Speaker 1: Fluidl RG.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Fluent Fiction Dutch, the podcast where we bring you bilingual stories to supercharge your listening comprehension. In each episode, we'll present a short story in both English and Dutch with the aim of helping you to improve your listening comprehension.
Speaker 3: In this episode, we'll discover how a last minute dash for New Year's cards turns into a heartfelt reminder that sometimes being good enough is perfectly perfect.
Speaker 2: Right after this commercial break.
Speaker 4: At Fluent Fiction, we're not just telling stories. We're bringing the world together by learning to understand each other. By subscribing to Fluent Fiction Plus. At plus dot fluentfiction dot org, you do more than just remove ads. You support a platform bridging global language differences, one story at a time. Your subscription, not a only guarantees you an uninterrupted narrative, it also sustains our mission to bring stories in diverse languages to everyone. It's simple visit plus dot fluentfiction dot org and become a Plus subscriber today. When you do, you become a champion for global language learning and enjoy an ad free experience. So please join us at plus dot fluentfiction dot org. Let's transform the way we experience the power of stories. Your journey awaits at plus dot fluentfiction dot org. Together we can keep the world's stories flowing.
Speaker 1: The clock dictum forbids, condor and sons Hetos and kaundach about to predict and duns ladustup bin and vas druc mensa Haastsla's the face stillack incopor to doom to the hour. From then Nald and the Frower caches from carest for seeing stump Brown met absorbed the black bloom, who can ye now for hate esne on new Yar's carter to copper four Sonat travails them at her hunt takes an arm tiicte she was all ted orghan his ear from the tway and who welds a whist the Bromwell Faker belong wrecked Iner for hot poor Beard as a hemp to help her Bloom howled and showlders up equated ned Sona allus hings O snelled the jar sona zuchte and tokham manard rek mad charter cake be happen nat filled tight often Courtiechi sloudt tot the cosa had reck was baying a lais the master character Warren all out for court and the ses the overblafer ar a neat papaled brom stale hey yield von character met in persol luktage my newly ach dot or norluk the well had or the character bladdered fool, the hay that drunk from the clock, what dachie vondas four's son vas and open card met in simple text lucer you are bloom trock resist Suzanne well heel simple clak. The hay married is new of neid says son of usperade kiss havone eats songs is a beta on neat perfect design, bloom knicked the out ain't look and packed and stample from the over blafer character. Okay, ye have treleag latvonhan met Norman vampiremi neut to overtod slouting state has igna the casa the casir bon au obtramer markhimlacht fling de luctum brom de cart near lefte hey rakeing the smell of oprelucht dot hate obtained red tons in our bout stopped and the cow de vinten berhutte fool the broms oplucht bedunct sona don't say yaohpik the Minster Charcter jay Hey saying Adam sifbar in the frise lute, son of Glimlachte, Fulnar Kopis Ravone and vig Earder Okay brom Lochte and Knikte dot below Vick Beethos comes to King brom Mattin and the slack on persol, the boat shopper of the carter the safer headas need perfect Maratois Renaud d jar had leered dot So Snell, Humbler, belongre istm Angelos, Trefle and zo Niar for Broum metivates rap dot net alasper ficht huftuzin unto Jutuzain.
Speaker 3: Let's take another listen. Listen closely to any parts you may have missed.
Speaker 1: The clock ticked um forbid lick in the post contur of aar Brum and son Ostmle.
Speaker 3: The clock ticked inexorably in the post office where Brahm and Shanna stood.
Speaker 1: He To Tossenko de vinterdach and bow to Bedict and Duna snail la tustup.
Speaker 3: It was a cold winter day, and outside a thin layer of snow covered the sidewalks.
Speaker 1: Bin and vos a druc mensasties on lat's the face to lick InKo put doun.
Speaker 3: Inside. It was busy people hurried to do their last festive shopping.
Speaker 1: Tudhuur fondennal the and the fro the grecious for gerst for see ring stone brom.
Speaker 3: Blick amidst the scent of pine needles and the cheerful remnants of Christmas decorations. Bram stood with a worried look.
Speaker 1: Bloom, who can ye now for hatez n on Mure's carter to.
Speaker 3: Gob Brum, how could you forget to buy New Year's cards?
Speaker 1: Four sontvels met her hunt ten armed Tikte.
Speaker 3: Asked Shahna, tapping her hand against his arm.
Speaker 1: Sivos Alte tornised from the tree and juvel sevist the blumvel fac or blumbrekadina for hot poor beard a shm to help.
Speaker 3: She was always the organized one of the two, and although she knew Brahm often forgot important things, she tried to help him.
Speaker 1: Bloom howl des ends how the.
Speaker 3: Soup Brom shrugged equi ne son I don't know, Shauna.
Speaker 1: Alas hing zo snelldjar.
Speaker 3: Everything went so fast this year, son.
Speaker 1: And tokh maindrich met carte.
Speaker 3: Shan asighed and pulled him over to the card rack.
Speaker 1: Cake they had been neat filted.
Speaker 3: Look, we don't have much time, o.
Speaker 1: Land courtiercie slow to se di cosa.
Speaker 3: The register closes in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Hetrich frosby Nelli.
Speaker 3: The rack was almost empty.
