Speaker 1: Hey everyone, I'm Nicole and I'm Ben and you're listening to Wicked and Grim.
Speaker 2: A true crime podcast morning.
Speaker 1: The following podcast, Jane's grabbing content and material intended more mature audience listener discretion. I don't know how to start this off.
Speaker 2: It's just like blankly we say, because I was like, are you starting us off? For? I was going to, but then you look like you had something to say.
Speaker 1: I felt like I broke. I was like, no, nothing came out. So here we are. Hey, what's up here?
Speaker 2: We are? Wow? That was quite an intro there.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to Wicked and Yeah, Yeah, we got some news today. We're going to keep it fairly short because last few episodes we've gone on a little bit. But to start with, we have a website now officially up and running. Oh my goodness, so check it out Wickedingingrim dot com. We got a blog on there, we got links toll our social media including Instagram, TikTok, and we're starting a YouTube channel so it'll be there as well.
Speaker 2: That's so cool. So they could even go and watch the YouTube video.
Speaker 1: They can't. We only have one up and it's not anything to brag about just yet.
Speaker 2: But well, it's just like showing who we are a bit more our life situation.
Speaker 1: So yeah, put a lot of available grease into that website. So go check it out, go give our blog or read, and of course listen to all our podcast episodes if you haven't already. We appreciate you guys and the support you just put.
Speaker 2: That up last week, right, it went live.
Speaker 1: It went live I think on Thursday last week, yeah, or something like that.
Speaker 2: Sweet, and this is a U episode And I'm normally having an alcoholic beverage because I need it, because you usually pick quite intense cases like I think you did today.
Speaker 1: This is the most intense case so far easily.
Speaker 2: But I'm drinking a cold juicery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we both got cold juicery again and we just.
Speaker 2: Wanted to bring it up one more time because that discount code wicked fifteen.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: It's only active for like another week. So if you were wanting to try the juice and you haven't yet, now as your reminder to go do that, head to.
Speaker 1: Cold Juicery or is it the social media's cold juicery?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so head to Cold Juicery. You can order online or if you're local Wicked fifteen and you got fifteen percent off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a sweet deal.
Speaker 1: Boom. So you ready to get into this episode?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I almost like, can we talk more because I'm worried because you've said it's so brude.
Speaker 1: This is probably the most brutal case we've covered so far. So I want to give like a severe trigger warning. Take our warning at the beginning of the podcast to heart, like we mean it. I mean, when you're listening to the Maple Syrup case, maybe not so much, but this one, Yeah, it's it dives into some really dark torture rape. So yeah, yeah, just warning about that because this case, because you know how every case has like it's the murderer's name, the victim's name, location, all that sort of stuff, and a lot of time media puts like a nickname to it. The nickname or title of this case is forty four days of Hell.
Speaker 2: Oh, and I just hate that. I hate everything about it.
Speaker 1: And it's very literally forty four days of hell. This is the case of Junko Faruta. Okay, you're ready.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, I think so the amount of times in a week you remind me that this is a true crime podcast. I better be ready. I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you better be because this is nothing short of horrific. Okay, so fore warning, buckle up your seat belts. Ladies and gentlemen. Mostly ladies. That's our primary demographic. It is fun fact, but there are some of you gentlemen out there and everyone in between and on either end. Buckle up your seat belts because this is going to be dark.
Speaker 2: A bump a rod.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So let's get into this. So, like I said, this is forty four days of Hell, the story of Junko Faruda, and it takes place in November of nineteen eighty eight, the year you and I were born. Oh yeah, so we were just little babes.
Speaker 2: Little tiny babies.
Speaker 1: Junco at the time, however, was not a little babe. She was sixteen year old years old, so she was fairly young, but definitely not a baby that young. She's that young. So Junko was sixteen years old and she lived in Misato, Misato, Japan. Okay, so there's the Japanese names in here. I'm sorry if I butcher them. I'm gonna do my best.
Speaker 2: Taking us over to Japan. Hey, this is our first Japan.
Speaker 1: But I think this is our first Japanese case. Yeah, that's cool, and it just so happens to be the worst one we've covered yet.
Speaker 2: Right on.
