Speaker 1: Dead dead dead dead Hey us, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, he rod Ryan. Hey, good morning everybody. Welcome back to the show. Rod Ryan Show. Checking in five point fifty seven on this tat Tuesday. Well, if you were listening yesterday, you know we got all big prizes for you today. Kenny the cash Man popped back into our lives. He's going for win number two. He took Other John out of the picture. He's like an eight time Hall of Famer, fourth time he's played this year. He's a bit of a riverboat gambler. Even yesterday's game was a little wild. He's a little reckless right now, but we will play that game. At six twenty. Monster Jam. We talked about that yesterday. There's a big Monster Jam only one in October one show October nineteenth. I got a four pack in pit passes before tickets even go on Sae rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary show. Tickets will give you those at seven twenty this morning, and then of course the suburb Summer Sidler. We've got Client taking on Brenham this morning. At a twenty we've got Sheila and Taylor with their eye on the prize six thousand dollars on the shopping block from s Sheell Federal Credit Union in the suburb Summer Sizzler. Every morning at a twenty week played third e blind. We're counting down fine four three two one today, Fourth row tickets for the big show on Saturday night. We'll give you those tickets at nine ten. Then Chris Stapleton tickets. He's gonna play Minute May Park. Sure, he's gonna sell it out. We have those tickets for you. Unno the show. So we're gonna be busy. Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy. That means we are going to get some sun today. Highs up around ninety four. Good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 2: Hey morning, Rod, Good morning, home room.
Speaker 3: So yesterday President Biden was speaking as a keynote speaker from the LBJA Presidential Library in Austin, and during that speech he was.
Speaker 2: Pushing for major reforms to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 3: He was marking the sixtieth anniversary of a civil rights the Civil Rights to Act, so he called for term limits for justices at eighteen year term limits for them and enforceable code of ethics. He also proposed a constitutional amendment to limit the broad immunity granted to presidents by our recent Supreme Court decision. Also in politic News and Political News North Carolina, Roy Cooper, the governor there, he's removing himself from consideration as Vice President Kamala Harris's running mate. He did that yesterday. He said he was honored to be considered for the role. It just wasn't the right time for his state, North Carolina and for him to potentially be on a national ticket. So apparently Arizona Senator Mark Kelly, Pennsylvania Governor Joshapiro, Minnesota Governor Tim Walls are the names to be reported on the shortlist to join the Harris campaign as a vice presidential candidate.
Speaker 2: So there's the serious stuff. Hey, we've got.
Speaker 3: Another blog page up for the Olympics because it's all happening so quickly. Alex will tell you about the medals. But there were a lot of really fun viral moments. Simone Biles still amazing her uneven bars is trending the performance she gave there. And then the youngest member of Team USA, six year old Hesley Ridovetta.
Speaker 2: She's pretty awesome herself.
Speaker 3: If you guys saw the Chinese gymnasts just watching Simone like even they were in awe of her Snoop Dog's been everywhere, flavor flaves everywhere.
Speaker 2: We love it. There was a weird moment during a team handball.
Speaker 3: That's a good check out that blog page because it's got everything you need to get caught up. Okay, Rolling Stone magazine, you know they give us a lot of good content.
Speaker 1: Do they? Yeah? Do they?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 2: They put out list we like to read. They put out articles. Their latest article.
Speaker 3: Is calling the Hawk to a girl Haley. I don't know her last name, Haley something. They're calling her the gen Z. Dolly Parton, Come on and.
Speaker 1: Come on, Dolly Parton is a national treasure, world treasure, the insane.
Speaker 2: The internet is horrified.
Speaker 3: They're saying, you know, Rolling Stone, you're losing credibility of what are you doing? You know, we know the hawk to a girl's experiencing fame because she may that you know joke while she was bar hopping. Hailey Wells has even been on Bill Maher. I saw her on Whitney Cummings podcast. I mean she is making the rounds. They're both blown. They both have a country accent. We'll leave it there.
Speaker 5: How about that.
Speaker 3: Ozzy Osbourne made nice with Britney Spears during a recent episode of his podcast, The Osborne's Podcast. He apologized for saying he was fed up seeing.
Speaker 2: Her posting dance videos all the time. Brittany, I owe you an apology and so like.
Speaker 3: As soon as he said he was sorry, he was like, however, it would be better if you didn't do the same dance every day.
Speaker 5: Change a few movements.
Speaker 3: So he apologize, and then he went back to criticizing her.
Speaker 1: Kelly must be friends with her because she seemed like to clean up her dad's master. She's like, no, no, no, Britney, You're beautiful. We love you. It's like, it's just the Osbourne's trying to put out a snippet of their Crazy Wacky Family podcast.
Speaker 5: Those aston suadlines. All right, what you got least knows fellow the Pirates.
Speaker 4: Last night five to three, Josh Hater gave up the three run homer in the top of the day and being the difference in the game, They'll play Pittsburgh again tonight, Hunter Brown, I'll be in the mound for the Stros and that one first pictures at seven ten You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. The MLB trade deadline is today at five pm, and the Astros made a move yesterday. They scratched starting pitcher Jake Bloss before he was supposed to start yesterday.
Speaker 5: They sent him to Toronto and as.
Speaker 4: Well as Joey Looper, fedo right fielder and a prospect Will Wagner, son of Billy Wagner. They sent him to the Blue Jays in exchange for pitcher Yusai Kakuchi.
Speaker 1: Any chance of us losing Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they're gonna make any more moves right now, but he would definitely be somebody that's possibly a chip.
Speaker 1: I saw another picture something, just you know, in passing on the internet.
Speaker 6: I'm like, oh God, right now at the trade deadline, everybody's making calls about everybody.
Speaker 4: So he's definitely been in disgust. But that's not nothing guaranteed or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Seattle I heard was interested.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'll update you guys on if there's any more trades during the morning. In the Olympics seems to as they added eight more medals to their total yesterday in Paris, but unfortunately none of them were Gold's notable hoigh. It's from the day US women's basketball team blew out Japan one O two to seventy six. Our men's gymnastics team took bronze and the team competition. I believe it's the first cent to two thousand and eight that they've brought. They've meddled in that event. We also got a silver medal in skateboarding. Jagger, eaton, that kid's a skateboarding nagger.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 4: US leads the overall medal count with twenty total and they have the third most goals behind Japan, France, China, Australia and South Korea.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in spot here.
