Speaker 1: The Johnson Wax Program.
Speaker 2: The makers of Johnson's Wax and Johnson's Self Polishing blow Coat presents Marian and Jim Jordan as Pepper McGee and Mulleys with Donald Novis, the Four Notes and Billy Mails Orchestra. The show opens with Hallelujah. Attention car owners, Another new labor saving product is now offered to you by the makers of Johnson's Wax and Johnson's Self Polishing glow coat. The name of this new product is Johnson's carn U c r n U. It's a double action cleaner and wax polish all in one. The job it does is little less than miraculous. Carne saves your time and work. You simply can't compare its fast action with the old difficult methods of car polishing. If your car is now foggy, streaked and dirty, con you will quickly take away all the ugly film give it a dazzling mirror like polish that will amaze you. This new double duty liquid polish goes on in a hurry, dries almost immediately to a white powder. Wipe off the powder with a clean cloth, and there stands your car with a dazzling wax polish a car your family will be proud to ride in. You can easily do the job in an hour, and believe me, you'll call it an hour well spent. Con you both cleans and wax polishes in one simple operation. Buy a can of Johnson's Carn You without delay, at a filling station, auto supply store, garage, or from your regular wax dealer. You'll soon be saying with thousands of car owners, your car looks like new when you use carn You.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Fibber has run out of cigars and has persuaded Molly to walk downtown with him to replenish his supplies. And here walking along at the corner of fourteen adult streets, Wistful Vista, Wait Fire.
Speaker 1: Fibber McGhee and Molly. I still don't know why we didn't take the car, dearie. Seventy days we've hardly used it. Oh, I know. I think it's a good idea now, man, Molly, to walk along the streets of your own town.
Speaker 2: What's good about it?
Speaker 1: Mord brings you closer to things. It gives you the common touch.
Speaker 3: Hey, buddy, can you spare a time for a cup of coffee?
Speaker 4: The common touch.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of a little bit sort of short of change. But here's a Nicholas.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll get a demmy tsye, thanks Bom.
Speaker 1: But he I don't think he really wanted coffee. His nose was off of red those your uncle Dennis's. Look at all the black coffee he has to drink? May I love?
Speaker 4: You know, Dearie, this my uncle Dennis's.
Speaker 1: As he told them, you got something there, I'll the tea. That guy ever drunk wood in total half of pine. Well, I remember one night I looked out the wind and seen him peeking into the mailbox down to the corner. And you know what he was saying.
Speaker 5: What was he saying?
Speaker 1: He was saying, come on, come on out and fight Jim Farley.
Speaker 4: Well he shouldn't have done that, you know, mister Farley twice as.
Speaker 1: Big as Uncle Dennis. I just mentioned. Oh there's Harper Wilcox. Hi, Harper. Oh where are you going in such a hurry, mister Wilcox. I'm going out to buy some fireworks. Fireworks? What's your hurry? Why fourth did July five weeks away?
Speaker 2: I know it, but I always start early, you see, I give fire crackers this premiums low my johnson wax customers.
Speaker 4: Oh, I suppose the idea is the Johnson's wax just that you bang up job.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, but not only that. It emphasizes the fact that Johnson's wax saves so much time and trouble for a housewife that every day.
Speaker 1: Is Independence day. Well, I'll see lair, folks. I gotta hurry, smart guy harpo. I hope our sponsors notice the boom in our summer business. Careful crossing the street here, Molly better, let me take your arm before some truck driver takes your leg. Say you just take care of yourself.
Speaker 4: Heard, Remember the time you get your heel caught in the car tracks.
Speaker 1: You held up traffic for four hours. It would have been longer than that if some genius hadn't suggested I take my shoe off.
Speaker 6: Ho there, Johnny hold d want to buy some homemade peanut brittle.
Speaker 1: It's nutty but nice. No, thank you drill today hee, She says, No, we don't want any old timer personally. I hate to lose dignity by arguing with a hunk of candy, but it never agrees with me. That's pretty good, Johnny, But.
Speaker 5: That ain't the way I heit it.
Speaker 1: Way I hate it, one fella says to the other fella.
Speaker 6: See, I just great an article that says the human body is sixty five percent water.
Speaker 1: Wonderful new who's hated? Sure, Rance, says Ttherfeller.
Speaker 6: Next time I want to play poker with the boys, I can sneak out through the hydrant. Well, say you don't want any peanut brittle kids kind of like it myself.
Speaker 1: I'm a little deaf, and with this stuff, I can always tell.
Speaker 5: When I'm through eating.
