Speaker 1: Hey, guys, Hey guys. You know we are on episode forty seven, forty two Ding Dong forty seven minus five, forty seven minus five.
Speaker 2: Hey, you can do math. Yeah, we are in episode forty two, and we are going to continue our discussion of strange UFOs.
Speaker 1: Yes, so these episodes are strange.
Speaker 2: They are. This is basically we could call it more strange UFOs stranger, UFOs stranger UFOs.
Speaker 1: I like it nice, I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, last time we talked about Jane Doe and her strange encounter with an object in the Nevada, Utah area saw flats, right, and it was pretty cool. We talked a little bit about maybe some of our weird encounters with things that could be UFOs, but we didn't really talk about the big phenomena, right, phenomenon phenomena. Yeah, we didn't talk about that. So we need to do that now. So I heard you had a story.
Speaker 1: You do have a story.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think you should just launch in and I.
Speaker 1: Just want to I'm gonna go full strange on you.
Speaker 2: Okay, go full strange because I know you You're gonna get tired and you're gonna start slurring your words and it's gonna be boring. So I want I want you to put your heart to at Austin.
Speaker 1: Deep in the backwoods of Hopkinsville, Kentucky. This nineteen fifty five, August twenty.
Speaker 2: First, this is good, alrighty Hill.
Speaker 1: Billy by the name of Billy ray Taylor is out by the well on his family property. The rest of the klan, maybe eleven in all sitting in the house far far away. Suddenly a blast of light, a whirling sound, and a mysterious object appears overhead. It makes its way across the entire property, over Billy ray Taylor's head and settles itself nice and easy down in a gully. It was almost dusk, but not quiet. It was still dark and hard to see. He runs back to his cabin where his family resides and says, Ma, Pa, everybody, come look at this ship. He explains, you can't continue this.
Speaker 2: I'm digging it, man. I'm thinking about all the sound effects in the background.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is really how it goes. This is kind of a really surface level view of what's.
Speaker 2: I just got to No, did you write this yourself? Did you like do the dramatic presentation of this these are my notes. Oh so you're making it up as you go.
Speaker 1: Well I'm I'm using my memory and my notes.
Speaker 2: Well that's that's good man. I like it. Yeah, okay, go.
Speaker 1: Go forgive me if some of my facts are wrong. Still makes for a good story.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So they make their way back.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, get back into characters too good.
Speaker 1: It's hard. We have a drink.
Speaker 2: I like it when you talk because I can just sit here and drink my beer and listen. Right, very entertaining.
Speaker 1: Bob and sees this shit. So Billy Ray Taylor and maybe like his cousin with some other burly backwoods dude head on out to the other side of the property with a couple of guns, a twenty two long rifle, maybe at twenty gage, maybe a twelve gage, you know, farm guns. Guns. So they head outside. Before they know it, they're encountered by three foot tall little monsters armored and with big old claws, big heads, and bigger ears. They starts getting in a conversation, some kind of back and forth articulation with these monsters. These monsters get too close, they give them a couple of warning shots. The monsters do all kinds of crazy flips trying to get away from these bullets. The monsters never get too close, but one does apparently grab Billy Ray Taylor's head or arm or hat while it's hanging off the awning of their little cabin where they reside. So they shoot at these monsters, okay, and it's getting a little bit later in the day, so they get out of the house, threatening it in full their lives because they cannot take these suckers down. They're getting a cough d on out of town, all of them. They go straight to the police, where the police is like na. The police come back to their house. Now it's not quite right outside. They do a little perimeter search nothing, but there are bullet holes in the screen door and evidence of a firefight. So the police leave and the aliens come back and they get into another kind of confrontational situation here. They head back into town. Photo teams coming, cops are coming. Everybody's coming back to look at this Hopkinsville encounter. That's all I got. This is a real thing, Hockins Hopkins. The Hopkinsville encounter is kind of what it's called.
Speaker 2: So you did a dramatic presentation of the Hopkins Yeah, that was.
Speaker 1: A really bad presentation. I bet there's a lot of detail that I messed up or but the story is basically the same. Basically, these kind of a backwoods family in Kentucky in nineteen fifty five.
Speaker 2: They're nineteen fifty five Kentucky. Okay, that explains a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, frogs, they shooting little green men, and all of a sudden, so they're at their house and this guy, Billy Ray Taylor, which is a perfect.
Speaker 2: Backwoods guy named Yeah, that's a great name.
Speaker 1: Billy Ray Silas Taylor cyrus.
Speaker 2: Here he had a daughter that would swinging like.
Speaker 1: A redni mo. Yeah, no doubt a mom be swinging like a wrecking ball.
Speaker 2: That's for damn show naked on a wrecking ball.
Speaker 1: All right. Anyway, so they have this this guy sees this spaceship flower's head and apparently kind of lands in a goalie. And then and then long story.
Speaker 2: Was there any description of the of the UFO of the flame not.
Speaker 1: In my quick little overview and kind of brief summary I made. There might be, but I know it was pretty dark approaching morning, so they didn't have like a lot of time to observe because it was dark. And then by the time it's right outside. The camera crews and stuff come and everything's kind of jumbled. Yeah, it flies over his head and then he I think goes back and gets maybe his cousin or somebody, and they kind of go out to investigate this and they get in like a shootout with these little almost like they remind me of Grimlins. Yeah, like Magwai after eating after midnight. They're like doing flips and dodged and the bullets and like the bullets.
Speaker 2: But they didn't hit any of them. They just missed them all.
Speaker 1: Well, they think they hit them, and they'd like retreat and then they'd come back and they were wearing like shiny kind of chrome armor suits and they had claws and stuff.
