Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: I think about krc DE talk station, Happy Friday, a vacation. There's a blue who knowing for sure that it's Friday, not that I need to be reminded.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Brian Thomas right here, glad to be Glad to see Joe's trecker and I love the lineup you got going today.
Speaker 4: Joe appreciate that. Joe of course.
Speaker 2: Responsible for lining up guesser in the fifty five KRSE Morning Show, and that he has done in spades today, beginning with tech Friday's day Hatter every Friday at six thirty.
Speaker 3: UH.
Speaker 2: Enjoy our conversations with Dave, although today I'm not going to be enjoying it. It's not that I do love talking to him, it's just the pain reality of the information he's going to be passing along to us. Now he's talked about your passwords. He's talked about having a very very good password and some using one of those password organizers that generates a password that's basically impossible to break and crack.
Speaker 4: It's time to heed his advice.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I think everybody probably in the listening audience has had some of their data quote unquote hacked. You know, I've gotten notices. I have LifeLock, and I've gotten notices before. You know your prior address, your your email address, and that kind of thing, most of which information is easily, you know, obtainable online if you go to the right sites.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of it's public.
Speaker 2: And of course, if you're sending your email out to a bunch of people and you're using it all the time, and it's not too difficult to figure out what your email address is. So that kind of stuff never bothered me, not once, not once, have I gotten an alert that passwords have been hacked. Well, today's day we find out that well, in fact, they may have if you are among the sixteen billion people in the world whose passwords have in fact been hacked. So that's one of the topics. Gonna be talking about four billion user records exposed in one data leak. That's the first topic. I'd love your parenthetical Joe, hold my beer, followed by a sixteen billion.
Speaker 4: Password leak.
Speaker 2: And this came from embracious cell folks, Apple, Facebook, Google and others. So does anybody out there use Apple, Facebook, or Google? No, that's nobody, is it? And as Davis pointed out, quite often people use the same password at wherever they are, so you know, okay, well my bank hasn't been hacked. Yeah, but if you're using the same pass word over at Facebook as you're using to log into your bank account, problems.
Speaker 4: So we'll get the full details, of course, with Dave.
Speaker 2: HATI I'm just warning you ahead of time, because that one's got me sweating bullets as well as it should everybody else who's online and has passwords. So finally with Dave, a new study on children in screen time, and of course, as you might imagine, it isn't a pretty picture. Psychologists track two almost three hundred thousand children's screen time and headline what they found is alarming. So a very important segment, as always today even more important.
Speaker 4: At least it sounds like.
Speaker 2: That seven oh five fast forward Private citizen. I love that brad winstrip returns. Brad of course had multiple security clearance member of the American military, set on Security Committee as Security Header Intelligence Committee, so it's got a lot of insight that many Americans don't have. And of course we'll tap his insight into the current situation involving Israel iron and of course you heard Donald Trump's going to make a decision on whether the bomb Iran or participated the bombing of Ron within the next couple of weeks, although Iran has expressed some interest in sitting down on the table and there's some European countries that are also going to be helping to facilitate that we can only pray and a good time for prayer, that we can end this conflict without entering into a full on war. Of course, we have other things we can talk about with congress Or former Congressman of Red winsterrp. Seven oh five full hour in studio. Thank you, private citizen Windsor for taking the time to spend it in studio. Certainly appreciate that, like Corey Bowman yesterday, really enjoyed having him in studio talking about his mayoral campaign. Judge Josh Berkwitz Gornewin Clerk of Courts lost its lawsuit. A Supreme Court upheld a ruling that the Clerk of Courts Pavan Parique here in Hamilton County violated the law because he removed public records from the website. Just took him off thousands of reds residential eviction cases from the official website for the Hammon County Clerk courts information that is public information. He removed them because, oh, I don't know, out of something like he was proposing. It has been altruistic. He was concerned that those records might be used to improperly deny someone rant or whatever. He was told by the courts he has no power to do that. So I finally, the Supreme Court, you know he was a Supreme Court, in a unanimous decision, confirmed that he did not have the power to do that. He claimed he did it because he wanted to prevent certain members of the public, being primary employers and landlords, from potentially relying upon court documents in considering fulfilling employment, housing, and other potential opportunities individuals. His argument was, well, they might misunderstood. A lot of people have the same name, and if you pull up somebody's name and there's an eviction notice on there and you deny them the opportunity for employment because they have a bad credit rating or whatever, you shouldn't have access to that. Although he did point out if you show up in person, going back old school, back in the day, you could go to the clerker Court's office and get any of the records you just had to ask for them because they're public records. Internet's kind of changed the dynamic on that you no longer have to take make a trip downtown and head on into the Clerker Court's office to do it. So the information is back online. And Josh Berkowitz was one of the believe targets of the lawsuit involving the Clerker Courts, so he's going to join the program. And Judge Burkerwitz, thank you very much for the text messages you sent me. He was gleeful in the outcome of the opinion and he let me know about it than a text the other day. It'll be on at eight oh five Gary Walton, Cincinnti Print and Type Museum.
Speaker 4: What a cool place.
Speaker 2: They have an event coming up this week and we learned from Gary Walton from the cincinnt Print and Type Museum how unbelievably important the industry is and it remains and using employment opportunities you have in the print industry, it is a transformed industry. So if you have a young person out there interested in a trade, print is still big and we're one of the printing capitals of the world here in since Greater Cincinnati area. So Gario returned at eight thirty and finally Richard's Simon with his book unplugged, put your cell phone down, summing up the book itself, so he'll be out of the tail end of the program. Five one, three, seven, nine fifty five eight hundred eight two three taco with pound five fifty on AT and T phones. And you know, speaking of as we discussed the ramifications of Israel, whether or not we bomb. So we've got these Chris Christie bombs, these thirty thousand pound bombs. They're supposed to be bunker penetrating, going down a couple of one hundred feet, and I watched the video. There's one on Wall Street Journal's website today which shows how they work. You know, you drop two of them, the first one goes in, blows up, and then one falls right on the heel of the first bomb, allowing the second bomb to penetrate even further. So you got the Fordham base where apparently that's where all the centrifuges are. It's very deep in the earth. So there's a lot of questions swirling out. Will these Chris Christie bombs actually be able to blow up the centrifuges question number one. Maybe we'll have success, maybe not. Maybe we'll drop the bombs, maybe we won't. Maybe there'll be a peace resolution and Iran will quit its nuclear aspirations. Maybe they won't. But you got to remember we have driven as a globe. We have driven China and Iran and North Korea closer and closer to each other. I saw this report about some jets seven forty seven's being sort of stealthily flying into Iranian airspace for reasons we are all questioning, don't know why the Chinese are doing this. There's some you know, there's some explanations that it's no big deal. Other explanations saying, hey, there's something going on here that might be a problem. But they're buddies universe. To Tehran professor Muhammad Morandi, who was interviewed back in twenty twenty one, he said the strategic partnership is important because it allows Iran and China to build a roadmap for long term relations that will be much more fruitful. It's also a signal being sent to the United States. The more the US tries to isolate Iran and China, the more it causes countries like Iran and China to move closer to each other. Oh, no, one can deny that's the reality. We're all watching it unfold before our very eyes. But China's the big threat here. They're the ones with all the information. They're the ones that have hacked into our systems. They're the ones that have the kill switch on our electricity. Right, you can't deny that they found the software, the back door ways that China can do that, notably in all the solar panels they have out in the world, and the hacking that they've been engaged in. So we got one expert now pointing out that, you know, the ripple effect of our getting involved in Iran is screaming, don't get involved. You know, the world the hell is going to come down on the Unit States. And I know they can be boisterous. I know they can say whatever the hell they want they want to project to the world that they represent a threat to the United States, But.
Speaker 4: In some levels maybe they do.
Speaker 2: This is all the type of thing that our military officials, are elected officials, and everybody else needs to take into consideration, including the President of the United States of America, as it contemplates whether they'repper Chris Christiebaum on the Ford of nuclear facility. Anyway, the s experts that Iran could hit America with a high impact cyber attack. M Now, for his part, the writing Foreign Ministry spokesperson speaking of threats from Iran esmail Bagahi threat in the United States during interview with Al Jazeera earlier this week on Wednesday, saying an American intervention alongside Israel would mean, in his words, all out war. Any American intervention would be a recipe for all out war in the region, they said, in the region. But if we're engaged in all out war, and you know, China's currently engaged in war with US form of a Cold war in the sense of hacking and all the other mischief that they're up to the division of US on social media, the use of TikTok to further divide America. Sony subtly, little by little. They take a long term approach to breaking our country up. Got to get props for strategy too. They're not an immediate gratification kind of country. They have a vision for the future, and trust me, we are not part of it.
Speaker 4: JERSA.
Speaker 2: Payton, former White House Chief Information Officer, and CEO the cybersecurity firm fort Lyfe's Solutions, talking with Fox News Digital, Iran could use cyber attacks, saying, I think everything's on the table right now as it relates to Iran, especially if they're running out of weaponry and missiles, they can resort to cyber incidents and cyber attacks. So we could see Iran strike everything from everyday citizens to US elected officials, media outlets, and here's the sailing part, as well as critical infrastructure. She suggests that arm would look to target something high impact, very visible, and very inconvenient. Putting out energy, utility and water supplies could be areas that ARAM would want to target in order to cause major disruptions, and that's exactly what they would do. You're back in a corner. Desperate times called for desperate actions, and you want to appear to project massive amounts of strength to the rest of the world. This is like terrorism. You got three guys in a room. That's all they've got, but they've got a way to blow something up that's of huge size and significance, to project might, to project strength, to bring fear into the hearts and minds of the general population. Even though they are few in numbers. The damage a few people can do is substantial. And here you have the country it's about the size of Alaska that does have missiles and does have a good relationship with China, who has already hacked into our systems before they maybe get the info from China already have it or something along those lines to bring down critical infrastructure. Peyton said, iron as a track record when it comes to cyber attacks, the threat should be taken seriously. They've done everything from spearfishing political campaigns, getting information from political campaigns. They've masqueraded as government officials. They had actually hit financial services with distributed denial of service attacks. Over the years, they've hit an out at critical infrastructure, not just in the United States but other countries as well. And so they do have a track record of hits and misses as it relates to cyber incidents. And so that's why a cyber intrusion is very much a potential on the table scenario for Iran. So add that to the list of warris and concerns that might come about as a consequence of US dropping a Chris Christie baumb on the Fordham Nuclear Facility five nineteen Mark, hang on, I'll get your call. I promised right after these brief words. Fifty five KRC the talk station, our heightheart radio, refreshing alternative from the prior administration.
Speaker 4: It's five twenty two on a Friday, and a very happy one to you.
Speaker 2: Five one three five hundred eight hundred eight two three top five about fifty on eighteen T phones, Mark one moment. It wouldn't be Friday without lem me chiming in. Mark, thanks for holding over the break there. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Morning Brian, how are you.
Speaker 4: Unsettled?
Speaker 6: Well, I have a solution. If there's anybody out there that's got a direct on the bottle Trump, here's the solution. So we're gonna hold over our Moral Day sale and we're having our July fourth sale coming up on the B one bomber BT bomber whatever it is, a sellth.
Speaker 7: Bomber and on the.
Speaker 6: Moabs. We're going to have to buy one gift on the Gogo sale, and I don't care if we charge them a dollar or one hundred million dollars. We sell them the plane and the bomb, and of course we got to train them and we let them do whatever they want to do with it, and then if there's some sort of a warranty issue, that can return it within thirty days. So that way we're not involved. We just made a saying off a sale of transaction, and whatever they do with it in the course of their own ownership, that's up to the So you know, this whole thing about whether or not the United States gets involved or not, Like you said before, we sell and give away weapons all the time to lots of different countries that are not necessarily even allies of bars and so that way, you know, Trump doesn't have to get into this whole legal matter with the Congress and all of that. But the other thing is too, is what you were saying about the the threat of the cyber attacks and all of that. I would just want them up front, go ahead, do what you.
Speaker 7: Think that you need to do.
Speaker 6: Strike our infrastructure, and we're gonna come in full force, and we're gonna plant our flat just like the US Virgin Islands. We're gonna have the Province of the United States right in the middle of you guys. I said we should have done that with Iraq when we went into Iraq and everybody warned about oh my gosh, you whack. You know, they've got this public National Guard and they're gonna it's gonna be I mean I think we pretty much over threw them.
Speaker 5: In a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we we didn't. But maintaining an occupying force amid thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, are more foes.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: It's kind of the concept you think about Russia taking over all of Ukraine. They're inviting themselves to be constantly attacked twenty four to seven by we'll call them a gorilla based military force of people who don't want the Russians in their neighborhood. I mean, wh didn't we live through that with that Afghanistan I mean Afghanistan, I mean one of those backward empty countries in the world, and we pulled out. Now, granted the prior administration was incompetent. It's pull out, but you know, after what twenty years of our presence there, we didn't really make any headway. And it's a lot more difficult to, you know, establish what you are talking about and keep it when you're surrounded by a bunch of people who think you shouldn't be there, and you also end up gaining additional foes by your mere presence. The Infidels, you know, a lot of them might say, okay, well, we don't mind the United States being involved with economic activity, and we're willing to accept them in terms of being a trading partner. But when you go over and you start taking over property, you know you're the Infidel then, and you end up gaining more folks against you. And as to the B two bomber situation, I hear what you are saying, but as it's been explained to me, you have to have something the size of the B two bomber to deliver the Chris Christie bombs, so that in and of itself is something Israel doesn't own. They don't have airplanes suffice to drop those bombs, so it requires US personnel to operate it. Now you mentioned training, I suspect that training just as a concept sounds simple, but operating and controlling and maintaining and flying a B two bomber and dropping those Chris Christie bombs a hell of a lot more complicated, and probably we require a lot of time to train the independent Israeli defense forces to fly and operate and train them so we don't have to be involved in it. Boots on the ground or a military operation standpoint. I mean, these are all the layers that we've got to walk through when we talk about this, it sounds like a simple solution. And then going back to the other point I've made, because I've read it so many times with so called experts chiming in, just because you drop the Chris Christie bomb on the Fordham facility doesn't necessarily mean it's going to actually work to destroy it. Now, it'll set them back. And that's another thing. They were set back a lot by that sucks neck virus that Israel launched into the Center users which blew them all up. Now that's going back quite a few years, but it did stop Iran from its nuclear aspirations. No, it has started right back up again. They've been at it ever since. So we blow up all their infrastructure. Let's say we're wildly successful with that. If you don't get a regime change. And I'm not saying just wiping out the supreme leader, there's always a supreme leader that will step in his place. They still have the Iranian military who are committed should be committed to an institution, but they're committed to their ideology.
Speaker 4: And their way of life.