Speaker 1: Well, so I'm Johnny, goodbye daughter.
Speaker 6: Nice fresh peanut brittle monkey wrench with everybody to tighten the nuts.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh McGhee, Look, huh isn't that the sweetest pair of shoes in the window. Those beach plogs with a platform souls see.
Speaker 1: I like to get a pair of them myself. I'm so short that whenever I go to the beach, I can't see anything. Oh hi, don Well, hello feb and Molly, where are you bound for?
Speaker 4: We're going down to the cigar star mister Novah and McGee.
Speaker 1: Has run out of cigars.
Speaker 2: I don't blame him if I smoke the kind of cigars he does i'd run out two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was blowing smok rings last summer up the lake and they're still using four.
Speaker 1: Of them for light preservers. Ain't so. I understand he sold three of them for the fire department for horse collars. Now listen here, you two just because I have a guy can't why don't you sing something?
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to I'm going to sing I'm building a sailboat of green.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fine on, folks, Donald nova sing. I do.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, my dear, do you hear them? They're the next tray out straight stiffer.
Speaker 1: We're all about it's not not for me? An extra extra? What's it all about? But I can't understand the word you say?
Speaker 7: Of course you can't, you don't, but you courd We wouldn't sny papers.
Speaker 1: I'll take one boy, okay, lady? Thanks extra extreme? All about it? Extra? What's you say? Molly?
Speaker 4: Heavenly d A big prison break prison? Five desperate criminals escape from Wistful Vista Penitentiary. Citizens are worn to be on guard against convicts beliefs still lurking.
Speaker 1: In this vicinity. You can't blame him much after being cooped up all those years. They just wanted to get out and take a little lurk around. You are nervous, are you, Molly? Well, I am a little Nova's mister nervous. Or I mean.
Speaker 5: With all them convicts.
Speaker 4: Loose and all, I'm not sure a lot of back door and I know.
Speaker 1: I let me diamond ring on the dressing table.
Speaker 4: Say, I better hurry home, hurry back as soon as you get your cigar series.
Speaker 1: Okay, Molly, he's kind of upset at that. Donald, I better get down to the cigar store. How do you want to go into this number colder with a fancy build up. Well, my agent told me, folks, Donald Novaus sings, I'm building a sailboat of dreams shipyard effects by Billy Mills Vegas Don.
Speaker 8: What gon and Lom slumbers, I'm billing a sport of dream It's star of nor was my se radop. Now I'm building the same for off.
Speaker 5: Day day.
Speaker 1: The same way, and find you.
Speaker 5: Saw where my job.
Speaker 1: But kill.
Speaker 8: Or come to till the day I find you five f.
Speaker 1: Tiling the same for or come.
Speaker 8: You Whicky built me?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't know the singing. I'm building a sailboat of greens. Don you sung that so beautifully. I bet ran a dry dock in the house. Well, I better get them cigars and hurry home. Molly's probably Molly's probably gone of nervous coming of skates. Walk some Sorry, I didn't see you coming. Look where you go? There go roller skating? We got everybody bumping into it.
Speaker 5: Why leim me bye?
Speaker 1: Okay, ain't you a little old and riddled to be zipping around on them bungying buicks.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that shorty that if he's been training for next weekend training.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a goalie on the hockey team, and jolly Jimmy, why heat down for the hockey team is that I can just hear the sizzle and that red hot mama hits the ice. Oh hi, Harple, Why see you got your fire crackers? Yeah as well, assortment's too, let's stay him. Oh they're just ordinary fire crackers. I guess I told you what.
Speaker 2: I wanted them for. You see, whenever I start to tell one of my customers about carn, you say, super, get your face out of this bank with a light of cigar.
Speaker 8: Okay, harfle Well.
Speaker 1: When I talk to my customers about carn, you I say carn You. That remarkable new Johnson product.
Speaker 2: Is as easy to apply as a match to a bunch of firecracks.
Speaker 1: Must have dropped the sparkans. You know they've exploded. They've exploded the old theory.
Speaker 2: That you have to wear yourself out to get a beautiful polish on your car. Why nothing, Annoise annoy is a car owner more than a.
Speaker 1: Dingy, dusty car.
Speaker 2: And with carn You, everyone reports reports that is sensationally easy to use. You've got to apply Johnson's Carnue over the clean surface of your car, and bingo, bingo.
Speaker 1: There's your car with a cleaning sales room wax polish.
Speaker 2: I'd tell you, folks, Johnson's carn You is destined to be the most popular pop pop popular automobile polish on the market. Excuse me where I gotta run back again some more fire records.
