Speaker 1: Saint Helens and Wire got a big headache. Both losses would have been tough to take. Yorkham Bulls both chalked winds up. Giants look condemned for the Wooden Spoon Cup leads set the paced KR lost to Lee for all the updates here, John Lee. Welcome to the twenty eighth episode of Super League three sixty, a podcast primarily about the top tier of British rugby league, but we talk about the NRL and whatever else takes our fancy too. My name is Lee Addison, my name is John Davidson. I'm a coaching Australia. John a journalist in the UK with an Aussie accent, and I'm pretty convinced you can tell by my voice that I wasn't born and raised in Brisbane where I live. To read more about us, have a look at the intro or listen to all pods. You can also listen to this on the Ashes Rugby League Rugby League Coach podcast platforms, as well as a Rugby League YouTube too, where you can watch. It may be a little late today, but if you subscrib to those you want, mister thingo. So thanks to Rugby League dot Com, the Super League table as it stands right now, John, do you want to preview it for us? Well, I just click on the link to get rid of the awkward silence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of movement in the table, speaking of a lot of people going up, a lot of people going down, a lot of jocking for positions and what we've got nine rounds to go. Roughly when Warrington the whole car, I've gone next one. But yeah, we're really getting to the business time, so it's getting very interesting.
Speaker 1: So eighteen games played already, and as John just intimated, ok Are and Warrington still got an extra game to play. So they're on seventeen. Giants has rock bottom still and looked to be condemned to there for good, I think, because they're six points behind all Left C who are falling down quite considerable as well. The Giants are in fourteenth on four, were Left C in thirteenth on ten. We then have a cluster of four on twelve and working backwards, it's cast in twelfth, Bradford eleventh, York Night's tenth and to lose in ninth my team in eight. The Catalan Dragons are on sixteen, Saint Helen's are fall from grace and now outside the playoff Sports there seventh on twenty two. But they need not despair too much because they're one of three teams on twenty two. Lee Leopards and sixth and Jo k Are in fifth. But like I said, O k Are have that extra game to play against Warrington who are above them on fourth. They've got twenty four. We've got two teams on twenty six. That's Wakefield Trinity in third and Wigan Warriors in second, but leading the pile at the moment and it's looking pretty much rusted in for a good while. That's Lee Rhinos at the top of the tree on thirty points. So what jumps out to you there, Johnny boy.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the big ones are obviously hullo Ce moving down to second last, and then we've got York and to Loose jumping up obviously to Loose now in ninth, which is a great achievement in York three wins in a row now in tenth. And then the other big one is obviously Saint Helen's slipping out of the top six. Obviously embarrassed is what their coach described. They're lost to to lose today, Lee moving up and Warrington slipping down a bit as well, with Wigan now in second and Wakefield just ahead of them as well. So More in turn have been in first and second for most of the season slipping in four. So what's to play for at the moment.
Speaker 1: There are a few things in the ladder that do jump out to me, Wakefield cementing themselves as one of the one of the top side, Saint Helen's dropping out of the seven league climbing up now, but also Hull Left C's slipping to close to oblivion. The only reason they're not in oblivion is Huddersfield are already there. York twenty beat Hull Left C sixteen tries to offer luma for your to York for enough Aluma Benison, bam, fourth Williams and two goals to Bennerson. Hu Left C's points came from Caesar Briscoll Bachelor and two goals from Hardacre. That's a third consecutive Super League victory for York and that's actually the first time it's ever happened in there in their illustrious time in Super League.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a big it's a big result. Three wins that are pushing them up again at the table, and as we all know with the kind of IMG criteria, performance is a big one. So the higher York can finish up the table be better for them. Same with to lose in terms of them staying in Super League this year. Cody Hunter again very influential for York. The Australian half pack, but I think it's really hol of c. I mean, just poor, so many errors, bad defense. It's just another season pretty much of the same for it has been for quite a while.
Speaker 1: Now let's go back to York. They've had some investment or they could have some investment coming. Can you elaborate on that? Yeah, weave in the news item. I can elaborate a little bit. I haven't had the investment yet.
Speaker 2: They're in talks with I think some of the reporting around this has been wrong, But what I do understand is there and talks with two groups. One is local based and one is not. Nothing's over the line as yet, but it seems like they're in a good place in terms of this happening. So that's a positive for York in terms of their future and their financial security. There has been I think reports about Clint goodshoal leaving now. I don't think that's nailed on either, but you know that's a wait and see at this stage. But yeah, there's obviously things happening behind the scenes at York. We've talked about them a fair bit in terms of their finances, but I think most people would say, with York their first ever season in Super League, you know, a good, good coach. You know, they're on a very very low cap spend, but they've got potential. You know, nice stadium, fantastic city, They've got potential as a club. So I think the smart thing would be to give them time to build on that potential and give them an extended stay in Super League to see what they can what they can do long term. I think, much like to Lose a few years ago, you in one Super League, when you're in Super League and then you kick them out, what does that really achieve? Not a lot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the rumors are starting to spread out now that it could come down again to led screens and things like that. I mean, if York haven't been in a great addition to Super League, then I'm the pulp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think I think to Loose have been a very good in addition too, and then you look at their scores. What are those scored one hundred and six points in the last two games against Catalans and St. Helens. Yeah, I think it's a I think it's a similar story. Both those clubs are competing with less money and they've not really, you know, complained about it publicly. They've just sort of copped at sweet basically, And you know, I think I think in both those places there's potential. You know, I think we need to help the French game, and having two Super League clubs in France is a big bonus for the for the sport globally, for Europe being regularly. I don't think either of those it's coming down to IMG. It's not going to be about solely on the table. But I don't think either those clubs should be out of super League having come in what six months ago or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: Well, if Toulouse haven't added something to super League, then I am papa or whatever they call it in French, are mad, which is French for shit?
Speaker 2: What? What? What?
Speaker 1: What do you senses going on with all the whole f C at the moment, because they seem to have started to really fall off the perch.
Speaker 2: Look, I think we look back to last year. They had a good year and John Carter right his first day. I think recruitment wise, they had made some odd decisions to sign a lot of senior players, a lot of older players, some with some gubius injury records. I don't think that's necessarily paid off for them. And I think the whole facade around John Cartwright and getting rid of him, you know, and then the kind of excuses that they shot out as a club was was very poor, you know. And I don't I don't think you know, I don't think it's washed the Steve mtt namara. He is a good coach and maybe a great appointment next year you might be able to turn things around. But they're getting worse at the club now, and I think you know that there needs to be real changes there. Yeah, it's just it's just clearly not good enough for French.