Speaker 2: They'll continue to run the show there absent what you said, which is going in and just taking over the country completely, which carries its own logistical challenges, and might I also throw in an extra complicating factor as I stare at an article social security Iceberg getting closer, we're running out of money. Well, we already have run out of money, and maintaining an operating force and engaging in another military conflict like that is really, really, really f non compliant, blanking expensive. So we got to work all these things out. We don't want to get engaged in a ready fire aim without walking through the realities practical and otherwise of how complicated the situation truly is. Five point twenty eight right now, fifty five K City Talk Station, feel free to call.
Speaker 4: I have no complete answers.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to get a ten thousand foot perspective on the layers and the complications here, which is one of the reasons I'm really glad Private Citizen brad Winstrop is going to be in at seven oh five to talk about some of this.
Speaker 8: I'll be right back fifty five KRC. Caroline Brega had it all.
Speaker 2: Here is your channel line first one and one to forecast. We have a hot day to day eighty six for the high sunny they call that seasonal though getting hotter, a few clouds through a night dry and a low of sixty eight. Tomorrow's height ninety with most of the Sunday skies seventy one over night with a few clouds and ninety two degrees under sunny sky's Sunday feeling more like a high und sixty five. Right now fifty five Kerri Seat Talk station, and I guess I know who's going to be cutting his grass today. Five one, three, two three you talked over for at fifty five kr SEA dot com. We can't lot's alive, Jay Ratliffe. Yesterday I heard be the aviation expert Jay Radliff, congress Congressman David Taylor. We talked a whole lot of issues with Taylor. Corey Bowman, mayor for Mayor in studio and those are all podcast fifty five kr S dot Com. Over the phones we go tom Happy Friday, my friend.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Sirgain any big plans for the weekend.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think whether I do or not. I'm married. I'm married to a person who's in charge of such matters.
Speaker 7: Uh huh cfo Ceo.
Speaker 2: Cruise cruise director. I always remember the love of love vote Julie the cruise director. Not that I'm mun happy about that. You know, it's out of my hands. I don't have to be responsible. Let her make the decisions, and I just like you, go where I'm told to go. It's best in my house, it's best to have a list. But my wife wants me to do something, she writes it down the list.
Speaker 4: It gets done.
Speaker 2: She tells me to do something, and I'll sit on my button, watch a Netflix movie or something, and promptly forget that. She told me that I was supposed to do something. We'll call it a fatal flaw. But she's been willing to overlook it now soon approaching thirty three years of marriage.
Speaker 7: Soon approached. Well that's good.
Speaker 4: Thirty three into the month.
Speaker 7: Number one, top of the list. This weekend should be stay cool whatever we're doing, honey, it needs to be inside in the ac Oh. Yeah, I can't stand the heat that It's ridiculous. So this, uh, this garbage burwing over there and in the Middle East is abb It's been burwing for how many thousands of years. And that's part of the problem that we run into when when we're sticking our nose into it or and sometimes rightfully so, we have interest that that that stuff effect. We have allies over there. But that is Ah, that's a mess over there. And there are thousands of years of of beliefs and uh that these people shouldn't even be a country and and uh or that they shouldn't be doing this and and uh it's crazy, and some of it is just hard for for most of us to understand because we were not entrenched in in these religious beliefs that are a lot more important over there.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: And and you know, really rule the day over there. That's where everything starts from. And they and they teach kids over there for very early on. So you're right when you said you get rid of one supreme leader, there's another one already waiting in the wing. There's there's thousands and hundreds of thousands of people over there that just absolutely believe that Israel should not exist. Yeah, And and I mean it's it's not like it's optional, it's not it's not up for debate over there. It's just that's that's the reality that they've learned, and that is very hard to deal with. Well, all these are human beings that that another country wants to wipe off the face of the planet. And because we're allies with them, oh guess what, we're guilty by association and because of our way of life and all that. So it's a it's a very tough thing to deal with and be up against. And that's why we have to try to use as much common sense as we can our leaders do we do as voters when we put people in there, and and so let's use of common sense and at the very least, don't vote Democrat.
Speaker 4: Have a great day, Brian, you too, tom As Wonders.
Speaker 2: I's going to work that into that broader historical thousands and thousands of years of history discussion on the instability that has been the norm in the Middle East. I don't think we can blame the Democrats for that one, but I share his conclusion anyhow. Five and three seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk five five fifty on eight and t phones got a stack of stupid and it's Friday. Lots of naked people in the stack of stupid to day, so feel free to call or we'll dive into that either way of your right.
Speaker 8: Back fifty five KRC Yes.
Speaker 2: One of my listener friends, Jeffery, always anticipating and looking forward to this moment of the week. Three talk five fifty on eighteen T phones countdown.
Speaker 4: Wow, there it is the statute teacher. Let us see here.
Speaker 2: A k Nockville woman has been in charge with several crimes after police say she was partially naked while burning stolen American flags corn chord documents. Americ Aunty deputies responded around four to thirty in the morning this Monday, second Street after We're in Bussy, Iowa by the way, after receiving a report of a nude female who was lighting American flags on fire. They got there, they found twenty one year old Brianna Laired, undressed from the waist down with a flag tied around her head. Kinky Laird allegedly gave deputies a false name before hitting a deputy in the face when he attempted to arrest her. Why are you doing that no idea arresting deputy wrote in the complaints. She was eventually placed in the handcuffs and put in the back seat of my patrol vehicle before I shut the door. The female also kicked me thirties later learned the flags were damaged belonged to the city of Bussy or Baucy. They also reportedly found drug paraphernalia inside her bag. Amen brother charged with assaultan officer, indacent exposure, possession of drug paraphernalia, criminal mischief, theft, and interference with official acts.
Speaker 8: The aristocrat.
Speaker 2: Man, this guy looks really kind of cute. Nonetheless, and I don't get this.
Speaker 4: I never do get it. Please set an upstate New York woman thing.
Speaker 2: Please set an upstate New York woman has been arrested after allegedly sending naked selfies to a child idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots, someone who could probably very easily find an adult to get together with, and said nude selfies too without fear of criminal prosecution. Anna Maria Emlazo, twenty two years old of Elmira, New York, arrested, according to the Chiming County Sheriff's Office, charged with disseminating indecent material to miners in the second degree, a felony, and endangering the welfare of a child, which is at misdemeanor. Deputy set investigation began after school resource officer assigned to the Greater Southern Tier Bocees, whatever the hell that is anyway, receive the complaint alleging that she was sending these explicit images to a boy. Sheriff's Office criminal investigation divisions that it learned she sent nude photographs two of herself to a fourteen year old male over a three month period. Court to local news, they confirm a Losso was an employee of the Bocees and some kind of schools I'm guessing facility at the Chimam County Fired of course, but officials would not say when she worked at the school or what her role was. Underage boy of course not identify because he's a minor. Unclear if he was a student in the same all here it is they finally do with the parenthetical boards of Cooperative Educational Services school. Rested in charge issued an appearance ticket to appear at the Wellsburg Village Court. And again, I don't know why a woman who looks this me, you know, a beauteous subjective, right, and maybe she's just obviously an illustration of batcrap insanity, which is why maybe she had to pray on a fourteen year old boy rather then go out in the world and find someone her own age. And again I'll point to the fact, here's an illustration, and maybe why she can't find someone in her own age. She's dumb enough to take naked pictures of herself over a three month period and send them to a fourteen year old thinking they did they were never going to crop up and she was never going to be held accountable for it. Golly, New Jersey elementary school teacher accused of having sexual relationship with a student and giving birth to his child has been indicted by a grand jury. Thirty four year old Laura Karen of Cape May Courthouse has been charged with aggravated assault, sexual assault, and endangering the welfare of a child, charges identical to the one she faced following her arrest in January. Get The fifth grade teacher, who was on paid administrative leave from the Middle Township Elementary School, was found by an investigation to him engaged in sexual activities with the child between twenty six twenty twenty, when the boy and his two siblings were living with her and the icing on the cake and the victim was as young as eleven years old. December twenty twenty four, school officials received an anonymous tip about about a social media post made by the victim's father asking about Karen's now a five year old child who bared a resemblance to the victim. Since her arrest, the former student has gone on record saying he initiated the relationship. Oh well, it's okay. An eleven year old decided it was the right thing to do with the thirty four year old.
Speaker 8: Well, what the hell.
Speaker 2: Since Karen's arrests, the former student has gone on record, As I mentioned, he's now nineteen and they need to drop all charges. I wasn't groomed or raped or manipulated by her. She never initiated anything. Yeah, but she followed through with it. As the adult in the room. She's not to follow through with something that is illegal, definitionally and morally corrupt. By forty five IF five KRCD Talk station. More actually more just plain old naked people doing crazy things. I presume while on drugs. We'll get to those in the stack of stupid after these brief words. This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station. If you need to by forty nine.
Speaker 4: If it's above KRCD talk station.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday Tech part of a day hatter a particularly important tech Friday, considering your passwords may very well have been stolen if you're among the sixteen billion people who had their passwords stolen Facebook, Google, and Apple. Frightening when that one is. I'm looking forward to Heaven, Dave. I always look forward to them. But anyway, back to the stack of stupid. Michael Royce Sparks, who's sixty two years old, who has who was charged this past fall with two counts of murder with special circumstances in the deaths of Stephanie Menard's seventy three year old and her seventy nine year old husband, Daniel Manard.
Speaker 4: Backstory.
Speaker 2: A couple had been reported missing in the desert community of Redlands and were last seen in their home August of last year. They lived at the Olive Dell Ranch, described on its own website as a residential RV park and nudist resort.
Speaker 4: What this, She'll say.
Speaker 2: They found the couple's remains in bags in a concrete bunker underneath Michael Sparks's home. Court of local news in a court hearing this past Monday, detective testified that Sparks admitted to another inmate that he killed his neighbors. He allegedly said the final straw was over a hot dog.
Speaker 8: Do what the hepped?
Speaker 4: Way do you get a load of this one?
Speaker 2: Redlands Police detective Thomas Williams testified that Sparks told the other in made that Daniel Manard had given him a hot dog, which which he felt was a jab at him.
Speaker 4: I was waiting for that one, Joe.
Speaker 2: According to the detective's testimony, he said, mister Sparks felt that the hot dog was a jab at him, making him feel like he was worth only a dollar hot dog, and that's what set him off that day.
Speaker 4: Sparks accused of amen.
Speaker 2: Sparks accused of brutally beating the couple with a rake, a hoe and a hammer, prasing.
Speaker 4: Not that kind of ho Joe.
Speaker 2: Also reportedly admitted a drowning Minard's dog, little dog named Cuddles, in a sink do what the hell?
Speaker 4: Around the time of the murders.
Speaker 2: Murders and other neighbors speaking with local news said that Sparks and the Minards had a long history of tension which started over a trimmed tree. Neighbors said there was a tree that sparks wooden't trim, so the minards went ahead and did it, which started a few that lasted more than a decade. Tammy Wilkerson said, I don't think he'd ever be able to do something like this. I know he didn't like them, and he didn't have a problem telling people that, but I never thought he'd do this. No, because no one has ever supposed to do anything so horrific. That is one perceiver is the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies.
Speaker 4: There's no bigger douche than you.
Speaker 2: You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche.
Speaker 7: Dum.
Speaker 2: Good going, Douce.
Speaker 4: Your dreams have come true.
Speaker 2: Madisonville, Kentucky, where Madisonville Police Department officials say they arrested a man who assaulted an officer and tried to grab their gun and taser.
Speaker 4: Why are you doing that? Let's find out together.
Speaker 2: Courting the police sport officer's dispatch in response to a possible domestic situation, got there, They said they found a naked man later identified as ro Grigsby, shoving two other men to get past them into an apartment. Officers said they attempted to place them in the handcuffs. He resisted and tried to grab one of the officer's handguns. Also grabbed at the officer's taser. When he was pinned to the ground, Griggsby began to kick, scream, spit, and grab at the officers the cord. To the police report, he also grabbed one of the officer's genitals and started spitting on him.
Speaker 4: Well they did right that he tried to grab their gun kinky.
Speaker 2: Once Grisby was detained, they spoke to the female that he had been visiting. She said police he had Are you ready pick a drug? You think math the winner in today's drug of choice? Psychedelic mushrooms. Police question the two men Griggsby was shoving. They til The police had heard commotion and opened the door to see what was happening. They said Griggsby tried to grab or rather tried to enter the apartment before the officers got there. As officers left the scene in an ambulance, Grigsby screamed several times that he was going to kill them. Police also said they found several hypodermic needles and a large baggie of math in his short so Joe, you may be right. Eventually booked in the Hopkins County Jail charge with a filew in public intoxication, drug paraphernalia, assault, fourth degree, burglary second degree, a sault, fourth degree dating, dating, violence, traffic and controlled substance, resisting arrest, terroristic threatening and decent exposure, a sault third degree, police officer assault, third degree police peace officer, attempted disarming of a police officer, and criminal mischief the Aristocrats. Something tells me that probably pile on some additional charges beyond those, we'll end up in Stafford County, Virginia. Debuty say they arrested a naked guy walking around the neighborhood Sunday morning for County Sheriff sobvious said, deputies unfortunately got a front rows seat to a full frontal incident. That's in quotes what Sheriff's officely. The incident took place on wild Rose Drive in Stanford. Received reports of a naked guy stumbling around the road. When deputies got there, they saw a completely naked man. He tried to get away in a Chevy, which deputies later found out was not his deputies detained the naked guy, who the Sheriff's office said was showing extreme signs of intoxication.
Speaker 8: As this tradition, deputies.
Speaker 2: Found the twenty five year old man's discarded clothes and his id took him to the raffin Hannock Regional Jail, where he was given a jumpsuit, charged with public intoxication, decent exposure, attempted unlawful entry vehicles, hampering, and obstruction of justice, which makes him kind of a piker compared to the last guy.
Speaker 9: Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 2: Stick around a little more to talk about between the top and the bottom of their new His phone calls are always welcome and an important as always Tech Fried with Dave Hat are coming up at six thirty of your right back.
Speaker 10: Big things are happening, Breaking news happening now. We'll tell you more at the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: Just too aggressive and over the top. Fifty five KRC the talk station. I was clear of fifty five parents the talk station. Right, Thomas, swishing everyone a very happy Friday. I got some good plans for the weekend, and I hope they're indoors.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: If indoors.
Speaker 2: If your indoor area has air conditioning, it's gonna be a one. And we're not the only ones going to be experiencing those hot temperatures. As you heard at the top of the hour News Tech Friday, Dave Hatter come to bottom of this hour. In addition to four billion user records being exposed to a data leak, topic number two is the ones got me all wigged out and probably should have you wigged out two sixteen billion password leak. And that involves a lot of sites you probably are involved with, including Facebook and Google and Apple. So I'm sure we're going to get an earful about changeing our passwords and getting a password manager.
Speaker 4: Valuable information from daveat or on.
