Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters, and we are back in the freaking Saddle. I am very sorry for the missed days of the podcast. As you might be able to tell, as you might be able to hear, I was battling a bit of a sore throat. I'm still battling a bit of a sore throat, a little bit of a virus or something ripping through me here. So I tried to take a few days off to get some rest before this became worse. I'm going to power through this episode.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: As I've said before, there's nothing I love more than doing the podcast, So every time I don't get to do it, it does really pain me quite a bit. You can also probably blame my good friend mister mo Nuara aka the Moose, because so he made a deep run in an eleven hundred dollars plo event at Aria and he's a good friend of mine. Always got to sweat your friends. I got a piece, So after leaving the WSOP, I go over there to sweat him. He's heads up or sorry, he's three handed when I get there. Then he gets the heads up, he's doing well. Next thing, you know, it's two fifteen in the morning, and I'm like, man, I really just hate myself. Why am I doing this to myself? Mo ends up finishing second for forty six thousand dollars. Great score by him, awesome job, but it really messed up my sleep schedule. You know, I don't get a lot of sleep during the summer as is, but then throw this on top of it, and it probably ultimately did me in because I probably could have used an extra hour or two of sleep if I was starting to starting to feel it and get a little bit of a virus or something coming on. Always go sweat your friends people, no matter what though, even though if you have to battle through some sickness afterwards. It's one of the best things to do in poker. It sharing that success with your friends, you know, and it should be reciprocal. You know, you go sweat them, they go sweat you. That's just the absolute way to do it. It's the best thing to do. So I'm happy that I did it. Congratulations to Moe for his score, But yeah, did have some sacrifices that had to be made, and the pod was up there, so I'm sorry, but I'm back.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, last time on this feed, we hit on our tomorrow Rosie winning his fourth bracelet. We had Braydon lou Kid just out of college, driving across the USA, returning from college, stops in Vegas rips off his first gold bracelet. So all that's in the past, it's said and done. We've got some catching up to do. But the first thing that we have to focus on today, I'm gonna run through all the other winners that we've had, but we cannot not start with the goat mister Nick Schulman, who, as of I don't know an hour or so ago, won the fifteen hundred dollars horse here at the twenty twenty six World Series of Poker, taking home his eighth WSP Goald bracelet one hundred and eighty three thousand dollars for Shulman. I mean, this guy is just absolutely freaking incredible. He had a second place finish already this summer in that fifteen hundred dollars Baduga event. He battled, battle, battled, ultimately lost out. He had a fifth place finish. I believe it was in another tournament he had a the fifth place finish was in the ten K Dealer's Choice. He had an eighteenth place finish in the twenty five k Nolan at hold him, you know, so some close calls already, some very close calls with those second place in that fifth place finish, but Nick is able to get the job done. In the fifteen hundred dollars horse there, he topped seven hundred and eighty entry to get the win. He told Poker News afterwards that he feels like he's just hitting his prime. And that's kind of a scary thing to think about if you're somebody like a Phil Helmuth. You know, yeah, Phil Hellmuth has got a nice lead with seventeen goal bracelets. But I mean Nick doesn't look like he's slowing down. And if he's going to be making final tables at this rate, with how good he is, with how well versed he is in all the different games, i mean, watch out at the top of that bracelet leaderboard. Absolutely watch out after Nick one. I've really never seen him so elated and excited and being outgoing about the win. You know, I've seen several of his bracelet wins. I've seen plenty of other tournament wins of his especially those inside the studio, but this one, I don't know. It just seemed like it hit a little bit different for Nick. I don't have an interview for you guys on this episode of the podcast, but we did sit down with Nick afterwards. It was myself and my videographer Antonio Abrego, and we got some really good stuff with Nick. So we're going to be releasing that at some point over the weekend. I was very open, he was definitely very happy, but he got into why he still does this and what's kind of driving him. So stay tuned for that. You know, it'll get released on all the different social media outlets for Poker go so that is coming. But congratulations to Nick Shulman the Goat getting number eight in the fifteen dollars horse Also to get caught up on we had new winners that included Richard alsup in the fifteen hundred dollars Monsters Act, Braxton done Away. I'm sure you guys all know that name for the success he's had in recent years. But he won another gold bracelet. He won the two K no limit. Bryce Yackey got his third bracelets. Brent Gregory denied he ever so Polarized Maurice Hawkins. It was a third WSP bracelet for the one and only high Roller Santosh Servanna Dennis Weiss won the fifteen dollars limit hold him and Mike Holtz, a co host of another podcast, a