Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the idea is expressed. The following is a paid program. Wr's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. All right, it is summer time, right, People are ready for their vacations. School is out, People want to go away, go to the beach. Right. People is always getting ready for the beach. He said, Oh, let's get your beach body right. So they always work out right before, try and eat healthy, trying get their body in shape right because they want to go to the beach and look good. People sometimes unfortunately, care more about esthetics than health. Right, So you want to do it in a healthy way, right. You don't want to lose weight with ozembic, which is that diabetes medication. Which is interesting because with zempic you'll lose eighty percent muscle and only twenty percent fat. That's very dangerous, dangerous for your brain, your heart, your gut, your body, muscles, your bones. If you lose weight naturally through proper nutrition, exercise, intermittent festing, going to bed, early stress reduction, et cetera, et cetera, then you'll lose eighty percent fat and only twenty percent muscle when you do it the healthy way. But you gotta do it healthy way, right, So we're talking about our beach body, right, So what's the best way to lose weight? Number one is intermittent fasting, So only eat from ten am to six pm. When you eat at night, that's the worst thing. If you're trying to lose weight, it's the worst thing. If you're trying to doce anxiety, it's the worst thing. If you have difficulty sleeping, it's the worst thing. If you have low energy or fatigue, eating at night aggravates everything. So if you don't want to be fat, don't eat at night. You don't want to be tired, don't eat at night. If you want to get better sleep, don't eat at night. You want to reduce your anxiety, don't eat at night. Why eat at night? The reason we eat is for energy, for fuel. That's why we eat for energy. Why do you want to eat at night when you're trying to relax and go to bed. Just use logic. Don't do what everyone else does in America, have coffee for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, and a big dinner late at night. Do not follow the American way, or else you end up like a typical American, which is overweight, diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, heart disease, cancer, stress, anxiety, depression. That's a typical American. Don't be a typical American. Don't eat at night. You got to do intermittent fast thing from ten am to six pm. Another good way to lose weight is in all the white foods sugar, flour, rice, potatoes, milk, all the white foods, all the cereals, oatmeal, all the breads, the pastas, all the starches, those carbs. That's the only thing you did you would lose weight. So stay away from all those white foods. And when I say sugar, that includes juice, that includes lemonade, that includes iced tea, that includes your coffee with sugar and cream. It's not just you know, eating candy. It's not just eating bread and cereal and oatmeal and pasta and rice. It's important if you want to do s inflammation if you want to lose the weight, if you want to prevent diabetes, those sound like good thing too, right, So to lose weight, we want to do intermittent fasting. We want to stay away from the white foods. How are you going to get your fuel your nutrients. You gotta eat each color of the rainbow. Eating healthy is not complicated. Just eat each color of the rainbow. You won't need to take any supplements. People think they take these twenty supplements that's healthy. It's not healthy. If you were healthy, you wouldn't need twenty supplements. If you are healthy, you don't need anything. The best healthy bodies take the least supplements, the least medication, see the least doctors, the least testing. That's true health when you do it all on your own. Nobody's patrick packaging a pill for you. Vitamins don't make you healthy. There's a lot of health tips that are incorrect. They say fat is bad. No fat is good. We need fat. Fat is healthy and fat will not make you fat. If you're trying to lose weight, eat more fat. If you want to get rid of your fat, eat fat. M interesting. And when I say fat, I mean the healthy fat, not the fat of the meat, not the chicken fat, not the fat of your pork chops, not all that bacon fat. I'm talking about healthy fat, olives, very good, healthy fat. I'm not talking about butter. People think butter is healthy, not healthy. People think margarine is healthy, not healthy. People think milk is healthy. It's not healthy. People think yogurt is healthy. It's not healthy. People think oatmeal is healthy. If you're trying to lose weight and you're having yogurt and oatmeal every day, good luck with that. Let me have orange juice, oatmeal and yogurt. You will gain weight with that type of meal. So worst meal you could have, it's not healthy. Don't believe the lies you're told. Milk does not do a body good. It's highly inflammatory cause its digestive problems. Brain inflammation causes autoimmune disease, causes x amount, and skin problems causes lung congestion. That's how I got into health was my lungs were congested. I had chronic bronchitis. I had to take steroids and antibiotics, and this medication made