Speaker 1: Oh ho ho.
Speaker 2: The Panthers have woe.
Speaker 3: For brandyship stea around in the Jesus.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 4: That they can win just one more.
Speaker 3: Guys had a fighting plan. He's secondary signing Van. Then I haven't got off his bus to work with name Van. The build to play in nursery had formed the dynasty. That dynasty show looks like it is. Oh over now, oh ho ho.
Speaker 1: The Panthers have one.
Speaker 3: For reading ships.
Speaker 1: And the chances allow.
Speaker 5: That they get me five.
Speaker 3: They won so many games, but they lost so many players. Works in Kate, welcome rois Ou, kick out cry Fisher, Harrison, LOUI gone. Now the dynasty is done. The only five in row they got with five games.
Speaker 2: Losezing now.
Speaker 3: Oh ho ho the Fildes, I'm done, way leave the cat.
Speaker 2: It's tragic.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: They're not ready. Five.
Speaker 6: Welcome back quick hands right for the podcast, Season three, episode seven. What was that?
Speaker 4: Oh that was me being.
Speaker 1: Silly, silly. I want to thank you a producer.
Speaker 6: That just welcoming guys, tenure Ardie George.
Speaker 7: Guys, did you like that?
Speaker 6: I like back in the saddle again.
Speaker 1: I went do that again?
Speaker 6: That was good, that was funny, It was it was funny. George waits around six in the can.
Speaker 1: In the can, in the can, I'm.
Speaker 6: Going to steal the same lane, the same line that Break the Nasty uses every night at n l C sixty. Huge show tonight. Right, there's a couple of interesting things to talk about before we go. There are what's your good Thing of the week? And by the way, we missed you last week.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Sorry I can't make it last week, but I heard the pod was great. Pod guys us did a great job. So when am I expecting my redundancy?
Speaker 6: So we can't do that until the first time. I remember, I can't talk about it just year because.
Speaker 1: My manager has already been talking around out there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good thing of the week it goes to a man named jend Boy. He's a young Norwegian goalkeeper. He's not related to running Ronald, not related at all to the too Dutch, the toonder boar and what's the Ronald the ball relation? No relation.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: He saved the penalty on his debut for Club Bruin f K. They ended up losing one nil, but he got four. He got the man of the match. He did and he got rewarded four trays of eggs from Michael Barner. Now you know what, he's now looking to join the Tigers because in ten years you'll get a barbie you with that. But that was my good thing of the week gender bar from the local Sportsman. True story. It was a true story.
Speaker 6: I sort of facebook so and this is the part of the show every week where I've got to shake my own hand.
Speaker 1: That was next.
Speaker 6: Okay, what's it all right? The para matterials, let's move on.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 6: Well, I think I think it's self explanatory. Let's uh, let's get out a controversy corner we've got. There's a couple of big things to talk about. Obviously, do you guys want to start with Lockland Galvin or Spencer Theen You lucky start with Locklan? You so everyone knows what's going on with Galvin rejected five year, five million dollars off from the Tigers before. Now there's a lot to talk about. But before you go any further, it actually has in the last hour released the statement, So I'll read that out. I'll read that out verbatim. I totally understand my decision. Sorry my voice, I totally understand my decision will frustrate many West Tigers fans, but please know that it wasn't an easy call to make. It's a decision that I have discussed at length with my parents', closest friends and family. I'm extremely grateful for their love and support in making this call. The biggest reason why I made this call now is so that the West Tigers have enough time to plan their roster without me in the future. That's the absolute truth of it. The club were eager to get a deal done and so they called a meeting with my management last week. I could have mulled over this decision all season, but I didn't think that was the right thing to do. I thought it would be best for everyone to make the call now rather than drag it out. Any suggestion that I already have a deal done at another club for twenty seven is simply not true. I'm extremely grateful to be able to go to work every day as an NROL footballer, and the West Tigers have played a massive role in the opportunity I have to play this game. I just feel that as I move into an important period of my development a half that I continue to build my game at a different club.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 6: I know this might be hard for some people to understand, but I make this decision in the best interest of my career.
Speaker 1: That's his statement, signed Isaac Moses.
Speaker 6: Probably his father also made a few comments. I don't know if you guys want to hear that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so his father, James Galvin said, I can understand how Tiger's fans feel, but as his father, I can also understand why Lachlan feels he needs to change. I want the best for my son and his development as an NRL player, and for that I'm supportive of his decision, as he's the one who knows his game best. As a family, we're comfortable that Lucky is backing himself as a young man. What I know is that Lucky will continue to do his best for the club for the remainder of his time here.
Speaker 4: Like you kill him, my father, you kill him, my poor dad, kill him, my poor dad. Well there you go, there you go.
Speaker 6: This is a polarizing topic. I'm it's obviously interested to hear what all you guys think. My take on it, very quickly is I don't see what anyone's done wrong. Every player at every club has until November one two, you know, test them, test their value on the market. I don't understand why he's been ostracized. That's just my take on it. You know, you know what, it was the club that shut him down, right, he said he wanted to test his value in the club will be here, you know what, Nico, That's how I understand it.
Speaker 4: I think the media is making a big thing out of it. You know what, at last there's some green shoots out of this club after a very very long term, terminal decade and the brightest star is is opted to leave. Why with a lot of innuendos. You know, he doesn't like the coaching this that he came out and he told us why, that's his statement, has has has you know, what we see is what we get. No, of course we know he's our parents of his parents have waived the magic wand there's no doubt in all of our minds that his manager has put his twenty cents in.
Speaker 6: Isn't that his manager's job? Give him the best.
Speaker 4: His managers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but his manager is the one I was reading to say about it. He's like well known for making moves like this. He's called desk out of Tigers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but hasn't he got every one of his clients the best deal possible. I mean, it's hard to.
Speaker 2: Argue rejected Lachlin already because that.
Speaker 6: Way I deal with Moses. But I mean, isn't isn't the desk better off for having gone to the roosters in the last five years?
Speaker 1: Probably? But how do you know if Moses and Teddy stayed at Tigers, how do you know Tigers wouldn't be But.
Speaker 6: I mean, at what point does the club turn around and look at itself and say, what are we doing wrong? Because everyone keeps wanting to leave. So again I was telling George earlier and I don't know the details, right, we only know what we read. But the way I look at it, and again when out knowing intimate details of it, it looks like me, it looks to me like a seasoned campaigner being rich O right, Richardson, he's shot himself in the foot here because he's gone off emotionally. Now, Now, if I'm if I'm sitting at the other end of the table and I want this kid and his manager says, we want to test that value on the open market, and in my head, I'm going no way. The first thing I'm going to say is sure, I understand and we'll support you.
Speaker 1: Just let us know what you need.
Speaker 6: Because in my head I'm saying to myself, well, I've got I've still gotten to November to flip it, so let's play it smart.
Speaker 1: But they didn't.
Speaker 6: They reacted emotionally and they did the opposite. Came out, well he won't be here. Well now he won't be there, so any chance you did have of keeping him is gone because you went off early. When if he was a smart operators as as he apparently is, he would realize he's got over six months to lock this kid in.
Speaker 4: There's something doing because this is the third time he's asked for release. He hasn't asked for release.
Speaker 6: George, you never asked him before. The club has been trying to lock him down this time.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 6: No, even at the end of last year they tried to and they're saying we're not we're not ready to talk yet.
Speaker 4: So he didn't ask for release least, never asked for a release.
Speaker 1: Okayot thought you get me out. Oh that was buzz buzz, and then they shut it down.
Speaker 6: He didn't ask for a release, Okay, he simply didn't commit.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what My take on this and look if he wants to leave because he's he doesn't want to be coached by Benji, thinks he's got a better chance elsewhere. Well, if I was him, I would be only wanting to go to Cleary, Bellamy, Robbo or Benet. I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.
Speaker 6: What's the roller?
Speaker 1: What's he done?
Speaker 6: Want to com I think it's pretty obvious. Want to com No, but in the last two years, look what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Doesn't want to comp?
Speaker 6: Well, that's not that's not the telling factor though.
Speaker 1: I mean Webster got Warriors close easier, supercate.
Speaker 6: How many coaches have won the comp? How many current coaches?
Speaker 1: I don't understand what his name.
Speaker 6: Is in it? Well, you know what everyone's forgetting here and ten I'm can you get your thoughts on this right? Everyone's saying, oh, it's it's wrong because he feels he's not going to develop under Benji. You know, it's disrespectful or whatever. What's Benji done apart from winning Wooden Spoon, He's done nothing. It was his first year, his second year, he's one. I wouldn't He's one. I wouldn't. We'll surrounded in his third year. Yeah right, and he's done a lot better than Benji. What's he done right, he's well, they're coming first and they undefeated. According into the round six? Yeah, quarter away.
Speaker 1: Into the round six. Can I just say about like you lost last year's final, one game lost the finals, got to the final, they lost.
Speaker 6: It's given. You seriously can't tell me the Bulldogs aren't the hottest team in the competent.
Speaker 1: So Benji gets the makes the finals this year in his second year. He hasn't done the same as Sirolde got his team from the ship in the finals in the second year. You think you will, you never know. He's there In.
Speaker 4: Terms of terms of young lucky he's nineteen. Like he really doesn't know what good coaching is he yet? Like INEW my view, you know what I mean, what does he know about coaching?
Speaker 6: So like we didn't have one, he hasn't had one first grade coach.
Speaker 4: So well, like we say, it's it's it's things all around. This is you know, it's what we see is not what we get. Now, if he generally wants to move to a super club, you mean, look, go for it, fair enough.
Speaker 6: It'd be nice. Sticks to Cleary, he'd be grateful.
Speaker 1: That's old. What do you think clearly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Jerome actually put a post on Instagram when he was behaving so well. But he put a post upon his stories saying team first.
Speaker 6: Which is funny coming from a guy who signed the contract eighteen months out before he left his club. Yeah, no double, no double standards there and happy curs who, along with Jerome sorry, complained about him happy when he signed his contry with the Tiger's insulted the club and fans by making fun of them and saying I'm going to get my first wooden spoon. He wasn't wrong. He's got three now.
Speaker 1: But Richard is building a nice team around him anyway. Sorry Tea, Yeah, sorry.
Speaker 2: I just think it's and Artie. Last week before we jumped on, I gave Georgia a thirty minute insight into recruitment. I think it's it links back to that, right, so even if you look at leadership and everything else. But also so the way I read it was he declined the contract first, and then subsequently all these things came out about you know, unrest and everything in the team and just the gossip we don't know and if he wants to go go. But it's it's like if I if I'm talking to candidates and they want to hold out, he won't stay there till November.
Speaker 6: Anyway, It's unable.
Speaker 2: It's great, and it's great that he's done the statement and everything, but I guess you know in my experience with the managers and like player managers that they do think about the player, but obviously they get paid, right, So I don't know, you don't know where the truth lies. But it would be really disappointing if he gets impacted by this because he's what would he know, would it not?
Speaker 6: I think there's two important things to remember here as well. Right, his manager would have got a juicy commission from a five year, five million dollar signing, So I think everyone's feeting that. And I think the other thing as well is and I could be wrong, correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't seen anywhere where he's come out and said it's Benji. He said, my development in the club. The club. The club has been a basket case for a decade. This club has not made the finals in thirteen years in a competition where half of the competition makes the finals.
Speaker 1: I think that's why, right.
Speaker 4: It's the reaction is because we're starting to see some green shoes.
Speaker 6: There might be more, but I'm just saying there might be more behind the scenes that we're not aware.
Speaker 1: Definitelys were in a similar position and then Richardson came in there and he fixed it up and they won their first con. And he's doing he's doing well. He's doing well. You've got to give him time. He's not going to fix it in one or two years. He needs a few more years. And he's starting to build a team around him. The spine is brilliant and that's why, and that's why it hurts.
Speaker 4: That's why it all of us because what I said, we've seen something good come out of something because we all like with the Tigers, no one hates the Tigers, you know what I mean, And I mean they've had hard eight six five years, So it hurts.
Speaker 1: It hurts me.
Speaker 2: The thing is so in a different frame. If he was playing this year for Pernet, it would be a different story, right. So it's like, because I was reading about this before I jumped on tonight and there's lots of back and forth and Benji like, I just think one it's like the Azramm thing. There needs to be like an actual statement, like I don't mean players going on social media and everything else too, you know that statement that Galvin has put together like well written, right, but just just be honest because people can sense bullshit.
Speaker 6: I just think like he's a kid, right, he's nineteen years in school last year, right, But well he's obviously been I mean he's obviously his management and his parents are because he's a kid, you know. But I feel like he's being ostracized, you know, I mean, what's he done wrong other than said I want to test my options. Maybe I want to go play for a different club. Like's that's so bad?