Speaker 2: That plus a new study on kids in screen time and kids on screen time bad outcome. I don't think you need to be someone who can see into the future to know what the answer to that study is. So we get the details with Dave Hatter from Interest It at six point thirty in studio private citizen former Congressman brad Winstrup, who did have massive security clearance and part of intelligence committees and can answer a whole lot of questions. I am certain that we will do a deep dive discussion into the situation involving Israel and Iron and whether or not we're going to get involved.
Speaker 4: I pointed out in the last hour, you know, there's a whole lot.
Speaker 2: Of different things we need to contemplate before we drop a Chris Christie bomb on the Fordham nuclear site. I thought that was funny. I heard that from someone else. I can't take credit for the Chris Christie bomb, but those giant mop bombs, the mothers of all bombs, at weigh thirty thousand pounds, can penetrate a couple of hundred feet in to the ground. And the way I saw it with the Wall Street Journal is this video on and I'll recommend you had on over if you're US, I don't know if you're a non subscriber, if you can watch it, but.
Speaker 4: You drop too.
Speaker 2: The first one goes I guess a couple of one hundred feet it blows up, and then that one's followed on the heels with number two, which then can go a lot deeper than the first one. So I feel pretty confident that the Israeli Masade has enough intelligence about where the centrifuges are in that mountain because you can't tell from looking at it overhead exactly where to drop the bombs. But dropping them is one thing. Then there's a question of whether or not they would be successful in hitting their intended target. And then what becomes after that. Someone in suggesting, you know, let's just give the Israelers or sell the Israelers. I got to kick out of the July fourth sale, buy one, get one free. Supplying the Israeli defense force with B two bombers and these huge bombs isn't the answer because they don't know how to operate them. This puts us in the same situation. You know, we don't want boots on the ground. We don't want to have in direct involvement like Ukraine, where we have boots on the ground by all accounts operating the rockets that are penetrating into Russian airspace, because it requires well security clearness to operate it, communication with the United States and the satellites that help guide and track them, and someone who knows which buttons to push and how to aim it. So we are involved in the conflict. It reminds me of advisors in Vietnam. No, No, it's just advisors. Anyhow do we want to go down that road. And as I mentioned, you know Israel. Iran does have some things up its sleeve and has promised all out war with the United States the extent we do get involved. Now, you know, we can laugh at that suggestion, recognizing how weak Iran is in comparison to the United States, but they can launch some nefarious attacks on us, including as I mentioned in the last hour, a potential cyber attack targeting our energy grid, especially if they're working in cooperation with the Chinese. And they're good buddies now, they have been for quite some time. So there's all that to sort of put together. And fortunately brad Winzterer might be able to deal with some of that and answer some of those questions. And then you know that you keep hearing it on the top of the air, and it is millions of articles out there. Trump's going to decide within the next two weeks whether or not we're going to drop the bombs. Rarely is the issue of whether or not he is the authority of the right or the ability to drop those bombs. Brought up Congressman Massey brought it up at that legislation. We brought it up earlier in the week, Congressman talking with a judge edit of Politano. Because the Constitution requires a declaration of war to get into war. Do they represent a threat to the United States of America? You know, potentially theoretically, if they have a bomb, they might represent a threat. But is it an impending threat? Is it something needs to be dealt with on an emergent basis?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: And maybe between now and the end of the second week, when Donald Trump makes a decision, the Congress will provide him with an authorization for use of military force, which would add some measure of legitimacy to his action.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a very, very complicated matter. But in terms of the National Guard, I hope you heard Top of the Art news. It was a unanimous rule and from the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, President Trump is allowed to keep control of the National Guard in Los Angeles, staying the lower court order that ordered the command back to the hands of Governor Gavin Newsom. So in the file in the court said that they believe the President had made a lawful decision, saying afford to the President that did different deference. We conclude that it is likely that the President lawfully exercises authority under Section one two four to zero six pair in IREI, which specifically authorizes federalization or the National Guard when the President is unable with the regular forces to execute the laws of the United States and so and when you look at the timeline, and I don't necessarily have any problem with this, and I don't know why I knew somebody else is getting all bent out of shape. No, the police officers are not helping to enforce ICE to its job. ICE are federal agents doing their job enforcing immigration law.
Speaker 1: Like it or not.
Speaker 2: They're enforcing the laws that are on the books. It is their right, it is their job to do so. And when they go in and when ICE property, ICE detention facilities, or the ICE officers themselves become the victims of attacks, then someone's got to protect the property. Notably when the Los Angeles Police Department is not lifting a finger to come to their aid. Were crimes being committed against the ICE officers, Absolutely, we got it on video. And if the LAPD's not going to protect them, somebody's got to protect them. So enter the National Guard. Since Gavin Newsom didn't didn't send the California National Guard to help out. He didn't direct the Los Angeles Police Department to intervene and arrest people who a engaging in criminal acts. Enter Donald Trump nationalized the National Guard and angering a whole bunch of folks who think he's some sort of you know, evil dictator when he's only trying to protect federal interests. Court also said they disagree with Newsom's argument that the president's decision to federalize members of the National Guard California National Guard is insulated from judicial review.
Speaker 4: Now somebody's got to do it.
Speaker 2: For his part and response to the decision, he's called it a big win nine Circred Court of Appeals. This is much bigger than Gavin because all over the United States, if our cities and our people need protection, we are the ones to give it to them. Should state and local police be unable for whatever reason to get the job done, therein lies the point. For whatever reason, the situation in California, the for whatever reason is they're deemed themselves a sanctuary city and they won't lift a fingertoo well enforced at federal law. Their entire system depends upon them. So big win for the Trauvel administration and he hasn't had to call them into Portland yet, but they look like they're close to heavy to call him there. Federal agents had to use non lethal munitions to shut down a large group of protesters who are blocking them Immigrations and Customs officials and local law enforcement from entering and exiting and ICE facility in Portland, Oregon. This happened over Wednesday night. Agents deployed rubber bullets, tear gash flash bangs to disperse the crowd who would swarm the compound. Lots of video online about this one as well, latest in a series of protests outside that ICE building and of course the sanctuary city of Portland, which this has been going on for about a week and a half. These protests hundreds of as described by Fox News, mostly masked protesters marching into the streets before sunset, so holding some saying nobody is illegal on stolen land. That gives you a clear perception of where they're coming from. They don't even recognize the legitimacy of us being here protect immigrants and refugees. They gathered outside the Macinam Avenue building and could be seen trying to block the entrance. Apparently, as the evening hours kicked in and the sun went down, tensions escalated and protesters rolled a dumpster in front of the Ice entrance, which then prompted a brage of non lethal blast balls being fired by law enforcement who were perched on top of a roof nice vantage point up there. They were given multiple warnings to disperse, they refused to leave. Officers got the riot gear on and advance, firing munitions with tear gas filling the air, forcing the group to eventually retreat. And I get the impression these were Ice folks, maybe local law enforcement. It's kind of unclear, but I don't believe the National Guard had to come in in this particular situation. And there were reportedly two hundred and fifty or so rioters. According to part of Homeland and Security Assistant Secretary A. Tricia McLaughlin speaking of the news last night, Portland riders violently targeted federal law enforcement. Two hundred and fifty riders launched fireworks, shined lasers in offers officers' eyes to temporarily blind them, and stormed the nice Field office. Ultimately, five individuals were arrested on various charges, including assault on a federal law enforcement officer. She said, we won't sit by and idly watch these cowards.
Speaker 7: Five.
Speaker 2: I get the impression a lot more people were involved in criminal activity among the two hundred and fifty rioters engage in all this, but they got five of them. Spokesperson said. Officers are being our face seeing a four hundred and thirteen percent increase in assaults against them. Fritz Part Portland Police Bureau said, interested two people, there's your local law enforcement presence six seventeen right now. If you I have Kesee the talk station, we could use some quiet contemplation and quiet reflection. Maybe we could use some prayer in these difficult times. Maybe you just want to meditate a little bit. You want to do it in a beautiful, peaceful surrounding. Well, Welcome to Gate of Heaven Catholic Cemetery, where you are welcome to enjoy the peaceful surroundings, beautifully manicured lawns, the trees, the walking paths. You can reflect on life, you can reflect on death, you can reflect on the meaning of life. And these beautiful, beautiful area sacred place for sacred people, more than a burial place. It's a sanctuary place set apart for again, prayer, hearing and honoring the legacy of every life. Also consider maybe resting there yourself when that's cos that's what it's all about. You can learn more online go to Gatefheaven dot org. That's Gate of Heaven dot org. This is Ted Cruz.
Speaker 9: Join me Sunday night at seven pm on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Jeden wetherforc Ask. We have a Sunday day to day with a high of eighty six. Its going to be dry overnight sixty eight for low with a few clouds, mostly sunny skies.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow going up in.
Speaker 2: Ninety degrees seventy one over night with a few clouds and a hot Sunday going up to ninety two degrees. It'll be sunny and they say it'll feel more like one hundred sixty five. Right now, let's get a traffic update from the u SEE Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: Right now, over one hundred thousand people are waiting and hoping for an organ transplant. That's saved thevib Sign up to be an Oregon donor or explore a living donation and you see health dot com slash transplant highways doing just fine this morning, no wrecks to deal with, not even of delay. North North found seventy five out of earl Anger into downtown. You're looking at less than seven minutes inbound, seventy four wide open past North Bend. Shot kingbrom On fifty five krs talk station, the fifty.
Speaker 2: Five krs the talk station, Tchbardi. Dave Hatter coming up in the next segment. David, you're happy, yeah, because you haven't read the headlines we're going to be talking about anyway. Let's stay in Oregon, and well, do you use this as an extension from the stack of stupid in the last hour. I mean, I think perhaps Oregon has gone irredeemably bat crap crazy Fox News reporting black drag queens as opposed to white drag queens or Asian drag queens. Black drag queens performed at the open and opening ceremony of the Oregon House of Representative's latest session. This in honor, apparently of Pride Month, happened on Wednesday organ House of Representatives and began after a performance by two black drag queens in honor of Pride Month. Democratic Representative Travis Nelson described in the reporting as the first openly LGBTQ plus African American Oregon legislator. And I paused on that, what is Travis? He's not all of the across the board?
Speaker 10: Is he?
Speaker 2: Can you be lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, queer and plus all at the same time? Which one is he? And more fundamentally who cares? But he's the first. Anyway, this guy invited Isaiah Esquire and Aqua Flora. Those are the two black drag queen performers to do this opening ceremony. Now get a load of what they did. They lip synced to Aretha Franklin's A Deeper Love and Beyonce's I Was Here while wearing bright gold outfits and dancing across the room. It is that an exhibition of talent? I'm sure if Joe Joe Drecker was a fan of Aretha Franklin's A Deeper Love and knew the lyrics to it, he could lip sync it as well, and so could I.
Speaker 4: If I knew the words? Would I be invited? Would it?
Speaker 2: Would it be a considered meritorious or talented in any way, shape or form. No, But if you're black and you're a Drag Queen, you're allowed to stand up and do the opening ceremony for the organ House or representatives. If they sung it themselves, then I'd give them a little bit more credit. Five minute performance and it was a standing ovation apparently from a lot of the House members there. Nelson, the one that invited them, gave his remarks. Remember he's the first LGBTQ plus African American organ legislator. Okay, here's what he had to say about it. Somebody wrote, WTF question mark question mark after this statement. I'd like to take a moment to extend deep gratitude and recognition to the incredible Drag performers who joined us this morning, Aquaflora and Isaiah Esquire joining us on the House for today, in addition to all of the LGBTQ plus folks in the building. Your presence, artistry, and courage are a powerful reminder of the joy, resilience, and cultural impact of drag in Oregon and beyond. Thank you for sharing your light with us this morning. It's an honor to have you here. Oh but there's more. This performance also suggested to be an honor to the new Oregon House resolution that quote recognizes and honors the history of black drag in Oregon. That we the members of the House Representatives of the eighty third Legislative Assembly, recognize and on or Oregon's rich history of black drag, and we congratulate all those whose spirited contributions have made Organs black drag community. What are the most vibrant and vital in the nation. Read the resolution, which was the first piece of legislation they took up, passing thirty four to nine. Man, we woke up in an alternative universe, folks, I don't know what planet I'm on.
Speaker 4: That is true.
Speaker 2: Chimney Care Fireplace is still will help you out regardless of how you identify.
Speaker 4: Call them up.
Speaker 2: They'll free and they do a free inspection of your chimney to see that any water damage problems you might be facing you might not know about it. I mean, if you got leaks coming in, clearly you have a problem on your hands. You can have some leaks going on up there to get into your roofline, maybe rop the wood cause problems, maybe mold. All the things that can come from water and water can be a real problem. So I have the experts at Chimneycare Fireplaces though, do a free exterior inspection. Simple to do. You just give them a call and set up the appointment. Now, for woodburners out there, take advantage of the current special woodburning Sweep in evaluation one hundred and sixty nine dollars and ninety nine cents. Of course it comes with the exterior inspection, but also a full video camera inspection for you woodburners out there. How much kreosoit you got built up in there? When's the last time you had it professionally swept by a certified chimney sweep. You could burn your house down if that stuff catches on fire. At minimum, you're going to crack your lining. It's a problem, so solve it. These folks are experts, been at it since nineteen eighty eight. Locally owned and operator. They enjoying eight plus with a better business bureau. Make an appointment by two ways, One by calling them, two by going to the website where you can learn a whole lot more about the showroom, what they do, what they sell. The number five on three two four eight ninety six hundred two four eight ninety six hundred online Chimneycareco.
Speaker 8: Dot Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Youre c Detalk station and happy Forriday. Thank you Eric who confirmed that even if you're not a subscriber to The Wall Street Journey, you can watch the video I was talking about how those Chris Christy bombs as thirty thousand pound bombs work. It's right there at WSJ dot com. And welcome back to the fifty five Caresday Morning Show. One of my favorite times a week, except when to read the headlines we're talking about today where you're freaking me out. Dave Hatter, interest Its on, Dave Hatter, they sponsor the segment interest it. Dot com Business career says they are the best in the business for your business computer needs and problems. Dave, Welcome back. Let's dive on into it.
Speaker 5: Oh it's my pleasure, Brian. Yeah, we got some interesting things this morning.
Speaker 4: Frightening.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And it's sadly, Brian, it seems like each week it's something a little crazier than best. You know, I often find myself thinking why did I get into this business? You know, because every day it's just something crazy.
Speaker 4: And built in revenue stream.
Speaker 5: Well that's that's true, but man, it can be Uh, it's really frustrating. Trying to get people to take this stuff seriously. Today, you're going to well, I sincerely hope you're right, but we shall see. So which one you want to start with? We can go wherever you want to go.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get the worst of the news out of the way up front. The sixteen billion passwords leaked and I put it out Davil. Everybody's had their email address out on the internet. Oh my god, you had a data leak. They got your internet address, and they know your home address or where you used to live, and all that stuff is generally available information on the internet anyway, So I always roll my eyes and say.
Speaker 4: Well whatever.
