Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: At the bottom of the hour, going to get into some strange science stories. Is some of the craziness that goes on in the world of science, including cryonics. You know, you know cryonics, the whole ted volumes, they froze the thing. Yeah, that's not as good for you as you think. I mean, it happens after you're dead, so it's not like it's kind of neutral. But it doesn't necessarily mean that they're ever going to be able to reanimate your body because the process of it is not really good for you.
Speaker 1: I'm getting a kick out of the whole cold plunge trend. That cracks me up. You've got a pool that you don't heat, why do you start charging people? Throw them in there and charge them forty bucks. I don't think that's a great idea. You can make a lot of money, but it would garries. Cold plunge. It's just a test of your discipline, your self discipline. It's a fight or flight thing. You force your body into fight or flight, and then you get tired and then you can go to sleep, and then you win, and then what and then you're you're if I did of accomplishment.
Speaker 2: Okay, But if I did it every morning, if I got up and the first thing I did was I walk downstairs and or yeah, walk downstairs and jumped in the pool, yeah, and then got out of the pool, then what then I take a hot shower.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay.
Speaker 1: But then what it does is it allegedly makes you think you've won the fight or flight fight, and then you get all the benefits of thinking that you won that less cortisol, you can sleep easier, you feel like you've done something, all of the health benefits that go along with thinking you've been successful.
Speaker 2: So I would come in here like I'm cranked out on four shots of espresso like you.
Speaker 1: I don't know what your body react, how your body reacts to that.
Speaker 3: Hey, Gary, use white Oak much better, much nicer than Birch white Oak.
Speaker 1: I know a good cabinet guy up here and closed when you need him clothes.
Speaker 3: He's terrific.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I was telling you off the air, I was trying one when I was asking all those questions about the would I was remembering overboard the original with Goldie haunting Kurt Russell when she wants her shoe cabinets installed on the yacht, and which would she was demanding? He used, because it was a very big point of contention in that major motion picture.
Speaker 2: I would white oak is perfectly beautiful wood. But if it's a first time for me, I'm buying birch because it's cheaper, and I'm also not interested it would be painted anyway, so I don't need the grain in the white oak to come out.
Speaker 1: Would you paint your cabinets?
Speaker 3: What color? White? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I would be told what color to paint it. I'll tell you that m what going on.
Speaker 3: Everyone's in trouble, Donila Cloud.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. Donald Trump was at his cabinet meeting today. He warned that there would be a transition cost to his tariff policies. We'll see, is what he said. When asked what is next steps are for China. He went on to say, we'd love to be able to work a deal. They've really taken advantage of our country for a long period of time. Trump said he's resetting the table and they had great respect for Shi zimping again.
Speaker 4: There'll be a transition cost and transition problems, but in the end it's going to be it's going to be a beautiful thing. We're doing again what we should have done many years ago. We let him get out of control, and we allowed some countries to get very big and very rich at our expense and.
Speaker 2: A couple well less than an hour left in the day of trading on Wall Street, the Dow has made up some of its lost ground, but it's still down two and a half percent. It's down over a thousand points. Nasdaq is down four percent. S and P five hundred is also down three and a half percent. An American Russian dual citizen, Senya Carolina has been released from a Russian prison in an overnight prison their exchange. This came from an announcement from Secretary of State Marco Rubio. The exchange took place overnight in Abu Dhabi. The lawyer said that she had been released. The Secretary of State confirmed the exchange in a tweet, saying Senya Caroline is on a plane back home to the US. She was wrongfully detained by Russia for over a year and that President Trump secured her release.
Speaker 1: Wild story locally store employee run over killed my suspected shoplifter in South el MONI. He tried to stop the robbery. This was outside Grant discount store. The victim's brother owns that the brother helps out at the store. Apparently, the suspect reportedly asked the victim for a box of masks worth ten dollars and then walked without paying it walked out without paying. The brothers followed the suspect and the parking lot physical altercation takes place. Two other guys get out of the car. One of them punches the brother in the head. He holds his head and goes down. Three men get back from the car and run him over.
