Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rovera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty powered by Nova Insurance Services ensure your most prized possessionets.
Speaker 2: Thank good, afternoon, everybody. Welcome to Eye on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera. You're Dave silver back again. Henry, you're with me. Thanks to both of you guys for not entering the transfer portal today.
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, there's still time though, isn't there.
Speaker 2: There's well, well, yet you do it after five o'clock. Okay, do it after five o'clock. How do you even do that?
Speaker 4: Is there like a form you fill out?
Speaker 2: There must be don't even look at I need you both. You guys are my fafita and whoever's left. Yeah, yeah, really, I wishure there's going to be thirty people by now.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at the list. It's it's quite a lineup. It really is. At least thirty, I think, and.
Speaker 2: Some of the key people. Dave I said this to you yesterday. There had to be issued during the year. That's why they didn't play hard for him. They didn't want to be here.
Speaker 5: Well, it's funny because they sure wanted to be here at the beginning of the year. True, after the way things went last year and then the way things kind of turned this season off they go.
Speaker 2: I wonder how much money left the building?
Speaker 4: I mean in I l oh and I know, really, how does this?
Speaker 5: I would it would be fun to try to get an idea on what this all means with an il. You know, Okay, they lost let's say, I don't know, a couple million dollars probably at least.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I would think, yeah, they have to get it back. No, no services have been rendered, whether they were poor for services, that's the whole thing. I was wondering how they get paid too, because you get it paid up front. Well, I might call him sick tomorrow, right, And I did for seven, ten weeks whatever it was, you know, whatever weeks. They were very strange. How much is not strange? This is not strange to me. With people leaving like crazy, how much money has left the building. And I guarantee you if I were Dave Silver and I had the money to give, I ain't given it again. I know, really what happened to that?
Speaker 5: You know, two hundred thousand dollars I just gave to ex player who's now going to be, you know, going to Fresno State or something.
Speaker 2: So I won't ask you specifics, but i'll ask you the question. So, when you went out and you did your philanthropy work for you, eh, did they? I'm sure you had to have run into mister big shot, mister big money Dave. If you recall you were here last year and I gave the money and I'm not going to do it again.
Speaker 4: Well, that's part of the.
Speaker 5: I guess not I don't want to call it a trick, but a part of the just the way you worked philanthropy. In most cases you did not necessarily go straight back to the person who just gave you a nice gift the year before. You have to let it kind of sit and you have to make sure it gets used correctly.
Speaker 2: And how do they know you have to show up? Well, you have to show them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's ways you can kind of play Hey, you know, we gave the scholarship money to this the student, and this is that they worked on, and this kind of thing, or this we gave money for research, and this is what the professor worked on.
Speaker 2: So you have to steward that money.
Speaker 5: It's really important as part of the whole you know, uh, circle of philanthropy.
Speaker 2: We used to call it a lot of the people to call it a circle of something.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, again with with giving to athletics, you know, sometimes it's just well, how did the team play?
Speaker 2: Not not that.
Speaker 5: Really your money is going to necessarily affect that unless you're getting you know, Kareem Abdul Jabbar to come back to college or something like that, who's going to have huge impact.
Speaker 2: I'm not necessarily a certain that the money you're buying, you're buying talent, right, that's what you're hoping to buy talent, good talent, that it equates to good money goes to good talent, right, or makes it good talent. Because I'm sure there was a well there's been a few places where you paid good money and it didn't work out. Utah utah the quarterback. Oh yeah, I mean I'm sure, I'm sure you got a ton of money, yep, and he didn't play. But a little yeah. Well, you know, think about what what Brennan is going through now.
Speaker 5: He's you know, he's got these what twenty recruits He's going to lose you know as of now, like you know, like around thirty players, and he's got the portal to work with. Right, it's I know he has like a general manager in that office who's in charge of all this looking around and okay, we just lost you know, four tight ends, or we just lost four defensive backs and now we've got to go get four more defensive backs. So it's right, and we have these new kids coming, so you know who knows well the funny the thing I won't say funny because it doesn't.
Speaker 2: It's not funny. Other schools like Arizona are going through the same thing, right, Arkansas. I saw some news today similar situations. More than twenty five kids are leaving. No one's happy, Dave, right, No one's happy with their situation. And just because you go here and there and blah blah blah, it doesn't make you happy again.
Speaker 4: But it is what everybody wants, instant gratification.
Speaker 5: And if you have a bad season and the team doesn't perform, and you you know, you're now giving the freedom to just pick up and go. It's just the way things are.
Speaker 2: One are the things that I can't remember who said this had to be months ago? One of the things lost in all this Okay, you have a kid who's transferred here, transferred there, even if it's one or twice the education, So where did you get his degree? If he gets his degree, right, not that that's a big deal anymore, because you know how you know, the trades are saying you're making more money with us than you're doing, you know, honestly, I mean I talked jokingly with Henry, and Henry kind of made me maybe look bad yesterday as we were leaving and talking about the journalism world. And he says, Steve reminded me of it all the time. Do you remember where you said? You remember we were leaving when yesterday when we were leaving, I was scited about journalism and how tough of this And he says, yeah, Steve reminds me all the time how difficult it is. It is, you know, and that's just that, I mean, there's there's other fields that are tough too, because Henry, how many kids do you know who've graduated in the last year or so who aren't in their field? Majority of its exactly exactly and not because they didn't want to. It's just there was no chance.
Speaker 5: That's you know, what do you do when you're majoring in you know, English or history or sociology something like that.
Speaker 2: You know, what do you what's the what's you say? What the hell are you thinking? Well, my son graduated with a political science degree. Luckily he landed. Okay, but okay, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: And journalism is not you know, it's it's kind of a you know, quote unquote glamorous job. A lot of people think it is. And then you know, when you see the reality, well, well can be tough.
