Speaker 1: Oh yes.
Speaker 2: This segment is brought to you by her Titocar Heurtato Barbecue some of the best barbecue you've ever had in your life. It's so amazingly delicious. Highly recommend it. Locations in Mansfield, fort Worth, and Arlington, two locations inside a Globe Life Field, and then another new location in Dallas and the Farmer's Market. Our buddy Brandon Hurtado, the author Brandon Hurtado, He's got a book out right now, by the way, and it is exceptional. Teach you how to make those magical Hurtato offerings on your own grill.
Speaker 1: Perhaps maybe teach you how to be a jedi a little bit.
Speaker 2: Hurtato Barbecue some of the best barbecue of your life. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: Good listeners, here comes kt fun tweets. We're the round.
Speaker 3: Now, let's come around the sports.
Speaker 2: Kt FU tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Dallas Cowboys made a trade today, guys. How about that? What was see it coming? They shipped off one of their three fifth round picks to the Patriots to get a seventh round pick back, which that doesn't sound like good math, but along with that seventh round pick was Joe Milton. Oh sweet Joe Milton. Joe Hilton is an interesting guy. He's a quarterback. He was a rookie out of Tennessee last year, and he is the reason the Patriots are picking fourth in this draft instead of first because their starting quarterback Drake May got hurt in Week seventeen last year. Are we eighteen and Joe Milton went twenty two of twenty nine and led the Patriots to a victory that vaulted them from number one to number four in the draft. So bad news for Team tank guys. Ben cow was in a situation he'd got to go lose some games. Joe Milton is not that guy. Joe Milton is a good soldier. We'll go try to win the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's look, I don't I don't know what to make a ball. I do know that Lashawn McCoy, the great Lashawn McCoy, respected media personality.
Speaker 1: He's saying Dak better pack his bags.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dude, wait what he's saying Dak should pack because of Joe Milton.
Speaker 3: That's one of the worst takes I've ever heard. Played one game last year.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this guy is.
Speaker 2: The biggest spare in media. Dak's making sixty million dollars guaranteed. But wait, hold on, I might be getting him confused. I thought he was a big Dirk fan. Who isn't a Dirk fan? I hope everyone is Shady McCay. I thought Shady McCoy was always tweeting about Dirk.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that.
Speaker 4: I'm mixing him up with another running back. I don't remember that, but he has become a media blowhard.
Speaker 3: I'm not really following other running backs from ten years ago either.
Speaker 4: Back when the Eagles were in the super Bowl with the guy that looks like Napoleon Dynamite. What was that guy's name? One a quarter He was a backup Foles. Yeah, the Super Bowl that Nick Foles was in roles What.
Speaker 1: In an option? Huh Nick Foles?
Speaker 3: What in an option?
Speaker 4: No, I'm saying that's back when that guy was tweeting about Dirk. I know, remember Jerry said that Foles was not an option? Oh yeah, he is not an option. When Kellen got hurt in camp, need a backup quarterback? Then you know what happened in preseason game with Romo. Twenty six team is a weird year.
Speaker 2: Okay, but regardless they didn't have a backup quarterback. You're not gonna really get anything good with a fifth round pick. Most likely you had three of them. So this appears to actually be pretty smart trade for the Cup.
Speaker 3: I think it's very shrewd. He's a guy who you will have control of two very cheap. He was making the wager of a six round pick. He was a six round pick last year, so oh okay. Yeah, so he's got probably two more years. He will have two more years. Yeah, So I think it's smart. I think it's good. The self. Will Greer is a camp arm probably Joe Milton. Some people like him. He's big, he's like six five, two fifty. My favorite thing though, because I went to Dane Brugler's draft guy from last year to see, let's find out a little more cam. I remember this guy at Tennessee. He is the cousin of ankworn Bolden. Do you remember him, Big Game Bolden. Yeah, and grew up chasing rabbits in the sugar cane field. That's how he got fast. So I think that's a good sign.
Speaker 4: It sounds like chasing rabbits sounds like something out of the song of the South.
Speaker 1: It is very much that.
Speaker 3: So yeah good, Hey, people were freaking out last year when he came into a game. Was one game and honestly, like twenty nine two D and fifty, I think you ran for it. He can run a little bit too. This is not bad. This is like, I mean, Cooper Rush is more suited to go win a game or two for you. But this is not This is not bad. This is better than holding your wiener and then drafting Quinn yours, which there's been a lot of smoke around that, like.
