Speaker 1: Come on, come on, it's useless as traffic.
Speaker 2: Is it moving?
Speaker 1: Dad? Isn't it possible the flood wasn't caused by global warming? I mean the water was held back by a giant beaver dam.
Speaker 3: After all, No stand, I'm afraid usaid, don't just let your children down. We didn't take care of our earth, and now you've inherited our problems.
Speaker 1: We didn't lessen, we didn't less it.
Speaker 2: Kick Ah, Welcome to going down to South part of the podcast where we always have ourselves a time, and this week we're going two days before the doubt of tomorrow, which is today.
Speaker 4: I'm down and I am guy, and uh look we're back, so I might as well come back with the cash pras that was my understanding. There will be no math.
Speaker 5: People, I've had me going, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Your back?
Speaker 5: You're being back for weeks now. See, let's pull a curtain back. This is the first podcast we've done in five weeks.
Speaker 4: We're gonna show you how the sausage is made here for.
Speaker 5: That's not it's funny. I was thinking about it this morning. This is the longest I've gone without doing a podcast decade. I it's too long. For me. For me, I need to be just doing it more often. I felt the itch I'm going I want to be doing it again now.
Speaker 4: I must admit look apologies in advance if this episode feels a little stop start or it's like the gears are grinding, Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. It's like, yeah, I'm feeling like it's gonna take a little while to warm up the muscles. But I think once we're back into it will be wholly back in.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, twenty six is gonna be quite a good year for the full Finger discount and.
Speaker 5: Network or generational talents when it comes to that.
Speaker 4: That's absolutely does it just mean we're old.
Speaker 5: And we've been doing this generation generation Okay, generational talents, Okay, I'll take it.
Speaker 4: I'll take it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Two days before doubt that tomorrow, I went into this blind. I don't ever seen this one before, and I'm a big fan of disaster movies and just how ridiculous they are. This one wasn't really more. I enjoyed it, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I was going to.
Speaker 4: No, it felt a little sort of one note yeah, and and also sort of I wouldn't say necessarily hitting it easy targets or anything like that, because I think, you know, big asters asked the movies, and particularly those made by the likes of Roland Emory, they kind of deserve all the shots they yet they are very big and broad and for one of a better term, kind of dumb.
Speaker 5: Does he does he know this when he goes into movie?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Does he make these movies knowing they're this way? Or does he think he's making masterpieces?
Speaker 4: I don't think he thinks he's making masterpiece, but I think he says he. I think he believes he's saying something did in pendestated?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah. And I think that's kind of the secret sources as well. I mean, I think if he was doing these movies sort of tongue in cheek, then everyone would go, oh, okay, fine, yeah, you you see how ridiculous it is, and we'll play along, and it wouldn't have kind of the staying power. I think the fact that there's some degree of sincerity in them gives them a bit of a bit of heft, And certainly that's the case with the Day after Tomorrow. I mean, regular listeners of our shows will know that I talk about it a fair bit. I think I've been pushing it on you for a while.
Speaker 5: I watched it recently over the Christmas break.
Speaker 4: Okay, so let's talk about that.
Speaker 5: But I got like halfway through and I went, yeah, I'm just not feeling it.
Speaker 4: This wasn't for you.
Speaker 5: It just wasn't. It just wasn't for me. Okay, yeah, because I've kind of feel that way about Independence y yeah, okay, just everyone just different. Yeah, yeah, everyone says for me to Independence Day, I grew up with it. Sure, I know you don't have that kind of same connection with Down to Tomorrow, but other independent statue reminds me of had the alien toys we all couldn't believe it, or seen that white houses exploding. It just felt so cool. I think it was the first special effect I remember seeing besides maybe Drssic Park. But I didn't watch Drassic Park thinking I'm watching great special effects. I watched Drassic Park going that's a dinosaur. Where with Independence Day, I watched it and everyone was talking. I was old enough to sort of understand special effects and that thing, and seeing the White house exploded, I was like, this is what movie should be.
Speaker 4: Spectaclely well, that's like me watching you know, like the opening sequence of Star Wars was like, yeah, a little real ship that ships you.
Speaker 5: So you've never seen anything like that before. And I've never seen anything like Independence Day before exactly.
Speaker 4: So yeah, the first time you see something, it's going to really get to imprint on your brain. Now. Of course I'd seen disaster movies, heap of them before. The Day After Tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Is this a real parody of that specific film After Tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Or just in a lot of ways, there are certain scenes that are sort of a lift beat the beat lyft.
Speaker 5: I didn't get to the end. I'm not gonna lie, okay, but you would have. You would have seen in Day After Tomorrow. You know the bit where Dennis Quade's at the at the United Nations game where he's with the governors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's some guy, terrible actor. I don't know what he's terrible performancely maybe a good.
Speaker 5: Act the conservative, the Republican. No, that guy's good. I like that guy, okay, Yeah, yeah, who's basically playing Dick Cheney or something like that. Yeah, but no, there's a guy I think he might be either like the French delegate or something like that telling me, doctor Hall, you said this is going to happen when when it's maybe not the guy's first language or what. But I just like, but again going back, that's kind of the secret of success. How no one's winking winking at the camera. They're all kind of like, no, this is a story about, you know, the.
Speaker 4: Potential end of the world due to you know, human caused global warming slash climate change. We should be treating this seriously and and to we even listen, that's okay, And that's the and that's the secret of this episode it s exists, is that they take that sincerity and they just ramp it up to the point of ridiculous. I love, Yeah we didn't. Yeah, that's stepping on favorite moments. But yeah, that's certainly warning crowds. Just and you see someone we didn't listen here in the background to them. And then at the very end the ultra sincere, it's say, no, don't you understand what the child is, which is just Parker and Stone to a t perfect But in the dafter tomorrow and we'll talked about two days after the daft tomorrow shortly, but yeah, Dennis Quay, Jake Gillenhall Seal Award. All these people are giving legitimate performances. You know they're not. They're not in the scary movie version of the Daft Tomorrow. They're in the screen version of Tomorrow. So they're treating they're treating it for real.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I was watching the scene, I think I think it's New York because it New yor where the big title wave comes. Yeah, I'm like, there's no way, no way anyone surviving this. Going inside that building isn't gonna save you.
Speaker 4: Said, as I have said in the past, I love The Day After Tomorrow. But this is a movie where Jake Jillenhall literally outruns the weather.
Speaker 5: He's like, you're gonna come. She's like, no, I'm gonna save this person in the car. And he's like we've gotta go now, Like that wave is killed you already. That's true running away.
Speaker 4: But when they're getting the medicine off that off that ship basically floated down Fifth Avenue or whatever, and they have to go in and there's wolves in the throw on everything in the wall. It's fantastic. But then they realize the Cold Runners going and they're out running the cold and you can.
Speaker 5: Seem like it's like some heros following them zero from Mortal Combat.