Speaker 1: For the Pope is la pop. I knew everybody was worried about that, so I thought that just quickly google it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, yeah, for for a problem size of policy, for being down, you know, the fan base size that they have, They've they've been very ordinary for part too long.
Speaker 1: There's something a bit bigger there going on than can be fixed by changing a coach. Are you are right to pull you up blind down a bit, John the Yes, the English summer is beaming through your window. Huddersfield fourteen Bradford thirty. Another team that I've had plenty to Super League Bradford on the road there. Thirty came from Sutton, Nicarima, Blake, Ryan and they all scored tries, but Actin added seven goals tries for Huddersfield, two from Swift, one from Mill and a goal from Russell. So apparently that's Bradford's first away win of the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's an interesting start.
Speaker 1: Look, well, if you're going to get one, if you're going to get one, yeah, at.
Speaker 2: Least early on. I think Addisfield had a bit of a dig and showed some showed some character as a soft opening try. But for Hard it's eleventh loss in a row. Jim Learning he still looking for a winner's new coach.
Speaker 1: And I thot that was a bit I thought that was a bit ropy what he said about I thought he was going into the territory of doubting the integrity of refereees and officials there, which is never a good sign.
Speaker 2: No, I think the worrying thing is that what was a four diary against Wakefield it looked like, okay, they've maybe they've turned a bit of a corner and you know, showed some real courage and then magic they were very poor and then for the majority of the game against Bradford they were poor. They did have patches you know, with of course bradasts and problems. But yeah, much like say I think with Huddersfield, the issues are you know, in the front office and off the field. And I have been for quite a while the you know, the people who are doing the hiring and fire of coaches, who are making the decisions at the club, who are recruiting. It's not the head coach is I think it needs a major overhaul from start to finish. And as you said, you know, they can bring in all the led boards at the stadium that they're not going to be playing out next year all they like, and that will doubtly help the Iron j create criteria, but they're rubbish on the field. Their fanbase is dwindling, they've got next to no media profile, and they say the sponsorship is going up and that may be the case, but I don't really understand if you're a brand, why would you want to sponsor Huddersfield Giants right now? Like what would you appel be?
Speaker 1: I think if Huddersfield survive in Super League and say York didn't because of some which is like criteria could happen?
Speaker 2: Could happen?
Speaker 1: I don't think that passes the smell test, the pub test or THETF test.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think the thing is the criteria. There are different ways, aren't they. So it's not all performance based, the is it is obviously London. Now London being in the Championship just basically dilutes the kind of whole idea of the Championship. You know, when you're putting one hundred points on or more on teams and they're a full time operation, it just makes zero sense. But if you're not going to go to fifteen teams, you need one team in Super Lea to drop out. Now, you know, Huddersfield have been pretty rubbish for well, I mean, if we want to be if we want to be technical for a decade, barring one or two seasons.
Speaker 1: That have mald most of the vast majority of their Super League tenure has been very poor.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes they're not. They're not really advanced as as a club. They've not had any succe sustained success. Easy for you to say, yeah, it is so yeah. I think from the small test you would think york Can to loose deserve a longer run, But stranger things have happened. Lee. I think it would be very rugby league for Haddersfield to end up staying in and then and London to stay in the Championship and you know, Yorking to lose to to stay in Super League, or a combination of to loose dropping out. I think people forget there is a lot of any French sentiment in the game. And I think the only reason really that to Loose came in is because they won the Grand Final. I think if they'd lost that Grand Final there would have been an easy continue to say well we don't we don't want them, But the fact that they won the Grand Final, if they didn't get into Super League, it would have looked very poor, wouldn't it.
Speaker 1: So for another project, yesterday I was looking at the history of the Rugby League World Cup and what was very evident was that around about the seventies fans started turning away from it because of all the tinkering that rugby league did with the tournament, i e. Sometimes it was just a group stage, other times it was a knockout thing, so on and so forth. So it actually made a shambles out of the whole concept of a World Cup. And I think the mini rugby league administrators, particularly in the UK, start to be a bit too cute with their thinking. Ie some of the thoughts that are going into why one team should stay in Super League and another shouldn't. Honestly, it just makes the general populace think WTF when they look at this. And I think it would be good for Huddersfield, regardless of your criteria, in two to channel some England football fans chance they can stick their IMG gradings up their dairy air, because I think sometimes there's things that come outside of whatever gradings you put down on a piece of paper, and I actually genuinely think it would be good for Huddersfield to drop down for a little bit to recalibrate as an organization, to recalibrate as a football side, rather than constantly trying to survive in Super League and paying goalvers for people, it would actually be good for them. It would be good for rugby league people in the town to drop down and to have a good think, not for two months and come out with some gimmicks that make people feel all warm and fuzzy for a while. And yes, I'm going to say the word unleashed. The only thing they've unleashed is a pile of manure all over this super League this year. So they need to have a good sit down and a good think everybody involved in the game as to what we do with a club that is based And I think this is part of the problem. We're so desperate to keep them in because it's the birthplace of the game, but we are hostage to something that happened one hundred and thirty one years ago to an extent. So I really really really felt awful this week when I was reading, because I sent you a message to saying Huddersfield going to stay in and York drop at Any hint of that to me would probably want me to not watch super League for a bit.
Speaker 2: Put it that way, Yeah, it's definitely possibility that that could happen. I think on the relegation and it's interesting that happened, what was it twenty one, twenty two years ago, when Tony Smith was there, and they obviously came back into Super League straight away and that was a good period for the club. Yeah, I think the other and think the championship would help them essentially get their roster because there's a lot of players there, you know, who've been this' been there for a while, who are onovers and who aren't delivering, and they really need to, you know, have a complete rethinking about their recruitment. But the type of player they sign, the type of characters they want at the club, and they you know, whatever they're doing to scaut players and you know how they're trying to build a squad, they really need to overhaul that because it's clearly not been working for quite some time.
