Speaker 1: Seven thirty two. Happy Wednesday to you, Judge Ennen of Platona. One hour on tariffs and the legality of tariffs, at least the way Donald Trump's doing it should be rather interesting. Prior to that, it's the best one two punch in Radio with Congressman Thomas Messi joining us to talk about the Dual Loyalty Disclosure Act as well as the country of origin labeling. Can we get that back and maybe we'll get a comment or two on tariffs from him in the meantime, Welcome back to the fIF You have Casey Morning Show from Americans for Prosperity, Donovan and Neil. Great to have you on, Brian, always good to be with you. So we got a big event coming up on Palm Sunday.
Speaker 2: That's right, we sure do. It's a fiscal sanity rally, something I think our country is in dire need of, you know.
Speaker 1: Just let me get your reaction real quick before we talk about the details on that. He saw all the insanity going on over the weekend. Did you watch any of the videos of the people at these crazy rallies being in viewed and asked exactly what their problem was with Elon Musk, the work that Doge is doing, or Donald Trump generally. I mean, did you come across with any clear idea of what the hell they're talking about or protesting about Donovan?
Speaker 2: Well, you know one one no, and this is I'm trying to wind up for something. There.
Speaker 1: No, there's not.
Speaker 2: It's not really clear. And you know, here's something I think is important to keep in mind, right, especially as you look at different election results that just came in. There definitely is a number of folks out there who are who are frustrated, who are upset or angry. But I think here's what's key is they don't know why they are. They're just being told from progressive organizations that they should be upset with what's going on. I think what we've got to make sure we're doing, Brian Ryan, and you're a great megaphone for this in Southwest Ohio is connects folks to the importance of what Doge, what the President, what the new Republican majority Washington are getting done right. They're raining and the spending, they're working to create policies. They're going to put more money in people's pockets and unleash opportunity here in the United States, and so I think that the best way to combat that that nonsensical frustration that some folks seem to be having out there is connected to what these positive impacts are, because I can tell you sure tech they don't have a clear vision for the future of this country, and that's that's key as well. But I'm got to make sure we're staying out there and staying on message, because they got a lot of visibility over the weekend, but when you scratch beneath the surface, it really ain't that great.
Speaker 1: Well, And I think the visibility didn't do a much given much credibility because you know, I heard over and over again one of the main criticisms on their pre printed list of talking points, which didn't provide any really fundamental explanation for why they were screaming about medicaid. For example, you know you're going to take medicaid away for me, they're taking Medicaid away. I mean, my retort has been over and over no, look at what dough is uncovered. One point three million and illegal immigrants got put in the medicaid roles, and there's countless billions of dollars in fraud in the Medicaid system which Doge is revealed. To the extent you get rid of that illegal activity and those fraudulent or erroneous payments, you are going a long way to saving the program. I mean, Doge in the administration is doing the exact opposite of what they're accusing them of, which frustrates the living hell out of me that they're so clueless that they don't realize.
Speaker 2: That we all pay taxes, right, we all should expect that the tax dollars that go to Washington, DC are hard earned. Money that goes to Washington, DC is going to be spent well and spent efficiently. Right nobody's talking about ending these programs. Nobody's talking about cutting these programs. We're talking about making these programs run more efficiently so that the population that depends on them, our neighbors and friends who depend on these programs, have the ability to.
Speaker 1: Access to them.
Speaker 2: We can talk about whether these programs should exist in the first place of the time. Right now, we're just talking about making sure these programs are run efficiently. And I think that's something every tax paying American citizen should applaud. Finally happening for the first time in ages in Washington DC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, approaching government the way private businesses would approach it. We've got too many of these departments. We've got too much middle management. It's costing the shareholders a lot of money. We can run a more efficient operation, provide the same, if not better goods and services with less, and let's allocate the money to better products and goods and services. That is how a successful business runs. And of course we all know that is not how government runs. And this administration, at least for seeming the first time in my lifetime, is revealing that and doing something about it. I know you've got the big event coming up on Sunday. You want to talk about that. We'll bring Donovan and Neil for Americans for Prosperity back working with Restoring Liberty dot Us seven fifty five KARCD talk station. If you're having a half e Wednesday, Thomas Massey after the top of the air news Judge and Paulatano at eight thirty and then doctor j Russo, my good friends doing a making America Healthy Again power you seminar tonight and you can join it. I'm sorry tomorrow night you can join in the fund with that. We'll learn about that coming up. In the meantime, Donovan and Neil for Americans for Prosperity teaming up at Restore Liberty dot Us. The rally that we're having this Sunday. Where is it when the door opens and what are we going to be talking about? Who are we going to be hearing from? Donovan and'neil dan Well.
