Speaker 1: The Chile Effect is sponsored by Wallstreet, Windows dot com and listeners liking.
Speaker 2: Yeah now bestava adiou.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 4: So it's the seventeenth day of April twenty twenty six, allegedly according to that thing we call a calendar, this the o'celli Effect. You they're hearing it, probably not live, but some people do hear the podcast.
Speaker 3: However, if you.
Speaker 4: Are hearing us live on the radio streams, I would appreciate you a lot more if you called in and participated be the show, be the effect.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, you can be part of this by dialing three one nine five two seven five zero one six. That's three one nine five two seven five zero one six, and you can join into this. I'm live with my co hos B Pete and like I said, it's Friday night.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Before I go any further, you know, I offered a thing out there that if you guys, nobody's been paid for memberships at the site now since July, I lost a lot of revenue. And July is my you know, PayPal deactivation time. Matter of fact, the funny thing is they did it to me on the fourth of July.
Speaker 3: I believe. But anyways, you know, here here it is, And I said, you know, nobody's paid for memberships over there.
Speaker 4: And tell you what, I'll open the memberships to the whole public if somebody kicks in fifty bucks. And you know what, I got zero responses, zero retweets or reposts or anything, and nobody stepped up to do it.
Speaker 3: So anyway, that's out there.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'll just cancel all the memberships and I don't know, hide more stuff behind the paywall until somebody asked me about.
Speaker 3: Paying for it again. I guess anyway, it is what it is. It was what it was, and I'm still doing that.
Speaker 4: So I've got my cash app link out there and missus O's PayPal at lunar Rosa candles. If you want to contribute to well my well being, then that works, continuation and all of that. Now, this week, I have been thanking some people, and I do have a very short list of individuals that did kick in at some point recently. So I just want to note that, first of all, my cost did that. Secondly, Ed from out West did that, Danny from CALLI did that, and of course let's see regular Joe tossed in a couple of bucks as well. Now regular Joe was mia last night. I was going to go live with him and bring him back because he's having an interesting musical career right now, and I wanted to talk to everybody about it and tell you how well he's doing. He barely has time to listen to the show and talks to me every once in a while off air. But Joe's a great guy and I want to check in with him and see how it goes. His band is called White Trash, I believe, and uh yeah, they're they're in Kentucky and they're doing pretty good.
Speaker 3: So I want to talk to.
Speaker 4: Him, maybe play some tracks or play some audio some kind on the show. Oh but I couldn't find him last night, So it is what it is. Anyway, anybody can call in three one nine five two seven five zero one six. And now that I'm done with that and we actually started on time, b Pete, how you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing good, but I'm a little ticked off right now. Just found out a show I'm going to try to go see down your Way in August has been canceled.
Speaker 4: M okay, well what kind of show? And uh what We're you gonna go to Atlanta? Because you know, we do have this performance center here in Macon. Were you gonna come down to Macon or Atlanta?
Speaker 2: No, it's a State Farm Arena where the Hawks play in Atlanta. Oh okay, but it was the North American part of uh Idol's tour from Korea. And they've played Atlanta twice, I believe, and had a pretty good turnout. But from what I'm seeing on Twitter, and I'm at the State Farm Arita now and I can't get their damn concerts up. Apparently everything has been canceled. Ooh and State Fam Arena doesn't show anything past May nineteenth. This is supposed to be in August.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, well yeah, let me calendar.
Speaker 4: When I lived in Jersey, we had the PNC Bank Art Center. It was called at one point, but previously to PNC Bank slap and its name on it, it was just called the Garden State Arts Center or the New Jersey Arts Center.
Speaker 3: In Home Deel, New Jersey.
Speaker 4: Home Del's a weird place in Jersey. It's like actually a split town. It's like in four places on the map, really really weird town. But anyway, part of it has this arena type you know, art center outdoors pretty cool and everything. Now most people bought their tickets from like, you know, Ticketmaster or what was the other thing? There was Ticketmaster and Ticketron. I don't know if ticket tron is still exist, but Ticketmasters they.
Speaker 2: Got bought out. But now it's it's uh Ticketmaster and Live Nation.
Speaker 3: Oh, Live Nation, right, I've heard that a lot. Live Nation.
Speaker 4: But like they handle tickets for everything, ticket tron or not ticket Tron ticket ticket Master excuse me, uh ticket in the past again, but yeah, they handle tickets for everything. But I used to be able to buy my tickets from the art centers, uh, for you know, for shows I wanted to go to. And most of the time, I mean they had a lot of the major tours and a lot of the uh like older artists that could no longer fill a stadium, but they were like just a step down from stadium, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: And also they had osbest there every year. But I could buy my tickets straight from the art center. Can you buy them from or did they just flat out cancel? Or can you buy tickets from the uh what did you call it? The State Farm?
Speaker 2: Good? Yeah, I can you can go there. It says events and tickets and has got their stuff listed that's coming up for the next two months. But when you go to their calendar in August, they've got Mumford and Sons listed on the fourth, but on the eighth they've got nothing. And this has been announced. Oh crap, it's been announced two months of all the dates. I mean, they're gonna hit Texas, Atlanta, California, Philly, I.
Speaker 5: Think, you know.
Speaker 2: So they they had a like a ten stop North American tour. This will be their third time they've come over, and now all of a sudden everything is canceled.
Speaker 4: So like a major city airport kind of tour where you know, any place that has a travel hub. Uh, they're gonna stop in you know, like you said, New York, Philly. Right, they probably do Chicago, they would do La they might do Las Vegas, they do Dallas, then they'd go and swing around to Atlanta, that kind of thing. Maybe they circle, you know, make a circle around the country. But either way, I mean, it's definitely major travel hub tour. And all they had was ten dates for this what is it called it? I'm sorry, I'm not up on the.
Speaker 2: Well, they're doing a world tour. They've already started. They went to they went to Taiwan, they went to Bangkok. They're going getting ready to go to Australia. I think they're going to do one in Japan, and then they they always break up. They do North American tour, then they have some Sometimes they'll hit a couple of cities like uh, well Mexico would be yeah. See, they had one scheduled here. They were supposed to go to Hamilton, Ontario, Newark, New Jersey, Philly, Atlanta, Orlando, San Antonio, Mexico City, Los Angeles, Oakland, and finish in Seattle. Okay, all of that's been canceled.
Speaker 4: Well that's a little more than the major hubs. Then that's actually a full blown you know, many city tour. It's not like going to every state.
Speaker 6: But yeah, yeah, okay, good, yeah, it's I mean, and what they've done from the first tour to the second tour, you know, they had planned cities and the second tour, this tour, they concentrated on the cities where they do excellent on ticket sales.
Speaker 2: They're guaranteed to fill in, you know, an arena. Okay, so that's how. But they added Ontario this year. They've been to Mexico City before with Music Bank, which is a Korean entertainment like network, TV station blah blah blah. But they will put on concerts all over the world. They did one in Mexico City two years ago and Idol played in that show as part of Music Bank, and that's just to bring K pop artists to different parts of the world that they don't normally would go to on a regular tour. So, I mean they came to Mexico City and they just cleaned house. You know, they had an excellent show. So they added it to the North American tour this year really and it would be successful.
Speaker 4: So they all the Yeah, so they went to all the major places where they knew they could sell out. This time, they planned those out and they've added more. But what the last time they were in Mexico City, what you're saying is it was sort of like, you know, an MTV tour when MTV cared about music, remember that they used to have. I mean, they had the Warped tour, but they had other tours that were like the MTV tours that got artists to go on tour that didn't necessarily have their own tour. Apparatus individually, but they would go out in groups, you know, like I said, like Warped and all that stuff when it was still big, and then they added other attractions to it. But so you're saying they did something like that, but this time they were probably just coming through on their own because on their own strength, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they've they've done They've had their last two tours here were successful. I mean, you know they were they sold tickets, they filled places, so a very successful tour and it's been two years since they've been here. I don't know, it just it's disappointing, especially since we find out from people getting messages from who have bought tickets that the show has been canceled and information for refunds, but no announcement from Cube Entertainment or from idol okay, and they both have I mean, they both have Twitter accounts.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: The least they could do is put some word out there when you cancel ten cities in North America.
Speaker 4: Hmm, okay, and and you follow all their stuff, so they haven't.
Speaker 3: It's not like you missed.
Speaker 2: Something or anything, right, Yeah, it would have come up in the seed.
Speaker 3: Are they one of the you know, just just got of curiosity.
Speaker 4: I mean, is it possible that they are being told by some other entity they're being canceled and they haven't gotten to it yet.
Speaker 3: Is that a possibility or.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: They just showed the listings off of ticket I think it's a off ticket Master, and at one time they showed eight out of ten canceled, and then somebody came back with an update they just get the only two that were left was one of the was the Atlanta show and another one. So thought, oh okay, well maybe they're changing their schedule and at least they'll get Atlanta. But no, now it's not even on the calendar at State Farm Arena.
Speaker 3: Hum, well, that's definitely weird.
Speaker 4: I don't know, you know, yeah, I mean obviously my information is kind of outdated on a lot of this stuff because I haven't gone to shows in a long long time.
Speaker 2: Well, there was just people are asking questions. This has got something to do with the lawsuit at Live Nation and ticket Mester just got nailed with on galluting people for tickets, extra fees and things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I was just thinking actually that you know, Kid Rock went to Trump at some point and was actually beefing about this, and I don't know, you know, if it's got anything to do with this lawsuit, but he was asking in the first Trump administration for help, you know, getting this addressed because he felt like, you know, his fans are being ripped off and whatever else, you know, and obviously a lot of people were going to you know, Trump for favors and such.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: A big one, it says here says the US Department of Justice and forty States filed an anti trust lawsuit against Live Nation Entertainment and Ticketmaster, alleging that they have unlawfully monopolized the live event market, harming consumers and artists. The lawsuit seeks to restore competition and improving the ticketing experience for fans and performers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wrote about this just the other day.
Speaker 4: Right, And that has been a major complaint for a while, is that. Look, you know, Ticketmaster is charging a lot of money, and the amount that's actually come back right you know, to the artist is not you know, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Like Ticketmasters is making a fortune off of everybody's tickets. And they've had some other unfair practice issues where you know, some people. I mean, it used to be you had to go to a machine and somebody would literally have to print out the ticket on a machine, right, an official ticket master machine, like a lottery machine almost.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what.
Speaker 4: It's like now with the digital age. I mean, things are crazy. Things happen faster, you know. And there's there's been a couple of different scandals with you know, bootleg tickets being made and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But here's the lowdown on the court case. It says the lawsuit was officially filed in May of twenty twenty four US District Court for the Southern District of New York. The trial began on March second, twenty twenty six, and a settlement was reached shortly after on March ninth, twenty twenty six. However, the lawsuit's core claims continue to be litigated. Some of the details in the agreement is live. Nation has agreed to several changes, including divesting exclusive booking of agreements with amphitheaters, capping ticket service fees, and fifteen percent allowing venues to distribute tickets to other primary ticketing marketplaces. Right, and there's an eight year extension on the consent degree with the DOJ, So they'll be watching them for eight years. And that's about all of the details I've got so far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now see, there's your major problems though, is that they were going above fifteen percent. They were gouging people, man, I mean it was a little brutal. Like if you're paying twenty percent of your ticket. I know it might not sound like much to some people, but on one hundred dollars ticket, you know, if off the top twenty of that goes to Ticketmaster, plus you have to get it through Ticketmaster or whatever, you know, it gives them like an exclusivity. That's a little unfair because the venue themselves, Like I told you before we went to air I used to be able to buy stuff from the venue itself, and I don't know if you know, if you could even do that anymore.
