Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Sweeten my coffee with a morning kiss baby, Every little kids counts.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday number seven.
Speaker 2: Oh the Bruce Randall Hornsburg, Bruce Hornsby pride to Williamsburg, Virginia celebrating them. We celebrate right along with Bruce Hornsby in the ring.
Speaker 3: Crank it up where out here on the dots, everyone says the long.
Speaker 4: Day through without the nights on the phone.
Speaker 1: And the chance jesting Tom.
Speaker 4: Soon Ball put.
Speaker 5: Just a tough few thousand miles away.
Speaker 4: Let damn mother only one.
Speaker 6: Night building side Sunday even times that's some time.
Speaker 7: Where a day goes stand talk to.
Speaker 1: When the sign says, that's a man.
Speaker 8: How may you know.
Speaker 3: What it means to be as.
Speaker 9: Heaven?
Speaker 6: Everybody here is enough fund, But I.
Speaker 4: Guess sounds like.
Speaker 3: As it still up through long day.
Speaker 4: In the sense of.
Speaker 2: Our opening artist, I got the chance to see when Bruce Hornsby in the range was all the rage on a stage in Nashville, And I'll never forget just the imposing presence this six foot four guy had in the middle of this stage. The musicians usually aren't giant sized, but he just stood there in the center of the stage. The microphone right in front of him, straddling the microphone, playing his accordion and towering over almost everyone else in the room.
Speaker 1: Great show, great music.
Speaker 2: Before we look at and look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these This November the twenty third, nineteen sixty three, a day after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, then President Lyndon Baines Johnson claimed November twenty fifth a day of national mourning. When I'm like that for three days. If you were alive, you remember this date. In nineteen seventy one, the People's Republic of China was seated in the United Nations Security Council.
Speaker 1: Yeh.
Speaker 2: On this date, November twenty third, nineteen eighty an estimated twenty five hundred to three thousand killed by a series of earthquakes. It devastated southern Italy. Faintly remember that this day in nineteen eighty four was when Doug Flute completed one of the most famous passes in college football history, the Hail Mary, connecting with Jerald Feeland for a forty eight yard touchdown with no time left, Boston College defeating the Miami hurricanes forty seven to forty five. A commandeer to Ethiopian Airlines Boeing six seven sixty seven, crashed into the water off the Tomorrow Islands this state in nineteen ninety six, killing one hundred and twenty five and one hundred and seventy five on board. See two thousand and eight. The US government unveiled a bold plan to rescue City Group. I love it when government gets involved in business too big to fail and all that right, injecting a fresh twenty billion dollars into City Group as well as guaranteeing hundreds of billions of dollars in risky assets. God, don't you love the fall of two thousand and eight? Financial? Not really? Former soon to be former Senate Majority Leader can't say that enough. Soon to be former Senate Majority Leader Chuck Shumer has a birthday today. Bruce Hornsby, I mentioned, is seventy. Robin Roberts from Good Morning America turned sixty four. Olympic gold medal sprinter Asafa Powell is forty two. NHL Center Nicholas Backstrom is thirty seven. Miley Cyrus Happy thirty second birthday, And if it's your birthday, this November twenty third. I hope it is possibly the best birthday you could ever imagine. Getting to do the things you love with the people you love to do them with. That is truly my wish for you. It's five forty and some change come back. We got sports, we got weather. No Liam this morning. Liam is a wall. Actually it was a scheduled absence, but we will trod on regardless. Mama Trees already holding on the line. We'll get to her in just a moment. Dick's hanging. It's going to be a great morning. I can just feel it. Seven hundred WLW. Alrighty. Then getting into things, maybe getting into things they shouldn't get into, which makes it more fun and dangerous, doesn't it?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: Not yet.
Speaker 2: Five point forty seven on a Saturday morning, Gary Jeff with you on seven out of WLW.
Speaker 1: The Saturday morning edition is back. Interesting.
Speaker 2: I think Donald Trump nominated five people in an hour to serve.
Speaker 1: In his cabinet.
Speaker 2: It's been going at a rapid pace, adding to the great list of people who are going to be on the same page with President elect Trump and hopefully on the same page with most of the American people. Doctor Marty mcarry will now head the FDA. That's exciting for once you don't have a vaccine apologist or somebody who's on the take of Pfizer or Maderna at the head of the Food and Drug Administration. That's encouraging news, A new search in general, a new CDC director. It is all coming into focus, slowly but surely. And I like what I see. It's uh time. I think we check in with Mamma Tree. She's already up and early and out. And what's going on, Mamme Tree?
Speaker 1: Good morning, love, good morning.
Speaker 11: Baby, our birth saying first, Okay, there is a man he can't fixes. There is a man he can't fixes. His name is Jesus, Jesus, je.
Speaker 12: Jesus.
Speaker 11: When you don't have a friend, he can fixes. When you have nowhere to go, he candy via. His name is Jesus, Jesus. When you get to have and you will live forever, no more grind there, no more dying. There what is his name? Geezus? He's your friend.
Speaker 1: And amen, I never heard that song before.
Speaker 11: It's about five to ten minutes long.
Speaker 2: Well, it's thank you for your editing. Also, because we didn't have a whole five minutes for that.
Speaker 1: But so Dave from Dayton, You know, Dave, I think I do. No, you know, Dave.
Speaker 2: Dave from Dayton wants to know what your favorite side dish is for Thanksgiving? Are you gonna eat Thanksgiving dinner there at Florence Park Care.
Speaker 11: Oyster dressing, oyster dressing, oysters? Ni can when?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean I make oyster dressing.
Speaker 11: Here, Dave, you can bring me some.
Speaker 2: Christ to two point Oh my wife loves oyster dressing, so I always fixed some oyster dressing for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 11: An this year they gonna take that bone off my bone and my jaw Monday morning at ten am. It's only been ninety days of waiting, anticipating, and a whole lot of praying bedrooms day a piece of that bone that it took out my tia. Seventh of August, I said, dear God, you carry my cancer, you can move out. Please take this bone chip out of my gun. And the next day was land and f Day. My country ham sandwich called pennies million dollar ham. At the drove one hundred and four miles to give me the sandwich. It was gone.
Speaker 2: No, you know what really intrigues me, is not that the bone chip was gone from your gum, but the fact that your sister drove one hundred and four miles to get you a country Ham sandwich.
Speaker 7: Crazy.
Speaker 1: God, that's a long way to go.
Speaker 11: I told her yesterday bring me because see, I thought the surgery was Tessie and I was gonna pay out Monday. Country Ham, Captain Dean and Kroger Fried Chicken didn't earn everything. They surprised me yesterday and told me it's Monday at ten a m. I said, why can't I get it at nine like before? But I said, okay, I can wait extra Charline.
Speaker 2: You waited for ninety days, mave try. I guess you can wait an extra hour.
Speaker 11: That's what I said. So then I tell my sister bring their hams on and if she said I can't, she had that jail put it in her knees, and the days she's almost crying and I get the depth of something in my knees. I'm pread of the jail because it's an acid. And you know, I got one hundred and one hour's like the Dalmatian, I'm gonna pread getthing new. So Wednesday they gave me a high blood pressure medicine. I broke out in my mouth, all around my face and lips, and I told them I can't take it. She said, but honey, you got high blood pressure. I said, no, I'm gonna meditate, take it to God. No more medicine. It's uh potassium something. It broke me out like measles in my mouth.
Speaker 1: Ooh that doesn't sound good at all.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 11: I told him, no, I ain't taking it no more.
Speaker 1: So you'll be able to eat Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday.
Speaker 11: Right, I don't know, depends on how bad they chiseled up my jaw.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, we're praying for you too, and listen, we gotta roll.
Speaker 11: But okay, God bless everyone and pray that. Other ladies said, I'm pretty to bleed. The dad tell me, I said, do it? You aready killing me. She put seven nle and the original surgeon said one needle would do it. So I told him yesterday one needle only. I ain't coming so I don't use proper English, but I made a in English professor Rowlins at Thomas More College. I just say, hey, y'all, I'm happy.
Speaker 2: You're a treat, You're a I love you too. Lynette Mametry whatever you want to call her. She's my favor for that segment. Dick is my fave too, and he's coming up next. It's time to round them up, bring them home, do some picking and grinned on a Saturday morning with our friend day from Dayton.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Dick.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Garry Jeff. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm alive?
Speaker 2: So, I mean, you know that's that's a plus right there. I mean, ninety percent of success is just showing up.
