent spin going through the whole time. I don't really remember any of them getting injured.
Speaker 4: And I think that, like, I get what you mean.
Speaker 3: As a part of the game, injuries are something you have to deal with. But I'm just saying, like, oh, why haven't we improved? And that's just why I think we haven't improved, because we just haven't gotten the runs on the board. I think that lul I messed a little bit of time at start of the year with that showed injury. Then with Origin really has been out with that answeringer we lost Galvin last Is coming back from injury also, he like barely plays the first half of this season. He's pretty much been the only like fully fit Spain player we've hired. But I'm not saying that we've been hard done by it by injuries. I'm just saying that this stuff impacts the team in the cohesion of the team when, as you said, they wrapped out like the most high percentage usage player of the ball in Galvin, and the other guys just haven't had the reps together a lot of preseason either.
Speaker 4: And it's not an.
Speaker 3: Excuse because you know they need to do better than that, especially against Pendrith, which is looked hopeless.
Speaker 4: But that's just how I feel about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, I just look at other spines, Nick, and I know they've got stronger rosters. But I look at the Warriors. They're missing Metcalf. They've continued to win games. I know they didn't win on the weekend. Bulldogs have now got Galvin at halfback. Other teams have had distractions through origin. I just think compared to like a Paramota who's had Mitchell Moses out for ten or twelve weeks, I actually think we've had a reasonable run taking out that Galvin, you know, left the club because that he's a big one. But I still think, you know, at the end of the day that that playing squad of thirty, there's still a lot of work to do on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of work and I know, like Declan said, we did talk about this last week as well. I know that the core group has probably stayed fairly stable over you know, however, many rounds of twenty one or so rounds of footy but that we've played. But like Declan said, there's been a lot of musical chairs on the field, and it happened again on the weekend. I didn't even realize. It took me a lot to realize when Lato got taken off for Rest and Dewy shifted into the halves alongside Jerome like a lot.
Speaker 2: That stuff happens every week.
Speaker 1: I guess that's true, Nick, But is that coaches problem or injuries?
Speaker 5: Well, no, that would be a coaching decision. I don't know about a problem. And I get it that Benji was probably looking for an alternate, you know, way of playing because we weren't getting anywhere against the Panthers doing what we're doing. So no, I don't think we've been smashed by in actually looking at the Round one team that we put on the park against Newcastle, and it's funny because our sides are quite different. There's about fifty percent of our starting team there that didn't play for us against the Panthers on the weekend. Albeit I think Happy was suspended Round one, I think Buller was injured THEAH there were a few issues there early on in the season. But yeah, like I said, we've had the same fairly big core of players playing. I don't think we have as many key players as a lot of other teams do in those key positions. And when we do have someone out like Buller over the last few weeks, like that's and Sam Feyner as well, like that creates a massive impact in the way that we play. So you know, Buller is a huge impact in our attack. And even Sam Feiney, like Gary's been saying quite a few times recently that you know Sam feyn who has been really looking pretty dangerous with his combination out there and that left side, and he's been hitting a lot of half holes and very nearly getting through. So he's looking like he's improved the course of this season but just hasn't quite got there.
Speaker 2: But a lot of chop changing.
Speaker 5: Hopefully we can get set on a Round one team next year and maybe have a bit more stability as next season goes on and we need something to build off. So I just see all this chop changing look Decuitely was talking about with the cohesion disruption, that obviously doesn't help your team, especially in the team that's been struggling for so long. I think you just need a bit of stability as a platform to then build off.
Speaker 1: I mean, Penrith obviously decked on a clear benchmark and they were close to their very best on the weekend. That was a Penrith special what they produced on the weekend. But I was just interested when you mentioned that playoff the bench and I can't remember his name either. I've got no idea, but my question was going to be, is that a talent thing or is that purely a coaching and system thing that players we've never heard of can look so much better in a Penrith team compared to say it's West Tiger's team.
Speaker 3: I think it's a cultural thing in the sense that because they're playing with better players, or they're training with better players on their path to first grade, like from the very moment they come into the squad, they kind of have to to get to the level or somewhere near that level of like the Moses Leoda as Lindsay Smith is and the Aos before they're ready to come into first grade.
Speaker 4: Where there's teams like us, we tend to blood.
Speaker 3: Players a little bit earlier to give them opportunity to learn in first grade. But in the kind of top end teams, it's kind of the opposite where they kind of have to learn in a reserve grade because they're not yet ready to play at the intensity in the level that is required of Penrith to like go deep into the finals. So when they do come into first grade, they're just a lot more ready to hit the ground running.
Speaker 4: And also, like he was coming off the bench, Penith, we're pretty dominant.
Speaker 3: So you know, like not like credit to him was really good run, but yeah, I'm not I wouldn't say that we were like, as Joe would like to say, the most physical side with these sort of things.
Speaker 4: And I think we were kind of like confidence shot as well.
Speaker 3: But I do think that that's something to be said about, like these teams have more team to develop the players than we do, because younger players at our club are kind of as we sawtored as ever things they're not playing five speed, they kind of want to leave. But because Penmuth have that success, I think they're willing to kind of stay because they want to be part of that Premiership Perth persh at that club, which we don't have at the moment, So it's kind of a catch twenty two. But that's just a deference I see at the moment.