Speaker 1: I think he's the guy who used to tell me I'd get fished some day for shooting off my mouth inside the city limits. Oh here's a cigar store. Oh hi, Maury, are you stocked up on them old McGee smoke roots? You have still oined me for the last hundred cigars McGhee. Okay, how much a dollar? A quarter? Dollar a quarter? Okay, here you are, give me another two hundred. Say to hear about them convicts escaping? What they do? Dig a tunnel? They try that and gave it top.
Speaker 9: They dug a tunnel five hundred feet long and came up in the first National Bank.
Speaker 1: None of them had an account there, so they had to go back, too bad. Two hundred feet thousand. They had come up in the laundry and made a clean getaway. I understand they're pretty tough characters, amoury now.
Speaker 9: I guess so at least they didn't post no cops in the woods in case they're stopping to.
Speaker 8: Pig my flowers.
Speaker 1: Speaking of wild bars, I hope these cigars are as strong as my last one. You got them ready for me? More sure? Will you take them with your shall I give him the head dress and let them walk over. That's okay, let them walk over, but you better wait till dark. All they got on is the rappers might not be a bad idea. That's the very home and keep an eye on things. I guess they're better go you m oh my, huppy, Hey, what are you doing in front of a cigar store? This ain't one of your hangouts, is it uppy? Mister McGee? Please? What a hollid insinuation.
Speaker 7: I was merely walking past on my way to the ladies club. We have the hurting for that annual please, and I am paying the title rule.
Speaker 1: Well, what is it this year? Ruppy dead end? Oh? I know, I'll bet you do the watch Boss with and angels dirty face?
Speaker 7: Oh not at all, listen McGee, no, no, no, we are there drinking snow flakes.
Speaker 1: And the sixth Dwarf seven Dwarfs. Wasn't it uppy? Yes?
Speaker 7: Yes, but when the missus Bingham Boyt is simply refuse to play the proper stepee, we can't understand it. Glad it has always been so willing before.
Speaker 1: Well maybe she didn't think the partner's start enough for her. So you're going to be snow white? Are you huffy? What are you going to do for a glass coffee?
Speaker 7: Ooh that's very simple, really, mister sneak, And the dedicates is loaning us a glass shop case?
Speaker 1: Do I do?
Speaker 7: Hope I should be able to go through with it until the Prince rescues me. It's simply weeks of ham you know.
Speaker 5: Who the friend.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, the showcase. Well I must be getting on though.
Speaker 7: Oh it's quite warm, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll say it is hupp if I don't know two dollar pistols. I kind of worked up for sweatingself.
Speaker 7: Please, let's make a gentleman. Never horses sweat, Men to fire and women glue, And I simply must be knowing.
Speaker 1: I doing good, Old Uffy tell of them, But women remind me of a dollar alarm clock. Well of good work, sound awful busy and never quite on time. Oh see, what was I gonna do here? Where's for screamsake? Isa? What are you doing standing around on the street like a fragrant without any home? Just come downtown to get some cigars? Make But I gotta go right back home. Say, I'm just meeting mister Willscotts down the street. Oh you did, eh? Sure?
Speaker 9: And he's having a big bag full of fire crackles, tar poodles, pin whizzles, skylackets and Roman kandas.
Speaker 1: Day he's going to set a bright.
Speaker 9: In the declaration of independent push a little primum shortly.
Speaker 1: Isn't he? Oh he's giving them away for premiums. You're going away for the fourth night, No Fizzer, I think.
Speaker 9: I'm staying here because my little boy Demetrios is being personally selected to make a recitationimum of a patriotic poetry.
Speaker 1: What they gonna recite? Nick?
Speaker 9: The recitation he's going to give is a very famous poetry, which the name of it is being the middle of the night drive of Paul Revolver.
Speaker 1: It is going something like this.
Speaker 9: Listen, my squeeges and get the lord of a man who is galloping down the road.
Speaker 1: Never mind, Nick, I'm familiar with that pall when I gotta get home. Morley's worried about them escape.
Speaker 9: Cont they Oh but Fizzer, every good United States of America citizens should have some refreshments for his memory of this great poetry.
Speaker 1: One if by.
Speaker 9: Land, and two if by sea, and three if by railroad, It's okay with me. Hardly a man is now alive, and if he is, he's more than seventy five. Who remembers that famie post day and years safe phistle? Would you like a glass of beans?
Speaker 1: No tanks, Nick, I told you I had to hurry home because.
