Speaker 1: Thirty here I fifty bot KRC Detalk station, A very heavy Wednesday to you. Always welcome the return of Donald and Neil from Americans for Prosperity, helping you help us get good positive things happening in the state of Ohio. Donald and Neil, welcome back, my friend. Good to hear from you today, Brian, great to be with you again. And another great idea to save our salary Campaign AFPs launched this to support a two point seventy five percent flat tax. That sounds like a step in the right direction. Donovan, what's this going to mean if it's.
Speaker 2: Past Well, yeah, so you know we've mentioned this on the show before. Right, Ohio continues to be ranked in the middle of the pack in the number of policy areas economic competitiveness. Tax rates are one of those areas where we're thoroughly mediocre, and we have the opportunity here right to put through the state budget process. This is what we're doing right now, to call in the state Senate to get this done, to move Ohio from a top marginal rate of three point five percent to a flat tax of two point seventy five percent. It would be the lowest in the region. It would put us an competitive foothold, and most importantly, Brian for the promises these politicians have been making for decades now would get us best position to begin that march to a zero percent income tax, so we can be like Texas, Tennessee and Florida and reap the benefits of good, sound, fiscal conservative policies in the state.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, you know there's arguments against this, and Republicans dominate Columbus across the board, yet they typically don't do the right thing, at least in terms of traditional Republican party platform things, which would mean something like this. So where's the pushback coming from and what are the reasons that are articulated for the pushback, Like we can't afford to cut this to two seventy five. I'm sure somebody's making that argument.
Speaker 2: Donovan. Well, that's the nice thing about our opponents on this issue is their talking points, their tactics haven't changed. The tactic is, yeah, it's hey, we can't afford this. We've got all these services we have to provide. It would be catastrophic to the state. To those folks. What I point out, especially on the state income tax, you know, your roads and bridges are already paid for, Brian through your gas tax. Right, you're lost loop, Well, I'd like.
Speaker 1: To see the numbers on that, Donovan O'Neill. How much did they actually take in in taxes from the gasoline tax which was raised by the wine if I recall correctly, versus how much has actually spent out there on the roads what they claim the total of projects are cost Because I know a lot of complaints out in the world about the situation on our roads out there.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but what I do know is they keep working on this same stretch of highway by my house over and over and over again every year. So I don't know where if they just can't get it read the first time, or what it might be. But that's a fair question the effectiveness of it. And I think that's an important reason why you also want a flat tax. Right. The collection on a flat tax versus a progressive tax, the compliance not just for the state but for the taxpayer goes down significantly. Right, if it's one flat rate two point seventy five percent. You know, if you made I'm bad at math. I'm notoriously bad at math, Brian, Right, but you made you know, one hundred bucks in a year, two dollars and seventy five cents is going to go to Columbus. You don't need a CPA to tell you that. You just have to do some very simple fourth grade maybe now seventh grade math given our education quality this country. But well, it's the very simple math to figure that out. And so the compliance costs for individuals, employees, businesses drops, the state gets generally sees a higher share. We see this on the federal level with the Trump tax cuts. When they simplified the federal tax code, more money came in. Not because people were happy to pay more taxes, it was easier to comply, and so that the government the people got a better share of the money that was needed to be owed to the government. It's kind of walk crazy, but it make it works. So that's the idea behind this is simplify the tax code, make Ohio competitive, and really put us on a path to excellence.
Speaker 1: All right, I trust all how it has a version of the CBO of the the numbers and the impact on two point seventy five percent versus I. Honestly, Donovan, I don't even remember what our current tax rate is in Ohio.
Speaker 2: Well, we're down to two brackets two point seventy five, well, zero percent up to the first twenty six thousand dollars you earn. After that you have a two point seventy five percent rate up to around ninety seven ninety eight thousand dollars on the income for an individual or a married filing jointly, and then above that ninety seven or so thousand dollars is a three point five percent rate. And so this is something right too, that our opponents will make arguments about in saying, well, this is only going to benefit the wealthiest of the wealthy, right, the rich, the rich folks, the twelve billionaires maybe we have living in Ohio, right, But the reality is, you can very easily, in a simple family of four, right, a father who's maybe a police officer and a mother who's a teacher, with a few years of experience, easily get to that top marginal rate right over ninety seven thousand dollars right filing jointly. And so this getting to a flattox, the two point seven percent truly helps allow highlands, especially those working class middle of Highlands, middle class of Highlands who are just trying to keep.
Speaker 1: Their head above water.
Speaker 2: Yep, coming out of four years of bidonomics.
Speaker 1: Well, and if it does cost some belt tightening and columbus, then that's good. That's always a good thing. Donovan and Neil, Americans for Prosperity Call to action. How can my listeners help out and advance this in the Senate?
Speaker 2: Buckeye Blueprint dot Com slash soo s Buckeye Blueprint dot Com slash sos, save our salaries.
Speaker 1: Thanks for helping people get involved. Americans for Prosperities, Donovan and Neil, Buckeye Blueprint dot com s slash soos. I'll look forward to having another conversation. I'll keep my fingers crossed. This moves forward and makes the state of Behigh more competitive.
Speaker 2: Thanks for always having me, Brian, appreciate you.
Speaker 1: I enjoy it, man. I appreciate what you're doing out there too. Seven thirty six Congressman Warren Davidson Ready to talk about the big beautiful bill coming up next, don't go away. First word for USA installation, talk about a guaranteed return on investment. It is a guaranteed return. Remember a USA's film's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free you could probably save that much or maybe even more in your energy bill. When you're using your HVAC system, you will save money. It'll also make your home more comfortable every day of the week all year long, because while the phone's in there insulating the walls. My daughter and her fiance, we bought it for their home as a housewarming gift. I think they've only had to run their air conditioning like what one time so far this year. I was just visiting their home over last weekend and unbelievably comfortable, and I said, you know, what do you give your air conditioning on? He looked at me, said Nope, don't need it. That's the foam at work right there. So save huge amounts of money every month. It'll cover the ninety nine bucks a month, or at least you stand a good opportunity to do that, and eventually you pay it off, continuing the return on investment after it's over with savings guaranteed, twelve HUT dollars energy tax coming your way, credit coming your way next year when you're doing your taxes. On top of it, free inspection and free quote. Find out if you're under insulated or don't have any insulation five one three three eight, one three six, two six and three three eight one Foam online at USA installation dot Net fifty five k R.
Speaker 2: C Hey