Speaker 1: Let's go, everybody, let's go, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 2: Good morning. This is Ed McMahon. Yeah, now, ladies and gentlemen, he.
Speaker 1: Rode right.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, come on, we gotta get up. The sun's gonna come up today. We're gonna be okay. Regardless if your guy or gall or your candidate came out on top, We're going to be okay. Guys. All right. I knew this day was going to happen. We all knew it was going to happen. We got results now coming in. We have a fish words coming in now. On the election. Last night, it was wild last night, it was wild. I was watching it too, just like you guys. Hopefully you weren't up too late and you're ready to start out your day. Sure, we're going to talk about election results. But you know what, freshout of Bed head to Head, we got two time Hall of Famer the Birdman back at it. He's going for win number two. Scott bird You know, Scotty knows. See how he does this morning on the Fresh out of Bed Head to Head at six twenty Nutcracker Market Tickets November fourteenth through the seventeenth, a Energy Center. We've got tickets for you on the Fun Fact Flashback Bumkins Spice, Price is Right will happen at seven twenty, Monster GM tickets at eight twenty. I got highly selfspect tickets for you on know the show they're playing on Friday night. And I don't see anything over a ten percent chance of rain today, mostly sunny highs of around eighty two. Okay, well, well, yeah, of course we're going to talk about what happened. Do we now know who our next president is going to be?
Speaker 3: Is an official?
Speaker 4: We really do? I'm Donald Trump is the president elect. It was early Wednesday when he secured more than an electoral votes to win the general election.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Trump defeated Vice President Kamala Harris to become only the second president in US history to be elected to non consecutive terms.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of a big deal.
Speaker 4: He basically took a victory lapped after he was projected to win. They're like, Okay, you kind of got this one in the bag. He says America is about to enter a golden age. He spoke before a crowd of supporters in West Palm Beach, Florida. He says he will fight for the people. He vowed to deliver a prosperous America. Meanwhile, Vice President Kamala Harris will speak to crowds this morning. She's expected to speak after losing the bid to become the first woman in oval office. Campaign coachair Cedric Richmond told supporters gathered last night in her election night watch party that Harris will make remarks at her alma mater. So she's going to speak at Howard University.
Speaker 2: They were waiting for her to come out last night and he's just like, no, she'll speak tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, world leaders are congratulating Donald Trump over the victory. You have the Ukraine President Zalinski saying on exit he appreciated Trump's.
Speaker 3: Commitment to peace through strength.
Speaker 4: You have the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Att and Nea who calling is victory a powerful recommitment to the great alliance.
Speaker 3: Between is running us.
Speaker 4: Anyway, everyone kind of like chiming in on this stuff, and it is going to be our headline story this morning.
Speaker 2: So you're in Texas, Ted cru Oh, yeah, Ted Cruise.
Speaker 3: Ted Cruz a third consecutive term.
Speaker 4: There. I believe you had Dan crenshaw Lee also doing victories. I'll get into the more localized stuff as we get a little bit more time in the hours. There was a last minute pull for election day twenty eight percent of American and say, hey, you know what, I don't even care who on if they just wanted the election to be over.
Speaker 3: Maybe we were tired of the commercials. Wherever you fall in that.
Speaker 2: Just maybe you were tired of the commercials. Yeah, you think there's some people that weren't.
Speaker 4: Some people might have been jazzed about him, you know, maybe like the people paying for them.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know. All right, let's switch gears here.
Speaker 4: There's a viral video of Taylor Swift's brother Austin, preventing a fan from being kicked out of Taylor's concert in Indianapolis. So this chick was in full chief's uniform, but she also had a helmet and that's not a So a security guard was like so dangerously close, like no, that's that head piece is allowed, get her out of here. And Austin was like, hey, that's like a pretty cool get up. That's a cool costume. Like let's just uh, let's just take it off and we'll go from there. And it was it was a pretty cool moment he apologized to the fan. He was like, you guys, enjoy the concert, have a great night.
Speaker 3: This is amazing.
Speaker 2: No, Taylor Swept had a brother until this morning, I.
Speaker 4: Kind of remembered and then I was like, oh yeah, but he's like they're all in the family business there, sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So that's our little entertainment story.
Speaker 4: And then Weezer marking their thirtieth anniversary of their debut album The with a retro arcade game.
Speaker 3: So the thirtieth anniversary.
Speaker 4: The band built this game called Weezer's Sweater Saga, and it's not for your phone. It's a traditional stand up arcade game. They have it available for fans to play. It's just down the street from the house where the band lived in when they wrote that first album.
Speaker 3: So those are just a headlights.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Alex. The Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight.
Speaker 5: They're gonna host the Spurs and until youo to Cineria Rockets coming into this one is six and a half point favorites. Tip Off is gonna be at seven o'clock and you can listen to the game over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 2: Ninety that what's going on in sports. Okay, here we go, guys. Listen, it's not gonna be election all day today. I am looking forward to the hype man coming in and uh and coming in and just brilliantly being our narrator for the pumpkins spice price is right, we play that game at seven to twenty. But let's not look past the birdman back in the fresh out of bed. Head to head, guys, if you want the first phone call in homeroom, what do you want to talk about? Anything? Ghost, anything goes for that first phone call. Seven one, three, two, nine five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now. Okay, ninety four to five The Buzz that's Pearl Jam better Man, Rod Ryan Show checking in, Ready for your four hours of pain on a wild card Wednesday, Provember sixth, So wakey, wakey, all that good stuff. I see nothing about a ten percent chance of rain today, mostly sunny, highs of around eighty two, feeling like a little like some fall temperatures. I know you're waking up a lot of people are wondering, Okay, what happened last night? If you didn't stay up late, I made it till and of course I was watching, and I'm bouncing around. I'm more concerned, like on how they're handling it. I like to see how what the mood is in the room. So I went between Fox, CNN, ABC some of the local stuff, but it was all national on the three big broadcasts or four big broadcast networks. And I watched a lot of it last night. I did, and it's just interesting. I look at it as doing this for a living kind of The Fox News crew really was in a good light mood. They knew early, and they knew early, and they were projecting way early that Trump was going to win. It just was a different vibe when you went back and forth, specifically between CNN and Fox. Everybody knows how those stations align, and just the the atmosphere was completely different.
Speaker 3: Really early okay early, the.
Speaker 2: Fox people, the crew they kind of they must have known, I mean, nobody knew, but they were feeling good about how it was going that their guy was gonna win, and the CNN group was just it was just different. I thought ABC did a great job of going right down the middle how it's supposed to be done, how it should be done, and uh, I watched a lot of it so we're gonna be fine. Guys, the sun's gonna come up today. I just told you it's mostly Sonny. I really believe that we're gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be fine.
Speaker 2: We're going to be okay. Even if you know, if if Kamala was your absolute favorite person on the planet, you're gonna be cokay, your son, You're gonna be.
Speaker 3: Fine's gonna come out tomorrow. That's a little orphan any always said.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: I really believe that. I'm not trying to glaze over it. And if you're miserable today and you're upset, I'm not taking it lightly. I'm just saying I just believe in my heart of hearts that we're all going to be okay. All right, that's it. Birdman better be up and ready to go. He's going for win number two, fresh out of bed, head to head Nutcracker Market tickets hype Man today at seven twenty pumpkin spice price is right. Yeah, I firmly believe we're gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: It's that time for the first phone call in the day.
Speaker 2: Adrian gets the first phone call. Hey Adrian, Hey, good morning brother. You think we're gonna be okay, yes, sir, you think we're gonna be all right? Okay, all right, good well, good morning to you, Adrian. What are you doing up so early?
Speaker 5: Ooh?
Speaker 2: Getting ready for school?
Speaker 6: Okay, getting ready? Gotta study. Got a big evam coming up. Uh, nothing to set the dates in the big win.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you about where you're going to school and what you're taking.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm going to am id you can be an aircraft the county.
Speaker 2: So the are you talking about end of the year exams that you're studying for pretty much? Yeah, man, I can't even imagine what year are you in? Uh?
Speaker 6: This is it's just a two year program.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got you? Uh huh okay. So then will you get your certificate at the end of this before the end of the year, and then you'll be off into the job market hopefully hopefully.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, uh, you sign up for your own exams, you pass the hand you part of your certificate, and you just break down the exams. There's like three big ones.
Speaker 2: And then how is the job placement for what you're doing? Will they help you find a job or are you completely on your own?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 6: They they break in the job search for you, but it's mostly like you look up for your own jobs. Yeah, they don't guarantee your once.
Speaker 2: When are all the finals one of your when one of your big tests coming up?
Speaker 6: I got one this afternoon, and then that one probably another three months from now.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: You don't have to be stressed at all, because Rod is just like stressed enough for the both of you.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 4: You have a test this afternoon, and he started studying aircraft mechanics right now.
Speaker 2: I really I suffered from test anxiety. I really did. I knew the material. You know, I did well in college. I did good, but I stressed out over those tests I did. I really had. I mean I was popping thumbs like tic TACs. I had, my stomach was upset the whole deal. I was taking truck or speed, staying up all night over the night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm just just test anxiety. You get to you. Yeah, you know, you read the question, you misread it, and just from there you can get it wrong.
Speaker 2: But I made it through it. We're all going to be okay. That's really my I tell you right now, I'm not sticking my head in the sand. We're all gonna be fine, You're gonna be fine, Adrian. Thanks for getting the starting man, bro. Good luck on those tests. Good luck, thanks for starting your day off for those man. I appreciate you, I really do. Let me take a short break, let me come back on a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the.
Speaker 8: Games Rocky and al Tan and very soon.
Speaker 2: Ryan Morning Show ninety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Wild Card Wednesday, ten percent chance rained today mostly sunny eyes of around eighty two. Okay, let's go.
Speaker 4: So you know what the biggest story is. It's President Trump winning with two hundred and seventy six electoral votes. He's taking his victory lap right now. We're going to talk about that so much in headlines though, but it is every that is every trend. If you go to Google trends, people in their respective states are looking for election results. People woke up twenty twenty four US election results. People want to know that.
Speaker 3: More than ten million guys.
Speaker 4: Usually the number one trending story, it has about two million searches. People ten million plus people are googling what the election results are this morning. So it's a very big trend and it is also our headline.
Speaker 3: You guys.
Speaker 4: In the break, the guys were kind of talking about which networks that we're flipping back and forth back and forth between. Steve Karanaki is the man when it comes to election analysis. He has built this fan base that has.
Speaker 3: People locked in on him.
Speaker 4: Now usually they go to him when he is pulling up the counties and you know, going here, going there. He has such a large fan base that they gave him his own live cam last night.
Speaker 2: Oh really, even go and see him.
Speaker 4: You can watch every move you like, Steve Karnaki. You can watch him behind the scenes. It was called the Karnaki Cam and it mostly caught him drinking a lot of coffee and going over his notes.
Speaker 3: He has notes and coffee, people, that's what he does.
Speaker 2: Does it say what what network he was on? I didn't see him NBC, Okay, I didn't see him last night. But yeah, he's kind of like how we talk about the can Man, Jim Cantre. Yeah, you know, like he's the breakout star of that whole map thing exactly.
Speaker 4: And if you are in that section of people that's like, you know, I'm not googling election results. I'm not doing that. Well, then maybe you're clicking on the wild Card Wednesday, okay, because that's on links.
Speaker 3: And guests and that.
Speaker 4: Right now, as it's stands, this is our most popular blog page. That's what's trending on ninety four five The Bus.
Speaker 2: All right, where's the bird Man?
Speaker 9: Good morning everybody. This is Scott You're fresh out of bed Head to head one Day Champion. The last time I played, I was one question away from the final game of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Sometime I got back in it, you know.
Speaker 9: Me on Wednesday when I make a win number two and start this street back.
Speaker 2: Come.
Speaker 9: Scotty knows, bitches.
Speaker 2: Scotty knows. That's his thing. If you want to take on the bird Man, it is Scotty Bird seven one three two one two five Jilly short song we play in a minute and a half. The rod Ryan Show, Good morning, so ninety four five The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. On a wild card Wednesday. Test to tell me that's getting a couple of looks this morning. That's good. I'm glad you're looking at our website. The Buzz dot Com you log onto The Ryan Show, the world famous Rod Ryan Show blog page, and there's a lot on their food blog page today, interesting things, the Looking at Girls, a lot of birthdays today. Finally caught up on all that Beyonce stuff. Man, that stuff came out after we went on the air yesterday. I missed out on Beyonce.
Speaker 4: Her Bodyguard video, all of the yeah and all of those different Ham Anderson looks.
Speaker 2: Ham Anderson looks, man, It's awesome. It is awesome. So yeah, Looking at Girls blog page is packed today, mostly sunny. Ten percent chance of rain hies up around eighty two. Now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 8: The listeners to your corners.
