Speaker 1: Show time is here. No time to fear.
Speaker 2: Corilla is so near because showtime is here. So on with the show. Let's give it a go.
Speaker 3: Carrilla is the one that you need to know.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: It's show side.
Speaker 4: All right in just sixty seconds. The most fabulous I mean he's really something, the best, most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, bigly. And he's funny, this guy. Have you heard him? Yeah, he's funny and smart, smart and funny, not like those nasty people on lamestream media. So don't go anywhere. He's almost here. I know he doesn't speak well of me, and that's okay because I mean he's really quite fabulous.
Speaker 3: Oh show sigh. Alrighty. It's the one thing that everybody wants and yet none of us can actually get, and our quest for it drives everything we do. Also, Jack in the Box is closing two hundred stores? Why? And what's up with Justin Bieber?
Speaker 1: Uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged. It's the cuel Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 3: It is a crell Cast. I am Carrel, silvery glad you are joining me. Happy Tuesday with my I love my shirt that I made. It says liberty, Egalite and then fraternity, which means liberty, equality and fraternity. I made this during the Olympics and I love this shirt. I should sell them. Would any of you be interested in one of these shirts anyway? So thank you all for joining me. Please leave your comments down below the video, Like and subscribe if you're watching on YouTube, YouTube dot com, forward slash, really Carrell. If you're listening on Apple Music or Spotify or iHeart wherever you're listening, go ahead and share this like it. Let's get those metrics and those numbers up. Okay. So, as you know, I've had a lot of time to think about mortality, life, death, all of that, with all these medical things I've been being tested for and such, and something occurred to me. And it's just as true for Orangina and the administration as it is for you and I, And it explains so much of what we all do and how we all do it and the purpose behind it. And it really explains my medical anxiety and many of your anxieties. And so we're going to talk about it today, and Janet Jackson would be proud. We're also going to talk about Jack and the crackosing two hundred stores. That's a lot of out of work people. And what's up with Justin Bieber? Why does he turned into a whiny little witch on social media? We're going to talk about him, so and let's start with the one thing that's really on my mind. You know, I spend a lot of time on health because of my health anxiety and because I have issues, and I was trying to ascertain the why why do I do it? And what it boils down to is I am trying to in some way control my future, my health. I'm in some way trying to control the way that I die. And while I was sitting in the hotel room alone down in Los Angeles, and as I go for a heart scan later today for my aorta, I've come to a really shocking realization that so many of you probably have realized, but have you really, which is I don't have much control over my health. I can be a vegan, I can exercise, I can take the right supplements and do the right things, but ultimately, my body and nature is going to do what it's going to do. You can only safeguard yourself so much against certain things. You can try to eat right and live right and not get cancer or whatever, and then get cancer. You can you know, you really can't control the medical path that you're going to go down, or paths, and we fight to and we try to, and there's multi billion dollar industry set up around our urge to try and control how we age. There are people right now longevity experts, trying to control how we age. And what we don't want to admit. The hardest thing for a human to admit is that ultimately we are out of control. Now. We strive for it in all aspects of our life. We try to control our children, our partners, we try to control our careers, We try to control almost everything in our lives. And this quest for control is what drives so many people like Orangina. He wants to control the world, I mean literally control it like a dictator. Everything we do in life is pretty much centered around our wont to control. We want to control where we live, we want to control how we live, we want to control how much money we have. We want to control we want to control all of the aspects of our life. Because to admit the contrary that ultimately we don't have control would be devastating, and we might actually then have to learn to let go of control. And that's just something so many people can't do, you know. That's the basis of religion. They want an almighty being to control their destiny. They want rules to follow to control what happens to them after death. Well, if I follow these rules, then after death I get this. So they want to control their destiny, their future. So control is a huge human issue, and it's one that drives us to do many, many things. Much of the money you spend is you trying to be in control of certain aspects of your life. Women wear makeup because they want to control their appearance. They want to control how they look to the world. Cosmetic surgery. We want to control how we look to the world. If you think about it, so much of our society is set up around our urge to control those aspects of society. We try to control others. White people try to control Black people, try to control women, you know, try to control gays, say who can and who cannot get married, who can and who cannot have abortions. That's just white men trying to control women. It has nothing to do with the babies. Nothing to do with it. It's all about control. I spoke of the Pope yesterday. You know, that's all about control, telling the church what it can and cannot do. And so when I thought about this, I realized the free person, the person who is truly enlightened, the person who is happiest, is the person who can truly relinquish the need for control, the person who can let go. Now, I'm not saying you don't try to steer your boat. That's not what I'm saying. Every boat needs a captain, every boat needs someone steering it. I am not saying you should just be out of control and you know, go at that. No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that our quest look at politics, all that is is about control anymore. It's not about helping people. It's not about policies that work. It's about who controls the House, who controls the Senate, who controls the ability to legislate, who controls the presidency. It's not about you or I. It's about control over you and I. They want to control us. They want to control gay people through legislation. They want to control women through legislation. They want to control the economy, they want to control the world, and what they failed to realize is they can't. They can't. So we try to focus on things in our lives that we can control. Some people they're a holes at work because that's what they can control. You know, they can control you know what I'm saying. They can control the area of their work. You know, they can control it. Someone's trying to reach me and I'm sorry for them, So they can control it. So that's why some people become control freak because there's so much part of our life that we can't control. We go overboard in the other areas of things we can't balance there in thetique. And I know it's that age old thing, you know, change what you can and have the wisdom to know the difference, but we don't learn that. We all want as much control as possible. Want to support the Correll Cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the Really Correl channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll, that's kr el and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 1: If you're not visiting really Corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrel dot com.