Speaker 2: Like he's don't anything wrong. It's probably timing Nick, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I know, it's just everyone well Dylan Brown round one. You know, no one's criticizing that because of the money. Yet that's usually the number one criticize. In fact, when we're talking about this type of thing, isn't it funny?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 4: Maybe he wants to be involved in a so called big club.
Speaker 6: Maybe he wants to go to a strong club who's the premiership contender.
Speaker 4: Because he's everything, He's going to be everything that and more. Early Early early view that's what I think is going to be everything and more than what we think. He's going to be in the right structure, in the right team, in the right mental ship, and maybe he sees I don't know, Isaac doesn't work with the ruses when you look at the Ruses, but they've got everything there to grow as a human and as a player, possibly surrounded or can we I've got things like that, Bennett, They've got things like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So maybe maybe he wants to go to one of those things.
Speaker 6: It's never an issue when a club wants to let a play, well, this is this is it, this is it Now swings both ways.
Speaker 4: So every time the players, the club's move players on. And Gus moved twelve in one year. Yeah how he did it, I don't know. But Gus moved twelve players in one year. Parent moved two big names on last year. I'm talking about that. So when that happens, somehow the clubs, the clubs get untouched. But when a player he wants to move and you can't make a player stay, it's always the players find it's the money. It's the money that they want, you know. I suggest to you, like it will go somewhere less than what you may well do. Yeah, less than what are the Tigers are giving him? Because five years five million it.
Speaker 6: Was actually it was actually six years six million because it included an upgrade for this season and next season which would have total an extra MILLI.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so six million for six years for a nineteen year older and probably there's some ratchet Claus. There's no way in the world will signed for.
Speaker 1: For that.
Speaker 4: He's not gonna get any better.
Speaker 1: If that was me, if he genuinely wants to improve his career, I'd be knocking on an iron clar his door and begin.
Speaker 6: I'll come for final. To me, they look like the club in decline. You got to think about the next five years, right. It's not an issue where at the moment. It's not an issue where he's going. It's an issue that is what he wants to do. And why has West lost another one?
Speaker 1: That is an issue? It's always West.
Speaker 6: Do you know what I reckon? The smartest operator in sport has struck here and everyone's missed it. Say just.
Speaker 1: Media.
Speaker 6: She's done the deal already with media. You know how he's done it. He's done it twice, right, twice in the last three months. Firstly, he came out and said, this kid's the best teenager I've ever seen. If you're locked with Galvin and phel goold are saying that, or if you're luck with Galvin's dad and phel good To saying that, you're like wow. He followed that up, this is publicly on TV foot and all that. He followed that up by saying, this kid should not leave the West Tigers. He needs to stay at that club. They need to And again, if you're this kid's parents, you are going wow. He's putting the kids well being first. He cares about this kid's future. Maybe now that Galvin's decided to leave, well feel good someone.
Speaker 1: Who we know, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: He's sneaky, you know what I mean. He's going to be a bulldog. That's my prediction. Your prediction, they have that predition. Pain they haven't.
Speaker 4: They haven't signed our half back at the moment, So maybe we're going to have Burton's gonna have to win number seven. I'd say that Lucky will go seven and Burton will go six if he came to the club. Now into how they play, because I don't think Burton can play seven, but lucky he's a runner. He's not a Yeah, they'll just do the new system of the two running half, sort of the cronell Away, but.
Speaker 6: Then you look at us jumping forward. But apparently he's he's going to play this year round. Any well, he's been dropped. He's been dropped for this Funday game.
Speaker 2: Yes, he won't be much is here. You can't whatever he does from now until whenever, we'll dictate his future.
Speaker 6: So Paul on Paul Kent. I don't know if you guys see Paul Kent's blitz every afternoon, So this afternoon's you know what, I'll play it for you guys live over the microphone. Right, this is what Paul Kent said just a matter of hours ago.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess if Kenny has got some insight, he's.
Speaker 7: Already done, basically agreed to terms to Paramatter, that's ready to go, not allowed to do it. So yeah, it'll be denied, but it looks like fraud tense. He's going to paramatter. The deal is all but done. It can't be done legally, UNTI last November one, no one said this paramatter thing.
Speaker 1: By the way, yeahs have been thrown.
Speaker 7: Up obviously is one of the teams. Okay, one of the teams mainly was another bulldos for another.
Speaker 6: The understanding is.
Speaker 7: He is going to paramatter. They've agreed to terms. It's all done. I don't know the details of the terms. I can't be related to November one unless they give him permission.
Speaker 1: Sounds like lomax.
Speaker 6: I hope it's true.
Speaker 4: So that that's that's more manager driven than I want to improve myself because we don't know.
Speaker 6: We don't know, Jason, Well, you know what I mean. I mean, there's nothing in paramount that says you're going to improve yourself.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 6: No, I mean in terms of if you're talking about yes, I mean playing alongside it is a big, it is a big, But he isn't playing alongside le right if Nathan Cleariet Penrith, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well I don't get it.
Speaker 6: You know what, he's a paramount of fan let's not forget that's right. But as a junior, yeah, I'll be.
Speaker 4: I'll be interested to see Worry lanes and when we find out where he lanes, then things will become clearer. It's either he wants to go to a big club or Isaac Moses has helped him out, you know, showed we know.
Speaker 6: One thing's for surely you're not going to knock back a five million dollar gig with nowhere to go. There's there's something, whether it's power of the Bulldogs or whatever, something's been agreed on.
Speaker 1: How much money is he on Tigers now and next year?
Speaker 6: Three fifty?
Speaker 1: I think, okay, so what would the Tigers? If I was the Tigers, I would not release until twenty twenty seven? Why would you? Why would you release him?
Speaker 6: There's two there's two options, right, there's two ways to look at it, and I think you have to remove your emotion. A we keep him this year next year and get the most out of him to help us have the best season we can exactly. Or B we cut him and we get we just get a healthy, juicy transfer fee.
Speaker 1: It is we strengthen arrival, but when we shouldn't be strengthening arrival. The question, I'd want to keep him.
Speaker 6: I want to keep him out, but it's it's not really working out with Dylan Brown at the moment. You know, it's what are you going to get out of him?
Speaker 1: As well? Three fifty are only losing three fifty in the cap, Dylan Bread, you've got nine hundred sitting there. Yeah, it's three fifty.
Speaker 6: It's a junior.
Speaker 1: If you wouldn't want to play juniors, that's what I'm playing them. Anyway.
Speaker 6: If you want to be an ass, you could put him in Cup for the next year and a half. I would, But that will come back to buy you. Why when he joins the new club doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I'll take the hit. I would.
Speaker 6: I we're talking too much, haven't.
Speaker 2: I just think because the way that I read it was he released his statement or his dad or whatever or the agent, and then what has followed is that there's tensions in the club. Now if he goes to another club and he leaves again, it's going to look bad like one. He's nineteen to you know. If it is that, And despite what we think about tigers or whatever, That's why I've used the imagine if he was leaving rabbit Oz under Bennett. Whatever he doesn't exp once will dictate his future. He can be a flash in the pan. But also he is nineteen, so I would. I hope that he has the right people around him.
Speaker 6: It's it's a tiger's trade, right, It's a tiger's trade. People are going to hate me who are listening to this for saying this. It's a tiger's trade that we've seen over the last ten years that anyone who gets off the bus and stops there for a while becomes Tiger's property. Right, And whether it's Tedesco or they're still calling Moses a Tigers Jr.
Speaker 1: He's not right.
Speaker 6: Anyone who leaves that club is just public enemy number one. Blah blah blah. It's like, once you go there, you're never able to leave. We own you and your partner. That's it, right. We're talking about a kid who's played one season in first grade who's decided he wants to change clubs. What's the big deal? Why do they feel like he owes them something? Right?
Speaker 4: Well, they shouldn't right this moment. It shouldn't be a big deal.
Speaker 1: But he's right.
Speaker 4: What he does in his next next couple of years is going to be You can't take it for granted that he's going to develop and be the top player in the cop He's got to actually get developed. So if he thinks that already, because we've all told him he's going to be the best thing since sliced bread, and he just believes it, and his parents already obviously believe it, and Isaac obviously believes it. But if he believes it and he goes to a club which with about the right structures in it, he will be a flash in the panel. Like he said, so he's the next movie. Is there a possibility that that's what he's seeing at the moment? What do you mean not he's in a club that doesn't have the right strake, and I mean he's got great players around it. That's what I'm the coach is yet to yet to be proven, but got great players around him. There's a reason he doesn't want to be there. I don't know why. Maybe it's the playing group. Maybe he doesn't get along with the boys.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: I don't know about getting along with the boys. But in terms of coaching, I'll tell you that probably there's a big chance I can't. Benji's on his peo plate. There's no doubt he bench is on his old plates, l what you want to call it. He's still learning. He's going to take five to six years before become a coach. What do I hear is Gerine is right next to him. He's got the whistle in his mouth as well. He's seen because he's seen what a winning team looks like. He's got good players around the chorus O, yes so.
Speaker 6: But for them for those two to get together and approach the coach and said we don't want him in the team, that's untenable. Now he's been rejected by his own teammates because guess what he's doing exactly what they've done in the past.
Speaker 1: Change clubs, change club Yeah, but he did enough to win four comps. It doesn't matter. Still, he's stuck. He's got four comps. He gave Penrith four comps, like he stayed there. They want comps, and they gave him four comps as well, saysert them when they're building. You know.
Speaker 6: But I mean, but okay, well, how come Brent Naden wasn't treated the same way? Or Charlie staying as good as little? I'm talking about Galvin?
Speaker 1: You talk about?
Speaker 6: How comes they weren't ostracized when they left Penrith?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I just think the kid, what what? What's he done wrong? Nothing?
Speaker 1: But didn't we hear the same raps correctly? If I'm wrong. Didn't we hear the same raps with Luke Brooks Next best thing is going to be at nineteen? And everyone was saying, this guy is going to be the next to Andrew Johns and everything and how did that work out? What he didn't?
Speaker 6: He hasn't played Origin yet. It was like the next big thing? You never know, right, we never You never know where the teenager. You know, the kid's got all the tools, neverything, but you never know. It might amount to nothing exactly. It might turn out to be the next I mean remember JT at that age?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do that?
Speaker 4: Should?
Speaker 6: Do you want to with him? And I'm not And I'm not knocking the Tiger. That's all I'm saying is, let's put things into perspective here. You're talking about a kid who's played one season and decided he wants to change clubs. Why is everyone attacking him so much? Should Why did the Tigers always feel like everyone owes them everything they should? They shouldn't have Everyone who leaves that club is public getting in number one?
Speaker 1: But what makes the difference? I think they've put all these pieces around him to make him.
Speaker 6: They still hate Ivan Cleary. Look at what he did after he left.
Speaker 1: Look, they put Loui, they got happy, they've got bullet Dock, They've got this awesome team around him to help him. And then I think that's.
Speaker 6: Wait a second. The team wasn't built for him currently. I was signed two three years ago. Lou I was signed almost two years ago. No one even heard of Lachlan gathering two years ago. Don't say that the team was built around him. What we're saying is that there's enough pieces now. Yeah, but but but let's not don't try and sell that this whole team has been built around him for him, as.
Speaker 2: He's got good mentors, like the guys that came over from last year Panthersy Tigers. They've transitioned fine. Right, And then you've got to guy that's been propped by gold given a six million dollar contract and what Dad and Moses, Dad thinks that he can get better. And also why I announce it in April when he's supposed to leave in November, Because the.
Speaker 6: Reason was announced in April was because the club tried to force a deal on it. The response that's on the Tigers, not him, right, they had until November to play this. They played it completely wrong. Completely. They tried to rush it, they tried to bum rush it. It's backfired hard. Rite shot himself in the foot. They had until November to play this card, and they've tried to. They've tried to seal it up quickly and quietly, and it's backfired.
Speaker 1: Because it's the biggest deal for a junior in the history of the club.
Speaker 6: They forced him, They're going to get him in. They forced him into make it a call.
Speaker 2: Oh well, it depends on how you read it. Like I'm not, I'm probably I kind of agree with Aari where it's like, well, you have this opportunity, who cares if they wouldn't spring last year, have people around you that can support you, and here, all of a sudden, you think you're too good and you're going to go somewhere else and then you're going to have a nice, polished like. All I'm saying is what follows after this will dictate his future.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's we don't know what's happening. But there's a reason he doesn't want to be there's a reason.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 6: I don't know what it is, and sure as hell, it's not a money thing.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a money thing. And we're sitting here talking like this and very passionate because potentially he's he could be something extremely extreme.
