Speaker 1: What's up, everybody. Welcome to Rose Pricks. It's the morning after Bachelor in Paradise. And let me just tell you everything's changed, not with Bachelor in Paradise, just with my life. No, hey, unrelated to the thing, yeah, completely unrelated.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 1: She shouldn't have said it like that. Yeah, well, and weirdly. I don't know if this is ironic the definition of ironic. But in my house, we're all competing for a half a million dollars, So that's that is crazy. Don't even you said that? And I was like, you've got to be kidding, and but she's not. I don't think she's kidding.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding. I don't right, I don't know where the mighty are you coming from.
Speaker 1: I guess God. God's rewarding somebody in our family. God's like, listen, you guys, the five you equally amazing, but now like compete to see who's.
Speaker 2: The most amazing.
Speaker 1: And when I say God, I mean obviously Jesus, Jesus, Yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: I mean like, yes, now I have a big macro note, I have a couple of macrons, my macro note that I just want to just pop up in it. One thing to know about me. If you had to know one thing, you're like, okay, Cecily, one thing to know about you know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes might go like, oh I.
Speaker 1: Like humor, you know, or I lead with this or whatever. No, no, no, no, I don't like that. That's not that's not specific.
Speaker 2: Lead with love. I lead with love.
Speaker 1: The one thing to know about me is that I hate the words chopping block. I cannot I've hated it since reality reality shows like brought us these kinds of competition, like I had to stop watching Top Chef because of it. I absolutely hate it. And here I think for two reasons, I don't like the word. I don't like the way it sounds. Chopping block is really gross. And two, I don't like when people copy each other, like intentional all the things that we see on the Bachelor. They haven't been doing too bad of a time this season, but you know, all the buzzwords, all the things that people do.
Speaker 2: I don't like it when people don't have original thoughts. So now you heard the term chopping block once, and now everybody, I'm on the chopping ball. I don't know I'm on the chopping block. So now that We've turned this motherfucking show into this, this kind of show you got. Brian immediately like, I don't want to he's got he's kind of flemy, and Jeremy's voice is a little flemy.
Speaker 1: And it's very like I'm on a copping block and I hate it, you know.
Speaker 2: That's all I will say this.
Speaker 1: I hadn't thought about that before, but you know how much I'm bugged by you know, I'm just really trying to be intentional right now. Intentional, intentional, intentional, I hate all that, but I definitely do not like what this new twist has brought. No, absolutely totally changed the show, and for the worst in my opinion. Now listen, at first, I even said this to you because we knew what the twist was going to because they talked about it in the Coming Attractions, and I was like, you know what, maybe they do need coming the coming up. Well that works, I know, I mean, yeah, it's the same thing. I don't know, it just makes me think of like movie movie. Yeah, anyway, I thought maybe the show needed something like that, But now that it's upon us, I'm like, no, no, absolutely so not stupid. It's not the show You've ruined me, ruined it. And you know, I've been an apologist for the show all season. I come in every time a little hot probably for you of going like, I don't know what it is, but I love it. I love every second of it. I'm enjoying every I'm looking forward to it. And I meant that I have really liked this. I've liked it until now because so now you took a thing and you fucked it up. You turned it into a different thing, which I guess as Jesse said, that was what bachelor pad or was.
Speaker 2: That what it's called bachelor pad? That did it used to do a mind guest. I don't think I ever watched it.
Speaker 1: You definitely watched it. I definitely watched it, but I didn't remember that. But it must have done that. But here's the thing. I think that one of the reasons why you really like it and I liked it, liked it and I and I agree with you on this point. I think one of the things that you liked was that they do a lot of sort of a relationship. You can kind of see what kind of people they are, like they kind of you could kind of analyze, like their their styles, their you know relationship styles there, this person's got a little avoidant. But once they added this, you can't even do that anymore because it's just now it's all fake. That's none of it, none of it, but it matters. It's they're just all doing something for the camera. It's so dumb, and we have to hear chopping block a lot, and that's one of the reasons I liked it a lot more than Love is Blind, which I know I'm one hundred percent in the minority on that, but Love is Blind it's just people with notebooks telling people what they want to hear. None of it feels. I love the premise of not seeing someone until you see the seeing if there's chemistry later, but all all the bullshit buzzwords you get that in Love is Blind with no interaction for a long time, for episode upon hours and hours of just like yeah, I'm just really intentional, me too, like ew, it's just as bad. It's just kind of a slightly cooler premise that you know, maybe they won't like each other, right, but you.
Speaker 2: Know what we do.
Speaker 1: Like if I'm please tell us, I, well, I love we both love via gummies. I'm just gonna just tell you guys that right now. It's my favorite that we've ever done, that we've ever worked with. High ingredients. I use the ones with a slight amount of THHC. I mean I have to do very low amount, and they get high ingredients, the high high ingredients, high quality ingredients. They also have ones that are just CBD, which stuff uses for sleep and swears by.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, John, is this gummy more than any other gummy we've tried. And he's tried a bunch of them, so h yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you're twenty one or over, check out the link to Vya in our description and use the code rose Pricks to receive fifteen percent off re shipping on orders over one hundred dollars. And if you're new to Viya, get a free gift of your choice. After you purchase, they'll ask you where you heard about them. Please support our show and tell them we sent you. Enhance your every day with Viya. Okay, you guys, let's get in. Do you have any other macros? Big old overriding that's realiant notes, just that I don't like the change and I don't like the word block.
