Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray WBS he constant radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much as we move into our ten o'clock hour here on a Tuesday night. Folks have waited too long, so we're going to get to the calls as quickly as we can. Tom in West Virginia. Tom, I know you're a Trump guy, but I'll be very interested to see if you feel he is following a good political strategy here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually I do.
Speaker 4: He I mean constitutionally, no, he cannot order a private institution. You can't take in foreign students. Okay. However, what he is doing is he's shining a spotlight on Harvard University as well as the IVY League. I'm sure you know that countries like Saudi Arabia, Katar, United Arab Emirates, and other Arab ridge oil states in the last few years have donated eleven billion dollars to Ivy League schools.
Speaker 2: I would not dispute that figure.
Speaker 4: Correct, Okay, So here's the point. I'm old enough to remember if I go back to my twenties in the early nineteen eighties, Harvard's students would be holding protests in favor of Jews in this country. If there was some sort of the usual suspects of neo Nazis or Christian nationalists that despised Jews that they used to use the term zog Zionist to occupy government. Those college kids back to good guys, these college kids that now are nothing more than lem and you had a previous college. We have to fight basically a culture war. And that is what Trump is doing. And need I remind you Joe Biden was told in twenty twenty three that he cannot forgive student loans. What did Biden do at the end of his administration after the Supreme Court told his administration you can't do that. He forgave student loans.
Speaker 2: He tries through the He tried to forgive student loans in as many different ways as possible. There's no question about that. There's no question about that.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: But he did it.
Speaker 3: But Dan, he did it after.
Speaker 4: The fact, near the end in January of his administry, I know the last Okay, So he defied a Supreme Court order.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And here's well, what happens in those situations, okay, is someone someone looks at an order and they'll say, well, the court says you cannot do this. You cannot do a B and C. But but the court, even though you and I know the purpose of the order as layman, is, don't do it period. Some smart lawyer is going to look at it and say, but there's a little bit of an exception that we might drive a truck through. Okay. At the same time, he's doing that on his final few days in office, his election has lost, he has been removed as president, has lost the election. Okay. What Trump is doing now, in my opinion, is setting himself up so that he is his losses will continue. I think that there are issues. Good lawyers pick issues you can win, and I'm just what I don't understand is he's getting in a fight with Harvard. How do you what is more important to you? The success of this game of chicken with tariffs? What's more important that or whether or not Harvard accepts some foreign students?
Speaker 4: You what you had, Breck, The game of chicken of tariffs is much more important.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: And Trump is probably spending maybe ten ten minutes the day of dealing with this situation of Harvard with regards to the tariff. He's probably working on that majority of the time. And I'm thankful that he's doing this because we have been letting these foreign countries wen Europe. So let me ask you they're taken advantage of us.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, What is more important that somehow this Russian Ukraine bloodbath stops in terms of the United States's prestige or foreign students are prevented from attending Harvard?
Speaker 4: Of course, ending the war in Rain is much more important.
Speaker 2: Tom, Look, you're right, but what he's doing Yeah, I'm not going to go through the list. All I'm just saying is that this is what we'll get the publicity. This is what will be on the front page and influence public opinion because all of these we're going to stop research? What what type of research? Cancer research? Oh, that's it. That's a winner politically, I mean, oh, Dan, you.
Speaker 4: Know you know, you know, you know that Harvard that when they receive federal money. Okay, does it necessarily go to what they say it's going to go to? Probably not.
Speaker 2: Where's the overtre But y are you asking a question? Are you making a state? If you're a megan a statement, I'll shut up. If you're really asking me a question.
Speaker 4: I'm that do we really know that when Harvard gets five hundred million dollars to do a research grant for uh cancer. All of that five hundred million goes exactly for that research. Yes, sir, I seriously doubt it.
Speaker 2: Well, don't don't. Don't doubt it, because when it's earmarked for something like cancer research, it goes to a to a hospital in Massachusetts, probably in Boston, that is associated with Harvard, that is doing cancer research. But we'll say that. Look, the bottom line is I think he's he's making huge mistakes politically here, and you disagree with me. So guess what six months from now, if we got to we'll continue this conversation periodically. And I think he could have taken that letter from Harvard, Tom and claimed victory. There's nothing wrong with occasionally, if you have an argument with a friend, you know, take the victory and walk away. And even if you have an argument with someone you don't like, take the victory and walk away and fight again another day. In my opinion.