podcast that I have mistakenly shouted out several times on this show. Mike Holts won the fifteen hundred dollars Super Turbo Bounty. So that's all the stuff we're gonna hit on on today's episode. As a reminder, if you are looking to play some free online poker, please go check out play poker Go. Just visit playpokerg dot com slash podcast because if you go to that url, you'll be able to get a free one hundred thousand gold bonus to help kickstart your bankroll again. That's Playpokergo dot com slash podcast. To claim your free bonus and start playing first up on the winner's rundown to get through. Richard Alsup wins the fifteen hundred dollars Monster Stack topping a field a wopping field of eleven nine and thirty three entries. Alse Up one just of one point three million dollars. This second gold bracelet for alse Up. He previously won an eight hundred dollars Nolan had hold Him Deep Stack event in twenty twenty two for two hundred and seventy two thousand dollars. There As you can imagine that eight hund dollars Deep Stack was a pretty big field twenty eight hundred and twelve entries in that one. Alsop now moves to second on Minnesota's all time money list. Number one on that list is Blake Bone. In his winter interview with Poker News, else Up cited some baby run good. So I guess he's got a baby on the way. Maybe he just had a baby, but either way, baby run good help propel Alsop here to his largest career live tournament score now at the final table. If you guys watched it, I know they did some checking. I'm not sure exactly how much they showed of it, but he cracked aces twice en route to victory, and both times he cracked aces it was against sale to Carlo De Carlo ended up finishing in second place on the first one. The first time that Alceup cracked to Carlo's aces, it was with five players left. Alsop was all from the button with King Queen of diamonds to Carlo had aces. In the big blind it came king nine to five to eight king on the river, so trips there on the river for alceup. The second time came a bit later during heads up play. The money got all in on eight six four two diamond flop. Alsop had seven six of spades, so middle pair and a straight draw to Carlo had the aces. He also had the ace of diamonds in hand, so back to a flustraw as well, turn jack river six for alsup, So once again trips on the river for alceup to crack the aces of Di Carlo. From there, you know, also battled his way into the chip lead, but the lead did swing back and forth a few different times. On the final hand, it was luck on the side of alsup once again is a seven off beating to Carlo's He's king off as seven hit the flop and that was that. So hard not to feel for sale to Carlo here, you know, getting your aces cracked by the same player twice in the fashion that he did, ultimately getting his money in on the final hand with very much the best of it doesn't go his way. Yes, there is luck and poker. We all know that, we all believe it's predominantly skilled with a little bit of luck, but it is painful when it doesn't go your way like it didn't for Sail to Carlo. So Alsup takes home one million, three hundred and two thousand dollars for the win to Carlo, nine hundred k for second. Then you had John Ripnik, Aaron Mazzy, Matthew Miller, Pierce McKellar, Kevin Eister, and Nicholas Angelou rounding out to the final table. Another player that I did want to mention from this event is Andrew Moreno. One of the things I think is important to do in all poker coverage, especially at the World Series of Poker, is to really try and showcase all different sides of the game, not not just you know, the winner's photos, the bracelet ceremonies, the feel good stories, all that sort of stuff, because there is the other side of the grind that does you know, come up, especially during the World Series when the spotlight is so big on poker and when there was so much poker being played in a relatively small window. Moreno this year got eleventh out of the almost twelve thousand entries for one hundred and twenty thousand dollars. He's had a ton of deep runs in this specific tournament. So eleventh place this year for one hundred and twenty k. Last year he got one hundred and twenty third out of nine hundred and twenty entries, the year before that seven hundred and forty seventh out of eighty seven hundred entries. The first year post COVID SO twenty twenty one, Moreno got two hundred and eighty seventh out of thirty five hundred and twenty entries in two ninth team forty ninth place out of more than six thousand entries, and then back in twenty sixteen he had a final table run that ultimately ended in sixth place out of six nine hundred and twenty seven players. So now you know the eleventh place finished out of almost twelve thousand entries. That's that's a solid six figure score, one hundred and twenty thousand dollars in the bank for Andrew ma Reno. Incredible accomplishment, right, But when you're a professional, and a seasoned, experienced professional like Moreno is and somebody who's trying to win the whole thing. You get that close, you probably start to feel it. I'm sure that it can also be incredibly painful in a way. We were following Moreno, you know, throughout the later stages of this tournament, and he was kind enough to, you know, kind of close the book on it all. You know. He joined us afterwards for a really thoughtful conversation about perspective. He touched on his process, why he still loves the game, you know, despite having another mirror, and you're missed like this, So let's hear from Andrew Marino.