Speaker 2: I hate it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is a if this is a macro or if this is a micro or if this is just something to We'll get to completely a lot later.
Speaker 2: But god, I hate Jeremy. Oh my god. Yeah, no, And I cannot believe.
Speaker 1: First of all, when I look at Reddit, some of these reddit people are like, yeah, I hated Jeremy from as soon as we saw him on Gen season. That's not true. And if you say that, you're wrong and a little bit anti Semitics. We had him, don't forget.
Speaker 2: We liked him.
Speaker 1: We thought he was kind of cute. We thought he was the only one that was kind of funny. He fooled us. We were excited for him having like a nice Jewish mom. We thought there was a little representation. Now I'm kind of embarrassed, but it's nothing about that. We thought he was kind of cute. He reminded me of like frat guys I knew in college. But then he was still kind of Remember, we didn't totally like him because he sweat a lot. I remember making fun of Jeremy a lot. Liked him because he was he was kind of nerdy in a cute way, we thought, But it was a lie. It was a toime why that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It was complete lie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am all our faces, but Brian is worse. Let's let's get into let's get into the deats of it. I mean, because I want to start with Gary because he's the ladies man that everyone loves, and I'm gonna push I'm gonna say push all of y'all away. You're gonna get so mad. But I'm finding him very inauthentic and not intentional. My god, agree, you're not going to get pushed back from me. I've been saying that and it was the worst in this episode. Oh my god, he's a horrible Yeah, all right, well he's I mean, he's he's out to lunch, like he's out to lunch. And I don't understand why, I mean, what they have done these women dirty by not having enough appropriate guys like great guy.
Speaker 2: This show does not like Captain Kim. I don't know that it does.
Speaker 1: And when Captain Kim is the hero we didn't know we needed and he's gonna like setle make out with but I'm like, well, that is a switch. That's a switch that Captain Kim is now the hottest guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are the mentioned men, the mighty, mighty mentioned man like now he's our hottie.
Speaker 1: The funny thing about him is that it's for the for the best for him, he's completely unaware of like how he kind of comes across. So I think he genuinely believes. I think he got gassed up so much in the Navy that he just carries around this confidence, this this non quiet comp this loud confidence of just like, yeah, I mean, if I set my sights on this person, they're going to be into it. You know, I've just got my pick. And meanwhile, nobody is into him. But he's sort of forced his way into faith and now she's but she's now come around, which just reinforces to him that he's amazing like and that he's going to continue to write poetry and write songs.
Speaker 2: I'm going to push back. I'm going to push back, push back. I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: I don't think Captain I think he's very humble. Actually he's got he's very Captain Lee. He looks exactly like Captain Lee from below deck. They talk, they have the same voice, same white beard, very similar vibe. So yeah, there's a little bit of like a military like I've got all this under control. But in a way it's kind of refreshing because it's like, yeah, he has no I don't think he has a big ego at all. I don't think he thinks he's amazing. I think he's just doing CAP. He's just doing cat, doing cap, capping on doing cap. That's the title of our episode. I think because I like Captain Lee so much, I'm transferring my feelings of Captain Lee on to Captain Kim. But I would love to see Captain Lee and Captain Kim together, and I bet you could. You will never see him together because they're the same person. I think, that's what I think. But I give you this faith didn't seem to really like him at first. Yeah, and that's maybe changed because of the money. You're right, so everybody's fucking around. April is laying on whose lap and saying oh to Gary's and saying blow me. That made me extremely uncomfortable. I'm sure you loved it that happened. No, why did it make you uncomfortable? April makes me uncomfortable. I'm gonna say it. She as a human being makes me uncon She's too it's too much and and it's not because she's older at all. She's like closer to our age than like we are to the youngins, the twenty somethings. But it's that like if I had, if I have any friend that's hyper sexual like that, it's like it's like the equivalent of hanging out with like Steve Carell from the office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like, that's not or like Ricky Gervaise, it's not what your mom said last night.
Speaker 2: It's just a lot.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine, just the constant like, Okay, I'm not gonna I got the joke, April. I'm not gonna blow you though, thank you. I don't need you to blow me. Thank you so much. No, it's funny. No, don't cry. It's not because you're old. No, it's not because Frankie Valley. No, I bet we can get him on the line. We can get him here.
Speaker 2: What if that's who they bring in is Franky Valley next week?
Speaker 1: I mean, did we decide is he still alive?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I know, we got to look back. I got to look that up. I'll look it up. You keep going, And well, I.
Speaker 1: Was just going to say that, speaking of Frankie Valley. Uh, Frankie Valley, Frankie Valley, American singer seems to he's ninety one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's alive. Here here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, they have to bring him in because that like jumped to the end.
Speaker 2: Let's just jump to the end. We don't have to do this today.
