Speaker 1: Good evening, everyone, and welcome to another edition of The Cajun Night Live. I am your host, Jacob Mook, the Cajun Knight, And as always, we do have a few things that I would like to talk about on this evening. Some geopolitical, some American kerfuffling going on here. I don't know if anybody's heard about this, but Northrop Grumming just had an explosion at one of their munitions manufacturing facilities in Utah. We'll be discussing it. Also, a Facebook whistleblower. I guess I don't want to just say Facebook, right, it's the metaverse and all of that has come forward before US representatives to explain how Zuckerberg completely sold us out to the CCP, knowingly, belligerently, all the things alongside that. Apparently the tariff war that's going on. China just blinked and has agreed to come to the negotiation table after Trump hit them with a collective two hundred and forty five percent tariff rate. We're gonna talk about that too. Also, Chernobyl might be healing itself. Apparently there is a new black fungus that is actually drinking in it's feeding itself off of toxic radiation, and I don't know how this has happened. Nature finds a way, you know, I have my religious beliefs as to how nature finds away. Some people will say that it's science and evolution fixing itself. Either way you want to slice it, that's good shit. We have a lot of good things to discuss on this evening. So as we move on, I'm going to take a little gander over here at the chat. Royce Sen sends something in here, what is this dead woman turning up in New England? Beach Town's police denial way, whoa, whoa? We got a serial killer in New England eventually, potentially allegedly. Okay, all right, well hey why not. I'm gonna pull that one up too. We'll see what the time looks like if we get to the end of it it. Oh man, oh wow, okay, yeah, this is from people, so yes, I know it's a tabloid. Me me me, you know, I A if we have a new serial killer on the lose, I think we should discuss it, so, uh, you know, to start, let's go ahead and get in on the Facebook conversation. I'm gonna go ahead and share the screen at this time. And for anybody that is listening to this on Thursday who would like to be a part of this conversation or see what we are talking about, then please come check out the Cajun Night on Patreon. It is the only place, Okay, it's the only place to see what we're doing here. It's the only place to be able to join in on the conversation. And there's only one tier for injury. Not trying to have no kind of other whole side hustle here. It's just a way to uh get this collective group, all of the same mindset to be a part of this conversation. This is a ten minute long video. I'm not gonna play all of it. I want to play maybe like six minutes of it, but I do want to stop and talk about a few things along the way. So just off the title here. This is from Forbes Breaking News. Facebook whistleblower makes shot claim about Mark Zuckerberg during senate testimony. Y'all get ready for this one, because Zuckerberg has had this weird character arc, if you will, right under the Biden administration, he was that weird alien dude that was sitting on top of two separate couch cushions when he was testifying, right, and he had like this whole thing where he was drinking water like some sort of animatronic thing. All of a sudden he starts doing BJJ. He lets his hair grow out a little bit, and then he goes on Rogan like six months ago, and he seems like a normal, almost bro, like an almost normal guy. Then we find out these things about him and it's like, ooh, man, that character arc age like milk. But let's listen in.
Speaker 2: They all turn it over to you, Thanks very much, missus chairman. In order to operate in China, the Kindis Party requires American companies to register with authorities and host servers inside the country. And I think it's pretty well known that Chinese law requires that security services are allowed access to any data hosted within the country. Did any of Facebook's security team or its engineers raise concerns to management about American's private information being exposed to Chinese.
Speaker 3: Spye, Yes, Senata, they did.
Speaker 2: How did they do that?
Speaker 3: They documented their concern in a number of ways. They noted that this would happen, that the Chinese would get access to the data, and they also noted that they're concerned in other discussions and other documentations saying, you know, my red line as a security engineer is to not be comfortable with us, But my red line is not Mark Zuckerberg's red line.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can explain what you mean by that.
Speaker 3: The engineer was saying that they were not comfortable with the way the China Project was structured that would allow the Chinese Communist Party to potentially access American citizens data. But in saying that, they noted that, you know, that's a red line for me as a security engineer. That's not Mark Zuckerbog's red line.
Speaker 2: Did you sense he had any red line?
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 2: If he did, you don't know what it was.
Speaker 1: I don't right off the rip here just gonna say. And they talk about this as like a backdated conversation like this was you know, a few years back or whatever. Then they kind of go into that this is more modern, as in within the last twelve months. This is not good. This is not a good look for us. And yes, I understand everybody I harp on West Taiwan aka China being America's biggest threat at this time, and that is a very true statement. And That's why a lot of the people in DC, namely Trump is coming at them in the way that they are, although he's doing it for tariff and trade reasons. The data situation is something that we've talked about it at length as far as why that's so dangerous for them to get American data in that way. And that's a very good point. For anything of the metaverse to operate inside of China, they have to operate off of Chinese servers that are owned in part by the CCP, and they have to have access to all of that. Those servers can go backwards, right, It's like hacking a system. There's always a backdoor. If you're able to hack in to the servers located in China, then you're able to hack into the entire metaverse through the servers in China. And apparently Zuckerberg knew about this and said, yeah, run it, but let's continue.
Speaker 2: If you have more information related to these spying risks, would you be willing to share it with a committee? I would, Senator, And Mark Zuckerberg was knowledgeable about the planning, and do you know whether he was knowledgeable about the risks as well.
Speaker 3: My understanding is that the risk is the hardest part of the plan, so it's unthinkable that he was not aware of the risk.
Speaker 2: Nothing happened here without his approval and knowledge.
Speaker 3: This was a project unlike any other project I worked on during my time. It matter and that it was so centrally led by Mark Zuckerberg, and he was so personally invested in this project. He learned Mandarin, he traveled to China more than any other country, He had weakly Mandarin sessions with employees, and this was It's hard to overstate how different this project was to any other project I experienced in my many years of the company.
Speaker 2: So there would be no credibility to his denying that he knew about the risks. He knew about the concerns raised by his engineers and his China team, and he was intimately involved in not only the planning and the engineering, but also in taking those risks Sanator.
Speaker 3: He was traveling to Beijing.
Speaker 2: In the documents submitted to.
Speaker 1: The Okay, real quick, real quick, Yeah, that's some pretty damning evidence like Okay, your boy picking up a second language or I don't know how many languages Marcus Zuckerberg speaks, but fine, learning Mandarin. That is a red flag, but only if you're looking for it to be a red flag. I understand that, right, Fine, giving the credit where it's due, going and having weekly meetings with representatives in China that over of course are of the CCP, and then going to Beijing to have these kinds of formal face to face meetings about all of this, knowing full well the security risks and saying yeah, run it. It's just it's part of this business. Yeah, massive red flag. And again I would personally say, arguably treason is but we're going.
Speaker 2: To continue subcommittee. Facebook appears to have been willing to provide the data of users in Hong Kong to the Chinese government at a time when pro democracy protesters were opposing Beijing's crackdown. Is that impression correct and how did Facebook treat Taiwan or Hong Kong?
Speaker 3: That impression is correct. And one of the more surprising things is that as part of the censorship tool that was developed, there were virality counters, So anytime a piece of content got over ten thousand views, that would automatically trigger it being reviewed by what they called the chief editor. And what was particularly surprising is that the virality counters were not just installed, but activated in Hong Kong and also in Taiwan.
Speaker 1: All right, let's just make sure we heard that one right. Okay. So they literally had a filter on this to where any post, any thread, anything that was going on in metaverse that got over ten thousand views or shares or anything. Okay. Ten thousand is not a big number as far as the world of content creation goes, right, as far as the world of social media goes, if something got ten thousand hits of any type, it would immediately get viewed by the chief editor again, a representative from the CCP for review to make sure that it wasn't putting anything in a negative light quote unquote, specifically in Hong Kong and Taiwan. And Zuckerberg said, yeah, run that shit, all right, all right, let.
Speaker 2: Me ask you. I raised in my remarks, and I know that a number of other colleagues did as well, the record of misrepresentation and to see one of our former colleagues. Senator Lahy asked Mark Zuckerberg in twenty eighteen whether Facebook would comply with Chinese censorship and surveillance demand. Even asked if Facebook had built censorship tools to enter the Chinese market, and Zuckerberg responded, I'm quoting because Facebook has been blocked in China since two thousand and nine. We are not in a position to know exactly how the government would seek to apply its laws and regulations on content were we permitted to offer our service to Chinese users. Ms Williams, was that accurate?
Speaker 4: That is not accurate.
Speaker 3: You know, hundreds of decisions had been made, and by twenty eighteen, they'd been in dialogue directly with the Chinese Communist Party for four years.
Speaker 2: The fact is, by twenty eighteen, Facebook built, it even turned on censorship and surveillance tools that it developed. It developed for Chinese security officials.
Speaker 3: Correct, it developed, and those Chinese Communist Party officials tested the censorship tool, and we'll give feedback and say this needs to change, or we need this, or we need confidence that you can capture images and filter images we don't want seeing it.
Speaker 2: You know, we talk a lot about nineteen eighty four, Facebook developed a Varrylity counter tool that directed any posts of over ten thousand views to be reviewed by an Orwellian named quote unquote chief editor. Is that correct?
Speaker 4: That's correct?
Speaker 2: And was the chief editor's geographic reach limited to mainland China or did they plan to cover other locations.
Speaker 3: They planned to cover Hong Kong and Taiwan, as.
Speaker 2: My understanding, so their surveillance operation was directed at Taiwan on that's my understanding.
Speaker 5: Session.
Speaker 1: And now that also, yeah, I understand that makes sense, right because China is of the belief that Taiwan is theirs or something, and they were also of the belief that Hong Kong should be a part of China. That was the whole reason for the uh, for the the riots and all of that that happened not too terribly long ago. But yeah, so I know what they're trying to get at here, and they don't expressly say it, but essentially they are getting at the point to where they're saying that China is just going to do that only on Chinese territory. Right, Obviously they're not. They're not gonna do that to any other country. However, they had the ability to because the metaverse is in fact one cohesive metaverse. Yes, I'm sure it differs country to country and region or region, it's only a hack away any of it's only a hack away. So if they were putting a virility counter on Taiwanese and Kong posts at that time, for the principle of trying to make sure that everything was in line and following in with you know what the CCP deemed to be appropriate. Yeah, that's not that's not positive, y'all. This is not a good thing for anybody, especially not America, and the fact that Zuck lied overtly lied about all of it is a reason for concern, if nothing else. So once again, I'm not saying fully treason this, but I'm also saying that I trust Zuck even less than I already did. Merlin, I see your hand raise, Please go ahead.
Speaker 5: Well, I was just reading the article on the tech spot, and it also says that since this happened, her book sales have gone through the root. I could believe that, but also that let me find out.
Speaker 6: Part of the art.
Speaker 1: There was an article.
Speaker 5: Meta has denied allegations, with spokesman Andy Stone calling her claims divorced from reality. He acknowledged that the company explored entering the Chinese market more than a decade ago, but emphasize that Meta does not coop does not operate services in JHN also accused when Williams of reviving outdated and false accusations for the best selling memoir Careless People, A Cautionary Tale of power greed. Yeah, but that's what they're saying about it crazy.