Speaker 5: They do well, they what they have done.
Speaker 2: I've noticed this on some places the venue will contract with Live Nation, okay, or the venue will contract with ticketman Master, So even if you go to the arena and buy them there, then you're still it's directing you to a Ticketmaster section of their website and you're actually transacting through Ticketmaster or Live nation one or the other.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, you know that's fine and dandy.
Speaker 4: But on the other hand, I read stories a few years back about how they weren't allowing like if somebody wanted to do a cheap show, Like let's just say, you know, you're at a fairground and you wanted to charge ten bucks a ticket, and you want to get a massive audience in there, and you want to give people a cheap show, and that's you know, that's like nineteen ninety four club price for ten bucks.
Speaker 3: It's a door charge, right.
Speaker 4: If you wanted to do that, Like, Ticketmaster wouldn't allow it, Like they would not allow you to discount your ticket, even if they are going to take their percentage, because it then becomes like a big old pain in the neck for them because they're like complaining about the credit cards or whatever, because you know, everything's got to be done digitally, so it's all credit and debit cards and PayPal and whatnot. So you know, they were like, well, we're not going to let you charge too little for your shows. You know, like if you wanted to make a general admission for twenty five bucks or whatever up to a certain capacity, they wouldn't let you do it because it was too small, you know, like Okay, in Jersey again they would play and they would you know, concerts would happen in Giants Stadium, so you had an option where they're seating all around Giants Stadium. But then they could like let you know, the field be open, right obviously not during football season because it would probably take it forever to repair it after you know, concert goes destroyed the joint, right, But but like you couldn't. It was like difficult to get them to agree to let you sort of fill the football.
Speaker 2: Field with people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So like, yeah, it was like either put in seating so that we can assign it or otherwise you can't do it.
Speaker 7: I mean.
Speaker 4: And oz festk got away with it because you know, first of all, was Sharon Osborne and she was representing you know, twenty artists going to play, right, so you know it's an all day event. They had a little more muscle behind them.
Speaker 3: But if you were like an.
Speaker 4: Individual and you had like an independent booking agent or whatever, and you know you had your own people, apparently Ticketmaster was like dictating way too many terms to people's events.
Speaker 3: And don't forget.
Speaker 4: They don't just do big events. I mean they sell tickets to comedy shows and everything. I mean, I don't know if they do movies. I think that's only what is that fandango or does that still exist? Just bean diego, I haven't want a ticket that way.
Speaker 3: Either at all.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I haven't been to a movie. I have not been to a movie theater since Passion of the Christ was out.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, okay, so even longer than me. I mean it's been many years for me too. But I just I would show up at a movie theater and buy a ticket. And that's the other thing.
Speaker 3: A lot of concert venues used to be able to.
Speaker 4: Just show up right and they would have tickets at the box office.
Speaker 3: If it wasn't sold out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it wasn't sold out, you can get them at the door.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But you know, and sometimes listen, you were rolling the dice because you know, maybe the place did sell out even though they didn't announce on the radio or whatever, that you know, the show you.
Speaker 3: Wanted to see has sold out.
Speaker 4: But sometimes right up close to showtime, you could actually get a good deal because these guys would go listen. Yeah, I'd rather sell a fifty dollars ticket for twenty bucks than nothing, So they would say.
Speaker 2: No discount tickets, Yeah, go ahead. Yeah that When ticket tron was was still in business, there were shoes where these people. When they first went with online ticket sales in the late nineties early two thousands, people were complaining that they would wait in a queue to get tickets and the best tickets would be sold because they weren't limiting the number of tickets, and scalpers would buy you one hundred seats and if you wanted your ticket, you went down to the venue the day of the concert and you had to start dealing with scalpers. And now they've got the resale markets on. If I'm not mistaken, I think ticket Master it's one of them, has got a resale market there. So they're making money off letting people buy groups of tickets. Then they're getting another cut when the person resells the ticket.
Speaker 5: There was a court case a few years back.
Speaker 2: I forget who was sue and who, but it was over that resale that people were selling tickets. You know, Taylor Swift goes on, tickets get sold out in a matter of two minutes, you know online, right and then the resale market starts. So you have people are that would normally pay one hundred dollars for a ticket that are now paying five thousand dollars for a ticket. Oh and the company that was doing that was they were getting it twice. They were getting their percentage off the initial sale, then they were getting a higher percentage off the resale, so they were promoting resale. So they had a reason to sell somebody two hundred tickets to the Swatch.
Speaker 4: Right, And it really became a problem because they doubled up on their money at the source. Plus the consumer would wind up going on like eBay or something, or one of these other things like a stub hub or there's a couple of different resale services where you know, hey, just tell us what event you want to go to, we might have tickets for you, right, And it doesn't matter if it's a you know, a sporting event or it's a concert or whatever. Some of those places are designed for people to sell their own tickets, right, And it's supposed to be an individual who's like, you know, listen, I got two tickets to this, or I got five tickets to this, and turns out I can't go right, so you know, like you don't want to cut that guy off from reselling them, but not at a like, you know, five hundred times profit or whatever. You know, one hundred dollar ticket, like you said, could be five grand by the time you get it.
Speaker 3: And that's why I heard these horror stories about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people paid sixteen hundred dollars to go to a concert, and I'm like, yeah, I don't think there is a concert I would pay sixteen hundred freaking dollars to go see. But okay, you know, even if I had it to spend, which I don't, which is why I'm you know, asking you guys to contribute to my well being, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not going to spend it on a concert ticket. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what else I forgot to mention is that I am sending out little thank you gifts to the handful of supporters who do kick in at this time.
Speaker 3: I'm going to extend that in the next.
Speaker 4: Week if anybody does bother to kick in, because I appreciate it, and I want to send everybody a very simple, customized present in the mail, Okay, And That's what I've been doing. B Pete kind of has a hit about it because he's got one on his way. But I don't want him to talk about it because I want you guys to be surprised by what it is I send you. And so I'm sending little gifts even physically in the mail and giving shout outs on the show to everybody who's supporting me at this time, all the way into next week. I'll keep that up up until the Friday night live show. And that's the way it is anyways. And you got to give me your address so I can mail it to you. Even if I had your address in the past, I probably don't have it anymore because I don't store people's information purposely, So you know, you'll have to make a donation and provide me with the mailing address that's valid, and I will mail something to you. And you know I've had troubles in the past, like mailing stuff to Jimmy James, but and and Jimmy, even though you didn't contribute recently, I did send you a little something in the mail. Anyway, it's on its way, so hopefully it gets there, because I don't know you've missed out before. But anybody else who wants something like that yeah, you got to make a contribution like now between now and next next Friday, which would be what the twenty fourth of April. Okay, So anyway back to it though, it's a whole maze of problems though, where there's all these middlemen getting involved when you have an artist that you know, does their thing, They've.
Speaker 3: Got their people, they've got their tour group. Whatever. It's a show, it's a combined show. It's a festival.
Speaker 4: I mean it's the you know, the Rolling Stones for the eightieth time whatever, or it's a comedy festival, or it's a Is there any other like music.
Speaker 3: Festivals that are touring at this point? I don't even know.
Speaker 2: No. And see that's just it. Idol had had scheduled to come here to They're still scheduled to play Lollapaloosa in Chicago in July and then they were going to kick off start there, go from Chicago up to Ontario and start their tour and loop around the US all the way back up to Washington State and go so nice.
Speaker 4: Okay, well oh well yeah, I mean I have you know, I know nothing about the music, but you know, be pizza into K pop stuff, so he knows about it. But you know, frankly, there just hasn't been too many people touring that I wanted to see. I wanted to see Kevin Smith's tour like a couple of years ago, and there was like a VIP package and he was going to like do the premiere of Clerks three and uh and and do a live for you know, appearance here in Atlanta. But by the time I even like approached being able to, like I looked at the cost of it. It was too much and I'd have to travel well to Atlanta and everything else.
Speaker 3: I didn't go. Somebody offered to buy me a ticket, but never did it. So what was I gonna do?
Speaker 4: You know, I would love to see And we have a performing arts place here for like, you know, probably like CE tier musicians in making because you know, they've actually worked on this arena over here or whatever. It's called some sort of performance center in town, which is interesting. And if anything ever comes near me and goes to that performance center, I'll be happy to check in on it.
Speaker 3: But you know, anyway, Springsteen is touring.
Speaker 2: He Springsteen, Bruce Springsteen is touring, and I've read a couple of negative reviews about his show where you know, for two and a half hours he wants to lecture everybody on politics between every song, and people are just getting tired of It's like, look, you know, we didn't come here for this. We came here to see, you know, see Bruce Springsteen perform. So that's kind of ruffled some feathers, especially at the prices that he's charging.
Speaker 3: Shut up and play Glory Days, Your bastard pretty much right.
Speaker 2: You know, really I can hear yeah, your bastard.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, Okay, let's listen.
Speaker 4: These these guys, they get full of themselves with you know, I don't even care what Springsteen's politics are, but dude, you know, and nobody wants to hear it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: If you want to do that, you hold a political event, not a concert, you know what I mean. Hold a political event, see if people will buy tickets for that. You go on a lecture tour exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know it's true.
Speaker 2: You don't do it in the middle of my concert, you know, because I would get up and walk out and demand my money back as soon as I get the door.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But the thing is you'll never get your money back, so you either Yeah, you're either gonna sit there and take it, or you're gonna leave and miss out on something you'll be paid for anyway. Now, is he affected by this Ticketmaster issue?
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 5: I hope so?
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I hope so.
Speaker 2: I hope you have to. I hope you have to refund the bunch of money because they've been gouging people on tickets for too damn long.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but see out look, in this case, it's not the artist's fault, though. It's there's a whole industry designed to, you know, bend you over when it comes to concert tickets, you know, and it's been there.
Speaker 2: Pertective artissess the price. But that's just it though in these nowadays, the way artists are, especially people like spring Steen has been around forever and can charge a premium charge, it's they set the price. In fact, Taylor Swift got in a big argument with someone or maybe it was Live Nation, about the pricing on her shows and she said, no, I want to keep it down to here, she says, because you know the resale market they're going to be up to here, so I want to keep them as low as possible. And they almost didn't come to an agreement on her last tour. From what I understand, Yeah, she was trying to keep the price down right.
Speaker 4: So when you say artists control the prices, I did agree they don't because these organizations will turn around and push against them that they want to see. That's what Kid Rock was complaining about, is that if he wanted to do a cheap tour, they wouldn't allow it. Like it was like not possible to get it done. So, you know, the artists try to set the price, you know, they make a suggestion, but ultimately that industry screws it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Well that also depends on who which record company they're contracted to. A lot of times it's the record company that won't allow him to do the cheap tour.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I mean.
Speaker 5: It's a mix of things.
Speaker 2: Not everybody controls every aspect of it, but the artist does have a lot of pull on what the price is going to be. Now they're gonna set the artist knows how much they've got to pull per ticket sale to make the concert successful because they don't want to lose money. But then you've got the record company that throws their pre on there. You've got the ticket company that throws their premium on there. You've got the venue that throws their premium on there because they got to clean up all this crap. When everybody's left, everybody has to make a profit. And unfortunately, when you throw that snowball together, it's so damn big sometimes that that's why you're paying three four hundred dollars for a ticket.
Speaker 4: Crazy, right, But the thing is that theoretically, if an artist wanted to do like a break even kind of tour, it doesn't seem like they're allowed to, you know what I mean, because everybody by the time all that addition has had and some of it's unfair. Look, everybody deserves the you know, to be able to make some money and be able to pay their expenses, for sure, anybody who's involved. Although, to be honest with you, a lot of times in the music industry that used to go south on a lot of different people, and it just seemed like only certain people were allowed to make money.