Speaker 1: They are going to bring in like other I'm just joking, but they're going to bring in all the people that that people still have lingering feelings, right obviously, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. What if it's Frankie val Yes, yes, would be amazed.
Speaker 1: And then she and like she's torn because they're like, oh, you know, I wrote she kind of groomed me and it wasn't great. I was pretty young when I was just like on his and they're like, doesn't matter, you're not young.
Speaker 2: Now let's go.
Speaker 1: I think she'd be wouldn't you ask the producers of this show to do that?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a show. That's that's a show because.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even April, Like she wasn't saying she was describing what happened, but was she was she saying it was like, wasn't she kind of still defending you know. That's That's the whole thing that we discussed at length during that season, during that first season was that she wrote a whole book about it, like but like praising him. I don't think she feels like she was groomed. I think we knowing what we understand about, you know, sexual abuse, it's like pretty obvious that he fucked her up. Oh this is why I kind of feel bad because I think, you know, he probably rewired her brain somehow. Listen to this. This is a reminder from somewhere. Read it, maybe on it says, uh, somebody read her book. You know what we're talking about that. I don't even know where to begin. The fact that he knew her since she was six, but he didn't like do anything at six, but he knew her.
Speaker 2: Same as same as Frank Sinatra and Mia Farrow.
Speaker 1: I'd like to remind everybody he held there's a picture of Frank Sinatra holding me a pharaoh as a baby.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And they looked forever starting sexual but starting a sexual relationship with her ten years later when she was I guess sixteen, yeah, sixteen. The sixteen of it all is pretty fucking crazy. And someone read old artists got involved with minors. It's so gross. It makes me worry that too many men are secretly into kids. Although it's sixteen, you're not a kid. But it's too young. It's too young. I mean, you are a kid, speaking as somebody who has two seventeen year olds.
Speaker 2: They're kids.
Speaker 1: Well, you're not legal, I'll tell you that, that's for sure. You're under eighteen, you're not. It's not acceptable either way. But it's not like it's not like pre pubescent. We've talked about the difference there. It's not the same thing, but it's still fucked up because he had all that power, and she was really young.
Speaker 2: Exactly how old do we think? How old do we think that she is?
Speaker 1: Now she's in our sixty six, So he was let's.
Speaker 2: Say thirty years older, so she sixteen, and he's like it was old.
Speaker 1: But then the problem is that she then followed him around and basically cut once he was done with her. You know, she probably once she you know, was too old for him. Then he tried to blow her off and she was like, I'm not going to be ignored. I'm not going to be ignored.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 1: You know, there was like then she got kind of obsessive about it, and then he started having restraining orders and the whole thing is so ugly, but you know, he it's his fault. He caused this. And now we're having to be put in the Mother show where we're watching this show and going, oh my god, she's so sexually inappropriate and yeah, like I think so he was like forty trying to date. You know that again, also like Woody Allen soon ye vibes, I mean like or not even sun Ye, like Uriel Hemingway, he was in his forties and she was seventeen. Like, what's happened? What you guys thought you were here for? Like not a long time, a good time, not a long time whatever. The kids are all saying constantly, it's going to be neither neither here. You're not going to get a long time. I'm going to bail pretty soon. So we start out with a little recap of what's been going on, and Nancy is worried she's not going to get a rose from Gary because Gary went on a date with Leslie, right so, which, like you know, it didn't mean anything. But in the recap it's like the writers are like, oh, you guys, are all fooled because of their date.
Speaker 2: You think he's going to pick Nancy. Were you worried he was going to pick Nancy.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about it. I have still not thought about it. And yes, and Captain you know, he said he hasn't had enough time. I mean, we don't really care or understand their relationships. I was surprised that Captain Kim, when we get to that, like, chose faith over Nancy.
Speaker 2: I was a little shocked by that. Know what's going on behind the scenes, But.
Speaker 1: When he's talking, he pulls Nancy and he's talking to her, and he's so red, like a little tiny devil. Not that he's a devil at all, but he just looked like a little like he looked like a costume of a devil. Yeah, you know, he just kept getting better. But they did have a very nice conversation about their spouses passing away.
Speaker 2: He was I liked what he said.
Speaker 1: I teared up a little on that where he said she was so kind at the end, and she said she had too much joy in her life to end it being sad, and then they both cried.
Speaker 2: Both Nancy.
Speaker 1: Nancy's lovely. I think Captain Kim is lovely. That was before that he maybe not that lovely is we we have this no, we have this two camera with Gary and he's like and he goes like this, I just took it exactly. Well, Big Gary has some decisions to make. I do not like anyone referring to themselves in the third person. He's not trying to be funny, yeah, big g it said under the Yeah, he's not trying to be He's a lot. He's like constantly high, like he has a rain that just is high. It seems he's not high.
Speaker 2: So basic too, he's so he's so boring to me. I don't get him at all. I don't get him.
Speaker 1: Has edge, But then they show her she's so desperate with him. She's just like, Gary, if you talk to me, I could fall asleep to your voice. We all could, Kat, and they deserve it. And then yeah, so then April is like laying against Gary's chest, right yeah, yeah, yeah. And then they have Gary again talking to camera and they his chiron is pimpin.
