Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: At fifty five r C the talk station Fridays. Some excuse me, must be Friday. There's a woo hoo confirmation from Joe Strecker, Executi producer of the fifty five Cary Morning Show. My name is Brian Thomas, hosted the fifty five Krsey Morning Show. And it being Friday, of course I love Friday's Tech Friday with Dave Hatter and apologies right out of the gate head to use a cough button there. Soon enough, this will go away, at least, I hope so at least I know I'm not alone in this cough struggle too. If you care to call, I'd love to hear from you. Enjoy talking to the listeners, and rather hear your voice than my own. Five to one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty eight hundred and eighty two to three talk or pound five fifty on AT and T funds. Remember fifty five care Sea dot com. Get your iHeart Metia app. I are over there listening to Jay Ratliffe, yucked it up, Yes, say a lot of great stories with Iart media aviation expert Jay Ratliff David Rharsini with the book The Rise of bluing on another great conversation or an opportunity to get the book right there. The information from Bob Wetterer about the wish Tree program back in full swing holiday season. Let's think about giving to those in need. So easy to do with the wish tree. They are all over town. So grab an ornament off the yell wish tree and make it really easy for you to give to someone in huh, someone in need. So there you go. Fifty five care Sea dot com for all that and so much more. Coming up on the morning show mentioned tech Friday, the day of Hatter Today. Hey, apparently burglars have figured out how to jam Wi Fi powered security cameras. I guess it'd be like your ring doorbell. All right. That's why we have Dave around so we can know how to well what they're doing and maybe a workaround to prevent them from hacking into him. Parents should buy dumb phones for kids. Sextortion cases among teens are on their ice a reason for dumb phones. We talked to them about dumb TVs, since all the TVs seem to be smart these days. In fact, I went and searched for dumb TVs after our conversation about smart TVs and all the spying they're doing on you. I think the creepiest thing about those is it's one thing to be hooked up to the internet, make it really easy for you to log into Netflix or one of your favorite streaming services. Is the idea that they have cameras and microphones in them, and you know, we see well, no kidding, Thomas gets twenty twenty four, but that they're actively listening to you. That just creeps me out. I don't know, I'm sorry, I remember reading nineteen eighty four orwell, this all sounds so orwellian, and yet we invite this into our own homes. We go out and pay money for someone to surveil us, and you go ahead and admit it. You've got it acts a little little smart device. You tell me what blah blah blah blah blah. My sister's got one of those, and I will admit being over to her place and you can talk to it's it's awesome in so many ways. I want to hear this following song and it'll play it, But then there's a creepy reality that it's listening to you all the time. So I just I don't want one. I've been able to live my life this long without one, And just as a matter of principle, I do not want to invite George Orwell into my home or big brother, as the case may be. And I know you, my listening audience would resis did all day long if the government came and said you must have one of these devices in your home, you would be screaming bloody murder. And I know the flip side of that is, Hey, we love to have choice in this morning. If I want to invite one of these things into my home and listen to my conversations all day long and I've got nothing to hide. Uh yeah, it is your choice, but you should really contemplate that latter decision, at least from my standpoint. And it's Cincinnati cyberwek No. I don't know what that means. But that's why we have Dave Hatter Tech Friday coming up at six point thirty and seven o five in studio the incomparable Peter Bronson. He's got a new book out and we'll be talking about that, talk about some of his other books. Excuse me here real quick. The new book promised Land, how the Midwest was one that's a story of the earliest setters along the Ohio River, or battle to survive, opening up the Northwest charity territory, poverty, starvation, and it says here torture and abduction by hostile Indians and the British. I suppose it shouldn't say Indians there, it should say Native Americans. Whatever. Anyway, Peter Bronson, I love that guy. He's just a brilliant writer. He writes a wonderful, wonderful book. And we will talk about Promised Land among other topics during the seven o'clock hour. It's gonna be wonderful seeing Peter face to face and Brian Eyebold the Help Squad, Brian's charity. Former Cincin police officer retired after twenty three, four or five years of service. Brian is now heavily invested in charity and Help Squad his charity. We'll hear from Brian about what's going on with that. Again, it's that time of year, going back to my comment about Bob and the Wish Tree. So aight O five for that and then finally, oh my god, look what's on the schedule at eight thirty. My dear friend Kimberly the Mediterranean Food Festival, Saint Anthony A Padawas, You'll be in studio, hopefully bringing along some kibbi and some other delightful Middle Eastern treats. I dearly love that food, So feel free to call me at five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk down five fifty on AT and T phone. I'm sure you've heard of by now. Matt Gates. He's out Withdrew Is, the Attorney general nominee facing the allegations a sexual conquest with a seventeen year old or something like that from back in twenty seventeen. The weight, the pressure, the focus got too heavy for the Trump administration. I'm sure they wood shed at him and said, you know, Matt, it's it's it's just not going to work. You got too many problems on your hands. And since we were talking about Attorney General of the United States of America, these sort of looming charges over your head or these investigations that have happened just just going to make it too difficult for some of the senators vote for you, And we don't want to start off on the wrong foot. Now the question is what's he going to do with Pete heg Zath. Yeah, the body of Matt Gates wasn't even cold yet when we have now allegation about Pete heg Zath. Members the Trump administration described as blind sided regarding this, going back again, what is it with a county you're twenty seventeen and sexual allegations involving members of well potential members of Donald Trump's cabinet. Anyway, Pete, and this is a goofy. I give you the details because the police released the report heavily redacted. But the police investigated this incident around the time it happened, involving Pete hegzav the man nominated lead the Pentagon. And I think about, you know, the Epstein tapes and all the claims that there's so much information behind the scenes that has not been released regarding what was going on with Epstein at his house, the videos that he can't cap, the fact that he was indeed a pedophile, convicted, a total pervert. You know, we've got Pedo Island, all these noted notables, wealthy, rich, famous folks hanging out with them, spending time on the island, And I don't know how you get invited to those circles. I'm glad I never was, but some weird stuff goes down among those rich and famous people. We all know that. We all know that there are many allegations against members of Congress who have been settled with taxpayer dollars, allegations regarding sexual misconduct. Are we ever going to see those come out? Or do we have to wait until one of them gets swelled a nominated for a cabinet position and then the details come out? Is this a Republican only thing? Are Democrats allowed to go out and engage in crazy sexual activity or what? I think that they get a pass on it. And this is one of the reasons I'm a little well libertarian. I don't care what you do. It's your morality, it's your life, it's your potentially, if you're a religious person, eternal damnation, whatever, it's your life. I can't change it. You want to say you're a chick when you're born a god, knock yourself out. Just don't try to convince me that it's true. Got a funny story on that one this morning too. Anyway, the Trump transition team hadn't been told about this original allegation before announcing Hegzeth as the head of the penet to be appointed to lead the Pentagon. So they were all a bit taken aback when the Monterey Cow, California City Police release this report about the twenty seventeen allegations against Hagzeth, again described as a heavily redacted report details of a night involving alcohol. Uh huh. Seriously, hey, Joe, do you ever hear of a night involving alcohol not turning out real? Well, for everybody, that never happens, does it. None of us have ever had an experience with alcohol where well we might have regret what we did the next day. And this one is a rather interesting set of factual circumstances. Now you can say what you want about Haxeth, and again I don't care. He isn't How do people get together these days? I look back at my dating years and wonder, you know, how does a man approach a woman if he is interested in her. You look across the room and you see a beautiful woman at a bar. Can you even walk over and talk to her these days? Or is that an assault? I don't know anyway, The Monterey Police said in this report that Hegseeth actually got a copy of back in March of twenty twenty one, because he was, of course the subject of the investigation. Transition Team however, wasn't told that a copy of the police report had been given to him previously, So again, this was sort of a out of them, Oh my god, I wish we knew about this ahead of time kind of thing. For Arson familiar with the transition team. This is another instance of people being blindsided. So I think there's rising frustration there. I imagine if this continues to be a drum beat in the press, and the press coverage continues to be bad, particularly on TV, then I think there's a real chance that he loses Trump's confidence. Of course, that means that Pete Hegseeth goes the way of Matt gats Hexeth old reporters on Capitol Hill yesterday after meeting with senators about his nomination, the matter was fully investigated. I was completely cleared, and through his novel though there was lawyer though he ignowed that the sexual that well, there was a sexual encounter, but it was consensual. Now you're gonna hold it against him, and he had a sexual account encounter with a woman that was consensual. Let's spring from that consensuality if in fact it was consensual. Are you thinking ill of Pete Hegzeth for engaging in a sexual encounter with a woman who willingly engaged in it with him, I personally wouldn't. Thankfully, some people try to stand on moral high grounds when it's convenient for them politically. Anyway, the Trump transition team said, hey, this report corroborates what Hegzet's attorneys have said all along. The incident was fully investigated. No charge were filed because police found the allegations to be false. That according to Trumps spokesperson Carolyn Levitt, one senator looking in this mark Waynie Mullen out of Oklahoma. I think he can explain a lot of the situation. I think he's going to be just fine. If you read it I either report, you can clearly see that it was two people flirting with each other. Well, at least in this case, you've got a police report, unlike the Brett Kavanaugh hearings, where people were just pulling things out of their sphincter and making them up as they went along about activities that happened in high school This happened after Hegseath had been divorced from his prior wife. Anyway, his lawyer, a guy named Timothy Parliatory, said, the police report confirms what I've said, all along with the incident was fully investigated. Police found the allegation's false, which is why no charges were filed and which is true. And that was at the time he was described as a rising star in Fox News and worried about the report. Worried about the allegations in the report, not that they were conclusive that he did something wrong. Again, it was dismiss It wasn't investigated, He wasn't prosecuted. It was a couple of drunk people flirting with each other. He actually paid the woman and got a non disclosure agreement. Back in twenty twenty, he was worried about his job at Fox News, and I understand that as well. That's why there are such things as payoff. Having worked as a litigation attorney, I can assure you I settled many cases that were completely defensible where my client did absolutely nothing wrong. But when you look at the expensive litigation and the black stain of public opinion, just looking at the idea that there was a claim. You know, you know what, I can write a small check and get this thing sealed, done over with, settled and out of the public limelight with a non disclosure agreement. Nobody gets harmed, nobody gets hurt, and we all go our separate ways. And it would cost a hell of a lot less money than keeping me retained at whatever, hundreds of dollars an hour I was being paid. That's why you settle stuff. And it happens all the time. They had surveillance video, a video footage from this that they went to a place called Knuckles Sports Bar. This was all going on at a hotel. A woman said things got fuzzy. She suggested maybe her drink was spiked at the bar. The woman told police she witnessed tech death. It was a witness there with her acting inappropriately. That's in quotes, including rubbing women on their legs maybe inappropriate. I don't know what what's it like going out in the dating world these days. I can admit that there were times in my life where I was rubbing a woman's leg and actually she thought it was quite appropriate. Talked to my wife anyway. Hexeth described as intoxicated. The woman seam coherent blah blah blah. Police support showed she was texting her husband. She told police heg death asked her who she was texting. They went to the hotel room together. This is just weird. Pose Sports said she was texting her husband, the woman who accused them of sexual improprieties. He was at the hotel with her and their children at the time this was going on, Hags that's described Its in the middle of getting a divorced from his second wife after fathering a child with a producer at the network presumably Fox News is what they're talking about. The woman told him that she would tell her husband she had fallen asleep in another hotel room. They apparently spent the night together. How do you get around that? See, the details are all crazy. Both of them sound like, well, you know, alcohol gotten a little best of both of them. Yes, they probably fooled around that night. Is that enough to ruin someone's political career? And how far down this road are we going to go? What is okay and what is not okay? Are we searching for the perfect? I think sometimes as we are five twenty two fifty five cars the talk station, They'll go, I'll be right back Saturday, mostly cloudy start, partly clatty. Later I have forty eight overnight go of thirty four clouds and a mostly sunny day on Sunday with the high fifty four looks second thirty four degrees right now fifty five. Kir Ceed talks days and.
Speaker 3: Donald Jane Trump and I improved this message.
Speaker 2: Five twenty four on a Friday, and a happy one to year.
Speaker 3: Maybe like to get I.
Speaker 2: Tell you you will nag So Matt Gate's out. He zeth under the microscope now questions whether swirling around, whether RFK Junior also is now going to go under the spotlight. I don't know what that guy's done in his life either. Question just generally speak the hexast stuff, you know. I obviously nothing criminal there, no investigator and nothing criminally charged. It's all over with, It's done with. And yes, maybe it was inappropriate in your mind what he did. Does that preclude him from being a part of the cabinet? Does it preclude him? Does it make him incompetent in the role that he was chosen to fill? Can you get the most competent qualified person on the planet. I think of Elon Musk over here in this sort of independent Doge department. Yeah, Elon Musk has got all kinds of crazy stuff going on in his background, doesn't he. That's a real character right there, And you can sort of analyze him from some sort of moral perspective, and you might find that you just don't quite cot into his morality. Look back at Bill Clinton. You know what bothered me about Bill Clinton. I've said it a million times since it happened, that whole Monica Lewins thing. You know, I get that honestly. Look at who he's married to. For God's sake. Now, if you go ahead and say, oh, Thomas, that's not right, that's not fair. He was married. Fine, he lied to us. That's what bothered me. Go back over the history of presidency in the United States of America. I bet you're hard president find one that was actually that committed to his marital obligations or marital vowels. RFK Junior, Lyndon Johnson Apparently he was a real swing. And you know what I mean, You can go on and on and on celebrities galore. Every married celebrity you've ever read about it in the paper is like, oh my god, they got like nineteen girlfriends on the side. Food fighters, Dave grow love the food fighters. Oh well, yeah, he's not morally perfect either. Who among us is where do we draw the line? If it wasn't criminal and I had nothing to do with the performance on the job, that it didn't involve, you know, a dereliction of duty or whatever, how far down into the weeds are we gonna go when we're staring at these candidates, are these people that have been selected for higher office or for cabinet positions. I don't know where the moral barometer begins and ends anymore. This is just why I'm expressing my outlawed frustration for all this. Yeah, okay, I give Bill Clinton a pass, And I would have given him a pass if he had just gone out and said, yeah, denit, sorry, I'm sorry. But you know what it's like being president of the United States of America, the leader of the free world, when you're married to a shrew like Hillary Clinton, who's evil, and our marriage is politically arranged, and she's got her own things going over there, We've got her own arrangement. There are things called open marriages, aren't there. You just don't telegraph to that to the world when you're running for president now, do you? Maybe they had one of those. I don't know, and again I don't care. I just don't like being lied to. Five twenty seven, five Karo City Talk Station. Feel free to chime in. Is this a controversial topic? I don't know. It's Friday, and I'm looking forward to the holiday week next week already. Don't away local stories to talk about phone calls. It's I got Jesse on the line. I'm looking forward to talking to Jesse as well as you. You'll be right back for many.
Speaker 4: Here you go.