Speaker 1: We go four hours and pain starts right now. You want that first phone call? What do you want to talk about? Man? Bring it okay? Some of you are toning. You can't get through, Yeah you can. Every phone line is open right now. Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio, it's this one ninety four to five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Hoopas stank. I remember the last time we slipped into some hoopa stank. That sounded awesome. Well, wakey, wakey, hands off. Cupcake's tattooesday is here.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: It brings us all new things, all new things to talk about. Some of the same old people chopped chiming in with us. I mean that in a good way. Kenny the cash Man, he's a pain in the ass, but I'll tell you what, he's a really, really good competitor in this fresh out of bed head to head. I don't know how his ass got through for the fourth time this year, So I don't know where he's feeling as far as you know, how many more chances he has to get back into the Hall of Fame. But he's going for win number two today, fresh out of bed head to head. We'll get rolling with that. We'll start at around six twenty to get the ball group moving on that. And Chilli said it yesterday. We are in an awesome situation where we have just a surplus of concert tickets. He's putting concert tickets in there each and every morning Monster Jam. We talked about that for the first time yesterday about the October nineteenth show. We have four packs of tickets and pit passes. Tessa's got information about like codes and pre sales and all of that. Tickets will go on sale to the general public one week from today. We like to give you tickets before they go on sales, so we'll hook you up on the fun fact flashback Ron Ryan Show, twentyth anniversary show tickets at seven, twenty, Summer Sizzler coming up at eight, twenty the fourth row tickets for Thurday Blind at nine ten, Chris Stapleton tickets. I mean, man, ten percent chance of Ring Partley cloudy high of ninety four. Every phone line's ringing.
Speaker 2: It's not time for the first phone call in the day.
Speaker 1: I say, Brian wants to talk a little Monster Jam.
Speaker 5: Hey dude, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Guys?
Speaker 1: So what's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Appreciate you being up early with us. Welcome to homeroom. What can I do for you?
Speaker 8: Man? My question is I know?
Speaker 9: Is Monster Jam and y'all doing the pre sale tickets like y'a always do.
Speaker 1: We are going to do a pre sale. So here's everything that I know. Tickets go on sale one week from today, that's August sixth. Ticketmaster dot com. There's a special pre sale that's going to happen on August first, which is Thursday. Okay, we will have everything up on links and guests for you if you want to. I mean, I know this is a difficult. It's a weird code that they have. It's all caps jdg ZNE. You're like, what Rod. The code will go up on Thursday morning for pre sale tickets and I'll have Chili build a blog page for you guys with a link and everything. It'll make it really easy. So that's everything that I know. Just win them from us Bro and don't worry about the pre sale. We're gonna if.
Speaker 10: I can, I will. To be honest, you are.
Speaker 1: I've been going probably the last three years since you've been doing that. That's awesome. That's awesome.
Speaker 10: Do you and the kids love it?
Speaker 1: For sure? That was gonna be my next question. You bring like a crew of what what age group are we talking here from Monster Jam that you're bringing out?
Speaker 9: So my son is ten and my daughter she'll be seven, and she's probably the Monster Trunk guru.
Speaker 1: She loves Monster Jam. Yeah, my kid likes it just as much as any boy her age or older. I mean, she's nuts for it. She's crazy for it. I'm telling you, I got I got a big old bucket bullet just monster trucks at my house just from her. Now, I don't know, I mean, you know, regardless, my kid saw online there's some new Unicorn truck. I don't know if we're getting that truck here. Have you guys seen probably, Yeah, there's a unicor, I mean it, we even have one. Okay, then that you guys are really plugged in. There's some new Unicorn truck and my k London's losing her mind over it. She's like, is it coming here? Is it coming here? I said, I don't know, there's one. So Monster Jam is constantly out on tour, okay and all over the world. Now there's there's probably ten Grave Diggers. You're never gonna go to a show without Grave Digger there, at least in some form that. I think there's one Unicorn truck. So I don't know if we're gonna have to wait till the New year to get that here or what. But I have a talk with the Monster Jam people coming up soon, so I'll find out about that.
Speaker 11: Bro.
Speaker 1: You're up. You're in homeroom, Brian Love. You mean it when I say it, you and the kids. Monster Jam tickets giving away on the fun Fat Flashback coming up later on this hour. Okay, I appreciate it, man, you have a good one, bro. I appreciate you, man. Thank you. Yeah, just win them from us and don't worry about all that pre sale nonsense on the flip gonna rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of mad Head to Heade.
Speaker 11: Challenge of us Rock and I'll tear it Ry House from six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's show on this tat Tuesday, I see nothing about a ten percent chance of rain, yes, partly cloudy, high of ninety four, Tessa, what's trending?
Speaker 3: If I say the Darth Vader house here in Houston, do you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: I didn't until I saw it on the news this morning.
Speaker 2: You've never passed by it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what. I don't even know what side of town it's.
Speaker 3: It's in West University Place. It's the Darth Vader home.
Speaker 2: It was off the market.
Speaker 3: This is like one of these houses that people are always kind of monitoring what it's doing. It's on the market for three point five seven million dollars. Events at the house have been the center of an ongoing lawsuit between the City of West University Place and DV one, which is a company in possession of the home. So this is big news if you were in the real estate market.
Speaker 1: I know the Beer Can House. I just don't know this Darth Vader house.
Speaker 2: What about these trades.
Speaker 3: A lot of people were talking about Joey li Braffito being emotional after finding he was traded away from the Astros. He just played so good in this game where we came back from the Dodgers five to nothing and.
Speaker 5: Ended up winning that one.
Speaker 3: But we've got is this guy a pitcher from Toronto Alli you Seikakucci Okay. Lots of trade talk going on on the interwebs, and then of course some mobile's a number one trend her beam routine. We have an Olympic sports blog page on links and guests today, but lots of Olympics, Katy Leadecki trending, little USA women's basketball.