me sick, so sick I was throwing up ten to twenty times a day. I was nauseous, it was overweight, at bed, acne, at fatigue, brain fog, and most of it was from the medication, not from the bronchitis itself. Sometimes the cure is worse than the condition. So my motivation to cure myself came from wanting to get off the medicine, not from actually curing the bronchitis, the coughing. I could deal with the side effects of the medication. I cannot. So I had to get off that medication because that was the solution. When you go to the medical doctor, the pediatrician, their solution is gonna be medicine. If you go to a medical doctor, they're training is medicine. If you want to do alternative type of treatments, don't go to a medical doctor. Don't go to medical doctor and ask them nutritional advice. Don't ask them about exercise, don't ask them about sleep and water and positive attitude and stress reduction. Now, if you want medicine, then you go to a medical doctor. It's not rocket science. So if you're looking at medicine, you go to a medical doctor. If you're looking to at surgery, you go to a surgeon. But if you want to avoid medicine and you want to avoid surgery, then you got to see a different type of doctor. When I had my two kids, we had midwives. Midwives are trained in natural births. Obgyns are trained in C sections. So I went to the practitioner that I wanted the final vote. I wanted a natural birth, so I used the midwife. It's not rocket science. If you don't want to use medicine, don't go to a medical doctor. If you don't want surgery, don't see a surgeon. Don't avoid that stuff. I see a functional doctor. So I practice functional neurology and functional medicine. Functional neurology is where we analyze the different areas of the brain and the nervous system and find which areas are functioning well and which areas are not functioning well. Then I can give you natural, integrative and therapeutic exercises to stimulate any of those weak areas through process called neuroplasticity. With functional medicine, what we could do is analyze blood work and see where the problems are. Is there a thyroid problem, Is there a nutritional deficiency? Is there dehydration? Is there some absorption? Problems you have low stomach acid, Is there an adrenal issue? Is there problems with oxygen and carbon dioxide? Is there you know, a power thyroid problem? Is there autoimmune disease? So we're got to figure out by doing thorough blood work and look at pattern summaries and not just what's high and what's low. You know, we got different scales with functional medicine because the scales when you go to the doctor are comparing you to all the people with cancer, heart disease, obesity, and diabetes. So when they say you're normal, you're normal compared to a sick American. And functional medicine we have a healthy scale, so we want to compare you to healthy people. Function neurology, I want to compare you to healthy people, not a typical American. And if you compare yourself to healthy people and change your scale, then you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss Boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength. By following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audio, join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six' one two one five, zero or email info At, kaplan brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with Doctor, caplan or visit kaplandc dot com for more.
Speaker 2: Information function, better feel, better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric kaplan and you're listening to boost to brain. Power. Now another way to lose weight in a healthy way is to drink the proper amount of. Water got to be. Hydrated. Now the proper amount of water equals half your body weight. Announces so if you weigh a hundred and forty, pounds you need to drink seventy ounces of water a. Day if you weigh two hundred, pounds you have to drink one hundred ounces of. Water so it's not about how many glasses you drink it's how many ounces compare to how much you, wet because everybody is. Different the bigger you, are the more water you. Need your brain needs. Hydration think about the brain like a. Grape when a grape gets, dehydrated it shriveles up to a. Raisin when your brain is, dehydrated it dribles. Up it's called serapeler atrophy and cerebral. Atrophy your brain becomes. Weak your brain is like a. Muscle you use it or you lose. It you gotta strengthen. It you gotta give it the fuel. Delivery eating each color of the. Rainbow you have to give it the water. Delivery drink half your body weight in. Ounces when you drink, water make sure you add salt gets. Absorbed most people drink these plastic water. Bottles they're not even absorbing. It they're just peeing it. OUT i, say, oh can't drink too much water BECAUSE i pee it. Out it's because you're not absorbing. It it's not that you drink so much, water it's that you don't absorb the. Water so start putting. Salt celtic salt is the, Best just a. Pinch you don't need a, lot but it will mineralize your. Water you'll get your, electrolytes you'll get your. Hydration you won't just pee it, out you'll absorb. It, also the best way for water absorption is to drink on an empty stomach first thing in the. Morning don't