Speaker 1: What's going on Clippers fans. Hopefully that weird pause before the live didn't happen. Welcome to Clips and dib I am Chuck Mockler joined by Adam Osland. William Updyke should be on here shortly. Welcome to the happy hour hang no matter what you're doing getting off work, maybe you're going to a wood shop class. Who knows. We are hopefully your favorite Clippers podcast. You can find us at YouTube dot com slash at Clippers Podcast. We'll be putting this out for audio in case you missed it. We did not do an episode last week because there wasn't a whole lot going on, and now it feels like there's borderlines some stuff going on. Adam, how are you doing? As we are fully kind of in the doldrums of the off season.
Speaker 2: I don't feel them yet. Still, there's too much attention just the Clippers way right now to feel like that. And yeah, the waiting period for aspiration and everything, and to attach that also to a Kawhi trade now magnifying things even more. I don't know. It feels like we're at the epicenter of the NBA A little bit.
Speaker 1: The epicenter, but there's just I think the reason we're at the epicenters because also it is a pretty egregious situation happening. Yeah, so the the topic of this on the outline is NBA shit housery. Speaking of shit housery, william I was just saying, it's kind of the doldrums of the off season. Adam said, we're in the eye of the storm. Where do you land between those for the Clippers right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm leaning more adul drums.
Speaker 1: The aspiration thing has just gone on for so long.
Speaker 3: It's going to continue to go on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get comfortable.
Speaker 1: That's what's so frustrating. There was another Pablo episode, this one about Kawhi and investing in a failed Rhode Island soccer team, which could have told you that, man, don't invest in that.
Speaker 2: Did they fail?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure I don't know. Yeah, there were some reports. Are they still.
Speaker 2: Doing Rhode Island FC for life? Dude?
Speaker 1: Then again tatted there was some a report that kind of just felt like something everybody knew, which was the investigation into whether the Clippers circumvented the cap could drag into twenty twenty seven. If the parties don't agree on the findings. I don't think they're going to agree on the findings.
Speaker 2: Nope, call me crazy, right, unless the Clippers are found innocent, that's the one way this would go away quickly, I think. But I know that's not with the general public opponent here. They think, Oh, Steve Balmer, you'd be getting off too easy that way. And you must have one over on Adam Silver because he's the richest owner of North American sports.
Speaker 1: Sure, unfortunately I don't. I'm not pro that, but him being the richest guy who owns a sports team in the US is a huge factor.
Speaker 2: It's like, what are the other owners want?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I don't I don't know. I just want it to be done. But it's not going to be done. And to add to kind of the weirdness of everything, the Clippers and Raptors are playing a preseason game October tenth, which.
Speaker 2: In Vancouver.
Speaker 1: Can they just.
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: The law though, is handing over its investigation of the NBA. I mean, if the law firm after ten months threw their hands up and say there's no real smoking gun here, I mean there's some smoke, but there's no like, there's no real smoking gun. We don't know what to tell you. I mean, then couldn't this investigation wrap up pretty quickly? Because Adam Silver could just be like, well, I don't know how we I don't know how we severely punish a player or organization if that, you know, we don't have that like over Obviously the proof isn't beyond a reasonable doubt in a case in something like this, But still, if you don't, if you don't establish that direct link, I don't know, you know, like, are you worried too much about the public kickback from this? Because I think most people, especially people in like the more casual space, who people any basically anyone who's not a Clippers fan, his you know, they're kind of done with this. They're over with this. I don't think it would change any perspective, not that perspectives could be much more neg of the Clippers in the first place. So I think if there's no if they didn't find that thing that like like sort of you know, uncontestable sort of proof, I don't know, I could see the NBA kind of just throwing their hands up and being like, well, what do we really do with this?
Speaker 2: What if there were some ulterior theories or alternate explanations that don't include cap circumvention, Like I don't know, an incompetent, fraudulent company just continuing to pay some of what they owed Kauhi and so that alone is not cap circumvention. Just because they want to pay a guy for not doing anything. That's cap circ convention would be Steve Baumer's intentionally putting money in to funnel to Kauhi. And I think there's some real theories why that might not be the case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's in a very long time, uh it.
Speaker 3: Whereas I feel like I feel like this, you have the text message that's like we can this is our this is how we can pay Kawhi more. You know, if you had that thing, then it's like all.
Speaker 1: Right, cool.
Speaker 3: I don't think this investigation has taken ten months. But if you like, you know, you're you're sorting through a lot of Oh it could be this or maybe like if you have to draw a lot of conclusions to get to that endpoint, I could see the NBA saying like, I don't know what to do with this. I don't know how we can like reasonably, I don't know how we could reasonably punish a player or an organization. If we don't have that thing, well, the Players Union is one hundred percent obligated to appeal if any punishment comes down, right, I think from the beginning, I don't know how you punish a player, just like the Players Association is just too strong, like it, you know, especially if it's not if he's not involved in like anything criminal or you know what I mean. Like, I don't know, I don't know how they would really ever put up with a punishment that came down on a player, because that kind of sets a weird precedent. That's that's a bad precedent.
Speaker 1: Uh, And it's not. There's no punishment. And again, if the Clippers are found to have done something wrong, punish them. I think Bamber is the one who should be punished. But absolutely with Kawhi, it's like he's already so far past the contract. There's going to be no contractual punishment. People who are saying void the contract, the contract has already it's overplayed through and I'm this, I'm not arguing is this a reason for like not to investigate or anything. The contract's over he signed a new contract. You can't punish him contractually. And if you do punish him contractually by some like you can't be signed for you know, you can only be signed for a minimum.
Speaker 3: That I just don't think that just ever happened.
Speaker 1: I think that, yeah, that will never happen because it would skew the league and be like, so cowhis for a minimum like that could help it.
Speaker 3: That would trick a walkout or something.
Speaker 1: It'd be. I think this question from Caleb Simpkins is fair because if this does go into twenty twenty seven, which what's going what's going on, what's going on with the players, Like the trade just doesn't happen, so he plays for the Clippers, I think so.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he would without a contract extension because he thought he was getting two years, sixty million per year, one hundred and twenty total from the Raptors. I don't know, he might hold out or they might want to put him on ice. If this isn't resolved by then keep him in bubble wrap so he doesn't end up gating in that room.
Speaker 1: Nicks the trade, so we're like, okay, don't play brandon Ingram either.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they could take brandon Ingram back after trading him and like that would be awkward. It's all bad, I do think.
Speaker 3: Just let it play out, Raptors. Just come on, let's wrap this up. Let's move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, let's start shifting this the blame for this whole thing to the Raptors. We're just kidding.
Speaker 3: I just mean on the trade portion of it, because they're clearly the hold up there, like the it's not.
Speaker 1: What did they like, what did they think causing this at all? It's the Raptors, Thank you, big R. I do agree with this one hund.