Speaker 4: All right, so in November, bring this topic back up, you bet, Pa.
Speaker 2: Well, in November, of course, the critical time. We'll bring it absolutely, Tom right back at you. We will bring it up many times between now and November. The critical will be November of twenty twenty six. Uh, that will be that will tell the tale, that will tell the tale. Hey buddy, we'll talk to him. Thank you, Tom, appreciate it. Tom is a is a great called, challenging, opinionated exactly what we like.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: The only line that's open, Tom's line has just filled. The only line that's open is six one, seven, nine thirty. I'm enjoying this tonight. I hope you are as well, because we're talking political tactics. Uh, and we will at some point. I mean, if if Trump stays on this course and he has a smashing victory and picks up fifty seats in the House and five seats in the Senate, then he has been proven correct. Uh. You know, but I don't think that's gonna happen. We're back on Nightside, coming back on nightside right after.
Speaker 1: This night Side with Dan Ray. I'm telling you, Boston's news.
Speaker 2: Radio guys are going to ask everybody to tighten up a little bit here if you can. I I could easily say everybody gets three minutes. I don't want to do that, so let's try to let's try to keep it under five Okay, let's go to Lou Lou and Belmont next Lou.
Speaker 6: Go right ahead, Good evening, Dan, Dan. I'm going to tell you that I totally agree with what you said. A good president would be focusing on a lot more issues than Havid University. But what I think he's attempting to do is bring the best university in the country, perhaps the world, to its knees, so he can say to all of the other colleges and universities, you better fall into line. You're going to end up like COVID because he's a psychopath and he wants to control Congress, the courts, law firms, the media, and now what universities think, what their policies are.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you if you have described his motives accurately, and I hope you're wrong that he's doing failure because a president, as powerful as the office is, is not intended to do that. The president is supposed to set domestic policy and conduct foreign policy. And right now we have tariffs, we have the Middle East, we have what's going on between India and Pakistan break out into some form of exchange of nuclear weapons. I mean, there's a lot of stuff on his plate. And to focus on this. And again the letter that I did. You listen to some of the letter that I read last hour to his lawyers. There were concessions galorey made by Harvard that he could that he could refer to and say, look, this battle is won. I accept them. I accept the concessions they have made, and I appreciate those concessions. I'm going to monitor those concessions and six months or a year from now, we'll see how many of those promises have been kept. You know, I'm a promise has made, promises kept guy, not only for myself but for Harvard. Now. I think there were so many ways he could go and turn it into a political plus, both short term and long term, and he seems to not be interested in doing that.
Speaker 6: I think I think a logical person would do exactly what you're saying. Okay, I don't think he's getting the kind of advice he should be getting because he's surrounded himself with incompetent people that I'm thinking, like you or a good lawyer would, and he's behaving in this manner. Christy Nomes is homely Insecurity secretary came out and said we're going to go after you other universities if you don't fall into line. So I think that he has a master plan to now control colleges and universities and what they're thinking, what their policies are, without having either of the force are the knowledge to realize the damage he's doing to the country.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope you're wrong, but guess what. I think that eventually we will be able to look back at the comments you've made, the comments that Tom made, the comments that Ed from Worcester made, uh and and in the passage of time will say that you were right or wrong. Simple as that, simple as that. I just think that I have no idea who his and I don't think he's somebody who who who takes a lot of advice from advisors? Okay I don't. I get that, And a lot of it is his own gut instinct. But he is still surrounded by some people who have political experience. It's to me, it's mystifying. It's as simple as that you take a win when you can, in my opinion, But who you might be the most accurate analyst tonight?
Speaker 6: Oh thanks, Dan, But I gotta tell you, I go way back. My wife and I used to sit at your booth at the front page many years ago in town.
Speaker 2: That was a great restaurant.
