Speaker 1: Tired of slow, error prone processes in your organization, me Linger your new secret weapon for efficiency. Liger is a secure, private and trustworthy generative AI solution custom built for government, designed to streamline even the most complex tasks, from automating time consuming acquisition processes to providing instant, accurate answers to policy questions. Liger is here to save you time and resources. With Liger, you'll be operating at the new speed if possible.
Speaker 2: Don't wait.
Speaker 1: Transform your organization with Lier today. Visit Liger dot io to learn more. That's l I G E R dot io.
Speaker 3: It's nice side with Dan ray one easy Boston.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to go back to Bill.
Speaker 4: We held him over, So Bill, I don't hold many callers over, but I'll give you a chance to wrap up your points.
Speaker 2: Go right ahead.
Speaker 5: I'm monopologed. You know, I know you won't let me anyway. You shouldn't. But you know, and I know I know this. This the audience here is very often not sympathetic to trans people or or or transvestite story times or whatever. And I know that it's just something that people have a hard time understanding. And I get that. But Seth Moulten's mistake was.
Speaker 4: When you talk about transvestite story times, I'm not sure what you're talking talk about the drag queen story hours?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sorry, Yes, drag queen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have no problem with that, as long as there are other groups like the National Rifle Association. If you have an NRA story hours some week, have whatever story hours.
Speaker 5: You want, exactly. My point is there's a lot of intolerance.
Speaker 2: So we're an agreement, Bill, we're in agreement with a No.
Speaker 5: No I argue with you. I know many of your audience don't feel that way. My point is simply this. I agree that no one should be have an unfair advantage because of skies or weight when they're on a playing field. But the company suggestion you made that that one athlete who had her chief knockout, it could have easily been done by a very tall, strong woman. That athlete didn'ttentially uh that male trand that formerly male didn't intentionally mean to hurt that girl.
Speaker 2: No what, No one suggested that.
Speaker 5: No one suggested that, But you pointed out as if that's what trans people are gonna do.
Speaker 4: No I can point I can point out dozens. Bill, I'm not gonna boil you with it. I can point out dozens of examples. I also can point out the argument that women are making women swimmers, particularly let's.
Speaker 2: Talk about a non contact sport, swimming, Okay.
Speaker 4: Uh And So if you're a track and field and if you're a female, and you are competing against other females, and all of a sudden, there's someone who has structurally, biologically, you know, superior physicality to you.
Speaker 2: Uh. In the case of there's a swimmer down at Penn State. Uh. And and you as a woman who has worked, a young girl who has worked for years and years and years, and all of a sudden you find yourself competing against people who have an unfair physical advantage. Uh. I can understand their position, That's.
Speaker 5: All I know too.
Speaker 2: But not we could have, we could have, we could have.
Speaker 4: A great saying, is what Moulton I think is saying, is that there's a purity test in the Democratic Party. We can't even converse about that. You know, there are some boys hockey teams who do not have enough boy players at one high school, so they combine and they have sort of a combined team of two or three high schools. Maybe they can be if we find out that there are so many, you know, trans athletes, we can.
Speaker 2: Have a trans high school sports program.
Speaker 4: I mean this, we have to sort of look at this and at least be able to have a conversation like we're having now.
Speaker 2: That's all Seth Malten is saying, right, But.
Speaker 5: I think basically he took it one step too far, and I think he actually probably regrets what he says, because you think he does. But he certainly didn't make itself available for calls. So that that was my decision.
Speaker 2: That was my decision.
Speaker 5: That's fine, that's fine. But what I'm saying is, and I'll end with this, I think chose his words differently. I think if if his little girls, and I support everyone to being protective of their children, but I think if his little girls happen to be six feet tall and or overweight, would he not want them to be able to play on a team where other players were not as physically tall or large for fear that they may run people over. I think it's a matter of he basically was painting trans people as bullies as people.
Speaker 4: Again, you know when you said that now three times, I'm going to disagree with you. Every time you say it, he's not saying that in my opinion. You have your opinion. We'll have to agree to disagree. And I appreciate you took the time to call. I mean that genuinely, and I hope you continue to call. Have a good night, you too, have a good one. Let's keep rolling here. Okay, we'll get one more in before the break. Let me go to John and Braintreet. John, you're next to night side.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 6: How you doing, Dan, it's Captain Hindsight again.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm very good, Captain Hindsight. We've rallied you a couple of times here in the last few days.