Speaker 2: They did nothing wrong out.
Speaker 3: And completely undo this or to run out the like to run the season with Brandon Ingram after this potential trade or be it or not be able to play him if he could be involved in a trade and you're gonna start without like one of your top scorers.
Speaker 1: I don't know what if they find another trade. I mean that that's entirely it's just annoying. And that speaks to what big r R six four is saying, which is this whole thing is just a nightmare. Accurate.
Speaker 2: If they are innocent, they sure got put through a lot. It just sure feels like time served by everything that's happened.
Speaker 1: Here, and according to some they need to they're actually making it messier. The Clippers are actually making it messier by not That is one thing where I'm like, come on, dude, Like I get wanting the investigation to be done. I understand that, but to say the Clippers are making it messier, but what were they supposed to do?
Speaker 3: That's what?
Speaker 2: Stop fighting it? Stop fighting?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like what?
Speaker 2: Like my truth?
Speaker 1: That was crazy?
Speaker 2: That was Pablo Well if you guys saw that clip with him on Dan Levatard, but uh, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's nuts. Oh we got a Pacer fan in here. Oh yeah, wicked k Pop shout out on getting Kobe Brown for another got another contract? You can thrive. I was once a member of Kobe Brown Island.
Speaker 4: Na.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say it a little better. I found a boat and didn't tell anyone else, and I pottled myself off. Another rumor that seemed fake? Was it? The Clippers reportedly offered Lebron a one year, twenty million dollar contract. I don't see it. I don't believe that for a second.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's that. Like he's the top twenty five player in the league. Oh you want if you wanted to stay in LA. There's your opportunity to and you're gonna sell out every night on a new arena. I just don't think it's that crazy.
Speaker 1: I get the logic, but I just don't think like where the Clippers know where they're at. The GM has said that we're not contenders, like.
Speaker 2: It would be just if Lebron wants to stay in LA with his family. That's yeah, it was he didn't you like this option, which he.
Speaker 1: Did not, which not died. Yeah, you know what we're gonna be saying at the end of the season, should have taken the twenty mil with the Clippers we won the chip. That also would have been an abject failure. If he would have said yes to that, that would have been kind of a nightmare season. Why because the starting five would be like like Brook Lopez is the starting center. Like, it just doesn't feel like a season where there'd be a lot of success.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lebron typically makes teams worse, not but like, dude.
Speaker 1: The vibes would be weird. I would not be.
Speaker 2: I know a bunch of people don't like Lebron but like to say that they'd be worse on the court with him.
Speaker 1: I think is I mean, no, they're not going to go six.
Speaker 5: And twenty more.
Speaker 2: That's typically what I care about.
Speaker 1: But well, I like season wise we would have traded him, I think because we would not have won.
Speaker 2: I think you were known he wasn't going there to win. If you went to the Clippers eyes are open.
Speaker 1: Actually that would have been sick senior itis Lebron just like doing whatever.
Speaker 2: Would the question to me, when was that offered? Was that before? Was that to pair him with Kawhi?
Speaker 1: That's a good call.
Speaker 2: Because they could have done some damage.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, that would be people would hate the Clippers. The scenario where the Clippers do not get punished for the aspiration and sign, Lebron would be a timeline man. That would be awesome. Everyone would hate us even more and that would be a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: I like what Alex Webb is saying in the chat though, like it we can't develop young guys and have Lebron on the team.
Speaker 1: Woggler gets on his workout.
Speaker 2: Program, I think you can, Like, that's a vet you can learn from. Because Lebron's so versatile. He can play any position. It's not like he's gonna he has to take away the pecking order because you can just slot somewhere else in the lineup.
Speaker 1: You got Lebron at the one, Woggs at the two.
Speaker 2: Sure, great, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Lebron in his seniorite this year, would finally do the dunk contest. He wouldn't out win, but he would do it. It'd be him versus macmacalm.
Speaker 2: I'd be more worried about Benedict Mathern next to Keaton Wogler to Lebron.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about that because now with Benedict Matha in Chicago, New Orleans are possible suitors for him from the steinline. New Orleans has been trying to shed Jordan Hawkins contract. If they're succeeding those efforts, they'd be able to open up some of their mid level exception to offer Matherin. Where are we at on Mathron? What is his AAV what should he be paid? It's kind of Kaminga esque, not relating the play styles, but contract wise, it's kind of.
Speaker 2: Like they are kind of similar than on play styles. Unfortunately, yes, neither one has turned out to be a great shooter so far. I think Matherin has more potential on that side, obviously, but he kind of is a smaller cominga in some ways he cannot be inconsistent. Yeah, the tunnel vision stuff is like if he could fix that, but that also could be something innate to like just your basketball, you know, right view the game.
Speaker 3: He's not worth more than a mid level, and I think if you were to offer more than that, that seems good luck have fun with that. The mid level is like twelve and a half fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like fifteen points something.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is price is right rules. It's closest to that wrongover. So if he just went over, you're actually wrong.
Speaker 2: I said fifteen points something, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was, I would be like. There's also these reports that him and Watson are gonna like take the qualifying offer, which I don't think that's happening. I don't think these guys are taking like sex within a half million dollars.
Speaker 2: That is horse right, Like it is an empty threat that Watson would take the qualifying offer if it was between that and seventy for five years, which some said, some reported that's what the Nuggets were offering, which I also don't believe. Maybe, but it's not going to be seventy over five years. When Christian Brown got one twenty over five years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but math math, And I'm like, I'm okay in that, like that ten to thirteen range.
Speaker 2: But I think that'd be good value.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be good value.
Speaker 2: That would be good And I wouldn't hate it either because he's so young.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, anything above that fifteen and I think anything above the mid level is kind of where you where you're losing me Just.
Speaker 3: You'd have to be sky on on what you think is development potential.
Speaker 2: Is a lot of the advanced numbers do not favor Benick math right, and.
Speaker 1: A lot of not advanced numbers too, Like.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean people, look, he's a seventeen point a game guy, Like what's the problem. He can go out and get a bucket. He's had twenty seven points in the NBA Finals game, and it's like, well, they also would pull him in some of those games because he have some questionable decision making and Rick Carlisle had a short lease with him, and that's the reason they gave up. And maybe a part of it was just because they had to to get a beast to box. That's like I got to attribute some of that injury. Yeah, that's like if you shot fifty percent of the Clippers to three. Neither one of those was holding up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I the tunnel vision thing and the team. It's difficult to play on the Clippers because the team has a lot of shuffling I think, or more has had more so than that recently. Guys have to kind of play. It's like that Mathering to me his place on the Clippers, and I'm not speaking to his ability, but his role on the Clippers is one that's like very It kind of feels Terence's man esque where it's like it's kind of like random here and there. And I don't know if he's his game can translate to being good in that.