wait till your meal to drink. Water that's the worst thing because that means you're not gonna absorb your water and you're not gonna digest your food. Properly so for proper, digestion if you HAVE, IBS, lci rate of, Colitis crone's, Disease Silly act, disease acid, refux, bloating, constipation, cramping, NAUSEA i don't care what it, is start drinking water this way and it will. Improve you gotta do it for twenty one straight days, though for it to change those. Systems and this is how you drink the water on an empty. Stomach so first thing in the, morning right when you get, up some warm waterscre some, lemon get your, salt two glasses right. Away then a half hour before. Breakfast so if you're doing intermittent, fasting which will also improve your brain function and help you lose, weight you're gonna start eating breakfast at ten, Am so that means you have to drink water again at nine. Thirty so let's say you get up at you, know six point, thirty two glasses, water then another glass half hour before breakfast at nine. Thirty let's say you eat lunch at one another glass at twelve. Thirty let's see you eat dinner at five, thirty one glass at five, pm and then you have one more glass at. Night that's all your. Water first thing in the, morning half hour before, launch half hour before, dinner half hour before, breakfast and one time at. Night do the math of how many ounces each glass will be because you have to drink halfier bodyweight in, ounces and salt goes in every single. Glass, now you don't necessarily put salt on, food especially if you have high blood, pressure, hypertension history of heart, attack, stroke or even Dizziness minear's. Disease you want to stay away from salt on your. Food in the, water it helps with the. Absorption now you're gonna drink half your bodyweight in, Ounces you're gonna drink on an empty. Stomach you're gonna add the salt for the. Absorption, also don't drink in plastic water. Bottles drinking glass or stainless. Steel the plastic water bottles leach into the. Plastic microtoxins leak into the water and cause. Problems they're actually endocrine. Disruptors there also cause. Inflammation they can aggravate autoimmune. Disease so don't store your food in, plastics don't drink out of plastic water, bove don't microwave food and plastic. Containers oh, dear that is. Scary that's one of the worst inventions. Ever this microwave. Oven you, know if you microwave water and then try and water plant with, that that plant will. Die microwave actually kills, water kills all your nutrients and your. Food just get a toaster. Oven it heats up, quickly it's about the same amount of. Time and then you put you, know you heat it up in glass or stainless, steel not. Plastic and you can't put plastic in a toast buton, Anyway so never use plastic. Containers throw that all. Out put everything in glass and stainless. Steel it will last longer. Too so when you get your organic strawberries of the, supermarket get it out of that plastic. Container wash off all the. Chemicals the, plastics the, pesticize the. Herbicize even if it's, organic you gotta put it in a big bowl with some, vinegar some baking soda that'll kind of take off all the. Chemicals then store it in. Glass strawberries will last, forever not, forever but, probably you, know at least a week or two. Longer, yeah they can mold, quickly especially in the. Plastic there's lots of food that. Molds one of the most molding foods is. Rice so never eat leftover. Rice make sure you only eat it. Fresh if you want to lose, weight get rid of. Rice have cauliflower rice much. Better get rid of a, pasta have spaghetti, squash get rid of on. Noodles have zucchini noodles all. Right if you want to lose, way get rid of those. Carbs don't eat mashed. Potatoes eat mash peas or mash, carrots all. Right but rice in itself. Molds not only is it gonna cause you to gain, weight cause brain, inflammation it's gonna cause mold. EXPOSURE o. Scary another food that molds is. Onions if you cut up onions and then put it in the refrigerator and try and save it for. Tomorrow it's gonna be mold that grows on. It you're not gonna see, it but there's gonna be mold that grows on your. Onions same thing with. Garlic only eat fresh. Garlic only eat fresh. Onions don't cut them up and eat your, leftovers not unless you want. Mold, Right so we gotta avoid. That, Okay so water has to be in. Glass very, important all, Right so make sure you drink half your body weight in. Ounces. Now if you work, out you need some more. Water if you're on your, period you need some more. Water if it's you, know a heat wave and you're sweating a, lot you need some more. Water if you threw, up you need more. Water if you drink, coffee it's a diuretic dehydrate, you you have to drink more. Water if you drink alcohol that dehydrates, you you gotta drink more. Water every glass of, alcohol you need a glass of water to. Counteract gotta drink that. Water don't let your brain shrivel up like a. Raisin don't let that atrophy. Occur and guess what All, also the water helps with, Digestion it lubricates your intestinal, lining it prevents you from. Overeating so it fixes the brain and it helps you to lose. Weight so drink that water if you, want you should get a filtration system for your house or home