Speaker 1: It makes sense that they would also take an oppositional stance to this and for the oh yeah God to be able to show her sipts. That's all I'm saying, because she is making some very very bold claims. And I'm not even saying bold isn't like hard to believe. I'm just saying overall that is, uh, that's damning uh accusations. So let's hope, let's hope and pray that that is not what happened. Zuck seriously didn't sell out the metaverse to the CCP, But you know, I honestly don't know. I don't trust him anyway. I didn't trust him before I heard any of these things, especially with China being what they are. I'm gonna let my favorite Taiwanese man speak on this at this moment, Donald Trump, don't trust China. China is ass ho. I fucking love that guy, like I think he's done my actual spirit animal. I wish I knew his name. I wish I can get him on the show. He's just great. Donal Trump, don't trust China. China is ass ho. Yes, I know I'm not mature enough to have certain conversations this guy. I have a feel I'm gonna be playing more from him in a pit. But anyway, all right, all right, so let's shift off of China for a moment, and then we're gonna talk back about China here in a minute. All right. I did want to shift gears, though, towards this black fungus that might be healing Chernobyl by drinking the radiation. All right, this is this is insane. It's through a process very similar to photosynthesis, but photo radiation synthesis. But I'm probably butchering how that's pronounced. That's right, Let's read in on this. This is from a Forbes article. The explosion of the Number four reactor in Chernobyl Nuclear power Plant near pre Piat, probably mispronouncing that in Ukraine on April twenty six, nineteen eighty six, remains the worst nuclear disaster in human history. It left a thirty kilometer exclusion zone, a deserted landscape where high radiation levels remained even now, decades after the incident, where human settlement and habitations are restricted within this zone. However, scientists have discovered an unlikely survivor, a resilient black fungus called yeah, I'm not even gonna try to pronounce that ladin, sorry, y'all. After the Chernobyl disaster, scientists observe patches of blackened growths on the walls of the Number four reactor fung guy that seemed to thrive where radiation was highest. This is actually a picture of it, and it kind of looks like a black sand dollar almost. I'm sure I don't know the actual size of that. I don't know that's like the size of a quarter or the size of like, you know, a doablloon or whatever, but like, yeah, I could kind of see that the fungus has adapted to a level of radiation that would like that would be lethal for most life forms. Even more fascinating is its ability to feed on this radiation, using it as a source of energy, similar to how plants use sunlight for photosynthesis. Further research discovered that spoor and some other black fungi species like geez, there's so many of these big words, all right, other types of black fung guy species possess melanin, the pigment responsible for human skin color. However, in these fungui, the melanin serves a different purpose. It absorbed radiation, which was then converted into usable energy, allowing it to grow in areas with intense radioactive exposure. Now, the fungus itself belongs to a group of fung guid known as radiotropic fungui. Radiotropic organisms can capture and utilize ionizing radiation to drive metabolic metabolic processes. In the case of this particular black fung god, its high melanin content allows it to absorb radiation, similar to how plants absorb sunlight through chlorophyll. According to an October two thousand and eight article published in the National Library of Medicine, while this process is not identical to photosynthesis, it serves as a comparable purpose and converts energy from the environment to sustained growth. This phenomenon, called radiosynthesis, has opened up exciting avenues in biochemistry and radiation research, which I personally just on my own little two cents here, that is amazing. Literally, nature finds a way to fix itself even when humans do shit to destroy it. It's beautiful, but anyway, melanin, found in many living organisms, acts as a natural shield against UV radiation. However, in this black fung guy, it does more than shield. It facilitates energy production by converting gamma radiation into chemical energy. An article published in the journal plus one in two thousand and seven confirmed this unusual energy production mechanism, showing that fung gui, like the black fung guy here, grown in high radiation environments tends to grow faster than those in non radioactive conditions. It is a discovery that is reshaping scientists understanding of the survival strategies of extremophiles, organisms that can withstand extreme environmental conditions. I think also i've heard that term be used. What's that volcanic snail that has like an iron shell and it lives like near the lava. I think they also consider that an extremophile. Anyway, radiotropic fung guy may be an ally in battling radiation. The discovery of this new fung guy in the Chernobyl exclusion zone has brought renewed attention to the radiotropic fung guy, particularly for their potential role in bioremediation, the process of using living organisms to remove pollutants from the environment. In radioactive sites like Chernobyl, where conventional cleanup methods are challenging and hazardous, radiotropic fung guy can provide a safer, natural alternative, according to an April two thousand and eight article published in Film's Microbiology Letter, Since this fung guy can absorb radiation and use it as fuel, scientists are exploring the feasibility of deploying these fung gui to contain and potentially reduce radiation levels in contaminated areas Beyond the borders of the exclusion zones. Scientists are investigating other applications, especially in the field of space exploration. Okay, the harsh, radiation heavy environment of space is one of the most significant challenges facing long term missions to Mars and beyond. This fun guy has already been seen, has already been sent rather to the International Space Station for experiments to determine whether its unique radiation tolerance could protect astronauts from cosmic radiation. Early results have been promising, suggesting that this fung guy could potentially be used to develop radiation resistant habitats or even provide radiation shielding shielded food sources. For space travelers. All right, so I see two hands raised Merlin, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Oh shit, my bad, I forgot to unraise my hand.
Speaker 1: Oh all good things, all right, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Raven I dropped in the chat two different links. One link the last the link that I just did. Is it actually a scientific if people wanted.
Speaker 4: To read it.
Speaker 7: It's like really scientific about the black fungi and like all the different ways that they are using it in the black yeast, and how they've like pretty much they've been stressing it. They stress test it to see what it can survive. Stress simulation experiments demonstrated that the organism can withstand physiochemical stress factors even far beyond those of natural habitats. And it was I read the other article was talking about the capacity of this organism is consense radioactivity and.
Speaker 4: Directly grows towards it.
Speaker 7: And it's not only growing in spite of the radiation, it's changing and manipulating itself because of it. There's actually this is actually really fascinating. I've read like four articles since you brought it up.
Speaker 1: Wow, And I mean that's the thing. I had never even heard of this. You're actually the one that sent me this article. Was it yesterday, Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's it actually was discovered in nineteen ninety nineteen ninety one, five years after the disaster, they piloted a robot and they discovered the jet black fungus growing on the inside of the reactors. After that, a team of microbiologists and virologists went into the site regularly. Their first impressions were like they were talking about that it was really sad, but they could tell that this organism was growing a whole bunch And then through the nineties they went a whole bunch of times and found that over two hundred fungal species are growing at the site, including the jet black fungi with the melanin pigment in it pigment in it. And then that's when they hypothesized, like why is it there and what is it doing? And they found that its ionizing radiation altered the structure of the melon in molecules in a way that it encouraged this fungi to grow faster than identical samples that were not exposed radiation, and the closer the fungui was to the source of radiation, the more melanin was expressed. In short, the black fung guy were not only growing in spite of the radiation, they were changing and growing because of it.
Speaker 1: So now I'm wondering, and I don't know if the article you're reading has said anything about it. So is this a new species? Jesus, I can't speak? Is this a new species altogether? Like did this just one hundred years ago? Or did this grow because the conditions were right inside of that burned out reactor for it to form on its own?
Speaker 7: It looks like so that the really scientific species like a species. The scientific one that I'm reading is talking that it has like multiple types in this group of family, and that this one in particular is they haven't seen it grow before because it didn't have the extreme environments to grow in. But this is a part of this species that has been found all over the place in harsh climates, and so it looks like it says Additionally, the substantial parts of isolates from stressing environments is represented by microcolonies of fungi and black yeast. So it's a yes and no, Like this is a new it's it's changing how it's the melanin is reacting, so it technically is a new species.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's been around, but it's also because the conditions are right, it was able to thrive rather than just kind of growing a lab somewhere.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, well, like like they said that it's changing the actual molecular level on how it interacts because it's growing to the radiation and it's changing how it's absorbing the melanin, and it's increasing instead of decreasing. So I was trying to read the entire art because I was trying to get to this space part about it because I wanted to see what it said about that part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see what you can find on that, because I'm going to read this next part here, the power of adaptation to drive innovation. Here, it says, in addition to its unique feeding habits, this fungus is also renowned for its hard hardenedness excuse me. It can withstand low temperatures, high salt concentrations, and extreme acidity, making one of the most resilient fungi ever discovered. Its ability to adapt to hostile environments has given researchers hope that it may hold clues to further studies into stress tolerance mechanisms, which could lead to advancements in biotechnology and agriculture. For example, genes responsible for this hardiness and resilience might one day be used to develop radiation resistant materials or be adapted to help crop survive harsh climates. This fungus also hopes to offers hope in addressing some pressing environmental challenges. It could possibly play a role in cleaning up radioactive waste. Sure as results excuse me as research continues. The lessons we learn from this amazing fun guy could inspire innovation in a wide range of fields and in the process, understanding the boundaries of life itself. Now that I'm gonna try my damnedest to pronounce this clautosporium spharospurmum clatosporium spa of firnumps yup boy. One day one I would love to learn how to speak Latin and Greek and Hebrew, but like I have a you know, some would argue a horrible working understanding of the American English dialect. But yeah, that it sounds. It sounds just like a mouthful here. But okay, Now, as far as the space stuff goes, sending it to the ISS for UH testing to see how it would do again, solar radiation out in space. Okay, I hear that that's good things. I don't necessarily know how they plan on using that to yield crops unless they are this would be what would lead to possibly like the terraforming of Mars. Right, if they were to build some sort of a dome structure, and if Elon actually is able to put people on Mars and this whole thing, you would need some sort of plant life that could take solar radiation to that level and feed off of it and protect against in all these things. I'm not wise enough in the world of agriculture to understand how a fungus that white thrive in that environment could help other plants do the same, unless they're talking about doing some sort of a crazy gene splicing situation, which maybe quite possibly. We keep hearing things about these dire wolves that they brought out, which are not actually dire wolves, but they keep acting like they are. But if they were able to do some sort of a cross breed or gene splice with the black fungui that can eat radiation and a plant that could thrive and possibly feed humans, Okay, that's say viable option here. I don't know if you've found anything as far as the space side of things go. But that's that is pretty remarkable.
Speaker 4: I'm still reading on it.
Speaker 7: It's the it's actually really interesting that they're talking about all sorts of different stuff that they've put this through. And I dropped it in the chat, like where it's actually been found before because I was I misspoke. I mean, from what I understood, it hadn't been found. But it says the high diversity of black funk Guy has however, been observed in rocky environments in sub arid areas of the Mediterranean, in the Arizona Desert, high Alpine regions, and the Arctic and dry Antarctica valleys, where micro colony species also known as rock inhibiting fungi, colonized exposed rock surfaces, or living associations with.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 7: Big words that like you know, they're they're hard time.
Speaker 1: If you can't pronounce them, then I got no chance.
Speaker 4: But you can't pronounce some of the stuff. I'm like, yep, I got you.
Speaker 7: I'm currently it's it's a huge sign, aentific article and it actually shows tons of photos and it breaks down. I'm trying to get it to show drop it in the chat. The mechanism stress tolerance that the fung guy was put under.
Speaker 4: It's actually a really cool.
Speaker 7: Like it's this is a really interesting fungus because it seems to be able to withstand pretty much everything. But I wonder what they would use it for. That's what I'm trying to get to. Like, it reminds me though of that weird like movie where they had that weird black fungus on board and then it was like came back and like attacked everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know the movie you're talking about. Cannot remember the name of it, but yeah, one hundred percent. And that's that was the other thing I was going to say, like, all right, is there any potential dangers with this? It seems on the onset like it's a miracle fungus, right, And I see you in the chat there, Anthony. If that mushroom is of the magic variety, it would be an interesting trip. Dude. I don't know if i'd even want to play with that. You're talking about a mushroom that eats nuclear fall out to thrive. I don't think I want that problem. I don't want to know what that other side of the spirituality is with the radiation fungus that I don't know. I guess you'll like see the matrix of how nukes work that. Yeah, Merlin, I see your hand raised brother, Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: Some of the uses I've seen for it, or that they're speculating is cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy, creating safer environments when those working in nuclear power plants, and potentially helping us to avoid the next nuclear related detachment. Scientists also hope that the black Funk Guy could be used to develop a biological source of energy via radiation conversion, but there are also more part fetched possibilities. Scientists wonder if the process and radiosynthesis performed by the melon in so of the fungu I could be applied to the melonin and human skin cells, making our skin cells able to turn radiation into food.
Speaker 1: So now they're trying to see if humans could do their own version of photosynthesis.
Speaker 5: Yes, wow, which would help E where to live on Mars.
Speaker 1: That would be dope. That would be really cool, except I'm irish as hell. I don't have melanin in my skin, some hasty white boy. I will say that certain demographics would benefit greatly from that, and like that would be dope. But yeah, for anybody of Northern European descent it, you know, I don't know, maybe they could make some sort I don't even know if this would be safe to ingest. Like I was gonna say, maybe they could make some food out of it. I heard Raven earlier say they were doing some sort of yeast with it. If there's so much, I.
Speaker 5: Wonder how much you would need to put on the Space Shuttle note to protect people from radiation.
Speaker 1: Right, it's not like you're gonna get a living fungus like that's not gonna make it through launch or through the atmosphere any of that stuff. So it's yeah, you would think I have no idea, But man, I mean, I'm happy to hear that nature has provided a way for us to clean up human made mess, you know what I mean. But oh yeah, and there's nothing but airon opportunities as far as what the scientific advancements can show for this and other treatments and all these things, like you said, like cancer patients, I don't know if they mean they're gonna implant some fungus near a spot that was getting heavy radiation treatment to kill a tumor or if they're talking about making some sort of ingestible uh medication treatment option. But there's a lot of potential for good things here.