Speaker 3: Now, all right, Andrew, close call to the Monster Stack final table. But again, I know poker has obviously it's ups and its down. Just talk to me about what you're feeling in this post.
Speaker 4: I feel like I want to fly home right now and see my family and my kids. So they're supposed to come and see me. I came for a few weeks by myself, and I just missed them terribly. It's it's the only thing I think that'll make me feel better. So I'm gonna consider. I'm going to sleep on it, and I might leave in the morning or I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: When you bust aternament like that close to the final table. You know, you walk away with a six figure pay day on one hand, which is a really good score, but also you know you're someone who I think prides yourself on winning, right, you know when you get to that stage, how does that mind shift shift and to be like, Okay, now is time. Now I have my shot, I'm ten spots away or whatever it is, can actually winning this whole thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't really think about how far away I am when I'm in a tournament. I'm mostly just focus on all the factors at the table. Who's in the stack distribution? What should my strategy be based on the chip distribution? You know, there will be the thought of can I or should I position myself to ladder or potentially get a big stack and try to become the chip leader, So I kind of think about It's weird, like I didn't really think at all about the final table, not I didn't think about the money or anything.
Speaker 2: I was mostly just trying to.
Speaker 4: Just like really lean into the moment and just kind of feel what was happening at the table.
Speaker 3: You've had a sixth place finish in this Sponsor Stack event before, and a few other deep runs as well. This time around almost twelve thousand entries. When did it start to feel Okay, maybe I'm going to start making a run, Maybe it's.
Speaker 2: Going to happen again. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, going on day three, I lost half my stack on the first hand, and I realized that if I just kind of play solid and not get into some of these close spots that I had been getting into, people were giving me extra lives. Basically, they were so many mistakes that were being made, and I was able to just kind of extend my tournament so many different times just from people making errors. And then I at the end of the third night, I caught some great hands, made a wild bluff, got caught, and realized my little bit of equity to win the pot. And at that point I thought, okay, something might happen here.
Speaker 3: Ten years ago is when you came at sixth past board And now, how have you changed as a player.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's weird. I think I feel so much more in control now. I don't even think I'm a very aggressive or loose player. Most people think I am. I probably am. I just feel so in control now, whereas before it was I was a lot more feel based it's like I don't think this guy has it, or I feel like this guy's overdoing it, And now I'm a lot more rooted in theory and I feel more calm in general.
Speaker 3: Do you think that's because of how much you put into study. I mean, I saw on social media the other day he said, this is why I study so much, so that I'm constantly aware of like what the theory is, what ranges are playing against, what ranges. So has that comfortability come from all that practice that you put in off the film?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think putting in all the practice off the felt it's It's one of those things I always thought when I look at I always thought of a guy like Kobe Bryant. I always wanted to be like that. I wanted to be the guy that was going to outwork everyone else.
Speaker 2: And just.
Speaker 4: As long as I knew that I was in the gym sweating my balls off, like working harder than everyone else, if I was losing in the game, I really care because I knew that I was just going to go do that over and over again, and I just did it for me to have peace. That way, I could have bad variants, bad results and still feel okay, about.
Speaker 3: It's going to grind. About studying poker over and over again, doing it for so many hours, Like how do you find the motivation to just keep doing.
Speaker 2: I actually enjoy it now and I switch it up.
Speaker 4: I have a couple different ways that I study, and I think, you know, it's kind of like going to the gym. Some people, you know, they like getting on the peloton, some people like kickboxing classes, some people like hot yoga. I think you just have to find a way for you to study that feels enjoyable. I will say that I think there needs to be active studying. Enjoyable study can be you know, watching a Poker Go final table for me and having a computer up and just kind of looking at things, but actually doing active studying where I'm you know, looking at hand.
