Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have. This teen is really becoming a family. Let's not play one on Tom.
Speaker 2: Let's wind it.
Speaker 3: I love writing me these guys after the show.
Speaker 4: So just thank you, give me are your attention, your fire and not a pisson.
Speaker 5: This is world champion, Dodger, world champion.
Speaker 4: Thing he put a.
Speaker 5: Small soft time they get up people what they want to.
Speaker 2: Die to in a row two is special.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache.
Speaker 1: One of a con.
Speaker 6: This ball's gone. You ready to go?
Speaker 5: Hell time go to the sud grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven and go to the show. And now your host of Dodger Talk, David Vasse.
Speaker 6: We are live at Peco Park in San Diego after the Dodgers hold on for an eight to seven win in ten innings. Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vase with you until eleven thirty tonight, taking your phone calls at eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. A fun game tonight either way Dodgers win, Dodgers lose. This was a very entertaining game. Tonight, four different lead changes and the one that matters the most the final score eight to seven and ten innings. Kirby eights with the win. Tanner Scott gets his twelfth save of the season. I love the at bats from the Dodgers, especially against Nick Pivetta tonight. They came out aggressive, especially in that third inning. You saw a lot of first pitch swinging and that's when they did their damage. Mookie Betts was our pregame guest today and we talked about him getting back to what made Mookie Betts the superstar. That he is being aggressive early in the count, swinging at the first pitch if it's a good one, and pulling for power. And despite Mookie only having one hit tonight, I thought his at bats were fantastic. I hope he keeps it going. I hope he continues to be aggressive early in the count. And by the way, since Mookie Betts came back after missing four games, he's hitting five hundred and he had the first home run for the Dodgers in a handful of games yesterday in Saint Louis. So I like what I'm seeing from Mookie Bets. Freddie Freeman three more hits Tonight. I thought Hay Sun Kim came up with one of the bigger hits of the game time the game in the fifth inning against Matt Suey, the lefty to score monthsie and that took us to extra inning. So I really like what I saw from the Dodger offense. And it's not surprising, right these two teams who really have not been playing their best baseball. The Padres have been struggling as well. The Dodgers offense a little inconsistent, especially with runners in scoring position, especially against the opposition starting pitchers. These two teams brought the best out of each other, and I'm not I feel confident in saying this. This is probably the best game the Padres have played in a few weeks. And certainly the Dodgers got back on the right track yesterday, but this was the best I'd seen them, probably since the Yankee series at Dodger Stadium. And how fun is the last two weeks have been of Dodger baseball, going back to that Yankee series, the four games against the Mets and this series against the Padres. There's four more coming up at Dodger Stadium. This has been really as entertaining and exciting and as up as you can be for regular season baseball in the month of the end of May beginning of June. It has been really fun. And I know there's been some disappointment and frustrations at times, but I can't think of another Dodger team that has been this entertaining and has brought so much attention to regular season games at this part of the season than this Dodger team. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. I see you. We will get to you, but first let's head downstairs to hear from the manager, Dave Roberts on Sports at La Resilience.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 7: It wasn't a pretty game, to be quite honest, you know, but we found a way to win, got some hits when we needed to, made some pitches when we needed to, and you know, here against this ball club will take take it anyway we can get it.
Speaker 6: What were you seeing from dustin May? What do you think is kind of kept him off balanced throughout this one?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think that, you know, I think it's fair to say that I think emotions were part of it. I think that trying to manage his emotions internally. You know, this is the first big ball game that he's pitching in quite some time as far as kind of on the road in this type of environment where you've got to sort of manage emotions, And for me, it was kind of the strike throwing. The command clearly wasn't there, and it was good to see him find his way. And I felt that his last two innings were his best innings and that's the thing I'm really proud of and the fact that you know, you could have waived the white flag and you know, had to really tax our pen, but he found a way to get through five innings and put us in a position to win the game tonight as well as win a series. So for me, that was my message to him on the growth part of it. But it overall, sir, sure wasn't great.
Speaker 2: Talking about the atmosphere. Did it feel like you were back in October?
