Speaker 1: Portions of the Bill Cunningham Show may be pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Willie rough You by Choice Hotels, Econo Lodge and Roadway In Hotels are serving up double points for every qualifying stay book at Choice.
Speaker 3: Hotels dot com.
Speaker 2: Now here's the man who's been recognized as radio's best, the recipient of not one, but two prestigious Marconi Awards for his broadcast excellence, the one and only Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 4: Hi, Billy Cunningham, the Great America. Welcome this glorious Sunday night. And I'll tell you what. Looking at my left, there's activities, of course in Idaho with Quarto Aleen Idaho too, of firefighters fatally shot while responding to brush fires. Seemingly it was a setup. We're going to continue to follow that tonight, and there's been several news conferences held. Don't know if there's one sniper involved in this or several, but as the information transpars will give it to you. Plus, I want to welcome all the new listeners we have to all the new stations. The show's certainly gathering larger numbers every Sunday night. We have well over a million listeners now, with close to six hundred radio stations, and it's growing relentlessly because of Julie Talbot and others, and also be gooes of your involvement and the guests that come on, and the fact that things are very active politically, and because of the success of Donald Trump, and God knows he needs support from people like you and I. What happened on Tuesday in New York City was patently absurd. To have the citizens of that previously great city to select Zorron, Mom Donnie, who I call yes here, Mom Donnie, to be the mayor of New York City is typical of what happened and what's happening now in every major American city. And I've said to you, and I'll say it again that no great nation can survive long when all of its major cities are in complete decline or collapse. I've asked a question many times in many places, which city is in worst shape? Is a Los Angeles, Chicago or New York City? Which one's worse? And the people shake their head and say it can't get any worse. In Los Angeles, in which fornication, urination, defecation, drug dealing, open air drug markets, fleet bag hotels out in front of schools, You can't drive a nice car to a restaurant for fear of being followed home, That women refuse to wear jewelry, that the Hollywood crowd has collapsed. You can be Brad Pitt to have your home burglarized. Nothing rights about Los Angeles, and imagine living in Los Angeles. Don't have wealth and you have to send your kid to Los Angeles County public schools. Imagine what that's like. Must be like in the city of Chicago with Brandon Johnson, It's awful, It's terrible. Brandon Johnson was selected in Chicago by the Democrats, who I think has got a fifteen percent approval rating, and what's wrong without fifteen percent? It's incredible, unbelievable. The New York City was in pretty good shape for a long time after David Dinkins left and Rual Juliani took over for eight years, than Michael Bloomberg for twelve. That was a twenty year run like we've never seen. The murder rate got so low that if someone spit on the sidewalk or at a broken window, it was immediately remedied. In New York City shown brightly and then Deblasio took over for eight years now Adams has maintained the status quote not good. And to take it further into the crapper you got Zoe Ron Mamdani is gonna allegedly become the next mayor of New York City and uh he said this morning and one of the morning talk shows that if selected to be the mayor, he's going to battle. He's going to fight using the NYPD against ICE as a sanctuary city. That is incredible. This is a guy who believes in global Intofada, which is a rebellion of resistance director towards Jews, Christians, the Western democracies of which he'll be in charge in one of the major cities. And Mom Donnie talks about freezing all the rents. That's going to incentivize people to build more apartments, right when you can't make any money. The way the lower rents is to have more availability of housing, not less. When you have less availability, the prices go up. When you have more, the prices go down. So you would think in New York City, you know what, we need to build more apartments, more housing, more units. In fact, teach on the opposite approach, going to freeze rents. Also talks about free public transportation on buses and subways nobody pays. Talks about defunding the police, demoralizing the police. How about something such as as suing the police, getting rid of qualified immunity. Cops make mistakes all the time. By the time the ACLU gets done with NYPD, it'll be no cop wanting to serve. Also, he wants to have city owned grocery stores. Of course, I know a lot of the people that work at Kroger. Kroger was founded right here in Cincinnati by a guy named Barney Kroger, and the margins on a grocery store like a Kroger is under one percent of all the sales. If they make one percent of total sales and profits, that's a good year. But city owned grocery stores are like Cuban owned grocery stores. I think Fidel Mom Donnie would like that city owned grocery stores. How's that going to work? The city can't do a damn thing right. They're going to involve itself in a complicated business well run that is a one percent profit margin, MAIMI Maybe so New York City grocery stores will look like Havana. Then he also wants a thirty dollars minimum wage, which means forty dollars because employers, if you pay thirty an extra ten dollars an hours for all the government requirements of a worker's compensation, unemployment insurance, et cetera, with holding money faika. So it's forty bucks an hour, which will drive out of business most of the small businesses in New York City. And he wants more money for public education. Of course, right now, the average kid in New York City gets on average thirty thousand dollars a year, and he wants more money than that, and he wants a global intofada. And that's what New Yorker's voted for. Reminds me of the Stockholm syndrome. That is, you might recall, it's a psychological condition where hostages are victims of abuse, develop good feelings and empathy and even loyalty toward the captors or abusers. That's how democrats get elected into major cities, because you can't say, in a major American city like Memphis or Atlanta, or Austin, Texas, which is a blue blue city and a great red state, or San Francisco or Los Angeles, that we're going to hold our elected leaders to actually perform well in office to improve the quality of life in our areas. The longer Democrats in charge in these major cities, the worst things become and the voters, somehow who are the hostages and victims of the abuse, develop positive feelings towards those in charge of the abuse. It's called the Stockholm syndrome. To me, it's incredible. I'm going on for a long time. And this morning, when if you would ask Karen Bass or Brandon Johnson or any of the major mayors in the city, are you a sanctuary city sanctuary state? The answer is always Yesterday we are where sanctuary city sanctuary state, which means we will not follow federal law. This morning it appeared that Fidel Mom Donnie is going to pit the NYPD against Ice. Wow. That's happened before, hasn't it. You may recall the Democratic Party beginning with Andrew Jackson, as Sean McMahon knows, my producer, in eighteen twenty eight the Trail of Tears. His goal was to organize the original Democratic Party to brutalize Indians and then has to develop between then and eighteen sixty, the Democratic Party said, federal law doesn't apply in my city or my state. So what they did, well, they fired on Fort Sumter and started the Civil War. They said, you know what, we're not going to follow federal law. And of course they lost that war, thank God, to the North, and Lincoln was assassinated by Southerner like Robert F. Kennedy was killed by a Palestinian and John F. Kennedy was killed by a communist named Lee Harvey Oswald who was the Fidel Castro devotee. And the left acts out accordingly. So at that point they said, okay, we're not going to follow federal law. Get the federal troops out of here. Even though we lost the Civil War, we don't want federal troops anywhere in Alabama, South Carolina, and Georgia, Louisiana. Get them all, get them the hell out of here. So they they agreed to a deal in eighteen seventy six in which they threw their support in the electoral College the Rutherford B. Hayes own condition that he pulled all the federal troops out of the South. So the Democrats in the South go to ignore the civil rights of African Americans, former slaves that began the ku Klux Klan lynchings in the rapes and the brutalization of black folks that they handed Democrats, which began, I guess in the eighteen twenties or eighteen thirties and continues through today two hundred and ten, fifteen years later. The same Democratic party is in charge of ignoring federal law and the Old South. It was about the Confederacy. Today it's about sanctuary city, sanctuary states. Federal law doesn't apply. If Democratic governors like Pritzer and others saying that we're not going to follow federal law, well, his predecessor was Oral Fabas and George Wallace. They didn't follow federal law and they still are a lawless It's like an insurrection against the rule of law. I see it constantly. He had my Yorkists permitted to the country. Millions of aliens were enticed and permitted to enter America over the last four years, released all over the place without vetting and without authorities keeping track of anyone. Many had terrible criminal records. And now the Washington Post is shocked that fentanyl deaths have gone down under Donald Trump. It's curious. The murder rate is also collapsing because Donald Trump is enforcing federal law. How about that idea? And so we live in a society today in what's having watched the failure of democratic politicians and our beautiful, opulent American cities destroy those cities, doubling down with Fidel Mamdani, who now wants to say that we're to go towards socialism and communism in New York City. The policies have failed the past twelve years under the Blasio and Adams. Let's go step further. Let's freeze rents, Let's attack the police, Let's defund the police. Let's get free public transportation. Let's confiscate all the guns of citizens in New York City. Let's sue the police. Let's have city owned grocery stores like in Havana, Cuba, and let's have more money for public education. That fails. That's the same approach everywhere in the blue cities and the blue states. If you're in a blue city in a red state like Cincinnati, Ohio or Austin, Texas, you might be okay. Or Atlanta, Georgia okay. But if you're a blue city in a blue State, Washington, Oregon, California and New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts. My god, are you in trouble because the voters are suffering from Stockholm syndrome. The Democratic voters will not hold you account to success in any of the policies that you follow. They bring about what they seek to avoid, which is a flourishing city. I don't know if you've seen the videos out of Los Angeles. It looked like Bangladesh on a bad day, Chicago, Atlantic, Atlanta, many other Memphis. Terrible crime rates in those cities, the bacherous misbehavior cities taken over by gangs. In fact, you have public officials in Los Angeles asking that the Latin street gangs fight ice mono tomano. The rule of law should be ignored. Gang members and those affiliate with foreign terrorist organizations are all over the country put there by who by Yorkas and Joe Biden in the auto pen. They're against insurrection, against the rule of law. The border was wide open, you know what happened, And since Trump took over, not even in six months, yet you're down to zero illegal crossings in the month in the month of May, and I think June's going to be the same way. So the leftists, the big city mayors, the blue state governors, are supporting attacks on federal officials who are charged with enforcing the law. This morning on one of the Sunday morning talk shows, that's what fadel Mam Donnie did, is that he's going to fight, fight, fight, using all the resources at his command, including the NYPD, to go after Ice. And these are the same ones who are part of the old Confederacy, the same ones who promised sanctuary from federal law enforcement and provided other inducements and incentives, entered this country illegally, and they have a reason to do it. And the cadre I've left us simply wished to overthrow our government and radically change our culture. As we've seen in Europe. Europe has lost, it's gone, and Mom Donnie is going to be the latest ideation, which he's likely to win. Let's continue first, Paul will be from from Paul and Idaho looking to my left, a courted Deleen, Idaho has got some serious difficulties happening on happening as I speak, So your comments and my comments and more, and if I was in the Congress tomorrow. I guess they're going to vote tomorrow. I'd vote yes on this bill, the big beautiful bill. I'd hold my nose and vote yes. I don't like adding money to the deficit. Medicaid's gone up fifty percent in the past four years, fifty percent increase. Republicans want to hold that fifty percent increase to six percent a year increase. Also, the federal entire federal budget's gone up forty total in the past four years. We're hurtling ourselves toward FISCO bankruptcy, and I hope that the modest incentives to grow businesses succeed. I'm with the Trumpster on this. I wish there was some other way of doing it. But it's taken about five months to get to this point. So to Senator Tillis, I say, good riddance. Let's continue with more. And we have three lines open eight six six six four seven seven three three six seven three three seven eight sixty six six four seven seven three three seven. Bill Cunningham, the Great American with you every Sunday night. Let's continue with the more thousands on the whole. Let's get to you give me another couple of minutes and I'll go to the calls all over the nation. I've read much in conservative literature about simply leaving Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Washington, d C. The city thereof just let them die. Well, what value are they?