Speaker 2: Let you go there with you because you you have a different reality than my reality. And you you you intern kids right enough that I want to get this into a journalism type thing. For those listeners they come in and they have these white eyes, right, they're going to be the next crunk uh miss what's your name from Shuttle four? I was gonna say Salas, no, no no from from knowing MB Savannah Gustrie not knowing the stuff that you have to do. She went to college to she went to college to get a degree, but she went to law school and all that stuff. But people don't talk about that. They want to be the next that, right because they see making millions data duh, And it's billions of miles away from that, right, because now you're carrying your cameras, you're chasing stuff, you're you're doing stuff you don't want to do, you know, the dog catcher type of stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, things are a lot different, for sure. It's not it's not very glamorous at the beginning. And you can, you know, if you if you're good and you work your way through and you you know, improve, it's going to take you know, a good number of years, maybe five years, until you maybe sort of hit it big where you can move on to a bigger market. But you know, basically, when you're coming out of no matter where you're coming out of, if you're coming out of a school in la or Tucson or Missouri, Missouri, someplace, you've got to start somewhere and landing that first job. I always tell the interns that I had, you know, just just getting the door. You know, don't don't worry about what the exact role is going to be. Remember my mom back in the day, you know, way you can sweep the floors at the radio station. Well, you know, maybe not, but it's kind of the kind of I kind of got that impression from her. You know, just just find that job, whether you know it's part time or something, just to kind of get your you know, foot in the door, right, that's the key.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and being good Like I'm doing the evaluations for Henry and the rest of the guys. And I said, this just show would not be going on. How to not have these guys given what they know what they're doing for her? Yeah, you know it's important, Yeah, it's important. And who knows. I hope that's why they do a lot, because they can do a lot when they leave. You know, what the hell, my time's near the end. I don't need to know. Although although what i'm by myself, Henry, what the hell am I doing?
Speaker 5: I'm getting back to what you were saying, you know before, about loyalty to the university or loyal loyal to their schools. What's that going to be like for some of these guys who've gone to three or four different colleges, Like I guess I'll go back to my reunion college too. Well, you know, how's that going to play?
Speaker 2: You see the guys that NFL Steve rivera University of whatever, you know it is elementary school, blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: I like when they do the high school, you know that that's probably as far as they got with their degree anyway.
Speaker 2: Right, right, So we'll see what happens and who's going to be left. I think is there a deadline for this? Is it a month or a week or more? I don't even know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Because it opens up again in the spring.
Speaker 4: I think it ends pretty soon. I mean, it's got to.
Speaker 2: To get in to get in, and then I would wonder maybe you can google this date and see. Okay, so the guys get into a trackple, how many people don't land somewhere?
Speaker 4: A lot?
Speaker 5: I think that's usually what happens by the spring. Well, you know, all of a sudden, they go, you know what, there's still like fifteen hundred players in the portal. You know, then what and then nobody wants you to maybe try to go back if there's.
Speaker 2: A room at their old school, Yeah, would you take back? Yeah? Who knows? It depends who their situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know, I would assume that the good players are going to get picked up. It's the ones that, you know, like we used always see in the NBA draft, guys declaring like what do you do claring for word, you're not going to get drafted.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, no, in Arizona. I think Jason Gardner did that here. I don't think my stuff did, but Jason Gardner, Chris Rogers, those guys. An you think, okay, you didn't test the waters, and they're going to tell you, well, you better go back and look at this year. Look at the Look at the best player that we thought on the team, Caleb Love Senior, Pack ten Player of the Year, Pack twelve Player of the Year. And and he said no, go back, and and well he came back, and this is what's happening.
Speaker 4: Well, there's still time.
Speaker 2: There's still time. I'll say the butt again. If you weren't good last year, if you were one saying going to be any better, yeah, you're the same player.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much. Should be fun this weekend. I'm looking forward to the U c l A.
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 6: What you got?
Speaker 2: You're not gonna be with.
Speaker 4: Me, There're gonna You're gonna be there.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be there. I think they're gonna lose. I say that. I say that for one reason. Uh if if if Cronin slows it down, that's what he does with U c l A Arizona is that's the kryptonite to Arizona.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, he wants the game in the fifties or sixties.
Speaker 2: So if it stays in the sixties, Arizona doesn't win that game, and people will give me crap if they win. But if it gets in the seventies, maybe Arizona wins. Yeah. And you know, there's not enough sample size to say they can get out of it because they haven't gotten out of it.
Speaker 5: And you know what I was gonna say too, I haven't really seen UCLA. I guess is the records good? But yeah, you know, who have they been playing that I've been playing a lot of weak teams so far.
Speaker 2: But well on Arizona two, and.
Speaker 5: That just you know, I mean, everyone's gonna get up for the game. You know, I would not be surprised if everyone's fired up at the beginning. It's exciting right off the top. And then well we'll settle settle into things.
Speaker 2: Right, right, let's go a review today's today's show. We're gonna have Pete Williams, former U of A basketball player. Obviously he kind of I call him the cornerstone to the program. The granddaddy of them all, if you will, because he was the first guy, him and Eddy Smith that came on the board back in Loot's first recruiting class and may kind of started making Arizona what it is today. He posted some stuff yesterday. I don't know if you're friends with him on facebok, but you know he had a twenty rebound game and seventeen points.
Speaker 4: Oh I did see that.
Speaker 2: This was This was thirty forty years ago. Yeah, forty years ago. It's hard to believe.
Speaker 5: I mean that Eddie Smith game, the A SU game was what that was in eighty three or eighty four.
Speaker 2: Eighty four?