or. Apartment you can get reverse. Osmosis have a water guy that can do it for pretty cheap compared to most. Companies his high. Quality trust. Him everyone that my clients and patients and have used him have loved. Him so if you want to get one of those high duty, ones you, know you could do it under the, sink you could do the whole. House you can do the. SHOWER i recommend. It we need, that and then you can add the minerals to. It all, Right so what is very important and you want to even you, know filter the water that you shower with because it can get through your. SKIN a lot of stuff gets through your. Skin if you touch aluminum, foil that gets through your. Skin don't touch. Aluminum don't use aluminum Causes alzheimer's, disease causes. Cancer stay away from aluminum, foil aluminum, pans aluminum, cans aluminum, deodorant aluminiums in, medicine it's in the, air it's in the, water aluminums everywhere you have to avoid. It they use it in the vaccines. Too they used to use. Mercury you know. What the reasons they use this stuff is mercury and it's, aluminum is to actually trigger your immune, system to get your immune system to fight the disease that they're putting in your, body just like to trigger your immune. System and and we wonder why kids get these autoimmune diseases so. Much the more vaccines you, get the more autoimmune disease has. Occurred so we have autoimmune disease such as chogrins silliac, disease multiple, SCLEROSIS, ibs, Fibromyalgia hashimoto's thyroid, Diitis graves, disease, lupis, psoriasis, exema rheumatoid. Arthritis these are all autoimmune. Disease when you have autoimmune, disease it's very important to avoid these six foods dairy, grains, corn, soy, coffee and. Alcohol and then you also have to work on your autonomic nervous system because people with autoimmune, disease their brain's on. Fire lot of, times they'll get anxiety troubles with sleeve digestive. Problems it's got to calm down their, brain calm down their immune, system and don't add any toxic, chemicals don't add any toxic, foods don't add any toxic environmental factors that are going to trigger a response of the autoimmune, disease which is going to attack your own. Body and it could be your, brain it could be your, thyroid it could be your, gut your. Skin so autoimmune. Disease if you have a thyroid autoimmune, disease don't think it just stays in your. Thyroid it goes all over your. Body if you have one autoimmune, disease you got them. All it's your body attacking itself and never just gonna stay at one. Organ so avoid those six foods to reverse autoimmune disease so you function, better feel, better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain.
Speaker 3: Power if you want to improve your brain, function help with, memory, focus, sleep, digestion energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches brain, fog weight, loss or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future. Diseases that this is the show for. You don't mis boost your brain power with Doctor Eric caplan and you will learn, natural integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such As, Alzheimer's parkinson's, stroke, autism add, concussion autoimmune, diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines four posture, PAIN, tbi skin and digestive. Problems Doctor kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health, conditions rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky. Surgeries to contact The Doctor, caplin you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot.
Speaker 2: Com function, better feel better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric, kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. NOW a good way to boost your brain power and lose weight at the same time is through. Exercise physical. Exercise you must. Exercise you have to move your. Body you move it or you lose. It and the more you move your, body the more circulation you, get the better your brain. Functions AND i don't care what condition you, have, anxiety, depression, headaches, Dizziness alzheimer's, disease, diabetes heart, disease, STROKE. Ms you need to. Exercise you gotta move your. Body now with something like, concussion and we see tons of patients with concussion traumatic brain. Injury, yeah we got to take it. Slowly we don't want to exercise too much too. Quickly is that it's too much for the brain to. Handle so it's an. Art you don't want to overdo, it but you don't want to underdo. It you. Know one of the worst advice is we get as patience when you get a concussion is to just, rest don't do anything. Wrong that's a big lie because when you rest and do, nothing you don't get any blood flow and oxygen to the. Brain, now, yes don't go out and run a. Marathon that's not going to be good, Either but we have. To we have to move the, brain AND i move the body AND i get more, blood more oxygen to exercise the. Brain use it or you lose. It so if you just rest and lie in, bed your brain's gonna come weaker and. Weaker. Right think of the brain like a. Muscle, right if you just rest a muscle and never exercise, it is it going to ever get. Stronger, no you have to exercise. It but, yeah you can't go doing you know fifty pounds bicep rolls right. Away you start off with five, pounds