Speaker 2: Go right ahead.
Speaker 6: Back on the Biden thing. I was kind of glad that he. I sought more of him for stepping down the way he did, But in hindsight, he probably should have stepped down sooner.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Well, my question to Seth Molten at the end, and I'm not sure I articulated the question as well as I should. I think there's a story behind that because I have a very close I have a very clear recollection that Joe Biden sometime you need a late May or early June released a videotape. It was a very short, thirty second videotape, it wasn't live, and Joe Biden, looking trim and fit and fit as a fiddle, basically looked into the camera and said, Donald, I understand you want to have a debate with me anywhere, anytime. Okay, I'm ready, Donald, make my day. Was it was almost that quick. It was almost like he was channeling Clint Eastward, you know, make my day. And within an hour CNN had scheduled that debate. And the fact that he wasn't ready for that debate and had such a horrible performance, I'm wondering if there were people in the White House who said, look, it's better to get him out there, proved to him, proved to the American.
Speaker 2: Public that he's not at that point. Yeah, that's exactly what I'm suggesting. That's exactly what I'm suggesting. And then for a while he said no, he said, he said, if God Almighty comes down, I'll step aside.
Speaker 4: If you remember in July, but he said, you know, let's I hear from God Almighty. You got my word, I'm in and that and when a Biden gives you his word, that's what he said, and then all of a sudden, Nancy Pelosi said, well, I haven't talked to him yet, and then Chuck Schumer and I think you know, basically he was told by the powers that be, Hey, it's over.
Speaker 6: I have a quick question or two quick questions for you, one and you can answer them when I hang up. One is, do you think there's going to be a nightmare between the in the Republican Party now, because you know how they have the Marjorie Taylor greens and stuff, especially with it's such a selgh. Are they going to start holding them hostage for crazier stuff? And it couldn't be a nightmare even though they have complete control, those few people are going to have that power again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'll tell you I don't think so.
Speaker 4: The the Republican Congress just changed the rules and that in the Republican Conference Matt Gates was able to challenge McCarthy's speakership because they just needed one vote amongst the Republican Conference. They just changed that you have to have nine votes, sort of a nine.
Speaker 2: Vote a little bit better.
Speaker 6: What I wanted to say was my criticism of the Biden. I am absolutely so disappointed the way they handled the Israel. And are you familiar with Christopher Hitchens at all? I'm just becoming familiar with him. Oh my gosh. He just if you if you YouTube Christopher Hitchins and listened to him about Israel over the air, he you know, I wish I could speak as eloquently as he does on it, so so succinctly, and so you know, obviously everything he says is just truth after truth after truth, and he.
Speaker 5: Said it was.
Speaker 6: He said he found it odd that once England decided to start with the colonization of countries and stuff like that, all of a sudden, now Israel came along and this was his words. And Israel is now colonizing you know, Jerusalem and Israel over there. And if you get a chance to listen to this, it's horrific that we've got ourselves involved in there and now this and I ran off even more. And they've become extremely strong and could be a problem. So I don't know, well, you know that.
Speaker 4: They've become extremely strong because the money was was given to them. I certainly know of Hitchings. He he's he's not a lot.
Speaker 6: He died, Yeah, in eleven I didn't realize you.
Speaker 2: Thirteen years ago.
Speaker 4: Uh you know, he's he's he's he was a brit and and he he was always someone who was controversial.
Speaker 2: I'm a big supporter of Israel. You know that. You listen to my show and I don't want to open up the conversation.
Speaker 6: Would you listen to his explanation of why he you know, the way he his overview of what happened or what they're doing there, and it was maybe we could have a talk some other time, but.
Speaker 4: We could, we could. And I've studied the Middle East. I've never been to the Middle East, I will admit that, but I've studied it a lot. And there's one country over there. There's one country over there that has been loyal to the United States. They have been they have been attacked since the day that that that they became a nation in May of nineteen forty eight. And there's there a city there, there's a country. There are a country by the size of New Jersey. If we had ever had the amount of bombs dropped on us during that period time for now seven over seventy five years, please uh you know again, I think we're going to be just diametrically a post on this issue, and I would be more than happy to have a conversation.
Speaker 2: With you on it.
