Speaker 1: Sports Page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine.
Speaker 2: In the games, Mike the Bulldog Beyond You Jr. R.
Speaker 1: Bulldog Sports Page brought you by Kaufman and Lynd. Hey, Mike, do we want to throw it to the F one desk from Monza in Italy and handle the motorsports stuff up front and him we'll focus on the college football preview? What do you think? Let's do it. It's from the newly remodeled F one desk. It's Taco Bob previewing the Italian Grand Prix Sunday morning is at nine. What do you got for us there? From Monza, Taco Bob.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of a favorite place over in Tampa called mons as well. But that's Mons Venus, which I believe Max Verse Stapping would be a big fan of. And after last week's you know low so I don't like saying that about him. He's gonna win this week. We're going for Stapping for the win.
Speaker 1: No thoughts on a Ferrari performing there for their fans. I forgot the guy's name, so it's okay, all right? And then NASCAR the final regular season race of the season. Bulldog Darlington Sunday.
Speaker 3: Night and Darlington thirteen to the sixteen drivers are locked into the playoffs. Martin Truex Junior almost certainly gonna get in on points. Then you got guys like Ty Gibbs, Chris Bush or Bubba Wallace trying to fight their way in on points as well. So we'll see what happens. Gonna be exciting. Before we get to UCF's game. In college football, Orlando City hosts Nashville Saturday at the Purple Palace. The Orlando Pride still unbeaten. They host Gotham Sunday, also at the Purple Palace, so hopefully both of those teams can win. UCF. Wow, they had no trouble last night against a very outmanned FCS opponent, New Hampshire. While get going though dog yeah, fifty seven to three day and winning four hundred and fifty four rushing yards, including one hundred and forty two by RJ. Harvey, New Hampshire only mustered one hundred and sixty two yards of off So so New Hampshire runs out on the field all right. So you know what I'm up in the press box, I'm like, is that all the players they have it was like a high school team running out there against You know, U see a little like you have had like forty more players dressed out the New Hampshire did. You're right though, kJ Jefferson. It's his first game, so get you know, you give him a bit of a break, first game, new coach, all of that, But he looks shaky. He looked shaky last night. Guy going a little bit later in the game, but early in the game he threw one pass that should have been picked off. He threw another pass right into New Hampshire's hands that was picked off. So he ended up seven of fourteen, one hundred and sixty four yards, a couple of touchdowns, one pick, ran eleven times for thirty nine yards. But he has a lot of work to do, you know when you see it gets the tougher opponents.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, hey, coach Prime had quite the scare last night.
Speaker 3: Man, I don't know what they were thinking. So it's thirty one to twenty six. All they had to do was run the ball a couple of times with like one forty one left on the clock, and for whatever reason, Shador Sanders, who was fabulous last night, threw for four hundred and forty five yards, four touchdowns. For whatever reason, he decides he's gonna throw the ball down. The field stops the clock, and they get the ball back. North Dakota State gets the ball back with thirty one seconds left and they run a few plays. They threw a hail Mary the guy caught at four yards short of the insigne. Yeah, so they almost cost themselves the game with some bad, bad clock management.
Speaker 2: That would have been great if they I'm sorry, Prime, everybody's so tired of that guy.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, so, I think a lot of people rooting against Colorado, so especially you know who's mostly written against Colorado, the Colorado media corps. Yeah. Anyway, all right, big games this weekend. Miami going up to the Swamp to play Florida. Miami's a two and a half point favorite. Both coaches obviously have losing records after their first two years at the school. Mario Cristiball Billy Napier for whatever reason. Even though Miami has a better roster on paper, cam Ward is considered a much more dynamic quarterback than Graham Merge for whatever reason. I think even Gators are gonna win this game, mainly because it's at the swamp. And secondly, I just don't trust Mario crystiball game day, so we'll see what happens he do he like Lynch.
Speaker 1: I would feel a lot better, and you alluded to it. I'd feel a lot better if this game was in South Florida. I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we'll see what happens. Florida State. They don't play until Monday night. They play Boston College at home. They're favored by sixteen and a half. Other big games on Saturday Georgia at Clemson. I'm sorry, that's in Atlanta. Georgia versus Clemson in Atlanta. Georgia's favored by thirteen and a half seems a little much, but the Dogs are their number one team in the country. So we'll see what happens. But I like Clemson to cover that game. You got Notre Dame at Notre Dame's rank number seven at number twenty Texas A and M Texas at A and M has a new coach, Mike Elko, who was at Duke last year. Then you have number thirteen LSU versus number twenty three USC. I'll tell you what, Lincoln Riley better do something as to coach at USC because he hasn't done much since leaving Oklahoma to go to a Southern cal And I'm not saying he's on the hot seat or anything, but he's been a bit of a disappointment thus far. Other games, the other big game, I guess guess will be number eight Penn State West Virginia. West Virginia is supposed to be pretty good this year, but Penn State should win that game, even though it's in Morgantown.
Speaker 1: We'll have plenty more college football talk a little bit later on when we huddle up with Mark Daniels, the voice of our uc IF nights you had to call last night. He'll join us in the last hour of the show. You know, squeeze in a little golf this weekend, fellas well. The chef is my pick. The chef is winning the final playoff tournament, and so he's probably may win that twenty five million dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, he's winning, your say, Okay, so he's at what ten under?
Speaker 3: I don't have the scores? I got you.
Speaker 2: Well, Shaffley, who I picked, is is right behind him. I forgot when you picked the chef that pat he got to start at ten under. And Shaffley started eight Under You remember this is how the final, the final and fat X goes anyway, So I'm sticking with my pick, and that ober kid was my original pick before I switched on him. Uh, he's gonna do pretty well too, We'll see, all right.
Speaker 1: Mike's the Bulldog Bianchi, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six to ninety game on adjacent Dust each weekday morning, and we appreciate you taking time from your busy show to join us here for the Sports page on JR. Brought to you by Kaufman and Lynd.
Speaker 3: Listen The Under Oath with Attorney Jeff copp and every Saturday morning seven point thirty on FM ninety six to nine the game. You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform Ooho listen Taco on demand, download the iHeartRadio app