Speaker 1: So, she lived approximately seventy kilometers away from Tokyo. That's where Misoto or Masato, Japan is located. Okay, She lived with her parents and she she was a middle child of two brothers. She attended yeshoh Menemy High School. I'm sorry again, names. Anyway, she attended that high school, and she worked at a part time job in a plastic molding factory during her after school hours for I think it was about two months as she worked there just you know, saving money up for graduation, that sort of thing right after grad We've all been there, you know, kind of a job ending high school. My first job was a pizza place, Tim Horton, serving up that good good coffee. It's not even good coffee.
Speaker 2: Anymore, Tim trash, It's not great.
Speaker 1: So I was slinging pizzas. That was fun. I got free pizzas though, that.
Speaker 2: Was I actually reaped benefits of that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So while she was working attending school, she was a pretty good individual. She kept her nose clean, sort of sort of speak. She didn't drink, she didn't smoke. She was fairly well liked by all her classmates. She was, you know, kind of pretty popular. She high grades very frequent and uh infrequent sorry absenteeisms. She was also like a very beautiful girl, very warm and carrying smile, which only added to her popularity. I think it's like one of those things, what's that when you graduate valedictorian. I think she's kind of like valadictorian type material from what I've read.
Speaker 2: Anyways, popular but smart, exactly good head on your shoulders, very well liked.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, though, her beauty did catch the eye of a school bully as well. His name, this dude is fucking trash. I hate say his name, but we are going to say his name, and I don't give him any more credit than he needs. But he's Hiroshi Miano, so okay. Hiroshi was not only a school bully, though, he was also known to have affiliate ties with the yakuza, which is not cool. Do you know what the accus is? You have no idea?
Speaker 2: What idea? This is?
Speaker 1: Like Japanese gangsters?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I kind of figured something like that.
Speaker 1: They're the Eastern equivalent of the American mafia, Like they are.
Speaker 2: Hardcore, okay, and he's in his high school and he has ties to that.
Speaker 1: Eh yeah.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is with yakuza a lot of the times, it's like it's passed down generation generation sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Family.
Speaker 1: His family, his family most likely had ties, which means he has those ties and he's leading in that family way. So yeah. Anyways, they're basically known for like how ruthless they are, and they regarded as one of the most sophisticated and wealthiest criminal organizations in the world.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: So Yukuza, Like if you go to Japan today, Yeah, you generally want to cover up your tattoos because tattoos generally show you have ties to criminal activity because the Yakuza are known for their full body tattoos. Really yeah, and they're often seen like in very very well dressed like suits and all this sort of stuff. They're very sophisticated looking individuals, but they're like fully tattooed, like neck to ankles.
Speaker 2: So if you went you'd have to cover your tattoos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you have tattoos, you're not allowed in the bath house in Japan because there's like you know, like a pool or a hot tub or whatever like that. Right, Yeah, you can't. They're prohibited if you have tattoos.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Okay, learning.
Speaker 1: Some new stuff today always Okay. So where am I here? I've been chatting and I looked away from my list. Okay, here we go. Okay. So Hiroshi, you know, being attracted to Junko, eventually approached her and asked her out. But Junko respectfully declined, which didn't do well for uh Hiroshi's pride and confidence.
Speaker 2: Right, so we'll suck up buttercuts.
Speaker 1: I know, right Like this, this dude like fucking takes it to heart with his reputation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rejection is part of life.
Speaker 1: It is. So anyways, you can only imagine like this, this made him furious. He's pissed because he gets what he wants sort of thing. Is that kind of guy?
Speaker 2: I already think he's an asshole?
Speaker 1: Oh he is? Just just wait okay. Anyways, Roshi set out on revenge against Junco. He didn't really have a plan of any sorts, but he had. He's like, I'm gonna fucking.
Speaker 2: Get her for this just because she said no, yep.
Speaker 1: Just because he turned her down or she turned him down.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, right on.
Speaker 1: So on November twenty fifth, nineteen eighty eight, Hiroshi and his friend, I'm gonna butcher names here. I'm sorry, no boo rahu minato.
Speaker 2: Anyways, it's a facial expression that you have trying to pronounce it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. No boo haru, no boo, no boo haru, no boo haaro, I think is how it is to his friend. Yes, his friend, no boo haru. We're wandering around town with and this is where we start kind of understanding the sort of people they are with the intention of robbing and raping local women.
Speaker 2: Sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so these guys are fucking assholes.
Speaker 2: So is that friend part of the freaking gang thing too?