Speaker 5: So what happens if you're here with too much radiation? Does it turn to the blob? Like that old ass movie?
Speaker 1: See that's that's the other thing, Just like Raven was saying, there's a movie where like a satellite had this black mold that kind of took over and did all this so like, and that's the thing inside of the burned out reactor in Chernobyl that's gotten no out thing but radioactive ways for it to just drink in and grow as big as it won. So it hasn't taken over Chernobyl as of yet, So I guess that's kind of a good litmus test. But at the same time, if it was in the vacuum of space and had nothing but solar radiation to eat, like, would it take over the craft? I mean, as of now, the ISS hasn't been taken over. Maybe it's a very controlled environment. I don't know. I don't know. Again, this was this was a wild one to bring up. Thank you Raven for sharing this one with me. Zach I could bring it up on this show. This is a weird thing I found.
Speaker 7: I found their astrobiology study section. It was like, they're talking about life outside the planet, beyond the planet of Earth, and they're talking about practical applications and considering.
Speaker 4: How biological organisms.
Speaker 7: May travel in space and view a space exploration, the impact on how space agencies design missions, as well as implications of planetary protection policies aiming to prevent the introduction of Earth origin or the originated life that may mislead future life detection missions. So it's like talking about potentially like bringing them to other planets, like bringing it to other planets and seeing like yep Mars and icy icy moons I eat.
Speaker 4: Antarctica is a part of it.
Speaker 7: To date, the studies have focused on testing the black fungi survival to space conditions throughout different stimulations, and so pretty much they want to take it to space.
Speaker 4: They want to see what happens.
Speaker 1: I mean, so do I gonna be honest with you, but yeah, I there's none but are an opportunity here and I don't know, maybe there are some like serious dangers and risks that are associated here that we just don't know about and we don't see I'll be very interested to see what the studies show and what their tests show as as far as this goes with the with the new studies that they're doing towards us new I would say, evolutionarily new fung guy. That is incredible. That's interesting stuff, y'all. Interesting stuff, all right. So now let's shift over to a little bit of a kaboom that happened in Utah with Northrop Grumman. Now, for anybody who doesn't know who Northrop Grumman is, highly recommend you go and check it out. They make a lot of things that go boom for the United States government. Right, they're one of our big military industrial contractors. And you know, we're gonna listen to the little news article about it, then we'll read a little bit more about it. It says here, Northern Utah news crews respond to a fire after Utah Northrop Grumman facility explodes.
Speaker 7: Tony, please say, a Northrop Grumman building is a total loss after it exploded.
Speaker 2: It happened in the remote town of Promontory.
Speaker 1: That's where we find ABC fors Nate Larson.
Speaker 2: Hey, do we know what may have caused us?
Speaker 8: You know, they're still speculating at this point, we haven't had an update on what the actual explosion was caused from. You can see the building though, just over my shoulder, and all the walls have been blown out, so definitely a total loss. We are told that the explosion was reported around seven thirty eight this morning, so it was a very early explosion. There weren't any initial reports of injuries or accidents to anybody. Now, just to give you a better idea of where we're at, so this is in very rural Box Elder County, about six miles south of Howell, and it's about halfway between the Golden Spike National Monument and Interstate eighty four. So all that's around us is industrial buildings and no homes are really close by. Now, with of course the emergency services on scene, they are currently managing the situation. Initial reports, as I mentioned, no injuries or fatalities have been reported by the Box Elder County Sheriff's office.
Speaker 1: We've reached out to.
Speaker 8: Any kind of PIO or response from Northrop Gremmen. We haven't heard back and they say there's no further information to release it this time. They want the public to try.
Speaker 9: To avoid the area.
Speaker 8: We're going to stay on site. We're gonna see if we can find some people that maybe heard the explosion or maybe know more about what happened. We'll bring you more updates later in our newscast at ABC four News at Fort Okay.
Speaker 1: So I doubt that we'll actually get any kind of explanation as to what happened. Like I said, they are one of our big military industrial contractors, so they're not going to talk. Even if it wasn't like some new experimental you know, bomb or or you know, armament. Maybe it was something that we mass produce and somebody crossed some wires that shouldn't have been crossed, or throw something flammable on something that shouldn't have had something flammable thrown on it. Who knows. It may have been a freak industrial accident, and the fact that it was at a North of Grumming facility is just really bad timing and planning. Like, okay, fine, that being said, we also we need to acknowledge the fact that it very well could have been some sort of new experimental armament that went kaboom when they tried to make it. But let's read it in here. It says a Promontory. Promontory, Utah emergency crews respond to a rural North Grumman facility in Box Elder County. God, they're very original with these names. After an explosion decimated the building early Wednesday morning, leaving what remains burning in a fire. I will say that I've seen videos of this. There wasn't like a mushroom cloud of any type. There's no as we were just talking about radiation. It's nothing like nuclear. It's nothing of that variety. It was a really big kaboom and it completely destroyed the building. You can see these pictures, it says. However, with as with all ongoing investigations, details may change. There is no further information available at this time. One family member of a North of Grumman employee spoke with ABC four, saying she received a text right away after a brother in law saying he was safe, even before she heard the news. Another said he reached out to his dad as soon as he saw the smoke. I've seen some smoke and then I sent a text to my dad because he works out there. But by the time the text went through, I heard the explosion. Local resident Tyler Free said it actually felt like the motor blew up in the truck. I don't exactly know what he's implying on that one, but yeah, he could feel a kaboom. The explosion came after several complaints about the facility were filed with the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration aka OSHA aka the bane of my existence over the past several years. The reports included health violations, accidents, and safety complaints. It is currently unclear what caused the explosion, but the building appears to be a complete loss. In one incident, two employees died after they were found unconscious at the facility in early twenty twenty three. The death was caused by ar gone gas, which officials said suffocated them. While their deaths were ruled as accidents, OSHA filed thirteen citations related to the incident, finding the company more than one hundred and seventy two thousand dollars. All right, that actually, I'm gonna read that one again because that actually kind of upsets me. So two dudes died, OSHA found and filed thirteen citations related to this incident and only find them one hundred and seventy two thousand dollars. That's not even like a decent life insurance policy's worth that they find North Grumming one of the biggest weapons manufacturers on Earth. But okay, sure that's worth two deaths. The citations were deemed serious quote unquote in nature and related to respiratory protections and permits required for confined spaces. So, being somebody who has worked in confined spaces before, I will say working under air sucks. There's no two ways about it. Same time, like, yeah, certain environments you really need to go under air for you need to have ventilation, or you need to get a confined space permit. You need to get the little snow if we're out there, and monitor and make sure what the oxygen level is before you step inside of it. I hate Osha. God, I hate Osha so much, But I will say that safety requirements and safety policies are quite literally written in blood, and there's no two ways about that either. But this explosion, as of this very moment, no injuries, no fatalities. I don't know the extent of what happened. I don't know the extent of you know, if Osha is even going to weigh in on this one, if this was a freak accident. Was this dealing with some sort of explosive materials, some sort of armament. Nothing is known, but something happened with Northrop Grumman. I felt like it was our duty to kind of talk about it. So moving on, here go ahead, Tony.
Speaker 9: Hey, this reminded me of something I heard of from about one hundred years ago called the Black Tom explosion. Have you ever heard of it?
Speaker 1: I feel like I have, but refresh my memory, sir.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 9: During World War One, it was producing loads of ammunition in New York State near the Statue of Liberty, and a couple of German spies blew up something like hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of explosives and it actually damaged the Statue of Liberty, killed seven people, and a couple of German spies were caught and one of them was executed. There's a whole Wikipedia article on it. But you can understand why somebody would have an incentive to do that at that time, you know, for the war effort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, I mean, and that's the thing. It's very possible that this was some sort of like nefarious actor. I could absolutely believe that we don't know anything at this time, And honestly, even if it was, if they have some sort of like video evidence that like they saw a guy sneak on site and like causes, we are never going to hear about that. This is going to be locked so deep under rat well at least maybe maybe ten, fifteen, twenty years in the future, we'd hear about it. But if that was true and something, and I know I could already hear the people talking about being that close to the border and how we know that terrorists are already in this country that made their way through the sieve that was our southern border for the last few years. It's very possible this some sort of nefarious actor made their way to this site and caused this explosion. It, yes, it's possible. I can't negate that that is a real potential now, But that's the thing. If that was the case, the building is a total loss. But it's not like that was north of Grumman's only spot, right, and it's not like it killed a bunch of people. It didn't leave some massive crater in the ground. I see it being very equally possible that this was from some sort of a foreign actor. It could also be something as far as some sort of espionage goes, I get that it could equally be just a freak industrial accident. As of this moment, thankfully, nobody has been reported as injured or killed. But as the story progresses, I will keep tabs on this and we will talk about it. Hopefully we won't have to talk about it. Hopefully that just is what it is, the freak accent. We never bring it up again, but if more information comes out about it, I'll bring it up on the next Cajun Night Live. Let me see me before we go into the Arctic Circle, and how and why that's becoming more important. Let me check out the chat here, Roy says Jacob. I told you I'd help teach you Hebrew. Yo, I do want to learn it. I do want to learn it one of these days, specifically so I can learn a lot of the Old Testament and read it in the proper language and like understand the entire meaning of it. It's a part of my book, dude, one of these days, but not to day.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean, No, for sure. But one thing I'll tell you is that there's an interesting in iteration. But like so with Hebrew, there's the modern Hebrew, and there's Hebrew. A lot of the words are very close, if not identical. Some of the grammar is what'stiff And because I spent a couple of years really kind of getting into Hebrew. And there's a book that I was learning from that it was specifically a modern Hebrew book. But after I finished learning through that book, I was actually able to understand so much more of the tour itself because also you go through these seven wonderful verb verb categories, which is fun, too active, too passive, and a reflexive. So but if you're if you're a pattern oriented like you said you were, it's it's actually not so bad.
Speaker 1: Oh not bad. One of these days, bro oh, let me ask you this, Do you know any Aramaic.
Speaker 6: Some phrases only because I'm studying the timeloid. But besides that, like I can't speak it, there are people that I know that can and they understand Gamara Aramic as far as spoken, like it's not so it's a that language as far as it's not actively spoken, but at least by thousands of Jews around the world, it is actively taught and.
Speaker 5: Learned.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Aramic, I thought my knowledge base is very low here. The language they speak in Israel right now, that's Hebrew correct, Okay, So that's the same language that they've been speaking for like three thousand years or four thousand, order the cases. Okay, So Aramaic was like a dialect of it. I've asked before. I think how closely related they are as far as the conversion, is it kind of like uh, Spanish and Italian. They're both Latin based, and some of the words kind of sound alike, but they're very very different. Or is it more akin to like a like a.
Speaker 6: It's a different language. It's it's definitely definitely a Semitic language that they used to speak for a very very long time that has that has gone died out. But like it's it's hard like so you can spell the letters out in the Hebrew letters. But as far as how that was actually spelled back in the day from other places, I can tell you probably not.
Speaker 1: Got you okay, Tony, I saw your hand was raised, brother, what's up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: About the language, I learned a bit about this studying for our episode on Islam. But Aramic was the main language of the Middle East north of the Arabian Peninsula. Including Syria, Iraq, Jordan until the reign of Abdal Malik, who reigned in about six ninety eight, which would be about thirty years after Mohammad died. Right, Okay, but you know that was what brought Arabic from the Arabian Peninsula. Actually they were speaking it in Jordan too, but it brought it way up north and it kind of drove Aramaic to extinction, virtual extinction. And Hebrew was also mostly extinct, but they they've been revived, at least Hebrew has. It's kind of like I guess Gaelic similar story, or even even Latin. It mostly died out. It's actually still dying because the Catholic Church was keeping it alive until the sixties, and now they don't really have an incentive to keep doing that anymore either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's such as life fuddle a Latin mass. I want to go to one just to see what that's about. I feel like the vibe will be completely different.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I've been to a couple. They're hard to find. The Novus Ordo people have been very effective and trying to squash it, and they loathe it for some reason. Yeah, I've spent too much time, you know, in different Catholic churches, and especially the boomers, like they really hate Latin in general and they try to squash it. And I've never understood it. I really liked learning, and when I was about ten to fifteen years old.