Speaker 2: Apparently, what was that movie with was it The Mummy or was it the Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull where there's the little creatures, the little green creatures or whatever that are chased them through. That was the Mummy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked about we talked about Mummy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what reminded me of like Hobgoblin, Yeah, Hobgoblin.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, yeah, it's a funny story and they're shooting at him there's actually bullet holes in the cabin like door and stuff where they were shooting. Apparently one that grabbed his hair or took his hat off, like leaned over the yawning and grabbed him, and then they took off, and then police came and made a report as far as I understand, said that there was something happened, but no spaceships were found. You know, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Another thing I thought of while you were talking about it is that you said that the guns that they had were farm guns.
Speaker 1: Is that what you said guns?
Speaker 2: Which is funny because you said that. It flashed me back because we had a twenty two long rifle. We had twenty grab him. I know you've got them right now.
Speaker 1: I've got a twenty gauge twelve gage and a couple twenty.
Speaker 2: Two of it. That's exactly what we had. That's crazy, that's funny. I thought that was funny. It made me chuckle. And the other thing I thought of, and I know you're gonna add a little more detail here, but those little green guys, those little creatures, that was a lot like what my sister dreamt or saw in the hallway that I talked about in the last episode that scared me so bad as a little kid that I'd go sneak up in the mom and dad's room and sleep on the dog pillow.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: She So, she called me and she was telling me about her dream and that I had basically everything correct, but she did have time loss. So she had that, and then she woke up and it was morning.
Speaker 1: You know, a lot of people would just call that a dream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was more like sleep paralysis. She said that she could not move her eyeballs. Oh weird, they were frozen, and she couldn't look away. She couldn't blink as they can into the room. So there you go. Another thing I wanted to just throw out here before we dove into that, maybe a little bit more that experience. Is we are once again recording remotely.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, And.
Speaker 2: I hope our listeners can hear a little quality difference because we invested a little bit of time, a little bit of money. We have some better microphones and a little better internet connection hopefully. So I am once again down here at the site of my sister's abduction in Twin Falls, Idaho. And you are up in Meridian. No, you're in Nampa.
Speaker 1: I'm in my house. Yeah, in the ghetto, in the ghetto.
Speaker 2: That's a good song. Yes, oh yeah, it's good in the good hole. Yeah. So anyway, we're trying this again. I think it's going to be a much much better episode, at least as far as quality of sound go was maybe not quality of substance, but at least Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think my Hopkins villain counter was spot on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was good. I have to admit that was really good. And I'm gonna spice it up big time sound effects like Rick she Bullock.
Speaker 1: I gonna do noises. But I figured you'd put it in there for me, so yeah, yeah, I'm gonna do all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Well that's cool.
Speaker 2: So anything else you wanted to say about that? What was against Hopkins Hopkinsville?
Speaker 1: And I guess it's close to Kelly, Kentucky or maybe that Kelly County. I don't know, because it's Kelly. It says like Kelly Kentucky Hopkinsville throughout the articles that I read.
Speaker 2: So how did you hear about it?
Speaker 1: I don't know where I heard about it first? The podcast I listened to whiles at work just to kind of touch up on this ridiculous story was astonishing legends.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: Like this is a little similar to our podcast, just two dudes talking. I think they're a little more refined than we are. But I have really not at Yeah, right, but I think the one guy Forrest, I don't remember the names for I think the one guy, I think he's from southern Idaho. He drops little hints and says things that I'm like, Ah, dude, you probably Southern IHO.
Speaker 2: No wonder. It's a good podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's coming out of the land of Taters, Bud, the land of taters and milk and honey. Tater's milk and honey. Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of honeys here in Idaho.
Speaker 1: No, have you ever heard that song by afro Man? No, it's called Idaho No Potatoes are the only thing? Do you grow?
Speaker 2: No? I haven't heard that.
Speaker 1: You should? You should listen to it.
Speaker 2: That is a terrible song.
Speaker 1: Why would you.
Speaker 2: Listen to that? Hey, we're using a real time streaming utility called stream yard, and we can see each other. Do you see what I got on right now?
Speaker 1: That super sweet hat?
Speaker 2: Yeah? A strange thing.
Speaker 1: Did you get that?
Speaker 2: That got it for a Christmas present for some.
Speaker 1: Do Yeah, that's for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got it. I love this hat.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: It fits comfortable on my big melon.
Speaker 1: I like those hat. I've been wearing mine backwards because my front of my head gets hot well, and I like to look like a cool kid.
Speaker 2: So you're advertising to anybody that's following you.
Speaker 1: You know, everybody who's near me is looking at my butt anyway, so yeah, yeah, yeah, just look up and there it is a better advertisement.
Speaker 2: Boom. Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, you got any UFL stories to do? Well? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do. Yeah. So I did a little research. I wanted to have something that was kind of unique. One thing I want to say, so the whole top of UFOs it's kind of weird, it's strange. It fits categorically really well into our podcast in our name.
Speaker 1: Because they're strange thing.
Speaker 2: What the heck are these things? I mean, they've been around for a long time, but really they kind of caught on like in the fifties and sixties, even like in Roswell, you know, maybe in the forties, but before that, there wasn't a lot of this kind of stuff recorded. Now, there were some things in like the late eighteen hundreds where people were, you know, saying that they saw offline saucers and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Some kind of floating in the Yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: But I mean it's really kind of a something that's really grown in popularity over the last probably fifty years, more than it ever has.
Speaker 1: What do they call that, the UFO ufology No no, no, like a boom they called like.
Speaker 2: A sonic ufo boom.
Speaker 1: No no, no no, but like it becomes really popular. There's a name that they use for that, like spike or something.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I don't know if you think about it, just shout it out. But what occurs to me is, I mean we have things that are inscribed on ancient stellas or in hieroglyphics or pets pick to peckers. Yeah, there are inscriptions on there and in ancient art that kind of maybe people could say looks like flying machines or some kind of chariots of the gods that land. So it's not something that was foreign to people of ancient times. But now because of movies and the things we see and the ready access to like YouTube and video channels. Everybody knows what UFOs are, and I think they've also kind of created their own reality. It's like everybody expects for them to be real, and in a way, I don't think anybody would be extremely surprised if a UFO showed up because we were prepared for it.
