Speaker 1: It is Minnesota. Good bye time and Jenny, what are you doing later today? You have some kind of a cool thing that you are, like an influencer panel or.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm just speaking on a panel.
Speaker 4: It's just an event where there's a few other influencers I guess quote unquote in the Twin Cities that are going to speak on it. It's done by kind of like a branding pr social media company, and so yeah, you could buy a ticket for like ten bucks or something and then you can come see what we.
Speaker 3: Have to say. And I don't really know what I'll be saying. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: They said us a list of questions already of like kind of what we're going to be.
Speaker 3: Talking about and stuff.
Speaker 2: So are you speaking too?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't think that it's a specific It's just the company is putting on this event. So whoever bought tickets for it and it did sell out, so yeah, yeah, And I don't.
Speaker 3: Think it's it's not like huge.
Speaker 4: It's not like three hundred people are going to be there, but I mean probably like fifty one hundred maybe.
Speaker 2: But I'm just curious.
Speaker 1: So it is people who want to be better social media influencers or is it the social media people that you know, like at some little company.
Speaker 2: You don't know who the audience is.
Speaker 3: I don't know who the target audience is.
Speaker 4: I think it's just people who want to learn about social media for the most part, and just like influencing, but it's not so specific to that. It's kind of like how do you even build who you are on social media?
Speaker 3: You know, like how do you whatever? So it's a lot of like branding and stuff.
Speaker 4: And I mean, I think that my experience is so very different than the other people who are going to be on this panel because they're like what I would define as actual influencers, whereas like I work in radio, you know, and so that's why I have a following, and I have a following based on solely a personality, I think, whereas some of the other people, like one girl is like a home design person, so that's her entire instagram is like home design, and so mine is very different because I just know other influencers who like they do something specific like foody stuff, and if they post anything else about their life, people aren't interested, like they're only following them for like foody stuff.
Speaker 5: The one thing that they're influencing.
Speaker 4: So I feel like we are lucky if you consider all of us influencers on social media, because we're allowed to post actually our life and what we like to do. We don't just have to post about the new couch we got and how we decorated it, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think, and we will all freely admit this and Fallon and I used to talk about this. We had two thoughts on social media. One is the main reason, the primary reason, if not the only reason we have tons of media social media followers is because we're on the radio and we get to to So when people ask me, like Dave, how do you get so big on social media?
Speaker 2: Get a radio show?
Speaker 1: And I'm like kind of joking, but it's like, I know people who are wonderful and they've got like.
Speaker 2: Three hundred followers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then they'll post something up and it's really cool and it's like wow, and they'll get like a heart and no comments and it's like okay. So I mean one of the big things and then found and I admitted this one was we wouldn't have a presence on social media if we didn't have a big radio show, but at the same time, and this is where we do give ourselves a little pat on the back because the boss is not Rich or Greg. But some of the big bosses would say, you wouldn't have a social media following if it wasn't for your radio show. True, but we have cultivated and grown that into something that's like fun and respectable and powerful or whatever you want to say. So, yeah, just because we get the power of KODB to advertise our pro our platforms.
Speaker 2: You could go there and they could suck, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, you could look at some big people in radio in bigger markets and ours like New York, and we have a bigger following them.
Speaker 2: Then yeah. Oh, and it's true.
Speaker 1: And it always surprised me because I think a lot of radio DJs have said this forever.
Speaker 2: They're lazy, lazy, lazy.
Speaker 1: And that's one of the reasons we've got ahead, is because all you got to do in radio to do good is to work harder than the other ninety percent of people. And if you're in the ninety percent, then okay, you're never gonna stand out. Well, good good for you. Give me your number one rule on social media, Jenny, what's your number one rule.
Speaker 4: Be authentic, don't be a do and don't promote stuff that you don't believe in, because like that's what realistically influencers do it to make money. And when you promote shit you don't believe in, then people are not going to trust you.
Speaker 1: I'm not in a position where anybody asked me really to promote shit at all.
Speaker 5: So we do that.
Speaker 4: But we do that with like our radio endorsements, you know, like we'll post on social media about things that we're endorsing on the radio.
Speaker 3: So that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's so it's like we've always said we don't endorse things that we don't believe in on the radio.
Speaker 3: It's the same for social media.
Speaker 1: Okay, very interesting. Let's get to the email and see what's going on. I was listening to the Minnesota Goodbye about how annoyed people are about kids calling in on no phone screen or Friday. How about instead of no kids ever, maybe once a month or once every other month, you do only kids, no phone screen or Friday. That way, kids still feel included if they know which Friday, it's going to be just an idea Happy Friday, Junior. That's from Tracy I think that's a very generous idea, but I'm not going to do it because kids on the radio are too hit and miss.
Speaker 2: They really are. Some of them are.
Speaker 1: Adorable and so like effervescent and chatty and prepared and whatever, and other ones are like every other kid, Hi, what's your name Samantha?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well what's going.