Speaker 2: Ain't easy.
Speaker 1: I mean, now all right, let's skip over to Kat and what's his face? Because Kat, Kat has the I keep writing, Drew, but it's Dale, which is really funny. I wrote Drew this entire time, every single note that was Dale. I just wrote Drew. That's how like not invested I am and Drew Dale at all. But Kat says, She's like, isn't.
Speaker 2: It kind of cool that I've only kissed you? I kind of like that. I like that. He's like, yeah, yeah, I like that, and he's like, yeah, I kissed a lot of I only gave you the Rosebook like I kissed some people. She's like, I like that too. I like that for you. I like that we're how steady we are.
Speaker 1: And then Dale goes, yeah, unfortunately, the one thing I'm missing from you, you're kind of holding back, you know, things, things are important about you. And then Dale says instead of just going like hey, let's talk about some of that stuff now, he goes, what's your biggest restriction on that? Like, what's your biggest restriction telling me stuff about your restrictions?
Speaker 2: Like are you I thought he's going to go a different way.
Speaker 1: I thought he's going to be like you said that you because she he says to her, like you said you'd open it, you said you'd do something you didn't do, like he means open up. But I thought it was like like butt stuff. You said from the beginning you would do butt stuff. Yeah, now you haven't done. Now what's your restriction on butt stuff? But why why no? And then it comes because he's like, because we have Aisha is just right over there like watching us talk, and Alicia made it real clear to me that she's up for butt stuff, like totally up for butt stuff. So I don't know, I am not liking Alicia either, right, Okay, I don't know. Yeah, no, she's no great, she's no great, not no good, She's no great, no great, no great. And then so Kat is like, yeah, well I spent my life hiding. I think that's why your comments struck such a nerve with me. Then they do a flashback again because we have no like these people have had no new conversations. So we go back to him saying we have different upbringings, and then he goes he goes, hey, hey, you, there's nothing you could tell me that would make me judge you. And then the editors show him in an interview going yeah, there's another girl here, Alicia who's like ready to do butt stuff. But like I know, Kat wants to be here, but you know what got to get uncomfortable. My god, God, I was I was so bored by that conversation. I was so I just wrote boring blah vocal fry. So then Alicia is at the bar with Jonathan, that's right, trying to make a freaking move on her.
Speaker 2: I really don't like Jonathan anymore at all.
Speaker 1: I know he's I am torn about him because he's he's He's definitely not.
Speaker 2: The worst, He's not great.
Speaker 1: But he just leads people on either he's gay, which is totally fine, but like or he has real avoidant stuff, so he does he cannot like anybody who actually likes him, and he goes so hard for the girls that are coupled up. That's all he's done is pushback a little on Jonathan as well, because I think if you're if you're thrown into a group of people, you're not automatically gonna like any of them. And you you know, like he's trying to play the game a little bit, but he's just not into these women. He's the right however that are with people, Well that might be true, but look at look at who. Let me just say, like Jill was definitely never going to be an option. Leah is not great. He sees what we do you.
Speaker 2: Think he missed low.
Speaker 1: I know that Jill reads a lot of stuff into stuff, but now that we're seeing how he's been with Leah, I do think it's Jonathan. I think Jonathan is saying maybe maybe not two camera, but I think he's telling these girls he's into them. He just wants to stay right. Well, then we have our rose ceremony. No I said it like that. Liduson who startase Carisa, by the way, at this point, is like, I'm not sure I'm going to get a rose because Brian's been acting so weird. But he does offer her a rose. I hate him so much, and he's like, you're a blessing. You're a blessing. You're more of a blessing than botox. And then they make out and.
Speaker 2: She's like yay. He gets seventy four units.
Speaker 1: He later says, I'm learning about units because I haven't done it yet, and I've been told him to just need fifteen in my forehead, just fifteen in my eleven. He says, he gets seventy four units. That's a lot of botox. A lot of botox. He does it all over his face. Yeah, that's weird though he's so young, Okay, Andrew, they get Alex a rose and he tries to do any French but he fails. Then Jeremy blah blah blah, all the couples. Then Dale gives his rose to Cat of course, then Sean and Sean, he tells us that he just loves He tells the cam he's like, I love waking up to Cat and seeing her beautiful face. No, not Cat, Alicia. Alicia, hmm, it's so easy. We love seeing her beautiful face every day. And then he gives her, offers her the rose, and then she tells the camera, Yeah, if Dale had offered me the rose, I would have been so happy. Oh my god, I would totally do but stuff with him, like the works but whatever too, Like poor Cat, what did Cat ever do to you? Dale's not even that gir. I mean, I know Cat's not perfect, but yeah, I was really cringing. I just wrote both Alicia and Sean suck.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's something else. I know this could have been a macro, but this made me insane during this whole time, and it really started speeding up at this moment, Jonathan right, he comes up there and they start playing this like fake White Lotus music. You can't Okay, this comes back to chopping black. I'm gonna lose my fucking mind. You can't just steal shit, Okay? Can I go on a little bit of a rant, like a quick You can't. People work really hard to create art, right, you can't just steal their stand up jokes. You can't just like watch White Lotus and then go do something like that, because they were totally doing it, even with the animal sounds and everything. It was like, I mean, they were totally doing White Lotus. And they can do that if it's if it's far enough away, if they can prove that it's not exactly the same, which I'm sure they can. I'm sure it has to be like two notes different.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that make you so many? It makes me mad.