Speaker 2: You're nine first one and one forecast, maybe a few flurries this morning. They say, oh wa today overcast, isolated afternoon showers and I high forty three tonight down to thirty eight, which is clouds tomorrow, mostly cloudy to start out with and it'll be partly cloudy later. And they had a little bit of sun I guess creeping in forty eight for the hide, down to thirty four of a night with bops and mostly Sunday day on Sunday fifty four for the hide. It's thirty forty degrees right now. For the five gar City Talk Station five thirty two on a Friday, and a happy one to you one hour from now tech front of a Dave hat or. I always love talking to Dave. Hope you enjoy hearing from it. Peter Bronson in studio at seven oh five, looking forward to that. And Jesse is on the phone. Thanks for holding on with the break there, Jesse, and welcome to the program. Happy Friday to you, Happy.
Speaker 5: Friday, Happy Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I'm twenty nine years old.
Speaker 5: I'm a construction worker for ten years now, and.
Speaker 6: I know about pretty women and things and temptation and so so do I.
Speaker 3: So anyway, I have to.
Speaker 7: Just be just like this one little thing that popped in my head.
Speaker 5: Temptation also has to.
Speaker 4: Do with corruption, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Of course, you know it was.
Speaker 8: Like ten thousand dollars sounds pretty good, or that you know, or the pretty girl or.
Speaker 4: That you know.
Speaker 2: Well, no, there is a fine there is. There is a an interesting sort of comparison. Now, one's morality is an individually determined thing. If you are a person of faith, then you apparently subscribe to particular rules, doctrine and dogmatic principles of faith. But if you are not, you may have a more open in mind when it comes to those things. But that's a subjective, individually determined thing. That's why I pointed out some people actually have open marriages. I don't get that concept, but some people do.
Speaker 3: You know, that doesn't mean that makes some decisions and whatever.
Speaker 2: You know, people make their own decisions. Yes, that doesn't mean it, but that's not criminal. It's criminal if you're accepting a bribe. You see, this is where this moral boundary come becomes blurred. You can suggest that this is a reflection of a broader character flaw and that someone who would do this is generally more inclined to be corrupt. But I don't necessarily believe that those two are the same because the moral realities are so different between people. But the law is the law. Accepting a bribe is accepting a bribe, you know. I mean that is clear defined. It's in the criminal statutes or codes. I mean, those are rules that are either broken or or not. But when it comes to morality, who wrote the rules and and whose morality we subscribe to? I mean, it's a fair point to make, but you really have to step back from it and realize that, you know, we're all not cut from the same chunk of cloth in those on those along those lines, you may choose to reject someone because they don't subscribe to your personal moral philosophy. And that's okay, that's your choice. That's why we have these discussions. But when it comes to these, you know, these allegations, and you know, the guy's drunk out in a party, he's divorced, he's having a good time, so he's on Fox News. Oh my god, there's Pete Hegke. You know, you know Hollywood celebrities. People want to sleep with them. It's like rock stars just because now if they have no reason to reject the temptation because they live by a different moral code, does that mean what they're doing is wrong. You may say yes, others may say no. Well, I personally don't believe that particular decision making on their part has a bearing on or a reflection on how they are going to be able to do their job. Going back to Dave Grohl, guy apparently gets around a lot. I guess he and his wife have figured and worked that out much in the same way Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton are still married after all that controversy and all those allegations going all the way back to Arkansas, and yet he still became president of United States of America. Maybe people suggest he was a very good president. You may feel differently about that. I kinda do too, But it's crazy. But how far deep in the weeds are we going to go? I mean, I'd like these hearings to be focused on competence. Is Pete Hagg's at the right guy for this job? Is he competent? Is he the best possible person Trump could have selected for this job? Do I care what he did on a Saturday night back in twenty seventeen. Apparently the police don't. Prosecutors don't. I know it's difficult, but it's Friday. Why not five thirty six fifty? I have care to see the talk station bumptiye. Plumbing is always plumbing done right. When you get plump tight on the job, you're gonna have wonderful plumbers working on your residential plumbing needs. And they do it all. Every conceivable plumbing project for your home, they'll do it. And they have an A plus the Better Business Bureau. And it's because a customer service is very important to the plumbers of plumb type. They really do take great care of you, I've I've witnessed it myself. I've had them over many times in my house and they are really great at what they do, and the price is always right, never selling you anything you do not need, keeping in touch with you, letting you know when they're on their way, so there's no question mark in your mind like one of those guys gonna show up. They gave me a two hour window. Always get the phone call ahead of times. I'll be there and according to GPS, fifteen minutes, get a photograph of the plumber when they send you the electronic communication as well. So whether you need a drain cleaned out, your water pressures, got problems, your toilet's leaking, if you've got a residential plumbing need from northern Kentucky all the way up to Dat and everywhere in between, they are on the job for you. Plus twenty four hour days, seven day a week emergency service. It's always plumbing done right and they live by that model. Five one three seven, two seven eighty four eighty three five one three seven to two seven tight online. You find them at plumb tight dot com. Listening to the conversation around our table.
Speaker 4: I think that the Senate should do its job. You think every nominee deserves a vote?
Speaker 1: What about Ukraine and Russia?
Speaker 3: Ukraine's ready to do a deal with us?
Speaker 5: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: And be better informed for the conversation around yours.
Speaker 3: We want you to come up with things and ideas.
Speaker 5: Constant chatter and conversation and concern.
Speaker 2: Good conversation, substantive conversations. Check in this Thanksgiving and throughout the holidays.
Speaker 4: When it's never more important.
Speaker 2: On fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 3: What's Up Everybody?
Speaker 4: Nine?
Speaker 2: First warning weather forecast overcast guys day. Isolated showers this afternoon forty three for the high, thouts overnight thirty eight for the low. Forty eight to high tomorrow with mostly cloudy skies. Segue into partly cloudy overnight, partly cloudy in thirty four, and a mostly sunny Sunday with a high fifty four thirty forty degrees. Right now, it's time for first traffic.
Speaker 1: From the U see how Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Kept personalized education and treatment options from the experts that you see help learn more at U see health dot Com. Highway traffic not too terribly banned to start off your Friday morning.
Speaker 1: No accidents to deal with.
Speaker 7: Some wet roads in some spots left over from yesterday's snow, but I'm seeing no trouble because of it. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk.
Speaker 2: Station, can you play John the Fisherman on Fridays? Of course at this time we always do. It's fly forty one fifty five KRC the talks agents, and right on top of the stack is stupid illustration of criminal versus one's specific sexual perceptions. So going to Marilyn Montgomery County, Maryland, we have a criminal law. There's laws on the books that you can't have sexual children for a multitude of legitimate reasons. This is beyond one's personal perception of morale. I know there's some people out there that actually believe that having sexual children is okay and shouldn't be criminal. I am not among those folks, and I'm glad we have criminal laws to protect children. Children need to be protected from evil adults. They do not have the requisite set of life skills, understanding of things of this nature and shouldn't be taken advantage of. That's why those laws are on the books once you're of consenting adult age. You know, hey, draw your own conclusions. Going back to my conversation earlier, but heg zeth, I can't give pass on gates to the extent he had sex with a seventeen year old. I don't even know if that's criminal or not. It's just creepy. But he's not in the race anymore. He dropped out. We have a Montgomery County teacher in a position of authority in loco parenthis to your children, standing in the role of a parent while they have control over your children. That's what teachers are. In this particular case, we have a Montgomery County teacher who's been accused of having sex with a fourteen year old middle schooler. This is a female teacher more than a dozen times. Has now been sentenced to thirty years in prison and good luck with it. Melissa Curtis thirty two, three decades in prison with all but twelve months suspended in five years of supervised probation after release for three counts of third degree sex offense. Should be required to register as a sex offender for twenty five years after she gets out as a condition of probate not be allowed to have unsupervised contact with miners other than her own children. Sentence handed out on the fifteenth of this month. Pleaded guilty of the sex offense charges. Investigation of the abuse began in October of twenty three after the victim came forward with allegations that he had engaged in sexual acts with Curtis, who was teaching at this Lake Glands Park Middle School while he was a student. Prosecutor to say in twenty fifteen, the fourteen year old victim was volunteering for an after school program and that Curtis, who was then twenty two at the time, was running Investigators say the assaults occurred over several months until the end of April twenty fifteen, in several locations including the school, inside her car, and her mom's house in Montgomery County. Curtis, courd of the documents, provided the victim with alcohol and marijuana. The fourteen year old and that she had sexual intercourse within more than twenty times while he was in eighth grade. See all extremely unforgivable and all demonstrably criminal laws on the books, and thank God for him. Once you're an adult, those rules don't apply, Oklahoma City, It's Friday naked people in the news. Police arrested a man accused of gnawing a person's fingertip off while naked. Police responded to the E Express near Areno Avenue and Villa Avenue about five point thirty pm on a Thursday. Callers reported a man was running around naked in the area and that he had bit a customer's finger off and ate it. Keep your stupid mouth shut. Police got there, they found Manuel Lopez lying naked on the ground with multiple people standing around him. They observed blood around his mouth. According to police report, he appeared to be picking something out of his teeth reportedly wiped his fingers on the officer's sleeve. Even police reported seeing several puddles of what appeared to be saliva and blood around the suspect, along with what was believed to be a piece of skin from the victim's finger. Police report indicated the victim's right index finger was bloody and had apparent bite marks. Tip of the finger also missing from the top joint. Victim's right side of his face below his eye also swollen. Victim reported he saw Lopez walking towards him while naked. When he told Lopez to leave, that's when Lopez jumped on him. Victim tried to push at Lopez's face away. He caught the victim's finger in his mouth and that's when he began gnawing on it. Wouldn't let go until he had chewed the finger off. Once in the patrol car, Lopez, Joe, what's the patrol car? Lopez stated that he used meth amphetamine and water waters and quotes. They say that is a term commonly used for peace. He was arrested on suspicion of maiming, assault and battery, and public intoxication. No uh charge for doing it naked. I guess five forty six exactly. Yeah, in Hamilton County, that would be an O R bond. You're right, Joe, Fortunately it wasn't. And Fast and Pro Roofing, my outstanding roofing friends at Fast and Pro will always take great care of you. I assure you of that. Maybe Eric will be search or we'd be inspecting your roof for free, and it does start with the freef of inspection of your roof. Just calm with confidence. They're wonderful people. It's just an amazing reputation. And the quality of their work in terms of roofing, WORF and other exterior projects, there is no parallel. They do beautiful, beautiful work, including custom metal work. The copper work that they do is just amazing. Any kind of roof you want, they can do it. And if you're in need of a new shingle roof, you can automatically be upgraded to a certainty landmark pro fifty year shingle, so there's no discussion in your mind on whether save a few bucks and go with the twenty five year shingle or get that piece of mind with a fifty They're going to upgrade you automatically, no additional charge you to the fifty years shingle. So that's great. Maybe you want to go away from a shingle roof and go with the metal roof, you can do that. In fact, their website shows one of those projects being done, absolutely beautiful work. That's why I always recommend check out the website. Now, way you know you're calling the right people when you call Fast and Pro for that free roof inspection and free quote. Five on three seven seven four ninety four ninety five five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five of course A plus the better business bureerill find them online. Fasten fast E n fastenproroofing dot com.
Speaker 8: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Find your red tag today five if you want to do five KRCD talk station. Happy for Ida. Back over to the stacker. Stupid because nobody wants to talk to me this morning. I think I set the stage for that. I apologize anyway. We go to Oklahoma, still Water, Oklahoma, specifically, where a thirty two year old Stillwater man described as very cooperative and not under the influence of any intoxicating substance, or at least appear to be charged with indecent exposure after allegedly walking down West Sixth Avenue while completely naked. Tory Evan Finley jailed on a five thousand dollars bill. Obviously, he's not in Hamilton County either. Joe Penning a December second court appearance which he can seek a prelimonary hearing on a felony charge punishable by up to ten years in prison and a twenty thousand dollars fine on conviction rested just shy of ten pm, November eleventh, after still Water police officer Roland Gee dispatched to a convenience store in reference to a completely nude this is int quotes white male walking southbound. Quote again. While en route to the scene, I was informed by dispatch that the second caller had reported a completely nude white male was walking southbound from Sixth Street to Saint Charles Street and had crossed the highway. Cordingly, why are you doing that? I don't know if we'll find out. After a few minutes of sitting station are in his patrol car, the officer saw him right there at Sixth Avenue, walking around a motel and then through the parking lot with his right hand in the air pointing toward the sky. Quote. I ordered the male subject, later identified as Tory Finley, to get on the ground and put his hands behind his back. He complied, and I asked him what he was on. He said he was on nothing. It was not under the influence of anything. While I was placing hand rey streets on him, I asked him why he had no clothes on, and all he told me was Jesus Christ, his Lord, ends Savior, drudge are made. Finley was very cooperative and did not appear to be under the influence of any intoxicating substance. After Finley placed in my patrol vehicles, Sergeant Gripe opened the door and asked Finley if he wanted motel staff to get some close form out of the room. Finley stated he would like his clothes at the jail. Finlay still very cooperative and answered every question given him by detention staff. Close quote. See different set of moral principles right there. It is illegal to walk around naked in public though. Uh Cartersville Police they said they arrested a guy named Keith Bradley Turner, fifty seven, after he allegedly strangled, beat, and threatened to kill a man at his home on David Street. Officer dispatched the town to the home, where they found Turner laying naked and face down on the bed while crying as a tradition. Victim to police and when the altercation began is when he tried to leave the home and Turner became irate. Reports said that Turner began to throw picture frames and other items at the victim before hitting his dog with a walking stick. Officer went on to say Turner came at them in an aggressive manner with his fist clench, and as a result he had to be tased, charged with evaggravated assault, two counts of simple assault, cruelty to animals, and six counts of obstruction of law enforcement. See no discussion or explanation of the relationship mister Turner had with the person who he threatened to kill at the home. Joe drew his own conclusions right there, in the form of a comedic sound bite which I always truly appreciate.
Speaker 4: Strucker.
Speaker 2: Anyway, if I went three seven, four, nine hundred tight two three dog count five fifty on AT and T phones, feel free to call. Maybe you can change the dynamic of the discussion. Is something more palatable, Feel free to do that. Otherwise, stick around at least till six thirty with Tech Friday with Dave Hatter, and in just a little more than an hour, the manaments the legend that is Peter Bronson in studio to talk about his new book and other aspects about the greater Cincinnati area. I love that guy and looking forward to talking with him. And Brian Ibold returns that help Squad He'll be on at eight oh five and Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, Mediterranean Food Festival seeing Anthea Padua coming up this weekend. Kim will be in studio to talk about that at eight thirty, hopefully bearing gifts in the form of Mediterranean food. Don't go away, I'll be right back there. We got again another news updates.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get all the.
Speaker 8: Facts, an ear full of information. At the top of the hour, I'm gonna break it down fast fifty five krs.