Speaker 2: On in Pantha?
Speaker 4: Dave pausites for a second to like let them speak, and then when they don't, Dave has a jump hyah.
Speaker 2: Nahhing, great, well what are you doing today?
Speaker 6: Go?
Speaker 2: And you get the idea.
Speaker 1: So, kids are not good on the radio. So we we basically asked people a week or so ago, what do we talk about too much on the radio? And people, you know, took their time to to tell us what they like or don't like about the show, and it was very positive for the most part. But people said, you know, kids on no phone screen or Friday, and so we said, well, we're gonna make a rule. We're gonna do this on today's no phone screen for Friday sixteen and over please, and if there's a violation of the rule, we'll play the hockey horn sound just to have some fun with it. So I don't want to hurt Little Samantha's feelings if she calls in and she and mom is proud to get her on the radio, so we're gonna get the message out. Don't put Little Samantha in that position. Yes, yeah, and also don't don't give shout outs, cause we do shout outs, but not on Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Goodbye.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Tracy. Let's go to the next one. Did do? Here we go, Jenny Bailey, Dave and Vont. My name is Samantha. Funny, first time writing in. I've thought about writing in a lot of times and never got around to it. I've been listening to the Dave Ryan Show since i was in elementary school. For context, I'm now twenty nine years old. I gotta start by saying the typical y'all are my favorite. I know you hear it all the time, but I can't help tell you, guys how you truly make my mornings. I wanted to tell you, guys some of my favorite things that each one of you say or do that stick out to me. I'll start out with Dave, whenever you say something so out of pocket, and then immediately follow up with I'm kidding it's a joke. Yep, Jenny, I know, Jenny. I don't think there's anything you specifically do or say that sticks out to me, but I truly just love your energy. You have this positive aura that just shines bright, and even when you're being real on a hard topic, you do so in a calm and collected manner that just has positive undertones. It seems natural to you, Vont. I literally die every time you say justice for Vont, especially in a time where it's such a sibling like bickering topic between y'all. Bailey, you have this awesome, unique and quirky vibe that you bring to the show and I love it. Also, your sound effects top tier truly. Anyway, hope this makes uh, this makes it. It's kind of long, but I just had to tell you that you really do spark joy in so many lives just by being you. No dart licking for this girl, all right, Sincerely, Samantha Hubert.
Speaker 2: Thanks Samantha.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny when people say, I know you hear this all the time, and you probably get tired of hearing it.
Speaker 2: No, never, never, if.
Speaker 1: The show means enough to you to come up and tell me how much the show means to you. That means the world. It really does. And so if you ever see me out at an event, or you see me out at a Twins game or something and you want to say something and you want to say that, please do it mean that's that is the most rewarding thing we can get besides a paycheck out of the show. So and especially, you know, I think about this a lot, not a lot, but here and there. I think about how I was pretty much invisible in high school and didn't really mean a lot to anybody except you know, two or three close friends and my mom and dad. But to be able to mean something to somebody in their life now really is very powerful to me. It is and I think, you know, as somebody who blended in all my life until I got into radio, to have people come home and tell me that I mean something to them, you never get over that.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: It's it's such a like, I don't know, it's it's a strange feeling to think that there are people who listen to us every day because realistically I just feel like I'm talking to you guys in the studio.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. So then when you go out in the wild and someone's like and I'm like, well, yes.
Speaker 5: It's that.
Speaker 6: And like when even people I do know that listen, they'll think that they're like hanging out with me or you know, I'm sure your family is like that too. Oh oh golly had to do it, But yeah, they feel like they're hanging out with you. And because they get they technically get to because they get to listen to you.
Speaker 5: But you're like, oh, we were hanging out.
Speaker 6: I wasn't there, and so then you're like, oh, gosh, I wish I spent more time with my friends and my family.
Speaker 5: And they're like, oh, but I spent time with you. You just didn't know about. Oh geez, this child.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh god, I hope like.
Speaker 3: You got a handkerchief over there you just hold on to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you a.
Speaker 2: Box of clean except my side through the show.
Speaker 3: Do you know if you have like dust or something in that house?
Speaker 4: I swear to God, every time you're there, all of a sudden it's coughing and it's snifflely noses and I just don't get it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you invest in getting your like pipes cleaned out or your filters clean whatever that stuff.
Speaker 5: You invest in that. Oh there's no way. It's the he's got thin air.
Speaker 4: He's got at least like eight sneezes in him at a time. Typically Bailey's two to three. I only get a one. I'm kind of jealous of you guys. I'm not jealous of Dave. I'm jealous of Bailey. I would go for two to three sneez I.
Speaker 6: Thought that they were supposed to like come in threes. They say, like, oh, sneezing comes in threes.
Speaker 2: I thought, so, yeah.