Speaker 1: I don't know how his friends are tied into the yakuza, or if they are just tied in Yeahiroshi, okay, I never did find any specific links with that. I do know his friends are walking down the same sort of path, whether they are actually tied or they just think that they're.
Speaker 2: Like well, that's like really fucked Like who goes downtown and high school wandering around looking to rape women. It's fucked up, Like that's brutal.
Speaker 1: So anyways, they had a group of friends who had a history of gang rape, which is fucking gross, and they recently had actually kidnapped and raped another girl whom they released afterwards. Wow, so this is a sort of fucking trash. We're dealing with like garbage human beings.
Speaker 2: And they're not getting like caught from that one.
Speaker 1: Yep. No, okay, ties to the accused of people are afraid to speak up or say anything. Even the police are afraid die. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sweet, it sounds like a really good situation.
Speaker 1: Not very much. No, I think your head's in the wrong space. It's not a good situation.
Speaker 2: No, it sounds terrible.
Speaker 1: I know it's bad.
Speaker 2: If people don't know, my tzark hasn't by now I know.
Speaker 1: At eight thirty pm, they spotted Junco riding her bike home after school as she finished her shift at her job after school. So this was perfect for Hiroshi, and Hiroshi in his mind, so he ordered his friend to attack her.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So his plan was that his friend would run at her, kick her off his off her bike, knocking her to the ground, then quickly fleeing the scene okay, leaving Hiroshi to jump in and help her to her feet as a gentleman and escort her safely home. Oh so this is the plot that he set up, which I mean is so he's.
Speaker 2: Trying to like win her over still but in it probably mean something's going wrong way.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that in a minute here. But from the surface, he's trying to be the gentleman, you know, like and win her over sort of thing in a very trash, skeevy sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, because she wouldn't got knocked off her bike.
Speaker 1: If it wasn't for him exactly. So this is like a typical Hollywood movie sort of thing where it's like, oh, you know, go do this so I can like swoop in sort of, Yeah, don't do that. Kid's it's stupid. It is stupid, but definitely don't do what he does do because he has other plans in mind than what you just see on the surface. So, under this pretenses of witnessing the attack by coincidence, Hiroshi approached Junko helped drop you know, offer to walk her home, and she reluctantly accepted.
Speaker 2: Oh she should have said, hell no, she should have.
Speaker 1: But I don't think it would have changed much in all honesty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they began to walk, but however, she was unaware that Hiroshi was actually not leading her in the right direction. He was, in fact leading her to a nearby warehouse, where he began to reveal his connections to the yakuza.
Speaker 2: Okay, specifically to her when she would have turned him down or whatever. She didn't know.
Speaker 1: No, I mean that some people you know, thought and that sort of thing. There was like, yeah, talk gossip of it, and he's like.
Speaker 2: Specifically, he's like, yeah, so okay, So.
Speaker 1: Now she is alone with some fucking dude who's got all these gang fucking ties, leading her to a warehouse.
Speaker 2: Who's a bad guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So once inside the warehouse, Hiroshi attacked her and raped her.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, right to it. Oh I want to Oh, what a nasty mofo.
Speaker 1: It's disgusting. And this is only beginning. This is just the start of this, because.
Speaker 2: This is day one and you already gave us that weird title.
Speaker 1: So shortly after, again in a nearby hotel, he brought her there and raped her again. The whole time he continued to threaten to kill her, and if she fought back or tried to run, she was gonna die.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: From the hotel, Hiroshi called his friend Minoto Minato I think was his last name, his friend who kicked her off the bike. I'm gonna say Minato because that's his easier name to say. Okay, and his other friends Joe Ogura and yash Yasushi Watanbi. I think that's how you say their names. I'm really struggling with this. I'm sorry. Anyways, he called his other two friends, so there's a total of four boys now, and he bragged them about having junco and raping her.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, what a piece of shit.
Speaker 1: So one of those friends is also a piece of shit. Well they all are, but they all I'm sure.
Speaker 2: They all are.
Speaker 1: But one of his friends in this conversation, when Hiroshi was bragging about it, he reportedly asked Roshi to keep her there so he and numerous others could assault and rape her as well. No, no, yes, that is what happens.
Speaker 2: This is like the crowd that they're hanging like. And these are young boys, like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, these are teenagers. These are high school kids.