Speaker 2: He also probably wants to be a starter with this right the way this Clippers roster is shaping up, probably feels like he should be a starter on this type of team. And I could understand that.
Speaker 1: On the Yeah, for the twenty six twenty seven Clippers, I can see if you're Matherin being like I should kind of want to be a starter.
Speaker 2: I just worry about And I gave the example yesterday of his total visions.
Speaker 1: Yesterday of course to Big R and the gym.
Speaker 2: Put him on blast. I'm still interested in him because of his age. It's it's one thing if you're thirty five or thirty six and you're Russell Westbrook and you're making the same mistakes over and over again. Matthew is twenty three. But it's the lack of options. When he has the ball in his hand. It's not going to turn out with him driving and kicking. Most of the time, even if that's the right basketball play to make, it's going to be driving and forcing a tough layup on a double team. Now some of the time it's going to end with free throws, and that's very valuable. The way he was able to get to the.
Speaker 5: Line last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he went through that period after he missed that three pointer to win the game who is it against Orlando and Kawhi said, hey, keep your head up afterwards, that was the right shot. It was. That's when like the three point shooting really took that dip. So I think some of it was confidence and some of it. He was banged up going back to Indiana and he remember really disclosed exactly what was happening, but it sounded like maybe another toe issue going on. I know people don't want to hear that he left those toes.
Speaker 1: Will got called out directly in the chat honest convo. Also, if you're just listening to the and you want to watch us, fine us at YouTube dot college at Clippers podcast, Will Yam, let's hear your thoughts on the scenario. The Clippers are found not guilty.
Speaker 3: We trade Kawhi, we move on.
Speaker 1: Look, that's kind of what it feels like. Look at it.
Speaker 3: I mean, here's the thing, Like this is like any civil litigation, Like the standard of proof is a preponderance of the evidence more likely true than not. If I'm looking at this from a bird's eye angle, I'm thinking in eleven months or ten months, if you can't get to the burden of a preponderance of the evidence right, more likely true than not, then I think, if you're the league, you kind of gotta let this one go. And I'm so sorry, but like it, I think that that as much as you might get public backlash for that. And I'm not saying this just as a Clippers person. I would want the same thing to happen if this were another team, If this were happening in the Lakers, if this were happening to whoever, right Bucks, if you.
Speaker 2: Can't believe you want that. I don't know about many other people.
Speaker 3: If you didn't leave that burden improved in eleven months. I think you got to take a hike, man, I think I think it's time to touch grass and move on.
Speaker 1: Brother, that's says, uh, take a hike now.
Speaker 3: I don't know, because I'm not in.
Speaker 1: I'm not filling.
Speaker 2: You. Get a load of this guy, get a load of.
Speaker 3: I don't know if the law firm also, like if they speculate on if they did find this, like if they start to speculate on what a potential punishment could be, or if that gets kicked onto the league, and if that's the sis the situation where it's getting kicked onto the league and the only thing that they're considering is the evidence that they have. Yeah, man, I think they haven't. They should absolutely have an idea by now. And if the answer is I don't know, then it's it's time to fucking move on.
Speaker 1: It's time to go. I would yeah, I mean right, that's a totally fair question. But I'd also like to what you said, like at the beginning, like what happens if they're found not guilty, the trade happens and everybody.
Speaker 3: Move on with our lives.
Speaker 1: Brother, not everybody would move on, but that's what would be supposed to happen.
Speaker 2: Would be on Incinnati, I would be Bill Belichick, We're moving on peace.
Speaker 3: I think PTFO would be listenable again. You know, I could go back because I really love a lot of intrastigations and a lot of stuff. Yes, even the beginning of this whole say, I was like, damn, this is really interesting and if this is true, if they can prove that, like this was capture convision, Like one part, I was like that was dumb as hell on the Clippers part. But at this point, I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wanted to. I almost recorded a fake promo for our Live that was me walking in a backpack because like Pablo's last thing was him like walking in a backpack and like we're gonna preview the episode, but it was like, what are you doing? You can stop?
Speaker 2: And he came out with the shorter one today with Henry Abbott talk about the overall situation with owners and billionaires and Portland's owner and all that. But they started with this and he asked him what he thought, and he also kind of wanted to clarify what he was angling towards with that episode, because I think he felt like he was inadequate with the information he brought forth and the conclusions people weren't able to connect the dots with. But what he was trying to say there, I think he made it overly confusing.
Speaker 1: That one always good when you have to have an episode the next day explaining your episode, right, that's the.
Speaker 3: That's like the best jokes. The best jokes are always ones that you have to explain after everyone knows that.
Speaker 2: I do feel like he's the Stewie Griffin did there, Like do you see how clever I am with this? Like he's always doing that with the other two guys in the room or marlin z owner and uh what does it mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah he was a GM Yeah someone in the chat thing. It'll be so lovely to go to bed with your voice and have a nice day. We are happy to put people to sleep. Thank you for coming here. If you need to sleep, go to our adultes.
Speaker 2: Okay, so go to sleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, the commissioner, I'm like, is not playing around. Dude. There's also a third apron now, and that apron is take a hike. Uh so Matharine. We're all kind of in the fifteen million a year range, I think for feeling comfortable with it, because again, the fit is weird. I don't think yeah yeah, wise.
Speaker 2: I just I would worry about a player like that that isn't a great connector a great passer with a team that's trying to, you know, foster some young talent.
Speaker 1: Or outside shooter. Not that he's he's not twenty percent bad, but he's I think below league appas.
Speaker 2: So, he shot thirty seven percent like the first thirty games of the season with Indiana, and then came over with US and shot twenty percent. He's a thirty four percent three point shooter. It's about one thousand threes taken in his career. His shot looks good. He's a good free throw shooter. I feel like it should be better, Like he should be above slightly above league average at least. Maybe he's taking too many bad ones off the dribble.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Joseph, the award is.
Speaker 2: Here, speaking of bad ones.
Speaker 5: I heard that at it.
Speaker 6: I heard it, bad.
Speaker 1: Man, Joseph, how are you doing? We're talking about how much money we want to we would give mathin per year or depending on your time limit. How do you feel about the current Kawhi situation?
Speaker 7: Well, let's let's talk about both. Actually did we did we talk about Yeah? But at the same time, actually did did we.
Speaker 4: Talk about what what Denver offered Peyton Watson?
Speaker 1: Yet? I don't think so.
Speaker 5: The report was that it was five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure. Which is a reporter that has like never broken news before?
Speaker 5: Was it was it Pingalore?
Speaker 2: Uh? Deep cut?
Speaker 5: The current.
Speaker 1: I currently avoid by the.
Speaker 2: Team Jones and Tony Jones is not.
Speaker 4: Tony Jones is not like a bit player. Tony Jones has been covering the Dender beat for years.