Speaker 2: But passwords are rarely something that's been hacked and leaked out. In this particular case, sixteen billion Apple, Facebook, Google and other passwords have been leaked.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is this is a fairly disturbing story. And before I get into the specifics of it, when you hear some nerd like me tell you you need to have a strong, unique password for every account. You need to have multifactor authentication turned on ideally fish resistant MFA. And I'll get more specific here in a minute. Or maybe even use pass keys, which are a newer technology not supported by every platform out there. This is one of the reasons, probably the main reason why if the bad guys know because of these sorts of leaks, and because they know how human beings behave, they know that people will use the same password on multiple accounts. Now, some people might have two or three select passwords. You don't have the exact same password on every account. But if you have a week password, you know, let's say it's eight characters long and it's just numbers or something right, or it's a word like password or any word in the English dictionary that can be cracked in a matter of minutes. Modern technology that's easily accessible to any hacker. Right, you don't have to be some sort of Merlin of hacking to do this. The software is readily available, it's easy to do, and the bad guys know. People follow into these bad habits because it's hard to have let's say fifty different strong, unique passwords. I get that, I totally understand that. But the bad guys know this. So now when you see this sort of situation here, and it appears this data has been collected over time from many different sites using something called infostealers, perhaps keystroke loggers. This is software. Again, bad guys know about this stuff readily available to the bad guys. You get a phishing email, you click a link. Somewhere in the background, software is downloaded to your computer and it doesn't do anything obviously nefarious, right, You just keep doing your thing, But it's sitting there quietly in the background, capturing all of your keystrokes, which means all of your passwords.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: The spectation around this particular enormous data set which includes passwords is that this has been combined from infostealers keystrokeloggers over time. And when you see you know again. So when guys like me say, well, you know, we see these same bad habits with people, it's partially because of this sort of thing. It's not just speculation. It's collecting these giant sets of data that have been leaked and looking at the passwords that have been used. So now when you take that into account, and you take social engineering into account getting people to cough this stuff up, and you look at all this data, it really drives home the point that your data is out there in varying degrees. Your passwords may very well be out there, and it just makes you subject to becoming a victim very easily if you don't have multifactor authentication turned on. Now, that is not fool proof, right, multi factor authentication, two factor authentication, two step verification. There are different ways to do it, from a text message all the way up to a hardware key. You have to plug into your device to essentially send that code. But if I can guess hack or have a dump of your passwords and you don't have a multi factor authentication turned on, I'm into your accounts. I'm you know, I can virtually anything to you. I can steal your money, I can perpetrate identity theft in your name. And I know it's hard for people to grasp this, but there are many professional criminals out there, and once they have this information, it's just a matter of time until they get to you.
Speaker 4: So tell you what.
Speaker 2: Let's pause on that note, we will continue this discussion. We're out of time in the segment, and this needs a little bit more tension and we have right now. We'll bring Dave Hatter back. After I mentioned affordable medical imaging imaging can be affordable. CT scans got one affordable imaging last week actually turned out pretty good.
Speaker 4: I got the.
Speaker 2: Results, I went ahead and logged in and out the board certified radiologist report. So a lot better than I actually thought it would be. That's good news for me. Better news you're gonna save a ton of money regardless of the outcome what the radiologist report says, which is included in the low price. A CT scan does not have to cost you five grand, which is about what you're going to pay at the hospital. No contrast, it's four hundred and fifty bucks. Six hundred with the contrast, Yeah, don't pay thirty five hundred dollars for an MRI. Get one for four hundred and ninety five bucks at Affordable Imaging Services. Echo cardiogram could be thirty five hundred bucks at the hospital, five hundred with no enhancement, eight hundred with at Affordable Imaging Services. Massive saving same kind of equipment to the hospitals use just low overhead, but wonderful customer service and experts work in the equipment, including Again, the price includes the report, So exercise your choice. Give them a call, schedule appointment. They can get you right into, unlike the imaging department at the hospital. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand, seven five three eight thousand online It's affordable Medimaging.
Speaker 8: Dot Com fifty five KRC paying.
Speaker 2: Too much for one KCD talk station intrust it dot com, where you find Dave Hatter and the crew to help you with your business related computer.
Speaker 4: Problems and issues.
Speaker 2: All right, back to the passwords, because the second article deals with another four billion user record exposure. Let us continue this information and discussion.
Speaker 4: Dave Hatter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So the bottom line, really, Brian, if you go back to the Forbes article we started with talking about the sixteen billion passwords, again, it's increasingly easy, especially if you don't have any sort of basic cyber hygiene in place, to get these infostealers. You see these giant dumps. You know, if you have the same password and multiple accounts. Again, if I can get your password for one, well I can just try different things. If your information is in one of these dumps, I know what sites you use. Right, So, in light of this and many many outlets have reported on this again, this Forbes article is pretty good. I just want to read something here, real quick quote. The fact that credentials in question are of high value for widely used services carries with it far reaching implications, which is why it's more important than ever for consumers to invest in password management solutions and dark web monitoring tools. The latter can alert users when their passwords have been exposed, hopefully enabling them to take action. Then, it goes on to say, ultimately enforces that cybersecurity is not just a technical challenge. Change your account passwords, use a password manager, and switch to pass keys wherever possible. So, like I said before, if you have multi factor authentication turned on, then if I get your password, I still have this extra hurdle, right, I have to get that one time generally thirty second in life code to log in. This is why multi factor authentication, while not foolproof, is very important. So my advice to people in light of this is as painful as this is going to be. You really ought to change your passwords. You need to make sure you have a unique password on every account. It needs to be a strong password. Twelve characters are more. Longer is better combination of letters, symbols and numbers. You know, the more complex and the longer it is, the more difficult it is to crack. Once you get into about twelve characters, it's more or less uncrackable, assuming it's some combination of letters, symbols, and numbers. However, I also understand how difficult it is for people to come up with, let's say, fifty strong unique passwords. I totally understand this, right, I'm a human being too. I couldn't remember all that stuff. So, you know, first and foremost multi factor authentication. I recommend, in light of this breach, you change your passwords. I recommend you get a password manager. You have always recommended the one that you use as an illustration.
Speaker 2: One password one that's the spelled out word one password, the number.
Speaker 5: One password, number one spell that password, the number one number one password. Now there are other good ones, Brian, you know keeper. You can use sites like zd net, Tom's Guide, c net PC magazine to look at what their editors say about various password managers. Some are free. Most use a freemium model where you can get the free basic services and then you pay for additional services like a family plan and things like that. And people will often ask me, well, how do I know I could trust the password manager? What happens if they get hacked? If it's done right, then, assuming you have a strong master password on your password manager, and assuming you have multi factor authentication turned on your password manager, even if they could steal the entire password database, it's encrypted using something called zero knowledge encryption. It's encrypted on your computer using your secret key before it ever gets to their database. Once it's out there, it's encrypted, they have to crack the encryption to use it.
Speaker 2: So all right, hold on, just real quick here, at the risk of going a little too long, and I just want to get as quickly as you can explain this. I download one password, I use a password manager I come to work. Is that password manager located on my home laptop?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 2: Do I access it via an internet site? And therefore I have access to all the past? How does it work? Real quickly?
Speaker 5: It depends, but most of them work the way you described the latter way you describe where it's going to be installed as like a browser extension, an app on your phone, an app on your computer. So wherever you are, whatever device you're on, you simply need to know your master password and you get the MFA code to unlock it so it will travel with you and be available across multiple devices on you know, Apple, Android, Windows, Mac. The better password managers will work wherever you are. That's a good question, and sometimes it's difficult when people first get started. But the password manager will make it easy for you to create an insane password for every account. And then you only need to know one password, the one to unlock the password manager, and so password manager MFA change your passwords. The password manager will make it easy to do that. And for any site that supports past keys, and then we won't have time to get into this, you should use the past key option. It eliminates the need for a password. It's based on cryptography, but not every site supports it, so it's a new upcoming technology. Use those where you can.
Speaker 2: Excellent advice. Appreciate that Dave Hatter on behalf of my entire listening audience. Stick around, get your kids away from the screen. Apparently it's really bad that with Dave Hatter interest it dot com six forty six right now, and an opportunity for you to mention a wonderful, wonderful human being Suzette Low's camp all around wonderful lady, very charming, very friendly and the best in customer service when it comes to mortgages. This is where this I mean, this is her job more than thirty five years in the mortgage business. She's with Cross Country Mortgage, which means regardless of which state you're listening to me in, she can help you nationwide. She is best possible human being to deal with customer service. And she's a broker, so she's got access to all kinds of different products out there. You're not working with you. It's like one bank with one set of options. She knows where all the options are. It's always great rates at a low cost. You can chop it around and find you a great product with no junk fees and no application fees. Great rates at a low costs what she's all about. You'll enjoy working with her. I know my daughter did was so happy.
Speaker 4: That she did.
Speaker 2: Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. You'll get right back with you five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Or just shoot her an email. It's Suzett dot lows camp spelled l O s E. Kamp Suzette dot Low's camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 8: Fifty five krc see.
Speaker 4: WebStar for details.
Speaker 2: Bill's Happen six fifty fifty five KRCD talk station Wrapping up our extremely important segment with interest its Dave had or interest I dot Coms, where you find Dave and the crew to help you with your problems in business computer related issues. Dave anxiety, depression, aggression, low self esteem. If your children are struggling with that, I think you may have the answer in this article publishing Newsweek.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sadly, Brian, I think you're right, and real quick, when I put up the show notes together for this, I'll put some stuff in there about past keys. Oh okay, good, kind of understand how that works, and maybe next week we can dig into that in more detail.
Speaker 4: But wonderful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I found this was a pretty disturbing article from Newsweek, and I encourage parents and grandparents to go read it. I know it's a challenge. I mean, you know, I have kids now they're older, and the oldest, you know, sort of grew up free cell phone for most of their childhood. I mean, by the time they were teenagers, they had smartphones, mobile phones, et cetera. Yeah, but you know, I tablets, smartphones, that sort of thing really weren't a thing for my three older kids for the most part when they were really young, you know, right now, you know, I still have a seventeen year old who's a senior in high school next year, so it's been more of a challenge with him. And so again, you know, I understand how challenging it is for parents not only to hear this information but to also figure out what to do about it. Whether it's just the amount of time they spend on these devices, whether it's their exposure to all kinds of terrible things that you and I would never have had exposure to. Brian, Although you know, when I hear people talk about this, I think back. I'm sure you and Joe can remember the good old days of the faces of death. Do you remember that?
Speaker 4: I that one doesn't ring a bell with me.
Speaker 5: I can remember, you know, my friends like, oh, you've got to see this. It was like you go to get this tape and it was supposedly, you know, real footage of people dying in all kinds of horrific ways of doing things like eating live monkey brains and all kinds of wild stuff. I have see, So you must have you must have had better parents than mine.
Speaker 4: Yea parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I just had to go next door to listen to the Georgia Carlon records and things like that.
Speaker 4: We weren't allowed to that.
Speaker 2: I wasn't even allowed to watch mash or all in the family when I was a little kid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hear you, because a lot of times would be the same thing, like, you know, I'd go to a friend's house and we'd bust out the the Steve Martin or Richard pryor or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly faces a.
Speaker 5: Death for its time was you know, and I'm not even sure a lot of it was real, but you know, it was very controversial. But but but the bigger point is, you know, that was the exception rather than the rule. And now obviously your kids have access to device devices at home, Yeah they could. And even if you put parental controls in and that sort of thing, which we've talked about before, there's nothing necessary that stops your kids from going next door where they don't have the same kind of restrictions. And so again, I understand it's disturbing to hear this. It's challenging for parents, But when you look at this, you know, research conducted by the American Psychological Association, published in the Journal of Psychological Bullets and Reviewed, analyzed one hundred and seventeen separate studies involving more than two hundred ninety two thousand children under the age of ten from around the world. And there was one particular line in here I'm trying to find again about you know, obviously correlation is not causation. But they go on to say that, you know, because this look that the period of time rather than just like a snapshot of time, and it looked at things like TV, watching, video games, social media, online school work, basically any anything that involved using some sort of digital device. It's you know, they basically say, here it is. Sorry, it took me a second. Quote it's about as close as we can get to causal evidence without randomly cutting screens for thousands of kids, he said, But still we can't completely rule out other factors like parenting style that could influence both screen use and emotional problems. And you know, it talks about how, you know, you see all kinds of negative consequences psychologically from kids the more time they spend on these things, you know, type of content matter. Gaming was more strongly linked with negative outcomes than education and recreational screen US children with socioeconomic or sorry socio emotional difficulties were especially drawn to gaming as a coping mechanism, And you know, I get that now. I've been on both sides to this gaming thing. You know, I grew up playing video games. It's a large extent of why I got into this business in the first place, because you know, I was the right age for Atari and that sort of thing. I liked video games, got interested in computers as a result, and that's that's how I got to where I am today. Video games are certainly a lot more realistic and in many cases a lot more violent than you know, something like Space Invaders when we were kids. You know, I've played plenty of violent video games. I haven't gone out and committed any atrocities, but I understand if you're if you're running short, yeah yeah, but yeah, parents and grandparents, you should go read this Newsweek article. I'll link it it and then think about how much time the kids are spending on there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Really should cut back on the amount of time. Just put time limit on it on.
Speaker 4: A daily basis.
Speaker 5: Everyone, everyone should probably cut back. Brian probably a lot better off.
Speaker 2: Mentley, Amen, brother Dave, Thank you so much again for sponsoring interest it dot coms. Hey reach Dave in the team. It's six fifty six in studio Private Citizen former Congressman Brad Winster to talk about all the issues in the news that we can fit in in an hour of studio time.
Speaker 4: Don't go away, We'll tell you more at the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: That they are doing is terrorizing immigrant families. Fifty five krc the talk station this reported seven oh six a fifty five krcd talks Dation Love my Priorities. Generally speaking, not all the information I get from Dave Hatter, but it is a warning shot for everyone to take pay attention to. If you're just tuning in right now, you definitely need to heed Dave's advice and check the podcast out fifty five kr SA dot com and I meantime, please welcome back to the fifty five CARC Morning Show in studio, which is always the case with Private Citizen former Congressman Brad Winster. Brad, it is a pleasure to have you here, always a good time, and it's a shame we have nothing to talk about by way of topics. Well, there's always that. It seems, oh my, just a crazy world we find ourselves in. All right, before we get to the Chinese and the fake id's and the twenty seventeen coupdata efforts by the gunmen who you helped save Steve Scales, and the Steel dossier, and all the other nefarious things that the FBI did and is now trying to cover up and destroy. A bunch of questions swirling around that. We will talk about that, folks, but of course I want to first dive into the Israeli Iran situation We've got going on right now. I think all my listeners know what's going on. It becomes a question now. And Donald Trump said within the next couple of weeks he is going to decide whether or not to use the Chris Christie baumbs to blow up the Fordham Nuclear facility, which is where these centrifuges are apparently buried underground. And since so many people widely report that, I'm pretty confident that the Mossad and the Israeli defense forces are very clear that what's in there and where it happens to be located. If they did use these giant, thirty thousand pound bombs, that they would know exactly where to drop them. You feel comfortable with that sort of conclusion we're at right now.