Speaker 2: He the talk station. What's up? Just coming on with six or six to fifty five car see the talk station. Brian Thomas swishing everyone very happy Friday e or Friday Friday. He was yesterday Brian Tech Friday with Dave had come to bottom of the hour. Burglars have figured out how to jamm your WiFi power security camera, says Dave. Parents should buy dumb phones for their kids. Because of sex stortion rising among teenagers and other topic with Dave Cincinnati Cyber Week. We'll find out the details on that right at the bottom of the hour. One hour from now. Peter Bronson, I love Peter, brilliant man, wonderful author. We'll talk about his new book at seven oh five in studios. Fast forward to eight oh five the return of Brian Ibold from the Help Squad. Retired since I police officer, Brian Ibold has gone full on charitable organization work and he's doing some really wonderful things with the Help Squad and helping people out in true times of need. And Kimberly, my friend from Saint Anthea Patow at church. It's Mediterranean Food Festival weekend. I love that food. Kimberly, if you're out there, please bring some. She usually does. Just love that food. Five one, three, seven, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three taco with pound five fifty on at and T punds. You know, President Biden is still president. Sometimes we might lose sight of that. I know we're all in transition mode now. Obviously, Donald Trump's got some problems on his play with Matt Gets and heg Zeth and the allegation swirling behind him and Guy May stepped into the last hour. We all have our own viewpoints along those matters, but not making it real easy. But Joe Biden's still president. Russia now launching more sophisticated missiles into Ukraine. Of course Joe Biden is he I just got to ask goot loud because I don't think he's in charge anymore. I really don't think he was ever in charge. We all talked about the puppet Master doing that for a long time, but he was just in Peru in Brazil for meetings with global leaders. Did anybody ever see the efforts of the reporters to try to get him to even acknowledge their existence? He's just exactly I mean, they were just screaming that, hey, yeah, we're over here. Would you answer a damn quit not a single word out of his mouth completely because seemed to be completely out of it. I guess he was in Boston the other day. Forgot who the basketball team was there? So who's pulling the strings? Who's making the decisions? Will we ever know the answer to that question? Who's the one that said we should approve Ukraine's used to long range missiles into Russia when it requires United States military force to actually operate them. So we have our own military operating weapons launched from Ukraine into Russia. Russia kind of looks at that as an act of war. I understand that on a lot of levels, we'd be making the same damn argument. Who made that decision and right on the heels of the verdict in the Lake and Riley murder case, that guy's gone to jail for life. Horrific details, heartbreaking, tear inspiring details. Someone who should never have been in our country in the first instance engages in that horrific crime. Fortunately dust has prevailed. Biden administration now loosening immigration restrictions. Why now, Kamala Harris was running around campaigning on how they had cracked down on well three and a half years of a completely wide open border policies. Now a cracking down now. Biden Department Hoodland Security launching a new thing. It's the ICE Portal app, and it's kicking in in December, allowing immigrants to skip their in person check ins at ICE offices instead check in with immigration officials via an app orts or phone or computer. Your Post reporting this reportedly as severe glitches, does not track a migrant's location if he or she is using an Android phone or a laptop. Apparently, the app does not check immigrations for past arrest or outstanding warrants, allows them to opt out of or contest government orders to undergo electronic tracking. Post reported it up to one hundred thousand migrants will be enrolled in this new program's first wave. Fox News pointing out reminding the rest of the world, the Biden administration set the record for the highest number of illegal immigrants entering this country in a coundar year last year three point two million entries in one year, surpassing the previous record a two point seven million that will be counted year twenty twenty two. God knows what it's going to be at the end of this year in terms of the counting, and that does not include God aways. And speaking of God aways, get a load of this. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Maiorcis and FBI Director Chris Ray raised their metaphorical middle finger refusing to testify before the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee on terrorism threats facing the United States. Just hours before they were set to show up before the Senate yesterday, DHS spokesperson said ma Orcas and Ray won't be attending. Quote. DHS and the FBI have offered to the committee a classified briefing to discuss the threats to the homeland close quote that, according to the statement from the spokesperson, HMM Ran Paul ranking member of the Senate Oversight Committee called it unacceptable, saying the American people deserve to hold these officials accountable for their actions under the Biden administration. Senator Ron Johnson, for his part, said the threats facing America are so grave they can only be discussed in a classified setting. That was the justification from majorcas and Ray. Johnson said, the pair justified not speaking in front of me because these threats are I'm reading in a game, because the words when I first read them still just scare the hell out of me. The threats facing America are so grave they can only be discussed in a classified setting. Hearing that, Rick Scott senators said, well, if that's true, they need to acknowledge that the Biden Harris administration is responsible for these grave dangers because of their open borders policy. They are cowards. The Orchest must face the American people and answer for the historic failures that allowed for two assassination attempts on president like Donald Trump and created a wide open door with terrorists, criminals, and deadly drugs like fentanyl pouring into our communities. America is less safe because of him. Oh and parenthetically, murderers like the guy who was convicted for murdering Lake n Riley. Scary stuff. And you know that my Orcus and Ray comment that whole idea that we can't even speak out loud about the threats that you and I and every other American are facing because of their open borders policy on the heels of how many announcements from the FBI over the past year or so, the worst situation we've ever been in terms of domestic threats. And I know they like to characterize this and couch this in terms of, oh, my god, it's the clan or it's right wing extremist. Yeah, whatever. I'm sure there's so many clan members and right wing extremists out in the globe from the one hundred and fifty or so countries who've dumped their humanity on our southern border that yeah, that's where the threat comes from. Honestly, maybe there is that kind of domestic threat going on out there, but I'm a little bit more worried about foreign actors that have crept into our country and what their desires and designs are for the American people. Let's go to the phone. So what Steve's got to say this morning? Steve thank you so much for calling it a happy Friday to you.
Speaker 9: Yes, sir, happy Friday. Usually they'll say, go, let's start with Biden. In South America. My wife and I were in Brazil in October. We went on our own dime, not on the taxpayer's dime. That's sort of difference there. But the answer would be, oh, he you know, they can walk in chew gum at the same time or whatever whatever.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 9: He can't. So so he can't walk and answer a question at the same time. So he's got You got to give him a little break on that, fair enough. But yeah, well whatever he is the president, he ought to be able to I mean, he ought to be able to do a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Also Commander in chief of the American Military, which means he is responsible for approving long range missile sales. There's launching into Russia or did he or was it?
Speaker 9: I might wake up screaming tonight just with that in my mind. But he can't multitask. I was just doing. I'm going to donate at Hawksworth at nine o'clock this morning, and for you this little quick we do a little quick pass. You answer forty five questions. As I was answering them. While I was on hold, I was thinking Pete Hegseeth and Matt Gets probably could not donate blood at nine o'clock in the morning today, but because they asked a lot of questions about sleeping around and stuff. But that's for another day. The main reason I'm calling is and this is really meant for the Stack of Stupid, but I never want to interrupt the Stack of stupid by calling during the Stack of Stupid time, because it's fun to listen to it. This is celebrities wanting to leave the country. Now, if you've got a dozen properties around the world, it's kind of easy just to go live in your house in Paris or you know, wherever, or wherever wherever. So they're not really going out on much of a you know, I mean, my goodness, they're not even having to find a property. They've got them all over the place. But this is my favorite celebrity couple, and it's Prince Harry and Megan Markle. Now, they pretty much were given the heave hoe out of the United Kingdom and it's like, where are you going to go? And they went to Canada and they weren't going to come into the United States when Donald Trump was president. Now we haven't heard anything from them lately on Trump getting reelected or so this will be interesting. But if and you won't remember this because it's trivial, but they actually moved to Los Angeles maybe the last six months of the Trump administration the first time. So they kind of said they wouldn't live in the US when Trump was president. Then they moved into the US when Trump was president. And I mean, you're not supposed to know that or anything. I mean, who cares, right, It's funny because I'm just wondering are they gonna where are they going to go? I mean, they didn't want to be in Canada because it's kind of cold up in Canada. You know, Los Angeles, you know, that's where they want to be. I just don't know what they're going to do. I mean, this will be fun. So let's see if we hear anything from Prince Harry and Megan Mark and enjoy your weekends.
Speaker 2: Sorry, thanks man, I appreciate it. And as far as they are concerned, I have I having a care in the world what they do, who they I don't even know really what they're all about. I guess he lives off of royal money. I don't know what they do for a living, but if I can make a suggestion, Haiti six seventeen fifty five k seat de talk station Foreign Exchange. Just there yesterday get my wife's car oil change. They always taken great care of you. Actually got a nap in serious. I said, I was gonna wait for it about an hour. I think I'll just hang out here. I don't need to leave and come back and sat down in their very comfortable waiting room and just fell right asleep and woke up. And about five minutes after I woke up like, hey, Brian'll be bringing your car around here in a few minutes, just wrapping up the paperwork, Like oh wow, that worked out really well. See if that's how comfortable I am in for exchange. It's just like I can take a nap there. Great guy's working there, just so friendly, and the price is always great. I got the whole treatment, got the wonderful oil change. They did a full once over because it's coming up on a forty thousand mile maintenance, and so they identified a few things that I got an extended warranty when I got the car from my wife from the dealership. So I have now a couple of items. I'm gonna take over the dealership and have them service for well free under the warranty exactly, so I know what's coming ahead of me. They did it once over and they of course did my oil chain to my satisfaction. I know I saved a heapload of money compared to the dealer for that oil change, which is the same case as my car. So happy to provide them with business and happy to recommend you go to Foreign Exchange Westchester location as well.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Take great care of you regardless of whether you have a traditional Asian or European manufactured automobile. The price is always right, the service is fantastic, and you will want to go back. It's a Bosch certified business as well. I would like to point that out and you can please call them, and I recommend you do so the Westchester locations. When I go to I was like to point out off I seventy five Tylersville exit, go east on Tylersville two streets, hanging right right there with that chicken joint, that's KINGLN Drive and you are going to run right into him. Forign x dot Com online for in the letter X dot com tell Austin the team, Brian said, Hi, when you stop in or call them in five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six fifty five The talk Station six twenty three. Happy Friday, Tech Friday with Dave Hatter coming up in the next segment. Just a couple of minutes away for that, David, you happy as am I And another reason to give thanks and Thanksgiving is coming up. God bless you, Cribbage, Mike, my submarine or friend and his beautiful better half Cindy. I just I came in this morning. I had a package and open it up. What a cool little gesture, said. I wasn't sure winter how long you'd be out of it for Christmas holiday a year, so I decided to be early and get you this for Thanksgiving. And the gift is Navy signal flags. He points out Navy signal flags. You may be familiar with them, and he gave me the entire print out of all of them A through Z, including the flags for the new numbers zero through nine. He said, I've been used for decades as communication devices. Ceremony displays and as a visual display identifying certain shipboard evolutions. Needless to say, these flags are pennants are used a lot more on surface ships as opposed to the submarine service. Yeah, I would have gotten that anyway, Mike. It was a beautiful gift. It's a plaque and it's got the signal flag for the letters B and T, and in between those is or is Old Glory or the flag of the United States of America. So what a just a wonderful gesture. And he said, I hope you can find a place in your office or home for this, you know, Dan, Well, Mike, I will. I have exactly the I know exactly where I'm going to put this in my display in my basement. So that is a beautiful gesture. I am moved by it. I can't thank you enough for that. But also one of the benefits of fifty five k SE listener lunch and having a wonderful listening audience. I've made a lot of friends over the years, and I consider Mike and his beautiful wife Cindy dear friends, and it's a wonderful thing seeing them at listener lunch, and I'm looking forward to doing that again. Listener Lunch, December, last one of the year. It's celebrating Christmas, it's celebrating well whatever, it's just listener Lunch. We're going to do it at Price Lil Chili. What a great place to be and they take terrific care of us. So if you want to celebrate the holiday season, you want to see Santa Claus. Santa Claus will be there. Aka Bob Wetter responsible for the wish Tree. He was on yesterday in the program promoted the wish Tree, which I strongly encourage you to help out those in need by grabbing an ornament and get the necessary item for the wish tree. Folks, you'll find one of those wish trees at Listener Lunch at Price l Chili again first Wednesday in December, last one of the year. And thank you again Mike for the beautiful, beautiful gesture six twenty six right now for you five Kcity Talk Station and Tech Fredick with Dave Hatter coming up next. After I mentioned Suette Low's camp, you need someone from mortgages. You need Suzette Low's camp. I can't imagine why you would want to call anybody else. The woman I recommended my daughter, call the way I have woman. I've recommended everybody call for well almost the entire time I've been on radio. She'll treat you great customer service. Couldn't be better. She's nice, sweet, fun to work with, quickly get you through the process, whether you're buying a new home, refinancing your existing mortgage. SU's at Low's Camp with Cross Country Mortgage can help you in any state in the Union and Puerto Rico for my Puerto Rican friends, call her up their programs out there. Speaking of curbage, Mike, veterans one hundred percent of the loan with no mortgage insurance. What a what a great thing for veterans, making home acquisition a lot easier, not having to have that twenty percent downstroke. Never a junk fee, never an application fee, great rates at low cost, the best customer service in the business. You're in the best possible hands. Call her at any time. She's really quick about getting back with you, so you don't have to wait for business hours to leave her a message or send her an email to leave her message. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six email. It's Suzette dot Lowscamp Lo s e Ka MP Susette dot Los Camp at CCM dot com, fifty five KRC dot com. You're six thirty one fifty five Fair CD talk station. It is that time of week. You do it every week, six thirty Call it Tech Friday with Dave Hatter from intrust It Interest. I t according to the business current and everybody that's worked with them, and the best in the business when it comes to dealing with your business's computer needs, getting you out of problems, best practices and solving solutions if you step into it interest dot Com for the team. Welcome back, Dave. It's always great to have you on the program.
Speaker 4: Always my pleasure, Brian, great to be here.
Speaker 2: Burglars are jamming Wi Fi security cameras. Ah right, would this be like a ring doorbell type camera? Yeah, Brian, that's exactly what we're talking about here. And I don't know why this is a surprise to anyone, because of course burglars are creative and are always looking for ways to come up with innovative new ways to steal your stuff. So they've they've figured out that, you know, Wi Fi is a fairly common frequency. It's used in all kinds of devices and well known published and you can unfortunately go out and get the plans to buy, or buy the plans rather and make devices that will allow you to jam these things. Now it's illegal to own a jammer, but these are criminals, you know. And I always find that mindset funny that like, Okay, we're going to make guns illegal, criminal.
Speaker 10: To steal your stuff and might kill you to do it. So I don't care about your laws.
Speaker 2: Or when technology catch up, I'm going to buy a three D printer and just print one.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, yeah, exactly, So.
Speaker 2: Genie's out of the bottle man. It's just you can't criminalize yourself into into protecting the world. It's just impossible.
Speaker 10: So while it's illegal to own these devices, you can buy one or build one and then basically jam the signal from the cameras. And I guess there's a couple of things you need to think about. First off, don't advertise to the world you're going on vacation on social media and tell criminals you're you're a good source.
Speaker 4: And then second, I.
Speaker 2: Got a friend. They showed up a listener lunch. I said dude, every time you go out of town, you tell everybody when you're leaving where you're going. When you're on rude, I'm like, it's like a welcome to my house. I'm not here signed. I don't understand that. I don't get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, exactly right, I would. I would not.