Speaker 7: You know, I just think that the fans, certainly, they're always into it. You get two good ball clubs. I think the way you saw Mike manage and with some urgency and kind of the moves and I wouldn't say playoff game, but it was it was intense. It was fun out there.
Speaker 8: Boost has been just having Amy b in this he's been in the last month and a half for you offission less.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, you know, it's been great.
Speaker 7: We have obviously have our you know, cemented, solidified stars, but also to have a young player now you can kind of expect contribution from and he's doing it consistently getting big hits. Moment doesn't get too big, and it just adds at length where you know, a lot of times they're going to pitch around some of those guys at the top of the order, but you need some guys to get big hits, and and he's continued to do that, and he's got a good, good pulse.
Speaker 6: Andy Pajz came up with a big hit in the tent thinning, a go ahead RBI in the tent thinning to break the tie, and then Tommy Edmund came up with a huge base it up the middle for a huge insurance run that proved to be the difference in the game because Tanner Scott gave up a run with the place runner at second base double to Jackson Merrill. And you know, maybe the biggest pitch he made was a questionable call from Mike Esterbrook. It was called a strike three on Manny Machado, but if you go back and look at it, it was borderline at best and probably ball four. But the Dodgers will take it. You need some of those breaks in a close game. And Dave Roberts is right, Mike Shildt took Nick Pavetta out of the game because the pitch count. The Dodgers got it up after four innings. He had thrown ninety three pitches and certainly credit the Dodger offense for forcing Pavetta to throw thirty one of those ninety three in the first inning alone. Eight six, six, seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Fountain Valley. Mike. You're on Dodger Talk Live from San Diego.
Speaker 1: Hi, Mike, Hi, David Danks for taking my call. Uh oh boy, what a stretch. Well, we're about to finish up this stretch of twenty nine games against playoff games, and you know we're still two games in first that's you know, that's saying a lot right now. But consistent hitting and clutch hitting tonight. But like like Dave Roberts said, Dustin May needs to manage his emotions. But this is like the biggest series right now of the year, and he throws fifty strikes. I mean, what is he doing in between starts? Is he throwing his regular bullpen session?
Speaker 6: Mike, I think it goes back to the emotions that Dustin May has. He tried to control those emotions maybe a little bit too much tonight. I thought that was going to be an issue tonight. I asked Dave Roberts about it before the game, and he talked about it just now postgames. So a lot of times, you know, Mike and Fountain Valley or David on Dodger Talk. You know, we're not pitching coaches year. I'm not going to get into pitching mechanics because that's out of my classification. But I know people, and I know pitchers, and I know demeanors, I know body language, and it just seemed like, uh, whatever he was trying to do to manage those emotions, it wasn't working because he wasn't just misfiring high or inside. He was misfiring all over the place. So, uh yeah, I just think that you got to give Dustin May some credit for going five innings despite all that.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly so, and that's where the rebound, you know, after what was it after the fifth inning? We kept the Potters scoreless until the tenth inning.
Speaker 6: So yeah, Anthony Bonda came in big for two scoreless innings after Dustin May came out. I thought he came up big faced the bottom of the order and also got the top of the order out as well. That was a huge bridge to the back end of the game.
Speaker 1: And then one more question and I'm done, But I didn't get to watch the game yesterday. Did Michael Kopek get to pitch?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he pitched in the ninth inning and was hitting ninety seven miles an hours. So that's a good sign. So Copeck and Kirby Yates being back part of this Dodger bullpen is huge. Now you got Banda, you got Vessia, you got Dryer, you got Caspiraus, you got Yates, you got Copeck, you got Tanner Scott. That's a lot different than what we saw last week at Dodger Stadium. Let's go out to Las Vegas. Sergio. You're on Dodger Talk Live from Peco Park.