Speaker 2: The Birdman Scotty Bird, good morning, Good morning, sir, going for win number two today. Hi's right? Okay, Oh this is interesting, Tessa. This is Craig. Craig Craig. This is Craig Craig. Craig was known for one word whatever, Oh, and he hung up on us.
Speaker 3: He's back.
Speaker 2: Craig's the whatever guy.
Speaker 3: I love the whatever guy.
Speaker 2: H Craig, how y'all doing? I didn't care for the whatever, To be honest with you, well, I love that he was.
Speaker 4: I mean, I didn't love the way it made me feel, but I love that he was, you know, just so so committed.
Speaker 2: Whatever, just whatever was it? He dropped it whatever and left. But he's been back a couple of times. Greg, Craig, Good to have you back on. Tell me about your wins on this game? What's going on? I got one?
Speaker 3: There you go, Yeah you do.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you sticking with it. I'm not looking forward to him. I'm not looking forward to you dropping another whatever on me. And that was a one time thing with me. Okay. I like to have a good time, but don't be pulling that on me again. Good.
Speaker 3: That's up to you Rod how he acts.
Speaker 2: Really, I think it's up to him and how he plays today. What are they playing for?
Speaker 4: I have a fair of tickets to see duezl Zappa at.
Speaker 3: House of Blues January fifteenth.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. I'm listening for Scott. I'm listening for Craig. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Question number one? What was the largest social network before Facebook? Scott, Scott, my face Birdman gets the Square. My Space was Tom Right. We were all friends with Tom you had no choice. You had no choice but to be friends with Tom like that. Couldn't get rid of him. He was he had to be one of your top guys. All right, here we go. Tell me the safari animal that is infamous for its laughing, Scott, Scott Birdman. Yeah, now listen here, whatever guy he got you?
Speaker 4: All right, come on, you know you want to say it, dude.
Speaker 2: I appreciate your restraint on that. Craig, Craig, have a great day. What oh, cut out? Craig's cutting out a little bit. All right, hey bird Man, two questions to answer? Is nice win today? Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Thank you for beating to whatever guy. I really never recovered from that. I didn't it still it's still stings a little bit. I know you guys laugh. It hurts. It hurts. Scott. You want to play tomorrow? Yep?
Speaker 7: I'm down all right, right right show celebrating twenty years ninety four five the Buzz ninety four or five of the Buzz.
Speaker 2: That's pod and alive. We're all alive.
Speaker 3: Here, right, Oh yeah, last track.
Speaker 2: Son's gonna come out again. I'm getting lit up by this guy this morning.
Speaker 3: Oh please forward it to me.
Speaker 2: I take this morning. Listen, my take this morning is what it always is on this show. Okay, we're gonna be okay. We're gonna be fine. Whether Kamala one this morning or Trump won, I was gonna come in here and say we're gonna be fine. Guys, Okay, I'm going to be fine. I'm going to be okay, We're going to be fine. The son's gonna come up today, Son's gonna come up tomorrow. I say it again, We're gonna be fine. Okay, listener quote I think we're gonna be okay. Spoken from a true Caucasian dude. Minorities rod are not equal in the in his eyes, I work in a climate change justice company. Please don't ever say that again in the morning broadcast. I'm sure Tessa and Chilly feel it too. They won't say that out loud. He's running hot this morning.
Speaker 4: Don't don't put my name, don't put moth bro.
Speaker 2: He's telling you what you will and won't say.
Speaker 4: I will say the news, the headlines, and I too will probably get some emails like that.
Speaker 3: He but listen, I went to bed before. I didn't. I didn't stay up late watching all this like you guys.
Speaker 2: I did stay up, and it's I mean.
Speaker 4: Of course, I wake up and I'm I need to get brief because I need to be informed, because I need to like give the news.
Speaker 2: But I'm not one of these.
Speaker 3: I'm not one of these.
Speaker 2: I vote.
Speaker 4: I did vote yesterday, and I'll tell you why, because I found a precinct that had no wait time and I went in and I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 4: I went in yesterday, and had I had it been a long wait, I don't know that I would have.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know all of those did how long I would have waited in line?
Speaker 2: So you voted so you can say that you took part in the I did my part.
Speaker 3: I did my part all right.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I am not gonna be told not to say something. We're gonna be okay, I repeat, I doubled down on what I said. We're all gonna be fine. We're gonna be fine. I don't know about his specific business, what he does for a living. He said, like, dude, I'm not gonna be fine. I feel bad for somebody that is deeply directly affected. I do feel bad for somebody, like are you losing your job over these results? Because then I feel bad. I feel bad that you're losing your job over this. But man, I just I don't have the type of job where it I wake up and depending on who's the president, I don't lose my job. So I guess I can't relate to him if that is truly what's happening with him. I feel awful about that, of course I do.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 4: And that's like to say, like, oh, man, the climate doesn't matter to you, then the like that's not true either, dude, Like that's not true.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I get it. I understand emotions. People run and hot this morning. Man, it is so hard to go right down the middle of the road. But that's what we do, and that's what I do, and that's what I maintain.
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of rain, mostly sunny, high of eighty two. The Fresh out of Bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion, where's the bird man?
Speaker 9: Good morning, everybody. It's got your fresh out of bed two day champions.
Speaker 2: No one pump jump here.
Speaker 9: But whatever, I'm to focus on the next game. Join me on Thursday when I make it, win the Mercury and get one step closer to the hall, because I.
Speaker 2: Didn't even catch he does those speeches on his own. I didn't even catch the whatever he did he like that? Did you know when he did it? I did not until just now, me too, I was listening while he was cutting it. I just I didn't catch. You know what. I hope he gets it all. I was gonna say it, nice little nod because we need too more people. But by I hope he gets all. A little nod to the whatever.
Speaker 3: One more person.
Speaker 2: Back to the day. Let's go.
Speaker 10: We make you look smart and your body the FuG back to the day.
Speaker 2: Hey, hell, good morning, brother, hug, good morning, Good morning, sir. I brought in some fun facts for you guys. I was gonna bring in fun facts regardless of what happened last night, right. I was just gonna do this. I was gonna do the bit. I was gonna do all the bits today. All the bits were planned already, nothing was going to change. Well, they needed bits. Some of you may have heard of this before. I think it'll be new to some of you. Gatorade. Gatorade was created in nineteen sixty five. Researchers were formulating a drink to rehydrate the athletes at the University of Florida, and since the school's nickname is the Florida Gators, the initial idea came to call it gatorade. So the earliest versions consisted of a mixture of water, sodium, sugar, potassium phosphate, and real lemon juice. I'll tell you what gatorade used to bite. I remember my dad was a workout guy, and my dad used to run, and he drank those early early versions of gatorade in the eighties at least, and it tasted completely different. I remember taking a sip of it and going, holy, I mean it was a bit hard.
Speaker 5: I remember the commercials it had the old doctor guy that helped.
Speaker 2: Formula say, well, naturally we just called it gatorade. Well they did retro commercials. Yeah, like that.
Speaker 4: Anytime I see Wondria gear Reid, I go, you running a marathon later, because why else.
Speaker 3: You would you be gator aid.
Speaker 2: Yeah. White elephant gifts got their name from an old practice by kings in Asia where if they were upset with a subject, they'd give them a rare i bet albino elephant, which is expensive and very difficult to maintain.
Speaker 4: That is fun.
Speaker 11: The gray ones so hard to maintain too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would imagine care for any elephant of any color of any kind would be very would get difficult, but the white ones apparently were more difficult. Quaker Oats, I just bought some oatmeal yesterday. Cool story, Rod Neat. Quaker Oats briefly owned a video game company from nineteen eighty two to nineteen eighty three. They made atari games. They released fourteen of them, and it goes against being a Quaker. Nothing was a hit. They shut down the division. I don't even know what those fourteen games are.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 2: You have it, guys.
Speaker 10: It's the fuck that's to the day. We make you look smart and funny, your buddies, it's the fucks to the day.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's you giving away over there?
Speaker 4: I have a four pack of tickets to the twenty twenty four Nutcracker market happening at Energy.
Speaker 2: So it's your fun back that I was doing all of this today, regardless of what the outcome was.
Speaker 11: Right. I think your mom was playing one of those Quaker games, like farm Town or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was that Farmville? My mom was doing it. Your wife was playing that far That was a Facebook game.
Speaker 3: They were growing things on their land digitally.
Speaker 2: Trading sheep for nails and boards. I didn't understand any of it. Here's your fun fact flashback. I have more journalism training than this person. This person got his degree in political science from Yale and then did summer internships with the CIA, and all of a sudden, it is one of the biggest broadcasters out there on television. Who is this person? Seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. Okay, there he is. That's our money, honey, right there. Hi. Hell, good morning, brother Rod. I'll be to one Wall Street.
Speaker 11: Yesterday it was a good dan on Wall Street. The Dow was up four hundred and twenty seven points. Kick off this morning at forty two thy two twenty one. NAZDAK up two hundred and fifty nine to eighteen thousand, four hundred and thirty nine bench Maartener Treasuries trading at a four point four to seven percent, and oil STANDSUS seventy one dollars seven cents of barrow to. The most active is the big Studs, Intel, Goldma, Sachs, and Amex. The big duds, Boeing, Chevron, and Murk on the economic calendar. This morning we'll get numbers on the Surfaces index for September. Also this afternoon we get the Fed's decision on overnight interest rates. Right now, futures looking pretty good. They are on the up side. Hang on to this. They'll be a positive opening right here on Wall Street too.
Speaker 2: Some of those futures that I've cit that I saw, I've never seen that before. They're up there. It's the craziest numbers I've ever seen for futures.
Speaker 11: Sky high hell and managed our Ryman James proof of the rod Ryans Show from Ramon James on the same flip. Then we got some dificant toys rock out with their stock out come on.
Speaker 12: Viman's expressed those of all Land and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates, Income, Ember, nysd AS, IBC, I, ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 2: We'll continue.
Speaker 12: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services on the Stones, duds are based on movement, as reported by Young.
Speaker 2: Fenty Ford five The Buzz Welcome back, Rob Ryan Show hit it sure? Okay, Hey, good morning. Who's this.
Speaker 4: Maya?
Speaker 2: Hi Daniel, welcome to the show. How are you today? Pretty good? Doing well? Thank you for asking? Uh this uh, this guy, this guy right here, Look at this guy. This guy does not have any formal journalism training. I guess I do. Oh yeah, you went to school for school for broadcasting, but he got his degree in political science. He's no dummy. He went to Yale and he did his summer internships with the CIA. Who do I have more formal journalism training then? Anathon Cooper Anderson Cooper?
Speaker 13: Yeah, but who's got more money?
Speaker 2: Anderson Cooper?
Speaker 5: So sharp?
Speaker 3: Thanks your sharp?
Speaker 2: But Henreerson Cooper, He's got a lot more money than me. Congratulations, you're the winner on the fun Fact Flashback, what are you giving? Daniel?
Speaker 4: You get a four pack of tickets to the Nutcracker market. It seems gonna be insane. Shop to you drop for Christmas?
Speaker 2: My friend.
Speaker 3: Congrats.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you guys, love it so thank you list every day, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, thank you, Daniel. I appreciate you. I I really do. I appreciate every single one of you waking up joining us today. So I talked a little bit about the Food Fighters yesterday on the show, which we haven't talked about them much because Dave Grohl has just completely gone, you know, missing. Somebody did find a picture of him coming out of a spirit Halloween. He was shopping with one of his daughters for Halloween for Halloween decorations. Here's the Food Fighters ninety four to five bus ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. My favorite band, my favorite song still food Fighters ever long. Well, I really do mean it when I say it. I hope you're off to a great start to your day today. I realized last night was a wild night and a bumpy ride for some of you. Mostly sunny today, ten percent chance of rain, highs of around eighty two and election numbers are in now there's some official things that are being called right.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Donald Trump has won the twenty twenty four election. He defeated Vice President Kamala Harris early last night in an election that really came down to the swing States.
Speaker 3: Harris is expected to speak this morning after.
Speaker 4: Losing her bid to become the first woman in Oval office. So not only in the presidential race, but they're also projecting the Republican Party will reclaim control of the Senate. The GUP needed to flip only two seats, so I believe it was in Ohio. And yeah, the Ohio Republican won Tuesday over Democrat incumbent.
Speaker 3: And I don't know who.
Speaker 4: The other one was, but as of early Wednesday, the race for Harris County District Attorney, that one was a little too close to call. So is Kim Ogg and is it over August August? I still don't know the Democratic candidate. That one was a little close. And then the voters rejected Houston id's four point four billion dollar bond proposal, so that one was rejected. And then we had talked about Ted Cruz winning a third term.