Speaker 2: It's all there. That's what's trending. On ninety four five to.
Speaker 10: Buckod Morning, everybody, Kenny the cash Man is back for a fourth time.
Speaker 4: This year.
Speaker 10: This eight time Hall of Famer is now your fresh out of bed head to Head one day champion. Plan on hearing me all week long and join me on Tuesday when I make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 1: When he says he's played four times, he's slapping you all in the face four times. Okay, he is slapping you all in the face saying, look at me, I'm better than you. I can get through to play this game anytime I want, and I'm going to win. There's your motivation. Call me now, here's lit on the buzz twenty four five The Buzz Lit my own worst enemy rod Ryan show tat Tuesday. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today, nice partly cloudy high of ninety four. Let's play again, and now it's time for the Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Listeners to your corners canay good morning everybody for the fourth time playing this year, said you were slapping.
Speaker 10: I'm better than everybody, and you're stirring the pot over there.
Speaker 1: I don't think you need my help during the pod. I think you stir your own pod just fine. But I do like to I like you. I like to grab the spoon every now and then and give it a twist. Okay, you're going for win number two today, Yes, sir, Okay, we'll find out in a moment what kind of tickets Chilli put in there? But who are you playing? Good morning?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Oh, smoke show Carla. She's fine, beyond well. She can't get through. Kenny's always calling, I know, clogging up the line. This is my worst time this year, playing, fourth time playing this year, Kenny, see what you're doing? Yeah, Carl you've been in the Hall of Fame? How many times?
Speaker 12: One?
Speaker 1: Just one time? Hall of Fame. Kenny's been in eight times. I think, Yeah, I don't scare me. Okay, that's what I want to hear. That's what I need. Carla is a killer. She is a killer. When I asked for a killer, I'm like, are you ready? Are you here to kill? She's like, yeah, of course, I'm here to sleigh. What are they playing for?
Speaker 2: I have a pair of chicks to see.
Speaker 3: Nothing more was set it off from ashes to new and post profit at Bye Music Center.
Speaker 1: All right, well all you got to do a shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Smoke show Carla. Soundly, She's ready to slay. Kenny is a killer in his own right. Kenny the cash Man, both of our contestants making their fourth appearance this year. If you can't play, these are your reasons? Okay, on the phone with me right now. They are constantly calling. Question number one. These are the questions. What cartoon series revolves around the Griffin family? Kenny family guy? It's correct answer.
Speaker 10: I never heard him say his name.
Speaker 3: He did, oh, but I just heard him so I can hear him talk.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm just okay, let's go.
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Are you? Are you ready?
Speaker 5: I like the coaching of the self. It's like a tennis match.
Speaker 1: Now you're ready. Okay. It's a heck of a time to be ready. You should have been ready before that first one. Now you're behind. All right. I'm glad you're ready though. Here we go. Next question. Listening for Kenny, Listening for Carla? What odor eliminating fabric refresher?
Speaker 5: Kenny, Carla Carla.
Speaker 1: Dryer seats m Kenny. Can I do my job please? Like Kenny said? Uh huh, all right, Kenny the cash Man? What what odor eliminating fabric refresher product was introduced to the market in nineteen ninety six. Hint, it's a combo of the words fabric and breeze. Yeah, I mean should have just waited. Tessa was giving you the answer and the question.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you gotta wait for those hints.
Speaker 10: But you can't wait for that long.
Speaker 5: You got to go for it.
Speaker 1: Kenny, You're right.
Speaker 2: Can you give us a wordvice tomorrow? Okay?
Speaker 1: Well I did pump the brakes a little bit today. If you know, yes, you did. You weren't quite the riverboat gambler that you've been. Uh, smoke show, Carla, I don't know that. Uh that wasn't you. That wasn't your best effort. You've done very well on this game. I don't know. You said you weren't intimidated by Kenny. I'm not that good, all right, Carla. Always good to have you on, Kenny. Eight time Hall of Famer. Now you're two wins in. How far have you the three times you played previously? How close did you get to five?
Speaker 5: I only got three wins under my belt?
Speaker 1: All right? JJ said he's the last guy that beat you. He's like, bro put me in. No, Harry, Brad, Oh, here's a second JJ. Harry Brad's okay, all right, Well dude, uh, those tickets are yours. I need a victory speech. Hang on.
Speaker 7: I am celebrating twenty years on the Buzz, twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us have ever met.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, that ninety four or five the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. That's stained lowist in me, Rod Ryan's show tattooesday. Looking forward to all the things, all the things that are coming up. Our first question today was about Monster Jam. I've got Monster Jam tickets coming up for you, a four pack with pit passes for the October nineteenth show. We'll talk a little bit about that coming up. Twentieth anniversary show tickets. There's not a moment that goes by that somebody's not mentioning that to me. I was just talking about it with Hal, making sure that Hal was going to be there, making sure that he's been on the show twenty years. Twentieth anniversary show tickets will be given away at seven twenty and so only way you can get them right. Ten percent chance of ring partly Claude high of ninety four, fresh out of bed, Head to headshow. Here's your current champion. Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 10: Eight time Hall of Famer Kenny the cash means, still in it to win it. I know all you guys love Smoke Show Carla, but I gotta do what I gotta do. Join me on Wednesday when I make it win number three. Bitches.
Speaker 1: She's got a lot of fans, Sure does. She's got a lot of fans. And Robert said, what's the play on asking for a picture when someone loses? Let me don't Carla usually sends in a picture anyway. I think most of you know what Carla looks like. Smokes Show Carla. All right, Well, yeah, if she wants to, that's up to her. All Right, we'll get to those monster gym tickets. But I brought in some new fun.
Speaker 13: Facts back to the day. We make you look smart in front of everybody's it's the funk, back to the day.