Speaker 9: Well, I think it's hard to argue that the Israeli intelligence.
Speaker 4: Is weak.
Speaker 2: It's very strong.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: I mean to look what they have done. I mean, just these surgical takeouts of the scientists and the leadership in Iran. That's unbelievable in today's day and age. It was beyond their expectations, widely reported. I mean, they knew where these generals were going to be. They apparently were able to lure them into a face to face meeting. But as it turns out, when they launched that missile strike, they got a hell of a lot more of the top command than they really expected to get. Well, I you know, that's that's good for them. I mean, that's just unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of.
Speaker 9: Hope, I guess, and some faith in what the Israelis are capable of. And I don't think that they started this without out a potential plan of their own.
Speaker 4: Oh clearly, and it's in the works for a long time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And so you know, they may or may not need us help to ultimately complete the goal, which, as Donald Trump said, his goal is no nukes, and he pretty much ends it there. He doesn't talk about regime change. He just says, no nukes. Don't want you to have any nukes. That's the threat to the United States and the free world. The world watches and listens to Donald Trump. There's no doubt about it. I mean, he just dominates the airwaves. So what he says matters. They're talking, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I was just going to say, I appreciate and sort of embrace that concept of no regime change, because you know, it's the B words you know versus the B words you don't. There is always going to be a supreme leader that's going to step in the place of whatever iotoli it dies or gets waxed or is blown up. The religious philosophy and the ideology is not going to change with the eradication of one or two guys.
Speaker 5: No, but it.
Speaker 9: Depends, right, and so who are the other one or two guys or thousands of guys. Ironically, the day after the attack, I'm in DC in an uber. I always talked to the uber drivers. Most of them are foreign. I ask where they're from, and you know, if I've been there, it's kind of interesting conversation. I have not been to Iran, although in Iraq I was at the edges. But the driver was from Iran. I said, oh what about last night? He goes, all of Iran is happy, All of Iran is happy. Yeah, I mean I didn't pull those words out of him, but he's telling me my family. I get families still there. All of Iran is happy. Forty six years we've had this regime. Yeah, forty six years. Well, this is the kind of chatter we heard from the Iraqis ahead of us going into Iraq, that the citizenry is going to rise up and everyone's going to be happy and embrace the US forces.
Speaker 12: And they did.
Speaker 9: It was the insurgents seeking power after that saw a power vacuum and they wanted to fill it. And that's what the insurgency was. And that was multinational.
Speaker 4: If you end up dominating the masses.
Speaker 9: Unfortunately, if they have the strength muscle, I know, I know, I know, yeah, the factor of life.
Speaker 4: But you know, we've we've.
Speaker 9: Moved the Kneimt since the region in the Vincent. That's not uncommon. We do that type of thing all the time, a little show of force. And you know, look, Donald Trump is probably the first president to actually stand up and say I don't know what I'm going to do. No one knows what I'm going to do, and I think he does that intentionally. Look, we as a country have maybe short memories, but I'm going to tell you from my experience. I remember nineteen seventy nine. I remember the four hundred and forty four days sure of American hostages in Iran. That's the first time I heard the word iotola.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember the iotola toilet mints in the bottom of the toilet the urinals remember those?
Speaker 9: Yeh yeah, yeah, I mean I remember that. And in Iraq, you know, I'm taking care of guys blown up. The forensics are there. The weaponry that was used to blow up an American military came from Iran and Sulimani. You know, I was grateful. Actually, Sulimani was on his way to kill more Americans or attempt to. When Donald Trump took him out during his first term. That was pretty surgical in and of itself. Right, I don't know where are people. Some people might be in. Well, if you do that, that's okay, you know, But we don't want to get into a whole work. Nobody nobody does. Nobody does the Vietnam syndrome the Iraq syndrome, the Afghanistan syndrome that we all carry. You know, it's like, when is this ever going to be over there? You know that that's where America is, and that's what America's worried about. And I get that, and I think the President understands that. But it's interesting to see some of his biggest political supporters in the House and in the Senate are being highly critical and jumping to the conclusion this will be another twenty year war where that's not who this president.
Speaker 4: Is all right now.
Speaker 2: The main suggestion is it seems to be the focus rather seems to be that Fordham nuclear facility. It just keeps getting brought up. If we can just eradicate that we have set them back to the Stone agent as far as the nuclear program is going, they've already blown up all the other surface of nuclear facilities and installation, the heavy water facilities, and that the targets they were able to hit or are continuing to hit. But this one's a problem because it's buried so deep enter the I've been calling them Chris Christie bombs said, thirty thousand pound bombs. But these can penetrate Wall Street Journal had an interesting video on it. I've been regular recommending my listeners take a look at how they work. There's still remains a question that if we go ahead and do that, and that's where the complicating factors come in. And maybe you can offer your insight on this, because as I have read over and over again, that's going to require the use of US military personnel. There are are b two bombers. There are bombs. Israel doesn't own any yet, they don't have any airplanes that are capable of toting and deploying these bombs, So somebody's got to do it. And right now, all errors seem to point to us. First question before we deal with the complicating factors on that and whether that's true or not. Will they actually reach their intended target? And there seems to be some question as to whether or not they can. Yes, you can lose them, Yes they can blow up, but will they do the damage that is necessary? Do we have any confidence that that actually that they'll actually work? Well, I think that's the closest thing to it, and it certainly seems to me that it would just destroy quite a bit of the infrastructure associated to the centrifuge. Yeah, you know, like, can you even get to them?
Speaker 4: Right? You have to dig it out? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean so yeah, and then what and then it be for anyone the Israelis to target those that are trying to dig it out.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think a good point.
Speaker 9: I think that you know, the damage can be done even if it's just you know, surrounding the access to what they built so deep.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, second question on that, and then we'll take a break. Israel was able to successfully, in another brilliant, brilliant military effort, launched that sucks neck software into the centrifuges in Iran and it destroyed all of them. A brilliant use of technology too for warfare purposes. That didn't stop them from moving forward their nuclear program. They just rebuilt the centrifuges. Right, we wouldn't we be this. I mean if you put aside the idea that okay, well, we're not going to be able to change the regime. I don't want to change the regime, but the motives of the regime are to obtain a nuclear weapon. And since they're butted up now real close with China and some of our other adversaries, all you know, many of whom have these nuclear technology? Could they not acquire one or otherwise just hit the ground running and start all over again and pursue a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 4: And isn't that likely?
Speaker 9: Well, those are all the pieces on the chessboard, aren't they see that's why? Yeah, no, no, they really are. It's fair. But the underlying belief is that although they use each other for strength, that being North Korea, Iran, China and Russia, that the big two with nukes of three really don't want them to have it. They really don't want them to have it. I mean, keep in mind they still disagree religiously. Yeah, it's like having a crazy uncle. You know, you're related to them, and you'll play nicely with Thanksgiving, but if you want them to run around with a firearm, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: That's kind of it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean yeah, I mean they see potential problems with that as well. And then there's plenty of things that they still would disagree with Iran on, but they use them as an ally when necessary.
Speaker 4: Fair enough.
Speaker 2: Seven to sixteen, Will can team with a citizen. Former Congressman brad Winstrip excellent dentist. We all need a great dentist. You got to take care of your teeth. And you know, I know people don't like necessarily go to the dentistry. Some people I love it because you know, I'm in the great hands of doctor Fred Pack and doctor Megan Frew as well. She teamed uble them not that long ago, but she met his unbelievably high credentialing standards, and listeners who have gone to doctor Frew absolutely love her. They just talked about she is just a wonderful, wonderful lady and it's a fantastic dentist as well. Working on her way to accreditation with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, where doctor Fred Pack is a Distinguished Fellow, one of only three in the in the entire state of Ohio, and he well deserves status his fellowship because he has transformed people's lives with his cosmetic dentistry. You're not happy with your smile, Doctor Fred Pack is the man to see along with doctor Megan Frew, offering her fresh perspectives on the latest techniques to craft a beautiful, stunning smile for.
Speaker 4: All things dentistry.
Speaker 2: It's doctors Pac and Frew fot him online pechsmiles dot com, pec k peckmiles dot com five one three sixty one seventy six sixty six five one three sixty one seventy six sixty six fifty five car the talk station ower heightheard rate. There's your channelnin first one leablecast sunny skies today and happy summer by the way eighty six with the high overnight o sixty eight with a few clouds, ninety under sunny skies tomorrow overnight seventy one with a few clowns and a hot Sunday going up to ninety two degrees feeling more like one hundred, says Channel nine, sixty seven degrees. Time for traffic from the UCUP Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: Right now, over one hundred thousand feeple are waiting and hoping for an organ transplant saved their life. Sign up to be an organ donor or explore living donation at u see health dot com. It's clans transplant. All things have now been blocked off East Pound seventy four with the accident. Before you got the two seventy five at the coal Ring split, backing up past Miami Town and getting close to the Whitewater Split two seventy five Chuck Camera month fifty the talk station.
Speaker 4: Pardon me, never know what's going to happen when you start talking.
Speaker 2: About KRCD talk station talking with citizen former Congressman brad winstervin studio. We're talking matters military. Of course, he probably served his country and still is in service to his country. He's had all of the security clearances under the sun, and so he is in a very great position to talk about the matters we're talking about. And pivoting over to something that's near and dear to my heart the Constitution United States of America, which vests the power to wage war in the hands of Congress. And then we have you know, these sort of the War Powers Resolution in nineteen seventy three, which loosens up and delegates some of the authority from Congress to the president. Never been tested in court, although Supreme Court presidents suggests it will be found unconstitutional, but we live with that. Then there's this thing we call authorization use of military force, which also isn't in the constant, but they do issue those.
Speaker 4: Where are we right now?
Speaker 2: On we're talking about either Trump's gonna do it or he's not, but does he have legal foundation to do it?
Speaker 9: In the first place you said, where are we now? We are in two thousand and one, this is where we are.
Speaker 4: Go go dust it off.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, I will say this and I'll say this, you know, as a soldier and as a former politician, if you will, the support of the American people is something you always need and want to have, of course, before you go into action. I mean, after nine to eleven, it was giddy up, America's flying the flag and here we go. Right, you don't get to do that to us when it comes to lawmakers. You look at what we've done over the years with agencies. We created agencies so we wouldn't have to vote on things. I mean, and it's a real problem today. That's a whole nother segment. But oh, but you know that's that's how I somewhat look at where we are with the authority for use of military force. It was granted to the president in two thousand and one after nine to eleven, and understandably because you had to have a commander in chief that had the capabilities to respond the way the country wanted us to respond, right, and it was a horse.
Speaker 2: Of a different color because we weren't fight fighting a nation flying under a flag in uniform. It was sort of this nebulous group of terrorists that seemed to be all over the place. It was totally different, right, and so you have to get declare war against like people that are everywhere in the Middle East.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly really what we did.
Speaker 9: So I'll read what the AUMF said and then the interpretations today, and I'm looking at an article by Andrew McCarthy which was in National Review. They said, the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines they probably put have said, should have said he or she, but he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September eleven, two thousand and one, or harbored such organizations or persons in order to prevent any future attacks of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations, or persons.
Speaker 2: Okay, So because Iran was involved and did harbor terrorists back in twenty twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: Throughout throughout the process, they were they were moving al Qaeda in and out of Afghanistan. They were facilitating al Qaeda's movements and efforts let's put it that way. Were they aware of the nine to eleven attack? Probably not, because that was held very close hence its success.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, most people my listening audios think the Saudis were behind that one. Anyway, considering who the people who the bombers were.
Speaker 9: Who knows what kesh Ptel may find and John Radcliff we're going to get to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So by extension then that because Iran was involved back then in that those activities. By extension, fast forward to twenty twenty five, you're saying Donald Trump has the authority under that authorization for you some military force to drop the bombs if he chooses to do something.
Speaker 9: Because the AUMs authorization of force was against nations that harbor nine to eleven operatives, nations or people or organizations. All right, remember remember the phrase if you hou'se a terrorist, you are a terrorist. Understood. Now, we can debate whether that language extends all the way to the current activities of obtaining a nuclear weapon for their own behalf of the Iranians, and whether that has some connection or whether that relates to terrorist activity.
Speaker 2: But we'll let you hash that out amongst your soul. I suppose because we may come to different conclusions on that. I know Congressman Thomas Massey has, for example at seven twenty six. Will continue, of course with congress or former Congressman bradwinsterp. After I mentioned plumb type plumbing, plumbing done right. They they just they're great plumbers. What more can I say for all your plumbing needs. I've head ound my house. Are the ones that installed the gas line for my uh whole house generator. They're the ones that stopped the chandelier from raining. They're the ones that did all the plumbing work for the remodeled bathrooms, any kind of project that all involves plumbing. You're in the best hands. They know you deserve better. They deliver on superior customer service, great prices, There is no service fee, and they offer free estimates, all of which is why they enjoy an A plus with a Better Business Bureau. Also number one installer of tankless water heaters here in the Tri State for energy savings, space savings, and unlimited hot water plus something that lasts longer than a traditional tank. A lot of reasons to go tankless. Go with the experts. Plumb tight plumbing. It's always plumbing done right. Five one three seven two seven tight te five one three seven seven eighty four eighty three online. You find them at plumbtight dot com.
Speaker 5: Dot com.
Speaker 8: Caroline Barrega had it all.
Speaker 4: Ted night, first win with the whole ass.
Speaker 2: We have a high at eighty six day with sunny sky as few clouds over next sixty eight Tomorrow sunny and ninety for the high time to seventy one overnight and a mostly sunny Sunday as well with a high ninety two which they still feel more like one hundred sixty seven now Traffic Town from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: Right now, over one hundred thousand people are waiting and hoping on an organ transplant to save their life. Sign up to be an organ donor or explore a living donation at UC.
Speaker 2: Health dot com.
Speaker 11: Slash Transplant Cruise are working with an accident eastbound seventy four before you get to seventy five and the Coal Ringe Split. The highway is shut down, so traffic backing up past Miami Town to the white Water Split at two seventy five. Chuck ingram on fifty five karsee the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty fifty five krsee talk station and enjoying the conversation. I wish it wasn't the subject matters so much, but at least interesting in exchange of thoughts and ideas and questions getting answer and by private citizen former Congressman Brad Weinstrip, who's in the studio pivoting over. I know you think the world of cash Hotel, and so do I, because anybody who's in favorite of transparency and getting to the bottom of stuff is in my uh is I'm a fan of. And boy, there's a million places we could go with what cash Hotel is looking into and what he is talking about and documents that he is finally handing over in spite of the fact that you, among other folks on subcommittees asked for records and were denied access to them on how many countless occasions, how beout You've lost track of how many times they basically told you, you know, with a metaphorical verbal middle finger. And you know, Bran, it's not just the FBI, It's across all the agencies. You know, I was chairing the Pandemic Committee, and we want we go to HHS Health and Human Services. We want to see your documents concerning the decision on masks or school closures. Okay, and you know we're just trying to learn what'd you do, why'd you do it? What can we do better?