Speaker 10: I mean, you know, when you're home and you want to share your pictures and talk about your vacation, great, but don't advertise to anyone and everyone out there that you're going to be gone and I can come steal your stuff. And you know, knowing that it's possible to jam these cameras because obviously increasing number of people buying these things for security, and while I've got my own issues with that for the privacy and security reasons, you know, you think you can depend on this to help keep you safe. You think it's going to send it alert, you think you might call the police. Well, they jam it and then you know, go and do their thing anyway. So there really is no defense for this at this point. Again, wi FI is a well known published spec You know about all you can do other than be aware of this is a problem is you know, instead use a wired system's.
Speaker 2: Say that's what I've got.
Speaker 10: Hard wire doesn't mean doesn't mean they can't catch your power or whatever, Brian, But you know, use a wired system. Those are typically more expensive and more inconvenient because you've got to run the wires. One of the things that's so nice about these types of wireless cameras as in many cases they even have like solar panels. You can put it anywhere, right, you don't have to run a wire to it, you don't have to run power to it. So yeah, I get the allure, but at the same time, you know understand that if you're relying on this, it can be jammed. The other thing you can do is you can buy cameras that have their own internal storage. Now that's not going to send an alert, but at least if you do end up getting robbed, you could retrieve the storage card from it later and then you know, share that.
Speaker 4: With the police.
Speaker 2: Good point on that one.
Speaker 10: So, yeah, it's not a fool proof system. If you have these, don't just assume that they can't be jammed. And you know, increasingly criminals are are looking for ways to interfere with the wireless signals and these electronics.
Speaker 4: I think maybe as real.
Speaker 10: Far back as last year, we talked about key fob jammers, and you know all the different ways they're stealing cars using similar types of techniques, so it's it's something to know about.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, I just heard from my friend my room mate would be amused by any such visitors. So apparently someone's still there when he goes out of town. Well played, Eric, you know I love you man. He's my favorite meme guy out there. Anyway, he's listening. Dave had Or excellent advice for folks. Now, waive if they cut my power though, my backup generator.
Speaker 4: Will go on. Well there you go, see redundancy. I'm trying needncy.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to hang on. We'll book more coming up, parents buy dumb phones for kids. We'll be talking sex stortion here in the next segment with Dave hat Or from Interest. I certainly appreciate Interest I dot com sponsor in the segment. Very informative it is. And I love recommending people go to affordable imaging because affordable imaging is where imaging is actually affordable. And I'm talking about your mri CT scans, ultrasounds, a lung screenings. You know, lung screens ninety nine bucks at Affordable Imaging Services. I have no idea what that would set you back at a hospital imaging department. I bet it'd be thousands.
Speaker 1: It's I own it.
Speaker 2: I going to a call a scam. But lord almighty, Affordable Imaging Services, it's low overhead. I'm pointing out ahead of time. But they have the same equipment hospitals used to do these scans, and they've been at this more than forty years now. How is it that they can be a profitable entity and only charge six hundred and forty five bucks for an MRI with a contrast and the board certified radiologist support included with that price, you get an MRI without a contrast, it's four hundred and ninety five bucks. If I'm talking literally thousands and thousands of dollars for that scan at a hospital. You know, that's where there's a massive profit center. You've got a choice when it comes to your medical care. Hell, you're out of pocket. It's going to be I bet way more at a hospital imaging center than it would be for the entire image with the radiologist support that you'll pay at Affordable Imaging Services CT scan no contrast four hundred and fifty bucks six hundred with a contrast echo Cardigram four to ninety five and yes, all these include the Board Certified Radiologists Report, including the two hundred and fifty dollars ultrasound. Call the hospital Imaging department because your doctor's going to send you there at some point, or want you to go there. Ask them what it's going to cost you after your insurance payment. You're allowed to do that. Talk to my friend Jeff. He's got thirty one hundred dollars in his pocket unless he spent it already. They didn't have to pay because he took my advice and went over to Affordable Imaging to learn more. Go online. It's Affordable Meddimaging dot com. Get all the pricing and information right there. Affordable Medimaging dot com. The number to schedule appointment, it's five one three seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven five three eight thousand.
Speaker 11: Fifty five krc the talk station at one hundred and seventy nine million in total cash prices, Mom, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Mix forty total at six forty one okay five KRCD talk station five Dave in the crew intrust it dot com, where you find them online sponsoring this segment they do. This is tech Friday with our dear friend Dave Hatter. All right, parents should buy We talked about dumb TVs a week or two ago. They do exist out there, just not in very high supply. But you can still buy a little low tech flip phone, right.
Speaker 4: You can, Brian.
Speaker 10: And apparently more people, both adults and parents who have children that are concerned about all the distraction and the portal that these things create. The bad people are increasingly looking to buy dumb phones and or like band phones during school, which I think is a good thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's idea.
Speaker 10: Yeah, let's be real, Brian, you and I both know if you have a smartphone, I mean, it's basically a supercomputer in your pocket, and it gives you a you know, access into just about anything you could possibly imagine. Some of that is good, much of it is bad, especially for children when you look at the amount of time they spend online. The fact that you have people building apps to hide other apps so that you know, kids can find the latest and greatest thing in their parents that their parents won't know about it. Even if they do, they can potentially hide it and you know, whether it's saography.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, just the distraction of it.
Speaker 10: All the time that's spent doing things it could be better spent on something else. We're paying attention in school, for example, or you know, the more just downright evil things like sex stortion. We keep reading about this in the press, law enforcement warns about it. You know what I think is just both startling and despicable statistic here between October twenty first and March twenty I'm sorry October twenty twenty one. In March twenty twenty three, the FBI and Homeland Security received over thirteen thousand reports of financial sex stortion targeting miners, involving at least twelve two Sorry, I don't know why I can't talk this morning. Find twelve thousan six hundred victims, twenty suicides, and a twenty percent rise in case. So it is so hard, it's terrible, it's sick, it's despicable, it's evil, it's heartbreaking, and I mean, I can understand how a teenager who gets wrapped up in something like this, you know, eventually kills themselves because of the shame, the embarrassment.
Speaker 4: It's it's so terrible. This is a reminder for everyone.
Speaker 10: Sex stortion is sort of a generic ketchall for you meet someone online, usually using your smartphone, and then they eventually persuade you to send them some sort of nude photos or you know, something along those lines, and then once they have them, they basically say, Okay, if you don't send me money, I'm going to report this to your parents, I'm going to publish it to your Instagram account for all your friends or whatever.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 10: They use it as leverage to get ransoms, and as they report in this story, you know, once you pay, then all you've done in most cases is then encourage them to keep coming back from more money, which is why I think eventually, you know, people kill themselves.
Speaker 4: I mean, it seems just so sick and so tragic.
Speaker 2: To this too, Dave, because you put it out before I've read it a multitude times Online you just stick a picture into some stupid artificial intelligence appen generator nudy and they can just claim it. So, I mean, is our ultimate defense going to be no, I really didn't take a naked picture of myself. They use some AI program and that's not me. Is that the best defense to this rather than suicide or I mean, I know, sadly, for some reason, people feel what necessity beyond my comprehension to take naked pictures of themselves and send them out there in the world. That to me is the biggest epic fail in the whole process. But how do you know it's real?
Speaker 10: Well, you make it an extremely important point. As AI technology that allows you to create deep fakes get better and better, it's easier and easier to take a photo of someone you know, a legitimate photo of just someone you find online, which would be one of the reasons to tell your kids the less they share, the better, and then run it through one of these tools and create a deep fake nude. You're absolutely right about that, and you know it's entirely possible. It doesn't give any stats on that in this article, but you know that some of these situations have been some kind of deep fake. But you can guarantee, Brian, there's going to be more and more and more of that. And that's why I think it's important not only to consider not giving your kid a smartphone, you know, getting them some sort of phone that can just do texts and calls that type of thing, but also to talk to them about sextortion. Make sure they understand it's a real thing. Make sure that they understand they shouldn't be taking photos like this and sending them out, and also making them understand that it is entirely possible someone could deep fake them and if that happens to them, you know, come talk to you, talk to a counselor do you know, don't kill yourself, go talk to someone, get some help, and be prepared to say, you know, this isn't me, I'm getting scammed here. But I can only imagine how difficult that would be for you know, a young a child or a teenager to have to come to grips with something, whether it's real or not. But the idea of someone would fake it and then put it out there. I mean, it's it's really sick, and people need to be aware of this and have these talks. Just heartbreaking, it is, it really is, especially the status.
Speaker 2: I know what young people have to go through. It's bad enough being a young person generally speaking, but with modern technology and yeah, parents out there, it's time for a dumb phone. Okay, just take Dave's advice and get your kids away from that crap I saw. I think it was Australia is going to ban young people's access to these social media platforms across the board. Whether or not that's the right position to take, I don't know, but somebody needs a step in and protect young people. In the front line is parents. It's definitely parents on the front line. And you know we have like the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act which says you can't use this stuff unless you're thirteen or have your parents consent, but it's clearly not working. So coming up since the cyber week, we'll talk about what that means. Dave had or one more segment Shop twenty two to three for your firearms and thuty Is or if you a beginner out there and you're short list for gifts, shot twenty two to three for them as well. Black Friday. They're going to be open all weekend long so you can check out their amazing deep discounts. Twenty two caliber firearms are on special from the renowned Colt King covid to simple rifles for plinking everything in between, new used handguns, rifles, finding at twenty two three indoor shooting range. The firearm store all the accessories you could ever won. And guess what Ammo. You can buy an entire case of in stock ammunition. They will knock ten percent off. They have ammo at twenty two three. It's on sale. It's celebration, I guess of well Black Friday and all things related. So the range also open all weekend. Wrong, It's a wonderful range. I love the folks that own it, Weddy and Jeff outstanding people. The crew is fantastic. They have a gunsmith on site. You've got it all when you're working with twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason and Lebanon. Go online find out more. It's twenty two to three. That's the number twenty two five of the world three spelled out twenty two to three dot com fifty five.
Speaker 5: KRC ready to elevate your really.
Speaker 2: Sixth if you want to think about KERCD Talk Station an extra special seven o'clock hour with our favorite author, Peter Bronson in studio. And I know he's in studio because he's staring at me right now. But we got one more segment here with Tech Friday's Dave Hatter. Dave's what is Cincinnati Cyberweek? Which I see is coming up December third through December fifth.
Speaker 4: It is. This is pretty exciting, Brian.
Speaker 10: You know a lot of people that aren't in the industry don't realize how much tech related stuff is going on in Ohio and the greater Cincinnati region in particular. You know, Ohio is increasingly becoming sort of like the Silicon Valley of the Midwest. You know, I might be hyping it a little, but you know, there's a lot going on, and this is just one more exciting event.
Speaker 4: It's a new event.
Speaker 10: For a couple of years, we've had Queen City Con, which is a three day long cybersecurity conference.
Speaker 4: This is a similar thing.
Speaker 10: It's going to be held during the week again December third, fifth. There are all kinds of different events, lots of great topics and speakers. I'm speaking at it for anyone that's interested, but they've got a wider array of speakers covering a lot of cybersecurity and cybersecurity adjacent topics. You can go to since the AI Week that's since CCI n C y aiweek dot com. Check out the speakers, check out the venue, check out the sessions. I mean, I'm just going from the website there's a ton going on. And for anyone that's interested in this, you know, you don't have to be a professional.
Speaker 2: I was just going to ask you. Yeah, it's open for anybody, just even the most just inquisitive people. It's for businesses, for individuals, it's for anybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And if you go to the website exactly right, Brian, If you go to the website again, you can see the sessions, you can see the speakers, you can find topics that will be interesting to you. And I said since the AI week, it's since the cyber week. Sorry, I don't lose in my mind this morning, Brian, sincey cyberweek and you're going to fight.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, lots of great topics, lots of great speakers. Again, you don't have to be a professional. You can be someone that's looking to get into the industry. You know, it's about education, it's about networking, it's about community because when you look at these cybersecurity issues become more prevalent and more sophisticated. You know, it's important to talk to other people that are doing this, learn about the things they're seeing, share information because while I typically hate this, it's you know, it's like a village type of thing. In this case, I mean you really, we're all in this together. We have to rely on each other. There's no way you can know everything about this, no matter how smart you are or how much time you spend trying to learn about this. So again, this is an amazing opportunity to get folks together and talk about this and learn from people that are doing it. And I promise you everyone there will walk away with a useful information that they did not have before. Again, if you're looking to get in the field, you can network with people, meet people, learn about how they did it. Because a lot of it is going to be workforce related. Workforce continues to be a big problem with cyber So again I encourage people check it out. Since the AI, since the Cyber Week. I don't know why I keep doing that. I wanted to talk about this, but it's going to be a great event. I'm looking forward to it, and I hope to see a lot of your listeners there.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you will. It's a very interesting subject matter and real quick for a park company. We only have a minute left. I just have to get this out of my system because I think there isn't a day goes by that I don't have some kind of conversation with my son and I'm along these lines, But what the hell's with bitcoin? One hundred thousand dollars?
Speaker 10: It's wild and you know there are people predicting that's going to get to three hundred thousand a million. You know, I have a small investment in bitcoin. You know, I'm not betting my house on it. I'm not putting my whole nest egg in it. But yeah, I encourage people to check it out because you know, while it's fluctuated wildly, if you go back to its beginning, it went from zero to one hundred thousand dollars per bitcoin. Obviously that's a lot for one bitcoin. It just as a reminder for folks, it's a fractional thing, right, you can own fractional bitcoins, and you know, check it out.
Speaker 4: It might be I wouldn't I wouldn't bet the farm on it. I wouldn't put all my money in it.
Speaker 10: I don't want to overstate, you know, don't take investment advice, Dave Hatter, but you know, as it's interesting and it might be a way for you to help patch your patch your retirement account if you do look at it wisely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you just summed it up right there. Why I just my eyebrows get raised in confusion and bewilderment. It went from nothing, it's ones and zeros that never existed. Then you turn the calendar page and the next thing you know, it's available for the market. It's out there and people buy, and now it's worth These ones and zeros out in the ether are worth one hundred thousand dollars apiece. It's just mind boggling to me.
Speaker 10: Maybe maybe next week we'll do a deeper dive into that because it is interesting for people. Again, I'm I'm going to be really clear to not put all your money in big point. It's folly and you know you may you may lose everything, but you've got you know, really smart people including President Trump now talking about that.
Speaker 2: Give me him a lot of credit for the price of bidcoing going through the roof It was another area of this conversation. Matt's down the road. I just like I said, I had to get it out of my system day. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Uh at interest it dot com where you find Dave and the crew businesses, you need someone looking after your computer interest and Dave has the best team out there coming up on the fifty. Dave, have a wonderful weekend. Oh and since we're not gonna be talking next Friday, I'm off on vacation. Happy Thanksgiving to you and everybody to interrust item of course, your entire family.
Speaker 1: Dave, Thanks Brian.
Speaker 10: Happy Thanksgiving to you and Joe, your family and all your listeners. And I'll look forward to chatting with you when you're back. Fast forward two weeks. We'll be doing it at Just Take Care Man six fifty seven fifty five ks DE talk station, Peter Bronson in studio.