Speaker 3: I got to tell you.
Speaker 4: But the funny thing is that even though if you wanted to, you couldn't even do break even on a tour, or even if I wanted to lose money. Let's just say I've gotten. I mean, Springsteen's got enough money if he wanted to, he could do a lose money tour, you know what I mean, like not a lot. I'm not saying the guy should go broke, but I mean, you know, if the guy lost a couple million dollars over his tour, it wouldn't exactly make him homeless, That's all I'm saying. And if he felt like doing that, I don't think he's capable of it because of the way the system is like not even close, you know what I mean. So the system is not good, and certain people have gone and you know, made themselves fat off of it, as opposed to just trying to be you know, there's reasonable business and price gouging just sucks because I mean, you know, it's sort of like what happens, you know, after a natural disaster and somebody starts charging one hundred dollars for a gallon of.
Speaker 3: Water, you know what I mean. They do that.
Speaker 4: Because they can, and I despise that. I've always despise it. It's like, let's just profit off of people because they're in a position where you know, I'm the only one who's got something they want or need. You know, I don't know. I just always find that despicable. I mean, you know, look, you can always just choose not to engage, but you know, not a wide enough boycott ever occurs to stop the price gougers. It seems like, you know that that is the only It's the other thing that I'm always against with the Libertarians. It's like it's unfair stuff.
Speaker 3: They'll just take it to core. Yeah. Good.
Speaker 5: It's like Gordon Gekko said, greed is good.
Speaker 2: And that's what they operate off of a lot of these companies that get in it while they can get it because they know there's going to come a day where they can't get it, so they go get it now.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh by the way they.
Speaker 2: Have it, they have the addicts have the attitude of I got mine, you worry about getting yours.
Speaker 3: Yep, exactly.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: I meant to ask you actually because you're like my fast food guy, right, you eat fast food more often than anybody I know. So I got to ask you something because I read articles leading up to the month of April, and now we are, you know, more than halfway through the month, and in April, right, the company that you know, handles McDonald's and the Pepsi company. We're both supposed to be lowering prices in April and offering cheaper options and things like this at the fast food joints, right, especially McDonald's. I have not checked the prices, and I haven't asked.
Speaker 2: That I've been to McDonald's. But now I don't have been to McDonald's since I quit work, So it's been a year.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: But even then it was so expensive that I quit going to McDonald's. Bojangles has come down on some of their prices. A lot of the local restaurants in the past two years have gone up, but they're starting to shave them back down now. So I don't know where they found the relief from, because grocery serre is ling cheaper, right So, but McDonald's, from one understand, have about price themselves out of the damn market. Yeah, got that. That was Pepsi. Pepsi owns KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, a couple other restaurants.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pizza Huts are closing.
Speaker 3: No, I just know that though, Yeah, I just know that.
Speaker 4: Almost at exactly the same time, the shareholders for McDonald's and the shareholders for Pepsi, which by the way, isn't just those fast food restaurants, but there's a whole line of snack foods and everything else. They were all saying that, listen, we have priced ourselves into a position where we've lost a serious part of our customer base. We need to figure out a way to bring it down, and we're going to introduce new pricing options and cuts and prices in April.
Speaker 3: That is what they.
Speaker 4: Said on their you know, stockholder meetings, which is not something they like to tell their stockholders. Believe me, uh you know, because look, McDonald's is the corporations still going to profit even if they cut their prices in half.
Speaker 3: They're going to be all right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: If they cut the bag of Dorito's price in half, it'll still be okay for the for freedo l a A lah whatever. You know what I'm saying, they'll be fine and the stockholders will be fine. Their profit margins will come down, but they'll still profit.
Speaker 3: But they don't do that.
Speaker 4: Usually they push it all the way, you know, to what they think is tolerance.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what they're good.
Speaker 2: One of the worst things I've seen is damn Doritos. Have you seen the cost of a bag of Dorito's here lately? Yes, looking at seven damn dollars in places.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know.
Speaker 2: That's half a bag of air.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know.
Speaker 4: You know the little ninety nine cent bags that used to be around, they're like three bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't eat.
Speaker 4: My son loves Doritos and usually I, you know, grab a few, we get the cool ranch, I get some, he eats the rest. I gotta tell you, I'm not buying them the Doritos. It's too damn expensive. Yeah, it's like almost eight bucks for a freaking decent sized bag of Doritos.
Speaker 5: No, you know, just still getting half a bag of hair.
Speaker 4: Yes, well listen, even if it was a full bag, screw your eight dollars.
Speaker 3: Dude, I can't do it, you know what I'm saying. No eight bucks.
Speaker 4: It's eight bucks for a bag of chips. Seriously, I mean they're not that good.
Speaker 5: No, they're not. Well, I don't know them.
Speaker 2: Those those what sweet and spicy in the purple bag?
Speaker 3: Okay, you like.
Speaker 4: See, I just like the cool ranch and and the best thing is to take the cool ranch and dipped mints, some freaking sour cream and onion dip. I love that, But fact is, I don't love it that much. I ain't paying eight bucks. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: You know my my son likes my son likes Yeah, my son likes Doctor Pepper too, but he ain't getting it. He's getting doctor choice right now. That's literally the label I'm under. It's like the one of those best choice briands. He's getting doctor choice when I buy him a bottle of soda. Now you know, I don't buy him much, but when I do, I ain't paying Doctor Pepper prices because they're like three four.
Speaker 3: Dollars a bottle. I can't, you know, a two liter?
Speaker 2: Forget it, a two liter.
Speaker 5: Let's see.
Speaker 2: I saw the other day they had them on sale. It was three d for five bucks, three dollars General Wick Leaders.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good. Three for five that's real good.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they do it. They do it about once a month, okay, and PEPSI will do it, and then Coke will do it, just like in the grocery stores. So that's that the benefits steel I've seen so far. Okay, I'll slap drinking a lot of soft thing, so a long time ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Doctor Pepper falls under it. You know. Me, I drink soda constantly.
Speaker 4: Uh, and I'm always drinking some kind of cola usually, but I'm on the you know, I'm on the stuff that tastes almost like window cleaner now because I can't afford pepsi or coke or or see even.
Speaker 3: It's impossible.
Speaker 2: So you know, a while since I've seen an RC.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, we got him here in Georgia, no problem, but.
Speaker 3: I can't afford him. I just can't.
Speaker 4: So yeah, he's got Doctor Choice instead of Doctor Pepper. And that's the fun thing about Doctor Pepper is that they get distributed along with Pepsi or coke, depending on where you are in the country. But they're supposed to be an independent soda company Doctor Pepper, right, And then of course RC is under the Canada.
Speaker 2: Dry I think somebody bought them. Oh they did, Yeah, somebody bought Doctor Pepper. Who was that? Because they started in Texas. One of the fewest, the few things to come out of Texas that was worth it. Okay, let's see. Yeah, I came out of Waco, Texas, home of the branch Davidian Barbecue well, look.
Speaker 3: The branch Davidians, Dodtor Pepper, Nolan Ryan. I call it a tie. Okay, what can I say?
Speaker 2: Uh, They're distributed by a whole bunch of people. The manufacturer is Coorig, the people that owned Korig yeah, now owned Doctor Pepper. But they're distributed, distributed.
Speaker 3: Along with Pepsi or Coke, depending on where you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, Coca Cola Company distributes them in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Japan. Uh Crombacker uh arrai in Germany. Let's see here. United States.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Coke and Pepsi used to split it. I forget what their dividing line was. Uh it was either like the Rockies or it wasn't south and north. It was like east west, and they had a division on it, uh like for instance. And it was weird because up in Jersey. I think it was Pepsi that No, maybe it was Coke that distributed. I think it was Coke that distributed it in Jersey.
Speaker 2: Let's see, Okay, In ninety five, Cadbury Schwepps bought Doctor Pepper in seven up okay, and then in two thousand and eight Cadbury Schweps spun off Cadbury Schwep's American beverages into an independent company called the Doctor Pepper Snapple Group Okay, and renamed itself to Cadbury PLC. Kurk bought them in twenty and eighteen. They bought Doctor Pepper Snapple Group, so now it's Kurig Doctor Pepper, So that means they've got Cadbury, which is the chocolate company. H Schwept spun them off, so they own Snapple, which I still see in this. You know, they were big at one time, but you don't see them much advertised much anymore. So is Doctor Pepper Snapple And let's see who else they've got.
Speaker 4: Well, biggest mistake ever for Snapple is they started out as a New York, you know based thing pretty much, and they were huge. Yeah, they actually had clear root beer and Clear cola as well, along with the iced teas. Then they started focusing on mainly the iced teas and fruit drinks, and then it was pretty much iced tea and lemonade. And around that time they were sold the Quaker oats. I remember this because again it was like a local company and they got huge. They were all over the country all of a sudden, but there was a point at which you could only get snapple really in the northeast, you know. And some people say, oh, Rush Limbaugh helped spread it around. Other people will tell you that Howard Stern did it. But it was a combination of their radio and TV presence. They really went all in on ads and spread all over the country Snapple. And it was much better when they made it. You know, it was real fresh, brute tea. It was really you know, well made. They made it from actual cola nuts, and they showed you you don't have to add the color to the cola, you know, that caramel color that makes it that you know, brownish almost black color that cola always is, doesn't have to be that color. They made it clear without adding the you know, the extra crap. And that was the whole thing about them. They were supposed to be all natural, right.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you remember the old seven up commercial when the they had the uh was it Jamaican or the Caribbean actor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this had the cola nut.
Speaker 3: This is the cola nut. This is the uncola nut.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I remember that. That was great.
Speaker 4: I thought anyway, you know, yeah, that was the old commercial. But but literally speaking, though, you don't have to have that color and colon. That's not necessary, you know, for for your caffeinated cola drink. And they made it clear. It looked like water in the bottle. It was that clear.
Speaker 3: Uh. And they had it in the same glass bottle. That was the other thing.
Speaker 4: They had that distinctive glass bottle, you know, Snapple did. But then you know, once Quaker bought it, you know, things went into plastic bottles. I don't know how natural it is. And then they were you know, importing powder to different places and like you know, combining it with local water in different places in the country and this and that.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what happened.
Speaker 4: But but Snapple, I'm not surprised that sort of fell off because they went away from their original design, which made them different, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big thing here is uh what Arizona brand tea? That was real big and it's becoming very big in Europe. For some reason, when I would go back and forth to Switzerland, I always had to take a couple of the large well you know, we used to call them tall boys when it was beers. A couple of large cans ye back from my girlfriend's daughter she would love the stuff. See in Arizona, I've never been I've never been a big fan of bottle teas though. I mean, I like, you know, I like ice tea, but I like it where it's brewed fresh, not something packaged in a bottle sitting on a shelf. They just don't taste right to me. Well, see, that's the thing and has a pretty good tea.
Speaker 4: Is that pure Leaf is way better than Lipton. You tried that pure leaf tea?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like the pure Leaf, but to be honest, I like the Lipton green tea better than the purely Well, what made I'll.
Speaker 4: Tell you a funny thing. What made the Arizona teas so successful is that they had a giant You know, when everybody else's sodas and teas and everything else at twenty ounces went to you know, plastic bottles and everything was like a buck fifty, they had a ninety nine cent can. So those things sold quicker to anybody who was budget conscious on the run. You know, I pay a buck for this, I pay a buck fifty or almost two dollars for the other thing. And you know the only trouble is I can't put the cat back on the Arizona that used to be the way of it that Giant Can used to help it help them with sales. It really did all the time. You know, I don't remember how much was in it, but I'll tell you what. Forget about it, because they phased them out. Now you have small, much smaller cans. The shrink flation has hit your Arizona can. Now they're you know, two bucks, and yeah, they're like half the size they look like to me, I mean probably they're not. They're probably seventy five percent of the size of the ninety nine cent can't what.