Speaker 2: If if you want to believe that, like okay, maybe six months ago that was their starting point because he gave no timeline on when that was offered. And then they're waiting for Rich Paul to come in and say, yeah, we won our starting points one point fifty five years meet somewhere in the middle. Like I could believe it then, but I find it hard to believe they'd pull that offer out right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The report is not that it's the final offer, it's that it they did.
Speaker 5: It started there, It started there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, every negotiation starts somewhere Joseph.
Speaker 4: Double double sign in trade Ben Mathern and Peyton Watson five for seventy Who says, no.
Speaker 1: Well, the Nuggets are in the second apron, so they're also like, that.
Speaker 2: Makes still have to get out of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah in trade, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That makes things infinitely more difficult for what can we But.
Speaker 2: They're like two million overs, so they can get out of it pretty easily.
Speaker 5: Can we talk about that for a second.
Speaker 4: The Kronkey's own Arsenal Arsenal who just won the Premier League? Why do they care about the second apron?
Speaker 1: About it? That's why we traded Eric Gordon.
Speaker 2: One hundred and ten million more from Eric Gordon on the book to whatever that was.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I would.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm still not over that, guys. I just want to be I want to be. I am still not over that.
Speaker 1: Like team wise in a weird spot like they need Watson, yes to have any was like I want to retire a nugget makes sense, I think mostly based. I think you'd retire with whatever team and draft for them, no matter the success.
Speaker 2: They are a danger playing paying like two hundred and fifty million in luxury tax, which would be by far the highest ever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, first, who cares? Second?
Speaker 4: Do we think Jokic loves Denver because of the demonic horse at the Denver airport?
Speaker 5: Do we think there's a connection here?
Speaker 1: I think it speaks right at home. Yeah, I think it speaks to him, but I don't know if it's necessarily a connection.
Speaker 4: Okay, does have a similar horse at their airport.
Speaker 1: This is funny from ohso Real super Chat. Five dollars no double dipping Adams is two fifty for Chuck and two fifty for Will. Uh just kidding, Uh, just about the boys or back let's go clippers, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Make sure to death that accordingly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get that figured out with our tax guy, our tax guy and Uncle Dennis. It's Uncle Dennis's tax guy.
Speaker 4: Can we okay, can we jump into that? Can I get my takes off about the whole Kali situation.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, it's the whole reason. Is the whole reason I enjoyed.
Speaker 1: That's the whole point.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry to Railroaders Show. To be honest, you're not, but I'm not. I'm also not sorry. No, I'm excited to railroaders Show. It's the whole reason I clicked the link. I said, oh boy, I get five minutes to talk what has bothered me the most. Okay, this last episode of Pablo Tory finds out where he's you know, exposing the Clippers had zero direct linkages. I mean not even one. He's had a couple in the past where there were like vague linkages where I was like, all right, whatever, it's fine.
Speaker 5: But he continues to talk about these things with.
Speaker 4: A level of certainty that is astonishing to me with how much circumstantial evidence he is providing.
Speaker 2: You know, the governor having a private meeting blocked out on his calendar is not direct evidence.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, like, okay, here's the deal. Here's my main thesis about this whole thing. If we're going to dedicate an entire hour too, why did Kawi not announce this when we are ignoring the previous five years of recording. Considering Kuhi, the most mysterious star in sports, who specifically told the Clippers that he needed his own medical staff to prevent leaks, that he needed to ensure that the stat that the PR team said nothing about where he was or what he was doing. That same star not wanting to announce what is probably a shady real estate deal designed by his agent, his uncle, and an LA real estate mogul, totally tracks with his personality and has nothing to do with the salary cap.
Speaker 2: You mean, you're not surprised that daniel Tice would hold up a jersey for the team and Kawhi wouldn't like, yeah it's Kawhi.
Speaker 4: Yeah, daniel Tye needs the extra scratch to be pictured in a photo for this team. And also I'm positive that Kawhi was like, hey, DT, do you want to get in on this real estate deal with me? And daniel Tye was like, I love the Northeast, Sure, why not?
Speaker 5: I just spent the last five years there.
Speaker 2: I think DT makes it look more legit that there was another player that was you know, I think that totally works against Pablo's there.
Speaker 4: The other the other part that bothers me is Pabo's like, what's the logical explanation of him getting involved in this, you know, Rhode Island real estate deal.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's an LA based realtor who was building this stuff in Rhode Island and probably does have a relationship with Mitch fucking Frankel and Dennis robertson my thing.
Speaker 3: My thing is also too like, Look, if you want to go Bob Woodward on stuff, there's there's some shadier people who financially you could be investigating that I think is potentially a lot more interesting than this. Where's Nancy Pelosi's finances? Come on, let's go do something a little with a little bit.
Speaker 2: More her stock trackers?
Speaker 3: Lad, yeah, no ship, Yeah, I wonder why.
Speaker 4: But like, I've gotten to the point to where I'm not like, oh, you know, he's deranged or whatever, or I don't even believe that the Clippers did nothing.
Speaker 5: I'll be honest.
Speaker 4: The Clippers probably did something, and they probably did it in the dumbest way possible. But to act as though you have the act is though you have definitive fact and that there is no other explanation is insane to me. Because he also, since Mark Cuban has not had anyone on to confront him on any of these things, he has just had people like going wow every time he opens a fucking Manila folder, and.
Speaker 1: There is I would do the exact same thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, as as I did as the host of Clipset for many years. But like, there is a logical explanation here, there's a few Aspiration defrauded Steve Balmer and got him so entangled in his web that he realized, if I loop in Kawhi, either the threat of salary caps for convention or making the star happy allows me to continue to milk Steve Balmer for millions and millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: This has been my biggest theory. Like, it's not hard. He had Kawhi. He thought he might get something out of Kawhi with marketing, hence the group designed going on. Then they realize he's Kawhi and he doesn't want to do anything, but they might as well eat that money. They're losing paying to Kawhi because Balmer's putting in more and it keeps it closer to Balmer by having his star player. Oh think it's that crazy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's like it's not that Steve Bamber said, hey, I need you to pay him. But also, here's the other thing too. He keeps saying Kawhi took a sub max extension. Why's nie was literally pulled pork at the time he signed that extension.
Speaker 1: And it was a five million dollar sub max extension. Right, we're not talking someone who.
Speaker 5: Took Yeah, and he took it. Excuse excuse me, Pablo.
Speaker 4: There is reporting that he took it so that Paul George would be influenced by that deal to give them more flexibility to be able to chase the championship.
Speaker 2: So that was the reporting that night he talked with the media, yes, or after that game, yes, about the contract extension.
Speaker 4: I hope this gets back to Pablo because I am more than willing to come on Pablo Town for good to tell you, well, I know he lays awake at night looking for his own name and.
