Speaker 1: Hey, Everybody's Tuesday, January twentieth, twenty twenty six. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode nine hundred and twenty four. I am your host, jan At Shoa. This is the Jesse the Body Ventura of video game podcasts. You can extrapolate at home what that means joining me co Captain of the ship Jeff Grabe.
Speaker 2: I'm a turkey and I want to drink like the body Gobble, Gobble Gobble.
Speaker 3: He's got two kegs under his arm, just for funzies.
Speaker 4: Dan Reichert, No, man, I'm on that Starbars juice.
Speaker 2: Now, just move on, Just move on.
Speaker 1: The human epitome of Starbar and all fruity, joyous flavors.
Speaker 3: Jeff Beckler, that's you, just I don't you could have done better than that.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Starbursts melted down into a drinkable things Starars Way. That's a new sentence.
Speaker 2: It's basically just watery Starburst speaking about new sentences.
Speaker 1: He's constantly spouting them because he's so problematic, because he's the boy of games media. My like Manati, all.
Speaker 2: The hateful thoughts in my brain come out as mean sentences. Look Out everybody, especially people different from me.
Speaker 3: The fuck was that? Mike boy?
Speaker 4: We've interacting with Mike for like twelve minutes this morning already, and I feel like it's a weird mic day. Yeahually, get those?
Speaker 5: He finished his burrito early. I'm not got some lip smacking, but not enough and enough of what I need?
Speaker 3: Ony, what happened you wake up at ten am? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Wake up?
Speaker 1: I feel like mikey pretty good is in an interesting zone when he has not enough sleep and perhaps too much sleep. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my sleep schedule has been pretty rough lately, even worse than usual, like and just recover from holidays. Oh no, absolutely not. Uh yeah, I got.
Speaker 3: Why are you embarrassed by it? Oh you're not?
Speaker 2: This is you're not his dad?
Speaker 4: I mean until four am like every day this weekend. That's that's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always am that for sure and stuff. Oh yeah yeah, absolutely, yeah exactly, So I got to dial that in at some point here, Uh for sure. But you know, so many I feel so cozy in bed, just playing games on my switch and watching stupid YouTube videos and whatnot. It's kind of just where I want to be. It's like, if I go to sleep it's like, I'm not optimizing my bedtime. But he is a very stupid thing to think.
Speaker 1: What are they on YouTube videos keeping you up? Mikey? What's on the Mikey algo.
Speaker 2: I've been watching a lot of Happy Complies people, a lot of Dark Soul's challenge run videos. Uh, specifically by JK Leeds. He's always like, I'm now, I'm gonna play Dark Souls one using only my fists, or I'm gonna beat the game only using throwing knives.
Speaker 1: That kind of thing you.
Speaker 4: Said, only using fists honestly picturing somebody moving the sticks with.
Speaker 2: Donkey conga. Yeah, there are people who do that, but now that's talk.
Speaker 1: About you know, it's a bit more realistic than.
Speaker 2: Is there someone that beat like eldering with a banana. They like turned a banana into a controller or something that's familiar that that's great. Uh No, these are I don't know, I don't want to like, I guess it'd be kind of needs somebody beats oldering with their feet. But no, it's like I beat it using only this spell that everybody says it's bad.
Speaker 1: But that okay, okay, okay, folks at home, you can you know, Jeff Grub, can you tell the folks at home how they can support us over here at giant bomb dot com.
Speaker 2: First, they need to know why they need to suppor us, because we're independent games media out here on our own. But you go to giant bomb dot com, slash join and become a premium member. That enables us to continue doing what we do over here. It ensures the safety and security in the future of independent games media, and also makes you part of something cool, Like we have a cool thing going on over here. You can be a part of it. You also get a bunch of goodies. I'll be putting out a new grub Snacks premium today. There's been one episode so far, and we'll be another one this week and all the weeks going forward. So tune in for something like that and ad free shows all those good things.
Speaker 1: Join us our house.
Speaker 2: That's why Mike Michael will threaten you if you don't join us.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think we said we need a tagline, joined us or else?
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I like that?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, and like the logo. It's like line drawn Mike Manatti shaking his fists at you.
Speaker 2: I should smiling. It should be a that's the position, right, that's right, maybe like a truly warm smile.
Speaker 3: The duality of man.
Speaker 1: Also shuts out to our friends at main Gear, main Hear dot com slash Giant Bomb. Go buy yourself a PC. Go get a face plate by Mikey's face plate. I'm gonna stop telling you to not or else I'll get you. All right. How's everyone else doing, guys?
Speaker 2: Okay, great? All right? Yeah, who's that? Man?
Speaker 5: My kids have had a second winter break, right, So they missed school on Thursday because of the snow day, and then they had a long weekend because of Martin Luther King Junior Day, and then today there was an extreme cold, wet weather day.
Speaker 3: It's like negative ten.
Speaker 1: Out, it's roped up. Yeah, I'm not leaving this house.
Speaker 4: It was last night. The door like wide open. It was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great week off. So so they have off because of the temperature. Yes, yeah, yeah. Wow.
Speaker 4: Have you been in like negative double digit weather before?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 4: Okay, it's bad. I mean, like, but have you in full on like ski gear masks and stuff like I do ski gear?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, Like it's hard when you just want to go out to the mailbox or do a run, you know.
Speaker 3: I understand, Yeah, I just I'm surprised. I'm still surprising. I guess what what what? What temperatures are we dealing with here?
Speaker 2: Grow?
Speaker 5: So it's it's negative like five, and that's regular without the windshow.
Speaker 2: And then with the wind show, it's like it's like quite a bit more.
Speaker 3: It's like, my lord, yeah, it's not that bad here. It's only it's about eighteen degrees here today. And they expected to get colder.
Speaker 5: Pretty well, you know, that's when the bus was coming and stuff like that. Right now, I think it's a little bit warmer, do like this.
Speaker 3: This is a typical this for where Dan lives. It's normal. But I think, yeah, you know, yeah, it's it's rough. I mean, I can't live California ever.
Speaker 1: I can't. Guy.
Speaker 3: I know it's only Tuesday, but they're predicting an godly amount of snow this weekend for my area, and a lot of them middle.
Speaker 2: Getting the storm that we had. Yeah, it keeps swirling back and forth and stuff. Yeah, yeah, we had something. We had some good stuff happening here.
Speaker 1: It's it's forty seven degrees here and I thought, in my hands got cold.
Speaker 2: That's it's cold for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, propical, that is shorts weather. Brother, that's shorts.
Speaker 2: Shorts, Yes, shorts right now. And I did go outside for like ten seconds.
Speaker 3: I died, but yeah, I got it. I know I say this a lot, but the people going outside and zero degree weather with shorts and a hoodie, like, I just don't know who you are.
Speaker 2: Well, my name was Jeff, Nice to meet you.
Speaker 3: Back.
Speaker 4: It's like, here's the thing. Nine to nine. Some of the day you're inside, so you dress for comfort inside and sometimes that's shorts, and then you need to just go outside for something quick to get talking about or something you know.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about quick quickly.
Speaker 2: In the shorts and the hoodie. Recently it was very cold, like that's the fart furthest I would go like, I'm just going to even get gas for the week, pick up a few things inside the store, and coming back.
Speaker 3: That's that's even that I think is fine. I'm talking about people who are just like this is living.
Speaker 2: The full day outfil my line.
Speaker 4: My line is like around here because people are so obsessed with running and biking and stuffy, like even like it was like negative twenty the other day. I saw guys out running in the park and like wow, and bike, Yeah, people'll bike with the big ass fat tire bikes and stuff. It's insane.
Speaker 3: I get it. But when you start to sweat, it's like I can do that, right, Like you can do that, you can make that work, you can, you can live, you can. You know, that's what you're supposed to do. But it's crazy. Yeah, I just it's all year round. I just can't. You know, hoodies, hoodies in the summer, shorts in the winter. We're an ass backwards culture.
Speaker 2: Are we?
Speaker 1: Dogs in the streets?
Speaker 2: That My car heater is not very good right now, and like twice I try to get it fixed and it's roth and am I trying to get through this winter before? I just probably have to just buy a new car. It's just that time. But like, uh, it's rough. I want to buy a car now, but the prices are really high because it's the winter and all the reasons where I don't know, maybe cars are just always going to be insanely expensive and bad again, So I don't know, would you have on that jeep? I'm not to be a bummer. No, it's not that many obviously, right A thousand, yeah, six thousand, sixty Oh you're seventy.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, don't. I would not accept that. What's happening.
Speaker 2: It's a jeep. That's the thing you got, Mike. I'm begging you. Next car has to be a Toyota. It's like we're super so it's a it's a twenty fourteen, it's it is older. I just you know, I've worked from home since forever again, right sixty five, very much rough. I think what the problem is. Back when I lived in my apartment, it was parked outside all the time.
Speaker 1: I would get to it and like.
Speaker 2: But also the je jeeps are just there, just falling apart. Yeah, just what he is? A ship?
Speaker 1: Said Shi, Yeah, Mikey, what are you gonna do when people stop leaving rubber duckies outside?
Speaker 2: It is a bit of like a club that I don't want to leave, is actually the problem?
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, there's another name for a club you don't want to leave. Just searching for it, you can't quite come to my mind.
Speaker 2: Like the sucks, like the way big and everything.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: My dad joined the jeep cult a few months ago, but he absolutely hate quality of the duck thing. So when I was home for the holidays. I brought hundreds of little ducks and I put it inside his fuel cap thing. I put it underneath his mirrors. So I put him down. A bunch of ducks fall down. Good, the glove compartment. He loves that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're doing the Lord's work there, and then happy for him. That was good, Mike, I'm not happy with this. You gotta do something. I'm a sixty thousand mile car too.
Speaker 2: Late, Like it's too late. He's right, he's got to move on from this car. But I I dumped I dumped like thousands of dollars into it this past year to be like, oh, this is gonna be the tune up. It's gonna be five years. And here I am already like this thing is just not doing it.
Speaker 3: So your car's pissing me off.
Speaker 2: I can't put any more money into it.
Speaker 3: Well, look, if it's if it's only got sixty thousand miles, it probably has some value. You just gotta get someone to like.
Speaker 2: You, Yes, exactly, So you're going, what's to buy my car?
Speaker 1: Color?
Speaker 3: Audience color.
Speaker 1: It's called anvil steel. It's like a nice little kind of grayish blue.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he still loves.
Speaker 3: When you when you twinkle your fingers like that. It really just adds are value.
Speaker 2: You've got a little sticker on the back of it of a monoo and it says my other car is a Monarou.
Speaker 3: Well that just devalue.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that. Just I'll get rid of that. Yeah, will you just like autograph it though, Mikey, Like just a gigantic autograph.
Speaker 2: Like the key, Yeah, like it only Tokodo, So what are you gonna get instead?
Speaker 3: I have a friends bought key is like, and they're very happy.
Speaker 2: Okay they fixed the thing.
Speaker 4: Did they fix the you can steal it easily thing?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Where you're at?
Speaker 3: Boy? The Kia boys thing. Yeah, that was very I think that was three years ago.
Speaker 4: Okay, but that's all fixed now, right, Yeah, they can't.
Speaker 2: Tell you, right.
Speaker 5: Is like a very popular, very big nicle. But I mean yeah, I just like that one just once. It's going to work forever. Suberu Yes, Toyota, yes, Honda yeah yeah yeah, like yourself for Honda Pilot budd Steps that we got in twenty twelve has had zero issues, continues to run one hundred and eighty thousand miles or something like that and just goes or.
Speaker 1: What if Mikey becomes a Harley guy?
Speaker 2: I like, no, No, my dad was a Harley guy in his forties and I did not like it.
Speaker 1: It was well, Mike, you know your birthday just passed December eighth. Maybe after another year this birthday, maybe you'd want to get a Harley.
Speaker 2: Well, because I'm turning forty, is that what you're saying? Yes, exactly that my dad had. No, I already have my mid life crisis. It was buying all these game two games, two games. Yes, that's my supertore five hundred dollars. That was my gracious, what car did you guys have like the highest miles on? Because I had a I had a Hyme Day Sonata that had when I sold it right before I got this minivan, had two hundred and sixty thousand miles on it.
Speaker 1: My car, my.
Speaker 3: Stacey, Stacey had a Civic, a ninety what was it a ninety or ninety one Stays or Civic something like that, ninety three she's here behind me. It was like to twenty.
Speaker 2: I think it had two hundred and twenty thousand miles.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine I've put more than thirty thousand miles.
Speaker 2: On the car. Are you've ever seen everything?
Speaker 4: No, I just and I haven't owned a lot of cars. I just don't drive bunch.
Speaker 2: Oh right, okay, but like thirty thousand's really low.
Speaker 4: When we just sold, when we just told we had for six years and it was like just add thirty oh wow, And that was drive away from Cross.
Speaker 2: Connectic five thousand miles a year on.
Speaker 4: Also a lot of that, right exactly. And working from home.
Speaker 2: I work from home, and yeah, but I'm like still because I dropped the kids off, so I'm getting to like six seven thousand a year miles miles. So yeah, like and thirty thousands even neither, I don't drop much.
Speaker 3: It's nothing. Yeah these days. Yeah, average is like twelve, right, the average.
Speaker 2: Is like that like the low end of the average, ten thousand miles a year. Yeah, God, I just I.
Speaker 1: Just want I know, I live in San Francisco, and if I moved to Los Angeles, it's the dumbest idea to get like a small pickup truck. I just want like a two seater, you know, not like a big truck truck for like purposes or just.
Speaker 3: For looking.
Speaker 5: Like for the same reason that he's trigging buzzballs and smoking cigarettes.
Speaker 2: Dan, He's just in that, you know it?
Speaker 4: You know what I heard Jans on that Pham roller lifestyle. Now I am Pham rollers.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 4: They get in there, don't they?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Because I had an existential crisis like I normally do, and then I thought, what if I go do run? What if I go and run the marathon with Dan in October? So you know, I put I put the stoves away because it's killing my lungs. Turns out, I don't know just casually running five k's in my backyard.
Speaker 3: I don't have a backyard. Uh. But yeah, Pham rollers.
Speaker 2: Y'all stretch like rolling the back right is that we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Fives are the big one for me. Thighs and it bands on the side like those are from calves too. If you cross one leg over, it gets in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I saw a K truck uh somewhere the other day and I instantly thought, of you. I couldn't believe I'd never seen one in person. They are so much smaller than I think.
Speaker 2: It's very tiny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like the truck bed size, it's still it's like a cyber truck.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, Wow, I could just like pick this thing up. I really, it's so incredibly small.