Speaker 6: But yeah, well I'm not that well read in it. But listening to him, holy smokes, he just puts it, puts it in perspective that they are putting us in a very we got dambooz the last time trying to support them and then they bailed up. There's some crazy stuff going on there too. So I don't want to take you off, but thank you for taking the call. I appreciate welcome, have a good night.
Speaker 2: Share, Thank you, sir. Take quick break right back on Night's out after this.
Speaker 3: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let me go next to Mike. Excuse me, Mick in Austin.
Speaker 4: Mick, you are next on nights. I appreciate you taking the time to call in a right headship.
Speaker 5: Hey, Dan, how you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great boy? Sound like a creaky door there? What's going on?
Speaker 5: It is? Actually no, I was just doing some dishes, cleaning up the house.
Speaker 2: Uh all right, well now let's talk. I can't help you with that. I can help you can help me with talk and go ahead.
Speaker 5: All right, couple quick thingys Seth Molt and Mike have a graduate congressman. I you know, I racked that him, like he's not my he's not my congressman. But the guy is great. He made some great points about the Democratic Party ship listen to the people, Maybe do poles, because I'm sure.
Speaker 2: They I'm sure they do polls.
Speaker 4: I think what his concern is that if you do not align with the party on each and every issue, and particularly on certain issues, they they subject you to what he called the purity test, which I think is a mistake because if you start to give everybody a purity test, you're going to have a pretty small party at the end of the day.
Speaker 5: Well one hundred percent agree, And I'm the person who always backed Labor up in if they didn't poles, Like as a parent, I don't want my daughter playing field hockey or swimming against a man like that's a you know, transgender and taking the title from me, and especially some of these national titles like NCAA titles and the Young Girl swam since she was four years old and lost the title to a guy who just transferred over in two years. I mean, hundred is that wrong, and I think most Democrats would agree with that. Like they can participate in sports and some non contact sports, but I think most Democrats would agree with that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, there are there are there are ways that women and men have have have competed, you know, in tennis mixed doubles. Obviously, there's a uh you know, there's an LPGA, and there's a PGA, you know, men's tour, And the reason is that men, you know, the really good professional male golfers can hit the ball three hundred and twenty yards.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, there's just about I just watched like two weeks ago it was college and it was like two men and two women from one call. It's facing two men and two more from another.
Speaker 2: College golf a golf tournament.
Speaker 5: You mean yeah it was college. It was college golf. You know, yeah, yeah, I should have not been golfer myself, right.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you know, I think you go ahead.
Speaker 5: I think most Democrats would agree with its fundamental issues like that. I mean, I don't think most Democrats are far dealing with a zero point five percent in like one hundred percent, like you can't do this. I think a lot of us have common sense issues like that. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Well, look, and the bottom line is is look, if you take if you take, for example, a game like tennis, Okay, if you take the best men's players against the best women's players, uh, the men's players will win. But but uh, just like in marathons, women aren't that far behind in tennis. I remember one time hitting as a young man with a woman who was number ten in the world of the women's I couldn't touch. I mean, that wasn't bad, but I mean she could do stuff with a tennis ball, big left woman named Barbara Potter, who was ranked number ten, moving from Connecticut, and you know, she could bounce the ball to the left, bounce the ball, she could do things with which I could even attempt to do. But that's a difference, you know. But at the same time, if you put her up against the best men's player, he's gonna you know, he's going the same way with golf.
Speaker 4: You take take the best female golfer, She's never going to beat the best male golfer. It's a question of strength. But when you get into transgender issues here, it's a different set of issues. And Seth Molten, you know, came on tonight, and I think he tried to make his case as clearly as he could.
Speaker 2: I think he did a good job on it.
Speaker 5: I also think he did it. He made a great point with the like marathon. They have wheelchair categories, they have men's women over forty, over thirty, they have like fifteen or twenty different categories. People from Boston. The first guy first in, a male female from Boston across the line.
Speaker 4: You do you know, I would think that if you had transgender women competing in the women's marathon, and all of a sudden you had you know, you know people, you know, men who were either in the process or have become women, They're going to have a height advantage, They're going to have a strength advantage.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: That is where I think you could do. You could you could run that experiment and say, okay, transgender women can compete against women.
Speaker 2: See what happens.