Speaker 1: And to show up, you gotta be alive. How are you?
Speaker 7: Did you get much snow the other day?
Speaker 1: No? No, just I mean it looked pretty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it did not cause any serious significant traffic problems.
Speaker 1: So it was a perfect snowfall.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it wasn't too bad. Well, Garry Jeff, I don't know the Bengals are. They come close, but they seem to lose at the end, don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who's gonna win? Who's gonna win this weekend?
Speaker 7: Well, they don't play this weekend?
Speaker 1: Well, they don't play. No, no, though it must be a bye week.
Speaker 7: Go bye week.
Speaker 1: We would you like to pick other scores? We're gonna want to.
Speaker 7: Ohio State to win today. I think they're gonna it's gonna be close, but I think they're gonna win. About let's see their offense gets I'd say about twenty four, probably about twenty four to ten today.
Speaker 1: Twenty four to ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Buckeye's victory.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got Dallas and Washington tomorrow. Who wins that game? The Cowboys are the commanders?
Speaker 7: Commanders tomorrow that.
Speaker 14: Will be dolla.
Speaker 1: We got forty nine ers at Green Bay. Who wins that game? Forty Niners going with San Francisco.
Speaker 15: Yeah, have you talked today from Dayton?
Speaker 7: Tell him happy holidays?
Speaker 2: You know what, if I talk today from Dayton, I will tell him numerous things, but among them will be happy Holidays directly from Dick. All right, all right, well Dixter, what are you doing for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 15: I'll probably go see they have a big dinner over at the where Ingrid. Is that the old creek we have place, Jarry, Jeff, I've never known.
Speaker 7: The people there are so nice.
Speaker 15: They're just a it's a close, it's like five minutes from the house, and everybody's getting.
Speaker 1: Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
Speaker 16: Yea.
Speaker 2: Well, whatever you do, have a blessed Thanksgiving and don't eat too much?
Speaker 15: All right, Dick, all right, have a good week.
Speaker 1: Say good night, Dick, Good night.
Speaker 7: Gary, Jeff, Happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: He follows instructions solly bye.
Speaker 2: Into the first official hour of the Saturday Morning edition. For this Saturday, November the twenty third, twenty twenty four. Consumer confidence is high. Everybody's optimistic, and I hope we're right about being optimistic. Six minutes after the hour on a Saturday morning, and usually this is the time when I would talk to Dave from Harrison.
Speaker 1: Wait, I don't see Dave from Harrison. Wait there he is.
Speaker 10: Hi, Dave, Good morning love.
Speaker 17: How are we doing?
Speaker 2: I almost lost you there for a moment. I was looking between the couch cushions.
Speaker 17: Well, you know, but permanently.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 14: That's it, Jeff.
Speaker 1: I want to thank you, okay.
Speaker 17: For taking my calls, for being the best day of my life so far, for Thanksgiving, for your broadcasting expertise, for your long story tenure behind the microphone.
Speaker 2: Dave, Dave, Dave, I appreciate all your kind words. What did the turkey say to the turkey hunter? Quack clack clack, clack clack clack. He's a turkey Hunter's not hunting ducks.
Speaker 14: Uh, there you go.
Speaker 1: What do sweet potatoes? Where to bed?
Speaker 10: Jammys?
Speaker 1: No, they're yammies, yammies, yammies.
Speaker 17: Yeahmy?
Speaker 2: What did the mother turkey? What did the mother turkey say to her unruly children? Gobblers? H?
Speaker 10: I don't know what.
Speaker 2: If your father could see you, he'd be rolling over in his gravy.
Speaker 16: Ah those are from Dave Backgrath.
Speaker 17: What what did the baby? What did the baby Eric Corn say to his mother? Or did you hear? The baby Eric Corn asked his mother? Where where did I come from?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 2: Hold on, We're gonna try an experiment. I'm gonna put you on hold for a moment and then pick back up and you start again, okay, like a take to a do over, all right, because you already screwed it up?
Speaker 1: Hang on? When will he ever learn? All right?
Speaker 9: Dave?
Speaker 1: What you got?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 17: The baby A Corn is his mother where did I come from? And his mother says the stock for us?
Speaker 2: Well, your phone now completely punked out on us on our conversation.
Speaker 1: I couldn't understand it. I'm gonna put you back on hold. Hang on.
Speaker 2: I mean first, just no presentation at all, no mobility to tell a joke, and then the phone doesn't work? All right, Dave, what's you got?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 17: The person goes into the doctor and says, I swallowed the film out of my camera. This this is obviously an older joke, but uh so the doctor says, well, we'll just have to hope that nothing develops.
Speaker 1: I wanted to know about the baby ear of corn and.
Speaker 17: The baby or corner, asked his mother where did I come from?
Speaker 8: And?
Speaker 17: Uh the mother corn stock.
Speaker 1: I did you you still?
Speaker 2: Your phone just went when you got to the punchline. That doesn't work, Dave. No, yeah, now's now, it's all froggy. I'm gonna give you one more chance, Dave, one more? What else you got?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't hear about anything because your phone sucks?
Speaker 1: Where are you?
Speaker 18: You know?
Speaker 1: You know where you are?
Speaker 19: Dave.
Speaker 2: You're you're You're in a place where no one wants to be. You're getting off my phone.
Speaker 20: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred W l W or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time. We deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 2: It's time to turn on the radio.
Speaker 1: It's time for Donna Summer to turn me on, baby.
Speaker 4: Some on the lady on me on the radio, and the load high.
Speaker 1: Now, her voice more titillating than a Jaguar commercial.
Speaker 4: In your around on.
Speaker 2: It's time for a reception report. And let's see what he's here. And on the radio this morning, he's old radio Rick. Good morning, mister Washburn. How are you taking?
Speaker 21: Good morning boy? That's some hot stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, it really really, you know. And and here's the thing.
Speaker 2: People at the time, we cool kids who thought disco sucked weren't listening properly to Donna Summer. There is absolutely no way you could miss that talent or or deny that talent. When she sang, she could absolutely fill up a room with that voice and us and I don't care about one hundred and twenty beats per minute stuff, that's fine, but I just want to hear her sing, you know what I mean?
Speaker 21: Yeah, that made me melancholy.
Speaker 1: We miss it all right.
Speaker 21: It's sad that I think there's a few artists that really were I guess brushed off into the the dells of disco disco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's let's blow up their records, blow up their records, all right? So how are you receiving us? What are you receiving us on? And what's the catalogs? Say Rick?
Speaker 21: Okay, well, I'm hey. Shout out to Neil. This is a warranty repair on a nineteen forty seven Farnsworth. This is a nice little plastic table model that I believe, I think you said it was his, either his mothers or his grandmothers, that it used to sit in the refrigerator in the kitchen. And I still don't know what the heck I did wrong with it. But I've got one that I own that's now on the bench along with it, sitting it out, trying to figure out what why it won't behave And I've used all the appropriate expletives, and I have pointed at it and given stern warning. So now I actually have to do some troubleshooting figure out what's wrong with it. But this is a five tube AM All American radio, which basically was the standard design in forty seven and years around that for a five to tube radio. Man, this thing has an internal antenna. That's pretty awesome, and it is a heck of a DXer for just a five to two radio. Until people got to thinking they were smarter than they really were. Barnes were saved some money by sticking two little wires out the back and not marking them. And essentially it is what they call a magnetic resonance antenna input, meaning that you could actually hook an antenna and a ground to the radio make the reception much better. But those connections were just a loop of wire that basically radiated the signal to the actual internal antenna. So there's no connections to the radio directly, and you could use the ground and so forth, which was a very unsafe for this type of radio otherwise. Nonetheless, every time I get one of these radios, in the one that I own, and I think when I got his first, somebody worked on it and twisted those two wires together. Oh, somebody broke the wire and suddenly the radio doesn't work at all.
Speaker 2: So right there you go, good luck with your Farnsworth.
Speaker 21: Well, Filo will be proud, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, So what else can you say about this radio?
Speaker 21: Well, I was going to say a couple of other things differently. Number one, the catalogue says, the ultra modern tear drop design of this plastic table model is as new as tomorrow. Remember Farnsworth for that extra radio. I guess they weren't looking for the market of being the main radio now. But the black out, the black outer circle of the dial offers pleasing contrast to the gleaming white cabinet. Wow, that's a breach. And my favorite part the ad DC superheterodyne. I think you meant a c DC. Think you proofreaders?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 21: The catalog jeistis radio is a d D. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's the problem right there. Just needs medication. It doesn't need expletives or finger pointing. It just needs medication. Good luck with that, Rick, and we have a happy Thanksgiving to my friend.