Speaker 4: It's following. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: But I guess the door and also it just stops. We're inside. It can't get through this one door. I think I just wasn't in the mood for that. I think I was like half a second. I'm like, ah, get no way. But yeah, I watch Independence Day and I'll happily watch you all, Smith, Pudge and Alien.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, horses for course, Yeah, horses for courses. But yeah, I mean, I think again sort of talking about the striking, the balance between piss take and sincerity. I think Parker and Soon and I've said this before, have a genuine appreciation for the movies of Rolling Memory of Michael Bay. And there's a reason these movies are successful, and the reason that you're still you know, digging Intependence Day so many years on. There's a reason that you know, I will occasionally go back and Reavers of the Day After or why people talk about Aged and it is like, you know, that was the best movie in nineteen eighty eight, so Saving Private right about that? Or the Truman Joe more Deep Rising.
Speaker 5: I go back to pro wrestling, right, I know it's not real, but I don't care. Yeah, I love it because it's ridiculous. I love it for the stupid story on. I love it for the crazy moves anyone and the commitment to the bit ye as well. Yeah, because the best.
Speaker 4: Wrestlers and the best storylines have. It's huge. It's over the top and everyone is like, and I believe larger than life. Yeah. Yeah, it's larger than life and I'm going for it and I'm believing it at one and that's what that's why it works. Yeah, you have to go all in. Yeah, much like you know your pals down to one guy the wing.
Speaker 5: Just the thing is apparently this was also a not a piss take, but just a acknowledgment of the Hurricane Katrina. That's right. I don't have any memories of it, of Hurricane Katrina. I remember it happening, but I don't know anything about the who was people to blame? Was that what the issue was that they weren't more focus on who was to blame as opposed to trying to fix the problem.
Speaker 4: Well, it's like who's coming to save us or who's coming who? Yeah, So you have you have government departments that are responsible.
Speaker 5: For first aid funds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what happened? What happens in an emergency who? Yeah? And I think FEMA, which I'm sorry it's an acronym, but I can't remember exactly why it's Federal Emergency Management.
Speaker 5: So ill look it up. Yeah, we need a Jamie. I've decided what's Jamie from.
Speaker 4: That's a Joe Rogan thing where Okay, yeah, Jamie Jamie looked that shit up.
Speaker 5: The federal the Federal Emergency Management Agency agency. Apparently they were underfunded, and I think the person heading it was kind of like a either a nepotism high or it's like jobs for the mates they were doing and they yeah, they were unqualified, ill equipped, ill equipped.
Speaker 4: Correct. Yeah. I don't have a lot of memories about Katrina at the time. I do recall, Shit, this looks pretty bad. Was twentelve years ago. Now, Yeah, for the fine folks of New Orleans. There have been a couple of documentaries recently. I think Netflix had one, maybe two, because I think reason I watched like a couple.
Speaker 5: Is the first part of the ad for the doco going we didn't listen. I'm not mocking Hurricane Katrina.
Speaker 4: But you've got all this sort of you know, somber black and my footage. People say, I broke the dam.
Speaker 5: No, but you do a South Park version of that. Oh yeah, absolutely, uh but the ive broake the down.
Speaker 4: But certainly the they may not have both been on Netflix, but I remember like seeing we're seeing a lot of stuff about Katrina. Now middle it was a twenty year I think the twenty year anniversaries.
Speaker 5: It's like they love anniversaries.
Speaker 4: Sure, there was a lot of footage of like the lead up, actual footage of the storm, and certainly the aftermath that was like, holy molys got that shit kicked out. Yeah, certainly this particular.
Speaker 5: Section photos whoa, whoa. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah. The main thing I remember speaks volumes about the ship that stays in my brain, and they acknowledge in this episode or they pay you a service to. This episode was where I think it's Kanye West and Mike Myers. You know, there's a whole sort of charity broadcast. It was like, you know, give to the people of New Orleans. You know, let's all pitch in and help, and it's Mike Myers and Kanye West, and Kanye basically goes off script and says and George Bioz doesn't care about black people. Of course, if you if you can find if you can.
Speaker 5: Find a press convers or something, is it or.
Speaker 4: Something like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but you look at my man's My mama is probably a fantastic man, does not represent him. Incredible comic talent, probably very very good at improvising. There's no yes ending his way out of these guns. Oh oh well, I think you just tried to sort of get back on script real quick. But yeah, can I just basually.
Speaker 4: Calling out the because it was the ninth Ward, which is primarily a black area of New Orleans, that it was most badly affected. Yeah, but they are. They certainly acknowledged that in this episode. Was like George Buce doesn't care about beavers.
Speaker 5: Also takes the mickey out of media coverage of it as well. And this isn't just hurricanker trend. This is just disasters in general. Yeah, we think the death toll is this I've been in there yet, these incredibly huge numbers. But yeah, one of my favorite lines we haven't actually seen it, we're just reporting. That is literally my top favorite moment here. I haven't seen it, I'm just reported in it. So yeah, I mean it took me to COVID when you know, it became like a the cases how many cases?
Speaker 4: A literal numbers game. Yeah.
Speaker 5: We were checking in every morning with Doctor Norman's one. Yeah, yeah, eleven o'clock every morning. You know the numbers today?
Speaker 4: Okay, we're down like watching the stock market or something.
Speaker 5: We're getting closer to being able to get more than a hundred minutes of our house.
Speaker 4: Yes, uh yeah, covering a lot of issues in this. Yeah, acknowledging the silliness of disaster movies, but also yeah, yeah, acknowledging real world, real world design, our response to and our response to them.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Now, what were your favorite moments from the episode?
Speaker 4: As I said, yeah, all the huge numbers that the journals are throwing around. It's like, we understand that the death call could be something like six hundred million.
Speaker 5: Yes, one for your questions, I'll spoil it. Now, what's the death toll of Chicago? And the answer is over eight hundred billion? And you guys like, this is your fault, Jimbo driving that suv. You drab that damn suv around it.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a really funny exchange. I forgot who I think it might be standing saying, oh, we need to go help the people of Beaveled, and cars like how it comes, like why just immedia laughters and that was great and just that really that pious thing at the very end where stands trying to come clean, trying to confess, trying to do the right thing, and of course misconstrued by all these very well meaning people. No, don't you see what this child is saying.
Speaker 5: I love how Trey and Matt just absolutely take the piss out of that gun. What was the perfect ending for this episode because the whole time they're walking in and going we didn't listen, and they're not listening.
Speaker 4: Very much. So look, I'm sure there are going to be more that I come up throughout the episode, but those are the only ones that leapt out.
Speaker 5: I liked Cartman's calling out the jew gold and the twist of oh he actually had like, I know this is the fake on. It's almost like saying evil side of Kyle. He was like, oh, he's got you win. It's not very often that Kyle concedes, but he went. I thought it was quite funny and one.