Speaker 1: The master Carter Varron all out for courte and the opsisty O for blev varn neat pbalt brom Stel.
Speaker 3: Most of the cards were already sold out, and the remaining options weren't exactly Bramese style.
Speaker 1: Hey yield foncarte mete him perchol lukotage my new yeichluk.
Speaker 3: He liked cards with a personal touch, but now that seemed impossible.
Speaker 1: Turvell heyedor de card to blather the fool the hey de drucu fond cloak.
Speaker 3: As he flipped through the cards, he felt the pressure of the clock.
Speaker 1: Vot dr chiefondees.
Speaker 3: What about this one?
Speaker 1: Four son, They isn't open card mat A simple text ruluk you are.
Speaker 3: Shauna asked, pointing to a card with a simple text Happy New Year.
Speaker 1: Bloon troczitt.
Speaker 3: Brum made a face.
Speaker 1: Suzanne ville heel simple clach de.
Speaker 3: Hey, they're so simple, he complained.
Speaker 1: Marit is neu offnud say some of us bade.
Speaker 3: But it's now or never. Shauna said, determinately, quis savone eats just choose something sons is a beta omnet perfect desay. Sometimes it's better not to be perfect.
Speaker 1: Blum knicked out a look and bucked and staple from the overble carte.
Speaker 3: Brahm eventually nodded and grabbed a stack of the remaining cards.
Speaker 1: Okay, jeheb treleg. Okay, you're right, lat von m Let's just go met nom ramparmi new to to overtaled slouting state hastus as if nearder casa.
Speaker 3: With only a few minutes left until closing time, they rushed to the register.
Speaker 1: The casir ba al obtram marchhim la freeing de l tum brom de cart near lefte.
Speaker 3: The cashier was already tidying up, but smiled kindly when Brahm placed the card down.
Speaker 1: Heyakn the smell off opret t'tte top tettrit.
Speaker 3: He quickly paid, relieved that he had made it in time.
Speaker 1: Tomsenarbou to stop the and the cow de vintemburute fool de bromc.
Speaker 3: As they stepped outside and the cold wind greeted them, Brahm felt relieved, bedunct son, thanks, Shauna, don't say.
Speaker 1: Yo hpicte mince the carte say hey, saying adam sichbar in the frise lute.
Speaker 3: Thanks to you, I at least have cards, he said, his breath visible in the fresh air.
Speaker 1: Sonchlim Lochte. Shanna smiled fulnier COOPI servon and vag eardr Okay next year, just by them a week earlier. Okay, blum Lochte and Knikute.
Speaker 3: Brum laughed and nodded.
Speaker 1: Dot bolofick I promise betos comst King Blum meetin and the slough um persol look boats hop up the car to Tesreef.
Speaker 3: Once home, Bram immediately got to work on writing personal messages in the cards.
Speaker 1: Hetvos need perfect maretvos renaul.
Speaker 3: It wasn't perfect, but it was enough.
Speaker 1: Dit jar Hatte leered, dot so snell homdola bolongeiker is dom ain de loos tree.
Speaker 3: This year he had learned that sometimes acting quickly is more important than endless pondering and.
Speaker 1: Zho bhujar for brum metivates, rap dot net a las perfict uftuzein unto hutu sein.
Speaker 3: And so the new year began for Brahm with the knowledge that not everything has to be perfect be good. Today's vocabulary words are coming up right after this commercial break. Here are today's vocabulary words, first in Dutch, then in English.
Speaker 1: Um forbid, look um forbid, look um forbidd, look inexorably, stunle, stunlein, stun stood, d luke, duluk, duke busy, has to hasten, haste hurried, face to lookor face to looker, face to loquor festive, InCoB incopen, incope, shopping, Where where where scent dinanald and now the dinner nal, the pine needles, flow, look, flow, look flow, look, cheerful, racious, racious, racious remnants, girst for searing, gurst for searing, curst for seering, decorations, bersoorte bersoort, berzoort, worried, organisiered organisier or honeysiered organizational. How does sensholders up? How does ensholders up? How does ense holders up, shrugged, zurchte, zuurchte, zuchte side cosa cossa, cossa, register, slouting, state slouting, state slouting, states, closing time, bladder, bladerin, blade flipped through, DRUC druc, drug pressure, fosparade, fosparade, fastparade, determinately, guisu, kisin, guise, choose.
Speaker 3: Perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, obdo rama, obto roma, obdur rame, tidying.
Speaker 1: Up, obrelucht oprelucht obrelucht relieved, berhutte, berhutte, bhute.
Speaker 3: Greeted, guiness, guiness, guinnis, knowledge.
Speaker 1: Tuefle tuefeln, tuefule.
Speaker 3: Pondering, cleard cleared, cleard, learned, hondoleu hondele hande leu acting.
Speaker 2: We hope you've enjoyed this episode of Fluent Fiction Dutch. Our team works tirelessly to bring you high quality, engaging content that will help you to reach your goals, but we can't do it alone. Your support is crucial in keeping our doors open and our content flowing. Please consider becoming a premium subscriber today. You'll get more stories, no ads, custom episode requests, and more. Visit www dot fluentfiction dot org, Premium Dutch. Thanks for listening, and now a final word from our sponsors.