Speaker 3: Hi Sergio, Hey David, thanks for taking the call. A great game by Will Smith. The bullpen pod has came through. I was telling that your screen and I was kind of cracking or tracking Dust and May's pitches today, and even even on the TV broadcast, we're saying that his usage of the sweepers up this year over forty percent. And I noticed that he had really good results when he threw the forcing fastball. But I'm looking at my chart here, first thing, only two second and only three thirty only three? Why is he Why is the four seamer his usage so low this year?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a great question. Tonight he only threw it thirteen times, and he threw that sweeper forty times. The pitch that he loves to throw is that sinker. That's the fastball that he likes to throw. That's a great question. Maybe I'll ask him for you, Sergio and get the answer. But I don't have the answer right now. I could tell you this, like in I remember talking to him during the Freeway series. He loves that sweeper pitch against lefties because it runs in on him. So I can only imagine that, you know, he thought that that was a good pitch against Merrill and Gavin Sheets and Cronenworth and Wade. Maybe that's the reason why and arise. So there were a lot of lefties in the lineup tonight. Maybe that's what the pitch he thought he could neutralize those lefties with. But he he was just all over the place with his pitches today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he got it out five innings for us. I mean at this point, that's what we need. At least he get five to six from the starter to get to the pen. Amazing job by Banda, two innings. The whole bullpen did a great job today.
Speaker 9: Thanks BV.
Speaker 6: All right, Sergie, I'll get that answer for you. And look, yeah, he gave the Dodgers five innings. But again, I think we always undersell the Dodger offense. And when I talk about being spoiled, we're spoiled because we see this Dodger offense every night. But the reality is it's an offense opposing pitchers don't want to see. And yeah, sometimes they don't perform up to our levels of expectations or what they've done the entire season. But the Dodgers scored eight runs tonight. The offense won this game, and so did the bullpen.
Speaker 2: Tonight.
Speaker 6: Let's go out to Saint Louis. Mike, you're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 10: Mike, I was shaking Dave that Mahados.
Speaker 6: Can I just say something, Mike, Uh before you continue, Can I just say that I am very excited to be in San Diego over being in Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: Oh, good for you bro.
Speaker 3: Out that Maddy Machado made a second base He just showed up out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: It was weird.
Speaker 6: Uh, which one are you talking about.
Speaker 10: When he when when they had that weird play when they the ball was.
Speaker 6: They lost in the lights and it just dropped.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, the other one at at second base.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to which one that was. But that was so weird. What was the issue.
Speaker 10: Because he he came like, I don't think most third basemen would be there.
Speaker 6: He seems he shift. Yeah, they pinched. They get as close as they can behind second base, you know, they get as close as they can to pinch up the middle. And there were a couple of different plays when there was a left hander up and Machada would be playing around the shortstop area. That's where he was when that ball dropped. They couldn't see it.
Speaker 11: Okay, I was watching, I'm like, where the hell did that guy come from? So, yeah, explanation.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, No.
Speaker 6: Problem, Mike, thanks for the phone call. Yeah, And there was another play where there many was the base runner at second base. There were two outs, a ground ball hit by uh I believe it was Merrill in that inning where Manny Machada was at second base and he tried to screen out Mookie Betts when he was actually was in the first inning. Yeah, first inning, Gavin Sheets HiT's a ground ball to Mookie Bets. Alright, Sorry, it was Bogarts. Bogarts hit the groundball to Mookie Bets, and Machado, being Manny Machado, was trying to screen out Mooky Bets on that play. Mooky did not flinch. He was able to make a strong throw to Freddie Freeman to get the final out of that first inning. But on the way back from right field, ta Oscar Hernandez and Manny Machado had a few words with each other because ta Oscar saw him try to screen Mookie Bets right there. So just a little inside inside of the game that I was picking up in that first inning eight six sixne eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk. When we come back, we'll hear from Will Smith and Tanner Scott, and we'll take more of your phone calls at eight sixty six nine, eight seven two five seventy plus. You'll hear from Tony Gonsolin and what the Dodgers are going to do to plug his spot in the rotation, because he is not going to be out just days, but it's weeks with that right elbow discomfort. You'll hear from Tony, and we'll let you hear from Dave roberts on who may take that spot in the short term. As the Dodgers go through this stretch of games without Blake Snell, without Roki Sazaki, and without Tyler Glassnell. But they hold on tonight eight to seven and ten innings over the padres on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy LA sports dot com, hand on the iHeartRadio app Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 4: Freddy Freeman also tagged in advance, going from second to third, so he's ninety feet away, only one out. Will Smith at the plague first pitch, hitting the air to left field on.