Speaker 1: I think it was because they were forced to learn it. It's like their own version of rebelling against Like the nuns used to slap their wrists with the rulers and shit when they were like, you know, coming of age. Now they're like, no, actually Latin.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: Cut to a couple of decades later and we're like, hey, Latin's kind of cool, like I want to learn. Yeah, that might be the boomer version of rebelling. I could see it also real quick, while we're on the version of the conversation of languages Royce Yiddish. How close is that to Hebrew? Or is it very similar to the whole Aramic conversation that's like a completely separate language.
Speaker 6: So Yiddish is actually a German dialect that is spelled out in Hebrew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so it's a German language, but they use Hebrew lettering.
Speaker 6: Right, So obviously Germans aren't gonna necessarily speak Yiddish, but it is a it is a Jewish dialect of German, to where there is something called Ladino, which is basically a mix of I think Spanish and Hebrew and other phrases.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's mostly German. If I see it written out and transliterated into Roman characters, I can actually understand a good chunk of it. And when most Jews were living in the pale of Settlement, which was east of Germany and west of what is now Russia, most of them spoke Yiddish. They didn't speak Slavic languages, so they didn't intermingle much with the Slavs until you know, mid to late nineteenth century from what I've read, and maybe hard g can confirm that or deny that.
Speaker 6: For me, I don't know enough about it to be honest, but that that makes sense to me. I know that for a very long time, Yiddish was the spoke luggage because it was the when I say profane tongue like leslie means profanity, but just like the normal everyday language, as opposed to Hebrew, which was used specifically for prayer and tara.
Speaker 1: And that makes sense all so there's like you could look at even the Greek dialect or the Latin dialect. It's like you have the Latin proper, and then you had the Latin vulgate. Now they don't mean vulgar Latin as in like it's bad words, but also it's more of the common tongue, So I get what you mean by that, right.
Speaker 6: And then also one then other thing that you guys were to talk about as far as the Latin and churches, and so I don't know at what point it was didn't really happen so so long ago when it was there, when there was the Reform movement, because so basically this entire time you had religious dutism, which is now considered work box. And then there are people that wanted to offshoot from there, and they actually became the Reform movement, which is like so far to the left. And then and then a short time later you had these guys like, all right, well, you guys are too far right, you guys are too far left. We're gonna try to go to the middle road, which is how the conservatives are basically came into me. But so when it comes to all Orthodox synagogues, they are all parading Hebrew, doesn't matter who can or cannot understand the language. Like if you're coming here, you will either pick up a language or you will try to follow along. But I think that was enacted to keep the religion as it is, because when you start watering things down, as you know, things just keep getting less and less and less and less and less. So I think they made it because when they came to America, and you know, assimilation was such a big thing. Like my great grandfather who emigrated from Poland, I know he knew Hebrew, he knew Polish, he probably knew Russian Yiddish like, but he didn't pass it down because they wanted to assimilate with the US. And also during that period of time, it wasn't so great to be Jews. Yeah, but just in order to keep the religion as it is, they the rabbi has basically decided, look, we are not going to take Hebrew out of the synagogues because even one of the things that we're taught is that one of the things that made the Jews specific special in Egypt whenever we were and we were slaves, is that we kept our clothing, style, our names, and our language. So those are the three big things that we used to keep so having our own specific language at least as far as prayer has always been a huge Oh.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And I mean you could look at that through cultures that have been taken over in conquested throughout history. One of the first things that they try to do is make it to where they can only speak the language of their conqueror. Right, if a culture is able to keep their language, they're able to maintain their culture, or at least it stems from there. And I think even a raven You've talked about this with me a few times. How on an anthropological standpoint, religion and language are kind of hand in hand as far as what gives a civilization their cultural identity. Now, I know there's nuances to that, tons of it based off of where they live on the earth and all these things, but you can't separate a culture from their language necessarily unless you're trying to dissolve the entire culture.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: They What's interesting about language is that every culture and even every village tribe has a slight variation difference in dialect from each each other, just like in Louisiana, like if you're from across the river, you can tell without a doubt the different sections where people are from by how they speak, and that goes from for religion too. It seems like the religious, depending on which group they have specific words that gets translated, but they also end up having slang terms depending on which section they're in and which little cultural group that they vibe with.
Speaker 4: Anthropologists that study language, they.
Speaker 7: Talk a lot about like how language is passed, Like language is one of the biggest things that anthropologists study is because it has evolved and changed so much every hundred years.
Speaker 4: It's it's challenging.
Speaker 7: Like you guys are talking about aramic, but no one here alive knows what it actually sounded like originally, and so what everyone's reading it or speaking it, it has evolved and changed to what it is what people perceive it to be originally. There is no actual origination because we didn't have audio recordings, so it's all kind of a guessing game of like this is what I think this would sound like, and then it kind.
Speaker 4: Of just changes.
Speaker 7: Each person here's a different sound, and a lot of times they tweak it just to their own, so I would sound.
Speaker 1: I would agree with you on ninety nine percent of that, And like, for instance, the ancient Egyptian language. We think we know what it sounds like because of the Egyptian coptics and like the way that they transcribe the language, but we don't actually know like the language that Tut was speaking like, we don't exactly know what that sounds like. We can guesstimate, right, but through certain writings we can at least see how the language like traversed time and changed over time, but as far as how it actually sounded and speaking it with the proper accents and the proper inflections and stuff, one hundred percent agreed. The only that I know of anyway, and there may very possibly be a few outliers on this one. The only language that I can think of that might stand out as being truly passed down orally that long would be Hebrew, because they've been able to keep it through everything that they went through for religious reasons, and it was passed down orally person to person a person. The only other ones that I could think that might possibly get away with that kind of statement would be like uncontacted tribes in the Amazon or something like that, But then they're also out of the conversation because we don't actually know their language anyway, But yeah, one hundred percent. And I also go ahead, Royce.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm gonna say, is as far as the error make we've been study We've had the Babylonian kamud literally for the past two thousand years at least, probably it started to be compiled about seventy AD. So it's been taught and verbal, like what the way you study gamara is verbally like there's actually kind of a canter and melody that you are supposed to learn to. So like these words have been spoken out loud in a certain melody for a thousand years, So how is it how it originally sounded? I would say there is a ninety nine percent chance. So it also just a phrase I know in Ara makers like what's the like the nav camina or the havamina? So enough, Gamena is like what's the practical application of something? As opposed to manischma, which is Hebrew for like what's up? So just the difference in how languages are.
Speaker 1: Uh said, Yeah, and that's what I was saying. There's there's only a few culture outliers that the language had to be passed down orally. And if it has been passed down orally then like we can at least assert that it was passed down to the traditional and correct translation and correct pronunciation. But still there's outliers, you know, culture to culture, Like I don't know for a fact that the using Hebrew as an example, I don't know for a fact that the Polish dudes in a synagogue are speaking it in the exact perfect way that the dudes in Jerusalem are that the dudes in New York City are, Like I can, I can assume this, but I'm sure that there is some sort of a difference in some way shape or as far as like.
Speaker 6: Sure, sure, and also there's a difference between like someone who speaks like with an Ashkenazi sure pronunciation or a spartic so like the difference would be like I mean, just in general like uh, sheer shallon to tova, but it's definitely gonna sound different, like the there's a letter called soft are tough, and depending on whether or not there is a dot in the center will actually determine what it is as far as the most however, somebody who is as far as they you know, they don't do anything either way, but just so just to know the difference between how Hebrew sounds as opposed to Aramaic. So there's a phrase, don't ask for me to translate it, I just know how to how to speak it that he's So that's an example of Aramaic as opposed to zahor about lid show so difference. So there's a clear difference in how for for sure, sometimes it's like such a crazy tongue twister.
Speaker 1: No doubt, Raven, I saw your hand raise Go ahead, Oh, I was.
Speaker 7: Just gonna comment that, Like, I'm not saying that there isn't specific groups that have had a verbal passed down.
Speaker 4: The thing about it is is that you.
Speaker 7: Have to that how just like how you were speaking it, Royce, you were influenced the way that you've learned and you've listened and spoken regular words in that dialect about being just an American, you will have a nuance that is not the same as somebody else that has spoken it in a different place, and so on and so forth, and so for thousands of years, yes, the language has been pronunciated and passed down, but every single person has an environmental and a social impact and a cultural impact on how they perceive and listen and speak.
Speaker 4: All languages, and so to say.
Speaker 7: It is one hundred percent or ninety nine percent correct to true to form from a thousand years ago, I'm going to disagree, because that is it's there is, it's a multifaceted thing to be a human. And so in every culture, sure you will continuously have changes, even if there's slight nuances over time they will change.
Speaker 1: A word, Yeah, the telephone, but like that two hundred years, let alone a thousand years, what does it actually sound like. I see what you mean for sure, for sure.
Speaker 6: And then that was coming from someone who doesn't who isn't an anthropologist, So I for sure bat on my head, and I have no problem to be corrected. So thank you very much.
Speaker 1: And also, as we're talking about languages, so I just learned this one today. Actually, so Native American tribes, native American languages, like the linguistic families thereof haven't been studied improper to the level that they should have been for the past few hundred years. Four reasons. Not saying that's a good thing, either of these reasons, but there's reasons, right, So just found out that, all right, So when we talk about New York area, the Iroquois nation, then you go just below that and you're talking about like the Cherokee linguistic family. Below that the uh I think it might be Muskogee language nation, and then the Seminole nation. Okay, these four linguistic groups all come from completely unrelated families, right, So to give everybody a context of how crazy that is, this would be Spain, Italy, Greece, and Portugal all speaking languages that come from completely different linguistic families. Like we think of that and we hear, all, yeah, they all have their different languages, but they're all basically Romance languages with the exception of Greek. I get that. But to say that all of the these Native American tribes who were neighboring to each other couldn't understand each other. And this is just per the current study goes, because they came from completely separate areas of the world, and then out of nowhere you had this little section in Louisiana that had no connection to anything other than just themselves linguistically, and they were like isolated that in that language. It is crazy to watch how languages traverse and to see the linguistic families and how that goes into different cultures. And I mean, I'm happy that the Native American talking point is getting more credibility these days and getting looked at for the for the historical precedents that they are. But see, that's another one too. We know this now based off of like written sources, and we could kind of tell based off of some linguistic things, but how many of those languages were snuffed out with the trail of tears, right, and with the westward expansion and all these things. It's there's assumptions that could be made to say that the true Choctaw language and the true Navajo language like the one the wind talkers were using, right, that we can assume that that is the true language that was being spoken by these tribes a thousand years ago. But the same thing happens, right, game of telephone and the westward expansion and the trying to snuff out all cultural relevance of each of these tribes. How can we really know that for sure? But again, I'm happy that experts and historians and anthropologists are looking at it for what it is these days.