Speaker 3: Boy, this topic really touches me because, like I try to control Ember and her health. You know, like she goes to the doctor tomorrow because I found another little lump on her chest? Is it Alai Palmer is a cancer? You know? And I'm trying to control and make it so she lives fifteen seventeen. But ultimately I have no control over that. Her body is gonna do what it does, and she's going to be ten in November. She's slowing down. So maybe I'm just interpreting the slow down as a sickness. Now, I'm not saying that ten year old dogs shouldn't have energy and fun. I'm just saying that, you know, there's going to be changes as she ages, and I'm gonna have to learn to accept those. I can't control them. You know, yesterday I told Steve, or Sunday I told Steve, wouldn't it be great to be a dog. They don't worry about money, and they don't think about their mortality. They don't think about when they're going to die or how more importantly, they don't try to control it. They just live their lives. Wouldn't that be great? So I've been thinking a lot about control and how we can't control the things that we want control over the most. We can't control when we're going to die. We try. We buckle up our seat belts, we wear the helmets on the motorcycles, we avoid unnecessary risk, We take all the medicines we're supposed to take. We do everything we can to try to slow it down or to change the outcome, but ultimately we can't control it. And that terrifies us. That humans, for the most part, are frightened little beings. That's how we live, think about our lives. We are frightened little We're frightened of each other. We're frightened of people's differences. We're frightened someone might have something better than us. We're frightened someone else might get You know, we are scared little creatures. And part of the reason we are so scared is because we, ultimately, I think, realize so much is out of our control. I can't control what this administration is going to do. And I think Randy Rhodes is right that given the political climate, if you're a control freak, it's not a good time to be on the radio or being doing a podcast because each day ridiculousness comes hurled at us and we want to control it. Many of us want to control the amount of news that we take in. We can't. You can't. You're going to see things that you don't want to see. You're going to hear stories that you don't want to hear. It's just the way it is nowadays. You care. Unless you unplug everything, you can't control it. And I know it's an odd topic to be doing a show on, but I really want you to think about in life, how much of your life is spent trying to control the uncontrollable. You know, we we can't control each other. We try so hard to control each other. We make laws, don't do this, don't do that, don't do this, don't say that, don't go here, don't go there, and yet people do all of those things. You know. I was watching one of my cop shows, it's called FBI Untold or whatever, FBI True Story or whatever, and there was this big ring in Florida of you know, corruption, drug dealers who were buying off lawyers and buying off judges, and they were literally paying off jurors. And the cop was like, we have to go after these people to show people that this kind of corruption cannot exist, and I thought, but it does. And the FBI spends so much of their time trying like drugs, that's the most one of the most few battles that we fight is trying to control drugs, because you can't if there is a market for drugs, and there is someone is going to fill that market. The only way to control drug abuse is to take away the demand, and we won't. We know that happy rats don't medicate. There was a test they have these rats, and happy rats don't medicate, they don't take drugs, And yet we refuse to make a world where everyone is happy enough to not want to turn to meth or fentanyl or whatever the drug djure is. And there are multi billion dollar economies set up in providing people those drugs and fighting that trying to control that. It's so useless we waste. So you know, if Doge wants to cut anything legalized drugs, rugs and cut all the agencies and all the financing going into punishing people that sell drugs or use drugs, just legalize them, all of them, every one of them. Stop trying to control them, just make them legal let people get as high as they want control their behavior. If you get high, you can't, you know, drive a plane or be a you know, captain on a train or whatever it might be. You know, an engineer can't drive your car. We're terrified, and so in our terror. We try to control that terror by controlling our situation. But we're all afraid of the same things, being alone, dying, being unhealthy, disease, being irrelevant, not being heard or seen, not being accepted. There's so much fear in being human, and the one thing that we try to control is fear, and it's in everything we do. We vote to try to control what happens to our lives and our cities and our states and our countries, but it doesn't really work out because ultimately it's the billionaires that control the government. So I'm going to work on myself letting go of the desire to control so much because I realize it ain't working. It's not working for me. We try to control our careers. I wanted to be a singer, actor, and stage performer and author. That's what I wanted to do. I never wanted to be a podcaster or a talk show host, but I couldn't control it. That's where the job