Speaker 3: It used to be.
Speaker 4: But and they have exclusive deals, like if you go to Circle K, you know, the Arizona can literally has a Circle K price on it now where it has a Circle K logo on the Arizona can printed on it, which is another weird thing.
Speaker 3: They're co branding.
Speaker 4: So depending on where you are, your Arizona can could cost you different prices. But they had a universal thing across the board. No matter where you bought it, it was supposed to be ninety nine cents, you know, unless you went to like a hotel. Hotels would still charge you five bucks for a can or whatever.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 4: You know they remember that the pepsi can in Dallas, you know, five bucks for a pepsi, you know, twelve ounce can guys a pepsi five bucks?
Speaker 3: Yikes. But anyway I went.
Speaker 4: I kept going over to that when we went, I kept going over to that taco place and buying the you know, glass bottles of coke because it just tasted better.
Speaker 3: And I was going to pay five bucks either way. To screw it. I'd rather have the glass bottle of coke.
Speaker 2: But yeah, now they used to I saw something in the story the other day, and I used to buy it when it was cheap.
Speaker 5: You can get them.
Speaker 2: There were four bottles in a pack and it was called Clearly Canadian Water. Basically it was carbonated water with a flavoring. I love the stuff, but it's up to almost three dollars a bottle in places, and it's like you've got to be kidneyed. This is nothing more than Seltzer water. Yeah, why in the hell are you charging so much? I can get a twelve pack of cans of mandarin flavored Seltzer water at food line.
Speaker 5: Why am I gonna buy Clearly.
Speaker 2: Canadian Although it's good, it ain't that good? Yes, and advising themselves out of the damn market.
Speaker 4: See that's my point about that eight dollars bag of Doritos. You know they're good, Ain't that damn good? And the other thing is again Frankie, he loves those, you know, like flavored water Seltzers.
Speaker 3: I buy them the store brand ones.
Speaker 4: I give up, you know, because they're less than a buck still, you know what I mean? But like you said, any of the name brand like you know, flavored water, Seltzer water, whatever, they're all freaking three dollars a bottle, So you know which which one am I gonna do? I can buy three of these for him and have change, or I can buy one Nope, you know, here we go Dorito's Nope, Okay, I just can't do it. I mean, it's like the price of a candy bars is out of control too, any of these snacks. But the thing I wanted to ask you about I thought you might know, is whether there have been price cuts in the month of April, because that's what was supposed to happen. By the way, how is your frozen pizza?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, algorithm doing?
Speaker 2: It's still it's you can get two for ten bucks. Now used to you can get three for ten bucks. So it's you know, reduction in products for the money.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: The one that really the one I look at now, Chichen brand is a cheat, you know. It's like the old generics of stuff and food line carries.
Speaker 5: A lot of their products like paper.
Speaker 2: Towels and Aapkins ketchup, things like that. Okay, it used to be ninety nine percent for a bottle of ketchup. It's gone up. It went up originally to a buck twenty nine after COVID and all the prices jumped. Now it's gone to a buck thirty nine. Their bread used to be ninety nine per cent a loaf. Now it's like a buck twenty nine for white and what like a buck eighty for wheat bread. So those items have not come down now the grocery stores around here, I have seen a few things come down, but not much. It's just a few items, you know, I can count them on one hand. Other than that, nothing has come down. Well nothing.
Speaker 4: What you're describing is a thirty to forty increase right in price, yeah, regardless of size, and then in some cases they'll shrink. The size is the bottle of ketchup or any of these other or the bread smaller, because I'll tell you something, they're making smaller loads of bread here say a.
Speaker 5: Great, Well, no there.
Speaker 2: I have found out too that when you buy sliced cheese, like I like cheese toast in the morning, so I'll get a couple packs of cheddar sliced cheese and a loaf of bread.
Speaker 5: Well, the bread has shrunk. It's not as fluffed up.
Speaker 2: As it used to be, so now you have to fold your cheese or it hangs over the sides and drips all down in your toaster. So I've noticed things like that. It's still the same weight on the bag, you know, a pound or whatever the normal is, but it's smaller in height. There's always you know, when they're making a loaf smaller. There's always twenty two slices of bread in a normal loaf of bread, and that is counting the heel Slices' always twenty two. So that's he'll say the same. But the slices aren't as big as they were, so they can't. I don't understand how it's the same weight unless they're just not pumping as much air into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's weird because what are they saving if you know, if pumping.
Speaker 3: Air should be the thing they're doing actually.
Speaker 4: To uh write like like the bag of chips, well, half of the bag is air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it doesn't change anything for them, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the air is cheap unless it's unless it's costing them to mix it in there in the dough before it goes through the the heat racks. So I don't know what's going on, but ketchup, it's the same size. It's thirty percent more. The pizzas are the same size. You know, you just had a loss of thirty three percent in your amount of products. So normal pizza prices and usually it used to be Tombstone was on sale and then Red Bearon would go on sale. Well, now you're lucky to see two Red Barons on sale for ten bucks. Normally they've gone up to like six sixty five apiece, and they'll give you two for ten And the best price is at the Dollar Store no longer.
Speaker 5: Food Line.
Speaker 2: Food Line used to be the champion for frozen pizza more right.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, the company that owns Dollar General I think talked about price cuts as well because there was a whole article on this, Like I said, with the McDonald's and Pepsi and you know, Dorito's and all this stuff going, Yeah, we've accidentally caused people to stop buying our products.
Speaker 3: Uh so we got to bro people.
Speaker 2: Bring junk about Yeah, yeah, people talk junk about dollars throwers. But I'll go ahead and tell you for most of the food items that I'd buy that they carry a Dollar General, I can get them cheaper than even at Food Line or Pigley Wiggley.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, but there's a few things that the price is the same no matter where you go. Like uh, I like Stofer's lasagna, and they have a meat Lovers, which is a bigger individual lasagna. They're always five seventy five, no matter where the hell you go. Ok. But a lot of this other package stuff, burritos, these mega bowl dinners of various recipes, you can always find them cheaper at Dollar General. So I split my shop and now I get what I know. I can get a Dollar General. My coffee is cheaper at Dollar General, so I'll go there to get stuff and then I'll split my shopping between there and Food Line.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, we're almost an hour in and it looks like we do have a call, So I think I want to take a call and then maybe we'll take a break after that. But you guys can join in if you're hearing me live.
Speaker 3: Just let me see exactly what time it is.
Speaker 4: It's about eight point fifty two pm Eastern, just so you know, uh, and so that that's out there and that's what time it is on the seventeenth day of April twenty twenty six. We're live, so you could call in three one nine, five two seven five zero one six three one nine five two seven five zero one six. If you're listening to this, you can become part of it. And it looks like we got Jimmy James on the line. I brought him up earlier. I don't know if you heard me mention them, but Jimmy, how you doing.
Speaker 7: I'm doing good here?
Speaker 3: So did you hear me mention you earlier?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay? Cool?
Speaker 4: Now, I just want to make sure you knew that that there is something on its way to you in the mail.
Speaker 3: Now. I don't know what happens to your mail. I'm still very.
Speaker 4: Pissed off that I sent you one of those red seal two dollar bills and a couple other things in a package. You never saw that that package entirely.
Speaker 3: It just vanished.
Speaker 4: They sent one package back to me once. But I'm saying, you like three things that didn't make it to you. So I'm hoping this little package gets to you this time.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah too.
Speaker 4: You know, I mean, it's not a major thing, and I won't be as upset as I was at the two dollar bill because those are harder to come by for me, you know, than they used to be. But but the thing is, I mean, I did send you something I thought was cool because I'm sending out little gifts to anybody who makes a donation to Olly dot com right now. And uh, I know that you're owed a couple of packages for stuff being lost in the mail and you're always chipping in, so I included you on the list along with you know, the couple of people that chipped in. So I just wanted to let you know that and be on the lookout for it and let me know in an email or something when it shows up. Uh So, what's on your mind this week?
Speaker 3: Jimmy?
Speaker 7: Oh well, I got a cracks.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got a couple of tracks. You want to go on? Go ahead?
Speaker 7: No, I need you. I need to cut a man.
Speaker 3: Do you understand what he's saying? BP, he's breaking up, right, breaking up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry, I don't understand you.
Speaker 7: You're hearing hearing an echo?
Speaker 3: You're hearing an echo? All right? I'm not sure why we're not echoing here? Uhh, I don't know. Maybe I can turn this down a little bit. Maybe that'll help. I don't know. Go ahead, Hopefully you're not getting an.
Speaker 7: Echo now with any any better?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not hearing an echo at the moment.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 7: Now I do want to understand me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whenever I talk, there's an echo. That's what the problem is. Sorry, i'll shut up.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I was just saying I need to get you to cut a couple of tracks for me next week. Chuck.
Speaker 4: Oh, you mean on the short attention span DJ theater thing you want? You want to make a request?
Speaker 7: No, I need to make a couple of tracks.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, what do you need done?
Speaker 7: Well, just a couple of audio tracks?
Speaker 3: Okay, you do you what what do you want recorded? Exactly?
Speaker 7: Well? It's uh sort of a show.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Well, do you have links to stuff you want recorded? Or do you want to record your voice?
Speaker 3: What? What are we talking about here?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: It would be blue.
Speaker 3: Both. Yes, okay, do you have no problem?
Speaker 2: Do you have a way to record?
Speaker 3: Sorry, do you have a way to record?
Speaker 4: Do you have a way to record your own voice?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 7: I ever the record the Sampson recorder built in.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you could theoretically you could record some MP three's and send me some clips and I could put them together for you.
Speaker 3: Is that what you want me to do?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Okay, sure they do pretty much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, email it to me and let me know what it is you're you're doing, and uh, and I'll see if I can assemble it for you.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah we could then of course, you know, put in a contribution.
Speaker 4: Well sure, yeah, but either way, just send me the stuff and let's see if I can you know, if I can figure it out, you know, I mean sometimes people send me directions and I don't understand them, so I might need clarification or something. But uh, but you know, just work with me and we'll get it done.
Speaker 3: How does that sound?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that sounds good.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, No, be pe be scared.
Speaker 7: He scared me earlier. H B. Pete Jane's supposed to put that cheese in with the bread in that toaster. You are a very.
Speaker 5: It's it's a it's a toast.
Speaker 7: Smoky, smokey the bear man.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: It was designed for cheese toast.
Speaker 3: It's a toaster oven.
Speaker 2: Be uh a jimmy, not a regular toaster.
Speaker 7: Oh oh, I misunderstand.
Speaker 2: Cooked pork chops. I have cooked pork chops in a regular toaster.
Speaker 3: How the hell do you cook a pork chop in a regular toast? Are you serious?
Speaker 4: I would think that would cause a grease fire instantaneously.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: You take the pan out of the bottom and you set it in a broiling pan so the grease drips through.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, okay again with the Okay, it's a toaster oven, not a toaster, all right, because see a toaster.
Speaker 5: No if this is a regular No, it's a regular toaster.
Speaker 2: You reach underneath, okay, and you turn the little knob and you take the bottom tray out of it. Okay, and then you set it in a roasting pan so that the toaster is sitting up off of the of the bottom of the pan, and the grease just drips through. You know, you do what you got to do with what you have. It was either that or a steam iron. I figured the toaster would.
Speaker 5: Do a letter job.