Speaker 9: Tony, go ahead, Yeah, have you ever heard of the Lone Woman of San Nicolas or have you ever had to read Island the Blue Dolphin in elementary school.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 9: This is a real woman who was stranded on an island off the coast of la for like twenty years, and when they finally found her in about eighteen seventy, she spoke a language that nobody could understand, not even any of the other Native Americans or people who spoke any native languages in that area. And when they brought her to the mainland, she died after about three weeks because her immune system wasn't prepared to be around other people. But yeah, she must. She spoke some language, and something happened to all her people, like all her people left and she was the only only one left. And she still remembered the language and could speak it, but nobody else could understand it because the diversity of the native languages was just so much. And I've seen this guy on YouTube called Chiama. He tries to learn languages just for fun, and he tried to learn Navajo and he said that was the most complicated because the cases for all the nouns and the verbs just overlap way more than anything. He said, it's like a Rubik's cube in terms of grammar.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's the kind of heavier set, white guy that goes to all these different countries and like blows people's minds when he's able to speak it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's that guy prop to like one hundred languages by now. But yeah, that would also explain why those Navajo they were code talkers. And World War Two, and I think world War one as well.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure I know for sure world War two. I don't know about World War One, but yeah, they knew for sure that there's no Japanese or German expert of anything that's going to be able to decipher the novel language like at all. So I thought that was brilliant as far as the Americans go at that time. Oh and speaking of dead languages, and now we're talking about these things. So I only know of one other situation kind of similar to this. So there's two guys on Earth that speak this dialect of like it's not Spanish. Some are saying that it's like a dialect of the traditional Aztec language. There's only two guys that still speak it to this day, and they refuse to speak to each other because of some long standing blood feud. They're both in their eighties, and once they died, the language dies with them. And I thought that was so crazy, Like y'all could communicate in a langua that no one else knows. But y'all don't want to talk to each other because there's beef. That's the pettiness of humanity, honestly. But yeah, fascinating stuff, y'all. Fascinating stuff. All right. So now we've gone into this whole conversation about languages and stuff, Let's talk about the Arctic. Because I didn't realize that the Arctic was such a count intended hotbed of conversation. But wait a minute, Oh, this is about the dead women in New England. My bad. Apparently the Arctic is becoming like a hot topic, especially in the twenty first century, right, so let's talk about it here. The Arctic is one of the coldest and least populated regions on Earth. Most much of it is covered by ice, but in recent years it has become one of the most important sites of geopolitical tension and a key focus of American policy. Yes, we are going to talk about the Greenland situation. Yes, Russia's gonna get brought up here. I get it, I get it. Hold your allegiances to whatever you want. But the North Pole hasn't been a real situation to be discussed at all in quite some time, and now it is really becoming that all right. So despite its inhospility, in hospitality, people can't live there. Land north of the Arctic Circle has long been inhabited by indigenous people like the Inuit sami Yukagar and today includes territories belonging to the eight countries Canada, Russia, Iceland, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and the United States. In nineteen ninety six, these countries formed the Arctic Council, a forum that includes all eight countries as member states, along with representatives from indigenous groups. But while the Arctic was once envisioned as a neutral zone where research and conservation could promote deeper international cooperation, multiple developments since then have turned into a site of competition. The number one issue facing in the Arctic is climate change. Yes, here we go with that. Since the nineteen nineties, the Arctic Sea has declined by seven point six trillion metric tons, with the rate of loss increasing fifty seven percent. Besides contributing to rising sea levels, the loss of ice also reduces global solar reflection. This creates feedback loop as the darker ocean water absorbs more heat, causing more ice to melt, adversely affecting global weather patterns. The meltic Arctic ice. Melting Arctic ice also directly affects local wildlife, with polar bear populations projected to decline by two thirds in the next quarter century as they lose their hunting grounds. Okay, I'm personally not upset about that. They're the only animal on Earth that actually goes out of their way to hunt human beings as a food source. So, like, you know, I don't care what Coca Cola tells you. Polar bears are not cute, and like they're the only they are probably the most dangerous predator to human life. But neither here nor there, but where some sea environmental disaster other sea opportunity. The melting ice is making Arctic trade routes more navigable, providing shorter distances for transoceanic shipping and current lanes using the Suez and Panama Canals. Furthermore, increased navigability is expanding potent for exploration and extraction of natural resources. The Arctic region is estimated to hold over twenty percent of the world's remaining fossil fuel reserves, with over four hundred oil and gas fields already discovered. Both the seabed and offshore areas also hold vast quantities of minerals, ranging from staple commodities like iron, gold, nickel, and zinc to rare earth metals such as neodymium and dysporesium, which are used in electronics, batteries and technology. Even traditional sub subsistence activity may be greatly altered and expanded as global warming leads fish stocks to migrate north and more coastal land becomes available for agriculture. Okay, so aside from the global warming conversation, although that would be why it's more navigable now than it's ever been. That's kind of the biggie here, right It holds allegedly over twenty percent of the remaining fossil fuels on Earth, and it has rare earths, and as of right now, China is making a massive push for all the rare earths because they process them in plants that produce a lot of toxins that we don't like to produce in America. China really doesn't have like an Osha to speak of. So the fact that we have rare or at least access to rare earths that don't have to go through China, that's kind of a biggie here, right. Yet, economic opportunities in the Arctic are emerging at a time of increased geopolitical tensions, as countries scrambled to secure resources, state territorial claims, and develop facilities. With fifty three percent of the Arctic coastline under its control, Russia has the largest presence in the region in terms of civil ports like Murmansk and Argengelsk YEP, as well as multiple airfields and military bases along its northern border. More recently, Russia has moved to expand its claims in the Arctic Sea bed, at the same time that the invasion of Ukraine in twenty twenty two has led to other members of the Arctic Council to suspend cooperation with Moscow. I could believe that while land jurisdiction in the Arctic is largely settled aside from a few disputes, maritime claims are much more complex. Control over Arctic waters is generally governed by the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, which defines multiple types of territorial waters where a nation may have the right to restrict activity of foreign vessels. The range from internal waters that are considered part of the nation's sovereign territory to exclusive economic zones where foreign ships may travel freely but cannot extract resources. Although the United States played a formative role in the negotiating the treaty and abides by most of its provisions, it remains one of the few countries that has not formally acceded to it because of concerns about limitations in places on seabed mining. Even among the UN's Group signatories. However, boundaries definitions can vary. Boundary definitions excuse me. While Canada considers part of the Northwest Passage to lie within its territorial waters, for example, most other nations, including the United States, consider it to be an international rate where foreign ships may transit. Similarly, Russia has claimed part of the Northeast Passage along its northern coastline as internal waters, moving to restrict right of passage in areas where it was previously allowed. Given these disputes, the Transpolar Sea route through the Center of the Arctic Ocean, which lies fully in internal waters. International waters rather, will become more attractive as polar ice continues to thaw. Okay, so all that it says here, Now we're going to go into China here. The increasing importance of the Arctic has attracted the attention of other powers without Arctic territory. Several of these states have been omitted as observers in the Arctic Council, including Germany, the United Kingdom, Japan, and South Korea. China, which is also an observer, has unilaterally declared itself a near Arctic state. In what realm is China a near Arctic state? But that's how she sees things and draws maps, and has expanded both research and commercial activity in the regent by partnering with Russia, as well as investing in infrastructure in Norway, Iceland and Greenland. I'm sure they found a way to rope that into the Belton Road initiative. Anyway, China's increased present in the Arctic along Russia. Alongside russia more aggressive posture has been among the reason side of for the US President Donald Trump's insistence on nnexing or buying Greenland, a territory of NATO allied to Denmark. While Greenland already contains a US military base on its northwest coast, the discussion is likely to result in further militarization of the territory even under Denmark. Satellites are also expected to play a major role in exerting control within the Arctic, given the importance of the observation and monitoring in remote areas of poor communication and infrastructure. So now as we're talking about this the Arctic Circle, it's just been an ice block for quite a while here, right, and now all these countries that are now not so allied with each other as of the past few years are going to start vuying for the resources in the Arctic Circle. And of course who's got the most coastline will have a say in what goes down there. I get this. For China to start weighing in on the Arctic Circle conversation, that's a bit of a concern for me personally. Go ahead, Raven, So.
Speaker 7: I remember this hearing about this before. So Norway's actually been like Russia's been already digging in the Arctics like the last decade or two, But Norway actually has been stopped. In twenty sixteen, they were granted a number of licenses to explore the oil and gas of the Arctics in like inside the Arctic Circle.
Speaker 4: And then in twenty.
Speaker 7: Twenty one, six Norwegians and environmental groups got together and pretty much for like, this is an absolute disaster.
Speaker 4: And so what they.
Speaker 7: Did is is they I did articles it's Article two and article eight. It's human rights pretty much in the right to life, saying that if the if Norway continues to dig and try to drill in the Arctic, that it's going to it's going to cause like mass chaos pretty much for humans, and it's going to increase climate change and stuff.
Speaker 4: And then with like who actually owns the Arctic?
Speaker 7: They the US is letting companies drill in Alaska again, but they actually everybody that owns a piece of the Arctic owns two hundred nautical miles of it. And right now they're kind of like debating about who owns what. And they have like a territory map of like who actually is allowed to dig where, and Russia is nowhere on that map right now, I'm not Russia, excuse me, China, like Denmark, Russia Canada and the US and Norway are mostly the ones that are allowed to do stuff there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but China being like homeboys with Russia to the furthest extent that they're allowed to be anyway, I could understand why they are gonna try to not push their way in by any means, but they're gonna get even closer if it means more of a monopoly on the rare earths, for sure. And yeah, you're right, China's nowhere even near the conversation of two hundred odd miles of their claimed sea in the Arctic Circle. That blows my mind that g has the balls to actually make such a claim that China is a near Arctic country, like in what map are you looking at? Bro? But okay, sure, totally. And I understand that some people are gonna say, well, America doesn't have that either, but we do because of Alaska and also because we run the world's seas, so that's kind of how America flexes. So good things there. But as we are talking about the Russia and the China situation, I found a little YouTube short and I do know that this is going to ruffle a few feathers, Tony. I do want you to weigh in on this one. Actually, so this short here was brought up by former Russian president of what certain people, former Russian president anyway and others are saying Ukraine might look like if and when Ukraine loses this war. And I don't know if he's not speaking on behalf of Putin. I know that he's not speaking on behalf of the Russian military. Fully understand that too. But if we were talking about Russia only invading just the easternmost sections, right, the sections that wanted to be Russian allegedly and all these things, this map kind of paints a different picture. Let me know what you think about this one.
Speaker 11: If Ukraine were to lose the current war against Russia, what might happen well. Former Russian President Dmitri Medvedev recently shared a map outlining what he believes the future borders of the region will look like. Medvedev's map shows Russia controlling all of eastern Ukraine, including the economically important don Bas region. What's more, Russia would control all territory east of the Nipa River, along with southern Ukraine's Black Sea coast. Interestingly, Poland would be in control of much of western Ukraine, including the country's sixth largest city, Leviv. Hungary would get this Zakharpatiya ablast, while Romania would receive Chernivzi and Vinizia. Ukraine itself, meanwhile, would become a much smaller, landlocked country based around the capital city of Kiev.
Speaker 1: This okay, so Tony, please weigh in on this. Is there any validity to the Ukrainian map looking like this in the next few years.
Speaker 9: Personally, I think there is not, and I think Midvidyev he is way more aggressive than he used to be, and he's been like this for the last few years. I think he felt really burned by Hillary Clinton over Libya in twenty eleven, back when he was the president at that time. I have not seen any Russian mapss going this far. But this also illustrates how much of Hungarian and Romanian minority there are. The Polish area used to be Poland way back a long time ago, but the Ukrainians took it over and there aren't too many Poles left there. Although the main Catholic bishop in western Ukraine is Polish and that the tiny little Ukrainian spot. I think that's where Kiev is or slightly west of it. But yeah, I don't think Russia will get this much. There's still enough hostility to Russia in the central part of the country in my opinion that Russia is gonna mostly just settle for what they got now. If they wanted any other territory, it would probably be Kharkov and Odessa. Odessa's in the southwest and Kharkoff is kind of in the more northern east part. But I don't think they'll get either of those. Personally, I think that the line where it is right now is where it's gonna stay.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I don't disagree. I would see possibly Transnistria like pledging allegiance to Russia and being like roped into that one as well, and maybe like some sort of a connective land bridge between the two areas that are currently occupied in Transnistria. I could see a world with that happens. Yeah. When I saw this map, I was like, oh, I have to talk about it on the Live tonight because I Hungary. I didn't see them making an appearance into this Romania, didn't see them taking a section of this map. Poland. I didn't even know that that area had, Like you said, I didn't know that there was any Poles, or at least a majority of Poles still living in Western Ukraine. I mean, yeah, there's pockets of them for sure, but nothing to this scale. And then yeah, I, like you said, I don't know how aggressive the former Russian president is or is this kind of the ramblings of an old guy who's just kind of out of his box, or was there any kind of real validity to this. I definitely knew you would have more of a knowledge based on this one than I would.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, I'm interested. I want to look up whether that's what said, But I do know for sure Hungarian and Romanian are spoken in these parts of Ukraine. Polish is not anymore. But if you look up the boundaries of the Second Polish Republic, it included all of that area. There aren't too many Poles left. There was a lot of ethnic cleansing that went on during World War Two in both directions, frankly, but the Ukrainians really won. Their Ukrainian nationalists were more aligned with the Germans for sure. Yeah, and that's part of their history that they're simultaneously proud and ashamed of. And the Russians. They used that for propaganda for sure, the fact that there were so many Ukrainian nationalists on the German side, that's whyfying Ukraine. He's not completely wrong.
Speaker 1: I understand the talking point for the propaganda aspect, but also like Zelenski's a Jew, so like talking about the denotification of a country that's currently led by a Jewish guys like hmm, all right.