Speaker 1: We're not even that insane about it.
Speaker 5: Like, but that's true.
Speaker 1: If this gets back to Pablo, that would be so funny because who emailed this to you.
Speaker 5: Like the white thing probably would have got.
Speaker 1: Back to him.
Speaker 5: You're right if he was actually trying. I was, Look, that was a different time in my life. I have some regrets for it.
Speaker 1: Was literally almost a year ago.
Speaker 8: But like, it is more frustrating to have the certainty that he is discussing this with. And sure, I mean I am a Dan Levotard listener, and it's the certainty that that show is talking about this with where it's like.
Speaker 5: No Pablo knows and nobody else knows.
Speaker 1: It is also losing his mind.
Speaker 5: Dan is very much Adam's mind.
Speaker 1: Did you see the Lebron Tops thing? So yes, so well Will and Adam if you missed it, uh, Dan Levatard. So they announced which I didn't know this. They announced Lebron signing with Philly via Tops the card company, and Dan Lebotard was on his show trying to possibly tie the fact that he went for eight million dollars to the Sixers because Tops is based in Pennsylvania, so it's like this whole like conspiracy and it was like, and credit to his co host who was like, what the hell are you talking about? Dan?
Speaker 4: Dan frequently says things that are word salads. Okay, so and that one of the jokes on the show is that Dan is a writer. But what that is, what that has become in late stage Levotard show lore is Dan says things where he gets lost in the middle of saying that, and so I am I listened to the show. It is it is very within like very much within the realm of possibility that Dan did not realize.
Speaker 9: Where he was in his own sentence and said something that he didn't mean, Okay, he has then he has since spent the last two weeks being like, I did not say that.
Speaker 5: That is not that is not what I said. I didn't mean that anyway.
Speaker 1: That's worse.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is worse.
Speaker 4: How do we feel about the fact that there's a report that the Clippers offered Lebron twenty million dollars to come to LA.
Speaker 1: We already talked about this. We're gonna go ahead and replay that discussion from earlier. No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: I'm like Dan, we have the audio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what I said.
Speaker 5: Don't don't revisit it. It's fine, It's fine.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's like whatever, it's dumb.
Speaker 5: Could have been fun.
Speaker 1: It could have been fun. I would sayn is fun.
Speaker 2: Lebron makes teams better. I'm more interested in that than anything. They wouldn't be a contender, but for one season, it's not going to be debilitating for the young guys. I don't think.
Speaker 5: Would you get the jersey I can get any one Lebron. Lebron is my favorite player, So yes, Lebron is like my guy. Yeah. I had to put it. I had to put it away when he became a Laker. I had to like shove that under the rug.
Speaker 4: But before, like the day before he became a Laker, I was like a big lebron defender for.
Speaker 5: A very long time.
Speaker 2: When do you move in to Philly?
Speaker 5: I'm not, I'm not. That's I have no interest.
Speaker 1: When are you moving to New York and commuting to Philly?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: When did your chopper?
Speaker 5: We'll talk about that. We'll talk about that John later. Okay, that John is like John for another time. Okay, we do.
Speaker 1: Joseph, did you bring dip?
Speaker 4: I told you what my dip was going to be if I did end up at the end of the segment, I have one more question?
Speaker 5: Can I ask one more question?
Speaker 1: Fine, dude, no dip. All questions?
Speaker 5: Well, it was my questions. Oh here's my real question.
Speaker 4: Why is everybody so certain that the post Kali Clippers are not even going to sniff the play in?
Speaker 1: Oh, they're going to sniff the play in.
Speaker 4: I haven't heard that, low low and everybody, like everything I've seen is they're going to be terrible.
Speaker 5: It's going to be awful.
Speaker 2: They're gonna releve twenty nine and a half or something.
Speaker 5: It was bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a little surprising.
Speaker 1: I mean the start, it's like the personnel, it's not I think I think Tylu is going to have a larger the Clippers over under twenty eight and a half.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm say say that is shocking.
Speaker 1: It is shocking. I can understand it because the uncertainty with when Yoni's coming back. He is on the court doing some kind of work. No boot in Switzerland will He's probably playing one on zero one of our other checkpoints. Guys have to hit that's air. You gotta start somewhere. You play the chair.
Speaker 5: Like it's cod.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. Style. Yeah, twenty nine is twenty eight and a half feels kind of low. But I think what I'm saying, I think Tyler is going to have a huge effect. I think people have decided that Tyler is a bad coach, which is incorrect, and I think that this season is gonna unfortunately, this this the season the Clippers are about to have, is going to remind people that he is a good coach because his coaching is going to win us some games next year. Not that it didn't last year, but all of us here I think are Tyler is a good coach.
Speaker 2: People Maybe people should look into the twenty one to twenty two seasons, so.
Speaker 1: That that was that was fifty years ago, Adam, how can we even find those?
Speaker 2: Math was off?
Speaker 5: But eight and thirty seven Marcus Morris mid Rangers to go. It was so long ago.
Speaker 1: It was like when Don when Doc would have injuries in his lineups and he would kind of have to throw something at the wall. It felt like it always worked. And I think that Tyler's in a similar situation where we're going to see him get to lock.
Speaker 5: In coach, actually have a plan and like really, and I.
Speaker 1: Think they'll win more than twenty nine games. That feels crazy.
Speaker 3: M hm, twenty nine feels that feels low.
Speaker 2: That's live, but they've had so many losing seasons lately.
Speaker 10: Like, come on, guys, I'd buy it now us So before Peyton Watson is signed, I would buy that over on twenty eight and a half the four Peyton wants and it's.
Speaker 1: Signed, we're eleventh last year. If we win twenty eight games.
Speaker 2: If Darius Garland's good to go, I'm feeling pretty confident.
Speaker 4: And by confident, Adam, we mean like eight, nine, ten, not seven, like not any Oh, yeah, it is eight probably the eight is the absolute Oh my god, they have achieved the crazy ceiling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, into it.
Speaker 5: Because we're losing the seven eight, is what you're saying.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean yeah, maybe yeah, Like because when you're a team that's the eighth seed, when teams in the plane, when it's a one game playoff, throw and throw all of your.
Speaker 1: Stats out of the window for the season. Yes, your team was a five hundred team. Basically that ship means nothing. Yes, I mean that in a good, fun, chaotic way. Well, what do you what would you take for the over for Clippers or for the wind total for Clippers?
Speaker 3: Wait, you mean I'm setting the line here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the line. I hope this gets back to Pablo.
Speaker 2: I like, what did you just say about his wife?
Speaker 3: Thirty five?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think thirty five.
Speaker 3: Going thirty five, I think thirty five and a half.
Speaker 5: You gotta make it at the midway.