Speaker 2: The warning track.
Speaker 6: At the ball, it's gone.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers have come out swinging.
Speaker 6: First pitch swing in Hollywood's swinging in that third inning by the Dodgers, a two run home run by Will Smith. He drove in three runs tonight to help the Dodgers beat the Padres in ten innings, eight to seven. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast go to AM five to seventy. LA sports dot Com used the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next game. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. By the way, I wish the Dodgers would have taken the lead in the eighth inning, only for the baseball gods to really make Adrian Mora Hoone pay for being so cocky. After Shoho Tani hit a comebacker to him, he kind of shrugs, said, oh all right, I got you, Otani, and then proceeded to throw the ball away and O'tani noticed it and was aggressive going all the way to second base. I would have loved for the Dodgers to score the goal ahead run in that eighth inning. Mike Schilt made a smart move because Mora Hone versus Mookie Betts was not a good matchup, so he walked Mooki intentionally and Freddie Freeman struck out to end the eighth inning. But that would have been sweet as well. Let's head downstairs right now to hear from Dodger catcher Will Smith on sports Net LA.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's it's always fun games. You know, a great environment. You know a lot of talented baseball players out there competing each other.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, just a lot of fun.
Speaker 10: That has been excellent for them as of late.
Speaker 8: Just how are you able to get to him early and really kind of set the tone in this Onnesday?
Speaker 12: Yeah, we're able to get guys on. You're going to keep pressure on him and he had to make some pitches. We were able to xcute trod guys in and yeah, we just did a good.
Speaker 8: Job being able to answer back a couple of times. Really, Like, how big is that? Especially at the start of a series. Like this where there is going to be heightened emotions.
Speaker 2: And that sort of thing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's huge. You know, they did it to us as well. So going back and forth a little bit early, beating up on the starters, you know, teammate was struggling a little bit, but uh, was able to get through five innings.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's just kind of a fun game. It's kind of how it went. And uh, you know we went on top.
Speaker 10: You feel like you just picked my back up from last October first three innings.
Speaker 2: Like the way he was back and forth, it was just no, he felt like another game in June.
Speaker 8: What were the relievers doing so well to kind of string together zeros there late?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were.
Speaker 12: They were just executing next sekuing their pitches, keeping guys of balance.
Speaker 2: And uh, you know they did a really good job. You seeing from Dustin today, Yeah.
Speaker 12: Uh, he was just struggling with execution, you know, fall behind and counts. Didn't really seem like he ever found a fuel for anything. You know that that happens. But he was able to keep us in the ball game and go out there and compete, eat up a couple of innings, five innings, and uh, you know, keep us there.
Speaker 6: All right. There's Will Smith on sports net LA, a guy that just keeps it even keel. Never gets too high and never gets too low. He's just Will Smith. You know there's a Mendoza line for hitters, you know below above the Mendoza line two hundred. I'd say there's a Will Smith tone as far as interviews go. He's he's the baseline and he never gets too high. He never gets too low. You either got to go way above on the spectrum on Will, or you gotta go way below. But he's always consistent. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Padres tonight eight to seven in ten innings. Let's go out to my neighborhood, Woodland Hills a mirror. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing a.
Speaker 10: Mere good Dave, how you doing? Thanks for taking my call. I had one comment and one question I wanted to say. I really like what Bandit did out there tonight, going two innings and relief. I feel like he's kind of building confidence in the last you know week. Guys were getting on him early in the season when he was having a little trouble, so it was good to see him, uh, you know, pitch two innings in that spot. And then my.
Speaker 1: Question is, do you know.