Speaker 1: Hell, would you mind if I went all Olympic edition today for fun facts? I mean it is going on. Tessa's excited, she wants everybody to be excited. Can can I just go with some Olympic fun facts?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Give us some Jesse Owen fax or something. Okay, nothing Jesse Owens, although he was a badass this guy was a badass. He's a Hungarian fencer. Okay, his name was Pal Skeezarees. He won a bronze medal at the nineteen eighty eight Olympics. He became disabled after a bus accident, went on to win six medals in a wheelchair fencing in the Paralympics. Wow, making him the only person who's won a medal at the Olympics before a disability, and then winning one at the Paralympics when he was disabled. That's so cool, pretty unbelievable. Now, let's talk about the Paralympics Paralympics, paralyzed paraplegic. Where do we get that name Paralympics. It comes from the Greek word para, which means beside the Paralympic. The para Olympics stand side by side with the Olympics.
Speaker 3: That is fun.
Speaker 1: Whoa good on? Yeah? Used that one today? That would I mean, how's it gonna look smart? In front of his buddies at work? There once, Raymond James, he's coming in hot. I know it's a Tuesday. Football got a shot to be in the Olympics when it was added as a demonstration sport in the nineteen thirty two games in Los Angeles, it bombed alex It has never been considered since that's neat.
Speaker 5: They're just scared the gold. Yeah, we have zero Super Bowls, zero SEC titles. We kill it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we would dominate.
Speaker 13: It's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart, buddies, it's the fuck that to the.
Speaker 1: Day it bombed bombed alex nineteen thirty two. It didn't the America didn't feel the way they do now about football, American football. Uh, okay, talk about what you're giving away here.
Speaker 3: So I have a four pack at Tegus with pit passes to Monster Jam on October nineteenth at Energy Stadium to go until next Tuesday, August sixth, at ticketmaster dot com. But you can take advantage of a special pre sale happening August first through the fifth use code j dg ZNE. That's like Judge Zone. Use that code when checking out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Chili will put up a blog page for that, because we went through that whole Dog and Pony show already. With the first phone caller, he's like, what's the code? I go. Chili will have it up on Thursday morning. Just win these your fun back. Uh, a vexil ologist studies? What a vexil ologist? We learned about them, and we learned about vexil ography yesterday on the show, What are we talking about? What do they study? Seven? One three, two two five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. There's my guy twenty years on the Rod Ryan Show. Hi, Hell, good morning brother, Rode, Good morning boy. You're gonna look so smart and firm. All your work buddies today, How do you do? On Wall Street? Yesterday? Mixdown Wall Street? The Dow was down forty nine points.
Speaker 12: Kick off this morning at forty thousand and five thirty nine NASDAC up twelve to seventeen thousand and three seventy benchmark ten year Treasury. It's trading at a four point one seven percent. Oil stands at seventy five dollars seventy one cents a barrel to the most actives, the big studs McDonald's, Walt Disney, and MRK. The big duds Caterpillar, Intel, and three M. On the economic calendar this morning, it's pretty light, but we will get consumer confidence for July. Right now, futures, Hey, they're on the upside. Hang on to This will be a pause of opening right here on Wall Street. That's it met here. This is Hallan manajuor director with Raymon James Porty for the rod Ryan Show. From Raymon James stand Philip and Augusta and don't forget toys, al Rock out your stock.
Speaker 11: Out Opimian's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, nac AS, IBC, Iron Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance. Transmision will continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your m This program is are educational and informational services oncas does. It's based on movement as reported.
Speaker 1: By Yahn ninety four or five The Bonds, Welcome back, rod Ryan Show. Kelsey's on the phone. Hi, Hi, Hello, good to have you on this morning. So listen. And there's a ninety nine point nine percent chance I'm saying it wrong. A vexil ologist, what do they study? Flag? Flags, flags? It cannot be anybody earning a living as a vexillologist these days, just like one person. Maybe I don't know, maybe there is, but Kelsey I know has won tickets? What tickets has she got?
Speaker 3: He's earning money off this four pack of tickets with pit passes some monster Jam October nineteenth, NRG cant go.
Speaker 1: If they I won? Oh who's Xavier. He's my son, He's the one who told me to call Oh, Xavier, I can't wait to meet you because you've got pit passes. Make sure you come and see us at our truck. All right, Hang on, Kelsey, it's ninety four to five the bus, ninety four or five The Buzz. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Happy tattooesday everyone. That, of course, is our Instagram feature on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com. Also on our page is the rod Ryan Show Care Store. Okay, I'll give you a little bit of a pass today if you want to wait to spend money tomorrow in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. We're gonna do a little bit of a match day. So if you're interested in that, my good friends over at Joe Myers Toyota are offering up five thousand dollars if we could match that in the store tomorrow, and we're gonna debut a couple of new pieces of merchandise in there, So there is going to be a reason those of you that have already looked to look. So if you want to go in the store today, you got money burning a hole in your pocket, need it. We're passing out backpacks this weekend, and I'm behind, I really am. I'm behind the on the dome. But if you want to wait till tomorrow so that we can match the five thousand dollars, then I'm cool with you holding off in sandbag and until tomorrow's big blowout, all right? Seteen percent chance of rain, partly cloudy. Hype ninety four Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Y Zie Biden is pushing for major reforms to the Supreme Court as he marked the sixtieth anniversary of the Civil Rights Act yesterday.
Speaker 2: He spoke from the.
Speaker 3: LBJA Presidential Library in Austin, and he called for eighteen year term limits for justices and an enforceable code of ethics. The FBI says they've got more details on the steps the gunman Thomas Crooks took leading up to his assassination attempt on Donald Trump. Investigator say crooks used aliases to make more than two dozen online purchases of firearm related products beginning in the spring of last year. They say crooks used assumed identities to buy chemicals from the Internet in order to make bombs.
Speaker 2: Again, as according to.
Speaker 3: Officials, Hugheson in rank the least outdoor friendly city in the United States. Come on, I'm not talking about second to last or third to last.
Speaker 2: I talk about dead last.
Speaker 1: Nobody goes outside.
Speaker 3: Well, we know it's dangerous in the heat, and then when it's not sweltering, it's been raining anyway. This company rv share just released a report on the most and least outdoor friendly American cities, and they only included the metropolitan areas with at least a million people. So they were looking at public parks, outdoor activities, glamping, nature.
Speaker 2: Based space spaces.
Speaker 3: Outdoor friendly views, access to trails and wilderness. In the end, Seattle was named the most outdoor friendly city.