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, yeah, we're talking forty years and people still remember that.
Speaker 2: I remember I remember.
Speaker 5: It watching it or it was your first year here, right, Yeah, But I think I was at the station. I don't think I was. I was not at that game, but I was at a lot of other A issue games.
Speaker 2: You did the football stuff? Did you do the basketball? No game show? Who did that? There was?
Speaker 4: Say it wasn't on our station, Oh it was, there was.
Speaker 2: Look at the time. There was someone who.
Speaker 5: Did a show later on our station. But I think at the time it might have been on Channelly eleven. I want to say, who's the guy Kent? Kent diurd of honest, was that the guy?
Speaker 2: I think so that was way back because I pulled that name out because he was great. He did a lot of basketball here, covered the Kansas City Royals. I think, I think something like that in the Midwest. He definitely had Phoenix ties.
Speaker 5: He did Anau I think, yeah, maybe after Arizona, but not.
Speaker 2: The Google descenaries that. Maybe I'll try to find him. Yeah, So he's gonna be here at three seventeen Pete will and then in the other hour we're going to talk to Lamont love It. We've talked to him a few times in the in the recent months talking about Uba. I want to talk to get his talk to him, to get his thoughts on the transfers. I mean, this is just not you know, Steve Rivera and Henry. This is you know, the big dudes. This is the big It's a good show Davis and Davis.
Speaker 4: Oh you mean in terms of the guy's leaving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the guy's leaving. I said, you know what the gunner. I mean, some of these guys were big stars. Yeah, two quarterbacks one neither of them did anything as far as you know performing here, none of them did anything, Dave. That's why they finished forty eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to think who's in there.
Speaker 5: Kean Burnette, you know, had a couple of good games, been a little injured and never really did much.
Speaker 2: And his dad was a huge dude here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the lineman that's kind of sad, Wendel Mow and then the other guy's going pro Jonah big jonah right right, So they lose those two defensive line.
Speaker 2: Henri, who had to wake you up and take us to commercial? Thank you?
Speaker 7: Are you ready ready to discover your soul, your wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots and table games, to award winning dining to world class entertainment to a luxurious resource.
Speaker 2: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 7: Discover with Soul Casino del Soul, the Soul of Tucson. Are you ready enterprise so Fasco Yaki trye.
Speaker 8: The window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browsey aisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space today visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for ready to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color, and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the window Depot. The window depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock and Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. We'll call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three. Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 9: Arizona Health Arizona Health, Arizona Health.
Speaker 10: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals, your health and fitness to serve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading.
Speaker 2: Edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 4: On twenty second, just west of Will.
Speaker 11: School and the fall sports season are in full stride. Time to give that special student athlete a creative award for his or her efforts they are deserving. It's also time to rejuvenate your fall apparel with a Chris looking embroidered school corporate logo on caps, shorts or long sleeve follows. And why not get some fresh looking promotional products representing your school or corporation, or just giveaways for the upcoming twenty twenty five season For over one thousand fun items to choose room don't visit Creative Awards at Creative awardsaz dot com or see our Idea Center at two twenty eight Westrackman Street.
Speaker 2: At Nova Home Loans.
Speaker 12: We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership.
Speaker 2: Paul Volpi is.
Speaker 12: Ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs, whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation.
Speaker 2: Visit Voltpe team dot com.
Speaker 12: That's Volpe team dot com or call five two oh six eight five six two six today in MLS three oh eight seven Arizona b K nine two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity, got commitment to Lindrix, syon credit greates and avaiable loan programs of sujets to change the nutice?
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 11: Colli if these sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at chart or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination.
Speaker 2: As one of the.
Speaker 11: Leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best of.
Speaker 2: Sports cards and trading card games.
Speaker 11: From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on eat Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere trust Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 9: On a road trip or just around town, driving a car you can afford is more important than ever. At Pyramid Federal Credit Union, our one rate auto.
Speaker 13: Loan is for everyone.
Speaker 9: One rate offers a single competitive rate no matter your credit score.
Speaker 2: You can borrow better with Peerramid.
Speaker 9: For details or to apply online, visit Pyramid FCU dot com Slash one rate. Pyramid Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity lender federally insured by NCUA.
Speaker 3: Gout, bugs, termites, bees or rodents. Arizona Pester Control, We'll hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist. That's can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bes or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 1: Breaking down all the xs and o's. This is High on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Box Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to I on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve RIVERTA. He's Dave Silvert. Now on the phone. We have the cornerstone, Pete Williams. How you doing, Pete?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 6: How you guys doing it right here? Dave Silver them out?
Speaker 2: I'm here, Yes, I'm here, Dave.
Speaker 13: How are you doing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Good? Pete? How are you?
Speaker 14: I'm hanging in there, my man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great, congratulations on the grandchild.
Speaker 15: Hey, I've got two of them now, man, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. Look at this six foot eight How tall are you? Six foot night exleven six cent. I'll give you a little more this this tough dude, he's mister mushy now.
Speaker 13: Oh absolutely, man, I'm a I'm a cream puff. But I still got that lion in me.
Speaker 2: Well you showed you yesterday. I mean, come on, it was seventeen points twenty boards forty forty years ago. Forty years ago.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's crazy. How fast time? It's long unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but did you remember that like yesterday?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Because I know Loyola Marrimount actually recruited me at one point and I still remember in the in the in the falk spring of eighty three. You know they're gonna get they're gonna give me like a little job at this part, you know, by my house, and I didn't have to do nothing, to just sit it the park, you know, which would have been pretty cool. But I like the way things turned out for me.
Speaker 2: What it's pretty What do you mean by pretty cool?
Speaker 13: I had just said at the park and getting paid?