Speaker 10: What the timelines are for our bullpen for when we're fully healthy, like when we get Graderol trying in. Is there a chance we get one healthy? When would that be?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a great question. There's no guarantees either one are going to come back, but if they do, it'll be the second half of the season a mirror.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 10: And and for Emma Sheenan when he got when he comes back, is he going to be used primarily as a starter.
Speaker 6: Yes, he will be. And I'm glad you asked because Dave Roberts kind of filled us in on who might take Tony Gonsolin's spot in the rotation. And thank you for the phone. Here here's what Dave Roberts had to say when I asked him. With Tony Gonsolin out now for the foreseeable future, and Glass now, Blake Snell and Roki Sazaki not coming back in the next couple of weeks, who is going to take that spot in the rotation?
Speaker 7: We've got the bullpen game tomorrow. Robo is gonna fill in obviously, and he's doing fine, and then we got an off day to kind of keep guys with the extra day, So I think we'll be fine. But as far as that last spot, we'll kind of see where we go. Without he's coming, he's competation's gonna pitch this week. He was three plus a few days ago, so he's gonna go this week, and the plan is to get him through four innings. So if he can do that, then he's sort of going to be a viable conversation.
Speaker 6: There we go. Yeah, he's in the conversation for sure. And Blake Snell is going to throw a bullpen session here in San Diego tomorrow. Whatever you saw on social media was a little misleading. Snell did not throw a bullpen session at Dodger Stadium when the team was in Saint Louis. He was throwing off the mound, but they were ten throws, he told me with the catcher standing up. Tomorrow is going to be his first bullpen session since the Dodgers shut him down with that left shoulder issue and show Heyo Tani is scheduled to throw a simulated game here around two o'clock in the afternoon at Petco Park. Eight six, six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Padres tonight eight to seven in ten innings. Speaking of Tony, Gonsolin had a chance to talk to Tony for the first time since we got worried that he was going on the injured list with inflammation right elbow discomfort. Here's what Tony had to say. They're shutting him down from throwing, and you know it's going to take a while for him to build back up, and you can imagine the disappointment in him after missing so much time then re then entering is back in spring training and now this here's what Tony had to say before the game.
Speaker 13: Yeah, nothing, We had to shut it down. Definitely felt it wasn't nothing, So maybe that was something.
Speaker 2: To be alerted about or to cause.
Speaker 13: The attention to We brought attention to whatever, But ultimately, like velocity was still good, it was still climbing. And then this year, you know, I feel like I've been holding my VLO well throughout the outings. It's been a tick up of where it's been in the past few years, and I was just hopefully taking that as something positive that everything's okay in there. Ultimately, how I'm feeling is just like I feel like I'm letting the team down. I feel like those are innings that I should be eating up. And you know, it's baseball. It happens. Injuries happen. Just really sucks. I'm very frustrated after all the time I've spent strengthening and going through all that. You know, then I had my back and then now now this, I'm just very frustrated with where my body's at and that is not holding together as of Brad now. So yeah, just trying to get through it. Hopefully this isn't too long and come back feeling stronger and finish to the year strong and into playoffs. I think the fact that it was so aggy post start is like big fan like I thought, maybe there's like a little tear in it, but I'm glad there's there's nothing.
Speaker 6: All right. There's Tony Gonsolin before today's game speaking to me and a couple of other beat riders there. He is out for weeks, uh, not throwing the baseball, which means it's going to take him time to build up. So we're talking post All Star break. If Tony Gonsolin comes back this season. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to see me. Valley Ben, You're on Dodger Talk Live from San Diego.
Speaker 14: Hi Ben, Hi, David, thank you for taking my good victorious victory tonight. I always look forward to these matchups, and you've talked about before. How you know Jason Hayward is the It will be a good veteran presence in that San Diego locker room. Disappointed I didn't get to see him tonight. I don't know if he's injured or what, but he needs to Oh yeah, okay, Well I think he needs to have a sit down with that outfield er Lockridge because that ball, that pot has hit and the tenth inning looked like it could have been caught. Maybe that Lockridge took a bad lead on the ball.