Speaker 2: Denver was a close second.
Speaker 1: I was just in Denver this past weekend. It is such an outdoorsy love it granola e crunchy, outside walking, biking, all of that Denver, super duper outdoor city. Who else was on the outdoor city outdoors?
Speaker 2: We had Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Speaker 3: You got a little bit of Miami there, Portland, Oregon, Nashville, San Francisco on here.
Speaker 1: Note I always thought was a really big city for that is Washington, d C. People outside, fit people, rollerblading, you know, biking people outside DC should be on the list. Now let's talk about the flip side where we are number one worst city, were the worst city about getting outdoors and getting active and getting after it.
Speaker 3: We are joining the likes of Rochester, New York, Tulsa, Oklahoma, Detroit, Buffalo on this city, Rod Milwaukee, Fresno, California, Hartford, Connecticut, and Rally, North Carolina.
Speaker 1: So you mentioned about four or five of those cities are cold weather cities. You don't go out in the winter time. So it's the complete opposite of what we have here. Yeah. Yeah, we got to do a better job of getting outside.
Speaker 3: Fifty seven percent of Americans crave more time outside.
Speaker 2: They feel like they don't get enough.
Speaker 1: I watched three blocks with London yesterday and I'm block one. She was complaining. I'm like, come on, kid, you're.
Speaker 2: What time was it. It's not out there.
Speaker 1: It was in the afternoon. You're right, it was about three thirty and I said, you're a Texan. This is your state. You're born, bred, You're here. This is going to be you for the rest of your life. You got to deal with it.
Speaker 2: You better put some sumbuck on my girl. I saw it saying I didn't, uh, come on.
Speaker 3: I think that's Alabaster's skin.
Speaker 2: I know that precious skin.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 3: Francine Pascal is the woman behind the best selling and beloved Sweet Valley High young adult books.
Speaker 2: She passed away in Manhattan. She was ninety two years old.
Speaker 1: Now you don't know the series of books.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this was I mean everything to young teen girls and maybe some guys. Yeah, Sweet Valley High twins, so check it out. She in the eighties suggested that there should be a TV soap opera that focused around high school drama. That idea got shot down by all the networks, but it led her to create these Sweet Valley High book series.
Speaker 2: It premiered in nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 3: It spawned multiple spinoffs over twenty years, was translated into twenty seven languages, and the series sold one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: Million copies world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never heard of him.
Speaker 3: The cultural phenomenon for girls. I mean this was before think of the success.
Speaker 2: Of like Saved by the Bell and all these teen stuff. She was thinking of that back in the Yenis. We were like, no, that'll never work.
Speaker 1: So is it thought? Do they hold up by today's standards?
Speaker 2: Sweet belly high?
Speaker 3: I know there was like an Investigator series. I mean it was just the only thing you could really read that was relatable when you were younger. I remember my aunt's read them and they gave them to me. Travis Barker isn't just sharing the good vibes of overcoming his fear of flying, which is understandable.
Speaker 2: He's raising some money too.
Speaker 3: So apparently Travis sold a personal boarding pass for eight thousand dollars. It was from a flight earlier this year when he went from Sydney to Perth on a commercial flight. It also features a handwritten message, so he apparently he writes on all his boarding passes. I know, I got angels watching over me, So this is something that'll be donated to charity.
Speaker 1: The eight k hang on a second is Travis Barker and rod Ryan still pronounce their boarding pass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems so paper coffee only.
Speaker 1: Okay, old man river over here. Still cool.
Speaker 5: I usually put it when I get to the airport. Yeah, do you really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I like, I'm always scared that, like my phone is gonna mess up. It never does, but I usually use my phone, but I always have it in my pocket in case.
Speaker 1: I really enjoy the security of having that in my hand.
Speaker 5: The first thing, you go to a little kioska. I got it, all right, we got forty passes, We're going to go.
Speaker 1: I didn't do it this weekend. I just solely relied on my phone.
Speaker 4: But you're like, it's gonna go out, Something's gonna happen, and I'm gonna be stuck here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just want to hold the line. Yeah, I mean I just want to like get in, get out. I don't want to be the problem.
Speaker 2: So definitely use your phone.
Speaker 5: No, you're right, it's like an old man thing.
Speaker 1: But there is nothing more than having that piece of paper in your hand.
Speaker 5: And Travis Barker probably gets his handed to him. I don't know if Travis Barker.
Speaker 3: Brints it out on this plane, he spread it out for him.
Speaker 1: He's just like us.
Speaker 5: He sets the Astros full of the Pirates.
Speaker 4: Last night five the three Josh Hater gave up a three run homer in the top of the ninth that ended up being the difference in that one. They're gonna play Pittsburgh again tonight. It'll be to Brown on the mound for the Stros. First pitch of that game is going to be seven to ten. You can listened to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. The MLB's trade deadline is today at five o'clock hour time.
Speaker 5: Did the Ashers made a move yesterday?
Speaker 4: They sent pitcher Jake Bloss scratched him from yesterday's start. They also sent right fielder Joey Luperfedo and Billy Wagner's son Will Wagner.
Speaker 5: Who was a prospect in the minor league system, to.
Speaker 4: The Blue Jays in exchange for pitcher, you say, Kikuchi, who should help bolster that starting rotation for the Ashers going forward. I'll let you guys know if there's any more trades that happened throughout the show. In the Olympics, Team USA added eight more medals to their total yesterday in Paris, but unfortunately none of them were gold. Some notable highlights from the games yesterday, the US women's basketball team blew out Japan one two to seventy six. Our men's gymnastics team took home the bronze and the team competition, and we also got a silver medal in skateboarding from twenty three year old Jagger Eaton.
Speaker 1: Tessa, did you watch anything last night the Olympics.
Speaker 5: I watched beach volleyball yesterday.
