Speaker 1: On on.
Speaker 2: Well Good du the Sea Seal Brea Siow for episode five O one, five one, five hundred and one.
Speaker 3: It feels like we're starting over.
Speaker 1: Holy shit.
Speaker 3: Yes, we are brought to you by the wonderful patrons at Patreon dot com a slash ce Seal podcast, whether they like it or not. We got a new one from last week, so we're gonna thank them on the show proper. Tomorrow we're gonna cover some Edging to Eternity.
Speaker 1: Wait what I thought Spider Man was the newest ship.
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, doesn't it come out like tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're having this thing again where Ether Drift happened, but Final Fantasy immediately followed it the day that it came out, and it's like he is forgetting and now it's Edge Eternity.
Speaker 1: It hasn't even the official release date is next Friday.
Speaker 3: Huh, yeah, I thought it was out already.
Speaker 1: That's pre release.
Speaker 2: The official release date for Edge of Eternity hasn't even happened yet, and then already half spoiled Spider Man.
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Dang? You know what, I liked Edging to Eternity. I wanted to do that.
Speaker 1: Well, are you excited about it not excited enough, asshole. That's spider Man o'clock swinging in true believers, Oh.
Speaker 3: No, no, this is this is Spider Man. You think he's doing the web thing, but he's actually like doing to give me your money thing.
Speaker 1: This is true, Yes, this is very true.
Speaker 3: We're going to talk about Edge of Eternity legendary creatures tomorrow on CECO five O one. We are I'm actually pumped. There's a few that I want to talk about that are going in my ninety nines. There's at least one. I know that you had a dramatic revelation about just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 1: A ye, yes, and I'm very excited about.
Speaker 3: And I gotta think of like a way to describe how spicy or how nasty a commander is. So I'm gonna I'm thinking I gotta like come up with a scale, like the scale goes from white bread all the way to like.
Speaker 1: A white bread that is now brown bread.
Speaker 3: Like like a stepmom and a sun dress of no underwear on, or something like nasty like like shacks Dick like.
Speaker 1: Something like that, like all the way like the shacks Dick. Just Kevin Hart.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, apparently I've never seen either. I can imagine. And we've got some comments from the CEO booster back game we did from last week's show. I've got them on my phone right here.
Speaker 1: We're gonna use them.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought we're I thought we're gonna do them right now.
Speaker 1: No, we're gonna do him on the show.
Speaker 2: So you know who's good, because I don't know who's fucking good except that Red guy.
Speaker 1: Anybody else sucks.
Speaker 3: Probably the Red Haste guy where he gives all your guys. Yeah, yeah, I I wanted to talk about that. And just before we started recording, we were talking about some CEO Dude bros and fans and friends and people in the nation that are coming in August and going to do some guest appearances.
Speaker 1: Is it coming for a visit? That's pretty fun?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for like a long visit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We got to convince Mac and Rachel that they've got to move to Canada. That's what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Is that what we're doing.
Speaker 3: That's what the whole point of this whole thing is. Oh yeah, but don't tell him that. Okay, actually he knows that. Don't tell her that. Okay, he's on board. I won't tell her that good. How am I going to convince her? Though?
Speaker 1: We should take her to the zoo. I don't know if that's.
Speaker 3: Going to I think we got to go a little bit deeper than that.
Speaker 1: We have a really good steak sandwich. I'd probably do it, hey.
Speaker 3: Probably, yeah, yeah, that'll probably do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah?
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 1: What else do you got? We?
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like over the last month, I haven't done a lot of Commander cookoating, though I have played every like every on one of our regular nights. Oh shit, yeah, I played just played two games with my lands deck. And there's a new legend from Edge of Eternity that's probably gonna go in and talk about that tomorrow. And I just picked up some singles from Fusion Gaming online dot com. Maybe you've heard of them for the mind Skinner, I figured, And you'll like this because I know that you love the mind Skinner.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 3: If it's going to be the Boogieman anyways, I might as well boogie woogie like I might as well boogie all the way sure, because I'm gonna Millia for ten or you, I mean, anybody, right, and they're gonna get upset my bets guard right right as they do, and I might as well at least try to keep my fricking money's worth before my commander dies four times because I milled.
Speaker 1: You for twenty, right, so you just put Rouba back in and oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we reckon the boys. He's it's on. And I was looking at Excalibur, the one from Assassin's Creed. Assassin's Creed. Yeah, it costs twelve, but it's reduced by every no historic permanent that you have. Yeah, And I thought, man, what if I what if I made it sort of like an artifact deck. It was kind of just a sh model of just blue stuff that I had that I wanted to play that I've never played before. Right, And now I'm thinking, man, I could put like artifact lands in there. Frog might mirror Mere Enforcer and since mirrored. And there's been a bunch of just random affinity for artifact artifacts in modern Horizon sets. They're like two two's with flying for five, but they have affinity for artifacts, so they cost one. And I thought, man if I can get my ten to one on turn three, coupled or followed or preceded by a couple two ones or four fours with equipments on it and swing for instead of ten, swing for twenty across four bodies. That might be okay, And that way, if mind Skinner dies, I can cast it for five and still hit you for ten with other guys. But I'm diversifying my threats. I'm going wide if you will sure, And I thought that would be pretty cool, I guess, and it gives me more staying power because like kill mind Skinner, hit you for twenty and then I die, isn't like I don't know. I'm caught between wanting to go tall and wanting to go wide, and I'm thinking if I go wide with the supplemental go tall as a way to finish the game.