Speaker 2: I mean, not that it matters the age, but geez, I think they were.
Speaker 1: They were varying age. I think two of them were seventeen, when was sixteen and one was eighteen.
Speaker 2: I think, Oh I wish I had alcohol.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't. You got to sit through.
Speaker 2: This, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: So around three am, Hiroshi took Juco to a nearby park where he and his or was where his friends were waiting. Sorry. By this time, Hiroshi had learned Juco's home address from a notebook in her backpack as well, because he was going through things and shit, sweet, they told her that if that she knew where she lived now, so if she didn't do what they said, she tried to run, well, family risk. Your family will die. If you try and leave, you try and escape, you try call for help, your family will die.
Speaker 2: And honestly, it's like that's probably the truth.
Speaker 1: Really probably probably well, I mean, you know, I don't know, because I mean he might have ties to the Akuza yukuza. Sorry, but he is a fucking kid, So what is he gonna do? Run home, tell his dad that a girl that he was raping got away, so we should go kill her family.
Speaker 2: Like probably him and those three friends though, could go and do something because he's already freaking pissed off. Oh yeah, it doesn't like her, so I don't there's a possibility.
Speaker 1: There's a possibility, but I don't know if it's a probability. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But then yeah, in that situation, I'm sure you'd think it was very much.
Speaker 1: So yeah, exactly, I'm not I'm not questioning her decisions. I'm questioning whether his threat.
Speaker 2: He actually would do it. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyways, from there, the four boys took her to you know, I'm going to try and say his first name, because just for consistency, I've been saying all the other first names. So here we go Noboo Aru no Boooro and went to Noboo Aru's house, which became their regular hangout and Junko's official prison for the next that.
Speaker 2: Took her to someone one of.
Speaker 1: Their houses, Yes, one of the four boys houses.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got really distracted the.
Speaker 1: Boy who kicked her off the bike. Okay, so they took Junko to his house.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to know why I got really distracted. It's kind of funny actually, because when we're trying to pronounce words, because remember that one case I did, it was like Jenna Roo and you just like grew like we always just added at the ends of our WEE can't pronounce.
Speaker 1: Was I making fun of you on like? Behind the scenes? Was that on air?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think behind the scenes, I was like, Jenna Roo.
Speaker 1: All right, because you're like, how do I pronounce his name? Jenna Rooh? And I started laughing at you for it? Okay, anyways, going and make fun of me. Anyways, they took Junko to this boy's house where it was now her official prison and their regular hangout. Oh and once they got there, of course, they began to gang rape her. So this is not even twenty four hours and she's been raped multiple times.
Speaker 2: That makes you want to barth, Like that's just so nasty, that's just so disgusting.
Speaker 1: Just wait, just wait. So when no Boo Roo no Boo Oro, when his parents were around, Junku was forced to act as his girlfriend what Yes. However, they quickly dropped this pretense as it became clear that his parents would not report anything to the police. Why because Noboooru's parents stated they did not intervene because they were aware of Hiroshi's Yakuza connections and were afraid for their lives. That is bullshit, and because their own son was becoming increasingly violent towards them. Also had a brother who did nothing to prevent this, which I'm going to assume probably partook in raping at some point, though I couldn't find anything on it. That's my assumption. But if he didn't do anything, I'm sure he didn't just sit back and not do anything. He probably partook.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, that is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the family did nothing of this girl imprisoned in the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm mad.
Speaker 1: It makes me sick to my stomach, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's freaking aft. Okay, No, but keep going, because I'm sure it gets fucking worse.
Speaker 1: Oh it does, it does. Remember, this is only like a couple days in. Hold on, did I get a date wrong here? You got to go back for a second. Just check something because I said November. Oh that was a twenty fifth Okay. So no, I'm good, I'm good, okay, Okay. So, on November twenty seventh, Junko's parents and police filed her as a missing person. You know, she's been missing. She went missing at eight thirty pm on November twenty fifth.
Speaker 2: So sorry, her parents.
Speaker 1: Yes, Juco's parents. Okay, So on November twenty seventh, she was officially a missing person. Okay. Some new sources of course, you know, began to distribute her picture asking for the public's help, and local authorities began investigating, starting with her disappearance and last known whereabouts Yeah, which was eight thirty PM when she left work.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This of course made Heroshi and the other boys a bit nervous because now everyone's out there looking for her. So so to get the police off their trail and halt the investigation, they forced Juko to call her parents and say she had actually run away and was safe staying with some friends.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: The boys continued with the idea that if she didn't do so, they would kill her her family, and if they tried to run like they're going to be hunted down, the yakuza will get you.