Speaker 2: And the brother watched the whole thing. Said the body was under the car was turning all the way from the front tire to the back tire. I said, I don't know why this happened. Honestly, I was there at the last minute of his life. I saw his face, I saw his eyes.
Speaker 3: What's the deal?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not over a ten dollars box of masks, is it? That's awful?
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: There's also a strange twist to what was already a very strange situation. Jillian Lauren is the author and wife of the bassist for Weezer, Scott Schreiner. Jillian was shot and injured by the LAPD and then arrested on suspicion of attempted murder. What if you remember this whole story. LAPD was helping the CHP because the CHP had chased three suspects from a misdemeanor hit and run. This ended in a chase where a guy gets out of the car. He strips down to his underwear and pretends to be a homeowner by watering stuff in a backyard and they're like dipping in the pool so that if anybody found him, he'd go, what are.
Speaker 3: You talking about? Is my house or whatever it is?
Speaker 2: So Lauren was not among the suspects and everything, but while pursuing one of the suspects who was running through backyards, police came upon Lauren in the front yard of her.
Speaker 3: Neighboring house holding a handgun.
Speaker 2: You know why because she probably saw that they were chasing somebody and wanted to protect her house and property. And I believe kids home at the time. Here's where it gets crazy. They order her several times. The LAPD orders her several times to drop the gun. She refused, she allegedly pointed it at them. They did not whether say whether she fired the gun, but she was hit by police gunfire and then went back into the home. They eventually were able to take her into custody and take her to a hospital.
Speaker 3: They did recover a nine millimeter.
Speaker 2: Weezer is scheduled to play Coachella this weekend.
Speaker 1: April's a full pink moon will rise as a micro moon this weekend, the smallest full moon of twenty twenty five. Pink moon, pink moon, micro moon. Hm, it's because April's full moon occurs when the moon is furthest from the Earth obviously in its orbit, making it appear slightly smaller and dimmer than usual.
Speaker 3: Micro Yeah, microt it.
Speaker 1: Baby moon, although that's taken on new significant.
Speaker 2: Are we going to do our goodbye payphone story before the before the end of the day today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll do it because we were going to get to it yesterday and then we didn't, and we're going to get today and we didn't and we're going to do it excellent before Strange Science.
Speaker 2: We're going to do our our small bus shadow coming up next though, in one of those couple of.
Speaker 6: Weeks you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Stocks have been giving up a lot of the games that they made yesterday, but have been recovering in this last hour of trading. The Dow is down about eight hundred and fourteen points right now, but it was down a couple thousand earlier, so it's down two percent. S and P five hundred down two point eight percent. Nasdaq is down three point eight percent.
Speaker 1: Tarrange restaurant. Restaurant is what we are talking about for our small business shout out today. Tarrange restaurant that is on Limburg Drive in Los Angeles. Where is Lyndbrook Drive in Los Angeles? NOAs we are very.
Speaker 7: Close to Wheelshare okay and Westwood right yea, right by Hammer Museum.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. So nas is joining us now, nas paraje.
Speaker 3: Like three times Hersha.
Speaker 1: You're listening to me, practiced.
Speaker 3: I was listening to her when she said it, thank you.
Speaker 1: For joining us. You all specialized in Persian food and this looks fantastic. Kebobs and the like. I was just telling you off the air. I have read so many articles that say Mediterranean diet is the way to go in terms of, as Richie would put it, getting ready for summer. And that is what you specialize in. Hearing the filet mignon, kebobs, the lamb, kebobs, chicken, all of that, just to scratch the surface of what your specialties are.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, yes, So first of all, thank you so much for inviting me. It's an honor to be here. Honestly, I've been a huge fan of yours for years. You're one of the reasons that my English is kind of better.
Speaker 2: That's the greatest compliment I think that that that we could receive.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: We don't speak for.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 7: Yes, actually, and I was quite pleased to see these articles that is coming in the last four to five years that Mediterranean diet is actually one of the best diets to Lord the heart disease, lord of cancer, because honestly, it is very very clean food. We don't have anything deep fried, we don't have anything preserved, We don't use any artificial ingredients in our food. It is basically everything is steamed or it is grilled, and we do a lot of olive oil. My brother and I started this restaurant when I was twenty four years old, about a year.