appeared, that's where the money was. I was good at it. That's the way that I ended up going. Now, if I could have controlled that, I would have gotten a gig in a movie or on a TV show or whatever. But I could I had no control who cast me and who didn't. You know, KFI gave me a job, they cast me. Other places didn't. So I think if we look at control as one of the motivating factors for everything we do, we can then think of everything we do differently. Truly, with healthcare, we're trying to control being sick or dying. You can't can't. You can only do so much, and then it's really up to you, your body to nature. You know, it's you can't control how long you're going to live. You just can't. So I thought a lot about control. I did. All right, let's talk about I hope that you think about it now too, and maybe see areas of your life where letting go of some of the control might actually help you emotionally. I help you do an inventory and find areas in your life where you're so tightly trying to control something that is really uncontrollable and let it go. Drug addicts, we tried, Like I tried to control Daniel Charleston. He died a year ago today. I tried to control his drug use. I tried to do everything I could. Same with my mother's smoking. I tried to control it. You can't. They have to rein it in and get control over it. Many of you that love drug addicts, you do everything you can and then one day you realize you're exhausted by it. You just gotta stop. So I'm reaching that point medically, I'm I'm suddenly I don't really care how I really don't. It's just been beating me up when we come back back in the box of closing two hundred stores, and Justin Bieber is whiny, whiny, whiny? What about? Where the top all about? Right here on the Correll Cast like subscrive, hit the button, share, do it all? Share? Hey Carrel here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Correl Cast, then please go to Patreon dot com. Forward slash Really Corel. That's Patreon dot com Forward Slash Really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com Forward Slash Really Correl.
Speaker 5: There's so much great.
Speaker 3: Free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram.
Speaker 5: And don't forget the website that's.
Speaker 3: Had it all all along, Really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube tube, and support the show through Patreon at Patreon dot com.
Speaker 5: Forward slash Really Corral. Thanks for almost.
Speaker 3: Thirty years of support for the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog.
Speaker 5: And let's keep the party going as long as we can.
Speaker 3: All right, Canada voted yesterday. We're gonna get those results today. Also in Canada, that horrible suv driving through the Filipino festival killing eleven people. I don't know why people do that. See again, we try to control people like this, We try to put up barriers and blockades, but ultimately they get through. I'm not saying we should relinquish control to the terrorist. I'm just saying that, ultimately, if someone wants to do harm, they're gonna find a way. It's very very sad, looking like Canada went liberal though, so that's fabulous. Jack in the Box is announced their closing two hundred stores to San Diego based company, which I haven't eaten at fast food in a decade, but people do. I hear. They're hugely priced, small portions, and most of the food is bad for you. So at first, I was like, you know, Jack in the Box should just go away. It would be a good thing for society. All fast foods should go away. It'd be a good thing for society. But people do need quick food sometimes. You know, you're hungry and you don't have time. So so if I were in charge of Jack in the Box, I would make them the healthiest fast food chain with the most affordable prices around. I'd make them plant forward, where half the diet was plant based. Look plant based chicken patties. And by the way, eating chicken at least twice a week increases your risk of mortality by forty percent. New research plant based chicken patties by impossible or other companies Winco. Even they're delicious and you can't tell the difference, You just can't delicious. I would make Jack in the Box health forward, lots of fruits, lots of vegetables, lots of plant based items, and yes, fast food salads can be fast burgers, plant based burgers, impossible burgers, boca burgers, meaty, the myocilium mushroom burgers. As soon as people got over the fact that they were plant based, they'd love them because they're delicious. So if I were running Jack in the Box, I would make it the most health conscious and most affordable of all the fast food chains. And I would make that our marketing. We won't serve it if it's not good for you, because what's not good for you is not good for us. We know red meat is bad for the planet. We know that it's not sustainable, it gives you colon cancer. We know you shouldn't be eating it at all. All the reports are already out on that you should not be eating red meat, eat at all at all. I wouldn't serve it at Jack in the Box, then serve chicken fish and plant forward alternatives. You know it's not hard to make change you just have to make it. And if they're already failing because they're too expensive and their portions are too small and their food is bad for you, and I don't think they ever take that into consideration as to why fast food is failing, because nowadays people actually understand that that food is bad for you. I