Speaker 1: Something you should go.
Speaker 2: Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis GOOLDIRA dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA backed by physical gold and silver. You can learn more and get a free gold and silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to visit right now with Chelsea from Sueland Renaissance Festival. How you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great.
Speaker 2: And the cool thing is there's probably people listening right now going it's a little chili out there for a Renaissance festival. It's not until June, so we got a long time between now and then. The reason I wanted to have you in the studio now this is the time for people to plan if they would like to be a volunteer, if there's a business who would like to be a sponsor, if somebody's going, hey, I'd like to be a vendor. So let's chat a little bit about it. Is. When is the Siouxland Renaissance Festival, because it's sneaking up in a few months, right right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's June seventh and eighth. It's the first weekend in June it's at the wh Line Fairgrounds. It is our twenty four with anniversary.
Speaker 2: This year, twenty four years and the website sue Landornfest dot com, so if you want to go on and get all the details on that. And June sixth and seventh is that first weekend Holy cow. So it's again it's a few months away, but right now is the time if somebody's going, hey, I've always wanted to be a part of that, because here's what usually happens. Maybe I'm the only one like I'll see it happening, or I'll see it post it on Facebook and I go, oh, I should do that next year. That's why I was like, hey, let's chat early, so then other people who do the same thing that I do, we can chat about it now and they can actually plan to volunteer. How does that work If somebody wants to volunteer to help at the Sue Land Renaissance Festival, what do they do? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So there's a couple options. So you could go to our website and we have an actual form that you can fill out there, or you can go to our Facebook page the Sue Land Association Festival and you could go there and just you know, give us a little message and we get back to you. Now is perfect time because the festival is one of our huge events that we do, but we also have other opportunities throughout the year where you can volunteer, get to know us, and so, like example, the Empire on Tap, this event that we do, we also like to dress up and garb and maybe do an invasion downtown and run around in our costumes and talk about the festival and get people excited for it.
Speaker 2: That's really cool. Again, the event is not until June, it's a long ways away. But if you're interested in volunteering, if you're interested in sponsoring, if somebody listening, maybe they have a business and they're going, how do I get involved in that? Because you guys are volunteers. It's not like you got a person that's hired to sit there and make phone calls. But if somebody listening is going, hey, I would be interested in getting a phone call or maybe reaching out and starting that phone call, how do they get a hold of in what does it look like to be a sponsor? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So again, our website has everything there that you need of if you have any questions that is the biggest source that we have. There is a page specifically for that that you can fill out, and that coordinator would reach out to you and talk to you more about it.
Speaker 2: Very nice. And then are you guys looking for vendors? Do you have people who come and set things up? And is that open right now or when? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So, yep, the vendors are up for the contracts, so you fill out a contract and then Vala is the one that handles all the vending and she would get a hold of you and talk about being part of our festival this year.
Speaker 2: All right here, ye hear ye, it's coming your way in June. It's a little ways out, but again sue Land Renaissance Festival if you'd like to get all the details soue Land Renfest dot com. Thank you for coming in and chatting with me, way way early. We could we could tell people you're dressed in renaissance, but she's not really, it's it's too cold for that. She was bundled up a bit, which is a good thing. But you guys have some really fun costumes. And is that what you call it? Do you call it costumer? What are you calling? So?
Speaker 1: I call it garb.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: The proper word is garb, and there's quite a range of different garb that you'll see. And I'll be in the royal court garb, so be in the fancy stuff, very nice.
Speaker 2: Yes. Well, I have a friend when we lived in Nebraska. I was in his office one day and he was working really difficult, like working on something. I said, what are you working on?
Speaker 1: Over?
Speaker 2: There? Goes chain mail? Like what he goes, I'm I'm making a vest and like that's something I never thought i'd.
Speaker 1: Hear somebody saying plu and tears in this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I watched. Then he showed me how he was doing it and it was like literally from wire and he's like, I made the wire. And then I take this and I do that. I'm like, you made the wire. I'm like, I didn't even know you could do that. So there are some awesome people who put their heart and soul into this. If you just want to be a spectator, you could go out. You can spectate, you can watch, you can check it out first week of June, first weekend of June, rather wh line fairgrounds. But if you want to get involved, if you want to go back in time, and be a part of the sun Land on a SUNS festival. Now is the time to reach out again Sue land Renfest dot com. Thank you again for stopping in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, thank you for having me again.
Speaker 2: The website Sue land Renfest dot com. Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesis gooldra dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com.