Speaker 4: Of the only times I really have steered into stereotypes about Jews. Isn't it mean Cartman's all being true, being actually true? Yeah, Man, Cartmen's always sort of talking about these things. And the one this Timon's actually the case.
Speaker 5: I think it works because they've spent so much time. Yeah, coming, you're an idiot. That's not how it is. That's not how it is. This time is right whenever. Who watched this and turn to the Jewish friends and went, do you really? And also I thought this was a bit of a self jab at the end where they said it was going to be crabbed people even stand the characters like, I'm not having no cause I watched it. I went, oh, no, you don't go on that way? Yeah, and then thank god they didn't. Oh yeah, I mean I think they're aware enough, I think clever enough to go we we don't have to take the piss out of ourselves with this here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 3: Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people trivia time.
Speaker 5: My first question for you is what's the death of over one hundred billions? I've ruined that one. My next one is what's the population of Beavertown?
Speaker 4: Is it? Is it?
Speaker 5: Fifteen thousand. It is eight thousand, eight thousand, Yes, half of it.
Speaker 4: Take that. Indeed, I hope I'm getting this right. I didn't have I didn't have that many truer questions. I didn't even have three. What I know, I was too busy watching the episode. What is the name of the newsreader they give his full name?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's like puss Liquor or something, Pusslicker, Tom, pus Licker, Pusslicker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like wow.
Speaker 5: Usually it's just Tom. Here's time with the weather. Final question for you is who laughed at the drawing of the penis what?
Speaker 4: Frank?
Speaker 5: Frank? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh god, damn it.
Speaker 5: There was a couple of times in this where I felt he's let drag out a bit too long, the gags where it just it didn't you knew that it was going to end up what it was. Yeah, it's like, you know where this is going, and you still went there. Anyway. It's usually his tray and matte keep it more short and sharp, tighter. Yeah, yeah, but that is true.
Speaker 4: Oh, I got one more.
Speaker 5: You do have one, that's right? Yeah, probably two, not three to two. What is the name of the speedboat they crashed into the beaver. There is that just written on the side? Is it is?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 5: Didn't?
Speaker 4: Look?
Speaker 5: What was it? It's Rod's Royce, Rod's Royce. Yeah, so really he should have know it wasn't Uncle Roy's boat. Then oh mate, sorry, Roy's Roy's Royce. Okay, I did like that carptains like, I don't know. It's just some guy named I know where he keeps the key of his boat. All right, there's now top of some stone kind of shout out, starting with the incredible Katie G with her one cheese poos? Isn't it rusty?
Speaker 4: Warm up? Warm up?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: I love cheesypoofs.
Speaker 5: You love cheesypoofs.
Speaker 3: Weed, didn't it cheesypoofs?
Speaker 4: Weed be cheesey poops?
Speaker 5: Cheeseypoofs, Yes, cheesepoops. Started with the incredible Katie G, who one hundreds, thank you so much. I did say that. You know, we had the mister Hanky toy on the Christmas special last year.
Speaker 4: I do remember.
Speaker 5: There's now a cheeseyproof toy of Cartland cheesepoof out.
Speaker 4: Is it from your pals that I want to say?
Speaker 5: Head gear, head start toys, Yes, head stuff. That's when it had me bree yes, do you think the fine folks at head Start might send you a cheesypoof? I hope so they should, shouldn't they? Apparently it comes with holding, but pe apparently comes with cheesepoofs. Oh okay, well, actual, well, I'm not sure that it comes with cheesepoops. And I was like, do not eat. It's not for human consumption. Also the following people, Glen Gomez, Justin Parker, Zach Pruitt, Shanny Macker, Elliot, j O'Neill, Isabella Murphy, Reach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sewn DV, Pete Anderson, Timothy Belson, Andrew Davis, Kevin Dentel, Planned Flood, Bellow, Wino Bak, Jack Big Faden, Heath, Apple, be Adrick McLeod, March, Eleven Ginger and Pickle, Preston, Murray, Tealy, Enriquez, Deklan, Phoenix By McCoy, Logan b James Sheppard, Joe Reading, Sect, Dave Pretzel's McNally, Gavin Lane, Dami Miller, Charlie Joe, and Abigail B. Shop Card. It's been a wats as I've said those names.
Speaker 4: I was about to saying it's good to have all those names. Back, come along with us for the twenty twenty six ride. It's gonna be good fun.
Speaker 5: It is, indeed all right. So this episode here two days before the Day after Tomorrow originally and October nineteenth, two thousand and five, which turned out to be Trey Parker's thirty sixth birthday.
Speaker 4: Oh, happy birthday, Trey.
Speaker 5: Made me smile, but also make me very sad. I'm like, this is one year younger than what I currently am. And look at this guy achieved in that time, nine seasons deep into South Park.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got a lot of time up your sleep.
Speaker 5: I do, indeed.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 5: Now, the top three films at the US box office when this episode originally aired, Number three was Elizabethtown. Never seen it.
Speaker 4: From our friend Cameron Crowe watching No, this is kind of the start of the Cameron crow down swing.
Speaker 5: Okay, what was the upswing of Cameron Crowe?
Speaker 4: Well, let's see, I mean he did really well, would say anything, I like, singles a lot, which followed that up. Then he had Jerry McGuire, which is Bona Fardie classic almost famous. After that the Oscar for that yeah, and then Vanilla Sky starring Tom Cruise, which is the movie that you know, has mixed response, but.
Speaker 5: I love for the one he sees penis in it.
Speaker 4: You may, I'm not sure, but.
Speaker 5: A's like I said, some movie where you see Tom cruise penis and that might be all the right moves, all the right movies is at aka sex scene uh pre sex scene sex?
Speaker 4: Okay? With back to the futures Lea Thompson, the we ca see Lea Thompson. Everyone's now like Elizabethtown.
Speaker 5: It's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it didn't quite stick.
Speaker 5: The landing and the many directors that haven't had the downward spiral towards the end of their careers.
Speaker 4: This is Tarantino's thing. He's like, I'm making ten movies and then I'm quitting because I've seen too many directors lose their fastball and the last few movies of the career are kind of junk.
Speaker 5: Was his last film, Once upon a Time.
Speaker 4: That was the ninth and he said I'm making ten movies and that I'm quitting.
Speaker 5: But then he's he's really delayed, and he isn't as a marketing gimmick, but I think.
Speaker 4: So because he's a master of manipulation in that regard. And at the same time, you know, Paul Thomas Anderson, who's his friend and contemporary, just made his tenth movie, one bat Laugh for Another, regarded as probably his best movie, you.
Speaker 5: Know, and he's saying basically, either love that movie or you really don't like it. I'm not seeing any in betweens. I'm seeing some people say this movie is sucked. Oct going to be going for the Academy Award. Yahd yadyada. So peoplelove it, is the greatest movie you ever made.