Speaker 2: His new book. Among other topics of conversation with Peter, promised land, how the Midwest was one. We're doing that. Just stick around for after the news.
Speaker 9: Your voice refreshing your country for reasonable American fifty five krc D talkstation.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by all State.
Speaker 5: Some people just know you could save money on car insurance.
Speaker 11: Spige just I have seven six air pitty five k CD talk station.
Speaker 2: And what a wonderful, wonderful thing bowled on a Friday in my studio Peter Bronson. Everybody knows Peter from his enquire days and all the wonderful books that he's written. I can only recommend you go to Amazon dot com is a place to find this type in Peter Bronson. All the books that he's written will come up. Everyone is simply outstanding, all mostly all on local things, like for example, I think Forbidden Fruit maybe one of my it's hardly hard to say not in our town, which is about the king of Smut hustler magazine, Larry Flint, and all the problems and legal challenges and things that we face back then. But they Forbidden Fruit, the sin City Underworld, and the supper Club inferno, which of course the mob had a direct connection with burning down the Beverly Hills supper club and all the criminal activity that went along with that. Names from the past like sleep Out Louis, Peter Bronson. I have so enjoyed your books, and I really can't thank you, know, if not just for you know, providing the great entertainment, but for documenting our local history in just such a fabulous way. Good to see you, and welcome man.
Speaker 8: Great to see you. I always enjoyed doing your show. I love it, and you do a great job, so thank you for inviting me back.
Speaker 2: That's kind of you. This is one of the benefits of my job. I could speak with people like you. Last time we talked, it was on the man who saved Cincinnati, Cincinnati History in Queen City of the West, and we all learned about the amazing the slaves that saved Cincinnati. They actually fought brigades. Fantastic, Just one little great lover of the book, but that thing went viral, like who knew about this?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 8: It's such a great story and we should all be so proud of that history, and yet it's all been forgotten. That's one of the things I love doing about this research is that I come across all these stories that Cincinnati are so important as a part of our history, and.
Speaker 2: It's our story.
Speaker 8: It belongs to all of us, and yet we've forgotten it. It's a source of inspiration, it's a source of pride. It really makes me proud to live in Cincinnati to find these stories there.
Speaker 2: You go, exactly right, we are as important as any other big city in the United States. We have our own history, and we've dedicated so much to the development of our country from right here in Cincinnati. So you're great about documenting all this. So I again to my listeners, strongly encourage you. Now we pivot over to the brand new book, Promised Land, How the Midwest Was Won. Now, you and I were talking off Mike and I kind of I was asking you directly, how you get your inspiration, like the millions of topics you could come up with, How is it that there's one or one area east side? Okay, I'm going to sit down and write an entire book on this area. This turns out to be what we can call, at least you agree with my description of it a prequel to the Man who Saved Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: Yes, it is, because I take it from the earliest, the earliest settlers who came to Cincinnati and settled on the north side, north bank of the Ohio River, which was extremely hazardous. Kentucky was settled first, and that had been somewhat tamed. It was still very dangerous, but the north bank of the Ohio River was absolutely no man's land. And the Revolutionary War veterans were given free land here because the treasury was broke and they couldn't.
Speaker 3: Pay these guys.
Speaker 8: So the idea was, Okay, go out to Ohio and help us open the northwest territory, and they did, and they're just amazing stories about these people. But the way I came to this was I have to go all the way back to when I first moved here in nineteen ninety two. And you may remember a city manager named Jerry new Farmer. Oh sure, yeah, So Jerry, when we went to lunch the first time I met him, he gave me a book called The Frontiersman by Alan Eckert, and that was all about Simon Kenton and his adventures in Kentucky and Ohio against Little Turtle and Blue Jacket, the Miami, and the Shawnee.
Speaker 3: And I just found that fascinating.
Speaker 8: So after I finished The Man from Who Saved Cincinnati, I went back and started digging, and it just clicked. It really felt good. So I took that period all the way up to the Civil War. So Lou Wallace makes another appearance Cincinnati, Yes, along with another great character named Charles Whittlesey, who was an officer in lou Wallace's command at Shiloh and then helped him build the defenses that saved Cincinnati and also is probably the earliest and foremost researcher and archaeologist of the mound culture around Cincinnati. His work is in the Smithsonian. And this guy he was from Cleveland, but he was stationed here in Cincinnati and he's and there were mounds everywhere in those days. A lot of them have been just activated excavated. Yeah, but we had mounds in Anderson Township. We had in Anderson especially interesting because they had a mound where two guys went in they built such elaborate tunnels in the nineteen twenties had they were lighted with electric lights and they went in there and they claimed that they found skeletons of people who were seven feet tall. Yeah, amazing stories. Okay, So we had mounds in Terrace Park in Milford and Indian Hill of course, all over the place. Even downtown Cincinnati had a really spectacular mound where an artifact was found that's known as the Cincinnati Tablet. And these mound cultures go back three thousand years and the culture of those people goes back as far as thirteen thousand years.
Speaker 2: Just think about it now, were multiple tries. I can't remember my Native American history, but I remember going out to see the mounds when I was in elementary school. They'd a bus trip out there. Totally cool. But were they Was it one particular tribe or was this multiple tribes that that built the mounds of various different Native American tribes?
Speaker 8: Well, we know that there were probably villages nearby because it would take thousands of people over long periods of time to build these mounds. They're just immense and they're perfectly engineered. How do they do perfect circles that are half mile across without transits or any of the modern equipment that we use today. It's fascinating. It's a mystery. You're going to have to read the book to find out more. But I'll tell you what these people had. Things like they had shells from the Pacific Ocean. They find in these mounds. They found shark's teeth from the Gulf of Mexico.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: So there was an elaborate, huge trading training culture. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And the Ohio River and all of this part of Ohio right here, especially Cincinnati, is really significant.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I got to own a back pedal to you. You started out by talking about how the northern bank of the Ohio River was not developed. Yes, said it was hazardous and dangerous. The Kentucky side was what period of time are we talking about when you're talking about early settlers coming in and settling there as opposed to Native American tribes already existing here.
Speaker 8: Right seventeen eighties, right in the early seventeen eighties to the early seventeen nineties, is really were all this significant history takes place, No kidding. The first families were people like Ludlow stits Gano. These in their papers are all still preserved at the Museum Center in their archives, and so I went through a lot of that stuff, and it was so much fun to find these stories. For example, I found the story of an eleven year old boy named Oliver Spencer who was taken by the Indians and held captive for two years.
Speaker 3: He was tortured, he.
Speaker 8: Was beaten, he was The Indians were absolutely merciless. In one four year period, they took fifteen hundred settlers and they would be tortured for days at a time. They might be scalped and killed, or they would be sold to the British. The British would pay one hundred dollars for a live hostage or fifty dollars for a scalp. So what they were the British were still really cranked about the Revolutionary war and enjoy losing. And what they decided is that to keep us from expanding way to the land that they coveted for Canada, they would use the Indian tribes, the Miami and the Shawnee as their proxies. And they just encouraged them and what they called in those days depredations to terrorize these settlers.
Speaker 2: Now, did the prior to the British encouragement and egging on to engage in this murderous behavior, did they have a preconceived will to do that anyway because of how the white men had treated them. Did they already know in the back of their mind they didn't like these guys they're invaders?
Speaker 8: Was that the perception an absolutely so the Shawnee. First of all, you're absolutely right. The Shawnee and the Miami this side of the Ohio.
Speaker 2: River was Theirs Okay, and that's why it was so dangerous and unsettled.
Speaker 8: Exactly, And Kentucky was considered kind of a Switzerland or neutral hunting ground for all the tribes around this area. But the northern part of Ohio was Theirs. But also the torture, the brutality, the scalping. All of this was going on for hundreds, maybe thousands of years before the white man got here.
Speaker 2: So this is what the tries woring among the tribes. Yeah, people always overlook that they think Native American gets white people. But no, we didn't. We didn't investigate right out.
Speaker 4: Oh this is.
Speaker 2: What was it? Since Cain slew Able, there's always been problems of all people getting along together, and.
Speaker 8: Our civilization has certainly had its share of brutality too.
Speaker 2: More with Peter Bronson, he's in studio Promised Land, How the Midwest Was Won. You can get a copy of that right on my blog page fifty five krs dot com. But I really encourage all of my listeners to check out all of Peter's works. You're just gonna love. There is such They're just page turns. You can't put them down. Seven sixteen fifty five kosit He talks. Will be right back Prestigian Tiers. You get your kitchener modeled and done right to your satisfaction with a guy you're gonna love working with. You get in touch with Prestisian Tiers and you will be working with John Ryan. It's his company. He's the man with all the experience more than thirty years where been doing almost exclusively kitchens. He did our kitchen. We've got to go back quite a few years now for that. Still love walking into it. I remember the old kitchen every time I walk into it, even after what fen fifteen years? How long has it been, Paul Att. Still love walking in there. Just remember the way it used to be versus the way we've got it now. And love the kitchen. It's the heart of your home. We spend so much time there and you got to make it special. You need John Ryan to do that. Maybe you just want to replace the countertops and cabinets, that's fine. He can do that for you too, your true partner. He's been doing so many kitchens over the years. He's got he'll have great ideas for your kitchen, big or small, anything in between. Brilliant he is, and such a sweet man to work with. Got an a plus with a better business bar and he certainly scores that from us. To see some of his work, not all of it, but there's some before and after pictures on his website. You can learn more about what he does. It's prestige one two three dot com. Prestige one two three dot com. Get in touch with him. It's five one three two four seven zero two two nine. Tell them, Brian said, I five one three two four seven zero two two fifty five.
Speaker 3: Krc Hey, folks, Garry Salvent here, Chippings.
Speaker 2: Here, it is your ten and night first one of one of the forecasts got overcast, guys. A day with isolated afternoon showers, high forty three, overnight low of thirty eight with clouds. Tomorrow is going to be uh, mostly too, partly cloudy as a day rolls on less clouds forty eight and partly cloudy overnight with low thirty four. Fifty four for the high on Sunday with mostly sunny skies thirty four. Right now, Chuck, what's going on out there?
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Tramphing Center, you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes, got personalized education and treatment options from the experts at you See Help learn More at you see health dot com. There's an accident in southbound seventy five below Hoppel. They're all wind up on the left shoulder, so I'm not seeing a huge delay into downtown. Northbound seventy five continues to build through the cut. Northbound four seventy one slows just a bit across the bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven twenty one to fifty five Kercity Talk Station, a true honor it is for me, Brian thomasposed to the fifty five KOC Morning Show to be talking to face to face in the studio. Peter Bronson, author of the most recent book, Promised Land, How the Midwest, was one which we're calling a prequel to his prior book, which is absolutely awesome, like they all are. The man Stave of Cincinnati were you were explaining this early history in the Cincinnati area, describing the Miami and the Shawnee very very very violent Native American Indian tribes killed a lot of white settlers, the north side of the Ohio River, Cincinnati very dangerous place to be. Kentucky, however, was a state at this time. Yes, And this is what you and I were talking about off air. And I'll be honest, I have forgotten so much about my history and the United States of America. It's embarrassing on some level. But you know, these kind of books sort of bring that back to mind the evolution of our country. So this was the Northwest Territory generally exactly.
Speaker 8: Britain had Great Britain, even though they lost to US in the Revolutionary War, they had decided that they were going to claim all of the Midwest, and just west of that was Spain, and then we also had France. So the world's superpowers were all kind of carving up the North American continent and deciding deciding who would get it. The way Britain decided that they would get it would be to just encourage these Indian tribes to be terrorists and to make settling Ohio so dangerous and so bloody and horrible that the Miami Valley was actually in those days called the Miami Slaughterhouse.
Speaker 3: It was just that bad.
Speaker 8: I mean, people couldn't even leave their stockade. Places like Covalt Station, Columbia Station, with stations were little stockades or forts, and they were probably a footprint the size of your garage, you know, a little bit bigger, maybe tiny houses, yeah, well actually, and they would live in these little blockhouses about as big as a garage. One of them was James Kemper, who gave his name to Kemper Road who founded Walnut Hills Academy, and he lived in one of those block houses.
Speaker 3: Picture this with sixteen children.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, oh my okay. You know, logistically speaking, you know, we have our own bedroom in our house there, Peter Bronson. Logistically speaking, how do you build a family of sixteen children when everyone's living in the same room. A different way of living life? Back then, I must serve all right, kids, everybody out of the house. Mom and dad needs some quiet time out. I don't watch out for the Indians. Yeah, no, but I mean you really had to have its called intestinal fortitude. Who just who accepts and adopts that by choice? Yes, that of life. Oh these people, by the way, you're going to be going in the most miserable, desolate, dangangerous place. Any Well, it wasn't in the United States by that, but in the territory. Well, well, I have fun, or you could move over to Kentucky and where they have a relatively stable life. Your choice. I just can't imagine people taking that on.
Speaker 8: Well, you got to think of it from their point of view, which is that they had been in a culture in Europe where they weren't allowed to have land. They weren't allowed to be anything but peasants under the thumb of some other autocratic dictator or monarch, still.
Speaker 2: A hold over of the feudal era.
Speaker 5: So they came.
Speaker 3: Those families that came to Ohio.
Speaker 8: This really was the promised land because they described it as unbelievably rich soil, beautiful, clean water, unbelievable forests to build your houses and to build log cabins and stations. And they would all come down on these little flatboats that are slightly bigger than a big car, go like huck Finn. Yeah, and they would have their all of their life, livestock, all of their implements, all of their tools, all of their family, eight or ten kids on one of these boats. And a lot of those boats were attacked by Indians before they even got here and people were slaughtered. So but the land and the appeal of that freeland, freedom, ownership, good soil, clean water.
Speaker 3: A future, it was so strong for those people that they risked everything.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. So at parallel could be drawn. People were drawn out west. Maybe because of the gold rush. Yeah, there was a commodity. You could become very, very wealthy. In this particular case of the mindset was you can be a landowner. Yes, so you can grow stuff, you can own your property.
Speaker 8: And they had such horrible experiences with the Indians they sent the governor of The first governor of the Northwest Territory with was General Arthur Saint Clair, who was a revolutionary war veteran, and he was a close friend of George Washington. He named Cincinnati Cincinnati. It was previously Low Santeville. You've probably heard that, And he's the one who came and said, I don't like that name. It's kind of awkward, so I'm going to name it after a society that George and I belonged to, the Cincinnatis absolutely. But then he led an expedition to subdue the Indians, and they were ambushed because he was a foolish general, and they were ambushed near Fort Defiance, and he was absolutely massacred. They called it the Battle of a thousand Slain, And the stragglers who came back, their wives and their children went with them, and they were all murdered. They were all massacred there in the woods. And the few who straggled back so much terrified Cincinnati that people almost abandoned Fort Washington, which was the only foothold we had in the Northwest Territory. If that had happened, Great Britain would have taken all of the Midwes. This would all be Canada.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. More with Peter Bronson, he's in studio. We're going to be talking about this for the entire I could talk to it Peter for hours, So we're gonna at least get a couple more segments with him before we hear from Brian Ibel from the help Squad doing some charitable work, and this wonderful opportunity to do charitable work season stick around. I want to mention Color Electric though Colin Andrew Cullen of the team of electricians are all licensed. They're all take great care of your home, respectful they are of your home and a well oiled machine. Every time I sentioned that well oiled machine, I think a lily the electricians. She's been with Color Electric for like twenty years. Just a real firecracker working that crew over my house doing all those can lights and it was over the period of like one or two days, just got it done and it's just beautiful work. I think again, taking great care of your home. They're really respectful of your home and the price is always right, so you can count on coll It Electric. They have an A plus of the Better Business Bureau. I you've got a small project, you want to have an outlet installed, They'll do it. Can lights like I did, absolutely wire up the whole high generated They did that for me. They also did all the work on the new bathroom remodeling projects. So call them up. You get a ten year warrant you on everything they do for you, and please give them my regards when you do call them five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two. Find them online learn more. Cullen c U L L E. N. Cullen Electric, Cincinnati dot com.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC. Hello, I'm Victor gre here's.