Speaker 2: Ranges or even some solves.
Speaker 4: Because I think it's real easy to like watch a training video or listen to a podcast and all that can help too. But I just think there's definitely there needs to be an emphasis on really doing an active studying.
Speaker 3: This tournament had a lot of I guess extracurricular things going on. You guys are moved up onto the stage, you get moved to a stream table at one point. You know, a lot of shuffling like that. There's bright lights, there's cameras. Now at this stage of your career, are you kind of imputed to that sort of stuff and you just get in your comfort zone and lock in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I actually like it because I think it's a competitive advantage for me because I've played on so many stream tables, and I know what that can do to someone if they're not used to it. Not just you know, the lights and you know the pressure, but just the fear that comes along with making a mistake and having other people see it.
Speaker 2: So I think people are going to perform worse.
Speaker 4: And I like it because I write down pretty much all my hands anyway, So if I'm gonna stream, it's just less work for me.
Speaker 2: I can just you know, I don't have to write down anything, So it's good.
Speaker 3: How do you balance a feeling after a run like this between satisfaction because ultimately you did have a nice financial sport, but also maybe that disappointment of coming up when it was short.
Speaker 5: Of the ultimate part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, disappointment in poker is you know something that I think I would be really interested to hear other people talk about it because I.
Speaker 2: It's such a hard thing.
Speaker 4: Anyone out there watching poker or watching this, they probably enjoy poker. They've gone to the casino, lost a big pot, and the emotion behind that and the feelings behind it, it's hard to articulate. For me personally, I think I've done a really good job of learning how to be gentle with myself when I feel like I did make a mistake, and I have a lot of compassion and empathy for myself because I work really hard. I think if if I didn't work hard, I would have a lot less empathy for myself because I yeah, I think that preparedness really allows me to be a lot kinder to myself.
Speaker 3: What keeps the fire alive to keep coming back, because you know, in poker terms, you can kind of get your teeth kicked in a lot of it sometimes and it's not always super fun, but other times it is the lady right. But what keeps striving?
Speaker 4: I just love I'm a poker guy, Like I love the game so much. It's like when I'm sitting at a poker table, I'm always trying to think, like can I bluff this hand?
Speaker 2: Should I be all in?
Speaker 4: What happened, Like, is there anything creative I can try to find? I'm really trying to think about what other people are doing and how can.
Speaker 2: I exploit them?
Speaker 4: And I think being in that creative and yeah, just more like playful mindset, I think that's when I really feel like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 4: And I think when I I had periods in my career where I was going on or things weren't going well, and I feel like it's more like being in survival and it's really I think one of the first things to go in when that happens is creativity. So as long as I'm just like sitting there being creative and having opportunities also competing against tough competition, I absolutely love testing myself against some of these great players and all that stuff combined, I think is what I love about poker.
Speaker 3: I gotta ask you about your final hand. A little bit of a nitrole, I guess by the guy with the queens. You made kind of a comment that he's you know, gave you a little bit of a speech like let's go through your mind in that moment.
Speaker 4: It didn't bother me at all. I like to bust people's balls. I was like, I was like, buddy, don't speak to me with queens. Come on, you got queens, you know, because I just recognize that it's, you know, gonna happen the way that it does, and it's just up to the universe, and it was his time, you know, and it was richest time and everyone else's and good for them.
Speaker 3: When you look back on a run like this and a lot of the runs that you've had in your career, is it more a feeling of while that was a near miss or are you thinking I consistently keep putting myself in position to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Mostly, I'm just trying to think what am I doing well and what do I think I need to improve on? And I think I did a lot of things really well in this tournament. And I also know there were a couple of things that I really took from this experience and I'm gonna do better with in the future. So yeah, I just look back on it and try to find the useful pieces and not try to make up too much about the result.
Speaker 3: You talked about possibly going home missing the family. What can we expect from you the rest of the summer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some people ask me about if I was going to play a bunch this summer, and you know, because of the Fantasy Draft, and I like that people don't really count on me because I just like, I want to do whatever I feel like.
Speaker 2: I don't really feel like playing. I might feel like playing.
Speaker 4: In the morning, but yeah, I just like to be able to come and go as I please and.