Speaker 1: And you know, they're in real trouble. When the coach came out saying for those who don't know what I'm talking about, google Jim Lenihan, was it subconscious bias or unconscious bias about referees and compare that to compare and contrast is the essay question with what Thomas Tukele said to the media immediately after England's quarter final victory and the FIFA World Cup. He would have every reason to doubt some of the decisions that the referee made in that game, but his first reaction was to say you can get more out of the players basically, and I'm very much paraphrasing there, and I think Jim Lennhan is also pushing for the panic button a little bit too early. In my thoughts there, I note's about their opposition to Bradford Bulls. There must be some serious grit in that organization. There must be some serious resilience and in to lose and in York quite frankly, but we're on Bradford right now. Well, first of all, the way their fans have turned out in force this year been really good to see. And I do know once again that in terms of the smell test and the pub test, there's a few questions students as to why Bradford got brought into the division but in all fairness, they finished in the top three of the division below, so play on if you ask me. And what a great addition they've been to Super League this year and it's something different. They're playing on a smaller field at home, as have mentioned five hundred and eighty five times on this pod, and it's good to see something different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's done a great job there galvanizing the team. There was a lot of late recruitment and I think they'll look very different next year. Quite a bit ambitious with who they're trying to sign, but I think that the style of play he's put together is quite easy on the eye and it's a little bit different than a lot of the other teams. So they are they are doing a good job. It'll be interesting. I think we're all wondering how that those three will fare at the end of the season. I think most people would have them between tenth and fifteenth, but who finishes what we're or if someone could finish higher, and what are to lose? Are they ninth at the moment? I think they are ninth? Yeah, I mean that. I think, you know, one of those clubs finishing eighth or ninth would be would be massive, and it's not It's not impossible, particularly considering only four point spot on cat Lands at eighth now, So it's going to be it's going to be an interesting what two three months We've got a footy to come.
Speaker 1: How much waiting in AMG is actual performance on the field, I'd.
Speaker 2: Have to double check exactly, but I think it's I think it's a fifth. I think it's twenty percent. So I have to lose one the cup. Yeah, I mean led screen. They might be in trouble. It's taken over a three a three year period. But yes, if they won the if they won this year, that would definitely help them a lot. But they're not going to win the CAMP mean, we can safely say.
Speaker 1: That they only have to finish the top six and it's a new competition. Catalan six Leeds Rhinos twenty eight. But the Catalan six came from Titan. I don't think it was the boxer and Sexton kicked the goal. Leeds Rhinos twenty eight came from Newman, three from Croft and another one from Miller and Connor got four. Where was Civo Brody Croft scoring the hat tricks today? Well, when they played and that's a four point lead thanks to their success in France, But here the Catalans have been described in relatively glowing terms as stubborn, So I don't assume the Catalans didn't roll over to be trampled on by a set of rhinos. No, not completely. I think you know, the first try was off a kick. One of the Brady Croft tries was sort of an error from Lewis Dodd that he picked up and did quite well, the kind of you know, dashdown sixty meters in a vader tackle on score.
Speaker 2: I think it's just the way Leads are playing. Maybe you know they're they're winning basically every week. They're very confident, They've got a well balanced team. I think they hadn't won Leads had one impurposely on for quite a few years. So I think that was another big motivation. And I think it might have been Callum Watkinson's three hundredth game for the club, which was also another big motivation. So bigger all from Bradi Croft with the with the hat trick and you know Leeds I think, I mean, I know it's mathematically possible for Wigan and Wakefield to catch them, there's only four points, but I think the way they're going Leads, I can't see them not winning the League Leaders Shield and finishing top at this point. I think the minor Premiership is there's the playoff system. The top two get a week off, don't we? Yeah? You were you? Really that's you know, you want to finish first or second? I think that that's the big you know the fact that you only really need to get a week off, and you only need to win one game and then you're basically through and you get a home game, don't you you do? Yeah? So really first or second?
Speaker 1: Tomato tomato, except you get a trophy if you finish top. Back to cattle Ands, and there's rumors abound that John cart Right might be staying longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think that's the obvious choice, and I think it'd be a decent choice. They've been very busy obviously in the transfer market the other week with Tyson game. But it looks like Toby Rudolph from Kranala he might be joining them too. I don't think there's any deal done yet, but I think he's going to be leaving Cranala and he's looking for a move. Wasn't there there's another signing potentially coming from for cattle Lands. Off the top of my head, I can think. But look, I think, as we all know, they've kind of got a bit of a makeshift squad this year with Sexton going to Perth. There's a few others who are who were moving on as well. Benk carc is retiring, so it's a bit of sort of a fluid squad for them. So I expect, you know, quite a bit of recruitment and they've already done with it. Jesse. Arthur's going from the Broncos to to Catlans as well. The thing with Catalans, it's obviously such a lovely place to live, and also the tax is quite a lot lower, so in terms of a salary being paid in euros equivalent to the UK, you can take home a lot more with the lower tax freight as well.
Speaker 1: I think this is the result of the week. Oh no, potentially to lose his Wakefield went to whole k Are and inflicted their first on them for eleven games. Wakefield got twenty at the home of aull Kr, who scored six, so only three goals from Martin no tries, and Wakefield's tries were far till he got two. Smith scored another try and Smooth kicked three goals.
Speaker 2: Did you see this game, John, I did? I mean yeah, I think the to loose result is the one of the round. But that's taking nothing away from Wakefield, big big result for them. They're obviously in a really rich, finer form at the moment, a very tight game, a lot of penalty cars, not a lot happening in terms of attack. But the christ fatility showed two tries basically you know, Barge hit ups right in the trial line, taking several defenders over him. He's a massive unit. But you know, okay, I'm sure they've done They did the video on before and would have known he was danger but it just couldn't contain him. Considered another try close to the line from the hook go early on. So it's a bit of a worry for Okay. I mean, there's real cracks developing there. I think we've all seen this year that they're nowhere here as dominant or as omnipotent as they were in twenty twenty five. But they've just lost that invisibility and you know, they're in danger of missing the sixth their fifth at the moment. I don't think they will miss the top six, but I think it's going to take a bit of a turnaround towards the end of the year to sort of, you know, show that they can go on and really challenge in the big games. I don't think that's impossible, but I think also it is a bit of an aging squad and you think maybe they're not really I don't they've got much player movement happening at that club. I think maybe that's something they might need to look at, just to kind of spice things up a bit, because without Matthalaurum and Hargraves have just seemed to have lost a bit of bike, particularly in the middle and in the forward pack.