Speaker 1: I think will.
Speaker 2: He could be. But if you can't handle a difficult environment where you can't get along with the team, which is how I read it, then he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Is what they're saying, is how I read it.
Speaker 2: That there was a lot of tensions in between and he struggled to be coached by Benji. And if that's the case, if he.
Speaker 6: Walks into it, if he walks into a team that embraces him a completely different environment, I feel like.
Speaker 2: They probably were embracing him to a point anywhere.
Speaker 1: Definitely. I think Benji he brought in Jade and Sullivan last year, and he brought in another half, was a caesar or someone. He brought these two halves right, and during the off season Galvin brained it and put him in ahead of those two. That's how much faith Benji put on this kid, because you know what you're impressing in. You know a lot of coaches don't do that. Look at look at can They've got Mitchell Woods Now he hasn't even touched number seven. Yet in first grade. Whereas Benji he gave this kid straight away and look how we developed last year.
Speaker 6: Actually, beIN's talking to Benji Marshall himself.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 6: I forget who where I heard this was just yesterday. Benji Marshall himself, when he broke in the first grade, was given three games by Tim Sheens. The following season he was given four games. Yea, he was bled over two years before. Exactly you know, whereas Benji he's putting in. Yeah, and absolutely Benji has given him his shot and the club, the club has given him an opportunity to be where he is now. But the club also forced his hand. I said, we want a decision, and like, well, if you forced me to make a call, that's it. I'm not comfortable doing that now.
Speaker 2: So no, I don't want to be here from a recruitment.
Speaker 6: Don't force me to make you know, I can speak from the experience from all the women who come out, and they want they want answers from me. They want dates, you know, they want you know, we want an answer.
Speaker 2: No, there's only time to think about it from a recruitment perspective. So ben she gave him a shot. They then put the money on the table, the biggest contractor for a junior, then tried to put people around him, invested in him from a recruitment as a business I owner. And then he's gone. And once they've been like hey, can you sign the contract which is actually fair commercially, he's gone nut and then hidden behind his manager, Like I just go the investment that you put in a kid or like just think if you go really granular. I don't blame them for trying to put it on him. Also, again it just I think I look at things differently.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think he's hiding behind his manager. I think he's managing his parents are dictating every move. Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 2: Also, like I think it's you know, and why.
Speaker 6: Tenure, why would he knock that deal back? Why would he knock that deal that's five million bucks for.
Speaker 1: Five ky knows Kenty just said why?
Speaker 6: But because I don't think he's going to get more somewhere else, right, Like what's the reason, what's the reason they can't hack it? Maybe maybe he's just unhappy there, Yeah, you know what I mean, Like everyone's always looking for it. Maybe he's just not happy there.
Speaker 4: That's what I think, Nick.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, if I give someone a six million dollar contract and they've spread romas and then got their parents and their manager involved, and then I had to respond, I'd be pretty happy he not.
Speaker 6: His manager's there for that very reason to be his manager. And he's nineteen years old, so his parents are going to be involved in whatever decision he makes. Imagine if it's your son at nineteen years old, you're not going to be involved with his manager at that point with a big decision like that.
Speaker 2: But you know yourself, when you're best in a team member, you're just staff member, are artie or whoever? And the time like printing, like marketing, everything like it's like and then to turn around and say I was going to leave this till later in the season, No, you won't, mate, You've got another deal somewhere else, and that next place you go to, you better like comply because it's just going to look like you're a problem.
Speaker 6: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't. I don't think it's I think it's crazy to think that he doesn't have a deal somewhere else. You have to Yeah, you wouldn't. I mean, don't forget like see, I look at it another way as well. Right, I'm going to give the kid credit because by saying I want to test my value in November one, if he has a season from hell, his market value goes in the toilet six months from now. That's a risk. Again, he might already have a deal, so it won't matter.
Speaker 1: That's why the Tigers employ. But that's a risk too, right, That's why I wouldn't play.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a that's a big risk for him. If he goes I want to test myself and then he has a horrible season. People look at it, Yeah, I'm sure the way newcasts are looking at Dylan Brown now, right, that's the risk you run as well. So it takes some jatz crackers to do that too.
Speaker 1: Someone.
Speaker 6: Unless there's an under the table deal already, what he does now.
Speaker 2: Will lead to will be a testament to his credibility. If he's saying that he's staying till November and he doesn't, or if he stays till November and causes ship, then that's the type of person.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 4: I think hard causing ship. I really find find that hard. I think things happened around him too, and I think some people are hanging on to his coat tails because maybe they find an opportunity here as a young man, there's an opportunity that there's a lot of people that can make some money out of his long career.
Speaker 2: He's not making a decision and.
Speaker 1: At nineteen, the kid just wants to play footing now.
Speaker 2: Again against a six million dollar contract.
Speaker 4: To do that, well, I would have taken it. I won't alight to you. I would have taken it. And he hurts him leaving because of everything we've said that. You know, we've we've seen his team struggle and been bashed up from pillar to the past, and we're seeing some green shoots and unfortunately another one which we think potentially could be a great he's going. But look, I agree with Nick as well. No one's actually done the wrong wrong here. No one's actually lucky, hasn't done wrong. He's moving on or he's testing his market.
Speaker 1: Oh will too. You know, you're an interesting thing.
Speaker 4: If he keeps on planing like he's playing right this moment, he actually did test the market. Someone will jump one point six. I'll tell you now, you're going to be that much, someone will jump. And the reason reason being is if you have it, if you want someone, because look how much Dylan got. Look how much Dylan Brown got. If you want someone and and you spend two hundred over and you haven't got it, what to make it?
Speaker 6: To make?
Speaker 1: What's what's that costume?
Speaker 4: If you haven't got him, If you need him and you haven't got him, So for argument's sake, put LOCKI into Newcastle, take Dylan away. Okay, guess what what's the bet he can put Pongo on outside shoulders? Dylan can't, probably, but he's been doing it now under the stress. Be interesting to see how this plays out. But yeah, I can't wait. The signing will tell us everything. The signing will tell us everything. Whatever he's going, he's only going to a big, big club where he can supposedly develop and all the rest or he's going to paramatter and obviously that's a that's amazes signing and looks it's It's.
Speaker 6: Okay, there's nothing wrong as long as we watch him play. Okay, So here's one question, one last question I got for you, and then let's move on. Right, Is he going to be a Tiger at the end of the season or is he going to be somewhere else accountable?
Speaker 1: He went, he will be? Who will be? Yeah, Shane Richardson, he's a very very smart operator. He won't let him go.
Speaker 6: Well, he said he won't, said he won't, he'd be stupid to it.
Speaker 1: I agree, No, I agree.
Speaker 4: But if they're not playing him in first because three hundred and fifty thousand, it's not even that, it's not, he will unstabilized.
Speaker 1: The place doesn't matter, it doesn't matter. And Richie's even.
Speaker 6: There, he will do You remember when Mitch Moses wanted out of there, he started kicking stones And.
Speaker 1: You know what, if I was always Tigers and Isaac Moses brought a play robots, I see you later, I wouldn't do any more deals with that guy because he has screwed the Tigers hard every time.
Speaker 6: Everyone everyone criticizes Isaac Moses, and I'm not a fan of how he operates, but he gets the money, he gets the best deals for his clients.
Speaker 1: He does, but not many clubs are going to want to deal with it.
Speaker 6: He's the best, and he's not going to have many He's got half the coaches under his belt exactly, but he he gets the best deals for that's he's the best.
Speaker 1: One mainly might be a good fit because he doesn't he's got a seat bowls. I'll give you a high price deal for Brooks for about all right.
Speaker 6: Let's let's let's move on. Let's move on to another controversial Everyone saw what happened between when the Broncos played the Roosters. Spencer Lean, you and Jonathan Thurston tan, I want to start with.
Speaker 2: You, like one, don't come up to a great while he's doing his job because you're butt hurt about something that happened twelve months ago.
Speaker 1: I think, I think j yeah.
Speaker 6: J Well however, was like, well, from what I understand, he got substituted off the field and when he was walking off actually the game, he gave he gave j T your mouthful on his way off, and then j T a person him to say what's your problem?
Speaker 2: He did it first yeah yeah, and then JT hung around for an hour to wait to talk, and he didn't come out but to desk. It was released to Desko and the manager came out, but sorry, who are you like? I know who he is. And also don't do that too. There is a time and place to do that if he has an issue with something that was said twelve months ago. And really the opinion was I don't feel like the band was fair and it should have been extended from And you know, JT played in an earlier time where he was villified and racially discriminated against, so probably hit harder with him. It shows to me that old mate isn't repentant as well. By the way, and I was there at the Dame because we saw it, like, but we didn't understand what was happening. You're playing, You're you're doing that in front of children who are waiting to get an autograph. Pick your time, mate, Like, that's just.
Speaker 6: I think it was stupid and wrong the way he did it. But I understand I understand why he was piece of the JT though, because because let's because let's call a space spade, can I say that? Right?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 6: You know, then you called Ezra Man a monkey and he got an eight week band and JT said he should have got a twelve week band. But the same guy who got called a monkey got high on coke, drove an under the car without a license, smashed someone, put someone in hospital, and he got a nine week Man one week more and he's saying, well, if you're if you're so criticizing me so bad, how come you ever said anything about him, which he didn't. JT didn't say.
Speaker 2: He was never asked about that.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean that's that's a very semantic split.
Speaker 2: But also don't do that in front of children.
Speaker 1: No, I agree.
Speaker 6: The way he did it was was stupid. And the fact that he went and put an Instagram post. I mean, yeah, this generation of football players, like spent the Spencer the news, they're earning so much money twelve years from now, you know what they're going to be saying, would you like fries with that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: That's how That's how. That's how idiotic these players are.
Speaker 2: You can there's a respect thing here. That's that's all I'm saying. I don't mind if he went and pulled him aside afterwards or I don't know, maybe two weeks after he made the comment, not twelve months down the track to someone that's a commentator, because the the and and look, if we're calling anyone's character into question, like things that JT did, things as a man did whatever, regardless, like everyone's got you know, a shit period of their life or whatever it might be. If you're a footy player, it's that's not how you do it. So you're trying to regain some sense of notoriety, or he was trying to make himself look good, but the way that he did it has called his character into question. That's all.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows how I feel about the Spencer thing and these Roman thing. It's something long seeded, something that goes back a long, long long time. It goes back to a certain Grand Final and Spencer, for some reason, he's got Spencer's got people living in his head rent free. So I suggest Spencer should sort of let it go. I think, what would you do it on live TV in front of everyone? Because, as you he said, he could have done it, he could have done it better. I think I think Spencer's got the issue. J two went on a few pods, two or three pods continuously and said that he did.
Speaker 6: He said, repeatedly, as they should have got twelve weeks. You know, so he called someone a monkey, fair enough, right, not nice? But with what as your man did. JT didn't criticize that at all at all. And you know what else makes me laugh about this whole situation. The NRL's response is that we're not going to get involved unless one of the parties. Will you get involved with everything else? His sticulates literally everything else? Right, Yeah, So if that's not putting the game into disripute, what Spencer Lenu did, then what is I was on life television.
Speaker 2: All I would say is on that night, if you're a nine year old and you saw that happened, would you remember exactly?
Speaker 1: That's my point, that's my point to be.
Speaker 2: You know, like heroes in kids eyes, there's a time and place to do it.
Speaker 6: And the NRL decided that there's no case to answer, but we don't get involved because no one's complained.
Speaker 4: So you you just put a different spin on.
Speaker 1: It for me, but it doesn't go to show how much it's affected Lent you now think about it. He said a comment of Monkey, and he got accused of being an absolute race.
Speaker 6: He's got the worst band in the game, and in his head he.
Speaker 1: Has been absolutely he's been smashed and it's in his head and then it just spucked up again and honestly, he just it just burned him and he just reacted. He shouldn't have reacted the way that was wrong, but you can tell how much it's affected him that whole monkey.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what else as well, Reese has got his number, and yeah, he's got his number and did what res does again to him as you do, to put him off the game.
Speaker 1: And that's how it all it was going on. Apparently during the game.
Speaker 4: In the game, he was just given it to him. And like I said, and that's why when he came off, he got he got upset.
Speaker 1: Look, he should make just to the Nottra whatever to Jonathan at least to the public for what he did.