Speaker 1: We've spoken Nick a lot about our attack this year. I think that's because most we feel most our good players are in that spine Buller and Happy and Luye, and we've been frustrated how clunky it looks. But I still think there's grounds for optimism there. But the main concern I have at the moment is this forward pack, whether it's contact, collision, line speed, physicality, Like Terrell May is probably our only forward outside Appy at nine that other teams look at and Penrith. Both times we played interesting stat Both times we played Penrith, they've made him do fifty tackles and the other teams have been making him do thirty eight thirty nine. So they just went at him and tied him out. And I think it was his least run meet as he's had for ten weeks, and there's just not a lot of variety or punch in the middle of the field. I know it was difficult on the weekend because Alex Safaf and Tony Souker on the edge. Ideally we have Samuel and we have KPP next year, but the rest of that bench and starting forward pack really got smashed when they went one out.
Speaker 2: Yeah they did.
Speaker 5: Look I'm a huge Terrell fan. I love him and I wouldn't replace him for anyone. He's a massive workhoorse and like you've pointed out, Eddie, he's on the field for so long, he's going to be a target and he's going to be a dominant forward. So if opposition teams can get on top of Terrell and I did notice in the second half that he's very hard to bring down, but when they do bring him down, they tend to get him onto his back filly easily, and because he's such a big boy, that slows the plata ball down as well. But he's doing a lot of work, but he doesn't have that high impact speed that I would say something like Fanua Ballet has when he is playing at his best. And like you said, definitely, I don't think we've seen the best of fuer this season. He's shown patches of it, but consistently I think we've missed out a little bit, and I know he had a little bit of time out with injury as well during the year, but we need someone like Faniti's best. We need probably another one or two players like that too. I know he went out and bought Royce Hunt during the off season. Yeah he's not he's not the quickest prop, but he's big barnstorming prop. It's so frustrating that he can't get back into the team. And whether they're trying to get his minutes up in Cup, whether he's got to meet fitness standards to get back into the first grade team, if that's the sole reason, I'm not quite sure. But we definitely need that high impact for that can produce at least forty minutes of the game as well to give us a bit more of a platform. But Alex Tyler love him him and sayfa you know, they're toilers, but that's probably all they're ever going to be. They're not going to bend the line over when they run the ball up. You know, they're never going to stop trying. And that's what I love about those two guys. And I know Richo said it in a pod.
Speaker 2: It was a while ago.
Speaker 5: That you need players like that, and you do, but you need guys additionally to that that have a point of difference and that can make an impact on a game.
Speaker 2: So I think we're a little bit short.
Speaker 1: I'm just hovering around this sort of question again, deckling around playing roster versus coaching, in which one is sort of more culpable for losing eight of l last ten. But I'll just give you these four names who are in our starting pack, and you just tell me yes or no whether you think they'd start for most NROL teams. Alex Safer no, Tony Suka No, Alex Twil.
Speaker 4: Probably not.
Speaker 1: Adam Dey no, okay. And I'll give you our bench and you tell me how many of these guys would make the bench at other NERL clubs. Tristan Hope no, Jack Byrd no.
Speaker 4: For no pol yes.
Speaker 1: And one who's the last find he forgot his first name, Ernie.
Speaker 4: You would, I think you would.
Speaker 1: Okay, So a couple. But that's out of the eight guys I've asked you. You've given me probably two and a half yes is out of eight. In that forward back, is there is there anyone within the club that we're missing currently? Or do we have to go and recruit Nick in this area. I know KPP is coming and Sam Well is coming back, so the edge back row is looking a lot better, but the middle of the field, for me, there's just.
Speaker 2: Not enough punch. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 5: I have an alternate opinion that I did put onto the forum. Actually I put on Facebook in our podcast Facebook group, and I got shot down pretty hard. But if you just and Gary would be sitting there shaking his head if he was listening. But with Jock Madden coming in next year, and I know he's not Adam Reynolds, but I can see a benefit of moving Latin back to the thirteen Jersey only because I think he's got great ball skills. He's got a great passing game. He could easily stand in the middle and deliver it left or right depending on what he sees. He's a really good defender as well. I think he's got a point of difference over Adam Dewey. I think Jock Madden's got a bit more experienced the last couple of seasons playing under Adam Reynolds and learning about game management, and you let Jerome, you do the Jerome thing in the number six Jersey. I could see that working, but that's based on the squad that we've got going forward into next season. So obviously there's still an opportunity to recruit. If we're going to recruit, if we're not going to find someone like Adam Reynolds, or if we're not going to find an that Isaiao. I don't know who you bring in. I have heard a few people. I think I heard Robin the West Tiger's Life podcast talking about needing some back rowers, additional back rowers coming in to our team to strengthen this up.
Speaker 2: Well, I really like.
Speaker 5: KPP and Sam feyn who starting. It does worry me a little bit if one of them goes down like we've seen with Samuela.
Speaker 2: Who do you bring in? Because it's kind.
Speaker 5: Of like a massive pothole, isn't it like you lose Sam and you're pitching a hole with you so far?
Speaker 2: Or soccer.
Speaker 5: I don't mind soccer, but it's really dropping down in quality there, so there is some work to do.
Speaker 1: Filla Declanice. I don't know whether he's lost confidence or whether it's when he's come back from injury, but I feel like he's the one at the start of he was firing alongside Torrell, whether he's on the bench or starting, and he's really dropped off. I think that's heard us.
Speaker 4: Well. Next said, which I think is a good point. He has come back from an injury, so we don't really know how that has him for.
Speaker 1: About six weeks though from an injury. It's not like he's one week back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you never know like what he's carrying or if he's still liked then we just don't know those things. But I think with me, when I see him, I think when he makes like a really.
Speaker 4: Poer mess that dances confidence for his entire game.