Speaker 1: Think about all I like I could put in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, truck, what you could fit three scouts? It's in there.
Speaker 1: She's getting pretty low phone rollers. Wow.
Speaker 3: Who knew?
Speaker 1: Uh, taking care of your body could feel so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just find that one spot. You just lay on it for like thirty seconds and you feel like kind of just released.
Speaker 1: Is that going to help the gamer hump at all?
Speaker 3: You don't actually want it?
Speaker 2: Probably a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not great for spine stuff. I've talked to physical therapist about it, Like you're not really supposed to, Like you can do some very specific back things, but like it's more for big muscles on the legs and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Actually, Mikey, look into doing scap push ups, not scat scap scap scap scap. I am hercules all again, All right, all.
Speaker 5: Right time, Mike, I give you that said we're getting weird, Mikey. I know you guys, and you nailed it.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I knew right away pretty typical, Like you got that.
Speaker 4: I still say I'm weirder, which is insane.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you guys can both be equally weird. I don't think someone has to win that. I also think Mike sometimes, you know, big boys, big girls, we just keep shitting our head, right.
Speaker 2: We just you laugh. That means it's good. Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: I this says this on the doc, but I don't believe you, Jeff Grubb. I'm just gonna be you wrote that. I wrote that. Yes. On our document of the run of show, it says last secretory update. I promise, I promise. I don't believe you.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, I got I beat Jacob Geller, so I like, that's what I've been going for and I've done that.
Speaker 2: Now. Now the problem, here's the problem is he had twelve million. I have twelve million. I have a larger twelve million than he does. In this geometry wars A colonial people are lost. For some reason, they haven't heard us talk about this. For the last month, I was on a really good and I could see myself doing better. And it's like I thought I'd beat the score and I'd be like, oh God, thank god I could put it down. I put it.
Speaker 5: I beat the score, and now it's still all I kind of want to play, which.
Speaker 2: Is I grew.
Speaker 4: When did you beat Geller's score last night?
Speaker 2: Last night?
Speaker 3: Oh you should.
Speaker 4: I was playing this morning and it did look different than I saw.
Speaker 3: Oh you motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if you want to.
Speaker 4: Got four ten million this morning, so of.
Speaker 2: Course you did. You're right. We're back in it. We go, okay, Like, what was your run? Like Dan? It was nuts.
Speaker 4: I just decided it's like I got time for like one run and I I just got in there and I had some coffee. It was just the right level of like caffeinated and just locked in and it went great. I beat the one crazy boss that morphs in a way I've only seen once before, and I got past that. I loaded everything up all the way. I didn't focus on blaster uh. And I was just going nuts with the strikes. I was just changing everything together, keeping that strike combo, going, beating every boss, dying at all. I just did everything right basically, and like that's the run you hope for.
Speaker 2: Yep, and I was. I was having that. And I had the last boss of section four.
Speaker 5: I think I was at maybe section five, and I had him down to one hit and I died on the hit. Had I beaten him, I would have been yes, fourteen fifteen. I was like, I have a friend of my leaderboard who's eighteen million, He's in the top ten, and I'm like, I think I'm kind of on that pace right now. The part the other world, now, that's the other thing is like I was, I had a couple of runs. Now, I was telling you where I had ten million in like twenty minutes, and it's like this run I had here twelve million in thirty two ish.
Speaker 2: Minutes, and it's like, oh, so this wasn't even my best pace. Now, obviously there's some like risk reward of that, Like I was focusing so much on keeping my strike combos going that I was losing some ability to get like a more powerful ship early on, and that made me more vulnerable later. But it's like, Okay, there's a balance there where I can kind of get in between and maybe get one of these higher scores. So all right, well, what the hell We'll be talking about sectory for the rest of our lives.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep, I'm currently in the lead of all of you. You and Geller, so yes.
Speaker 2: Yep, got us both beat yep, everyone.
Speaker 4: Get back and everyone.
Speaker 2: Yes. I'm like, I was so close to keeping that going, that one last hit and I died. Oh that's frustrating.
Speaker 4: I had one of those. Yeah, I'm technically like thirteen point nine million, and I was like just about to be that last section of the whole challenging run in right.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all right, cool, great, wonderful, Thanks Dan, No problem. You could just you could just admit he's the better man, Jeff, That's okay, No, it was you know what got me in there to do this run is I knew you mentioned that.
Speaker 5: You guys were talking about it on your podcast, The Fire Escape with Mary, and you guys were saying that some hateful things just because I threatened Mary, saying she'll never get ten million, and she's like that filled me with hate and h Then you guys went off for a little bit, like I'll go show them right now.
Speaker 2: So this is a terrible.
Speaker 4: Feeling you've we're both absolutely destroying Mary.
Speaker 2: So you know, so that does it? Thank you? Dan, appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Uh, Mikey backlar any interest in diving back into sectory. I mean, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get I don't want to I don't want to become like them.
Speaker 3: I guess like in right, Yeah, Like it's like I play it still a good amount. I just don't let it, you know, consume me.
Speaker 4: You're not serious about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am not serious that I enjoy it. It's fun when I'm a little stoned, not seriously. Uh yeah, we're not serious people. I agree, I'm and like, uh, Dylan things it's fun to watch. He won't play it. He's like scared of it. He's like, this is too too much. I'm gonna watch you play, dad, And I get it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's too much for the gen Z mind absolutely cannot comprehend.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't it be like customer Like, isn't the whole thing of the gen Z mind like just no attention span? And just wait, I guess you need the attention span for secretory, right or is it the opposite way since it's such constant stimuli, Like.
Speaker 5: I just want to choose to believe that we're better than than something. Still, that they did focus their attention on this, we be screwed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The millennial mind, uh has witnessed enough atrocities and horrors that it can consume and take.
Speaker 2: The same time. Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, nine to eleven leads to being good at sectory.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's they're making a coin.
Speaker 1: That's we could it could have just left it at that, Mike.
Speaker 2: You can put that on the store page if you want.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I've been playing Vital Shell. Vital Shell. It's a it's another Vampire Survivors like okay, uh this one. Uh. The graphics straight looks straight up out of PS one. Instead of just being an endless gauntlet like Vampire Survivors is you are progressing through waves, but you're leveling up in a similar structure. As you eliminate more enemies, you are getting more little xp orbs. But the difference here is that there's a lot of health being dropped. And also you have a cool boost feature, at least with the base mech that you have, and as you use your boost, it's on a small cool down timer. You blast out like a little AoE attack that pushes enemies away from you. You are also earning like a special attack, and similar to Vampire Survivors, as you are upgrading, you were upgrading different things like your rate of fire, your health regen, critical strikes, but you're also getting cool sick weapons to throw on your little mech and this game quickly got overwhelming, but because of the horrors that my millennial mind has witnessed over the years, Mike, don't mention a horror, please. I'm like, by the end of the run I did this morning, I was like, I had an energy sword, I was shooting a chain gun, and then rockets were just raining from the sky. And there's some thing about this specific mech PS one aesthetic that really clicks and jives with me versus other like polygonal human trying to replicate like Resident Evil one PS one style that I dig more in Vital Shell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna say, looking at this night guy, like from the key ard, he looks like a character in a like a bad PS one fighting game, like a criticom or you know right.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yea the Venus or straight out of like a shitty PS one game. Parentheses positive like when you access your save data, they're just it's just a PS one memory card on the menu. So more things like this gang.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, even the timer has the font of like soul Blade or so soul Ledge. I should say, yeah, just yeah, it looks like those games a lot. Yeah, Gosh, I suck cause like as seen as you're like, oh, another Vampire Survivors. I kind of internally roll my eyes. Then I'm like, oh, but it looks like a PS one game. And now I'm like looking like, eh, I want to I just bought it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one has been constantly in our mentions, constantly been emailed because folks think that this would be the new obsession for Dan and Grubb. Maybe it's a cry for help because they're concerned about sectory.
Speaker 4: We're still too deep. I think it's might just be getting deeper knowledge pod.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. I'm like itching to go back.
Speaker 3: Oh no, but oh yeah.
Speaker 1: It does look one hundred percent like Armored Cores one, which just tickles me. I am interested to see how zany it gets the further in and the more characters you unlock. I still only have the base mech suit or whatever. I just want you. But this got me thinking about mechs. It got me thinking about Austin Walker, and just like Giant Robot Suits, was Zone of the Enders good or just like my childhood?
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, okay, it looked incredible, It ran great, and just moving around felt like I had no fucking time for for mech games most of my life. That one I found time for and I was like, okay, it's just too much fun to play.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, okay. Jeehoti was what the mech suit was called, right?
Speaker 3: Or was that the yeah.
Speaker 4: You were like God or Jesus or something. I don't know, oh JHOOTI probably yeah, or your mom.
Speaker 1: God Jesus or the Catholic agenda continues the JEHOODI on that one.
Speaker 2: It does sound like Booty, Mike. This is a good joke.
Speaker 1: Oh, speaking about Booty, there's a certain song that involves going from the top and making it drop. But I'm not playing God. Mikey has just fried my brain today. No, no, no, it's okay. Never apologize for being you, Mikey. Or sometimes Well, another game that I've been playing that looks weird and perhaps is going for a PS one aesthetic is from the Top Gang. This feels target it, you know. During the mic checks, Mike said something targeted towards me. But this I think is for sure targeted because this is a rogue light, a card based rogue light that involves bay blades.
Speaker 2: It's still have been meaning to play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I thought it was a wrestling thing. From the title, but right not.
Speaker 2: Why would you think that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, because you know you launch a bay blade from the top of the arena.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've ever seen a bay blade in my life.
Speaker 2: I've heard I've heard the one person. I want us all to have a bay blade tournament. I want to know how to do that.
Speaker 1: I'm probably going to see Dan the soonest if we're looking at the calendar, Yeah, wherever we go, we're going to have a bay blade tournament. If we have a little meet up, bring your bay blates.
Speaker 3: But we got to use the the arena with the teeth on the side. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeh wait, I thought this was a generational thing. I thought I was just too old. But then Backlar knows it, do you children?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: So modern children, It's a thing.
Speaker 3: It's like coming back hard.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, okay, yeah, Dan will soon be a bay warrior, but sure.
Speaker 3: From the top.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting mechanic because instead of choosing like a specific class, you're kind of juggling different tops or like different It's not a bay blade game, but it might as well be a bay blade game. So I'm just gonna call the different units that you're controlling bay blades, so you're different encounters. You have a stamina system, and your stamina is linked to health pips, not health points, but health pips. So if you have three hearts, you'll lose a heart once you run out of stamina. And your stamina is affected by getting hit, avoiding hits, or get straight up getting knocked out, so your heart pips are kind of just lives. And so far, there are several different oddball bay blade types. One of them is just like a tank where as soon as you activate activate the ability, you are holy shit, Dan, that map that you just sent me looks horrifying. Uh, your tank bay blade just activates a shield, and that bad boy is heavy so he can't get knocked out. Another top that they have in the game has like a very fast dash and the shape of the top is good at scooping' your enemy bay blades and knocking them out of the arena. I kind of don't like the visual filter that they have on it. It kind of looks like like a comic book, where like it's a bunch of like the little circles like a mosaic, almost making the look I had to turn it off because it was making my head hurt. It's a very interesting game. It has like the progression is similar to Slay the Spire, where you were going down a map where they're forking paths. You'll have mini bosses, you'll have shops. At the shops, you can buy a new bay Blade, you can upgrade your different abilities, or you can repair your bay Blade. They're kind of going for a story in here as well, kind of like Inscription. I'm not necessarily driving too much with the story, and I just want to let it rip. But it's fun for what it is. There's some light controlling when you are in the bay Blade battles themselves, where you're kind of pointing your mouse to a specific location in the little bay Blade arena and affecting the movement of your bay Blade.
Speaker 3: I kind of.
Speaker 1: Don't like some of the battle encounters when you get to like a mini boss or an enemy encounter where they're using the more defensive style bay Blades that just sit there, because then it's just no fun. I want the wild, wacky spinning around, dashing at each other, encouraging knockouts. But I do want to do a quick look of from the top just to show it off in most.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be great. Can I ask? So I'm looking at the video and I'm wondering, like, how digital versus analog is it? Like?
Speaker 5: Is does it feel like it's doing math in the background. That's just like this thing does this, and therefore when it interacts that it's going to take down a certain number or is it more like physics based or is it somewhere in between on the spectrum.
Speaker 1: It's somewhere in between where it doesn't feel like you were seeing too many dice rolls, and a lot of the different bay blades that you're using or tops that you're using have various different stats, but it doesn't feel like there's dice rolls happening in the background. It does feel like there is a good balance of physical analog action happening in between the tops that you were affecting and that the enemy is affecting.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I think that's what I would want from this.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, you're balancing what you do have to worry about, like the weight of a top or how light one is, because then that can get you knocked out very quickly. The different abilities that quickly pop off in the different tops you can get are bonkers because you'll start with a base, one that has like, oh, this is a cool dash.
Speaker 3: This one is like a tank. But then you'll have a bay blade that.
Speaker 1: Just shoots other bay blades out, or then another one that will shoot like glaciers up from the bottom to upend your enemy.
Speaker 3: It's very interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I necessarily like the visual presentation of it, but I am having fun and it's very weird that game developers are now just making bay blade games and I encourage it. Yeah, speaking about Nope, Nope, Mikey has just thrown me for a loop today. Okay, I don't know, almost only keep blaming me. No, I'm gonna keep blaming you, Mikey. Jeff Grubb. You have been playing Super ten Pin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we got a little bit of a theme going. You were talking about an old game new and has old stylings. This is that for an N sixty four bowling game.
Speaker 3: Just lit up.
Speaker 2: But it's on Steam right now.
Speaker 3: Edit rules.
Speaker 2: It's so good. So imagine all the stylings of San Francisco Rush, but as a bowling game.
Speaker 5: Okay, So the menus are all basically just lifted from that game, and then you go in there and you're doing bowling, and then it's a little bit like Kirby's Dream Course, which I think while I'm enjoying it so much, where the bowling ball has a bunch of things you can do to it. So, yeah, you're setting up the shot, you're selecting your power level, and you're shooting out there. But there might be like a gap in the bowling lane and then there's a ramp going back and forth, and if you hit the ramp at the right time, you might.