Speaker 3: He defeated Democratic challenger Colin Allred.
Speaker 4: Cruise Is ten point margin of victory was wider than many polsters had expected. I mean, no Democrat has carried Texas since Jimmy Carter in nineteen seventy six, So Texas staying red.
Speaker 3: And I mean, am I am I missing anything? Did you want any specific numbers.
Speaker 2: No, you can get all that stuff elsewhere. It's this is the big stuff. And again, it's so polarizing and it's upsetting to some Some people are celebrating. What are you gonna do? It's like, we got to talk about it. That's what happened last night, guys. That's it.
Speaker 4: My my thing is it like I get people. Here's the thing. I figured close to half people one way or the other are gonna be upset. Does that mean you stop advocating for the things you care about? Like that climate guy, that climate drap. Does that mean he stops caring about what he cares about? Or do you still advocate? Do you still are you still personally committed to change in the one area that's really important to you? I mean that doesn't like like is who is in the White House affect you as a person, Like You're.
Speaker 3: Gonna now change your whole spiel because I'm certainly not.
Speaker 2: I'm certainly not how I feel like. I hate to sound so shallow, but my toasted this morning, my car started, my kids healthy, my key card opened the door of the building. I still have my job. I'm gonna go about my life right, I'm gonna go about my life.
Speaker 4: So you know, there's comments. It's like you're either in one of two boats. You're either thinking, okay, I almost lost faith in humanity there for a second, I've lost faith in humanity, Like do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like they're so like we're so similar, but we're so divided. So that's that's my whole thing.
Speaker 4: I'll get off my soapbox now because there is other stuff to talk about this morning.
Speaker 3: What else National Nacho Day? Hello?
Speaker 4: A poll found eighty percent of Americans like nachos, five percent don't, at fifteen are neutral.
Speaker 2: Oh whoa, whoa? Who doesn't? How many people don't.
Speaker 4: Like nachos five five percent? But listen that eighty percent of Americans that like them. That's good enough to make them our favorite Mexican food. Burritos are next at seventy nine percent. I'm more of a tacos girl myself, but burritos really are are bigger in other parts of the Like tacos is very Texas.
Speaker 3: Is nachos Mexican food?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like that's American.
Speaker 4: Not really like, yeah, you know what, that's a good question. I feel like it is a fusion an American Mexican fusion for sure, Burrito's, kiesadillas, fihiitas, salsa.
Speaker 3: I mean, do we not love all of those things?
Speaker 2: Happy Nacho Day, everybody than you and with your spirit, heay be upset on Nacho Day. You can't be upset on Nacho Day.
Speaker 3: Here's you're talking, Okay.
Speaker 4: A neighbor of the Goonies house in Astoria, Oregon put up a sign.
Speaker 3: And saying Goonie's not welcome. So the owner put up a.
Speaker 4: Sign and said, hey, you guys, Goony's welcome. So basically there's a little bit of back and forth. This dude who bought the house two years ago for one point sixty five million dollars. He loves the movie and he welcomes new fans, but the neighbors are not.
Speaker 2: They're not into it. It's if you think about the Goonies, it's a dead end street. I don't think they allow cars to go down there unless you are a resident. So people walk and it's the Gooney House. I mean, I can't live in next to a house like that. I get it. So here's the thing. If it was the owner of the house that was upset, I would say, Okay, the owner is all about fans coming by and taking pictures. It's it's the neighbors that are putting up a stink about it.
Speaker 5: The brandy bad house that lady freaks out on people that go take pictures with it. That gets like, yeah, you should you should adhere to what she's saying because it's her house.
Speaker 2: There had to be another house that she could have bought that. I'm not saying that people can be rude and into your property and do all of that, but if you buy a celebrity house, you buy, if you buy the full house house what you already owned it.
Speaker 3: You want to monetize.
Speaker 2: People are going to take pictures of your house all the time. I went to go see it when I went to San Francisco. Yeah, and I went to go see the Missus Doubt fire House, which is around the corner there.
Speaker 3: You go and did neighbors take hipisode way?
Speaker 2: There's just people out there. There's just people out there. That's more of the sidewalk. You're just on the sidewalk in those situation.
Speaker 4: You may not have known this, but your brain prefers live music to something prerecorded. I think a lot of our listeners already knew that it's science. A neurosurgeon who goes by doctor Nas on Instagram posted a video explaining why he said live music will activate activate entire brain networks involving experiencing pleasure, processing emotion, and retriggering memories of the past. The bigger the brain experience, especially the emotional parts of your brain, the more deeply you are struck, the more you are immersed in that music. The rhythm, the intensity and speed of notes is slightly different from what you hear on Spotify, and your brain loves it because it can't predict what's next. It's like a little treat to your brain.
Speaker 2: You know who does a good job of this? Classic rock? Classic rock will kind of catch you off guard once in a while and they'll play like a live version of a song. I like it. I prefer I do like live albums too. Oh I don't always. I don't always watching them.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll watch them on YouTube.
Speaker 2: But I agree with the science behind it that there's sometimes when you just kind of hear something and you're liking that little tempo change and you're liking how they changed it up live. And I don't think we do that enough here. We have live versions of songs, and I wish we kind of sprinkled them in a little more often.
Speaker 3: Well, those are using deadlines, all right, what you got in sports?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's that. Let's do that out you go a little okay, Well, so this works too. Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight.
Speaker 5: They're hosting the Spurs at the Toyota Center. Tip off's gonna be at seven. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In some football news, the first college football playoff rankings of the year came out last night. If the season ended today, the top four teams in the playoff would be Oregon, Ohio State, Georgia, and Miami. Texas was ranked fifth, so they'd make the playoff and A and M would be the second team left out of a twelve team playoff. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Alex Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The Rod.
Speaker 12: This Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 2: Buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show. System of a Down Aerials. Welcome to the seven o'clock hour. Everybody. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you. If you're just joining us. Wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky. It's a big hour for us because of course it's the Pumpkins spice price is right is coming up. I see Alex here, which is great. Good to have you on board. Alex. Stick around? Uh no should I can't stick around. I have to hear some election recap meeting. They're really.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: No doesn't pertain to me. I don't understand why I got to go to this. It doesn't really pertain to us at all. Here. I'll speak to you on that office. I stick around. Yeah, State would chance ray mostly Sonny highs of around eighty two. It's good timing. I would have given this a mention regardless. It's not always the day after the election. But if you heard that little montage off the top of the hour, it's National Stress Awareness Day.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: It seems like it maybe should always be the day after these big elections. A group called the International Stress Management Association came up with it years ago as a way to remind us that there's no point in stressing over things you can't control, which is easier said than done. I understand that, as as conveyed to you in an email this morning, when I can't kind of came in and he wasn't accusing me of sounding too happy today. He just didn't like my message of Hey, we're all going to be okay, the sun's going to rise today. I said that my toast toasted. I said that my car started. I said that my key card work to get me in the building today. I said, those are the things that were I think we're going to happen regardless of the of the outcome of the election. Last night. He did not like that message. This morning, he kind of lit me up a little bit. National Stress Awareness Day. I would have talked about it either way. Their theme this year is campaigning to reduce stress and improve well being. Now let me just tell you I'm done with the word campaigning personally. I'm done that. I am done with anything regarding campaigning. So I don't know if I like that message. But if you're feeling stressed, they got Elmo, they got all the sesame street people that have been kind of trending on socials. All the characters are on board with National Stress Awareness Day. You want to hear from and I'm not doing the voices. I can't do the voices Snuffleophagus is out there, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Bert, Elmo, They're all They all have messages. Is there anyone you'd like to hear from? Particularly Elma, Elmo Witch, Elmo? Oh wait a minute, maybe we should have you do this. Elmo loves you, and Elmo will remind you every day if you need him to. One person replied yesterday and said, can I check with you tomorrow? On that? It was yesterday's Elmo message? What Big Bird says, be kind, be you, be a good friend?
Speaker 3: Done?
Speaker 2: Sesame Street. Big Bird Sesame Street came out in nineteen sixty nine. These characters. I know Elmo wasn't on board, but you know Cookie Monster and Big Bird are they still my go to?
Speaker 4: After they stick at you straight right, they keep it, They keep it one hundred and that's why they've made it this long.
Speaker 2: Cookie Monster wrote, it's okay to take break today. It even better if it includes cookies.
Speaker 4: Bright you're always trying to sing, why don't you try to do the voices?
Speaker 2: It's okay to take great because I was really afraid that my Cookie Monster was gonna you were gonna accuse me of doing my Texas Hammer voice. Mister shus if I can kind of remember, I don't remember his voice. Whatever. I feel overwhelmed. My mommy tells me go outside, take a deep breath, enjoy a moment of nature.
Speaker 3: I mean that's pretty good because I don't remember that.
Speaker 2: I think that's how talks. Sure, all right, I almost say my almost pretty good. Your Elmo is good. It's National Stress Awareness Day.
Speaker 3: I'm aware.
Speaker 2: I'm aware too. Okay, we're doing some things today. Rights, we're doing what what?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Nothing's gonna take my mind off of anything. The Pumpkins Vice Price is right, the hype, it's going to join us in studio. I've invited Alex to stick around. I have to go to this stupid meeting.
Speaker 5: Dude, Alex, you guys, I've been trying to get me out of this rod.
Speaker 2: I will. I will get you out of this. All right, we'll see Pumpkins Bice, Price is right is coming up. We'll have three of you play today. Tried to win some of those Chelsea Handler tickets. November fifteenth, she will be live at the Smart Financial Center at sugar Land. I managed to show us some things to say about what happened last night on her set. We'll be asking you to call in and come on down after the break. So Sit Tights, Rock and Alternative Faver. He use to The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Okay, exciting times around here because we're getting ready for the pumpkins'pice prices, right, so there's always a good feeling in the air as we're getting ready for that game. Ten percent chance of rain, mostly sunny highs of around eighty two up to a twenty percent chance of rain tonight. Okay, So all things election trending, I mean, it's just dominating everything I see on the internet right now.
Speaker 4: Definitely everything elections trending. The pre market futures have been surging. I don't know if you guys watched that. How had kind of mentioned it when he did his thing.
Speaker 2: I talked to this day trader guy that listens to us, Joe Smith in the morning. Huh ho about Joe Trades if you want to follow him on his YouTube channel. I asked him, I said, dude, have you ever seen numbers like this before in futures? And He's just like, not a long long time.
Speaker 4: The dollar index also climbing to its highest level since July.
Speaker 3: This is on the.
Speaker 4: Belief that Trump's tariffs are going to boost the dollar. Bitcoin soaring could be a wild day.
Speaker 3: Doubt Jones.
Speaker 4: So yeah, money matters definitely trending over there.
Speaker 3: You had already met the.
Speaker 4: Election we're talking about in every headlines. I do have a little bit of tea. Do you remember last week when I told you Zach Bryan and his little girlfriend Rihanna chicken Fry, who is good friends with Dave Portnoy, president of Barstool Sports, they had broken up, like he's kind of a jerk, and there's kind.
Speaker 2: Of via text message or something like he.
Speaker 3: Had like posted it on social.
Speaker 4: Well, yesterday when tension was like an all time high because of the election, Dave Portnoy on his socials releases this video and it's a disc track on Zach Bryan talking about how he lies about being six foot tall, he needs chapstick, he is a complainer, And you were like, you know what, Dave, this is exactly what we needed right now. Thank you so much for this Zach Ryan disk track.
Speaker 2: Sounds like me, I lie about being six feet tall every day. I need chapstick, And sure that's not about me.
Speaker 3: No, it's not. No, your lips are moisturize.
Speaker 2: I'm five eleven and three quarters. Get off me.
Speaker 4: Only Jesus is exactly six foot Yeah you know that. Okay, that's what's trending on Eddy four five the buzz silly stuff.
Speaker 14: Okay, guys, yeah, nothing takes my mind off the world like the Pumpkin Spice.
Speaker 2: Chris is right. I need three players to come on down. I did check him at Cholly. He had originally asked me for this day off check him in way too, jolly. Okay, good, you get my big stretch.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I'm stressed out over here.
Speaker 2: Bro. It's it's national not don't be stressed out Day. It's Stress Awareness Day? Are you so you're aware of your stress? I'm aware now of your stress. Okay, dude, can you take three contestants and get them to come on down and do all that you? All right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm stressed out.
Speaker 4: Somebody came in here and messed up the whole studio two soul, I hear you at all?
Speaker 2: Oh you can't hear me? All right, Well, listen, I'm calling for you to play the Pumpkin Spice. Price is right, hype man will be joining us.
Speaker 15: We're inviting Alex to stick around, meeting the game Wow seven one.