Speaker 1: Right, that's how you win with uh, what's your face? Town of the butt Sewer?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yes, I have one giant dude, and then once she dies a few times, I have a bunch of little guys left over and I can try and use them to cobble together a victory.
Speaker 3: Cobbling together a victory is the story of my life.
Speaker 2: It works good, it totally works. Sometimes when it does work, sometimes it doesn't work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the other stuff I picked up was some actually some final fantasy stuff, Tifa's Limit Break. Got a card, Yes, Tifa's Limit Break for Shrufus, and some other pump spells for Srufus. I want to try that kind of avenue where, instead of just trying to make mass saperlings with old saperlink cards that are fun, fun and remind me of my childhood in a simpler time, where a dozen eggs wasn't twenty four dollars, right, et cetera. I've got some pump spells.
Speaker 1: Dude, we're trying to convince people to move to Canada. Don't tell them how much the eggs cost.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck, come on, I think they're that much in the Land of the Free, Land of the Free, except if you want eggs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, free eggs.
Speaker 3: No free eggs, mind you. Dairy is pretty pretty cheap there, We got cheap dairy. I don't do a lot of grocery shopping in my household lately. I don't know the record works from home now, so she just like fucks off into town and just buys groceries.
Speaker 2: Oh the other day, I was walking down the street and I saw a whole bunch of bags on somebody's step and I was like, man, probably somebody's house, and Amazon guys at Dickhead, like, why don't he leave so many packages on this guy's front lawn? And then in terms of it was a grocery order. And then after I learned that, I realized, man, I should have taken some.
Speaker 1: Of those things. You should have just taken it because I ain't got no food. No, I don't have any food.
Speaker 2: Right, we do have new stunt beers in the freezer, though, well we won't after this day, and we're gonna the stunt beers.
Speaker 3: The stunt beers are gonna go on strike because they just keep getting drunk. Well, no, we won't go We don't want to get drinked.
Speaker 1: If he didn't want to get drink they would have grown legs. Run away, yeah, faster that.
Speaker 3: You know what. It's too bad that when everybody's coming here in a couple of weeks from now, all the canola fields are going to be green instead of yellow. I'm kind of sad about that. That's like one of the things that Saskatchewan is famous for is the yellow canola field.
Speaker 2: Were you planning on taking them for a drive on the highway to my house?
Speaker 1: They're all staying at my Why are you staying at my house?
Speaker 3: You don't think anybody's staying at your house except Jared and Brad. I think Brad's staying at my house.
Speaker 2: No, i'e staying for a night with me too, because he's gonna come here later and he's gonna do a very special stream on the Dufferent Avenue Media Network twitch stream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonn tweet.
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe some double Dragon or something I think he had mentioned, but we're gonna do something with Rusty Trump.
Speaker 1: Jones on the twitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he's like, he's a little bit of a retro gamer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, he's a freaking nerve.
Speaker 2: A door ca Yeah, like games, games, freaking video games.
Speaker 3: What the he get a get a real job? He's got a He's got actually a really good real job. But you'll have to ask him about it, because he was he was telling me about some cool stuff he was working on since the last time I saw him.
Speaker 2: Oh man, So, since I don't have just no job stories with Brando, so five color model a Angel Aaron is our local astronaut front. Yes, he drives a giant microwave laser is a job, Yes, he drives like the death Star, like that.
Speaker 3: One, that one station that does one hundred to something.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, that's really his job. That's his job. And it turns out that.
Speaker 2: If you like ask nicely at his job, you can just have a tour of the facility. Yeah, so cool, I'm gonna go for a tour of this facility. That's like a freaking microwave death laser.
Speaker 1: Is there nothing else to do? Could you get excited? Could you get it?
Speaker 3: Could you get him to aim it at the tax center in Winnipeg that audited my wife.
Speaker 1: I'd just blast that place.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. It doesn't really point down. He said that you could hit the tops of some of the buildings downtown though.
Speaker 3: He said he cooked a ham with it at Christmas one time.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but you've got to like go.
Speaker 3: Up and he threw the ham in the air like a skeet.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can't. You don't like point it at the.
Speaker 3: Town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got it. I understood. I got what you were doing with that.