Speaker 4: He gave us, He gave us a different angle with the kids. I never even thought about the kids, and she had her both kids there. Yeah, so look I never thought of that. I went straight to Hesra Man or Jonathan Thurston. Right, they're both right and they're both wrong. But if Spencer can just park it or just get it out of his head and just you know, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I thought was even worse. Trent Robinson defending Pennsylvania in the press conference.
Speaker 1: That's his job. I mean, that's his job. He did it, that's his job. Imagine how the dressing room had been.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he doesn't know what happened.
Speaker 1: So it's a tough situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't even know if if if Robbo knows the whole story from from the Grand Fine, I don't even know if he knows that, you know, he just sees what's happening in front of him. I don't think Spencer will sit down and tell him the whole story.
Speaker 1: Look look at the Broncos. Do you think they've gone down hard on Israel. It's like they've supported him. I'll try to get into places of games and look at he's done, which is my far worse. You can't criticize, well, you got to support is You've got to support your players, unfortunately.
Speaker 4: But anyway, look, it's it's it's I hope. I hope it's parked now. I hope, I hope.
Speaker 1: I don't think it will be that.
Speaker 4: I have Spencer, I have Spencer Parks. You don't need you don't need the you don't need all this stuff. And you know what, I think Jonathan was just calling the crossfire, that's all. I don't think. I don't think it was planned or done. I just think he just caught it up in the crossway. Because we can start the trial and start all all these indigenous stars, but commentators or players who said something about him calling Israel monkey. So he was just Jonathan was just calling a cross for unfortunately, and it is unfortunately because a's T said, you know, the guys are acummentator, legend and so forth.
Speaker 1: But you just said now that he went on three pods and said the same thing he did he did. No, I agree, you know what you know, he wasn't just a little stated three times. Do you know how I feel about this. I'm trying to hold I'm trying to hold my tongue. I'll try to hold my tongue. You all know very clear.
Speaker 4: But I don't think should should should play in our role for the next two years.
Speaker 2: But also, and my kids weren't close enough to that. It was the first time I brought my kids to Suncle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other thing too. I mean, I'm sure we'll talk about it. I roll the game itself. But the fact that not just the fact, because a lot of the comments are talking about, like, you know JT and stuff. Have some respect. Mate, you're twenty four. Did you do what JTT did and then also go on to set up a company to support indigenous you like who are you and who are you to do that in front of people and all those because he did it. We were sitting right near there, all the kids were waiting because it was kind of near the entry for our horse Buck. All the kids were there and forever all those kids think of it that way. That might be their first experience or whatever. Just it's just gross behavior. And it's like, well, this is what we go back to with everything, Ezra. Everything. If it is your job to represent your company or your club or whatever in every way, if you can't hold it together, don't be there and don't do it in public. Essentially, do it somewhere else.
Speaker 4: Hopefully he's a robot spoken to him and he can hold his stuff together again. And like I said, there's people living in his head. Rent Free at Israel be it, but Reese be whoever there's there's there's people living in his head. So I hope Spencer just gets it out of his hand because it wasn't need But Reese has got his number, his number. Uh, you just mentioned Buck. Let me tell you about buck Tea. Last time I went to sign corp okay can we got beaten so badly? I was sick and title of seeing Buck running around the field. Let me tell you, I think Buck had enough from running around. You didn't want to do it anymore. I didn't want to do any more laps. So yeah, I can't want to see buck again. I want to see bucket again, I said.
Speaker 2: The boys were like, is that a real horse? I'm like, that's bucking. Then I was like, look different.
Speaker 6: Well, you got to change the buck occasionally. Remember the Twelfth Man, Gary Buck and Arra. He had a buck and beatty last week and it was bucking grading in today. All right, let's let's move on to the week it that was. We're gonna do something a little bit different this week. We're each going to review two games. Right, yeah, So George wanting to kick us off with the Dolphins and the soul Takers.
Speaker 4: The soul Taker there's no more, no more souls being taken. Unfortunately in the you.
Speaker 6: Know, Nicolas funny Parlet equal first at the top of the table to flip it up, so down must win good company.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: You know, when your game plan is to bash the living daylight out of teams and you can't do that anymore, the game plan falls apart, really, really, really quickly in Igola. I'm stunned. I'm stun what I'm seeing because I thought by now maybe maybe not back to their their best, but some improvement. But I think they're going back.
Speaker 6: It's such a different lineup though it is. It looks so different it is.
Speaker 4: Besides besides Varady in the back line, I think they're all having very poor season. And the forwards they're no better. They're no better. There's there's a massive freeway down the middle. Which which are the Dolphins took? And Isaac what's his name? No Isaac. He's forgotten how to tackle, he's learn how to mark up. He's he's a turnstyle out there. And dylanles is no better. He must be injured. There's no doubt in my mind Dylan Dylan injured because I haven't seen him play like that ever. And the people like Casey Casey McLean the same. But not only the top line players have left. They've taken the next generation.
Speaker 1: So so.
Speaker 4: We had the Dolphins had Isaac. Now he was the understudy for for Nathan and for the Geri. But they took him and they kept not They took the top players. They took all the all the next generation. So we're going back. We're going down to kids like MacLean, which to me, he looks like this, he's one year away from being a regular the first grade, first grader. I understand why they they reluctantly played Blaze. I don't think Blaze is ready to be a panther, is he? No?
Speaker 1: They look look.
Speaker 4: I think it's just a matter of time for Blaze because we saw what he did last year. But he's like I understand now why they held him back, and the forwards are like Marshmallow, I mean very very very disappointed. And I really don't see how they're going to get out of this. I really really don't. And there's a reason I played the song at the start because I actually I'm going to call it like I don't think eight And if they do make the eighth, it will be a miracle. Unless they can go out tomorrow and turn them round.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't see it happening because I mean players like Luke Summers, I mean, I've never heard of it, Yeah, and not on me that like, if you haven't heard of it, it comes to first grade and locks it out. But he looks like he's Reggie Player. So when is when is when as Penrith graded a player. He looks like he's a Reggie player. That's what we were saying last week, George. They just can't turn him out quick, and they can't turn him out quick. It's the production line just isn't faster than Sunny.
Speaker 1: That guy Sunny they had Hooker.
Speaker 4: I think he's injured. Oh okay, I think he's injured. But who would think that Jerome and the Fish were the two key missing.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 6: I think for me, I think it was like the last two plugs holding the bucket exactly. It's everything over the last three years, the whole first grade team's been ripped out of that.
Speaker 1: They were scraping through last year poorly the whole year, and then they just held on until the end of I think it.
Speaker 6: Was just like the last piece of the puzzle type because they've lost so much talent.
Speaker 1: It's coming.
Speaker 4: Actually, text it's heartbreaking. It really is because of the decline, not because not because of the play, because they're playing bad.
Speaker 1: Or just because of the rapid decline. Heartbreaking. I like watching good rugby league.
Speaker 4: Sympathy on the on the flip, I didn't expect the Dolphins could play this well. I did not expect. I didn't think Daniel SIEFIEDI could play this well. I understanding. I think I thought we were just waiting for it the Dolphins. Yeah, look, I was hoping. T I can see Max Plaith covering Moruande this ship for sure. If it keeps on playing like he's gonna have a Morne on his back, there's no doubt in my mind. How good it to see the hammer in the open, open air, I said it againantastic. You either give him early ball and let him do his magic, or you put him on shoulders and guess what they're doing. Both Isakahwa is doing both. Herbie Herbie Farm's worth. He keeps on impressing me. He just keeps on getting better and better and better. Someone who kills me, Jacob Avarilla. It hurts used to being blue and white, you know what I mean? And your man isaa back in the form, okay, And how.
Speaker 2: Good like I think, because I know Bennett was. You know, we talked about this last year, was going back to the Rabbits. But it's so nice to see the last two weeks like Dolphins win like it's like, not not like that, because obviously Bennet's very respected, but it's also everyone was kind of like, our Dolphins aren't going to do that well, and look, you know we're in the round seven now. But it was it's nice to see like that. They don't need you know, a name to do well, you know what I mean. I love the game personally, No, it was.
Speaker 4: It was in terms of the Fins up. For me, I love seeing the Fins do well. Thirty to twelve I don't think indicated the game. I think the Finns should have scored a few more than a few more than that. That's how far away I think Penriff were. I'm dying to see Penriff this week again because I'm dying to see them back on the horse. And I'm dying to see the Fins again because I'm enjoying watching them playing Nicola. Very disappointing Penriff, and I think they're going to continue to be disappointing.
Speaker 1: And Fins are three to two one. It's about the Hammer. He got the three points, Isaiah Ktaa got the two points a half back, and Avarillo got the one point. But just with Penrith, a lot of passing man. They kept throwing the ball around, they kept losing it.
Speaker 4: I don't know why, the the mistake, the mistakes. They can't get out of the the bad ball like they used to.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 4: It was one of the one of their highlights, how quick they could get how good they can get out of their ball. And they're kicking on the halfway so all of a sudden they're attacking and the other team's coming off their line. They don't do these things anymore. Mistakes. My god, I've never seen so many mistakes. Don't worry about them any team, you know. I mean, it's it's heartbreaking. They're a mess. There are shambles. They got free way straight through the middle. They got outside the back. Outside backs can't read read a play.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't start.
Speaker 1: I don't know where to start with.
Speaker 4: I know where to start with. But the Finns made defended will at Ran. Well there they're good. They're great. Love's watching.
Speaker 6: Dragons returned to the winner circle. We did yes, eight points to six, then win over the Gold Coast talks through.
Speaker 1: It's a great win. Times were pretty disappointing and after coming from a lost expected a lot better. You know, I thought they'd come out firing, but yeah, they were terrible. The only good light shining light in that was David Fafeda. I thought he was outstanding in that game. He was really really good. No Tuno, so he took it upon himself to sort of get him forward. But the Dragons, yeah, they could only play what's in front of him, and they played Titans who were poor. There was one big turning point I found in that game where one of the Titans players didn't play the ball properly and they got penalized for it. And St. George scored three tries after that to get the twenty four to four half time and from there it was all over. But at the end of the day, I thought this was just good coaching from Flano, because I think Dezzy expected King Guthe to get a lot of the ball, but they were playing away from King Guthe. They're giving a lot of ball to Flannagan and Ilios and they did a great job going around him, and it played dividends and it was it was look for that plan to work for Flanno, he needed his halms to fire and and Elias took it on, which was really good. Vour Holmes had one of his best games for the Dragon so far. That little side step he did through was amazing. That guy's got He runs like a gazelle. He just looks so good when he runs. But the end of the day, Saint George played really well. Shout out to Dillanegan the young kid. He played seventy nine minutes and he was outstanding. This guy is our future. Top the tackle count and ran over one hundred moders, scored a try. This is his second NRL game. Kid from Geryngong. There's three of them, There's him, Hami, Stewart and Couchman, so they're our future. Great win by the Dragons, lu I think they'd for a lost now because they've had a win. But look another thing I wanted to point out last this time last year, right round six, we'd scored one hundred and six points and everyone said this year we're going to struggle to get points because we're losing Lomax and Hunt. Well, we've played one game lesson. We've scored one hundred and eighteen points. Five games, one hundred and eighteen and that's a credit to Gatho and the Spine that he's put in cook and the halves, so you know he's doing all right. He's doing all right. But it's a credits planner for getting more points for the dragons and good signs, good signs, anything else you guys want to add.
Speaker 4: Just just off the bench. That's his that's his spot. Yeah, comes along with energy when the when the heats off. He's a big body. He's he runs lines at the edges. And that's the one that's the guy who gave what homes the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: So he's a good thing. And you gave praise Julius. Elius might be the best reggie in the world's first grader.
Speaker 6: I hope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll give him more time.
Speaker 4: It's more time. But at the moment, he might. When he goes back to the reggies, he's the best rege in the world.
Speaker 1: He's not the first grade. Quiet and we had the money man back. I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: When they're winning the that's not when you're losing. Twenty eight, Nils, I was waiting. You scored the first try, nothing scored that second try. The money came out on the beach.
Speaker 6: Did you see on the bench, still on the bench, I don't understand. I'll get to it later when we talked to para game, but we were losing sixty four nil at a Castes to try and.
Speaker 1: Yes, what is that?
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 6: That's why I can't stand it?
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 6: He was celebrating, love that you're losing sixty eight Neil, what are you celebrating? Gives three to two?
Speaker 1: One was dill An. Egan got the three points, Valentine Holan's got the two, and I had to give David for Foda. He was outstanding for the Titans. He got the one point.
Speaker 6: And I'm going to turn to North of the Border and talk us through Broncos Roosters. Obviously the Brewsters, the Brewsters, the Roosters, the punky Brewsters went away from home twenty six points to sixteen over the Bronx tenure.