Speaker 9: In the few we're met with a lawyer and so we have to The process is you have to ask a few times and then you can subpoena them and then they send us stuff redacted. What an HHS needs to be redacted? Right? I get that, maybe for CIA documents and things like that protecting names.
Speaker 2: And maybe a medical study that they relied on in support of the mass requirements. Well, here's all the research that was done. These are you know, peer reviewed scientific studies. You don't redact that, you hand it over.
Speaker 9: It's open source stuff too that we're asking about. I mean, it's unbelievable that that needs to change. Only in the military is unethical, unlawful.
Speaker 4: That's amazing, isn't it?
Speaker 9: Isn't it?
Speaker 2: Maybe there would be some legislative accountability. Oh my god, the idea that they might hold themselves accountable through Now that will never happen.
Speaker 9: Well, you know what, Brown, we did that with PHISA reform. Remember PHISA was the court abused by the FBI to get warrants on carter Page. They didn't come forth with the exculpatory evidence. They they went to Carter Page in a foreign land and said, we can get you Hillary's emails from the Russians. He said, I can't do that. That would be treason. That should be end of story, right, and not only that, that was entrapman to begin with. But they don't go to the court and tell them. He said that they go and say things that allow them to get another warmant warrant that can't be done anymore. And if you do that, you're going to jail. So we did make some changes there. Yeah, but the flies of courts still exist. Let's a conversation for another day. I don't want to go down that road. My blood pressure will go through the roof.
Speaker 2: But we now find out cash Hotel said the Chinese Communist Party issued twenty thousand plus fake IDs for the purpose of influencing the election under Joe Biden. We also have the baseball game that you were at where that loan gunman and they concluded over the FBI that was suicide by cop, which was absolute nonsense.
Speaker 4: You knew that.
Speaker 2: I knew that because at the time no one even knew there were police officers present. It was fortuitous that the Capitol Police had a detail effort. Steve Scalice, you saved the man's life. Turns out he had a list of basically all the Republican congressmen and women on the field, and that had he wiped them all out, it truly would have been an overthrow of the government because there would be no representatives from the Republican side of the Ledger.
Speaker 9: I've made that point when they were doing the unlike January sixth. When they were doing the January sixth commission, I went to rules and I said, expand the commission to look at what happened at the baseball field. I said, that's an insurrection. Yeah, if Steve Sclice went there's no police, he kills twenty people, changing the balance of power in the House of Representatives. But all I wanted, what we wanted was the case file. Intelligence committee wanted the case file.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like you have security Clearicy. It wasn't in the York.
Speaker 4: Times asking for the case file.
Speaker 9: It was the Intelligence Committee, and they would not give it to us, would not give it to us, And finally cash Ptel gave it to us. We worked that issue. I still have an ig investigation taking place looking into the whole process, and by that that's when you start looking at people's emails and other things that you can find where maybe someone says, we can't say a Democrat did this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where you get to most maybe because.
Speaker 2: There's always the lingering question of why why won't you hand this information over? Moving back to your point on the whole COVID nineteen investigation, why did you have a mask mandate or the six or the ten foot standpoint stand apart six foot mandate. That's a simple question. The American people should be entitled to know the answer. Why did you reach that conclusion? But they're not telling you, which is where conspiracy theories easily pop up. And then of course we could pivot over to the Steele dossier and all the shenanigans behind the scenes going on with that and.
Speaker 9: Who was colluding with Russians.
Speaker 2: Christopher Steele. Christopher Steele, he wrote that with Russians at behest of the DNC, who paid for it?
Speaker 9: Brian I looked at the other side of the aisle, and I said, how did you all feel when you realized you paid for that? Dossier. Not one of them looked up. They kept their heads down. Not one of them looked up. I mean, we've look we're in a look. We got to take advantage of these next two years. We got people in place that can try and bring some accountability and hopefully establish some trust in the agencies at least while these people are there. But overall, our agencies need an overhaul. They need to be like the military. If you don't get promoted, you're out, and you are term limited. This should be a service you're serving the American people. It should be an honor to be in an agency, and the agencies should be subject matter experts, advising the country and advising Congress on path forward.
Speaker 2: But rather than that, they are experts on advancing their own particular party interest. Yes, which is where our lack of confidence and faith springs from, as evidenced by just a handful of things we tossed out among a much bigger pile of other what I'll call shenanigans by these various agencies. We'll continue with seasoned citizen names. Former Congressman Brad Weinster, after I mentioned foreign exchange, imported car traditionally imported manufactured car Asia Europe or Tesla's I don't think they're imported.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter. They'll fix them at Foreign Exchange.
Speaker 2: And you want to go to Foreign Exchange because they have a se certified master technicians with data access to your technical information including software upgrades everything, and you know from bumper to bumper, and they'll fix it, and you'll get a warranty, full warranty on parts and service, and you'll be treated wonderfully by the good people at Foreign Exchange. And the point is your bottom line, y'all won't pay as much. Hey, autobile repair, like everything is going through the roof, and you want to save some money, get into Foreign Exchange. I guess the Westchester location is one. I'm always recommending the Tylersville exit off of seventy five.
Speaker 4: Go east, just two.
Speaker 2: Streets, hang a right and you're there on Kingland Drive and you'll run right into the Foreign Exchange Service Center and you'd be glad you did.
Speaker 4: TOLLM.
Speaker 2: Brian said, Hi, when you get in there, and when you call them for an appointment five one, three, six, four, four, twenty six, twenty six, six four six, twenty six Online Foreign xporm theletterax dot Com fifty five KRC the talk station channel line says this go are you mostly Sunda day today with a high of eighty sixty clouds over night sixty eight to love ninety the height tomorrow with mostly Sunday sky seventy one overnight with a few clouds any hot Sunday ninety two degrees feeling like one hundred sixty seven out traffic time from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: Right now, over one hundred thousand people are waiting and hoping for an organ transplant to save their life. Sign up to be an organ donor or explore living donation at uce how dot common slaves Transplant problems continue East found seventy four The highways shut down just before you get to the two seventy five Coal Raine Split, backing up through Miami Town to the Whitewater Split of two seventy five, I found seventy five doing fine through Bakland. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KROO seed the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven forty Yeah, seven forty one to fifty five ker City Talk Stations Citizen and Private Citizen Brad Wins, You're a former congressman in studio talking about a variety of issues. And going back to and I think it's important that we spend a little bit more time talking about that the insurrection, the violent effort to overthrow the government and control of the government by the shoot the gunman on the baseball field back in twenty seventeen that injured Thievescalise had he and you pointed this out, like if this happened right now we were talking off air about this is some craze loon was able to take out five Republicans, then the balance of power and the Speaker of the House would flip over to Hakim Jeffries because you have to have special elections to substitute the now deceased congress person who's the victim of this effort. And it really does show you how precarious the situation is. You know, Hakeem Jeffries, the Speaker of the House does not reflect the will of the American people because they wanted Donald Trump and Republicans apparently to control the government. So you had mentioned at one point there was some proposed bipartisan solution to this, but apparently that's never gone anywhere, which is concerning so well.
Speaker 9: It was led by me and Derek Kilmer, who actually came to me with the concept of concern. He said, Brad, you know, after the baseball shooting, you might be a good person to, you know, share this with me and try and push the spearheaded if you will. And what we're trying to do is have a continuity of government. And as you said, and we set off the air, you want to maintain the will of the people with your representation in government.
Speaker 2: So Republicans and of course take away the incentive to try something like that.
Speaker 9: The incentive and you know I called the acts of the baseball field and insurrection. It was you you talk about, you know, trying to take over the government in some way, that that's a great way to do it. So are what our bill does or recommends, and it's open for debate. But we got to have something in place in my mind. In the world do we live in today, and especially after what you saw in Minnesota. Oh yeah, that should be another warning. But our bill says, when you get into Congress, you have five people's names that you put aside, and they are there, and the governor of your state needs to pick one of them. So they're your choices, and the governor picks them. So regardless the governor Republican or Democrat, picks one of the five that you chose, right, right, So you can't flip it to another party, right, you know, by different governors. So that that's the way we had it in place, and you only hold that seat until a special election has taken the place.
Speaker 4: That's the key.
Speaker 2: It's a temporary placeholder under the same political party until the people have the choice of who they won in that role exactly exactly and who could be against that conceptually, because this is not a Republican or Democrat reality. I mean, if the Democrats had control of the House and only five of them were you know, we're the majority, some crazy lunatic right winger could take out five of them much at the Democrat practice, right, yep, and then they would lose power. So you know this, this sounds like a no brainer and something it should have been in place on the I mean close on the heels of what happened that day, and yet oh probably didn't because the FBI determined that this was a suicide by cop, not someone who wanted to overthrow the control of the House.
Speaker 9: Way to put those two together, I like that, but it takes a constitutional amendment. That's oh, and how hard does somebody want to work on it? Well, we were willing to and but the Washington Post reached out and they did. He did a very fair article. He quoted me accurately and everything else, and commented on this just yesterday.
Speaker 2: So it should be an easy sell though, right right. I mean, you know, manding the Constitution is very complicated process. But when you're talking about something so politically neutral and so important, given the background circumstances and the fact that they'rebove for the grace of God, go you or I, depending on party. I don't know I would think this would be smooth sailing.
Speaker 9: I think there's too many people that want to bury their head in the sand about the realities that existed.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe cash Betel's releasing the information showing exactly what really happened, we might open people's eyes up to how close we were to having something like that happened. One more segment with Brad Weinser, but seven forty five right now with you about kc DE talk station. One more opportunity to mention a place of peace and calm and quiet reflection and prayer, and that's a gate of Heaven Catholic Cemetery. I'm not Catholic, but I know I'm welcome there because you know, if you are looking for a wonderful place to reflect, perhaps on life, or maybe want to meditate or enjoy a peaceful walk in their idyllic surroundings, you are in a great place for just that. The landscaping is beautiful, the gorgeous trees. It's a sanctuary. It's a place set up apart for prayer and healing and honoring the legacy of each life. So check them out online, learn more about it. You may choose that as your final resting place as well. That's what this is all about. Gate of Heaven dot org. That's Gate of Heaven dot org.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC that advanced industry channel.
Speaker 2: And weatherfulcasts got a sunny day today high have eighty six, few clouds and sixty eight overnight. Sunday Tomorrow ninety for the high, few clouds and seventy one overnight and a hot Sunday with a higher ninety two feeling like one hundred degrees and yes, sunny skies A sixty eight right now.
Speaker 4: Typer Traffick from.
Speaker 2: The UCLP Tramshings Center.
Speaker 11: Right now, over one hundred thousand people are waiting and hoping for an organ transplant to save them life. Sign up to be an organ donor or explore living donation at u see health dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash transplant.
Speaker 11: One problem on the highways this morning and east found seventy four shut down because of the wreck. Just before you got to seventy five at the coal ring split. You're banking up to the Whitewater split of two seventy five because of it. Shot King ramon fifty five k S the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven nine fifty five KRICD talk station. Before we continue up our last topic with private citizen, former Congress and Brede Winscher, let's caet ourselves a crime stopper, back Guy of the week, Officer Tivity Green from the sin Sei Police Department. Who are we looking for today? And welcome back and happy Friday.
Speaker 3: The morning we are looking for artists Findley. He has wanted for felony telecommunication harassment and misdemeanor domestic violence. Mister Finley sent threatening video messages to the victim. He has a previous conviction for telecommunication harangments. Artist Finley is a mel White. He's forty eight years old. He's sixty one and one hundred and eighty five pounds. Mister Finley has a history of aggravated menacing and obstructing official business and was last known to live on Woodbine Avenue in Heartwell, Brian. If anyone has information on where police can find Artists Sinley, please call crime Stoppers at five point three three five two thirty forty or submit a tip online at crime dash Stoppers do us. You can also go on to P three tips dot com to submit your anonymous tips.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a real jerk. Let's get this guy off the streets and in the hands of the Sincni Police Department. You'll be remain anonymous, You'll be eligible for a cash reward if your tip leaves to unrest and doing society a huge favor. God bless you, Tiffany Green and every member of the since Any Police Department for what you do each and every day to keep our community safe. You want to check out a picture of this guy, maybe help out, go to fifty five KRC dot com. Anyhow, Congressman Dealer's Choice, you said you had something you want to bring up in the last segment.
Speaker 4: We have here today.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think something very interesting. And there's a non classified version to the work that was done on this bipartisan commission. It's the National Security Commission on Emerging Biotechnology, and they have put out a booklet, but you can you can find them online and there's a version. And so being on the President's Intelligence Advisory Board and having a clearance, they said, and all the work that I have done in well biothreats more than just biotechnology. Would you want to come in and see what we have concluded? And there's so many positives. There's so many things that we can do. You talk about information storage, you can do that with DNA, and you can take what takes huge computers down to almost nothing. And what we can do and can continue to do actually in agriculture and gene based therapies. Now, from where I sit with Intelligence Committee and former soldier, you always worry about the nevarious actors, but in biotechnology itself, we have to be the leaders. We have to be the innovators. Otherwise we are going to be the under the thumb of China, who has made it very clear this is their number one priority. So there's positives can come out of this tremendously and we want to be the leaders on it, control our supply chains and do these types of things. You know, that's what's out there. That's a priority. But when it comes to other things too. You know, we talk about armed services, and it's one of the representatives who's on Armed services or services said to me, you know, we sit here when we talk about ships and planes and all this stuff. We've got to be engaged with this so that we can be the leaders in hypersonics and all these types of things that would actually help keep us safe.
Speaker 2: Okay, And that may one may argue also include the crazy craft the Chinese are doing with the Wu hunt instead of virology, tinking around with viruses. So I mean, we don't want them to tink around with viruses. I mean, the threat to humanity is too grave that we should even be involved with this.
Speaker 9: And yet you know what it apparently is going on everywhere. Yeah, I mean they're not saying and let's go do gain and function research. They're not, by the way, if you're trying to if you're trying to predict a potential virus, which is what the claims were made by Fauci Collins all those we're trying to predict what might happen in nature so that we're ready and have a vaccine for it. Oh yeah, but you might create a pandemic if it leaks. Ah, well, the benefits out weigh they risk, They don't, they don't. But you can do all this just by getting the data. Get the data of the viruses that are existing in nature and the components of it, and other components that are nearby that could create a greater pathogen. You could do it all with AI with probably with really good predictability.
Speaker 4: All right, here's here's that I observe. We have right now.