Speaker 1: If I'm reading a comment on let's say Instagram under the comment section and someone's like, you might as well wear those shoes on bars. Let's say someone will say that like there, and then the next comment a different person says the same thing that. I don't know why that happens. I don't know if it's a bot problem. It might be a bot problem, but it's just somebody. It might be bots. Okay, that just occurred to me so because I always thought I was like you, so you just read that and wrote the exact same thing right after it. Yeah, that's crazy, that's what it reminds me of. And I was really mad. I'm like, don't try to be don't you dare, don't you dare even say white Lotus on this show like you have You're not You're not even cluk, there's no you're not in the same earth.
Speaker 2: Get out exactly. I'm so sorry. That really made me mad. So he chooses Leah and nobody cares and it's like oohoo, White Lotus.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, So I didn't then Keith Kathy, I just wrote why why Keith?
Speaker 2: Well, Keith is.
Speaker 1: Just trying to stay there for whatever reason, because he even says they're just friends. Because remember when Keith tried to make that like April and he was like, yeah, by the way, Kathy and I are like just friends, right, So they're obviously there for strategy, and I'm not sure what that strategy is because I mean, I guess they're going to try to win the money. But do you think it's possible that they knew that there was a money thing. I don't think it's possible they knew ahead of time. I'm not sure. I don't think so. I feel like the reaction when when we find out the twist, I feel like the reaction would be bigger, which we're almost at, but everybody's pretty much like, oh, cool, Well yeah, I don't really yeah. I think they're just old and tired, to be honest. But that then Captain Lee, this was a bit of a surprise. I thought it was going to be Nancy, but he chooses Faith, which I ended up liking Faith. Not that I didn't like, like who doesn't like her? But she never really did it for me, but I was liking her this time. This was kind of true. He does say some stuff that's like pretty sweet. He says he says, Costa Rica is a long way to go to give someone a rose from Washington because they're both from Washington.
Speaker 2: That was really cute.
Speaker 1: And then shockingly, Nancy doesn't get picked because Gary's up next and he chooses Leslie, which I was happy about because we love Leslie, but we also love Nancy. I love Nancy. I think she's amazing. I would totally hook up with her. And I don't even like women. I mean I like them, I'm just not sexually attracted to them the way Stephanie is.
Speaker 2: But the thing as though that's like a slam.
Speaker 1: But I mean Nancy to be that hot, that beautiful Anne pulled together and everything like she didn't Wow, that just tells you, well.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're kind of being strategic.
Speaker 1: I don't think and Leslie they have a friendship Gary. I think Nancy might be she might read a little cold. Maybe yeah, so, and then Natasha has to leave, and then April doesn't get picked.
Speaker 2: Yeah that it was fine. It was time for eight months ago.
Speaker 1: Although I loved what she said, I believe she was like I came here for love, I got all the love or something like that. She gave a really cute out. We wish her well. I do think she you know, maybe some people are just more sexual than others. I've come around on her some me out. I know some people like her a little bit. I think she was very damaged as a kid, and I think she spent.
Speaker 2: Her life like.
Speaker 1: Being this like hyper sexual, like I need attention so much and it makes me feel kind of bad. I don't know that it can all be said based on that, but whatever it is, that's who she is, and she is out now.
Speaker 2: She'll find love. She just I don't know. I wouldn't trust her.
Speaker 1: She'd be the kind of person that, like, she still had a boyfriend, Yeah, if she could.
Speaker 2: She probably used to be able to do that. And I think, oh, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm one hundred percent sure she stole some husbands. I don't think steal, but she would sleep with you know, yeah, you don't think steel because you don't think like seducing somebody's husband and then then getting them to fall in love with you and marry you and then break up and like have a really nasty divorce and end up with you. Probably not. I get a little Alex Forrester. I'm using the character name instead of Glenn Close. I was really trying to go but I'm getting a little of that vibe, and that's fine. That's fine for her. Natasha was funny when she left those She's like whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she goes, well, I got some tools. I don't really know it. I like me buy that, but okay, so now now I like to us time.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's funny because we're like halfway through, well more than halfway through this episode. But it's time for Jesse to tell us, guys, no more new arrivals. Okay now from now on, even though a lot of you are just friends or constantly fighting, everything is a relationship test. So did the did the producers think that these couples would be further along, like would like each other more. Maybe it's like one couple that likes each other at this point.
Speaker 2: That's a very good point.
Speaker 1: Also, I want to note, I want to note a technical problem in this point, which I'm sure you noticed.
Speaker 2: He was telling all.
Speaker 1: Jesse was saying all this stuff, but obviously they had to do like retakes for the sound and so the vo of him some like sometimes they'd switch straight to the view and it would sound like this. You'd be like, I'll right, everybody, he laps, you know, it's like the time has come new arrivals. Then it cuts away from him and it's just the view and he's like, these new arrivals are blant to be or no whatever.