Speaker 2: Be able to go into a power up. That adds a bunch of extra speed to your shot, which makes it so if you hit that front pin, you're almost guaranteed to get a strike. And the best part is you got after touch, so you're able to control it on the lane. And then there's risk rewards, so you get that extra speed, you're gonna maybe just kind of like loop it in there so it hits that front pin just right. Well, if you do it too much or not enough, there are still the gutters on the side, and so it's just like trying to like hang on by your fingernails as this thing flies down the lane. And also making sure you hit all the possible upgrades on your path down so you can get the best chance for a strike. It just it feels great, It looks great, sounds great. I'm surprised at that I did not hear about it until I think someone mentioned it in chat last week or something like that, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, I'll check this out. And I've been playing a little bit of it since then in between rounds of Sectory. But this is the other game I most want to be playing.
Speaker 4: Right, I mean, Greb, I'm looking at this and it's doing a lot of things. I like, it's got the thing where it's like, oh, what if there was like three hundred pins in this one. It's got things where you're getting the upgrades like exploding ball and gravity ball and stuff like that. This looks I need to play this a sap.
Speaker 5: It's just it's just well thought out in every way where it's like, oh, they made they just everything that they could think of that would be fun.
Speaker 2: They threw it in there. It's just fun at every turn I.
Speaker 4: Do, all two hundred megabytes of it.
Speaker 3: The pen action we were just good. We got good pen action. We have good pen action.
Speaker 5: I will say the action is maybe maybe more focused on the ball action versus the pen action, but when you do hit the pens, it's satisfying it bounce around. I know, I listen. I know how you need your pen action and this.
Speaker 2: Game's gonna deliver it for you. But uh, yeah, the focus is on the ball.
Speaker 1: Speaking about fun around every corner. I have been enjoying watching your streams of this game, Dan, you have been playing seci row.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I feel like I've had enough people in recent months talk about it and tell me I should try, Like Kayla was telling me I should play through it. I was playing punch Out like a week or two ago, and I was realizing, like, wait a minute, actually, I'm really good at like reacting quickly the things and recognizing attacks and stuff like maybe maybe now he's the time to try this. So you have like four hours into it, uh, really enjoying it. But like I did two two hour sessions of it, and both of them went the same way, where it's like I start out, get to a new area, having a lot of fun, hit a roadblock, like you know. In the first stream it was the ogre, and then the next one it was the big drunk guy with the sword, and both times I die, like you know, ten times, I'm like fuck this. You know, I'm doing everything right. I like I'm blaming the game, you know, it's like, oh, this is the game's fault. Is surely it's not my fault. And then it's just like you get out of that mindset and it's like, no, no, this is an incredible game. I'm fucking up. I need to be more patient. I need to learn different ways to go after these guys. And I've been doing like that moment when everything clicks together, like when I fought the big drunk guy with the sword, it's like I had a run where it's like, all right, I snuck around, I took out all the ads around him. I saved the NPC to help me until they were all gone. I went in. I had all my you know, flashs or whatever. And then you just are patient and you recognize the attacks. You know when to move, when to perry, when to like it's god, damn it, it is a really really good game. I still I still don't believe that I will beat it. I honestly think I will get to a point where.
Speaker 3: That's why you fail.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 4: Is like all these like gaming challenges and stuff like, if I stick with it, I get really fucking good. Second, look at punch Out, look at all this stuff. You know, it's like it's just it is incredibly frustrating when it's frustrating, and unlike elden Ring or Bloodborne, the other two like souls likes I've beaten or I guess the only two souls likes I've beaten. You can choose it, you can over level, you can grind, and this is the one where you can't. And that is so fucking intimidating to me. And seeing Kayla, you know, struggle, you know for months with that last boss. Granted she was going through like eighteen different forms of input lag without realizing it, but it still seems really fucking hard. So I don't know, I don't I don't expect to beat it, but I'm definitely going to try to keep moving forward.
Speaker 2: It's still not at a point where like it can maybe all super quick with you, but you know, you also kind of have to enjoy the idea of a boss might take you forty tries, and like that's a process and it's a learning thing, right, Like, you're kind of close to Madam Butterfly in the one path and that was the boss. I think I died to the most and it was something like forty five times. But I mean I enjoy that, all right, I enjoy Like, Okay, I'm getting a little bit better.
Speaker 1: I'm doing this. Should I do this? Definitely should try this item here? Things like that.
Speaker 2: I will say, I it may be something for you because you're kind of at a part where there's two pass right now. You're sort of in that weird flashback thing. Yeah, but you could keep going down the main path for a while and you get some upgrades from that that maybe will help out on that pack. Because Madam Butterfly is hard. I think most people consider her the first really big roadblocks, right christ Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, she can be a tough one.
Speaker 4: I am having an easier time this time than when I played it originally because I refuse to parry the first time I played this game when it first came out. Oh, it turns out that it's like playing Mario without jumping. Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really because like even like even when once you kind of learned how the health bar works, like, yes, you take down their health by hitting them with the sword, but it's really about filling up that other meter and that's how you just take off like a whole like bar of their health, right.
Speaker 4: And learning things that like what is the deal where it's like the lower their health is, the more stagger damage they take.
Speaker 2: Or something like that you need to Yeah, so you do need to get some hits on them, not so much to lower their health to kill them, but the lower their health is, the more the slower the stagger deterior rates.
Speaker 1: Is kind of the way that it works. Nice see Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So you know you want to get those hits in when you can, so you kind of have to be doing both. You gotta get the Perrys in. You have to kind of get your hits in. So that's why a lot of fights it's kind of like Perry Perry, swing right, get a hit in that kind of thing. Yeah, okay, yeah, Now there's still like some things Dan for like I don't know if cheesing is the word, but like you have those tools now, and there are just some bosses who are weak to specific tools and things like that. But yeah, it's definitely not like you know, dark souls where you can't just go over level where you can like get this person to come and help you at the fight and you can only throw fire pots at him stuff like that.
Speaker 4: And yeah, not just over leveling. Like I again, Bloodborne and elden Ring are the two souls Likes I've beaten, and not only over leveling. I was summoning the max amount of other players I could in every boss fight and hiding in a corner. So it's like I've never really taken the time. I've never done a good job in a from boss fight. You know, I guess Armored Corps, but like, you know, I don't know if that's considering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think out of all the Souls Born games, Sekuro is still my favorite. Like I finished elden Ring, but like, I don't think I enjoyed my whole time through it. But Sekiro just like something so satisfying, and maybe it's just being like a ninja samurai guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah was cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, I just I Yeah, I absolutely love that challenge arising to it. It's I think it's easily my favorite of the FRUMS games, even more so than an Elder Ring. I still constantly thinking about it. Was watching Dan play it, and I was It's just like I should gonna play Sacaro again.
Speaker 3: I miss it.
Speaker 2: It's just so freaking satisfying. And like, you know, I you know that drunk guy. I struggled on him just as much as you did, I think that first time, and part of me is like, man, I just start back now, because I bet I would just annihilate him. I also never realized there was that guy there. You can help me dance, You're that's crazy A little bit better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have the coolest feeling though, like something that like used to absolutely annihilate. Like I think about this all the time with Mike Tyson. You know, Mike Tyson, thirty years in that game of just annihilating me and me never getting close. And now it's like I can do it ten times in a row right now, no problem.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, you really do get the group, especially because you know there's that system where there's like that red flashing symbol and in most games that would just mean to press this button symbol. In this game, it means one of few things is gonna happen. Maybe it's the thrust that you can do the mckeii counter. Maybe it's a sweep and you need to jump, or maybe it's a grabbing you just need to dodge. So it's like and I kind of like that. It's not just like the Batmanic Missiga. I will push us not just just then that pay attention. Something import is gonna happen. Can you read it? So you kind of like you get into this mindset, like, Okay, if they sort of lunge their arms backwards, it's gonna be some kind of a thrust. They're sort of like arching, it's gonna be a sweep, and the kind of opening up their arms, it's gonna be a grab. We just kind of internalize all this game. He's such a signals.
Speaker 1: He's in like coach mode right now. I think you should have like a whistle around your neck sweatsuit.
Speaker 2: I love it so much. It's just like one of my favorite games.
Speaker 4: Even if I can't be even if I fall off or whatever, next time I play it, it's like it is undeniably an incredible game. It would just sell me and my own degustration stuffing me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not to not to glaze y'all real quick, but I think I've become a better gamer because of y'all.
Speaker 2: Wow, we lift up our friends here, that's what we do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not not just with puzzles, but just like playing games in general. And I feel like there is a discernible uh shift in terms of like, oh I am good at this now. Holy smokes, it's because of the chuckle heads around me, isn't it? That's all that missed time?
Speaker 4: Next up is a marathon, Jane.
Speaker 1: You know what it could be? It could be uh, Mikey, you have been playing a soul's like of sorts nine Souls.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Actually, like in this game even basically advertised itself as much. It's two D secoro. That's a lot of what's going on here now. Aesthetically you are like a cat of a race of cat esque yeah. Uh and there it's kind of sci.
Speaker 1: Fi e mixed in with all that uh sort of you know, uh, ancient Japanese culture stuff.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's a metroid vein. Yeah, so you have some of the move of stuff, but it's a lot of it is focused on this very pery focused combat.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I was crazy or is it Perry remember that from my next stream title thank You? But yeah, I you know, thinking about Secoro and also sort of missing Silk Song at BET. I've had an itch for another one of these difficult Metro venus. This one is always kind of brought up in that hall in like vein in terms of you know, like, oh, what's the hardest Metroid Venia ever?
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: So I was looking forward to this and it has been delivering, especially on the boss fight front, where you just have these bosses that are absolute dances. It was great. It's like, you know, it's a bit different than the Secro where it's just like, oh, Perry, their health goes.
Speaker 1: Down when you parry.
Speaker 2: You can very you kind of immediately do this dash move that then leaves a sort of print on them, and then you activate that and it's a bomb. So you kind of do these parry strings and then counter with that, and that's kind of the dance involved in this game, and it feels very good when you get that off. It's it's yeah, it's been a big game. It's a bit talky for a metroid. Yeah yeah, yeah. It just turned me off of it because I tried it and I was playing, I was having an okay time. I just couldn't get past the early parts because it's like I was just bored. I think, yeah, yeah, and it's like it's well done and like I am interested in all these characters now, right, but there's a bit of like, Okay, I'm going back to my home base to get this upgrade, and also three people probably want to talk to me, and after a while it's a little bit of a drain. Is something you're not necessarily looking forward to tell you kind of turn the corner again where I'm so I am so attached to these characters now that I do like it, but I definitely prefer more of the Hollow Night system of you know, there's characters talking sometimes, but a lot of the lore and the story is very understated. This game is really pushing all of that to the forefront. But again it's not a detriment to it. It does present some pacing issues, especially early on, Jeff, Yeah, because you do have to kind of do this whole intro thing before things that I don't really get going.
Speaker 3: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: About the game just I immediately bounced off after it started opening up, after like the kind of opening sequence of you being trained supported away, just something about the combat I just didn't quite click with. I don't know if it's because it was like a two D thing or there was just something off about it for for me personally, but I did find it to be very very talky. Maybe it's the whole cat thing for me.
Speaker 2: Maybe Catt someone says that it's their foxes, and that's blowing my mind.
Speaker 1: Are they foxed? I think there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the cats, the cat I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, the combat has been feeling really good to me, And like the Perry window feels just about right where what's the too is if you just kind of get the perry, you'll take damage, but it's a damage that will reach in to the point where you lost it, right, and then when you get the perfect perry, that's when they're you know, it's like the folle Okay, now you can counterattack thing, so kind of like in separate right where there's a Perry window and you can get like a kind of a thing or you can get like the big thing.
Speaker 1: And uh, that feels really good.
Speaker 2: Again. Like I'm pretty deep into the game, I'm probably gonna beat it soon. Some of these late game bosses it just felt super satisfying where you know, I'm finding a guy and there's like knives going everywhere, so it's like swing swing, turn to my left block block and then someone's a clone and you can only count this one by jumping and doing an air dodge and jump off him. And then I dashed through this person. Do my special tag again. It's that dance and when it's clicking, it feels super satisfying.
Speaker 1: Quick it a lot quick pulse check here Mount rushmore paarying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, George Washington, thirty three has got to be up there, right, yeah, yeah, sure, expedition I will I will throw in knife paying from residval four.
Speaker 1: That's just kind of cool to say.
Speaker 2: Also that yeah, yeah, same same, yeah, hatchet pair instead of knife Perry, uh for sure. Gosh.
Speaker 1: Now I'm trying to think, like, what's the fourth you know.
Speaker 3: What actually feels really good?
Speaker 4: No one ever talks about the soul caliber Perry. If you do that, if you tap a and forward and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be it could be like Street Fighter three even yeah, yeah, yeah. If I think about fighting game Perry's, I am actually think third Strike and I think I might actually go there because that's because you think, you know, you have that famous moment, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, so yeah, I think I think I'll do that. People don't know. Just look Google moment thirty seven and you've seen it before.
Speaker 1: Speaking about getting better at games because of just osmosis through y'all and pairing.
Speaker 3: I am curious about trying a fighting game out. I want to.
Speaker 1: I want to explore, and but I don't know should I go in full hog and like get a fight stick, or should I just get.
Speaker 2: Like a pad or you want to play by six or over rated? Like controllers are very good at this stuff.
Speaker 4: Now get a good Genesis fight stick and play balls three day?
Speaker 1: Yeah there it is all right, yeah, yeah, thank you. Sense Let's PLI Let's just six is still kind of the one. I think it's good, Okay, Okay. I I've always been curious about a hit box as well. Maybe I'll I'll pick up one of those.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you wanna try like something like that, or like you know, you're talking about the level less controllers. Is that what you mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like I don't like a stick or whatever.
Speaker 2: Play on a keyboard. That's where it came from. So it's like it's like try it on the keyboard first, and see if you like it.
Speaker 4: And then that's the ones with just buttons, right y. Yeah, I have seen images of those, and I've never once understood how do you move?
Speaker 2: Like what is the like the button? The button it's like a dpad. Yeah, so there's like deepad but they're shaped in a weird way. It's not like your fingers are resting on all of them at all times, right, because they do duke and movements and other things.
Speaker 5: They're shaped different because it's a it's a fighting game, and up doesn't move them. Up it jumps, so it's like it's like unless you're playing a three D game, and it's like that's a little bit different, but it's yeah, it's set up with that in mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hardcore. It's hard core. I wouldn't I think getting a leverless before you just beside it you really like fighting games is kind of like when you go and buy the really expensive driver before you've like hit the holes exactly. Buy the equipment when you need it, not not not beforehand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like's right, fantastic. I thought we were just talking about driving a car through like a fake hole the wall that we just paint. God, I want to do that to someone someday speak about fighting games. Uh, Dan Reiker, you're gonna be embarking on a fighting game later today. Yeah, and Rivals of eighth two.