Speaker 6: Wasn't it that we watched you on television. We enjoyed your pieces on television.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, and I hope you enjoy the program night side. I really want to get as many different points of view, and I am on this one. I want every president to be successful. I wanted Joe Biden to have been successful. Do I think Joe Biden was competent in the last few years of his presidency. No, I don't. I don't, And I think that there were fundamental mistakes that were made, and I think Tump now is making more for other fundamental mistakes. So thanks so much for listening, and thanks so much for being us such a supporter of the program. Well, I hope you continue to call more often.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, thank you, Yeah, I always. I always tune you in. I like these segments where we talk about politics or the country. I find that fascinating.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, beg you, Lou, appreciate your time so much. We'll talk soon. Okay, good night, good night, Luke. Talk to you soon. They've got that call in in five. Let me go to Jim, Jim, you are next on Nightside.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Jim, and thanks for taking my lou ate into my three minutes. I'm kidding.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 7: Look, I've ever heard the phrase, if you're looking at the cards, you're missing the trick. That's the deal. If you're looking at the cards, you're missing the trick. And I'll give you two examples of it. First of all, just by boxing things up the way he has, he's already did come accomplish what he says he wanted to accomplish, which is people are not signing up to come to school here because they don't know for sure whether they'll be able to. And the other thing is this golden dome thing. The idea behind the golden dome never was to stop the bullets. The idea behind the golden domes, it's just make it infinitely less likely that a ballistic attack against the US will be effective than if they made it on Mexico or Canada.
Speaker 2: And then let's try to let's try to stay where we're talking tonight.
Speaker 5: We can as we are.
Speaker 7: We are where we're talking. I'm just telling you, if you're you're always trying to just look at the way things. It's not necessarily what it what it appears to be. It's it's if you're looking at the cards, you're missing the trick.
Speaker 2: All right, I got it. Okay, I got it. I got it. Thanks, Jim, appreciate it. That was quick. Let me go next to Ken in Waltham. Ken, I don't know if you're looking at the cards missing the trick, but what's your thought.
Speaker 8: Well, let me acknowledge this is I heard this first from Jake Russian Cloth if I'm pronouncing his name.
Speaker 2: Right now, from the fourth Congressional District. Yep.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So I want to give him credit, and I hope I don't misrepresent what he said, but it was. It was when Trump first started talking about pulling funding from Harvard, and what the congressman said was that he'd been working for with Harvard for quite a while and they've really changed. You know, he's a Harvard alum. He's also Jewish. They've changed a lot of their policies. He was very happy about that. What he and he said Harvard was happened actually, and he referred to it as kind of a win win for everybody. And his opinion was as far as the Trump mentality is that Trump doesn't see he sees everything as winners and losers and somebody just has to be a loser in his mind, and applying it to this case, I guess maybe he thinks and going back to was that who's the guy you talked to a lot from Harvard and he was talking about Trump? Harvey? Yes, you know, Harvey gave the kind of Trump's motivation, but I I potentially anyway, my thought about this is maybe Trump thinks Harvard hasn't lost enough and that's that's why he's not gonna stop and then and in his view it's it's not I'm not sure how much Trump cares about political capital as much as he cares about you know, maybe people he wants to hurt, or entities he wants to hurt.
Speaker 2: I guess that's one way of looking at looking at it. But his political capital, political capital is is a precious commodity, just like the money that you and I have in the bank. Now. If we decided to take all of our money and get on an airplane tomorrow and go to Vegas and bet it on a roulette wheel, and we're either going to win big or lose big. I don't think that's something that any of us would be swanted in doing. I mean, I just think this is that this is his legacy saying this is his legacy. Is he going to be a transformational president? Or is he going to be considered a guy who had two bites of the apple and missed both times. That's That's where I'm coming from.
Speaker 8: No, I, I this is where I think lou Actually, I think Loui's ideas might be better or more accurate, I'm sorry to say, than the ones I'm presenting. But you know, I think what lou was saying is Danny He's he doesn't think like you.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's pretty obvious.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thank goodness, right, Yeah, I think Yeah, I guess what I'm saying is his his retribution kind of revenge emotion just may overwhelm his you know, desire to have you know, his political Yeah.