Speaker 2: That's really sad.
Speaker 1: So this would be the last time Junko spoke to her parents. I just want to address this, Like, even though Junko was kidnapped so far, beaten, gang raped over the course of these past few days, she was still able to call her parents, keep her composure prevent them from realizing something was wrong. And say her final goodbye to her parents to protect all in the name of protecting her family.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So this right here, Junko is our badass of the day. She goes through fucking hell and high water all to protect her family.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I am so sad for her, though, I Yeah, And I just feel like that, Okay, that's just so sad to have to do that, like get your shit together when you're like in basically the worst moment of your life ever, ever imaginable. Yeah, and to phone and like and you could think it's your last goodbye or whatever.
Speaker 1: And she keeps it all together and lets her parents know that she's safe and make sure that she does it all just to protect her family. Yeah, that's well, it's extremely sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, that is like really impressive of her.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Junko was our official bad ass of the day, just throwing that out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, with news of.
Speaker 1: Juco calling and informing her parents that she was safe, the police investigation stopped. Oh, they stopped investigating, asking questions, searching for Juco. She was now an indefinite prisoner and no hope of no hopes of rescue.
Speaker 2: I don't know why that was shocking to me that they investigat wouldn't be off.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm kind of shocked too, because just because someone says, oh, no, I'm good, Like, really, are you good? How do we know? How do we know you're not at some dude's house being forced to say this?
Speaker 2: Right? Your parents would still obviously probably be worried, you think.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they're worried. But they took her word for it. She's a really good girl, right, so they're trusting her. Yeah, so now she's trapped, no one looking for her. The group of boys continued to hold Juco captive in this house for forty more days, for a total of that forty four days.
Speaker 2: In hell, that's fucked.
Speaker 1: So we're going to get into what happened to Juco throughout these.
Speaker 2: Days, are we really?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, so buckle up because this is where it gets back.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, So, she was of course repeatedly beaten, raped, and tortured during those forty days. She wasn't just assaulted by the four boys they shared her with whoever they wanted. There are some reports of her being raped over four hundred times by one hundred different individuals. I said, that really weird. Different individuals.
Speaker 2: Holy though, it.
Speaker 1: Makes me sick to my fucking stomach that one hundred different people went there to take advantage of her knowing was missing, yes, and didn't do anything to help her, had no fucking conscience and fucking added to her torture.
Speaker 2: Those people are just as bad.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck yeah, just as.
Speaker 2: Bad because like, out of one hundred people, one of them would be like decent enough to go to the fucking police say something.
Speaker 1: And this is why it leads me to believe that that one boy's brother was probably raping her as well. Because a hundred different people approximately were involved in raping her, I'm sure he was one of them. He's in that house seeing people come and go. He probably joined in.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, I can't even believe that, Like this is a gang members coming, Like I just can't even believe that.
Speaker 1: And the parents are just letting this happen, Holy brig just letting it happen. All these people come and go and just take part in this sickening shit.
Speaker 2: I'm just like shocked almost, Like that's just I can't even Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, according to the statement of the boys, some of the things she went through included severe beatings and I mean severe beatings, often with bamboo sticks. The four boys shaved her pubic hair, forced her to dance to music while naked, and masturbate in front of them. Each night, she was left on a balcony with very little clothing. And I can imagine people would be seeing this and just not saying shit.
Speaker 2: Well yeah what yeah.
Speaker 1: She was force fed large amounts of alcohol, milk, and water, and near the end only milk. God knows why. But she was also forced to smoke multiple cigarettes and like at one sorry, just smoke like shit ton of cigarettes and inhale paint thinner cigarette burns. Her cigarettes were put out on her, not just on her but also on her genitals.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Repeatedly, she had her arms and legs soaked with lighter fluid and lit on fire.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 1: She was hung from the ceiling and used as a literal punching bag. She forcefully had her nipples pierced with sewing needles, and she had her left nipple ripped off with a pair of pliers. This is fucked up.