Speaker 1: I don't know about prepared, but we've It's it's definitely on like our collective mind, you know, as a society or whatever. There's so many movies and so many things, and like you got Joe Rogan, like, there's no way we could be the only people in the universe. And right, you know other you know, podcasters and TV people and scientists saying that the probability of other life being on other planets is eighty seven point nine to eight percent or whatever. I don't think that's a real fact, but you know, it's just like the common knowledges that we're not the only people in the universe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the media frenzy around it is that these things exist. Now what they are that's a different question. So you know, we got to kind of ask ourselves as we kind of delve into this stuff, what are these things? I mean, what are the possibilities that these things are. Okay, name it for you, Austin. What what do you think UFOs are?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What are the possibilities?
Speaker 1: Well, the first thing I think UFO is is just an object that's flying and you can't identify it. So that's what I know UFO.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, I think.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of times it's some kind of misinterpretation of something that you're seeing. You hear, like, give me for it's what yea? So like people driving through Nevada, they've heard the area fifty one stories, they've heard all these alien stories, ghost stories, all this. You know, there their brains in this space of like aliens and jumpy Nevada, I don't know, you get it, the desert. Yeah, and a crop tuster flies by them, and then it flies by them again. Crop tusters don't move really fast, and they're kind of weird looking, and they kind of follow roads sometimes because that's where they.
Speaker 2: Could be lit weirdly by the sun or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yet, oh yeah, even just at night, you know. And and next thing you know, there's this UFO encounter. But really it's this sixty five year old farmer who's just crop dustin late at night, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, so you're saying that one of the one of the things that these could be are normal everyday flying objects that are for whatever reason misinterpreted and reported as unidentified flying objects because they aren't recognized for what they truly are, so natural objects.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think, yeah, I think there's things that come into play. Like like I said, I give the three things. So location they're in Nevada or when you're up in the mountains or whatever, someplace isolated or kind of has a aura of mystery around it. Yeah, and then and then you're thinking about that stuff in you're subconscious, and then you see something all of a sudden that's that you can't identify and you don't have enough time to identify it, so.
Speaker 2: Your mind does the rest. You're looking for.
Speaker 1: UFOs A bang behind me, weird, I got.
Speaker 2: Like a monster. Well, okay, so naturally occurring kind of a misinterpreted or misidentified, regular day, everyday object or thing. Yeah, okay, so that's what. What's another one?
Speaker 1: I think it's actually stuff that can't be identified because we don't know what it is, but our government knows what it is, or somebody's government knows what it is, and the majority of the population is just oblivious as to what technology is out there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so like a secret some kind of secret government.
Speaker 1: Or even you could even take that too. It's something and you just don't recognize it, and it's weird looking. So maybe it's the government doing weapons testing or testing a new airplane. Okay, maybe it's the guy down the street built a millennium Falcon drone and he has led lights all around it and he's buzzing it around your house and it looks like it's really far away. It's actually unidentified. It's not something. Oh that's a aten warhog just buzzing a Boise Idaho for the third time today.
Speaker 2: So what I'm kind of trying to do is strip off, you know, the possibilities and boil it down to what are the possible things. And I think you put your finger on two of them. One is that it's a misidentified, regular everyday kind of a flying object, whether that's an airplane or a weather balloon or something like that. Second is that it's some secret kind of technology that maybe the government is testing. But it's still kind of like category one in that it's it's a natural phenomena that has an explanation that maybe is covered up, but it's something that's real and tangible and has a logical kind of explanation.
Speaker 1: There's no extraterrestrial explanation.
Speaker 2: Right, So then that would be the third one, right, the extra terrestrial, which would be something that is not from our realm and that is manifesting in our atmosphere or whatever. Right now, that wouldn't be the possibility.
Speaker 1: That would be a third, but that wouldn't be my third.
Speaker 2: What would you what would your third be?
Speaker 1: My third would be it's people presenting information that isn't true to have some sort of itch scratched.
Speaker 2: You're saying a hoax, Yeah, a hoax.
Speaker 1: And we're not even I mean, I guess I don't know the definition of hoax that well, maybe, but not even like they're trying to fool people, but they just are trying to get attention and they'll do whatever it means. Right. That's why I think you get it a lot in like low income like trailer park type environments, because those people are desperate, They just want to be known for something, They want to have a steak in the world, and that.
Speaker 2: The fifteen fifteen Minutes of fame. Yeah, I thought that was a condescending. But okay, then a.
Speaker 1: Trailer we have, We've lived in a trailer and yeah, yep, we're down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we wanted to be special and we did.
Speaker 1: That's why we started a podcast.
Speaker 2: All right. Okay, So anyway, I see what you're saying. You're saying that people maybe it's not even for a hoax, but obviously they're making stuff up so.
Speaker 1: They can get attention for themselves.
Speaker 2: And yeah, okay, yeah, I think categorically that kind of fits with hoax because they're creating a hoax, whether or not the you know, they might have different reasons for it, but it's really they know it's not true and they're just making it up, right, Yeah. And then your fourth one then would that it is actually it's.
Speaker 1: An actual alien spaceship.
Speaker 2: Or interdimensional spaceship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sure.
Speaker 2: I like the whole inter dimensional spaceship thing better than like, you know, some outer space spaceship because nobody ever sees these things coming in from outer space. And if they're jumping, if they're teleporting through a portal, then that's transdimensional. It's not.
Speaker 1: It's like that scene in the Avengers where those big like whale things go into the swim through the air. Yeah, and they like come through the sky in like a big round portal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then things flake off of them.
Speaker 1: Yep, the little.
Speaker 2: Shippy things whatever they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are weird things. Yeah. Yeah, that was cool. But like they like and there's like a big old circle in the sky and the cloudy stuff, and then behind that.