Speaker 2: Just be pretty relaxed about the whole vent.
Speaker 1: Moving on to the two K no limit hold them, Braxton Dunaway, or as he's known as be done top day field of nine hundred and sixty eight entries to win two hundred and eighty eight thousand dollars his second w Sop gold a bracelet. And then speaking of the Monster Sac that we just talked about in twenty twenty three, that's the tournament that done Away won for one million, one hundred and sixty two thousand dollars. And of course we all know how Dunaway finished third last year in the ws we made event behind Michael Msrocky and John Woznik, and Dunaway cashed in that one for four million dollars. Here at this final table was done Away on top I mentioned that two hundred and eighty eight K that he won Irwin Pshot second place, Jannive Peretz third place, Brian Alvarez fourth place, Kimon Fon Fontukitis. I'm gonna butcher all these names, and it doesn't help that my throat's not working. Fifth place for him, six was Albert Calderon. Ionis Canapopoulos. Probably butchered that one too, I'm sorry. Seventh place, Sammy besha Head eighth place, Ivan por Lev ninth place. Another player that added to his bracelet tally is Bryce Yaki a third piece of ws AP hardware for him. Yaki top one hundred and sixty three entries in the ten K Dealers Choice Championship, scooping up three hundred and seventy one thousand dollars. In twenty seventeen, Yaki won the ten k PLO High Low Championship, and then in twenty twenty four he won the five k PLO. He had a really nice quote after his win. This was told too Poker News. He said, I've wanted to win this tournament for a really long time. In terms of like mixed game tournaments, this one's really unique because there's just a lot of strategy beyond just playing the game that goes into it. People actually try to choose games to target you, whatever they think you're bad at, whatever they think they have an edge air sorry, whatever they think they have an advantage at. Part of the game is also just learning to play that game too and just avoiding them in those situations when you can. I wanted to win this one for a long time. A very very very prestigious tournament at the World Series Bober. You know it's probably main event fifty KPBC and then probably this one to be honest, So shout out to Bryce Jockey. There three hundred and seventy one k for him in first place. Pretty stacked final table here, Ryan Miller second place, Jake Schwartz third place, Chad eve Sledge fourth place. Nick Shulman. We already talked about his fifth place finish in this one second final table of the summer at the time for Shulman after getting second in that padugie, but we now know that he had a third final table and ultimately got the win and that fifteen hundred dollars horse and then Jeremy Osmas rounded out this final table with a sixth place finish. Was also the second final table this WSP for Osmis. He also got fourth in the ten K Stud Championship. It is one oh seven am, by the way, I did not shout out at the time on Saturday, June thirteenth, and there's a chance that Osmus makes another final table. He was down to the final two tables in the ten K Limit Hold'em Championship. Brent Gregory was the winner of the six hundred dollars half and half Nolan hold Him Slash Pot Limit Omaha. He topped a field of more than thirty three hundred entries to pick up two hundred and four thousand dollars and his first gold bracelet. He denied Maurice Hawkins a bracelet, with Hawkins finishing in second place. Not only was Hawkins at this final table, but Daniel Legrando was there, Alex Foxon was there, and Josh Reichard was there. Hawkins took one hundred and thirty five thousand dollars for his second place finished. Reichard got third for just under one hundred k, fox In fifth for fifty five K. Nigrany eighth for twenty four thousand, three hundred dollars. Hawkins busted Negranu in eighth place and a pretty wild hand of plo. They get it all on pre flop Nigrowaney's got King Queen nine to seven, King Queen of Hearts nine to seven of clubs. He's up against the ace ace jack deuce and Hawkins was suited with the jack deuce in diamonds. When the money goes in pre I did look up the odds, shout out to the card player odds calculator. But Hawkins is a little bit over fifty seven percent to win. Negron New is a little bit under forty three percent to win. Flop comes six four to four with two hearts does give a flushtraw to negron New, but he's still just thirty four point six percent versus the sixty five point four percent four Hawkins turn though bang heart ten of hearts, that makes negron Neu a whopping ninety percent favorite in a pan of plos so nine times out of ten, the river card is going to give Negroanney the double up and keep him alive. But the river here is the six six six four of spades so four four four on the board that allows Hawkins's aces to play as a full house and he Ko's Daniel mcgrad in eighth. Santos Servanna did it again in a high roller field. This time it was the fifty K high Roller. He topped a field of one hundred and sixty seven entries, winning JASHI of two million dollars. It was the third Divisip Gold bracelet for Santos. He previously won the fifty thousand euro Diamond high Roller at Doubysip Europe back in twenty twenty three, and then in twenty