Speaker 1: Point that that's still that would still be the eleventh seed last year, but close. Maybe that's not the worst thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess I could I could go thirty seven five maybe.
Speaker 5: Ooh, thirty seven and a half.
Speaker 2: I would have expected something more there, not twenty eight and a half or twenty.
Speaker 1: Eight and a half is crazy. That's like that kind of feels like easy money, right, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know that's what I'm saying like that.
Speaker 1: It feels way not promoting anyone, no one. Take our advice.
Speaker 5: If you are thinking about if.
Speaker 1: You are Charles Chuck Lockler telling you to smash that over, No, we're not saying that at all.
Speaker 4: Take out a second or hammered that over.
Speaker 1: Sell your your the CD player in your car and use that money. If you haven't seen D player in your car that you're willing to sell, you should actually take that bad because you need that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I think, yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: I think we're going to be kissing the nine to ten seats. Mm hmmm, We're gonna be in the mix.
Speaker 2: We probably still need some injury luck though, because right now Darius Garland like that's a little bit up in the air with that toe. We need we need seventy games.
Speaker 1: Some of the comments we only over forty two and a half summer sheep.
Speaker 3: Others are you think, I like where your heads that Clipper?
Speaker 4: There is he predicting and Michael Porter Junior trade to the Clippers what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Because Garland had he didn't. He wasn't playing back to backs then, right.
Speaker 5: He said had nine toes to end the season.
Speaker 4: That's what he said, and that press are after the after the Golden State loss, he was like, I got nine.
Speaker 5: Toes, man, it's not enough toes.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you guys know that that's not enough toes.
Speaker 3: It seems like plenty.
Speaker 1: I think it's situational. If you lose one toe and it's your big toe, absolutely you're you're short. But if you lose pinky.
Speaker 4: Pinky, go ahead, sorry, no, go, no, no, The pinky is actually just as important as the big toe in terms.
Speaker 1: Of balance, all right, I don't even okay, So we lose the one that has to back importance on balance, then it's like, who cares cut my middle toe off? We'll do it on the screen right now.
Speaker 3: I woke up tomorrow without a pinky toe, would I miss it?
Speaker 5: You'd fall.
Speaker 2: We also, we have to give the oldest sharks because you bet on the clippers. What a pink just yelling.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say, take the second to the last toe. You can't take my pinky. I need it for balance. Stack the last toe. You got it, my ringte.
Speaker 1: What do I do with my toe rings?
Speaker 2: What about that gift I got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can wear toe rings on any toe. It's not it's not. It's not as bining areas.
Speaker 5: I'll gain some weight and put it on my pinky.
Speaker 4: If I lose the ring toe just getting into gain someway.
Speaker 5: And put it on my pinky.
Speaker 1: That's what happ Why did you gain so much weight? I had to put a to.
Speaker 5: It was a gift. It was a gift.
Speaker 4: I also needed to know my moods that.
Speaker 1: The Clippers also they fortified their front court. They made a trade for a pick and Johnny Broom from the seventy six ers. Seventy six ers, how do we not open with this? Jeni, Jeni, excuse me? Clippers traded cash and nothing else for Jani Broom and a second round pick that should probably be investigated. His contract is guaranteed, so that means if he doesn't make the team, he'll need to be traded or his money will be on the Clippers books. Per law Murray, maybe they're adding them into some other trade once the Kawhi trade goes through. He's not a very good player, is my main issue with this trade.
Speaker 2: We're thin in the front court. Right now, we got to pick, and we got a pick a second did they.
Speaker 1: Disclose how much cash? Well, how much cash would you pay for a second round pick? Just a second? Person?
Speaker 3: Like this is coming out of my my bocket.
Speaker 1: Adam's over causey says, hey put a lot of aspiration stuff behind us. I'm sorry you're frustrated. I get it. How much would you pay right now for a second round pick?
Speaker 3: However much cash I have in my wallet?
Speaker 5: Three? He says.
Speaker 2: Done.
Speaker 3: If that's what I'm not giving it. I'm not giving him my banking information. He's not getting my card number, no, whatever you know, routing numbers.
Speaker 1: I'm subscribed to. How many NBA League Pass accounts?
Speaker 5: Now I got the package? What are you talking about? Four kal.
Speaker 1: Like this is like a big preseason for for jan I Broom because he could make the team. He's played in the G League. He should be a small translate one. I'll tell you what. His numbers are good in the G League, better than being bad.
Speaker 2: He's also a lefty, a little bit like Martin Nell.
Speaker 5: He's making the team.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think he's as good as Nick Martin.
Speaker 2: I wanted to see.
Speaker 12: The juice, the juice, Yeah right, no, but he has like a serious chance to maybe get some time.
Speaker 1: Our front court is incredibly thin.
Speaker 4: Hold on Splash Mountain, Isaiah Jackson and a returning and we have a center problem about talking about.
Speaker 2: The seven five Wemby that we got in webby Stopper Sharp from Toronto. That's right, and they were upset some fans. I saw a Reddit post.
Speaker 1: You know what, all right, I guess we're fine. Honestly, let's take that over forty three. Yannick should take his time. Thought seriously that that that's totally fine.
Speaker 2: Joseph, how do people not realize that Lebron is still a top twenty five player in the league, and maybe higher than that in a playoff setting after he just got that Lakers team out of the first round. I get they just hate him.
Speaker 4: I think that that's number one. I think the just general hatred of him and his story and and him being more or less shoved down people's throats by ESPN and other outlets for his entire career, like no fault of his own, right. I think it's also the fact that he's always on page one of a book, and when he is rapping along to a song that he's listening to. He never knows the words, so there's a lot of like disingenuous.
Speaker 1: Why did he double.
Speaker 5: He doubled down on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like people always think I'm lying. I said that to a.
Speaker 1: Friend eighty one points thing. Yeh, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Here's book the tweet.
Speaker 1: I respect it, dude, that's awesome. I do the same thing.
Speaker 5: I work in mental health and I'm not out, but I do want to say.
Speaker 4: The immense pressure that he experienced as a teenage boy could lead to some sort of disingenuous aspects of his personality to compensate for what he felt like he lost.
Speaker 3: The fact that he's not like a full on narcissist.
Speaker 5: It's crazy. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: He has an argument for greatest American of all time, and I genuinely stand by that.
Speaker 3: Who's second, damn what greatest American? Yeah, Tom Cruise.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not going that he was born on the fourth of July. Dude, I get that, but he has to No, let's not. We're not putting him it too. He has a giant issue. I love of Tom Cruise's movies and as the president of movies.
Speaker 3: You have to separate religion from the state. That's the United States.
Speaker 1: But they're not a religion. You got to separate church and state. Brother, he's all state. No, No, we can't. We literally can't. Oh that's so funny. He's probably one. Yeah, two, I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's there's where you're gonna go a whole colgame there.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, not a god.