Speaker 2: Three, two one two five nine five. If you want to play, you stay right there, dude, I got to this mood day. Let me talk election, grab some wood, sit down, fortunately, change sit your ass. So my mom would say, sit your ass right now. I'll go get the hype man. You stay there, I'll get him. See. Oh, you're playing for Chelsea Handlo tickets. Here's the off spring. The kids aren't all right home on let's do this ninety four or five the buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show on a wild guard.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Hey, hypee.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Ten percent chance of rain, mostly sunny, highs of around eighty two. Just as I'm going to what we call in the business, as I go to crack the mic, meaning when I turn on the microphone getting ready to talk to you, the hype man just kind of busting through the door. He hypee, how are you still great? Right? Doing great? I invited Alex to stick around. Did you see him out there?
Speaker 3: He said he had some election meeting you had to go to.
Speaker 2: It's weird. We shouldn't really be involved in that stuff to do. I thought it was a little lot, a little lot. If you ask me, I can't look at you. I can't look at you. Why what is it my nose?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Good to have you in Hybee. I wish Alice could have experienced this one time. I know he didn't like it, as he's just he's a radio fan. I know he would like this bit. Listen, it's still the sweeping sensation that's sweeping the nation. It's time to play. But pump gets nice.
Speaker 1: Cry it's right.
Speaker 3: H oh god, a lot of treat.
Speaker 15: Let's go meet our contestants here, okay, and let's get Let's get a few of you to come on down. Hey, Josh, Josh, come on down, Jock jo oh Man.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Rod Rock, cool family, doing great, Josho. It's so great to have you on today. You are going to be bidding first. You are contestant number one. Please don't go anywhere. Next up would be Blanca. Come on down, Blanco. Hello, good morning.
Speaker 3: Blanco. No, it's Blanco.
Speaker 2: Hi Blanca. You are going to be bidding number two. Okay, you're you're contested number two this morning, and then last we please Blanca just hang right there. And then contestant number three, Hannah, come on down.
Speaker 16: Good morning, Hi Hannah.
Speaker 2: It's so great to have you on the Pumpkin Spice price is right today.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: It's so great, Thank you, thank you so much. We got josh Blanca and or josh O Blanco and Hanno right now.
Speaker 1: That's how it is.
Speaker 13: Is that what's happening here, that is the correct Well, there's really only one thing left to do is have the hype man do what he does, and that would be to describe today's Pumpkin Spice item, available on retail shelves this fall season.
Speaker 5: What do you have, my friend, well Rod, Today's item is Don's Pumpkin Spice Dish ray.
Speaker 16: Now your dishes won't just smell clean, they'll smell like fall two. This limited edition Pumpkin Spice and Fuse dish washing spray cuts through grease and grimes five dimes faster than Tratatonal dish soaps, providing an.
Speaker 5: Easy spray on cleaning method for dishes and other kitchen services.
Speaker 3: Crata Tonaltatonal.
Speaker 2: Did you have a problem with the word traditional. It's French, it's strata total.
Speaker 8: He's really done.
Speaker 2: Well, Okay, you know what they say, gang, if your sinks getting.
Speaker 16: Pray, clean those dishes with a pumpkin spice spray. Nobody says sixty eight abds bottle of pumpkin spice dish ray from.
Speaker 2: The fine fox at Everybody.
Speaker 3: Says okay, cratison.
Speaker 10: Crata, tonaltonal and again, I just I.
Speaker 2: Take issue with you know what they say? Who are they they say it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What is the saying when your dishes get cray hit it with the spro.
Speaker 2: And spice pray.
Speaker 16: Everybody says that I heard several times a day.
Speaker 5: Oh hello, Josh, you know what they say?
Speaker 2: All right, thank you. Hype Contest number one, Josh, what is your bit on the sixteen ounce bottle of pumpkin spice dish spray from the fine folks at dawn.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go five dollars, five dollars eighty one cent.
Speaker 2: Okay, five eighty one, five eighty one very specific? Yes, okay, stay right there. Next up is going to be blanca or blanco blanco. What is your bid on the down pumpkin spice dish spray. I'm gonna go with six forty five, all right, six dollars all right, Blanca, Last, but not least is going to be Hannah. Hannah, what is your bid on the sixteen ounce bottle of don Pumpkin Spice dish spray.
Speaker 3: You're gonna go with five ninety.
Speaker 2: Five ninety very specific on these today. Five ninety is the bid. The contestant who comes closes without going over the actual retail price will be our winner today. And I don't know if we can just maybe get one more from uh the hype man. You sure care? Could you help us with that actual retail price?
Speaker 16: Well, the actual retail price for Don's Pumpkin Spice dispray is five dollars and ninety four cents.
Speaker 17: Whoa, Wow, hallo Hana Hannah, whoa whoa with a bit.
Speaker 2: Of five ninety you were off by four cents on the dawn Pumpkins Spice dish spray. You are the winner of today's pumpkin spice price is right?
Speaker 16: Hey, awesome, thank you, Wow, great job today.
Speaker 2: I have a studio audience loves it. What are you giving Hannah for that fine effort?
Speaker 4: Well, she'll get a pair of tickets to see Chelsea Handler at Smart Financial Center November fifteenth. Tickets rounds on outlive nation dot com. But she want them playing the pumpkins spice prices.
Speaker 2: Right, wow, all right, thank you so much, good stuff, Hannah, Thank you Josh and Blanca for playing this morning, and thank you to the hype man. You know, would would you ever consider sticking around a little longer past the game or I got to rule it Ryot over Clay Roses, you know what it is.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I really thought.
Speaker 2: We had the exclusive mind didn't didn't. I was just going over to other companies on the radio shows, so many gigs was all ours, busy guy. Well, thank you hype man. That's always a pleasure having.
Speaker 7: You on, and joined Daniel The Rod Ryan Show ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four five the Buzz, Good morning Rot Ryan's Show. You know one thing that I do notice, I mean, there's a lot of things that go along with the pumpkins spice prices. Right there's Alex. It was a short meeting today, huh, yeah.
Speaker 7: They were.
Speaker 5: They asked me to break down like the electoral college map, and I was like red is where the Cardinals are and Blue is the Blue Jays are.
Speaker 2: They kicked me out of the meeting, so I do in the future just make up stuff. Well, you missed a fine, fine episode of the Pumpkins Spice Prices, right, and I do notice. It's kind of funny you see a spike in the viewership. This is the radio show, Rod, We're on the radio right. Well, we are also on Facebook Live. We're also live on our YouTube channel, and you can see a spike during the game. People want to see well, of course the hype man, I mean, and it's clearly another person. People want to see what I was meeting. Yeah, yeah, I'm back in that play back in that play I don't always like it. I'd like you to stick around. I would to dude, I hate having a good meetings. It's weird. Is only during Pumpkin Spice season too, it's odd. The word baffling, Yeah, it is something that like I would, I would agree with you on that. It hits my frontal lobe. Baffling that that happens at the same time every week. Uh, you know, I don't. There's there's some things that go up on links and guests and she'll is like, hey, man, he sent me all this stuff to put up, and then you don't mention half of them, and he gets his feelings hurt. I never talk about the Crazy Criminal blog page, which is up almost every day. There's a food blog page up every day. There's three things today. As a matter of fact, today is four things you must see. I couldn't contain I couldn't contain it with three. But this one is. It's so ridiculous. The in the Crazy Criminal blog page today and every now and then you got to just kind of appreciate a truly ridiculous crime scene, and this is one of them. So someone was in a Neon Green cyber truck, one of those new Tesla crazy trucks. This one's Neon green, which I think people are getting wrapped run. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like the way they design them.
Speaker 2: And it's not theirs. They borrowed the car or the truck from the car sharing app Touro. Oh yeah, So you can put your car out there and let people use your car for money.
Speaker 3: But you can't redesign it can No, they didn't.
Speaker 2: It was already Neon green. The guy borrowed the Neon Green cyber truck on the car sharing app Turok. The problem is the person that borrowed the car crashed it chasing down a porch pirate who had stolen a package from their property. Now there's still details rolling in, but I've got video this morning from the cyber truck which seems to show the river forcing the supposed thief off the road and rammed them using the cyber truck that it's not bears ramming the porch pirate and forcing them into a nearby tree.
Speaker 5: Now does this count like when a cop in movies he's like, hey, I need your vehicle.
Speaker 2: I need to commentate this vehicle.
Speaker 5: It's police business, like if you turned into a cop, even if it was a vigilante cop.
Speaker 2: Does that play? I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: The footage was posted by the owner of the cyber truck, the one that signed their car up. I don't know why anybody would want their car used by other strangers, but they shared there's I got an image, I've got video. I know that cyber trucks early on it have a reputation of being difficult to repair. So he said he's going to see how good Toro's insurance system works. So the owner handed over the footage and the information and the cops have everything, and it's unknown what was in the package as of right now. But again, video of the theft and the crash, the damage to the cyber truck, it's all on the Crazy Criminal blog page today. It's kind of one of those things where I needed to go look at this today.
Speaker 3: So I'm leasing a Tesla now. And if you're leasing it, they make you sign a thing that you will not use it.
Speaker 4: You absolutely will will not use it for Uber, for any of these.
Speaker 3: Apps or anything like that. So I mean, hopefully he's he's owning it.
Speaker 2: Hopefully he's the owner of this show.
Speaker 3: He's got to be right. If he's like wrapping at Green and.
Speaker 2: Stuff, I would think so, I don't know, but again, the video of this is awesome and it's on linksin Guests Today, Houston's Alternatives, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show's ninety four or five, The Buzz Lincoln Park Runaway, Rob Ryan's Show Wildcard Wednesday. Ten percent chance of rain today, twenty percent chance tonight. Mostly sunny today, hies him around eighty two. Good day to get outside, go for a walk. I like I've adopted the phrase I took it from the kids. Touch grass I did. I like that. I like that. I don't hate all the new stuff. Touch grass Man, Get outside, go for a walk. You know, Son's coming up today. Guys, It's gonna be nice out there today.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now the other stuff Tessa win are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Well, remember when they told us we shouldn't expect to know the results of the election.
Speaker 3: That they were like, you remember they in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: You know, it took a couple of days.
Speaker 4: It took four days, So don't expect to know who the winner is. But last night it did become clear that Donald Trump is the projected winner of the twenty twenty four presidential election. The former president now president elect defeated Vice President Kamala Harris and in an election that really came down to the critical swing states. Trump told his supporters in Florida overnight that they were part of the greatest political movement of all time. Vice President Harris is expected to deliver remarks today after falling short of her quest of the White House. Those remarks are expected to be delivered at Howard University, historically black institution of higher learning, and it's also where she went to college. It's also where she had an election night watch party until crowds were excused for the night as her showing in the vote totals came into Clara focus. She did not address the crowd last night, and they're saying that is something she's going to do this morning.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I do want to mention abortion. Abortion isn't a word we say a lot at this time in the morning. It's not something but it was a critical issue in this election, and it was something that people were very concerned about. There were eight c US states on Tuesday that where in which abortion rights protections were passed. Texas not one of those states, but Arizona, Colorado, Nebraska, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New York. They all passed measures that would amend their state constitutions to.
Speaker 3: Establish a woman's right to abortion.
Speaker 4: Okay, you had world leaders congratulating Donald Trump. You had Donald Trump addressing the crowd in West Palm. So these are the things that were going on on the national level. And then here in Texas you had Ted Cruz winning that third term. He defeated Democratic challenger Colin Allread. Cruise's ten part ten point margin of victory was wider than a lot of polsters had expected. They thought that race was going to be a little closer. I have a concern go ahead for New Jersey Governor Chris Christie. I just saw him on Good Morning America. He was up all night with David Muhir. He was up on the panel last night when I went to bed. Okay, he was on this morning, still live.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't think he slept.
Speaker 3: You don't think he's not much sleep.
Speaker 2: Would somebody go check on Chris Christy please.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say, you know what, how do you do it?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's going back to you know, like when you're kraming for an.
Speaker 3: Example, bigger guy.
Speaker 4: I personally have been concerned for Chris Christie's health for some time now.
Speaker 3: Now he's not getting sleep. So yeah, I guess all right.
Speaker 2: I hope you're okay, Chris Christy.
Speaker 4: Also, I wanted to mention that voters here in Houston rejected the four billion dollar bond proposal from Houston isd so renew HIIC was was one of the biggest proposed bond issues in the history of Texas, and it was rejected by about sixty percent of the vote, so district officials conceded there, all right, that's the serious stuff, and there was a last minute a pull for election day. Twenty eight percent of Americans said they didn't even care who won. They just wanted the election to be over.