and then you go to, ten and then you go to twenty, thirty, forty and then you build up to. It same thing with the. Brain maybe do a little eye, exercise then a little balance, exercise and a little memory, exercise a little cognitive, exercise and combine different. Things so that's why you do my office as a. Functionalrologist it's called. Neuroplasticity actually strengthen the. Brain can actually do brain. Exercises just like you can go to the, gym just like you could play a, sport you could do brain. Exercises nobody teaches you, that. Right they teach you to brush your teeth every, day but has anyone ever taught you to do brain exercise every? Day and if you want to Prevent alzheimer's, dementia the number one thing you gotta do is new, things. Novelty you gotta challenge your, brain you gotta get, uncomfortable you gotta do things that you've never done. Before that's gonna make your brain. Stronger so not only exercise your, body but exercise your. Brain, right we want to get that beach. Body let's get that beach. Brain you got to exercise the. Brain, now how do you know which area is to. Exercise that's where we come, in analyze the, brain figure out where your weakness, is and then teach you which exercises you need to do with a process called, neuroplasticity so you could rewire the brain and strength in those weak. Areas if it's not, broke we don't fix. It but you're only as strong as your weakest. Link you gotta do brain. Exercise just like you got to go to the gym and do physical, exercise you gotta do brain. Exercise what exercise you got to do with the, Gym you gotta do a, combination something. Aerobic you know where you're running, sweating your heart's beating. Fast maybe it's the, bike maybe it's the, treadmill maybe it's the, StairMaster maybe it's the. Elliptical but you gotta go fast where your heart starts. Beeding the best way to exercise is CALLED hit high intensity interval. Training so you go really fast and then you go very relaxed slow. Walk then you go really fast, again then you take it a little bit, easy then you go really fast, again then you take it. Easy that works amazing for the brain and the. Body go really hard and then go, easy go really, hard and then easy really, fast and then slow, fast slow, fast, slow over and over and over. Again gotta get, sweaty gotta get your heart. Beating you don'tant to just be walking on the. Treadmill you, know scrolling On. Facebook that doesn't count when you're in the. Gym be in the. Gym don't be On, facebook don't be text, messaging don't be talking to your, friend don't be scrolling through social, media watching YouTube, videos watching the new. News be in gym. Mode whatever it. Takes put on that rocky music to get you. Motivated but be in gym. Mode when you're at, work being work. Mode when you're at, gym be At jim. Mode when you're brushing your, teeth being brushing your teeth mode when you're eating dinner with the, family being eating dinner with the. Family when you're at date, night be in date. Mode do one thing at a. Time you don't want to be on a, date watching the, news going Through, facebook texting your. Friend, no that's not. Good one thing at a, time one thing at a. Time that's very good for your. Brain it's practicing. Mindfulness you, know when you're, eating look at the, Food smell the, food touch the, Food taste the food two thirty five. Times enjoy. It enjoy it the gym. Experience feel those muscles, Move feel your heart, beating feel that blood flow, circulating feel your lungs breathing. Hard feel yourself getting. Stronger the bone is getting, stronger muscles getting. Bigger your, posture improving your, balance improving your, flexibility your range of, motion your. Strength be in gym mode when you're at. Work be focused at. Work be the best worker. EVER i don't care what you. Do if you sweep the, steps focus on being the best sweeper. Ever you answer the, phones answer those phones the best. Ever you're a, lawyer be the best lawyer. Ever you're a, teacher be the best teacher. Ever you're a, doctor the best doctor. Ever give your patience the attention they. Deserve you got to be one hundred percent at. Work very. Important it'll change your, life all. Right so now find exercises that you like to. Do, Right, so if you don't like going to the, gym maybe find a sport. Play pick a ball or tennis or basketball or. Soccer pick something that gets your body. Moving maybe it's a dance. Class maybe you could do belly dancing or line, dancing or hip hop, dancing or pole dancing or ballet. DANCING i don't care what it. Is take sauca, lessons tango, lessons. Merengue just move your. Body maybe do like an exercise class like a, zomba or do like one of those specialty groups Like Orange theory Or, CrossFit or do some at home videos like you KNOW p NINETY x Or. Insanity just go on, YouTube do some taichi or yoga or. Pilates just find something bar, class cycle. CLASS i don't care what it, is but you gotta find something that you, like because if you like, it you're gonna do. It but if it's something like it's a, chore it's an errand you don't want to do, it you're gonna press that snooze alarm and you're not gonna get. Up maybe it's. Hiking maybe it's wall. Climbing maybe it's, biking if you do it outside in, nature in the