Speaker 2: Cancer, we have right now, Alzheimer's disease, and dementia. We have right now, a whole bunch of diseases like Luke Grigg's disease for which we have no cure. How about we deal with what we know and find these cures for the things that we know about and it actually exists in reality, as opposed to cooking them up in a pot and making something out of whole cloth and then deciding how we're going to cure it, find a cure for it.
Speaker 9: Well, the idea is there's room enough for all of that the crisper technology and things like that where you can change outcomes. I mean, if we're not doing it, they are, and they are more inclined to use it for nefarious reasons in some ways. But I remember going I don't know about that. I remember going to MIT a few years ago and they were showing us, like, you can reproduce the cells that make up a turtle shell. Okay, so why can't we use those living cells to create armor or to create the side of your car? You know, how can we modify it? Can we do these things? So all these things come from nature, So you're talking about plastics and other things. They can be grown rather than actually produce in the lab. It's just all very interesting. It's going that way, and there are good uses that will better serve mankind. That's where we want to focus. But we have to be leary of those that would have nefarious I mean I always say this, the Wright brothers never thought you would take this and fly into buildings and kill three thousand people. But we have to be on guard for that.
Speaker 4: I expect You're right, Brad webs Trip.
Speaker 2: It is always great having you in stadium Counda on these conversations face to face, and we've got a lot of ground that we covered this morning, and I really enjoyed the thoughtful exchange given the complex realities of what we're dealing with in this world. And I'll look forward to having you back in and best of health and love you and your whole family and enjoy the rest of your summer, my friends.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thanks you too, and thanks for the opportunity to come in. I love this face to face. Yeah, we have good conversation online and offline exactly.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I know the listeners missed out on the off mike stuff. We bring it in and yeah, well take care of yourself. I'll look for our next conversation because I'm certain there'll be more as long as you're willing to come in. You have a a place to uh to engage in this and we'll do it again real soon as Brad coming up, Josh, Judge Josh Berkowitz scorn to win in the Ohio Supreme Court clerk of course, just getting out of control. We'll talk with Judge Burkewitz after the top of the hour.
Speaker 5: News.
Speaker 2: Big things are happening.
Speaker 8: You're coming to you live right now.
Speaker 10: We'll tell you more at the top of the hour six and eighty arrest just in this one. Operation fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: In the market.
Speaker 10: Every day, every day happens here on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: A six fifty five aer see the talk station. A very happy Friday to you. Pivoting over from broader issues of national and global concern, Welcome back to the fifty five KRCE Morning Show. Hamilton County Administrative and presiding Judge from the Municipal Court, Judge Josh Berkowitz. It's great having you on, Judge, and congratulations on your victory that shouldn't have had to go through the process.
Speaker 4: We're going to talk about that right now.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks Brian, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Good morning, and I appreciate you giving me the heads up on this with the text the other day. We have a problem here with Hamilin County Clerk Court Pavon Peri. He decided unilaterally that he was going to pull certain records from the online access I suppose specifically records relating to eviction cases that were older than three years, but he didn't remove them. He would still be able to go to the Clerk's office in person to see these records. If I got that correctly, the setup for this litigation that ensued.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this was middle of twenty twenty two and he took I mean, this is tens of thousands of records that he just took off his website without any notice or authorization from the court. We actually learned of it from a Cincinnati Enquirer article. And if you looked at the website when you did this, you would have no idea that these records were missing, that they that they ever existed, and so, you know, this was a big concern for the judges we learned of it. First of all, you know, open records and public access to court records is a it's in Ohio's constitution.
Speaker 4: It's a big deal.
Speaker 1: It's a big responsibility of the court. And second, this obviously had a tremendous potential to mislead the public. Anybody who looked at that website would have no idea that these records weren't there, and so it was obviously misleading and our first response, of course, our reaction was to reach out to him to voice these concerns, to try to rectify the situation in a kind of you know, a reasonable manner. You know, look, this is a problem, we think it should be fixed. Here are our concerns. And you know, that went on for quite a while where we tried to resolve this this situation in a in a agreeable manner, and.
Speaker 5: It just it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: It was very clear that he was pretty dug.
Speaker 10: In on it.
Speaker 1: He viewed his office as having this authority to unilaterally determine what records should be available to the public online and what records shouldn't. And ultimately, in twenty twenty three, our court fourteen judges agreed and we ordered him to rescind this policy, to restore these records to public access, and he acknowledged receiving this order. He said he was going to confer with his staff or counsel or something like that, and he never complied. And so in January twenty twenty four, I became this position of administrative judge, and I felt like this was going in a bad direction. It was going to get expensive. You know, none of the judges were picking a fight. We did not. We were not looking to kind of have a public display of this conflict. And so I reached out to him personally and tried to set up a meeting, thinking there's you know, we've got to find a way to resolve this thing. And he refused to meet with me. He demanded that, or I should say, he wouldn't meet with me unless counsel was present, unless he had an attorney present on his behalf. And ordinarily the Hamilton County Prosecutor would represent the Clerk of Courts in litigation like this or in a civil dispute, right and ordinarily the Hamilton County Prosecutor would represent the court in a civil dispute. And so obviously the County prosecutor could not represent both parties, and so they couldn't represent either party. So what that meant was that private council, a taxpayer expense, had to be appointed to represent the clerk, and then they had to appoint private council to represent the court. And so that's what happened, and ultimately, you know, he never met with me. We never it never happened, and he never complied, and so we sent him a letter, this was March of twenty twenty four, and said, look, you haven't complied with this valid court order. You've got ten days to restore these records. Or you need to be able to show calluse why you shouldn't be held in contempt of court. Rather than comply with that, he filed this lawsuit, and he sued the judges of the municipal court, and earlier this week, the Higher Supreme Court unanimously ruled in our favor that he completely overreached. He had no such authority to unilaterally determine to remove these records from his website, and that we were that we were correct.
Speaker 2: Like I guess, the whole idea, the going back to him insisting that council be president. You asked to sit down and meet with him. You didn't really need lawyers there to have a civil discourse over the propriety of his actions and removing these records, did you.
Speaker 1: I certainly didn't think so. He's an attorney, you know, Clerk of course of court don't necessarily need to be attorneys, but he is. And I really felt like he and I could have a discussion and that we could reach some some resolution to this situation that did not involve litigation in court.
Speaker 2: Right like, for example, pulling out a copy of Ohio's Constitution which says these court records must be open to the public.
Speaker 1: That's right. I mean people, you know, open courts are part of Ohio's constitution from its founding, and that's also included, you know, not just and the Supreme Court noted this. The Court of Appeals that first ruled on this decision noted the same thing that you know, open courts doesn't just mean that people have a right to come to court. Of course they do. But you know, there's twelve million people or so in Ohio and lord knows how many one hundred thousand million cases in courts throughout Ohio. So open courts doesn't just mean that you can come to court. It means that you have access to court records and in the most accessible manner reasonably possible. And for the last thirty or forty years in this community, clerks of Court have touted their website that is easy, it's accessible that the public can use to see what happens in court. I mean, it's records are really really important. And that's how you know, that's how the public can keep tabs on their government. That's how you can determine what's going on in your community. That's how you can determine whether you're elected officials are effective, whether they're efficient, whether they're trustworthy stewards of tax money, and so, you know, records are really important. And on the same hand, or on the other hand, records aren't easy target. They're a favorite target of politicians in my opinion, who can use data and if you let them, they can manipulate records to advance just about and if any policy or agenda that they'd like.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's what he was trying to do in this particular case because apparently, according to the appellate court pleatings from the clerk accords, he did this to prevent certain members and this is in quote certain members of the public being primarily employers and landlords from potentially relying upon court documents and considering fulfilling employment, housing, and other potential opportunities to individuals.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's done all the time.
Speaker 2: It's like an actuarial analysis of your driving record and whether what your insurance premium should be rated at are you a good risk in terms of renting properties or employment. I mean, that's vital and critical information for the public to have. And the other layer on that is just because he removed them from the website didn't mean they weren't still available to all these different entities to go down and in person request them from the clerk. The problem is, as you pointed out, he didn't let anybody else know out there in the world who went to do a search that the records were not online yet they were still available for dates older than three years.
Speaker 1: That's right, And there was a lot of kind of moving goalposts there as to what he was trying to accomplish. At times it was, you know, I'm trying to help people who have prior evictions. They shouldn't be they shouldn't face difficulties because they had an eviction older than three years. And then in court that kind of evolved to this argument that, well, these records lead to misidentification, and he argued in the Court of Appeals that you know that names on court records could lead the misidentification and the denial of housing and or employment based on race or religion. And one of the things that the Court of Appeals noted and we argued, was that he never presented any evidence whatsoever.
Speaker 5: To court any of this.
Speaker 1: In fact, he never support he never presented an aggrieved party a litigant that asked for this remedy, nothing of the sort. This was all, you know, his policy, his belief that this was happening, and you know, really sadly, he seems to maintain this to this day, that he was in the right and that he was justified in doing.
Speaker 2: This in the face of a unanimous Supreme Court in the state of Ohio that is of mixed political philosophy as in backgrounds. That's right, well, it's an amazing display of arrogance, judge, it really is.
Speaker 1: One of the saddest aspects of it is of course, the taxpayers on the hook for the whole thing, and so far legal fees in this between this, in this case amount to more than eighty thousand dollars, and I think, you know that's that's a big deal, and it's disappointing. You know. Even in the statement that he that he that his office provided just the other day, again he maintains that he continues to double down, that he can decide that a certain aspect of the system is broken and therefore he can take this action as clerk of courts to manipulate records or to conceal records from the public, and what he ought to be doing right now in my opinion, is paying the taxpayer back. Pay the taxpayer back through the right thing. The taxpayer should not be on the hook for what is essentially this was a political stunt, and at great taxpayer expense. I mean, that's that's somebody's salary, that's that's a significant amount of money. And it's just disappointing that still there's no recognition that this was an error. It continues to double down, continues to kind of pretend that he was in the right, and it's very unfortunate that is.
Speaker 2: And as the Court of Appeals, I guess said, clerks, only the courts, not the clerks, have the authority way if when individual right to privacy outweighs the strong presumption of public access to court records. Now, there have been instances when the courts have denied public access online to certain public records. I think, like for example, divorce cases.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, there are many instances where courts are making that determination whether records should be sealed, whether they should be removed from online access. But as the Supreme Court noted and the Court of Appeals, that's a judicial determination and it's got to be based on evidence. It's got to be based on the record, and you know that happens in a variety of circumstances. Child victims, for example, juvenile course proceedings are often sealed from online access or in other form. So it's a judicial process that happens all the time. But it's got to be based on evidence. It's got to be based on this judicial determination, and that's just one of our responsibilities as judges throughout Ohio. And he just asserted this authority for himself as a clerk of courts, and no, nothing supported it whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Well, now to the extent he comes up with an actual jujudicial controversy, a specific case where someone who was misidentified by virtue of online access to the records or someone who claims individual harm that these records are available. Could this be re reviewed at a subsequent time to have a full determination along the lines what we're talking about, like, for example, the juvenile record should not be disclosed to the public for privacy reasons or whatever. So is this the end of it in terms of a discussion about the availability of these records or is this just put a nail on the coffin We're just not going down that road.
Speaker 1: Well, I think this puts an end to his assertion of this authority, clearly. But people have the right to request the stealing of records in a particular case, and that happens all the time, including in eviction cases. People can apply to have information removed from the website or case records removed from the website, and our municipal court holds these hearings all the time and they are frequently granted. This is not this was all a solution in search.
Speaker 2: Of a problem.
Speaker 4: Is the reality.
Speaker 1: We have those hearings all the time. Oftentimes such motions are granted without any objection, but there's got to be noticed to the parties. There's got to be a hearing, there's got to be evidence. And what he did was just a blanket removal of thousands of cases worth of records. And again, the bigger or a big part of the problem was anybody looking at that website for professional reasons or otherwise would have no idea if these records weren't there. So when he claimed, well, all you have to do is come down to the courthouse and look for them, how would you know that they were even there to look for yees?
Speaker 2: It sets the process back to the old days when that was the only way to search records, and certainly we don't live in those times anymore, and for a lot of reasons. Thankfully so, Judge Josh Berkowitz, a real pleasure having you on. Congratulations on the victory, even though it came at the expense of the Hamilton County taxpayers. A fight worth fighting and at least we get to talk about this demonstrable arrogance on the part of the Clerk of Courts. Thank you, sir for your time today and spending time with my listeners and me I'm talking about this extremely important issue. Judge Burkerwooz.
Speaker 1: Thanks Brian, I appreciate.
Speaker 2: It, my pleasure. Eight twenty two. Don't go away. We're gonna hear from the Sincinny Printing Type Museum. They got an event coming up this week. It's a cool place and the history of Cincinnati and connection with printing is just it's amazing. And again, props for my wife. I'm sorry my mom for seeing the Sinccena print Musum and tell me all about it. The return of Gary Walton coming up next.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Here is your Channeline first morning weather forecast. Sunny day to day. I have eighty six happy summer Friday night. Tonight a few clouds dry analog of sixty eight sunny day again Tomorrow I have ninety Saturday night. It's low of just seventy one with a few clowns, and on Sunday up to ninety two degrees, feeling more like one hundred sunny skies. It's seventy right now, it's time for traffic.
Speaker 11: From the UCT Tramping Center. Right now, over one hundred thousand people are waiting and hoping for an organ transplant to save their life. Sign up to be an organ donor or explorer living donation. You see how dot com slash transplant. He's found seventy four is crawling due to an accident before you got the two seventy five at the coal ring split. At one point the highway was shut down. Now the right two lanes are blocked and traffic is backing up pass drive for over a six mile back up. Chucking romon fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: A twenty nine to fifty five kr SE the talk station Happy Friday. Hope you have some good plans for the weekend, and I hope they involve indoor air conditioning activities given out how it is. I'm also so pleased to welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show from the Cincinnati Print and Type Museum, Gary Walton, Gary Goodie, have you back on the Morning Show. Glad to be here.
Speaker 4: I would also thank my mom.
Speaker 2: Who did a tour of the Sincine Print Museum and was the one that alerted to me of its existence and maybe something that I should already have known about, because as you played last time, you're on and you can remind my listeners about the history and how close Cincinnati is in the history of Cincinnati and it's connection with the print industry generally speaking.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we are truly the sleeping Giant. There are over three hundred printers in Cincinnati, and I know that for a fact because I have them on my mailing list and I send them our newsletter every year. And we are the twelfth largest printing center in the United States, which is huge when you realize there are two one hundred and thirty metropolitan areas in the United States and we're number twelve. So there's fifty cities that are bigger than we are, and we do more print, so Our model here is life revolves around print, and it truly does in Cincinnati, and you.
Speaker 2: Can tour the museum and we'll get some details on that. But also it's an education opportunity and a career opportunity to get in the print industry.