Speaker 2: I can wait to watch live television today with no political ads.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 4: Millennials, a gay people in their thirties and early forties were the most likely to agree with that. Thirty five percent said they just wanted the election to be done. Four percent overall said they might call in sick today, partly to unwind and recover from all the election chaos, but nearly a third of sent third of them said they didn't want to get into election stuff with co workers.
Speaker 3: They'd rather stay home and avoid the chatter.
Speaker 4: Some people are so jazzed to talk about politics, and some people it's just not in the it's just not in their wheelhouse. And then these people work together, so it can be a little difficult if someone wants to talk ticks.
Speaker 3: With you and you're really not into it.
Speaker 4: It turns out Taylor Swift's brother is just as good to her fans as she is during eras to our show in Indianapolis on Sunday, a young woman dressed in a full Travis Kelce full uniform, well football uniform, tried to get Travis's attention. She was wearing a helmet, which apparently is against the rules of the venue is security. So a security guard was going to kick her out, but Taylor's brother, Austin swooped in, de escalated the situation and saved her from being booted. He told the guard, let's not put our hands on people. He also apologized to the fan, gave her some guitar picks, and said, you guys, enjoy the concert, have a great night.
Speaker 3: This is amazing.
Speaker 4: He's pointing to the outfit. He's said, this is amazing. By the way, have a great night.
Speaker 2: So now we know Taylor Swift number one has a brother, And then anytime you see him, he's just got guitar picks in his pocket. Hit him up for something for sure. You know he's got the merch on him.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Weezer.
Speaker 4: They are marking the thirtieth anniversary of their debut album with a retro arcade game. It's called Weezer's Sweater Saga. You can't download it on your phone. It is a traditional stand up arcade game and they have it available to fans to go play it. So it's actually just down the street from a house where the band lived in when they wrote their first album.
Speaker 3: So you gotta go to their old hood.
Speaker 2: There's one game up there.
Speaker 16: I'm just a standing guard kid game.
Speaker 3: They're so weird, that's what coodo. Those are Houston's headlight.
Speaker 2: Take it alex Well.
Speaker 5: The Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Spurs at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 2: Rocketter six and a half point favorites.
Speaker 5: Heading into this tip office at seven o'clock and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. I have a pair of tickets right now to give away seven one calleor ten to seven one three, two.
Speaker 2: Two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 5: You're gonna win a pair of tickets to see Mattress Firm Battleground two K twenty four at the Toyota Center this Saturday. You can see U of H in some college hoops action, along with Auburn, Rice and Florida State. Tickets are on sale now at Toyota Center, Dot com but Calle ten to seven, one three, two, two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 2: Those tickets are yours. That's what going on in Sports, Houston's Rocks, Houston's Alternative, and The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Boss Nirvana Lithium, rod Ryan show head play part of the show. Pick Up. Got Monster Jam tickets coming up for you in just a little bit. I got a four pack of passes with pit passes for the February first show. Energy Stadium tickets are on sale now for those shows that are going to be there's three new Monster Jam shows. We've got a brand new look truck, newly designed. I was working on it a couple of months ago. It's all been approved and everything. Our truck is going to look awesome this year. It really is. I mean, we have to look awesome. All these new trucks that they got over there at Monster Jam. My goodness. We just got to kind of keep up with what's going on over there. So we'll talk some Monster Jam later on this hour. I see nothing about a ten percent chance of rain, mostly sunny HIGs of around eighty two. It looks like Donald Trump has been elected president. I've heard people use the term. It's the greatest comeback in the history of politics, after you know, not being president and coming back. Only one other candidate has ever done that before. That's getting the headline. Was another comeback of sorts. After fifteen weeks on top of Billboard's Hot one hundred, My song Chaboozie, a bar song, was dethroned by Morgan Wallen for just one week, and then Chaboozy is back, just like Donald Trump. Chaboozi back at number one. He dropped out for one week, and now Chaboozy now his sixteenth week at number one. Is it the biggest Top one hundred Hot one hundred of all time? Alex knows the answer to that. Alex will tell you what the greatest song of all time.
Speaker 5: Is, according to Billboard, is Our Lord and Savior A Little Na Sex, I'm Billy Ray Simon.
Speaker 2: The only song that has been number one longer on the Hot one hundred is Old Town Road his nineteen consecutive weeks. I think he probably will maintain that record in consecutive weeks. I don't know if Chaboozy's going to go sixteen three more weeks, but yeah, he will have that one week disruption, so he won't completely unseat your boy little nas X. But I still like this Chaboozi song. Man, I only know like jam who summer. It's on TikTok because I was I.
Speaker 5: I had some car issues, so I was ubering to and from work for like the last two weeks, and this is on every other radio station, and I don't know the song until like they get to the course part.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, okay, this was my song of the summer that we don't play. This was my jam. So there's only been two songs that have gone sixteen weeks Desposito, I remember how big that was. Yeah, and then you gotta go all the way back to Mariah Carey and Boys of Men one say that was a big song and that went sixteen weeks. So Chaboozi's in that range right now. I know we're talking about pop music, but we have the pop country did he being one and two though? Pretty crazy? Yeah? True?
Speaker 5: I mean that two African American country according to Billboard.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's the similarity right there, which is insane. Yeah, pop country from I didn't.
Speaker 3: Hear Beyonce getting snubbed from over here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it should have been beyond.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: Remember they didn't want little Nasax at the CMT Awards that year. Luckily he he walks, so Shaboozy can fly.
Speaker 3: What about Juan? Everyone just trigured about Jaquan. That's the whole song.
Speaker 4: You stole the whole song from Jaquan. Oh, I'm sorry, borrow.
Speaker 2: He made it.
Speaker 3: He did, so you gotta do these days. Hey, alltim Boots go country.
Speaker 2: Listen because they were so generous. And I don't mind mentioning mentioning them a few times, and I know that's not why they did it. I told you Ashley with an I. I think most people listen to the show. They know her. She's the one that got the autographed rod Ryan showed twenty ten niversary Jean jacket. Okay, yeah, I heard from her husband and I heard from Sergio. He sent me a really really funny email. He had no idea that she was bidding. He's like, listen, we don't you think like we got that kind of money around here, Like that's not just don't think that we like throw money around like that. Rod I had no idea that she was bidding on that, and she out She did outbid bro brad Well.
Speaker 3: She works her she works her own job.
Speaker 4: She's a teacher, she probably has, but a special education teacher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely so, as it was a specialist actually with and I got the jacket apparently Leslie who again I haven't gotten approval to say her full name on the air. Not everybody wants that she spent over thirteen hundred dollars on the twentieth anniversary custom Rap acoustic guitar. She must have been here yesterday. Okay, she knew what she was bidding on. She knows that I got the other one. There's only two of these guitars, wrapped brilliantly by Cheeto over at Bullprinting wraps and Graphics. She didn't take it home. It's here, It's right there. It's the wall. She wants us all to sign it.
Speaker 3: Oh, she wants us to ruin it.
Speaker 2: Got it, Yeah that's what I said. So, but with all of our signatures on it, then it will truly be a one of a kind guitar. Because I don't want you guys to sign mine.
Speaker 3: So I'm going with my lipstick.
Speaker 2: It's it's behind pressure treated glass at my house. No one can get near it. An alarm will go off if any one of you it's triggered to pick up your pheromones. If you guys get near the guitar, an alarm will go off. So none of you are invited to sign mine, but she'd like us all to sign hers, so you get hit that up today. But thanks for your generosity. I was doing some of the book work yesterday on booge rock and stuff, and you guys are so great with us and working with our charities and everything. Thank you so much, working with MD Anderson, working with Houston Children's Charity, Elizabeth, I'm calling you today, don't worry. Yeah, you guys have been great working with us on these charities, So thank you. On the flip, we'll talk some Monster Jam. We'll get you some tickets.
Speaker 7: Yeahs Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show before Father the Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, wild Card Wednesday. M hm, I got some Monster Jam tickets coming up for you in just a little bit. Nothing over a tempercent chance rain today, chance tonight, but mostly sunny skies while we get what a little bit of sunlight we have. All right, Enough with the time change shop complaining his today of around eighty two anything trending.
Speaker 3: Dude, it's all the election.
Speaker 11: You know that.
Speaker 4: I do know know that it's it's all elections stuff. But I've been doing I've been hitting that so hard to headlines. Can I please talk about something I want to talk about?
Speaker 2: Please? I mean, on any other day, I would be deathly afraid of saying yes, But today I will say yes.
Speaker 4: Remember yesterday when I told you that Flame and Hot Cheetos is doing a Flame and Hot pickle.
Speaker 3: Was it yesterday or Monday?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: This week though, another day another pickle product.
Speaker 4: Lastic, not to be outdone by Flame and Hot, is releasing their pickleballs and it's like a Cheeto puff ball, but it's pickle flavored, it's green, it's.
Speaker 2: A pickle.
Speaker 10: Like a cheat.
Speaker 4: Yes deal, pickle corn puffs with a big crunch. So another day, another pickle product. I mean, I'm just focusing on.
Speaker 3: What makes me happy right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, these out on store shelves. Now, do we need to do these pickle prices right?
Speaker 3: It literally, it literally just dropped. I'm so glad you asked. I do have the information.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe you could be the hype man for the pickle prices right, you could do all the new pickle products.
Speaker 4: I need no, because I can't do that silly voice. You're gonna have to ask the hype man. No, no, I don't have any additional information.
Speaker 3: I just have the picture. But I'll i'll tee it that well.
Speaker 4: I want to want everyone to get in that it's gonna sell out, and then I can't get it. I'm gonna gate keep this one just for a little bit. Okay, So that and then everyone, I mean, god, I gotta bring it back to the election. Everyone is waiting for Kamala Harris to speak this morning.
Speaker 2: She is expected.
Speaker 3: She's expected to speak.
Speaker 4: Her code chair told to porters last night that she's gonna make remarks from Howard, where she graduated.
Speaker 3: You know, that's her alma mater. So yeah, I mean that's really what everyone. I mean, that's what's trending.
Speaker 2: Guys. Maybe Beyonce should play live at that.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, wait, it's speaking Beyonce.
Speaker 4: Beyonce is doing well on the Look at a Girls blog page. All of her different Pamela Anderson looks are completely viral, and that is I think that's a headline for the Looking at Girls blog page today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, that's what's trending. I'm gonna go, I'm a I'm gonna go find those pickleballs. I'll go look at the release date for you guys. That's what I'm up to.
Speaker 2: What do you have to give away here? Oh?
Speaker 3: I have the four pack of tickets.
Speaker 4: With pit passes to Monster Jam Energy Stadium February first. Tickets around sale now at ticketmaster dot com and they went on sale Tuesday, So you gotta get in and get those ticks.
Speaker 2: All right. There are three Monster Jams coming up in the new year. This is for February first. I'll take call at number ten seven one three two one two five nine four five. Ryan celebrating twenty years on the Buzz.
Speaker 7: Twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us I've ever met.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, ninety four five The Buzz, four to five, the bus he wrote getting Away with Murder Rod Ryan Show on a wild card Wednesday. Oh there it is. Got a brand new Monster Jam truck that's going to be performing a Rod Ryan Show Monster Jam truck. Looking great. I haven't seen the full mock up yet, but I was involved in the designing of the truck and we're going to be performing in three Monster Jams upcoming in twenty twenty five. There's going to be three Monster Jams in the beginning of the year. We're giving away tickets to the February first show. Ticketmaster has your tickets right now. Let's go to the phones here. Good morning morning.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 2: Who's this.
Speaker 9: My name is Megan.
Speaker 2: Hi Megan. I'm inviting you to you and three whoever three people are maybe your family to Monster Jam on February first. I'd love to have you come down to the pit party too and say hi to us. All right, Oh that would be amazing.
Speaker 6: My sons will be so sooked.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's perfect. Okay, So you got some kiddos that you want to bring to the show. How old are the kids?
Speaker 6: Yes, they are three years old and Monster Jam is their live c Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's when it hits hard three, four or five. The kids? Do they have like the little matchbox? Monster Jam trucks are the small ones?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, and I've got a million like the little die cast one. We've got all of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Kids come with cases full of them. They bring them around and they want the drivers to sign them and stuff. It's crazy. Okay. I can't wait to meet you and the family. Okay, Megan, thank you so much. All right, thank you for listening. Have a great day. I hope everybody has a great day today. I mean I mean when I say that, I mean that I hope everybody has a great day today.
Speaker 3: How could you say that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I really want everybody to be happy. How can you say that that comes from a place of like, from the my core. I want you guys to be happy. I'm worried about the millennials though. I got a couple of millennials right here.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, this song is trending on TikTok right now?
Speaker 2: What this song? Oh? The song of your generation?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 3: Now, are ballad? The millennial ballad?