Speaker 2: We're partnering with the great folks at Restore Liberty and George I've been on the show talking about and I know you know George Well, they got a one heck of an operation there with Restore Liberty. These folks are getting together working hard to ensure conservative liberty oriented principles are happening in Southwest lives. So we're partner with them, partners empower you and Americans for Prosperity to offer a fiscal sanity rally and the lead up to that day that every bureaucrat marks on the calendar and counts down for Tax Day April fifteenth, But we're going to get together April thirteenth. They're at the Double Tree in blue Ashelan Kemper Road. Double Tree in Blue Ashland, East Kemper Road. Doors open at four point thirty. We're gonna have a dinner buffet. Program will begin at six o'clock and we'll get together again talking about fiscal sanity, recognizing that we're at a critical inflection point with this country, whether it's you're looking at our national debt, you're looking at the waste and abuse in our in our federal government, even on the state local level, making sure we're remaining fiscally sane at those levels as well. We're gonna be talking about it all. It's gonna be a great opportunity to get plugged into what's going on, identify some action items that you can as a you know, as a participant, take part in to make sure that from our state, local, federal government levels, we're driving fiscal sanity up and down the ladder. Because this is about the future of our our country. It's about the future of our our for our children, and that's what we're gonna be talking about this Sunday. There's a double Tree on East Kemper Road, doors open at four thirty.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I'm looking at the notes from Restored Liberty dot us and in explaining what's going on on, you left out a critical word when you were referring to dinner buffet. It says complementary dinner buffet. You want to get people in the doors man, you can. It's free food and all this wonderful discussion about fiscal responsibility. So I'm just trying to increase the num. Reveal who can make it, and I'll be honest with you. George Brunneman from Restoring Liberty dot Us did invite me, and we're having a Palm Sunday meal at my mom's that was already on the calendar and family comes first, So sadly I will not be able to make it, but I know it's going to be an extraordinary event. Any special speaker is going to be there, beyond maybe you and George and others.
Speaker 2: Well, they're putting together a number of locals. I don't think they've fully released the list yet, at least they haven't given it to me yet, but I would say register, you'll get updates. We're expecting a packed house, a good crowd, a great program, and if you care about fiscal sanity, if you want to get in a fight and help push back against some of the craziness that you saw over the weekend around Entry, this is the place to be we're gonna be We're gonna be talking fiscal sanity, We're gonna be talking making the Trump tax cuts permanent. And this is the kind of stuff we need to be doing and follow through on from the votes we cast last November.
Speaker 1: Well, and of course that's going to require engagement from my listeners and getting in touch with their elected officials. Any reaction on what's going on in d C with the you know, the whole process with the reconciliation, and the Senate came out with a proposal and the Republicans are now struggling with that and maybe some holdouts. Do you do you have any insight or thoughts about that process that's going on right now, Donovan.
Speaker 2: Well, so we've always known it was going to be a tenuous situation, right when you bring Congress is famous for one thing, failing to follow through on what it says it's going to do, right, and so we knew there's going to be a tenuous situation here. Well, I think you know, the House is done, it's vote. Senate it's done, it's vote. It's a long winding road to work through this convoluted reconciliation process. Congress and Vassy can give you. We'll definitely be able to give you a better insight than I can there. But I think with key is is everything's moving along as need and with a number of our staff at an annual retreat and some of our federal government affairs. For folks who lobby on the Hill, what they've been saying is this is actually moving along a bit faster than folks were expecting. And so I think that's a good sign. The grassroots pressure is key here right continuing to send the message to Washington, to your elected officials, this is what we sent you there to do, to unleash energy abundance, to secure and front our border, and most importantly, unleash prosperity by making permanent the Trump tax cuts, the one big beautiful bill of Senate got done, you know, started to have a vote procedural vote on over the weekend. Move that ball down the line, gets that much closer to President Trump's desk, And ultimately what's important is relief, much needed relief for Americans who have experienced four years of Bidenomics and are ready for that to end.