Speaker 2: Your nine first twenty one pourcast going. I have uh we got overcast day to day basically some isolated Africoon showers apossible forty three for the high cloudy overnight time of thirty eight Tomorrow, mostly cloudy start, partly cloudy, finished with the higher forty eight. Partly cloudy overnight with a low of thirty four and fifty four high on Sunday with mostly mostly Sunday skies thirty four Right now, time for traffic.
Speaker 1: From the UCF Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes got personalized education and treatment options from the experts?
Speaker 1: Say you see help? Or all right? You see how? Dot com?
Speaker 7: Cruis are working with a new accident northbound seventy five in Errolnger. It's on the ramp from eastbound to seventy five right hand side. There's also a REX southbound seventy five at the Western Hills Viaduct, but everybody there.
Speaker 1: Is lined up over on the left shoulder. No delay.
Speaker 3: Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty one, come up to seven thirty two. Sorry. I was just having this wonderful conversation with Peter Bronson on air. Off air, we were talking about literature generally and talking about bookstores because he's going to be signing books at Joseph Beth Bookstore. He's a huge supporter Joseph Beth and please support your local bookstores. We only have like one, laugh Jath Books. What are you going to be there, Peter.
Speaker 8: I'll be there on Saturdays starting at one o'clock, and I'll be there for a few hours on most Saturdays leading.
Speaker 3: Up to Christmas.
Speaker 2: Wonderful, wonderful. I've talk in literature with him. I found out we were both huge Dostoyevsky fans. He's my favorite writer. So we just we could talk about this stuff all day. But we're going to move back to Promised Land. How the Midwest was won. His most recent book, again the kind of prequel to his prior book, The Man Who Saved Cincinnati early area history before the state was formed, the wars with the Native American tribes who were very murderous and slaughtered lots and lots of people, and they were cursed as we find I found it earlier Egdon by the British. Also, this was a period of time, this development and before statehood history where everybody had firearms.
Speaker 9: Used.
Speaker 2: The British episode big time on providing the Native American tribes with firearms to go do this slaughtering for them.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 8: In fact, there were laws in Cincinnati that you could not attend church without bringing your firearm. Really yeah, because it was so dangerous. So to go from one station to another, you had to take armed guards. To even send out your daughters to get water two hundred yards from your blockhouse, you had to send your sons with weapons.
Speaker 2: They had scouts out on the field kind of monitoring everybody's behavior. Oh my gosh, they were everywhere everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So Abraham Covalt, who settled Covalt Station with his family, was scalped and murdered right under the walls of the stockade. I mean right within sight of his family. So I mean this was constantly happening. I think probably the most terrifying thing when I think about it, would be the torture. Because the white settlers were very brutal. They took scalps, but what they did not do is kidnap people and torture them for two or three days for entertainment. And that was pretty routine in the Indian tribes.
Speaker 3: It was part of their culture.
Speaker 8: They believe that they could they could take your strength by doing that, and they could break you. And they really enjoyed seeing people just broken down to nothingness, and so they the types of torture are just defy the imagination.
Speaker 3: They were so creative.
Speaker 2: It's the stuff of I think of. You know, when you read about German, the Nazis torturing people or murdering people outright, or the Japanese torturing people, and it's hard trying them on the bamboo fields and letting the bamboo shoots grow up. Misery and where I mean, where that comes from. And obviously apparently what I suppose white people brought some of that on themselves to some degree, they did.
Speaker 1: They did.
Speaker 8: In fact, there were times when the militias were sent out to punish white settlers who were breaking treaties and were who were murdering Indians, and this just became You can just imagine if you had found the remains of your brother, your father, your son who had been tortured that way, there would be nothing that would stop you from trying to exact retribution.
Speaker 2: So it just just popping my head. Peter, Yeah, Yeah, Gaza.
Speaker 3: Loss Iran as using the terrorists as proxies.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know, the Russians didn't have a real easy shot when they invaded Afghanistan. I heard about all the torture that the Afghani people put the Russian soldiers they caught through baking them alive. Back to the Roman Empire, and the devious ways go back to the Middle Ages and the torture chambers and the inquisition. Man mankind is just filled with all kinds of nasty stuff. There is some dark stuff really necessarily out of line with the world's history at all, not at all.
Speaker 8: One of the things that I think it does instruct us about, though, is there has been an attempt in the past thirty or forty years to rehabilitate the reputation of these tribes and make them sound less fierce and more innocent, and more the noble savage of or So. And really this is just nonsense. I think even they would be offended by the notion that they weren't that fierce and terrorized, you know.
Speaker 2: Right, because again they were duking it out amongst themselves before we ever showed up. Exactly, we'll continue with Peter Ronson. It's seven point thirty six here fifty five k see the talk station. Chance for me to mention chimneycare, fireplace and stove. I do want you to be safe. Of course, safety is one of the reasons chimneycare, fireplace and stove exists. Have your chimney, your fireplace, your free standing stove, your wood waste pellet, stove, have it inspected by one of the professionals that the chimney care fireplace in stove. That way, when you're using it, this winner, you know you are going to be safe. I'm the perfect illustration of what an inspection can lead you to keep in my house from getting burned down. Builder special insert that I had in the house, and the events have been you know, covered up, And the bottom line is, if I use it, the heat was building up so intensely that it could have really created a fire situation. So that's what the inspection revealed. So I quit use it, and then I got in touch with the showroom four thirteen Wards Corner Road checked out what they had by way of fireplace inserts, and I selected a gorgeous fireplace insert. It matches the architectural design of our home, our living room, beautiful, beautiful, It's like first world stuff. I got a remote control for my gas fireplace, which it's always been gas, turn it on off, adjust the flames, just the lights, adjust the blowerun And that's the neat thing about an insert, because it gets as a blower that'll blow the heat from the firebox into the room as opposed to letting gravity just take it right up and outside the house, and that up and outside the house. For woodburners, you've got maybe a kreosoap built up problem that could lead to a chimney fire. Maybe you had one already and you didn't know about it, and you're lining is cracked. They can take care of all of that. So to have some peace of mind as we enter the fireplace season and get in touch with Chimneycare fireplace the stove and have them clean your dryer vent out while they're at your home. It's easy to get in touch with them online. Learn about all their services chimneycareco dot com. It's five one three two four eight ninety six hundred and five one three two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC Contact interest.
Speaker 2: Here's your night first ony Weether forecast. We're gonna have an overcast day to day with isolated afternoon the showers in a high forty three, clouds over night down thirty eight, mostly cloudy to partly cloudy tomorrow as the day moves on forty eighth for the high overnight low of thirty four with partly cloudy sky's Sunday going up to fifty four with a mostly sunny day thirty three right now traffic.
Speaker 1: Time from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Get personalized education and treatment options from the experts at U see help learn more, ado you see how dot com South Bend seventy five continues to build through Wakland and an extra five then no delady into downtown and pass an accident above the Western Hills viadonc left shoulder North found seventy five break lights from before buttermilk into the cut North found four seventy one slows across the bridge.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on fifty five kr S talk.
Speaker 2: Station five case the talk station, loving the hell out of this hour of Peter Bronson and studio talking promised Land How the Midwest was one his most recent book and a series of fabulous books, which you can find at chilidog press dot com. Peter Bronson's got his own publishing company, chilidog press dot com. That makes things kind of nice. You don't have to worry about finding a publisher.
Speaker 4: Peter.
Speaker 3: That's right. My editor is kind of a jerk, but that's me.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, Joe wants to do. Is Rob Rider going to do the audiobook for this one?
Speaker 8: Yes, he's just finishing the audiobook for the Man from Hojoseve, Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: So I love that guy.
Speaker 8: Rob Ryder is a fatality guy. Yes, we just had lunch the other day at where Covalt station.
Speaker 2: How about that? That does not chog me? So, Josephbeth This Saturday.
Speaker 8: Right coming up in December, December Saturdays, okay, and then on December first, I'm doing I'm signing at the Little Miami Brewing Company for the Beer Can Collectors of America. It's kind of a festival for all these guys who clicked all things related to beer.
Speaker 2: I remember beer KNT collections when I was a little kids. We're all the rage back in the seventies. Yeah, yeah, well it's still going. Well, that doesn't shock me. So, Jillie Dowgpress dot com. Or to get this book of Joe's put on the blog paget five Casy dot com. A guy we have not You and I talked about off air about this character, but I wanted to let my listeners know something they're gonna find out about when they read the promised land mad Anthony Wayne, Yes, what.
Speaker 3: A fantastic character.
Speaker 8: He's the kind of character when I'm doing research I go, wow, I couldn't make this guy up if it was a novel. He is so interesting. So he was a revolutionary war hero again. He was at Valley Forge with Washington. He got the term Mad Anthony because he was so tough. He led a bayonet charge straight up a mountain side and took Stony Point from the British under their cannons, and he wouldn't even let his men load their guns because he said he wanted to use bayonets because they're quieter. Oh, they inspire so much terror. Well, when when after Arthur Saint Clair was completely demolished and defeated and Cincinnati in the Northwest Territory was in jeopardy from the British, George Washington turned to his friend Matt Anthony and he said, this is the guy I want to send him. Well, that was shocking to Congress at the time, because Mad Anthony was a total scoundrel, a rogue. When he was when he was fighting a war, he was great, but in peacetime he was a complete failure. He was cheating on his wife he was in debt up to his ears. He was kicked out of Congress for voter fraud. Yeah, and he was in just a complete disgrace. And so when George Washington tapped him for this job to go save the Northwest territory of the Congress almost wouldn't approve it, but he was sent and he formed the first paid, formal, congressionally approved US Army. And some of the units that served under Matt Anthony Wayne are still in the US Army today and trace their origin all the way back to that about that and he launched from Fort Washington and Cincinnati and built the chain of forts, and he won the independence and the freedom and safety of the North with the whole Northwest Territory at the Battle of Fallen Timbers when he defeated the Confederation of Tribes, and it was such a sound defeat. There was a British fort nearby called Fort Miami, and the Indians had thought they could take refuge in that if they were defeated, and when they got there, the British wouldn't open the gates. So the British completely lost all of their support and backing in the Indian tribes. But What's more, when Matt Anthony got to the British fort, he rode out alone on his horse and rode right under the walls of the British fort with all these muskets trained on him, and they didn't dare shoot him because he had his whole army.
Speaker 1: In the woods.
Speaker 3: I mean, what a guy.
Speaker 2: You know, it's kind of funny guy. You mentioned him being this absolute miserable person in his private life. Basically yeah, and I'm thinking on the heels of Matt Gates throwing it a towel, and it is Pete Hegzeth, the philandering thing going on that might put him in trouble. Best thing's pale by comparison this guy and this guy was wildly successful now as a hero. I can't judge a book by its cover, your heroes or where you get him exactly more one more with Peter Bronson. We'll catch yourselves a crime stop er, bad guy the week right out of the gate, and then get back to Peter talking Promised Land, how the West the Midwest was one? With my guess Sinceudia Peter Bronson real quick word here for Zimmer twenty four hour days, seven d a week. Leaders for all your emergency HVAC needs. You were in the best possible hands when you're working with the folks at Zimmer. This is third generation folks keeping you safe, comfortable, and keeping your systems running efficiently, which is it's really important. That's why I recommend getting on one of the maintenance plans. You can have Zimmer coming out there on a regular basis annually perhaps and keep it system clean, keep it running efficiently, and so you are ready to hit the ground running, like for example, when the heat comes on this year. May have been there already, but right now they're still offering a twenty two hundred dollars rebate. It's a cool carrier comfort rebate. So if your AC's gone belly up, it's time to replace it. Call the professionals at Zimmer. Of course, Carrier invented air conditioning. They make one great air conditioning unit in Zimmer of course an authorized dealer an installer of Carrier units. But they do service more than that, which is why I always recommend go to the website, check them out. I'll service anything you've got. Obviously, the emergency service is available. Before you tell Chris Zimmer that, Brian Thomas said, hi when you call them up to schedule apployment. Please it's five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five ninety eight ninety three. Online it's go Zimmer.
Speaker 5: Dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Have you ever thought about?
Speaker 1: Here's you?
Speaker 2: Night for forty one forecasts overcast day to day of isolated afternoon showers in a high forty three under thirty eight overnight with clouds forty eight to high tomorrow with clouds thirty four over night Saturday with partley cloudy skies, and a mostly sunny Sunday. Happy to report that fifty fourth for the high right now thirty forty degrees. Time for traffic from the.
Speaker 1: UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Got personalized education and treatment options from the experts at you See Help Learn more at you see Help dot com. Southbound seventy five continues to build through Lachlan and an extra five minutes there, but no delay passed the accident on southbound seventy five above the Western Neills Viaduct. They're on the left shoulder inbound seventy four backs to Mondana Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRZ EVE Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty fifty five KIRCD Talks Station Brian Thomas with Peter Bronson in studio talking about his new book which everyone should get Promised Land How the Midwest was One. But before we get back to Peter it it is that time a week where we catch ourselves a crime stopper, bad guy of the week. Welcome back to the morning show. Officer Lisa Baker with the wonderful Cincinni Police Department. Look at this guy, he looks mean. Who were looking for, Lisa?
Speaker 12: Good morning. We are looking for Jason Haynes. He's wanted for felly, domestic violence, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. Jason Haynes. He's a white male. He's thirty nine years old, He's six foot tall, two hundred and twenty one pounds, has a history of ALONEUS assault and domestic violence charges, and he frequents.
Speaker 2: And would I hate people who commit domestic violence. Jason get a life, man, walk away. Anyhow, if we know where Jason Haynes's wife beater is, I'm gonna assume that. Anyway, what are we gonna do? Lisa Baker give.
Speaker 12: Crimestoppers a call five one, three three five two thirty four. You can't always assume that either I.
Speaker 2: Know, I know, I know, I apologize, he said, Listen, I'm never putting words in your mouth, Baker. It's always me. I take credit. So his pictures on my blow I page P five Kercy dot com. You were made anonymous drop of dime on him. You'll be eligible for a cash reward and be doing society a favor and getting this recidibous domestic violence abuser off the street. Thank you, Lisa Baker for indulging me. Back to Peter Bronson, all Right, you got mad Anthony Wayne, you got all the history of of the the early days of the greater Cincinnati area. You've talked all morning about the perils of someone biting off the opportunity, and it was in their mind an opportunity to live in this unbelievably treacherous world. Yes, and I'm just amazed over that. The spine, the tenacity, the the willpower.