Speaker 1: I literally can sneeze forty times, and sometimes I'll sneeze like like like it's just so hard, so it's awful. They're one of my favorite jokes that I learned when I was like starting out in comedy. This guy goes to his doctor and he's doctor. He's like, doctor, I got a really bad problem. Every time I sneeze, I have an orgasm. What Yeah, every time I sneeze, I have an orgasm. The doctor said, well, what are you taking for it? The guy says, pepper, that's an slapper, thank you.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The first time I heard that song was from old some old That song. That joke was from old an old school comedian. And I've remembered it forever. So all right, next one, Hello everybody, Happy Friday. I'm cracking up listening to Dave talking about his ship dream. Yes, I have dreams where I'm covered in shit. I'm trying to wipe it off, but the towel has got shipped all over it. I got ship all over the table. I mean literally, there's a toilet full of shit, and I don't know what it means.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Somebody had said it's because there's something in your life that you.
Speaker 2: Won't let go of, oh that you need go.
Speaker 1: Right, And then somebody else said, no, that something else completely different. So this person goes on to say her name is Liz, and she says, I've never had that one before, but I remember my college roommate telling me about when she had one.
Speaker 2: In her dream.
Speaker 1: She had bags full of shit that she hung up on the blades of a ceiling, and when she turned the ceiling fan on, the bags exploded and there was shit flying everywhere, including all over the walls, over the furniture, all over my friends. She was trying to wipe it off her face. I laugh every time I pictured that actually happening in real life. Okay, well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that has a shit dream. Also, you guys were talking about taking ap classes and getting college credits here in high school. Somewhere in the middle of my college years, I remember meeting a girl in one of my college classes who was bragging to me, I got so many college credits in high school. I'm going to graduate college in two and a half years. I remember thinking, why the fuck would you want to graduate early? These are the best days of my life. I never want to leave. I proceeded to add on a minor t buy me another semester so I could keep living with my best friends, partying multiple nights out of the week, and hook it up with guys. But I know not everybody has positive college experiences that keep being awesome.
Speaker 3: From Liz Listen, I would have been friends in college. We would add a good time list.
Speaker 6: I mean, the reason I would want to go in with multiple credits is to save money.
Speaker 4: I was going to say that that's only the only reason for me, because I had one roommate my senior year. Because I lived with eight girls my senior year or seven, and one of the girls graduated a semester early. Because she had enough credit, but she still like lived with us and continued living in the college experience and stuff for like the duration of our lease. So that No, I totally would have graduated early to save the money. That's the only reason.
Speaker 6: But hey, power to you, that sounds great, Like I'm going to add a minor. I ended up adding like we we had miners, but we also had like major emphasies, so you could add multiple emphasies to your major, and that's what I did, and I still graduated. I was just like taking way too many classes in every semester doing but.
Speaker 3: Then did you have to pay more?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: Really, I mean you just like switched your classes around, and I would.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I felt like I was doing like a spy or whatever.
Speaker 6: So I'd switch my classes around so that they could serve multiple purposes and end up getting a double emphasis. There was definitely classes I took that I did not need to take because I changed my major like three times, so I could have saved even.
Speaker 5: More money and graduated even earlier. But whatever you live, you learn. That's kind of the point of college.
Speaker 1: So many things I wanted to ask about because I know Ginny and Bailey's college experience was like polar opposites. I'm gonna guess maybe not. I'm sure cross the line a little bit with you know, the party and things like that. But my daughter Allison was like, not the drinker, not the party er. She loved college for all the activities and clubs and things like that, but on Saturday nights and Friday nights, she was like in her room studying, or she'd go to like Applebee's with her friends or something like that, but was not the hookup and drink kind of a girl at all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I was definitely hanging out with my friends watching Twilight on Saturday nights. I never, I think I went to like three parties total in college, and they were all theater cast parties.
Speaker 2: So with every student in Pioneer Hall. Did you know that every.
Speaker 3: Every single I never went to Pio and women?
Speaker 6: Dare you say at Pioneer Hall Hof Dairy Hall Tell was the party hall.
Speaker 3: When I was there.
Speaker 2: Territorial is that it is?
Speaker 3: So now?
Speaker 4: The Superdome isn't even like where the kids stay because they built like new dorms that are fancy and shit, so nobody has to live in the slums of the super Block.
Speaker 1: All I know is there's a plaque in the hallway in Pioneer Hall that said, in twenty eleven, Jenny slept with every guy and fourteen women in this hall.
Speaker 4: I will say that my freshman year was probably my weakest year of hookups. There weren't that many my year. Yeah, could have been better, could have been better. You got to app up here shortly.
Speaker 1: Iye on Monday's Minnesota Goodbye, Ginny will tell us how many hookups she had in her freshman year.
Speaker 2: That's coming up.
Speaker 1: Send your emails into ryanshow at KDWB dot com. Love you have a great weekend. Thank you for listening to the Minnesota Goodbye Ryan Show at KDWB dot com.