Speaker 2: It is, like, there's going to be no new arrivals. But the game has changed.
Speaker 1: Then a totally different voice going back to him, that's just bad, that's just bad looping or whatever, like it's just bad, it's just bad editing. And so we find out that they can make up to half a million dollars. Everybody kind of collapsed, Like you said, nobody really cares, right, So Jesse goes, hey, guys, here's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Everybody, good night, Go sleep on it. Here's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Good night. We'll find out more later when I like it, because I don't feel like it right now. And I have a note to ask you if you're getting a lot of commercials for these new game shows.
Speaker 2: Yes, Martin shortt.
Speaker 1: Family Feud, Password Match Game enough, Like all were there like celebrities, and it's like Anna Gasteire is not really a celebrity anymore, is she? Thomas Lennon. I mean, these are all people that I like. But yeah, I noticed that too. Although my friend really loves celebrity Family Feud, And so when I saw her in Dallas, we watch She's like, we watch a couple of episodes with me. I was like, I would be my honor honestly to spend time. I really mean that.
Speaker 2: I love like. If I'm just hanging with a friend, I'd love to watch that. And I loved it. I loved watching it. I don't know why. Maybe it was just like her loving it, but I loved it.
Speaker 1: I even said we were she'd recorded some on Like and I go, oh, no, like, and I go, let's see if it's on who Like.
Speaker 2: We looked.
Speaker 1: I go, let's see if there's some just like on Netflix. And we found out, Oh and.
Speaker 2: Watch three more. Said I don't mind that one.
Speaker 1: It's just I think it's because I was a producer, writer producer on a on an updated version of Match Game, and it's really stupid no match Game and Martin Short deserves better. I know they're all making a shit ton of money. I know Martin Short is Martin Is. I mean, you got you get money doing that, and he's delightful. He just wants to tap dance for you. Yeah, but I mean he could do better. It's a lot of people you've never heard of. They're like, hey, hey, guys, it's the guy from the movie The Interview who played Kim Jong Un.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, first of all, isn't that movie like eight years old?
Speaker 1: Is that not Bobby Lee? Is that not Bobby Lee? I hope that that is not. It was now Bobby Lee. I will say, would thought would think that was funny. He would think that it was funny that I said that, and that I because I genuinely thought it. Wow. I know that he would think that was funny. I don't feel okay, okay, So let's see day eleven. All the guys are working out. Of course, there's the requisite. It's so gross. I hate that Jeremy takes his body so seriously.
Speaker 2: He's work on your face.
Speaker 1: Jeremy right, I'm sorry, I'm not like it's I don't know. I don't get it. I just cannot stand him. I just have a visceral reaction every time his face is on my screen. I understand it's like how I feel. I definitely get I get it. Yeah, it's weirdly rewarded. And I need them to get to the part where somebody tells Bailey about what he's been up to sooner than.
Speaker 2: Later, agree, But they're going to stretch that out forever.
Speaker 1: Now, So let's see Captain Kim and Faith talk and Captain Kim tells us he's like, you know what, guys, I don't care about the money at all, not at all in that one bit. I just want to serve my country and find love. I think he's telling the truth. I think he would like the money. I think that's crazy to say he doesn't care about it at all. That's just crazy. But I think he's I think Captain Kim really turned out to be the soul of the show. I agree with you, maybe the maybe kind of the mansion. Maybe he's the mate. I'm gonna say, he's a man, is.
Speaker 2: A mansion man. We are the mansion men. Man the Mighty.
Speaker 1: Find out that Faith got divorced from her husband, but then when he died, she started grieving him. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I said that was sweet what she was saying.
Speaker 1: I totally understood that, and I I liked Faith, And this is this is kind of when I really turned around. I'm like, Okay, there is a person there, because until then we hadn't really seen much from her.
Speaker 2: She was you know, but I must be tough to do that on TV.
Speaker 1: So all right, then we have and everybody's like starting to get into their little couples and ask each other questions because I they and who's a target? That got annoying too, like we might be a target music food? Well, oh, they're trying to learn about each other for the game. But I thought it was what's your favorite I thought it was really funny that Alex and Andrew a talking in one of the questions.
Speaker 2: I think she asked him, or is what's your favorite color?
Speaker 1: And I hope Brian has a full on fucking meltdown during that que asking each other questions.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he did.
Speaker 1: For he was like, stop asking and they show a flashback. So she's pissed off because it's really awkward when they're talking. He's being a dick and they show a flashback from the night before with him her kind of yelling at him like she's like, what's up with you? Why are you being so weird? And he's like, I don't know, Like it's that push pool. They're in a they're in a bad loop now because he's being a dick. She's getting really, like you said, anxious about it and it's making him more of a dick. You can't you can't fix that with questions. She has no way out. She has no way out. The only way out is for her to be manipulative and try to find another guy be like yep, se yeah, but.
Speaker 2: It's too late. He's never gonna be cause the problem is it's too late for that. The couples are the couples. She didn't have to give her rose to him. Well, who she could have given a rose to. Let's say Gary, she.
Speaker 1: Could give it to an old and I guess that would They're just not going to do that because they're already in couples. So but Parice is like Walker, Yeah, like, is everything okay?