Speaker 2: Alex is so mad that I chose this not a song that describes us, is Alex.
Speaker 3: We're gonna make a TikTok to this song?
Speaker 2: This is the yeah, the millennial song. Gen Z, I'll tell you what. They're feisty. Gen Z is the generation before younger than the millennials. Okay, so those are your twenty year olds. I got my gen Z, I got my uh, I got my millennials here.
Speaker 3: Gen Z like gen Z is to cope in private, which I really like that about that.
Speaker 2: But for a while, gen Z, the young people were going after the boomers. Yeah, and they seem to leave me alone. They kind of left gen k alone. They didn't really want to They didn't want to tussle with it.
Speaker 3: I want to meddle.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think we're I mean, you know, we're a little salty. I didn't think they want to mess with us. I love how hard the younger people are going after millennials right now.
Speaker 3: Why do you love that?
Speaker 9: I do love that?
Speaker 17: Why because because it takes the hate off of you, you coward.
Speaker 2: Because it's your it's your first taste of ages of that somebody younger is coming for you. It's so stupid. It's your first taste of it. And that's why I love it. Because it never stops. Once the toothpaste is out of the tube, you're gonna realize people are coming at you.
Speaker 3: Now, okay, nothingness. It tastes like nerve balls hitting.
Speaker 2: Me millennial trends that are no longer cool according to they know it.
Speaker 3: All, gen Z, Oh, please tell me the point person of what is happening.
Speaker 2: So they think that your pad looks ridiculous with your monochrome furniture my pad with sorry you're flat. Sorry, yeah, monochrome furniture. They think it's ridiculous that you're still pushing the skinny gene agenda. Gen Z also finds it funny that millennials still think taking photos of your food is cool.
Speaker 3: It is cool.
Speaker 2: Gen Z doesn't think so well, you don't coming for you.
Speaker 4: They are aging at a rapid pace. I look younger than all my gen Z friends. I'm just going to say it now.
Speaker 2: You got to help me with this, and it's for obvious reasons. I'm out of this, but I've heard it before. Gen Z thinks millennial trends that are no longer cool. Included in there is the side part as a hairstyle that they did convince me to change.
Speaker 3: I've got nothing going on right now. Oh wait a little middle right. Yeah yeah that was because of them.
Speaker 4: I did take that one from them, But those big Genes, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Going to do that. Okay. And gen Z, like your humble host here, thinks it's weird that you're a Disney adult.
Speaker 3: Okay, I never got into that.
Speaker 2: I also think that's weird. Yeah, that's I think that's the collective. They didn't that. I think more people think that's weird than don't.
Speaker 3: Well thinks they invented thinking.
Speaker 2: Sure, but when you see when you go to Disney, and I was a couple of years ago, and you see these Disney adults, it's kind of it's weird. They are millennials. They are in that wheel gym.
Speaker 5: See people that are Disney adults will be that same way when they have more money.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: They have they don't have kids anymore, like no one has kids and they go over there, they have money to spend.
Speaker 2: Like ennals don't have a lot of kids either.
Speaker 4: Well, no, that's what I'm saying. That's why there are probably so many Disney adults.
Speaker 2: I saw a guy walking around. Heavyset dude, handlebar mustache. Okay, look like he could have been working at one of those cocktail bars. The guy that like smokes your whiskey craft and he's kind of a rotun guy. And he's got I don't know, knickers on and suspenders and flare and a Harry Potter cap or something, and yeah, thirty five thirty eight year old man. He's walking with a group of people that are dressed similarly. Not a kid to be found and skipping through Disney. Let him have his happiness.
Speaker 3: Why does his happiness bother you?
Speaker 2: In gen Z? No no, no, I did well. Yeah, gen Z, they're coming at you guys. I love it. Keep it up, gen Z, Yeah, keep it up.
Speaker 3: You know. It's a perfect example.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: That young kid that went.
Speaker 4: Over to Jason Kelcey and was like talking mess, that's gen Z. That's gen Z kid that got his phone smashed. Huh, because they're they're so brave on this innerweb. They're so brave to make this little list. Never in a million years when they say that to any millennial's face, because we're bigger.
Speaker 2: That kid was like, give it my phone back, give you my phone back?
Speaker 3: What do you mean my phone?
Speaker 2: That was a gen Z. The last the last generation that was on the receiving end of a punch to the face was mine. Okay, Millennials, Millennials and the end of it. Millennials are the end of it.
Speaker 5: We're like, you didn't have cameras everywhere to be like, then you're sued for it, like that's when it started.
Speaker 2: But Millennials, there were fights and stuff every one of my friends got their jaw clicked, including me. I don't know that money gen Z's had their jaw clicked a high and they all right, the coming, have the coming for you guys. Keep going, Ryan Show, The Buzz twenty four or five, The Buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show. It's Green Day dilemma. Oh if you checked on them, they're very political over there? Are they okay? Today?
Speaker 4: I haven't checked on everyone. I'm checking on my Facebook friends. Some of them are very unwell, some of them there.
Speaker 2: Look, maybe check on Billy Joe Armstrong. He might not be doing it. You know what. They might be in the studio right now.
Speaker 3: They have a fire album though, yet they might be in the studio right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what fuels punk rock. You know, the Green Day is punk rock. That's what fuels it. So yeah, maybe they should go right in the studio and take that angst and put something out, put something aggressive out. Ten percent chance of rain, mostly sunny today, highs of around eighty two. I do, I truly mean it. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I hope that you're not pair and I hope me not overly pompous today, you know, depending on what side you're on, it's just like, let's all, let's all work together here, okay, And good news. We haven't even talked about this. It's soup season.
Speaker 3: Oh you're my I have been celebrating without you, my friend.
Speaker 2: You're my guil that like you keep track on the trending things. And I haven't heard you mentioned soup yet, but Google searches have spiked since late October for soup.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was going to attempt to make some soup, and I just give you a little pro tip now. I like, I'm a homemade guy. I liked it, you know, And I grew up in the restaurant that I grew up learning to cook. My job was to make a soup every day. And you had to make homemade soup every day. It was just you know, I worked at something called the Country Cafe, so it was all old lady so soup was a big home.
Speaker 3: Ladies love soup. Old ladies love young ladies too, though.
Speaker 2: I made soup every single day. Every single day, I made soup. I went yesterday and it's a cheat code. But you know who has some pretty good soups now? You need some chicken broth and maybe add some chicken to it. But man, World Market has some really good soups.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the end of the World Market in a while.
Speaker 2: They're great. They come in like a clear kind of Cellophaney type of bag. Yeah, and all of them are great. All of them are great.
Speaker 4: So I know we already gave tickets away to the Nutcracker market. You know those booths that they go and they have those soup kits, Yeah, where you can go in and it's like dried corn and like little spices and all you have to do is do what you're talking about, like maybe just add some chicken broth and some shred of chicken and it's like you got yourself a most delicious false soup.
Speaker 2: They do. They have similar like the Dips. They have the Dips tool soup versus stew versus chowder. This sounds like it was ripped right from the pages of Past the Gravy podcast. But yeah, breakout search. This month, people are talking about soup stews and chowders. Stews and chowders tend to be a little chunkier. The consistency seems to be the thing that drives these things apart. Yeah, so I don't know if you guys are going to get into this ladle later, but soup searches are up nationwide top trending soups. We're googling right now. Roasted butternut squash soup not my thing, Acorn squash soup not my thing. Pumpkin soup not my thing? Just not into the pumpkin?
Speaker 3: Is it because of the prep. You don't like the you don't like a squash soup?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Really, those are in season right now.
Speaker 4: I know all you have to do is have it and put it in the let the oven do the job, and then you come out and then you're most sofy it.
Speaker 2: Now, this comes right from my man's podcast. This must have been a discussion on your show before. This is where it gets fun. Here is blank soup. Okay, dude, I we do power rankings on the show. Okay, okay, okay, you do mock drafts on the show.
Speaker 5: And I took I think I tried to take jambalayah, and I tried to take gumbo and they said that none of that was soup.
Speaker 2: Okay, well let me ask you. This is cereal soup. Alex, the leader of the Gravy Gang.
Speaker 3: It's a cold soup.
Speaker 2: Cereal is a breakfast soup. Twelve percent of people out there, probably your listeners of the pod. I think Syria is in fact soup. Other eighty eight percent shut off. The rest, the rest of the top five of is blank. Soup is chili a soup? Yeah? Please?
Speaker 4: I made a chili and I feel like that's that's part of my soup repertoire.
Speaker 2: I think chili is chili.
Speaker 3: I don't know chili is chili chili. But it's also a little soupy.
Speaker 2: I would say it's more of a stew than a soup. Chicken and dumplings. Is that a soup?
Speaker 4: That is not?
Speaker 2: I think it is because you have a broth that it's.
Speaker 3: In, but it's thick. It's thick nerd.
Speaker 2: I'll end this ridiculous discussion. Here is ramen soup? Alex? Yeah, yeah, it a broth. But what if you take the broth out? Is it pasta?
Speaker 3: And it is?
Speaker 2: Okay? All right? Fair enough? Hey, soup season.
Speaker 3: You know, and with your spirit, when you need to escape.
Speaker 2: What's going on in the world, you tune to us. We're talking about soup stews, aren't hitting and chili's and Gumbosative.
Speaker 12: Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Nine four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show? Do everything sound okay to you?
Speaker 3: Is this sounds weird?
Speaker 4: You sounded like you're in a tin can, not in a tin can, but your voice sounded I don't know a little there was an extra something layer on it that was I like looked up to see if there was a recording of you.
Speaker 3: It sounded like a recording of you.
Speaker 2: But I'm live right here with you, okay. I don't think it sounds weird on that something got changed here, I think but in stereo. Oh good guy, Good morning everybody. I don't know. Somebody's take an issue with Bro. It sounds like you're making fun of it by saying, I hope everyone has a great day today. Come on, bro, what do you We're overthinking it? Man? What aren't you getting by everyone? I hope everyone has a great day today. I mean that.
Speaker 3: What he means that? And when I say how can you say that, I'm I'm egging it on.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to walk up the shells all morning long. I hope everyone has a great day today. I mean that when I say it, guy, we're a.
Speaker 3: Nation like together, like we're still all in it together no matter what. Yeah, I don't know. We're not egging it on four hour Yeah, I mean, and yesterday was election day. You were going to just go ahead and take this.
Speaker 2: People are running hot this morning. Okay, yeah, one final time, please Houston's headlines for wait.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump is a projected winner of the twenty twenty four presidential election. He defeated Vice President Kamala Harris. It came down to the critical swing states. He told supporters in Florida overnight that they were a part of the greatest political movement of all time. Vice President Harris is expected to deliberal remarks today after falling short of her quest for the White House.
Speaker 3: Okay, now I'm here in a switch in mind thing, but let's talk.
Speaker 4: About those remarks because they're expected to be delivered at Howard University. There were she held a watch party last night. Early this morning. We basically knew after they had told us, hey, don't expect to know who wins this selection until a couple of days, because that's how long it took.
Speaker 3: Last time they had.
Speaker 4: Shown the statistics had shown that Donald Trump had secured more than enough electoral votes to win the general election, so he will be the forty seventh president. He is the only the second president in US history to be elected to non consecutive terms. Okay, so that's what's going on on the national scale. Here in Texas. There were a slew of things happening as well. Voters rejected Houston ninety's four point four billion dollar bond proposal. You had a Republican Senator Ted Cruz defeating Democratic challenger Colin Alright. There was a ten point margin of victory that was wider than a lot of people had expected.
Speaker 3: That was a very closely watched Senate race.
Speaker 4: There was there the Harris County District attorney race was too close to call as of last night.
Speaker 3: I need to go check back on that. I haven't updated this.
Speaker 4: And then we also know that Dan Crenshaw won his race. There were a lot of Republican judges there was. There is a Republican Senate as well. Looks like Republicans are going to regain control. The GOP needed to flip only two seats while holding the rest, which they did.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's kind of what's going on there.
Speaker 2: You sound like you're gloating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just trying to get through this shit. It's just trying to get through this guy.
Speaker 2: It's the hell that we walked into today. Any kind of mention about it. You know, there are people that are absolutely paralyzed today, and I feel bad for you. I do. I also I'm not going to feed into people that are overly gloating today either. It's just we are trying to kind of find that fine line what happens, and everyone is like super hyper analyzing the way that we sound, how we're saying the things that we say. It's the same show, guys. It's just it's the biggest thing in the world that happened last night, and of course it's going to be mentioned today on the show. So let's just move on.
Speaker 3: And everyone's invited to our party.
Speaker 4: Okay, our party absolutely, every blue, red, libertarian, green, I mean, you're please have a seat at this table and.
