Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: We are actually live right now from Wimbledon.
Speaker 3: Hello everyone, and this is a first ever face to face podcast.
Speaker 2: It is. That's amazing, isn't it.
Speaker 1: We've come so far, I know, not even talking over the phone anymore with their in real life. And he hasn't catfish different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they said I was twenty three and blonde.
Speaker 1: Then you're wearing clothes on the photo as well.
Speaker 2: What you've just finished practice? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was all right playing okay hot today?
Speaker 2: Killer isn't it here?
Speaker 1: But yeah, I have my shaves on, got the Oakley sunglasses.
Speaker 2: Yeah that stick to your hea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't look amazing, but I can see when I throw the ball up.
Speaker 3: Well, you know when someone's a real tennis coach when they take off their Oakley's and they've got the perfect white imprint.
Speaker 2: Of their Oakleys. Yeah, lines, then they're real.
Speaker 1: That's the real. You've completed the tennis tand lines if you've got that going on?
Speaker 2: Who did you practice with today?
Speaker 1: I practice with David Stevenson against Bart Stevens and kerk of their third alternates, but their friends have oursd We spent some time with them in Asia last year, so.
Speaker 2: It was good. Good to play points in practice.
Speaker 1: Or six for us to love them, and we lost the tybreag eight six or something.
Speaker 2: Right, And what are you going like?
Speaker 3: What percentage are you going out at?
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd say you're going through it. But it's not life or earth. You don't get to annoyed if you're winning or losing. But you're going after your serve. You're practicing things more than you would in a map. So I was practicing being aggressive on the return rather than making them thirty or but it turned out all right.
Speaker 2: And then straight back into the Players restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a bit of food, so we got the car back, got some food and here I am.
Speaker 2: Now can you get bad food? Like? Could you get chips?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen them in the Players sound. There's a pasta station. You can make it calorific. You can get cream, sauce and cheriso and all the good stuff. But I mean the food's really good.
Speaker 3: At but you couldn't get like a little chef Olympic breakfast and all day breakfast.
Speaker 1: No, I think they do onmelets. And there's a.
Speaker 2: Shame, and yeah, call themselves a grand Slam.
Speaker 1: There's no Greg's Benedict.
Speaker 2: But just as a little guide of where we are.
Speaker 3: We're right in a shadow here of number one call, like the practice called entrance. Lots of players walking in and out. And I guess today first day wind Wooden and it's really busy back there.
Speaker 2: Is it it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can't actually find anywhere to sit down and eat, so we just stay on like a ledge just now, but you roll with it by by Thursday, Friday or the or the idiots go home and then you're left for me. It rained a lot last year, so I was actually here until second Thursday playing yeah, which sounds amazing, but really are one two mixed doubles matches?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And they were all out of the Carborific pasta station.
Speaker 1: Yeah they were.
Speaker 2: You destroyed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's different this year. They've got like they've got taste of Asia today and tomorrow the Italy Day and then I don't know what they're going to.
Speaker 2: Do for French sausage roll. Yeah that's what we need. Yeah, what's your first ever wind Wolden memory?
Speaker 1: I remember watching it, I remember the years I remember watching it growing up the sam Press. I see those kind of players hemman obviously, but I was invested. I was invested. I remember Goran lost to Sam Press at one final. I had a towel in his head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the gore and your guy, isn't he my guy?
Speaker 1: When he won it in two thousand and one, I was over the moon, and I remember my mom wouldn't tell me. You had to record it on the cassette back then, and it was Monday it finished, and she wouldn't tell me who won, and I had to get in and watch it. She did tell me before because well she didn't give it away by a new yeah one. Yeah, I had to press play, yeah and watch.
Speaker 3: You can't avoid results now, can you know? It's just impossible. Yeah, Like our kids are never going to be able to avoid a result.
Speaker 1: No, it's all online now or a lunch break or.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah. I remember.
Speaker 3: My first win with a memory is actually Chris Bailey against Stevenisovich. Bailey had match points and even Nissovic hit a second serve ace.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did that a lot though, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh yeah, he just went.
Speaker 3: But it was huge, and it was before the big screen, and I was sitting outside with my mom and my grandma watching it on the scoreboard and hearing the cheers and John Lloyd come and sat next to us.
Speaker 2: You do and did the same, and.
Speaker 3: He was all made up for telling that big scream before the big screen.
Speaker 1: Was it wasn't called Hemmer Hills for ten months.
Speaker 3: Henman was about but he hadn't done, he hadn't made the hill. Yes, yeah, that's right. Yeah, I would say probably ninety four or five something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I don't remember much from there.
Speaker 3: No, No, what's I mean day day one of Wimbledon as I walked over to that to Church Road because I'm here with my wife today and like we just walked over that hill and you see it. It's so goose bumpy in there, it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually like when i'm here obviously I'm in work more, but when I come and hit sometimes during the year and you walk down that hill and you see it's. Yeah, there's something about it. I don't know what it is, but I get them, like when it's quiet like yesterday Sunday, just walking around it. It's just there's something about it. I don't know what it is, but it is is pretty elite here, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's unreal.
Speaker 3: And as a Crystal Palace fan, we've recently been to Wembley twice and there's that bit on the tube where you see the arch and stuff, and that's a bit kind of hairs on the back of the neck. Yeah, but nothing compares to this, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's something about the place and how it looks. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the wind way.
Speaker 1: It's only one Wimbledon.
Speaker 2: Yes, true. What's so what's the rest of your day look like now? Because I know we're going to do a quick quick pod today.
Speaker 1: So now I've got to go and pick up some shirts and get the patches, so I don't do it. I give it to the seamstress. Yeah, who's patches on my matt shirts. I've then got to go and see the physio get some treatment. And I'm actually going to get out of here today slightly early because the last two days been pretty intense. Yeah, so like today and tomorrow are going to be short today tomorrow especially.
Speaker 3: And we're going to catch up tomorrow. I'm here again. I'm with my best mate tomorrow. So we better do this early. Otherwise our slur and sing a song to finish it.
Speaker 1: Well, that might be a good thing, might go The lessons.
Speaker 2: Can't wait till tomorrow mate.
Speaker 1: Thank you all for listening. You've been amazing.