Speaker 2: If that's true, then then he will have an early come uppance in November of twenty twenty six. He will lose the House, he'll lose the Senate. Uh, and he will be a double lane duck president.
Speaker 8: I don't know if that this is correct, by the way, I I you know, I think a lot of this is beyond my capability to figure out how Trump things. But but I think that what you just said too is what's dangerous for like what Ed and Worcester said about, you know, the government take nationalizing these universities and things, because.
Speaker 2: The whole concept of nationalizing it's like, come on, I mean, but isn't there something in the back of isn't there something in the back of your head when you use that word like the National Socialist Party of Nazi Germany?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 8: Well, but but not only that. You know, the Democrats will be in control one day, and then if they have control of the of the university, is what's going to happen? You know? I mean, I don't think that's necessarily I do ad outcome either, but I think Ed would be upset about, no.
Speaker 2: Doubt, and I would be as well. Then I would be as well. Ken love your calls, man, I gotta let you run here. You got it in on the five as well. Thanks tuck soon, right, good night. Six one said, we got a couple of open lines. Dial them in six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. We got the news coming up back right, after this, I'm celebrating a big milestone, my ten year anniversary with Awaken one any white loss. Let me put that into perspective. When I lost my thirty five pounds back in twenty fifteen, Apple had just released their first smart watch. We thought that was pretty futuristic. Amazon's Alexa had just arrived quietly waiting for someone to talk with her. President Obama was still in office, and believe it or not, you could still find a home in Newton for under half a million dollars. It's truly been that long. Through ten birthdays, countless fad diets that have come and gone, and even through the pandemic, my weight has stayed exactly the same. Well again, within a pound here and a pound there, it's been just fine. I have stayed under one seventy for ten years after having started at two oh five. Awaken one eighty has consistently delivered on their promise as the long term solution for a weight loss. If Awaken one eighty can keep me healthy and at the same weight under one seventy for over a decade, imagine what it can do for you if you want to lose weight, get healthy, and keep it off. The choice is clear, Awaken one anyweight Loss online and Awaken one adyweightloss dot com. And by the way, Awaken one eighty weight loss is really a great, great program. It's one that so many friends of mine have participated in. I could not recommend. I don't know what I would be doing today if I still weighed one hundred. Well, I weigh two oh five, okay, I mean every time I walk up a flight of stairs, every time I work out in the gym. It would have been too much. But thank God for what it was. One of those decisions that for me was a life changer. It can be for you as well. Awaken when any weight loss dot com.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on YOUBS Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep rolling here as we head towards the eleven o'clock hour. Next up is Jack Newton. Jack, you sent me an email today. I almost responded to it. I'm glad you're listening because I knew we were going to talk about this tonight. And I'm glad you called Garret ahead.
Speaker 5: Jack Porter. Yeah, I've been an affiliated with Harvard for like forty three years, going back to nineteen eighty two and this is the it's it's never been more united, you know, against the president tickets really wasting his time. He's not going to destroy Harvard and he's going to ruin Republican chances. Yeah, he should concentrate on the economy and getting the hostages back and the wars in Ukraine and Gaza. One thing he has done is he's reunited all the schools you know there was all and a lot of alumni like Bill Ackman, and has limited his criticism and President Summers, who was very critical of what President Kay and the others did. Everyone's very united on this, you know, in this fight against what.
Speaker 2: Okay, having seen that, why do you think Trump doesn't understand Harvard wrote this letter which I read last hour, and I hope you've seen it. You probably saw it before I did, uh, in which they made many concessions. They really did. They made many concessions. Uh, And and concessions in writing which he could have used. That's the point I was trying to make Jack, you know. And why would he not be smart enough to say, well, I got Harvard, We've won this, and we're gonna we're going to stay on top of it, and we're going to make sure that that they follow through on their promises.