Speaker 1: Lee twenty four Caster for eighteen. Lee no doubt inspired by the fact that the new Prime Minister elect, sorry not elect, nobody elected him, just a few people in Makerfield is as a Lee man, I think as a rule or a former MP there at least they're twenty four came from Lamb two from Armstrong and Hanley, who seems to be in a streak of form at the moment. Cook cooked up four goals, Cass eighteen from Hall rather Lawa Lao Lao ta Ganga and Stimpson. Stimpson kicked a goal. I didn't think he could kick a habit. Stimson is one of my old players. I used to call him the drill because he used to drill holes in the opposition defense and Arsi scored scored two. I don't know if this is necessarily a negative result for cattle FD either. I think they've obviously took the fight to Lee there and Lee are heading definitely in the right direction. They've got their ship together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how many wins now and is in a row for Lee, but they're on a big role. They've got some great momentum behind them. Lockie Lane was very good. David Armstrong is on fire at the moment. Two tries and after the blinder he scored of magic the week before, so they've got a lot of attacking weapons and I thought this game went right down to the last set cast. We're riding at so much better from cass after they were diabolical a magic.
Speaker 1: Magic Wigans Youth Team thirty tried from Cartwright Ken because Liam McDermott and Daniel care And kick five goals. I can't believe Keran didn't score a try this week. Probably probably in the two old bracket. It's only the eighteen to thirty group this week Warrington eighteen. Their tries came from Popowarti, Irwin and Ashton and three goals for Erwin, I joke, but Wigan did have a few young standings and good good result for Wigan and Wigan's future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a big.
Speaker 1: Worry for Warrington, I think too, to not put many gloves up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think. I think both both clubs fielded a lot of young players and I think, you know, both teams Shiner academies are really delivering just you know, some bright young talents both those teams. Wigan just you know sinder will that that toughness and that grind to get out a result. I really liked to share kind of coming off the bench Shay O'Connor coming off the bench relation. I don't believe so, but I can, I can find out. But yeah, he really caught the eye and cart right as well a fallback getting his first ever Super le try. Yeah. I think I think for Warrington's they are they're on a bit of a downward spot and I think I think they might have lee next week or they've got some tough games ahead, but then they've got an easier run, so I don't I don't think there's any concern that they will make the six, but they have got some injuries and I think you know, the a bit long confidence at the moment. There was a big call when you and Earl went over. But I think it was the right call in terms of the knock on. But yeah, I think Warrington were writing in this.
Speaker 1: Warrington have lost three in the last month, which I think.
Speaker 2: Against what leads Lee and now I think Wigan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bob again, I said anyway that their big tests were to come and right now they're not passing them. Yeah, but I think you put you put Cartel, you put Josh the others, you put Luke Rids, you put George Williams, she puts, I don't know who else, and Andrew Johns, reg Inglis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you put your puts and I think that we'll have some of those players back quite soon. So yeah, I don't I don't think there's real danger signs of Warrenton for me at the moment. I mean it might be different in a Fortnite, but yeah, I don't think that too. I don't think the hitting the panic baton as we speak.
Speaker 1: To lose Hammered Saint Helen's and I can't believe Paul Sculthorpe hasn't tweet tweeted about it that was gonna be my I was prepared. I was subconscious, but subconscious bias. I look for Paul Schulthorpe's tweets. But at home, Saint Helen's zero zip zilch to lose forty six and twenty of them were at half time, so it's not as if they had one but half Masami scored three or Jami, Okaine, chan Ulberg, Tropis and Laguerre scored the rest of the tries. Everyone had a crack basically, and Sharucks kicked seven goals. Where do we start from this game?
Speaker 2: I think olia Hershaw Bot had two or three tries this again, he was sensational, just like you was last week. He's I mean, he's having a good year anyway, but I think he's gone to a different level in the last couple of weeks. So I think we've got to give to lose credit because they absolutely destroyed Catalans last week and then they've done this in Saint Helen's. It's the biggest loss St Helens have ever had at the totally or whatever it's called now. It was the totally wicked stadium at their home ground and they moved in in twenty twelve. It's the biggest ever loss they've had. So that's a bit of an I saw and poor role. He wasn't poorny punches was he was called it embarrassing, he said some of his players gave up, and some mitigation in they've got fifteen or sixteen players out, but you still look at those who were playing and on paper, you know, they just they were woeful.
Speaker 1: The first time they've failed to score at home in the league since nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean the interesting thing at that club is that they do eat their own. Remember what happened with Karen Cunningham, Remember what happened with Paul Wells last year. And I think the knives for some of them, some fans at least they're already out for ball rollie, you know, and I'm not saying they should be. But it's a real rebuild at the club now. I don't think you can argue against that. You look at all the the staff who have left, players who have left obviously off field, you know, Wellens was going to the end of the end of last year. Paul sorry, James Roby left along with him, and then there's more the head of the academy is going, assistant coaches have gone, and I think some of the recruitment there not being disrespectful to some of the players that signed, but you wouldn't call them some Helen signings, and I think that's kind of showing as well. So yeah, I thought they might struggle this year just with their spine and who they signed, and yeah, you just you wouldn't expect a lack of effort in conceding that kind of amount of points. That's a real that's a real shocking result.
Speaker 1: For what Paul Rowlie can do this week going to the team and say, boys, it wasn't our record defeat as a club. That happened in nineteen oh nine when Warrington beat them seventy eight six, and I think, looking at the way it's written here, that was in Saint Helen's too, so so something for him to chew on this week. I should have mentioned this when we talked about the Wigan game, but unfortunately Junior and December were subjected to something not so nice on social media. But it seems that it's been acted upon by police. John, Yeah, I believe an arrest has been made.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't think it sadly it's something that we still have to address in twenty twenty six. But you know, it's just disgusting people. I don't get like why you would even why you would think that that's an appropriate thing to make a comment about our type.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what I do with some of these people is tell them to put a jersey on and promote them into Super League next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, well just get them to go down a Wigan training and you can you can try and tackle some places, but yeah, hopefully the appropriate action is taken by the police and he gets a he also gets a band from any rugular league games or any involvement, because yeah, there's no place for that kind of it's definitely a he I assume, yes. Yeah. Look.
Speaker 1: The sickening thing too is that rugby league in the UK has been an absolute trailblazer for gas relations. The first black professional coach in the country, the first black great national captain.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I could go on and on and on, and if there's one sport where we do welcome absolutely everybody unless they're from Saint Helen's and you're from Wigan or something like that. But yeah, the one sport where we welcome everybody. I think it leaves a very sour taste in the mouth and that certainly won't be the Rugby League tweet of the week. But a late entry from Gavin Wilson, when he was watching the Saint Helen's game, said, I wish John Wilkins was on the broadcast today, So that's my tweet of the week Johnny's tweet of the week. Have a quick think about a jab as well, because your tweet of the week was playing tennis in this weather? Wasn't the smartest? Now sweating like all some Wells in the Sahara. Maybe he should have changed that to Paul Wellens in the Saint Helen's boardroom. The first of all playing tennis?