would air fry all the fries. No more deep fat frying. Oh yeah, I'd make a million changes, and if it worked, it worked, and if it didn't, it didn't. But I would make Jack in the Box the most healthy and most affordable of all the chains out there, and I bet it would succeed. We'll never know. They're all going to close sooner or later. The economy's tanking. I hear you'll at Jack in the Box it's fifteen dollars if you go for a burger, fries and a beverage, which none of which you should be eating. But I hear that's between ten and fifteen dollars. Why pay that? That's dumb. Speaking of dumb, I've made a comment on a story at the New York Times or somewhere about Justin Bieber, and that my comment has gotten tons of comments. So Justin Bieber has been screaming about the paparazzi chasing him. He's just over it. He doesn't want them outside his front door of his house. He doesn't want to be followed everywhere. He doesn't want to be photographed everywhere. And you know what I say to Justin Bieber, then become a frickin' banker, become a lawyer. You know. Whiny pop stars that whine about the problems of their fame really pissed me off more than anything. Now streisand she just didn't go out for she's eighty two now right nineteen forty two, she's eighty three. She just turned to April twenty fourth was her birthday. She just turned eighty three. For most of her life, she has stayed home or stayed in an area where being her wouldn't beer shaking, like Malibu. She hasn't gone out to events and such because of how they would treat her. She didn't complain about it. She's dealt with it. The notion that if you're a celebrity and you don't like the paparazzi following you, and are they dangerous? Yes? And should there be more rules? Of course there should be, you know, there should be sectioned off areas. They shouldn't be allowed to gather in front of someone's private home. If they just shouldn't happen. So should they have some rules. Of course they should. But the notion that you're going to be so famous and be upset with the attention, you signed up for it. And I hate these artists that say, no, I signed up to share my music, or am I acting I didn't want that? Well, then you could have done it in community theater. Honey. You know, no one told Justin Bieber to become a million selling artist. He could have sang in little nightclubs in Canada. He wanted the acclaim, he wanted the fame, and now he doesn't like the cost. Well, boo freakin' who you are a millionaire. Move to the top of a freaking mountain. Move behind a gate where you never have to leave. You know what, Oh, I shouldn't have to. Well, you chose this life. It's like a doctor saying they're tired of seeing blood. It's like, you chose this. So celebrities that have really upset me when they get mad at being a celebrity. I just get because I look, I would trade with justin Bieber tomorrow, follow me, follow me to the bathroom. I don't care, honey, Well see me take a pee, go right ahead. I don't care. I really don't, so long as they don't harm me like you know, hurt me. And with Brittany, they were hurting her. They were literally, you know, thronging or hurting her. That. No, they shouldn't be able to accost you. They shouldn't be able to you know, touch you or in any way accost you. But if you're leaving the airport and you've got twenty people around you because you're famous, uh, fly private, that won't happen. I just you know, the whole world is full of people who sign up for things and then get mad at it. But it's like, you signed up for that. That's your gig. You decide bosses who get tired of being the boss, or you know whatever, people who married couples who get tired of being married. It's like, well, you signed up for it. So this notion buyer's remorse where celebrities are concerned, I have no pity, So justin stop whining. You're a whiny little witch. You're always looking MOPy and sad. You dress like a homeless person. Well he has mental health issues, then withdraw from public life and get the help and healing that you need. He's making a new record. If you don't want that life, don't make a new record. Withdraw, go get mental help, live in an ashram, whatever. So he's got to stop being a whiny little witch. He just does. I'm tired of it. You're like, well, don't read it, Krell. It's everywhere on social media? What's wrong with Justin Bieber? Why is Justin Bieber?
Speaker 1: This? Oh?
Speaker 3: Look at Justin Bieber at Coachella. Yeah, he smoked joints and got drunk at Coachella.
Speaker 1: So what.
Speaker 3: The media was making that out? Like, Oh, he's on a mental health spiral. Now it looks like he's just having a good weekend when he's you know, thirty years old or whatever old he is? How old is Justin Bieber? How old is he? Alexa? Is Justin Bieber? He's thirty one? Let him get a let him smoke bob, let him get drunk. What else? All right, we'll be back tomorrow, Wendy.
Speaker 5: I am Corral.
Speaker 3: He's who you want to be. Doesn't hurt anybody? Push me well, on my trip back and forth with Mom, beat with after the NSIA Airway, I'm gonna go to the airport Polo Bees. Just come on co Mom, pap Rocks follow me, take pictures of me schlapping a bag with him. Go ahead, I don't really care.
Speaker 1: It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view.
Speaker 2: Yours listen daily to the corel cast do on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view. Yours listen daily to the corel cast do on your favorite streaming service.