Speaker 5: Well, I think one theory is I can't explain his mind totally. He really hate he hates Pemmy Pritzker and the family, and he's just a vendetta against her because they suit him and over some development in Chicago and they brought him out and he didn't pay his portion of it. There's a whole story, part of part of it could even be that, I mean, I'm not I wouldn't put it past them, you know, for to turn this into a personal thing, so that that could be one reason why he's going after Harvard. I don't know. I mean, I just I don't think anyone really understands why he's doing this. Uh well, you know the students, he thinks they're terrorism. Come on, this is craziness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, I was appalled at what happened at Columbia. Uh, Columbia was far worse than than Harvard.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Bad stuff happened at Harvard. They were Jewish kids who were who were assaulted, they were Jewish kids who were impeded. All of that. And guess what Harvard has acknowledged that they've admitted it. It's like, take the victory and go home. Take the victory.
Speaker 5: Anybody who reads the task Force written by my friend Professor Pencler and others, it's an excellent set of recommendations. Antisumitism has come down after Semitic incidents have totally disappeared. Everything was going great until mister Trump starts to salvo against Harvard. Now he just reunited everybody you know against him, doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a marvelous talent. He has to coalesce his political appodents.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't. I don't take Creus. You know, he's he he can't run again. And the Republicans if they run a lot of them are going to lose in November. And what does he care?
Speaker 2: I mean, well, yeah, he may not lose, but his legacy will be in shambles. But whatever, I mean, that's fine.
Speaker 5: With the second term is it's horrible, it's horrible. Let them concentrate on stopping the war in Ukraine, in Israel, the hostages ISRAELI.
Speaker 2: I think I would be focused on Iran.
Speaker 5: What they're doing, Okay, running.
Speaker 2: Very close, they're getting very very close to having a bomb. Okay, and you know as well, as that those lunatics will take that bomb and throw it in on Israel tomorrow if they got it tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Right, you know, I'd have to ask the question. I don't know who asked it. Was it Bush or somebody?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: Do you feel safer now than you were four years ago? No? I do you feel economically better off now than you were? I mean he's just giving everything over to the Democrats only. I mean, listen, they need no I.
Speaker 2: Would say this. I would say this. The Ukraine War did not start on his watch. It started on on Biden's watch. Did not start on his wall.
Speaker 5: Even before Biden. It goes way back.
Speaker 2: Well I know that, but but but the troops were massed on the border and Biden said don't, don't, don't, don't invade, and Putin invaded. So I don't know. I look, maybe I'm going to look at this a little different historically than you. I'm not. I don't think Biden was was was a good president at all. And I think he was a disastrous president.
Speaker 5: Well he was. He was weak. But but President Trump can cannot stop puton either.
Speaker 8: What is he going to do?
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see, we'll see. I think the jury is still out on that chat. Okay, let's talk to me about that three months from now, six months ago. Okay. And to say that Trump can't stop him, I think you could work some sort of a deal with Putin. With Putin, I mean, Putin's not gonna walk away and leave everything on the table. Uh. So there has to be some accommodation to end this. In my opinion, Jack, we've covered the waterfront. I gotta let you run.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks man, all right, thank you, all rank you soon.
Speaker 2: All right, let me keep rolling here. Okay. Theodore in Baltimore, Theodore, and you're next on nightside, Theodore. I'm gonna tell you right now, you got five minutes. Everybody's getting five to this hour. Go ahead.
Speaker 9: The word for Trump is an abomination. Now, I'm alf an American. So I'm an outliner, outliner on your station because you don't get many many people like myself calling.
Speaker 2: I think I get more calls than you want to acknowledge.
Speaker 9: To be really honest with you, Well, well maybe I'm wrong then, but you know I hate to use the word naive to You'll call us and to you, you're naive. You're not eve about what Donald Trump wants to do Project twenty twenty five. Their stated goal. It's a disrupt what they call the administrative state and basically take over everybody in the government who's ah uh uh who oversees uh these agencies, the uh inspected generals, he's fired them. Everybody who oversees voting, he's fired them. And in reference to people thinking like yourself, well it's just going to end, I no, No. He wanted to stop this war in Ukraine because he tried in part he's still trying to equal mister Obama. He wants a he wants the Peace Prize for his so called.
Speaker 2: Making hold on Theatre. Barack Obama was given a Peace Prize, was voted the Peace Prize before he became president. So I don't know how you can look at that award and say, oh, that was a deserved award. Number two, the the invasion of Crimea.