Speaker 2: Is that? Are you inspired by Wimbledon? Is that was that worried? No? No, I played tennis because I'm old now and unfortunately there's no touch I love. I'd love to play touch fuddy, but there's no touch fuddy where I live. I played tennis semi regularly, but yeah, it was it was a bit hot, but yeah, the beers but we had afterwards were very refreshed. Did you win? Ah? We actually we stopped at for four in the first set because partly because we weren out of time because my partner had to go and pick up his son, and then partly because it was two body hot. So yeah, but usually.
Speaker 1: So that's that's the definition of a hydration break if you went straight for the beers as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we played on a loan. We were playing on a loan. You tweeted a picture, didn't you? Was that alone? Was that grass? No? No, I don't know what you would call it as some sort of acrylic concrete Sheffield crab.
Speaker 1: Basically that that would have been great for the heat as well, to really absorb the heat for you rather than reflect it back to your or or bemis. Back up, Have you got a job this week or are you feeling really good?
Speaker 2: I mean, I've got I've probably got a number of jobs. I mean, I find it interesting. I've put out a few tweets about about Huddersfield and just in my opinion, I mean, Huddersfield don't have any fans, but but a few of them have jumped into me and I think, I mean, I understand the concept of fandom. You know, you support your club no matter what, but it's not an attack on the club itself or the coach or the players. It's just honest observations, you know. I think most people would be and Arson would if Hudsfield were thriving, they'd be great. If they were getting you know, eight nine thousand games or more, they're at the top of the table and they were flourishing, that would be good. But they're not, you know, and that's why they're in the firing line. It's nothing personal, I think on that line. I think it was interesting. I'm sure we'll talk about origin later on the podcast, but yeah, well Laurie Daly's press was interesting after Save It.
Speaker 1: Save It, Okay, Yeah, because I'm going to talk about fandom after reading your free read that you did after the new South Wales game. Ian Nolan has been appointed as the Rugby Football League's new Chief executive. Officially, the forty four year old will start his role on the first of October, and he's previously held roles at Manchester United, BO and Science Sport.
Speaker 2: There's no point, there's.
Speaker 1: No point being too upset about them at the morning because at the moment, because the crap, so it's not that big a deal really. Any comment on the new RFL.
Speaker 2: I think we talked about that a week ago, two weeks ago, and we look. I think I think we mentioned how it was unusual that he was kind of parachuted last minute, wasn't it. He wasn't short listed. I just don't know how much power he'll say, you know, well, Sylvie Nigel Wood pulling the strings. I would imagine. Yeah. I think it's interesting that he's an outsider. He's not come from the RFL or from Clubland, because I think the last person to do that in a senior role was probably Richard Lewis, which was quite a while ago. So maybe he'll be more independent and challenge the status quo more than others. But we shall see. I think it's a hold year judgment at this point in on.
Speaker 1: Been good week for Wakefield. They extended their back roller as I have agna for five more years, and he's still on the twenty six.
Speaker 2: I've noticed. Yeah, I mean I think, I think, what's I think Wakefield are building a really good squad and particularly their forward pack. I know we talked about Fatilli before, but you know Fatilli Caleb hamlin Uelli might be making Obviously, it looks like Tyson Smith will be going the end of the year. But him, they've just they've just got a really big, tough rodwell tough forward pack, which I think they can really you know, basing a lot of their success around, and a lot of those players were, except perhaps mcmakon, sort of unheralded or unheard of arguably, but they're they've been great fines and they're really leading the way. State of Origin. Then go on, well, as the resident queens Lander on this podcast, Queenslander, Sorry, Queensland resident, I have no I have no I change every year who I want to win, sometimes of change mid game who I want to win. So well, I have to give you credit because last week you did tip the Blues and you and you called it. I was I've been watching Origin for well probably forty years, and it seemed to be a similar script in that, you know, decider in some corps. You know. Obviously the the Jay Arrow perhaps element added some extra emotion to Queensland and also the sort of feace, criticism and in fighting in the U SOL side. It looked pointed to me to to Queensland victory. But I thought the Blues were sensational. I thought that the selections were very good they played with a lot of passion, a lot of efficiency played out of their skins really throughout the team, and I thought, yeah, well, obviously being from you, so Well's I loved it. That was very enjoyable.
Speaker 1: I think the key word you used there was the script, and I think our media.
Speaker 2: Have been.
Speaker 1: Awful in terms of trying to write scripts. The phrase that I would like to use is hyperbole permeates. So Queensland one game one, sorry, Queensland won game two.
Speaker 2: In an era.
Speaker 1: Where because Rocks are so quick in the NRL right now, if you do get some momentum you can rack up the points. Basically New South Wales one game one, basically because Ponger got sent off.
Speaker 2: Yes, and.
Speaker 1: Our media and whoever listens to them couldn't wait to give Nathan Cleary Man of the match even though he did what he did against twelve people. The pressure put on that bloke is I've got a problem with the way that's done as well, because in game three he's now been talked about as a future immortal, etcetera, etcetera. He played well, but that's it. We need more sober analysis and I think I mean, since when has somebody backing up in support. Since when there's somebody doing a one on one strip, since when there's a half back dumming and going and scoring a trying been something more that needs to be immortalized, Like I just find our well, Like I said, I use the term hyperbole.
Speaker 2: I don't, Yeah, I don't. I don't think you. I don't think necessarily he's ashowing to be an immortal right now. But I would imagine those saying that would be basing it on his whole career and what he's achieved, not just one game. But I think by his own admission, the Cleary was very poor in Game two, particularly defensively, but it was one of his worst games in recent memory. And I think, yeah, I think he was brilliant on Wednesday, and I thought I was Mitch Moses. You know, he was pretty poor in game too as well, but he's passing his long kicking game. We're huge for Lynn Martin. You know, it was probably unlucky not when a man match, because he was sensational paineheas for no Blake Rhys Robson, you know, But I think I think we're clearly as we all know, he gets he gets to a long groove, particularly from himself. I thought he I thought he delivered.