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I contend that a great nation can I not have all of its cities look like Bangladesh on a bad afternoon. I don't know how that works. And I pray to God. Without America, the world would look fundamentally different than it looks today. And in a sense, is America now fundamentally transforming itself. As you've definitely heard me relate to the words of Benjamin Franklin and others. I had on a guest about a month ago who was the eighth grandson of Benjamin Franklin. He said, quote, only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters. And others have written about, including Sir Alexander Fraser Tyler, that the great nations have a have about a two to two hundred and fifty year lifespan. The rest of it is we fall into the abyss as all great societies and cultures have done, and we're changing right now in to something else. And the left, the mom Donni's of this world, want to make America a radically different nation where individuals cannot have personal wealth, it must be for the public good, and having great success in doing so. I think the left is winning in all the major American cities. America may not even exist in two hundred years from now. I don't know what's going to be here today, and I'd hazard a guess that the Nations is not going to look like it does today, in which a person like Donald Trump could be elected to the presidency, because right now I'm told what happens in California is going to happen in Iowa, what happens in New York's going to happen in Ohio, what's happening in Illinois is going to happen in South Carolina. Really, I don't know. I can tell you right now the US has undergone and is in the process of something is happening, like a transformation. Will it improve? Will we get stronger? Will we get weaker? As the Mom Donnie approached, the Nancy Pelosi approach, the Akeem Jeffreys approach, the Chuck Schumer approach, the Karen Bass approach, is that the future of this country. Imagine, if you will, if it is right now, the vast majority of Americans have rejected the idea of being frugal, limited, virtuous, family structures, et cetera. Most of us have rejected that completely. And right now, the big beautiful bill I guess going to pass the Senate Monday or Tuesday, gives five trillion dollars more in national debt to all kinds of causes, many of which are quite meritorious, like one hundred and fifty billion dollars more for the military or eighty five billion dollars more for the defense on the southern border. Yes, but medicaid has gone up in the past four years fifty percent. In the overall budget's gone up forty seven percent the past four or five years, and the Republicans want to spend more. That's not enough. So the great majority of us have rejected the idea of frugality and Judeo Christian notions the founders believed in two hundred and forty nine years ago. For some something else. Are you worried? Bill cunning and the great American with you every Sunday night to set up a grocery. Just one grocery store takes on average ten million dollars. Where's that mighty going to come from? And if everything is free and there's no concern about profit, within about two or three months, that grocery store in New York City's going to look like a grocery store in Nevana, Cuba. Fidel, of course, is one of the leaders of Karen Bass, the mayor of Los Angeles. He's been in Cuba about thirty five times, and also the next mayor of New York City. Mom Donnie, also known as Fidel, wants to have government run food stores as if for Kroger and Walmart, et cetera, is not doing much of a job when they try, if they do everything right, get less than one percent profit on the items they sell. Every Kroger store I walks in look great. There's fresh fruits and vegetables everywhere. And if you're in an urban area because of all the petty theft going on in the thievery, the stores are shut down because there's too much people walking out the door with all the profits. Same thing's going to happen in New York City. Let's go to the calls. I'm gonna take Paul from Idaho. First situations happening Idaho sheriff said, we're actively taking sniper fire. This is in Quarterlin, Idaho. And Paul, welcome again to the Ball to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Paul, what's happening tonight in Idaho?
Speaker 5: Great talking to you service. Thanks taking my call.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, Well, that's what.
Speaker 6: They've had is for the ambush shooter or shooters. They're not very at but it's high powered rifles from a far away distance. So there's a pretty good shots. I guess, not not to kill people, but there's there's at least two firefighters that are known to have been murdered by the people. Yeah, and uh, Courtlaying is a is a resort. It's a very expensive resort to stay at. You probably would know about the floating Gulf Green it has Yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, I understand that Oprah Winfrey, that George Clinty crowd all have places in Quarterlin, Idaho. And it's it's not a working class area, shall we say.
Speaker 6: It is that they need workers in the kitchens.
Speaker 7: You med say they do.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So anyway, I did want to mention.
Speaker 8: It to you.
Speaker 6: Last time I talked to you, I talked over you like I was a Democrat, and I wanted to say I was sorry I did that because I know how much you guys hate that when that happened.
Speaker 4: Well, I I love Democrats, I just hate their philosophies of governance that it doesn't work. John F. Kennedy today would be to the right of Donald Trump. The Democratic Party is dead. It is the Democratic Socialist Party tending toward a communism. And Mom Donnie is this chief architect. And everything's free. Everyone's taxed above a million dollars. You have free buses, you have free subway, you have free food, free public education. Everything's free. Attack the police, no guns, ignore federal law. That's the way it's going. In fact, i'd ask you this, Paul. You live in Idaho. There's no large cities in Idaho. I've read in many conservative journals. Should the rest of America simply let Chicago La New York collapse? Are the Are the big cities run by Democrats for half a century or more worth saving?
Speaker 6: Well, there's not going to be much less to say. If that's the case, there's gonna there's gonna be riots, especially with the illegals that are still haven't been deported yet, and.
Speaker 1: You know they're not going to go willingly.
Speaker 6: So it's he caused more trouble for Ice than anybody else that gets involved in that deportation.
Speaker 4: Paul considered for a moment the wreckage caused by Joe Biden and those in charge of the auto pen. Look at the wreckage they caused the past four years of this country. It is really unbelievable.
Speaker 6: They could have avoided the whole thing if they would have just did the twenty fifth Amendment.
Speaker 5: That's all they had to do.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure Kamala Harris was functional either. Now you know what happened. It'll come out at some point that the only reason on June the twenty seventh of last year, that the handlers of Joe Biden put him out there with the first debate. You might recall there's never been a presidential debate before Labor Day. By then it would have been too late. So the handlers of Joe Biden knew how terrible he was going to do and that that would push him out of the race and put Kamala Harris in charge. And God help anyone that would vote against a black female even though she was incompetent. She's a left wing activist from San Francisco, and so the handlers around Joe Biden wanted to install Kamala Harrison and the presidency by having Joe Biden fail in the debate. That's what happened about a year ago.
Speaker 6: That sounds about perfect to me, the way they had it all set up.
Speaker 4: Set up for Kamala to take over and then run with a two billion dollar fund paid for by the billionaires. You know, Democrats hate billionaires, except George Soros and then those who fund the Democratic Party. Let's continue with more. We have Elizabeth and Florida, and then Dave and Naples, Florida, where I spent the last week, and Elizabeth and Florida. Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Elizabeth, how are you.
Speaker 9: I'm well, Bill, Thank you so much for being there. I'm so happy that your audience is growing and growing.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 9: I'm concerned about the city owned grocery stores. This mom Bammy is going to yeah set up against the people of New York, and I'm wondering where the food will come from. I'm thinking Bill Gates will have an opening there for his insect protein, you know, the bug.
Speaker 4: I've seen that, Elizabeth. He wants to have a normal a raising of cattle, pigs and sheep and chickens. He's going to have cockroach lunches. And that Bill Gates plan is to have us eat insects? Do you find that attractive and delicious?
Speaker 9: Guinea pigs?
Speaker 10: Basically?
Speaker 9: Right? And I'm wondering where the other food is going to come from, like Mexico, Canada, anywhere, but the United States.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean you and I know I live part time in Florida. You're there regularly. It's non functional. You can't live in a big, major American city because of the social debaucher's condition, the lack of law enforcement, no public education, you're a nation, fornication, defecation in the streets, a smell every You can't live in a major city. And so New York's going to be emptied out. And I think Mom, Donnie's going to be the last person out because functional Americans are going to leave, wouldn't you.
Speaker 9: Well yeah, And I'm just saying, you know, God have mercy on the people there, because you know, there's more more Jewish people in New York? Are they really going to put up with this? They need to have commercials about this and show where you know this food is going to be coming from, you know, and show bugs turning into protein.
Speaker 4: I guess that that's the future. I mean, I'll believe it when I see it. But can America survive long term when this beautiful, ipulent American cities are in complete collapse? What American city run by the Democratic Party for the last fifty to one hundred and fifty years are is succeeding well? Which one is? Good education, functional law enforcement, lots of jobs availability, and the homeless crisis is non existent, and there's good and medical care, dental care, health care. What American city run by Democrats have any of that?
Speaker 11: Zero?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Tampa is kind of like in between. You know, it's good Democratic mayor there right now, and you know she's you know, doing her own thing. And I'm praying that Tampa will turn more red. That their Tampa is pretty blue at this point.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, it's like Austin, Texas. Austin, Texas is all blue. But Texas is a great state. You can be a blue city like Cincinnati in a great state which is red Ohio, and you can make it. But if you're a blue city in a blue state, if you're Chicago, if you're Los Angeles, if you're in New York, you got no chance of getting a public education. You have no chance of adequate law enforcement. Don't have respect for authority, don't have respect for police. The shattered window theory makes a lot of sense. It should happen. But instead of going more to the right, the major city is going more to the left. In fact, Brandon Johnson will tell you the mayor of Chicago, I don't want to hire white people. In fact, the New York's city mom Donnie's talking about raising taxes on white people. What exactly what?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 9: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: And I thought to myself, how.
Speaker 9: How could anybody vote for this man. I'm just praying that.
Speaker 5: Slee Wise, Yeah, he's good, well match.
Speaker 9: On some of this stuff. That's that Trump will support him and that you know, he'll he'll get things turned around. Because the demon crafts is what I call them, are you know, they're all split, right, So there was like three of them running against this this creature, this man, this mom Donnie.
Speaker 4: He's demanding into fada, global into fada, which is killing of juice, killing a juice.
Speaker 9: He's an is lam mist right, Yeah, he is absolutely against the Western society, and.