Speaker 8: And a half when we moved to the US. Early didn't know much.
Speaker 7: He has this amazing, brilliant business mind and I love cooking and hosting, and restaurant was the.
Speaker 1: Way to go.
Speaker 7: So if you started in Torrance, it was a small, small restaurant in a corner of Applaza Ride in front of my community college and Longest story show. Four years later, we wanted to do something a little bit bigger and better, and we have started in Westwood Village in the heart of Persian community. As a lot of people call it Teherandeles and honestly, so many persons there. If I lived in Westwood, I couldn't talk English.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guarantee that.
Speaker 1: So I bet that that that's very welcome there. Like I mean, you must be very busy.
Speaker 8: It is very busy.
Speaker 7: However, there's a lot of competition because there's like a zillion Persian restaurants to choose from. So we had to find a way to stand out. So we made it very modern, and we made everything that we have from a scratch.
Speaker 8: We don't have a freezer in the restaurant.
Speaker 3: And that's gotta be a lot of turnover then for supply.
Speaker 8: For it is we go shopping four times a week. But it worth it, It worth it. Yeah, you can. You can rush food.
Speaker 7: It is fresh. This is what we have at home. I've been eating our food for nine years and I don't get tired of it. So I think it's a pretty good time, right.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't get tired of it. Yeah, so you and your brother run the place. This is something that you have talked about for a long time, and your parents did. They grew up, grew up cooking, and.
Speaker 7: My mom is a fantastic cook, but she was a teacher. My dad was a banker. So we had no idea how to run a business. But we started from this small restaurant and lit by little will learned from the curves, from the things we were in a points that we were running out of chicken would run to raups, buy chicken, bring it back, cook it and sell it and we would deliver the food ourselves. So it was crazy journey. We had to like clean everything, and it was a small restaurant business. But with all the obstacles, I think everything you learn it just makes you better and it's stronger and a little bit more resilience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what do they think? What do your parents think about it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 8: They love it.
Speaker 7: My mom she's still a little bit iffy about me not becoming a doctor, but I think.
Speaker 1: Too.
Speaker 7: But sometimes when I complained that I'm a little tray, She's like, do you want to go and just go meeting? I'm like, Mom, I got my master's from Berkeley, You're fine, And.
Speaker 8: She's like, just just just putting your thought out there.
Speaker 1: And your brother's kind of doing banking, I mean with the business.
Speaker 7: He has this brilliant mind of business and financial which I don't.
Speaker 8: I just cook and I love it.
Speaker 7: But yeah, he has this amazing, you know, brilliant mind of business ownership, getting things together, having finding shortcuts, bringing people together, dealing with the backstaff, which I think it's a great.
Speaker 1: Good combination for the both of you.
Speaker 3: Do you fight We do not.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 8: Yes, you're very very close family, very.
Speaker 3: Close, and that almost means sometimes that means that you fight more.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but no, because he does his own thing and I do my own thing and sometimes just like talk it out. And every every time that we cannot talk something out, it's always my Mom and Dad are like stopping.
Speaker 2: You brought us some food for us to check out, and I'm most amazed at the three different kinds of rice that you have on here.
Speaker 3: Could you explain what they are?
Speaker 8: Of course.
Speaker 7: So the first one is the white rice. It is a buzz mudy rice. The way that we cook our right as Persians, it's a little bit different than other rices. We soak our rice overnight and it takes about forty minutes for it to be made, so the cook times that are a bit less, but the way that it is all separated grain from grain, it is a little different than, for example, the Asian rices that we do have. They're a little bit more sticky. So that one is the normal rice. The other rice that you have is barbary rice in Farci.
Speaker 8: It is the risk.
Speaker 7: It is in a family the same family as gojiberries, but a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Tara's very it's it's sweet with that Those are.
Speaker 8: Fun, yes, what's called barberries barbaries? Yes.
Speaker 7: And the other one is fa babin and deal rice, another Persian favorite.
Speaker 8: It is faba bean deal.
