Speaker 1: All right. This is always fun when jab shares with us things that he has bought off the internet.
Speaker 2: We've had some doozies over the last couple of ye yeah, for sure. I call it instag got me. You know, their algorithms are just I don't know how they know what I'm looking for, but they do.
Speaker 3: What do you got this time? I well, let me set it up with this.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've gotten to the stage in my life where I'm just looking for really comfortable, casual shoes, possibly even washable.
Speaker 4: Washable takes it to the next level.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you. Washing shoes scares me. I'm real afraid to put a pair of tennis shoes. And Tricia does it all the time.
Speaker 5: I did all the time, but I only put it in with certain things because that I want all this shoegunk to get in with, like towels, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I believe these were even marketed as washable, and I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I haven't opened them yet.
Speaker 2: I haven't opened them, okay, and unboxing swabs, I don't remember what they look like when I ordered them. This was not like Amazon next Day took a minute so I've kind of forgotten.
Speaker 5: I feel like, I feel like they'll be white with a very thick soule, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm all right white.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with moccasin style.
Speaker 6: With a flat bottom and a thick soul.
Speaker 3: White. White. Yeah, I'm surprised I ordered white shoes, to be honest. But look at that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, those.
Speaker 3: Are good liking, Yes, those are good.
Speaker 2: Those I tend to get too much gray, So like, I'll just get some white ones and those that right, they're real like super spongy, you.
Speaker 3: Know, and wash?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are they are? They slip ons? Do you even have to tie them?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: These actually have laces. I haven't gone that far. I haven't. I'm not. I'm not getting sketchers with no laces yet.
Speaker 1: They make really badass nikes with no laces.
Speaker 2: The left ones white too, Those are nice jby.
Speaker 3: They just see the real gummy soul.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Are you worried they're too white?
Speaker 5: Normally when you get white shoes and I love a white shoe.
Speaker 4: They're kind of blindingly white at first.
Speaker 2: Right, they're a little too white for my taste?
Speaker 3: Yeah, up, a little yeah, but I'm going for comfort.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what puts you over the edge on those jb.
Speaker 2: You know when you see them on the little Instagram ad and they're just flexing them and.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the grown man, It wasn't the grown man on the skateboard on their website that I think, gosh, I could do that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, their ads do kind of look like viagrads. You know, you slip these off and get on your jet ski.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm on their website and the very first picture on their website is a man's legs.
Speaker 4: He's on a skateboard. It's his feet on a skateboard.
Speaker 1: Do you think I just did you think I just made that up? I was on the website too.
Speaker 4: I thought you totally just made it up.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have some really dumb moments, trush.
Speaker 4: Dub, But I don't think that's dumb.
Speaker 5: I thought you're being like stereotypical, like the older guys trying to be comfortable while they're still trying to be young gun things.
Speaker 2: I think I fall into this category, like you'll get this, Sandy. This this category that doesn't have a name, and it's maybe you can name it, but it's the gen X dude.
Speaker 3: Who's trying to hang on to some youth. So it's usually the slam down hat. Yeah, you know, so these white brim hat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're in your fifties and you're wearing the cap with the flat brim kind of down maybe kind of a cool T shirt that is in the shoes that are kind of like skate shoes.
Speaker 6: You're explaining. Doctor Greg Eckert is who you're explaining. He is a hipster. He's a gen x hipster. Yeah, but it is maybe that's what it is, a gen.
Speaker 2: X hipster, because I see it a lot around town. I'll go, oh, there's one right there that gay, and some are really good at it, like you like, really pulling it off, Like yeah, there's twice.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, dang, I wish I was that cool in my fifties.
Speaker 2: And then some people try to pull off and you're like, oh no, it's yeah.
Speaker 1: You need good hair to do it to start out with. You know, you can't be like partially balding and are bald like me.
Speaker 2: Or wear the hat or wear the hat hat. You got to be in good shape if you're a dude to get away. You can't have a guy right.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that gives it away.
Speaker 1: From the gut is dad bod.
Speaker 3: You know that's a different category.
Speaker 1: But I know exactly what you're doing with some guys. I never want to be the guy that's hanging on too tight, trying too hard. I don't want to be that guy at all.
Speaker 3: I want to age to my age, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's the same thing with women, right Tricia, you just go, oh, she's she's girl.
Speaker 4: You're way past being able to wear that dress like that?
Speaker 3: Are you way.
Speaker 4: Past being able to wear your hair and makeup like that?
Speaker 3: You can't do bangs anymore. I'm sorry you do that. Bangs never work.
Speaker 5: Bangs are not normally good choice for anybody. I mean I am constantly talking my friends down out of bangs.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: They decide they're in a rent and they want something new, and everybody, all the girls think bangs are the answer.
Speaker 3: They're not. They'll get you well, JB.
Speaker 1: I think the shoes. Those are cool shoes, and I think that'll help you. That's for the look you're going for. I think it'll work. Job did job at least throughout a pair of tassel loafers, you know.
Speaker 6: What I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't own any loafers both shoes. Yeah, I don't have like, no sperrs. No, I don't have any spirit although they do make some canvas spurries that are kind of cool, but the classic leather spurry.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what were the I think did Tom Shoes start here?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah? Are they still around? I guess so? You boy, you don't see him like you did? Right?
Speaker 7: And there were the dude shoes that kids were wearing short lived bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to know something crazy is? Uh so the guy that started Tom Shoes, his name escapes me right now, Mike Cosky something my Cosky.
Speaker 3: His sister started avi eight or Nation.
Speaker 4: Stop it the sunglasses?
Speaker 2: Yep, No, Aviator Nation is the rainbow retro a pair of old where oh oh, hats are one hundred dollars and sweatshirt is three hundred dollars. So there's a store on South Congress. It's crazy expensive. Wow, very stylish stuff. But they're brother and sister. What are the odds of that? Unbelievable in a very tough industry. Yeah, yeah, good for them. I feel like I'm looking at Aviator Nation stuff.
Speaker 1: I know I'm gonna get bombarded with ads from the swab chess, you av shoes and Tricia, you're getting the Aviator Nation stuff. And again this goes back to the other day, looking at crap we can't afford.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, we're back, We're in it.
Speaker 3: We keep getting sucked into it.
Speaker 2: It's you'll be shocked at the prices if you walk into an Aviator Nation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they sell it at Nordstrom, so that's kind of a kind of an indicator that it's up there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but both you.
Speaker 2: Imagine being that like the parents and like your two kids build these huge brands and they're multi multi, multi millionaires.
Speaker 3: Well it would be nice they.
Speaker 5: Could retire, retire you wet pants one hundred and fifty cotton sweatpants one hundred six bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, they've got to be super super compy. Thank you, such good stuff, but it's overpriced.
Speaker 1: Don't forget Longhorned Ladies playing Saturday two thirty against Tennessee. They're the number one seed in the Sweet sixteen and going for a national championship. As far as Longhorn basketball, that's what you've got to root for. Uh this weekend, Well, look at you. You made it all the way to the end. Thank you. I appreciate it. Would you do me another solid and copy and paste the link to this podcast to email it to a few of your friends, and would you also post it on social media