Speaker 3: Interject with us.
Speaker 4: And I know we're kind of like, I guess we were mentioning an email that that that aren't happy, but there's a lot of people that are like, Okay, you know, I'm still dedicated to my cause.
Speaker 3: This is what it means for me, or.
Speaker 4: I'm just ignoring it, I'm kind of ning the noise around me, or I'm really leading into it.
Speaker 3: It's it's all over, guys, It's all over.
Speaker 4: I can tell you one thing we are ecstatic about is National Nacho Day.
Speaker 3: This show loves nachos. Americans love nachos.
Speaker 4: A poll found eighty percent of Americans like nachos, fifteen percent of neutral on nachos, neutral nacho people, and five percent don't even like nachos.
Speaker 2: That's what I can't understand, somebody that doesn't like nachie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that eighty percent statistic is good enough to make nachos our favorite Mexican food.
Speaker 3: Alex goes. Are nachos even like a Mexican thing or is it an American?
Speaker 4: Because when you go when you go to Mexico, if you ask for nachos, it's a very different scene than what you might get at your you know, your Taco bell or your Chewi's. But anyways, nanchos are number one on this Mexican food list that we have. Burritos come in second. Casa Dias three, Emma's Emma Loves Casadio is alex Fajidos number four and then Salsa number five. Let's talk about the Goonies House in Astoria, organ It's a very popular tourist attraction, but it's one that the neighbors.
Speaker 3: Would like to end.
Speaker 4: A guy named Bemon bought the house two years ago for one point sixty five million dollars.
Speaker 3: He loves the movie The Goonies.
Speaker 4: He welcomes fellow fans, but a neighbor two houses down not so much.
Speaker 3: They put up a sign and said Goonies not welcome.
Speaker 4: That prompted Benham to go put up his own time, saying, hey, you guys, Goonies welcome.
Speaker 3: So you know a little bit tell's oldest time.
Speaker 4: Neighbor's arguing this is just a bigger argument because this is an iconic, historic, popular, Hollywood famous house.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it just you can't buy a house near the Gooney House if you don't want trespassers and people walking around and stuff.
Speaker 4: I mean, but what if that house had been in your family and you're like, You're like, no, I'm not selling it just because everyone comes and sees that like you kind.
Speaker 3: I kind of see it that way.
Speaker 4: But it's like anything else, are you gonna make the best of it or are you gonna make the.
Speaker 3: Worst of it and pick a fight?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk about our brains and why our brains prefer live music to pre recording. A neurosurgeon who goes by doctor Noss on Instagram posted a video saying listen, live music will activate entire brain networks involving pleasure, processing, emotions, retriggering memories.
Speaker 3: Of the past.
Speaker 4: The bigger the brain experience, especially the emotional parts of your brain, the more deeply you will be immersed in the music. So live music is so much more of a treat because it's unpredictable. It's not gonna be what you'd hear on Spotify, are on your iTunes. Your brain loves not knowing what is coming next. That is such a treat. The unpredictability of it is such a treat for our neurons in there, and it gets them firing on all these levels.
Speaker 2: I agree, because when you hear a song that you've heard over and over again, it could be your favorite song, but when you hear the live version, you're just like, what are they gonna do? Different? Yeah, what are they gonna do is just some sort of are they gonna go in a different direction or whatever. We even play some songs here live outside Stained and Olympiscuit. There's like a clunker note in it. I love it. Yeah, there's a wrong.
Speaker 5: Note that's hit and that's sometimes they say other stuff in between the lyrics you don't normally say in the song.
Speaker 2: I wish we sprinkled in some more live versions of songs on this station, I said earlier. I think classic rock does it every now and then when you're just listening to a song, you've heard it a million times. Oh my god, they're playing a live version.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: My favorite album this year is a live album.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 2: Noah con Live at Family Park?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Noa con great great album.
Speaker 4: Also, when Kesha said wake up in the morning feeling like F. P. Diddy, that was a treat for my brain because she changed it. It wasn't the normal lyric.
Speaker 3: Those are Houston's head take It.
Speaker 2: Rockets are back in action tonight.
Speaker 5: They're gonna host the Spurs and the Soyota Center coming in a six and a half point favorites for that one. Tip off is at seven o'clock and you can listen to that game over on our sister station. Sports Talk seven ninety That is what's going on in sports all right.
Speaker 2: We got one more hour together. We got alternative income, a chance to win a thousand dollars if we're gonna leave you with some highly suspect tickets, and a lot of fun in between, fun in between.
Speaker 7: And the rod Ryan Morning Show Am.
Speaker 2: The Buzz. There we go ninety four or five Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. On this wild card Wednesday, you got a crazy criminal blog page that I talked about earlier today, food blog page today, Nacho day. Right, so the food blog page today looking at girls is great. All of these links are just waiting for you on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Ten percent chance Ray mostly sunning highs up about eighty two. Alex had six picks. I know it's early, it's it's only Wednesday, but I have six picks this weekend. Yeah, this week it just worked out that way. I have six picks this weekend. I'm going to Las Vegas and I'm not the world's I'm not even the world's third, fourth, or fifth biggest Eagles fan. But anything in the sphere is just on believable, and I hope and I wish you all get a chance to experience this concert going experience of the Sphere in Las Vegas. You think they played the election in the Sphere. I'll be heading there this weekend, so I'll have some picks from from the Eagles concert and some stuff around Vegas because that's what I'm gonna be doing this weekend.
Speaker 3: Very fun.
Speaker 5: Second time, Yeah, I went to go see you too, And what do you plan to do differently? Like, did you have anything? Like the first time? You're like, if I come back, this.
Speaker 2: Is what I'll do. I'm not gonna get quite as drunk that I was a little over served at you too. I remember it, you know, and I was having a great time. You know. I'm going to try to not go crazy on those double Uh those doubles, I forgot what it was.
Speaker 3: Don't get a double dude, What do you have a death wish?
Speaker 2: It's Vegas.
Speaker 3: Just drink as little as possible in every drink.
Speaker 2: It's because it was Vegas. I want to say, two double gin and Tonics was about a hundred bucks sounds. There's a little over one hundred dollars singles. Okay, this is what I wanted to bring up about the Sphere, So yeah, I'll bring I'll take some pictures and I'll do some video and stuff. Do you know that Vince Gill is now in the Eagles. Vince Skill is.
Speaker 3: He's country music, my famous country guy.
Speaker 2: He's been in the Eagles for a long time ago. I know that he said he's not a fan of the Sphere.
Speaker 3: He doesn't like it because people don't look at him.
Speaker 2: Right, that's exactly it. I never even thought about this as being a performer, and again without getting to exactly what the Sphere is, it's just this amazing concert going experience. And again, I really want everybody to go. It should be like on your list maybe that Red Rocks is go to a concert at Red Rocks. Vince Skill plays with the Eagles now they've got a residency at the Sphere, and he doesn't think playing there is all it's really cracked up to be. His quote was, it's the most people I've ever been ignored by. You're playing and everyone's looking at stuff on the ceiling. No one's paying attention to you. End quote. I don't think he's bitching and moaning and complaining about it, because I'm sure he's taking his paycheck every week, and I'm sure he's being paid. Well. Just think about that. You're you're used to being this country star and now this rock star, and you're on stage and everybody's looking at you at a live concert, and that's why, that's why musicians get into it, that live feedback and everybody's just cheering you on and they're singing along with you. And then you're playing in the sphere and balls and everyone's head's looking up and no one's paying attention to anyone on stage. They're just looking at the ceiling and looking at the sphere and looking at all the graphics.
Speaker 3: You know who would love this? Chris Stapleton.
Speaker 4: Don't We always talk about how he has like that anxiety about what he plays.
Speaker 2: I've been told that he has crippling stage fright.
Speaker 4: So like introverts like him that happen to be wonderful of music, they should book the sphere because.
Speaker 3: No one will really look at him.
Speaker 2: Vince Gill went on to say, music to me has never been visual. A great show to me is watching Merle Haggard's stand there singing me his great songs after great song. That's still what I want to hear. When I go to hear music, I don't necessarily want to see it. I don't agree with that. I mean, when you go to a show, of course you go because you like the band's music, but don't you want the show, like I like a show. I used to be critical of Pearl Jam in the early years. They would call them shoegazers. Okay, Pearl Jam would stand there and look at their shoes. It's st there, look at their shoes. Like pearl Jam came along, and Grunge came along a little bit, and they took the glitz and glamour out of rock and roll, and there was no big stage, elaborate stage, you know, Iron Maiden and Ronnie James Dial's got a big serpent behind him and there's lasers everywhere. Grunge laughed at that, and they still played those size arenas though, and it was just going to be them looking at their shoes. Yeah, I want a combination of both. Okay, I like all the I like all the glitz and glamour. When I go to an Iron Maiden show, you can't wait for the for Eddie is the is the skeleton character. You can't wait for him to come out and be a part of it. Ac DC was brilliant at it. They had their things that associated with certain songs that were a part of their live show. I want that, you know, the sphere the band doesn't have to do anything, you too. I didn't look at them once. Yeah, okay, they were a million miles from me because I had I was in the fourth section, way at the top of the sphere. But yeah, you're just looking at the You're just looking at the ceiling the whole time.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love the theatrics.
Speaker 4: I love being someone adhd is look at that?
Speaker 3: Did you see this?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Did you see this?
Speaker 2: What about this?
Speaker 3: Did you hear that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think when I'm finally going to a concert, it's like I'm ready to be overly stimulated.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to be stimulated in every way.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I go for the music and I go for the actual, you know, for the visual.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so okay, funny, I that it's funny. I adore Vince Gille. That is very funny.
Speaker 3: It's like, dude, haven't you gotten enough attention in your life? Go with the Eagles.
Speaker 2: He just said it was weird. You're playing on stage and no one's paying attention to you. It's like the first time in his career he's experienced that.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, like, that's how the rest of us feel all the time, buddy, You're fine.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five the Buzz, Welcome back, Rod Ryan's show. Still got a little bit of time together, and we've got a pair of tickets on the show. I get it's a little ways off yet. Highly Suspect are playing on Friday night. Buy you Music Center. Somehow tickets are still available through Ticketmaster, but we will leave you today on know the show with those Highly Suspect tickets right now. Alex P.
Speaker 8: Middleton heard of them online.
Speaker 2: It's Alex online the muzz. What you got, dude, Today's anell is a pretty simple one.
Speaker 5: You're gonna be looking at a photo and trying to decide if this is a real photo or a photo that has been photo shopped. So maybe the sky is green. You gotta say, you gotta try and guess whether or not that really happens.
Speaker 2: Is this a real green skys a photoshop?
Speaker 3: It's a real green northern light sky that is correct?
Speaker 2: Tests very good, very good.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 2: Keep scrolling, you gotta keep guessing, is this dog in the clouds? Is that really photo?
Speaker 3: Fake? Totally fake.
Speaker 2: No, it's real snow, not the cloud. Very tricky, look like an idiot.
Speaker 3: Curry all felt so good when I got it right.
Speaker 2: Go check it out. See if you can figure out.
Speaker 5: Which photo shopping What's not at the World Fame is rodryanshowpage at the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 8: Thank you The rod Ryan Show four, five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, All Time Low with Black Bear, rod Ryan's Show Wild Card Wednesday. Addition, congratulations to Joseph. Joseph listens to the show and he sends me an email that he just received some money.
Speaker 3: Money.
Speaker 2: Honey, Yeah, he came into some money.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 2: We talked about this. It must have been a couple of years ago, but the makers of Jewel e cigarettes settled a class action lawsuit. It was a while back, and they agreed to pay three hundred million dollars in damages for not being honest about how addictive and unsafe their product is. This guy got a couple hundred dollars, he says, from Jewel. The payouts depended on how many vape pods you bought. It was between the years of twenty fifteen and twenty twenty two, and you had to prove it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: A lot of people were ordering them online and I think that's where people had the receipts for it. Okay, but if you've listened to this show over the years, you know that some of these class action lawsuits are famous for their pathetic payouts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, he's tuna tuna payouts.
Speaker 2: The Tuna one, the Tuna one. There was a Red Bull one, there was a famous other one. I feel like there was three big ones that people would constantly like they felt like because I gave them the information about Bumblebee Tuna that they were coming at me like, dude, I haven't gotten my tuna money yet. I'm like, I'm just telling you guys about this. I'm not. I don't know if it was Subway and the foot longs they were get there, were they giving money back because they didn't have because their things weren't twelve inches? It was Red Bull, it was the Tuna one.
Speaker 7: Is really what you?