Speaker 5: Then you know title exactly. You know, Dan, I could talk all night about how Kamala lost the election. I can't believe Donald Trump won it just on his character and it's just playton lies. But I can't connt that tonight. But as far as the state order goes, and now our state is trying to like a ball shot bill that we just voted for. Yeah, I hope you have a we will we will.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you we will have Diana Disaglio on.
Speaker 5: I couldn't think of her name, Diana.
Speaker 4: She's the state auditor. She is carrying on a one woman's campaign against the male dominated legislature up there. And I know that they were going to pull something like this and it's not quick too.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that is a real in your face. You know, you went to the voters. I think it was like seventy percent. She won seventy to thirty percent.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: I hope she drags him into court because obviously they have messed now with all the voters in Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: I saw Mariana on TV tonight and it was appalling in my opinion. Hey, thank you know.
Speaker 5: I listened to the show you had her on and that was great listening to it. My last point is the Attorney General Gates. I listened to you on your show when you talked about him soliciting minors. Yeah it was like two years ago, but yep, the wrong choice for attorney general.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think that that's been confirmed that choice. In my opinion, there will be some senators who will stand by him, but he's not going to get fifty percent, uh, even in a in a Senate which has fifty three Republicans.
Speaker 5: Appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I'll let you get back to work. We'll talk soon. Okay, thanks, make appreciate you, all right, Take you have a good one. Let me go to Joe and Lynn. Joe next on nights. I get you in here before the fint Dan.
Speaker 8: This is a really interesting conversation. I have mixed feelings. I know we can agree to disagree and still be friends. I disagree with transgender. To me, that's not normal. And I don't blame Steph Moulton because you know about the transgender boxing. I think it was an Italy.
Speaker 4: They showed there was an Algerian transgender contestant in the in the woman's division and he she won the gold medal, and there was all sorts of controversy about that.
Speaker 8: Yes, I do read yeah, because but there was damage to one woman in Italy and her face.
Speaker 4: She was an Italian five who who who suffered? I don't know if she suffered, but but she basically.
Speaker 8: Broke damaged eye sockets, an other things, and that's horrible. I don't think they should be doing that. I mean to me, and this is just me. You may agree or disagree, Glenn and I have discussed this before. A transgender to.
Speaker 2: Me is not normal.
Speaker 8: You're a man, you're a man, you're a woman, you're a woman.
Speaker 4: If you again, what it's normal to you and what's normal to me might be different, might be different to someone else.
Speaker 2: Again, the word normal is.
Speaker 4: You know again, Uh, it's you know, it's certainly transgenders are the exception to the rule.
Speaker 2: But again I don't know that I have that right, nor to you. It's you know, it's you know.
Speaker 4: I guess you could say, look, people with red hair, it's not normal because you know, but but to them it's normal. So I just I don't think that's going to lead us anywhere to I think we should stay with the with the conversation about how how can he make it work? What what what compromised is jgitimate and what conversation should be allowed, Moulten saying he can't even raise it as an issue to talk about because.
Speaker 8: Crazy you should be able to discuss anything. Now, as far as Matt Gates, I don't know if it's true what they said about and they say some people say make a good attorney general. I don't know, no, because there's just so much and what I don't like what more Healey's going to do about the border. I just want to touch on that she's going to disobey the president's order. Now, the president could reset go to the that new was it Missoon whatever his name is, and say I'd like to put you put Matt Gates in. But when you hear things like mor Heey's not going to obey uh, and that's federal law, I think that she may wind up losing her funding. And I don't know whether they'll arrest her for that.
Speaker 4: But no, Look, whatever disagreement exists between Governor Heally and the Trump administration on that or any other issue, will be litigated in court.
Speaker 2: Simple as that suppose what's going to be done. Absolutely, Okay, that's that's the way we work in this country. Okay, you know, we don't arrest people. We're not a.
Speaker 4: Banana Republic dictatorship. It gets resolved in court, and the court decision is more is more.
Speaker 8: Of my questions he was more violating federal law if he orders the border to start, people start taking out deporting these people, and she won't told the police not to obey his order.
Speaker 4: And again if if the if the Trump administration goes into federal court, uh, and they get an order which instructs her, they would take her into federal court and she would be told by a federal judge you have to you know, you're obligated. Now, there's a whole bunch of cases. There's a whole bunch of arguments there. I can't litigated with you here, So that will be that will be decided by a judge.