Speaker 4: Now, I've cooked stuff with an iron before, so I understand. But okay, I don't know man, that that toaster operation still sounds dangerous.
Speaker 3: With the coils on the pork chop, how does it turn out?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Because well, no, the grease is dripping down off the pork chop, it's not spattering anywhere, and the red elements are back far enough behind the cage, okay that they don't come in contact with the grease, and the grip grease strip straight through into the boiler van.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: You know I thought this one out before I did it. You know, I wasn't standing there the whole time with a fire extinguisher waiting from a pork chop to go up in flames.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, I'm not trying to blame you, but I've seen people do dumber things than that.
Speaker 5: You know, it was well planned out, Okay, cool.
Speaker 4: But I have seen people that I thought previously were smart do much dumber.
Speaker 3: Things than that.
Speaker 4: So I was like, wait a minute, Okay, well see now b Peza not causing fires.
Speaker 3: No smoky the bear, no need JJ.
Speaker 2: Okay, See it would be a big mess trying to do a pork chob on an iron.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, definitely he would make a mess. You know, you got to have you.
Speaker 2: Paid to make a tray out of aluminum foil and set that on the heat plate of the iron and then put the pork chop in that and hope you don't have so much grease that it drips out anywhere. That would be a mess.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you there were places where I lived that, you know, those old radiators, they would get so hot that you could set up a tray on those and you could cook on them anytime you wanted, if the heat was on, because they were like red freaking hot. Like I don't know how we didn't burn down more houses with him.
Speaker 5: Good we had that.
Speaker 2: We had a house that we bought had the old radiators in it, and luckily there was a window right above it. So when the heater, when a radiator was kicking hard, you always had to crack the window just to get the damn heat out of it because you were worried.
Speaker 5: You know that you could put your hand on the.
Speaker 2: Wall and feel how hot it was. It was you know, old heavy lab plaster, so you weren't worried about it catching on fire, but you always had to vent the window above the radiator. They would get so bad, all right.
Speaker 4: One time, when I was doing construction work on the Jersey Shore, I took apart one of those you know walls with the with the lathe and the plaster on top of the lathe and all that, and one.
Speaker 3: Of those places.
Speaker 4: I can't remember a radiator without a window hear it, to be honest, But I took apart one of those like next to a radiator that apparently somebody wasn't real careful about installing, and I found what I would consider to be a cooked mouse.
Speaker 3: Now I don't know if the mouse was cooked we.
Speaker 4: Live, or if it died and got cooked, but it definitely got cooked at some point long before I opened up that wall.
Speaker 3: Uh that's pretty interesting.
Speaker 4: And I was just like man like you, but you could tell the whole section of that wall that was.
Speaker 3: Near the radiator had been like baked because of that rate. Oh my god.
Speaker 9: Laugh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my mom.
Speaker 2: She wanted to redo two bedrooms and she wanted to put a border up at the top, you know, below the crown molding. So she gets her wallpaper that she wanted to put up there. I told her to Mom, I said, those walls are lad plaster. They're rough. You're gonna have to get them smooth. She's well, I could just send them down. I said, bomb, it's lath plaster. Let me show you something. I went out and shop and got my dad grinder and plugged it in, got on a ladder and hit it against that wall, and then started throwing sparks from the rock that was in the plaster. And I said, Mom, you're not going to do it. Well, how am I supposed to get him smooth? I had to come up with the idea of using joint compound, you know, mud for she rock and had to trol out every one of those walls so she could lay this little six inch border at the top and it would be smooth. Oh boy, I thought I would die after that job.
Speaker 5: She said, well, you can sand it down.
Speaker 2: I said, Mom, if you I mean it's like bouncing a chainsaw off a curb.
Speaker 5: You're not going to grind it down.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 4: Well, that cooked mouse wall was hilarious because you know, we had a guy with a big wrench who was supposed to take the you know, cause the old radiators were bolted to the floor and we're taking this house apart. And so of course the foreman tells me he take a sledgehammer and bust the stupid bolts because they're not coming out like the regular way. We can't just unscrew them there. I don't know what the problem was, but the wrench wasn't gonna do it. Uh So they give me the stupid sledgehammer to go hit it. I bang on this thing a couple of times. The next thing I know is I'm falling out the side of the house with that section of the wall, and I'm from the second floor boom down in the backyard, and I land there, knocked the wind out of myself. I'm laying there for I don't know a few seconds, probably trying to catch my breath, and the foreman walks over, looks down at me, and goes, you're not going to the hospital till.
Speaker 2: Lunchtime, Jersey.
Speaker 3: Anyways, I didn't need to go to the hospital.
Speaker 4: I just had the wind knocked out of me from falling out of the side of a freaking house because somehow I hit it hard enough that the wall the floor like a chunk of the house came out pretty much and just went out sideways and landed wall first, thankfully, so the wall broke my fall, along with the window that thankfully we took the glass out of. So you know, the wall broke my fall. I didn't land on the radiator because that probably would have broken something, and.
Speaker 3: It probably would have been me.
Speaker 4: Anyway, radiator was out and people were pissed at me because I ruined part of the floor, but the guy told me to hit it with a sledge hammer. I was following directions. Anyways. You know, we all have adventures and jobs and I never had to do something like that like you did for your mom. But because obviously I have no skills, that's why I had the sledge hammer banging on a freaking bolt in a floor. Right, Okay, anyways, Jimmy, what else is on your mind this week? Because I'm thinking about taking a quick break so I can go pee. But what else you got on your mind this week?
Speaker 3: Anything?
Speaker 7: Well? The missing the missing people from the jet the pulsing laboratory is pretty interesting, but we take a break.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do that, because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I haven't done any any of a research or a dive into that. I did see some headlines, but maybe B Pete can tell us about some headlines. Maybe you can dig a few up about that. While we take a quick break, I'm gonna put you on hold, Jimmy, and we'll come back, and anybody else that wants to join us sides Jimmy, we got a little under an hour to go.
Speaker 3: It's what six minutes after nine pm Eastern here.
Speaker 4: On the seventeenth day of April twenty twenty six, allegedly according to that thing we call a calendar and the Ocelli Effect Live Mike Live, Friday Night Open Mic. Excuse me with my cohos. B Pete is happy, so join us three one, nine.
Speaker 3: Five five.
Speaker 10: And after that, Wall Street Steindow dot dot com, Wall Street Window.
Speaker 3: Dotto dot com.
Speaker 11: Michael Swatson, the brilliant author of the War State, gives you the benefit of his knowledge Wall Street Street Window dot dot.
Speaker 3: Go there, now go there, now go there now.
Speaker 4: If youse expressed my callers school, who was there anyone else who happens to get on the air to Jilly dot com do not necessarily reflect the views of Jilly dot com or Chuck Chilly, and we are not responsible.
Speaker 3: For any stupidity which might ensue.
Speaker 7: Thank you, m M.
Speaker 12: In Denial Secret Wars with Air Strikes and Tanks by Larryhancock. Secret wars became a staple of US covert operations and are still happening today. Larryhancock's book In Denial rips the cover off many of them, using new files.
Speaker 11: It exposes things about the Bay of Pigs that no one has ever written about before. It shows why it really failed and why the United States did not earn from it. It also shows why other countries today are doing secret operations with more success. This is the book that puts what some want to deny into the light. In Denial, Secret Wars with Air Strikes and Tanks Larryhancock. For more information, go to Larry hyphen Handcock dot com. Pick up your copy of In Denial at Amazon dot com in digital.
Speaker 2: Or physicalfot Chili dot com.
Speaker 1: Do you like history, real history than you were never taught in schools? Why the Vietnam War Nuclear Bombs in Nation Building in Southeast Asia by author Mike Swanson with new documentation never seen before. That'll open your eyes to events that led up to this. Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs in Nation Building in Southeast Asia nineteen forty five through nineteen sixty one. Get your copy today at Amazon dot com. Why the Vietnam War by author Mike Swanson revelation through conversation.
Speaker 2: Bille dot com Radio network.
Speaker 9: The War State by Michael Swanson explains the great national transformation that took place and put the Kennedy presidency in the context of the times and reveals never before published information about the Cuban missile crisis. President Kennedy would not have been assassinated if he had been president two hundred years ago. His assassination took place in the context of the Cold War and the rise of the national security state. Before World War II, the United States was a continental republic. In the decade that followed, it became an imperial superpower. Generals such as Curtis LeMay not only wanted to invade Cuba, but knew that there were short range missiles on the island armed with nuclear warheads that they could not destroy because they were on mobile launchers. Their invasion could have led to a Third World War. And they wanted to go to war anyway. The War State by Michael Swanson reveals why, and we'll show you what President Kennedy was up against. For more information, The Warstate dot com Nuclear Holocaust.
Speaker 13: You know what uranium is?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: I think called nuclear weapons and other things.
Speaker 13: Like uncle, do you remember that time when Benjamin Fulford said that an Asian secret society was going to dispatch ninja's to take down the Illuminati?
Speaker 14: Ooh that's interesting, Yeah in the colatoon?
Speaker 13: Yeah did that ever work out too good?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 13: It didn't, did it? But here on o'chelly dot com Radio network, things work out a bit bitter, don't they much better?
Speaker 14: What I mean, it's clear and understanding about the programs. The programs much clearer, getting live people into it. They really have a good conversation going much better, much better scene.
Speaker 13: I say, forget Benjamin Fulford and his ninjas and listen to the Olly dot com Radio Network.
Speaker 14: I agree, it's straight to the point, straight talk, and I like that idea dot.
Speaker 3: Com All right?
Speaker 4: The second and what should be the final sequence or a segment sequence?
Speaker 3: What is wrong with me? Segment? I'm misspeaking left and right tonight?
Speaker 4: Boy, I feel like all the complaints about me could be true when it comes to misspoken phraseology.
Speaker 3: Anyways, So last.
Speaker 4: Reminder for this show for sure, and again a big thanks to anybody who has But if you guys want to kick in anything else toward the well being and all that stuff, especially toward the cash app, honestly, because I set up cash app now to pay a couple of bills that have to do with the network directly, so this way I don't have to transfer any money or anything. But either way, however it is you want to donate toward us, that'll be helpful, and you can do so most helpful, and up to next week I'll be given shout outs to people on the show that did that, and I'll repeat them and all that good stuff. Plus if you give me a mailing address, I will send you an individualized, you know, thank you gift and a note and all that, just to say thanks for doing so and how much I appreciate you, especially in the very tough month of April where a lot of my big bills come due and we're trying to expand things as well.
Speaker 3: So do us a paper and do that.
Speaker 4: You'll see in the show notes if you're hearing the podcast or on site somewhere a way to donates. And if you don't, you know, if you're listening to this show live and you want to donate, now go check the past show notes. The donate links are on every show and along with you know, relevant references, guests links, et cetera, et cetera. There were no links for David Boyland, by the way, boilin from the conversation we had with him and Larry Hancock what was that Wednesday? Because David doesn't have a website or anything, so he has no links he wants to give. But he is the co author of the Oswald Puzzle, So there you go. But you do have plenty of lakes for Larry Hancock. And if that's plenty to explore, believe me. Anyways, be Pete. We got Jimmy James on the line. I'm hoping we'll get some more people three one nine, five two seven five zero one six. But since Jimmy's the only one on the line, we're gonna go back to him. And he kicked off a subject before we went to break, uh, so I want to get back to him and uh let him loose on this because quite honestly, I didn't go digging into this particular news story at all yet. Uh I saw the headlines, I saw a couple of mentions here and there, some Twitter traffic.
Speaker 3: What else did I see?