Speaker 1: Okay, whoever is our captain of the men's swimming murphy? Okay, he's the backstroke guy. He came in third. He got a bronze, which is great. But I had never seen somebody shoulders pop so much in my life. I have never seen human shoulders look like that. The guy that won gold and silver didn't look like our guy. He was so broad and I never just these big, round, circular shoulders. It was insane to me. London commented on it, like, look at the side, look at she's like, look at the muscles on that guy. Holy, And I don't know if that hindered him because he's so bulky. I mean, he's a he's an amazing swimmer, but bronze medal. I'd never seen shoulders like that in my life. I know, but I felt like the discussion we had yesterday.
Speaker 5: I want those shoulders, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: And I can't have them because I don't because I don't do that day. Go look up his shoulders. It's it's insane.
Speaker 4: On the sports blog pace today on the Gold Zone, that's my favorite Olympic channel, Scott Hansen injured his hand calling a US metal I think we to watch. I think he was watching the men's the men's gymnastics and the dude and the pommel horse did it and then he slammed his hand on the desk. It's all bleeding. He shows He's like I'm playing through it. Designated for return. It's a pretty funny little picture. He posted twice blog page today.
Speaker 1: All right, what are we doing next?
Speaker 5: Hour?
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary show tickets. We'll hook you up closer to around seven to twenty.
Speaker 9: Houston's rocking alternatives, The Rod The Morning Show from six to ten am ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The buzz letting Crafts fly Away. Welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from a homeroom, Thank you very much Did you pick up your homeroom T shirt yet? There is a Homeroom T shirt in the Rod Ryan Show Care's online store. Appreciate the people that get up early with us. Let's start that that six o'clock hour, right and early or dark and early with us every day. If you want to wait till tomorrow to pick up your shirt, that's fine, I'll allow it. Today Joe Meyer's Toyota have offered up a five thousand dollars to us to go buy backpacks film full of school supplies pass them out to the kiddos. We're gonna do that on Saturday already. So I'm kind of hedging what kind of money I'm gonna make this week, because man, I've been behind all summer long. You guys have been doing a great job. Thank you. I'm I'm just calling on you even harder this week. So I need you tomorrow in the store so that we can get that five thousand dollars from our good friends over at Joe Myers Toyota. All right, there is a homeroom shirt in there, and there's a lot of new shirts. Even Josh Tree, who he's been busting my balls because there's a cake. There's a cake poll question on the X today because it's I think it's cheese cake day. And he always busts my balls about carrot cake. You know who doesn't need carocke?
Speaker 2: The swimmers.
Speaker 1: Or do they remember?
Speaker 2: Do they need all the calories?
Speaker 1: Remember? They to talk about what Michael Phelps eat in the morning and just like twenty five pancakes, yea eggs and bacon and sausage and everything else. Ashley with a night. I was talking about Ryan Murphy. I watched him last night, and I completely forgot all of the advice that the show gave out. Don't look at these Olympic athletes and say, god, I wish I looked like that. You should give yourself a pass and say, hey, listen, that's what they do for a living. Could they do what I spend ten hours a day doing better than me? Probably sitting in front of the talking crap in a microphone, he probably can do better than me. But I looked at him and I said, goly, it was specifically this man's shoulders. He's the backstroke expert. That's his specialty. I believe he took bronze last night. But I said, my daughter even commented, God, look at the muscles on that guy. I had never seen a man's shoulders outside of a professional bodybuilder or whatever. He's got two bowling balls attached to his neck. It's just the definition of those things. They're ridiculous, Ashley with any Ryan Murphy found out he was having a girl after he won his bronze medal whife, heuled up a sign. I did see that moment. Very good, very good listener. Jessica says, I wouldn't mind six picks with Ryan Murphy today on Links and Guests. If you need help, let me know. I mean, I mean, are we just posting a bunch of Ryan Murphy. We just posted a bunch of Ryan Murphy shoulder pictures. Yes, yes, I need help, bro, Yes I need help. It's just backstroke, and every day I think it's just swimming. The swimmer bodies are dumb. They're dumb. They gotta be in the gym, right, Swimming, it's just swimming activates every single muscle.
Speaker 2: It's exhaust I can't I can't found them. The water polo. Yes, it's just too much for my body to even think about.
Speaker 1: They need to do a split screen constantly with the water polo what gold zones. No, No, no split screen specifically for that event. I want water top of water, and then i want underwater cam the whole time. And I'm not being creepy. No, I'm not being creepy about looking at the chicks asses. I'm talking about the activity that goes on under the water. You can't ref that. You cannot ref what's going on. And it's like leg wrestling underneath there, and there's so much dirty crack going on underneath that. That would be a way to watch it. A complete split screen above and beyond and below the water. Oh, it's wild under there is wide scrapped.
Speaker 5: Them with my toes.
Speaker 3: I'd let my toenails grow out and i would scratch them.
Speaker 1: Don't know if they eat. They probably all can eat whatever they want. Happy National Cheesecake Day. There are some cheesecake specials. Schacake Factory, I'm sure has specials.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't be eating a ton of cheesecake, guys. Okay, cheesecake has to be a very special occasion type of thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, does anyone eat a ton of cheesecake?
Speaker 2: The better not be You're gonna be in trouble by.
Speaker 1: Me, Okay, I am probably a twice a year cheesecake guy. How many times do your cheesecake?
Speaker 3: Probably it probably tastes a cheesecake three to five times a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not that not that much.
Speaker 2: But I don't have a hole I would. I can't sit down and have a whole slice of cheesecake.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: I'm sharing.
Speaker 2: I'm putting it in the middle, and everyone's taking a bite.
Speaker 3: Those serving sizes a cheesecake factory. Guys, we're gonna.
Speaker 5: Die if we keep doing that, So it's not good for you.
Speaker 1: So just putting the shine on them today. Happy National Cheesecake Day. You have to pick one cheese, good cheesecake, carrot cake, Oh, don't make me ice cream cake, chocolate cake? What you gotta pick one?
Speaker 5: I think carrot cake is even an option.
Speaker 1: That is so really, I don't like something, so no one else can in the whole world.
Speaker 5: Will not be a top.
Speaker 1: That attitude will get you right in the.
Speaker 3: Mid See, carrot cake isn't as decadent as all those other things.
Speaker 1: You're led to believe that it might be a little healthier.
Speaker 2: Well, no, think of like a chocolate chocolate cake.