Speaker 9: Well, well there's plenty of photo evidence of the social acceptability of Nazi regalia in western Ukraine up until very recent years, and there's telegram channels about it. One's called highly Ukraine nineteen fifty nine. Another one's called Bandy after step On Bondera. Maybe this is a slight tangent, but Austria used to own a big chunk of this western part of Ukraine. It used to be called Galicia, and some of my wife's ancestry is from there, And well there was a lot of transition in World War One and World War Two and basically the Germans lost a lot. So yeah, my wife's ancestry is part German from that area, but it then it became Polish, and then it became Ukrainian, and that's where we are today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, So I mean, all right, so at least you are of the belief that this map is a bit extra presumptuous ondelic part.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think that's unrealistic. Okay, yeah, yeah, I want to look it up and confirm too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please do, because when I saw this, I'm like, bro, there's no way not even saying about how much of that territory Russia is going to claim, sectioning off Western Ukraine into four different principalities, Like Poland is not on an expansionist kick right now, neither is Romania, neither is Hungary. So it's like, why was that even being brought up on the map that your guy was talking about.
Speaker 9: But you know, well, I am seeing similar maps to this. But I would chime in that Poland actually does have some expansionist streak in it. So I have seen the Polish proposed annexation going back all the way to twenty twenty two. On Polish television, Poland was talking about how the might act look like this at least with regards to Poland. Someday some of them are thinking about taking that territory back, and they're talking about how the people of Levov Poland calls it Levov. That's the biggest city there. Russian calls it Levov, Ukrainian language calls it Lviv.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and.
Speaker 9: They actually teach Polish as a second language at most of the schools there, so there is some memory in the area that they used to be Polish. And the languages are close enough that whenever I go to Ukrainian websites and they want to post something in Polish, they won't even bother translating it. It's a different alphabet, but they're almost mutually intelligible. That's kind of how close they are.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, as things continue to progress with the war in Ukraine, we are going to definitely keep all of the people listening in on the loop here and we will see if this map does play out this way. That is wild to me that they could get sectioned off into this many pieces, but I guess the future is very, very unknown. But speaking of unknown futures, let's talk about what's going on with China right now? Now, all right. Last week we talked a little bit about the tariff situation, and I did give the preface before I even spoke on it. I am not an economist. I don't know everything there is to know about tariffs and money and things and stuff. Yes, Trump did the example that I gave as far as how the US Treasury will get money for basically an extortion fee, a street tax, whatever you want to call it, for any country to sell things on American soil. Right, Yes, this is very accurate. And as you learned about on the Cult of Conspiracy Live Tuesday night last night, actually we heard from a Chinese high school dropout who is probably in a hard prison or hard labor jail as we speak, for making that post on social media about how America's spending power is three or is a third of the entire world's spending power. And that's a big deal. So basically, China, Gie, I should say, not just China. Jijaping and Trump had been in this stare down contest, right, and this has been a big thing. Uh, China raise the tariffs. Trump raised the tariffs. China raised it more. Trump raised it to one hundred and forty five percent. Basically, he doubled down and just raised it to two hundred and forty five percent. Today, whenever this made headlines, Jijiping finally decided, all right, bro, let's let's have a conversation, but we won't respect that. That's his big thing. Now. He's willing to come to the negotiation tables, but he wants America media to stop talking shit on China and Jijuping. So that's not gonna happen. But let's hear a little bit about the situation because as everybody is so worried about prices of everything in America going up, and yes, I understand it's probably going to go up in some way shapes your form, and things are going to trickle down, things are going to go a certain way. Currently things are kind of looking up. Let's learn a little bit, shall we.
Speaker 12: But we are able to report today that China is open to talks with a little more specific conditions attached to it. First of all, as I said, China is demanding some respect and specifically, it basically wants the Trump administrations to rainey in some of the cabinet members who makes the disparaging remarks about China. And then the other more specific conditions is that China wants the USI to appoint a person that it could have those talks with, which is understandable because we've seen how different members of the administration have said different things over the course of the last couple of months, and China is frustrated that it doesn't really know what the US wants from.
Speaker 1: So all right, they're willing to come to the negotiation, to the negotiation table. Good things. Finally, a little bit of some sound reasoning comes through here, because I don't know if this is going to be a hot take or people are going to disagree with this or not. China can't really survive without buyers. They make a lot. They make a lot of things, products, goods, electronics, name your thing, they make it. A lot of things are made in China. America is the world's largest consumer where the world's largest buyer of things and stuff. I'm not saying China can't survive without America. I'm saying that they would have an extremely tough go of it if they were to try to make that happen, right, But I'm sure it's possible. It's not probable. It's possible, but not probable. Right that being said, g is finally willing to come to the negotiation table with Trump. But they want China to have a guy because apparently the current administration says a lot of disparaging things about China. They're superman, super mean to she, and she wants there to be a guy in the administration, right, so they lost their guy. They had one on Sleepy Joe aka China Joe, and he was their guy. Since like ninety two, he's been in bed with China. There's very famous speeches that were given from him in ninety two when he was a younger man that had a cognizant brain, where he was telling Americans that or to I think it was Congress or Senate. I forget what he was in his earlier days, but either way, he was basically saying that we need to strengthen relationships with China rather than see them as an adversary. And in the nineties not exactly a bad take. But then we cut to Obama putting harsher restrictions on Chinese trade. And that's whenever they took the pandas away from the DC zoo because panda diploma. Right, if you're cool with China, you'll get a panda in your zoo. If you don't, if you upset the CCP, they take their pandas back. And that's a whole anybody wants to look up panda diplomacy. It's kind of ridiculous, but it's a real thing. It's a real thing. Now they're saying that they're willing to come to talk, but they want somebody in the White House or in the Cabinet or somebody somebody in the US government that's not going to just skull drag them for being themselves. And that's like an actual talking point they're trying to make that they want respect. Now. With all that being said, economically America is not doing bad. Everybody was super worried about prices skyrocketing, however.
Speaker 12: From this negotiation.
Speaker 10: So it's been eleven days since Trump's Liberation Day, eleven days since April fifth, and the world hasn't ended. Prices haven't soared. If anything, prices have fallen, energy prices, grocery prices, mortgage rates all down since Liberation Day. Also, the housing mar finally beginning to reset after years of record breaking sky high prices. New housing inventory in this country hitting a fifteen year high, the highest level since two thousand and seven. Over half a million new homes now on the market. Multiple regions of the country seeing home prices tumbling. Parts of Florida specifically, huge movement and home prices falling sharply. And we're just getting started. Trump writing on true Social this morning, the United States taking in record numbers and tariffs, with the cost of almost all products going down, including gasoline, groceries, and just about everything else. Likewise, inflation is also down. Promises made, promises kept.
Speaker 1: Shout out to RJ talks for bringing all these things, you know. With that being said, I'm I'm kind of happy to hear these things. I myself was kind of worried about prices going up. Look, it's tough out here. It's tough out everywhere. Everybody's got thrown struggles they're dealing with, and everybody wants the groceries to be cheaper. Everybody wants gas price to be cheaper. Everybody wants everything to be cheaper. Of course, the tariff conversation, I saw it as a necessary evil, and I still do. Even if the prices were to hike up for a year or two, this would establish American domination on an economic scale like we have never experienced in any of our lifetimes. I'm here for that smoke. But yeah, it was gonna be a tough transition. And I'm not saying that we still don't have a tough road ahead of us. It's very early, like you said, it's only been two weeks. But this is a lot of good things as far as Hope is concerned. So I do want to read this article. I think it's from the Toronto Stars, so I'm gonna check it out for what it's worth. China open to talks if US shows respect and names a point person. Again, China wants to have a boil on the inside. Shocker. I know how many Chinese spies have we found that were inside of different political cabinets? Neither here nor there. Let's talk about it, shall we. China wants to see a number of steps from President Trump's administration before will agree to trade talks, including showing more respect by reigning in dispara during remarks by members of his cabinet. Highly unlikely, according to a person familiar with the Chinese government's thinking. Other conditions include a more consistent US position and a willingness to address China's concerns around American sanctions and Taiwan. Again not likely, said the person, who asked not to be identified to discuss internal thinking. Beijing also wants the US to appoint a person a point person for talks who has the President's support and can help prepare a deal that Trump and Chinese leaders Ji Japan can sign when they meet, the person said. The fate of the global economy and the financial markets hinges on in large part on whether the US and China can find a way to avoid a practical trade war. Trump is at China with a with tariffs of one hundred and forty five percent on most goods since taking office, prompting Beijing to retaliate and threaten to wipe out most trade between the world's biggest economies. The offshore one gained zero point two percent against the dollar in the wake of the report. The Australian dollar, a China proxy currency, is also advanced zero point five percent. The S and P five hundred index futures paired losses from as much as one point six percent early in or earlier in the session. The rapid onslaught of the US tariffs has in uh in engineered red. I think that's I don't know what that word's supposed to be, Honestly, I think it's supposed to be engineered, engendered, engender okay. The rapid onslaught of US tariffs has engendered broad public support in China for retaliation, giving G a political incentive to rebuff Trump's repeated demands for a phone call. The US leader on Tuesday again called on China to reach out to him in order to kick off negotiations to resolve the trade fight. It's unclear what will be uh produce a breakthrough to get talks moving. While both sides have indicated their open to negotiations, Trump appeared determined to get G on the phone straight away, while China wants any conversation between the leaders to produce a clear outcome. Even then, if they agreed to on process, fundamental questions persist on what any arrangement would look like. Trump's demand remains unclear, and tariff levels on China would need to remain high to achieve his goal of balancing trade and attracting manufacturers to the US. They go into the difficult road ahead here. However, let's read about what jd Vance had to comment on this. And I know some people hate him, some people love him. I'm kind of in the middle on him personally, but anyway, while the person didn't identify any specific comments by administration officials. Beijing has recently expressed notable displeasure with comments Vice President JD Vance made about Chinese peasants. Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Linging, I hope I'm pronouncing that right. Last week called the remarks ignorant and disrespectful in what was a rare direct rebuke of a US senior leader. In addition to wanting a consistent message from the US administration, officials in Beijing also want to know that Washington is ready to address some of China's concerns, the person said. Chief among those is the prevailing perception among Chinese officials that the US has enacted policies designed to contain and suppress China's modernization. I don't think that's yeah, okay, the point person here. China also wants the US to address its national security concerns, particularly over Taiwan. Beijing claims the self governing island as part of its territory and has pledged to take steps, including military action, if necessary, to protect those claims. China will not undertake any provocative actions on Taiwan, but it will respond if provoked. Again, no one's provoking them, No one's going to provoke them. But okay. Finally, Beijing also wants the US to donate a point person to oversee talks. The person said, China has no preference on who this is, but they want the person to clearly be speaking and acting with Trump's authority. I don't this sit in like Game of Thrones, hand of the king kind of stuff. You want Trump's authority, You got to talk to Trump. I don't know why they have the need to go through a middleman. Like Trump has told them, Yo, pick up the phone, call me. Like that was the big thing. Whenever you put all these tariffs down and you put that ninety day hold on all the tariffs. He told them, listen, if you're willing to come and negotiate, we don't have to go this route. If you take retaliatory measures towards us, things will get worse. He made it was like an eighty something percent tariff, China took retaliatory measures one hundred and forty five percent. China took more retaliatory measures two hundred and forty five percent tariffs. Now China's willing to come to the negotiation. It's like, why, why did we have to do this like if you're trying to flex on which one of us has got the longer stroke game here, I promise you the answer is clear. But like, we can go this route if you want to go this route. But all the things concerning here. The Trump administration confirmed Wednesday morning the baseline tariff rate on Chinese imports to the US remains one hundred and forty five percent, after a White House fact sheet released Tuesday afternoon, Washington Times said that China now faces up to a two hundred and forty five percent tariff on imports to the United States as a result of the retaliatory action. So I hope that everybody can get together and be adults about it and figure things out here. However, that being said, Donald Trump don't trust China. China is assh I like him. I like him a lot. Uh, you know, I don't trust him. I still don't and probably never will, to be honest with you, as long as she is in charge or as long as China is a communist country, I'm never going to really trust them. But if they wanted to really go down