Speaker 2: I know, I don't even know what to say.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, like it is so fucked This case is forty four days of hell for a reason. I found this case scrolling through TikTok, and once I started researching it a bit, I just could not believe the shit she went through. And this is only some of the reports. I'm sure they didn't say everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I can't even get they literally like obviously get caught or something at one point, and it's like they have to tell like police what the fuck they did? Yeah, Like can they I just can't even imagine that they like, do they not feel like just they Oh, Like I can't even I don't think.
Speaker 1: They fucking feel anything.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're holy shit, Like I feel bad if I like kill the mouse and had to tell someone that, Yeah, and they're like doing this kind of shit to someone and having to like then testify or whatever, and like they're nasty motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck, yeah, they deserve to burn. Actually, because I did a quick story on TikTok about this, I sum this all up in sixty seconds, And one of the comments we got in the video was imagine if she like passes on and becomes some fucking like spirit or some something of like some goddess of some sort, and she's waiting on the other side for these guys for her vengeance.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I hope so.
Speaker 1: I fucking I hope to get something.
Speaker 2: I hope that she can get some sort of yes. Wow. Wow.
Speaker 1: So that's just some of the torturous parts she went through as far as beatings. They also, of course, sexually assaulted her and raped her, sodomized her also with various objects including lit matches, metal rods, skewers, glass bottles, fireworks, scissors, and even a light bulb. A fucking light bulb. Holy shit, that's breaking inside her. Yeah yeah, huh sorry, I fuck. Anyways, through all this torture and rape, she began to actually lose muscle function and began to urinate and defecate on herself as she couldn't control her own body due to the severe damage and infectious wounds.
Speaker 2: Well honestly, like she's probably just wishing that she would die.
Speaker 1: She was at times begging for them to kill her.
Speaker 2: I could only imagine.
Speaker 1: So by the end of December, Junko was severely malnourished after being fed only small amounts of food and, like I said, eventually only milk yea. Due to her severe condition, she lost strength and was even unable to walk because she was just being beaten so much, maltinourished, and she eventually became confined to the floor of the boy's bedroom, in which she was staying at his house. Right on January fourth, nineteen eighty nine, Hiroshi and the boys were actually playing Majong Majong. I don't know how if it's what that is, Majong.
Speaker 2: It's I don't even give a shit what they're doing. It's kind of like a.
Speaker 1: Japanese domino kind of game where we lay tiles down fun. They're playing Majong with Junco, and after losing to her, they began to once again severely beat her because she's she's smart. Remember, she knows how, she's very intelligent. Yeah, she probably whooped their ass of the game very easily.
Speaker 2: Still even after like the condition she's in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the four boys began to kick and punch her while she's laying on the floor. They ignited candles, dripping hot wax on her face and eyes. I can't fucking get over this. I'm sorry. They forced her to drink her own urine, and through the beating, she eventually fell into a fit of convulsions. While the boys continued to assault her, they continued, because this wasn't abnormal, this happened before.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, she.
Speaker 1: Was bleeding and pus was seeping from her wounds so much that the boys were actually wrapping their hands in plastic bags to prevent getting any of her fluids on them.
Speaker 2: God, yeah, okay, I feel like I'm like acting very quiet story, but I'm just like I've my brain just can't even. I just can't.
Speaker 1: I can't wrap my mind around this either. It's so so fucked up. They continued to beat her, and they began to again pour lighter fluid onto her her her thighs, arms, face, stomach, and they set her on fire while dropping dumb bells on her, like weightlifting dumbells on her her stomach.
Speaker 2: Oh, please tell me that's the end.
Speaker 1: Junko allegedly made attempts to put out the fire, but gradually became unresponsive. The attack reportedly lasted up to two hours, and it left her laying motionless on the floor. Junko finally succumbed to her wounds, and she died.
Speaker 2: Thank God. I can't believe she lasted that long.
Speaker 1: Forty four days of hell, and I mean absolute hell.
Speaker 2: Absolute hell, Like I don't even think hell is that bad.
Speaker 1: No. However, the boys actually didn't realize she died because convulsions being unconscious was normal. That's how they be Shit was almost twenty four hours later when they realized she wasn't just unconscious, but she had died.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe that they kept her this long. I know, And like, I also like, I'm sorry, but I can't get over the parent situation. Like that parent situation to me is so unbelievably fucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I just don't do it.
Speaker 2: The whole thing is. But it's like you're gonna just let your kid like do this.