Speaker 3: And he made some poor ones against the the Gold Coast last week, and he's also known to drop a ball, and I remember him saying in a press conference.
Speaker 4: That, like he's a real kind of like confidence player and Benji's we do.
Speaker 3: A lot of work out with him on like trying to like stay in the game, stay.
Speaker 4: Like you know, positive, and like back themselves.
Speaker 3: So I could imagine when you miss tackles, when you drop easy ball, then that can impact your whole performance. And at the moment, I think that that's probably it. But besides the injury part to it, but I do agree I've been I think we've needed more from him and like when we were And it's interesting because when he was starting in play well at the start of the year, we looked like a much better rounded four pact because we had Cheril May the kind of Workhourse in the middle, but then like Polly would have that impact off the bench along with Hunt.
Speaker 4: So having him our form is really hard. Is a lot.
Speaker 1: We'll circle back boys to talking about Chop Madden because I don't think we have done that yet on the podcast, and talk a little bit more about the halves. But Benji's press conference, I didn't learn a whole lot. It was fairly brief. One. He got a bit of flak for saying, you know, we tried to play like Penrith, but I don't think he really meant that. If he watched the whole press conference, I think he was basically saying we were in the grind with them for twenty or twenty five minutes and then they just strangled us out of it.
Speaker 2: One ndred cent.
Speaker 5: They played like the bublanstricter really and I do agree actually that first twenty minutes it was set for set. I don't think our completion rate was too bad. I actually thought we were playing.
Speaker 1: Some decent one the first half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was pretty good.
Speaker 5: We kicked, you know, that that penalty goal to go two points in front, and then I think we had another set or two after that before Penrith scored, so I didn't think it was actually too bad. And I haven't really watched the whole game any you. I have watched the highlights a couple of times and that was enough for me. But Penrith were clinical, like their completion rate was through the roof and I was listening I think it was triple them on Sunday coming home from golf. They were talking about how good Penrith were and they're hitting their straps, you know, at the right end of the season, and wasn't that long ago running seventeenth from the table, which is ridiculous. And you look at the way they are putting their games together. You know, it's all basic stuff. It's really strong, running the intense, it's huge from the start and they carried through an eightieth minute. Nathan Cleary is now playing like that, you know, origin halfback that we wish was informed a month or so ago. His kicking game was spot on. That kick that he put through for the try, which was actually knock one. I think it was Isaac Tango scored the second last try. That kick was amazing, like the angle that he managed to put on that grubber to have it bend back towards his attacking players on the right so that the post was freakish. But they're a class above. But I just think we've got our classed. I think Benji was probably speaking the truth. The boys had to go. He obviously had a game plan just to stick with the Panthers for as long as possible and hopefully you get some mistakes and you get some opportunities. But those opportunities didn't come. But they're playing like a real top four side Penriflet and I forget the top four, but.
Speaker 2: They're going to give it a shake again if they.
Speaker 1: Get in the top four. I reckon they're nearly favorites to win it again. Declan. You know, I like new segments, So I've got a new segment. You know, we've had segments about a rant. We've got Eddie's Analytics, which is inverted commons for Eddie's gambling. But this is called Monday Eddie, and it's going to be a positive one because I actually watched the replay today and I've got a few things that maybe some people can just cling to out of this game, out of the wreckage of a thirty six to two defeat the first twenty five minutes of both halves, which is what sixty five percent of the game roughly, what was the score overall first twenty five minutes of both halves combined score.
Speaker 4: Going to be fourteen points to two, two.
Speaker 1: Nil Tigers two nil after twenty five minutes before Penris scored eighteen points. First twenty five minutes of the second half remained eighteen to two. So we got in the grind with them in both halfs for twenty five minutes. And also in that first twenty minutes we repelled nineteen tackles I counted inside the twenty, so they had multiple shots at us. They put on a lot of their pet plays that they like to do. I even thought, guys that are going to get a bit of criticism, and rightly so, like on the on the right edge, defense Tower and Skelton and Latu made a few wrong decisions, but they also made some really good decisions in that first twenty minutes, if you watch it, they made some good tackles. So I actually thought that first twenty five minutes was really really good. When I watched the replay, and like I said, you know, I usually don't watch the replay, but forty eight hours after the game, I found a few positives there.
Speaker 4: Oh, Eddie, you always surprised me on Monday morning.
Speaker 1: We're all, it's not a Monday morning deck if you're in Scotland, but some money not whatever.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, I just can't get my head. I just never expect what you're going to say anse things.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I get what you mean with the defense, but I just we had a few cracks and they're twenty Also in the first half that you know, we really should have been scoring if we had any sort of hope of like winning the game. We took the two points, which I kind of understand to get something that night, to be fair, Yeah, yeah, because obviously the plan was to grind out with them, so take the two points on offer get something out, but ideally they needed a score like soon after that.
Speaker 4: And then when Penrith I agree, like the first two tries, it.
Speaker 3: Didn't feel like the game was completely gone, but once they got to a third then you know, Penrith, it's not like them to give up a lead like that, and that's probably deflating because the Tigers probably know that as well, like if they were any chance, they to have to keep it within two scores, which they didn't manage to do. So I get you mean, like I think it's one of those things with like that the team is like a whole less week. You're not really accusing many players of like just per attitude and defense like a lot of the although I do think that we're starting to see low at that coup with some players. But yeah, either it's like a lack of talent, a lack of concentration and stuff like that, but it just it's all coming together.
Speaker 4: To create a kind of ugly canvas. At the moment.