Speaker 1: You don't need to do s supposed to go.
Speaker 3: I mean, if he gets drafted, I think, oh, he's not gonna get drafted, though he'll get drafted. The quarterback classes is terrible. Yeah, it's gonna say probably fourth round, taking fourth round. Yeah, okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't freak out if they took a quarterback in the fourth round.
Speaker 3: He just weird because he looks like Jennifer Lawrence to me, and you got you've got to put it together. But if you mashed them, you know, wow, looks like the same person.
Speaker 4: If you mashed really anybody with Jennifer Lawrence, wouldn't that person looks somewhat like Jennifer Lawrence.
Speaker 3: I guess so, I guess. So it's like if you put the Jennifer Lawrence filter on him, it's what he looks like now though.
Speaker 2: But you're saying if he had a baby with Jennifer Lawrence and it was a girl, it would look exactly like I think exactly.
Speaker 1: So you want him to have a baby with Jennifer Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Well, no, she's already having kids and stuff. Her thing. You don't see her much anymore, probably because she's having kids and stuff. Yeah, I didn't know she's had kids. She had a couple.
Speaker 2: So is this uh, is this a guy who maybe one day could be the heir apparent? Or is it because by the time his deal is up, Dak will still have two more years at sixty million guaranteed, So.
Speaker 3: You're not He's twenty five years old now, so Dak. When Dak's done after four more years, he'll be twenty nine.
Speaker 1: It's my guy, okay O, No, I like this plan?
Speaker 3: Probably No, this is.
Speaker 2: Just a backup for the next two years. And all you did was down grade a fifth through seven.
Speaker 3: That's still like I mean, ideally, Dak plays until he's forty and you know, has seven rings like Tom Brady. That's the plan.
Speaker 1: I think four year plans are good in football.
Speaker 3: Maybe three, dude, maybe three. So there we go. He's got a good arm. Dane told it a hose. That's good.
Speaker 1: Maybe he was talking about something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. Joe Milton, welcome to the Dallas Cowboys. You welcome to join the show any time. Well, are you now speaking directly to him? MAVs win last night?
Speaker 4: About that, Christina, can you get Joe Milton on the phone. Kevin wants to talk correctly to Mavericks win over the Hawks, who do exist? Anthony Davis Man. I thought about that multiple times just day. When Ben said, finally you guys agree on something with the Hawks, it was pretty good.
Speaker 2: It was good to see for all of us. Yeah, okay, I will say this. I have been in a horrible MAVs depression, Like I don't even know if I want to be around anymore. I'm seriously considering whether I will be a mass fan in the future thinking about it.
Speaker 1: A good elixir for that was last night.
Speaker 2: There was a sequence in that game, and having Anthony Davis play is such a good thing. Right now, still would never do that. Trade might do it if Anthony Davis was six years younger. But there was a portion of the game last night where Anthony Davis blocked like three or four shots in a row, and then it went down the other end of the court and had one of the most athletic and aggressive, quick burst layups I've ever seen from a big man.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, okay, so if Kyrie was healthy again, like that one half that he had, and then of course he hits the game winner. He got he shot to three with confidence. Was like, you're watching that going, okay, I get it. I understand why somebody likes this. This dude can absolutely play when he's healthy, and even though his prime is probably behind him a little point bit at this point, that dude is a beast.
Speaker 1: Beast.
Speaker 3: When when it was going like do that game, I was like, he got hurt a couple of times, got hit on the eye, and there's one time where he was on the ground just kind of laying there for a minute, and I was like, okay, when he does for the loose ball, you'll kind of have that feeling. Do you want to him diving for loose balls into that into that for him laying out for loose balls, I mean, you gotta do it.
Speaker 2: But man putting heating pads on both of his inner thighs when he's on the bench too. He had a bunch of medical stuff happening of it show did Luca?
Speaker 1: Luca always had that stuff going on.
Speaker 4: Gafford just caught him, like he Gafford caught him with an elbow right to his eye ball and that's how that happened. Yeah, oh okay, And so he he've only played two minutes in the second quarter. Wow, So he put up all those numbers and missed a quarter. He had an incredible game. He was great in the first quarter. I think he had thirteen in the first quarter. He was very, very assertive last night. He was That's the good word for it. He was assertive.
Speaker 2: Does he does he shoot a lot of threes?