Speaker 1: Well, let's put this into perspective a little bit here. Not that I'm agreeing with the parents, don't get me wrong there, just that sounded like I was going to I'm not if the parents are putting up with this with their kid being a teenager now and they're afraid for their life or the bad shit he's doing. How did they raise him to start with? If they probably put in proper fucking parenting, they probably wouldn't have got to where they are today.
Speaker 2: Well, I know, I honestly, like I really I don't. I feel bad saying this, but you could assume that they're just shit shit parents.
Speaker 1: Well, if they're not doing anything about a girl being raped by over one hundred individuals brutally beaten over the course of over a month in your own house, they're fucking shit humans parents everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes me so ill.
Speaker 1: So so within twenty four hours, they actually did realize that she was dead, not just unconscious.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they deserve a fucking metal They're dumb ass motherfucker, I know.
Speaker 1: But they weren't too concerned with her death because apparently she became she became too ugly over the course of the forty four days do her to do to her severe beating. Wow, And they weren't too upset with it. They were kind of gross out by her at this point.
Speaker 2: Wow. Cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they were concerned about getting caught by the police.
Speaker 2: Please tell me they do, and please tell me that they're dead.
Speaker 1: We'll get we'll get to that. We'll get to it. So the boys wrapped up her body and some towels, shoved her into a duffel bag and put her inside an oil drum. They began to fill it up with concrete and dispose of her body on a cement truck.
Speaker 2: What does that even mean.
Speaker 1: I'm not too sure what disposed of her body on a cement truck means. I'm pretty sure because they did find her body eventually, clearly cement. They encased her in cement inside an oil drum, and then I like, put that drum on a truck somewhere, probably where there's other drums filled with cement of something. Any any report I could find, It was just on a cement truck. That's all it ever said. So and that was hold on, hold on, Oh sorry, yeah, okay, So that was that for the four boys. They basically just went on with their life. They didn't care about I didn't care about what they did. Thing happened like nothing happened so much so, in fact, they continued their assault and violence.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you're kidding me. No, dead, seriously, I don't know why that shocks me, but good frickin' lord.
Speaker 1: It was two weeks later the police arrested Hiroshi and one of his friends, Joe, on a separate gang rape charge. So they just keep doing it to other people? Wow, Holy well, they got away with it. Why not do it again? Because clearly they don't feel a fucking thing for human beings or anyone.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're like scum of earth.
Speaker 1: Eh, you'll you'll like this part though, once they're captured here for these rape charges. Because during Hiroshi's interrogation, the police mentioned an open investigation even though there wasn't actually one. They're just using tactics try and get him to talk about other shit. He's done, right, so we know that there's a rape investigation. We think you might be tied to it. They're just using it to get him to try and talk, right, okay, And believing that his friend that he was captured with, Joe, who was involved in Juko's rape, beating, murder, all of that, so believing believing Joe was spilling the beans, Hiroshi just started talking.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, he's an idiot.
Speaker 1: He is, He's a fucking asshole, douchebag, idiot, every fucking name.
Speaker 2: I can every name. Things we shouldn't be saying on here, even Oh did I just pull my shit out?
Speaker 1: I don't know, did you? What did you do? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was playing with the cord because I need something to calm myself.
Speaker 1: We'll stop playing with the cod I think we're we're good. So Hiroshie confessed to the whole thing, recounting the forty four days of torture and told the police where they could find Juco's body.
Speaker 2: And they were probably just like shocked.
Speaker 1: Oh fucking freaking because as far as they know, Juco's just run away.
Speaker 2: And say yeah and hanging with friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, Originally the names of the four boys were actually being withheld by Japanese court because they were teenagers and considered minors. However, a journalist exposed them and publish their names, stating that after what they had done to her, they didn't deserve to have their human rights upheld.
Speaker 2: In my one percent agree, So.
Speaker 1: All four perpetrators were caught. However, I'm sure not all one hundred were identify. These four boys were the only ones who were identified.
Speaker 2: Okay, none of the other ones were ever got caught or identified.
Speaker 1: No, not as far as I could find in my reports. Anyways, Wow, so yeah, wow, you're good.
Speaker 2: No, because I think all of them deserve to die.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck yeah, they didn't have to fucking rot and burn. So anyways, however, because they were all under age and they were caught and everything right, were tried as juveniles, not as adults.