Speaker 1: I look at it exactly for what it is, as opposed to try and come up with a a critique that is premeditated. I think it comes from a good place in a way, in the sense that I think the journals would like to crown a king. Yes, honestly, honestly, I mean, I've not found anybody who can tell me what Nathan clear he did apart from those three things I mentioned, push up and support, did a one on one strip that happened to lead to a try players try stripping the ball on about thirty percent of tackles in every game. And then the other thing was the dummy and goal. The amount of times I've seen Nathan Cleary and I've analyzed this and I've put stuff out there where he gets lost because he doesn't organize properly around himself, because he gets lost when he's not in the Penrith system, and sometimes he just goes a best run. Well, if you keep knocking on a door, eventually somebody's going to open the door. So look, I am not arguing that Nathan Cleary didn't play very play well. He did, but let me tell you this, Moses next to him was.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: First of all, his statistically was a lot better, kicked for a lot further, ran for a lot more meters. It takes it takes both halves to steer a team around, particularly when both of them are minded to be the organizers normally as well. So I just find the whole media narrative ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think that's a that's a separate thing. I think he's goalkicking clear, he was perfect, particularly the pressure one late in the second half when Whens were coming back. And I think it's also you know, the delivering those certain moments, particularly Origin, you know, opening try, beating four defenders, those are special things that not everyone can do well.
Speaker 1: So so no, not everybody. So nobody else on the field is capable of scoring the opening try in an Origin match? Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 2: No, what I'm saying is looking at that moment when he had the ball with nothing on and beating four players to score in that in that position, Well, no one else did it on that night. It doesn't happen in Origin like that in that instance. That often it has happened, and it will happen again. But I think that's the mark of a champion player who owned the occasion.
Speaker 1: I just think his hyperbole. Mate, He had a decent game, had a decent game, and he did most of the things he does. He does every every week anyway, kick well, move the ball around, good defender. As a rule, anybody could do a one on one strip. I don't honestly. And then pushing up in support, well, anyone, that's what happened. That's what happens when you get go forward.
Speaker 2: But he was the one who was who did it. Wasn't he He's the one who did it. I mean, anyone can push out and support, but he was the one that was there and scored the tryer. If he wasn't there, there was no try.
Speaker 1: So so how many how many times? How many times I've tried been scored in origin?
Speaker 2: Just this year?
Speaker 1: With people pushing up in support, why aren't they they getting rounders? Having owned origin?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's a combination of things. That's not a one off support owning gorriaging. Owning gorriaging is a combination of things. Well, I think game, Yeah, own origin, owning origing. Think about that term. You didn't use. So it's not it's not the first Origin he's playing in. It's not the first Origin series is one either fift series is one one. Just playing I think I think the stat that I saw that he'd been first decided he's won as a half more try involvements in Origin than Willy Lewis and Andrew Johns because he played more games. Maybe the case. Yeah, I mean he's going to play if he continues his career. Considering his twenty eight he's probably got another seven years.
Speaker 1: Arguably with Origin, I have no problemination clear of getting praise I get. I have a real problem with the hyperbole that is being used, with the with the absolutes that are being used a lot. He had a good game, he had a good game. I think it's an insult some of the things that have been written two people like Hudson Young and Liam Martin, and some of the things that have been said to who if if people if people. And I won't often use this phrase, but anybody who's played rugby league, coach rugby league knows that you don't have anything without people like Hudson Young, Liam Martin, Paying House, et cetera. The same things and our game.
Speaker 2: Is the same that Andrew John's had. You know, Ben Kennedy and Steve Simpson and Danny Bdeiris and and you know Wally Lewis said Ala Langer and ye know they didn't you don't. Yeah, it's a team sport. I completely agree with you there. I think the key element, particularly compared with Game two was the bench rotation that worked, and and particularly his middles. You know, for now a bloke was great, paying helfs was We're saying Rhys Robson I thought was quite poor in game two, but he's he's work. In Game one. His passing was very crisp, you know.
Speaker 1: You know the difference was John, They've got to go forward. They won the collisions, they won the rocks. Yes, who does that? Guess who does that for you? In ninety percent of games? Did you get Did you get any questions?
Speaker 2: John? A lot of questions are we're not talking about.
Speaker 1: Us as Oh yeah, worked out as well. That's another thing as well. Right, So look, I've been in Lourie Daly's company for about five minutes, and you know, when you just know somebody's a good bloke, he's a good bloke, and everybody says.
Speaker 2: Everyone says that that's right, right, but.
Speaker 1: They said out assistant coaches before the game on the morning of the game to brief the media on their interchange plans. On before Game three. They also tipped off to the media in the three weeks prior that players were backing Lorry Daily and Bloody Bladdy Blah so much so that I got the intel, if you like, and the vibe of what was coming because I tip Queensland to win the series three nil or two to one, with Ashley Klein getting the one. I think what's happened with New South Wales it has bottomed out so much and so quickly by game two again because of people's hyperbole about the outcome of Game two, rather than looking at it objectively, there's been panicing New South Wales. Lorrie Daly has gone, I'm not up to this.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: He won't use those words. But because after Game three then goes somebody said some to him in a press conference, he goes, I'm a leader. I'm a leader. That's what that's what we do. In other words, I use other people to to give me, to give me ideas. And the other thing is it took them three games to get their interchange thing right. And then the other thing as well is the other fellow coaching in the other coaching box who's never coached anything in his life before he coached Origin.
Speaker 2: We're watching him learning on the job. It took News.
Speaker 1: It's taken New South Wales three series to work out, or two series and two games that Queensland take three carries in and then shift the ball and play for second of that long to work that out. And they worked it out on Wednesday. And it works a hell of a lot better when you're completely dominating the rook and winning the battle in the rook and getting the go forward and stopping the opposition go forward, which is earned by in ninety nine percent of the cases forwards. So yeah, you used you to talk about Lorrie Daly's comments as well.
Speaker 2: Well. I think he was obviously very fired up, wasn't it? And I think though he wasn't specifically, he didn't name and I think the main point of his upset or angst was that that Korean courier male story, wasn't it. I think between after game one before game two and that that he was putting some of the New so Weals players to sleep. I believe that was the gist of the article. You could have just laughed at that. Yeah, I mean the interesting thing is I mean, look, you would like to think that the people who wrote it had numerous sources for that, or very good sources for that. But look, I think we also, and I'm not accusing them in this instance, we also know there are certain agendas running the sport. I know I've been the the subject of stories that were blatantly false, but that were pushed out by you know, certain people origin though too. I mean, it is no, it is odd. I'm not having a crack at Lorry. Look, I think you know, if you deliver in that and A, that's your opportunity to buy back, isn't it. And look he did that in spectacular fashion. Personally. You know I was critical after after game one end game two, but it's it's it was about the selections in the bench rotation. It has nothing to do with his you know, him being a human being or being a good bloke or not.