the road here to see which one of the people will blink first, say what you want about Trump. Like him, hate him, Think he's incompetent, think he's an evil genius, whatever, whatever. You're not going to out trump him. You're not going to out audacity the man. This is the environment to which he thrives, and we're getting into an economic war. The man speaks the economic language. That's, if anything, that's the one language he speaks very well. So I don't know why she thought that this was going to play out in a different way, And who knows. It's still very early. It said as of Wednesday morning, so as a time of recording that was like fourteen hours ago that that dropped. It's very possible that later this week they go back on it and Trump hits him with some sort of five hundred percent terror for some wild shit. It is so possible. But that would be so bad for the Chinese economy. But I don't understand a world in which that's gonna play out positively or even neutrally for them. It's not like they can go and beat the streets and find more buyers for their goods in other places. Most countries don't have the buying power to sustain maybe a yeah, I don't know, I don't know. If anybody wants to weigh in on that one, please feel free. I'm gonna check over here on the chat real quick. Hold on here, what is this? Ravenlee shared a map? Oh, that's the North Pole and all the land that's claimed by different people. That's legit. Let's see here, h everyone's favorite tranny. What a fucking fuzzy Yeah, I agree, I agree, but yeah I get it. Yeah. Look, I don't know what's to really be expected from the tariff war. I know that Trump's gonna win it regardless, because that's just what he does as far as economic wars go. That being said, that's kind of a massive flex. I feel like they're at the poker table right now. Anybody who ever watched like the World Series of Poker or anything like that. These two guys, and one of them thinks he's got the strongest hand at the table. The other one knows he's got the strongest hand at the table, and they keep like upping the bet on each other, and then finally one of them makes the signal like he's about to go all in. And I don't mean on a military standpoint, nothing, nothing about actual armaments or weapons or anything like that. Strictly money and flexing on each other. It's the gamble. It's the game here. Right Trump is making the signal like he's willing to go all in against everybody right now, everybody else at the table is gonna have to match his bet. Nobody sitting at the table has the ability or the want to match this bet. There's a few that are gonna try to save face, and they're gonna try to make it seem like they got it figured out. It's it's not gonna play out well unless the American economy absolutely collapses under its own weight, which it was at risk of for a good while there. Everybody was saying that we were practically in a recession, whether they were willing to admit it or not. And we are now on the other side of that, or beginning to get to the other side of that, and it seems like the crisis averted, but new crisis might have been spawned up as a result of that. Right that being said, Yeah, yeah, I'm glad that China's finally, hopefully potentially seeing the light at the end of this tunnel and being like, hey, hey man, we don't want that smoke. Let's talk about it. You know, but we shall see, we shall see how everything goes. Let's see, let's go back to another article that I had pulled up here. Uh, we talked about Dinah, talked about China. You know what. Hey, let's go ahead and talk about what Royce had brought up here. Apparently we got a potential serial killer. What the hell? Okay, I don't really see much of a common thread between the three victims. Usually a serial killer has like a type they hunt for. But okay, let's get after it. Here. Dead women are turning up a New England beach towns. Police deny a pattern, but locals fear a serial killer. Yeah, that's all I was saying. I don't see much of a pattern here in age and race and any of that, except for the fact that they were all women. Like, all right, let's dive in a little bit here. Since March, bodies of six people have been discovered in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. Three of the remains were identified as belonging to women aging thirty five, fifty six, and fifty nine. News of the disturbing discoveries is fueling speculation about a serial killer or killers preying on New England residents. The rumbling start on social media in early April. Posts about bodies seriously turning up in sleepy towns in the coastal New England states of Connecticut, Rhode Island Massachusetts began hitting for you pages on TikTok and newsfeed on x Since early March, the remains of six people have been found in towns close to one another in three states, ramping up speculation about a serial killer in the area social media. Social media users claim the disturbing discoveries are connected, but police say they haven't yet found any links between the cases. Police are also cautioning the public not to jump to any conclusions. Yeah, I bet they are. I would tell people don't rush to judgment, Groton Police Chief Lewis Fosso told the News on April eleventh. Given the relative proximity of the towns where the remains are found, people are telling each other to stay away from their surroundings and report any suspicious behavior. On March nineteenth, human remains are found near Colonel Ledyard Cemetery in the seaside Connecticut town of Groton. The remains belong to a female between the ages of forty and sixty. God, that's a wide age gap, all right, between the ages of forty and sixty, and we're left near the cemetery. In mid February, investigators said per NBC Connecticut, the woman may have been missing before that. They said, well, no, shit, sherlock all right. Anyway, her remains found in a suitcase. Okay, that's a bit of a nuance here. Residents concerned about the new discovery became spooked when they learned that the bodies of two other women had recently been found in two other Connecticut towns, Norwalk, Norwalk, Sure and New Haven. On March six, remains of a woman identified as Page fan in thirty five of West Islip, New York, were found in the Norwalk River near the abandoned Gritztmill Road bridge in Norwalk near the Wilton border. Okay. The same day, March six, a human skull was found in the woods off Route three in Plymouth on the Massachusetts Coast. Authorities have not yet determined age or gender. Weeks later, on March twenty first, the body of a third Connecticut woman, identified as Denise Leary fifty nine, was found in New Haven, about forty minutes away from Norwalk. According to New Haven Police, Leria, a mother of two for New Haven, was reported missing in August. People who were cleany or clearing brush behind their house in Rock Creek found her remains. Five days later, the body of a woman was found in the woods in Foster, Rhode Island. Michelle Romano, fifty six, was reported missing from the coastal town of Warwick in August. Police say her death has been determined to be as suspicious in nature. Authorities have not yet said how she died. Most recently, on Wednesday, April ninth, human remains are found in woodwards in killing Lye. The Connecticut State Police told the people in an email they have not yet been identified. This investigation is in the early stages, remains active and ongoing, and there is no information about the time suggesting any connection to similar remains discoveries actively under investigation by the CSP or the CT law enforcement agencies. The statement also said there is no known threat to the public at this time. Officials are still trying to determine the cause and manner of all of their deaths. Okay, well, that's just a depressing way to wrap this one up, isn't it. But okay, and it's possible social media is going to be social media and is going to be TikTok. But I you know, I'm not saying that there's obviously some sort of a serial killer on the luce here. It's horrible that there's bodies being discovered and and that's horrible. But also, I you know, I'm why don't people just carry weapons? It'd be so much easier to just go buy a gun and carry it with you at all times. I don't know, Okay, let's see here, anything else going on in the chat here. Raven Lee has shared an article the Daily Express archaeology breakthrough at the church standing where Jesus was crucified, Oh, the Sepulcher Ooh, well, you know, actually I've just recently heard a different belief as far as where they believe Jesus was crucified. There's two mounds. Yes, they're both. It could be referred to as Golgotha or Place of the Skull, right, they are next to each other. But there is a conversation now whether the Holy Church of the Sepulcher is actually built on the correct site or not. So actually, I am very interested to see what you have brought to the table here, Raven, let's check it out. The Church of the Holy Sepulcher Sepulcher in Jerusalem is believed to be the site where Jesus crucifixion, burial, and resurrection, and recent archaeological digs have revealed a huge amount of history about the site. Yeah, so the things that I had researched here recently showed that back in the day before it was the land was taken back by the Israelites and the Hebrews, way back when. Apparently gold Gotha is the place where they sacrificed their children to Moloch, the Canaanite god. And that's also why that place is known as the Mound of the Skull. That and also the side of the mound looks like it has a skull etched into the side of it. So I've heard both being true. But let's check it out here. Recent excavations traditionally held by the at the Holy Church of the Sepulchurt traditionally hailed to be the cation of Jesus Crucifixion, have un earth fascinating historical artifacts. The latest discoveries indicate that the site, which dates back to the fourth century were initially an ancient quarry. Signs of extensive stone attraction, including deep saw marks in the rocks, suggest that the area was deserted during the Iron Age before being repurposed for farming activities in the Roman Era. Following the AD seventy siege, Emperor Hadrian erected a pagan temple on the site. The temple stood into the fourth century, where Emperor Constantine commanded its destruction to make way for the Christian Church.
Speaker 9: Can I interrupt real quick? I'm sorry, but Hadrian was not emperor until one seventeen AD, so that would have been the Spacian So continue. The article's wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to read here. It says, yeah, following the siege, Emperor Hadrian erected a pagan temple. Yeah, that's not correct at all. I'll be damn good. Call tony good call Okay. So let's see here stood until the fourth century, when Emperor Constantine commanded its destruction to make way for the Christian Church. Excavation spearheaded by Marcarius, the first Bishop of Jerusalem, revealed a rock hewn tomb identified as Jesus burial place. Among the recent findings are remain or remnants of Roman cultic structures, underscoring the sites shifting religious significance over time. Currently, archaeologists are concentrating their efforts on further probing the northern aisle of the church, scrutinizing the Roman foundations, and delving into the historical strata that contributed to the site's religious prominence. Now that's Fascinatingway is there more here?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we go. These discoveries play a crucial role in comprehending the evolution of early Christian sanctuaries, which were constructed to cater two pilgrims. The excavation offers vital insights into the site's evolution into a significant hub of Christian worship, as well as its relevance relevance in the wider religion context of Jerusalem. The continuous effort aims to record the church's complete architectural development and its significance in the spiritual and cultural tapestry of the city. You know, I've heard a lot of things as far as like what's going on with Jerusalem in an archaeological standpoint here recently, like, for instance, Herod's Palace, the Palate of Herod the Great, not who was the one. It wasn't Herod the Great that had Jesus crucified. It was his son Herod. I'm gonna butcher the second part Argustia something. There was another part of that name. His palace wasn't at Herod's palace in the city of Jerusalem. As a matter of fact, conscious pilot was staying at the actual palace of Herod the Great at the time. So there's a lot of the story of the final day of jesus life right well before the cruise fixion. He came back from the dead to all this stuff. But they believed for the longest time that when he was put on trial, right he went right next door to where the temple stood, to where the Roman barracks were housed. They are now starting to believe that he might have been brought to a different place as far as his prison and beating and all that goes, because there was another barracks for Roman soldiers close to the palace of Haret the Great, which is a parking lot today, I might add, But they believe that that barracks is where he might have been tortured and scored. Right then, as far as where everything is played out here. They thought for the longest time that he was, you know, carried his cross through the entirety of Jerusalem to go to that spot. But on the backside of where Harrod's Palace once stood, which was at one time the wall surrounding Jerusalem. That backside there they now have found a spot where there was stairs, there was a stage, if you will, and it seems like that might have been a place for judgment that was literally just through the door. Oh, I wish I had the thing pulled up. There's a whole there's a whole, uh, like three D model showing where Herod's Palace was, which was being occupied by Pontius Pilot, third governor of Judea, all of these things, and on the other side of the wall, Harrod's Palace like butted up to that wall. On the other side of that wall. It's been destroyed since then, but there was at one time like a doorway, stairs, a whole platform where basically he just had to step out and he'd be, you know, presenting to the crowd in this way. So they actually think that Jesus didn't walk through the city of Jerusalem. He walked around the outskirts as he was carrying his cross. And also as far as what I said earlier is the barracks that was right next to the temple. They think that the whaling wall is like the last remaining wall of the original temple. But that doesn't make sense per the written traditions, because they said that the Roman guards were able to peer down into what's it called the the woman's not the women's section, the women's section, thank you. It was like the outer on where even women were allowed to go, and they were able to peer into that from their vantage point. The problem is their vantage point is the whaling wall. So we actually believe that that whaling wall might be the dividing line between the former Roman barracks and the women's section of the temple. I see your hand raised, Royce. I know you're gonna want to weigh it as well.
Speaker 6: Funny enough, it wasn't entirely regardless relating to the what you're talking about right now. But as far as the wall, so do you know that that's not a part of the wall of the temple so as a retaining wall for the temple mount.
Speaker 13: So like that doesn't it hit is holy because it's abudded next to but like so like on top of the temple mount, where the dome on the rock currently is, is where the temple is, where our temple it used to be, right, So that's that's for sure.
Speaker 14: Abe, here's a quick question that I have.
Speaker 6: So the san Hedrin was still operating in the time of Jesus. The san Hedrin, the Jewish court system put people to death before, for sure.
Speaker 14: So like, I don't understand.
Speaker 6: Why they wouldn't have done it themselves, why they needed to go through a Roman emissary, because like, we have our own court system, we have our own like ways to sentence people.
Speaker 14: So something that does that doesn't does not.
Speaker 6: Make sense to my logical slash Jewish brain. I feel where like, if we already have a court system that's already established that we've put people to death before, why go through the Romans?