Speaker 2: No, Brian asked her. He's like, is everything okay? She's like yeah.
Speaker 1: He goes, is there something you want to talk about? But he's being a dick, like you said, and.
Speaker 2: She's like well.
Speaker 1: Then she tells us that the night before didn't end well, and we get this night vision cam where she's in Yeah, she's sitting on the bench. She's like frustrated. I gave up a month of work to come here, and like, I met you on day one and it was so great, but like, I don't know what's happening between us. Yeah, he's he's so awful and that makes him more of a dick. So now Wells comes in. He has some sort of box, which I didn't really totally write down what that was. And Dale and Kat are talking and he brings everybody the box and it's some kind of game, right, and I loo and oh yeah, oh yeah, poker chips.
Speaker 2: That's what it was. I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I honestly thought I wrote potato chips. And I'm like, was I just hungry?
Speaker 2: No poem?
Speaker 1: And Dale goes, oh, it's poker chips and Kat Kat, I'm sorry, she is so dumb. She's really really dumb. And they do a lot of shots of her face where her mouth is like a little bit open because she's kind of thinking and not understanding what's happening. And she goes, how do you know? And he's like, because there are poker chips and it says you can bet on it. M hmm. She's like, oh, okay, all right. So then they'd explain, you know, a million things over and over. They explained the game. At first, I'm like, I don't even understand, but then I did. I it was, you know, it was, I got it.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, But wasn't it ridiculous? I thought this was a bad editing move. This should have the editor should have written in chiron like don't worry about it, you'll get it when we start playing.
Speaker 2: Yes, that would be funny. That was the time.
Speaker 1: This reminds me of like when you when like people want to play a game and you have to read all the instructions, like unless I already know how to play the game, like I want, I'll play Sorry, I'll play Monopoly. I know, but if you bring out these new games and there's so many rules and I cannot follow them. And this is how my brain felt watching this part of the show. Totally totally and we got exactly what you said. We got it as it went along, but as they're explaining it then there's so much of it. There's and also the big thing is like whoever wins, they get an extra rose to send to the three the bottom.
Speaker 2: I did not. They told us that's so many times and I didn't understand. I was like, wait until until it happens.
Speaker 1: It's like show us, don't tell us, just show us, Yes, just tell us once and show us.
Speaker 2: So Bailey and Jeremy, I we don't have to go through it. I wrote a couple of highlights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well there's was like text, which is.
Speaker 2: The first question.
Speaker 1: How many unread text messages does Bailey have on her phone? Is it higher or lower than eight hundred and fifty? And I just know I was confused by this. I was like, she must mean emails. There's no way she has eight hundred unread text messages, right, Oh my god, that's so funny that you said that, because I thought the same thing. I was like, I've never seen somebody have that many unread texts. The young kid, the young kids, the younger because they give their phone out for so much, so so much of it as spam. So the way that we get like I have nine hundred unread emails, I do because it got out of it got away from me, like every New York Times that I didn't deliver, like you know, it just got it got away.
Speaker 2: And so there's so much of that.
Speaker 1: So I think that's texting for them, because they just get everything on their right.
Speaker 2: Then I think, I guess it's possible.
Speaker 1: But it's the next one I wrote down, So he gets it, he gets it right, it's higher. Then the next question is the amount of money that Faith spends on beauty maintenance. Is it higher or lower? Than twenty five dollars.
Speaker 2: A month or a week a month.
Speaker 1: Well, that's ridiculous. I mean, Kim could not have won. That's insane. He's like, well, I know she's low maintenance, but that would be crazy, which that makes me think Kim's a real man. He gets it now and that it's less than.
Speaker 2: Twenty five dollars a month. Come on. And here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I was playing this the same way that I won a car on the Hollywood Squares, and the way I did it was I use strategy and I feel like these people I could have had a meet a meeting with them, and it's like the craziest answer is always correct. So on Hollywood Squares, when I was studying it to play to go on it, and it worked out.
Speaker 2: If it's a true or false and it's a crazy thing, it's true.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 2: And if it's not that crazy, it's false always. That's how the writers wrote it. They didn't try to they didn't trick you in that way. It was it was they were all meant to be tricky, you know.
Speaker 1: And if it was like who, like one of my questions was who is the which which child star made the most money you know, ever or whatever, And it was between Shirley Temple, Mickey Rooney or Jackie Coogan.
Speaker 2: Jackie Coogan right.
Speaker 1: Correct, least likely the person doesn't seem obvious. So I was like for him, Captain Kim, I was like, go lower, go lower. Nope, he was wrong. But that's okay. He's okay. But I mean it was it was a cute thing. I got a lot of them wrong. I tried to play along too, and I got a lot right. That was funny was they asked Leah. They asked Jonathan how many times Leah's faked an orgasm? Is it higher or lower than ten?
Speaker 2: And he he said a higher And she's like, nope, I don't lie. I don't lie. I don't lie. Yeah, they don't. That was all right.