Speaker 21: You did the Saints Sirs.
Speaker 1: Thank you all right.
Speaker 2: And Mike in Northwest where are you exactly in Northwest Ohio?
Speaker 1: Mike?
Speaker 10: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 13: Uh I am in Portage, Portage, Ohio. It's just a little south of Bowling Green.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, I had.
Speaker 13: A comment, Well, happy birthday to w l W one hundredth birthday. You know that's what is it this year or next? Pretty close?
Speaker 2: God, go ahead, go ahead and repeat. Someone was talking in my ear while you were telling me what was going on?
Speaker 21: Okay, Well I happened to I was getting ready to.
Speaker 13: Do my dishes up here, and of course I turn on WLW every morning to listen to you guys. And I heard Radio Rick on their old radio Rick, and I thought, boy, I've got.
Speaker 16: A call in now.
Speaker 13: I'm a ham and my call sign is.
Speaker 16: W eight C J J.
Speaker 13: And if you look at Mike qr z page, you're going to be You're going to see a picture of my old Pulley cabinet. It's one hundred years old and it housed an add water camp. Back in the day. The radio was on the main shelf and the batteries you opened up two doors, and the battery bank was below it, right directly below it. But this is the year WLS in Chicago, WJR, Detroit, and WLW, all of those big stations back in the day, what fifty thousand watts.
Speaker 10: It's a great day.
Speaker 13: But that cabinet that was made by the Pulley Company, Poolly and it's got.
Speaker 10: I looked at pictures of it.
Speaker 13: I still see the little nail holes where the radio log was at on the It's a full down type of desk like thing, and I haven't modified it any ill.
Speaker 2: Mike, I got to tell you, I'm short on time and you're just you're making me worn out here. You got a lot going on, man, you got a lot going on there and today thank you for sharing and happy Thanksgiving brother, take care.
Speaker 1: Wow, he had a lot going on. I'm not exactly sure what it was, but he had a lot going none.
Speaker 2: I'm toasting you said, honey, we made me through. You'll never care me comcause friends.
Speaker 1: Were whiskey round beer jack? What let me go visit my friends in low places like Ripley? Oh how how now?
Speaker 2: Brown County, it's the gang at Brookies on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 4: Gang?
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 1: So it's the gang. It's it's it's a gang of two.
Speaker 2: Well that's okay. I mean you should have brought the beaver. You'd have some company, Sherry.
Speaker 12: I forgot.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well so, uh so the oil beer in a Brown County. Doug Monson is in Cancun, right now, open up the Rays, eating all kinds of fancy food, drinking drinks, and generally generally just bumming out and wearing Hawaiian shirts.
Speaker 19: I think it's about to come to an end.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know, and we're sad for Doug, but we're also giving thanks that he and Angie are okay, and we'll be back in the friendly confines of the lovely Village of Ripley soon.
Speaker 1: So what's going on at Brookies tonight?
Speaker 19: Darren Ripley can't do this' constant day.
Speaker 22: At Brookies tonight?
Speaker 19: There is absolutely nothing going on as far as the band goes, but the Queen of Hearts is up to ninety five thousand.
Speaker 21: Today we're having friends.
Speaker 19: Giving, so everybody's bringing in some food. We got turkeys and briskets and all kinds of things food coming here today.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Well I picked the wrong weekend to come to Ripley. It sounds like I need to figure out what to do with that bar, shift in huddles and make make our way down fifty two to see you guys.
Speaker 1: That sounds fun.
Speaker 17: Huddles with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: I don't, I don't, I don't know if you can eat huddles, But you're supposed to bring something to eat, and I don't recommend eating huddles either, by the way. Uh so you got turkey and brisket? Uh, Sherry, are you bringing anything?
Speaker 23: I didn't know what was going on, so I'm gonna have to scrape up something.
Speaker 19: I think.
Speaker 1: I love a good friend. I love a good friends giving.
Speaker 23: I didn't know about it, No, he did. You know why the why the phone was wearing glasses?
Speaker 1: Why the phone was wearing glasses?
Speaker 23: Yeah, it lost all its contacts.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you this, Sherry, it's better than days.
Speaker 21: Absolutely.
Speaker 23: I don't want to know what going off that ear corn.
Speaker 2: I know every time he got through the punchline, his phone just took a dump.
Speaker 1: And you couldn't understand the thing he was saying.
Speaker 23: Oh you could understand that.
Speaker 1: No fun, Give me a give me a weather rock report.
Speaker 23: Weather rock report. Well, it's he'll be gloomy and rainy and cold, cool, not really fridgid cold, but cool, and and maybe it's going get a little better before we get the Thanksgiving. But like I heard you say, it's going to kind of take a dump after that.
Speaker 2: Well, and yeah, I mean it's the temperature is going to fall back down into the lower forties actually, but we'll be almost sixty again on Monday, so I'm looking forward to the warmer weather, even with the rain. All Right, you guys, have a wonderful, a wonderful blessed friends Giving today, and happy Thanksgiving when we get there.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks, you see you guys.
Speaker 2: Darren and the Green Hornet the only two at Brookies this morning. Somebody ought to go join him. Darren's got the bar open, there's alcohol. Why not? Steve from Etna, Ohio in a pithy phone call on the way in minutes on the Saturday morning edition on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Here he is that sage since Sayer.
Speaker 2: And our own our own private columnists radio. But it is a column basically a monologue, a take on history and life as we know it in twenty twenty four, and he just runs the gamut. I love the pithy phone calls, I love news of the week, and I love Steve from Etna.
Speaker 1: And here he is. Good morning, Stephen.
Speaker 12: So Gary Jess is what was the most startling stat or story to come out of this November election? No, it was not Donald Trump's victory because we knew the polls were screw up. They become a fraudulent business that rivals the corrupt Pennsylvania vote counters in their ability to cheat with very little consequences. They'll be right back on the job in two years. I think the most startling result this month was the fact that about half of the people who voted think that the Biden Harris policies on immigration, inflation, energy, and foreign relations are okay. I chalk that up to the corrupt media and educational systems that have brainwashed this nation. The second, oh, there you go. The second fact that should dampen our lee is that Republicans are desperately trying to hold on to the House. The best they can do is a three or four seat majority out of four hundred and thirty eight members four hundred and thirty five, by.
Speaker 24: The way, get the vote.
Speaker 12: In the Senate, it appears to be a six seat majority. Is that really enough to overcome the rhinos who may side with the progressives? For folks like myself with long memories, we recall Ronald Reagan's first two years not pretty so. How do incoming presidents generally do in the first midterm election that follows.
Speaker 17: Their victory not very well.
Speaker 12: Let's look at the last ninety years, beginning with FDR and his new deal in the midst of the Depression. His socialist empire started off great in the thirties. He enjoyed over three hundred Democrats in the House most of the time, But in nineteen thirty eight, following an economic pullback that occurred during what was supposed to be a recovery from the Depression, FDR lost eighty one House seats and seven more in the Senate. That was his second midterm election. The next one for him was nineteen forty two, at the start of our involvement in World War Two, and eleven months after the disaster at Pearl Harbor, where we lost half of our navy, another forty six Democrat House members and nine leftist senators bit the dust. More recently, significant midterm losses were racked up by Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, and Bill Clinton. Reagan, who won a landslide election in nineteen eighty, listened carefully two years later, lost twenty six House seats, and Bill Clinton backslid like wise in nineteen ninety four, losing a whopping fifty two House seats. How about Obama in twenty ten, he lost sixty three House seats and his successor, who is this guy?
Speaker 25: Oh?