Speaker 1: Be all right? So uh, long story, short political reasons because the Sanhedron at this time, yeah, they were operating completely under the thumb of Rome, right, Like, hold.
Speaker 14: But who cares if we? If we?
Speaker 6: If so, if Roman wants to kill this guy anyway, why does it matter who kills him?
Speaker 14: That doesn't make sense if if it's.
Speaker 1: Political Rome didn't want him dead. Rome didn't care. They put him under trial and Pont just said he was he was an innocent guy, like they found nothing wrong with him. The Sanhedron wanted him dead, Sam Hedron, excuse me, because he was claiming things that they called heretical. He was things that they saw as completely against their ways. And yeah, they tried stoning him once, not too far back from when he was crucified. That didn't go well, but they attempted.
Speaker 6: I thought, I thought, I thought the stony wash the prostitute.
Speaker 1: That separate, separate conversation. Although they were trying to stone the prostitute. But Jesus came to the temple and preached on the steps outside of the temple, and the Pharisees tried stoning him for that, and they hit a couple of his apostles, but neither here nor there. They wanted him dead for their own political reasons and their own religious reasons, for sure. But the reason why they chose to use the Roman sword figuratively not actually as the mechanism for death was because it would have put them in a better grace as far as their oppressors of the day and age, right they were trying to play the political game to get Shade thrown off of them because at that time, and Tony helped me out here, there was a bit of I mean, there's always been upheaval as far as like if you look at the historicity of Rome in Judea, but at that particular point in time, there was a lot of upheaval and they saw this as kind of like a bargaining chip, if you will.
Speaker 9: So my understanding is that just from watching the passion of the Christ, conscious pilot wasn't sure if he should kill Jesus or not. He didn't really want to, but he said, if I kill him, his supporters might revolt against me, and if I don't kill him, Jesus' enemies might revolt against me. So he was caught in a tough spot right there. And of course the Caiaphas and the Pharisee authorities wanted to get the Romans to do this or at least sign off on it as much as possible, so that if they're killing him, for example, assuming they did it, if that provoked a revolt, then the Romans might have the Pharisees back a little more. So, Yeah, it was politics and I'm doing a bad job explaining it. I want to come back to a brief thing I said earlier about Yeah, it was Vespasian Flavius who was emperor in seventy eighty and his son Titus conquered Jerusalem killed a lot of people. Titus is mentioned in the Talmud, and Titus later became emperor. That was there's one major war. There was another major Roman Jewish war, and one seventeen AD at the beginning of Hadrian's reign, and then there was a third one called the Barkokpa revolt in one thirty five or so ap toward the end of Adrian's reign. And Hadrian did build that temple, the Aalia Capitalina in Jerusalem, but it wasn't at seventy a D. So that's what tripped me up. When I was reading that and I saw seventy a D. I thought that's way too early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seven eight is when they destroyed the temple because of the Jewish revolt. And if we really want to call as the first of three, yeah, who was the who fired the first shot on that one? So to speak. That's that's a whole conversation. But so all right, Pontus Pilot himself was a younger guy, and I don't mean youngers and like he was a teenager, no, no, But he only got that position because of his father's influence in Rome at that time, right, and the Pharisees, specifically Caiaphas, knew that if they were to kill Jesus, he had an insane following, right, And at that time during Passover, when Jesus came to Jerusalem, they knew that if they killed him they themselves that would have made him a martyr and they would have been an even bigger uproar, and they were not afraid of but they didn't want to lose any of their sway over their people, so they wanted to make it seem like it was the evil Romans that did it, not us. We were justified in all of our actions, and it was like a very political exchange, if you will. Now, on the other side of that, poncious Pilot, he didn't want to kill Jesus. As a matter of fact, he washed his hands of it and said, I find no fault with this man. And apparently y'all find fault in him because of some things that he said. That's not my problem. Why are you making it my problem. That's when he brought out Jesus Christ and Jesus Barrabas, which, by the way, Barabbas the guy released. His first name was Jesus too. It's the whole thing, which Jesus should I release, right, And they wanted Barrabas release, and they wanted to kill Jesus. If he would have said, no, I'm not going to kill this senicent guy, he was afraid of an uproar, like an actual revolt to happen, and he was already almost on his third strike as far as the Romans were concerned. If Pontus had one more thing go wrong, he would have lost his position, if not lost his life, and he knew that regardless of his father's influence. So he killed Jesus to appease the crowd. Kaiaphas wanted Jesus killed, said he could maintain his influence and power. And yeah, it was a whole it was a whole, messy, messy, messy situation. But all of those prophesied in Psalms twenty two, like all the way down to them, like gambling over his clothes as he was being crucified, and the nails going through his hands and feet. All that was prophesies and psalms, So like it's a whole thing.
Speaker 14: But I don't know if I would agree with that one. But I hear, I hear what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Have you checked Psalms twenty two? Brother?
Speaker 6: So besides, it's been a little bit. However, there are commentaries that have been written for a long time that have probably explained things.
Speaker 14: And okay, so here's my.
Speaker 6: Can point a contention with when people take Hebrew scriptures, not necessarily out of context, but don't translate or understand them how the Jews have for the past couple thousand years. For example, I'm sure you're familiar with Isaiah fifty three. We're talking about the suffering servant. Yeah, who is the suffering servant? Your answer to me is gonna be a Jesus? Right?
Speaker 1: Could be?
Speaker 6: However, earlier in Isaiah, Isaiah says specifically, the suffering servant is the children of Israel. Right, So, like, it's not understood how Christians mean it.
Speaker 1: No, No, I hear what you're saying. Would that not make sense that Jesus would be the suffering servant for all of Israel?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Why not.
Speaker 6: Because we don't need a different method of atonement because God already gave it to us. Every well, so we're so sorry. So the sacrifices, then, I'm saying, even even now, like eventually Jews do help that the temple will be reinstituted, the sacrifices will be had, but even but these are the things that that God instituted. So it's not like.
Speaker 14: You or I just said, all right, well, we're going to do this.
Speaker 6: And because the the Hebrew word for sacrifice is carbon, which comes from the word kirub is to bring close, So like these are these are things that God's made and even every single year on the day of Atonement, like A said that every single year, this is this is what it's going to be. Right, So in a Jewish person's opinion, there didn't need to be any kind of Messiah figure as far as a like how how the Christians think of him, because that's not how how we do because he needs to be human from a Jewish woman, from from the line of David. So there's so no supernatural like yours. Your soul needs are record deemed because nowhere in the Torah or honestly anywhere in the Old Testament anyway, it talks about an internal damnation from God.
Speaker 1: So even like let's just.
Speaker 6: Say Shale or Ghem or a place where your soul potentially gets purified for the sins you've done in this life, never once have I mean, I could be talking out of ignorance, and I'll do more studies as.
Speaker 14: As we go.
Speaker 6: But Judaism doesn't talk about an internal damnation from Hell, right, So what so if in our literature and understanding we don't believe that there's going to be an internal separation from God, why would do we need Jesus?
Speaker 1: Why did everybody believe that Jesus or the Messiah, I don't want to say just Jesus. Why did everybody believe that the Messiah is going to be some sort of a military figure. It said that he would lead to a new.
Speaker 6: Because you know, part of it is that, like the whole uh the wars, I think of God and magog and that he he will usher in world peace through I guess strength of that evil will be eradicated.
Speaker 14: I think that's really where it comes from, is that.
Speaker 6: Since we believe that evil will will eventually be no more than by necessity, the leader must fight God's battles.
Speaker 1: I at least understand the line of thinking, for sure, But even still, when it's talking about the Messiah itself, right, they describe in grave detail all of the boxes that must be checked, right, And and you and I have talked about this offline before, and we you know, respectfully disagree.
Speaker 14: On which sure, absolutely.
Speaker 1: We're not checked and everything, but yeah, it's still very interesting to look at for sure.
Speaker 14: Sure, that's absolutely yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, all right, so yeah, I just realized we me and you could probably have this conversation for another two hours. Tony, I see you unmuted. I'm sure you want to weigh in.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I wanted to chime in. I'm a little in between you two on some of this prophecy stuff. In general, I don't really believe super huge in prophecies. I hope I don't get too heretically here, but part of me, I'm not one hundred percent sure Jesus was actually born in Bethlehem, because he's from Nazareth. He's a Northerner. Bethlehem's way south. But there was this need to put his birthplace in Bethlehem because there was a prophecy about it, and oh, how convenient he fulfills that prophecy if we just make him born in Bethlehem. Oh and he's also got to be descended from the line of David, so we got to work that in there. Because the tribe of Judah is south of Jerusalem. It includes Jerusalem, but those northern tribes were already mostly lost before the time of Jesus, and he was born way up there. So what exactly is he Well, I feel like there's this tendency to try to force him to fulfill a lot of prophecies. And in Catholicism this means that, Okay, Mary's got to be a virgin, and she must be always a virgin, and to other people that particular belief is not that important. And you know, you just start lining up all these boxes that have to be checked, for example, and at a point I go, okay, okay, I'm supposed to have faith in this, but do I really have faith in it? I'm going to plead the fifth I guess I don't want to be too much of a heretic. I am a Knight of Columbus, and yeah, I don't want to scandalize anyone no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Something why they had to move or at least leave Nazareth was because Herod the Great quote unquote the Great put out a proclamation that everybody in Nazareth that was too or under had to be put to death because some guys approached him and said they were coming to meet the new king that was being born, and they said that he was going to be from Nazareth. So he put that proclamation out, and allegedly that's when Jesus had to go to Egypt. And while some people believe that's where he spent his early years and that's why he's some sort of ascended master type. And I know I'm sounding a lot like Jonathan at this one. That is at least the trail of thinking that would lead to why they had to go to Bethlehem rather than stay in Nazareth. But then cut too, when he comes back to Nazareth, everybody knows him as the carpenter's kid, you know. And Mary, we know for sure had four other sons, not Jesus, and up to two daughters, maybe more. But yeah, certain people believe that that takes away from her significance. I am not of that, but yeah, I feel you on that it's a lot of people try to force a circle into a square hole.
Speaker 11: Huh.
Speaker 1: And I'm with you on that there's a lot of people that will like go to the extremes to make it do that. I would like to not be one of those people. I would like to be somebody who looks at the confirmed, indisputable facts and go from there. And at least in my studies, the indisputable facts have put me onto the trajectory and the thought process that I'm on. But I know a lot of Christians really do not like my stance on a lot of things. And that's okay.
Speaker 9: It's really hard to know much of anything that's going on.
Speaker 1: Back it out on a sair Tony.
Speaker 9: The Holy Innocence. If there were, you know, all these babies being killed on the order of a king, and wouldn't that king get really unpopular for doing that and maybe even be overthrown or close to it. Wouldn't it have at least been written down? Well, if it was, it hasn't survived, neither has anything else about his childhood. It just kind of feels like a story that people would make up to make it as interesting as possible, and it would be really nice if there were more information that survived, like the census records or something. Do we have any Roman censuses?
Speaker 1: We do? We do. Indeed, there are Roman censuses from Nazareth that show a serious population dip around that time. And the argument as far as Harod not being overthrown was because the Herod senior was really tight with Rome and like he if they would have tried to overthrow him, the Romans would have had his back and quelled the resistance. So he kind of had carte blanche ability to do what he wanted with his people as long as he didn't make it a problem for the Romans, they let him do what they wanted. And that's that was like the gentle balancing act. And it's not like that was just indicative of Herod. I mean, there was a lot of Roman conquested areas that had local leadership that they tried to let remain in place. And yeah, they put Roman governors over them, but as long as they could have a decent working relationship with the people, then they would try to do that as best they could. Rather than force their beliefs on them, they would allow these people to maintain their own religion in a lot of cases and things like that. But the second it became a Roman problem, they ended that problem. That was a reoccurring theme for them for sure. But anyway, so yeah, again, we could talk about this literally all night, and I do have to edit this so we can get out the next day. So I do want to thank everybody for coming in and chiming in on this episode. Anybody listening to this on Thursday, if you would like to be a part of the conversation, then please come check out The Cajun Night on Patreon. I will put the linklin description below as I do every episode, and this is what we do. We talk about all the geopolitics, we talk about some religion, we talk about some history, we talk about some anthropology, some languages all over the place with this and I really look forward to our Wednesday night conversations. Again, I want to thank everybody for joining joining in on this one and until next time, as always, God bless