Speaker 4: That's good. Who wants to be in the creamy center except me?
Speaker 5: And Number two was Wallison gram at the Curse of the wear Rabbit. I never watched wal Also as a kid either, if.
Speaker 4: You know what, only Walls and Grammer it very charming.
Speaker 5: I just I don't know. For me, just I just never paid any interest to it. But Wallace, did they speak in Willison Grommet?
Speaker 4: Uh, Wallace does, he's the human and the dog Romit does not. He just has the sheep.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking, I think, sure, the sheep. They don't make any actual dialogue. It's just I think so yeah. And finally number one at the US box office, not the nineteen eighties version, but it's the Fog Wow.
Speaker 4: One of the most terrible remakes ever. Really, Oh yeah, you know, I love the Fog and I think right as well, and this was just terrible. Okay, it's number one at that that week, well, trading on known ip that's true, you know. And I've got hot young stars Tom Welling, Superman from Smallville, Maggie Grace from Lost. I think Selma Blair was in there as well. From cruel intentions, they're good. It's not good. It's I don't know if it is. Maybe I've just got too much residual love for the Carpenter original. Is John is it?
Speaker 5: Because the original is gritty and.
Speaker 4: Just sort of no, not really, just this just felt like.
Speaker 5: Hollywood version of the Folk Well, not a.
Speaker 4: Hollywood version, but like a you know, the CW, like the yeah, the the TV network that mainly specializing like teen shows. It's like, yeah, this is the teeny bopper version. I'm sorry that sound like a really old man when I say that, but it's just like it's got no it's got no weight, it's got no gravity.
Speaker 5: But everyone's too pretty.
Speaker 4: Everyone's too pretty. That's exactly right.
Speaker 5: This show is brought to you by the four Fingered Discount Patreon where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive Simpsons reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, Tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Sifould, the One About Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash four fingure discout. All right, so the episode kicks off with standing Cartman.
Speaker 4: By the way, something we should say about two days before The Day After Tomorrow before we still talk about the episode in earnest is that supposedly we don't sometimes ega that lies to you. But Parker and Stone wanted to do a whole movie in the vein of Team America with puppets called The Day After the Day After Tomorrow, and they wanted to release it the day after the release of the Day After Tomorrow, and it would essentially be a shot for shot remake that well with, wouldn't except I think the lawyers said maybe not, which led me to think has anyone in the history of money or law earned their money more than train Matt's legal team? So guys, maybe not?
Speaker 5: Maybe diddies, Well, yeah, do you watch that over the holidays. No, not good that guy. Yeah, I mean the rumors were always out there he got up to some stuff. Yeah, but is it proven now that he goes out to some stuff because of stuff that was coming out and going. You've got there's no way he's not getting out of prison, and he's like there, like two years.
Speaker 4: What You've got a lot of people speaking up about activity that's criminal and activity that's just plain sort of sociopathic.
Speaker 5: So he just way to describe yourself. But yeah, so that's that would have been great. Yeah, it would have been great. But so they've already done tim America.
Speaker 4: In four I want to say, two thousand and so that would.
Speaker 5: Have been in replaced place of I think, so, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I think the lawyers said, probably not the wisest movie you could be opening yourself to all manner of legal legal action.
Speaker 5: Yere, tim America is much better idea, anyway, I think so.
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll end up doing our review slash commentary of that soon enough. I feel like tim America has more long standing appeal than a piss take of Doubt to Tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I think doing a piss take of The Day After Tomorrow, which, as I said, I really enjoy but is kind of a semi forgotten.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Team America was very much his own thing, created its own, its own thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we hadn't send out to Tomorrow, you wouldn't get that movie.
Speaker 4: That's right. So you're doing a piss take of Adafter Tomorrow as just a South Park episode I think works a lot better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right. So the episode kicks off with Stan and Cartman just randomly hanging out together.
Speaker 4: Yes, doesn't happen all that often. I like that they sort of acknowledged, like, isn't it good just hanging out?
Speaker 5: No car, Yes, exactly. So they pretend to drive Uncle Roy's boat, standing his Uncle Roy's boat, Carton's Uncle Roy.
Speaker 4: They're sort of playing like Miami Bys or something like that.
Speaker 5: There's no crime shows with boats anymore, like on the Water, is there.
Speaker 4: It's a damn shame. Yeah, we need more of that, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Because what do we have. In the eighties you had.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of partial to a show called Rip Tide, okay, and there were heaper shows like this, but this one was like two cool dudes who like act as p i's or something. They've got their nerdy pale who built them a robot, and when they're not solving crimes, they hang on their boat called the rip Tide, and the robot like serves them drinks and ship and there's always girls around him.
Speaker 5: Did you make this show?
Speaker 4: It's no, but they should have just injected it directly into my brain. I'm sorry, I gotta play. I gotta play the hits. We used to make things in this country, and there were so many shows like this. You know, do you know the name Stephen J. Canell?
Speaker 5: Give me something?
Speaker 4: He was in No this, This is a sort of producer creator and he like the A Team.
Speaker 5: And I probably have heard the name in that regard, but he had.
Speaker 4: His name on a whole bunch of shows like.
Speaker 5: The Dick Wolf of these kind of shows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much. And he had his logo at the end of his episodes with him sitting at a type right that guy. Yes, yes, the paper folds into a c as in Stephen J.
Speaker 5: Okay lord.
Speaker 4: But yeah, he made a bunch of shows that essentially are that that had.
Speaker 5: Boats, yeah, and the boat action. It actually makes me kind of sad that we don't have those end credits themes anymore, you know, like the good Boy Sit just say pictures or whatever. Was that that's grazier grazy? No?
Speaker 4: Do you do do Do? Do Do Do? That's grazy. Yeah, yeah, but go shout out to our pale pet Was it pet Right?
Speaker 5: Pat Right Films T shirt? Yes, that shit's dope. Yeah. But the thing is people don't wait till the end of credits anymore. Is just skipped the next episode. So did it even exist anymore?
Speaker 4: No, I would hope.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, I know they do, And I'll tell you why, because those themes for me when I was growing up signified it's finished.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not getting so much little theme music stings on them anymore, but people are still doing their logos. Yeah. I was very happy because Spartacus is back on TV.
Speaker 5: Did you award Spartacus? No, but I know you're a big fan. Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: It's insanely sexy and violent and everything like that. I mentioned that it's been off the ever like ten years, but they've done this sort of re make slash reboot. I mentioned the lovely Louise who enjoys like the odd medieval show, and I watched the second epathode, which one featured an act of violence so insanely bloody and disturbing, and I'm like, I don't think you should watch this. But at the end of it, the creer of the show has his own logo, which is basically him ripping open his shirt and he's got his initial on the Superman. So yeah, they still exist, but now there's no sit Uber, sit good dog or you s thinker from Daddy Kelly. Yeah, yeah, I miss him.