Speaker 1: I watched the game rewatch it Nick for a couple of reasons, like I wasn't watching that closely in the pub sat there because were long way behind. And then I read a lot on Twitter and stuff about a lot of criticism around Benji Marshall and the game plan, and I thought I want to have a look at this and to be, I thought, and I'm not rugby lely courage or whatever I actually thought the first twenty five minutes because the criticism was, oh, we just tried to play like Penri. If we went one out, of course we're going to get smashed. The first twenty five minutes, I reckon. I counted eight of the first ten sets we actually shifted early in the tackle and made a little bit of yardist and then Taylor May getting held up over the line, which we nearly scored. There was Jerome's kicked for Appy which we nearly scored off, which was a dropout. I actually thought we threw a lot at them in the first twenty five minutes and just didn't get any reward.
Speaker 5: Completely agree that Tailor May, you know, no try where he was held up. How often does that happen? You know, where one of our players makes a half break or a break gets tackled a couple of meters before the line slides across, and as they slide across, the ball goes from on the ground to up in the air and they're held up like that just seems to happen more often than not.
Speaker 2: And then on the.
Speaker 5: Flip side, you've got Penris, was it Lindsay Smith's try, I can't remember which one it was was tackled a couple with a shorter line and just fell over the line on the line to put the ball down.
Speaker 2: So we seem to get those things go against.
Speaker 4: Us a lot.
Speaker 5: I did, Like Eddie you just mentioned there that quite a few times early on that we shifted the ball on the first or second tackle out left and right, and we did make some grounds that way as well, rather than just the one one.
Speaker 1: Was the any way we were making Graham, really.
Speaker 5: It was, and I didn't mind seeing that so and we were pretty thar with the way that we did that. We didn't make too many eras either, so that was working. Yeah, we just liked that that nocki ut punch. But you hotlighted a few opportunities we had just you know, we couldn't couldn't.
Speaker 4: Ask keke, but I don't.
Speaker 3: I just look at a team at Penrith and like, yes, they're obviously heading form, but as we all kind of said, they had a few opportunities on our line and they were repelled them. But then they came up with a different picture and threw something a little bit different.
Speaker 4: Ads with that short ball from.
Speaker 3: Your to Lindsey Smith, which just completely go of class, but it's also it's class talent, but it's also like game smarts and awareness to go like slightly outside the plan and offer something different for the defense to reactor. But as on the other hand, it was clearly like we had only like a few bars in the hentreet to score off of, and when that wasn't working, it was just flirting. But you can tell that obviously because their evolution is a team and you know, fourteen premiers, you know they're going to have that. But I just think that that's something that we're going to really need to build to, is to try and break down defenses and different ways rather than just like try and spread the ball tailing.
Speaker 4: Me get him one on one.
Speaker 3: We're going to have to show a lot more creativity because we just were no any of that didn't.
Speaker 5: Penrith target out right side like they well they were their attack was pretty full on, but the way that Stafford and Giro were backing off, they were sort of holding in defense and backing off even when right down our tro line like they just look like you're in the headlights. They looked like they didn't know what to do defensively.
Speaker 1: They're copying a lot of criticism, and rightly so because the second and the third try. I actually thought the second try rewatching it, which was when they just went down a short side and scored easily. I thought Latu was really lazy at marker and essentially gave Towat and Skelton almost no chance to defend that. But the third one was shocking, Like Declan said, like two minutes four halftime, how many times does this happened to us? You're still in the game at twelve to two, they get the ball two meters out from their own tryline with two minutes ago, and they do a shift eighty meters out, they make a break and Skelton and told we're just arm grabbing Declan on both of those, that was a.
Speaker 3: Killer, Yeah, I think particularly Tour, it's really commented his game the last few weeks, just his like tackle technique. I remember he had this one try with that Warrior's backroar just had maybe sendimeters to work with from the sideline, But because Tour went and I'm grabbing, he managed to pump his chest and the Warriors first scored.
Speaker 4: Obviously, we had already kind of lost the game by then, but I just think it's.
Speaker 3: A real worry that it started. The laziness is starting to creep into his game.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's kind the same with Paully, Like he's clearly playing hard and I don't know what his injury is.
Speaker 4: So I'm hesitant to like one.
Speaker 3: Hundred percent going on them because I don't know if me be like that's part of the reason, because he was defending like pretty well at the start of the season, and you know, it wasn't an issue, But nowadays, maybe that's like an attitude thing. Maybe that's just a kind of like he's on the wrong page with Skelton and they're getting explored and he's not getting himse helping the right possession to get the shoulder.
Speaker 4: And I'm not sure, but it's one of those things where I think.
Speaker 3: That if we were like a team with stronger death, then both of them that you could argue should be dropped for next week because it just wasn't good enough.
Speaker 1: It was just so Penrith, like they identified to roll may Nick in the middle, that they want to make him make fifty tackles, and they went after Skelton and Tower, and I actually, like I said earlier, I thought those guys actually made some good plays that no one's talking about, like defending bombs and diffusing raids, but they also made some poor plays. And I questioned staff And at the start of the year around little things like his body language and his wont every week. I'm starting to worry a little bit. I thought his first twelve weeks was really good, consistent, and I think Skeleton, since he's come back the second time from injuries, also just struggling a little bit with the week to week grind of first grade.
Speaker 2: I agree. What was the game was that the roosters of the Warriors game.