Speaker 4: Maybe a couple of YouTube short videos talking about it. But I have not adequately dug into this at all. So I'm gonna leave Jimmy and you to discuss it, I guess, and bring Jimmy back on Oh one more time three one nine five two seven five zero one six if you want to join in live into this at fourteen minutes past nine pm Eastern on the what is the seventeenth day of April on a Friday night, we're live, but of course most of you will hear the podcast, so either way, welcome to it and you can participate live. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six.
Speaker 3: There we go. I think I did that enough time to be Pete. What do you think? Sure? Okay, fair enough? And you know you can't.
Speaker 4: Get a word in edgewise. You know what your fault. You're not calling in. Jimmy did so he's on. Anyway, Jimmy back to the subject you kicked off before.
Speaker 3: We went to break.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tell me a little bit about it, and I think b. Pete might have some information, but I want to hear from you about it first.
Speaker 7: Well, a story that's been building up for the last couple of months. People started really pa attention when a general disappeared, and then people noticed that there was a pattern of numerous people who in a short period of time have disappeared or been murdered. And they all worked more or less together at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, and it's.
Speaker 7: That they border asked today the President about it, and he said he's ordering someone I would assume the FBI to look into it, and he said he would mention it again in a few days.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So, Jimmy, I got a couple of questions real quick.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do remember reading about a murder. I think there was a couple right that were together that we're murdered. Is that correct? Is that the same story.
Speaker 7: That there may have been a you mean a like husband and wife or something.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 4: I wasn't certain about that. I was saying that there were I should clarify that. You're right, a couple of people were murdered, like two to my mind, like maybe weeks ago.
Speaker 7: Right, Well, in the last few years, there's been several and a bunch of other ones have just walked away. And they also have a very bizarre habit of leaving their wallets and keys behind. And yet they keep saying, and they take their handguns with them. Oh, that's happened at least two times they mentioned kind of unusual.
Speaker 4: Now is this people that disappeared or people that they found dead took their handguns with them.
Speaker 7: Two people who just they disappeared, One was the general and one was another gentlemen. Okay, scientists, I guess. Okay, well they just walk off with their handgun, never to be seen.
Speaker 2: Again, never to be seen again.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I got one last question and then I want to go to be Pete because I think he's got an article, uh that we can you know, at least try to, you know, navigate.
Speaker 3: But uh, my last question is this.
Speaker 4: Didn't somebody bring this up to Donald Trump like last month also like and then they did it again in the past couple of days, Like, hasn't even asked by a reporter more than once about this.
Speaker 7: I only know that, uh about that they were or asked him about it. Today. I'm not aware that. I don't think that there was the Dinosaur. Press paid any attention to it up until very recently last week or so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just couldn't remember.
Speaker 4: Like, look, it could have been on Fox and Friends, but I thought I saw a clip of the President being asked about it, you know, when he drops in on Fox and Friends or something like that. I don't remember if it was that or during a regular presser, but I thought a couple of months ago they asked him about this too, or weeks ago, I should say, they asked him about.
Speaker 3: It, and then you say it was today.
Speaker 4: I knew it was in the past few days, but I didn't look at the date even you know, I didn't pay special attention to this, but I know it was in the past few days.
Speaker 7: Right, hold on, I have one correction. Okay, someone did bring up the missing general to him before.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, No, I just I'm just like picking through my memory trying to remember what I've seen, and I'm trying to associate it with this. I'm openly asking the questions so you can correct anything I say here, because I don't know nothing except what you guys are telling me.
Speaker 3: Really, and a few clips I've seen, so b Pete, what do we have?
Speaker 4: As the story goes here, according to the article you dug up, you said from NewsNation, I think during the break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a couple from NewsNation. One one was done by Elizabeth Vargas and the other one was done by Jeremy Webb, I think. But I'll get to that in a second. I did an AI search and it said because apparently the first person on this list was way back in twenty twenty two, it says at least ten scientists connected the UFO research have been reported missing or dead since mid twenty twenty four. The FBIS investigated these cases to uncover any potential connections among them. Notable cases, let's see scientists reported as missing or dead, and the first one is Amy Escridge. She founded the Institute for Exotic Science, and in twenty twenty two they found her dead. I think in Alabama. I'm not sure I've got that story here. But William Neil McCaslin is the retired Air Force general and he disappeared in February of this year. Stephen Garcia is a government contractor at a nuclear facility. They handle all of the nuclear items that are either in our ballistic missiles or anything connected with any space shots, anything like that. He was missing in August of twenty twenty five. Monica Jacinto Reza, who was working for McCaslin the General on some projects. She disappeared in June of twenty twenty five, and it goes on to say, let me scroll back up here. It says the disappearances began attracting attention in twenty twenty two, with Amy Esker's case being particularly notable due to comments about threats related to her research. Many of the missing or to see scientists had connections to significant research institutions, including NASA and the Los Alamos National Laboratory. Now Amy Esbridge, who was the first one, let me pull up her article says a scientist who reportedly died of a self inflicted gunshot wound in twenty twenty two, is receiving renewed attention amid reports on a series of death and disappearances involving US experts tied to advanced research. The Daily Mail reported that Amy Esbridge died in Huntsville, Alabama, on June eleventh, twenty twenty two. Out reported the death as a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head, but said neither the police nor the medical examiner have released a public investigative report. The report that was issued highlighted unresolved questions around her death, placing her among the list of eleven scientists and researchers whose cases have prompted speculation and so far they've not been able to find any link. Now here just today, let's see, this is Elizabeth Vargas. This says. The disappearance in death of ten people with reported access to some of America's top nuclear space secrets have sparked questions. While none of the cases have been publicly connected by authorities, the pressure is on for Trump administration to investigate possible links, I said when asked about the cases by a reporter, The White House Press Secretary of Caroline Levitt said, I haven't spoken to our or irrelevant agencies about it. I will certainly do that. We'll get you an answer if true. Of course, has definitely something I think the government and administration would be worth looking into. So she's supposed to be checking on it. Stephen Garcia, a government contractor with alleged top level clearance at a key nuclear facility, is the latest to be connected to the growing list.
Speaker 5: So apparently they've gone back.
Speaker 2: We had the general in February, we had someone else. Now they've gone back and looked at these other weird cases, and they're saying that's how the list got put together. Garcia disappeared in August of last year. He reportedly left his phone, wallet and keys, picked up a gun, and walked out of his New Mexico home.
Speaker 5: His chase was similar to that of Yeah.
Speaker 2: His case is similar to that of retired Air Force Major General William Neil McCaslin, who went missing February twenty seventh after leaving his Albuquerque home on foot. As for the other eight cases, two scienceists were shot and killed at their homes. Another body was believed to be found at the bottom of the lake. Others vanished from their houses, a highway and a hiking trail, and none of these cases from the past thirty three months are officially connected, but people are starting to ask questions. So members of the community devoted to the study of UAPs I can't get used to that. To me, they're UFOs. I see uap it's or unidentified anomalist, and I and UFOs have expressed concerns that the events are somehow linked.
Speaker 5: Says, it's bizarre.
Speaker 2: I go through the various potential scenarios. These are large organizations. Could these be coincidences? I think we might have to have passed that threshold. Former State Department analyst Merrik vonn In count Total Elizabeth Vargas. Chris Wecker, a former FBI assistant director, didn't rule out a connection. They think that it might be espionage, not people being taken by aliens, which has been one theory thrown out there. Okay, I guess you know the aliens are gonna steal all of our people.
Speaker 5: That know things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, if the aliens are capable of getting here from wherever the hell they came from, I don't think they need.
Speaker 3: Our people all that bad. Uh.
Speaker 4: So espionage sounds like a more likely thing. But what is the exact connective tissue? Is it all through the same facilities? Is it all under the same group?
Speaker 3: Are talking about?
Speaker 2: Says it? Says it, says most Before his disappearance, Macaslein, Now this is the retired general. His former colleague and material scientist Monica Reza, vanished while hiking. Reza was an aerospace engineer who developed a special medal used in rockets. The project was funded by the US government and overseen by McCaslin. Other missing scientists and insiders include a no artist biologist Jason Thomas, Los Alamo's National Laboratory employees Melissa Kaslis and Anthony Chavez, the death of Hicks, NASA's Frank my Wald and MIT's Nuno Lrerio, and Caltech's Carl Grimmore So, they're all at high tech institutions either were like MIT, NASA and Los Alamos National Laboratory. Says here, the most striking thing for me is Monica Reza and General mcaslin. I mean Monica Resla worked closely with General Castle, and she disappeared under extremely, extremely disturbing the mysterious circumstances. Reportedly, she co patented a super alloy that was going to be used for rocket propulsion, and apparently McCaslin and her were like leaders in their field.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it sounds to me like, look, some of this could be development for weapons, some of this could be development.
Speaker 3: For you know, leaving Earth.
Speaker 4: But you know it is it definitely all like UAP connected or you know, I know, you hate that term. But is it all connected to UAP stuff or is it possible we're talking about because when you're talking about Los Alamos, they developed a lot of strange things out there, and you know, most of it not meant for public consumption from what I understand, you know, Jimmy, a lot of.
Speaker 2: What is classified.
Speaker 7: These people are are connected because they worked at right Patterson. That general was the charge of the applied Technology units. These are the people that you've of course heard a Project blue Book. There's a reason it's called that because the Blue Room is at right Patterson and that's exactly where they keep these exotic materials to things that the subject.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the fact that these people.
Speaker 7: Are is not all I mean, it's a national security issue quite frankly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well that's what I'm thinking, is that generally speaking, what we have here overall is a serious national security issue if you have a pattern like this, and it's absolutely outrageous that the military intelligence people didn't pick up on this.
Speaker 3: Yet in my mind, they should be on this.
Speaker 4: Are they, I wonder, and would they let us know if they were? You know, I don't know the answer to that question. And this is a good time for some of the people that worked in that industry that I have run across to contact me here and help me out, because navigating that stuff is hard, you know, generally speaking.
Speaker 3: Uh. But wow, So this whole pattern's been going on since twenty twenty two, is that, right? Vp't according to that summation.
Speaker 2: Well, people that are creating these lists and these news agencies are putting these people together. Yeah, some of them have gone back to that one person's death in twenty twenty two. The rest of these have happened in twenty twenty four, twenty twenty five, twenty six, over the last thirty three months. Okay, So, like some of the theories out there are that, like McCaslin, his wife in a Facebook post put Neil does not have any special knowledge about the et bodies and debris from the Roswell crash stored it right, Patterson though at this point with absolutely no sign of them, Maybe the best hypothesis is that alliens beat him up to the mothership. However, no sightings of a mothership hovering above the Sadia Mountains have been reported.
Speaker 3: Wait his wife posted that. Wait, well, hold on, his wife posted.
Speaker 7: That because yeah, yeah, I love to point out that This woman is a very weird, strange person. I would never act like this woman does if my spouse was missing. She's acting like it's a big old joe. I just put that out there.
Speaker 4: Wow, Okay, this is news to me. I got go ahead. So what else? What else do we need to know? This is pretty wild, But I was not aware it was.
Speaker 2: This deeds good Monica Rezora was was hiking and she's missing, you know, so she could have fallen and hurt herself. You know, is she gonna been attacked by a mountain lion? Who the hell knows what?
Speaker 5: But she was a fellow's.