Speaker 2: But you can't like point it down because if you put it on the ground and tried to use the laser to microwave the ham, it would also kill all the grass and like because it was going down, it would probably incinerate like a log.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like like the laser that's going up towards James Bond's crotch.
Speaker 2: Exactly every cartoon in the nineties, it would burn down that whole strip mall over there.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's definitely on the on campus, isn't it. Yeah, Yeah, no, strip mall. There's a strip mall there, No Preston crossing. Definitely a vaccination clinic. Oh that way, yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're pointing, I'm pointing the other direction. Yes.
Speaker 3: He shoots the vacks oh Man five color model White Angel, Aaron's super secret Frickin' villain heel turn is. He aims his microwave death ray at the vaccination clinic literally next door where they have communicable diseases on lockdown. My job as a project there right now, Like I can't even go into the building because I don't have the right clearance. You need fucking clearance like on movies that have like venom.
Speaker 1: And shit in the right Yeah.
Speaker 3: And Aaron shoots that building with the laser death ray and lets out the plague into the world. And he's the only guy with the freaking vaccine for it, and he's like super villain now because he can control who lives. It's just like, what's that game where you have to Oh no, I'm thinking of the game where you actually have to kill the world of population, not save it. Oh but maybe Mono White five color Angel Aeron is Mono death ray all the plagues in the world.
Speaker 1: Angel Aeron veto INTERVAC. That's Western Canada's biggest disease research center.
Speaker 3: Yes, vaccination and.
Speaker 1: They do other stunity.
Speaker 2: Have you met any of the dudes we used to have a really do you remember the guy's name, producer Gary, the guy that runs that place. He used to be on the radio all the time with us. He's a really nice man. Yeah, he's a super good guy. I can't remember his name though.
Speaker 1: I feel bad.
Speaker 2: Not a super villain, not a villain, very nice man. That's yes, Yes, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that is a very top of the list question when interviewing for that job.
Speaker 1: Are you a super villain?
Speaker 3: Any aspirations for super villainy?
Speaker 1: Have you ever considered using your position here to take over parts of the world.
Speaker 3: Or wipe out the global population of a certain.
Speaker 2: Species, human or otherwise and then they say no, if you said yes to that question, does the interview just end in this again, thank you for coming out.
Speaker 3: Like I think it's funnier if you go ha ha oh. I had aspiration to that when I was a kid. Yeah ah, but no, seriously, that dream died.
Speaker 1: A loud a long time and when I had to get a.
Speaker 3: Job, Yeah, I think that's what you do and just play it off like super dry, sarcastic humor like that, and they don't know if you're serious or not. But you're the right guy for the job. Obviously you got the resume to back it up and stuff. So they give you a chance. And for a long time it's great. But then maybe his wife leaves them, he develops a drinking problem and he goes, eh, fuck it, fuck all the cows in the world, like and then they let this disease out that kills all the cows and he controls all the Yeah, that could be Angel, Aaron and and and he would be like the Angel of vaccines or just Angel and he sells like Angel dust vaccine and you gotta snort it just like New Kapina.
Speaker 1: Jesus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is getting deep. Yeah, well that sounds like a sci fi novel or the next MCU movie.
Speaker 2: I'm quite certain that that now, because there's a named villain that has a motivation and a backstory. There's no way that's a Marvel movie.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, mmmm sure. Anyways, that could be Angel Aaron in real life, or it could be me playing my mind Skinner deck, and I think I might just have to lean all the way into it. See how we came back around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're talking about magic again, and it's gonna.
Speaker 3: Be turned two or three mind skinner auto equip double strike, double combats and making token copies that aren't legendary and hit you for eighty and mill one hundred and sixty.
Speaker 2: Is there a card that gives something bigliness equally to your devotion to a color?
Speaker 1: Does that card exist? If it doesn't, it should I would like that card? Or would that be like too good? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, nothing is too good of you just cost it appropriately, and then then it would be too bad to cheat the cost of like making it super costly. You have to find ways to circumvent the cost or make a lot of currency to pay that cost. See L Drowsy, Yes right, See I don't know why. Why is exanguinates good? Sure, but it's only good if you have like twenty mana. Yeah right, it's exanguonate x equels to. Isn't that great?
Speaker 1: It'll keep you in the game front of the turn maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but you got to solve for cost usually in magic, right is see what we're just talking about. Excalibur cost twelve unless I put fifty artifacts in my deck. But then unless you have treasures or treasures or scrap or and if I'm playing that devotion card, maybe it's.
Speaker 1: An equipment right, yeah, it probably would be.
Speaker 3: And then that card's not that good because I got a lot of artifacts in my deck. Yep. That yeah, I don't know. That's magic one on one and World Villainy with Ryan and Brandle.
Speaker 1: We did it. Should we talk about legend Nairy Spacemen?
Speaker 3: We should uh c CEO five oh one tomorrow hit our theme song bb