Speaker 2: And that's my question.
Speaker 8: If she disobeys him, then is she in serious trouble? If he goes to court, you're.
Speaker 2: Talking about disobeying a judge.
Speaker 8: Yeah, more more really the judges you have to follow this.
Speaker 4: She can be held in contempt of court like any individual, even as a governor, and that she's gonna have a chance to appeal it. That's the way it works, and eventually it necessarily goes Supreme Court. And if she's then gonna defy it, yeah, she's gonna be in contempt.
Speaker 2: Joe, I got to run. I got you on before the break here. But I'm way past my.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much, take care, welcome, Thank you much.
Speaker 2: All right, we take a quick break for news.
Speaker 4: I got Danielle and Worcester coming up on the other side, and got wide open lines here six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six, one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. I'd like to segue. I think we've we've done the Seth Molten conversation, who had a variety of points of view on that. I'd like to get your thoughts on the nominees, the nominations that President Trump has made, a couple of them somewhat controversial.
Speaker 2: I think that his.
Speaker 4: Nomination of Robert F. Kennedy Junior is one that actually may make it. I don't think Matt Gates will make it, but I think he's had some good nominations, and i'd like to hear what do you think you may agree or disagree. You got the numbers coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 3: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm WZ Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 4: By the way, apropoed Joe's questions. The Globe's running a story tomorrow just been updated this afternoon that some Democratic governors say they're forming a resistance group against Donald Trump. The Globe is reporting that Governor mar Heey is not amongst that group democratic governors organizing a second Trump administration against a second Trump administration, saying this week they're pulling together a coalition of like minded state executives to help battle the dangers of authoritarianism. One leader not joining the resistance group. More Healey, the Massachusetts governor who his political rise was fueled and pot by her repeated battles with now president like Donald Trump, is not a member of the newly formed initiative known as Governor's Safeguarding Democracy, according to Healy's office, let me go next to Danielle in Wooster.
Speaker 2: Danielle, welcome back to Night's side. How are you tonight?
Speaker 5: No big deal.
Speaker 9: She gets no accolades, one thing that she is bragging that, No, she gets nothing.
Speaker 2: I just I just thought I was. I just mentioned I just saw it during the break, that's all. That's why I mentioned it.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Tonight's been an interesting night. And I think that Seth deserves so much respect and credit.
Speaker 7: For his.
Speaker 9: Commitment to stand behind what he believes in. And I feel like that is what's gone wrong the last ten years in this country.
Speaker 5: Are people.
Speaker 9: Whether they just want to be included, want to be accepted, so they go with the flow, so to speak, or they're fearful of being ridiculed for having a different opinion, because that's where politics has taken us. You cannot have a mind of your own. You either think like us or we crucify it literally. And you had to call her a couple of months ago when we were talking about trans gender subjects and she nailed it when she said, there are two sexes. Fine, girl, and it's determined by chromosomes, and it's just you know, you end up having certain genitalia body features that if you want a boy, if you've wone a girl. So I don't understand why this is such a tough decision. You know what it is. It sounds like the typical players in the game that just don't like rules. We have a problem with authority and rules. And the rule says if you're a boy, you don't this is what team you play for. If you're a girl, you play on this team. It really isn't more complicated than that.
Speaker 2: Well, you know from from the other side, and I'm not necessarily on the other side of this issue. In terms of girls. It seems to me that girls have fought long and hard for equal equal full.
Speaker 9: I am a s I can speak as a swimmer. I'm a butterflyer, okay, butterfly. Butterfly is the most difficult sport. And I will tell you I was pretty jacked when I was younger. Okay, I was big into the gym. I was self conscious on a prom dress because I had shoulders and back muscles that I didn't you don't even know exists, Okay, but I will tell you I can think vividly of three guys that because in the summer, well, some teams are co ed, but then you compete some in high school. The girls haven't meet the boys have meet in the summer. You have a co ed team, but you swim against boys, and you know the girls from against girls, but it's we travel with the team together. And I can think of three to this day that's whim the butterfly that would absolutely flatter me.
Speaker 5: If I had to go against them.
Speaker 9: So and also, you know when you have a child, when you give birth, mother gives birth and they say, okay, I know you have a boy or you have a girl, and love that doesn't sit back in the hospital and going, you have to know what I really wanted?