Speaker 2: Material science and engineering at Aerojet Rocket Dye, which is you know, she developed this alloy that used in rockets. Melissa Cassius disappeared in the summer of twenty twenty five. She worked at Los Alamos National Labs. In September of twenty twenty five, the Taus News reported, two months after Melissa Cassius, a fifty three year old Los Alamos National Lab employee, went missing. Her disappearance has left more questions and answers. New Mexico police reported no breakthroughs in the investigation. Anthony Chavez also worked at that same lab before he went missing. In May of twenty twenty five, the Los Alamos Police Department shared photos of him and wrote missing persons. Mister Anthony Chavez of Los Alamos was reported as a missing person since in exhaust's efforts to locate them have proved unsuccessful. He's not believe to be endangered, but the public disasked to help locate him. Okay, Glarcia is.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Okay, hang on just a second.
Speaker 2: Garcia is the one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just hang on a sad because you're you're going through a list here. But I'm gonna put Jimmy on hold real quick, and uh, we're gonna go to Danny see if he's got anything to say about this. Uh yeah, Danny, you're live. Do do you have anything you want to add to this interesting story? The string of individuals disappearing and all this. Uh, Danny, I can't hear you if you're live. I don't know if you're muted.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm on you.
Speaker 8: Sorry, no, no, From the last thirty minutes, I've missed in the show, so I don't know the story.
Speaker 2: So what's missing?
Speaker 8: It sounds a little animals or these scientists that are missing.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, yeah, No, there's a lot.
Speaker 4: Be Pete's been reading off of the story and Jimmy James brought it up to begin with.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna put you back on hold and put Jimmy back on.
Speaker 2: Continue on.
Speaker 3: I want to hear what it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because be peaches he's listing some of the scientists and everything. So I'm gonna put Jimmy back on. But but go ahead, be p continue with the list. I got Jimmy back live.
Speaker 2: Though, all right, It says the other cases involved to see scientists. There are suspects in some of those cases. One of them the guy mentioned from MIT Well, he was shot to death by the Claudio Valente, the suspect in the Brown University mass shooting. This was a murder that supposedly he did before the Brown University shooting. Jason Thomas a scientist at Nevardes, a Swiss pharmaceutical company, who disappeared, but they found him later at the bottom of the lake. Frank Mayland, who worked at the Jet Propulsion Lab. His obituary says that he passed away on July fourth, twenty twenty four. Carl Grillmeyer and astrophysicist at Caltech. He was shot to death in his home, but there is a suspect that was charged with him after carjacking his own relative and burglarizing a home. So the ones that they really have started all this is when McCaslin disappeared. He was last seen at or near his residence in the area of Quail Run Court Northeast on the morning of Friday, February twenty seventh. They put out a silver alert for right.
Speaker 4: Now, that's this year now VP, Sorry, that's this year that mcaslyn disappeared, and that's caused everybody to look back and go, hey, wait a minute. Other people have disappeared connected to this guy. So that is this all tracking with you, Jimmy? Does this all go along with what it is you were bringing up?
Speaker 7: You nailed that, Chuck. Over the last couple of weeks, people are putting these dots together. They're saying, well, this is beyond statistics. Yeah, this is a strange going on here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a lot of can yeah you live, don't.
Speaker 7: These people were working at the town but the row of the Town period would be thirteen years ago because that was the last project that the general was working on.
Speaker 3: Thirteen years ago.
Speaker 4: Is that the project to make that special kind of metal that scientist was responsible for.
Speaker 7: I do not know what those people were working on. My guess would be rockets.
Speaker 3: That would be my guest too.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's why I said either weapons or travel, but I'm thinking, you know, maybe both, but either way rocket, right, I mean we're talking about rocket technologies here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, Yeah, okay, that's the name of the lab. I'm guessing they don't keep me abreast unfortunately, Chuck.
Speaker 3: No, hey, look, no problem.
Speaker 4: I'm just you know, like I said, I had not studied this closely, so I wasn't aware there was this big, large, long pattern of people disappearing that are interconnected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you say you have something else yet?
Speaker 2: Well, I was gonna say mcaslin Like Garcia. It says here that he was last seen in the morning. His wife left for a doctor's appointment and came back he wasn't home. His phone, prescription glasses, and wearable devices were located at the residence. It says, however, additional items to believe to be missing include his hiking boots, wallet, and a thirty eight revolver with a leather holster. So these that's two guys August of last year in February of this year, that leave their home and took their weapon with them. Now, one took his wallet, the other one didn't. But you know, you're leaving home on foot with a pistol. Something's up. Yeah, definitely, unless you're just carrying it for personal protection.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that being the case, why would you leave your home on foot? You know what I mean? That's different? And then you know, I mean, if he's got it and he throws in his car, I get it. But yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: So you know, unless they were going to meet somebody, right, that's the only thing I can figure why they left on foot was because they were meeting somebody.
Speaker 4: Well, right, and look, you're talking about a retired general. I mean, how far is he planning to walk to go meet somebody?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: If he's on foot, I'm just saying, unless somebody came by and picked him up, and we don't know about that. But either way, yeah, you have a strange pattern here emerging. And like I said, I'm just kind of amazed that this wasn't something like, yeah, we already know about this. That wasn't the answer that you got when the president was asked and the president, you know, honestly is not going to be in on everything anyway, no matter who he is. But you know, so, I mean he would direct somebody, though, you would think that the people in charge of investigative agencies, and again, like I said, military intelligence people should be on this. And if not, like Jimmy said, it's a national security issue, I mean, what the hell. You know, he got scientists killing themselves, people getting murdered, people disappearing walking away with a side arm. Yeah, something's very wrong here when they're all connected, I think, you know, Jimmy, that's the point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, something very bizarre is going on. I mean, gee, it sure looks like someone's doing some kind of clean up operation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, that's the thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, I don't know, it seems a little too sloppy for our people to be cleaning up this way, But then again, we've seen sloppy before. You know, is there any indication of foreign you know, intervention in these people's lives. Does anybody have an indication that somebody approached them even anything like that, or is there any hints of that in the story that anybody I mean, Jimmy, do you know anything about that?
Speaker 3: No, yes, oh you do.
Speaker 7: Okay, I can tell you some stuff, but you you won't want to hear it.
Speaker 3: I've been through that before, and it's.
Speaker 7: Just it's speculation based on some things have heard, Okay, just things that I find strange.
Speaker 3: So go for it. What do you What do you got that you know?
Speaker 7: Would you like?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Of course?
Speaker 4: But look, this is speculation on your part based on some information that you've seen, right, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yes, I all right. Now you'll recall mister Senator Captain Kelly of the United States Senate, right, the guy that looks.
Speaker 2: Like the ogre okay yep, formerly.
Speaker 7: A NASA mm hm uh uh yeah, who was the first person the Savannah guth recalled when she found out that her mother was missing. That guy?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 7: What does this guy do? Uh? In as oft times when he's not busy Senatory. Oh, he's in to making balloons with the Chinese.
Speaker 3: Hmmm.
Speaker 7: Well what does that have to do with anything? I don't know, m but I have my suspicions. Eh, something's going on. I hope someone's looking into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope so too, because I mean, if you're talking about Chinese balloons, I mean my first thought is surveillance and stuff like that. Remember those weird incidents we had a couple of years ago with the balloons flying all over place.
Speaker 7: And like you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, how about that? And this time makes exactly those points of balloons with the Chinese. Hmm, how about that? What a heck of a thing.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 4: Well, anyway, let me put you on hold Jimmy real quick. I mean, b Pete, what do you think of that?
Speaker 3: Uh? That's some interesting uh supposition.
Speaker 2: There, you know, it's it's it's Arizona, New Mexico. The crazy people have all moved there, so it's like a little California. Just I'm telling them what's going on.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think all of the people on the ten list are connected. I think some of them died because they died. Some of them, you know, were shot and killed by other people that turned out to be nutbags. But this one, this general, and the guy and the girl that was working for him at the same place, it just seems weird. One disappears hiking, one disappear leaving his house and his pistols missing, and Garcia leaves his house taking his pistol with him and leaving everything else at home. Something is strange there. I don't get it now. Who is the guy? Remember about four years ago, the guy out in California.
Speaker 5: That was found dead in his car.
Speaker 2: I can't think of his name. Somehow he was connected to intelligence and he ended up his his notebooks or notes or something that he had on a particular thing were missing when they found his body. Oh yeah, dig deep. Yeah, I'm wondering if that, you know, is maybe when this stuff started, because this guy just they can't figure out why he was where he was when he ended up getting he got shot in the chest. I think they don't know if it was a random He wasn't robbed, right, but supposedly some of his recent search stuff that he had with him was missing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That that actually happened to a couple of people.
Speaker 4: The one guy was like part of a police agency, and then it turned out he was part of some you know, like national intelligence thing for local police and his notes disappeared. But that guy in California was even stranger because he was tied to federal stuff. I can't you know, I don't recall all the details, but I remember that, and like I said, those balloons over the US. That was like a weird thing that happened. Remember that the balloons made it all the way across the country.
Speaker 2: Nobody took him down show, Yeah, until it got over the ocean, and then they decided to shoot the thing down. Yeah right, Well by then and then they said, oh there was nothing on it, they would allow them to transmit. Then come and find out, oh yeah it could transmit. It was transmitting the whole time.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, So you.
Speaker 4: Know, look, we got some weird stuff going on, and I got to say, the greatest beneficiary of a lot of the political and international even the you know, let's be honest, some of the chaos that's occurring here in the diplomatic spheres of influence.
Speaker 3: You know, I just keep it just sticks in.
Speaker 4: My brain that the Chinese keep benefiting from a whole lot of stuff that's happening, even if it doesn't appear as though they're directly involved. They keep benefiting from everything. I mean, anyway, I don't want to take that supposition or speculation too much further until I look into this thing, especially, but I got to look into it now, because you guys have given me a lot to think about but Danny. I want to get Danny's comments on it, at least or to see what he knows or wants to say, and then we'll get back to Jimmy before we're done here. This is an interesting discussion.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: We started with Dorito's and has anybody noticed price changes at McDonald's and what the cost of a frozen pizza is? And we end up on you know, spycraft and so what the hell is going on with people get murdered and disappearing connected to you know, exotic technologies.
Speaker 3: Danny, Let's see if.
Speaker 5: We can get a many before you go to Danny.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, before you.
Speaker 5: Go to Danny real quick.
Speaker 2: If we do lose the topic or we got to go change topics. They think they had solved the mystery of the lost colony in North Carolina four hundred years ago.
Speaker 3: Oh you're kidding me.
Speaker 2: Figured out what happened now, it's all done through archaeology.
Speaker 5: But go to Danny. Well we'll catch that later.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, and listen, save it for next week, even because I'm fascinated by that story, you know, the colony that disappeared, Because the best idea I thought after looking at that whole thing is that those people just blended into the native tribe, and you know, something happened there where a lot of them probably died off, and what was left of them just sort of joined up with the natives.
Speaker 3: That's what I think. But anyway, let's yeah.
Speaker 5: They absolutely split. Yeah they split, some went one way, some went.
Speaker 2: The other way, but they continued in those areas where they were. But yeah, you're right, it does tie in. They traced DNA back to Tutor, England from some of the people out there on hatter As Islum.
Speaker 3: That makes sense.
Speaker 4: See that finally makes sense of this story where basically a whole settlement just vanishes from history at a certain point. And what I think happened is, like I say again, is that either a sickness came through or a natural disaster came through and a lot of them were killed and then they just sort of blended into what was there, I mean, what was left of them. That's what I think happened. But anyway, we'll get into that, and at another time, let's get to Danny on this other story and probably go back to Jimmy James. So Danny, now that you've heard some more about this, you got any thoughts, and are you familiar with the story.
Speaker 3: And all that.
Speaker 2: I'm becoming familiar. I wasn't familiar.
Speaker 8: But while I was listening to BP and Jimmy James and you talking about the subject matter, I just went in and googled it in and I just started just I didn't read an article, but I must have scrolled through about nearly eighty different headlines and maybe fifty different publications, right, and some of them were international.