Speaker 1: You were there, what happened?
Speaker 2: So Reese's and Broncos games live are probably the most aggressive games to watch at some court, like just even in the crowd, like it's almost like a rich and that's uncle. The fact that the russ had like three set restarts in the first twenty minutes and Broncos had none, Like you're telling me that the Ruce has played perfectly. I aually spoke to my RSS Meat supported meet the other day and he's like, the Russ didn't win, the Broncos just lost like that. I feel like the Broncos could have won, but they were flat. I feel like the refing was really unfair and there was so many ridiculous calls when stagged. I think I was talking to the unique that Stags basically, you know, almost got crushed and then he got sent off like it was the most ridiculous how But anyway, I'm not going to go into a kids. We'll talk for another hour.
Speaker 1: Problem we're having. Wek out every game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the refing, so you're you're telling me that the Russ paid it, played a perfect game, their rock everything was perfect, so they so Broncos didn't get any none, no set restarts, and I just think Broncos are flat. But Russ shouldn't have won, but they I don't feel like they won. Broncs just lost, and in true form as we spoke about before, it just ended with a Rooster's player just doing another ship thing. That just summed up the whole whole game for me.
Speaker 6: Really hold a new thing again like going back to it, like if you watch, if you haven't yet watched the press conference with Trent Robinson, if that's not enabling, I don't know what it is. Like he's just flat out the fen. He's done nothing wrong. You know, you blokes the media creating all this. Dude, what planet are you on? But well, how about you pull them into line and say that's not how our club wants to be represented on live television. You know what I mean, that's not us.
Speaker 2: The boys are pretty upset and I was like, look, it's fine, Like it's six round, like I won. My friends were like texting me and they're like, no, it's I was like, if I'm not mad, you can't be mad. I did possibly suggest that the ref gets center off at some point? Yeah, no, I just I don't know. The Broncos are flat. I feel like the ref the calls were terrible and they shouldn't have won.
Speaker 1: Is it a bit of a concern.
Speaker 6: No, No, I'm laughing. Sorry, I'm laughing because you said the ref getting set off. I'm laughing because, as Artie would know, in soccer as a player, if you get three an accumulation of three year the cards she gets you get suspended for a match, right, Well, we're in Napoli's last game. The coach was suspended because you had three year there's a coach accumulates three Like, yeah, that's why I was laughing because I thought about that when you Yeah, anyway.
Speaker 1: As a Bronco supporter, you would be concerned a little bit with you feel like they're a bit sort of over now with the Broncos. I go in thinking they've won already without trying, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean said, it's a couple of rounds ago. And the thing is also get rid of alters Stags and while she pull your head in and read one of the books behind me that from the eighties and how to play rugby League and stop acting like you guys are awesome that you've been doing for the last two years getting and grind and stop getting involved in and stuff like for me, you know, everyone loves whal she and Stags, and I believe that when they're on, they're on. But also there's an element of even with this set, like my kids love Stags. I'm like, what has he done? Like, yes, he's a good player everything else, but don't forget he replaced Mariner, and I loved Mariner. I thought he was great. They didn't even have him on the bench. This this, this go and also let's look at other players that you know, like Arthurs, what about Willison? Like Willison will end up where Sailor is if they don't utilize him. So sorry, it's a first short answer is yes, I do. I see, I can see them more critically, I think origin it's a different story Broncos. Yeah, they just need to sort it out all over the place.
Speaker 4: Look, it's good, it's good. It's still they're still developing. It's early, and the important thing is that they've got all the equipment. All they need is just to develop this. This is this is good that it happens. Now, Yeah, it's good that happened. They've got the right coach. We've got the right coach and they've got they've got all the equipment they need. So just amount of times he's got the point three.
Speaker 1: Points went to the guy that's absolutely killing it this year and Teddy Tedesco. He had outstanding another outstanding game. And they're not winning every game, but he's the best player in the Roosters so far. Angus Crichton, Sorry, Angus Crichton got the two points and painhassles the best of the Bronx and you going.
Speaker 6: Back to that, it's been a near situation in the locker rooms after the game.
Speaker 1: He had two j T kocked me up.
Speaker 6: No, no, yeah, I was just going to say you had two JT's talking to Trent Robinson, James, Tedsco Jonathan Thursday night.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 6: So Super Saturday kicked off with the Sharks a tight one, twenty four points to eighteen over the many Seagulls.
Speaker 1: So that's what happened here. I don't know about you guys, but I found this a bit of a bludge Sharks. You said the Sharks did enough to win, all right. It was eight nil at halftime, two tries unconverted by Nico Will Kennedy gets bagged by the Shark sports but he was outstanding. He was He scored some he scored a really good try. It got this allowed five minutes. We scored another one which was allowed. Both of them off great work. But Sharks went in eight nil and then fourteen nil, and then after that it was sort of all over. I was just sort of sort of cruising. I'll just I think Sharks are doing something different this year. They're just winning games and not going out to bash the bottom eight sides. If they know they're going to win, they're just going to play through the through the game as they can and not risk an injury and get the two points and get out of there. What's that? I think so, and then put something up up their sleeve so when they get to the finals, that's when they can explain. That's what I'm hoping. It was one of Nicko Hines's best game so so far. I feel he ran, he broke a few lines and did well. It was good to see Hazelton back and Talakai oh good when they came back. They missed them, that's sure.
Speaker 6: Maybe Heines should do a few lines everywhere he should.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Yeah, look mainly came back. At one stage, I scored some tries and we thought, oh, here we go, we might get a game out of it. But then there was nothing there. Des he just sorry. DC just didn't look interested. To be honest, I had a friend of mine watching the game and he goes, What's what's happening with d C. He just doesn't look like he's in the game. I just had a bad head. I don't know what it was, but yeah, he was a bit off. They found their only good player was all the khas he was standing and maybe the fullback Leo keeps impressing, but yeah, a bit of a bludger. Cronella had it all to win the dominant from the start to finish.
Speaker 4: Teller Guy came on, changed the game. Little Blake played with a stranger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he came off. He had a bit of a groin injury, but apparently he's okay. He's playing this week. But bludger pleasure, Bludger three.
Speaker 6: Two one.
Speaker 1: Will Kennedie got the three, Nico Hines got the two, and Alaka at one point for Manly. That's me.
Speaker 6: Let's go north to the border again. The Cowboy's got a good win twenty four points to six, and the rabbits tell us what happened here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was so good. I'm trying to remember what you said last week, George. You were talking about Jackson Pergue like, he's like you always ringing wet it's so good. And then I think at the end of the game, I interviewed him and he's like, oh, it's so sweet. He's like I'm not the most talented, like you know, I don't, and he's so and I thought of you, I.
Speaker 4: Was like, that is sweetie, so magic. He's nineteen as well. He's nineteen as well, like lucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and he just oh such a sweet kid. But no, it was awesome. I I like, I quite like the game, Like it was fairly even, Like I think, you know that game will talk about next sor but when they're games that all blowouts on one side, I want one of the games you want to talk about. It just gets a little bit boring, you know, Like I like a like what you said before, George, Like I like a really decent game. So the guy was awesome obviously, perdu you know, Gi a little giant. Agree played really well and he's still top of Daily M which is awesome. But but yeah, he's so sweet and he's going to be such a great player of he is surrounded by the right people. It was just a good It was a good, decent game. Can I think all collectively, all four of us would have enjoyed it because they're not really you know, they're not our number one teams.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: What did you think of the hip job?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because What ended up happening with that was.
Speaker 4: That did they they said it was a hip job. The whole question if it's a hip drop, you.
Speaker 1: Think it was?
Speaker 6: It was they felt his leg I didn't get anything.
Speaker 1: From the issue.
Speaker 4: Is that that You can say that was the turning point too, because they got the ball and they scored a try. They scored three tries two tries after that. I mean that was through the mistakes of the Bunnies, but that was the moment that the game swung. So I personally thought it was a refereeing error which affected him emotionally. The Jason Tamal maybe not the person that he was four or five, six years ago, But let me tell you, doesn't he make some meet it?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 4: Doesn't he run that boll so hard? This uh this pack and I he got it, got taught a lesson, went back to the bench, and I think, I know something clicked. And he looks or he looks so much like a Morane jersey boy. Again, there's another kid. He's gonna he's gonna be babe with the moround again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 4: At one stage I thought that the Bunnies were going to win and win well, but full credit to the full credit to the Cows. I think it's run now in a row and they just keep on chugging, chugging along.
Speaker 1: You know what. It was hot.
Speaker 4: I think they're in a perth and I know it suited more of the Cowboys, but I think these players must be over. It must be over. How long? How long more can they play there?
Speaker 2: I am as long I don't know if I said it to you guys over the weekend. As long as two out of four Queensland teams win each week, I'm sweet the ones they are, I'm fine. But it is nice because of it, Like all, I think Dolphins and Cowboys had a bit of a rough kind of start, but and I always love like, yeah, definitely Cowboys like you know, to watch them, but also to watch like obviously Jie Gray and how that that team's developing. But that was a nice It was a really good game.
Speaker 4: Actually, Gray, I'm going to be very interesting interested because Bennett said that in four weeks he's going to put Latroll back to fullback. I don't see it, but that's what he said he's going to do, which will surprise surprise me. So anyway, I actually didn't I did was It wasn't. It wasn't one of the highlight games. I just went through the motions. But like I said, the cows, you keep on chugging along. Points pretty three points went to Jason Tomlalo. He got two hundred plus meders. He had a really good game, back to his best. The trill Mitchell got the two points, one line break, two line break assist, two tries. This was pretty busy, pretty active and potential rookie of the year. Jackson Pardue is his first year. I told you the twelve year old kid. He looks like a young kid, but he scored two great tries and yeah he could.
Speaker 1: Be potentially Rookie of the year. Is Joe Gray rookie of the year this year? Like is he a rookie this year? He played he played last so Jackson could potentially.
Speaker 4: Maybe yeah, I think he played two I think contract yeah, yeah, I think he played two games last year.
Speaker 1: Issues his rookie if he keeps for playing the way he is And there's a try who.
Speaker 4: Scored he just went straight the middle three. I mean it says more about Souths than.
Speaker 1: Geez. But his defense, like he takes people down, big guys, right, he's not scared technically.
Speaker 2: The thing is when you see that, when you see these younger kids score and you'll look at it now. But I saw in that Cowboys game like almost like the look of disbelief.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I've still got that. Yeah, yeah, lovely. It's good that. It's good to see.
Speaker 6: So before we get to the next game, I was just thinking that if you had asked me in the preseason after six rounds, Paramatta is on the same points as Penrith would have gone, yeah, yeah, yeah, funny how things concern so up in Darwin, where Paramatta have a wonderful record of losing every game they play. Uh, it's the last, it's the last camera, fifty points to twelve over the eels. What's there to say? Cambra looked great. They were energetic, they were hungry, they were first of the ball. Paramatta flat one on one defense was terrible. Defense as a whole was terrible. Tam was trying to keep me positive for this one, but it was a sink and Chip.
Speaker 2: I think to go there next time, obviously, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 6: It was as a parafan, it was, it was woeful, it was it was embarrassing to watch.
Speaker 4: It was disappointed after a good performance a week before and then they dished up this, which was the disappointing thing. I mean, Hudson Young was extremely.
Speaker 6: The one on one miss tackles. They're very, very very simple one.
Speaker 4: Skills the course skills that last week. No, they impressed last week, which which I thought, just give it a go. They didn't give it a go. Maybe it was hot, maybe it was really hot.
Speaker 6: It was hot for both teams, especially for the team who comes from Canberra trying to suburbs. I'm trying to find wasn't you I mean, no, should he be? I mean he said they gave up. The players gave up. They gave it's it's it's I think it's worse than back to square one. They're going backwards. I'm not sure what happens this week. Apparently Moses back, but I don't see how much of the difference that don't make.
Speaker 4: It's a big it's huge.
Speaker 1: Just the kicking optimistic.
Speaker 2: It's just really overwhelming me.
Speaker 8: Nick.
Speaker 6: It's hard to be optimistic. I know you're trying to pump me up on Saturday night, but I just couldn't. I couldn't get there. It's hard to be optimistic when you're watching this stuff unfold in front of your eyes. There's there's it's horrible to watch. There's nothing. I've got nothing positive to say about Power at all from that game. I don't know, you guys tripped me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: I think camber is a team that if you're off your game, they're going to score points. They're a good team. I rack the rap, all right, but it was just it was.
Speaker 6: Like they were so much better just through hunger, Yeah, attitude stuff.