Speaker 10: Do you think about that.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure why he broke in. I mean that was over his head for sure. It seemed like there was a lot of issues out there in left field earlier in the game. They lost the ball, and I don't know the lights, the twilight, there was no clouds in the sky tonight, so yeah, it was fortunate for the Dodgers, but very strange whatever was happening out there in left field. Thanks for the phone call, Ben appreciated. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Kirby Yates got the winning relief for the Dodgers. Tanner Scott got his twelfth save of the year. He was able to go through the heart of the Padres order without giving back the two runs the Dodgers scored in the top of the tenth inning. Yes, Jackson Merrill doubled home the place runner at second base, but he was able to get Manny Machado on what Machado thought was ball four. Let's head downstairs right now to hear from the former Padre who got the save against his former team and now wearing a Dodger uniform. He's on Sports ned La Tanner Scott speaking to the media.
Speaker 2: Uh, it was just another game.
Speaker 12: I mean I take every game the same way, and I mean it was my former team, so that I don't work.
Speaker 2: With Manny And what were you trying to do with that last pitch, striker.
Speaker 12: Uh, I was trying to come out with it and luckily it worked out in my favor.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't have anything else on the back door. If that's what if that's what you want to think ahead.
Speaker 8: Like fiing on FOSA or playing for both these teams recently, Like do these games kind of carrying added importance to you or even just a heightened intensity like when you're going through the day or just being out there, you know what, the kind of crowds they get that.
Speaker 2: Sort of I mean definitely. I mean it's our rival.
Speaker 12: I mean, any any team that plays Arrival, there's always a little added intensity.
Speaker 2: And uh yeah, we got out with the win.
Speaker 6: Hey, that was big for Tanner Scott and I feel like his season turned on the last home stand. He gave up a couple of go ahead runs in the tenth inning to the Mets. The Dodgers were in the same situation the very next game. Dave Roberts did not hesitate to bring Tanner Scott back in the tenth inning to face the heart of the Mets lineup. He struck out Soto, he struck out Alonso, and he got Brandon Nimmo to pop up to give the Dodgers the opportunity. On that night that Freddie Freeman hit the walk off double to win the game. And uh, I'm going I know I've been jokingly taking credit for firing up Tanner Scott, but there was another teammate that helped boost his confidence. It's all about confidence with some of these guys. You may think that their confidence is always at an all time high. Look they're humans too. They have highs and lows. A teammate and uh, I'm not provy to say who it was, but found a way to get Tanner Scott's confidence back to where it belongs, and he reminded him of who he was last year. It may come out it may not, but it wasn't. It wasn't me. It was a teammate. Obviously. Let's go out to Newport Beach. Ken. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse hi Ken.
Speaker 1: Hello, David.
Speaker 11: If somebody would have called me up, you know, so I got some said go friends, and they would have said, hey, your starting pitcher gave up six runs, six sys and four locks and three innings and your your two big guys, Hernandez and Otani. Again no RBIs and no hits for Hernandez, he's short hitting one hundred.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 6: You love bringing that up. Recently. You love bringing up my guy tales in a slump.
Speaker 11: Because it's amazing that the Dodgers won this game. They won this game with the bottom of their lineup. And by the way, mana Minchildad's got thirteen errors and nobody brought that up. So that was one of the most amazing games because the bottom of the lineup won the game. And your superstars are not ready yet, and it was an incredible game and an important game.
Speaker 6: What are you talking about Freeman had three hits tonight.
Speaker 11: Well, we always know he's going to get his hits.
Speaker 6: Well, he's one of the superstars.
Speaker 10: I know, I know.
Speaker 11: But the point is this was an important game because those three teams are all within a game a game and a half of each other, and the Giants are playing really good. So this was a crucial game. And by the way, Yates I think is really good. I liked his pitching quite a bit. So anyway, phenomenal game. I still don't believe they won. Congratulation and Dodgers.
Speaker 6: That's why it's a team Ken, that's why it's one through nine, it's not just three guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are right.