Speaker 10: A girl?
Speaker 9: You know, the boys, we're going to call him a girl. You don't decide that.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a lot of emotion on this issue.
Speaker 9: And so when a child that's to exhibit that they want to be the opposite sex, right, and the parent chooses to support that, they can take it a step further and take the hormones and stuff to prevent further development. So those kids might be more in line with that gender that they want to be, versus maybe a kid that was scared to talk about it and then in high school decided, you know what, I am going to go for it. I am trimp and that person. Let's just take a boy, for example, that wants to be the female, so that that boy didn't take the hormones, so he's got the Adams apple and he's got the male features. That's going to be a whole different scenario than maybe a boy that was given the hormone suppressing drugs or estrogen at a young age and has the shapes and curves of a female by the time he's a freshman. So you know, there's just so much that goes into it. It's so complex, and.
Speaker 2: I just think people, Danielle, it's very complicated. There's no question about that, and I think that's just simple. Let me, let me just let me just jump in here for a second, if you don't mind.
Speaker 4: I think it's very complicated, and I think that there are families who find themselves dealing with these questions and understandably they support their child whatever way the child.
Speaker 2: Is going, and that you understand. But the question then becomes, Okay, if this child wants to compete against girls in what are contact sports, how fear is that? And that's what That's what I'm trying to I have. I have all I can do to handle with that that issue.
Speaker 9: I'm listening to you. I'm listening to you. But Dan, again, where was this problem when I was in middle school? It was we didn't have it. Okay, we allowed society to get like this, and we need more people like Seth to stand up and say, wait a minute, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: We need he's saying.
Speaker 4: He's saying the same thing I am, daniel That is that that he should be allowed to talk about it. He was told by people in the Democratic Party this is an issue that you can't even talk about. And and he he has has separated himself from a good portion of the Democratic Party, and maybe he will pay a price for it, or maybe he will turn out and he will take the Democratic Party by force of his argument in other direction, some the same thing as you.
Speaker 9: You should be allowed to talk about it, and you should be able to have your own opinion.
Speaker 2: We are saying that, I feel like I'm arguing with it. I really I'm not. We're saying something.
Speaker 9: No, No, I'm not arguing. I just I just don't know.
Speaker 4: There was just just a point one other point, there was a young there was apparently it's a city council out there who's saying that he might run against Seth Moulton.
Speaker 2: And Seth isn't afraid of that. He said, fine, you know, let's let's deal with it at the round box. All right. Thank you, thank you, Danielle. I hear your emotion coming through the phone. Thank you much. Okay, good night, You're welcome.
Speaker 4: All right, take quick break here six one seven, two, five, four to ten thirty triple eight nine two nine ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I do when I when I come back, I want to start talking about the cabinet nominations that President Trump or President Like Trump has put forward. Mario Ruber, Mario Rubio Secretary of State, Marco Rubio, excuse me, Marco Rubio, Secretary of State. I think that will be that will pass very easily. I think that the Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has an incredible I realize he's a Fox News Hope host, but he has an incredible military service record. Christy Nome, the governor of South Dakota, is a Trump favorite. John Ratcliffe, former Congressman c I A director, Lee Zelden, e PA administrator who ran a pretty strong race as a Republican for the governorship of New York uh and Elise Stefanik. We all saw her dealing with the Ivy League President's last last fall in the wake of the October seventh attack. He has he has some smart people here. I think one nomination that I have that I have trouble with is Matt Gates.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think he is a.
Speaker 4: He's a lightning rod. He has brought more controversy on himself and on the Republican Party. I still believe perhaps Donald Trump is want enough to use him as almost a sacrificial lamb, that he would be the one nominee that Trump probably is just as happy to lose.
Speaker 2: I could be wrong. I'd love to know what you think.
Speaker 4: I think that there are more qualified lawyers and experienced litigators, and certainly I think of former district attorney out of South Carolina Goudy, Trey Goudi, who I think would be a legitimate nominee if he's trying, if he's trying to find people who have media experience, there are others, There are others. Donald Trump has had legal troubles, and I think that he needs to surround himself with someone who is legal, but someone who's also highly competent.
Speaker 2: Will take a break. My name's Dan Ray. This is Nightside.