Speaker 4: He wants to run America's largest and most important city. Supposedly, the years I spent there was wonderful. Twenty eleven and twenty sixteen, it was functional. Bloomberg was in charge before the Blasio took over, and it was a functional city. Right now it's non functional. You can't send your kid to the public school. If you have a crime committed against you, why call the police? And you can't defend yourself. And you can't walk down sixth Avenue, the avenue in the Americas without smelling urine. There's no middle class jobs being created. And the next mayor wants to freeze rent. The way to have rents lowered is to have more availability of apartments, not to make it more difficult to build one, make it easier to build one by having more apartments than there's individuals to rent. That means the price goes down. But Democrats and communists believe we're gonna have rent controls and government run grocery stores, and people are buying into that are you kidding me? Let's continue, Let's go to Dave in Naples and the many others Dave and Naples call your county, Dave, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Dave, how are you well?
Speaker 5: I'm wonderful, Willie.
Speaker 11: Everybody says, it's always in my own mind. But have you ever heard the slogan all hands on deck?
Speaker 4: I used to from a guy named Dave a few years ago.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's me, brother, that's me, Billy.
Speaker 11: I'm like a silver iglea. I head on down to Naples and spend you know, four or five months, and you know, a venture back in the summer like you, and have a hell of a good time and stuff. But what a great place. Of course, you gotta remember Florida. You got Ron Desamus, that's America's.
Speaker 5: Governor down there, and he.
Speaker 11: Believes in law and order. They don't get away with those kind of shenanigans down there in Florida, the Free State.
Speaker 8: You know that?
Speaker 4: Well, Dave? What about the alligator? Alcatraz? Is the story tonight that there's gonna be in the middle of the Everglades, a five thousand unit prison camp for criminal illegal aliens. There'll be no walls. But it's in the middle of the Everglades and the way you come and go is by helicopter. So much like want that. That's a fabulous idea to save a lot of money. And if you can make it across miles and miles of swamp, you can. You're gonna escape. And nobody's gonna do that.
Speaker 11: They gonna do that because of the gators.
Speaker 3: Don't get you, those big.
Speaker 5: Boas to get you.
Speaker 4: For sure, you in the mesake, Hey Willie.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Hey Lillie. Everything that you're talking about, everything that's going on with all this big city stuff, it's.
Speaker 8: All by de hind.
Speaker 11: You forget about the Harris's sidekick, that crack pop that runs Minnesota. He let the mother burn down there in twenty twenty and he's the governor, and looks who runs the big cities in Minnesota. That place is as bad as a disasters California or any of the states you're talking about. So that's a blueprint for people to wake up and smell the coffee. And New York City can only be saved if Trumpster gets behind Curtis. That was a great comment that the lady just made right.
Speaker 4: I think it's Curtis Sliwa, who's one of the guardian angels, so to speak. It was shot by the mob and survived in the backseat of a cab. He's told me that story several times. And the guys in New Yorker he's wonderful. He believes in the Giuliani way of looking at law enforcement, he would clean up the city. It would take about two to four years they have New York City return to its former glory. And that's why he's likely won't get elected. And the problem is the cities have changed. The New York City of the nineteen nineties. They remember David Dinkins and right now there's short term memory loss. And what's going to happen to our greatest city, supposedly the larger New York City under Mom Donnie go take a look at Havana, Cuba. That that's his model. Make it look like Havana And I got a guess coming on later that talks about deporting Mom Donnie. How about that one. Let's continue with more if a line ever becomes available, which it does not. Eight six six six four seven seven three three seven calls from Florida, Wisconsin, Maryland, and California and Oregon.
Speaker 3: Next.
Speaker 4: Bill Cunningham with you every Sunday night. What injury strikes, Postman is ready to fight.
Speaker 12: Postman Law has delivered over three billion dollars for its class.
Speaker 4: At the music Sean McMahon, I love this song. There much for the politics of John Cougar Mellencamp. Every now and then he made good music. He had at that point some lucid moments. Not so much anymore. A friend of mine in the Cleveland area has sent me the phone number of Nate Shellman, who's the program director of afternoon host on KBOI Boise Idaho. We're going to put a call into him in about ten minutes to see if he can give us a live update on what's happening there. I have his number. Let's see if we can do that later. But until then, back to the telephone calls, I would point out that the leader of the second or third in command of Iran, which I had the crap kicked out of them by the Israelis and by Donald Trump, has now put a new fatwah, which is an order to kill Donald Trump, in an order to kill Benjamin Netchinahu, especially Donald Trump. You might recall about a year ago, the so called administration of sorts of Joe Biden through the FBI, met with Donald Trump and told the Trump stor that there was warrens out to arrest two Iranian hit teams inside the country watching him campaign in order to assassinate and murder him, unconnected to what happened in Butler County, Pennsylvania. And at that point there was fears that drones might be used weaponized drones from U haul rental trucks several miles away and use the drones to crash into Donald Trump himself, and the Trump campaign was advised as to how to take measures to stop that from mc curring. Here we are in the first six months of the Trump administration. My gosh, what a great week he had. The first six months of this administration is the greatest in American history by any fair measurement. What he's done on the southern border, what he's going to have done with the BBB the next day or two, talk about the Congo and Rwanda peace, India Pakistan peace, and then Iran declaring victory. How about the Iotola Koemaine declared victory over America. And if that's a victory in Iran. Hell, I don't want to see a defeat. They thought they won. So now this second or third in command. There's rumors tonight out of Tehran, Iran that the Iolla Kominee, who took over in nineteen eighty nine after the original Koemane died after ten years, that there's a council of leaders who have decided to take over Tehran, Iran, and one of their first act is to issue a fatwall in order to kill Donald Trump, which or capture they think they can capture Donald Trump, to crucify him on a hill somewhere in Tehran, Iran, and or decapitate him and or dismember him. That's what they want to do to Donald Trump. Good luck with that one. In fact, you know that the Trumpster said this. He's given orders to JD vance my friend and yours as to what to do if Iranians assassinate Donald Trump. And if they thought they won the war against Israel in America last week, imagine what happens if they would lose a war that would not be good. Iran had octav had octopuses all over the place, and Teyran they had the hesbala hamas they had Boca Aram. They had other tentacles all over the Middle East, and they're all gone. The only one left is Iran. Could Iran and the next three to five years reconstitute another nuclear program? Yes, well, before that happened, what do you think do you think maybe that would be bombed again by the Israelis and by the Americans. Absolutely, And you might know that about thirty percent of those living in Israel is Israeli citizens are Muslims, and they're very proud living in Israel because it's peaceful. It makes sense. So let's continue with more and calls all over the nation coming up, and if line becomes available, of course eight sixty six six four seven seven three three seven. I guess one question must be raised. If the mayor's position goes to mom Donnie in November, would that be the moment in which normal Americans will say, let all the cities die. They're gone, make no sense, wasted money. God helps those who help themselves. We get the government we deserve. And the voters in New York pick and into fada, supporting socialist communists to be the leader of their city. Maybe Donald Trump should simply say you know what you voted for him. Live with it, Hearn Bass, Brandon Johnson, Live with it, it's your city. Live with it until the voters hold them accountable. Live with it. Let's continue with your calls. Next. Bill Cunningham with you every Sunday.
Speaker 2: Night, Willie Brock You by Choice Hotels, Acono Lodge and Roadway In Hotels are serving up double points for every qualifying stay book at Choice.
Speaker 3: Hotels dot com.
Speaker 2: Now here's the man who's been recognized as radio's best, the recipient of not one but two prestigious Marconi Awards for his broadcast excellence, the one and only Bill.
Speaker 4: Cunningham, Billy Cunningham, the Great America. And I had a brief conversation off the air with Nate Shelman, who's the program director and afternoon host on kb O I Boise, Idaho. And he's going to give us the latest right now. And Nate Shelman, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham. Shawn. I've been a guest on your program on your the afternoon host on KBOI Boise, Idaho. What's happening with the shooting is we speak right now in Idaho?
Speaker 12: Well, we just got a communication from the Kotney County Sheriff's Department saying that members of the swap team have located a deceased mail on Canfield Mountain. That's the ment that's the mountain right next to Cordelaine, the area that was caught on fire. Firefighters were responding to a brushfire around twenty after one Pacific time. When the firefighters showed up, that's when they encountered that's when they encountered gunfire. There was a deceased mail with a firearm found, and there's going to be more information. They're going to schedule a press conference here in about an hour and a half. But right now, the shelter in place that Cootney County had is being lifted. But there is still a wildfire and there wasn't anything they could do about that wildfire while they were currently taking gunshots. So now they're going to start tending to that wildfire. But right now residents are supposed to be prepared. But as far as the shelter in place, that's been lifted. So don't want to go ahead and say they got the guide because we don't have that confirmed. But that's the latest.
Speaker 4: So Nate Shelman. As far as whether it was self inflicted or police fired and killed the perpetrator is unknown at this point. And it was a brush fire. Is there any indication that this murderer who seemingly killed two firefighters started the brush fire, delure the police and fire there to shoot.
Speaker 8: Them makes sense that could be.
Speaker 12: As far as whether or not that's confirmed is yet to be actually confirmed. And just to point out that there's also a third firefighter that's currently in surgery right now. Other law enforcement that responded, and this was to reference a callege before. This was an all hands on deck moment for every single law enforcement group in the area, whether it was local, county, national, FBI responded, SWAT team responded, share local police, everybody responded. So this this was this was not the most fun Sunday for Quarterlane.
Speaker 4: As far as corterline, can you describe the socioeconomic conditions of Quarterlane? Is it a is in an area where there's lots of wildfires that take place as an upscale community. Can you give us a little social history.
Speaker 12: Of that, you know what, like anything else you've heard of Northern Idaho before, as far as as far as that goes, But just like everywhere else. It's got its good areas and it's bad areas. There's there are some very very very rich homes, uh you know, not Hyde Park rich, but you know rich homes in the Cordlaine area. But there's a lot of mansions up there, especially by Lake Quardlaine. But there's also all sorts, all kinds of people in every economic factor. As far as the history of wildfires, this is the season, so we don't know. I mean again, I don't want to believe in coincidences that a brush fire broke out on the same day as a as a shooting in the in the wildlife wild wilderness area. But this is the season for wildfires all over the West.
Speaker 4: I would imagine, unlike the urban areas, if you're in northern Idaho, the idea of two firefighters being assassinated for political or other that's somewhat unusual doesn't happen.
Speaker 12: Very very unusual. Boise, Idaho, where I'm at is six seven depending on who's driving. Hours south of Cordlaine. Couardlaine is closer to Canada and Spokenne Washington than it is than it is to us. But as far as the state goes in, it's it's all estate bill. It would be it would be like me having you on to talk about a crime happening in Cleveland, Ohio. But when it comes to when when it comes to reporting on Idaho, you know, the population isn't that big here, all right, There's a lot of land and not many people.