twenty four he won the two hundred and fifty K super high Roller. He extends his lead a top India's all time moneyless and it's a giant lead. Santos has won more than twenty two point six million dollars. Second on that list is an old school name vivid Rashkumar won eight million dollars and he's currently second on that list. At this final table was Santoch on top for the one point nine to ninety two million dollars Chang Lee. Last year, Chang Lee won the twenty five K high roller. This year he comes second in this fifty K high roller for one point two to eight million. Colin Robinson shout out to Colin Robinson. He's a player I've had on my one dollar list in twenty five K Fantasy, but have never ultimately gotten to pull the trigger on him. He satellited into this one, he told me cast for eight hundred ninety three thousand dollars, his largest career score. Chris Brewer fourth place for six hundred and thirty four thousand dollars. Chris Brewers had a pretty great start to his summer fourth place in this event for the six hundred and thirty four K. He also got fourth in the ten KGG Millions and he got fifth in the ten K stud Championship, So that's a pretty great start to your summer for Chris Brewer. Fifth place here anatolely Is Latnikov, Brandon Wilson got sixth, Brian Breck got seventh, and yawns Iron's got eighth. Dennis Weiss won the fifteen K limit hold Them for one hundred and thirty three thousand dollars and his third WSOP Gold bracelet. He topped a field of five hundred and ten entries. Previously, Weiss won the five K PLO five K Europlo at WSP Europe in twenty twenty four, and then last year he won the twenty five K POO at the World Series of Poker here in Vegas. He told Poker News after before this year, I mostly played PLO. I tested the waters last year in some of the fifteen hundred dollars mixed games. I studied a little bit, and it's fun to play them. So this one feels different. It feels and it feels fun. It's basically what he said. It's always great to see players, you know, kind of branch out to other games, and you know, it seems like Weiss has a knack for things. I always say, you know, if you if you just are good at poker, even if it's just one variant, you just probably have that type of mind that you can probably learn other variants pretty well and pick them up at least to a capacity where you're able to perform well in tournaments. And then maybe you know, you catch a hot streak. Next thing you know, you know you're in the Winter circle. So why he's taking home one hundred and thirty three thousand dollars for his win. Omar Ma Mood took second for eighty eight thousand. Ronnie barta good friend of mine, fifty nine k for third place. There Pads. Shout out to Pads Patrick Leonard sixth place in this one. As you guys know, you know, Ronnie part is a good friend of mine, you know, I know he really wanted this title. How much he loves Limit Hold Him plays it all the damn time. He might play it the most out of anyone in the world, especially live, which is pretty crazy. He plays it pretty much every single day up in the Bay Area. He won the twenty five hundred dollars six Max Limit Hold Him back in twenty twelve. He has a few other Ubasity final tables in Limit Hold Them similar to Andrew Moreno before in the Monster Stack, we were following Ronnie Barda. We had him miked up, you know, so after we busted, we put an interview out there on social media. You guys can check that out on the Coca Goro channels. But after he busted, you know, we talked with him a little bit and I wanted to just pull the clip on why he loves Limit Hold Him so much, because it to many it's dying game, but to Ronnie Barto, it's very much alive, and he even wants more of it. So here's Ronnie Barta talking about why he loves Limit hold Them so much.
Speaker 5: First of all, the people that play Limit Hold Them are just quite characters. I mean, obviously the whole poker world are full of characters, but in a sense, mixed games and Limit hold Them bring a special crew. And you know, yeah, I've been playing this game since two thousand and three, you know, and going back and forth from Limit hold Them and no Limit hold Them, Limit hold Them, no Limit hold Them. I just love Limit hold Him. I don't know I did that didn't really answer what your question. I would say it's a combination of like just getting thin value and making big folds. And you know, they change his format to seven handed, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I told Jack Effel in my last interview. I didn't tell him personally, but to you guys, I mean, getting rid of the six match broke my heart. I love Limit Hold Him because it's like it's just war like check raising faces on the river, getting thin value, you know, just outclassing your opponents, and it's a it's a game of intuition, and a lot of people underestimate Limit hold Them. They're like you can't bluff and Limit hold Them. But there's so much bluffing going on and limit hold Them. There's so much thin value and it really strengthens your hand reading abilities when it comes to playing no limit because you see so many hands go to showdown and I know the bets are for men, but you get to feel how a player reacts when they actually make their hands and they're You're on the river a lot in limit hold Them.