Speaker 1: I had to laugh at your message to me in the immediate aftermath, los Ball, What what's happened to fosball?
Speaker 2: By the way, Well, I believe I believe that was the NRL admin putting out los ball. Everything. It was you know we had angeball, didn't we and we had do we have petball? You know we've got every pepism I think, Yeah, yeah, I mean fosball. I don't really want to talk about that. But if you're you're winning by, I insist.
Speaker 1: Now, if you're winning by, where's where's your hyperbolic comment?
Speaker 2: Now? You should you should close that out. Really, That's that's all I got to say about that. Have they lost three of the last five something like that? Uh, they've lost the last two and I know that probably three of the last.
Speaker 1: Four, and they're outside the eight right now. Tooflect media guru that I am bulldogs, mate, they're even worse.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I think you know it could be worse. They could have been the Dolphins this weekend.
Speaker 1: They went to the have you know former Saint Helen's coach as well, the coach and the Dolphins. There must be something something in the water in the region.
Speaker 2: Paul Wells is on the Cowboys staff, so I'm sure he enjoyed the victory. This morning.
Speaker 1: While you search for the questions you've got, I did get one that I found one somewhere. I've forgotten who sent it. What's the ruling on a captain's challenge after the final hooter has blown? To laugh at that? What three weeks later? Or can we go back to twenty twenty four?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 1: Is it possible? And how much time do they have to raise the challenge? Can it be done when the teams are halfway up the motorway on the way home? The end of the actual official end of the game is when the referee blows the whistle, isn't it the In theory the hooter is an indicator from the timekeepers, or it used to be anyway, And so in theory it's not a bad question because I assume this must have happened. Somebody must have tried something on captain challenge wise after the after a hooter, And that's why that's that question has been sent, and I'm sorry to have ever sent it. I forgot to make a note of who did.
Speaker 2: We did? We did have a question from James Valley what on earth has Hattenederson Helens? But what a transformation we had to lose two? I mean, I think we talked earlier on a fair bit about Hends and to lose, but I think think you know St. Helen's area, they're in a big rebel rebuild there and I don't think you know their attack is particularly good and I think it's the most harmonious squad there. I think some of the recruitment has been pretty poor. What's happened to Jack Wellsby as a player? You really do wonder it? Just Yeah, it seems like the club is in a big, big hole at the moment. But we have got we have got some other questions as well. With me briefly, I'll put some background music on while you search. Should we question from Ben Blackwell? Whoever wins the TV deal for Super League, which I think will more than likely be Sky must improve the video referee technology for referees. The disappearing arm on the VR for Daniel's no trial was quite embarrassing. The repay looked like it was filming on potato. And the sport deserves better despite its failings. Yeah, I mean, I think you know, the production values, the fact that they're doing every game, the production values have definitely dropped. I think we talked about that earlier this year, didn't we. League. I personally think I don't agree they're having every game otherwise there's been a big win for the sport. I think maybe having three or four games around would be But yeah, that's just a personal opinion question from Mark Williams and this did this did make me laugh. Come on, John Channel, you're in a glad hill. I'll give you the question as platform. How deep can Mandly go in the playoffs? Sea goals unleashed? I mean it's quite seagulls unleashed or see Eagles. No, that's what I was about to say. They're not the seagulls, So that's the first bit wrong right, and a whole albion unleashed. But he said, but seriously, with the Sharks pumping the informed goals, do you mainly have the squad under Foz to make a run? Look, I I think they do, but I think the ACL injury to what's his buddy name, Luke Brooks has heard them will learn ow to coach now or not. But yeah, I think I think they can. I can definitely make a run the playoffs, but yeah, they'll I need to turn things around next week, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: They got next week, Manly, I don't I don't know if I've a look. Well, I'll love a look for you.
Speaker 2: J question from NRL inside UK. Do you think there's an appetite for mid season internationals potentially against France, Ilan, Scotland or exiles. I would say no, there isn't because the players for several of those players, their best players would be playing in the NRL. No one's got the money to bring them over and if you look at the crowds for mid season internationals, they've generally been poor, as has been the media coverage see traveling to Gold Coast. Yeah, I mean that's definitely a winnable game. The second point of the question was should the Super League follow Should the Super League follow suit and implement the six man bench? If so, it should be some kind of rule in put by the Super League that one spot of the six men bench mus schedule and an academy player each game to try and improve the England national team in the long run.
Speaker 1: I don't mind the academy player idea, but it all comes back to costs, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Right, So.
Speaker 1: You put two extra players on duty, you'll have to compensate them financially.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I think if we're going to talk about academy players, Like, surely if we want to improve the English national team we'd lower the quota. That's absolutely yeah, instead of increasing it. Question from Mick Dickinson, can we go back to promotion and relegation and get rid of irongine grading and brackets giants fan the bottom team deserves to be relegated. I actually saw some praise for IMG somewhere. Oh. The thing with the thing with IMG is they had lifted standards, like lifted standards in digital, lifted standards at clubs. But I think the problem with the grading is some of it can be manipulated. You know, clubs can bring in led boards for one week, rent them and they get classed as an improvement and then move them out the next week.
Speaker 1: And compare it to I mean, you've just got married now to a lovely lady, and now that you're married, you're probably going to play less tennis, drink more beer, eat more pizzas and just let your body go. And if your lady is I MG, and she'll keep you on your toes and keep you you know, she'll keep you getting Mun'tchi and Johnny.
Speaker 2: Play more tennis. Mate. We need you, we need you better.
Speaker 1: And that's probably the good thing that IMG do, isn't it They keep everybody be honest.
Speaker 2: I think that's the idea. Yes. Question from Brennan loftus, is the dominant tackle still thing in the NR on super don't recall hearing ref's court during games? So that again, no, the dominant tackle? Is it something? Yeah? Sort of? You know another one that came in and then sort of just was massive. I haven't heard it in too many games of.