Speaker 9: Which happened on me AMA's watch, I understand.
Speaker 2: And what did we do about it? Nothing?
Speaker 9: Didn't do anything. Nothing, because well, once again, once again I just said he wants to get I didn't say the award was deserved. However you look at it, he wants to get one. He wants to get one because he hates people like me. Donald Trump is a racist, and he's proven it with all the things that he's done to me.
Speaker 2: Now, you, Theodore, tell me about all the black guys like you who voted in greater number for Donald Trump than any other Republican president since then, you know, probably since the turn of the century, well the center of the twentieth century.
Speaker 9: Miss Hurris got ninety five percent of the black vote. She got the overwhelming majority of black men the.
Speaker 5: Voting for her.
Speaker 9: You got a little, He had maybe five to mister Trump.
Speaker 2: Go check it out.
Speaker 9: I'm checking on amplictly, approximately ninety. No, miss Harrison, another thing, you get a number in our community we call in Theatore Weekend community.
Speaker 2: If you want. If she had gotten ninety five percent of the black foes, we would be calling her today, Madam President.
Speaker 9: No, sir, no, sir, what do you get the what poll are you citing there?
Speaker 5: For me?
Speaker 2: Theaterre you're you're convinced of that.
Speaker 9: I'm looking at a Quinney pac Poe. I'm looking at the ABC CNN poll.
Speaker 2: I will look at those tomorrow.
Speaker 10: He didn't get a few more.
Speaker 9: Fact, I'm gonna look at.
Speaker 2: I'm going to look at those polls. I'm going to look at those polls during this break, and we're going to go to break right now, and I will read you some of those polls when we get back on the other side.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, all.
Speaker 2: Right, thanks, I appreciate your call. Good night, We'll be back right after this.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, Theodore, if you're still listening, please go to Navigator Research dot org post election survey amongst Black voters, Harris did not get ninety five percent, as I said. If she had, she would now be called Madam President. She got eighty one percent. Trump got fourteen percent of Black voters, and he did better amongst black men than he did amongst black women. So amongst black men, Trump got twenty four percent of Black men who voted for Trump in twenty twenty four. Now, again, you don't win elections. Black men were seventy one to twenty four. So every fourth black guy you see in Baltimore, he's racist. And by the way, black men under the age from the age of eighteen to fifty four voted for him twenty one percent. Twenty one percent Black men fifty five and over, older black men like yourself voted only three percent for Donald Trump. They voted ninety three percent. So again, your figures are so far off. You know, Vice President Harris would have become would have become the next president of the United States. Okay, let's keep rolling here. I know it gets it gets controversial. I'm simply saying he's making a mistake. All of you want to say, it's just in his gut. That's fine. Next up, Bob is in Nevada, Bob, you are next on Nightsiger, right.
Speaker 3: Ahead, Yes, Dan, good evening. Formerly Bob from California.
Speaker 2: Well, welcome ear in another state. Yes, that's that's that's that's close.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Bob, Yeah, exactly. I agree with's what President Trump is doing. I do not think he's overreaching ninety five percent. I'm guessing of Americans get narrow benefit from these colleges. Okay, if they want to send their children, they pay, They pay to the nose. Yep. So I think you know, the bigger question is why are these colleges under a five h one seed nonprofit status. Solve the whole problem by letting them or making them pay taxes Okay, that's that's number one. Number two that Harvard talks about all this research. What research, okay, what research?
Speaker 2: Well, the research. There are a lot of hospitals that are associated with so called teaching universities such as Harvard, so that money does flow through Harvard to MGH and Harvard affiliated hospitals and by the way, to bok out. I don't disagree with you. I think that for example, in Boston, you have all these colleges that take up all of this land space and all they do is they make a payment to the city of Boston, but they are on property which they have property taxes. Boston College, Boston University, Northeastern, Emerson, all of these great schools Suffolk. But it's never going to happen because there's a lot of people who who would be apposed to that. I just think that's a political non starter for either party in my opinion. We'll disagree, we can we can agree to disagree on that.