Speaker 12: Donald Trump lost forty in twenty eighteen. Could he lose forty again?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Stop the glee, get off the train. There's a lot of Ivory Tower research on why this happens, but I'm guessing the federal government government is just too damn big and unwieldy, somewhat like trying to start a locomotive pulling one hundred and twenty freight cars. Carter, Reagan, and Clinton were all X state governors, so they had executive experience, yet when they got to DC, they stumbled. The second reason is that voters are very impatient. In the army, we used to say, what have you done for me? Lately, promises unfulfilled, mean votes lost. Notice all the Democrat and Republican pundits have now turned to twenty twenty eight, skipping the midterm election in twenty twenty six. Well, I gave you a good reason why they shouldn't be doing that, didn't I? What can we expect in twenty twenty six? Well, just look at what happened to Reagan and Clinton, who actually survived two terms as president, but lost their first midterm congressional elections big time. The answer lies with the Speaker of the House in each case, and the greater power that man wields in the process. Reagan established a much closer relationship with Speaker Tim O'Neal of Massachusetts, since they were both Irish and good storytellers. They enjoyed each other's company. But Ronald Reagan knew that he had lost some of his momentum, and he compromised accordingly. Same with Bill Clinton, who now relinquished some of his power to fellow Southerner Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich, who famously resulted in serious moves to overhaul the welfare system, immigration, immigration, there's that again, and law enforcement. If Trump loses the House in two years, he will have to deal with far out lefty Keem Jeffreys. They are both products of New York City, which should make this quite interesting. Conservatives need to sober up and do a really good reality check, and I'll leave you with this. Gary jeff mentioned that yesterday was the sixty first anniversary of the assassination of John F.
Speaker 8: Kennedy.
Speaker 12: Book suggestion from doctor Dennis of Annapolis, who stopped by the house a couple of weeks ago and gave me this book, Last Second in Dallas by Josiah Thompson, best research ever on the jfk assassination. Get It for a Christmas Present for somebody, twenty twenty one, University of Kansas Press. That's it for me, Gary, Jeff, take it away.
Speaker 2: Happy Thanksgiving, Steve, Thanks for always being there for I really am grateful to Steve Simon from EDNA who calls in with a thoughtful monologue every Saturday morning about current events, about history and had a little bit of both right there.
Speaker 1: Ray and Loveland, Good morning, my friend.
Speaker 14: Pry and Garius.
Speaker 10: Jeff, how are you brother?
Speaker 26: Happy Thanksgiving to you.
Speaker 2: Happy Thanksgiving to you. It ought to be more than one day, you.
Speaker 26: Know, That's right. I just I'm always in awe and Steve it's done talking. I'm like, wow, that's just a life. I had to go back and read listen to that a couple of times, but yeah, I'd listen. I called to say Happy Thanksgiving to you, and in my mind is Roman this morning thinking about givers and takers in life, you know, and if a true accounting be made of me I'm probably on the taker's side, but thankfully I'm still here so I can work on it. And I'm talking to a giver by the way in my life. Thank you very much, Gary, Jeff, and my buddy, and I appreciate you. A giver to a lot of people. And I'm thinking about clergy and coaches. You know, just yesterday there was a legend of a man that was laid the rest right here in Cleveland, and.
Speaker 24: He was a you know, people who coach teams, and thanks think about the sacrifices people make. I mean they you know, it's unpaid position, not very well paid. You know, it's in the school.
Speaker 26: And I think of all the coaches in my life and in my children's lives, and we've been blessed. And yesterday Phil McDonald, God bless him, a Vietnam veteran who served in a mash unit in Vietnam, in a legendary cross country and track coach and friend to many and mentor to many, many many. He has finished his race and he shall run and not be weary. And God bless and God's speed to Phil McDonald. God bless you, Gary Jeff, God bless all the givers and the coachers, coaches, and in our lives everyone, and may we all do the same they God, Happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Both Thanksgiving to you.
Speaker 2: Love that dude, all right, Steve Shulty on the way afternoons at seven o'clock. We still have a visit from the music professor Prophel being about seven thirty five with rock and roll Archaeology.
Speaker 1: We have numerous mo.
Speaker 2: We don't know whether mo Eggar is on the road with the basketball bear Cats at Georgia Tech or whether he's on the road with the football bear Cats at Kansas State. We will find out together in about I don't know, an hour and a half or so. It's a Saturday Morning edition. Great to be with you on this Saturday, November twenty third, twenty twenty four. Back after a break on seven hundred WLW into another hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, November twenty third, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Gary J. F.
Speaker 2: Walker, at your service. Great to be with you as always on a Saturday morning. I love our weekends together. And one of the things that I really love about it.
Speaker 1: Is when we have.
Speaker 2: Our friends and we've got these constants, these friends that are always there for us, like our next guest Steve Shelty, retired environmental engineer. Body hasn't retired from this.
Speaker 1: I see tree seventh green.
Speaker 4: Red roses too.
Speaker 18: I've seen them blue from you, and I think to myself, what a wonder for.
Speaker 2: It is a wonderful world to talk about, that wonderful world and more Steve Schulty, as I mentioned first off, mister she Shelty, sorry about your LaSalle Lancers. They finally went down in defeat last night after an incredible season.
Speaker 1: Incredible season, yes.
Speaker 22: The twenty eight twenty one. But well, I guess what would you expect with a number one and number two seed finding each other on.
Speaker 1: The gridiron, no doubt.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 22: So we're gonna have a little a little again like this week, a little history lesson. This comes from historyfacts dot com.
Speaker 10: Uh and uh, you.
Speaker 22: Know, I'll give acknowledgment to a wick Ock who provided me this the little ditto a little over four years ago. He gave me an opportunity to start in an environmental engineering department at Hickson architect Engineers and Mount Adams from which I retired five years ago. So, uh, heading is the first environmental always passed the thirteen oh six What unhealthy air thirteen o six scary Jeff, Wow, well before you were born at unhealthy air?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I know the air.
Speaker 22: You feel like a modern problem, or at least a post desperate one. But humans have been breathing dirty air for a long time, protesting it, and ancient Rome courts considered civil claims against people in businesses releasing too much smoke and visiting Emperor Justinian declared clean air to be a human right. Then the thirteen six King Edward the One of England passed what's often called the first environmental law when he proclaimed the banning of coal burning. Until the twelve mid twelve hundreds, British people burned coal, but at cities like London, expanded populations zoom, wood became scarce for those who couldn't afford the rising price of firewood turned to something readily available what days and those days called sea coal. Now we can just notice coal. It's unclear why it was called sea coal, but it may have had something to do with how Brits could gather it from the beaches along the North Sea. So now was this coal pretty thick smoke? It had an awful smell, but it was also woefully inefficient to furnaces and fireplaces needed more coal to produce the same amount heat, leading to more smoke and Britain's notorious foggy weather. All that smoke created smog. So that's how we got the term smog. It's a combination of the smoke and bog. They would hang in brit In cities for days at a time. The police got so bad in London and twelve eighty five commissions were appointed to figure it out to get rid of it. But things still got worse, of course, and in thirteen oh six King Edward won band the burning of coal. Although the King threatened Steve Fine smashed and smashed furnaces as punishment, the band didn't have a lasting effect on the use of cole in Britain, as anyone from who has ever watched Mary Poppins could.
Speaker 1: Tell, yes, exactly.
Speaker 22: Little history lessons I know.
Speaker 2: I honestly, I honestly did not know there were environmental laws in the in the twelve and thirteen hundreds.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 22: Also, this real quick thing reported from c Fact at that see the letter c fact dot org. At the current UN Climate Conference in Ajiba, Jahn say that the three times real quick. The UN has estimated that globally we are currently spending three trillion dollars. That's three with twelve zeros behind it. And just give you an idea how big three trillion is? This is another year is how many seconds? Is three trillion seconds? Ninety six thousand years? The three trillion a year boils down to eight billion.
Speaker 7: Two hundred million dollars.
Speaker 22: Per day are being spent. I call wasted on these boondoggles. And again, what's eight billion, two hundred million. It's two hundred and sixty two years in terms of seconds. That's much older than the Grand USA. And that just tells you why science on climate is so so so contaminated with politics, bureaucracy and so called science.
Speaker 2: Well maybe that's going to slow down a tad bit. I'm just I'm praying and hoping. Thank you very much, have a safe trip and happy Thanksgiving. My friend, you got it seven to eleven at seven hundred wlw Oh let's get physical, shall we? Our friend, fitness trainer biohacker Rocco Costellano, had my choice of articles. Roco is very prolific at rococostelano dot com. He does about three or four different articles, varying subjects a week, sometimes more, I guess. So on my pick of why the make American Healthy Again movement is vital. I think we all agree America could be much healthier, and maybe will be. Cannabis makes you leaner, but at what cost? And then this one transgender medicine a crime against humanity, which I believe it is to talk about that at the aforementioned Roco Costelano, Good morning Rock.
Speaker 14: How are you well, Greg, Gary, Jeff, how are you doing today?
Speaker 1: I'm doing fine.
Speaker 2: So talk about what you wrote in transgender medicine a crime against humanity, which I believe it is.
Speaker 27: Well, everyone, you know, everyone that has half her brain.
Speaker 16: Actually believes that it is a crime, you know, against a humanity.