Speaker 5: Yes, but Cartman says, let's just drive it around the marina. He's the keys. Sorry, I'll take responsibility. I'll take responsiblity.
Speaker 4: Stan, you sucker, Yeah, you fool. Of course he's not going to take full responsibility.
Speaker 5: But the appeal have been able to drive a boat around the marina? Wins.
Speaker 4: Oh, absolutely, And Stan is just as much to blame Hi, because how can it be or it's like I can drive a boat and I think everyone probably feels that way. It's like, how are you going to be.
Speaker 5: It's like, once you're out in the water, crash into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the worst I can do is sink it. Yeah, I know, I don't think that's that's a possibility. Yeah, So yeah, stand equally culpable in this one detail I liked here the speed dealer sort of shades. Have you ever been in an out of control vehicle?
Speaker 5: No? Yeah, me neither. I mean I've driven around the corner. How only happened to me once, right, I wasn't speeding or anything. It just the wheels just lost traction going around the corner here, just passed the Sphinx, which is very localized, I know, but going into the corner and it's just one of those things where the car was just like out of control and the light came on, like the skid light, yes, And I didn't really know what to do in that most so I just sort of like let go of the wheel. I was just like, oh, I didn't like try and steer. I was just like, I let the wheels sort itself out and it fixed it, I feel. And someone told me if you had tried to sort of maneuver around, you probably would have crashed it.
Speaker 4: Correct. Yeah, yeah, you steer out of the skid or you steer into the skid. I don't remember. I'm hydro playing like once or twice, and it's like, oh, I don't enjoy this.
Speaker 5: I was just like I remember thinking at the moment I went for about five seconds, and I wasn't going fast. I was like, right, even if I do crash, it's not going to be bad. So I just like the car sort of trying and fix this stuff out. I sort of like, go. I had my hands still on the wheel and it's guiding itself, and it's sort of straightened up, and I sort of came to a complete stop, and I was like, okay, well over take a bread. Yes, but this is what Stan does not do here. What he does He tries to go not going anywhere, realize that it's in neutral, so it turns off neutral and boom goes off in the reverse and they crash into eventually crash into the beaver dam. Yes, I did, like at the end of it all that stand was more worried about whether he hurt any beavers.
Speaker 4: That's like, he's like me, doesn' want to hurt any beavers?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the bait of course catches fire. They swimmed to the shore and I was watching this thinking is this going to be them stranded on an island or something. But so they swim to the shore and realized that you know, Cartman says, there was no Uncle Roy is all in alibi, but an alibi for us. We're at my house all afternoon.
Speaker 4: Playing tea party.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I love that that that actually makes sense because people would believe because we see common for numerous times, which was just doving tea party, which was just a joke. But it's like, no, no, people believe that cartman is having a tea party. And yeah, so Stan hope he didn't any Beavers. Then the South Park Evening News, he's there with his family standies and they're hearing Tom Pusslikuld talk about a massive flood now in Beavertown.
Speaker 3: Tom, I'm currently ten miles outside of Beaverton, unable to get inside the town proper.
Speaker 1: We do not have any reports of fatalities.
Speaker 3: Yet, but we believe that the death toll maybe in the hundreds of millions. Beaverton has only a population of about eight thousand Toms, so this would be quite devastating.
Speaker 1: Any word on how.
Speaker 3: The survivors in the town are doing, Mitch, We're not sure what exactly is going on inside the town of Beaverton, Tom, but we're reporting that there's looting, raping, and yes, even.
Speaker 4: Acts of cannibalism.
Speaker 3: My god, you've you've actually seen people looting, raping and eating each other. No, No, we haven't actually seen it, Tom, We're just reporting it.
Speaker 5: I think the most relevant element to this episode today is the fact that news hasn't really changed all that much.
Speaker 4: Deteriorated certainly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it just feels like now you can just say what you want and people you'll get caught out for it, but you don't get held accounnibal for it.
Speaker 4: Like you need to. No. I mean, look, not wanting to get too political or anything like that, but there's been a lot of talk about CBS News in the US and how a journalist slash opinion writer named Barry Weiss, a woman named Barry Weiss, has basically she was a journalist of the New York Times started up her own sort of news outlet called The Free Press, which became very very popular online, and she was basically tapped to sort of run CBS News and seemingly taken in a more sort of populus direction. I think one thing they said is like, we're not going to be listening to experts so much. We're going to be listening to you, the people, which point in a lone sent I think i'd rather listen.
Speaker 5: To the experts.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people are fucking stupid. So yeah, but.
Speaker 5: I'll the scientists on YouTube thank you well because it's something that I really hate. But yeah, I don't trust them elites. It's like they became elite because they're good what they do. I think padat all, that you have your headaches, probably someone who's.
Speaker 6: A really elite and pharmaceutical Yeah, that cure for cancer, well, that cancer, that cancer treatment you've got, I'm a lead guy, probably came up with that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. But then the South part of people in the news say it's all George Bush's fault, and then other conservatives say it's al Carta's faults. And this very much. This feels very much of the time. But you just replace it now with Muslims. Good news that this would be the Muslim angle.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: And stand then walk into the kitchen as Randy and Sharon are doing the dishes, and he asked, so we're going to be helping those people in beaver Town, And Randy and Sharon try to explain to him, So, it's not our faults. The mass fold of Bevera Town. So he should have seen this coming. So it's more, Sharon.
Speaker 4: Says one, and Randy says, oh, no, it might be something else or no, honey, let's not blame those people. I think we've got to blame these people. Yeah, but they close up with we should help these people. What's more important it is figuring out whose fault this is.
Speaker 5: Yes, so I guess that is what the Hurricane Katrina conversation was.
Speaker 4: I think so, yeah, but it well, no one.
Speaker 5: Can say whose fault it was about a hurricane though, no, no, But I mean, who should hear a responsibility for it? Or because it's a natural disaster? Is it with the insurance companies trying to say we're not paying for it?
Speaker 4: I think it's like, who's going to help it? Don't we have an agency that is responsible for helping these people? And what exactly are you doing? It seems like you're sitting on your hands here.
Speaker 5: And nobody wanted to touch it with a ten foot pole. Well, it seemed like a lot of there was a lot of buck passing going and it's like, oh, well, no, this is for local government. It's in Bells house that pretty much. But we're at school the next day and Cartman thinks that the people trapped the roots. It's pretty funny because it's on the news. And then he says it's their fault for living there in the first place. They should have seen it come. And I've heard someone use this argument saying about bushfires with bushfires recal in Australia, people going, we don't build a house in the bush. That's not the response. No, yes, you shouldn't expect and be more prepared for the chance of a bush fire. But people saying, all do they expect building living in a bush? I'm like, they expect not to start to set fire to something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, they expect maybe a sintilla of fucking human kindness. Yeah, yeah, if your house burns down. Luckily in Australia we have plenty of that. Oh yeah, there's plenty of go around.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And shout out to all the people who help those who needed in the bushfires recently because.