Speaker 1: Or is he just pretty selective with it? Is he?
Speaker 4: I'd have I bet he shot two and a half a game because I saw la he took guess I.
Speaker 2: Saw him ticket three last night that I was like, okay, yeah, dude, he he has no fear shooting to three at all, Like I don't know if he's I don't even know what percentage.
Speaker 1: He's shooting, but it looked good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think his percentage it so he had. I bet he had one season where he hit thirty four percent of it.
Speaker 4: I'm just guessing. I don't have his numbers in front of you. Have his numbers there, Katie working on pulling it up here. I'd look pull up his Basketball Reference numbers.
Speaker 1: I bet he.
Speaker 4: I bet at his peak he shot two point eight five threes a game on thirty four and a half percent.
Speaker 3: I'm trying three. Yeah, it was two this year. Like you said, let's see, let's go back to twenty twenty three and a half back in twenty nineteen. Kind of dwindled since then, playing big man ball like right one and a half last couple of years. Yep, yeah, never more than three and a half a game.
Speaker 4: Do you have percentages there? I bet he's never hit more than thirty four percent.
Speaker 3: I mean for his career, he's thirty percent. Yeah, he had a thirty three percent year. Yeah, you're right, Never talk about you got thirty four percent twenty eighteen.
Speaker 4: And it's just one of those things where it's like, Okay, you know, but you know at times he makes him what.
Speaker 3: You think about his game winning shot.
Speaker 4: It was incredible, and I was even more excited that he just switched off and didn't allow Trey Young to even get a shot. To me, it's like, it's hard when a guy has thirty four fifteen and five blocks to not say it's the Anthony Davis game, because it clearly was. To me, the story of last night was Okay, Now I know why you have Caleb Martin. Caleb Martin completely took Young out of that basketball game. That was extraordinary. It was honestly and truly one of the best defensive performances I've seen by any Dallas Maverick in a decade. Wow, incredible. Trey had twenty one at halftime. In the second half, so now they were running the ball out of his hands at different times in different places, but Caleb Martin was your primary defender. Trey Young in the second half was one for seven with three turnovers. Caleb Martin took him out of the basketball game. It was awesome and actually for a while ran the offense and honestly ran it better than Dinwoody dinwood. He tried to lose him the game.
Speaker 3: He wit some big shots too, though, yeah, he always does.
Speaker 4: It was just the three consecutive shots when it mattered most that was troubling. But he also had a great line. What do you have like fourteen? He had ten assists? Yeah, or maybe it was twelve. I don't remember now, but basically Anthony Davis hit the game winner and then shut down Trey Young on a switch and didn't let him get a shot.
Speaker 1: It's like that was pretty awesome.
Speaker 4: And you knew earlier in the night, Sacramento, did you?
Speaker 1: Did you? I got to read you this.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna read you the lineup that was on the floor for the Washington Wizards. Is the Sacramento Kings lost to him?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Okay, some fans play so now now I think the Mavericks are a game and a half up on Sacramento. Now for the ninth spot, here's who was on the floor for Washington though, Bob Carrington, love.
Speaker 1: Him, A. J. Johnson, J. T.
Speaker 4: Thor, my guy, Anthony Gill and Tristan Vukcevich.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So so Washington was doing their best to win that game and Sacramento.
Speaker 1: I still spit the day.
Speaker 3: Have you seen there. It's like a Juleiague. Maybe it was a two aay guy for Washington. Dev Hour, Wait, who's this for for Washington?
Speaker 1: What's his name?
Speaker 3: He's like skinny three point shug dev Hour?
Speaker 1: Okay, is he a draft pick for him?
Speaker 3: Dev Hour? De's nuts.
Speaker 1: I want to thank everyone for tuning into the Eagle the.
Speaker 3: Shocking things I've ever heard said in a hitory. I'm saying that.
Speaker 1: Coming up next to today game.
Speaker 2: You know, tomorrow we're gonna be out at Chalk Tawk Casino and Resort and Durant, Oklahoma. Let's go love going out there. It's so much fun. It's just right up the road. People forget like it's just right up the road. It's not far away. And if you'd like to come out tomorrow and personally shake Kevin's hand, look him in the eyes, give him a firm handshake, stare him the eye, and say that was a hell of a these nuts joke. You can do that tomorrow at the Chalk Tak Casino and Resort and Durant