Speaker 2: And they're trying to plug the whole. I don't know, they're trying to block that kick, block that kick.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: It's a joke. It's joke. I'll tell it to you sometimes, Okay.
Speaker 1: But you know, like inside of the circle where it like opens up the sky is this is a skyescape behind them with just stars and constellations and stuff like that. It's like they just came from the middle of nowhere space and they zoomed into our atmosphere.
Speaker 2: It's kind of cool. M Well, I think you've got the right categories. I think that's exactly the ones that I had kind of picked out. And I bet you if you did research, people would put them in that same kind of buckets.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And when I say people, I'm talking about people who investigate unidentified flying objects or UFOs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like nerds.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking of. I'm thinking of like Moufon, you know, the Mutual UFO network. Yeah, you know, they train their people to, you know, to basically use investigative techniques to try to find out if something is one of those categories.
Speaker 1: So they're the men in Black.
Speaker 2: No, Mofon would talk about the Men in Black. Mofon are just a bunch of people that are out trying to find you know, the truth about UFOs. Right so yeah, so no, the Men in Black are people that Moufon would try to interrogate or investigate.
Speaker 1: That could be a really fun weish just do a Men in Black episode.
Speaker 2: You know. I mean they've been around I think since like the nineteen fifties or thirties or something like that, a long time. But now that I.
Speaker 1: Don't know about Will Smith, but the other guy what was his name?
Speaker 2: Excellent question, and the answer you're looking for lies right here.
Speaker 1: He's probably been around a while, But I don't think Will Smith's been around since the fifties or No.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about actual reports of Men in Black around UFOs. I think that started in like the fifties. I read something today. I just can't remember what it was and wasn't well I was telling you that, but then I was thinking about the guy. Isn't that Tommy Lee Jones? Jones, Yeah, okay, yeah, so that was bringing into my head while I was trying to tell you the thing, and you know, I'm like, A, I don't have enough bandwidth to do three things at once in my brain, so it's short circuited there. This kind of yeah, fun but yeah, yeah, but they have those four categories, which are, you know, a missidified natural thing, a totally made up fictitious thing, a hoax.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be a made up fictitious thing?
Speaker 2: What were our four? Your first one was what misidentified.
Speaker 1: Misidentified normal airplane?
Speaker 2: Your second one was stuff.
Speaker 1: We don't know about in the government.
Speaker 2: Okay, secret government stuff. And the third one was hoax. And the fourth one is actually alien or some kind of outer space interdimensional being craft thing, extraterrestrial extraterrestrial spacecraft or something. So you know, I don't know what these things are, right, I think I think a lot of people I think it's a mix of maybe everything. The only thing I'm not sure of is if there really are interdimensional or interstellar kind of spacecrafts. So, I mean, you hear about all of these things, and people are seeing things all over. I mean, you go back to Roswell and you have this kind of cover up and then they say it was like a weather balloon. And then there was spacecraft and mostly they found bodies and they've been dissecting them in secret labs and you know, having autopsies all this weird stuff. And basically, I don't know if I can believe any of that. I want to believe that stuff, but I don't know if I can. And you know, when we talked about in our initial episodes, we talked about cattle mulations and we talked about the UFO connection to that, and then we talked about how people were seeing these like weird connections with Bigfoot, and we.
Speaker 3: Talked about maybe that they were like using cattle as surrogate mothers for the re in vitro fertilization of synthetic bodies for alien beings or something.
Speaker 2: I mean, we kind of.
Speaker 1: Went quite the theory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a really cool movie script, but you know, we did.
Speaker 1: A really b movie script, very.
Speaker 2: B movie but you know, honestly, I don't know, I don't know what to think about it and anyway, but I did run across this story that I thought was pretty cool. And this is called the Morristown UFO.
Speaker 1: Sidings Morristown huh yeah.
Speaker 2: And unlike some sightings you know that are like, you know, Roswell or whatever that was well in the past, this is something that occurred relatively new in like two thousand and nine recently, and it's something that was seen by thousands of people. It was reported by a whole host of like local, regional, and even national news sources.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, I mean it was something that was like, it was a big deal, and I'm.
Speaker 1: A little more credible than what you know, Hopkinsville in nineteen fifty five.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and this happened in Morristown, New Jersey in two thousand and nine. So basically what happened was people started calling in and this is on January fifth of two thousand and nine. People started calling into the police station in nine to one to one and saying, hey, we're seeing these floating red objects in the air and it's weird. We don't know what they are. And there's like four of them and they kind of are scattered, but then they kind of come into alignment and they're like moving weird and.
Speaker 1: What is it.
Speaker 2: The first call came in in Morris County at about where's Morris County. It's in New Jersey, New Jersey, New Jersey.
Speaker 1: So we got a bunch of guidos.
Speaker 2: At eight twenty eight in the morning, they get a calls like, hey, I'm seeing something floating around in the air, and then more calls came in. There was quite a few. And this is on January fifth, Okay, So anyway, the police department got involved. They called the local airport and they said, hey, we're seeing these things in the air. You haven't yet. It's the situation right exactly. Some of the workers at the air terminal went out and they could see the things in the air, and they tried to see if they were visible on the radar, and they were not. And as they looked at them, you know, they applied what kind of specialty they had as you know, air traffic controllers air traffic controllers. Yeah, but they estimated that these lights that were in the sky doing these weird interactions were about twenty five hundred feet in the air, so they were well out there, but they weren't appearing on the radar. And a lot of the regional and local news come, gosh, my brain.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean to help you?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: If I had to name a newspaper company in New Jersey, I'd call it News Jersey News Jersey.
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of the TV and local media companies kind of caught onto this and they wrote stories about it and stuff like that. And then they had these two guys that reported in an interaction with these lights. They said they were driving in their car and these lights zoomed over the top of them and then kind of took off into the sky. They're moving erradically and it kind of freaked them out. And these guys kind of became the face of these UFOs or whatever you want to call them. And their names were Joe Rudy and Chris Russo. So Rudy and Russo.