Speaker 4: What do you think about the cabinet officials that so far he has nominated, including Robert F. Kennedy Junior is the head of Health and Human Services. Arguably, I think that's the biggest in terms of dollars spent department. And that is not even to mention the Department of Government Efficiency, which hasn't even informed yet, which we'll have two people involved in that, including Elon Musk, join the conversation. I got some open lines. Let's light him up. Be right back, coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 3: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Bob and Raynham Next. Bob, You're next on Nightside. Welcome Sey, Dan.
Speaker 10: How's it going good?
Speaker 2: What do you think about the president elects nominees?
Speaker 10: I like him, but I was wondering if I could Can I stay with the Seth Wilten issue?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 10: Yeah, So I certainly agree with what Seth Molten stands, you know, stands for on this issue. And I think I think for us to get back to a normal society, I'd say we have to have healthy debate on both sides. And it can't be potty line right down the line on every single issue that that I believe does no one any good. I think there needs to be healthy debate on a lot of these issues. And and the other thing I'd like to say is, uh, I believe last summer you had a gentleman on speaking about a d D and ADHD, but he was speaking more to it on the adult level, and I was wondering if you could get an expert on to UH speak about the impacts of this add and ADHD medic medicine given to children and if that has any impact on all this UH transgender stuff from these schools you know I have.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen. I haven't seen anything in that regard.
Speaker 4: I know that there are more children diagnosed these days with ADHD than than were in the past.
Speaker 3: UH.
Speaker 4: And some people think it's over diagnosis, other thin others think that it was not diagnosed properly in the past. What I would rather do is that if anyone out there wants to recommend someone, I'd be more than happy to look at them. I don't have, off the top of my head doctors who I know who would be, you know, experts in that area.
Speaker 2: Doctor. I do have doctors who have experts in a number of areas, but I don't have anyone in that area.
Speaker 4: But nonetheless, anyone who wants to recommend someone, I'd be more than to look at him and talk about it. But we're probably getting into some of that because if Robert F. Kennedy Junior does become the Secretary of Health and Human Services, and certainly I think at the hearings his nomination hearings, there'll be a lot about some of the things that he has said in some of the positions he has taken on these very issues that you're talking about, So I suspect we will have to deal with those issues in the next few weeks.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Okay, yeah, it sounds good, Thanks Bob, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I like the suggestion. Okay, you're going to wrap the hour here with Kathy from Lunenburg. Kathy, you were next on Nightside.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Hi Dan Oh, Kenny, Welcome.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 7: I was just going to say RFK Junior, I think is a great pick, and for some of the points you were just mentioning, I think there's going to be a lot of things settle change, much needed change in terms of the food industry, particularly when it comes to children and you see all the dies and you know the previous college just mentioning about ad D. I think that was a really good point, so hopefully for the show.
Speaker 2: So you think that, I.
Speaker 4: Assume you think that Kennedy is going to say, Okay, we can no longer use these guys in cereals and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: Right, absolutely, absolutely, I mean, when here's my question, here's my question, Okay, here's my question.
Speaker 4: As a Republican, I think you're a Republican. Normally Republicans say, hey, stay out of the boardroom.
Speaker 2: Let us do what we want to do. It's a free market. People can buy if they want to buy.
Speaker 4: You know, of course breakfast cereal that has that's you know, a world of colors, rainbow breakfast Cereal.
Speaker 5: So be it.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to be a fascinating conversation and argument. Yeah, I do.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you, Dan, I have regular conversations with a couple of other Republican moms and we're all all on the same page, you know. And I think particularly when it comes to the kids, and you see, and my kids are varying ages, my oldest to youngest twenty years. So I've seen. I've seen a wide range of things, particularly in the schools and with my last child, who now just graduated college a year ago. When he was young, I got more involved in terms of going in in you know, seeing children's behavior and learning about what the autism spectrum is and how you know, kids react to occupational therapy. But more importantly, someone had said to me and I thought, oh, you know, my daughters were fine, my, you know people will recognize.
Speaker 2: Me, Jathy.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm going to have to hold you all over, Kathy, because you started down a road here that I kind of completed in twenty seconds. So therefore, stay there and I'll talk to you on the other side of the eleven o'clock News. For those of you who want to dial in, you have the number six one seven, two, five four ten thirty or six one seven nine three one ten thirty.
Speaker 2: Uh, don't do this often. We're doing it twice tonight. Back on Night's side,