Speaker 2: So fuck.
Speaker 5: I just love the game. I caught my teeth that Fox was playing it. It's the first time I started to play, right after seven Cards stud But yeah, I just wanted to be a best, to be the best at something. I mean, losing here was I'm not feeling it quite yet, you know it to my second third place on the limit hold Them event. It's my third final table in the last three years or four years. We get the ten K limit hold them tomorrow. They only offer two events now. I mean we had before the no limit Chris Moneymaker booms half the tournaments a limit hold him. You had a shootout, you had a fifteen hundred, you had a one K, you had a two K, a three K at three K, six max, a five K, a ten k, and probably another fifteen hundred you know. And the fields are big, five hundred and ten players is not bad. And we get a lot of new plood that comes into the game. And like this man here, Dennis, he's a PLO German pro. He fucking loves the game and he's gonna come back. And we've had a lot of every tournament kid who final table registered on accident.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: We have one of those that happened constantly, and the guy absolutely loved it.
Speaker 2: He's going to be back.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's a dead game whatsoever.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I love limit holding.
Speaker 1: The fifteen dollars super Turbo bounty. I played it. I put two bullets in. They did not work out Mike Holtz, though it certainly worked out for him. He topped all two thousand and one, one hundred and three injuries to win at two hundred and thirty eight thousand dollars. Notably, an online player is Mike Holtz. He already had an online bracelet, but he did say he wanted to win a live one. That first bracelet of his came in twenty twenty two in the seven hundred and seventy seven dollars Lucky Sevens event on WSP dot com this win here. The two hundred and thirty eight thousand dollars score is the largest live tournament score and first six figure live score for Mike Holts. Mike is a co host of the Poker News podcast. The Poker News podcast that I'm scheduled to be on on Monday, so you guys can stay tuned for that on their feeds. But he told Poker News afterwards, he said, I've always wanted a live bracelet. There is sort of a stigma with the online bracelet, like, oh, blah blah blah, fuck them, baby, Daddy's got two now. Mike is an absolute, crazy, colorful character. After he won, he was yelling things about, you know, somebody tell them Hawkins, that's how you close, or whatever the heck he said. Maurice Hawkins came on the Poker News podcast, which had Holloway with Mike Holts, and they had a pretty combative back and forth about all of Maurice Hawkins's situations and the allegations surrounding him. So that then spawned, you know, some shouting from Mike Colts here when he ended up getting first later on in the evening, on the same night that Maurice Hawkins got second, so just crazy stuff. Holtz beat may Siatu probably butchered that name and I'm very sorry for it. One hundred and fifty eight k for her for second place, Root Gin third place, Andrew Hastabachenko got sixth place in this one. I think that's gonna do it for all the winners. Oh no, we got another one from tonight my faults Yuri's Evelevski winning his sixth World Series of Poker gold bracelet for two point eight million smackers. I mean, holy hell, I mean, Uri is this guy is just absolutely unbelievable. He's another player that if he just keeps playing for long enough, he's going to be in double digits by a mile for bracelets.
Speaker 2: I mean, he.