the, sun with the. Oxygen maybe even social with other. People join a biking, group a rollerblading. GROUP i don't. Care just do something that's fun and. Active and if you're, biking you can do that same principle with the. Hip bike really fast as fast as you, can and then casually, bike and then bike really, fast and then casually. Bike it doesn't matter what you. Do do that high intensity interval, training and the worst thing for the, brain the worst thing for the body is the seventary. Lifestyle stop. Sitting sitting is the new. Smoking get off your, butt never sit for more than twenty. Minutes it's called the twenty. Rule every twenty, minutes you get out for twenty, seconds and you move your. Body walk twenty, feet do twenty push, ups twenty sit, ups twenty, squats twenty, lunges twenty sitting to, standing twenty it shoulder, rolls twenty jumping. JACKS i don't care what it, is but move your. Body and then also look twenty feet. Away you're always looking at those, screens the, iPad the, computer or the cell. Phone you gotta look far, away look into the, distance look out the. Window that's the twenty. Rule you gotta set an alarm because you're not gonna remember to get. Up every twenty minutes goes by. Quick it's every twenty minutes you get up for twenty, seconds walk twenty, feet look twenty, feet and then go back to. Work all, Right maybe just get up a, glass get a glass of, water get up the, bathroom wash your face with some cold. Water you'll be more, productive more. Energy you'll feel, better you'll function, better you'll perform batter more, creativity more, productivity more workplace. Happiness you'll call out of work. Less it's a no. Brainer that's the twenty. Rule AND i don't care what you're doing at home. Too you're sitting on the couch Watching. Netflix you get up every twenty. Minutes you're watching THE Nba, Finals you get up every twenty. Minutes you're watching the, News get up every twenty. Minutes you're writing your, book get up every twenty. Minutes you're checking, Emails get up every twenty. Minutes you're reading a, Book get up every twenty. MINUTES i don't care what it. Is you Know i'm going on a plane. TOMORROW i always get the. AISLE i get up every twenty, minutes go to the. Bathroom you, KNOW i just tell, Them, Hey i'm gonna go to the bathroom a. Lot let them know SO i don't Think i'm creepy or anything like, that all, right but you gotta get up every twenty. Minutes always get the aisle, seat no matter where you, are because if you get up every twenty, minutes you'll function, better feel, better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric, kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain.
Speaker 3: Power juke Miss boost your brain power with Doctor Eric kamplin Every saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain. Function you can improve, memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism and strength by following the science and research that Doctor caplan will be sharing with his. Audience join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same. Time listen to boost your brain. Power if you want to function, better feel, better and enjoy the quality of life you. Deserve called two oh one two six' one two one five zero or email Info at kaplanbrainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation With, doctor caplan or visit kaplindc dot com for.
Speaker 2: More information, function better, feel better and live a. Better life this Is Doctor eric caplan and you're listening to boost your. Brain, power now one of the most underlooked ways to lose weight and to function at a higher level is to reduce your. Cortisol levels cortisol is the, stress hormone and when you have high, cortisol levels you deposit belly fat and it's very hard to get off even if, you exercise. Eat healthy if you're in, stress mode you're gonna still have this belly. Fat there and people get this who, have anxiety who have like post traumatic, stress syndrome who have, you know they worry, a lot they get, panic attacks get angry, Or aggressive you're gonna have what's called an increase in your sympathetic. Nervous system it's called the fighter. Flight mode so instead of being, a, relaxed calm rest, and digestate you're in this fight or. Flight mode we get a lot of patients, with that and it comes from. Some trauma and it might be the mom was anxiety driven while she. Was pregnant if the mom's worried as stress anxiety while, she's pregnant then the kids already born. Like that or let's say the birth process. Was abnormal there, was oh they popped the water that's gonna. Be, stressful oh they give you medication to, induce labor that's gonna. Be stressful the cord was wrapped around. My neck, of course. That's stressful oh they DID a, c section. Super stressful it's the first experience in their life that. Is traumatic that child is gonna be born in. Stress mode so if mom is anxious when, she's pregnant kids born in. Stress mode if the birth process was stressful and there was any, medication epidural, you know they pop, the water they. Do labor they DID a. C section that's. Stressful, situation now let's.
Speaker 4: Say they had a problem, growing up they fell off the bed and hit. Their head let's say they got injured, playing sports they fell down.