Speaker 2: Just because he had the stupid song.
Speaker 1: Obviously I was gonna say the man Randy Savage, but he might be Canadian Ultimate Warriors. No, he's American. No, he watched I Love America war.
Speaker 2: British Bulldogs get out of here.
Speaker 3: Since we're talking Greatest full time, who do you think will finish more? Who will finish more healthy playoff series in their career? Jowell Embiid or.
Speaker 1: Probably Joel Embiid just because he's gonna get some more. Yannick has two years before they're in a playoff series?
Speaker 4: How many?
Speaker 3: How many series has Embiden not missed a game in?
Speaker 1: Though? I mean, why are we shooting on Embiid?
Speaker 4: I'm just saying future Clipper Joel Embiid, by the way, don't dude.
Speaker 2: Also played for Team USA. Great American don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, he's on the list. He's not in the probably not in the top ten. Your guys, the top ten, freak top ten. I don't. He's missed a fair amount, but I think he's hurt. Every playoffs series is the issue because I think Janick is going to play in one or two play in situations that might not go.
Speaker 3: That counts as a series.
Speaker 4: Those stats are not as the greatest playing player of all time.
Speaker 1: I guess Yannick. The Clippers have like kind of a lot riding on y being decent at least a starter in the India.
Speaker 3: And hopefully healthy. Yeah, hopefully, if not most of the time.
Speaker 4: Sign Peyton Watson step one playing with the five, signed the big Serbian step two.
Speaker 5: And by that, I mean.
Speaker 1: We know what you mean, we got that. Yeah, okay, yeah, I don't think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I made it clear. So Peyton Watson plays in Denver, but sitting here might be close.
Speaker 1: I am realizing, like Yanick, like really, him being good is uh that's a big thing for the next couple of seasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't worried about him being good. Worried about him being healthy this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to know what those workouts are that he's doing already.
Speaker 1: Well, not no workouts he's doing.
Speaker 2: That would be impressive to me.
Speaker 3: On that injured foot.
Speaker 1: Let me check because I thought he posted it on Twitter. He's just taking one handed free throws from a Recliners playing murder ball. It's like, my David Buster's getting the workout in. We're like, you're at what. I don't know. That's not true.
Speaker 5: That's Papa shot, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what's the app deal? Yeah, I don't know. I'm assuming it's just like form slow form drills would be my guess because the Clippers are also, there's no way they don't know what he's doing on court. Of course, that video of Wemby almost tearing his acl in that soccer game, did y'all see that? No, dude, He's like playing pickup soccer in San Antonio, I think, and like someone crosses it to him and it's a little out of his reach and he extends the kick and then he goes down on his knee. It's just an awkward fall, you know what I mean? And like, I don't think anything that.
Speaker 5: I am the Spurs. I am on the phone immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the Steelers had to Yeah, there was like, I can't remember who played for the Steelers who had a don't drive your motorcycle clause in his contract Roethlisberger.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, yes.
Speaker 1: And then he drove it and he crashed it.
Speaker 2: Jeff can't had that.
Speaker 5: Another complicated American.
Speaker 1: Not on the list, not on my list. Not complicated either. I think pretty cut and dry.
Speaker 5: America.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Joseph, do you have a dip?
Speaker 5: Let me go get it?
Speaker 3: Grab mine too?
Speaker 1: Can we take a quick technical difficulty at a mile fucking vamp?
Speaker 3: You can vamp.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm literally the kitchen.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do the honorable thing and admit I didn't bring one and not try to whip one up all of a sudden like these two guys appreciate.
Speaker 5: Okay, are you ready?
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 5: Because I have Adam, thank you. So I'm gonna show.
Speaker 1: Joseph real quick. So sorry. Uh for those of you new to the show, if you're listening and you miss the live, hey find us at YouTube dot com, slush at Clippers podcast. We do a dip in the off seasons. We are called clips and dip. When we started, we did not do this, and then we got thousands of letters delivered via post person, delivered via pigeon. It was a lot. So we've added a dip. Sometimes we make it at home, sometimes we buy one, and we do recommendations. It's based on the name Joseph. You are the guest. What is your dip? And would you bring it to a barbecue.
Speaker 9: So the answer to the second question is no, unless my sweet precious Angel, my sweet baby Jerry was there so little little context. My dog has no teeth, okay, which makes eating food difficult.
Speaker 5: So for this week is kibble mush okay. So what you do is.
Speaker 4: You take some kibble, you soak it in some water for a long time, you blend it in a blender.
Speaker 5: You'll put that slop in a bowl. You add a little fresh pet on top.
Speaker 1: My dog.
Speaker 3: You do this, we're just wet over, just regular wet.
Speaker 4: Food because you need the nutritional like fibrous grit.
Speaker 5: Got it of kibble.
Speaker 3: I wasn't criticized and I was just legitimately asking.
Speaker 6: Sweet Angel, okay, he needs.
Speaker 1: Do you have a gofund me? Are you doing this for cash? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Chuck and I talked about this earlier. Let me do my human one. I mean, I'll go get my dap. Give me a second, Give me a second.
Speaker 1: Okay, does anyone have a dip for humans? Clips? Some human dip? I do?
Speaker 4: I have the wonderful, the beautiful organic times.
Speaker 3: This is I think you brought ketchup on this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is ketchup part two. Bro Okay, moving on, Adam.
Speaker 2: What is soiled? I told you I'm coming clean, just saying I forgot my bad.
Speaker 1: Will. What did you bring?
Speaker 3: Charles? Do you have nothing?
Speaker 1: Hell? No, dude, I have a great I have a great story behind my selection.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, yeah, I'll go. Let me just let me go back into the want me to go? No, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 13: Okay, I've been prepping this all day long. His horse, all right, wow, big house here in what was a thousand steps?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: So my dip is from an Italian brand called Cola Vita.
Speaker 1: This is a.
Speaker 3: This is a pet like an Italian red pepper paste kind of a dip. And you can really you can add a little olive oil to it. You can like really make it like a loose dip. It can be like a little chunkier of a situation too. And then this bread, I kind of want to I don't. I kind of want to gatekeep this. My instinct is the gatekeep this, but I'm not going to.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: This is a sour dough chibata that you get at John's. It's from a place called Monte Bakery. It comes into big slabs, so you do have to cut the pieces out yourself. It's one of the best fucking rets I've ever had. It's it's incredible, it's it's it's it's a lovely bread. So anyways, I'll dip, I'll dip a little.
Speaker 2: That in this.
Speaker 1: Would you bring it to the barbecue?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: This bread?
Speaker 2: You bring the dip to the barbecue?
Speaker 1: Love it? That's great. Shout out John's. Also, John's has a wonderful brandy selection.