Speaker 1: Russo is a good name, yeap. So two guys just thinking like poly d Yeah, Russell just thinking a New Joysey. Yeah, Rudy and great.
Speaker 2: Rudy and Russo. But anyway, these guys brought driving around and these lights buzzed the car and they actually were quick on the draw, and they actually got some video of this thing. We were driving on Halver and all of a sudden, we see these lights literally zip.
Speaker 1: Over our car.
Speaker 2: They pulled over, grabbed Joe's camera and started shooting.
Speaker 4: The lights seemed to ascend and descend almost in a sequence.
Speaker 2: And their video kind of went viral, and their story went viral, and they found themselves in the news and all kinds of stuff. But meanwhile, other things were happening, like a moufon got involved with it. They started doing an investigation, the local stations started their own investigations, and eventually it was even picked up by Fox News. And partly that's because there was more than one siding. So the first one happened on January fifth. Well, on January twenty sixth, there was another siding, and multiple people called into the local police departments and reported these sidings again, and it kind of had people kind of freaking out a little bit. And then it happened again on January twenty ninth. Then it happened again on February seventh, and then on February twenty seventh, you know, twenty days later, was like the end all of these red craft flying around when nine of them were seen kind of doing weird formations off of the major highway and it was causing the cars to stop and pull over, kind of caused a little traffic jam. People were starting to get kind of nervous.
Speaker 1: So there were lots of witnesses to this. Yeah one, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: The regional news got bigger and bigger and move on. You know. They'd commented on it that it sounded like this, there's no way this could be an aircraft because aircraft have to have a red light on their wing, and these were obviously not aircraft. Something else is going on here. They had witnesses that said that the things would like look like they were just randomly scattered in the sky, and then all of a sudden they'd come into alignment and then they would disperse and then they just take off. It was, you know, it was a crazy deal and people in that area, we're a little freaked out. Oh yeah, And it became a media circus. So this is like in February when when this climaxed, all of these investigations start going on the local police departments in the different counties, and there were different counties like in Morriston, there was Hanover Township, Morris Planes, Madison, and floor harm Park. All of these cities had their own police departments and they were being inundated by calls about these strengths dots, right, and you could imagine people were seeing these things, and some of the reports were like, well, you know, maybe it's maybe it's like a lantern, one of those sky lanterns that are up there floating around, or I think the police chief or one of the lieutenants at Morristown actually is the one that said that, I think these things are like flares tied to.
Speaker 1: Helium balloons or something.
Speaker 2: Except for people were saying that they were obviously acting like they had some kind of intelligence and that they were connected because they would make formations in the sky.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: These two characters that initially reported this, Rudy and Russo, they ended up being on TV shows. They released a bunch of video that they had taken when the original spaceships of whatever they were, the UFOs buzzed their car. They became basically pretty famous, and everything was kind of at a heightened sense of alarm, and you know, people were trying to figure out what it was until and this happened in April. There's an until until on April first, a magazine came out with an article Skeptic Magazine. I wonder what that's about, and some contributors had written an article about how they had created a hoax to discredit ufologists. They said that ufology was basically a pseudoscience joke, and that people believe this stuff were crazy and childish, and that the whole idea of eyewitnesses and the reliability of those eyewitnesses was suspect. And those two characters were the same Russo and Rudy game. Two guys had gone out and created a giant hoax. It was all a hoax and news to New Jerseys. Derek Dennis found out why. Two guys from Morris County and get it, that's our top story.
Speaker 1: To tap out. Joe Rudy and Chris Russo used helium balloons and flares to make a point about UFO's a judge and Morris planes brought them back to earth on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: And they had taken all kinds of video showing the entire process of how they did it. To the credit of the lieutenant at the Morristown Police Department, he had it right. They were basically tying flares to helium.
Speaker 1: Balloons and letting them go crazy.
Speaker 2: And they had documented all of this stuff on video, and then in the magazine they had all kinds of links to it. In fact, if you look at up Morristown UFO hoax, you'll be able to see a lot of these things on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Yeah's take it out.
Speaker 2: It's pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny is we just had my son's, my youngest son's birthday party, and we bought a bunch of Mickey Mouse balloons. Yeah, and I actually thought, because they're all tied together, about putting little lights on each one, and we get those little led lives, putting little lights on them and just letting them go randomly were at night and seeing if people will freak out. I didn't do it because that's kind of littering, but I think that'd be hilarious. And then you bring this up, yeah, because we got all these balloons, and I'm like, oh, I should I should do see if I can freak people out. And then you're like, oh, it was just balloons.
Speaker 2: And so these two guys, Joe Rudy and Chris Russo had basically staged this whole thing, and they called it a social experiment. They were intentionally doing it with the sole purpose of discrediting the whole UFO of you know, scene phenomena, okay, And because of that, they were both praised and they were criticized. Like moufon the Mutual UFO Network criticized them not so much because they were doing something fake, because they want the truth. They don't want to report on something that's fake, but they criticized them for putting people and a property in jeopardy by having these flares flying through the sky. You never know where they're going to land. You know, they could have destroyed homes or property. Actually, you know, caused a problem. The police department was very upset because they wasted a lot of demand hours and trying to pull over on the freeway and exactly a lot of danger there. So as a consequence, they were arrested. They they originally you know, they nobody knew what they were going to be charged for, but they were eventually on April seventh, they both pled guilty to disorderly conduct and were each sentenced to fifty hours of community service and had to pay a two.
Speaker 1: Hundred and fifty dollars. Fine.
Speaker 2: Oh, now, these two guys kind of are infamous. Some people think they're, you know, are awesome because they exposed the pseudoscience of ufology. Other people think that they were a couple of hacks, and you know, basically our detriment to people who are actually trying to find the truth.