Speaker 27: But you know, and and the people that that, uh, well, I believe that it's just an evil, evil thing that people you know that the Dutch started back in the nineties and now has brought it all the way to the United States. But it's not just a scientific it's not just a medical intervention.
Speaker 16: It's a moral it's a moral imperative that I believe has us.
Speaker 27: Uh, I've made people insane and we have to we we as a society.
Speaker 16: As adults, we have a moral imperative too to actually protect our children. And this does not do any any of that. We're talking about doing life saving uh you know, a medical interventions, but giving kids puberty blockers, Uh that are that are disgusting, They're just disgusting, and uh, you know, medications and then doing doing something like irreversible surgeries. You're you're you're actually doing doing incredible harm to children and then you.
Speaker 27: You wrap it or you frame it as life saving or a gender affirming care in a child that we're not protecting children whatsoever.
Speaker 16: Can find out we find out.
Speaker 27: Later in life, and we haven't done any any type of like studies, and no one's you know, everyone wants to say, oh.
Speaker 8: Well, well we have to listen to the science.
Speaker 16: So in the in the short term so far, listening to the science says that this actually causes more more damage, more psychological damage. And we know, we know at least from from other studies that are out there, that that eighty percent of the people that have you know, like the kids I mean that have our gender dysphoria get through it.
Speaker 27: Through natural puberty.
Speaker 16: And then the other you know, like ten to twenty percent are then are then become like homosexual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you know what and all of that is as as you mentioned in your article, it's it's anti human it's anti humanity.
Speaker 27: It's absolutely anti and.
Speaker 2: And the bottom line and we gotta we gotta roll. But the bottom line is, if you want to listen to the science, xx is x x and x y is x y, and you can take all the blockers, you can perform all the surgeries you want to, you do not change the chromosomes. And that, my friends, is real science. Thank you, Rococostelano dot com. If you'd like to check out more now timed for the Tom Davis Diaries. I refer to this as the diary of a madman, and here is that madman with wild, wacky stories from around the country and around the world.
Speaker 1: Tom Davis, Good morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 28: This week John Mellencamp said it best play guitar, But first, it was an interesting meeting in London by two of the world's most unique people. Romisa Gelgi, the world's tallest woman, had tea with Geoti Amgi, the world's shortest woman. The difference between the two, well, one is seven foot one while the other is two foot one. They say they had a nice lunch where they talked about makeup, skincare and manicures. A guy on YouTube says he's come up with the cure for dandruff, not washing your hair. He says that he hasn't washed his hair in eight years and as dandriff is gone, as well as his chronic scalp conditions, they've all stopped.
Speaker 1: But all is not well in the world of scalps.
Speaker 28: Head and shoulders is speaking up, saying that some hair requires shampoo to be its best. Meanwhile, Simon English of Beverly, England is doing all he can to get the flesh eating disease off his but but so far, he spent four weeks in the hospital and undergone four surgeries after his butt cheek was infected. Luckily, doctors are expecting him to make a full recovery. And finally, keeping with a medical theme, Colin Miller was busy playing his guitar while doctors performed brain surgery on him. He stayed awake and kept himself busy for eight hours during the operation. He chose to stay awake to avoid losing mobility in his hands and fingers. He's now fundraising for brain timor research next week, playing grounded for four days after one hundred and thirty two hamsters escaped the cargo.
Speaker 1: Hold, have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: It's rock and roll archaeology, and it feels like the first time.
Speaker 6: I would climb in a mountain.
Speaker 1: Sail across the stone. You see.
Speaker 6: If that's what it takes me, baby.
Speaker 29: To show how much you mean to me, then I guess it's just the woman in you.
Speaker 3: It brings up the man in me.
Speaker 4: I know, I can't help myself.
Speaker 30: You're out in the world me. It feels like the first side, feels like the baby, It feels like the first time.
Speaker 2: I will always remember the first time I heard Lou Graham and Foreigner. That was the song that launched that great rock and roll ship on its journey. And as we begin rock and roll archaeology, Jim Lebarbara, the music professor.
Speaker 1: Had another song in mind.
Speaker 2: We didn't go there, but I wanted to do this just because I wanted to relate this story. Jim, you always have such great stories about the groups and the people involved.
Speaker 1: In the songs.
Speaker 2: My Foreigner story is the story of that group they had been banging their heads against a wall literally and figuratively for a while trying to get noticed by a record company. And they'd sent their demos in and hadn't got any response. Nobody had shown any interest until the group sent Lou Graham, who became their lead singer's demo that he cut for them into the record company. And that's how Foreigner got signed by Atlantic Records on the basis on the strength of Lou Graham's demo your thoughts.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's interesting because Mick Jones was looking for he had this group together and he was looking for a lead printer and actually had asked the tapes. He was looking for tapes, and he had about fifty audition tapes that he had and the first time he heard the tape you're talking about, it blew him away, and he said, this is the guy I wants. This is the guy I want.
Speaker 10: This is it?
Speaker 8: So that that's that tape that got a new job, initially with a band and then with the record label. It's a great story. I didn't know that I knew about the tapes that that Mick got for Lou Graham, but I didn't know that that's the basis for the contract. Then became a big hit and this week was interested in nineteen eighty one. This week forourner had waiting for a Girl Like You. It was in the top five. It was at number two, but installed there, installed at number two like no other record did for like ten weeks, never hit number one, never got the money.
Speaker 2: Next on our list the piano man Billy Joel from the fifty second Street album what do You Got on this?
Speaker 8: Yeah, this album, This album hit number one this week in nineteen seventy eight, and the song It's interesting this song, if you listen to it, Chicago members Peter Setera and Donnie Dakas are doing the very pleasing high harmonies backing vocals for Joel.
Speaker 1: On this record.
Speaker 8: And the verse closed, the shop, sold the house, bought a ticket to the West Coast. Now he gives them a stand up routine. In La refers to a comedian friend of his first somebody said it was about Richard Lewis. He said, no, no, no, it's about his buddy Tony Lawrence. And he said, basically, this is about people who are making this transition in their life, moving out of a supposed what that they think they were in and they're moving on, and the song, of course, became a theme song. It was about asserting your independence. It was a perfect theme song for the nineteen eighty television sitcom was budd He's the one that induced a lot of us to Tom Hanks and address we're talking about my life.
Speaker 6: Gonna call from no Vanwise to the real bos said he couldn't go out.
Speaker 29: The American Way, burnt the shots on the house.
Speaker 5: Bought the ticket to the way.
Speaker 29: Now he gives them stand the boutine and I don't need you the world buy because of them.
Speaker 3: All right, I don't want you to tell me it's time to the all.
Speaker 6: Okay, what you say anymore?
Speaker 4: This is my life. Go ahead, one you're wrong, like leave me alone?
Speaker 9: Never said you had you said, Jill, I never said I was a bit of myself.
Speaker 4: I still be.
Speaker 3: All God, you wrong, you speak your mind, not on my time?
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 2: Rock and Roll Archaeology rolling on on this Saturday morning with the professor, the music professor Jim Lebarbara here on seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 1: Jimmy a birthday today. He's seventy.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Bruce Hornsburg, Bruce Hornsby. I grew up in Wingisburg, Virginia beautiful Place and graduated University of.
Speaker 14: Miami in Florida.
Speaker 8: Had a little band in college, went to Los Angeles, was a member of Ambrosia on their last album and toured Rashina. Easton was a songwriter working as a staff writer, no luck, and then he decided to do a demo songs in his own style and a bunch of record labels RAPHAM and decided with RCA. They offered him a creative freedom contract and he said that's it. Then he rewarded them with a giant hit record. Now, this is a song that deals with civil rights, the civil rights movement in the United States. That line in the lyrics mentions the law passed in sixty four. A's the civil rights answer of nineteen sixty four. And the song is Residents through the ages, the light and melodic piano rift and the listener and provoking lyrics and talking about social insues that have unfortunately stood the test of time. When we're talking about his number one record, the way it is.
Speaker 1: The signature sound at Bruce Hornson.
Speaker 2: You hear the piano, you hear the drums, you know it's a Bruce Hornsby record.
Speaker 6: Stand in line, bucking time, leading ball of the din soy can't buy a job?
Speaker 4: Man is six s the hoys.
Speaker 5: Byes he catches the old lady's eyes. Just what Funny said, get a job.
Speaker 4: That's just the way it is. Something's all never do.
Speaker 1: That's just the way it is.
Speaker 10: How but don't you believe?