Speaker 4: They were bad. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was shocking.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, as you know, the Lovely Luis's friends with True West aka a cat man. Oh yeah, a member of the Gelong Football Club cheers squad. Yeah, he's basically cat Den, which held all his memorabilia all these sort of Catman costumes. Point of reference for people who may not know. The Gelong Football Club has a cheers squad and the spell of Troy.
Speaker 5: Will cheer squad, by the way, is what for international listeners, I know, booster squad. Basically, it's the people who are the fanatical, the super fan superfans who go to every game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Troy would dress up in blue and white the colors of the Cats, with full sort of face, makeup, big sort of big wig and look like a human cat essentially.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he his cat den which contained all his costumes and all his memorabilia because his father was a footballer as well, burned the ground.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, terrible terrible cats about back. No, No, I felt really bad for Droy, who rely doing didn't do himself any favors by calling out day I find a volunteer and calling him a very mean name. Yeah, and then apologize for it. I understand where Droy was coming from.
Speaker 5: But now, as I said, as school in Katman, he cutman things. It was funny. And then he says, he says to Stan, do not tell Kyle. Whatever you do, don't tell Kyle because he will. As he says do you out, He'll dub on you, he will snitch. And then stan Is has the opportune to tell Kyle here he doesn't know. He sort of goes it's also he goes, comes kind of right here. I've seen enough of Kyle to know that he probably will tell somebody. But should I tell somebody? Because these people are stranded.
Speaker 4: Clearly he's got a very guilty conscience.
Speaker 5: He's still a kid, and if you're a kid that caused all this, you would go, I don't know what's gonna happen. I'm gonna be in so much trouble.
Speaker 4: He does say it's some like, oh, I feel bad I didn't write this down. He's like I want to. Yeah, I need to get this off my chest and somehow not get the blame for it, get in trouble, yeah, or not get in trouble for it. That's the thing. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But then Butter's comes in says they figured out whose foulder is and they watch the news report and something a few times about this episode where they go they know who it is now, they know who it is now, and they never know who it is, and the news report shows that the evidence has says it was caused by global warming. All the rumors were true. We didn't listen, We didn't we didn't listen. So I do think they ran that we didn't listen into the ground a bit too much here, But hearing Randy say it is just always the best. Oh yeah, And they've figured out Randy by this point, don't you reckon? Just even when he goes stan, he's completely he's going full Randy now.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah. Whenever he does that kind of dramatic, dramatic father from a disaster movie, that's my son. That yeah, so good, brilliant, brilliant. And I think there again there's a kind of a shout out to Day After Tomorrow where he's on the phone where yes, yeah, and that's very much Dennis quad and Jake Jillen Hall in In After Tomorrow is like stay where you are, I'm coming to get to It's like, this is highly impractical. Dennis Quaid.
Speaker 5: So Death of Tomorrow was a disaster cause by the guy that does the drilling at the start. Is that what the story?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, that's just that's just an example of like it shouldn't happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, we've been taking ice ice samples from this place for ages and like, oh, the ice is clearly so weak that this whole shelf can break off. Oh this is bad. This is not good news for the planet. And this is what I don't think it prompts Dennis Quay to then go to shitty United Nations meeting and when when? When when did this happen? Bad? Ragging on that guy, because I'm I'm clearly still were memory.
Speaker 5: But see, there are moments for me that I love from disaster films where they're so ridiculous. Oh yeah, and you just can't help it, just laugh, but you love it. You're not laughing at it, it's also laughing with it. But the geologists have all gathered at the Governor's office and the governor's office and here have.
Speaker 4: They Sorry, yeah, jump on it. But when did they sort of determine or did they first say Randy Marshall's a joel.
Speaker 5: That was his first things the first mover saw him in the first season. Okay, yeah, he's always been a geologist and he steered away from that. Now, unless there's an emergency of something that requires a geologist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ladies and gentlemen, if global warming has in fact already caused the Beaverton flood.
Speaker 5: Then this is only the beginning.
Speaker 1: The effects are going to spread.
Speaker 3: What we are looking at is a global warming catastrophe the likes.
Speaker 4: Of which we've never seen.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, sir, but when when is this going to happen.
Speaker 3: My colleagues in the scientific community are still running tests, but we believe it may happen the day after tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Piece and carriage and cats, Piece and carriage. That's the real thing they use for crowdsounds. Yeah, it used to be yeah, piece and aracters something yeah and carries and carriage.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And he says this will happen two days before the death of Tomorrow today, and everyone screams and panics. We did listen, and it's just like another minute now, people just running around screaming, scream We didn't listen. But that guy who falls over and basically is like global warming monstering him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's a little bit later though. I think it's when they're trying to run. It's coming, it's coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But we get a traffic jam here, because every disaster film has a good traffic jam. The car. You think, at what point would you go? There's no point you see all these cars and you think I'm gonna eventually get out of hit. Now you just go fuck it, let's just walk to go.
Speaker 4: Back, get out more.
Speaker 5: And stand suggests maybe it wasn't global warming, and then he's like, no, don't worry, it was global warming. It's the adult's fault. We let you down. We let your kids down. We didn't listen. And they leave on foot, and this is where the crowd thinks global warming is coming. It's coming, it's coming. We didn't listen, and they go one way, it's coming the other way. And this is where we get the guy's rolling around the ground thinking he's being killed by global warming. Yes, and they go into the community center, which for me felt very much like, hey, you know, remember that time we went to a building in the Death of Tomorrow and we were rescued from this giant what was like one hundred meter tall tidal wave. I mean it was higher than the Empire than they stated such as liberty. It was oh, that's right, that was their independence day thing, wasn't This wave is so big?
Speaker 4: It's yeah, can have the statue of Liberty? Or is that where they were on the top floor of the new York Public Library or something like that.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 4: I think that's where they I think that's where they take shelter.
Speaker 5: Yes, but they were then the bottom first though, when the wavesically gets in and close the door behind him and it's like the water go well like that, guys. And when that chick's trying to rescue the woman out of the car and he's like there's a wave coming, she's like, oh, so you didn't hear, you didn't see. But anyway, but then I did like the point of view shot of the global warming chasing them into the community center. Then Garrison has broken his leg and he's left. Boober's leaking. He needs some supplies and or is she is she? I guess she?
Speaker 4: Let's beyah progressive.
Speaker 5: Stan is worried about the people in the flood still though, and Sharon says, you know, we have to worry about ourselves now. We can't be worrying about those people, even though they're the only ones who are actually in any.
Speaker 4: Common danger, actual, yes, peril.