Speaker 9: One for the money and two for the show. And Paul Revolver was ready to go. When he hung up a signal in the steeple and Paul was watching. He was pretty smart.
Speaker 1: People, Please, Nick, I can't do every middle.
Speaker 9: Sized village in farm. The red Skins are coming. He gave the alarm. It's a good thing he did too, and would be just too bad. And George Washington is the first president we ever had. Oh that is a wonderful poetry vision. And it is teaching us a big lesson too. That horseback rides is just going to show that there has been more than one patriotic canter in our history.
Speaker 1: More than one patriotic Take it.
Speaker 10: John was work from the Lord creaked the God through said full land. He got on the ship and he tried to get away, and he ran through the dorm. In the middle of the seat was a hardy made the way of Justin Rose.
Speaker 1: OHI. The ship began to think, and they all began to cry.
Speaker 10: The day close on Jonah out of the home, and the junks them in the water, just to light enough to loose not the Lord.
Speaker 1: Made the whale long and wide. Lord Lord, wasn't that a fish? And he swallowed up Jonahs hair, And high Lord.
Speaker 10: Lord, wasn't that official.
Speaker 1: Jonah sta pray in the.
Speaker 10: Valley of the whale.
Speaker 8: Lord Lord, wasn't that a bit?
Speaker 10: He repented out of sense like a man in jail. Lord he Lord, wasn't a.
Speaker 8: Jonah.
Speaker 10: Must have been a bad man, must have been a senner? Thy Lord, wasn't that official?
Speaker 1: When the whale got him down? He didn't like the dinner?
Speaker 10: Lord Lord, wasn't that a fish? Rather, he swam around the ocean sink because me? But Lord wasn't that offense. After three days, Whoopy had to set him free, Lord Lording. It wasn't outfit the Jonah.
Speaker 1: O Lord, wasn't that a fit?
Speaker 10: And he went on to paging micro vices. Man o, Lord Lord, wasn't that and seeple princesses when hurt him in the town? Lord Lord, wasn't that offa when's your hear the top of toll?
Speaker 1: Don't you turn the gospel down side?
Speaker 10: The lesson of the gospel?
Speaker 1: Tail?
Speaker 8: I'm Jonah.
Speaker 1: And the way kids, folks. That was the four notes singing Joan and the whale, and they swam and they swam back over the There was another seafood opera, Sweet Believes. One of this part was May's Got all the doors barricaded, and this point in my shotgun up the chimney. I wish he wasn't that must have a company. Wonder who that is? You make one? Mom, move for that window, and we suck your feet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we ain't taking no detection.
Speaker 1: Oh dear, I wish we was here. Oh my gosh, it's them convict, They got molly. What do I do? I'll run next door and phone for the cop.
Speaker 2: He's cool.
Speaker 1: How would I have the cops over here in five minutes? Oh little girl? Will you ask your mam if I can use the phone quick? No? Oh, come on, you gotta why it's it's a matter of life and death. Come on, says quit Stalin. Hurry up, ask your mam if I can use the phone.
Speaker 8: I can't do it at the well?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 4: Oh my mom isn't here?
Speaker 1: Well? Who is here? Me? Hey?
Speaker 7: Is there anybody?
Speaker 1: I mean? Can's up? Listen? Says I'm coming in and use that phone. Okay, Well where is It's the telephone? Dad? Man, it's the telephone. I'll be here in the hall someplace. Where is it? Says hurry? Got they took it out of it? Oh listen, Sis, this is urgent. I gotta get to a telephone. Where's the nearest place I can telephone? Here?
Speaker 4: Huh, we get a telephone?
Speaker 1: I thought that read. If you said they took.
Speaker 4: It off, should they get a bitch? They took it out of the hall and they put it in the j.
Speaker 1: Why does everything have to happen to me?
Speaker 4: Did you ever have the month?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I never had the mouse, and everything hasn't happened to you.
Speaker 1: And please, Sis, there's burglars in our house. I gotta call the police. Where's the telephone in the dining room? Why there you see? Oh? The nickel? That if not a cent of change with me? And this would be a nickel phone?
Speaker 4: No, it isn't.
Speaker 1: Well, p I d ask me if I had a nickel. Oh listen, Sis, let me make this phone call and we'll discuss finances later.
Speaker 4: Oh no, John, When the other neighbors use a telephone, they give me nickel and one tistle.