Speaker 2: You know, did you did you ever remember seeing that movie one on one with Henry with with Henry Steele It was Robbie Benzon Benson. Yeah, I remember that getting paid to look mulderlaan or to one of the grass with automatic sprinklers.
Speaker 13: Okay, when it comes to manual labor, I don't want to do none of that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no. You would have wanted the gas, but it was automatic sprinklers. You didn't have to do anything.
Speaker 15: That's cool.
Speaker 5: Was that kind of stuff really happening in the early eighties?
Speaker 2: Were those seventies seventies?
Speaker 13: Well that but you know, like John Edgar and Eddie Smith and some of the football players, those guys had real jobs. They worked construction for uh, I forgot what what big alumnus from Tucson they worked construction. So they they did real manual They got paid great, but they did some real manual labor though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the good old bad days. Now now you'd be killing it.
Speaker 15: It'd be awesome.
Speaker 13: But I like to think I'll still be able to maintain that same work ethic.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: True. Hey, great point, because I talk about all the time, you're getting hate to do this, And now what are your thoughts on the kids leaving for football, from football to go somewhere else leaving well? Because the yeah, I hate it, you know I do.
Speaker 15: It's just.
Speaker 14: For me personally.
Speaker 13: You know, my allegiance to the U of A will never stay. But it's just, uh, it's just tough to have that allegiance as wholeheartedly as as I once did when guys just take off and the majority of the time it is, you know, pretty much about about the money. You know, I get playing time here and there, times and change, but I don't like it one bit.
Speaker 2: Do you. You obviously very famous of coming in with Eddie. I think mister Tate correct, Yeah, do you still talk to mister Tate?
Speaker 13: Well, you know, Michael Sate and I we grew up together in Conftence, so we used to have sleepovers and we were like, uh, I was in the when I was in the fifth grade.
Speaker 15: Michael was in the third.
Speaker 13: So I stayed in this tablehood for four years and Michael lived like it's not even a fool, like a half a block around the corner. Yeah, Me and Michael real cool. But you know, Mike's falling on a hard times.
Speaker 15: As far as health issues.
Speaker 13: It just just heart breaks my heart, man, because uh, you know, Mike has suffered a series of strokes years ago or whatever. And I will say the last time I spoke to him, he was better than I expected, but still a long way.
Speaker 15: From being you know, the Michael Tate that I've always grew up in love. You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he was good. That was such an interesting time. I mean, not to compare Mike.
Speaker 13: Mike was going to be the face of the program. Yeah, you know, he really would. You know, they had that billboard and him on Speedway advertising Arizona basketball. And even when he left to go to Clemson, I would tell him.
Speaker 14: Mike, you got a billboard on speedway.
Speaker 13: Like Mike billboard? I said, Mike, do you understand it's a billboard?
Speaker 15: You know?
Speaker 5: Why why did he leave? I can't remember the circumstances around that.
Speaker 13: Was, well, you know what happened was you know when Craig and Billing came in, because you know that first year Mike and Mike and uh Rock Bronkers one point point guards. They started at guard spot and Steve Curb was the first got off the bench. So when we signed Craig, coach Austin will have Steve and from Craig compete for the two and Mike and Brock compete for the one. And you know, Mike was offerings from pack In Packed Can team the year before Mike, you know, but Rock Rock beat him out fair and square, and to Steve credit a lot of propert Steed and Steve beat out Grab mc millans. But actually, I just think coach Oshin was a little a little overly harsh on Mike as far as the criticized, and I think he kind of went a little overboard. But that wasn't just that Mike's dad got involved, and Mike's dad really is the one that.
Speaker 15: Kind of encouraged him to leave. And to this day, Mike.
Speaker 13: Will tell you one the biggest regrets you ever had was leading even though you know he had a great career at Clemson.
Speaker 2: Right now, we talked about a lot of people. I think the people who leave, uh the uh, you know, the Shawn Allen's, the the dude who leaved there was Edrew bo'hannon's eventually say you don't what I could have stated one more year just to you know, write it out.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, oh yeah, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 2: We had a lot.
Speaker 5: I mean there were a number of players kind of in that early like the first ten years of coach Olsen, there were probably a pretty good number of players that went off. You know, he was recruiting good players and then the competition was picking up, and you know, you come here, you think you're gonna play, and it just doesn't work out. So there were a number of guys that left. I guess that was just.
Speaker 13: We've had some great players come through there. But I'm just kind of disappointed that we and so many people in Tucson really didn't didn't get a chance.
Speaker 15: To see the real Richard Hollis play. Yes, because rich was.
Speaker 13: A monster, but you know, rich never made his mile time and then the back issues and one thing held to another, he left.
Speaker 14: I think he ended up going.
Speaker 13: To some Juco and en over at Houston still had a pretty good rich Is and Damon. Damon thought him I'll tell you, Damon. Rich was one of Damon's heroes coming up.
Speaker 15: Rich He was that dude, right.
Speaker 2: I remember going up because I'm not too much younger than you guys, and I remember like reading the Street and Smith or whatever was Richard Hollis. Back then, it was like the best player to ever play here. I mean I remember reading stuff like that.
Speaker 13: As far as talent, he put it up there, arguably talented as anybody to come through. Unfortunately he never got a chance to play a game there.
Speaker 2: He's a ref though, now, isn't he? He was a ref Richard how I don't think that would be comical to me.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I think so. I thought I can remember something like that. So odd that he became a ref at the at the college level with the pro level. I have to google that, but it's not the.
Speaker 13: Pro level, and I see, I would be absolutely shocked if Richard Hollis is refereeing anywhere, let alone a high school college approgram.
Speaker 6: Start.