Speaker 4: That's like if I see my team and they're giving it a go and they lose all they gave no problem like I do. I don't have a problem with last last Saturday night, and I watched it with this one last Sunday night. It seemed after fifteen twenty it was horrible to watch. It seemed like they dropped off. We mentioned there was the heat and how.
Speaker 6: Many like if you look in the first ten to fifteen minutes, how many stupid penalties they give away errors, school boys Sunday morning stuff. Yeah, I don't have any policies to say about it. Credit to Cambra. That was great. Ricky Stewart again his press conference takes a swipe at Manly the jam Yeah for the Jamal, he hasn't not going to bullshit anyone, you know. Manly came out and said, we haven't. We haven't been like we've We've been upfront with everything, you know, we haven't. Ricky Stewarts just being Ricky Stewart. He needs to create an enemy. He needs to create an enemy every week out of someone. He couldn't do it out of power and he couldn't do it out of the ref. So he had to pick Manly because they want to sign a player who Canberra are willing to let go, even though Ricky Sewer said, I want to keep him, but the club's already told him you can go. So explain that one of the.
Speaker 2: Game when I spoke about he keeps people talking about him.
Speaker 6: He needs to create, he needs he really loves them. He needs to fabricate some sort of enemy for himself. Yeah, so he's always the victim. Yeah, we saw him the week before out of Paramount had Actually I got to share you I haven't shared I will. Yeah, can you give us the three two ones on this one?
Speaker 1: Three two one? Hudson Young got the three points. Joseph Tappaney got the two. He's been playing World two this year. And Ethan's strange. He got the one point for the Raiders. Hasn't he been good? Ethan Strange, very good junior as well.
Speaker 4: I think I think this came this camera to him. Some individuals like like smedi is like that. What's like the english kid which is just developing, Nichols. Nichols, he's just developing, but he's looking as a good long term yeah prospect.
Speaker 1: And you can find a good Englishman, can't they. They had Elliott Whitehead, they got Bateman, they got the hooker at the half back whatever his name was mentioned.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if he if he's not, if he's not, he's second best.
Speaker 4: Front rower in the game after Pain. I don't know who is. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Melburn storm forty two points to fourteen over the Warriors. George Braces one down for us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not much to break down. You know, you know a lot of teams at this time of the year are searching for the identity. It's really funny that they had it last year. They had their identity, they have their offseason, they come back and it's lost a bit. So they've got to work hard to find it again, or like the Broncos are developing into who they're going to be by the end of the year. No such luck with this Melbourne Storm team Nicola. They know exactly who they are, they know exactly what they want to do, exactly how they're going to do it. And did they do it on Sunday? Did they do it outstanding? I thought this was going to be seventy new at one stage, they unfortunately took their foot off the the pedal. What a big difference Jerone Hughes makes. I didn't expect that much of a difference that he makes, but you know what, everything just flies around him. I really felt for the Warriors so much because they haven't sort of really played against a team which, as I call it John Creas's dark arts around the ruck. When the when Melbourne starts doing their their their their their rucks, rolling that ruck, turning the player over, they just lost it. They just when the minute they lost the ruck and Jerene Hughes was darting out and and Pat was coming into the line, and how good is how yes good just keeps on developing, developing, and he's he struck a chord with monster this this forward you know what Stefano YouTube? What his name is, Big Stephano. Anyway, at West I thought it was one top of a forward. He comes here and he completely changes the way he plays. But he's right for this Melbourne team. So so John Creese has made him exactly what he wants to get out of him. Okay basically and dirty ballman, you know what I mean. Amazing, he's he's he's an outstanding coach. This team again knows exactly who they are and they're the They're they're the team to be there, no doubt in my mind, they're the team to beat. What is I feel for him the minute of Fisher Harris went off, and not that he was going to make a difference in terms of winning the game, but that that authority in the middle once he was doing.
Speaker 1: How long he is out for?
Speaker 4: He's gone, His eyes are sorry, his peck I think he's torn his peck. It might be six weeks. He's actually ripped the fish. He's ripped his peg. He's talking about taking a week or two off and strapping it up and plane. Look, he probably could. I wouldn't do it, but he's a psycho. He's a fish and and still at the second. I don't know how he's going to do it. I don't know, but he records he's having a mitt not him, the staff, maybe the staff at I think Bob look look, Luke metcalf And and Tabia Harris looked at they showed something, they showed glimpses. But look on the day they just got out plate in every way. How bad his Coldsad's injury you know, no, no, he got taken off his eyes. Well but they just they just got burned every way. And this Melbourne's film. They're a pleasure to watch, pleasure to watch there. Like I said, they're the team, they're the team to beat.
Speaker 1: Three two one went to three went to Harry Grant. Two points went to aber Coats. He had an outstanding game out.
Speaker 4: I mentioned he's he's going to have green on him. Don't worry about the Range's gonna have green on him.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Ryan pap Now that's the best spine you'll see in the inn of them. That's it's unbeatable.
Speaker 6: Closing out the round was Newcastle Knights at Home went down twenty points to four over Sorry to the Tigers and for me watching this one on Sunday was very similar to watching the Eels the night before Newcastle. I mean the Tigers did what they weren't great, right, they made a lot of errors, but Newcastle would diabolical at home in front of what looked like I sold our crowd pretty close to it. Just the number of miss there was. Tigers scored an early try I think I'm not sure it was the first or second try. Bradman best is one on one defense. Did you see that where he was just grabbing an air? I mean that that's telling that guy's not playing for New South Wales with that kind of form, right what they that's at the start of the game. So again with me, it's like power, I'm gonna ask the question, what's going on?
Speaker 4: I don't know there's something going on there. I don't know what's going on with this roster. They should be doing much better now. The Fletcher sharp thing as we go on and he doesn't create, he runs is telling.
Speaker 6: It's worth noting. I had a hell of a lot of talent on the sideline they did. There is injury.
Speaker 4: There is there is injuries, but not enough to give this top of performance.
Speaker 6: They tell yous did what they had to do. They just they weren't great.
Speaker 4: They weren't great, they were great. I thought Newcastle played better against the Dogs on that Sunday Sunday night, but our very nights were very disappointing. They don't deserve that they're a better team. They should be a better team on paper. They don't even you know what. I feel so sorry for Kaitlin. He tries so hard. All you have to do is give him early ball. I keep on saying it on shoulders. Can't they can't even do that because Flincher Sharp isn't a ball player.
Speaker 1: I just feel so sorry for his first receiver, second receiver. Everything.
Speaker 6: The number of handling errors, the number of unforced errors.
Speaker 4: For both teams, but for Newcastle dog boll they couldn't. At one stage, they're trying to get out of their dirty ball. They kept on dropping dropping every second second tackle, first second tackle, West would get it wouldn't score. So the Knights get back, They're going to cut it out, drop it, drop it again, like please take please. You know what it's like like standing there and someone putting the gun to your head. They shoot me, please shoot me? Now that's what ms ol Tigers died shot shot anyway. Jurine Buller is going to be special. Yeah, he's building something there. They're building something, but it doesn't be.
Speaker 1: Part of it. That's fine, you know it's free. But you know what's freaking about? The Knights only scored two tries in four weeks. They've had a buye between in the four weeks, but still two tries in four in four weeks. That's pretty bad. Maybe Buck, the horse from the Bronco, should give it to the Knights. Buck should get a new Castle and bucking beauty again next week.
Speaker 7: One of the.
Speaker 1: That's it already.
Speaker 6: Give us the points on this bludder of the round. This was a bludger.
Speaker 1: The bludder of the round we've got. Terrell May got three points. Isn't he proven to be by the season? Jerine Buller two points and Stafford Tower. Even though he got into a bit of a stink with a gag guy, he got the one point. He played pretty well at the center.
Speaker 4: Walks and diamonds. Diamonds.
Speaker 1: He's good, Yeah, that's true. But he had a diamonds game that was pretty good and.
Speaker 6: The Bulldogs had the bye. George undefeated after six rounds.
Speaker 1: Two points, more points and streak continues.
Speaker 6: Are do you take it through crystal ball? The crystal ball?
Speaker 1: Okay, So this week we've got our Easter weekend, so we've got a few games. Love it. How quick did that come round? Wow? So our first game, which will be on Thursday night, will be the Seagulls up against the Dragons up at four pints. Saint George continued to the yoyo form one win, one lost, one win, so we do for a loss now they've won the last four, only won one of the last seven at four points, so they were good ship there. Money Man's out for the Dragons, fear and I has come in. Jason Saab's gone, and the matchup for there would probably be Old Versu Jayd and Suar. I think those two are pretty evenly matched. Who are you liking in this one?
Speaker 6: I'm going I'm going mainly just based on the fact that they're at home again how many weeks in a row, and manly at home.
Speaker 4: Forever, although they played away with this last week there forever. Guys, you know, what, are they unsettled? Because the DC thing are they? Do you think they're unsettled?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Well to bory Vich is I'm back. He's still out, Tommy is still out.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm going I'm going to have a guard feeling. I'm going to say they're unsettled, and I'm gonna I'm gonna assume the Flanno's and a siege mentality thing on the dragons, grab hid and run. I'm going to go dragons. I'm going to go dragons on the strength of their strength of their experience.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, what about you, I'll go dragons dragons. Okay, so Nick, you're the only one that's gone. Mainly I'm going to get the dragons as well. Good Friday, We've got four o'clock kickoff at a Corps Bulldogs up against the rabbit O's. Will be good for good Friday for Rabbits or a good Friday for the dogs for this one. Expecting a seventy k seventy thousand crowd. Seventy thousand people apparently there were.
Speaker 6: So they're giving away four or five thousand tickets for ten dollars each.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some pretty good. Yeah, which is good good good to me.
Speaker 6: Get the families in absolutely, I've always said, like forever, kids under ten should be free exactly because you're going to make money on chips and drinks and stuff.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you'll yeah, you'll make more to much stuff. I've got my kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah money anyway, we were growing up to you. If you played for a junior club and you had this card, you'd get living for free any ground. So that's that's the way it should be now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, sure, but rules rule I think for me, the Bulldogs in this one, sure, seventy thousand tip against them, Yeah, seventy thousand people are.
Speaker 1: Let me just give you a couple of stats, mate, the Rabbit.
Speaker 6: Say in other words, in other words, Kimber will be there.
Speaker 1: That's it. Just a couple of quick sets. Rabbitas of one of the last have won the last six Good Friday games, and the Bulldogs will quie one try to hit a thousand at equal Wow. Now we've got Harry hayeses out, but we've got Burton kick out and took Manure back from suspension. So the Bulldogs are going to be full on strength and sous. They're looking at getting Campbell, Graham, Cody Walker and Lewis Dodd's been named on interchange and Shuster, remember Shuster. Yeah, man in reserves. They've got him named in reserves. Sullivan and Alex Johnson are out. Harry hayeses out for the Bulldogs. Yeah, columb Tungi versus Preston. I think that's going to be a cracker. Are you going? You know what? Nick's gone the Dogs?
Speaker 4: Yep, yeah, yeah, seventy thousand. I think this style of aggression, this style of defense, South has have a face that Look, if if Littrell decides to to tear us apart, that's the only thing that will sway me. But I don't think Littll will tear anyone apart. I think Dogs will win and by the end, when will.
Speaker 1: Fair enough? Mate, Well, look at Easter, So I'm going the Easter bunny because there's no Easter dog. Yeah, I'm going to get the bunnies.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I think they've got a good site and I think their back line is really good with soul.
Speaker 4: I think that they've been involved in a few bludges. Yeah that, I think the points that they're on. Mind you that, and mind you, super coach can get you off one game. So that's what scares me. Yea super coach can get you off game. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I just thought the fact that Latrell and Cody are back together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: I like how supportive Latrell was of Gi in the game last week, like visibly supportive, like putting some rounded him and like really prop them because it would have been a bit awkward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, they're an underestimated team. So they've got a lot of strike Campbell, Latrell, White and Joe Gray. It's a very good team. Like people forget about how good their backline. But anyway, it's gonna be a good test.
Speaker 6: The only thing for me is that the only kind of what George always says, never underestimated Wayne Bennett coach. I can't see the Dogs losing, especially the home crowd, everything, everything, all the momentum is with the Dogs. But super coach will just have something you would think. You know, it won't be easy, right, it won't be an easy win.
Speaker 4: Wayne's Waynes conjured something up, No doubt they've been trying.
Speaker 2: Like we say, he's a great coach, but Dolphins didn't have a great run under him.
Speaker 6: Of course never did Newcastle when he was there. Yeah that was a long time.