Speaker 6: And by the way you said the superstars didn't show up, well, two of the four did. I liked all mookies at bats tonight. I like what I saw tonight. Will Smith three RBIs like I said, Freddie Freeman scored twice. He had three hits, so I agree with you. The bottom of the order, Pa, haz Edmund and Kim came up big tonight. But you know, Will Smith and Freddy Freeman had a lot to do with tonight's game.
Speaker 11: Two for sure, for sure. Just a great win. And let's do it again tomorrow.
Speaker 6: I love it, Ken and you called after a win, that's a big deal.
Speaker 11: Yeah, this was an exciting game. I mean, one of the most exciting games I've seen in a long time. Because San Diego is our enemy. Last Giants Weekend san Diego.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, he's Dodgers. That was a great series. That was exciting. Mets Dodgers, very exciting. And now you got Dodgers Padres. So the Dodgers have been win or lose, have been giving I'll giving you a lot of entertaining baseball.
Speaker 11: It's been really fun, really crazy. Let's wear at least one more of these next two before we got go with Giants, which are now only a game and a half.
Speaker 6: You worry about the Giants. Don't worry about the Giants. I know, I know how the disparity when they get to Dodgers Stadium. Let's see what the Giant scott next week at Dodger Stadium. Thanks for the phone call, can appreciate it. Look, we talk about this a lot. The games are too long for certain teams, and I'm still a firm believer the season is too long for the Giants, and it may be too long for the Padres. Look, they're handcuffed what they can do roster wise with the way their ownership is right now after the unfortunate passing of a great man, Peter Seidler. So I don't know what they can do to really make a significant upgrade before the trade deadline to help their pitching. But they're using their high leverage relievers quite a bit. And how long can that last? So I thought tonight maybe a microcosm for the entire season. How the Padres had to go to Wandy Peralta in the tenth inning while the Dodgers are going to Tanner Scott. That's the biggest difference between these two teams. Let's go out to El Sereno, Charlie, you're on Dodger Talk live from Petco Park.
Speaker 9: Hey, it was up, David. Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 9: You know, I just want to kind of pick up what he said earlier about Will Smith and his Evening two attitude. I think I just want to let all the Dodgers fans know that we need to take the page out of Will Smith's even cute about the Dodgers. You know, a lot of times we overreact on losses here in there, but when it's time to clutch up the Dodgers come through, I think we just need to relax. We've got to trust the Dodgers. They knew they're doing all the right thing. We're back to you know, we're champions, so we need to kind of just stay chill, not overreact on these little things, and just trust the process. So that's all I want to say this, all.
Speaker 6: Right, Charlie, be safe out there, Okay, appreciate you all right there, he goes Charlie and El Sereno with great cliches to end Dodger Talk Tonight tomorrow. Matt Sour who I help, by the way, find his way into Pecko Park this afternoon. I was walking the streets of the gas lamp right in front of Petco Park and the Omni Hotel. That's where Matt Sours. Uber dropped him off from the San Diego airport with his baseball bag and his luggage, and he had no idea how to get inside Peco Park, so I ushered him into the ballpark around one point thirty this afternoon. And Matt sour is going to be activated for tomorrow night's game because it is going to be a bullpen game and he will be a big part of it. The Dodgers are going up against Dylan C's who is not off to a great start. He's one in five with an ERA of four seventy two. Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck begins at five thirty tomorrow with first pitch at six forty. That'll do it for us tonight on Dodger Talk. Thanks to Colin you back at our Burbanks Studios, thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Petco Park, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you can it on the iHeartRadio app. You can also find our pregame conversation with Mookie Betts on the iHeartRadio app as well. Once again. The final score from Peco Park in San Diego. The Dodgers in ten innings beat the Padres eight to seven. I'm sure it will be another great one tomorrow night. Ben Mallar on Fox Sports Radio is next. Please be safe out there, Los Angeles. Don't get baited, don't get baited, don't take the bait like the Padres take the bait anyway. Be safe out there. That's what we care about. Ben Mallar on Fox Sports Radio is next. We'll talk to you tomorrow. Once again. The final score Dodgers beat the Padres eight to seven and ten see our shot playing