Speaker 1: Like the sky microphone probably not working, the referees started going back eleven meters over here so that they could look at the defensive line in front of them.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Didn't communicate it very well. Led to even more occasions of got them one side, and then I think they've just sort of messaged massage that out. However, some referees still do it.
Speaker 2: Another question from Aby saying should we get rid of the action of putting an incident on report? I would say no easily that One question from Matt I want to know your thoughts on seven tackle sets. Should it be a seven tackle set if you drop the ball over the line, et cetera. The rules born and stop people just pulling it dead from distance? I think the rule that needs changing. MM. Why yeah, I don't have any problem with the rule as it stands. Question from John Hodgson. It is the constant complaining about the restaurant, coaches and fans. The reason for the gradual increase in video ref interventions.
Speaker 1: Not that I'm aware of, doesn't happen when Pilkington's play against Portico either there's no video ref there there's no blame about the ref and in several other grounds Westall versus Thotill whoever?
Speaker 2: You know? The question from Joss be with landing arguably better than half of Super leg I mean that's a that's a fake calder. Just will they be in an next shoe or get shafted as rumored? I don't think anyone knows the answer to that. It's awful, isn't it. I mean the Australian delegates that came to look after London Broncos fortunes led in terms of profile by Darren Lockyer. They came over to London, or went over to London as I sit here in Brisbane.
Speaker 1: With obviously with a thought that they would be in Super League a year down the line, the fact that that potentially might not happen now and we're in the middle of July. H pub tests and if test whatever tests you want to look at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a couple more on Facebook, Chris J. Linley. Should subjective decisions be adjudicated on by the video referee, who may who may have a different opinion to the on field referee? I would say no.
Speaker 1: I think I think the problem with technology is we've got too much room to discuss the outcomes. Yeah, and I think the problem comes when you have technology. Let's let's go. Let's take another sports faith for World Cup England versus Norway. The ball hits the string at the top the spider cam thing. Is it called the spider cam web? Is it because it comes from the spider It looks like it hits it and the deviation changes. Var didn't notice it, and the fever's chip in the ball didn't pick it up either, allegedly, But to the naked eye, if it looks like a dog, it's fairy like a dog, wags and tail like a dog, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Just sounds like we're standing English cheating. If you ask me, I didn't know the referee was English. Like the diving for that penalty what moving on question Christia, sorry, the question from Simon paul a deep diving to Haddersfield please and why they should stay up if they finish bottom. There's no relegation brew performances like these, there's nothing to fear that. Yeah, we're talked about. I think the whole thing about people saying, oh well there's no relegation, that they don't want to finish bottom, that's nonsense. I mean, you look at the the Dragons, you know, you look at clubs and super League. If you were losing every week, not only is your crowds dropping, the coaches under pressure to keep his job players in the future. Yeah, this whole sort of you know, it keeps clubs. Honest, I don't necessarily agree with that. No one wants to win a wooden spoon, do they. I can remember, and this is nothing close to professional sport, but I can remember playing soccer at nineteen or twenty and a very very crap team, and I think we might have won one game or had one win and one draw, and there was a few ten year losses in that season, but that one win or that one draw was celebrated like it was everything, because you know what, I mean, you're fighting for every scrap and every result, so I disagree with that. And then we did have two questions about the more brothers. Why do they hate cars for Tigers? And now I don't think the referees the walls hate as for tigers. Yeah, I think that's true. Anyway, you can be sit there and call what can we do to destroy Castle? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I mean I think that's why generally people get become referees because they want the prospective teams to to win every weekend. I'll do everything to screw over certain times. Was that it for questions? I believe that is all the questions. I'm sorry if I missed anyone, but there was there was quite a few. But I think we're I think we're all done.
Speaker 1: The pressure is on you now for this week's tipping, because there's no way you tipped Saint Helen's to lose to Toulouse, So.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Thursday at eight Belts, Bradford Bulls host Wakefield.
Speaker 2: Look, I think you know, Breadford will give it a good shake, but I think the way Wakefield play and you'd definitely be backing them in that one.
Speaker 1: Friday at eight Belts Both games were eight bells on Friday. Huddersfield Giants are unleashed against Wigan Warriors.
Speaker 2: They can be unleashed as much as they want. Ralph Rommer can make all the glowing media speak comments in newspapers and say everything's awesome and we're going to win Super League in twenty thirty. But no.
Speaker 1: Maybe the reason I don't think the more Brothers hate Castleford as I think they obviously hate Huddersfield. All the referees.
Speaker 2: Look, the funny thing is that the Hardersford actually beat with you. It would be quite ironic and hilarious.
Speaker 1: If they don't win this week, it'll be regression. Sat Helen's host Catalans. I think they'd better win or else the coach might be chased out of Ellen's.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, Catlans generally don't travel well in the UK. They've lost a few. But yeah, I think I think there'll be a response from Saint Helens because, yeah, I don't think that performance today was acceptable, so I'm expecting a reaction.
Speaker 1: Warrington play hul Kingston Rolevers at three o'clock on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, another you know, two teams probably struggling slightly, probably just tip hole car in this one, but yeah, that could be a game that goes either way. Pull left C host Lee at five thirty. Look, I think holl of C a rubbish this year and that's been proven, and you know, LUI will win that game comfortably to lose play York at eight o'clock. Yes, very evenly matched teams. A tough one to pick. I think maybe just short. But then again, it would not surprise me if to listen with that one.
Speaker 1: On our solitary Sunday fixture, Castleford host Leed Rhinos. Yeah, so the question before we go, John, is it coming home.
Speaker 2: Now? I'm not coming home. I'm already I'm already at home made, I'm hand a bed after this. Okay. Will England win the fief for World Cup? I don't know. Look, I think it's interesting that I haven't played that particularly well, but they've still managed to pull it out of the bag in numerous games, which shows a lot of finding spirit and a lot of characters. So look, the messy Falklands war Derby should be they however, send before I'm looking forward to that one. Me too, Me too. Anyway, this is a Rugby league podcast.
Speaker 1: Indeed, and you've been listening to Lee Addison. You can get an admin at Rugby League Coach dot com. Bete you which is the email address at Rugby League Coach on socials, please send a message on Instagram or Facebook log because I don't look at the messages on TikTok and things like that. And I'm also on Rugby League coach dot com dot au. John, Where can we get you apart from the tennis court.
Speaker 2: You can get me on exit Johnny d Davidson. You can get me on Facebook a John Davidson journalist and on Instagram as well. Did you watch Wimbledon? No? I did not. Okay, take care