Speaker 1: We got a boy. Yeah, but I'm going the Dogs on that one. Yeah, following that game in Friday evening is Dolphins and Storm. It's not a game that we're going to be rushing home from there, but duff you to watch. That's a nice thing. I'll be church no mana jerking. It's going to be a cracking game this one. Dolphins up against the Storm. Dolphins were the premiers last week and this week they're playing the runners up Storm, so they can knock off these two. It's pretty good for the Dolphins now throughout the last for it at sun Corp and Josh Kirk makes his one hundredth appearance.
Speaker 6: We're going to get We're going to get footage of that two GB.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, he says.
Speaker 6: The team that isn't playing playing, Yeah, what's a bit hard? Next week I'll find it. Yeah, okay, next week. That's gold.
Speaker 1: Both both teams are as is the only thing Jerome who's came off second half last week, but he's fine. He was arrested. I think he wasn't he was arrested. Yeah, they took him off, but he's playing. He's been named.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Dolphins have got Francis Smolo, Junior Tupo and Kenneth Bromwich. But they're only named on reserve, so they haven't been named. So teams are more or less as is the Hammer up against Papenhaus and think it'll be good and Marshall King with Grant. I think they're key.
Speaker 6: There's a new injury that's surfaced in the game as well, hamstring tightness. Have you noticed that everyone's getting hamstring tightness? Now have you guys noticed that over the last few weeks, Not hamstring pool or tear, it's tightness. My hamstrings tight.
Speaker 4: Might see down there, there's there's only one result here. Unfortunately, I love the Fins.
Speaker 2: Put me down for Dolphins are because last week when you went on, they were like Dolphins Panthers. Surely Panthers won't lose. I'll put my hand up for Dolphins.
Speaker 4: What I saw last week, no one could be at the moment, No one.
Speaker 1: Except for one team who is the Dragon's been them two weeks. It doesn't matter. We're still beating. I'll take it. I would take it. Yep. So we've all gone the storm except for Tanure who's gone the Dolphins. Good on you, that's a good one. That's I reckon. You've got a good chance here. You never know.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Super Saturday is the Warriors up against the Broncos, both teams coming off losses. Pompey would be playing his hundredth game and Broncos are one of the three of the last four in New Zealand. Clock stad Fisher, Harris, Rocko Berry out Man Cossi is in for Berry to Picky goes in at fullback, Caple goes to the centers. Jackson Ford front row man, is a small player to play front row for the Fish. So they're they're changes. But I had to put this one in for you. Nick Morgan Harper, who's.
Speaker 6: You played for?
Speaker 8: Warrnaged him in the reserves. I doubt he will play, but went I just wanted to say Jack got Jack Siwski whatever. Gouski has been out for the Broncos and Jordan Ricky is back. Yeah, Jordan ricks all the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just the Authurs got downgraded, so he's h I A two so he can play this week Fish initially.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look after you know how much all like you and Broncos after last week's Broncos, Yeah, after last week lost, they would have a Rocker rocking up the backsides this week, so they.
Speaker 1: Went, yeah, now the next game, we've all gone the Broncos for this one looks like it's a pretty straight one. Roosters are up against the Panthers. Now, the Roosters have played the Panthers and the Broncos twice, so that's out of four games in seven rounds.
Speaker 6: That's crazy laughing about this one because when the joke the last time these two played, the whole narrative was the Roosters, what are phenomenal, but parents are still on two points?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: It wasn't that big of a win when you look back on it now, was it? Rights are still on two points?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 6: I'll go I'll go the Roosters on this one because they look good and.
Speaker 1: Well, Melbourne just beat the Remember Penis came back can nearly beat Melbourne and then Roosters came back and beat him.
Speaker 6: Do you remember all the hoopla about James Desco the greatest win in the club's history or in my career. I can't remember which one. He said, Penris are still on two points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Ruces were all juniors too, They had a lot.
Speaker 6: Of youngsters playing. Parish are still on two points?
Speaker 1: Were they were.
Speaker 6: Billy Smith, I'm going I'm going to Chucks.
Speaker 1: You're going to the Chucks. Billy Smith suspended is out and quantas the guy in quant to see whatever his name is, he came back in. So Mitch Kenny is back in.
Speaker 4: Man been the favorite sportspit how I don't know.
Speaker 1: M you know what?
Speaker 4: Only that Penrith.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: I don't know why because I'm silly.
Speaker 1: You're going Penrith. Okay, it's a tough one. Actually, I'm going to go Penrith as well. Actually, George, the next one is tougher. Yeah. The next one is the Titans up against the Raiders. Ricky versus DESI did these cards meet the Grand Final? Reckon did? When Cambra played the Raiders in eighty seven? Were they both playing?
Speaker 6: Uh well, wait a second, Wait a second. When Camebra played the Raiders, camera played mainly has was the mainly halfback? And was and Ricky was the camera?
Speaker 8: It was?
Speaker 6: And who was the camera? Fire eight?
Speaker 1: George?
Speaker 6: It wasn't Daily, wasn't it Sullivan? Yeahd was?
Speaker 1: Well, Titans have lost three of the last fourth, but the record isn't that good? And Raiders won nine at the last ten against Titans.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: By the way, the last Grand Final ever held at the s c G it was Yeah, eighty eight was the first one of the s f s.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was dogs.
Speaker 6: Come on, guys, you should know this better than me. Uh, I'll never challenge you.
Speaker 1: Ten is back for this one. Yeah, the two, the two famous Yes, I love the boys are back, the brothers and Isaac's brother and O J Fafa he's back. Firmer goes back to the second row and Sammy into the centers.
Speaker 6: I think have made Camberra look good. I think the Gold Coast will get this one up at Sea Bus.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're gaining Titans, Tana Titans. I'm going Raiders, Georgie.
Speaker 2: Oh, I you know what.
Speaker 4: I want to believe in the so much. I don't know what he's doing. I don't know. I can't understand his patterns. I don't understand. I'm going to go Cambra because I know what they do.
Speaker 1: I'm going Canberra as well. So we've got two each. There were split down the middle there, which is good Titans and tight game.
Speaker 4: I actually wish that the Titans win and I see a certain type of pattern, so I understand what I still haven't understood. There's hair brain idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sunday, we've got the one game we've got Knights up against the Sharks. Will the Knights to be able to score more than to try this week nights? You know, the Knights have got the second best defensive records. I believe that even that they can't score? Uh tan, Yeah, yeah Sharks.
Speaker 4: Did you watch them last week?
Speaker 2: I took the Tigers that game. But that's pretty even in terms of starts and the boys that are playing and who's in and stuff. But yeah, I just you're.
Speaker 1: Feeling Aladdin has been named even tho they came off with a groin injury.
Speaker 4: We surprised.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm surprised if he plays, but he's been named, which is interesting. Tyson gambles back at the Sledger, King Sledger. So they've got a half back this week. It's different halves. Who's half who's playing half gamble gambles of the halves. It's still there. But still yeah Cornel Coronella or gone Corneller No oh you're going?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry okay, And now Monday is Super Monday game. We've got the West Tigers and the Eels. Last year was a little spoon bowl, wasn't it. But this year we've got the West Tigers were in the eighth and the Eels down the bottom.
Speaker 6: Who won the last season the Tigers won with the field goal, right, yeah, right at the end. They know, sorry, missed an easy conversion. He could have won it after the whistle. Yeah, well he's like the third choice goalkicker. But yeah, but you know what, and I could be wrong. Told me the stats. I don't think the Tigers have ever beaten the Eels with Yeah, probably not. They've only ever been in without. Let's not forget the sixty points to whatever it was last game of the last year. I just thought of bring that up. Hard for me to tip the Heels on this one. But if Moses really is I want to I'm going to throw Hail Mary and gave.
Speaker 2: Yeah he is playing, and I'm going for power.
Speaker 6: He's been named. I don't know if he's gonna play. I'm going to throw Hew Mary anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, Skelton and Galvin are out.
Speaker 1: Skelters out Dew. He's moved to half. You've got Mitch. Moses Simmonson has been named on the bench on the wing. Jack Williams is back for the Tiger. For the Eels there as well, off and off and gowy off hang GOWI and dropped Lane dropped. Madison's on the bench. How can he have import him? Know he isn't playing, but Lane has been terrible. Actually, Madison's in the reserves.
Speaker 4: Terrible.
Speaker 1: We won't play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was terrible last week.
Speaker 1: They were all terrible last week.
Speaker 4: I expect to expect PARAMOUNTA to to play much better, to lift home home ground home people. And I think it's the West home game this want.
Speaker 1: I think West same game. Ye, come back man, they record, there's good. They're one of the last three. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look against the Eels A I'm going to go reluctantly three deplete. Yeah, I'm going to go reluctantly Tigers. But dropping Luck he's a mistake. We'll see, that's my opinion.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 6: And I think I'm going to tip.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys was a bit to buy. Yeah, I think the heat. Yeah, you're right, you're right, thanks for that.
Speaker 6: Can you give us you weren't here last week, so you've got all the away teams because you didn't give us any tips? Next tip next week? You do you want to give us a.
Speaker 1: Wrap up on last week? Yeah, I'll give it.
Speaker 4: Next week and you start giving us power rankings, power rankings, yeah sure, power rankings, no problem, and you're not going to.
Speaker 1: Already all right now, I wasn't here last week and we had the Challenge Cup. So semi five did you do them?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, because I didn't get to the end of the pot. I'm still listening to it. Uh So we've got Challenge Cup quarterfinal. Warrington Wolves beats in Helen's twenty to twelve, FC sixteen whole, Kingston Rovers thirty two Battle of the two whole teams, Catalan beat the South of Devils twenty to twelve and Trinity lost went down to the ugliest jerseys in the world Lee Leopards twelve to twenty. So the quarterfinals, which will be played in May tenth of May is Gatalan Dragons versus Hull and on the twelfth it's the Warrington Wolves versus the ugliest jerseys in the world, the Lee Leopards. Now the results for the week that just passed, This is interesting, right, We've got the South of Devil's nil, Leeds Rhinos, Brad Arthur's team twenty eight.
Speaker 4: They're doing very well.
Speaker 1: St Helen's twenty six, Wakefield Trinity fourteen, Hole Kingston Rovers twelve, the Wigan Warriors twenty eight, then coming back Warrington Wolves sixteen, Whole FC twenty eight. Ex Sam's team went down Castleford Tigers six, the Lee Leopards. We have to say it all the time again. Jersey in the world on twenty are and Addasville Giants eighteen, Catalan thirty eight, which leaves Hull Kingston Rovers on twelve. Interesting table, isn't it. Hul Kingston Rovers on twelve, on eleven, and then Wigan and Saint Helen's on ten. That's the top four. Lee Leopards augs Jersey's on nine, so a change in. It's very close. A three points separates first and very very quickly I got.
Speaker 4: The information about and a real buying the Super League. I told Nicola off camera the Feathers or the Land wants to buy super League. Thirty percent stake of super League. They run it and I will runs it. Not negotiable, not negotiable. It's going to be a ten team competition, eight English teams, two French teams, so they develop Europe every team will have a sister club in Australia.
Speaker 1: In ten or ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, no, wait a minute, they have the NRL teams have to send send coaches and development staff to do a pairent of style recruiting sort of thing. Okay, they want the Super League to be feeder a feeder clubs for the NRL.
Speaker 2: Did we talk about this on air last week or before?
Speaker 4: We talked about a couple of weeks ago. But this is the official. This is the official.
Speaker 6: This is I started understand how someone can purchase a thirty three percent steak and assume total control because they're on their knees. So it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: They're on their knees. So what they What he wants to do is the television duals are coming up in two years. Okay. He wants to build it up. He wants to get good, good dollars for it. He wants to give it back to It's going to cost the money. It's going to cost the nr OL money. It's they're not going to make any money out of this. What he what he wants to do is develop the international game. Okay, and he wants he wants simply to be a feeder for the NRL. That's what he actually wants.
Speaker 1: Can st Helen's were the food for Saint George because they were the same Jersey red v They don't have to just so Helen's. So Hell's got the best youth system in the.
Speaker 4: In the country. But that's that's a simper league. And look if they agree, which you know what, they're going to agree because they're on their knees. They've got nothing there. They're nearly ready to just fall over. They've got nothing. Yeah, that's how bad they are, this closing falling over. So they believe that n RAL will be their savior. I believe the Lands will be their savior. But the issue is this, he'll get the big deal, he'll fix the he'll fix the get the big deal, and then he's going to give it back to them. Guess what they're going to do it they're going to crash it. Yeah, they're going to crash. But anyway, maybe they're not anyway, move on. Yeah, endply won three this morning over the ten for player in profile this week.