Speaker 5: Then said, hey, little though you can't go where the others called.
Speaker 4: But you don't look like they.
Speaker 10: Said.
Speaker 5: Hell man, how can you stand and think that way?
Speaker 7: Did you really think about it.
Speaker 1: Before you made the bloods? That's just the way it is.
Speaker 4: Some things have never change. That's just the way it.
Speaker 1: How but don't you believe? Don't you believe?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So, November twenty second, nineteen sixty three, a day that many said was the day that America lost its innocence in the twentieth century, when John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas, the President of the United States, and we all found out that he had been slain. The controversy has twisted on and on and on and meandered through conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory about who really killed Kennedy. And we may never know, But the fact is it happened, and it was part of the inspiration, along with other big heartbreaking events that happened in the decade of the sixties, for this song to be written and wound up being an enduring hit. Jim A last on our list today. What do we got?
Speaker 8: Well, I'll see you. I was sixty one years ago, and it doesn't seem like that long. I can remember exactly what happened for me. I was on the radio. I just graduated Mallogany College in Mayville. Was my first full time job as a disc jockey. I was in du Bois, Pennsylvania, and I was on the air and Teresa, a receptionist, came into the studio and she was crying and shouldn't talk. She couldn't even talk, and she kept mostly so I went to the wire machine and there were three different takes. The presidents, John Kenner has been shot, the guy that they mistaken and typed it again, and then they finally typed it again and we were just shocked. We just stood there shocked and went into just playing instrumentals like Percy Faith on the radio. It was such a defining time in our history. But we were lucky we had CBS radio there, so we had we had good coverage of us. And then and then five years later, Dick Caller, who was a songwriter, he'd written things like Snoopy and know had Baron well, he wrote this song and he was auditioning singers down in Florida and Dion who was recovering from heroin heroin addiction, who was a heroin addict, just a mess and just getting clean, getting clean, and he had Can sing a demo and loved it. And so this was a record that after five years brought Deon back in the smartlight. And the Dick Hartle song combines the passion and poignancy and the reflection and the three elements of there in this song Abraham Martin and John about Abraham Lincoln Martin, Luther King Junior, and John Kennedy mentions Bobby. But this is a song that I think about John F. Kennedy and yesterday's events. This is a song I think about Abraham Mightin and John the on the.
Speaker 2: Thanks Brop and we will let this play out as once again we recall those who were taken from us and what it may still mean now in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: Seem out and never heard. Can you tell me where he's gonna? He pread a lot of people, but seem good day, die young. You know, I just looked around and he's n Anybody seen my friend John? Can you tell me where he's gonname? He pread a lot of people, but see the good day.
Speaker 1: Die young.
Speaker 9: I just looked around and he's calm.
Speaker 13: Is that.
Speaker 6: Cream out brandmar? Can you tell me where he's gone?
Speaker 4: He bree?
Speaker 9: Lot of people are seen good they die young.
Speaker 18: I just looked around. It's go.
Speaker 4: Din't loud the things that.
Speaker 3: This didn't they try.
Speaker 2: To find some.
Speaker 31: F and we.
Speaker 6: Soday soon he's gonna be one day. Body see my old friend Bob. Can you tell me he's go got us a fucking up?
Speaker 9: They haven't not.
Speaker 2: Into another hour of the Saturday Morning Edition for this Saturday, November twenty third, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: How you doing? GJ. Dubbs here in the big chair.
Speaker 2: On seven Hunter WLW and Science Mike standing by on the telephone. We've got Rick Green coming up and a special guest, Bill McGrain will be with us to tell us about something going on this weekend or next weekend here in a few minutes right now, Science Mike.
Speaker 20: Yes, as a nice scientists surprising all blinding me.
Speaker 2: Michael, I've got to confess something to you. I almost fell asleep during the news. I woke up just in time to hear the sounder go off that. Oh well, I guess that means I'm on the air again.
Speaker 14: Are you having sleep issues at night?
Speaker 2: No, it just happens sometimes it's early. I'm awake now that's all that matters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've done that at work? Means what's going on?
Speaker 14: Before we get to the topic. We had some notable are we have we gonna word this. Resignations are retiring, but two people retired this past week and Seltzer retired. Uh remember we talked about her a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: The polster who got IOWA was so wrong.
Speaker 14: Yeah, she decided to to hang it up and she said it's been playing. She's been planning for a year or so. But uh yeah, just thrown it out there, okay. And the the other person is the editor of Scientific America, Laura Helmuth. You may and I don't want to get into anything with her, but she was pretty outspoken on certain issues. Let's just leave it at that. As far as some of her comments on Twitter and and turned to Scientific America was used to be a good magazine for science into a more of a political wind bag type of.
Speaker 1: Publication propaganda rag.
Speaker 14: Yeah yeah, But anyhow to the topic at hand, This just came across routers Gary Jeff about a half hour ago out of the COP twenty nine climate meetings.
Speaker 10: They're having an Alzerbajan.
Speaker 14: Yes, they're seeing that the countries that they some of the wealthy country offered two hundred and fifty billion dollars per year to help them and their climate struggles as far as the climate issues are having with their cut. I don't know exactly how they've sparse this out or determined who's going to get what, but the two hundred and fifty billion was termed willfully insufficient by developing countries, so they have to carry the conference.
Speaker 10: On a little bit longer.
Speaker 14: And they have finally agreed on the EU and US and Australians the wealthy countries to a target of having three hundred billion dollars per year for climate cliling funding by twenty thirty five, and they're pushing for three hundred and ninety billion dollars per year. That's their goal.
Speaker 1: But I hope. I hope where they're going to agree in the middle. I hope Trump pulls us out of this.
Speaker 31: Well, you know, I don't know what it's going to be spent on. Don't have any idea, but my gosh, you know we're we're good. We got we got no debt, We're ready ready to fork it over.
Speaker 2: So yeah, only thirty six trillion in debt already. What's another three hundred and ninety billion into some third world country so they can have a solar panel installed.
Speaker 14: Well, I don't know how it's going to be spent, and I don't be found. I just thought we're Boeing overcharged the government for on the sea one thirty planes. They overcharged in five million dollars for simple like hand soap dispensers for the planes anyhow.
Speaker 1: So that's I'm sorry, I'm speechless.
Speaker 9: I just.
Speaker 1: You know, there there is there is good work.
Speaker 2: That can be done by the veak Ramaswami and Elon Musk and they need to get to it right now.
Speaker 14: There's plenty of apples to pick up off the ground, Isn't there no.
Speaker 2: Doubt about it? All right, Michael, thank you, have a wonderful weekend. I'm awake now ten minutes past the hour of eight o'clock. It's a Saturday morning, Rick Greener.
Speaker 4: Daddy kind sad.
Speaker 2: And let's go to our friend from Spirit Work Cincinnati, Rick Green, for a little positivity on the Saturday morning, bringing you the Word of God and a verse of the day and some Thanksgiving wishes for everyone out there.
Speaker 1: Rick Green, Good morning, my friend. How are you?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 32: Good morning Garage Jef. I just gotten down praying for you.
Speaker 7: And your listeners.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 32: Today. Gary Jeff who coming from first Thessalonian chapter five or eighteen, it said give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 10: You know what I have.
Speaker 1: I have been doing this lately.
Speaker 2: I'll just be walking around the house and I try and honestly and I'll try and just fit it in. I just go praise Jesus.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I mean, and you don't even I don't even really think about it. I just, you know, in whatever circumstances, give thanks to God because it's all God's will. That's that's a great verse, especially for Thanksgiving week. I love it, hey, man, it is Gary.
Speaker 32: Yeah, Ill refrigerator went out yesterday upstairs. And I didn't moan, I didn't complain about I thank god, co Gary, we have a refrigerator downstairs.
Speaker 8: Stop nothing.
Speaker 32: We didn't miss a beat. I'm not gonna complaining.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 2: Well, you need a refrigerator this time of year, if you're having any kind of Thanksgiving dinner, you definitely need a refrigerator. All right, Rick, Well, thank you so much, and I hope it is a blessed Thanksgiving for you and your family.
Speaker 32: Okay, you all have a bleas day, Happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: And happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: This guy i've exchanged emails with, we we've talked on the air before, and we're going to talk this morning. His name is Bill McGrain, and there's a special event coming up next weekend, not this weekend, but he wanted to let everybody know about.
Speaker 1: So that is the purpose of this phone called Bill McGrain. Good morning.