Speaker 1: That was a funny one, Kim. And I mean, there's any Dale, the amount of times Dale has had sex in a single day. Could this guy get any grosser? Is it higher or lower?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 1: Do you think they met with different people or with the same person. That's what I was thinking. That's exactly what I was thinking. But I think they mean the same person. And she says higher and she's right. Then they ask Parisa and Brian get one about how much money she's willing to spend on a wedding. He's higher or lower than fifty six thousand dollars. He says lower. It's incorrect. Then there's a question about cosmetic surgery that Kathy's had.
Speaker 2: Apparently it was lower than five.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is But then she made a joke, yeah, that she was going to go get one right now, this.
Speaker 2: Was a good one. Parisa gets one.
Speaker 1: That's what is the amount of relationship breakups that Brian would say are his fault? Is it higher or lower than thirty percent? And she makes the mistake of going with higher.
Speaker 2: Of course not.
Speaker 1: I doubt Brian ever thinks he does anything wrong. Ever, right, And of course it was actually lower. They get everything wrong.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, so that guy I can't Gary and Leslie something.
Speaker 1: So Gary Leslie? Uh so basically it doesn't really matter. We don't have to get into all the specifics. But Gary and Leslie are tied.
Speaker 2: For the lead.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so we're coming down to the end, right, Okay, And I believe Jeremy went first, right, didn't Jeremy go first?
Speaker 2: And bet it all? Basically and got it right, which was so dumb. Remember that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was smart when it turns out, you're a genius if it works.
Speaker 2: And it worked.
Speaker 1: So he did that also just Gary, he could have but he just went for it and it worked out.
Speaker 2: He want they won hard. So then Gary like, I guess because he saw him do.
Speaker 1: I don't know what all Gary had to do was bet one and if he got it wrong, it didn't matter because they were high up right. But Gary went crazy like I don't know. I just was like, is he just is he dumb? Like what's And Keith was over there like no slow moment because they wanted to be I think because he wanted to be the one with the power.
Speaker 2: It was big.
Speaker 1: It was no different really than what did It really wasn't any difference, right, Oh my god, it was no different. It was no different than what Jeremy did. He was just like, fuck it, I'm going to get this right. They've gotten every question right thus far. And he was like, and then we're going to be tied for the main lead and then we'll have the power. That was awful, and so he fucked it up and got him got themselves in the bottom and Leslie I don't think Leslie's that upset because she probably wants the money, but she's not going to end up with Gary. No, there's no world in which those are going to they're not dating. So that was a big oh my god, oh no. And then there were told two hundred times how Bailey gets to decide, like, we got it, now, we got it.
Speaker 2: By the way, did you notice this?
Speaker 1: So the question that Larry, Leslie and Gary got was how many times does Leslie think couples should have sex per week?
Speaker 2: Is it higher? Lower than five?
Speaker 1: And Leslie's like, ooh, don't hate me. He's like what so he bets it all on higher and he loses. But they never tell you like what her answer was, which they yeah, it was probably zero. What if it was zero, that's my that would be my Answer'd be like, oh my god, I'm like six or five?
Speaker 2: What else would mean? Like, don't hate me?
Speaker 1: It's probably like one, one or two or something, which we all can understand.
Speaker 2: I do. I love Leslie. I love her so much. He doesn't get anything.
Speaker 1: Should break here for for yes to make two shows out of this?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Should we say hi first to our friends over our yes? Okay, I'm gonna say yes. Kathy Calman, Don Lee, Sarah Baker, Jenny Hard and Jane mcmbery Ann Yarborough.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't give a full I know Sherry Shannon really well.
Speaker 2: Paul Sullivan. We're gonna win, We're gonna be in control.
Speaker 1: Dolla, Sid Weldon, Lauren Barnes, Kelly d Andrea Crawford, and our friend Richard Frawl Licker Dickey f We sometimes.
Speaker 2: Call him over on our other on our Patreon business eha andajpai uses.
Speaker 1: He uses his as a charity, which a lot of people do, and he has for Houses into Homes. This one's in Iowa, but it's a furniture bank that helps families that are making transitions into new houses that maybe can't afford all the new furniture. There are furniture banks all over the place, so you can find a local one, or you can just go to Houses into Homes dot org and find out how you can help with that.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Also, my friend Adam Lerner is a car broker. It's so so helpful. If you live in California, it's totally free too, but even if you live somewhere else, he can find you a car that you're looking for at the absolute lowest price, or a lease, a new car, a used car, whatever. He just knows everything about cars. He's really smart. So go to Adams gootacar dot com. That also our friend Jamie val Over at spit by your Social if you want to get your marketing game for your business, even if it's just a small business or just you trying to get something off the ground. She knows how to do all the TikTok videos and all how to get everything, all those numbers up. She's been doing this a long time. You want to go to spit byrersocial dot com.
Speaker 2: Tell us about Laura Stewart.
Speaker 1: Well, Laura Stewart has Aspire Counseling Denver and the website is called Denver Brainspotting dot com and it's it's therapy trauma work and they get you this headset and it's got like biofeedback and it's really like a new way to deal with trauma and you can do it anywhere in the country. So check it out at Denver Brainspotting dot com. Do that now, that's that where We're going to see you in like eight seconds. Okay, bye bye,