Speaker 4: There's nothing Chris and I could have done to disprove UFOs visiting Earth, but hopefully we maybe change a few people's minds at least got them to rethink. Next time they see lights in the sky, what could that be?
Speaker 1: Is it an alien?
Speaker 4: Or maybe is it two guys pulling off a prank in the woods?
Speaker 2: I don't know, what do you think?
Speaker 1: I think that's funny.
Speaker 2: It's kind of funny.
Speaker 1: You could just pick up on Russo and Ricky Robbie, Yeah, what was it? Rudy, Rudy and Russo. You just can't see him. They're holding a couple of bias. They just enjoying the day. And then, dude, did you get Facebook today? We got they watching them. We got so many views on this. Yeah, it'd be amazing and hyping each other up. They're like, let's do some steroids. They go to the gym and then hit the club.
Speaker 2: They probably made tons of money off of it because.
Speaker 1: They got all there, like two hundred and fifty dollars. Fine, yeah, I don't know, you think they offset that at least?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I kind of got me thinking about it. So, how many of the actual sightings that we see are hoaxes? I think it's a bigger percentage than we want to actually believe, especially if you're like me and want to be a believer.
Speaker 1: You mean, like the mainstream ones, like the ones on TV or.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you see them, tons of them. I mean, just look up UFO on YouTube and you'll see thousands, and obviously some of them are hoaxes. But the ones that are more realistic you still think are hoaxes. Go to Facebook, there are all kinds of groups and pages about UFOs and and you know, I don't know, I want to believe that there is some kind of weird thing going on, but at the same time, I just think people are weird and they have a lot of strange things going on all the time. So I mean, what's real? Why is it if let's just say case of argument, what if the majority, the vast majority of all of these things are hoaxes or disinformation.
Speaker 1: Okay, which I think is an accurate statement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's probably pretty accurate. So what does that do to things that kind of associate with UFOs, say things like our initial kickoffs, cattle mulations.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think it means people are really dedicated to their hoaxes.
Speaker 2: Or it means they're not willing to get that those things, the cattle mulations are basically from the same source, which means hoax, something natural, or some kind of government conspiracy misinformation campaign.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to think. I think for sure you can sum them up in the same buckets. It's people not knowing what they're looking at something, yeah, and then something weird happening and them not knowing about it just a lie, bold face lie, or actually something weird and nefarious happening.
Speaker 2: Well, satanic cults whatever, I mean, that's in there. That's like an unknown but it's kind of a conspiratorial kind of thing. And then you or you could have the government side. So why would the government be involved in the regimented and continual ongoing practice of mutilating cows and dropping their bodies out in the wilderness.
Speaker 1: I don't know, probably some kind of fetish.
Speaker 2: And why would they tie UFOs in with it, I don't know. I remember our I think it was our second installment of our podcast, and we talked about this place down in Utah where the police actually chased black Ops helicopters to the airport, and the helicopters actually had an apparatus that made them look like maybe they were some kind of disc shape m hm, and that they were intentionally trying to cover whatever they were doing with misinformation about it being a UFO, Because as soon as something becomes a UFO, then it's out there. It's not real. It's a bunch of crazy.
Speaker 1: Ways yead of like when Pippin says, the closer you are to danger, the farther you are from harm, The closer we out to danger, the further we out from harm. It's like, it's so outrageous, we'll never get caught. It's so ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Was Yeah, nobody's going.
Speaker 1: To nobody's going to come claim it.
Speaker 2: It can never go mainstream. And so I wonder about that, you know, as as I've kind of delved into this whole idea of UFOs and trying to put a realistic spin on it rather than maybe a sensational spin, which is where I want to go. You know, what is the reason behind UFOs and then what does that mean to other things we've talked about in the past. Since there has been an increase in cattle emulations and UFO sidings. I just read an article today. In fact, I've posted it on our group page and I think on our podcast facebook page. There has been a huge increase in UFO sidings in the last two years.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I mean, it's like people now, I hate to say, they believe in UFOs, but they expect to see UFOs.
Speaker 1: My son just turned to mm hmm. You think that's a coincidence.
Speaker 2: It could be there after my boy, I don't know. So, you know, my conspiratorial mind and then the furious nature of things, powers and principalities makes me wonder about what is coming now. You can think of it as like some kind of government conspiracy that's trying to basically condition us so that if something really weird does happen, then people, you know, will just buy.
Speaker 1: It, They'll accept it.
Speaker 2: COVID COVID, What if an alien suddenly appeared in Washington.
Speaker 1: D C.
Speaker 2: What if Joe Biden comes out saying, here's my buddy Ralph from some you know, distant galaxy.
Speaker 1: People would probably be like, Okay, Joe, we get it, you're crazy.
Speaker 2: Your line dog face pony soldiers.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, you know, I'd just be up to his normaleotypical personality.
Speaker 2: But you know, if you think about the way we've been conditioned for the last fifty years, and just say in entertainment alone, the kind of movies that are out and have been out forever, like for everything from the War of the Worlds all the way through Star Wars, and now we've got all these movies with in the Marvel Universe and all of these beans that come from another planet like Superman. It makes you wonder what would really happen if something extraterrestrial or interdimensional did show up. Could people make the leap? You know?
Speaker 1: I think in our current climate, people would definitely just be like, oh yeah, that's crazy. It would be like a big sensational thing. But I think it maybe they get celebrated. I don't think there'd be like mass suicides. And this isn't what I do is grown up because we, like you said, we've been conditioned for it. It's like, yeah, I bet you. It's pretty unanimous. Most people would agree that there's a chance that there's not just us in the whole universe. Yeah, yeah, in all of eternity.