Speaker 2: The stairs, you know mom dropped you. By accident, you know you could have a baby injury and could be basically your whole life in. Stress mode then we, get older you get to a concussion, from sports or you could get, you know. Sexually abused you can get, physically abused. Verbally abused you can get into a, car accident you get a traatic. Brain injury, you know there's lots. Of trauma there could be marriage could. Be traumatic. You know, you know you could lose a loved one early in. Her life that could. Be traumatic, you know you go to war that could, be traumatic big accident that could. Be traumatic, Some disease so there's lots of, different traumas and then people get stuck in this fight or. Flight mode. YOU know covid. That's traumatic we had a whole generation now of traumatized kids. And Adults and i've never seen so much anxiety in my PRACTICE like i have the last. Five years and it's induced by our own government and our, own media social media and mainstream media that put this. Fear MODE as i was never SCARED. OF covid i never watched. THE news i just know my immune system. WAS strong i never got SCARED once i was going. TO die i never got SCARED once i was gonna get sick because my immune system. Is strong but if you turn on, the, news yeah you're gonna be putting. Fear mode stop watching. The news what's, The, news oh we're Going To world. WAR three i don't watch. THE news i didn't know anything someone told, me today you know about what's going on In The, MIDDLE east i didn't know anything. About IT that i don't want to, hear, IT right i can't control that Right if i'm going, YOU know i have a Friend. From israel she's going, to, fight right so she's gonna do something. About it i'm not Going to israel. TO fight i don't want to hear. About IT and i want to hear about all. The racism i'm. NOT racist i don't want to hear about everyone else. Who's racist i'm not gonna hang out with. Racist people i'm gonna hang around. Good people so WHY don't i gonna watch all this stuff in. The, news uh you're a. White supremacist i'm not gonna hang out with a. WHITE supremacist i don't need to watch. THE news i don't need to know about the Fires in Hawaii. AND california i don't need to know about the Hurricanes In new Orleans. AND florida i don't need to know about the person that was shot In, the bronx person that got killed in. THE subway i don't need to know about all, the robberies all, the murders all, the fires all, the earthquakes, the tornadoes, the hurricanes. THE tsunamis i don't want to hear about. THE inflation i don't want to hear about the, police corruption the, political corruption.
Speaker 5: The stealing, the thievery. THE dishonesty i don't want to. Hear it now if the news said, Something, positive hey this is how we can. Improve, health hey this is how we can. Improve, happiness hey these are cool events. That, happen hey look at all these lovey. Dove, people hey look at all these fun parties that people.
Speaker 2: Are, having nope that's not. The news it's all doom. And gloom it's not. About happiness it's nothing. About fun it's not. About health it's all about. Death destruction that's not. The news that's not the. Real world most of the world it's actually functioning at a. High level most of, the world it's not. At war most of the world. Has love most of the world does not. Have hate but you turn on, the news you go on, social media and it seems like everyone hates. Each other BUT when i go and hang out with, my friends nobody hates. Each other everyone's nice to live in. Your bubble be around, good people because if you're around, negative people you. Become negative if you're around, unhealthy people you. Become unhealthy if you're around, mean people you. Become mean, MY children i don't want them to hang out with bullies because they'll become. A bully they hang out with, mean kids they're gonna. BECOME mean i want them hanging out with, fun kids, nice kids kids that are. Playing sports, you know one of my kids is going to. HIGH school i don't want them hanging out with the crowd that's drinking and drugging and bullying and beating people up and making fun of, each other, skipping. Class cheating he hangs around, those people that's what he's. Gonna become so you are who you hang. Around with so if you want to, be healthy hang around with. Healthy people so when you, start exercising you're gonna meet a. New crew hang out with people. THAT exercise i have friends that, play basketball we all play. Basketball together friends that, play tennis we play. Tennis together friends that, play soccer we. PLAY soccer i have friends that go to. The gym we go to the. Gym together friends that Go to, orange there we go to range there together that. Go hiking we go hiking and biking. And biking so you find a crowd that does the activities that, you like that, are active then it's, not exercising then you're just. Having, fun now how do you know which areas of the bring you need to? Work, on well the best test is called A q eeg, brain mapping and it measures, your, alpha, beta theta and delta. Brain ways and it's gonna, Tell, us hey do you have? Anxiety depression do you have heavy, metal poisoning? A concussion do you have a pathogen like a virus. Or bacteria do you have a thyroid problem in? Testinal inflammation do you have, balance problems, hearing problems. Visual problems have you had a past history of traumatic? Brain injury do you have, low