Speaker 4: And as far as Boise, Idaho, that's the major metropolitan area. But this is well south of the Quarterlane in that particular county, And you're reporting tonight that seemingly the crisis is over. Is that what you're hearing?
Speaker 12: We hope again, just trying to not jump too far ahead. Uh But I but I think you're I think you're feeling the same thing I'm feeling. I'm here at work right now. You've been talking about it. News has been talking about it. We're waiting for an official press conference from the sheriff's department. He gave a press conference earlier, about three hours ago, and during that press conference, he reported that he was still undertaking gunshots at that time, that law enforcement, that they were in a firefight with law enforcement. And I don't know if it's one or more people. We don't know that either. So We look to have a lot more answers later tonight.
Speaker 4: So an hour and a half or two hours I might learn more. And I look upon the sacrifices of firefighters, whether you're in Cortlin, Idaho, or Cincinnati or Los Angeles. It's a sacrifice to go out there and make sixty seventy thousand bucks a year and to know that you're putting your life at risk. One of the risks they take is not to be assassinated while called to a scene of a fire. That's not a risk a firefighter needs to take. And this is particularly I don't want to act as oh good, it's over. There's going to be some terrible funerals to take place. Looking to my left on CNN, there's American flags flying everywhere as firefighters in their equipment to roll down small streets. People are out in mass to thank them for what they've done. And we can't do enough those kinds of people. But once again, we'll continue to follow this and I'll be in touch. Nate Shellman, program Director, afternoon host k b Oi Boise, Idaho, thanks for coming on The Bill Cunningham Show tonight, and Nate, good luck and may this thing be concluded. But Nate Sherman, thank you very much. God bless you, Bill, God bless America. Let's continue with more. Well, there you have it, live and appears the thing may be over except for the funeral of those who sacrifice their lives for our safety. Let's continue with more. Go to Sandy in California. Sandy in California, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Sandy, how are you.
Speaker 13: I'm very fine, Thank you, and thank you for taking my call. It's not easy getting into your program, but that's because you're so popular.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 13: Anyway, I wanted to comment on the government run grocery stores that this guy in New York City has to be doing if they've happened, and I dearly hope that the Lord will take a hand and not let it happen. But should it happen, people are going to find out that when they go into the grocery stores, the shelves are going to look like Cuba because the government, if their government, local government, takes over the grocery stores, they're going to tell the grocery owners what they can order and what they can't order. And all I can see is Cuba. Two point zero.
Speaker 4: I see it as complete collapse. It is running a grocery stores like running a restaurant, very difficult. The margins are very slight 'n liking a restaurant which doesn't have a lot of theft going on by customers. In a grocery store or many other retail establishments, the threats are are the The thefts are massive. There's people walking out with stuff all the time. And to have a government run grocery store, nobody's going to pay for anything. It's going to be an unmitigated disaster. And he wants to put up one hundred free grocery stores. I mean, this is somebody in the sky stuff.
Speaker 13: I hope that Curtis Leewall gets in, uh somehow, And I do believe that the hand of God may take a hand in this, but I hope that he is able to overcome this person. I don't kind of pronounce his last name. I mean, we don't care, honestly, Mom Donnie, but Dani seems to me he may be a messenger from Satan. But that's only my opinion. So I really think that if Curtis Lee can get in, yeah, it's going to help New York City just tremendously.
Speaker 4: I'd be shocked if a Republican would win New York City, I'd be shocked. I know Curtis Sliwa, He's been on my show quite often. I've been on his show. He was attempted assassination by the mob in New York City, the guys in native He's wonderful and the city would be great to have him there. He could clean up the city in two to four years. But with Zoran Mamdani in charge, is going to be worse than under the worst days of David Dinkins. But we got Sandy. I've got to run. Good luck to you and thanks for calling you to night. Thank you, thank you so much, God bless you. Let's continue with more the line becomes available eight six six six four seven seven three three seven. Once again, it appears the situation cordelein Idaho has been concluded. And once again I want to thank Nate Shelman, p D Afternoon host of KBOI Boise for filling us in in an hour and a half for two hours and might be on the news conference. We'll see what occurs. So let's continue with more. If a line becomes available eight sixty six six four seven, seven three three seven. Bill Cunningham, the Great American with you every Sunday night. I wanted to get more information about the report that we had out of Idaho that the murderer seemingly has not been captured, or shall we say, he's been neutralized with a bullet to the head, and whether or not it was inflicted, self inflicted or by the police were not sure. But once again I want to thank Nate Shelman, PD Afternoon host on KBOI Boise for giving us the information that a man was found at the site where the shots originated, dead with a firearm found near his body. So, as the sheriff said about three or four hours ago, if we get a free shot at him, we're going to take it to neutralize the threat. It's fair to say the threat has now been neutralized. Shall we Let's continue with your calls, and let's continue now with it. Greg and Michigan, the Home of the Wolverines. Greg and Michigan, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Greg, how are you whoa Bill?
Speaker 7: Thanks for taking my call, mister positive boomshuck Olaca. I got to ask you. I appreciate you taking my call. Do me a favor, Chris Cuomo. Just try to be friends with him. He likes you, I think, and just be nice and I think it'll work out. But here's the thing I got to ask you. There is so much extremism in America. What can Donald Trump do to offset this extremism with the violence that's happening? And you know, and it's not necessarily the radicalization of the you know, Islams and stuff. It's it's Americans doing this violent stuff. Where do you think Bill agree?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 4: The murder rate and this will come out. I think in about two weeks that there's fewer murders conducted in America today than in the past fifteen years, in any six month period. Secondly, the fentanyl deaths caused by the Mexican drug cartel through the southern border is almost non existent today. In fact, the Washington Post ran a story about two weeks ago they were confused as to why there's so little reporting today of fentanyl overdoses. And it's not happening, and so in a sense, if it bleeds, it leads. If you watch the news media, you would think we're at each other's throats in reality. It appears there's less crime committed in most areas of the country, and it's happened in a long time. And it's because of the gang bangers and the Colombians and the Venezuelans and the Haitian gangs are being dispatched. And so that's a positive. And I have a guest coming up later, Scott Pals is going to talk about a return to God, to return to religion. On many college campuses. There's large Catholic clubs and other Christian and Jewish organizations that the anti Semitism in New York City is being identified and marginalized. I'm a little more optimistic today than I would have been. Can you imagine, Greg, if Kamala Harris was the president for the last six months, what would America look like?
Speaker 7: Oh? My god, your spot on my friend? Oh hey, oh Billy Billy, Bill, think about that. Hey, yes, thanks for taking my call. Mister positive wants everybody to go for their dreams. Thanks Bill, God blessed her.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Let's continue now with is it Rebin, Colorado, Reb and Colorado? Welcome to the Bill Cunninghamshore Reb. How are you so I.
Speaker 14: Could be better? Because today was the world's largest pride. They call it Pride for my social workers. That's the Veterans administration. So now you have to call them queers. And they put out half a million this whole weekend between the governor's state capital and the city of Denver. Mayor's City of Denver building half a million all weekend. And what about Levivick is twenty thirteen. That's allegal with me and my buddy's pub them Scout and we got it. We can't have this a revolt against God.
Speaker 5: On top of all the other revolts.
Speaker 4: By the look this way, when I see big city mayors marching in bath political causes, they're always from the political left. There's all kind of parades, et cetera about anti abortion, right to life. In January, there's a big parade in Washington, d C. After the Dobbs decision. I liked the idea living in a multicultural, multi dimensional city state in which individuals would different viewpoints can do what they want to do. And I don't care much for many of those issues, but many Americans do. I largely ignore it. You get a proper permit, your march around, do what you're going to do. Now, if they're wrong morally, there's a God up above that's going to correct this. But as a practicing Roman Catholic, I would like to think that my belief system and my views of this world, and I have this fantastic platform every Sunday night and Monday through Friday in the Midwest afternoon twelve to three, well, I'll express myself in ways. And so I want nobody to say you can't have a pride parade. I don't want somebody to say you can't have a right to life parade. I don't want anybody to say you can't have a parade and support the Second Amendment. I want no one to say you can't have a parade and support of family values. I don't want anybody to say you can't have a parade in which the American flag has flown. I want to live in a society where all these viewpoints are expressed and that you, reb as a great American in Colorado, can pick and choose which to participate with an end in which not to. It's not my cup of tea, and I'm not offended by it. I simply ignore it and let individuals live their life. There are many if the left completely takes over, which is what Mom, Donnie and others would like that my Christian Catholic viewpoints would not be allowed to be expressed. Thank god we have the First Amendment. Europe does not. And in Europe, for example, in London, there was a woman who was silently praying the rosary on a public sidewalk in front of an abortion clinic. She wasn't bothering anyone, she wasn't keeping anyone from going in to get an abortion, killing the unborn baby. You know, the when you get when you get a when you have a baby and you have a gender reveal party, it's either a pink or blue normally, in which case you acknowledge that as a child, a sonogram shows you it's a living, beating heart in brain activity. And this woman in London was silently praying the rosary, obstructing no one, not even opening her mouth, and she was arrested by London police for that. I don't want that anything close to that to come to America. All of us have individual freedoms to express ourselves. That's why I like being a great American. I LL's continue with more, and once again I want to thank the program director of KBOI and Idaho for calling in with the live update that seemingly the shooter of those two firefighters, that suicidal homicidal assassin is dead. There's a gun found next to his body. It is uncertain at this point whether or not it was caused by police activity or self inflicted. But I want to thank Nate Shelman, PD of KBOI Boise fulfilling us in what's happening live in Idaho. Coming up next is going to be Scott Powell. Later on is Wayne Allen Root, the Great Wayne Allen Root. If a line becomes available eight sixty six six four seven seven three three seven, And may God have mercy on the soul with that murderer of firefighters. I think the people of Idaho will not and may this fire photos firefighters family at some point. Fine piece Bill Cunning Into Great American with you every Sunday Night by Billy Cunning Into Great America. Of course, Scott Powell number one book out has.
Speaker 15: Prediscovering America, has been a baron's financial New York Post, should All to Go Tribune, written many books, a total of three another one coming out, and he's also often at the Discovery Institute and or town hall dot com and also rearclearpolitics dot com.
Speaker 4: Scott Powell is everywhere. Scott Powell, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. Before we talk about ending the Deep States in version matrix, what does this say about the nation's largest city, New York City, when it selects as their democratic nominee zo Ron Mamdani also known as yes here, in order to bring about some sort of socialist democratic, communist approach to the nation's largest city. And also he said this morning in one of the talk shows, he did not repudiate the phrase global into fada, into fada, which should be conducted all over the world. So we may elect the mayor of America's largest not we, but New York City Empire state residents may elect the mayor who believes in a global into fada, which in today's world is from the river to the sea. Killed Jews and get those seventy two versions ready in heaven if you die as part of the Jihad, and this guy might be the mayor of New York City for God's sakes.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's pretty unbelievable. But in this in the times in which we live, nothing is surprising. I mean you first of all have to factor in the vote fraud that got him over the top as the nominee. But then he has to face you know, he has to face the opposition in a real in an election, which will still be faced with vote fraud. But I rather think that the current mayor who moves to the middle is probably going to win.