Speaker 7: It goes really nice with chicken and laud which I had a little bit for you and when it comes to our food, we are specialized in meat and kebobs. So just to get a little bit clear thinking on Persian kebobs, every single go meat that is grilled over open fire is a kabop. But we have different types of So we have ground beef which is called kooby dee. We have the chanky chicken, which is called ju ja kabob. We have the lamb chops we call them chish lake. We have the ground.
Speaker 8: Beef that's kooby dee.
Speaker 7: So these are all types of Every meat that you grill over open fire is called the kabab.
Speaker 2: Do you get you obviously have takeout, I mean that's available through through the website.
Speaker 3: We use Tage Restaurant dot com.
Speaker 1: By the way, chicken, it's really tender.
Speaker 7: That is our special dish, thank you. It's marinated in it's a special marination for about twenty seven hours.
Speaker 8: And it's white meat because I don't like dark.
Speaker 3: That is, because you don't like it.
Speaker 2: You guys are over on Lindbrook Drive over in the in the Westwood Village area. Turange Restaurant dot com on Instagram as well Tarange Underscore Restaurant, Underscore La Nods thanks for coming in today.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: I'm a little shout out for people who are living a little bit far from Westwood area. If you're opening another location in Manhattan.
Speaker 8: Beach, the name to Ranch Nice. Thank you and it's going to be open probably end of June.
Speaker 1: That lives for summer.
Speaker 3: Excellent.
Speaker 8: That's a great location.
Speaker 3: It's nice to meet you.
Speaker 7: Thanks for it was a pleasure meeting you guys, and thank you so much for having me over. I cannot wait to have you guys in the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Our good bye payphone story when we come back.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty Robin.
Speaker 1: What is that tattoo on your shoulder?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Is that the Queen of Hearts? Yes?
Speaker 1: Sure is Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. Yes. Is it her face? Yes, that's exciting.
Speaker 9: Yes, my wife kisses it every time.
Speaker 1: Oh really, she loves her. Is that why you got it? Because she loves it?
Speaker 9: So I actually got the years before I met her.
Speaker 1: Oh and why did you get it? You just always love the Queen Hearts.
Speaker 9: It's actually a full Alice Wonderland sleeve.
Speaker 1: Oh so everybody's represented. Is there a tea cup like.
Speaker 9: The Little mad Hatter?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: Actually no, I got the Mad Hatter, the Chessure, the absolom Alice, but I didn't get the other queen. I actually don't like her.
Speaker 3: We want that one.
Speaker 1: So no tea cup is what I'm hearing.
Speaker 3: No, okay, well we can always.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite part of going to Alice in Wonderland. What would you get on your shoulder? We've already discussed this many times. We have yeah, on your.
Speaker 2: Shoulder, on my shoulder we have talked about, I mean on my deltoid where she's got her Yeah, yeah, I like that spot. Uh, it's good spot, probably coveted spot, Superman shield, something like that.
Speaker 1: A Superman shield, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I would get I would go back and somewhere I would find like the ultrasound print out for my kids, and I would get those tattooed on my one on each shoulder.
Speaker 3: And people would be like, what is that? And I would say, it's my kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're not allowed to go to the tatue parlor. I decided that is vetoed algebra for four hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Thankfully moved on.
Speaker 1: Go alga a cube or to excuse me, two cube number is to raise it to this power.
Speaker 3: What is the third?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's for idiots, alzebra for idiots?
Speaker 2: Okay, how many payphones? Take a whild guess? Have you read the whole thing?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: How many payphones do you think exist within California as of March? As of March, California Public Utilities Commission has a number for how many working payphones there are in California.
Speaker 1: Uh, one thousand, two hundred and.
Speaker 2: Twelve, not horrible guests, two thousand, five hundred and some change. A decade ago there were twenty seven thousand, and that was a decade ago when everybody still had an iPhone.
Speaker 1: That's funny you say that because the last payphone I saw, I took a picture of it with my iPhone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I thought, what a weird it is? Weird? In La City, there's about one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: In fact, there are probably more Starbucks restaurants in La than there are payphones in La but there is a Alexis Wood and her partner Adam Treanell have gone looking for those working payphones throughout the city of La and they have been putting stickers on them that invite people to make a free call to a recorded line to say goodbye. Now, they don't specify who they want people to say goodbye to.