Speaker 4: I never stopped talking about Rivals of eighth or two. I know, I'm sorry, you're such a sad I know. It's like Grub with Sectory. It's me with Rivals of eighth or two.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: I will occasionally get tapped by Twitch rivals to compete on their stream, and that causes me to play games I normally wouldn't like Minecraft, squid games, and so now it's Rivals of eighth or two. And it's like I'm on a team three guys, and I think they specifically wanted like someone who's never played it like me, have some like middle tier guys, and then like professional global you know, competitive dudes or whatever. So that's the plan. Yeah, I'm doing that after the BombCast today, I just hope to not embarrass my team. I them mad. It was my main It's like a bug man that can make a big pillar of rocks, and he can make rocks and throw them. I did some training last night with someone on my team. He was very nice. Uh, but even then it's like, I don't know anything about Smash Brothers competitive because you know, I've only played all items all bullshit, no one knows what they're doing, and so like even like the terms he was using when we were training, He's like, Okay, well you're f you know your f dah strong attack is this them?
Speaker 1: Mmm?
Speaker 4: I think that's probably means F is forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's your that's your forward air. You're yeah, you're near your neutral air.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's It was fucking insane when Extra Life, when you guys were over here and was it Mitch, you and Kate played some ultimate. I don't think I've ever seen a no items Smash Brothers fight until then, And like, I don't think I've ever seen anyone block and Smash Brothers any guys blocking and like doing fighting.
Speaker 2: Game spot and dodging and things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, every I've played hundreds off, not thousands of hours of Smash Brothers.
Speaker 2: I played thirty hours straight once.
Speaker 4: I it's it's been the game where Nintendo characters throw poke balls at each other my entire life. So it was wild whole other side of it. But that's all I say. I will do absolutely terribly this afternoon.
Speaker 2: Somehow, I've never played Rivals of Eighth two. I played a bit of the first one and enjoyed. Okay, I always have the same problem with all these Smash Brothers inspired games that I'm just ultimately like, I think I'd rather play Smash Brothers actually still, But I've heard some for good things about this one for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember back in the s F studio anytime in between streams, recordings podcasts, nine times out of ten I would find Ben Pack playing the original Rivals of Ether by himself at a dark room in the studio.
Speaker 4: It seems really deep, like there are like a lot of mechanics to it. I mean, I can see if you're into that. It seems like a very good one of those.
Speaker 3: Is Rivals of Ether, the one that had like a WWE.
Speaker 2: Crossover All Stars Prosser is the one that had like all the indie game characters in it. It did, but I was of eighth or one had like or he was in it, right, I don't think is in the second one, So there's yeah, I think Chevi Night was in brol or something.
Speaker 1: Okay, not this one.
Speaker 2: I don't know if eight there's two as any cross They've all been the same thing in my head for years, So that's where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, moving on last game that we have here on the dock at Jeff Grubb, you talked about this, i think during the mic check, but Rhythm Doctor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a rhythm game very similar kind of in terms of terms of style or like energy to Rhythm Heaven. But you play as a doctor who treats his pavements through rhythm games, and it like introduces all these cool mix ups to how it will work where it's like sometimes uh, the EKG machine you're using to monitor their heart, like you're trying to match up their heart rhythm and go on the seventh beat or something like that. Uh, it'll mess up or get interference because of whatever disease they have, and so it's like it'll begin throwing static at you or a remix of the heartbeat, but you still need to be going on the normal beat. So all this crazy music will be happening over here, and you still got to keep the one, two, three, four, five, six seven in your head, and it just like creates this really cool thing where it's like I'm playing the game in my head over here, all this insane shit's happening on the screen and it's really well done. And then of course they mix it up. There's it's like Rhythm Heaven. It'll be like one where it's like, ah, yeah, that's about hitting on the seventh beat. This one's about keeping the clap. So it's happened one clap here you do the second clap?
Speaker 3: Boop boop.
Speaker 1: Are you fixing the clap as well?
Speaker 5: You're I've treated the clap. Yes, I'm I healed the clap through claps. It's it's really good, really well done.
Speaker 2: I used to play. I'm playing on the on the computer with the space bar is my only input. It is making me like mis Rhythm Heaven. I think I still prefer Rhythm Heaven's structure of like here's a weird, bespoke, insane mini game situation where it's you know, four boys in a choir, or or you're on building a robot in a factory. I still love all that stuff. But this hospital setting with these sort of scaled back eight bit aesthetic is working for me as well. I'm certainly enjoying it. There is a two other things.
Speaker 5: I did get some stuff in my po box one of those things was this Atari Jaguar controller that has a USB dongle. So if you guys want to make me play a game on the computer with an Atari Jaguar controller Jaguar.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, what we should make that happen?
Speaker 1: For audio listeners, grow, can you describe what this controller looks like?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't.
Speaker 5: If you asked me before I had this thing, if I could name it from I would be like, I think it's got a bunch of like phone buttons on it.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so it's got three face buttons, a B and C option and pause, and a D pad and then below that is the one through nine number pad on the controller itself.
Speaker 3: This thing is nuts. I never understood what those were. I think that was.
Speaker 2: I think like some people would like kind of like old games, like like I think click over and stuff will do this. You can put it overly on top of it. So suddenly they'd be like, oh, you're playing like a ship game. This one's fire torpedo, and this I had a clicko. I had a clicko vision.
Speaker 3: That's what we had.
Speaker 2: We had the adaptor for to you play Atari games, and that had a dial controller and a number pad controller and I had the number pad controller. I used it once. Maybe it's in television in television, Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Jackwart did that. I don't know this otherwise, like what would Bubbzy possibly need with?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: What the Aliens versus Predator? I don't think was using one through nine?
Speaker 1: Would those be used for like passwords or codes for likes or whatever?
Speaker 2: Sure some stuff did that, Yeah, but it's like does that need to be built into the goddamn controller? That crazy? That's really insane.
Speaker 5: The other thing is I bought this kind of sight unseen the second went on on sale without thinking about it, and only recently I learned they only made one and eighty five of them. It's the fortieth anniversion, fortieth anniversary edition of the eight bit dough Ultimate two controller, and it's the fortieth anniversary edition.
Speaker 2: Of the ne S release in the United States.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 5: It's like he's got these like dates down here and stuff like that that represent like other console launches in Nintendo history. That aesthetics like a little bit, but everything else about it's really nice. I like the colors it lights up red and the wells and stuff like that looks real nice, and then it's got a great like neys pattern on the dock that it comes with. Also comes with a dongle that you can plug into the ne E S and just use this controller on the originals hardware if you want, which I.
Speaker 2: Thought was really cool.
Speaker 1: Interesting interesting, yes, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty cool. I think we'll have a maybe make a social post about this controller. Yeah, well, I bought over Blood. I own this now too. I'm I'm glad you did very nicely. It's it's worth having good work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, preserving history there, good job, Mikey. Yeah, yeah, you go.
Speaker 3: We're over blood, brothers.
Speaker 1: I can't follow y'all down that path of collecting. You're gonna play over Blood too? Yeah yeah, okay, folks at home, many are folks here. Any other things you'll want to talk about before we take a brick and break any other games or whatever.
Speaker 2: No, someone told me to try out this a merchant's promise, which is just like you play as a merchant who has to like physically move all your goods from one city to the other in a cart, and like you could take one path and it's like that's the shorter path, but there's no real road there and you have to like go over hills and stuff like that, and there's another path, but you have to pay a fee to use this nice road. You have to pay the king or whatever.
Speaker 5: And I started it up and it seems really intimidating because it's got a lot of confusing elements to it. But I'm gonna play a bunch of that. I'll come back next week and talk about it then. So whoever was telling me to check that out, I'll report back soon.
Speaker 3: There's not some of the South Park in Fortnite? How was it we? Oh yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Played Fortnite last week on UPF.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think just like coming off the incredible integration of Simpson, this is feeling yes, much less than so, you know, there's fun, like you know again, it's more. It's honestly just more of like seeing people who have no exposure to South Park understanding drips and drabs and like selected you know, ephemera from.
Speaker 2: The get high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like hey, you know, and then like we were where I forget where we were, and someone had like a mister Hanky like figurine at a restaurant and I'm just like and like I'm just it's just so weird to like extract like eleven percent of South Park and that's all you know of this entire thing. It's wild. I don't know one thing I do. I did want to bring up real quick about four Nite. Apparently there is like a Ferris Bueller Ferrari in a like Easter Egg in Fortnite. At some point, we showed Dylan Ferris Bueller's day off yesterday for the first time. Oh, he loved it. He loved it. He walked that last scene with the Ferrari going through the glass.
Speaker 2: He was triggered.
Speaker 3: He's like, I know this, I know what this is. And we're like, what, what's happening? How is this how absorbing culture works now? And he's like, no, I know that this that this car goes through a glasshouse and it's in Fortnite, And I'm just like, what do you really like this?
Speaker 2: This sounds like me watching a lot of like adult movies and realizing that I knew the references from Simpsons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, which you know what Simpson's is our Fortnite. If we're being completely outmost right, that is what it is. That's how we absorb and exactly like it's how we absorbed probably like movies from the thirties and forties because they were played on in this series. And what is really the difference when it gets when you get right down to it, but the fact that like he was watching this entire movie and he's loving it, and then the second that Ferrari goes through the glass window, he's like, I know exactly what this is. Meanwhile, I we like only found one video on YouTube that had maybe four hundred views that was documenting this easter egg about there is anybody under know more about this?
Speaker 1: Like did it have to do with that season where they were doing all these like movie tie ins, like the Tarantino stuff, the Back to the Future stuff.
Speaker 3: So I said to him, like, buddy, you gotta understand where we're coming from here. Okay, you're saying you know this, and he knew. He definitely knew it because he's like, yeah, that goes to the garage, like I know what's gonna happen. So he definitely saw it. We saw a very we saw Okay, Danny and Chest as well. This happened sixty years ago in game how I said, dude, like, what what do you He's like, maybe I saw like a YouTube highlight reel where someone was like something going through all the Easter eggs and this showed up in it, And because his brain is just complete sponge mode, he just sort of you know, what else is he filling in there besides Eminem's and popcorn? But like, yeah, I guess, I guess he just like remembered it. I couldn't believe it. Unbelievable. Uh, turns out Fairs Bueller is a pretty good movie for a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I didn't think about it, but it's like, oh yeah, my kids get a little bit older, that'll be a perfect movie. They just they're one of their first live action movies that they actually cared about was The Mask. So that's where we're okay. They liked quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Back are or how ready are you that there is a possibility in the world that the first time Dib may consume Jaws could be through Fortnite.
Speaker 3: You could fix that there?
Speaker 2: Right has its references. I feel like there's been references to Jaws in Fortnite.
Speaker 3: I feel like, hey, there has to be right, and I feel like most things have gotten found their way in there by now. I don't know he already played the Jaws pinball machine.
Speaker 2: So he kind of knows, like your stands, it's out there.
Speaker 1: But there's a shot the problems. Yeah, if I said, oh, we're gonna need a bigger boat, would he understand where that came from? Or maybe not?
Speaker 3: If we probably not.
Speaker 1: If we started doing the show and just had like vertigo zooms, would you get that reference a.
Speaker 2: Great vertigo zooms ring you when you move the camera in a parallax and then it's shark in real life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brody's on the beach and he's just y. Yeah I called those something else.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. Yeah, yeah, yeah, huh yeah, the bigger both things. He wouldn't know, but he just knows that like Massachusetts and Cape cod and sharks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was like dom everyone is, oh yeah the motif. Uh, folks looks like that about does it for games. But there is a quick look out on the website now Memory Meo, Memories in orbit start that.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, this is the metroid vein I did. I was quick look with with Chuck. Chuck piloted. It's a good quick look. Uh, it's a it's a Metroidvania in the very much in the Hollow Night style. They're trying to be hollow night and I'm still early. It's not it's not grabbing me super well, but uh, I think I need to just stick with it a little bit further because the stuff that Chuck was showing me, It's like, Okay, clearly there's a ton more here, and I bet I get an upgrade or two more and I'll be right there with it.
Speaker 3: You could say he's he's wrong. Yeah, he's not around this week. He's just wrong.
Speaker 2: He just led wrong. Yeah, he fled because he was so wrong. Stick to what you know, stick to what you get back in the website minds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he was Upsetti Spaghetti because of the thing that you, uh and I are recording with him.
Speaker 3: Uh, Grub.
Speaker 1: He was just so upset about that and then messing up the first quick look.
Speaker 2: With him first. Uh, there's an io problem and I got kicked to the side. He brought and brought Grub in. That's okay though, because I forgot his last name when they came up in the beginning. All Right, folks, we're gonna go take a quick bricky break and we we'll be back with the news right after the zimmer Feld.
Speaker 3: Is that what you said?
Speaker 1: Yeah, quick, uh again another quick pulse check. How many we motes do y'all think you have in your house right now?
Speaker 4: Seven?
Speaker 3: Seven?
Speaker 1: Grub just got up and left. I definitely have two somewhere, just do know where they are. That's a pink one.
Speaker 2: Have a pink one?
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, looks like a sex toy, it does, Grub.
Speaker 1: You said the magic word, a pink one. So now we can do the news.
Speaker 2: Is over all?
Speaker 1: Right, product, there were no products targeting that because no one's found it yet, at least.
Speaker 5: No one that was going to see all right, I have some news here. Let's start off with this one. High Guard didn't pay for that final spot at the Game Awards. You might have heard that if you listened to the show like a month ago where we said.
Speaker 2: That, Like I was like, yeah, you remember that.
Speaker 1: When I saw this circle circulating around, I'm like, didn't we know that already?
Speaker 2: We did?
Speaker 5: Okay, but but it's confirmed again and again Imron said it like a couple of weeks ago. Paul Tassy's reporting it and that's what really popped it off. Uh yeah, they it was selected by Keighley for that last spot, and everyone's going like that's impossible.
Speaker 2: He should know better. Wow. Well, well, I want to pause it this and I don't want anyone to freak out or anything here, But perhaps Jeff Keighley is out of touch. Yeah, I think that's a likely scenario, Mike.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And also it's like, uh.