Speaker 5: We tell our injuries either his rister his elbow, but it was late in the game and he's been carrying that for a few weeks. And I know that we've been covering someone that can cover for him in the sense of spot on the on the bench the last few weeks as eighteenth man, but we haven't needed it. But there's something not quite right with with Stafford. Gerald looks like he's regressed a little bit in my opinion as well Eddie. But just one player I wanted to really give her up to was Sunita Rivera. He was amazing on the weekends. The amount of hit ups he makes, He's almost Brian Tolope like, he's making one to two hit ups every set, and just the speed and intensity hits the line.
Speaker 2: With is incredible.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I was sitting back there watching each set and every you know, every second fourth tackle he comes through over again. I'm thinking we're at the forwards, like, why don't we have forwards doing one or two runs every set and there's this little winger slash fullback or filling fullback at the moment that's doing all the workload. But if anyone could, if everyone in the team could up their intensity and be more like the river would be a much better.
Speaker 1: Team for it. He's a fabulous footballer, Decklin Taruvera. He's clearly my favorite player in his team. And interesting, like watching that game today again, you can still see the Penrith qualities in some of our guys that used to play for Penrith, Like Taylor May I thought was really good in a well beaten side. I thought Appy and Jerome really competed, and I thought Taruva, despite playing out of position, I think he ran two hundred and eighty six meters, which was closed. I think Dylan Edwards ran three hundred and twenty two. But there's just no quit in Tarouver. I thought he was outstanding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think a lot of that would probably come down to the fact that they're playing their ex club.
Speaker 1: He does it every week to reove He doesn't pick and choose when to put in. No, I think they do all the Pendth guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all the Penrith guys.
Speaker 3: When you play like you know your mates and the team used to play for it, obviously you're going to want to get like a good account yourself because you want to win. But yeah, true has been super contested. I just really wish it was back on the wing and Rilla was there because it's just this compliment each other really really well. Because I do think that like Trevera's like playing really really hard, but we just lack that extra creativity and that extra roleper because he just doesn't necessarily have it and he can do all that great stuff from the waning style. But I feel bad because I'm just the one being negative. You guys are trying to be positive. I'm just dragging the conversation down.
Speaker 1: Role reversal tonight Declan. But Jerome, like again, I saw some positives in his game. I nick, I'm going to be honest, like, I know the pay packet obviously is going to be more attention, and he's come to the Tigers and he talked it up and said, you know, we're going to turn it around. So I get the scrutiny. I don't think he's playing a hell of a lot better, a hell of a lot different than he did at Penrith. I watched him mostly last year. I don't think he's been much worse. I don't think he's been much better. I think he plays typical sort of Jerome Leuwai game, and I think we found that out that seven is not really his position. I thought there were moments in that first twenty five minutes where a couple of short side plays he put away tailor may that kick for happy kius our. But there's other moments that you just can't do. Kick out on the fall. There was one short side kick where there was nothing on when we had him on the ropes. It was a bit of a mixed bag.
Speaker 5: Again, Jerome's got that habit of a little bit Benji like the occasional kickout in the full or the occasional poor pass, and he did in Origin as well, thinking it was a game too where he kicked out in the full in one of our early sets there. But I kind of agree, yea, I don't. I think Jeromes obviously trying his butt out. I think when you look at the way that Penrith play against how West Tigers play, and we spoke about it earlier, Penrith played with that little bit more intensity and that little bit more speed and that little bit more power, which obviously gives players like Jerome, who is quick and agile, to be able to create off the back of that. And I think if you slow down that Penrith team five percent to what the speed that the West Tigers play, it kind of hinders those attacking players, especially Jerome lasts who are up at the front, you know, trying to create off the back of what you forwards are doing. So that's that is a big issue, and that comes back to us really needing an impact proper, if not one to go in the next year, I don't know who's available anymore, but that's definitely a hole that we need to plug.
Speaker 1: Copy is copying a fair bit of criticism from Tigers fans deckline, Do you think it's fair? Like I think at least like maybe Appy realized two years ago he thought he could come in and turn this around, and now he's realizing the enormity of the playing for the West Tigers and what it means, because I don't think he's playing worse than he did last year for Penrith, but he's just not having the same impact on results.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's pretty unfair, to be honest, because like he's, as you said, like coming in from the like that the Premiership, that the premier team where your competentices that are high, and like obviously the compience is good because that's what we need to back ourselves.
Speaker 4: But I don't think anyone like rationally thought.
Speaker 3: That he was going to come in and we're going to be an automatic finals pick, like we are kind of like I like, obviously I think we all kind of picked to be a little bit ahead at the moment in terms of like maybe being like ten or eleven is not like you know, fighting it for the spin still.
Speaker 4: But I think that you know, like he's been a net positive in.
Speaker 3: Terms of like the off field culture. In terms of the the on field, I was hoping for a little bit better where we were currently are because I thought that as opposed to permitus, because he'd get more touches of the ball, that he'd have more chances to show his quality. That hasn't one hundred percent came through. But at the end of the day, like you know, we've made a long term commitment to this player.
Speaker 4: You know, he's one of the captains of the club. I don't think we can throw the baby out with the bath water just because we're not where we were, We're not where we want to be.
Speaker 3: One year into his contract and I just look at you know, there's two more in our real team's coming in very very soon.
Speaker 4: They're going to have lots of salary cap money.
Speaker 3: Like everyone talks about how you know, he's not what the market player we need, But I just don't see hope in hell of like getting anyone like close to his quality with all this like market competition. I honestly think that we should be thankful that we have someone like him, even though we're not like where we want to be a team yet. But there's still so much like time to turn it around. So I do think the criticism has been a bit harsh, and it's just as you said, the pay packet when like we lose, it's just the first thing people will go to because that's people's expectation of what I have should do. So it makes sense, but I think it's harsh and I don't agree with it.