Speaker 1: Is the way I do. Okay, okay, I'll give you Nicholas. I'll give you time. I'll give you a quarter. Here, give me that phone. Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, whyet this on telephoning? Hello operator, this is an emergency. Give me the fleaeee, Hello, flee station. This is River McGee seventy nine wistful bissay. You know them convicts that escape, Well, they're in my house a seventy nine wistful bist to see. Listen, Officer, get the squad cars out right away, and tell them to take it easy, because they got my wife in there with them. I'd have busted in there myself, but there was no use throwing my own life away. Can have it, okay, officer, thanks, and tell them to hurry. I heard them through the door, and they're pretty desperate. Okay, officer, Oh where's my quarter? Mister, I got time, I says, I'll see you later. I said, don't bother me now, I'll say I gotta get home. Okay.
Speaker 4: But it seems to me that it takes a pretty despicable character to be followed on a business arrangement with a lady, particularly when she has afforded him every facility to restore his loved once to the great American idea of life, celebrity, and the pursuit of happiness.
Speaker 1: Boy, they certainly got here quick. I'll never make fun of a policeman again. Oh I hot, Molly ball right, I shouldn't let her go home all like that. Hey, I'm keep out of the way. Why don't you get hurt? Where does Piper McGee live. I don't know he he looks right over. I mean he's the one. I'm him. I'm Skipper McGee.
Speaker 3: Well, puts pollman and tell us where them convicts as you COM's boys and the tear gas. I listen, captain, Oh he's on the shooting.
Speaker 1: My wife's in there, and them guys have been threatening her. I don't want nothing to happen to her.
Speaker 3: Well, we do the best we can, murphy her musk it, sir, cover the back door, went ahead to work, Go find the trees and coming upstairs window?
Speaker 8: All right, magee?
Speaker 3: How when I rap on the door and ask him the surrender?
Speaker 1: If they don't answer, you speak to your wife. Understand, Okay, I good, gotcha? We come on.
Speaker 5: Man all right too.
Speaker 3: Men in there, come on quietly.
Speaker 1: And you won't be hurt. I'll surrounded, do you hear me? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: You don't suppose they call your wife McGee and see if she answered Molly, Molly, Well.
Speaker 4: It's about time he got hold of What are you doing with the policeman.
Speaker 8: Molly, are you on here all right?
Speaker 3: I mean he told us them escape convicts was in here, lady, Sure they were.
Speaker 1: I heard at least four tough guys talking in here, not more than ten minutes ago.
Speaker 4: Why McGee, you never oh that?
Speaker 1: Oh? I was wishing you could have been here to.
Speaker 4: Hear in the game them convicts on the lamb, No gang Busters on the radio.
Speaker 2: Bember and Molly will be back in just a moment, and now your attention, please, These pleasant spring days were surely meant for enjoyment, and no sensible woman wants to stay in the house scrubbing floors when the warm sun is calling her.
Speaker 1: Out of doors.
Speaker 2: Let me remind you, then that you can forget about scrubbing when your floors and the gnolla are gleaming with Johnson's self polishing blowcoat. You'll be glad every day when you see your beautiful, lustrous floors and discover that dirt can't stick to the shining glow coat polish. And don't neglect your porch floor. Do you remember how the dirt collected on it last summer? Well, just put a little glow coat on that porch floor and see how much cleaner it will. You know, of course, that blowcoat requires no rubbing or buffing. It never streaks or smears. It dries in twenty minutes to a glossy polish that seals the cracks against dirt and steam. But be sure you get the real thing, Glo hyphen Coat Johnson's self polishing blowcoat.
Speaker 1: It's easy to use liquid.
Speaker 2: Polish that gives brighter luster, longer wear.
Speaker 4: Heavenly days. I haven't seen so many cops since the time I was crowned.
Speaker 1: Queeted the fourteenth Precinct at the Policeman's Ball. On them cops was just an extra precaution, Molly. My first impulse was to Russian and clean them hoodlums up single handed. I'll bet you could have done it too, daily Sure say I could. I was raised with a pretty tough gang back in Pory. I remember that is still They threw me out what they throw you out for. They caught me carrying a handkerchief. Good Night, good night all a link to guess and when you visit the New York World Flair, you'll be sure.
Speaker 8: To see the fifteen beautiful model homes in the Town.
Speaker 1: Of Tomorrow on all the floors and woodwork.
Speaker 2: Of these homes, Johnston's Wax polishes are used exclusively.
Speaker 8: This is Marlow Willcox speaking for the.
Speaker 2: Makers of Johnson's Wax and Johnson's self polishing glow Code every scene, Wisconsin, inviting you all to be with us again next Tuesday night.
Speaker 1: Good night. This is a national god. Justin Governor