Speaker 1: Well, and I'll tell you what one thing that you hit on energy policy, If we could get some sanity and not only restore liberty, but restore senate our energy policy. I know Trump's embraced this all the above approach, even talking about bringing back coal. But abundant and inexpensive energy is really what drives growth in the economy. You know, if it doesn't cost as much to run a factory, it doesn't cost as much to you know, heat and air conditioning your house. That frees up money which otherwise can go to the economic engine of this country. And we have stood in the way of energy policy for so long under this climate change crap. And my favorite favorite point on that is just standing in the way of pursuing modular nuclear technology, which is, you know, it's efficient, it's small footprint, it generates just infinite amounts of energy. And there's so many of these environmental alarmists standing the way of nuclear keeps screaming about three mile Island in Cherniobil as if the technology is the same as it was in the nineteen seventies. No, it's not. I mean, we've got the answer to their concerns about carbon dioxide aka tree food, and it exists now and we can have it. It's but for all of these people standing in the way with their regulations rules and screaming about it. And I don't know what they're screaming about in terms of that it's the answer to our problems.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, who was against cheap abundant energy, right, And I think that modular nuclear is the right thing. And you know in Columbus they're working on energy legislation. Here in Ohio, we're going to have once this legislation gets to the governor's desk. The goal here is to get site approved within forty five days. So if you've got an energy generation site you want to build in the state of Ohio, the state of Ohio on its end of the approval process, we'll get that done in forty five days. The bet there is to put more pressure on the federal government. And we've got a lot of allies at that level now, right, But yeah, put that pressure on the federal government to get these products, to fix the EPA, to fix its federal permitting processes so we can get energy generated, bring down that cost for Americans. And that's a big key part of manufacturing too, right, right, how to have abundant, affordable energy to make manufacturing makes sense in the United states again, and so across the board, consumers to manufacturers to business. It all matters. Energy is at the heart of it all.
Speaker 1: It certainly is. And I had a conversation on the Morning show the other day with vivig Ramaswami, and I mean, he is on board with everything you've been talking about this morning, So he sounds like the right man for the job. He's all in favor of lowering taxes, in fact, hopefully getting rid of income taxes in the state of Ohio to level the playing field with those other states are the biggest draws for business and industry, the ones that don't have any income tax.
Speaker 2: It warms my heart brand to here folks this early in the process talking about the future Ohio in such a way right where we're going to yes, well that the conversation isn't about how much we're going to grow government the state of Ohio. The conversation looking at twenty twenty six is about what are we going to cut, what are we going to change, what are we going to do to transform Ohio to b the economic engine not just as the Midwest but of the country, and most importantly moved from middle in the Midwest to number one in the nation. These big, bold ideas that folks are talking about, I think we're critical and we like it.
Speaker 1: At AFP.
Speaker 2: We like the fact that folks are talking about elimiting the income text because that's what we think it's going to take to really put Ohio on the map and make folks look here to site their projects.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed so Double Tree Blue Ash sixty three hundred East Kemper Road. Doors open at four pm. Rally begins at five. Complementary dinner. That's this Sunday, April thirteenth, aka Palm Sunday Information to Restore Liberty dot us. And as we always end, if folks want to get engaged, get involved and stay in touch with AFP, which website you want to turn them to, Donovan, Well, yeah.
Speaker 2: Go to go to protect prosperity dot com. Protect prosperity dot com. That's the key for all the stuff we're working on on that national level, like we were talking about today, Protect prosperity dot com. Until we talk again, donald'neil, have a wonderful event on Sunday. I'll look forward to our next conversation and keep up the great work with AFP. Really appreciate it. Thanks Brian, take
Speaker 1: Care of my brother seven fIF