Speaker 16: How are you hello, Gary, Jeff, I'm doing great.
Speaker 22: My wife Linda McGrain is on the phone with us as well.
Speaker 10: She's a part of this event.
Speaker 2: All right, good good morning Linda. So tell me what the event is, where it is and why you think it can help some people.
Speaker 25: Well, it's called Kingdom Life Beyond Imagination Conference and this is to happen on Friday evening, November twenty ninth at seven fourteen and then on Saturday all day Saturday, November thirtieth, from nine am to five pm at.
Speaker 10: Heritage Fellowship Church.
Speaker 33: And we are hosting this event at Heritage because doctor Alex Lloyd, who is a individual that is going to be sharing principles about healing the root issues of any issue that people have, and Linda's going to share about that in a minute, and then Linda and I are going to be talking about restoring marriages and relationships. So this is about healing and relationships and if people want to have career and business success, we're also going to be talking about those kinds of things as well.
Speaker 34: So I'm excited about having doctor Lloyd here at Heritage because it's an amazing opportunity. This is a PhD psychologist who is also a natural pathic physician, and he has gotten twenty three or twenty five double blind studies from top universities showing that his process that was given to him by God because of the circumstances that his wife was in in severe depression and the Lord gave him this on a flight flying home from a red eye to help stop what was possible suicide. And so when the Lord gave him this, he now has spent thirty years researching it. And it's just incredible what the Lord gave him because it will immediately take out depression, anxiety, grief, anger or fear, are like rejection or any of the physical issues. It's been proven to cure cancer, breast cancer, skin cancer, has proven to heal any bodily issues. So whatever system is like heart system, circulatory system, the muscular system, bone, any autoimmune diseases, it's like an incredible opportunity. But my very favorite part is that he also has a test called True You, and this test normally costs one hundred dollars. He is giving it to anyone that signs up. This is a free thing, but the whole event is free. But he's giving us his test and the True You he will give you. When you get this test back, you will be able to see where the lies of the enemy are taking you out from who God says you are and instead of who other people say you are, are, instead of the devil whispering in your ear, who you think you are, and that's incredible because if you happen an anointing and an appointing by God to move forward. This is the time, this is the season, and we can't afford to be hindered by the enemy. And so he he goes in and shows you how to get rid of that so that you can walk in your appointed plan by God and who you are, and and keep the flow of the Holy Spirit instead of moving in and out into our flesh and out into into our spirit.
Speaker 16: Right.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is Heritage Fellowship Church, which is where guys real quickly and.
Speaker 10: In Florence, Kentucky. It's free and they can register online at McGrain dot com mc g R A n E dot com. And when they go there, they'll see a little picture that says Kingdom Life. They click on that and they'll register for free, and then they'll get the downloads of this free test that she was talking about and some printouts that they'll bring with them when they attend the event at Heritage Fellowship Church in Florence, Kentucky.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, if you've got time, we'll we'll talk about this again on Tuesday Night's nightcap.
Speaker 1: We'll we'll make arrangements to let people know about this again.
Speaker 2: Bill and Linda McGrain, thank you so much for spreading the word and getting the word out there. And I'm glad to be a conduit for that.
Speaker 25: I thank you.
Speaker 10: We appreciate the opportunity, all.
Speaker 1: Right, thank you so much. Guys. A breaking back it's coming up on eight twenty one. Gold Morning Kids Time Will gives from Wally will you marry me?
Speaker 2: Two elderly people living out there golden years in a Florida mobile home park. He a widower, she a widow. They'd known one another for a number of years now, and one evening there's a community supper in the big activity center. The two are at the same table, across from one another. As the meal goes on, he makes a few admiring glances at her and finally gathers up his courage to ask her, will you marry me? After a dramatic pause and precisely six seconds of careful consideration, she answers yes, Yes I will. The meal in with a few more pleasant exchanges, and they went to their respective places. The next morning. He couldn't remember did she say yes or did she say no? He couldn't remember. Try as he might, he couldn't recall, not even a faint memory. With great trepidation, he went to the telephone to call her. First, he explained to her that he didn't remember as well as he used to, And then he reviewed the lovely evening that they spent together, and he gained a little bit more courage. He finally inquired, ever, when I ask you if you would marry me, did you say that yes you would? Or did you say no? He was delighted to hear her say back on the line, why I said yes, yes I will, and I meant it with all my heart. And then she continued, and I'm so glad that you called, because I couldn't remember who'd asked me.
Speaker 35: Seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati, available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app now number one for podcasting. Seven hundred w l W and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: We all hear the radio ads about the I R s. They tell you to be afraid, to be scared, and they try to frighten you into calling.
Speaker 18: On road again.
Speaker 1: Just can't wait to get on the road again.
Speaker 2: He can't get he can't wait to get on the road music with my friend. You got to stay on the road, Mogar and it's not where's Waldo, it's where's Mo?
Speaker 1: This week?
Speaker 12: Hey Mo?
Speaker 1: Where are you?
Speaker 10: Atlanta, Georgia?
Speaker 1: Ah, you're there for the Georgia Tech U see basketball game?
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, two o'clock this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. So you missed the trip to to Manhattan, Kansas.
Speaker 10: I did?
Speaker 1: You wouldn't say I missed it, you poor guy.
Speaker 8: I hear.
Speaker 1: It's a real garden spot, Manhattan, Kansas.
Speaker 10: I've not been in the original plan obviously was to go this year. Then the basketball schedule came out and basketball to priority. I guess they never had to Manhattan one day.
Speaker 2: I never have been much of a fan of Atlanta. I mean even I lived in that area in the early eighties. I lived just north of there in Chattanooga, and Atlanta was just a you know, a hop skip and a stone throw away. But the traffic and everything about it, it just has all of the big city accoutermol with better weather. I get your thoughts on Atlanta, and.
Speaker 1: In fact, heaven's you had, good, good good.
Speaker 10: I haven't spent a ton of time in Atlanta. This is probably, I think, maybe the fourth time that I have been here. I've never had a bad time here. Brave Stadium is really cool. Went there for a couple of games in twenty nineteen. That's a pretty cool place. Came here for a basketball tournament in twenty thirteen at the Georgia Dome, which was not very good. Came here for the Peach Bowl a few years ago when UC was in it. That was pretty cool. And enjoyed myself in Atlanta last night. But it's not a city I've spent a ton of time in. My experiences haven't been unpleasant, but I've heard a lot of folks describe it the same way you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just kind of, you know, it's and it kind of like after watching a TV commercial, I'm not going to buy a Jaguar. But and I thought about it, the big controversy over the Jaguar TV commercial, and I thought, you know, even before the commercial, I wasn't going to buy a Jaguar. And I've known people who owned Jaguars and I would never own a Jaguar. I had a guy who had a sixty six, a classic jag and it broke down. It was in the it was in the shop for three and a half years.
Speaker 1: I did you know, you know, the.
Speaker 10: Late Jim Scott owned drove a Jaguar. He did commercials for a Jaguar dealership and when the radio station was in Mount Adams. The only time Jim, when I worked with him, was was late for his show was when he couldn't get the jaguar up the hill right, so somebody had to go and get him. And I don't recall what we did start the show. I think I think maybe Rich Wahlberg went on and sold the time, so Jim got there maybe twenty minutes late, and again he was doing commercials for a Jaguar dealership. He proceeds to go on the air and talk about how bad the jaguar was in the snow. He couldn't get up the hill, that's why he was late. I said. I looked at him, and I said, do I cross that one off the log? Is that the commercial for today? Or are we doing that later? So when I think of Jaguars, that's what I think.
Speaker 2: You think, Well, I'd rather think of that than this weird TV commercial. Anyway, back to sports and traveling, I've always kind of wanted to ask you about favorite spots and if you will dish and and throw some shade on places that you really hated to go. Is is there a place you will call out right now and go. I had the worst experience on the road in this place, and I hope I never have to go back.
Speaker 10: Connecticut.
Speaker 1: Connecticut, Connecticut, you see.
Speaker 10: So part of it's not Connecticut's fault, but the Bearcats when they were in the Big East and then in the American Athletic Conference with Connecticut, uh, they would it felt like every time they would play Yukon and football in Hartford, it was always late November, so you're not getting a lot of daylight anyway, especially on the East coast right that the sun doris go down a little bit earlier on the East coast and it does the western part of the Eastern time zone. So first of all, the football stadium was terrible. I've been to Connecticut maybe a dozen times. I've never seen the sun. I've I've never seen my shadow because the sun has never come out. It's always cloudy, dank, dark. We've always stayed in Hartford, which doesn't ever feel like there's anything to do there. I've seen some really bad games, So that would be probably the first place. I'd also probably put Syracuse in that category, although I have had a good meal in Syracuse. You know, when you see it was in the Big East with Syracuse. We played there a lot. I never saw the sun come out there. So those are places that stand out as spots that I didn't really like. I'm trying to think of others of other places that jump off.
Speaker 1: The page, just kind of.
Speaker 10: Yeah. M you know, the lack of nightlife in Provo, Utah made it not so fun. But it is a beautiful place at the stadium the BYU played and.
Speaker 1: It's it's Utah. What'd you expect Falt Lake City fun?
Speaker 10: You know, I was in Salt Lake City. There's a lot there, but uh.
Speaker 2: More more Mormons, more, more and more more Mormons in Provo probably.
Speaker 10: Uh yeah. And the rules about getting an alcoholic beverage in Provo have been loosened since the first time I went there, But the first time I went, you know, uh, kind of hard to have a really good time the night before the game. But it is a really, really pretty place.
Speaker 1: Somebody told me. Somebody told me mo that used to be in Utah.
Speaker 2: If you'd go to a bar, they they would only serve you like an airplane bottle of booze at a time, and and it wasn't even out on the bar.
Speaker 1: They had go get it, like yeah, you know.
Speaker 10: The first time I was in Provo, it was twenty fifteen and I was with Tony Pike and we were there for a game and we went and found I think it's really weird how they do it. They have bars, and they have restaurants, and each one of them has to have a sign outside telling you what it is. And so we went to get something to eat and we ordered beers, and they they make you get food first, essentially to prove that you're eating before they give you a beer. And then we went to the one bar in Provo and the beer they would sell was three to two beer, okay, right that you know, eighteen year olds were allowed to drink back in the day. And then if you, let's say you had like you know, you're a bartender, somebody has like you know, maybe two inches of beer left in the bottle, and they'll say, you know, go ahead and give me another. They won't get you another until the bottle is totally empty. When the bar closed, they put all the booze under lock and key it's something. It's something, and again, you know, I respect everybody's beliefs. You know, it is what it is. But if you want to go and have a good time, not the greatest place to be.
Speaker 2: So you're in Atlanta for the UC Georgia Tech basketball game. Tell me about the Yellowjackets and how they stack up against the Bearcats real quickly.
Speaker 10: Well, Damon Stodomeier is the coach, one of I think nineteen coaches right now in Division one basketball who played in the NBA the nineteen ninety six NBA Rookie of the Year. Has a team that gave up one hundred and five points to North Florida. Georgia Tech is two and two. They've lost two games obviously this season. One was the Georgia but the other was that game where they gave him one hundred and five points. And so the first thing you think about is can you see exploit what they don't do defensively? The Bearcats have a good offensive team. I think if Wes Miller was honest and he was with us in the game show the other night, I think he would express some concern about how his team defended against NKU and how the Norris were even on the boards with them. But you know, I like this UC team a lot because of their offensive weaponry. They're one of the best outside shooting teams so far early in the season in college basketball, and Georgia Tech at this point has not been very good at stopping outside shooting and stopping teams from getting to the rim, and those are two things the Bearcats have done very well.
Speaker 1: Will you miss Jonathan India's hair?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Jonathan India had a really nice four year run in Cincinnati. But the Reds need starting pitchers who have started and completed big league seasons without interruption, and they acquired one last night.
Speaker 2: Brady Singer had a three point seven to two ERRA last season, which isn't bad for a starting pitcher in Major League Baseball. Tell me something else about Brady Singer we ought to know as Red's fans as we look forward to the twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 10: So, Jonathan India was the National League Rookie of the Year in twenty twenty one, which is great, well deserved. Brady Singer got Rookie of the Year votes in twenty twenty He has been durable and you know, I think in an ideal world, Brady's singer is in the middle of the rotation, right because Hunter Green is really good and really healthy this year, and Andrew Abbott is healthy this season, and Nikola Dolo is healthy this season. But you know, if you take Nick Martinez out of the equation, the Reds didn't have a starting pitcher that you would project for twenty twenty five who has avoided the injured list. Everybody has gotten hurt at some point, Abbot, Ashcraft, Udolo Green, you know, Brandon Williamson. This is a rotation that is marked with a lot of upside and a lot of talent, but unfortunately a lot of guys who just haven't been able to stay healthy, and so the Reds put a premium on getting a guy who has done that. He got through five innings and thirty of his thirty two starts. Now that might not sound much, but the way the game has played these days, five innings in twenty twenty four is like seven innings in two thousand and four. So he's been durable, he's gotten deep into games, and he's pitched well. So it's a good acquisition. I think the thing now this offseason is to find out how and when and with whom the Reds are going to get an outfield back. Because if we were to jot down a list of team needs going into the offseason, I still feel like that would have been at the top of the list. They need some power in the outfield because they didn't have much last year. How do they get at this offseason right now is to me the biggest.
Speaker 2: Storyline, and Matt McClain being healthy is crucial too now that India's gone there in the infield, we have got two NFL games since Bengals bye week tomorrow here on the big one. We've got Dallas at Washington and San Francisco at Green Bay that we are going to air since there are no Bengals games. I predict the Commanders get well against the Cowboys, who are just woeful, and I predict that Green Bay wins at home against the San Francisco team that does not have Rock Party and Nick Boson what do you think?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think the brock Party injury changes things for me just a little bit. I think what's interesting about that game is is Jordan Love has thrown a pick in every game that he is starting. Yeah, and so this is likely to be close. Does that end up being the difference. And to me, you have to just really good fun, elite play calling coaches and Matt Laflora and Kyle Shanahan. But yeah, I think you have to give Green Bay the edge and then you know, you talk about a disaster. The Dallas Cowboys be just an absolute mess. The Washington Commanders offensively have slowed considerably in recent weeks, but the Dallas Cowboys have been dreadful all season long in the obviously playing with the backup quarterback as well. So I like Washington.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we will be listening for you on the basketball game today. You see at Georgia Tech one thirty pre game two o'clock. Tip Moeggar will be there and enjoy Atlanta if it's possible, mo I will you got it? All right, thank you very much. But he said he went to Connecticut and never saw the sun. He obviously didn't go to the Mohican Sun Casino, and there he has seen the sun. By Gallon counselor, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? How about you?
Speaker 2: I'm all right, glady to head to the after the show show, slinging drinks for Hillbillies and others. Nothing all of that in Newport and uh, what's on the show. Well, we're going to talk about Trump's cabinet picks. Of course, Matt Gates pulled out Pam bank det was a great replacement. I don't know why they didn't pick her. It should have been Sick first. I mean eight years as a tour to Attorney General of Florida. Yeah, I mean big Trump support. Maybe there's some strategy in it.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 36: Pete Hegseath seems to be in trouble. I'm not bothered by the allegations Gary Jeff of sexual misconduct. He wasn't charged criminally with him. What bothers me is apparently he didn't tell Trump or the transition team about it. That's a big problem, and that's a breach of trust.
Speaker 2: Well, the Pete Hegseth thing didn't happen, Mike, what do you mean it didn't happen?
Speaker 1: What didn't nothing happened? Nothing happened. I'm not following you.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you said he didn't tell Trump and the transition team. Pete heggsa is about what you got it to disclose?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 1: Gary, what do you that there are allegations out there. Well, there are allegations about you and me.
Speaker 36: Listen, you do not not tell Trump or his transition team, but you gotta tell him about it. I'm not saying it's disqualifying for him. I'm not saying that all.
Speaker 1: The allegations that I never heard about. What it is is that he didn't disclose it.
Speaker 36: I don't know your garden variety sexual misconduct where cops investigate, no criminal charges filed, and then there's a payoff. I don't care about that, Gary, Jeff, but you got to tell Trumpe is his team about that.
Speaker 1: You have to disclose that. But anyway, he's gone. I think.
Speaker 36: I'm going to talk about the Democrats still not getting it. There's a Washington Post columnist who says that Republicans are out to kill your kids. Also, Los Angeles is becoming a sanctuary city.
Speaker 1: Isn't that great?
Speaker 36: And we're going to talk to Alex chant to feel you at ten or pea chair, And we're going to talk to consultant Kevin Burton Burton.
Speaker 1: At eleven, very nice.
Speaker 2: Mike Allen Saturday Midday coming up next on seven hundred WLW Man