Speaker 5: If I can ask you a question, Ddy, let's want to clock back. You know, well, it's probably a couple of yearsness since he said he was coming. But if we did not have room way this season, if he didn't come to the club, where would we be right now? And what type of footy would we be playing?
Speaker 1: I think we'd be two or three wins worse off, you know, And it's all relative. Like people will say, oh, you know, if he's worth two wins over the season, that's not much. But if you're coming off a low base where you've won four games for threes in a row or five games, if you can get to eight or nine games, that is a significant improvement. And it's also what he can bring in terms of recruitment the next couple of years, potentially getting to Ruver over, et cetera. And happy to stay. So I think, like Declin said, the on field football's maybe at times been a little bit airy fairy the way he's played. I don't think he adapted to playing half back. I don't think he's going to play half back again for US, But I don't think he's playing badly definitely.
Speaker 3: And I've seen the argument that like we could reallocate like the money he's on to a cheaper half with like similar results. I just don't buy that because rugbyleague it's not like football where you can get rid of a player's wages and you have like a massive kind of talent pool that you can kind of reinvest. Like, the market in rugby league is so skinny at the moment that I just don't think there's anyone that we could realistically get at the moment that would bring the impact and as you said, like the kind of marketability and the ability to use him as a kind of recruitment figurehead, because there's just nothing at the moment. And before that as well, how many times did we mess out on one of these market players like the trail like Metro Moses, Jo shattle Car And then when we do sign them and they don't hit the ground running, like we're forced to criticize them, like it just I think it's like a self fulfilling prophecy a little bit with them as at times and like obviously like people are entitled to criticize, like I'm not going to tell them not to, but yeah, I just see it's a little bit self destructive at this point.
Speaker 1: Let's do the back half of the one word submissions from the forum. Osmo seven went with urgent. See said there was a lack of lack of desire to do the basics well in terms of kick chase and running hard. Tigersman had the number eighteen in the eighteenth minute two points. He said that actually increased Penris confidence because he thought that meant that we couldn't score on them, and they took that attitude into the rest of the game. He reckons all teams below us are playing much better, but he said Taylor and Taruvera tried really hard. London Tiger went with Mongrel. We lack it, especially in the forwards Therell's doing the job of two. We're running on empty. Kiwi Tiger said rich O, something has to be done. Five hit ups and a kick playing ross is bad coaching is not much better. I'm paraphrasing here. Mister Anonymous twenty six just went with uncoached Tiger town sfs's word was contest. We never can test bombs. At the end of set, Teddy s said up tempo, we don't have it in us. In attack or defense Tiger's eyes word was starts. We lack it. No punch that we don't get the line. He said, how good is Taruva? Time to get rid of tower CQ. Tiger said Orange, there's no juice left in the Orange Tiger symmetry. He was more on the positive side. It's time to remain calm. He said, no tantrums. Thank you, Tiger symmetry. I'll take that on board. He said. The roster is improving, we still need to impact forwards. Slow progress. Tiger Tragic fifty six said free Nick. He said, I'm free because he's decided he's not going to watch the Tigers for the rest of the year. And Matt V. Tiger said suffocators the suffocated. The Panthers are relentless. So thank you everyone for your submissions, despite the fact that it took me an hour to write all those out. Nick, you mentioned Jock Madden earlier. I think it's a good signing. He hasn't played any first grade this year, but I thought he was coming along quite well when in his previous incarnation at the club. He would have learned a bit off Adam Reynolds being in a pretty good system up at Brisbane. He comes back, I think he'll probably be the backup path. I think Latu will be the number seven, but there is a little bit of an unknown at the moment around Adam Dewey what he's going to do. When do you see him fitting in job Madam.
Speaker 5: I am under the same understanding that I think Josh Jock has been signed as a backup half, but he's played a bit of NRL and I can see him. I can see him adding value, like I said earlier, So I do think last two has obviously been told by Benji that he's the number seven going forward and I don't expect that to change. However, saying that before lat two was given the seven jersey, when he was coming off the bench and playing a bit of thirteen, I thought he was quite dangerous in that role, which is why I thought I could actually see him going back there. Even if it's for a short period of time or at intervals even to add something a bit different. So yeah, it'd be interesting to see what happens with ID. I don't think he'll be here. I think he might maybe end up with the Dragons again. I know he was almost there for this season. I think he did the preseason health examinational health test or fitness tests and didn't quite end up there for whatever the reason might be. But yeah, Jock coming back home. I think you'll definitely add some value to targets next season.
Speaker 1: Where do you say him fitting declar Jock Manath.
Speaker 3: I mean it's pretty pretty clear that he'll be like the second string seven come and maybe play a little bit of five eighth for.
Speaker 4: Injured as well.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you'd be the first kind of half of the right to cover injuries. Obviously, he'll back himself to make it and the first grade team at some point, But I just I just think that latter has been given the go ahead to be like the long term seven, so we should at least try.
Speaker 4: And see what that looks like longer.
Speaker 3: And so I'm not sure that although I do love Madden from his first stint at the club, I'm just not sure that he has like the consistent like creativity to be like a first picked seven in the NROL yet, which isn't to say that he won't develop it, because he might, but I just thought that, you know, when he was at the club this first time, he was like really good and reliable in terms of that kind of like pure halfback stuff, but in terms of his creativity it was lacking a little bit. So we'll see if that's any different this time. But I'm really happy he's back at the club. By all reports, he was a great kind of person to be around the club. I think he's doing a lot of like community work up in Brisbane as well, which has been nominated for.