Speaker 5: I think he probably played the game, thought it was pretty good, and thought from the makers of titan Fall two would go a long way, not realizing goes like that's great. We want titan Fall three, not whatever this live service stuff is, because it's another live service game. It has still been radio silent since this happened. I mean, louch Monday, right Monday. I think we next month the squad together, we do a launch day stream of High Guard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I long. I think that's where we're at. Like right now, it doesn't they haven't said a single thing about it.
Speaker 5: I think there's a chance, you know, it'd be weird if they didn't at this point because it's getting so close. But they haven't said a single thing about now. It's it's free to play, right, so it's not like this weird thing where you're gonna have to like get people ready to spend some money and apex Legends definitely had a here it is out of nowhere. It just launched and it did really well for that game. So maybe they're hoping to could sort of replicate that a little bit after whatever happened at the Game Board's happened to this game. But we should try this game out if it does launch on Monday and see for ourselves. I bet the people are priming themselves up for a redemption story here, like, Oh, I actually do like this game. I don't care what the haters say.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to do that. I want to like it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like character like I've gone back into Marvel Rivals. I could maybe go for another character shooter. Do you think Healey did the mental calculus about like what that last spot at the Game Awards can do to a game? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I wonder I having hurt that he could hurt a game more than help it, right, I don't think that occurred to him?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I mean because really, like when you're setting up your show, you're excited. You're like, Hey, this is I'm in LA. I'm Jeff Keeley. You're a bunch of developers from the Los Angeles area. We're friends, like we probably see each other and we're in the same circles all the time. I'm gonna do you guys a solid I like your game. People are gonna love it's no one's thinking it and like, and then people are gonna freak out because it wasn't it was the one last thing, and it wasn't exactly what they wanted obviously. It's like, you flip it around, make that the second last thing. He may make Fates of the Old Republic the last thing. And I think that solves most of the problems right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that solves pretty much all of them, except, like, you know, maybe we're not even talking about this game at all, like honestly at that point, right I maybe like would not remember what High Guard even is now. Maybe that's better than it kind of being a punchline, which is sort of the case right now. And it's one where hey, maybe the joke's on all of us. Maybe the game's gonna turn out. And it's hard because the game can't just come out and actually be good. It has to come out be good and find an audience. It's two things. Those can both be difficult with concord, right because you know, that's what we're all thinking of. I think the whole industry is still staggered from Concord's just absolute abysmal performance that game. It was not that bad to actually play, right, Like, whether he's where you think it was good or great, the quality to play your base ratio was heavily out of balance. So how good does high Born have to be to kind of have its hard hi guard? Oh got high Born? How good does it have to be to like really latch onto an audience here with its you know, middling presentation, right, Like, that's the reason why it showed poorly is that the presentation of it is not inspired.
Speaker 1: And I'm hearing on the streets that Overwatch two is picking up a little bit more traction is but like I feel part of that is because people are at least familiar at this point with a lot of those Overwatch characters. Maybe is about the newer ones and Marvel rivals just has the name recognition of Marvel. It does feel like an uphill battle for any of these character shooters to like now get you into the world and get you invested. My question, did that deadlock? Did that ever come out out?
Speaker 2: I think it is still technically in early access. Yeah, but people are spending a lot of money on it and has a lot of players, so yeah, yeah, and that's like, that's kind of you know, that's almost more in the Mobis Space than Character Shooter. It's obviously a combination of the two for sure. Yeah, so that's a it's an interesting cause. And it's Valve, which you know, is it always a guarantee remember artifact?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah it's Valve.
Speaker 2: No, there's no monetorization. And Deadlock that's crazy, what a weird thing. It's a focus, it's still it's it's enclosed. Batis like you can only play if you get invited, right, but there's still it has so many players. Oh man, that's a weird, weird, weird thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, we should we should do a double feature. We should do a high Guard and then Deadlock, all right, and then by deadlock. We just watched the Deadlock voice.
Speaker 4: Sure sounds great.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize. So right now, someone mentions out that high Guard is just a sitting Yes, that's crazy. That can't be on purpose, even if it's subconscious, it's not great. Yeah, and then that's the thing that people don't want another Overwatch. If they're gonna they want Overwatch, they'll go to Overwatch too, which is better than it has been.
Speaker 1: And I know that we share our fair share of bad puns and stuff, but come on, guys.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, I think you nailed jam. This thing has an uphill battle. It's got it like every win, it has to take every win.
Speaker 2: It can't have any l's and it just already out of the gate had one of the biggest els we've seen, you know, not on the level of a Concord, but like since Concord in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: And I mean, like you know, uh, like barring the dumbass that was that absolutely kneecapped his game split Gate two, which then became split Gate What arena?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just make a first person shooters great against your problems with that.
Speaker 1: A loser anyway?
Speaker 4: Is the Riot one still big.
Speaker 2: Valerioue Yeah, Yeah, that's its own orbit, Yeah, on its own found a niche by being like the counterstrike meets hero shooter thing, and it's a good combo and it gets to live and you know, their whole orbits with all the stuff they have for esports and everything.
Speaker 1: It helps. Yeah, but with split Gate. I mean, I know the original one had like a gigantic audience. Maybe that was because of the pandemic, Like, yeah, it tapered off very quickly. Uh, and they couldn't ever capitalize. And sure again the game's rep was hurt by the CEO. But I I don't know, even that game that had some familiarity couldn't catch on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's just not a lot of a blue ocean in this space. It's all just the deadly shark infested waters, and no matter where you go, you kind of can't get away from that reality. Speaking of Marathon's release date may have been accidentally shared early on the Xbox Store update. It was confirmed for March fifth, twenty twenty six. The game's forty dollars. It's coming to PS five, Xbox PC. Yeah, I don't know. Last couple of play updates on the play test people seemed a lot more positive about it. I don't know if it's positive enough, But I don't know. It's bungee.
Speaker 5: It always feels like it has a puncher's chance of being like, oh, that's the best feeling shorter.
Speaker 2: Of the year. I don't know, for so long.
Speaker 3: Tighty dollars, forty dollars.
Speaker 2: For a while, I was like, oh, Arc Raiders is going to eat things lunch. But maybe our readers has done some good groundwork here because Arc Raiders is forty dollars, So now people are kind of used to the idea that you pay for one of these. It's not just inherently free to play. It's gotten a lot of people used to the entire genre of extraction shooting, and it's also been out long enough that people might be looking for a different flavor of it. Maybe I still think there's a bit bit of an uphill climb here, but again it's bungeee. If it plays well, if they fix things from that first disastrous alpha, they might still have a decent shot here of having something. I'm the number one selling game on Steam right now. I mean Marathon is, you know, before it comes out pre orders, number one selling game on Steam, and they do that by dollars, So it's forty dollars, you know, the other game. The other things on here are like Quarantine Zone, the Last Check for sixteen dollars, a new zombie game that's yeah, Magic the Gathering Arena is making a ton of money. The steam Deck is actually the number one thing, though Marathon's right behind that.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm a little bit worried. I know that there was some AI art caught in like I guess early iterations of the game or whatever. I'm curious to see.
Speaker 2: Stolen stolen art, right, they had stolen art, yeah, and other artist stuff without their permission, and that caused a big problem for him.
Speaker 1: I'm curious if they've been able to untangle all of that or because that would be another thing to hurt the game if it has a successful launch and everything, which I hope it does h only for it to then be like hampered by oh no, my art was stolen, or maybe there was like AI usage in other parts of the game.
Speaker 5: Maybe I think there was there's big enough backlash there that it sounded like they knew they had to do right by that artist. And I think that all that stuff was settled and they you know, they touched the stove and the stove was really hot. You hope they learned that they don't touch the stove again. So hopefully all that stuff is untangled and.
Speaker 2: It cynically, I mean, Urca kind of proudly has the AI voices, right even though they made a zillion dollars, they still aren't replacing those with real people or anything. So people will stomach a certain degree.
Speaker 1: Of that slop. It seems like, at least in this genre.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Keith, the.
Speaker 2: Division three boss Julian Garritty was talking I think I might have talked about on last week's episode. He's like, Oh, yeah, it's gonna be a really really big game, and then he left a week later. He went, He's going to EA. He is now in charge of Battlefield. He's going to be helping out with Battlefield six and.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, people move around. If I was at Ubisoft, I would also want to go to a different corporation. It sucks that it's like, oh, do I work for the one that's kind of falling apart slowly and is being propped up over there by Tencent, or do I go this one that's being propped up by Saudi Arabia. Kind of a mess in corporate games production these days, sure, but Battlefield is the very least. It's like one there. It's like, well, EA's not giving up on that anytime soon, and you'd be soft who knows. It's so fick all over there. Who knows what they do in the future. Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Do.
Speaker 2: I think like if Battlefield six just came out, it seemed like I had a really hot start.
Speaker 5: It did have a really hot start, it did very well. Now the word around that game is cooled off significantly. I don't know if people have been listening to this show, especially in the new segment, for long enough, they've heard this ups and downs with big games like this for years and years, and it's like, I don't know, for a six month period, it's the worst thing that's ever happened. In the next six month period, it's back, just like we're talking about with Overwatch two being back right that was in the dumpster after it came out. Battlefield does feel like it's in a down period, but it's perennial these kinds of games. They'll find a way to bring it back and keep people interested, right right, And.
Speaker 2: I mean, is he filling in, like you know the spot that was left o opened by his and Paula's passing.
Speaker 1: Is that what's happening here?
Speaker 2: There's none of that was brought up.
Speaker 5: I don't know, it seems like that's possible, but it feels like that happened pretty quickly if that was the case, So no indication that that's exactly what happened. Digital Eclipses Disney Afternoon Collection retro compilation has finally been rated for the Switch and Switch to mikey.
Speaker 3: You get it.
Speaker 2: Let's go Rescuer right there? Tails Yep, let's see here the Ductails Rescue Rangers one and two, tail Spin, Dark Wing Duck. It's is Duckhaale's one and two as well. I didn't say no number two there. There is some speculation that like Digital clips has done stuff like this before, and they've added additional content when they did that, maybe like they could add the Genesis version of Tailspin is what people are thinking. Do you think there's any chance of that that game's bad? And also it's made by Sega. What if you're going to do sixteen bit? There's like a there's a goof Troop game for the supernesoena play that was made by Capcom and it's very good. It's basically like a co op Zelda kind of thing, very puzzle focused, so that would be amazing to have on there. You can also just like throw in the there's a little Mermaid Capcom game for a nes that you could throw in as well. But even if it is just the games in the original, that was a really good collection. Some of those games, especially Ducktails, are just all timers since they came out back in twenty seventeen, and it bummed me out then that there wasn't a switch version. So if this is finally happening, I'd be so happy just being able to play through Ductails over and over and over again, like I don't get really good. Maybe even speed run Ducktails. I think that would be a ton of fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would love to see that.
Speaker 2: Forts A Horizon six's release date may have been revealed early by an in game ad. An allegend in game ad basically said the game is gonna get early access starting May fifteenth.
Speaker 5: It'll launch in earnest on May nineteenth. Oh yeah, that's that's right, that's true. That's when that game is coming out. I think Fable will then come out in like late summer, August, September. I can't remember exactly. I just have late summer in my head. But we'll be finding out probably a lot more about these specifically, that's this week, right, they're doing the Xbox Developer direct where they're talking about this game, they're talking about Fable, they're talking about that game Freak, maybe Soulsborn game that I can't remember the name of right now, and then and then there is the secret fourth game that is probably that Double Find game Kill.
Speaker 2: January twenty second, one pm Eastern is when this direct is happening. Well, there you go, so we'll get all those details probably then that Hey, that's sooner than I was expecting for Forts of Horizon six, which I'm definitely in the mood for, so going to Japan, I want to see it. Yeah, absolutely, Again, I'm curious, like the vibe, just how festival it is. You know, we always laugh like, yeah, it's on social media. Really people are always are always like I hope that is, you know, not toned down, just changed. Are kind of paralleled a bit in this direction or that direction, just shift it right. My fear is that it's going to be like we used a I to make it look like you're writing I guess the dragon. That's the vibe of those games for sure, whatever voice that was.
Speaker 1: But you know, if this game is good, it could be really good, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: Monster Hunter Wilds reportedly runs runs much better on PC when all the DLC is installed. Some Reddit users like we're noticing, Hey, I'm going to install or I'm gonna log into my count on your PC.
Speaker 2: So I could do some stuff in Monster Hunter Wilds. And they were doing the same stuff. And when the first guy was playing, he was getting like thirty frames second or less. And then when the second guy was playing on the same PIEC on his account that happened to have all the DLC, he was getting like eighty frames per second.
Speaker 5: They both were like, wait, what's That's not a tiny difference. That's been two or three percent we're talking about here. Yeah, And so these guys are like, wait a second, let's check. And they allegedly built a tool to stop the game from che for checking if you own the DLC. So when they did this, the guy, the original guy who was getting twenty thirty frames per second started getting like eighty frames per second.
Speaker 2: So now we're early on I think Digital Foundery.
Speaker 3: I don't know this.
Speaker 5: They've done the video yet. It's like they're like out there like, hey, we're gonna check it. See if it says real base.
Speaker 2: He says that Digital Foundery went into details that apparently this only affects towns maybe, Okay, Okay, so there's some parts of the game where this is a problem. Okay, so let's say problem you're in that game, like, yeah, so is it is it a.
Speaker 3: Bug where it's constantly checking for the DLC because it presumably you do that. It's it checks in ones, it calls home once.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, is it a bug or is it like just an inefficient way of of them doing things. I mean, at the very least, it's causing problems. It needs to be fixed, So yeah, I think so, yeah.
Speaker 5: Really it's checking. Yeah, like there is checking every frame. That would be very bizarre. Digital Foundery says it seemed like a bug. So hopefully Capcom just sees this and fixes this. They are claiming like they're not gonna have similar issues when Resident Evil Requiem launches, because it's using the same engine.
Speaker 2: It'll have DLC all their games have, so hopefully that's not a problem. This game has been out for like almost a year now, right, and that is I don't know.
Speaker 3: So if you have the guitar, it's better.
Speaker 5: If you have every apparently every piece of DLC you own makes it check less soay me bitch.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, there you go, get the guitar to make your game run better.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Sega announced his Sonic thirty fifth anniversary plans to celebrate Sonic's legacy, Sonic Sega has announced the plan for a high energy slate of anniversary programs.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's gonna have a bunch of stuff. We'll see exactly what it looks like. But they're promising to do a lot with this the franchise. They're also doing the same thing for Puyo Puyo though Pooya Puyo's thirty fifth anniversary, so will.