Speaker 8: You know, we talked earlier about how inspiring and proud these stories made, because this is one of those These are the people Cincinnati was founded on. There's some tough people, and we get to we follow these families up to about eighteen thirty six. So in eighteen thirty six, the Alamo. You remember the Alamo, right, everybody remembers the Alamo. Well, Texas, there a lot of us don't remember what that was all about. Texas was actually part of Mexico and they were fighting for independence from Mexico. And Santa Anna, who was Generalissimo el Presidente of Mexico, decided he would personally lead thousands and thousands of Mexican troops up into Texas and just just completely lay waste to these upstarts. And he gets to the Alamo, of course we know that story. He also massacred a bunch of prisoners at Goliad, which was in those days they would say remember Goliad just as often as remember the Alamo. And so Texas sent a secret agent, one of their secret service guys. His name was Francis Picky Yun Smith, great Texas name, and he was sent to all over the Midwest, and he came to Cincinnati and he appealed for help. And Cincinnati was the only city that stood up and helped Texas. Really, yes, And it was these same families who knew what it was like to fight for their property and their freedom in the Northwest Territory.
Speaker 3: So we had these families like.
Speaker 8: The Litols, like the Ludlows, like all these famous names that we know now. Well, these families risked everything because they violated the National Neutrality Act to help what would be an insurgency in a foreign country, because Texas was part of Mexico. Well, they risked. Some of them were congressmen, there were newspaper publishers, and some of them even went and fought for Texas and enlisted. So and one of them was killed at Goliad. Well, what Cincinnati did was it forged two cannons and they sent them down to Texas. And while Sam Houston was running for his life, he finally had the big set piece battle at Samuea Sinto near Houston. And if not for those cannons, which Santa Anna did not know that Houston had, Texas would have lost its independence and today Texas would be part of Mexico. It was Cincinnati that saved Texas. In eighteen thirty.
Speaker 2: Six, easilise the stuff you find out in your and I asked you off air about writing as a process and your eyes lit up. Yeah, it's so obvious how much you enjoy this. And you did point out that the best part about it is the research. Oh yeah, just going through all the old records and coming up with these tidbits and wild information like you just pointed out. Folks, get a copy of Peter Ronson's most recent book, Promised Land, How the Midwest Was Won, and I can confidently recommend all the other books on Peter's very long list of just wonderful, wonderful read Just go to Chili Dog press dot com. You get signed copies when you order it from your wa exactly.
Speaker 8: Yes, I will sign all the copies I send out. And if you go to my website right now, I'm having a special for Christmas. It's a twenty five percent off buy one, buy three, get one free.
Speaker 3: Oh well, so that's a great way to do your Christmas shopping four gifts at once.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get multiple copies of those sets, because you know there is more than one person you're buying gifts for in your life. And if they don't love under the same roof and not sharing books together, you got your Christmas shopping all the way done at Chili Dogpress dot com. I have Joe add that link to my blog page fifty five krs dot com. Peter, you are always welcome to my studio. We can talk about anything all day long. And you know there's nothing I like more than getting away from politics and talking to me too. I'll look forward to seeing again, and you know what, have a very happy Thanksgiving me YouTube.
Speaker 1: Brian.
Speaker 3: It's always good to be with you. Always enjoy it.
Speaker 2: You got a welcome spot right here, folks, don't go away. The return of Brian Eyebold nefarious character, not really. Some people know him as such. I know him as the of the Help Squad, a wonderful, wonderful charity operating on the West Side. We're gonna hear from Brian, and then my mouth is watering already. Kimberly from the Saint Anthony Patowick Church with Mediterranean food festival, food and information about that going on this weekend. That'll be an eight thirty. I hope you can stick around ever changing world.
Speaker 5: There's one constance you can depend on. Fifty five KRC the talk station at the top.
Speaker 8: End, bottom of the hour.
Speaker 9: I totally agree with you about the States rights issue for regarding abortion fifty five krs, the talk station.
Speaker 2: ATO six at fifty five KRC the Talks Day and by Thomas having one hell of a great time. I just love Peter Bronson and talk abo with Peter Bronson so much, and we're gonna make that happen again. He and I are both big fans of literature generally, which obviously isn't shock and considering as an author, but just such a brilliant, intelligent, easy to talk with guy. He's got a knowledge base a mile wide. So we'll get Peter back on the show soon. And thank you to the several listeners who sent me an email talking about how much they enjoyed that discussion, because I don't think anybody enjoyed it more than I did. And another man who I have profound respect for, Brian Ibel. Brian is in studio and I've had Brian in studio multiple times, and I was glad to see him on the rundown. It is that time of year and I kind of wish we all sort of felt all year long that it was the charitable time of year. But you know, when the season kicks in Thanksgiving and Christmas and Hanikah and we're all in a celebratory mood, we tend to start thinking about those on life's margins who don't have it so great.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Bob Wetter was on yesterday from the Wish Tree. The wish trees are up all over town. There's going to be a wish tree at Priceal Chili on the first Wednesday of November where we're having the final listener to lunch of the year for our Christmas Lunch, if you want to call it that. But anywhere you can find the opportunity to help someone out if you have it within your financial means or even within your time commitment means, see if you can try to do something for someone else. And nobody knows about that more than Brian Iibold. And after what twenty five years almost in the CINCINNT Police Department and time to retire and trying to figure out which direction he was going to take his life, well he went in the charitable contribution direction. I've had him on before to talk about his charitable organization, the Help Squad. You can find him online at the Help Squad since hewthwy dot com. And he was just talking off air, he said, you know, I could have gotten in an RV and drove all over then you know, spent my time in a tiki bar drinking the hours away. But there is nothing at all like what I am doing with helping folks out. Brian, good to have you back here in studio. Yeah, thanks for having me. Really appreciate it. Well, you get to see the reality of what you're doing for folks. So let's start with what you are doing for folks, You and the volunteers and those who contribute which I will strongly encourage my listeners to do to your charitable organization. You have an interesting perspective on and folks in need. So let's talk about the day to day operations of the Help Squad and the type of people that you provide assistance to throughout the year.
Speaker 13: Uh yeah, So the Help Squad is a Christian based five oh one c three nonprofit organization. So just by saying Christian based, that should get your support right off the bat.
Speaker 2: But wait, there's more.
Speaker 13: The Help Squad also assists financially struggling families with a focus on single moms and dads on the West side of town.
Speaker 2: And it's nice that somebody is serving the west side of toen you know, I just kind of felt we got overlooked. I say, week because I grew up in Dell High.
Speaker 13: But yeah, no, I'm from Price sal I did the migration Price Hill to Dell High, Dell High to Bridgetown and Bridge down, I guess to Harrison, then Harrison to Bright, Indiana. That's usually how the migration goes for west Siders. But yeah, me stop off on now, I passed that up. But uh, you know that's where my heart is on the west side. And but I'll tell you right now, we have a vision of having the Help Squad, nor would the help Squad Anderson Township the Help Squad Blue Ash. That's the vision because there's more than people on the West Side that need help, you know what I mean. And it kills us because on our website you can request assistance and a lot of the requests that we receive are not in our service areas, you know, and it's unfortunate. However, if some people would get off the couch and start the help Squad in different areas of town, we can win this.
Speaker 3: You know, I go wrong, tell we can do this.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, I had Keith Deserts from the cure starts now on earlier in the week, they lost their daughter to pediatric brain cancer. Eighteen years ago or nineteen years ago, they started the Cure Starts Now to find a cure for pediatric brain cancer fast forward. It is a global, a global charity. Yeah, it's amazing. It is. It is absolutely truly amazing, And I'm always inspired by people like you and Keith and his wife Brooke and others who just it takes someone with the initiative, with the idea and the initiative to at least start it, because it sounds tripe to say, if you build it, they will come. You know, I'm not a self starter kind of guy. I'm you know, I'd never been a I'm not an entrepreneurial type. I've always been a W two employee. I like to point that out all the time. But you know, if there's someone over there doing this great work, I'm more than happy to help out contribute. Some people have time to help, and some people have money to help, but there's always that one person who establishes the organization and then next thing you know, you're surrounded by all this support to help you get the work done that you're trying to accomplish. It's great. Oh yeah, definitely. So so I started the organization.
Speaker 13: However, we incorporated an amazing a woman, our vice president, Sam Sam Jasper. She actually Brian was diagnosed with cancer a couple months about six months ago. She went through chemo radiation surgery, and she still helped others going through all that. So you know the listeners that, oh, I can't do anything, there's really no excuse. This lady worked through something that none of us, most of us won't go through, and she was still able to come through and help people.
Speaker 2: So well, you know, maybe her work inspired her to work and that helped her to get through the cancer and the other problems associated with it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, very well, this lady's a unicorn. You won't find too many people like Sam.
Speaker 2: You know, starting to help squad. You never running into people like that. So it's okay, give my listeners a couple of examples of how the organization works and spreading the word on it and see if we can get some contributions to go in. Give me a give me one of your heartwarming stories of success and how the charity actually goes about fulfilling its mission. Okay, let me thank here.
Speaker 13: So our most recent lady we helped, single mother, was in an abusive relationship, had to flee from up north. I won't mention where she came to Cincinnati. I won't mention where to as a refuge from this, you know, this lunatic husband of hers.
Speaker 2: Getting out is the most challenging game for.
Speaker 13: Exactly and Cincinnati was the only place that she could find housing. And so she basically fled here with and showed up here with literally nothing, basically the clothes on her back, no food, just a few diapers, basically no furniture at all. There's really nothing this lady had her had jam bag escape. Yeah, yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So the Health Squad she contacted us, and luckily, because of our donations and having the funds in the bank, we were able to provide her with food, diapers, furniture, a washer, a dryer. She's actually going to school online to be a nurse. She's almost has a four year degree and unfortunately, through the move her computer broke. It was damage. We were able to get her a computer to finish her degree. And so this is what I'm trying to say. The Help Squad is a very unique organization. You just can't call somewhere and get this type of assistance. So that's why I'm always looking for the support, you know, to help us. I mean, donations are down, volunteers are down.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I've been on the radio several times.
Speaker 2: I've been on TV.
Speaker 13: I've been on cable news network, magazines, meetings, speak engagements. I've talked to politicians, county commissioners, business owners, very influential people. I have friends, they're multi millionaires and give nothing. So I don't know what else it's going to take to get our message across. You know, do I have to like myself on Fire Fountain Square? You know, I mean I have matches it.
Speaker 3: I will do.
Speaker 13: We will do whatever it takes to get this word out because only takes one. It takes one person to hear this. And we have reached tens of thousands of people and have gathered just you know, a handful of support. Now that handful of support, they're amazing me, businesses, people, you name it. But there's a ton of other people that could help and just choose not.
Speaker 2: To getting the word out. I mean, listen, no one can doubt there are a multitude of charities out there, but you really are unique in what you are doing. This isn't like getting on a snap program. This isn't like you know, getting on a government aid program. This is really very very tailor focused needs that you are addressing with. You know, quite often it's a cash contribution. This is a situation where someone can't pay the rent one month. Help Squad comes to the rescue, gets some over that hurdle and helps them deal with those challenges. Well, pause will bring Brian Ibold back again. Help Squad, the Help Squad sincy with y dot com. Right there, there's a little donate button. You can take care of that right while we're on a break. Right now, right back, don't go away. Time for the nine first one on the forecast. Today is going to be overcast day isolate this afternoon showers and a high forty three down to thirty eight every night with clouds. Mostly cloudy starts tomorrow, become partly cloudy as the day rolls on, going up to forty eight down to thirty four overnight, which is partly cloudy skies and a mostly sunny Sunday with a higher fifty four. It's thirty four right now. It's time for a traffic update from the UCL Tramphing Center. Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Get personalized education and treatment options from the experts at you see help learn more at u S health dot com. Southbound seventy five continues to run an extra five minutes through Wachland and now getting heavy through Northern Kentucky on southbound seventy five due to an accident near Buttermilk that bocks the left lane. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs The talk station eight seventy eight eighteen fifty five kr CEV talk Station Brian Thomas with Brian Eyebowl in studio the Help Squad. Since you with the wide dot coms where you find Brian charity and of course it's a charity for all folks that are struggling on the West Side, helping folks out that are truly in dire situations. It's real heart heartwarming but moving story. You just told about the woman who had to just run, literally run away from her abusive situation. And you know, I've I've heard about that so many times over the years, and it's easy for me to say just walk away. I read stories about abusive relationships, and you wonder how in the hell is it that you know two people could end up. You know, making the stack is stupid in the morning because they can't get along. Why don't you just walk away? Well, that's easy to say. The challenge is actually following through with it because you're fearing for your life. But once they pull the trigger and get out of dodge, usually with very little, that's where a group like the Help Squad comes in and they need your help. You can donate financially, but you're also looking for some help with volunteers. To Brian, you might understand that correctly.
Speaker 13: Yeah, certainly, we will take we're looking for volunteers, we're looking for donations. We're looking for item donations that we can auction off. But I'll tell you what, Brian, there's people that can't afford to help. I understand that there's people that don't have the ability to get out to help. But here's the thing. Everybody can pray for us. And to be honest with you, if you had the chance to give a donation or a prayer, I'll take the prayer. God's in control, not me, not the donors, but God. And if God wants to make this huge. It'll be huge, and if not, we'll just keep going until He directs us somewhere else.
Speaker 2: It's just that simple. Your faith is inspirational just in and of itself. Hearing you say that it truly is reflective of your commitment and that where it comes from, you know, fulfilling the Christian mission. So I think people quite often overlook that that it's our individual responsibility. I believe doctrinally and dogmatically speaking. This is why I get angry with church leaders who want to offload the responsibility of helping your fellow human beings in this society by offloading that to government services or pro pros. I mean, charity begins at home and it's their obligation individually to help out. And this is a way you can fulfill that mission. Just hand over some cash or some time or some effort or prayer for the help squad. Help squadsincy dot com. You have a toy drive coming up, am I right on that one.
Speaker 13: We do Thursday, December fifth at the west Side Staple Bucketheads on Harrison Avenue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta love bucketheads in there.
Speaker 4: Done that?
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, it's from four to eight it's a toy drive. We'll also accept donations, gift cards, items, you name it, and our goal is to have the toy stacked to the ceiling and one of the ways we're going to do that is the Center for the Cincinnati Bengals. Ted Carris is also going to make a guest appearance Science Autographs, take some pictures and just help us out having some fun there.