Speaker 13: Yes, so Tuesday the twenty fourth, and Wednesday the twenty fifth, and Saturday twenty eighth of this month, we are conducting a celebration of Gutenberg six hundred and twenty fifth birthday. It's totally free. It's an open house from ten am to three pm and people can come and actually print on our Gutenberg Press a copy of Genesis chapter one in Latin, and then you go in the back room and you print it again in English. So you leave with a Latin copy and an English copy of the exact image that Gutenberg actually created. And then while you're here, we're gonna talk about crew opportunities in print and about actually placing. If you want a job in print, we can help you set up and get that. But also we're doing a lot of training lately, especially with adults with disability. That's our new focus right now, which we're just having a blast with. And so when you come you'll actually get to meet a fad who has autism, and he will do a lot of the demonstrating on the presses for you, and you'll see how we're able to help this community find employment. And ninety five percent also disability or unemployed, and our goal is to change that, especially here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Oh that's fantastic. I had no idea you worked with folks struggling with disabilities. So I have a friend his son is a Ausburger's syndrome and the kid is, in spite of his autism, is really quite frankly, a brilliant, brilliant young man. Yes, and he is employed full time. And obviously there are opportunities. And the print is, as you mentioned, the Gutenberg press that has got to be So you're actually if I go there and one of my listeners goes there, they're actually going to operate that Gutenberg press themselves in printing the copy of the page of this Bible.
Speaker 13: Yes, I'm gonna, I am, my staff will system, but people actually ink it up, they'll pull the lever. Yeah, they'll actually do it themselves.
Speaker 4: Oh that's neat. And how old is is the Gutenberg press that you have.
Speaker 13: So so the original one is something like six years old, and that doesn't exist anymore. Ours was actually built in nineteen seventy one by a gentleman who was contracted by the Smithsonian to build one for them, and he had so much fun putting it together he built two more. So I have one now and then the Museum in Los Angeles as the second. Although he built three of them, and they're in the Smithsonian Los Angeles and now in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: So it's a rare thing to even see one in person, let alone operate it.
Speaker 13: We believe there's only in our research, there's only ten Gutenberg presses in the United States. So yes, this is definitely something to see, and we're becoming nationally known, an international not exaggerating. Yesterday a gentleman from Spain was here because you heard we had a press, and he got to print on the Gutenberg Press.
Speaker 1: And we've got people from all over.
Speaker 13: The country coming. Google is doing a fantastic job of advertising for us. When you put in letter press printing, we pop up on them as one of the first places to go, and.
Speaker 1: We broke broke a record. Last year. Over a thousand, three.
Speaker 13: Hundred people came to the museum, and a hundred of those were from other parts of the country, and I think this year will probably double that.
Speaker 2: Oh that's wonderful putting you on the map and keeping you in growing your presence, and putting Cincinnati on the map too. As far as the printing industry goes now, I think when I think of the of press, honestly, when we've talked, or before we talked last time, and before I became aware of modern press and what that means, you know, I had in mind. You know, the the the the newspaper presses, and you know how those run. You've seen them in movies a million times. And also Gutenberg Press and the type setters who put the little letters together in order to create the plate for the press. And that's all old school. When you were on last time, you talked about some of the modern printing that's going on. Give my listeners a little bit of insight and reminder about what that involves.
Speaker 13: So when you speak of printing, there are six different ways to put or tona powder onto paper, plastic, metal, or wood. So printing is not just paper anymore. It's everything. So when you look at your Mac computer, there is printing on your Mac computer. When you look at your watch, there's printing on your watch. When you go in the kitchen, your microwave, that whole panel was printed on a traditional press. So the industry is drastically changing, drastic growing. When I started in the seventies, I'll never forget, it was a gifts and greeting cards and we're running a press printing a fifty sheet of paper, fifty greeting cards on that paper, and we were going three five hundred copies an hour, which was fast.
Speaker 1: Today, I'll take you to that.
Speaker 13: A similar plant and same press now printing ten colors and running something ridiculous of twenty thousand copies or sheets of paper an hour. So the speed is just incredible. We are using artificial intelligence, so we actually have the machine actually has cameras that are looking at the color making adjustments that they need it. And so this is really helping us be extremely productive in producing quality props. And one of my goals is I want Cincinnati to be a leader in this new technology called printing electronics. We're actually printing circuit boards and antennas and all kinds of electronic devices because in the next ten years, every lectronic device was starting to pressure room because of the cost savings, huge cost savings.
Speaker 2: And that's honestly, that is one of the more fascinating elements about it. This is an evolving thing because again preconceived notions about what you know printing involves. You think, well, this is an industry that's going to go the way of the Dodo, But no, it just keeps getting bigger and the opportunities for printing, like those circuit boards, just keep getting bigger as well. So this is a career opportunity and you might want to check it out again June twenty fourth, and funny twenty fifth, and the twenty eighth as well.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, Saturday, ten am to three pm.
Speaker 2: What's the address of the since A Type in Print Museum, Because it's not just these events. You can go and visit at the times, and I'd like you to also provide the website. We'll have all this hooked up on my blog page fifty five Casey dot com.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we're located at twenty three seven West A Street. There is a gravel parking lot on the right side, but also you can park on the street. We are open to the public at anytime.
Speaker 4: We are free.
Speaker 13: When I started this museum nine years ago, I decided it was going to be free so that anybody of any level financially could come and not have.
Speaker 1: To worry about paying for a fee.
Speaker 13: Also, but I got to honest with you, it's a carrot to get you in, to convince you to go into print and make you ambassadors or our model, which is that your life revolves around print. You know, as you start looking at everything that's around you, most of you have for micro countertops, that's a pressure that we print it. You're putting this new flooring material into your kitchen, those are pressures that we print it and then laminate it to board. When you go into a typical Walmart or k marketplace, throw over three one hundred and fifty thousand packages that all has to be reproduced every thirty days because we consume those packages. So printing is just huge, and most people are totally ignorant that. And as like I say, we are the sleeping giant, and then he also I criticize ourselves. We are the reason why people don't know. And the museum is going to change that. It's definitely here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, Gary that's why I loved having you on the program last time, and why I'm glad you're back today because it is fascinating. It's much bigger than we ever knew about, and of course, being one of the capitals of printing in the world, and considering the size of the industry, career opportunities abound. Gary Walton from the Cincinnati Type and Print Museum, appreciate your time and what you do each and every day. If my listeners are interested, to check out the information of the blog page fifty five carecy dot com and make sure you stop in and take a visit.
Speaker 4: You certainly impress my mom.
Speaker 13: That's always why to impress them with mother always why well.
Speaker 4: Word of mouth.
Speaker 2: That's the way of getting things around, especially when she has a son who has access to well a listening audience. Gary, I'm happy to help you spread the Keep up the great work, my friend. I'm sure we'll have you back on the morning show down the road.
Speaker 7: Thank you, my friend.
Speaker 2: Have a great Friday.
Speaker 4: Thanks you too.
Speaker 2: It's a thirty nine and fifty five krs the talk station k nook Away coming up. Richard Simon's got a book unplug Going back to kind of making me think about Dave Hatter this morning. He's got some good ideas and a book that will be available at fifty five krs dot com.
Speaker 8: Right back fifty five KRC Steve Perrins coordinated.
Speaker 4: Hi's Brian Thomas.
Speaker 2: I'd like to welcome to the fifty five Carrasy Morning Show author Richard Simon. He directs the website strategy at Georgetown Law and Washington, d C. As a former reporter and webmaster at Baltimore's The Daily Record that he is now an author Unplug How to Break up with your Phone and reclaim your life. Conceptually, it sounds great, Richard, Welcome to the Morning Show. It sounds though very difficult in practice these days. Let's talk about what you did and of what I actually start by asking you what drew you to want to write this particular book.
Speaker 12: Yes, so the journey definitely starts with me as a thirty three year old father of two at the time in twenty nineteen, my smartphone was putting a strain on pretty much all facets of life, from professional to personal, and I knew I had to do something about it. So I decided to turn off my phone for an entire year, and it was one of the most transformative periods of my life. And what I realized is that pretty much all the self help articles out there and books suggest hacks. And although hacks are noble, like deleting social media apps, turning your phone to gray scale digital sabbaths, all those things are nice, but for something as addictive as a phone as a phone, it doesn't go far enough. So I ended up seeking out dozens of people who had gone through similar phone breakups, and believe it or not, I'm so glad Phone released it. I can be on a Cincinnati show because my book opens up with Nick Costianos when he was a Cincinnati read so I profile and interview him for the introduction because he turned off his smartphone, and just like me, it was incredibly transformative for him.
Speaker 2: Well, some people just stare constantly at their phones. And one of the things I do with a segment each week on the program Tech Friday with Dave Hatter, he and I are anti app. We don't do apps. All they are is data harvesters. YadA, YadA, YadA. I was able to live my entire life up till the time smartphones existed. I'm coming up on sixty years old. I never had an app, didn't need them, and I don't need them now. That's kind of my view and my take on it. But insofar as to having this smart phone, this is how we all generally communicate. So the idea of dealing without this, I don't even have a landline anymore. So what about people that it still needs to make a phone calls? I mean cutting it off completely seems literally impossible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely is not.
Speaker 12: I go through four different breakup styles in the book, and one of the things I realized for my dozens of interviews is that something like this is for everyone. I profile one call anesthesiologists at Johns Hopkins Hospital, one of the top research hospitals in the country, a law partner, a social media person, a software engineer, a school principle, all people who turn off their phones. Now, the one I think that will have four different breakup styles in the book, and the one that I think that will resonate most for your listeners is switching from a smartphone.
Speaker 4: To a basic phone.
Speaker 12: And when you switch to a basic phone, it touches on that piece you're talking about where you can still make calls and text, but essentially with the most basic of basic phones.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 12: And one of the biggest problems for people is the time suck with a smartphone. The average American spends more than five hours a day on a smartphone. It's time you simply don't get back. And with a basic phone, it's so terrible to use that you won't want to use it that much. So all of a sudden you regain time.
Speaker 2: Perfect idea. And see, that's basically what my smartphone is. It is an intentionally dumb phone because I don't use any of the apps on it. Now, how about you have an off by default recommendation as well, And this is something that I embrace. Every night, go to bed, my phone is off, and that's the way again, I live my life that way. Growing up, you know, you didn't have phone calls in the middle of the night, you didn't take them.
Speaker 4: If you did.
Speaker 2: My dad was got up early like I did, so he would insist the phones will be off, so I can handle that. If there's a phone message on, I'll listen to on a wake up in the morning.
Speaker 12: Brian, that is that is fantastic. Yeah, So the off by default approach I recommend sixty days, that at least sixty days of having your smartphone off to recalibrate the reward pathways in your brain. And with the off by default approach, for those sixty days, you would have your smartphone off and only turn it on to complete a critical task. Then after you finish those sixty days, you can alter the definition of off by default too. You only turn your smartphone on if you want to enhance your life. That way, you have control of your smartphone rather than it being control of you.
Speaker 2: What about relationships? I understand the toughest sell and you're going down this path of off by default or not or going cell phone free?
Speaker 4: Was your wife?
Speaker 12: That's correct. My wife is a pediatrician. Like any good pediatrician, she thought through all the various scenarios of what could go what could go wrong, and we realized that if I do this, we're really have to set expectations, especially with kids in terms of coordinating. But one of the things we realized right away was that on an average day, we would be texting throughout the day, so by the time we got home and had dinner together as a family, we knew what was going on, like there was nothing to catch up one because we were texting throughout the day. All of a sudden, a smartphone is removed from our environment and there's no texting throughout the day. So when we get back home together, we actually enjoy catching up with each other because there's stuff to catch up.
Speaker 2: One that's awesome. I understand you got a run, Richard Simon. It's been great talking to me this morning. Unplug How to break up with your phone and reclaim your life. It's on my blog page. People can easily get a copy of it. It's a great spending time with you today, Richard, Thanks for writing the book. Always putting a smile on my face. Joey Remote, not one hundred percent of the time, but there are places you can look to call it a wonderful world. It's always a wonderful world. Having a tech Friday's day, have had or on. Although the information this morning really quite alarming for those just tuning in or didn't get a chance to hear Dave. Of the three stories we talked about, two of them dealt with records exposed on the darknetweb and included among those alarm bells ringing sixteen billion with a B passwords out there, and we're talking about Apple, Google, and Facebook. So just because you use Apple, Google, and or Facebook, it doesn't mean your passwords is necessarily out in the dark net for sale, but it might be. So some really good, strong recommendations for how you can meet this challenge and avoid the problems down the road, password managers and two factor authentication among them. We're going to be delving into that, probably more down the road, because there were other opportunities to well prevent you from getting hacked or someone getting into your, say, bank account and stealing all your money from you red flag. So always an interesting segment with him. Congressman Brad Winster was in the studio for a full hour seven o'clock hour, and we of course did talk around Iran in Iraq, we talked about Cash Patel and all the documents that he's releasing and uncovering and revealing a very corrupt behind the scenes system that's going on out there, and that's got legs and you and I. Fortunately we'll get to no more given the Cash hotels shining the light on and providing documents that have been requested now for years and years. Judge Josh Burkewitz big Win in the Supreme Court one hundred percent unanimous verdict that the Hamilton County Clerk courts Hemilon Kunty Clerk or Corgeous is apparently mad and power hungry. He removed records that he had no authority to remove for his own politically motivated reasons and then stood in the way when he was told outright by the fourteen municipal court judges, dude, you can't do this, forcing us to go through litigation and for the Hamilton County taxpayers to ultimately be on the hook for the litigation costs on that coming in around eighty thousand dollars. Crazy sincey type in print museums Gary Walton, plus the information on the open house. Another story out of over the Rhine. It's a sad one. Joe brought this one my attention a few minutes ago and it's worthy read. No, there's no crime in over the Rhyne. We got another teenager dead. There's a shooting that happened overnight. Units of the Cincee Police Department, thirteen hundred block of Iron Street for report of his shooting at an apartment. Victim taken a nearby hospital where he died. Sixteen year old boy. Currently mystery about what led up to the shooting. Suspects fled the scene. Don't have anymation about the suspect yet. The investigation, of course, is ongoing. Poor young teenager sixteen years old shot in the chest. Yes, Joe, you're right, summer is just starting. Oh and by the way, the temperature is going to feel like one hundred on Sunday. Settle down, folks. Anyhow, I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Props and a sincere thanks to Joe Strecker for being the executive producer of the fifty five Cassy Morning Show. Without Joe, the show just would not go fifty five Cassy dot Com give you silf a copy of Unplugged wire at and how to Break up with your Phone and Reclaim your life. Probably a tough thing to do, but obviously, uh my guest Richard Simon was able to do it, and he's pretty damn happy about it. Folks. Great weekend to you, have fun, be careful, stay cool, and don't go weggmun Beck's coming up next from a full rundown and the Biggest ten lines just minutes away. At the top of the hour, I'm giving.
Speaker 1: You a fact.
Speaker 10: Now, the Americans shouldn't know fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 8: This report is spot