Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection and we have our friends in from Elder Garrett today and wow, we got a lot to go on today, that's for sure. Michael Colaw is with us and also Deanna Donson is here with us today. How are you doing, young lady.
Speaker 2: I'm great.
Speaker 3: How are you well?
Speaker 2: Welcome aboard here.
Speaker 1: I think this is your first time to the chill room.
Speaker 3: It absolutely is.
Speaker 2: It's very cold.
Speaker 1: Don't let that thermostat fool you there holding the wall is seventy five degrees. The rest it's forty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, we're going to get things going.
Speaker 1: First things first here Benefits Enrollment Center. You've been busy, haven't you.
Speaker 3: I have been very busy.
Speaker 2: How busy have you been? I have been so busy.
Speaker 4: I have been helping people sign up for help with their Medicare premiums and for help with their part D premiums. And if you're on a fixed income, it can make a huge difference. It can save up to around two hundred a month depending on their income level, combined with their Medicare premium and their part DEEP premium. With the extra help, so it's really a great program.
Speaker 1: This is one of the best nice little additions that I think the elder care has had, and you have them constantly, but this one has really been taking the spotlight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just really helps so many people.
Speaker 1: Now a how do folks of you know get a hold of you to see you know, how this all works and how this fits. Imagine you have people with far more questions than anything else.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yes, they can call me nine eight three three six eight five zero zero and I can talk with them on the phone, or they can make an appointment and come in speak with me and I can help them enroll.
Speaker 2: Well, that's great.
Speaker 1: You know something, when the government starts putting out the paperwork, do you assume everyone has a jurisd doctor.
Speaker 2: That's not the case, very.
Speaker 4: True, And in most of it's on line. So you know, some of our seniors are just not that tech savvy. I'm going to help them with that part as well.
Speaker 5: You know, we we started this just happened in the last few weeks.
Speaker 3: But we're going to partner with a Godey mission.
Speaker 5: Uh and so Deanna actually will go to a God Day mission. It's the first the last Friday of every month from eleven am to one point thirty. She will be at a god Day mission, you know during their when they're do that meal on a Friday, to help people to give them more information to connect them with the benefits Enrollment Center. So that's another you know, you can call this as Deanna said, but you can also go to a Gode mission. And so we're really grateful for that partnership that we're going to have with them to help people get these benefits that they need so much.
Speaker 1: That's a home run, Dianna. Yeah, home running, I think so, because there are a lot of books who probably didn't even know they had things coming right, Yeah, and that they were even eligible. Yeah, and you're going to see the oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Look books. Yeah.
Speaker 5: We we had a wonderful meeting yesterday with some of the leadership from Jane Phillips Medical Center, Ascension and their case she runs all their case management. When she heard about the enrollment center as well, she said, this is fantastic.
Speaker 3: We will start.
Speaker 5: Connecting people to you because they have so many individuals that you know, they're getting ready to discharge.
Speaker 3: Out of the hospital and they need that extra help.
Speaker 5: So we're making some great headway with fantastic partnerships with other wonderful institutions and organizations here in Bartlesfeld.
Speaker 1: It's great, my goodness saying this is going to be probably one of the biggest helping hand absolutely, I mean plural with everybody kind of joining in and they realize what you have and what they already bring to the table. These partnerships are going to pay off big dividends for our seniors.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's the whole purpose.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that start very good stuff. Well, I think chaperones, Yeah, do you need one?
Speaker 3: Do I need one? It's I mean it's a sliding scale.
Speaker 5: Okay, right now I don't okay, but it's a sliding scale, Tom.
Speaker 2: But we do need volunteer chaperones.
Speaker 5: For you know, this is another program. So Deanna has been fourteen years at Eldercare, ten years at Eldercare.
Speaker 3: She's been working, like my god, she's been there. She's been there a long time.
Speaker 5: And we were fortunate this year to receive two different grants, one for that benefits Enrollment center and then the other will be this volunteer chaperone program. And I feel like, you know, getting these grants it's like yay, oh here, Deanna, here's some more things to put on your plate. But we are really we're in the midst of recruiting volunteers for this chaperone program.
Speaker 3: And so what that will be is, if you need a.
Speaker 5: Ride to the doctor's appointment, if you need a ride to an outpatient procedure and you live alone, you're an aging adult, you're a senior, and your family lives elsewhere, call us and we will help schedule a volunteer that will come. They will pick you up, they will take you to the appointment. They may go into the appointment with you to get discharge information or information from the doctor that then they can pass on to your family. So we are really recruiting volunteers right now. Every volunteer will go through CPR Basic Life Saving class that we will teach at elder Care because we have certified trainers, and then they will go through a specific training program for this volunteer chaperone program.
Speaker 3: So really we're going to Our plan.
Speaker 5: Is to pilot this program early October and then it will launch full steam ahead November first. And we already have individuals who have reached out to us and said I have something going on in December, Can I get a ride?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? So we've started a leak.
Speaker 5: So we would love to see, you know, a great group of twenty volunteers just for this program alone. We'd love to see twenty volunteers that we can rely on. And then we will begin with a lot of the individuals that Deanna serves in the case management area. We will begin by helping them, you know, get to an appointment that they need to. But if you're in the community and you need that assistance, call us reach out and we want to be that that help for you during that time.
Speaker 1: Great, great, Great, I'm going to go out up here a little to it because I do just say every now and then, all right, how are we doing on our air conditioners with Project cool Real?
Speaker 5: Let me tell you we just talked about that in our director's meeting yesterday.
Speaker 3: So right now we have put twenty.