Speaker 5: How we get the news report global warming disaster death toll. It's the guy from Chicago talking about house Over six hundred billion people have lost their lives and Butter's dad. Apparently, I think that Stephen. Yeah, Stephen blames Jim. Are you driving u SCV? You didn't think about global warming? Did I love it? And then standin He comes clean to Kyle. But if I love this this interaction, I know who did it? George Bush. No terrorists, no coming US, no Chinese radicals, no Cartman. Kyle says a meeting, Well, we have to tell them we have to fix this. And Cartman then arrives realize the straight away. Oh god, damn stand why did you tell him? And stands to just they sneak out and go get a boat. And that way we can do the right thing. We can do the right thing, but still lie about it, that's what he says. Yeah, so they can still rescue people with their boat. Then Randy says they have to try and just wait it out. It's all we can do here. We global warm will go away, but we're staying here, will be safe. So we just waited. As everyone to below this line I think is dead. Everyone above the line's okay. Everyone in the middle just gonna wait it out. Yes, And then this is where he draws is He draws the penis he does on the board.
Speaker 4: There are title waves coming New York area Title Wives, and then oh and there's also this section down here Frank just giggling at it.
Speaker 5: I think Frank laughing or him just giggling would have been enough to end that scene. I don't think you need to ready. Oh what three? Oh god, it's like we saw it.
Speaker 4: I get where you're coming from. But I am a huge fan of just the South Oh goddamn it, which I've incorporated into my everyday speech.
Speaker 5: Now we're in Beavertown and everyone's there just asking for help. We'd like to be rescued now, and anyone coming please, or sitting on the roof of their house because they flooded out, having seen yeah, that recent documentary about Katrina and I mean people it's left stranded. Yeah, people had actual footage of like being in their house and it's like, Okay, the house is flooding, we're going up into the attic.
Speaker 4: Shit, it's coming up into the attic.
Speaker 5: We have to break through the ceiling of our house and get up onto the roof. It must have been absolutely terrifying. And then just looking out at your neighborhood, you know, I don't know how long you've lived there, but I mean it's gone. Yeah, and your community is just underwater, you know, and your neighbors are probably up on their roofs as well, and if they're not, holy shit, they may have drowned in their house.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a it's a striking image to see. But when you're realize, oh my god, how terrify.
Speaker 5: I mean, imagine your house flooding, you know, when Elliot plugs up the shower again. Yeah, I'd rather not, oh yeah, because.
Speaker 4: I mean we're seeing so much, you know, weather related nightmare, activity, chaos, Yeah, very much. Even down around our part of the world.
Speaker 5: You can't deny global warming now. I mean it's so fucking windy all the time, yeah, all the time.
Speaker 4: And for people to say, oh, global warming didn't cause it, Like no, no, woman't invade and cause it. But it's sure a shit not helping fix it or you know, ease it or anything like that. But I mean, we're relatively lucky here in Victoria, but having seen you know, everything that happened to Lawn and why River, we're lose kids went, you know, they go over and here at the start, they weren't there for when it happened. When theseble floods happened, cars got dragged out to the ocean.
Speaker 5: It was like.
Speaker 4: Watching you know, those that disaster. What did you see in forgive me but developing nations? You know you sort of see, oh shit, that's terrible.
Speaker 5: What happened in Bangladesh or what happened in Indonesia or whatever. To see it happen one hundred k from.
Speaker 4: Your home, Holy fuck. Wow, White man gets enlightened.
Speaker 5: Great, Yeah, my uncle he lives about He lives in Lethbridge, so it's about twenty minute driving me fifty minute drive there for a barbeque on the weekend. And he said when the bushfires were on he can literally see the orange glow. We could see them. We weren't really in any danger, but it's like when you can see it at your house and does just how close did listen? This show is brought to you by the four Finger Discount Patreon, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive Simpsons reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, Tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Sifould, the one about friends and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash four finger discount. They see the kids arriving on their boat. Unfortunately, the kids are drive straight past and crash into what I think is an oil refinery. Yes, and cause all the world to catch fire work. Yes, I think that that's a lot better. Thanks. I think this guy has a right to be a bit sassy. Oh, absolutely, yeah, Cartman and says this is what happens when you listen to Kyle and they say, we have to tell our parents now so they can go help. We need help now. We're not going to get out of the situation. Meanwhile, back at the community center, the families were all looking for the kids. They can't find them anywhere. And the phone rings. It's for you, Stan, Stan.
Speaker 1: Randy, Randy, your son's on the phone. Stan. Hey, ded stand you're alive. Dad. We're trapped in Beaverton. We're trying to save everyone.
Speaker 5: Stan.
Speaker 1: Listen to me. You must stay indoors, do not try to go out. Global warming has brought in a new ice age. Now, Dad, listen, I need to tell you something. What is it, son? Nothing? Can you just come get us. Please, you just stay puts on. I'm coming for you. Do you hear me. I'm coming for you.
Speaker 4: Randy, Where are you going?
Speaker 1: I'm going to Beaver You can't go out there, you'll freeze to death. My son is counting on me.
Speaker 5: I'm going with you.
Speaker 1: You can't go out there, you'll freeze to death. You can't do this alone. Let me go too. You can't go out there, you'll freeze to death.
Speaker 5: Cut to them hiking in the heat, all the clothes, yeah, and they think they're hot because they're in the last stage of papavemia. They're just worrying. No one's wearing weight too regular. Stephen collapses and Joan suggests that you take.
Speaker 4: The jackets off, and we get it, and we get a very wood. We get a very two thousand and five Parker and Stone line.
Speaker 5: Cut to the Pentagon and the Beaver Town. They keep calling for help. What do we do? That says, we can only help the people blow this line now and the scientists know now know what really caused it, but they show it. We don't know what it is yet. They show the But I love the has got the same sort of penis diagram on their met yes, exactly below this line. Then we cut to the kids stuck in the oil refinery, but then helicopters arrive in beaver Town to rescue them. The government is here to save you. Oh thanks very swift and very Swift's rescue. Then Cartman asked Kyle to hand over his duke Goo before they leave, and he watched his going Carmen just off to gather the way, pulls the gun out and he's like, I want that little bag in your neck. Kyle tries as long as he can to drag it out. He realizes he's got me gives him the fake gold. I think it's it's important for Cartman to be right, sometimes.
Speaker 4: Even at the expense of our Jewish friends.
Speaker 5: But I understand. I know this is terrible, but he needs because if everything he does is wrong, then he just thinking why is he believing sensitized to it? I understand, And why would he constantly believe his own bullshit if he knows he's always wrong?
Speaker 4: And it's a good wrong footing for us too, as the audience.
Speaker 5: Yeah it is I never saw it coming.
Speaker 4: No, no, and to double up and is like, no, it's try, but I know you carry fie, good, give me the real gun.
Speaker 5: He looks at him, and then he throws his real gold on the fire. Yeah, did he give them fake off first?