Speaker 1: You gotta pick one of our audience. Cheesecake on its day, a tie between carrot cake and chocolate cake, Alex. And then well it's a three way tie carrot ice cream and chocolate cheesecake. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had some cheesecake when I went to New York, shared it, of course, but it was delicious.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what a real New York cheese cake doesn't have. What the Graham cracker crust. A real New York cheesecake is all cheese.
Speaker 5: Yeah, cheesecake iste.
Speaker 2: It's a landslide.
Speaker 1: Yes, I said it's number one, and then it's a three way tie for the other three.
Speaker 5: It's insane. Yes, cheesecake cake and doing nothing, Buddy.
Speaker 1: It's tied with the other three most popular cakes in the world.
Speaker 5: So it's the other one has half of the vote.
Speaker 1: Technically it's a three way tie for second place.
Speaker 5: Okay, rfk, okay, I want.
Speaker 2: Some cheesecake now. I know I was just talking down on it, how we shouldn't have it.
Speaker 1: All right, that's on the this morning. I shouldn't be talking about any of this stuff.
Speaker 2: You have a protein shake. It's just the same.
Speaker 1: On the X at rod Ryan's show, people talking about cake. Rod Ryan show twenty anniversary show tickets on the flip of this break, Oh, I would stick around Rock and Alternative where the rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, the Buzz ninety four or five buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's only Tuesday. So yesterday that couple ad send us an email because what Alex had six picks yesterday? And then I saw you were on these emails too, Alex, Yeah, Rachel, they are okay, no, no, no, that's not done. That's right. It's Jared Cook. So they're at the Olympics, him and his wife. They're like, hey, just check it in, dude, We're at the Olympics. Are you interested in seeing some pictures? I said, yeah, absolutely, So he just kind of send some pictures of them around Paris, and I said, are you guys going to the events? Yeah, a few women's rugby, a few soccer games, hopefully the US women's team win their pools. You've got tickets to the quarterfinals, a bunch of volleyball, indoor and beach rowing, tennis, a couple of days of track swimming, field hockey. Who is doing the Olympics better than that couple that listens to us on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: It's awesome.
Speaker 2: I started following that rugby chick by the way.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, so I knew you would like her.
Speaker 2: She's yeah, she's dope because.
Speaker 3: She gets to some hate online, like people saying like, oh, you honestly don't look athletic and like all this stuff, and she just she just clapping back in the funniest way.
Speaker 1: She's a little thirsty. I've been following her for over a year and she is this just amazing rugby player. She just had like a human highlight reel in the last game. And uh, she just hit a million followers at the beginning of the Olympics, which was what maybe four days ago, She's at one point five million on Instagram.
Speaker 2: On Instagram, yeah yeah, I think she's she's not on TikTok, but she just.
Speaker 1: Hit a million. Now in the four day five days that she's been doing Olympic coverage, she gained another half a million people because of what she's done. And then NBC is embracing her a little bit and they're using her on like photographs and they're really kind of propping her up. Yeah, the women's rugby, they've got such a great chance of winning gold, and she's kind of like the marquee player on that team. It's pretty awesome. Alona Ilna, I don't know where last name mahar Mar, Alana Mar. Yeah, she's a beast. She's a beast. She's funny. She's really funny with her content. What's trending well, I wanted.
Speaker 2: To keep on the Olympics train.
Speaker 3: There's an article that came out that was showing how much countries pay their olympians. The lowest is Australia. If you win a gold medal in Australia, they'll give you the country will give you a thirteen thousand dollars bonus. In the US it's thirty eight thousand dollars. In France it's eighty seven thousand dollars. If you win a gold in Italy, it's one hundred and ninety seven thousand, and in Hong Kong and they will pay you seven hundred and sixty eight.
Speaker 2: Thousand dollars if you want a gold medal. Those are bonuses.
Speaker 5: So I just mixed on it.
Speaker 2: Wanted to mention that you do ye.
Speaker 3: Also remember that Princess Lea's gold bikini was going up for auction. I have the official price that it's sold for one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars. I think we were all way over. Maybe Alex was under, but I think we were all way over on our bets. I don't remember what we had said.
Speaker 1: I don't think we wrote it down, but yeah, you're right. I thought some nerd that like, you know, came into a lot of money, that grew up, you know, Horny tugget On himself to Princess Leiah. I thought that that thing would have gone for half a meal. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also, guys, I know you're very excited about this. The Golden Bachelorette trailer has dropped and Joan Vassos is set to star. She was a standout in The Golden Bachelor, and she is in this promo sharing her ideal qualities.
Speaker 2: She's gonna look for a partner Golden Bachelorette. Guys, that's what's trending.
Speaker 5: Ninety four five of us.
Speaker 1: Still shocking to me the fact that that first couple got divorced immediately and it doesn't taint the franchise at all. Like people that watch that stuff, they don't care that it doesn't work. They just want the weekly drama.
Speaker 3: Not only did it not work with the guy who was the Golden Bachelor, he came out he has he's grimy, like he's grimy.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about it. I just know that they never lived together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like all these like involved in all these weird stories, Like people had all these.
Speaker 2: Weird stories from dating him.
Speaker 3: And I mean, listen, when you're older, you're gonna have Yeah, people are gonna have more stuff to dig up on you in.
Speaker 2: Your life.
Speaker 5: Marriage than the Bachelor does, Big Brother does, Big Brother does. I imagine that's Alex's love show.
Speaker 1: Probably Survivor and everything else. It just blows my mind, isn't it like four couples? If I don't know staying together? I have no idea. I really don't. It's just it's just a terrible the amount, but the amount of I don't think that that couple got married and never lived together. They lived in different states.
Speaker 5: I think to be happy for them, but it's tied to marriage.
Speaker 1: All right, let's give a voice the tickets. I don't why am I talking about something I have no interest in.
Speaker 2: I have a pair of passes.
Speaker 5: We'll break down. Love Island coming back.
Speaker 1: Oh, I swear.
Speaker 2: That's not very popular.
Speaker 3: Ron Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Also something very popular going on at Carbark Brewing October twelfth, Shine Down Glue October Swamp favorite.