Speaker 3: They have the best prices on herbs of any and their bakery is really good.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I got a recommendation from listener Chris Son who saw me at a Dodgers game and then emailed the Clips and Dip podcast to ask if I was at that Dodgers game and I said yes, And he told me that the deli sandwich chips at Trader Joe's were back in stock, so I was like, never shop there, I'll check it out. I got those and I got the Pomento cheese dip from Trader Joe's because I was there. The chips are phenomenal.
Speaker 14: They smell crazy, they they smell not good, honestly, like Durian.
Speaker 1: It's just it's kind of like it's just a lot the chip. Again, the chips are delicious, the seasoning is wonderful. There's a heavy deal presence, but they smell crazy, they're delicious, and this dip is phenomenal. I think I brought this dip to a barbecue before, but the Deli sandwich chip and the pimento dip is on I would say unbeatable at Trader Joe's. So that would be that would be where I'm going with this, so we.
Speaker 3: Have It was also a good place to go for dips because they're they're a snack grocery store.
Speaker 1: They're not food. Trader Joe's is a grocery store for children, and I mean that, yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: Great place. It just doesn't have parking lots.
Speaker 1: It does a horrible butcher The meat there isn't is terrible to dude. I've been to multiple Trader shows and the butcher is laughable. And yes, Alex Webb, we will never forget Robert Flom dipping paper and soy sauce. So we were two for four on well, two for three on dips. Thank you to Adam for being honorable. Who was the one who missed you?
Speaker 2: You missed so badly? You weren't included in the percentage.
Speaker 1: No, you were, Adam, You were respectfully not included in them.
Speaker 2: I accused myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to get more formal with this.
Speaker 2: We should wear robes when we do this distal.
Speaker 1: You are, dude, it's been two weeks. You could have taken a video last week.
Speaker 4: If you're eaten the dip his protein powder, yogurt, honey dip or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whoa, that sounds great.
Speaker 2: I've had a lot of chips and walk from.
Speaker 5: I'm not making it to the barbecue.
Speaker 1: It might well, it's not making it right because it's so delicious.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I might do an off site dip recording, just like uh, just one that we have to just play during an episode. God, that would be so stupid. I might do it at a restaurant filming the dip. Yeah, someone saying, never seen a butcher at TJ's. Do I mean the carnas aria. There's also not a carnas aria at Trader Joe's.
Speaker 5: What I don't know. That's not bad. I mean that's that's not good.
Speaker 1: I just mean the meat, and the meat in general is not very good quality of meat. It's not a large section.
Speaker 5: It's not bad compared to what are you? What's going on? Where are you?
Speaker 1: The meat at Vaughn's is infinitely better than the.
Speaker 2: Never seen a butcher there? And I agree with that. God just show up, are you Trader Joe's.
Speaker 1: Open your car door. I got the meat. I would, honestly if there was a guy at Trader Joe's, the Trader Joe's Silver Lake in the trunk going, I got a better selection than them there, I'd be like, let me go in there, and then if I don't get anything, I'm gonna check it out.
Speaker 5: And I think that you're gonna take a trunk, Rabbi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if there's dry ice in the trunk, for.
Speaker 5: Sure, I'm talking just trunk, just trunk, Rabbi.
Speaker 1: What's it wrapped?
Speaker 3: Is it hot? Aged?
Speaker 2: Hot?
Speaker 5: Age. What is it wrapped in foil?
Speaker 1: Oh foil, I'm probably out. Foyle's got me.
Speaker 3: All the people saying that, like Trader Joe's, we're talking butcher specifically grocery store. I'm talking just the meat selection isn't bad.
Speaker 5: At Trader joe you're saying.
Speaker 1: It's not bad.
Speaker 3: You you can't even go as far.
Speaker 5: As I eat it. It's the best. It's not the best. I've never gotten a wagyu steak.
Speaker 1: We're not talking.
Speaker 4: I've gotten nice. I've gotten a nice, well marbled Trader dres before I've had it.
Speaker 5: It's good.
Speaker 3: It's even the way you said it, isn't that.
Speaker 5: No, I don't, I'm not. I'm not going for the brons.
Speaker 3: To the chicken sausages. The Trader Joe's are good. They have like a million different flavors, are really good. Yeah, that's something got meat, not red meat.
Speaker 2: That's me.
Speaker 1: Chicken ate meat.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, dude, take your Montana attitude out of here.
Speaker 1: Bro Bro, all right, we have to get out of here. Do we have any other thoughts on the Clippers offering lebron to No, I'm just kidding. Will. Where can people who maybe listen to this episode, and if you listen to this whole episode, send us an email at Shavings dot podcast at gmail dot com because kudos to you.
Speaker 3: Okay, Alex Webb, I'm saying, Okay, Alex web says, h mar is the best, which is absolutely true, like the best, the best meat.
Speaker 1: Selection, wonderful meat selection of marinated that's good stuff. We'll save a lot of this for the Patreon which doesn't exist yet. But we talk about movies, and we will talk about uh more before we'll talk about more dip. We'll talk about grocery store meat.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you can listen to this podcast wherever you get your podcasts. If you have to listen over on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, leave a little rate in your review helps us out. Of course. The best place to watch to listen to this watch this is over at YouTube dot com Slashack Clippers podcast.
Speaker 1: Adam one positive thing for these fans as we maybe come back next week and probably the week after that.
Speaker 2: I think there's a pretty good chance they can end with Peyton Watson. I don't think Joseph's crazy about that.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: They might actually need to coat trade to go through first so they can get those two first round picks and use one of them, but.
Speaker 1: A formality at this point. Surely in fact that.
Speaker 2: No one else has traded for him yet, at least me to believe that the Clippers have a shot to get Peyton Watson. It's a decent one.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that a lot. Thank you Joseph for joining the stream. You have nothing to promote.
Speaker 5: Correct, Yeah, so so I have. I have two parting thoughts here. Yeah, yeah, yeah, one one.
Speaker 2: Minutes ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did number one.
Speaker 4: Ramona Shelburne reported that the Raptors were fully committed to completing the trade.
Speaker 5: We'll fucking do it, you cowards. Two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nothing stopping them.
Speaker 15: Yeah, to just say yes, guys, to leave comments in the chat if I just joined Blue Sky, and I'll read him, and that will decide whether or not I go back on social media.
Speaker 1: You're gonna let three comments dictate if you join Blue Two.
Speaker 2: If I get two yes's, by the time you get there may be a ghost town. Just know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the.
Speaker 2: People start one of these and they all try to migrate over there. They don't last that long.
Speaker 1: I think I think the only people on Blue Sky live in Portland, Oregon. I think it's only people from Portland on Blue Sky.
Speaker 8: Guys, I'll talk to my friends, all right.
Speaker 1: We'll be back everyone. Have a great rest of your weekend and thanks for hanging out and yeah, let's go. Clips