Speaker 4: What's the Community Spare Award for the Daly Ends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think he's been nominated for that, so that's good to see as a bit of a side. So yeah, I think he's a good person having around the club. Glad he's back. I think he's probably better half stepth than what we have in a type of cup at the moment. So it's a little bit surely we're kind of vexing that depth that we're kind of complaining about the squad.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think it's a good one overall.
Speaker 5: Any only thing I'll ask you, Declan Laso Fino is he a six.
Speaker 2: Because more.
Speaker 1: It's a lot too. I know he hasn't played much foot the last couple of years, Declan, So I've been treading quite lightly around Latu the last few weeks because he's finding his way new half partner, dominant guy in Jerome. I think he's been a bit submissive the past couple of weeks playing with Jerome and then with Adam in the middle as well. Do you think he's taking a step back in terms of calling for the ball and demanding a bit more ball.
Speaker 4: I think it's difficult because.
Speaker 3: Like he has his job as to just straighten the attack, to give good clean ball to like people out Saidam. So it looks like, yeah, he needs to run the ball a little bit more, you know, as a little bit annoying because you know, all that talk about when Galvin left was that oh, actually, like you know, Louie and La two's combination is better anyway, So like that's like it could be like a long term good thing. I think that they have kind of not only I wouldn't say they haven't clicked, because they have at some points, but it just hasn't been kind of what I expected, because you're right, Lattwo hasn't really ran the ball that much, and yeah, they're just kind of treading on each other's toes, so it hasn't been as clean as I hoped it been.
Speaker 1: But I just remember, it's difficult diadectal log I think we're all guilty of, you know, straight away after a lost week out of the halves, but when your forward pack's getting smashed, it must be difficult on the field, dare.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, definitely, But I don't think there is something because I just remember, like the first trial game against the Bulldogs, Latoo was playing seven that game as well, and he just he just didn't take the game by the scruff. And I know that's a cliche, but he just didn't like go for anything like kind It was through the motions, like passing, saying up for others, people, not really going side the script. And I can see him like he's kind of doing a little bit of that right now, like maybe he's not confident enough to go outside the script because obviously Jerome is a senior half. But I think we need a little bit more variety, as we've kind of talked about in this podcast, and I would like to see him run the ball more. I know that we said we probably all agree that Jerome isn't like a seven, but I would like to see him still be the dominant playmaker and take some of that pressure orf Flatto so that he can run the ball more. I think that's all him as the senior have to do, and hopefully they kind of yet a little bit more. But yeah, a little bit disappointing, but yeah, at the end of the day, what you said is true. Peripers back from them like they're just when they're when they're on, they're probably the best defense in the camp. And they knew, like because we didn't have and truer As playing fullback, you know, we had like one less They had one less ballplayer that they had to worry about, which makes it easier to shut down our ballplayers. And we also couldn't really get in their half either, which makes it easier for they're difficult for us. So yeah, so not massively concerned, but we're just late to see you a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, coach Benji got a bit of criticism or questions for taking him off. I wouldn't read too much into that. Like he's been on minutes restrictions the past couple of years. We're getting thumped fifteen minutes to go. I think if I wouldn't be expecting that to happen most weeks if it's a close game. I think he is the number seven and we're going to persist with it in the short to medium term. Just my last point, Nick, on the my new segment Monday Eddie, because it's the positive side. It's coming out today. Benji Marshall like, I've got such same concerns a lot of Tigers fans have, but I just had a look today. I know it's another sport, but I'm new to the twittersphear Nick. I've made a Twitter account and I'm just working out what a cesspit that is in Twitter. But I have made a few brave sort of posts. But I made a post today saying I know you don't follow AFL, and probably most Ruga League fans don't, but Northlwin Kangaroos have been the West Tigers the last ten years. They have been right down the bottom, right down the bottom for a decade. And you know who they got. They got a four time premiership winning coach from Hawthorne Alistair Clarkson signed a five year deal three years ago and he went, he's won ten games in three years, he wins, three wins, four wins. Benji's won thirteen games in two years. So that's just a little bit I think of a reality check of what it's like to turn around. I called it a terminally ill club on Twitter. Think that was maybe a little bit harsh, but a very ill club that's at the bottom. We're not quite you know, the Bulldogs haven't reached our depth. The Dragons haven't reached our depths. We've reached the complete depths the past decade. And if a premiership coach in another code won ten games in three years, maybe we should just back off Benji a little bit for winning thirteen games in two years.
Speaker 5: Your thoughts are you suggesting Benji should take up AFL coach?
Speaker 1: Well, well, I saw a few fans actually backed me on Twitter and said, well Benji maybe should get the blame for what's going on at North Melbourne Kangaroos. But no, I don't suggest he takes up AFL coaching. I don't watch North Melbourne play or any FAFL. I just thought it was an interesting comparison that I'll do talking about the game Boys. I don't decline, don't I want to see Macasini play. I don't think this is the week for it, because I think the Bulldogs are Penrith Mark two. They will target him and it would be a really, really difficult debut. I think I would wait till after the bye and pick a game out of those last four for him to play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I tend to agree with you. I mean, you never know, like we.
Speaker 1: Hate agreeing with me. Don't you know? You said that was pain like Jesus, I agree.
Speaker 3: No, Like the honest is I just really don't want to play the Bulldogs, like I just don't want to watch Lost and Galvin, and I don't want to read my message.