Speaker 2: You know what, it reminds me of that scene and what was that Independence Day? And what did people do when they showed up. I mean there were people that went out and they were holding up banners and signs and getting on the roof like welcome, take me home.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of wonder if that's probably pretty accurate. I think a lot of people would celebrate, well, the idea that we aren't alone, and it would be like a big party type.
Speaker 1: How many cults are just built on like some spaceship or intergalactic thing or comment coming down and taking us all with them to go join another verse or whatever they want to call it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The basic idea of Heaven's Gate was that you would chemically and biologically transform your body, becoming a next level alien, and then you would physically get on board the UFO which would sail off it to Heaven.
Speaker 1: It says Heaven's Gate Away Teeth thirty nine to beam up. It's like, yeah, it's a pretty common thing just to have this idea. And it makes sense because you look up at the sky at night and there's just dots and they're floating around in a black void. There's no way my insignificance in the world, in the universe is the only significance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Okay, okay, let's rod another thing here, since we're kind of delving into the subject a little bit. So you look at at religion and you look at the imagery and cosmology of what is going to happen in end times, and you have basically that kind of scenario a mothership coming and taking away people.
Speaker 1: In some religions, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like in Christianity they call that kind of thing the rapture, right, where all of a sudden, you know, God shows up and everybody that believes in God gets taken away. Pop, they're gone, right, And then you also have in other religions there's going to be some big, huge revelation where this messiah person will show up and that will fix everything through a time of chaos and turmoil. It's just really weird. It's almost like these alien, alien creatures or UFOs or whatever are going to come and all of a sudden, we're going to be face to face with something that's otherworldly.
Speaker 1: That's totally true. That's exactly there's no doubt about it. If something came to our planet just randomly, it would change our life. It would change the world completely in this second, And we don't have things like that typically, like the nuclear bomb, maybe Hiroshima going off maybe kind of had a similar effect, But even like like terrorist attacks that we've had nine to eleven, yeah, nine to eleven, they don't have the same effect globally of just what the f Yeah, you know, everybody in the world would have Yeah, the world would have the same collective mind of what.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There wouldn't be just like, oh no, we did that, or all people are terrible, how could they? It would be just what.
Speaker 2: The record think about this for for half a second. Never before in history and time has there been the ability to instantaneously broadcast to every corner of the Earth, right to stream information from one side of the planet to the other of something that happened. So if an alien landed in Washington, DC on the Capitol Building, it would instantly be known by every corner of the planet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. It's you take COVID, right, and how what impactful that was to us? I mean Italy and all these places just shut down and people are dying and all kinds of crazy things. And even in places where COVID wasn't a big deal, they're putting masks out. And if it was something that was like so defined, like we have a new species of dinosaur running around and so t Rex found in Australia, it would be like the world would just be like what everywhere? Heck, And then if you put alien into the mix, something from another planet has come down and landed and tried to talk with us on the White House lawn, everything would just stop. I don't think COVID would exist anymore. If an alien landed on the White.
Speaker 2: House one from page.
Speaker 1: Anymore, everything would just be like over the entire world. People would probably celebrate. It'd be a national holiday, international holiday. It'd be the biggest thing ever.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. Well, you know, I always thought about that, like from my religious background, right, they always talk about Jesus coming back again and every eye will see right, and it's like, well that's a possibility, and okay, so replace the name of Jesus with alien man or or something like that. If something, someone, some being showed up outside of what is expected, so outside of our time space continuum, outside of our dimension, outside of our inner space and outer space, then it would be everywhere. Instantly, all eyes would be glued to it. We would be wondering what the heck is going on? I mean, okay, so maybe it wasn't a person. Maybe it's an object. What was that movie with Kennel Reeves? It was a remake? Do you remember that Can Reeves in it? Oh no, no, no, no, it was a it was It wasn't. It wasn't John Wick. That's like totally opposite.
Speaker 1: It's kind of the same. The aliens come down and they see how much one guy is willing to do for his dead dog, and they have mercy on the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm scanning through his movies right now. You will know it. As soon as I say it, you'll be going, oh yeah, oh, here it is the day the Earth stood still.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: So that one's about, you know, basically what we're talking about. This spacecraft lands in Central Park and this guy in a black kennel reeves gets out and basically falls in love with his lady or a lady kind of helps him or whatever. Because of humankind being so just destructive and filled with evil and violence, they're going to destroy the Earth, or at least all the humans on the Earth on the planet. And anyway, she by her actions stops him.
Speaker 1: What are you saying, If the Earth dies, you die. If you die, the Earth survives.
Speaker 4: There are only a handful of planets in the cosmos that are capable of supporting complex life.
Speaker 2: This one can't.
Speaker 1: Be allowed to perish.
Speaker 2: We can change, We could still turn things around.
Speaker 1: We've waited and hoped that you would change.
Speaker 2: Please, it's reached.
Speaker 1: The tipping point.
Speaker 2: We have to act well, undo the damage you've done and give the Earth a chance to begin again.
Speaker 3: Please, we could change.
Speaker 1: We can change. The decision is made, the process has begun.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but it was that kind of thing, you know, the day the Earth stood still, that's what would happen. The Earth would stand still. Yeah, all eyes, all ears. I mean you think like the media conferences that we have now about COVID or even when nine to eleven happened. I mean, those things captivated the world for what two or three days, ten days? Maybe COVID's been a couple of years, but you know, people hate it. I wonder my conspiratorial brain says, are we headed towards something? Are we headed towards some kind of and maybe it will even be some kind of big, fake, big hoax that somebody's open, somebody's trying to pull over somebody else's eyes, right, or maybe it'll be something real. I don't know, but these UFO side it's going to make me think about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is weird. I think the UFO thing just kind of opens up a whole conversation about every conspiracy, but in a different way because I think, like, what is the word? Is it zeitgeist? Because that's right? Yeah, does that mean like the collective mind of people's subconscious I don't know what zeitgeist mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking it up. The general beliefs, ideas and spirit of a time and place, or the general intellectual, moral, and cultural climate of an era, and I.