Speaker 3: They just wanted to say goodbye.
Speaker 2: So there is, for example, people who call and are saying goodbye to loved ones or saying goodbye to payphones or whatever. But they have collected a bunch of these recordings and then put them up on an Instagram account for people to hear what other people are saying goodbye to. And it's a really I don't know, it's a creative way to look at the way we as human beings search for some sort of belonging to a larger group.
Speaker 5: I'm really happy this payphone still here. My grandfather would come by and make us call some payphones, despite owning us cell phone himself, because he didn't know how to use it, and he always had fifty cents, so he would call us from payphones, and we kind of trained ourselves to always pick up that number or any payphone number. And now I do the same thing, and my mom just doing a lawyer. But paypalons are getting putter and far between. So I just gave my mom one final call from a payplon probably who knows to go come back anyway? Thank you.
Speaker 2: There's another guy left a message to say goodbye to his former self.
Speaker 10: Hello, goodbye, line. I want to say goodbye to my old self. I used to be very fat. I used to not care about myself, to not take care of myself. Then now I'm on my way to my first bodybuilding show in July.
Speaker 3: So that's so cool.
Speaker 10: That makes me very excited. And I want to say goodbye to my old self on this last payphone here in ought to be the California. That is so yeah, goodbye.
Speaker 1: It has been so many years since I've heard someone on a payphone. That's exactly what it sounded like all those years ago. It's a distinct, bad connection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it probably has to do simply with the amount of damage that one of those handsets takes right the little condenser, mic.
Speaker 1: I mean, and you would pick up a payphone and not even think about sanitizing it, or who or how many people you is that thing? And their mouth was that close to the Oh my gosh, you didn't even think about it, didn't even cross your mind.
Speaker 2: Do you have any idea where there's a payphone, like I mean around here, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't. I can't even think of where.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I've seen the stands for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw what The last one I saw was at Yosemite and I took a picture of it.
Speaker 2: What they are trying to do, They want to encourage people to use this goodbye line they're calling it.
Speaker 3: It's about a year old. It's finding a pretty broad audience.
Speaker 2: And they said it's the payphone calls that hold the special place in their hearts. Adam says, I'm not trying to draw any science around it, but it does seem like people who go to payphones are more in the moment that the cell phone calls tend to be a bit longer and a little bit more considered. But you can use a payphone in a different way than you use a cell phone. It's not in your pocket, it's not connected to a camera.
Speaker 1: You use it to buy drugs exactly.
Speaker 2: But you go and do this goodbye in a place that's different from where you do most of your business.
Speaker 1: Janet Yellen, she got some sort of glow up makeover or something, some good lighting. She got like that lighting that's on Ritchie's phone.
Speaker 2: Strange Science. Will we come back? The Hidden Flaws of cryonics.
Speaker 1: Wait, we got to get this center stage ready for this lady.
Speaker 3: Janet Yellen.
Speaker 1: Yes she does not need the center.
Speaker 3: Yes she does.
Speaker 1: She looks pretty in that blue A little hip, little hip throw right there?
Speaker 3: Did you see it? Hip throw?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't want to know. I don't want to know what a Janet Yellen hip throw is.
Speaker 1: Strange Science. When we come back.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI Am sixty.
Speaker 2: Very weird story that apparently a New York Police Department helicopter has crashed into the Hudson River there in New York City if you know where it is, it's or Peer forty. A couple dozen boats out there, New York City Fire and New York City Police Department, Harbor Patrol.
Speaker 3: Everybody's out there.
Speaker 2: And there was an image earlier taken from the Citizen app that showed the helicopter upside down on the water. All you could see with the landing skids, So not clear exactly what happened or if there were any survivors.
Speaker 1: FDNY so at least four people were aboard, said helicopter. This is near pure forty as well. If you know where the area is.
Speaker 3: It's time for strange science.
Speaker 6: Strange sayence, it's like weird science, but strange.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Ted Williams is one of those people who supposedly got frozen after they died so that eventually you could bring back Walt Disney. I think there was a rumor that Walter was also cryogenically preserved. The problem is it's not as harmless as you might think.
Speaker 1: Who thought it was harmless?