Speaker 4: You would think, unless unless my friend Curtis Sliwa, he's normal, runs as a Republican, and then maybe Adams and Slave will split the vote and then ma'am Donne's gonna win.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that would be bad.
Speaker 10: So I hope that these people have got enough sense not to allow that to happen. I mean, sometimes you have to, you have to bow out of a situation for the greater good. So this Republican candidate, I don't think he has a prayer. He got to bow out.
Speaker 4: Well, see, it ought to be Mono Imano Man de Man, somebody against Zron who became a citizen like five years ago, born in Uganda, who he's self described as socialist, a democratic socialist who believes in no prisons, no bail, defund the police, no possession of weapons, thirty dollars an hour or more. Everything's free, bus ride, subway, etc. It's all free. Someone else pays for it. Let's talk about your column ending the Deep States in version matrix, and it was published on the American Thinker about a week ago. Explain the essence of what this column says.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, I point out to people that most everyone has heard experienced the transposition of good and evil, truth and falsehood. And the best known description is really out of the book of the prophet Isaiah, who in chapter five, verse twenty said, woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, Who get who put.
Speaker 1: Bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Speaker 10: We've all heard that there's this inversion of truth and falsehood and good and evil. Well, it turns out that this is a phenomenon that happens in the last days more than any other time. And we're certainly we're certainly living through a period where I think all of us are aware that things are moving very quickly now in God's providence. But I'm a believer that there'll be a spiritual awakening, and I think that it has to get very dark for people to wake up. And I think that people are waking up. I think the nation is going to wake up more and more as time passes. And so this inversion, I think is going to be reversed because you know, people want to be successful, they want to have meaning in their life, they want to be happy, and when you invert good and evil, truth and falsehood, you cannot be happy, you cannot be successful. I think people are going to there's going to be an awakening, you know. I think it's going to be a spiritual revival. But I think it's a revival of you know, a lah Donald Trump, a revival of common sense.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 10: So I think there's reason for optimism. But I think it's important for people to understand that when you drive God out of the culture, you create a bit of a vacuum, and that vacuum spiritually is filled oftentimes by really dark and evil spirits. And so I think we are going through a period where we've driven God out of our culture, and the inexplicable craziness that we see throughout our country is partially a result of a dark spiritual influence that has become more pervasive as we've driven God out of the country and Scott Power.
Speaker 4: One of the most powerful statements you made in this column was this, the inversion matrix invariably creates a two tiered system of compassion. Certain groups can gather in public in the name of religion. Others are arrested, fine or even jailed for thought crime and praying silently. Crimes by one group are explained the way is trauma, misunderstanding or cultural norms. But crimes committed by others in other groups trigger outrage, riots, national headlines, penalties and cancelation put more meat on those bones.
Speaker 10: Well, we've all seen it and all wondered why the heck do we give a pass to the radical Muslims. I mean, it seems as though they don't get arrested. They don't, you know, they can do no wrong. But you know Christians who would be you know, praying outside an abortion clinic are subject to being arrested right for exercising their constitutional right. So how do we explain all this? It's a tough one. And I think that, as I point out in the article and have said many times, that when you can't explain things, you have to look for a deeper reason. And I think that there is a spiritual inversion. I call it the inversion matrix. And so what what what is good? Good has become evil, Evil has become good, Truth has become falsehood, falsehood has become truth, and so it goes. But I think we're nearing a point where we're going to see a real turn.
Speaker 1: You know, we we certainly got.
Speaker 10: A big turn in the election of Donald Trump, but we really need, we really need a spiritual revival because as we have a spiritual revival, that affects the culture, and of course the culture affects everything else, including politics.
Speaker 1: Politics is really downstream of a culture.
Speaker 10: Right right, So what's going on in New York is an aberration, uh, but it's it's something we have to pass that that we can understand. And I do think that I do not see the New Yorker going for this crazy radical Democrat mayor candidate.
Speaker 4: What if they do? What if they do? I mean, I agree with you, it ought to be one on one someone either Curtis Sliwa, who's a friend of mine that I love Curtis Sliwa, I love that guy. He's a Republican. Can a Republican to be elected mayor of New York City? I don't think so. The last time that happened was thirty some years ago with Rudolph Giuliani and then Bloomberg. But what happens? What does to say, do you hift like an alcoholic? Do you have hit rock bottom? If Ma'm Donnie wins the mayor and implements these policies and there's a flight out of New York City of those that are being productive, moral individuals leave, I can't take it in him. I've seen the videos out of Los Angeles and with skid Row is overtaken block after block, mile after mile of the city of Los Angeles where fornication, defecation, urination, drug use, urinating in the street, open air drug markets, prostitution on demand is happening all over the city of Sugar, Chicago and Los Angeles, especially La. And I'm thinking, okay, as has La hit rock bottom with Karen Bass or has Brandon Johnson Sugar? Is that rock bottom? I look at New York City that's terrible. Is that rock bottom? And then if yes, here Mam Donnie gets elected and you say, oh, it's not going to happen, Scott Powell, what if it does?
Speaker 1: Well, if it does, then I think it'll be rock bottom for the New Yorkers. It really will.
Speaker 10: And and and it is true that oftentimes you have to hit rock bottom before you turn things around.
Speaker 1: People have to people have to be so.
Speaker 10: You know, discouraged, if you will on you know, beyond any prior period in their memory.
Speaker 1: They they say, you.
Speaker 10: Know, we've got we can't, we can't go down this road any further, we can't continue this way. And at that point, and of course there can be a real turning. And sometimes it's one hundred and eighty degree That's that's what an inversion is. It's turning something on its head. Its one hundred and eighty degree flip. So I think this inversion matrix that we're living through can flip the other way.
Speaker 1: I had you on it forward to it.
Speaker 4: I dge on a couple months ago, and you wrote a column about Trump's placing national security above judicial activism. Now on Friday, you talk about always the cup half full, that there's hit rock bottom. You have seven hundred federal district court judges conducting American foreign policy from the bench, which is illegal, it's unconstitutional, it's not right. In the Supreme Court on Friday, in a six to three decision in which Amy Cony Barritt just smite it down Justice Jackson and other saying that we can't do this, it's wrong, and she went line by line to make a fool of Justice Jackson. Was that an example where the where the Trump administrative policies that we voted for. That's what we wanted, and he implemented the policies that we voted for. In a democratic republican form of government, we voted for that. And you wrote a column a couple months ago that judicial activism is hurting the country and then on Friday, guess what the Supreme Court said they can't do That? Is that a positive sign?
Speaker 1: It sure is absolutely that we're going to see more.
Speaker 4: I hope, because you know, right now I look at I don't know if a great country can survive without magnificent cities. We had opulent, gorgeous, functioning American cities for a long time. But now Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, the Triumphate have fallen completely on their collective faces, and it looks like the voters themselves are going to keep going in that direction. Karen Bass I don't know if she can be re elected she's a blind, dumbie, fuddled fool. Brandon Johnson in Chicago as a twelve percent approval factor and now ma'm donnie is the Democratic nominee. But Kene country be great when every large American city in that nation looks like skid Row in La No, it cannot be great.
Speaker 10: And and that's why I think part of uh, you know, making America great again is going to be the transformation of American cities. But it's it's it's got to come from the people, bottoms up, if you will. And I think that I think.
Speaker 1: People are are.
Speaker 10: I have about had it with defunding the police and and the breakdown of law and order.
Speaker 1: I mean that's it's.
Speaker 10: The essential role of government to provide for the welfare of the people, and that that includes law enforcement and includes you know, quelling unrest and so forth. So I think that it's it's hard to see it right now, but boy, things can. Things can flip quickly once once there's momentum, and I think were very close to a turning point.
Speaker 4: Scott Powell many many years ago, in fact, this century and a half ago. The Democratic Party in the seventeen and eighteen hundreds, early nineteen hundreds rejected. Washington rejected the federal control of its cities. That's why they declared freedom. They declared independence from America. The Civil War, the Democratic Party said, we're not going to follow federal law. Whig nor federal law. Having lost the Civil War in eighteen seventy six, Rutherford B. Hayes took over the presidency in a disputed election with a guy named Tilden, on condition that he get all the federal troops out of the South. The Democrats demanded that the federal troops leave the South, what about twelve years after the Civil War ended, so the Democrats could impose upon blacks ku klux Klan, lynchings, rape of black women, etc. And they were successful in doing that. The Democrats said in the South were not going to follow what Washington tells us to do. We're not part of the federal system. We're going to do what we want to do. We Democrats are going to ignore federal law. And then the ku Klux Klan, the lynchings, Woodrow Wilson keeping blocks out of the military. That went on and on and on, and here we are one hundred and I don't know about one hundred and fifty years after that Civil War conducted a selfred I'm sorry, one hundred and sixty seven years and now the Democratic Party is telling us again all over the nation, we will not follow federal law. We will ignore what the government tells us to do. And we're sanctuary city, sanctuary states, and we're not going to follow federal law. The Democratic Party of the Civil War and the ku Klux Klan now controls all the major American cities, and they're once again saying we ignore federal law. How long can that go on?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 10: I think I think it's stays are numbered. I really do, I really do. Of course, this has been in the works for a long time. I wrote a book in the nineteen eighties called Covert Cadre, and in that book I described that the left strategy was going to turn to state and local politics, and that's exactly what we've seen happen. And they know that if they can control the big cities, they could arguably control the country, and they're very close to that now. But I do think that, you know, with with Trump being in the White House being the commander in chief, I think I think the momentum is going to be towards law and order.
Speaker 8: I hope we do.
Speaker 1: I hope, I do, I do, I do.