Speaker 4: I group with you say how good loss of Cover? I'm actually dreading.
Speaker 3: It like so that the very thought who were like talking about the game makes me want to shiver and recoil.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I tend to agree.
Speaker 3: Not that I just don't see the utility and that for yers unless there's an injury, because if there's an injury, then you know what it.
Speaker 4: Is if you're in the first Gude squad.
Speaker 3: But yeah, i'd be playing them soon, just to you know, have a little bit of like, you know, something interesting to see for the future. But yeah, like my gutters also telling me that less as in the week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I won't be out there at Combank. I just I don't want to sit out there Nick with twenty thousand Cannary fans. You know, they can be terrible at the best of times, and they're probably going to win the game. So I won't be out there. But I do think we'll actually put in a really good performance this week. I've got a funny feeling that they're not just going to talk it up because they have talked it up. I think a bit too much this year about how much they love Benji not shown it the next week on the field. I think they will shout this week, and I think it will be a close game against the Bulldogs, but I won't be out there to see it.
Speaker 2: I hope you're right.
Speaker 5: I don't have the same feeling. I have the opposite feeling. I feel quite sick actually thinking about the potential result this coming Sunday.
Speaker 2: However, saying that I hope you're right, Eddie.
Speaker 5: I really really hope that someone like Finopole can line up Locke Gavin early as LOCKI Gowan's about to receive a ball at first receiver and get absolutely hammered by his massive shoulder in Locky Galvin's ribs, and I hope knocks the window out of him for about forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: If it was us coaching, we would be really trivial like that and say, boys, if we're getting dirty, just someone take him out and break his leg or I know you can't say that as a coach, but Declan's got his thumbs up, so he's happy with that game plan.
Speaker 2: Nick.
Speaker 1: You know, I breathed the big sigh of relief last week because I thought we beat Gold Coast, we got the breathing space, and of course they come out and beat the Warriors, and then Paramatta come out and beat Brisbane, and I'm like, are you serious? Like all of a sudden, this wooden Spoon race is still on, like we've got a we've got a Seriously, I don't think we'll win this week, but the last four games we need another win, and I know we should be looking at another two wins because there's winnable games there. There's mainly at the SFS, as Cowboys that like up. There's Titans in the last round were just it would be hideous to go winless and get a wooden spoon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we wouldn't it. But where's the win coming from? So this week's going to be tough. I hope you're right, because I'm not.
Speaker 1: Saying they're going to be favorites. I'm just saying cowboys that like our I think it's a fifty to fifty game. I think the Titans on the Gold Coast I wouldn't be confident, but it's winnable and manly FS. Yeah, I mean that's great. Well, why we're playing at the SFS should be at light up, But anyway, it's at the SFS. That's that's somewhat winnable based on what I saw yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree that we could win those games that the Cowboys whenn't like us.
Speaker 2: A big one for me.
Speaker 5: That's a Sunday afternoon, four oh five pm, so another hopefully nice sunny afternoon like the Old Girl, and I have heard that we're wearing the old two thousand and five retro jersey so yeah, twenty year anniversary, they'll be a nice fitting tribute as they run out. Just hopefully they don't reverse the result and they put in a good performance. But yeah, hopefully we can give Johnny Bateman around to remember come around twenty five like a.
Speaker 3: I think the Titans also, they don't have any buys left, but we have one stell Off or Sleep, so if that.
Speaker 4: Makes any sort of difference, I think it's something to consider. Well.
Speaker 1: I actually think declent looking at it, because I've been looking at the Wooden Spoon Race, you know, through a fine tooth comb all year. It's more exciting than a Premiership race. But I can tell you right now SOUS played the gold Coase in a couple of weeks. That's a huge game. I actually think SOUS could go winless given the amount of injuries they have. I think the Titans are going to win another couple, so as long as they both don't win another couple, because then we've got to win another one. But I don't want to. I don't want to start being negative in the last few minutes. All right, boys, that's Monday podcast done. I think Monday works better than Sunday, a better mood.
Speaker 2: I know it, definitely.
Speaker 5: I liked a couple of days any just to decompress and forget about the game a bit, and I can have a few drinks in the period of time just to sort of stabilize my emotions a bit.
Speaker 2: So you or a thoundand just a few thousand, So yeah.
Speaker 5: A good chance to calm it down and you know, joyfully talk about the worst the other boys.
Speaker 1: The other boys they did do. They were out in the studio this week doing the collab podcast with Rob So that was Steve, Gary and Joel host of that show. We are still waiting to receive it from the podcast studio, so we will put it out on our platform. We may even be in a position where we put both these pods out tomorrow Decklanes, so they'll be like competing, competing for our time.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Rumor has it that Gary Brighton's on Golden Maper phone, so if you're watching on YouTube, keep for that, and we try to tell it not to.
Speaker 3: But he just invested and he can be quite stubborn sometimes, so it's just best to let him do what he wants to.
Speaker 5: Rumor has it that Gary's just ordered a gold statue of himself from TIMU and he's putting it outside of the studio of PARAMOUNTA.
Speaker 2: So next to me, out PARAMOUNTA Away.
Speaker 5: Near the station you walk past, you see a big golden Gary, just give it a tap on the button.
Speaker 1: Say good day to Gary, big shore out to Gary. Boys, Thank you for that. So look out sometime tomorrow and hopefully we'll have both those podcasts, and we'll also do a midweek one, probably Wednesday night or Thursday night, given we play Sunday. All right, boys, Thank you tok soon, Thanks you boys,