Speaker 2: Jean Edgson was doing that still, I try to get him on the show. He had to go to like Yuma to cover a game. Yeah, yeah, so I'm sure you've been watching the Arizona team. What are your thoughts, Oh man, what do we begin? We have we have about seven minutes.
Speaker 13: You know, it's it's here.
Speaker 15: I'm an eternal optimist.
Speaker 13: I know what it's like that the struggle and the team finds itself and you can see the market improvement, and then they just kind of take off, you know. So I've kind of been through that, you know. But the one thing with us back then is, you know, for us, it was never a lack of effort. You know, we were just trying to start a whole new culture, you know.
Speaker 14: So that was the big difference this team here.
Speaker 13: I I questioned the parts that the parts don't seem to fit right, you know, on paper demands as far as go.
Speaker 15: To three guards.
Speaker 13: You look at Bradley Love and and uh so good players, very good players, but collectively on the court at the same time, it doesn't seem to be a fit, particularly on the offensive end of the court, you know, because the perimeter shooting is so inconsistent, and uh we it seems we have to work too hard to get a basket. That that part is kind of frustrating, because I would think as much as they played together, the flow would be so much better, and then you're throwing a part where the big guys really haven't made the improvement that I think many of us kind of expected.
Speaker 15: It's it's just not a good fit.
Speaker 13: But as I said, I still think we got time to fix this thing. You know, I'm not one of the abandon ship and I think if we get things uh head and the right direction, we can make a little run.
Speaker 5: Is there a key to the defensive problems that they've had where they're you know, having trouble garden the three things like that?
Speaker 2: What can what have you done?
Speaker 13: And it can't be a curse against Arizona. It's to me, it's just it's about effort. Like when I watch a game on TV and we're on a defensive end, I'm not just watching the guys who's guarding the ball. I'm kind of scanning to see where other players are. And oftentimes I find that, you know, we just have guys getting the spot late, you know, than when they should be, you know, And to me, that's very fixable. But you got to have some motivation to get out there and do it. You know. I'm sure they're being talked about it in practice and film sessions and this and that, but then get on the court and.
Speaker 14: Execute, you know, the mistakes you've been previously making.
Speaker 13: And now it's just it kills me to see everybody just seemed to seat the lights.
Speaker 14: Out against us, but we have a hard time making it three.
Speaker 2: No, I thought your valuation just just a moment ago talking about how difficult it looks or appears for them to score, just to score. And my biggest issue, and I've said this now three days in a row, it doesn't have that signature thing that the Loodles and teams had, that transition points. You know, that fifteen to two run or the twenty to four run, you know those big runs.
Speaker 13: I called that that vaunted Arizona runs. I think coach Lloyd brought back, you know, the first few years. You know, it was such a pleasure to see that vaunted Arizona run. This one right here, I'm just not sure because I just don't know if we have the the offensive capabilities to do that. I mean, you know, if Caleb could show a little more consistency, because I think he is obviously our best score.
Speaker 15: He's just been so daang inconsistent.
Speaker 13: And you know, him getting back on track would would be a great start, you know. But yeah, that's what I'm waiting for. See, but I used to love watching the Cats. Didn't care what the score was whatever. He knew at some point that vaunted Arizona run was coming.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: There's something about a Zula's Tobellus too. We kind of forget how good he was on the run for a big guy, I mean.
Speaker 13: The floor, the floor, and then even when he got the ball down on the block, he knew what to do with it.
Speaker 15: If he got up the high.
Speaker 13: Coast, he knew he was going left, and yet nobody could stop him, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I asked this of Meilbox yesterday as as and I'm just a question, maybe an observation question. Uh, as Caleb goes, Arizona goes.
Speaker 13: Steve, Uh, I'm gonna sign off on that and say, yes, you know, he's gotta he's gotta fight his work his way through this.
Speaker 15: And you know, I don't want to be one of those.
Speaker 13: Okay, he has one good game, two good games, and he's back and of a sudden goes back to with any consistency, the the for shot making or shot taking and all that type of stuff. He's what a fifth year senior. Now that correct, that old jumps that should be out the window. Now he's got to be more efficient. For this team to go anywhere, he has to be more efficient. Another point I'd like to make is, you know, Carter Bryant, Hey, he's oppressed and he needs to play, you know, if he if we got to be paid up to let him work through his mistakes and everything or whatever, because he is the.
Speaker 15: Most talented individual on that team.
Speaker 13: Granted he's young or whatever, but he needs to play and he's unfortunately he's not to grow.
Speaker 15: Up pretty fast.
Speaker 13: And if he does, that's another element, you know, that'll be a big bonus for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, what did you what was your observation yesterday? Te him what you thought about Brian because.
Speaker 5: It's he was somewhat hesitant, obviously a little bit timid, but I mean there were a couple of shots he made early in the season and maybe he's even back in the exhibition games where he looked, Wow, this guy's got some you know, interest in in you know, some intensity if you will, But then it went away.
Speaker 2: He kind of went away. But he also has not the minutes.
Speaker 5: You know, I guess that's one of those things where if you get out there and you don't perform in the first you know, two minutes you're out there.
Speaker 13: Yet, because you know, just making a three that's not enough. He saw something like you mentioned Dave earlier in the season. I saw him like one or two dribbles, pull up shoot fifteen eighteen footer. I love that, and he's capable of doing.
Speaker 15: Stuff like that. But he has to be on the floor more.
Speaker 14: He has to because you know, I said, the big.
Speaker 13: Guys, I mean, they're good players, but they haven't progress to what I thought. I'm not saying I thought it would be dominant low post players, but I thought they'd be more efficient than what they are. Get the ball, turn over, right shoulder, you know, jump puck or left shoulder jump huck, turn around jumper, drop step, power to the bucket, you know, and they're not. Obviously they're not the most athletic people around, but come on, man, seven foot anything around that rim, you should be trying to tear that thing down.
Speaker 2: So do you still keep in contact with your former UCLA you know, competition from back in the day.
Speaker 13: Well other than Brad Right, you know, the former center used to lay. You know, we still talk one from the Blue Moon Brad. Brad is doing well, you know, we talked to me.
Speaker 15: Now, but he would be the only one.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The reason is that this is another big weekend. And let me say this U C. L A. You know, the rivalry is still there. Obviously they're going to try to play it as often as they can. But and I think that Arizona has a good chance to lose this game because it's UCLA does the kryptonite, slows the ball down, makes them play in the half court limits and transition, and.
Speaker 14: They're playing pretty well right now too.
Speaker 5: You know, what was it like, what was that like early in your time here against UCLA, because that I mean they were they were pretty good, right were they? You know, considered better than Arizona where you you were kind of part of that transition time where.
Speaker 4: It kind of flipped.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the first couple of years, of course they were. And I still remember when I was a sophomore in Juco the Lindy year where they beat you of ade something like one hundred and something, the fifty something, you know, and then uh, first time we played them, McHale, I think we lose about.
Speaker 15: Four or six.
Speaker 14: But for us, even though Cocho.
Speaker 13: Then could care less about a moral victory, for us, it was kind of in a sense, you know, a moral victory the way we played, because you know, we competed, we just weren't. We weren't nearly as talented as they were, and we were still trying to learn the whole culture winning based on what they did the previous year.
Speaker 15: But yeah, they they were.
Speaker 13: They were superior to us that first year. Second year, things evened.
Speaker 2: Out, and that second year, you guys wont the well, you're on the verge of I won't even go through that story.
Speaker 15: I don't want to be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah on't you mad at me? But I've had you mat at me too many times. But eventually they took over. I mean, you know the legendary story. Bobby had the game program with her, she went to John Wooden to sign it because that was when there was finally one that won the league.
Speaker 15: Yeah eighty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'll tell you that story off the air.
Speaker 13: I would I would have loved to been a part of that because you know, John Acker, they tell me the stories. But just when they came back. You know, some people, some people that meet them at the airport and everything, and how exciting that whole deal was. I could I can only imagine, you know, yeah, yeah, and to wrap.
Speaker 15: It up in Pauli of all places, you know, that was the best.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you were I knew I wasn't at the game, but I was covering it in those years, right right, right, No, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure it was was the rivalry, you know, because you Arizona's like the little brother, right trying to take take over and take over. How was that because now it's Arizona used to be, you know, we're the king.
Speaker 14: Well, I would say.
Speaker 13: Bye bye Sean Elliott's junior year. You know, I won't say vaunted way ahead, but I think they moved ahead. And then but then you look at um throughout the nineties, it was arguably Arizona, U, C l A and Stafford, right pretty nineties or whatever. But you know, again, and it's understandable it with coach Olson just getting started, you know, no, we were in nobody's conversation.
Speaker 15: But but but they knew.
Speaker 13: I knew Awakening was coming based on how competitive we were that first year. You know, the second year we to play with anybody out there. But that first year, it was understandable. But I think I think one of the one of the reasons why people liked us so much because the previous year they didn't even compete. We compete against everybody, you know, and even though the record didn't reflect, you know, as far as with the number of wins, you could see saying you the guard was gonna eventually be coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that was you, That was Eddie. Who else was in that screw?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 13: And I think about just you know, if we hadn't lost Mike, if we hadn't lost Rich, if Brock hadn't missed six games that year, if Morgan hadn't had a couple of academic issues that year, or whatever.
Speaker 1: Ah, then that way.
Speaker 13: John Eggert couldn't always be clown to me about he's the only one that had the pack of pat ken ring.
Speaker 2: You know, right right, You're always gonna get grief every opportunity he gets.
Speaker 6: He tried to rub it in my face too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me let me before we leave. I wanted to touch you real quick, just get an answer, because you're you're your Your love for the man was very, very deep and well documented in one of my in my books. Uh I'm sure you still miss Luke. Could you talk to him a lot? Oh yeah, And here's the deal.
Speaker 13: I'm I'm in a good place right now because you know, I've told the story of many I told the story often that you know, when I talk about Coach Olsen, it's real easy for me to get emotional at Eventually I got to kind of shut it down because I can't control the emotion. But I'm in a good place right now, Okay. But absolutely I missed. What I missed most probably some of those random phone calls just off the blue. You know, he would just call and I would see his name right if my phone. Man, I would just get so happy or whatever, and I just I miss those moments. And even when I was, you know, at work in probation. You know, we can't talk on our cell phones at work, and sometimes Coacho would call and I would see it and I would go sneak into the laundry room just to get in a few minutes on.
Speaker 15: The phone with you.
Speaker 13: I mean, that's just he's easily, and I said about him, easily the most influential person in my adult life and has pretty much shaped me into the man I am today.
Speaker 15: And I'll be forever grateful for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that's the case for everybody who played for him, you know that that had to go through the tough times, and then he went and got through the tough times and then became you know, close to him.
Speaker 13: Yeah, because the relationship changes, you know, once you get out, it really becomes even more personable and lovable. And it's just he was just absolute best and and and it's funny which most people wouldn't really realize, and we didn't really realize that he is that you know, that's pretty.
Speaker 2: Funny, you know, a dry sense of humor, and then he'd give you that.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Well, Pete's always thank you very much. Maybe we'll see you. I guess there's nothing. You're not coming to Phoenix, right, you know it's gonna be a while.
Speaker 15: No, I think I'll just sit.
Speaker 13: Outsite at the house and have a few beers and watch it on TV. And we don't get to w on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Optimistic, hope, So always optimist.
Speaker 6: Talking to you too, man.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Thanks Pete, see Pete, thank you. I shake Pete Williams for well the Cornerstone. Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 5: In my last job, I had a chance to visit with him a couple of times in the LA area, and it was it was great.
Speaker 4: It was a conversations just like that. We were kind of reminiscing and thinking about.
Speaker 5: Those early years and the first the first signs of Arizona basketball, you know, and and the Loute Olson Arrow.
Speaker 2: Darn what happened? Oh darn, no, I want to text. It was Leon Wood. Oh, Leon Wood was the guy was referee. That's the referee. I I don't know why I thought Richard House, but Leo would thank you. I here he that's exactly who it was. But he didn't play with Pete. No, he was right.
Speaker 4: He was the year before for because he stayed fuller time.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Transford, I don't thank you here because that's the guy that he was fantastic. Uh and then he left because Luke should have. I don't know what the story was, but yeah, yeah, Okay, Now let's go to break and come back. We'll talk more about everything that Pete said and more. Would take some calls to If you're an Arizona Man's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years. Now take a look back at the Ludelsen Era in my new book, Lessons from Loot, It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from Lout is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one Email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 16: Hi, this is formal Wildcat lemanhuntly with Arizona Health. Imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your time. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal space in your life. We off a complete line of cardio machines, multi gyms and freeway equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you out with the right equipment.
Speaker 2: And training to get you started and keep you going.
Speaker 16: Visit our share room today at twenty second in Wilmot. Arizona Health the lead edge and exercise equipment. What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial lad available, it's time to earn the degreer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PIMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you.
Speaker 2: Learn how at Pima dot edu. Slash Someday, Hey Tucson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Markets All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance. With the Edmond Markets All State Agency, You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven to nineteen Nord Campbell or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three. Selling your home? Want to get more money for it? Well, Danny Roth can help you. He told me about as You Flip the Home You Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Army Holmes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten five hundred homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling a home of Danny Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand.
Speaker 1: Streamy Live on the Ihearts radio app. This is Eye on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to Buying the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm see Rivera, Dave Silver in with me today. We've got Henry at the mic with the board. Now we have a call. I think Gabriel.
Speaker 11: Is that you?
Speaker 6: Yes, Yes, it's me. How you guys?
Speaker 2: We're doing fine? Hey, Gabe, I do take Blue Cross, Bruce Shield if you need a little psychiatric help with this football team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, first off, I think my saws and prayers are all all out of coverage.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I saw I'm wow.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna talk political. If that's no, don't don't. If a CEO got so, how do you?
Speaker 2: How do you? How do you feel about what's going on with that football team?
Speaker 6: Oh? This is college football, baby, I don't know. To be honest with you, what do you? What do you guys think?
Speaker 2: Well, I said it all along that these guys didn't want to play for him, showed that they didn't want to play for him, but he didn't play hard for him. Now they're gone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would agree with you, and I think, okay, Well, all the guys who are transferring, I think, okay, fine, go to other places that I'm going to pay you a lot more money. And I think, but bring you to say, hey, so all the players in the shots for portal that there are that are in the portal, I think you should hey, he should say, we have a lot of open positions, so come, we're come and play. That's why I kind of think.
Speaker 4: There's definitely gonna be some open open positions.
Speaker 5: I think, you know, some of the quotes I think I saw him saying like you know, if those guys want to go to another place, jump on their bandwagon, just just go, you know, if you don't want to be here, go And then they also have the option of looking around. And again the timetable is kind of murky right now, but they could come back, and that happened last year as well, so I'm trying to be optimistic with that. You know, hopefully some of the better players if they see, you know, if they can find a better situation.
Speaker 2: And money talks.
Speaker 5: Nowadays in college football, just about every quarterback has a number attached to them. If you're good, you're gonna get something somewhere.
Speaker 6: Yeah, money talks, be yes walks right.
Speaker 2: So no, no about the basketball team, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 6: They gotta beat the they gotta beat U. C l A. And they also got to beat the Southern Keebler Elf because Mick Crumin definitely looks like ELF.
Speaker 2: He's been I read that today that he's been more uh more or less less Mike Cronin, he's been more cordially.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, maybe Justin Spears needs to talk with him. I know, nobody misses with all Boy and Spears, and yeah, nobody misses with my ginger assassin.
Speaker 2: That's right, he got after this is I'd surprise you're you're not answering the question. Yeah, uh so what do you think? What do you think is ailing the basketball team?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 6: Too early in the season. I mean, I think the reason why we have such a really bad record is of the Bahamas tournament and and playing every single good team. I mean, Arizona is four and four. We're not used to Arizona having like a bad record like that. We're usually eight and two or eight and oh or nine to oh, So we're not like used to that is that we're not used to having a football record.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you this because you've been following a long time since I've been on the show here, Uh ain't no kind of gets you guys. You youri Zona fan's kind of really giddy, kind of over overthinking that about the tournament, right, We're gonna do really well. Does this kind of temper that maybe become more realistic that you know, March could be more realistic?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, I'm expecting Arizona to lose a couple of games in the Pick twelve. It's not like we're in the Pac twelve right now. The PAC twelve basically were a stink, just like the wholy manmots.
Speaker 5: So so anyway, all right, it'll be fine, canna still be fun. I think I'm I'm you know. I think Matt Meilbach was talking about it yesterday where he said that Arizona did have some tough places to go in the PAC twelve, and so there they should be ready for something like sayah Houston or Missouri, Iowa State, some of those places that have this reputation. So I think they can stack up and they and remember those teams have to come to McHale Center too, which isn't exactly the easiest place to play, as we've seen over the years.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you guys the one one last question. So, if Brent Brennan doesn't get any players in the transport world, does that tell you signs that he will probably give fired next year? So that's probably gonna be the case.
Speaker 2: I think you're spot on, because if he doesn't get players that are halfway decent, that could be a very possible, very big possibility. David.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, he's gonna get players.
Speaker 5: I mean, he'll get players, whether or not they're the quality that we're hoping for you know, remains to be seen. He brought in players last year, he brought in year.
Speaker 2: Make sure you signed that check and send it to the Arizona football program so they can use it for n I l oh, definitely.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll I'll save up some money and put it into into into the NY Say, you guys, you gotta you gotta play in a lot of money if you want Arizona to be good. Put shut up, don't be a lazy ass.
Speaker 4: You're right, Gabe, You're right. Can you sign that check? Phil Knight? Is there a way that.
Speaker 2: Could be done?
Speaker 6: He has a buttload of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you don't want to get political game, so I'll let you go.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Gabe, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we'll see what happens this weekend. Gave one of the loyal listeners and colleges. You know, he's uh. He also calls the other people. So I have a little shakey with a little disappointed.
Speaker 5: He's got his opinions. Does I think a lot of people have opinions? I think, you know, not just it's just different, It really is. You know, we used to just kind of know the high school kids are coming and there's gonna be a few j C transfers, you know, things like that, but it's just the whole transfer portal is such a mess.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you know, we don't know what to expect. You're you're right, you mores wrote something today. We've talked about it on the show before with whom we have the j C people coming that it's hurt the high schools and the j C is the transfer portal because why would you go to the high schools or the j c's when you can go after somebody else's who's been there, done that at another school.
Speaker 5: I know we're going to talk maybe later about Belichick and going to North Carolina, but.
Speaker 4: You know he's not going to be going to high schools. No, he's not going to be recruiting.
Speaker 5: He's just going straight transfer portal and promising them a shot at the NFL.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he would be like you talked about Dion. It would be a different deal, right, but a Dion like type of thing. Because Dean doesn't leave the city. I think he doesn't go visit because he says, what's that going to do? They come to my place and they get impressed.
Speaker 5: With me, right, and plus, you know, Dion comes with the you know, being a player in his background, whereas Belichick has, you know, obviously the coaching background and the history and the success and the connections and things like that that are.
Speaker 2: Going to probably help recruit players. Just on that basis, I'll give you two options. Who are you playing for Belichick or a deal? I don't know, you know, if I'm.
Speaker 5: Depends on what what I'm going to be doing, if I'm like, I'm really going to be in the NFL. Really think I guess Dion, if I have the talent, he's going to be able to teach me things that maybe Belichick, you know, has never been a you know, a professional player, couldn't do. I want to be a coach or want to be in management. I want to be successful maybe after football. Well I think, you know, you go to college and you hope that you're going to learn something that's going to give you success afterwards too, whether it's football or business or whatever.
Speaker 2: I just googled the people leaving for the portal. Uh that came up for some I don't want to read, but I got it anyway. It said sixteen percent of the rosters get into the transfer portal nationally or nationally nationally sixteen percent. And then I read a story from two three years ago about forty percent don't find homes, so you go and then you don't know where to go or you know what I'm saying, you don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no one wants you. Yeah, you'll start hearing those stories, especially you know in the spring. Hey, wait, there's still like I said, there's still like fifteen hundred people you know in the portal who are are looking for a spot.
Speaker 2: We got a call real quick. Hello, you're on the air nine of the ball Who's asked. We've got about a minute or so.
Speaker 6: Hey, Dave, this is Lobel Phil.
Speaker 2: Hey, Lobo Phil. How are you? I'm doing good?
Speaker 6: How are you? How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Dave? Good? Good? You got about a minute Phil.
Speaker 14: Hey, okay, I got two quick questions.
Speaker 6: I just want to make sure.
Speaker 17: I want I want to know how how Jay's doing.
Speaker 2: Is he okay?
Speaker 15: See surviving?
Speaker 2: He's okay, three, he's surviving his new job. Him and I have been talking. I want him to come in and do a day in the week. He's kind of saying yes. So I'll let you guys know when that will happen. So you know, next week, next Thursday, we're at the casino, but I want him to come in once once a day, once a week.
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 6: So the second question, just real quick.
Speaker 17: So one time, I think it was a couple of years ago, I asked you guys a question Evan Jay. So I'm gonna pose the same question against you. It's to Dave, do you believe that Tommy Lloyd is gonna be end up being closer to a a shot Miller type.
Speaker 2: Of coach or a lout Olson type of I remember that question. Could you give me some parameters.
Speaker 6: By wins and final fours?
Speaker 2: Okay, by wins and final fours. Okay, Okay, we're gonna go we're gonna take this. We're gonna talk about that one. We'll think about that one because we're gonna go to break and we'll talk about it on the other side. But I remember that I remember your question because it was a good question, and now it's kind of funny question because it's true, and.
Speaker 17: I remember I remember yours and Jay's answers.
Speaker 2: By the way, the shot it's gonna be, it's gonna be more loot. Of course, that's did you guys say last I remember the answer, Well, let me. I'm still leaning that way, so we'll let me. David, I don't think about it.
Speaker 14: Thanks, and I want to hear Dave's Dave's answer to how.
Speaker 2: About how about them Lobos? Tough week, this week, tough week, terrible week? Yes, okay, thanks film, yeah, yeah, when you lose to the Eggies hopefuls that we got about a minute or we can go down. Now we've got Okay, let's go and come back with breaking news and we'll get to his question. Okay,