Speaker 3: Have a lot to say. Yeah, exactly, well done. Okay, I guess we're still here, Sonic.
Speaker 2: We should just kill two birds of Winstone and release Doctor Robotix.
Speaker 1: Me being the scene too then absolutely.
Speaker 2: Got what the game. Seriously, though, it is about time for that sequel to uh to Sonic Frontiers, right. I want to be shocked if we see that at some point this year. It was released four years ago, So yeah, I think that. Honestly, man, I'm surprised he's only thirty five.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie. I would I could have sworn old old remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, ninety one.
Speaker 1: Ninety one was the first Sonic Yeah, because the same year Supernintendo came out. So I was I was there that Sonics turning thirty five this year? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: Am I the same age as Sonic?
Speaker 1: Apparently?
Speaker 2: Are you Sonic?
Speaker 3: I'm not ready for that. You seem younger than Sonic.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank god, thank God to hold on to mindy do you feel about chili dogs? Jan I love chili dogs.
Speaker 2: But it's just stacking up?
Speaker 3: Are you allowed to do a thirty fifth anniversary if you've only been relevant for like eleven of those years?
Speaker 2: Wait a second, now, you said good, maybe relevant?
Speaker 5: Come on, but he's only been good for eleven You're right there, you go if that seems like a lot, just like however.
Speaker 3: You want to position it, is fine. The truth came out, though.
Speaker 1: You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I do tap my foot and look at you guys, and I'm waiting for you.
Speaker 4: Yes, Sonically, we are going to figure out who the rest of us are. Obviously tails Sonic franchises. If we're just like the video game character of Giant Bomb.
Speaker 3: You know, And so I still want to be big the cat. You have your grub calls. Come on the dreams. Jen, You're cooler than Sonic too.
Speaker 1: Growing up I thought Sonic was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: He's the coolest if we're doing the Sonic am I robotic.
Speaker 2: Yeah you wish, wow, you of.
Speaker 6: Today something to aspire to, baby, Okay, aspire to be so you get what those woodpeckers you put them into a robot and have that rud that baby, we'll see.
Speaker 2: An idea.
Speaker 1: I think you're more of a Silver the Hedgehog guy.
Speaker 2: Damn Dan, I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: Actually he's the one six What was Silver repeating in that one boss fight? It's like, oh god, it's like I can't lose or something. Some things they might be, Uh they've been remaking games to uh, you know, we had generations before that, we had colors. Maybe they'll do Unleashed. People seem to think that one's good. Now apparently what.
Speaker 3: Could they do? What could they do that would be awesome?
Speaker 2: And I don't know. People just accept Unleashed Now.
Speaker 3: The movies are good and that's about it right now.
Speaker 2: Sonic is good. Yeah, that's the best Knuckles.
Speaker 4: I kind of like Frontiers.
Speaker 1: Is the movie Sonic three.
Speaker 3: The movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's a comple three D glass is good. Actually, you'll be uh, all right. I'm just saying we've never played a Mario game on Blake Club.
Speaker 3: That's all all right.
Speaker 2: Mario is just saying it can be arranged. That's not bad. Yeah, it's just weird. I don't think I ever understood it.
Speaker 3: When I was playing.
Speaker 2: Just imagine what am I supposed.
Speaker 3: To be doing.
Speaker 4: A kid whose whole personality was loving Mario games, and all I said, Oh, there's a new one for Superintendent called Mario is Missing the Great and you rented and so what why is it asking me these questions?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 4: Why is it trying to teach me things?
Speaker 5: Japan dominance continues as Switched to fuels forty percent market growth in Japan.
Speaker 2: It sold nearly four million units of the Switch to did, becoming Japan's fastest selling console and accounting for over half of all home consoles sold that year.
Speaker 5: It also was like, they have the top twenty here collected by using various day available data. The top ten is like directly from the source that tracks this. It's physical only, but it's a good glimpse Nintendo is let's see or these games? Oh yeah, all but one of them are Nintendo switch or switch to games and mots around.
Speaker 2: Why is number four on the PS five and then if you go the whole top twenty, it's all but two of them. So yeah, goes to Yoka was like we number fifteen here. Yeah, it's it's just a Nintendo dominates in Japan, and it's like not just like oh that's some extra pennies. It's a significant market for them in a way. It's like, Okay, why.
Speaker 5: Isn't Sony focused on It's like I think even if Sony did focus on Japan, they wouldn't get these kinds of results.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just where that that market is. It's just Nintendo obsessed and it's working out for them very well.
Speaker 1: I yeah, sorry, Greb, but after seeing Squid Games, Minecraft and the Latin American audience because of Dan and his best friend, she'd be Doki. Course, I'm curious to see what the Minecraft scene is like in Japan because it's wild that Minecraft on Switch has such a strong presence on this chart.
Speaker 2: It's big everywhere, but yeah, it's especially big in Japan. Absolutely, it's three hundred and fifty thousand units sold on the switch alone last year. It's pretty good. You'd be shopped this updating three classic Far Far Cry games to finally run at sixty frames per second on modern platforms. It'll be Far Cry three, Far Cry three Blood Dragon, and Far Cry Primal. They are all set to receive updates. You know you'd be second Blood Dragon rules.
Speaker 3: But yeah, this is the sentence Primal like, yeah, those games are yeah, yeah, I guess the Primal thing is what threw me.
Speaker 4: Off when I fell off.
Speaker 2: The last one I played was Primal, and I was like, I think I'm done with this. Which map was Primal we're using? Was that first four?
Speaker 3: It was four?
Speaker 2: Oka, that's that's what those games are.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't.
Speaker 2: It was actually so geographically, Yes, obviously it's all cave manny, but it was like layout skin.
Speaker 5: But it was like the layout, the geography was exactly the same. Okay, that's what they were doing. It was like, let's make a second game using all this stuff again, and yeah, tiers of the game exactly when park Primal just here to the cave.
Speaker 2: So we're playing Primal and thinking like this is going to really shake things up and somehow being like a cave man didn't shake up the frists. Like this is the same thing, sbo Zil.
Speaker 1: You know, I talked about it last week. Maybe there's a reason we don't have that many caveman games.
Speaker 4: I mean there is literally a game called games. I like it.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, don't make don't make me bring up the Flintstones.
Speaker 2: I'll do it. They already did this for Far Cry for last year last April, and they got an updates and now they're just kind of doing it to the rest. They're probably getting ready to well, they are getting ready to reinvigorate this series because remember Rob mc rob mac excuse me, Rob Mack is making that show with Noah Hawley on FX, the Far Cry Show, and Rob Mack is going to be the star of it.
Speaker 3: It's yea, the villain or the protagonist?
Speaker 2: Good question, which would which would be better?
Speaker 3: Villain?
Speaker 1: Say more about the villain?
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, right, But it's like I want someone who's like as a huge presence.
Speaker 4: Do you want like Gary Busey.
Speaker 3: Gary Busey, Oh my god, have you seen lately? You don't? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And Far Cry?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: FARCREI six was twenty twenty one, so it's gotta be time for five Christ seven to at least be announced this year. You'd think that just like just look, they're kind of working in that direction. And again we always say Far Christ part of that trio of Far Cry, Assassin's Creed and Ghost Ricon that went with ten Cent to they knew Ubi Soft that they actually care about. So yeah, they're definitely doing more far And we didn't even get like the expand alone for Far Christ six like all the other ones got right, So right, yeah, there hasn't been anything Far Cry really for a hot moment.
Speaker 4: There, I'm sending here thing the actors i'd want to see as as a villain, and you know there's once again Willem Dafoe and stuff, but one that just popped in my mind obviously can't happen, but imagine how much fun Bill Paxton would have had as a bark Cry Oh yeah, just wild eyed Bill Paxton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gaming's greatest villain villain we played Jack Thompson and the GTA movie.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: I celebrates Hitman's Hitman three's fifth anniversary by announcing cross progression. Finally for World of Assassination, I have a decent progression in like four different platforms for that game, like PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch, and uh, I'm like, okay, when I go to like bring one of them forward, I think it's gonna be the PC version I have the most progression in.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this is pretty cool. I I like this game a bunch, and it will be nice to have all of my unlocks available on all the platforms. Yeah, did they ever fix that Switch to version? Because yeah, I liked the idea of being able to play that version with all unlocks. But that thing was kind of rough at launch. A. Yes, it was weirdly rough compared to a lot of other stuff that was like surprisingly good. They made some updates to it, and I think they made some improvements. Whether or not they got it to where it should be, I have not checked recently.
Speaker 3: I should uh.
Speaker 2: And then finally, Valve has significantly rewritten steams rules for how developers must disclose AI use. Basically, it's like this, I was building that like game release tool for US, and I was using Visual Studio to do it, and I noticed you kind of can't not use AI when you're using Visual Studio these days, It's like, oh, we know what line of code you're trying to write, Just hit the button and we're gonna finish it for you. It's like, well, okay, I'm gonna do that. It's I'm gonna write this anyhow, I'll just hit the tab and it's gonna finish it for me.
Speaker 5: That stuff's built right in valves. Like anything that's about saving you time or like efficiency, we don't really care about that. It's generative AI creating art assets from whole cloth that we want you to disclose. So that's really what they're trying to get at here, although people some people are like, no, we still want to know any sort of AI usage at all, And I think valves like that, it's not what we're going for and kind of defeats the purpose because it's gonna be like unreal just gonna have the stuff built in right, it's just gonna be there. And so if you make an unreal game or we're gonna have them all disclosed because there's the tools are there and it's an unreal game, it's I think I want to know, you know. I guess I wouldn't hurt to just have them be able to say exactly and explicitly what's in there's what's being used. But yeah, they're trying to get at a very specific thing here, and that is, hey, are you creating art from whole cloth for your game?
Speaker 3: And that's what people care about.
Speaker 2: So yeah, some people are gonna like, you know, want to know about any of it. But yeah, like some of that, Like you know that the auto programming stuff, right, I mean there's been variations of that for a bit, you know, at least for me, it definitely is this generative stuff, right, even you're not even necessarily being in the game, if you're like using it test the baseline of your concept art or right dialogue assets. I want to know about that too, because I think that stuff still impacts the final result. Yeah, you know, it's it's a tricky thing for them to have to define this properly, especially when some you know, there are a lot of people who are like, oh, they shouldn't do this at all, the Tim Sweeneys of the world raising a fuss, right, Uh So it's it's a weird. It's strange that it's so treacherous for them, But this seems like a good I don't want to say compromise but this seems.
Speaker 1: Like the right way to do it.
Speaker 2: It probably just is like, oh, this is one refinement in figuring this stuff out, and there's probably several more steps of them actually like dialing in what they need to do here to get the proper uh you know, sort of disclosures. And yeah, we're just in the middle of that process because things are changing so fast. All right, that does it for the headlines I have here in front of me. Janacho, it back over to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jeff Grubb. Folks, We're gonna take another quick, pricky break and we'll be back with emails super chats right after the.
Speaker 3: BombCast.
Speaker 1: A giant bomb dot com is email. Just send your emails to You can write in about any and everything you want to avoid a social interaction and pretend like you're texting someone. Email us, you got a fun quiz. Email us you've got five questions as you ask every single weekend.
Speaker 3: I only read one of them.
Speaker 1: Email us and gang y'all have been emailing us, so thank you for emailing. Anytime I get an email to the BombCast address that is directed towards someone, I will try my best to forward to them, whether it's about odd Facebook, marketplace postings that you think they'd be interested in, or other miscallaneous things. Send them our away, so thank you. First email the show comes from Greg from Bama gb Crewe. Last week's show, there was a discussion about belts and suspenders. I grew up with a family of farmers, so I have to ask how does the crew feel about overalls? Tangentially, while thinking about overalls, I went to see if there were any comfy versions and I found swoveralls pants plus overalls. Jan, is this a bad idea or a great idea? I'm thinking about getting some, but these are a hondo a pop.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Chance when you can pull off overalls here right?
Speaker 1: We we wore them for like the dumb truck at PAX once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I felt like I was I felt like I was working it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've done some wallowe g outfits before and the overalls were kind of comfy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like overalls.
Speaker 5: I like them better on other people more than me. Like I think they're cute. I think overalls are cute, and I'm I approve of them.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: I know that this is a safe space where I will not be en, but listen, y'all. I just got a type. All right, see someone se see someone in overalls, I'm like, respectfully, god, Mario, oh really, yes, yes everyone has seen the Disney Dreamlight quick look at this point.
Speaker 3: Oh right, I don't know. I gotta go look. Okay, is it like a horny is like a.
Speaker 2: Horny yeah, an incredibly horny thing.
Speaker 3: Well, I think like there's you could do like sexual sex sexy overalls like side boob and stuff like that. No, that's desecrating the beauty of overalls. I think overalls just sound very inconvenient for like having to use the restroom and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Wow, I mean they mostly the ones for dudes have a fly, so you know, just okay, that's not the butt flap though, right.
Speaker 3: No, but no, but no butt flap.
Speaker 2: They don't find me go completely basically overall lists to go poop, yes.
Speaker 3: Like uh like uh, you know, every now and then, like I'll have a female friend who's like, I'm rocking a romper or jumper sort of thing, and my first thing is like, how you pissing in that? Yes, they're getting buck ass naked to go to the bad and they're like it's terrible, and I'm like cool, Fashion's cool. And you know, I think this is like a similar sort of predicament, which, look, I get it. I think you know, fashion current fashion is not my favorite at the moment. It comes and goes. It's cyclical.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we should sell Romp hymns in the Giant Bomb store for men.
Speaker 1: I would gladly rock a romp him. Mike, can we make our own ripoff version of swove Rolls? Because I've seen swove rolls for years, but I am not about to pay one hundred plus dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah that sounds awesome, but I'm looking at him man.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, I don't. I bet we can't. Not nuts, all right, Okay, thank you Greg from Bama. Next email comes from Nico from Finland. Dear Bombers. First of all, I would like to thank Mike for mentioning Looney Tunes Duck a Muck for the Nintendo DS a couple.
Speaker 3: Of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: I think it was Voicemail Dump Truck. He listen all your shows, so I'm not entirely sure which one it was. I had no idea that this game existed, so of course I had to go to YouTube to investigate. Man, based on these videos, they just don't make games like this anymore. They just had to go to huto dot net finish auction site to see if there was a copy available. It turns out there was. It only costs ten euros and it was located at my good friend's neighborhood. Even better, my friend bought it for me. So now I have an obscure DS game all the way that is based on the nineteen fifties Daffy Duck cartoon. All thanks to Mike.