Speaker 5: So this is a topic.
Speaker 8: I mean, there's enough information there that people were reporting writing about.
Speaker 5: But as I was getting down.
Speaker 8: About the past the fortieth level of headlines just reading the headlines, they're all kind of saying the same thing.
Speaker 2: Started saying connection with UFOs.
Speaker 8: Then they said, now the FBI is going to be involved. So there's something there that is enough concern to be looking in. There are people looking into it. Yeah, it's interesting, but I don't know. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: No, I got you honest.
Speaker 4: I had only seen a couple of headlines and I saw the clip of like Trump being asked about it, and really hadn't done into it. I mean, like I said, I recall hearing about this some time ago, must have been when mcaskill disappeared in February that I recall hearing about this recently.
Speaker 7: But because I didn't read any of the articles.
Speaker 4: Who's well, he's like the retired general who was allegedly or supposedly I should I don't even know honestly, but he was supposed to be the head of you know, certain agencies and one of the other scientists. Like I said, these are two key things, but there's a whole list of people that have now you know, disappeared or been killed one way or another, either you know, by nut jobs just blowing their heads off, or you know, the one guy before he did a mass shooting went and decided to kill this one scientist apparently. And I mean, there's just a lot of death and destruction, uh, in a very narrow corridor of people, which.
Speaker 3: You know often indicates a trend.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you know, And and it does seem to be a serious national security issue.
Speaker 3: I agree with.
Speaker 4: Jimmy, and what the hell is going on? Yeah, we need to know about this some more. We're gonna have to look into it some more the way I see it, But I'm gonna put you back on hold real quick. Danny, unless you got something else you want to add.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, no, I'm just cool.
Speaker 4: Okay, hang on, and let's see we'll get back to jim How much time do we have left here? We got about twelve minutes left, so we'll get back to Jimmy, who brought up a deep dive into a serious topic here, and I'm glad he did because now it's got my attention, and I want to take a good look into all of this and see what I can do with actual sources and see what I can do outside of you know, what's being printed. But I will look into it some more. Jimmy, this is a hell of a thing though. You know, I don't know if your supposition is correct, but something is definitely up here, and it's serious. I agree with you there, absolutely, just as a cursory look at this is revealing a whole bunch of crazy this.
Speaker 3: So you know, anything else you want to add.
Speaker 7: Well, it's like you said, disturbing. I mean, if if even one of these people have been abducted or some such thing by a foreign power or whatever, that's a huge issue, big issue. Yeah, the recept I heard this general was missing in February I've been lectioning this because you know, I UFOs and all this stuff aside, there's a general missing that alone is a big issue.
Speaker 4: Well, and you know what's funny is I I was recently digging into something else that I haven't discussed anywhere, regarding some of people being abducted or appearing to be abducted, disappearing and then it turns out they wound up, you know, basically being co opted by a foreign nation, and some of them voluntarily, and you know, they die thirty forty years later and it turns out they're you know, buried in somewhere within the Soviet Union, or they're buried somewhere in Israel or whatever else because it turns out they flipped to be a spy. And sometimes people have disappeared been presumed dead and guess what they you know, they either sold out or were forced to sell out, you know, deep information to foreign nations. It's happened a little more than people want to believe. Quite frankly, Jimmy, what are your thoughts on that? Is that a possibility here in all this mess, some of the people that disappeared maybe are somewhere else giving up information.
Speaker 7: That's exactly what I fear. Oh quite frankfully. North Korea has been well known for abducting foreigners for the last fifty sixty years, right, particularly Champian people.
Speaker 4: Well not only that, and yes, they they definitely snag Japanese people constantly, seems like to me. And also you know, South Koreans have been taken often, but you know, people who don't belong to them, they'll snatch them up and they'll I don't know what they do with them because I never get all the information about it, but apparently they've done it more than once. But you know, I think people don't understand the variety of a spy you know, games that go on here, not even just our our direct adversaries, sometimes our own allies. Even you know, some of the most aggressive spy programs that I've ever like examined, you know, after the fact, came from places like Israel, who you know, had heavy, heavy presence of you know, espionage going on. They were digging into us where they're ally and they're not the only ones. There's been European nations who have done to us, and you know, et cetera, et cetera. So the truth is, you know, as much as we'd like to point a China, and they are likely a suspect here because they have the infrastructure, they have the power, They have the ability to disappear people. They have the ability to hide people with no problem. They have this separation, you know, the firewall, if you will, where if somebody disappears in China, you could never you know, hear a peep from them again, or even discover a shred of DNA if you want. It doesn't matter. China could easily take people and get whatever they want out of them. What I'm saying is is that the options are almost endless for this kind of thing, especially if somebody's got some specialized information or they happen to have a particular skill set for a particular type of technology that is desirable to adversaries and allies alike. This is a vulnerability that you know, should not be. This is why they keep a lot of people under heavy secure already when they're involved in these programs and things like that. I mean, there are people that live half of their lives basically in isolation to avoid stuff like this, you know, at the direction and at the care of our own government sometimes and I think people fail to recognize how deep that kind of stuff goes. Jimmy, do you think I'm talking crazy?
Speaker 7: No, You're correct in this instance, the things that are going on, I just I keep it those to China on my mind.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 7: Even the Nancy Guctory case, there appears to be a Hispanic fellow that does the kidnapping on the uh camera.
Speaker 4: So well.
Speaker 7: The Chinese, of course, have been working very closely with the cartels for the last decade. Wow, so they could very easily used cartels to do such a thing.
Speaker 2: And there's yeah, the rest.
Speaker 4: So well, and there's and there's been more than one foreign nation, foreign actors, hackers, et cetera, who have dug into various surveillance systems that people don't even consider would be of use. For instance, you know like the ring cams that people have on their homes.
Speaker 3: Right. Well, look, if you.
Speaker 4: Work in the intelligence community and you just so happen to have ring cameras at your house and stuff like that for surveillance so that you know your neighbors don't steal your freaking lawnmower or whatever. Uh, guess what people tap into those systems illegally unwanted uninvited, and all of a sudden, they've got surveillance. They've got eyes on people when they don't even realize it. Uh, you know, they do the same thing by tapping into ISPs, They get into your router, and they can follow cameras all over your house that you happen to have on your you know, on your TV, on your laptops, on your phone, and they can pick them all off as long as they're tied into your network. And they've done this, you know, on the civilian side of people that have you know, either military or intel you know jobs. They've done this through the spouses, through the kids, straight up, just through their you know, commercial use of things where they should really you know, have completely secured you know, communications and things like that. But not everything is secured, you know what I mean. You might have your personal phone, your personal computer, and they get at you all different ways. I've seen these stories told and a lot of people think, you know, it's just paranoid crap, but it's not.
Speaker 3: It's real. This is going on like as we speak.
Speaker 4: So again, Jimmy, if you want to correct me and call me crazy, go ahead.
Speaker 7: No, I agree. There's some all the politics that we see and get annoyed with. We we a new hat to the paarapolitics, the stuff that we don't see. If pray would drive us all bisserk exactly.
Speaker 4: So, Jimmy, listen, we're coming close to the end of time for tonight's show, so I want to give you a chance to give a shout out. And then I want to give a chance to Danny to give a shout out here, you know, a final thought for the week, but we will continue into next week and again, anybody who makes a contribution, I'm being more than happy to first of all, give you a shout out all the way up to next Friday on the show.
Speaker 3: Whatever shows I do.
Speaker 4: Number one, number two, I will send you a personal gift in the mail, something personalized to you one way or another. And yeah, I'm doing that just to say thanks for contributing to this time period, which April is the worst month for me, Bill's wise, keeping the network going, et cetera.
Speaker 3: I want to expand.
Speaker 4: And besides that, as I reported on Twitter, and nobody gave a crap. Nobody pays for the memberships at o'chelly dot com anymore. And I offered if somebody wants to throw fifty dollars toward that, I'll open up the entire member section to the general public on your behalf, and of course announce and think and tell everybody else they need to thank you for doing so.
Speaker 3: But any contribution is helpful.
Speaker 4: The cash app allows me to pay some bills directly, excuse me, and not have to transfer things around. But however you do it, you're welcome to it. So please, do I want to send you a personal thank you if you give me a mailing address after you make a donation, certainly, But there you go. I'm tired of saying this, and we will be back next week with the call in show. But until then, what is your final thought for the week, Jimmy James.
Speaker 7: Everyone out there would be very careful keep your eyes up for Caddy Perry. She's out there, she's on the loose, she's wanted for rape. She's a dangerous woman.
Speaker 2: Katy Perry's won it for right.
Speaker 7: Another woman accused her.
Speaker 4: Wow, Joe, Wow, Okay, Jimmy, I did I had no idea. Uh okay, I'm a little shocked, but that's fine. And you know what, you should always have situational awareness and uh you know, protect your neck, you know what I'm saying. Anyways, Danny, Uh, I'm not afraid of Katy Perry, but some people are and maybe they should be.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: Your final thought for the week.
Speaker 15: Uh, thank you for opening up an interesting subject. Uh is I've been reading it long here that general uh seems to be connected to some this Monica Raisa from uh GPL with the funding. It's an interesting topic. Thank you for gutter same topics that they need to do a little more research.
Speaker 8: Uh right, shout out to Jimmy's the piece and DP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go support.
Speaker 8: The food banks and everybody out there listening help Chuck, you know, jourmate, which can little a lot would be appreciated.
Speaker 4: No, absolutely true, absolutely true. And Danny, just for the record, be on the lookout in your mailbox because there's a little personal tank you that is showing up there at some point and as as will be for anybody who takes care of that this week and makes a you know, contribution. If you give me a mailing address, I will certainly mail you something that.
Speaker 3: Only you will get in the mail.
Speaker 4: Nobody is getting two things alike, except you may all get a note that says thank you with my signature on it. That might be a common thing. But other than that, what you get in the mail is only for you, and be more than happy to send out more thank you gifts if I get some more support. So Danny, look, thank you for that very much. But all credit goes to Jimmy James on this for bringing it up and bringing it to my attention more because I had seen it and sort of passed it by because you know, who the hell can keep track of everything lately? It's impossible. But I appreciate you man, and all of your sentiments. I echo them. Thank you for calling in, Danny, and I now put you on hold. And you know, BPTE your final word for the week, my brother.
Speaker 2: Well, I just glad for Danny and Jimmy calling in, and I'm glad that we could get some things taking care of them paid off this month. Other than that, you know, go to a Chelly dot com and hit the cash app button.
Speaker 7: Do it you can.
Speaker 2: Every little bit helps and we'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, and look it is that look.
Speaker 4: I barely know how to use it, but if you use cash app, it's dollar signed the Ocelly effect. You capitalize the T, you capitalize the O, you capitalize the E. I'm not sure if you even have to do that because I barely use this thing, but they took away almost everything else. So we have missus O's PayPal and that to convey a donation. Otherwise, you know, contact me if you want to mail something, I guess. But other than that, I mean, that's all I got, And I appreciate those of you that did. As I said. I gave shout outs already during the show more than once, and I will do it again next week for the people that did, and the people that you know, I hope will, So there you go. In the meantime, I am merely o'celly. All of you should be the effect in one way or another. And look, you can support by sharing the show. You can support by informing people about it. You can support by a whole lot of different ways, but every single way counts. And I appreciate any of you that take the time to listen, whether you're hearing us live or you know, later on with the podcast. And we're hoping to expand things in twenty twenty six, going into twenty twenty seven, and we'll deal with next year when we get to April again. But until then, like I said, no matter who you are ready or where you are