Speaker 4: I have hope because the Olympics are coming, the World Cup is coming, and they're going to see a city of Los Angeles destroyed by the policies of the Democratic Party and they're ignoring federal law when it comes to even this morning, in one of the talk shows, Yes here, Mom, Donnie talked about he's going to pet the NYPD, gonna fight Ice. How does the NYPD fight ice? How does that look? He's going to demand the federal law not be applied in New York City, much like George Wallace said federal law will not be applied in Selma, Alabama, or Orville fob As, the governor of Arkansas, stood in the doorway and said, guess what. Black kids aren't going to be educated. The Democrats of the South are another Democrats in the major cities. But Scott Powell, we got to run up against the clock. But I love your stuff and you may go to Scott Powell Discovery Institute. All your columns are up there. And once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, and Scott Powell, you're a great American. Thank you very much. Well, Bill, you're the great American. Thank you, God bless you. Let's continue with more. The Democratic Party that plunged America into the Civil War refused to follow federal law. It's the same Democratic Party today that says we're going to ignore federal law. When it comes to sanctuary city, sanctuary states, federal law doesn't apply. And when the next mayor of New York, this Mom Donnie character, who may be deported back Uganda, according to went On, the route is saying he's going to pit the NYPD against Ice. What the hell does that look like? Bill Cunningham with you every Sunday night, guy, Billy Cunningham, the Great America. Let's continue, of course, way on the Root is next Root for America. Dot COM's got to call him up about deporting the Democratic nominee for New York City mayor, Mom Donnie back to uh Uganda. I'm not sure that's real popular right now, but went On and Root's got his ideas on doing that and more. But Scott Powell brings up the and I certainly believe it that isn't as America right now in great decline, when our largest city would select someone like yes here, Mom, Donnie to be their mayor who talks about freebies and talks about uh defunding the police and talks about confiscating all the guns, all the weapons, and talks about socialism and also government controlled rents and also government controlled grocery stores. We would look like Havana, Cuba and Bautista in the late nineteen fifties. Had it somewhat functional after the last sixty years under Fidel and Raoul Castro and his brother, it's in complete collapse. Give New York City of a decade or two under the philosophies of Mamdani, and New York City would look like Havana, Cuba. Let's continue with more coming up next to the Great Wayne Allen Root, Wayne Allen Root Root for America, Great Americans, got some great columns up at Rootfamerica dot com, including what's happening with the Intifada declared by the next Mayor of New York City. The line becomes available eight sixty six, six four seven, seven, three three seven. Bill Cunningham, the Great American with you every Sunday night.
Speaker 16: Willie brough you by choice Hotels, Econo Lodge, and roadway in hotels are serving up double points for every qualifying stay book at Choice.
Speaker 3: Hotels dot com.
Speaker 2: Now here's the man who's been recognized gives radio's best. The recipient had not won but two prestigious Marconi Awards for his is Broadcast Excellence, The One and Only Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 4: By Billy Cunningham, the Grand American. Of course, we have difficulties all over the country, and of course we might have the mayor in New York City, I call him, yes here, Mom, Donnie, who believes in no prisons, to fund the police, get rid of all the guns, eliminate the guns, thirty dollars an hour or more. Plus got the issue that Iran, I guess the second or third in command has issued a fat wall and again trying to saying that Benjamin Menchin, Yahoo and Trump must be killed. And then if you kill either one of those two, you get through seventy two virgins immediately in heaven. Plus what happens to NYC? One might ask the question, when Alan Root, what major American cities in worst shape is a Los Angeles, Chicago or New York?
Speaker 8: Well it will be New York if this mem Donnie wins but right now it would probably be Los Angeles because I, you know, I live in Las Vegas, Bill, and I got so many friends who go back and forth. They lived in LA, and they all made the decision to buy a home here and move their families here. But their businesses are still in LA, or their law firms, their medical practices are still LA. So they commute back and forth. And they tell me, Bill, you wouldn't believe the stories they tell me. Your air would raise how bad LA is that. No one can drive a nice car anymore. You keep it in your garage, and you drive junkers to dinner because you know there's a good chance they'll follow you for the restaurant if it's a nice restaurant, and they'll try and carjack you at your house if you have a nice car, or every time you stop in a red light. They're not going to car jack if you have a junker, but if you're driving one hundred thousand dollars car, they may kill you for the car. So nobody wears their jewel anymore. No one drives nice cars. People who are very rich and live in place like bell Air, where buddies of mine say their wives go to their yoga or their pilates, and there's a naked man standing there when he's junk hanging out, just salivating, looking in the window watching the women work out. It's become the wild West. It's mad Max La. So right now it's la. But if this Mamdani is to win, or was to win, I would say that New York City then wins. The award. Is the worst place in America as the new gaza, the new Third World crap hole, the new no go zones like they have in Europe for Muslim neighborhoods. That's gonna be in New York City. It's a disaster.
Speaker 4: And you were born in fact, you were born there. You went to Columbia University when it was functional. I spent five year in New York City on my TV show. It was during the heyday of Michael Bloomberg. Damn good Mayor. We had Giuliani for eight years, then Bloomberg and then the Vlasio ruined that for eight years. Adams has done no better and now is going to go right down the crapper described in New York City you grew up in. When you were saying the nineteen seventies and eighties and nineties was terrible with Dinkins, but then things got so much better. So people say it can't get any worse. Guess what it can.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it could get better in second I mean just like America. I mean, does anyone not see how much worse America got under Joe Biden? Does anyone not see how quickly I mean, Trump's only been in five months. He's a miracle worker. I remember Reagan, and it took Reagan two years to turn around America. Under Jimmy Carter, the economy was a mess for two years and terrible for two years, and then Reagan created the greatest economy of our lifetimes. Well, Trump has really turned things around. It's not perfect yet, there's still plenty of problems, but he's come a long way. I mean, this was one of the greatest weeks in the history of the presidency, in the history of Trump and in the history of Conservatism, and maga, what a great week. Everything's going our way. So Trump has turned things around in only five months. So you could do that in the city too, and that's what Juliani did. I still remember, like it was yesterday, how bad New York City was when I went to columb University in the seventies and early eighties, and then I remember how fantastic you got under Giuliani because Julianni said, if you spit on the street, if you pick up a hooker, if you do a minor drug like marijuana, if you're drunk in the streets, we're gonna throw you in jail. Little crimes. I forgot he had a word for it. But little crimes eventually equal big crimes. She got to nip in the bud when they're doing the little crimes. And when he did that, it just changed everything, and pretty soon the city was the safest big city in America. We went from the worst to the best. And now we've gotten, you know, because of the Blasio, to the worst, and now we're going to new depths. With this Mamdamie, it would be even worse. So it's just a tragedy. I told you, I'm going to write a column tomorrow about the idea that I think we can deport Mamdaldie before he ever gets elected. He should be deported. I'm not kidding, But very few people understand he was not born in the United States. He was born in Uganda and he became an American citizen. I got to look it up again, but I think it was twenty nineteen, so fairly recently became an American citizen.
Speaker 3: And if you.
Speaker 8: Lie in the citizenship well, you know, the citizenship meeting, if you lie to the questions they've asked you, I believe it can be undone and this could be reversed and he could be deported. And I'm telling you, this guy who stands for global infantata, which means Muslim domination of the world in Sharia law and the end of Israel, and I assume the end of America too. Muslim domination all over the world. That's what he believes in. Refused to renounce it. Today. He believes in taxing white people more than black people. That's you know, KKK, that's racism. What if I said I would like taxes to be lowered on white people and raised on black people. I mean, can you imagine even saying that. It's so ridiculous. So this guy's a racist, This guy's an extremist, this guy's a Jew hater and anti semi. This guy is like a Nazi with global infantata. So I think you can go back and look at the questions he answered in a citizenship application in a citizenship interview. You got to go back and undo a citizenship and support this guy out of the United States because he is literally a domestic terrorist. Matter of fact, that's too good a terear for him. He's a foreign terrorist who's portraying himself as a domestic terrorist. And if he gets elected, you've got a foreign terrorist running the city of New York who hates white people and hates Jews. It's too much to coup.
Speaker 4: Rhen And you point out that he only became a citizen about five years ago. I think for political purposes, so he could vote for himself for the Assembly and then to become the mayor. It's been his goal. And I can only imagine if my friend Curtis Sliwa and Eric Adams are going to split the votes of normal people. Guess what, Yes, sir, mom, Donnie is likely to win. And then he said this morning in one of the morning talk shows that he's going to implement the policies he's proposing as much as he can, including pitting the NYPD against ICE. He said they will fight Ice. What does it mean if NYPD fights ice. What does that look like?
Speaker 8: Well you almost want to laugh because it's also ridiculous, except you know, this is what Jewish relatives I assume, or Jewish ancestors I should say of mine. You know, seventy years ago probably said about Hitler, and they made the big mistake of not believing it's true. When someone says they hate you and they're gonna do something bad to you, you got to believe them, and you got to trust it could happen. And here's the other thing, Bill, What you know, people say things in private, in the locker room, or you know, two friends having dinner whispering, or in the bedroom with your wife. You whisper things, but if you shay it out loud, can you imagine how bad the whispers are? So, you know, even when someone says I don't believe in global infantata, I don't hate Jews, I don't want to murder every Jew in Israel or every Jew in New York City, that doesn't mean it's true. They may whisper those things to their wife, but if they say it out loud, can you imagine how bad the whispers are? So this is a really bad guy, But I'm going to tell you why. I think it's a win win. It's a win win because, first well, I think someone's going to find a way to get someone out of the race, whether it be whether it be you know, the mayor Adams, or whether it be Curtis Leewall, you know, whether Trump has to offer them a major role in his administration. Someone's going to clear the way for one normal person to be in the race. And then I think there's a good chance that you can get them elected because I think most decent people be shocked when we really exposed with this guy Memdami believes in. So I think we could still win this thing. Number one, even New York I don't think is that far gone yet. And number two, what's the other win if he wins. I think if he wins, it could be really good for America. It'll be really bad for New York. But you know, when Wall Street moves out and every business owner moves out, every Jew moves out, and there's nobody left in York City becomes mad Max because there's no one to pay the bill for welfare or illegal alien housing or anything else of that matter. Schools, police, fire teachers. New York City will collapse, and the whole world will get a front row view of what can happen if you allow people that are ge hottest extremist Muslim, radical, nut job and communists to run a major American city or god forbid, a country. You know, Kamala Harris wasn't far removed from this guy. I don't think Obama was far removed from this guy. And when you see what damage this guy can do in New York City, I think every normal person in America will get so scared that Republicans will win the midterms and the Republicans will win big in twenty twenty eight for president. So it's kind of a win win. If we win and we beat this guy, then the whole country's Republican, the President, the House, the Senate, the Supreme Court, and even the mayor of New York City, for God's sakes. And if we lose, it's still a very republican country and we control everything except this one no go zone. Call New York City and watch what this guy does, and he'll be the example that convinces everyone to run away to the Democrat Party.