Speaker 2: Oh, that'd be a really nice thing to meet Ted and help the charity out at the same time. And congratulations, I see on your website again. The Help Squad SYNTHI with the Why dot Com Corey and Chamber of Commas Commerce awarded you the New Business Rising Star of the Year for this year.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that was a very nice award. We were glad to get it. A lot of hard work and effort was put in by myself, are saying the vice president and everybody on our board. These ladies work continuously and you know, I just wanted to add real quick that, you know, and I think a lot of your listeners can relate to this. You know, I grew up with a single mom and this my mom struggled for the longest time. We had our electric turn off at one point. I remember eating cold TV dinners, you know, and this has to resonate with some of your listeners.
Speaker 2: It just has to.
Speaker 13: But could you imagine, Brian, if my mom could have picked up a phone and called an organization like us to help her through these rough patches. Could you imagine that? Wouldn't it have been awesome? But you know what, she couldn't because there was no organization like ours. And that was fifty years ago, that was in the seventies, and there still wasn't. Well fifty years later, guess what there is one. It's called the Help Squad, and we're going to do everything that we can. This can be done. You just need the support of everybody. Me and myself, Sam and our five people on the board aren't gonna be able to do it. We need everybody's help. Yeah, and the idea is not a perpetual, ongoing handout. You're helping people get through the bumpier times. Like the woman that you got the computer for, She's going to be a nurse at some point here soon, and she will make a very nice living and she will always be in a position of being employed.
Speaker 2: My wife was a nurse. You never had to worry about where your paycheck was coming if you were a nurse, because there's always a demand for nursing. She's going to be free and on her own, but without your support, she never probably would have been able to accomplish completing the degree. So it's just again getting people over bumps in the road. Financial assistance is offered. You have housing support, you connect folks with shelter networks and shelter diversion programs, housing grants, food support. We know where all the local food aid can be helped that I've found, and the pantries are you're sort of a one stop you know, informational department as well.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 13: And you know, I know there's a lot of government agencies out there and whatnot, but try to navigate through them. See if they call you back, See if they responded your email, See if they put you on hold for five hours. You know, the government does come in, but they come in when you're at rock bottom. The help squad french you from getting there. That's a big difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, that's an excellent way of putting it, a really excellent way of putting it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we assist though basically the working poor who somehow have a financial issue or financial crisis through sickness, maybe injury, they got laid off, whatever it takes, or whatever happens. You know, we will fix the gap in between so they can continue making their ends meet.
Speaker 2: Now you mentioned items that you will accept by way of donating. Is I don't want to draw a parallel here, that's inappropriate, but I immediately, like Saint Vincento Paul pops into my mind. But if someone has working operable like uh, you know, we're we're phasing out the uh uh, the old dryer in favor of a new one. If they have something like that that you'll you'll you'll take it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, certainly, certainly.
Speaker 13: And I just want to add that Saint Vincents Paul is an amazing organization as well, and we partner with them. Uh So let's say somebody needs one thousand dollars for a back rent a lot of times, uh, Sain Vince Paul will pay half and then we'll pay the other half. So yeah, they're they're a media and here's the thing. But I'm not here, you know, to complain, and I will tell you this, I am frustrated. It's been a long year. Everything is down. You know, I don't know what it takes to get people to rite.
Speaker 4: This is it.
Speaker 3: We're doing it.
Speaker 2: I see it every day.
Speaker 5: I'm not crazy.
Speaker 13: And to get people motivated to get off the couch and let's go make a difference in this world.
Speaker 2: You're gonna live here once, right. You can't take the money with you, you just can't.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So and it is.
Speaker 2: I always see charity because I almost feel guilty that you feel good about helping someone in need out because that person is in need, and it makes you feel terrible. But that's what that's what generates the charitable contribution, and you get to see the smile on the face and the work that's actually done with that charitable contribution. It gives you. It uplifts your spirit. You're fulfilling your Christian mission and it makes you feel good. So as by giving, go ahead, embrace the feeling you get from that and enjoy that charitable spirit you get. That's part of the gift of giving. The help Squad Sinsey with the y dot com Please feel free to donate your time, your effort, your energy, your services. Reach out to them find out what they might need to help those in need. It's easy to do. Brian's made it so simple right there at the help squadsincy dot com. Brian, God bless you for the inspirational conversation today and what you're doing for folks in need throughout the year. I hope someone out there listen the audience is inspired to do the same and help you out. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 13: Just as a reminder, christ he came here to serve, not to be served. Let's go get off the couch.
Speaker 2: Eight twenty six fifty five k see the talk station pause for a moment and don't go away. Kim from the Saint Anthea, Patowa Church gonna be talking Mediterranean food festival. I love when she comes in house, and she will be in the house here momentarily. I'll be right back.
Speaker 8: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: This is this.
Speaker 2: Here's your night first morning weather forecast. Having a conversation with Kimberly off Mike on the food that we got in the studio. But we do have a weather forecast for you and today we'll be overcast high a forty three downe a thirty eight overnight with mostly Claude's skuys tomorrow. Start out mostly Claudia, It'll become partly cloudy as a day rolls on, going up to forty eight with an overnight low of thirty four, partly claudi and then mostly sunny on Sunday fifty four for the high thirty five degrees. Right now, time for traffic Chuck.
Speaker 1: From the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Got personalized education and treatment options from the experts that you see health Learn more at ucehealth dot com. Sap Bend seventy five slows a bit out of Lockman for a couple of extra minutes and now getting better between Kyle's and buttermilk that you're only your accident after.
Speaker 1: Buttermilk is clear. My planes open again.
Speaker 7: Those are Raccoon Kenwood at Creek Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: It's a thirty year fifty five KRC DE talk station. I've mentioned it several times to my listeners, and I've posted a couple of things on Facebook, and yeah, my problems are my own and some are self created, and I intentionally put my soul on a keto diet. This is the very like is a couple of days into my four week on it. I have not had any carbs, I haven't had any sugar. And in comes Kimberly from Saint Anthony a pat On there Night Church to let me know that it's Mediterranean Food Festival weekend. And oh my god, you brought Kibby with her, and Kibby does have bulger wheat in it. And you know what, I've got no willpower, I'm eating some this is you broke it. I'm not gonna I'm going back. I'm not giving up, but I am having little bites of this because it's so wonderful. It's always great scene you welcome back to the morning show and to tell us all about this wonderful festival.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a pleasure to be here. I can take back some of it, or I'll.
Speaker 3: Give it to Joe.
Speaker 2: Give it to Joe. But I'm going to enjoy a little bit here and it is fabulous and just a little tiny bit will keep me, like I guess, from losing my absolute mind, because if I said no to it, I'd be miserable.
Speaker 5: Well you know it freezes, Well, so if you want.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah me today, freeze the other one and treat yourself in two to four weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And since I haven't had any carbs at all, I'm you're supposed to go add like thirty or something a day or whatever, but I've tried to been really religious about not having any. So I'm gonna maybe make up for some of the carbs I was allowed but didn't eat previously.
Speaker 5: I don't think it counts.
Speaker 2: I know, we know STA. Saint Anthony Patuwell Paris STA Parish dot org is the website for the church. It's got the information about Lebanese Food festival and that is what's going on. Give my listeners all the deeds, kimberlay Well.
Speaker 6: We will talk about the food, but the menu is online at the Taste of Lebanon dot com all one word and you can see the menu, the pricing everything there. Of course Mediterranean food with you know, Lebanese spices, just like the Greete spices.
Speaker 5: We don't tell you what's in it.
Speaker 2: I know what's in it. I make this stuff all the time. This has one of my favorite culture foods out of the Middle Eastern foods.
Speaker 4: Just love it.
Speaker 2: And so I was a little kid.
Speaker 6: Well, we're going to have Kibby great believes, sweets falaful. We have some vegetarian options, I believe. We also have the shish to wook. Oh yeah, yeah, we've got that as well, and the green beans with tomatoes sauce over rice. Again, we have a few things that are vegetarian. Tons of pastries of course, back lava, and we have both dine in and carry out for this. Last time you were, I had it ready for you.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Someone there say you can't park there. I said, no, no, no, no, no. Kimberly is over there. She said, I'm allowed to park right here. I'm all going to be here for ten minutes. You got me in and out my huge bags of food. It was awesome.
Speaker 5: We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Oh so wonderful.
Speaker 5: We appreciate you though I know we had that was okay?
Speaker 1: Will you have it this Sunday?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 5: The butcher said, they don't think it's appropriate for nai.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're not.
Speaker 5: We don't take any chances.
Speaker 2: I know you're doing that in everyone's best interest. Some people have a little you know, they're off put by the idea of eating raw meat. Uh, that is not me Yeah, Lamb, it's lamb. It is so good. Spread that on a little bit of that wonderful bread and.
Speaker 5: Olive oil onion on the side.
Speaker 4: Maybe some.
Speaker 6: Yes, roll it up that'ully tomorrow. So the next couple of days are like jam pack cooking.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: There is no charge to enter. There's plenty of free parking.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: If you want to see the church, it is wheel we have an elevator. It's wheelchair accessible. So Uh, the Divine Liturgy or Holy Mass begins at ten thirty and then the fest food festival will begin at noon almost immediately following, and that will fulfill your Sunday privileged obligation for any Latin Catholics.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: Or you don't mind a non Catholic experience a Catholic Mass there, do you?
Speaker 4: Oh? No, not at all.
Speaker 2: I mean I was the only non Catholic in my entire neighborhood growing up. I bet I spent more time in Catholic Mass than I did at the Lutheran church that my parents used to go to over in Roselan. Because when all your when all your friends are Catholic, you just can't.
Speaker 6: Unless you're Catholic, but you can experience the wonder, the awe, the incense, speaking the language that Christ spoke, Aramaic and.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's just oh you do that mass, the Aramaic Mass.
Speaker 6: Aramaic and Syriac. We will make some English in on Sunday mornings. Friday night is strictly uh Arabic, Syriac Aramaic.
Speaker 2: How about that, dear, that's the language of Christ. Yeah, I mentioned you know to you previously. I grew up next to uh uh uh well any neighborhood that had Lebanese and Palestinian. But went to the funeral of the neighbor who used to make all of this wonderful food and front that's where I learned how to make peta bread And that was in I believe, Aramega. It was in a language I didn't understand, but it was all chanted the whole yess. It was really it was. It was I mean, it was sad because it was a funeral, but it was really beautiful. I never never experienced anything like that before.
Speaker 5: You experienced the true awe of God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was cool, it was very cool. It really was so something else to people join at ten thirty, eat afterwards at noon, and if.
Speaker 6: You're interested and you're worried about missing one of the games. Getting to carry out line. They have it ready. You don't have to, bless you, you don't have to wait in you know, the longer buffet line.
Speaker 5: Just go to the carry out line. They'll pack it all up.
Speaker 2: For you to go, and I can vox for that quick in and out. They make it so easy for you.
Speaker 5: Well, everybody else doesn't. He have my phone number to call me to prepow.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 2: And they don't have the rock star parking spot that you say for you either, So I did get special treatment. I'll acknowledge that, but it is one of the benefits of being fifty ive, caresy morning show making friends likely well.
Speaker 6: And then we also have a variety booth with a bunch of different items, both religious and indicative of the Middle East, some clothing, et cetera. We have Lebanese coffee, the real thick you know, Lebanese or Greek coffee make espresso look pale.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is thick on the bottom.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, and our bread was We've got the nice pit of bread by Ephraim's Old World Bakery. They helped the church so much. Effrem and his wife were members of the church when they were alive.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you put a good word in for them. Yeah yeah, legacy carries on because you have a lot of sponsors that help you out with this event. I'ms looking at them right now.
Speaker 6: Well Deadlow Brewery is offering us beer and they have a real cool they call it Lebanese beer with the spices. They had it two years ago. They perfected it even better for the summer and it's just I mean it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I've got another beer. I have to try something.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, it's really good. So they sponsor us there. And our summer festival was delayed due to waterline breakage, so.
Speaker 5: We redid the whole kitchen. That's why it was delayed two months.
Speaker 6: And we have a pizza oven and what we're doing is we're making I believe it's manouche.
Speaker 5: We are using panini bread with either.
Speaker 6: Just the zat which is says time, yes, an olive oil, and a meat pie and we're doing that all fresh in our new pizza killing me over here with this, Well you don't want that, well, maybe some yogurt with the zauter, then skip the bread.
Speaker 2: This otter spice is so I mean unique as the first word that comes in my mind. And if you've never tasted it before, your first BiDi is like, oh wow, just this is just really it's just amazing. It's kind of the tartness to it, a bitterness to it, but that zesty and salty flavor. We used to call them lemonies pizzas.
Speaker 5: Right right, we can call it that. There you go, it sounds good.
Speaker 2: Get a pig piece of pea bread and shmeer and put a zotdter spice on a pop it in the oven.
Speaker 4: Get it.
Speaker 2: They used the thinner paper and bread for you. Definitely definitely fewer carbs.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to help.
Speaker 2: It's like lying to yourself. You just can't do it.
Speaker 6: Well, know, we also have if anybody's familiar with tabully, some may call it a parsley salad with that'll be tomorrow with fresh parsley.
Speaker 2: Cucumbers. Sometimes meant bulgar wheat is typically in it, but you'd have to leave the ball green onions.
Speaker 6: But for someone on a keto diet, you can make it yourself at home and just leave out the bulgar wheat.
Speaker 2: And my wife is nodding right now at the at the at the iHeartMedia app on her phone going We've got a ton of parsley still in the garden that didn't get frostbitten. She mentioned to Bully the other day. So on the item list for dinner, we're going to have fresh to Bully at home sands, bulgar wheat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, and basically it's healthy food.
Speaker 6: I mean very people in the Mediterranean typically would live longer than Americans, and they did until like fast food moved into their country.
Speaker 2: We have a way of ruining everything for dietarily speaking. But yes, fresh fresh Fresh, you have a you're an optimist for RFK Junior changing the dynamic.
Speaker 1: I am too.
Speaker 2: I you know, he's a quirky guy, but I think there's a lot to proof he's going to be good for the good for the job.
Speaker 5: It's going to be good for our bodies and our stomachs.
Speaker 2: So as will this festival. Sunday, starting at noon for the food lasting until six pm. Get your carry out, hang out, go to church at ten thirty at the at the church where they're seeing Anthea Patawa to fifty thirty or twenty five thirty twenty five thirty Victory Parkway, Cincinnati, parking's right there. You got to enter by on the on the right hand side of the church, right correct. The left is just a small drive. I just want to remind parking lot it's back there. You got to you got to go behind the church, that little.
Speaker 6: That on the right hand side, take either side of the church and all loopy around to the parking lot.
Speaker 5: So I just want it to be right.
Speaker 2: Workout because I did a loop last time before I figured that one out.
Speaker 5: You still got the right parking spot I did.
Speaker 2: I'm slow in the updake sometimes, Kemberly, thank you so much for the food today, for all that you do every all throughout the year. But this wonderful festival is something we always look forward to, and I hope my listeners give you a shot if they I've never been out there before. Informations on my blog page fifty five KRC dot com. You can go directly there right now, the Taste of Lebanon dot com. Thanks again, oh so much.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I love you, and you have wonderful holidays.
Speaker 5: Ditto. Don't look at this spread.
Speaker 2: I won't. I won't, I won't get it out of my face. Just rerek will eat it. Eight forty two. Dug Away folks be right back.