Speaker 2: Yes, I you add to the lawsuits. People were coming at me like they were waiting for me to write them a check. Yeah, yeah, that was fine. So This is not one of those pathetic payouts vapors have been getting Venmo transfers. In one case, somebody posted on Reddit that they got nine and seventeen dollars Vinmode from Jewel Hell, yeah, how many vapes did you buy between twenty fifteen and twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: Because I'm not a hater, it makes me so happy when you read me a story like that, like someone got nine grand for being a vape horror.
Speaker 3: Basically, I'm so happy for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're vaping, You're out there living your best life, and now like, kay, that's bad for you, and you're getting a taste of that three hundred million dollars that Jewel olds owes everybody. We got a listener, they got a couple hundred dollars over here, And I'm happy for them. What are they being sued for for not being honest about how addictive and unsafe their product is? So I want to get on a zipech so bad, just for the future lawsuit you think to get on it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, the water's fine. If I don't think ozip it works on me, I've taken so much I don't think it works on me anymore.
Speaker 2: If you signed up for the suit and haven't gotten your payday, it may still be coming. They started sending money out two fridays ago, and they're not done. Some people who opted for physical checks and gift cards may get those payments later. If you bought jewel products but didn't sign up for the class action, you are out of luck. The deadline was earlier this year.
Speaker 3: Sorry, guys.
Speaker 2: Right, so I could have been vaping and gotten money, and you would have.
Speaker 3: Looked so cool that whole time you really missed out.
Speaker 2: Could have been living. Hey, I really am the guy that got the money. I'm happy for him.
Speaker 4: We do.
Speaker 2: I'm really happy that he got he got money. He said he got a check though, so he didn't get Vinmo the money. He got a check for her, he said he what he said, a couple of hundred dollars. I'm going to assume if it was more, he would have told me more, probably two hundred bucks. I had a couple of hundred is two hundred dollars? Yeah, yeah, okay, Well that's good I'm doing. I'm happy for you. I don't think i'm psyched about your vaping, but.
Speaker 10: I'm like, all right, Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Experience adventure actually injured the cosmic on a bus ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's show. Thank you so much for having us on this corn freak on a leash. It's nine thirty five. You know we're gonna leave you with some great prizes. We got some highly suspect tickets coming up for you. I can't I've been sitting on this and it just happened to me over the weekend. I had to make a I had to make a decision. I had to make a big decision.
Speaker 3: What I have a question for you, Alex he Kiss.
Speaker 2: I threw a sock away this weekend. I threw a sock away.
Speaker 3: Where at my house in the trash can. You didn't recycle it. You didn't take it to.
Speaker 2: Goodwill with socks. I threw a sock away because I couldn't find his buddy, and I had it all year in hopes of the other one showing up. This is the true story. I have a little one of those little bins or whatever, one of those little things with the grammets in its laundry basket. Not a laundry basket. It's just like a little like storage bin. And uh, there's a couple of socks in there. There's there's there's two socks in there that are aren't a match. And I can't find there. I can't find their mate. And they've been in there for at least a year. And I don't know what came over me, but I just said, enough is enough. I don't think that other sock is showing up. How long will you hang on to a sock? This was a question that they asked people. I cannot believe. I just I lived this experience and now they're asking people, how long will you keep a sock when you've discovered that it's lost its match. I there's some people that throw away immediately. I would kill myself if I throw away the sock and then the next load of laundry it showed up. You know. That's what it happened, because it got stuck in maybe a fitted sheet or something. I'm just always hoping that it's going to show up.
Speaker 4: You give yourself at least five or six cycles.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait a minute, so that's just cycles of laundry. Yeah, like, but then you're throwing it away?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I'm you know, you shouldn't throw closer to the trash or something.
Speaker 3: I have a donation pile of things if I that I keep.
Speaker 4: Because I got to get this stuff out of my house.
Speaker 2: I can't be keeping single. But you're not going to donate a sock?
Speaker 3: No, yes, I will.
Speaker 4: I'll put it in the good will bag because they know because they know what to do. You're not supposed to throw textiles clothes in the trash. You're not supposed to do that. They they take forever to decompose. No, you're supposed to donate it, like if you take it's one of these places. Like they know how to get rid of textiles properly, as opposed to me putting it in the trash.
Speaker 2: So I'm getting rid of toxic waste here. Wow, I did I never heard this before. I throw away clothes all the time.
Speaker 4: Clothes are not supposed to go in the garbage. There are companies that will pick up your old clothes and drive for free. You shouldn't put them in the trash camp but do that.
Speaker 2: But okay, like, well that's why the landfills look like they do. But it's an old, bad company cut off T shirt. It's not to be worn by anybody else. It's like it needs to go like, you mean to tell me that there's people that are just gonna pick up clothing and not absolutely and not up cycle, then they can dispose of it properly for you. I don't know. I don't know how they do it.
Speaker 3: I just feel that I can't do it here. I'm gonna find it. I'll find I mean, I'll find how they do it. I guess I could google that.
Speaker 4: But there's a company here in Houston that will pick up your textiles.
Speaker 2: One of those barrels that Walter White got rid of bodies on breaking bed I put in so it evaporates, it breaks down everything. Yeah, that's probably to do it. Green City Recycler it a throw a bath hume stuff.
Speaker 4: Green City Recycler is a textile recycling company here in Houston that will divert your use clothing, shoes, and other household linen from the landfill.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's who you gotta go with.
Speaker 2: I don't really care if you need to care.
Speaker 4: Guys, this is what the guy, the climate guy was getting mound at us this morning, and this is probably there's another email coming in.
Speaker 2: I've had I've had two random socks that I threw in the garbage. Just I hate the planet. I guess how long did you say you were rolling with?
Speaker 5: I take I guess you take it back years of socks that I have no match for, where like I have I have my my white and my black socks in a drawer and if I find one that does not match it, then I just throw it to the side of that drawer and just hope that eventually it shows up. It matches up. And I have like twelve of them that do not have a match, and have not had a match for like two years now.
Speaker 2: They were both bombus socks.
Speaker 3: Especially it's like one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: They're expensive. Yeah, I just I was hanging on for dear life, just hoping, and they just never showed up. They never showed up.
Speaker 5: I can't I can't part with them where I'm like, eventually your buddy's gonna show up and I'm gonna have It'll be like a soldier coming home to surprise his child, but it'll be socks.
Speaker 2: Twenty nine percent of people say they keep the remaining sock indefinitely in hopes of finding the other one someday, even if it takes months or years decades. Nineteen percent of people. You pull your laundry out, you fold everything, you've got one sock, they immediately throw the other one away. You're a psycho and you a millionaires. He's buying socks all day every day.
Speaker 3: They don't have time, they have meetings, And.
Speaker 2: To be honest with you, there's no reason to lie. In a poll like this, nine percent claim they've never they never lose socks. Everyone has lost the sock. Everyone has lost the sock. You don't do it on purpose, it just happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they like just they walk away.
Speaker 2: If you do one load of laundry and there's one singular sock and his buddy's not there, you just throw that one away. That's crazy. Do you ever think you have a well, you have a well with somebody in the well in your basement.
Speaker 5: Do you ever have the one sock you can't find the match for it, So you just throw that clean one sock back into the dirty pile, and you're just like, well, I bet your match is also in this dirty pile. And then just keep having that same sock come back up with a match, and you're like, well, we'll just keep throwing it and here.
Speaker 2: Eventually they'll happen. I've absolutely done it. Yeah, it's just it's part of doing laundry. I'm sorry. Listen, I've ruined a lot of people's day today.
Speaker 3: Don't say don't say sorry, to say sorry to mother Earth.
Speaker 2: I have thrown away. I really didn't know that. You're not supposed to throw like I get it, Like the wipes and the toilet you're not supposed to be doing that, even the flushable ones.
Speaker 3: It's okay. But the sea because if you didn't know, then a lot of people didn't know.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't be throwing away your textiles and your old shoes.
Speaker 3: And all that stuff.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't toss them.
Speaker 4: There are there's there is a company that will come to your house to pick that up. Yes, their mission is to reduce the textile waste in the landfills.
Speaker 3: If they have time, you have time.
Speaker 2: I'm learning a lot today. What are you giving away? I know the show socks. I wish this website.
Speaker 4: I'm giving away this website Green City recycler dot com. Okay, I have a pair of tickets to see Highly Suspect November eighth by you Music Center.
Speaker 3: If you know the show, I need a question.
Speaker 2: We'll have a question for you on the Flip Rock and Alternative, The rod Ryan Morning Show. Six The Buzz, four or five The Buzz, Welcome back everybody, rod Ryan's show on this wild card Wednesday. Last segment of the show. Yeah, it's know the show. This is where you proved to us that you were listening. This something that we talked about today. Is anybody listening today? I think some people are. I think some people were looking for some escape.
Speaker 3: Is it listening or hearing?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know what the difference is. But if you were just happing to catch this segment, then you're gonna win highly suspect tickets. What are you ask him?
Speaker 3: I want to know what National Day it is? It has nothing to do with politics?
Speaker 2: Seven one or does it? Seven one three two one two five nine four five?
Speaker 7: If you know the show, the Right Run Show celebrating twenty years ninety four five to five, So it's drunk.
Speaker 2: Okay, ninety four to five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. Thirty seconds to Mars and the kill Bury me. All right, we made it, almost made it, We almost made it. We're almost there. Uh I do stand by? I hope you had a great start to your day today. I hope everybody has a great start to the day every day when I come in, no matter what happened the night before, I hope you have a great start to your day. Weather Wise, today I see nothing about a ten percent chance of rain, mostly sunny skies during the day. High of eighty two, twenty percent chance of rain tonight. Let's go, he's now time for I Know this show on ninety four to five. L l La La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la your morning rod Ryan Show. Who we got Reagan? What's up? Man? Hey Reagan, welcome to the show. How are you?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Fantastic? I like to hear that. I'm glad you're fantastic today. Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 3: Hey, Reagan? Tell me what national date is? It doesn't involve politics, not Joe Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess we would have had to accept because it is National Stress Awareness Day as well.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well that kind of involves politics a little bit.
Speaker 2: I think that's why I said, I go. You know, the timing of it isn't bad. It is not always the day after the election. Maybe it should be today's National Stress Awareness Day. But I guess the one that you were looking for is exactly what Reagan said, National not Shoe Day. We got a winner here.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I'm going to send Reagan to the highly suspect concert this Friday by you Music Center.
Speaker 3: Congratulations seeking for newing the shoe.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you so much. That's awesome. That is awesome. Reagan, continue having a great day, my man. Thank you for being a part of the show. I thank thank you, dude. So people were pulled. They found that eighty percent of us enjoy nachos. That's good enough to make nachos our favorite Mexican food. Nacho's in it one. Burritos just below nachos. Tacos with a snub, Caesa, dias fijidas and salsa round out your top five Salcita Nacho's also made the top five most popular dishes of all types of food. Wow, it's up there with like chocolate chip cookies. That's how good nachos are. Pretty good, chips and cheese.
Speaker 3: It's hard to beat.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, we gotta go just keep that music rolling. I'm gonna put Reagan on hold. Two time Hall of famer Scott the Birdman, he beat whatever Craig this morning. Two questions to answers. So Birdman's gonna go for win number three today, Scotty knows apparently. Thank you to the hype man for coming on. Pumpkin Spice Price is right. It was a great game today. Wild Card Wednesday was our number one link. Enjoy your nachos today. Stress Awareness Day. Okay, just be aware of your stress. I guess I don't know. Tomorrow is throwback Thursday, Fix the Graham Thursday, Read my lips Tomorrow Tessa takes on Chile at eight twenty. Okay, we're gonna play that game tomorrow, non stop nooner with Jeremy. Jeremy's always in a good mood. You won't even be able to tell. You will not be able to tell anything. Okay, Jeremy could back over his dog on the way to work. You would not know. You would not even know.
Speaker 3: Jeremy would never do that.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't, but you wouldn't know though. I mean, he's a professional. He never let him see you sweat. Jeremy would you would net? You don't know. Jeremy's gonna be a great mood today. Okay, today's gravy day. That means you're recording a podcast. Yeah, a new one, come out of the Election special. I've been waiting for this, talk about the election at Rod Ryan Show All Socials. I appreciate you guys watching us on YouTube this morning. I told you we get a big bike in our YouTube views and our Facebook live when the hype Man comes in. He was on with us at seven twenty today. You can go back and watch that stuff. If you want to see the hype Man in the studio for the pumpkin spice prices right, you can go back and check it out. It lives on our YouTube page and it lives on our Facebook page. Okay, okay. Test is on Houston Life today at one o'clock. And that's it. That's about all the mariachi music I can handle. What Wow, we gotta go, guys, we're on a twenty hour break. Have an awesome day.
Speaker 8: Amm Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 5: If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 15: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.