Speaker 3: Well, I know, I think you might be right. It might be a non starter. Unfortunately, but you know, the pharmaceutical companies, okay, they get a lot of benefit. They get free research courtesy of the American tax payers. Okay, at Harvard and these other universe especially Harvard. Okay, the pharmaceutical companies says, you know, I'm making billions people pay through the nose for these prescription drugs. My point to that is you use there at national ice A while ago, I do believe we should naturalize the pharmaceutical companies.
Speaker 2: Well again, the problem, the problem with that language is that there's some bells in the back of my head when I hear people talking about national anything that makes me think of uh Germany National Socialist Party in Germany that nationalized industry, nationalized universities, nationalized everything by this little guy, this little pip squeak called Hitler. And I just don't think that's a great I think that's apathetical to what we're supposed.
Speaker 3: To be about, right right, But okay, maybe that's the wrong word. But the pharmaceutical like I said, this research is does it benefits interests like the pharmaceutical companies? Okay, it just.
Speaker 2: Which arguably, arguably, Bob, you know, arguably the argue. The argument is that when someone comes up with a miracle drug that does this or that, the people who are ultimately benefited are the people who can use that drug and extend their lives or make their lives more comfortable.
Speaker 3: That's the argument, right, right, But yeah, yeah, no again. But in terms of Harvard, make them pay taxes. End of the story, you were.
Speaker 2: You are, you were, you were. I'm not going to convince you on that, So I'm gonna I'm gonna let you runk. I'm going to try to get a couple more in. Okay, thanks man, love you call Love. Thanks tonight. Margie and Plymouth. Margie's gonna get you in here, but you gotta be quick for me. Go ahead, Margie.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I agree with the last caller. I am getting really sick. I paid my way through our PI.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. That's a tough school.
Speaker 11: By the way, my bunnet to go and pay off my last little bit of money, working ninety eight hours a week between Boston, Bedford and Chelmsford and all these people that think that they deserve No, we can do a lot better with them with our money and to take care of our people from the United States by using by cutting a lot of stuff. And I do agree with what he's doing cutting. I've worked for the government.
Speaker 5: I was in the.
Speaker 11: Military, I was in several civilian and they where's the whole hell of a lot of money, and if he can go and cut it and go and get money to where it's needed as compared to just going and puffing up a budget, I am all for.
Speaker 2: It, all right, Margie, I got you in and you said it, well, thank you, thank you very much. We'll talk to you and calm night, thank good night. All I got John, you're going to be the last caller. I only got a couple before you go for it. I'm trying not to interrupt.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, John, Sure, just a couple, just a couple questions here that are on the top of my mind. I mean, number one is a convicted fella in office. It's his obsession with Harbor, taking down Harvard and distract him from the important social media tasks, maintaining his feud with Bruce Springsteen and Taylor Swift, and also his social media duties is do his duties such as yesterday, like wishing all Americans a happy Memorial Day, you know, including the scum as he put it, the radical left scum and the corrupt lunatic judges. And then also the second point is well his obvious heartfelt ah zeala stance against anti Semitism. Well, it caused him to do the unthinkable and return the big, beautiful bowen jumbo jet that Qatar, the former sponsor of hamas Uh was was so gracious as to give. I mean, I mean the American people as a free and clear gift, no strings attached, no favors expected.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, you know, the questions you ask are rhetorical questions. I think the last one is a little ridiculous. I felt it was a mistake for him to accept that gift, whether it's to the Defense Department or to himself. At the same time, the argument, which I do at least understand, is that he is trying to bring some of those smaller Arab nations into line with the Abraham Accords, which are a much more important resolution to benefit peace in the Middle least as well as Israel, if he's ever able to pull that off, which I have no idea if he will, John, I owe you time next time. But you know you can read the clock as well as I can. Thank you for the rhetorical questions, and I thank you it's always for listening and calling.
Speaker 3: Have a good one, got a good night, Good.
Speaker 2: Night, to the callers in the line. Sorry, I have a guest coming up after eleven, if you'd like to stay there. We're going to talk about empathy to concept probably you've never heard of, but I think you're going to understand it, and I think you might enjoy the conversation coming up on the other side of the eleven o'clock news. Stay with us, everybody,