Speaker 2: Well, I think the image of you can freeze meat and then bring it back out and cook that steak and it still tastes like steak for the most part is the leading to the false assumptions that that doing that to the human body is an okay idea.
Speaker 1: Britney Spears signed up for this in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: Is that what's wrong with her?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh honey, it's rosen and thowed many times. The human body is mostly water. Water makes up the bulk of the vital fluids that keep ourselves and our tissues alive and functional. What happens when you freeze water?
Speaker 10: Though?
Speaker 3: It expands? And what will you say? Like that?
Speaker 2: Did you know the answer to that when I say, what happens when you freeze water?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What it expands?
Speaker 3: How did you know that?
Speaker 1: Everybody knows that.
Speaker 3: It turns to ice.
Speaker 2: The problem is if living cells are suddenly filled with spiky ice. I mean because of the crystals that are formed, that can cause a lot of damage.
Speaker 1: It does damage to the meat. We've talked to Neil about this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does damage to the meat. It does damage to.
Speaker 2: Or fruit or something like that. It can make it all mushy. Yeah, and if the meat is your brain. The other thing is because if you, like Ted Williams, want your head preserved but not the rest of your body, assuming that when they can thaw your head, they'd be also capable of attaching another body to you, a donor body that if you believe the technology is going to be going that far, there is a concern because the brain itself is likely going to be the biggest challenge of all neurons. Of course, the cells that form the biological basis of what you are significantly more intricate and vulnerable than any other type of cell. Neurons and brain cells are the most metabolically demanding. They consume about a quarter of your available energy just to stay alive. I'm a frozen body, doesn't have any available energy, So how does it stay alive? Can it just shut down and then be restarted? They just don't know.
Speaker 1: Now, Ted Williams, you bring him back, what are you expecting? You're expecting him to go six for eight in a doubleheader.
Speaker 2: Well, you froze him after he'd already gone through all of the horrible times in his life.
Speaker 3: You froze him at the end, right right.
Speaker 1: You didn't freeze him in nineteen forty.
Speaker 2: One, and even listen in all honestly, well, I won't use her name, but you freeze a pop star when she's forty seven years old and not when she's twenty seven years old.
Speaker 1: I appreciated that, I really did. I appreciated you extending that you were going to say forty five, and you extended a couple of years because you know the end days are nigh, and I appreciated that.
Speaker 3: Your end days are nice.
Speaker 1: Appreciated that. I don't know how old was Ted Williams when he died. He's in his seventies, wasn't he Let's see here, let's see he was eighty three.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, there're eighty three. Are you gonna You're gonna wake up an eighty three year old guy? And what give him a bat?
Speaker 1: Inverness, Florida. There's an Inverness, Florida. There's an Inverness, California. There's an Inverness, Scotland. There's one in Australia, very popular place. Hey, pink moon, the full pink moon, by the way, Yeah, if you're expecting it to be pink, don't. Do You want to know why it's named the pink moon?
Speaker 3: Please tell me.
Speaker 1: It goes back to our Native American friends. By the way, there was a land announcement before my yoga class in Pasadena this week.
Speaker 3: A land acknowledgement.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, And the instructor nailed it. And it was one of those Native American tribal names that it's got like five or six names, like the former president of Mexico, and she nailed it. She nailed each one of those names. I could not do that.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was remarkable. Anyway. The Native Americans named this moon for the first wildflyer of wild flowers to bloom in early spring in North America. Moss pink is what it's called the creeping.
Speaker 3: Fullocks that's why people come here, Is that right?
Speaker 2: I think so? That and warnings against freezing your body?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: I know what's going to go on the other going on there?
Speaker 1: So I kind of like missed the whole Ted Williams story through time. Is this something he talked about at length when he was alive?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Oh, I just know that he's frozen.
Speaker 1: His head's frozen separately from his body as well. And then there was an ESPN report in two thousand and nine that his body was mistreated in that freezer lab. What do you think they're doing to Ted Williams's body? I think this is something we explore tomorrow maybe or all next week. I all next.
Speaker 3: Week, John, the Cobel Show is coming up next. We'll see you tomorrow. Stay drive everybody Classics. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap