Speaker 1: Ben and Skin Show ninety some point one The Eagle. Hope you have big weekend plans. We've been doing the top hundred movies of the twenty first century according to the New York Times all week. They finally dropped the final twenty and we will get into that coming up here at five point thirty. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: And now it's time for Bass Weekday Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun Tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world. This went down yesterday during our show, but there was any like really good details about it, so we went ahead and passed and said, let's do a full report on Friday when we know what the hell's going on out there. NASA has confirmed that the big daytime fireball that was seen across the southeastern United States yesterday was in fact a meteor. Get this, this is what's crazy. So his first scene forty eight miles above Oxford, Georgia, you know, and then they saw it again twenty seven miles above West Forest, Georgia, and that's kind of the last like time you could see it, and then of course it like it ended up break breaking off a little bit. It was going at thirty thousand miles per hour. Now it seems fast. It does seem fast. NASA says the explosion released energy equivalent to twenty tons of TNT dynamite.
Speaker 1: Where did it hit some Well, part of it hit someone's house. Oh was it the house in breaking bed?
Speaker 2: No? Well, this is kind of a similar story in a way, because a resident reported that a rock fell through their roof, broke through the ceiling, and then cracked the laminate flooring in their house. So a fragment of the meteor, the metea is disintegrating as it's coming down, goes through the roof and I can't he should call pairs roofing to yeah.
Speaker 1: Jesus, Randy on the phone. I can't remember. Is that what happened in Donnie Darko? Or is it a piece of a plane.
Speaker 2: It's a plane, Donnie Darkok, God, DONNYE. Darko is a great movie.
Speaker 3: That's a it's a movie.
Speaker 2: It's definitely a movie that exist.
Speaker 3: Man, you guys, I haven't seen it in so long, so I can't say it's great or bad.
Speaker 2: Have y'all seen video of this of Donnie Darko? I mean I've seen the whole thing. No, I see it on cable sometimes that I don't watch. No, the fireball. Did you guys see the fire.
Speaker 1: Was it in Donnie Darko?
Speaker 2: No, it was in existence yesterday. And why did you bring up Donnie Darko? Did it hit in Alabama? I think it was seen in Alabama, hit Georgia? Okay, yeah, yep, but anywhere in the southeastern United States? They were like, oh, yeah, we saw it. Which big SEC situation. Where's NASSA on this? Nasalects to come in after the fact? Where are they at? Why were they like, oh, there's a meteor I coming you.
Speaker 1: Should Okay, that's my question. When do we know something is hurling at the Earth? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think they won't tell us unless it I really shouldn't tell us no matter what, because we're gonna overhe act to everything.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't they wouldn't they at least tell like Steven Tyler and Bruce Willis and some of them.
Speaker 4: Try to get them up there to break it up.
Speaker 2: And that's why the word about asteroids when it comes to meteors much smaller, and that it delves into media rightes, which is what this is it's a meteor rite. But a meteor right doesn't fully dissolve. Dude, disintegrate when it's coming down to Earth and it branches out and goes through your ceiling.
Speaker 3: I mean something it would hard for them to track. No one got hurt. No, would someone have gotten hurt if they were in that room when the room.
Speaker 2: If it hit it, Yeah, it's like dropping a penny off the Empire State buility. Hit someone, it might kill him.
Speaker 4: I don't know what they do now. But when Skin and I were growing up, when you had a situation like this, you put a little triangular spaceship in there, that shoot out in space, that shoots little tiny darts and it breaks them all up.
Speaker 1: The problem is that when it breaks the mob, it creates what he's talking about, many mediators. But you take out a house instead of taking out of town. Yeah, but sometimes if you hit hyper space, you have no idea where you're going to. You know what I'm saying. These kids today, they don't understand the problems of hitting the hyper space US.
Speaker 2: I would like to say, as someone whose grandpa owned an asteroids machine, oka, would y'all like me to see if I can acquire.
Speaker 3: That yes, Oh, can we put it in studio?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, maybe I'll make an officers because it's getting time to go clean out the house.
Speaker 5: Probably.
Speaker 1: Not only will I make an offer, I'll also make the classic hemorrhoid asteroid joke, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Or cover up the A and it'd say steroids and that was a fun thing to do as a kid. I would like to challenge our local news. Do you guys mind if I go into crime Dog for a minute? Oh, crime Dog turn So three weeks ago we did the story on this very show up in the city of Savoy, Remember Savoy, Savoy Ala the northeast where they had the black Bear siding. Yep, you guys remember that. But it might have been gone from it. Ben might have still been on vacation. It was.
Speaker 1: It was right after it was in Fannin County. Yeah, and it was right after the storm went through Fanning County and then we had a black bear siding.
Speaker 2: That story was on June seventh. Today is June twenty seventh, So twenty days later. Have you guys heard a peep from anyone about this story since the day we covered it?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: I forgot Fanning County existed.
Speaker 2: Where is Fox four, NBC five, WFA, Channel eight, CBS eleven, CW thirty three. Where are they on this? Why does this city and their local media people refuse to finish a news story? Find the bear?
Speaker 1: Great question?
Speaker 2: Find the bear? And they didn't and that's just upsetting to me.
Speaker 3: That's oh wait, so that bear is still out in Fanning County?
Speaker 2: Who knows? Now? I would like to play a bit of the audio though, just so you guys remember what the guy sounded like to witness here yep stir.
Speaker 1: In what North Tech as Meredith Yelmans discovered, people there.
Speaker 2: Are just as curious as the bear is.
Speaker 5: Did you get to see the bear?
Speaker 2: Forget about it?
Speaker 5: It's great?
Speaker 2: Did you get to see the bear? Again?
Speaker 1: Played against as the bear is?
Speaker 5: Did you get to see the bird?
Speaker 2: The only animal on anyone's hand?
Speaker 5: Did you hear about the beird? He's the black bear that's saundered through town this week? It was exciting, But at the same time, glad I didn't see it.
Speaker 3: Why are we interviewing him?
Speaker 2: Did you hear about it? Because he was one of seven people that lived in Savoy and we have no new information, so we're the only people in town who have brought this it's right, big cause to the air. So use your platform, folks. Go find the bear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, putting the system on trial.
Speaker 2: I like it. Watch Dog Turner all right.
Speaker 4: Coming up next, we got movie news. Here we are on a Friday. Maybe you're gonna catch a flick this weekend. Let's talk about the greatest movies since the year two thousand. We'll do that next