Speaker 4: You think about the great opulent to make majestic American cities like Chicago, Atlanta, Memphis, La, San Francisco, New York City, Washington, DC. Is the city looked at those magnificent cities and the Democratic Party the last thirty to seventy years have destroyed everyone and no circumstance in any American city have these socialist policies worked. In fact, they've just shown the opposite. If the media did it shob and covered the failures of these big city mayors like Bass and Johnson and Adams and now Mamdanni, maybe they're still electable, but I doubt it. And so at some point a great country exists when all their cities are third World excrement holes. Can we be a great nation when our great cities are in collapse?
Speaker 8: Well, look, I try and look at things. Lass. You have to look at the bright side of things. And I don't believe, you know, I don't want to believe there's going to be a civil war in this country. But I've seen all the polls which show I think at this point, I think it's seventy million Americans believe a civil war is likely in the next five to ten years, and I think there's like another eighty million who say it somewhat likely. So there's over one hundred million who are starting to think about civil war. I don't think you could live with these people anymore. I've said this for a long time. You know, you can live with the old school Democrats who do I want to name, like Muskie Humphrey, even mcgoverned, they were still McGovern flew a bomber during World War Two. They were still heroes to some extent military veterans, even though they were liberal and didn't believe the same things as you and me. But you can't live with these people. And I don't mean Muslims, I don't mean blacks. These people. I don't want anyone misquoting me. I mean Democrats. Today's democrat are extreme, radical communists who hate our country and hate Israel and hate Jews. And if you hate Jews, next up as Christians. So don't think you're getting a pass either. Christians are gone next. So these are really radical, bad people. So the good side of me, you know, the glasses half full. I don't want to believe is ever gonna be a civil war. We're gonna be killing each other in the streets. Although I think the left would like to kill us in the streets. But I do believe, and I've said this on your show, that we're headed for some sort of a kind of a divorce of America, you know, the Great American Divorce, and you're gonna have like a red States of America and blue states of America. And that way, we don't have to kill each other. Let them go their way, we go our way. You know, Basically the whole Southwest is conservative, but you get rid of California, or we're gone to Washington and basically the whole middle of the country's conservative and the whole South conservative, and you get rid of the whole Northeast, and you get rid of Illinois, and basically you've got a red state of America and blue state. I think we're headed that way, you know. And by the way, the way people are moving now shows I'm right. You know. I wrote the book in two thousand and five called Millionaire Republican. I predicted a massive, massive movement in America, you know, like no one had ever seen since. Like they're early nineteen hundreds of people moving out of blue states and moving to red states like Florida and Texas and National Tennessee in Las Vegas, Nevada, and it's happening South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia. Those are the states everybody's moving to, Idaho, Montana. People are leaving California and Illinois and the whole northeast and they're getting hell out of Dodge. So I mean, it's kind of happening, whether it's going to be officially a Red States versus the Blue States, or whether it's just an unofficial Hey, all the good people are moving to the Red States. I think it's gonna be really bad for Democrats Bill because when the good people move out, there's no one left to pay the bills, and all the people with the money are starting to figure out you got to move to Texas or Florida. You know, Ohio is now a pretty Republican zeace. You can include Ohio on that list. You've got to move somewhere where the taxes are lower and the leadership is not completely insane, or the leadership is not Muslims who believe in global Infantada. Don't quote me them against Muslims. I'm against crazy, radical extreme Jihadis, Muslims who believe in global Infantada and safe from the River to the sea, which means kill every Jew in Israel. We don't want that in the United States of America. We've always been a very nice country to jeose. We don't want that in the United States. So I just think we're moving in a kind of divisive direction that would divide the country a lot more than we are now even and we'll see where it all leads. But you can't live with the people that call themself democrats. Now there's no normal Scoop Jackson isn't like that anymore. Nobody exists is still How about John F. Kennedy. John F. Kennedy would have been a Republican to day without any question at all. You know, you can't live with the people and now call themselves democrats. They're crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, i've read in conservative journalists just leave Karen Bass alone, leave Chicago alone, Let New York collapse. Why are we saving them? I've seen the video. I've not been in Los Angeles maybe twenty years. I don't want to go there. I won't go there. It looks like it looks like Bangladesh. Or go to Chicago public schools and watch what happens there. Talk about New York City with the filth, the garbage, the drug use, the urination, the fornication, the defecation all over every major American city. And you're thinking, why do we do that? And I've read that just leave them alone, in other words, just destroy yourself. We're done helping you. We've got the World Cup coming to America and major American cities that's problem. Got the Olympics coming much to Los Angeles next year the problem. And now we have Leo the fourteenth and there's that number again, fourteen Pete Rose, who's a white Sox fan. I've got Trump elect is everywhere I look. I say, magnificent, opulent American cities destroyed. And I don't think any great country has ever succeeded long term when all of its major cities are crap holes and when they're garbage dumps. I don't think we can survive. But then to help them exacerbates the difficulty. But to leave them alone might be worse. I don't know what you know.
Speaker 8: Well, like I say, I don't know which one it is either. I don't know how it's going to break down, but I know that we're headed for kind of a great American divorce, and it might be necessary. And by the way you brought up He Rose, and I know you love him. You know that I love them. I was friends with him. I don't mean I loved him like his stats. I mean I knew him personally. He lived in Las Vegas towards the end of his life the last several years, and him and I became friends who went to lunch together. My company hired him. He became a literally a spokesman for my company. We did TV ads together. I loved Pete. My wife loved him, so I tried to get him his part. It didn't work in twenty twenty because Trump was obviously a little bit preoccupied with trying to keep the presidency in late twenty twenty, and then January sixth came along and it all fell apart. But now I think I got him his pardon. I texted. I texted President Trump back at February, I told you on your show, and I said, Pete Rose should be pardoning. I think that would get him off the band list and get him in the Hall of Fame, put pressure on Major Baseball. Trump announced it, and then all of a sudden, I started tweeting Trump. The other day, I started texting and what happened to Pete Rose's pardon and the head of the pardon I won't say any names, but the head of the Pardon Department of the United States at the DOJ called me and we spoke and he said we thought it got done. We didn't even realize that the actual pardon hasn't been issued. So now they asked the lawyer in Vegas who's a friend of mine, to write up the official legal part of Pete Rose. It's happening right now. Him and I worked on it this weekend. Him and I together are actually officially handing it in next week to the President's part of the office, and hopefully we'll get it done very soon.
Speaker 4: Wayne, we have to run once again. Route for America dot Com have it up right now. It's wonderful and argument is, let the cities go on their own. They're going to destroy themselves. But after all, there's still part of America. America will not look like Los Angeles' skid row. But Wayne on the route once again. Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show and Owayne, You're a great America and have a great Fourth of July.
Speaker 8: Thank you. Root for America dot com. That's the website I Root for America and I've got a huge announcement coming out in the next week. So stay tuned to Root for America to wait for that announcement. Lots of big news coming out. Thank you, Bill, God bless.
Speaker 4: God, bless you. Let's continue with more. How about banishing yes here, Mom Donnie, send them back to Uganda? According to Wayne Allen Root, Bill Cunningham with you every Sunday Night by Billy Cunningham. Once again, It's always a pleasure to have on Wayne Ana Route the Great Wayne Allen Root. I think he's going to write a column, he said, tomorrow about deporting Mom Donnie, who might be the next mayor of New York City. We'll see all that goes. But bring up the point to him, which American city is in worse shape? Is it La? Is it San Francisco? The worst run city in America according to several surveys. Is it Chicago or is it New York? It's hard to pick. And the longer the Democrats are in charge, liberal Democrats, socialist Democrats, the worst that city becomes. And I've said time and time I'll say to you tonight that we can't be a great nation with cities and complete collapse, in which they have no go zones, without good public education, with no job creation, with skyrocketing rents and expenses, places in which law enforcement is disrespected, places in which law enforcement can be sued, in which guns can be confiscated. And now the next democratic idea is to have grocery stores paid for by the government, much like in Havana, Cuba. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 4: At some point we get the government we deserve, and we deserve better than in these major cities. Go make up. Next is a great John Watt of Crime Research dot Org. Bill Cunningham, the Great American, and all other great Americans with you and all great Americans every Sunday, Joe Cunningham, the Great Americans. So much going on, it's so little time. I would note that if the next mayor of New York City is a Johan ma'am Donnie also known as Yes Year, ma'am Donnie, that he his first order of business, he says, is gonna seize all the guns. And also he says the police should be defunded. I can't imagine that's a good thing. But a man on top of many issues relative to gun possession is of course, John Lott has spent many years in the Department of Justice under the Trump first term, also has written many books on the subject, Crime Prevents and Research. Center of Crimeresearch dot Org and John Lott, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. Before we get into your most recent column about illegal immigrant crime rates much higher than Cato Institute wants you to believe, give me your thoughts, and what happens in New York City goes even more toward the idea that private citizens cannot defend themselves and that the Democratic nominee wants to seize all guns.
Speaker 5: Oh, look, we've had places not only in the United States but around the world that have tried that type of experiment. We have obviously Washington, d c. And Chicago that banned all handguns. But what you find is that every single place in the world that's banned either all guns or all handguns that's seen murder rates go up. There's not even one place where it stayed the same. Every single time that's gone up, and often by huge amounts like three, four, even sevenfold increases after the bans have gone into effect. And you know, you think guns on that are bad. As he claims, or as other Democrats or gun control advocates claim, it should be easy to find lots of places where gun bands have been associated with drops and murder rates and violent crime. You know, even if it's just randomness, you think once or twice it would stay the same or go down, but yet every single time it's gone up. And there's a simple reason for that, and that is when you go in. And this applies to more than just bans, It applies to gun control laws generally. If you pass a law, you have to be careful that you're primarily not going to be just law abiding citizens who are going to be obeying this. You may take a few guns away from the criminals, but if you're primarily disarming lawbody good citizens, you actually make it easier for criminals to go and commit crimes.
Speaker 4: Because criminal like for example, in England, where a legal possession of firearms is prohibited excepting very limited circumstance, is if you're an elerly person living in London or on the outskirts, you know that as a criminal, when you go into that home, no one's going no one's gonna have a gun, And so you walk in and take what you want to walk out, and that's the name of that dem well.
Speaker 5: In fact, there are some amazing numbers if you want to compare England with the United States. The burglary rate in England is twice the burglary rate in the United States and about sixty percent of the time that a burglary occurs, the residents are in the home when the burglary occurs. In the United States it's about thirteen percent. And why the difference American burglars. First of all, they're more likely to do the burglary during the middle of the day when people aren't there, and even then they spend twice as long casing a home before they break in that in Britain, they like to do the burglaries in the evening when they know people are going to be home, and they don't spend much time casing. And the reason why they actually like having people on the home is that they can then force people to tell them where the valuables are. But the reason why American burglars want to make sure nobody's home when they break in, even though they don't get the advantage of having them tell them where the valuables are they're worried about getting shot, and one way to avoid or making sure you're not going to get shot is to make sure there's nobody home to shoot you.