Speaker 1: Please, Oh you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna love this. George, So he was out with it around two. Campierre and I did talk about him a.
Speaker 1: Lot last year to Pier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so he my player interview. So he was born in New South Wales.
Speaker 4: Of course, of course, of course he was of course to the Gold.
Speaker 2: Coast when he was nine.
Speaker 1: Just made it.
Speaker 2: Background Samoe and Mary Pakistani and Indigenous Australians.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he played for Indigenous Journal against I think as Mary or twin last year or something. He was a first Titan's player to score more than twenty tries in the season. He's played forty five games and scored forty six tries. He's back in round eight and he's yeah, he's so. I've obviously leading into you know, the seasons, you know, coming back then off and back again. But once he is back in and then Tino as well, together, it's gonna be so good. But he debuted in twenty nineteen. He got the Prime Minister's was it the thirteen against Paper New Guinea. He is eligible for Queensland State of ur ages.
Speaker 4: He's very good, very very very good.
Speaker 2: One of the contenders. But also like obviously now you guys would you know know the style I guess of what I like him players, but just super humble workhorse. You don't hear it like I think when I was talking to you guys about it last week, last year or some one else, and I was like, can't Pierre scores a try every game and imagine being and in his first season he broke a record. What an absolute unit. But he is back next week, not this week.
Speaker 1: It scripted. He's Queensland because if it was just South Wales wouldn't get picked because he scores too many tries for New South Wales. Do you know what his junior club was, Burly Bears.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so on the Gold Coast that you guys would have I don't know if you would have heard of it, but Keepra Park. So he went to Keepra Parks and keep it parks. Basically at Beta it should be for tigers, but it's actually feeder for a lot of the clubs. But pretty much Burley is pretty clever. They come along and scooped them up fairly quickly. But yeah, he's just he's just brilliant. He's like one of my favorite players to watch and he's just going to be He's awesome. Like he's similar to I guess like Perdue and and Jai Gray where they don't have any controversy out there in the media, they just kind of do their thing. And then you because I've been missing watching him play because he's such a standout, right, but he's Yeah, he's just brilliant.
Speaker 4: What what what will remind me again? He's injured?
Speaker 2: What did you come round? Two? Was it a hamstring?
Speaker 1: Hamstring tightness? How many years you've been in the n now?
Speaker 5: This is? This is three?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But yeah, he And then I think last year he's scored I think twenty three. It wouldn't have been twenty three, but definitely his first year.
Speaker 4: You can't love last year? No good one, too good one, loved it.
Speaker 2: He. I won't keep bringing out New South Wales a lot.
Speaker 1: Next week can you do it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: Actually next I was planning on doing the yeah poor carriage, remember from.
Speaker 4: Can You Do It?
Speaker 1: Can you do you do one? From it? No? No, no, an old Bronco like. I don't know Windle, I don't know in that team, in that team or one of your favorites.
Speaker 6: I don't know one of your favorites in that team, Windle, Sailor, poor half, Michael Hancoff, Mark Hone, Trevor Gilmy. Yes, what a team? What a what a team? Kevy Talas actually that was before Talass was later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually, like justin.
Speaker 4: That was.
Speaker 6: I'm talking ninety two ninety three. I'm talking that team poor half.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we found with the Pearl.
Speaker 6: Steve Renolf, which one of the best centers I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I like mat.
Speaker 2: I met him last year and I didn't realize it was him. It was before the Origin game because I was chatting with him with everyone. Yeah, it's like you know, talking to those money bow It was the name Mate that pulled me up the following month because I went to a networking event and he's like, you're talking to the mayor of Toumber and I'm like, am I And he's like ten. I'm like, I don't like to think about people like that. It was very lovely.
Speaker 1: So lovely is lovely.
Speaker 6: That's the way, and that's it. Have anything ask for us, I have got something else.
Speaker 4: I was listening to SCN and they brought up a season and a servants in George team. So I went back scurring, scurrying and having a look. And I'm going to bring back for one week, going only a year in review. Oh, it's nineteen fifty nine, fifty nine, fifty nine and Nicole. That was a ten ten competition. That's the number we won anyway, and let's get real, we know we know who won the comp that year Minor Premiers was Saint George. Was there're six straight and of course they won the competition six straight.
Speaker 1: There was a six because we won fifty six to sixty six? Fifty six? Was it says six straight?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what it said.
Speaker 4: How would you pray place.
Speaker 1: It fourth because we won from fifty six to sixty six.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, there's fourth.
Speaker 1: I got it wrong. It doesn't matter. Well, wrong their way, on their way.
Speaker 4: That year, Kenny Irvine was top try scorer Nicola with nineteen. Now this is what I found interesting. So George were undefeated at Nicola. They won nineteen from twenty. The only game they drew was against Balmain, and Balmain came the bottom of the table that year. Wow, they they scored forty points six times. They averaged six point thirty points, four and ten points. Again. A few players debuted that year. You might notice some of these players, a guy called Regg Gaznia and another guy called Johnny Raper and Nicola, they debuted. All the youngsters. Tell us about Aaron Raper, his son state of origin. Aaron didn't didn't play, sat on the bench, is the only one I know. Yeah, Tommy Thomas was a courage. The Top four, which was the top four system back then. Nicola Saint George were on thirty five and undefeated West were the second team twenty seven, Manly twenty two, Newtown twenty and the team that beat or drew against Usat George was seventh with thirteen points. So in the in the semifinals, Nicola Saints defeated West and they all straight In the Grand Final, they defeated West thirty five twenty five and they just went straight to the GF mainly defeated Newtown seventeen to six, and the next week a boilover. Nicola mainly defeated West fourteen thirteen, which.
Speaker 1: Was wow, which was a boilover. Yeah.
Speaker 4: That week Grand Final week, Nicole, there was rumors that Rex Mossip had a broken cheek bat and the rooms were flying around. Uh So some of the forwards, specifically Harry Bath in the Grand Final, took it upon themselves to.
Speaker 1: Check to test the cheek babes.
Speaker 4: They took, they took an exception and they tested the cheeck babe, I remember babes.
Speaker 1: Yes, George, by that time, the St. George, the St. George Pack was just completely rolling, steamrolling.
Speaker 4: The manly pack. Nicola in frustration, Rex Mossip after bath again testing his cheek bone. Barth was lying on the floor. So Rex mossif decides to stomp on on Harry Barth's head. Look from that, a big oil in broad starts and the referee law Lawla sends sends both of them off, which was unusual back back then because I would you know they'll send off. But anyway, uh and then but look by that time, uh, non private norm Provence Saint George pack just just steamrolled them and they won twenty twenty nil. But the what what I found interesting that they had unblemish season. They decide the draw which on how and drew against them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the undefeated undefeated season underf season anytime any yeah, any undefeated undefeated Yeah yeah, I didn't know.
Speaker 6: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: It only happened once.
Speaker 6: Yeah, awesome, So that's what George.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so, yeah, I don't think. So we'll see how we.
Speaker 4: Gos and t a couple of weeks we're playing the Brisbane on the Thursday night. I guess where some corp and we'll see how we go there, because I'm sure Brisbane will be ready for the bulldogs. D is that it's in two weeks of my phone? It's in a couple of weeks. I wish I could get up there actually before the Thursday about it. If it wasn't a Thursday too, I would fly, I would fly up there. No, it's the twenty fourth eight, So next week next week, it's next week.
Speaker 1: Twenty fourth Yeah, next week, that night before April Antac Day on holidays next week, Well, there you go.
Speaker 4: You go if you jump on the plane.
Speaker 6: I've got the.
Speaker 4: Tea the teas of song, so sorry to you can't you can't hear him, but I've got two because I remember listening to this one in well actually I did, didn't have his Cortina yet. I remember swapping cassette cassette singles, remember.
Speaker 1: The cassette said cat single.
Speaker 4: I remember I remember swapping the cast singles with Fudding and I was wondering if he remembers it. And and Nicole maybe you know, maybe you know, maybe you know it was a massive hit, give us a massive hit and by the way, I got one after specifically for you, specifically for you, Okay, And that was the boy Wonders. Sorry, sorry, you got you got the you got? You're the first one?
Speaker 1: Did you like it?
Speaker 4: It's funny. Let's let's say if I can remember this one.
Speaker 6: Was George, I'm going to follow my let's sound like careless whisper.
Speaker 1: I'm going to follow my heart. You got it? You're right. Yeah, I don't know the name of the song. It sounds like careless whisper. I'm going, yeah, it's that's up.
Speaker 4: My heart, my heart?
Speaker 1: Remember who by.
Speaker 6: No quarter flash?
Speaker 1: It's such a quarter flash.
Speaker 6: Yeah, quick snippets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's something like this. Are you gonna play that at the end. That's a great song.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 1: I love the saxophone.
Speaker 6: It's a great I really before my time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was eighty it saxophone beautiful.
Speaker 4: I got one from the here we go, I've got now. I'm expecting Nicolota to even before I sit back in my seat.
Speaker 6: It's a one second snippet. How am I possibly supposed to get it?
Speaker 1: You'll be surprised.
Speaker 5: Let's see, really, ah again, it's half a second. No, I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Is the kids do it again.
Speaker 4: I got it man, h it's too quick.
Speaker 1: I looked from the eighties.
Speaker 6: That's from look it Up. Yeah, okay, I'm picking seventies. Yeah, that's from Linking Up eighty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's a song called.
Speaker 6: Not for the Innocent. I'm not for the Yeah. But how you can't tell me you need that song from this? Of course not. They don't either, if you ask Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley. It's never been played live. That is like, I would never have been able to pick me. I'm thinking, I'm thinking Destroyer love Gun, I'm thinking rock and roll Over. I never would have picked me again.
Speaker 4: The only reason I would play this is I think it's a record that.
Speaker 6: Anything he's listening to, it's a great song. You look it up. He likes the album first album without makeup. They took the makeup of three. Really likes the album. He liked the album so first Not for the Innocent. It wasn't a hit, wasn't it. The album wasn't hit. No, the album was. That's not that song, but that wasn't a single.
Speaker 1: Look it up?
Speaker 6: Yes, that's what I told him, And all hell was breaking loose. He was Hell's break and he didn't. He didn't know what what was the single? He just liked not that's a good song. But I never would have picked out the million years was picked all night?
Speaker 1: What pick pick?
Speaker 6: I'll pick a one from the seventies next week, and let's put the X back in the sex.
Speaker 4: Let's put what was that from?
Speaker 6: That's a trick question. He didn't come off on an album, a compilation album which lashes, thrashes and hits. It didn't come off studio album. It was like a life too. We four studio tracks on the.
Speaker 4: End of it was it, Yeah, I'm going to go and I can't believe you've got it straight away out of my heart?
Speaker 1: Great track?
Speaker 6: Can I just say one more thing before we before we lower the curtain? Next week is episode one hundred?
Speaker 1: Is the next week?
Speaker 4: At least the week all?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: After it's the weekends?
Speaker 6: Maybe is there any depending on everyone else, can we maybe do Wednesday night next week or not?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Because I want to get a cake made up and Tuesday probably won't be enough time. Monday's a public holiday, Friday's a public holiday.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, Yeah, I'll be here around here, you know, we can.
Speaker 6: I'll get a cake made up with hundred Mondays holiday. Yeah done. It will take me a day to get over the lost. At least if I got Tuesday.
Speaker 2: You know what they're looking at it. There's a good chance that all our teams. Teams might win this week.
Speaker 4: The continue, the street continues to the street, Street continues.
Speaker 1: We've got four teams. We've got to continue. You know how close we came this weason. You don't realize how close we came this week. You want Broncos lost, Para loss and George one like that was lucky man. If Saints last, it would have been the first time the streaks out. We'll say the bye. Can we use that we did? We did two points? Were scraping there. We're using the bike four teams now every week.
Speaker 4: How do we go wrong?
Speaker 6: I'm taking the buy every day of the week. You gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: Jeez.
Speaker 6: Well, thanks guys for another great episode. And like you said, happy Easter and everyone out there is celebrating it. Happy Greek this weekend as well.
Speaker 1: Right just before we get Greek, every one before we go was one of the Greek Grand Finale. This information it comes up on the first book congratulations are the second division friends.
Speaker 6: They're starting their own faith, they're starting their own Facebook and it's called grease Book. Sorry, no, that's it. I was just saying Happy Easter, Greek start to the Greek contingent as well. It's rare that it falls on the same weekend, which which means I'll see you on Friday, you on Sunday. Oh yeah, and happy Easter everyone out there listening, and we'll see you all for one hundredth episode next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred. Happy rugby league, eybody,