Speaker 1: Think a spot on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's another section. This is from Merriam Webster. Did you know scholars have long maintained that each era has a unique spirit, a nature, or climate that sets it apart from all other epochs. In German, such a spirit is known as zeitgeist, from the German from the German words zeit meaning time and geist meaning spirit or ghost like culter geist, ghost knocking ghosts. Yeah, so I think you used that correctly.
Speaker 1: I think I did a good shop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what were you saying about that? Crickets?
Speaker 1: I don't remember. Do you remember what I was saying? My train of thought?
Speaker 2: You were saying that zeitgeist, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I was talking about the because we have this idea that there are other things in our zeitgeist, and it's kind of socially accepted that you can think that if something did happen, it would be like a global change, but not like the end of the world.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be Yeah, you know what's kind of interesting. I think I know what you're saying is that the climate of the world isn't so regional anymore, especially in the terms of potential UFOs or supernatural aliens or visitors from outer space. But the zeitgeist of that is that you know, that could be something that may happen, So people don't I don't know if they'd freak out like, you know, they would have maybe one hundred years ago.
Speaker 1: They'd just be there, you know, waiting with open arms, a fistful of sanitary masks and a bottle of hand sanitizer or welcome to Earth. Sorry.
Speaker 2: So then that makes me think about from our Strange Gods conversations that we've had, is is this something that has happened before. I mean we talked about I think we talked about how the women of old mate it with creatures that were of a different kind of flesh and they created these super beings called the nephilim.
Speaker 1: Oh and yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, so there you have this kind of weird thing. So maybe this is something that's not unique or new, maybe it's already happened before. But anyway, that takes it down a whole different rabbit trail. I want to pull it back because you know, I talked a little bit about a UFO is being tied to the cattle mutilation phenomena, and I think since we kicked off our initial episodes of the podcast, the first ones that we did about cattle mulations, I'd like to kind of go back there and visit that topic. It's a good tying point because we're talking about UFOs, and we're talking about the conspiracies that potentially is behind UFOs, And now maybe we could carry that insight back to our original topic of cattle mulations and maybe do a little uh digging on the more recent events, which there have been quite a few new cattle mulations throughout the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was weird, like right when we started doing the cattle Mutilations episode, the first ones, and we had a rough go because it was like our first try podcast, you know stuff.
Speaker 2: I thought it was pretty good. I mean, I'd give a lot agrees because we were not podcasters.
Speaker 1: We're not solid two and a half stars out.
Speaker 2: But unless you're poly sixty four, unless.
Speaker 1: You're probably then it's seventeen minutes of our life completely waste. Every good back cer Anyway, Polly is going to be just the name for people who don't like me.
Speaker 2: Now, I know it's our Karen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the a strange thing. Karen is a Polly Polly want cracker. Anyway, at a point and we got distracted with the Polly thing original thing. I think it's kind of cool or weird or something. How we kicked off with our cattle mulation stuff and you know, we had it was a little rougher because we had our first couple episodes in that realm. It's a little bit of a rough realm to get into anyway. But then as soon as we started talking about it, and maybe it was because it was in our own personal zeitgeist, but it was like, all of a sudden, there's all these cal mulations around.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it was actually true, like right after we started, there were those cattle mulations in organ Yeah, which was really weird. It was like it happened like honestly, like the day after right right when we started talking about it, new cattle mulations, and they hadn't I hadn't heard about any of them for probably ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. That's the weird thing. That's what I'm saying. I don't know if it's because we are a little more aware and open to it, no, but that's your opinion. But you were aware and open to it, So I'm just playing the bias that, you know, just kind of.
Speaker 2: I can guarantee you there hadn't been any reports in the local newspapers of cattle mulations for probably a decade, and then they're on front page news because.
Speaker 1: My point is mutilated org my point testicles off what the my point lift off. My point is that because you know, we started with that, then we saw it almost immediately, and now it's kind of been like trick consistently. It seems like since we talked about it. And that's where I wonder if it's because we're aware of it and we got lucky with the Oregon thing because it was closer. Well, it seems like there's just stuff kind of popping up constantly.
Speaker 2: During that same time, I was contacted by a friend of mine who was in local law enforcement and told me about two cattle mutilations that took place close to where we live in this county. In fact, just a few weeks ago, I got on my motorcycle and rode some really horrible roads out to this remote blm land area where they have open range for cows and saw this site where there had been three cattle deaths. Two of them were obviously mutilations. And for those of you who haven't heard about cattle mulations, they usually have some tailtale signs that tie them together that make them something that's unique and cattle mulation rather than you know, just natural deaths. But we'll talk about that. I think we should talk about that in our next episode. I think we should jump back in there, go from UFOs, take UFO sidings in with cattle mulation findings, and do an episode just kind of to bring people up to date with like the new stuff that's been going on with cattle mulations. But anyway, yeah, let's do that. I mean, we've been talking for a long time. We should probably get out of this episode and the next one we'll hit cattle mulations.
Speaker 1: And you think there's any cattle mutilations up in Idaho City, I'm sure there have been. We should figure that out and go investigate it, and also well deer.
Speaker 2: The interesting thing about cattle mulations is that or mutilations in general, is that they're not all cattle. If there is some kind of deep, dark secret behind these that's more say, conspiratorial nefarious, then you know what could that be. I want to get into that a little bit, because that would also include mutilations of other creatures such as deer. Maybe the reasons why I'll see a UFOs around these sides of cattle emulations tie them maybe together a little bit, at least as a hypothesis, blots hypothesize.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, sounds good.
Speaker 2: So why don't you close this out and then we'll just get on with it next time.
Speaker 1: Well, if you don't feel uncomfortable when talking about the planner workings of Hamburger, try tip state rear boots stuff like that. Then join us next time for some cold drinks and some super strange conversation.
Speaker 2: Absolutely taters,