Speaker 4: Makes sense to me, however, are we're fighting this constantly. You can imagine what the New York City's going to look like if if yes, your mom Donnie actually becomes the mayor and implements, for example, thirty dollars an hour minimum wage and on top of that ten bucks an hour for government requirements such as unemployment and workers competing to put out a business about half the small businesses in New York City. But also, I.
Speaker 5: Don't know why they stop at thirty dollars an hour. Why not like five hundred dollars an hour. I think that would be great to do that, and you know I'd get an increase in wage too, you know.
Speaker 8: It would be.
Speaker 5: The thing you have to ask yourself is what's going to happen to young people who don't have any training. They're the ones who are going to not get their leg up on the labor force to begin with. They're going to replace the types of jobs that they would do with machines. You know what they end up doing with these crazy type schemes. I mean, it's nice, sure, it'd be great if everybody could make sure thirty dollars an hour. But the problem is is that firms may not view them as being that productive. Is that working, you know, producing something that's worth thirty dollars an hour to the firm, and so they're not going to hire them.
Speaker 4: You kind of bring about what you seek to avoid by having large numbers of young people fired or laid off, because the value they give it the business is not thirty bucks an hour. It might be ten dollars an hour. I'll give you it. We got to get on the topic. But I give you an example. I love Chick fil A, and so I go to a local Chick fil A regularly. I talked to thisssistant manager who appeared to he was a black male, appeared to be in his early twenties. And he sat down and I said, give me five minutes your time. He said, you're here, what is it? And he talked about going to high school, had c's and C and C pluses, could not really get into college. In fact, he said, I really didn't want to go to college. I didn't want to be a gangbanger and sell drugs like so many of my high school I wanted to work, and so I started here about five years ago. I was making eight dollars and fifty cents an hour. I won't tell you what I'm making, but I'm making about seventy thousand dollars a year. I'm an assistant manager and right now I'm engaged to be Mary. See that girl over there, He pointed to another young black female, and I met her here about three years ago. To two of us together are going to make over one hundred thousand dollars a year. And he said, but we were building a life together. And I said, God bless you. Why isn't that culturally acceptable? And he said, well, because we're not on social media, we come from single parent households, we don't value formal education. But each of us want to work and have a kid and buy a home. And you begin with a minimum wage job and ultimately by showing up five minutes early leaving five minutes late, guess what you can make it. And I tell this young person number one graduate from my school, Number two work, and number three don't commit crime. If you do those three things in life, and you're getting married and get married, then have kids, get married, have kids, and that's their plan. And he said, we also developed a Catholicism. And he said, now we go to church together. I said, young man, I wish your story was common and not abnormal. And it takes simply to graduate from my school work or go to school full time. And thirdly, don't commit crime and have babies when you're married. And if you do that, you got ninety seven percent chance of making it. But the culture doesn't tell him to do that. Correct.
Speaker 5: Oh, I mean you're right. I mean you have like seventy percent of black children are born out of wedlock. That's there. You know, there's a huge amount of social research that indicates that children born in single parent families are much more likely to be involved in crime, are much more likely to do poorly in schooling. Look, I mean it's hard enough to raise a child with two parents involved. Yes, yeah, and.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: We're way far from the day when one, you know, the mother would stay home and take care of the kids. I mean, it always bothers me when people would say, well what do you do and people would be embarrassed for saying that they were home with the kids, because to me, that's as much of a job right as going out and working. In fact, it's a very valuable job.
Speaker 4: No, we got to get on your story in the Washington Times. But doesn't take a government program, doesn't take a midnight basketball, it doesn't take doesn't take scooter parks, It doesn't take all these make work things by the government. It takes those three principles plus the fourth. But John Lott, once again, you have a column at Washington Times the legal immigrant crime rates higher, then CATO Institute wants you to believe, plus the Democrats plus every time I hear that the immigration rate of crime is much lower, and then regular Americans explain the essence of your column.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, I mean you think people would be a little bit skeptical of these claims that CATO and other places put out about the low rates of crime by illegals, simply because of the fact that during the Buying administration, where we had this huge influx of criminal of illegals coming into the country, we saw a record percentage increase in violent crime rates. We don't have the data for twenty twenty four yet, but during the first three years of the buying administration. The Bureau of Dustice statistics in the case of violent crime increased by fifty five percent. That's twice as large is the largest previous percentage increase in the fifty years that they've been recording that data. Since Trump came into office, we've seen, according to Pashpitel, it now towards the lowest murder rate ever recorded in US history. You know, it's only the first five months of the administration, but you know, surely even be close to the lowest would be a major accomplishment. And what you have going on is we not only are deporting violent criminals, but we're also making it risky for those that we haven't deported yet to go and commit crimes. You know, one, if they get caught now, they risk being deported. And so one way to reduce the risk of them getting deported is to keep their heads down and not commit crimes and not get on the police radar.
Speaker 4: But what a novel suggestion. Don't commit crime and get on and the other thing. Other thing, John Lott cash Mantel is wonderful fentanyl debts have collapsed, and that Washington Post couldn't figure out why it's the headline was incredible. It's not incredible. Is it that fentanyl deaths the last five months have collapsed?
Speaker 5: I mean, is it surprising that it's so much more difficult to bring fentanyl into the United States as we've secured the border, that you also have a reduction in sentinel deaths. I mean you have to wonder. I mean, you know, it's Look, these crime questions that we talk about many times that have been on your show are not not rocket science. If you want to stop people from commune crimes, you have to make it risky for them to go and commit crimes. Higher rest rates, higher conviction rates, longer prison sentences. You know, the guy who won the Democratic nomination for mayor in New York City, he doesn't seem to understand that he wants to go and cut the police. He wants to go and get rid of prisons in the state there. You know, if he thinks that that's going to reduce crime, good luck to him, but it's not. And making it so that private individuals can't defend themselves. All those things recipe for crime going up in the other direction. But anyway, you know, the first question you're asking is about the CATO numbers that are there. And what they do is they're using something a survey done by the government called the American Community Survey, which is a truly massive survey. But the problem is when they survey people in prisons in order to try to figure out whether they're illegals or not, in order to see the share of the prison populations which are illegals versus American citizens. One, they depend upon these people accurately telling them whether they're here illegally or not. But they're more important problems with it. One is the fact that a lot of the illegals are deported from prison. So let's say you are sentenced for four years in prison, Well, you may be deported after being in prison for six months or three months. Well, if illegals who commit crimes, let's say a robbery, you're going to compare them to Americans who commit robbery. They're only going to be in prison then for three or six of the four years, So you're going to get many fewer illegals are going to be counted as being in prison at that time. And many illegals who commit crimes never even make it to prison. The fact that you're in the country illegally, you can be deported even without committee a crime. So if you get arrested, they don't have to wait for you to go through the whole criminal process to be convicted. Simply being arrested, they can depor you. And we're seeing that happen right now across the country. And so if they're never making into prison despite committing crimes, simply counting the number of people in prison. Again, even assuming that these illegals are honestly answering, because it's voluntary information on their part, whether they're very illegally, you know you're going to undercount them. You're going to undercount them by large numbers.
Speaker 4: And the other issue on top of that, John Lott, is that many cities, I think the top forty nine of the fifty large American cities do not ask about immigration status. So how do you know of person they don't do it?
Speaker 5: How do you know health states have it in their laws. You know, from California and Illinois and New York and Massachusetts and New Jersey and lots of other states forbid you from even asking whether you're in the United States illegally or not.
Speaker 8: And many of.
Speaker 5: The other states, even if they allow you to ask, don't do it. And even if they do ask it, they don't keep records of it. And so the question is, you know, so you have you know, they go and they say, well, people who are here illegally who aren't in prison are likely to lie to and I agree, so they're going to be undercounted. But the thing is, if you're in prison, and even if I tell you, well, we're not going to tell law enforcement that you told us that you were here illegally, the person who's in prison says, look, I'm going to be deported for sure. If they're convinced that I'm here illegally, why even bother telling them that. So there's a greater cost to somebody in prison going and volunteering that information that they don't have to give than it is for somebody who's outside of prison who's taking the survey.
Speaker 4: And you know, I'm sure people at Cato Institute have have at least a high school, college degree, etc. They're bright people, and that they have to twist the numbers for a defined result to get what they want.
Speaker 5: Oh, they're open borders, right, you know. And the thing is, I consider myself kind of a Milton Friedman type of economists have a PhD in economics, and Milton Friedman is one of my heroes. Freedman's a libertarian type guy. But Freedman often would say, look, as long as you have the welfare system that we have here in the United States, you can't have open borders because you're going to be bringing in lots of people. They're going to be getting all sorts of welfare benefits they're there. We know that lots of the legals are getting Medicaid even though they're technically not supposed to do so. We know that they're getting housing. We know that they're getting other federal benefits that are there. You know, they get free schooling, they get free healthcare. Those create an incentive for not necessarily getting the right people that you want to have come into the country.
Speaker 4: Absolutely well. The column is at Washington Post also Crimeresearch dot Org. Wash I'm sorry, Washington Times a little bit different, but the Washington Times dot com and John Lott. Once again, we only have twenty seconds remaining. My Mount Rushmore of conservatism is Milton Friedman, William F. Buckley, Thomas Sole, and Rush Limbaugh. That's my Mount Rushmore. Would you put someone else up there.
Speaker 5: Well, Tom sol was a profess yess or mine, and I was honored to have Milton Freeman write lurbs for several of my books. So you know, okay, so all right, well, thank you very much, and people can find all this at our website at crimeresearch dot org, Crimeresearch dot orgy.
Speaker 4: The truth will set us free and hopefully, yes here my Dommy does not become the next Mayor of New York. John Lott, the Great American, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, John, Thank you for being there. Bill, let's continue line becomes available. Know the routine Bill cunning into Great American with you every Sunday night. I goly cunning into Great Americans. Thanks for listening tonight. I especially enjoyed the comments. And Wayne Allen Root Root for America dot com live from Las Vegas to talk about maybe Mom Donnie the next mayor of New York maybe deported back to Oganda? Are Oganda? Are you kidding me? Plus, it appears that the murderer in corder Oleen Idaho, there was a weapon found next to a dead person where the where the shots originated from. And it appears that the murder of those two firefighters, that the one perpetrator has been has been identified, and that we're not sure at this point, and so I go off the air. Now whether it was a suicide or killing by the police, but once again we acknowledged the involvement of mister Schulman. There's the program director, kbo I and Boise Idaho calling in for that information. So we'll see again next Sunday night. Bill Cunningham, the great American, with you and all of the great Americans every Sunday night.