Speaker 3: Yay, good job Mike.
Speaker 1: Anyway, all the best of the team. I've been listening to you guys for a few years now, so I'm happy that you all want independent and get to do exactly what you want. Giant Bomb, keep up the great work. Best regards, Nico from Finland. PS Can I get an update on Mike's yodeling skills? Oh? Okay, okay, sure, God coming in cold? Okay, we sound like a terrorist.
Speaker 3: It doesn't change, Nico. The answer is terribly. It's going terribly, Mike. You you sound insane. I'm not sure much worse than what you just did. Uh. Back to the drawing board, there was there was a lot of tongue involved there. Yeah, like what the like?
Speaker 1: They were doing. I think they tongued a lot because it's you know, there's a lot of stops and starts to their sounds.
Speaker 3: I think, uh, ethnically, you got to stay in your lane.
Speaker 2: You know, it's from the Nordic.
Speaker 1: Is not Nordic, that's more.
Speaker 2: German.
Speaker 1: Yet it was like it's like a Dutch thing.
Speaker 2: Is Nordic?
Speaker 4: The three countries that kind of dangle down, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You're Norway, Finland and Yeah countries.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they dangle down, they dangle up right. I think they look like they're dangling down.
Speaker 3: It's a glass half empty thing.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, good job, Mike. I can't wait to check in again on the yodaling couple months.
Speaker 3: He'll be clear, bad job, Mike, be very clear, very bad job.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate the courage and yodling.
Speaker 3: What about that?
Speaker 1: I was asked?
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Next one comes from Matt from Essex connetic Hey Bombers. For the past six months or so, I've been helping my ten year old son steps On with a YouTube channel where he posts videos of himself playing the VR game Gorilla tag, setting up steam VR, teaching him the video editing basics and messing around with mods has been a great bonding experience for the whole family. Recently, we've done his first few live streams, which is mostly him and some friends messing around shouting. But he's encountered his first troll. A guy accused him of using illegal mods because his arms look too long. His arms are long because I set set it up and my arms are considerably longer than the average ten year old. This dude even went so far as to make a YouTube video about it, calling my step son a toxic creator. For context, my step son is ten and his channel has forty subscribers, has noted YouTubers do if you have advice on how to best deal with trolls. I'm telling him to let it go and ignore the troll. But that's not the easiest thing for a ten year old. Thanks for all the great stuff over the years, Matt from Essex, Connecticut.
Speaker 3: I mean, respectfully, Matt. I feel like this is the reason why there is an age limit on YouTube channel creation, right, Like, I don't want to wag the finger here, but you know, it might surprise you to know that DIBB has asked me to make a YouTube channel for him about forty three thousand times, and I've said, no, not yet, You're not there yet. Again, that's not what this is about. But at the same time, no YouTube channel, no trolls, So I don't know, I don't know. I don't know a very young ye, yeah.
Speaker 2: The only choice is to ignore it. So it's like, yeah, that's it sucks that it's hard to do, but lesson learned early.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't have much advice to offer because even as an adult, the occasional negative comment or whatever will still, like I don't know, sit in my head for much longer than it needs to, despite knowing to just get over it.
Speaker 4: So a ten year old, right, I've always liked the phrase like don't take any criticism from people that you wouldn't take advice from. And so it's like some Yahoo making like anti you know, kid youth, like who's this joker?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: Whose you know? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's without saying uh to be clear, like that definitely goes without saying but I you know, I think like, uh, there's got to be some interference that puts a boundary, you know, between very young kids and the unbridled nature of the Internet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Internet's not going to change.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't know, maybe just remind your step son, Matt that you're doing this for fun, so just to engage with like the fun aspects of it of like, you know, so just turn off comments, right, just yeah, yeah, he could do that, but it's not for everyone.
Speaker 4: Like the idea of like being online and putting stuff out there, because it's like I've seen so many people over the years in the games media that just like every comment, you know, they tears them up and everything. Look, if you can't take bad comments, don't put stuff out on the internet. I mean that's just it's gonna happen, you.
Speaker 1: Know, or don't read comments perhaps, yeah, yeah, yeah that's completely fair.
Speaker 3: All right, moving on to the next email.
Speaker 1: But before we move on, who the fuck is trolling a ten year old?
Speaker 2: Get as? It's gonna be another kid, right, I mean, yeah, it's me. I'm getting. I'm getting I think I'm gonna call him the Detroit Red Wings. Can I answer this real quick? I don't know what's tickets?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, this is but he wants something for sure, it's.
Speaker 3: We could we could use a backup goalie. Tonight, are you free?
Speaker 1: This is here?
Speaker 4: Make a YouTube channel on kid?
Speaker 3: The YouTube.
Speaker 4: Will yeah, what's that a lot more? I'm gonna do a YouTube channel where I just shipped on children trying to.
Speaker 3: Be YouTube see tickets. I told you, yeah, there is There is like funny stuff there where like people will completely anonymously like critique kindergarten drawings, uh and be scathing and that's funny and that's funny, you know, but you're not like doing it to this kid's face and the kid doesn't know about it. So I endorse this channel, Dan, and I support it. Would you like an investor? Yes? Yes, okay, let's talk after the.
Speaker 1: Show here, all right. Moving on to the next email. This one comes from Travis and Fargo. Travis writes in five questions, I just choose one. Travis writes in what's something you like to hear other people rant about? For me, it's got to be about Lord of the Rings lore. I personally can't get enough of that.
Speaker 3: Just I do like, like god like extended conversations about things that don't matter, because.
Speaker 4: It's just a fun careers out of that, it turns out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly the fun exercise in debate. You know, I enjoy that low Steaks. I think Low Steaks is really where people can shine in their improv talents and kind of have fun with it. So I will listen to anyone rant about something completely pointless and meaningless. I think it's it's everyone could use that kind of exercise in their life.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's definitely like episodes of Nitro and Raw from like nineteen ninety eight nineteen ninety nine. It's like there's just so much dumb, weird horseshit and also the occasional really good thing, and it's like it's just very fun to hear people talk about and joke about.
Speaker 1: I like when Backlar gets upset about something and rants on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good, that's good. I like specifically people complain about bad Star Wars movies. I don't know why it's sick, but I always like hearing those rants. They're always rritating to me. Yeah, bad bad movies in general. Yeah, like there's that one about the little kid who came up with an assassination plot to kill his neighbor. I can't remember, like the Book of Bill or something like that. Yeah, I never watched the movie. Never would, but listening to people ran about how bad it is on the internet, I'll watch that every time.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 1: Alternatively, I like when people talk about a movie they really really like.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: Uh, sorry, this just reminded me, speaking of which, just to go back a little bit to Ferris Bueller Settle Settle a meaningless rant for me, Truy, we watched this movie. You know the scene where the principal receives the flowers and he uses the flowers to take out the dog. Do you know the dog that is from behind the fact you ever Talkspueler. What my Mike? You can see yourself out of this conversation? Yeah, all right, so everyone, so fine chat remembers you guys don't remember what I'm talking about. Say, like the dogs, there's like a Rottweiler or a pit boll and it's giving Rooney the p the principal, right, they have a mini feud and they're sort of like Roadrunner Wiley coyoteing. I guess that's kind of what first Bueler is. It is a Wiley Coyote and Roadrunner movie. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And he takes the flower pot and he walks towards the backyard and you don't know anything. The next scene, there's a shattered flower pot and the dog is like passed out.
Speaker 2: Oh he hit it on the head. Hit the dog on the hell.
Speaker 3: I always assumed that he fed the flowers to the dog and it got the dog sick, and the dog just passed down from being sick.
Speaker 2: Now, yes, had they shown like the remains like it was, his head would be passed out in the flower pot, of that's the joke they were going for.
Speaker 3: Exactly. I had this wrong for, like you find and I felt like such a fucking asshole because I'm just like but then I'm like, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: There, that's just your good goodness, Like you could never assume someone would hurt a dog like where I was like, I couldn't just food right, exactly.
Speaker 3: I couldn't cats. I couldn't get on board with like them being like, oh no, we're implying that this man threw a flower pot at a dog's head, rendering it unconscious. Anyway I could go, we could talk about that for forty five minutes. That's a good thing to hear people rant about. Thank you for the question.
Speaker 1: I don't think Mike you would like Ferris Bueller as the person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: That's why I never watch it. He kind of sees the irritating Ingle Apple in it. You would have a lot of criticisms I'm not going to school today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he would instead of learn. That's great.
Speaker 1: I think he would be team Cameron for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Cameron's in bed at the start of the movie getting out for anyone, not even my best friends. While you're talking about.
Speaker 2: The movie, I was like, am I going to take a nap today? That's what I was thinking of about.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I shouldn't. I shouldn't, all right. Next email comes from Organ jan I challenge you to learn how to swim love Organ? Fine, all right, I'll do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Next email comes from h Or. I don't know if I want to read this. F E is what they wrote it as, but I'm remembering the email. I screw it, Okay, Happy New Year's Should I not?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Just it?
Speaker 3: First time? Long time.
Speaker 1: Just caught up on Giant Bombcasts episode nine hundred and twenty two, and I thought i'd contribute to the Dial dough Sheath conversation. As a prior law enforcement officer who completed many search warts. Yes, most people have their dildos and other sex so it's just floating around in their dressers or besides their table drawers. Larger quantities are often found in a chest in the bedroom or a box slash duffel bag in a closet. Very few, if any, or sheaths glove up. F E from Michigan.
Speaker 3: Okay, a perfectly reasonable email. Okay, just facts and factoids.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 3: I mean he talks about a cache of dildo's. Interesting but sure, you know I believe anything here, all right?
Speaker 1: And final email of the show comes from Chris from what state is essay that Sacramento from some other South South Australia, Australia. That's that's on me, Gang driving, Chris writes in driving through the South Australian countryside with my family this week, I thought this would make a great game for Dan and Backlar and possibly Grub to compete in twenty names of towns or Pokemon highest score wins. And these are South Australian towns. Mike, you know too much, so I'm sorry that you're not there. I only know the first gen town. That's fine.
Speaker 2: I'll sit out.
Speaker 4: You know what, I don't think it's the town. It's the Pokemon.
Speaker 2: Pokemon versus South Australian towns. Oh, I get it, I get it. Yeah, I guess I might know some Pokemon I could set out.
Speaker 3: Mike, what about you? Answer last? Okay?
Speaker 1: I want you to be included, all right? First one here? Uh now, one of these is the Pokemon. One of these is a South Australian town. Okay, okay, Amora or Barrabbah.
Speaker 3: Jesus, wait wait what one is a Okay, one's a Pokemon, the Pokemon. I'm going with, Dan, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: You said, what was the first one?
Speaker 1: Laura, that's Amura.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with that being the Pokemon.
Speaker 1: Jeez, I have no idea. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't see. That's the thing. It's like the last four or five gens of Pokemon. I maybe remember three from each of them anymore. Uh yeah, I want to say I think Amora is the Pokemon.
Speaker 1: Grub and Mike, you two are correct. Amra is the Pokemon probably like a heart or something. I don't know sure. Next one, Beltana or bell toy. Beltana, bell toy.
Speaker 4: Bell toy is the pokemon.
Speaker 3: I agree, I agree, Sure.
Speaker 1: You're correct, all right? They listed twenty. Let's let's speed through these. Arrow Kuda or buckle Boo.
Speaker 3: Shit, buckle Boo is definitely Australian town.
Speaker 2: It's a water type pokemon.
Speaker 3: If I'm wrong here, game over, Okay, Buckleboo.
Speaker 1: Is the town.
Speaker 3: Ye okay, all right, that makes the most Australian sense. Share them or free Gone share them or free gone free Gone sounds like a Pokemon.
Speaker 1: I think that's right. Yeah, I think there's a freae Gone.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with the other one. Share them.
Speaker 1: Share them is the pokemon?
Speaker 3: Would it?
Speaker 1: Would it help if I said both of these in an Australian accident?
Speaker 3: No, one of them. Hawker or Nimble.
Speaker 1: I can't do it. Harder or Nimble.
Speaker 2: I don't think say the first one again the Pokemon say these words, they immediately leave my brain like they have no effect on me.
Speaker 3: It's not super effective. The second one is the is the pokey person.
Speaker 1: Nimble is a Pokemon. Yeah, I'll tell you what. I'm just gonna blump myself in with them. I've got nothing I'm going. Yeah, Nimble is the pokemon.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'm just gonna skip ahead to a couple of the ones I think are Funny Mandura or Marini.
Speaker 3: Mandura or Marini.
Speaker 2: Marini sounds so much like a Pokemon versus my door, which sounds like a town. Yeah, I'm going to Marini is the Pokemon, aguess Marini water type, although it could just be a coastal town of US.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean god, no, Yeah, I'll go with the boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Marini is the Pokemon. Okay, okay, oh row.
Speaker 3: Rou or ara correo a u or aur correo Zelda character.
Speaker 2: Or a correa.
Speaker 1: Or a correo.
Speaker 2: To answering this and I lost it all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's about the Yeah, does Australia suck.
Speaker 2: Is the Pokemon and Cory is the Australian.
Speaker 3: Let's all just go with grub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great, Crub incorrect is the Pokemon and we've all we all just off the cliff, all right.
Speaker 1: Thank you Chris from South Australia. One more, Chris, croc alor or croc a doc fuck you. Crocolor is the is the pokey man.
Speaker 2: This is the one ground type and water type Crocolor crocka dot.
Speaker 1: I'll say.
Speaker 2: Crocodile.
Speaker 1: I agree with jer.
Speaker 2: I'll go the other way. Crocod doc is the Pokemon, Dan you, but I'll be quiet over there.
Speaker 1: I don't know crocolor is the Pokemon. Yeah, folks, stay tuned. We're gonna have a live podcast from Buckleboo, Australia within the year.
Speaker 3: That was the only reasonable one in the entire quiz. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Folks, thanks for sending your emails in BombCast. Giant bomb dot com is the email dres. Send your emails to Mike Manatti. Hit me with any YouTube super chats. Andrew Panton says, you discover a gaming time machine that can fix an old bad game or guarantee of future releases great restruction. What do you go and what is the game?
Speaker 2: I want a dumb future where a crime boss. Rockade City Too is somehow a game of the year. Yeah, that's really funny. Actually, hm hmm.
Speaker 4: The Links Awakening was good.
Speaker 2: Oh, shut the hell up. All right, fine, I'm gonna just do it.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 2: I wish that Metro Prime four was good. There, that was the game of the year.
Speaker 1: Soon spoilers, dude, come on, people, Sorry, I think.