Speaker 1: Plays all the games, and he plays them incredibly well. And here he is topping one of the toughest fields at the World Series of o where one hundred K high roller and winning two point eight million dollars doing it in the three K nolan at Holdham you had a poker pro turned businessman Omar Zaze winning it all for two hundred sorry two hundred for it's way more than two hundred, five hundred and thirty eight thousand dollars in this three K event. A beautifully structured four day tournament. Is this three K event. He battled with Jeanrebert Blonde during heads up play. Blond had a big chip lead. At the final table, he had a big chip lead three handed, had believe he had the chip lead heads up maybe, but ultimately Blonde fell in second place for three hundred and fifty eight thousand dollars and it was all about Omar Zase five hundred and thirty eight thousand dollars for him in the ten K limit Hold Them championship. We are down to seven players from the field of one hundred and twenty one. Benny Glasser is the chip leader. He's ahead of Dong Chen. Then it's Gus Hansen, Jeremy Osmas, Jesse Lonis, Dylan Smith, and Jerry Wong. It does look like we lost phil Ivey. It does look like we lost Daniel Legrand who It does look like we lost josh Aria along the way. So some heavy hitters there hitting the rail. Josh Ari finished in the eighth place for thirty thousand dollars. Right behind him phil Ivey ninth place thirty thousand dollars. Nigraney busted in thirteenth for twenty one k. You also had Raisner in fourteenth, e k Esther Taylor in fifteenth, and yeah, I mean that's a pretty sick sick field. These guys will be back on Saturday to finish it out something. Check what this first place prize is two hundred and eighty five thousand, two hundred dollars. So again, that's seven players left in the ten K limit hold them championship. Benny Glaser on top. He's going for gold bracelet number nine, I believe. And that's just freaking incredible that Benny Glaser's got Damny Demn bracelets. I mean, this is another absolute freaking crusher out there. The fifteen hundred dollars pot limit Omaha is down to fifteen players from two thousand, five hundred and eighty one. Jason zip Fell is up on top. Jason, I forget what does he go by. He goes by another name.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I should know this because he played on cash Flow. He's played on Venetian Poker Live. I forget his name. He plays on the table one game all the time. He's definitely a cash game player. Last year he needed to finish in a certain place in a Venetian poker tournament to get unstuck for the summer, and he ended up doing it, so pretty crazy. There didn't even know he really played plo. But here he is chip leading the final fifteen entering the final day of play. Here Will Givens is in second place. Pretty crazy story about Will Givens. So he joined my table in the seventeen hundred dollars US circuit event and he starts talking about how it's his first time back at the WSB, his first tournament back was that one that thereas to be in four years and we're like, okay, why He says he was banned from the World Series of Boker or from all series properties or something. Something happened in the pit. He got accused of something. He said that he didn't do it. It was a whole thing. He explained that he fought with Caesars. Or he tried tried to write letters, which they always say, you just have to write a letter. Do you have to write a letter? He kept trying to write letters, nothing ever happened. Finally he got a lawyer and I said, oh, you know, and he said, yeah, you just have to get a lawyer. I said, so, what was the time between when you got a lawyer and when you got you know, allowed to come back? And he's like three weeks. I was like, oh damn. So you basically sat out almost a full four years and all you had to do was.
Speaker 2: Get a lawyer.
Speaker 1: For whatever reason, the lawyer was able to work the right channels, make the right case, whatever it was. But it worked out for Will Gibbons and he is now back at the World Series of Poker and here he is two to fifteen in this fifteen hundred dollars plo of and Max Coleman is also in there. Nick Unie is in there as well. These guys are vying for a four hundred and forty thousand dollars first place prize. The five thousand dollars Seniors high Roller kicked off today and won't get too much into that, still very early, and then the fifteen hundred dollars raz also kicked off, also not going to get too much into this one, because well, you know, it's early day one and it's ras and that's that. I think my umble voice made it through. I'm not really sure. It feels like it's going in and out. Hopefully it sounded good for you guys, and hopefully we got this one done and I'll try and get some more rest over these coming days, keep bringing you these guys, these pods. But tonight was a very very cool night at the World Series of Poker with Nick Shulman getting bracelet number eight again. Stay tuned for that interview that's going to drop at some point over the weekend. It was a pleasure, as always to talk to Nick after he got the job done. It's always it's never really easy to, you know, go up to these players. You know, they they just played a grueling tournament, likely which happens they win. Yes, they're happy, but then you gotta take a whole bunch of photos. Then there's a whole bunch of different media interviews, and then finally we walk up last and say, hey, by the way, you got time for one more and we want to go over here and do it on video. So you know, I get it. I appreciate all the players forgiving their time. They don't have to, they can always say no. But stay tuned for that interview from Nick Schulman. And that's that. I think we made it through. I'm happy with it so I will catch you guys next time. My name is Donny Peters. This has been the Poker Go Podcast. I'll see you soon.