dopamine? Low acetylcholine do you have, intestinal inflammation? Brain inflammation do? You worry do you? Have anger do you have troubles, with, motivation, organization. Reading planning it literally breaks down every area of. The brain it's, non invasive there's, no radiation there's no, contrast fluid there's. No tube it takes less than twenty minutes. To do it's a great test that tells us a lot of. Valuable information it's CALLED a qEEG. Brain mapping it's normally six, hundred dollars but for the first seven people to call text. Or email you could get this test for only twenty. One dollars the number to call is six four six two two one sixty seven. Three eight you can text that number, as well or you can email Info at kaplombrain and body. Dot, com now another test that we're gonna give as a gift is CALLED a vng OR a vog, video oculography and it measures your eye movements when they go right and left and up and down and fast and slow and light and dark and with. Head movements and based on that we could tell, you know if there's any balances of the left in the. Right brain and when people haven't balances of the left and, right brain, oh boy that could be A, D, d, adhd, Dyslexia, autism turette's could be, DEVELOPMENTAL, delays uh, PROPIOCEPTIVE, problems uh, SENSORY, disorders uh, Developmental delays, ASPERGER'S DISEASE, uh savant a lot of. Different things but it's like the left and the right brain, are disconnected and people with, memory problems, focused problems, attention problems getting distracted problems can have this disconnect between the left and the. Right brain SO the vng picks up. This test it's also going to pick up which areas, are overactive which caused like insomnia and anxiety and anger and aggression and worry and heart palpitations and the mind's raising a million miles an HOUR and adhd and getting distracted and, can't focus and, you know all these different things. Going, on, overactivity, worry, anxiety stress it's that cortisol we're. Talking about going to bring down. That CORTISOL the vg picks. This up it also picks up which areas are, underactive, depression fatigue, low motivation, you know, can't think. Brain FOG the vng picks this up and we'll find out is that the right side is the, left side so that we can counter our care towards. That, side specifically it's very important with functionalurology and neuroplasticity to. Be specific SO this vng test is also normally six, hundred dollars but for the first seven people, to call text or email you could get this test as well for only twenty. One dollars the number to call a text six four six two two one sixty seven, three eight or you can email Info at kaplombrain and body. Dot com and the last gift that we're gonna give you is a one on one with me where we go OVER, the vng we go OVER, the qEEG, brain mapping we go over your past, BLOOD work MRIs, cat scans anything that. You, Have plus i'm gonna listen to, your lungs, your heart. Your gut you gonna check out, your balance. Your coordination i'm gonna check, your memory see if you're prone To. Dementia alzheimer's gonna check, your posture, your alignment, your breathing, your circulation your, blood flow your. Oxygen level is a full forty five minute neurological and physical evaluation normally six, hundred dollars but for the first seven people, to call text or email you could get that test for only twenty, one dollars and if, you want you could do. All three just say all three tests twenty one dollars each from the. Radio show the number again six four six two two one six seven. Three eight the email is info at kaplanbrainobody. Dot com for, more information go to our website kaplindc. Dot com you can get My book Boost Your, brain Power a guide for improving your memory. And focus get That. On amazon just put brain power as One word you can follow us on Social, Media Facebook caplin Brain. And body we have YouTube Videos caplin Brain. And body i'm on TikTok At Doctor. Eric kaplan We're on Instagram At kaplan brainbody and you can listen to these past shows on. The archives go on the website or go on. The app can listen to all my. Old shows this Is Doctor. Eric caplan you're listening to boost your brain power so you, function better, feel better and live a. Better life this Is Doctor eric caplan and we'll see you.
Speaker 3: Next week if you want to improve your, brain function help, with, memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision headaches, brain fog, weight loss or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent. Future diseases that this is the show. For you don't misboost your brain power With Doctor eric caplan and you will, learn natural integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems Such, As alzheimer's, parkinson's, stroke autism, add concussion, autoimmune, diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo migraines four, POSTURE, pain tbi skin and. Digestive Problems doctor kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and, health conditions rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and. Risky surgeries to Contact, doctor kaplin you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one, five zero or visit his website at kaplandc. Dot com the preceding was a. Paid program war's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the. Ideas expressed the preceding was a.
Speaker 1: Paid podcast iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the. Ideas expressed