Speaker 4: We may never know. But when we get to Trey and or Matt on the show.
Speaker 5: What happens sometime this year, Let's try it. Don't let your dreams be dreamed. It will happen this year. I'm not slights be concerned. I'm not having a go at you. I'm just saying, yeah, my old mentality now is think positive. I just just think you're going to succeed. And if you don't succeed, it doesn't matter. If you try it. Sure, if you try and fail, who cares. I'd rather try and fail than never try it. Everyone.
Speaker 4: I would rather try and yeah, let's just be passed. Let's just keep hitting him up. And hey, friends of the pod, I mean actual friends of the pod, not friends of the pod.
Speaker 5: When you say pest, you mean when we see tras. However, we just take our shirts off and bad pals powers because you drop into the d ms and I don't think we can do that, but you do get into their social media and like, hey, how'd you like to be on going down to South Park Australia's finest, the world's finest.
Speaker 4: Don't sound park recap that.
Speaker 5: Doesn't have social media, because that's just living the best life.
Speaker 4: Of course he is original last time. Okay, we're not getting him on that.
Speaker 5: But but Parker his social media is his wife as like the Parker's Instagram, she runs it. You just see Treds hanging at every day. It's like he's just a normal dude.
Speaker 4: And you know what normal dudes can do. She got to podcast, go and go on podcasts and talk about their body.
Speaker 5: Of work, the normal stuff, but all normal stuff about normal stuff. Manine, imagine that would be the ultimate South Park stunt if we got Trey Parker on this podcast and didn't talk about in about South Park.
Speaker 4: See that's what makes you you podcasting genius, that you are outside the square.
Speaker 5: People to sit there this what do they get into the south part discussions?
Speaker 4: Guess why we're not.
Speaker 5: I think it's someone like Parker would be down for that. Hey, we want to do a come you to create a south Park. Come on to a South Park podcast. But we'll never actually use the word south Park.
Speaker 4: Yes, Trey Parker, the creator of co creator of the book of Mormon co owner of Castle Bernina never mentioned South Park at all.
Speaker 5: And then at the very end, you got anything else that you do. I'm seeing book of Morton about two weeks. Yeah, it's great, you love it. I'm looking forward to hopefully. So where we we we're just basically the bean rescued. So but I mean you can do a review on the podcast of when you see that book a Morman.
Speaker 4: Sure thing we'll learn.
Speaker 5: But south Park, now, I think that global warming has it must be over. We've waited it out. We've done exactly what Maddy said we did.
Speaker 4: We made it.
Speaker 5: We made it, and the boys and arrive with the government. The dads are all collapsed over on the street and they've founds down and the governments say we know who did it as the crab people, and I went, oh no, and you hear the grab people, crab people and stands like, no, no, I won't have it. He comes clean it was me. I like Cartman's It's like we nearly got away with this, but the people are so stupid because they don't listen. It's like he's saying we all broke the damn and stands to say it was him, but that does not listening. What do they say, I broke the damn? Yeah, I broke the dam. That's a nice I break the dam and it's great.
Speaker 4: I mean you can. Phil Parker ands Oone just sort of not rail against the hypocrisy of these people with the moral grand saying, these people, it's.
Speaker 5: Like you didn't do anything.
Speaker 4: You didn't do anything, but you're sort of taking credit slack. You're taking credit and blame simultaneously thinking it's gonna make you a good person, Like I'm owning up. It's like it's like Starship, I did my part. This is this is, of course a shout out to the clap never planned, but I mentioned Sparta's talking about the TV show. This is a shout out to Spartacus. The movie is it? Yeah, we're at the end spoilers for a very old movie called Spartacus. Yeah, but the Romans are after this runaway slave who's basically become the head of this resistance movies Spartacus, and but they don't know exactly what he looks like. And all his followers basically stand up and say, I'm Spartacus. Okay, I'm Spartacus.
Speaker 5: You see this, you see this parody in a lot of things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh we don't know. You don't think this is like, oh well they won't know which one of us. No, they'll just christ But yeah, everyone getting I broke the down. It's like, oh wow, yeah, good for you.
Speaker 5: It's not that if he's going that I'm going, Well he's going that I am going, And well I don't mind if.
Speaker 4: That's the case. I mean, that's that's actually sort of putting your money with your mouth. These people are just like, no, symbolically I broke the dawn. Did you actually break No? No, no, no, but I feel really bad about the damn and my my insignificant part in it.
Speaker 5: I did love here though. The cartment is what I love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you little brick.
Speaker 5: And just them talking over the closing credits and stands gives up. Yeah whatever, Yes, I think the more of you, the more I enjoyed this one.
Speaker 4: Actually, sure, Yeah, look a lot to sink your teeth into. Absolutely, And yeah, as I said, taking the mickey out of something kind of inconsequential, like a big disaster movie like The Day After Tomorra, but also you know, tackling a bigger, broader and more important topic like globe warming and our response to it.
Speaker 5: It is quickly becoming I'm finding season nine the Randy Show, don't you reckon?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: They realized that it's the boys and Randy now, isn't There's a.
Speaker 4: Little golden then their heels.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because when people think of south Park now, I would argue that Randy's more poppy than like Kyle and Kenny.
Speaker 4: They're probably thinking more about integrity, farms and things like that.
Speaker 5: It's Randy and Cartman. They're the two big stars, right, that's the I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm a little behind on the most recent season, but I'm wondering how much the kids are actually in it. It does seem more like, let's just skewer Trump and JD Vance and all that kind of thing. I mean, I'm sure the kids are still in there to some degree, but at.
Speaker 5: All they're definitely in there. Yeah. But the thing is, I think they realized the kids who watched this show originally have now grown up and they're now young adults, and they probably relate to Randy more than they do their ten year olds. Well, it's like, you know, we actually thought that Bart was going to be the breakout star of the sentience like, yeah, oh, actually everyone relates to hope. Yeah, exactly. All right, So that is our review of two Days before the Day Out of Tomorrow. Next episode is Marjarine, Oh, jo Rin, Marjorine. Okay, well, I don't have a lot of memories, but I'm pretty sure the minute I start watching it, Oh it's this one. We've enter that ear of the show.
Speaker 4: Now we have, yes, very much.
Speaker 5: Indeed, all right, guys, thank you for all of your support here at Going Down to south But don't forget you can't get in touch with us. It'd be having your questions answered on the next mail bag podcast. It is south Parkmailbag at gmail dot com place and all of those through Also, if you do want support your pals Guy and Dan, and you can do so by supporting. It's on Patreon for early and ad free access to all the shows and one hundred hours of bonus content. Link for that is a description of this podcast as well. But as we said, next episode I've Gone down to South Park shall be Marjarine Misa Davison. You find the words for those incredible listeners out there.
Speaker 4: Then do you know the worst thing you'd want to hear from our listener. What's that you didn't listen