Speaker 2: They actually got tried as juveniles. They did saying that.
Speaker 1: How so three of the four boys served less than eight years in jail okay, and the leader, Hiroshi, was sentenced to seventeen years after his.
Speaker 2: Appeal, someone murdered him in prison right hopefully after.
Speaker 1: His appeal, though, instead of lowering a sentence, there was a judge who actually raised his sentence three years to a total of twenty years.
Speaker 2: Okay, well good for that judge, but it should have been life or show.
Speaker 1: I know. The same judge also did increase two other boys' sentences when they appealed, from five years actually originally to the eight years, so he did increase sentences as much as he could.
Speaker 2: That is not enough time.
Speaker 1: It's not if you do the math, all four boys are free today.
Speaker 2: That yeah, I have done that in my head. They're walking around and there are probably still complete assholes doing shit like shit things.
Speaker 1: Oh, I guarantee it like that.
Speaker 2: One leader says she's probably like full in the gang.
Speaker 1: Yep. And I couldn't really find exactly how this worked, so I didn't like write information on this, but I can kind of describe it to as best as I can there was a court order of it was I believe seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars equivalent to be paid to Juko's family by I think it was Hiroshi's parents. I wasn't I couldn't really find a determined specific fact on it. Yes, yeah, anyways, none of that money went to her parents, none of it.
Speaker 2: Why it went to.
Speaker 1: The other three boys who were imprisoned alongside Heroshi instead. Why because that's just where they gave them money and the government couldn't do anything about it or didn't do anything about it or whatever, make any sense. I know, I know. And once they were let out of prison, they had this money and they just fucking partied it away. Yeah. Yeah, So again, don't quote me on that because I couldn't really find many facts on it. So I'm just kind of describing what I know, but I couldn't find facts. So that's what I know. But I don't know for sure.
Speaker 2: This is just all around shit.
Speaker 1: Hey oh yeah. So, like I said, all four boys been released from jail by now they're in society. But while Horohi was still in jail. This this is just the icing on the cake. His mother went out and desecrated Juco's grave because she blamed Juco for her son being in jail.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Dead fucking serious. So it just goes to show his fucking family and their attitude.
Speaker 2: So he probably got out of jail and just like right back to it his life. Parents like think he's fine and everything just fine and dandy and yep, wow wow.
Speaker 1: And she probably never would have been found if it wasn't for Heroshi thinking yeah, any of this and confessing it all. So they did find her body. She has been laid to rest, but they probably never would have.
Speaker 2: I'm like just like flabbergasted by the parent situation in this too, Like it's just I just can't even. I just can't even, Like, am I gonna even be able to on a scale.
Speaker 1: Of one to even, you just can't.
Speaker 2: I just can't. I'm just done, just done.
Speaker 1: It's it's a brutal case. And that that's that's all I have for the case.
Speaker 2: That's it. I know, sixteen years old only.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And to be fair, all the information we have is all recounts from these four boys, so they could even be downplaying it. They could have done much worse to her.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I can't even actually believe that they confess to that much.
Speaker 1: I know, so I'm sure there was an autopsy that was able to show some but thing the poor thing still so Juco, Yeah, Juca was our badass of the day. She went through literal hell and her perpetrators are they make me fucking sick. Sick. I'm sorry if you guys actually went through and listened to this whole episode, because it is it's, like I said, sick, yeah, but we appreciate you being here, and uh, I don't know, rest in peace to Junco because that's just terrible.
Speaker 2: And I just need to say, I wonder if that judge who like increased her sentence, if his life is almost like in Jeopardy too, with the whole like hopefully everything's okay there because like he's I'm really appreciative of him too.
Speaker 1: Yes, no kidding, but yeah.
Speaker 2: A lots of times there's like some okay ish out comes from a case, and this is just this is not one of them.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of controversy surrounding how these boys were tried and the very little sentencing that they go, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: So that's just it just blows my mind blows my mind. Yeah, and next week I was going to do like a pretty intense case too, and I'm I'll just think about that.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna do an intense case now, I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm just like these poor people.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, well, I'm not sure if you can compete with what Junka went through. Ye wasn't even that bad now, Okay, well we'll find out next time.
Speaker 2: Next week anyway, Yeah, thanks for listening it.
Speaker 1: Make sure you guys stay wicked, Stay wicked.