Speaker 3: I wanted like brutal legend to be good. Uh little better, Yes, a good idea, yeah, and in a good first hour where I'm like, oh yes, and then you know, the rest of the game just sort of happened. I would like to do that, please, thank you.
Speaker 2: I was so excited for Fantasy sixteen. I know it's not a bad game, but I certainly wish it was more interesting than it and I wish it was like some big like kit and.
Speaker 1: I don't know, uh, I want to live in a world where chaos Legion became the runaway success for Capcom because I fucking love that game even to this day.
Speaker 4: I heard someone bring that up in a long time, jeez.
Speaker 1: Or or a god hand is like a major godhand?
Speaker 3: Sure? Yeah yeah, uh like any more super chats?
Speaker 2: Oh craps, did you answer, Greb?
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 2: I went Metric Prime four? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: All right answer yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember Bro says, just curious how often are you approached by Wait second, actually I remembered Dan, I have a question for you. Yes, it's not about its quality, but you kept talking about a robot who sounds like Final Fantasy for no, no, no, about Metric Prime for I found he said, there's a robot that sounds like John Kennedy or not John F.
Speaker 4: Kennedy.
Speaker 2: Robert was I did. I did not pick up that. I don't did that robot sound that much like people?
Speaker 4: They're like, holy sh he does?
Speaker 1: Does he?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: I see it? It would not occurred to me, A Dan not said at first. But he's got he's got like a croaky voice for I think I thought you meant JFK expect. We've got to look forward to that, Okay, r f K.
Speaker 1: I get it, Okay.
Speaker 2: Trummer bro says, just curious. How often are you approached by someone who wishes they.
Speaker 1: Could do what you guys do? How do you react? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I'm like, what am I gonna? It is a little walk right over? I just like I just say, yeah, I enjoy it a lot. That's what I say every time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very aware of how lucky we are, not take it for granted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's like the nieces, and specifically it's not to be a bit like you know, it's like I don't want to tell him like it's not gonna happen for you, but I want to be like it's it took a lot of luck and I don't even know if this kind of job is going to exist though by the time you're an adult.
Speaker 1: But do you know, do you guys ever encounter anyone though that is kind of like super agro about It's like, oh, it could do this better than you, broke.
Speaker 4: I definitely, I'm not in person, but those types are out there on the internet for sure. In person, it's just very salty that it didn't work out for them, and so you take it out and everyone who did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've met a couple in person that have said I could do that. Bro Shut the fuck up, dog do it. Cyber from Saskatchewan says idea Bible club slash Bible school. Three bad Bible Games are Mikey, Jan and Dan worried about excommunication. I haven't done bad education games yet. I mean I'm not too worried about that.
Speaker 2: If they if they sent over some Bible game right now and told me to dress up, I mean I wouldn't want to dress.
Speaker 1: Up as Jesus.
Speaker 2: I'll dress up as most now you know.
Speaker 3: I ever tell y'all.
Speaker 4: Jesus? Why not?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So uh in middle school, I've told you all. I I was like in drama club in high school. But in middle school, since I went to a private school. Uh, we had several Jesus plays and I played Jesus.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome, but it was the worst costume because it was just like a terry cloth robe that they're sticking on a kind of uh chunky sixth grader that is like growing into his body with the worst wig, worst wig and worst beard in the world.
Speaker 3: May may he and the chads at Jansass it's righteous Gemstone just think it's.
Speaker 4: So funny that fugitive hunter War on Terror is right there for a potential black club and the funny like the most obvious possible costume that we'll never ever do. Yeah, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I like making a sweat every once in a while that we're about to make you dress up like Osama bin La. Next one here is frumps Door lex Ohdoda from a migz. First here says Jeff Backward. Did you find the basement keys yet?
Speaker 3: Oh? Come on, man, but listen, I'm a I'm an adult, and at some point you just gotta say to yourself, look, these fucking things are gone. If they show up one day like a lot of things do. I'll be happy about it, but I can't live my life prisoner to the idea that I've lost my keys. They're gone, They're not coming back. If they do, great, If they don't, so be it. There are other ways to open doors and locks in this world.
Speaker 1: People are very concerned about this key that you misplaced, because when I ran into a friend of the sightly to wallin during game Awards, the first thing she asked me was, did Jeff ever fight his keys? No?
Speaker 2: Ship? Yeah, I'm sorry you don't remember. Was this on a BombCast dumb truck? It was like a whole week.
Speaker 3: It's been on a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 2: You've gathered. He lost his keys of the base.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, what's the key? For no good reason? It was sitting on my right.
Speaker 2: There and then looked away and then it wasn't that right?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's crazy pretty much on the I mean, I mean it was started in an inexplicable way. Uh, don't don't force.
Speaker 2: Me to relive it.
Speaker 3: It's just so.
Speaker 2: It's it's been hard for you to get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I just got over it.
Speaker 5: We're picking that it's a place that hasn't been suggested to you, and in fact everyone should just go message him right now and tell him places that he probably hasn't looked that he should look.
Speaker 4: Has anyone suggested under his hat? H?
Speaker 3: I don't think so know, because that would be a physical impossibility. It has a better chance of being up my asshole. I have taken my head off since I lost the key. It was not there. It just sucks. But look, you know you haven't scooped since then? Is the thing which is true potentially the reason for my backup and blockage. But we'll cross that mageh we get there.
Speaker 1: You need something to unlock that blockage.
Speaker 3: Okay, go on the key, but the key? Yeah, what a paradox.
Speaker 2: Snorm relaxing says, it's still jam youary, where's the jam stream for our boy?
Speaker 1: Jan? Every stream a lot of them are jam streams. Uh, we got it.
Speaker 2: You have to play Fantasy fourteen at some point the Final Dynasty, So I don't know if we I mean there's ten days. I don't know if we're starting that this month, but that one's probably gonna be sooner rather than later.
Speaker 1: Sooner rather than later, Jimmy jam yeah, yeah, And I'll be there and I'll follow you. Around, It'll be we good time.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 4: Ever noticed that Mike used to give a ship to the liquids stuff and now he's drinking liquid made it as soon.
Speaker 1: I like, I'm contemptively got ahead of it and said, look, I had the Rooper want to Dance.
Speaker 2: It's really good. And now I order these on Amazon. I want a book that's the toils of Mike Manati. The things he needs to get out ahead of in life are insane.
Speaker 3: I want your problems. I want your problem.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: Okay. Look, I like I like your tastes like roop beer. It's good, got ten calories, not much a snitch of an aftertaste. It's fine, and it is too expensive. I still stand by that everyone's like more expensive. It's clearly costs more than like a Lacroix. You're paying for branding.
Speaker 3: All and Lacroix is just like recycled toilet.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I was off the lacoin Dre. My girlfriend get me back on it because she gets that lemon cello Lacroix, And now I've developed a taste.
Speaker 3: For it, and I don't know, want no offense to you and yours, but that is a rancid flavor I.
Speaker 2: She has. She has like a raking system for all of you. Just be careful. You're gonna.
Speaker 3: Above one of you, all right, doesn't that also does not matter? But I feel like for us, Yeah, every time, every time you guys see each other, she's like, Dan moved.
Speaker 2: Up a spot. I want an update. I want an update soon.
Speaker 1: I have to ask her.
Speaker 2: Pretty Usually it depends on how mean you are to be.
Speaker 3: Ship.
Speaker 2: It really does pretty poorly.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you always follow like, but I know how much he really loves me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you say to pretty well. I think that's true.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: I think it's usually doing pretty high. Does Backlar's mic voice hurt or help him?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I bet it hurts. I better bet it hurts a little.
Speaker 3: I can live with that. It's worth it. Yeah, yeah, I could live with that.
Speaker 2: Make sure, because it's like something watching live. I don't know she's been texting right now live. No, No, she's you know, I'm to rescue rate your shirt she got me, Thanks baby, thank you.
Speaker 1: Has anyone ever tried that poppy soda? Poppy?
Speaker 2: I thought about it.
Speaker 4: That is very expensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's health.
Speaker 2: They tried to say it was a health drink at first because it has pre biotics, and then they're like, well it doesn't really do, but we're still going to keep it in there. Yeah, free biotic. I have some of Ben's Stiller's weird healthy soda. It's not very good.
Speaker 1: His root tastes bad.
Speaker 3: Is it sparked?
Speaker 1: Still?
Speaker 4: Star Wars juice is really good, but it is. It's pretty expensive.
Speaker 2: Drink water.
Speaker 3: It is the Star Wars juice. Like meant is it marketed as like a healthy thing, like how much sugar?
Speaker 4: It's marketed as colors and flavors from natural sources. Starbursts happen in nature, zero sugar, starbards tree, But there's like fake sugar, right, zero sugar, zero carbs, a good source of vitamins twelve, and probably a gave.
Speaker 1: All these things are using a gave sweetener.
Speaker 2: Now right, I'm so exhausted by a gave. Probably fucking plant.
Speaker 4: It's carbonate water and then two percent or less of apple juice, concentrate, vegetable juice, natural flavors, green tea. Extract the alpha toasiferal acetate. That's vitamin E, vitamin B three, vitamin B five, B six by A ten. Yeah, I don't see no aspra tame or anything which those is giving you cancer.
Speaker 3: The fruit I think I'm still a spin drift solid. I can't get enough of it.
Speaker 1: Sander liked it.
Speaker 2: It tasted too much like the actual fruit they would put in, like I had that weird too much.
Speaker 1: So since I've been on this like health kick, right, I'm like looking at tracking macros, I learned what a fucking macro was. Proteins all that jim Jimmy jams uh do you'll think there? And protein, I feel like has become a gigantic buzzword right before that has been around forever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but we have our protein pop tars. Like latest marketing scheme is come get a big cup of chicken. You need your protein, eat a fucking cup of our chicken.
Speaker 4: I'm not kidding. Literally, yesterday grub I went through the Chipote Lane which is where you drive through, and.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 4: They have the new high protein bowls that I got one of those. And then I went to Starbucks and they had protein Macho latees and I got one of those, so that was okay.
Speaker 3: Night. I was gonna ask or their protein sodas.
Speaker 1: I have not seen that yet.
Speaker 3: I mean there has to be you can carbonate like a milkshake that are like a protein shake, you.
Speaker 2: Can do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's something like I put two scoops into my oats in the morning, So that's like fifty fifty grams approtein on top of the twenty that's already in the oats.
Speaker 2: You know, So start the neighbor. Yeah, there you go, proteined up, all right. Uh, next up is MiGs. You just says blogg it and then no, no, we don't what the fuck that's from leisure Suit Larry.
Speaker 1: That's uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, got it. Oh that game is ruined.
Speaker 5: Patrick Warburton For me, I can't a guy I hear pretty frequently in kids movies.
Speaker 2: And it's just like, oh no, I'm getting fleshed back ye leisure Larry. Yeah, because all the jokes about him revolve around sex of animals.
Speaker 4: So when he's in Utopia too, they should have done some betting on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they should have stopped him.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: The pillowtoile that says you all say the b were too much for five straight dudes. Now listen and everyone's the defense that is ninety me and I like I get it, but like we've never used it. We've never used it on anyone that is a woman.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't like that.
Speaker 2: Would I use it for them?
Speaker 3: Does that anymore? But we hear you, Yeah sure.
Speaker 1: But also Mikey says it in a funny way, and that's pretty funny. But he says it in a funny way, pretty.
Speaker 2: Funny when he does it.
Speaker 3: No, we only use it when someone's being a bitch. So return toilets.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the feet.
Speaker 3: Goddamn understood.
Speaker 2: All right, that's it, Thank you so much, everybody. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Uh, you're no diffact. The only b word I have for review is bud. You're by bud.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Mike cool, you know what you're my bud.
Speaker 3: Buds.
Speaker 1: We put on the rest of this week. We don't have to figure it out. Yeah, yeah, I saw Monday week. Yeah, we'll missed. We took Monday off yesterday, so we have yet to plan the rest of the week. But safe to say game this morning's popping off Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, right, grab, that's right, Ye, we'll.
Speaker 3: Be back with that show for the rest of the week.
Speaker 1: We will have a voicemail Dump Truck episode on Thursday, probably on professional Fridays of some sorts. Yeah, we should be Fanta Critic on Friday. Yeah, we'll see if we're ready to go do that because stuff be popping off, of stuff is coming out. But tomorrow, gang Grub, you finally get your turn in the blightning round. Oh no, a while ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's shocking. I'm not finished with it yet. I'm just a bad gamer. What can I say?
Speaker 4: Blighting around? Blink and you'll miss it.
Speaker 2: Send me my stuff, do that right away, Dan, Yes, God, you're wanna look so cool. I don't want to think about I I still can't, except that I don't have to worry.
Speaker 1: About leisure suit Larry anymore. It was a lot.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful thing that you're free of.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy about it as well, because that game's audio is the worst mixed thing in the world.
Speaker 3: Anything else popping off or things we want to talk about.
Speaker 2: There is that Neo quick look that Chuck Towski how it did. So if you are a Metroid Vina fiend, like a lot of us are, check that one out. Please, Yes, Yes, more quick looks probably planned throughout the week. I want to do one for the Babe Aid from the Top game as well as maybe we'll check out or we'll do a quick look of Vital Souls Vital Shell what was called vital shell Shell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that looks neat.
Speaker 2: I want to play that. We should probably do a quick look of Secretory eventually. Dan, Yeah, that is.
Speaker 4: I tried to streaming a little bit of it. It is like a bitrate murderer, it is.
Speaker 2: I had it working pretty good eventually, but it's like you have to really dial it in. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it's kind of shocking how few videos there are because I'm trying to find new strategies and stuff. I'll search for it and it's like, man, no one's fucking putting us out there, and it's like the best one of these ever. So yeah, i'd be up for that gang.
Speaker 1: And we're also gonna try and get some missed happening because I need it or else I'm gonna get stupid, right, Like I gotta miskeeps me smart.
Speaker 2: You have any of my brain games, it's my brain age. Yes, all right, I think that about does it.
Speaker 1: For this week's episode of The Giant Bobcast, he's been Jeffy, He's been Jeffy, he's been Mike, he's been Dan, I've been Jid.
Speaker 2: You at home doing great?
Speaker 3: Wow, look at this man.
Speaker 2: He's he's double pistons. Lick what desk? He's gonna stop him. He's invincible, just like.
Speaker 3: You at home, folks.
Speaker 2: We'll catch you next week for another episode of the Giant Bobcast.
Speaker 3: Good boo,