Speaker 5: Five air conditioners out the door, which is more than last year. It's thirty four percent thirty three percent more than last year. I think last year we had sixteen or seventeen go out the door. We've had twenty five go out the door. The last one went out the door on Monday or Tuesday, I happened to be back in our facilities area and our director of facilities was loading one up and a truck for somebody. So we're out, which is fantastic. That's wonderful for the people in the community that we've been able to help. So we're gonna I mean, it's what is it, August sixth, and it's going to be one hundred and two today or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're in that street where it's one hundred by day eighty by night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a dry heat, though, Tom it's still a dangerous heat. And you know it's Oklahoma. We're going to have this into September. There's no question about it. That's the way it works.
Speaker 3: I'm grateful that we had a.
Speaker 5: Donation come in this week as well that will allow us to buy more air conditioning units to give out.
Speaker 3: But if anyone wants to donate to.
Speaker 5: The Cool Room Project, we will go buy more AC units and we will get those two more people it. You know, I think I mentioned to you earlier we went from a really rainy, kind of temperate summer.
Speaker 3: To just hot.
Speaker 5: We never had this enjoyable, like it's nice, I can sit outside on the evening.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's maybe a day or two in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, yeah, day and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not good ahead of ourselves. It's day and a half. No, it's uh.
Speaker 5: And I always appreciate that you have been a champion for that.
Speaker 3: Cool Room project.
Speaker 5: It's been fantastic, And like I said, we would take more donations. I think Mark, our facilities manager, said that when he went to Lowe's or he gave that last one out. He went to Low's and they were out of the units that we generally buy to loan. So that doesn't mean we can't get more. But if someone would like to participate by donating to that Cool Room project, man, we would. We would take you up on that.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's go do something. Fine at evening with Clay, he returned much.
Speaker 1: Really treated him well, feding good and had fun with him.
Speaker 2: Last time.
Speaker 5: Clay treated us really well. I hope he feels like we treated him well. You know, he he did agree to come back. We're very grateful that Bob Frasier, who's a member of the Border direct Eldercare, has a very very long standing relationship with Clay self, and so Bob's able to kind of twist his arm and no. But we are excited to have for the second year in a row a fall fundraiser at Eldercare or four Eldercare and we call it an Evening with Clay and Clay self is the house entertainment. He is the house musician for the Buzzard Bar in Ridgdale, Missouri. It's at Big Cedar Lodge, so just outside of Branson. Clay plays there, if I remember correctly, he plays there six nights a week. And yeah, he as a musician, Tom, you know what that's like. It's like, hey, you know four, it's pretty good. Yeah, six, I don't know. Yeah, he is playing every night except Sunday. And for him to get away and not be there for his standing gig at the Buzzard Bar is a big deal. It's hard and it's a big deal. And so he's going to be here Friday, October twenty third. We will be at the Center. We ran out of space where we were last year. We were at the Hillcrest and that was fantastic, but it was crowded, and so we have a little bit more space at the Center in the community room right when you walk in there on the.
Speaker 2: Left, and no visits from the fire Marshal.
Speaker 5: And exactly, we don't want any visits from eachc.
Speaker 3: So this is as I said.
Speaker 5: It's Friday, October twenty third, it begins at seven pm. And at this point in time, we are trying to find individuals, organizations, companies who would sponsor. So we have four sponsorship levels for twenty five hundred dollars. We're calling that the honky Tonk Headliner. That's going to get you a reserve table. And then at your table there's going to be either a bucket of two buckets of beer or a bucket of beer and a bottle of wine, whatever, what's a mix and match however you want it. And then all the premiere As far as marketing, we will list you on our poster, we will list you on our website, we'll do the radio commercials that we're going to do with you all. And and so that's the honky Tonk Headliner twenty five hundred for seventeen hundred and fifty.
Speaker 3: We call that one the two step table sponsor.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, yeah, these are all a little fun little honky Tonks for.
Speaker 2: One thousand, had fun coming up.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 2: You didn't.
Speaker 5: This is all yeah see, I mean this is why I need a chaperone, because you end up with names of sponsorships.
Speaker 3: Like this time.
Speaker 2: Until we got the two step table.
Speaker 5: Two step table, we got the chuck Wagon Chow for one thousand dollars, and then the Sasparilla Saloon sponsor for five hundred and then individual take us for one hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: So and that's all currently.
Speaker 5: You can buy all of that on our website at www dot about eldercare dot org, forward.
Speaker 3: Slash and evening, and.
Speaker 5: Then on there it gives all the information about those sponsorships. You can click another but and it takes you right where you could purchase that sponsorship and all the benefits that come with that.
Speaker 3: So you know, we're excited.
Speaker 5: You know, every dollar raised will go directly to the services at Eldercare, rather that be daybreak, adult day health, whether that be case management, client services, whether that's in home, whether that's the Active Center. The money raise will go directly to the services that help the agent adults. So I encourage people talk to your boss, talk to the owner, talk to the whoever at your church, your faith organization, whoever runs your rotary, say hey, we want to be a sponsor for this, and then we want to go support Eldercare and be a part of a fantastic fun evening in the community. Cash bar, heavy orders from the eatery. I'm telling you, it's a fun time. And Clay self is just such an entertainer. He's absolutely hilarious, a wonderful musician. And he brings a bass player and a fiddle player with him and they will take request. He's going to play songs that everybody's gonna know, whether that be a Hank Snow or Ernest tub or all the way to George Strait everything in between.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: And it's a lot of fun and people are gonna dance and clap and sing and laugh, and you're gonna spport eldercare.
Speaker 3: Way you do it.
Speaker 2: I love it. This is gonna be great. This is great. What's the website again?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, about eldercare dot org.
Speaker 2: That's easy to remember. I can't even remember that. There you go. I want to thank you both for being in.
Speaker 3: Here to thank you Tom.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you folks.
Speaker 1: We've been visiting with Eldercare right here on our community connection