Speaker 2: Dead Bend the X Sason more.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is interesting because you can't buy passes that. You can't buy your way in. You have to win your way in.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh caller number ten hot is ticket in town? Seven one three two one two, five nine four five Right.
Speaker 7: Ryan Show celebrating twenty years ninety four five The Buzz ninety four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: That's either and fine again. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Phones are ringing, I'll see you. Ten percent chance of ringing partly cloudy. High of about ninety four. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Oh my god, Good morning Rod. What's Oh my god? Rod? Who is this? This is Kelly, Hi, Kelly. How are you today?
Speaker 5: I'm good?
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm all right? I'm all right. I'm excited about this party. I really am. October twelfth, We're doing a little bash, nothing little about it. A couple of thousand of our favorite people and some of our favorite bands of all time are coming down to do a little acoustic set for us. At the Carbot Brewery. You want to go?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes you got him, You got him. Thank you so much. I'm so excited, Kelly Kats and I'll see you Saturday for the volunteer tip too. I'm so excited. What did you that? What?
Speaker 5: Saturday for?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: I'll be volunteering at the Kid's Backpack with you guys. Oh you're gonna be out there? Nicehillo. How did you hook up with that?
Speaker 14: This with my company?
Speaker 1: I wanted to do something and I heard from you guys about doing it, So I got a group of us together to go go volunteer with you guys. Tessa, here's this. All the time, good things happen to good people.
Speaker 5: Sure, I use that all the time.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that you were volunteering. I didn't know that we're going to see you out there on Saturday. That's amazing, Kelly, you and your guests. Do you know who you're gonna bring? Or is that a decision than my husband? You don't have to take your husband.
Speaker 13: I'm joking.
Speaker 6: I'm excited to you.
Speaker 1: You can't wait to take your husband? Yeah? We just acoustic performances from Shine Down Sublime Blue October they of a dead man the Exies. You can't buy your way in, you have to win your way in. That's exactly what you did. I can't wait to see you. I see you on Saturday too. Okay, Yes, I'm so excited. I'll definitely come say hi.
Speaker 5: Well that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you guys so much.
Speaker 1: You just made my whole week. Thank you, Kelly, thank you. I'm three weeks in a row. My favorite song Number one in the country, Chabooz Chaboozie No. Umber one song in the country, three weeks in a row. I love this damn song.
Speaker 2: I love this song like j kwan.
Speaker 1: Is there any more? Yeah, yeah, I went and listened to it, had a moment. Yeah, I went and listened to it. This is better, This is better?
Speaker 3: He come.
Speaker 1: I love this guy. Has anybody heard another Shaboozi song?
Speaker 5: I think you have never.
Speaker 2: I think he's once life.
Speaker 1: I think he's got an album out, jackass. What do you think He's just got one track over and over again on the album?
Speaker 5: How the artists do it these days? A rap cover?
Speaker 4: Do you like it?
Speaker 5: I mean, it's it's catchy, but it's just another person's song.
Speaker 1: It is Yeah, when I listened to the original, I was like, oh my god, but Li littln.
Speaker 5: Sex walked so Chhaboozie could fly.
Speaker 1: I agree, I will one agree with you, and Little Nassax did not. Was not greeted with how country has their arms wide open for every one right now?
Speaker 5: Well, I still also put out like four more number ones after that.
Speaker 1: Everyone is getting into the country.
Speaker 2: Game, and MGK had a video with Jelly Roll I saw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. And then what you're trying to do is you're trying to latch onto somebody that's already in right, and then that automatically gets you instant credibility. Right, but nobody is rocking it like post Malone right now. Who just said, Okay, I'm gonna put out a country album and it's gonna just blow your socks off and I don't care if you're welcoming me or not. And they are, they're bringing them in the country community is like, okay, you're in your Post Malone. It's just it's crazy to me. Years ago you could never do that. You would be called a phony, you'd be called a poser, you'd be called like, hey, dude, stay in your lane. People are just maybe nicer. Now. I don't know. The Jonas brothers I heard are working on a country album right now. Anybody from the pop world. Everybody wants to get in one country. Yeah, I mean Beyonce, I mean she's gonna be looked at some sort of trailblazer.
Speaker 5: That trail they say, don't say and Dolly Partner are basically the same person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not, but that trail I mean, okay, Behi Beehip, that trail was blazed before she put out a country album and talked about it. That trail was already blazed big time. But it is what it is.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Everybody's trying to get in on it, that's for sure. I mean, you gotta give it a little something to Hoodie too.
Speaker 5: He was early love.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Hoody was Pretti Darius Rutger.
Speaker 5: He already had the sound too, like he was like poppy, fulful voice.
Speaker 4: Pop to country is not as weird as like when you go rock to country to some people you know, or pop is kind of like in between genres.
Speaker 1: They reworked the Deadpool Wolverine numbers, still making it the sixth biggest opening of all time two hundred and eleven million dollars over the weekend, and then I can't believe I caught this because I normally don't look at the TV stuff. Celebrity Family Feud seven o'clock tonight, ABC. I know everyone's watching the Olympics. Daughtry is taking on pop a Roach on Celebrity Family Feud, pover Roach Family Feud tonight, Rod Ryan Show, all right, Ada, Empire upon Empire on.
Speaker 5: The bus, rod.
Speaker 1: Ryan Show Offspring, And that's just us doing what we do. Before that, I was doing what we don't do. I played you a little bit of that Chaboozi song, got a couple of people saying that they like that as well, and Alex said he's only got one song. I know you were being facetious, but I was told you got to listen to the rest of that album, Master Mike Leskowski, remember the big Laskowski who listens to us, Brother Rod, you got to listen to the rest of the Shabboozi album. Most of the songs are really really good.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: I like that Chaboozie song enough. I want to go listen to a little bit more. Number one song in the country three weeks in a row. Uh Chilly chimed in while offering were on. He's like, could you please, if you're gonna be talking about trailblazers, how can you not mention Cowboy Troy? Yeah, thank you, Victoria, Victoria Texas U t aduate.
Speaker 5: Cowboy Troy and Nelly did that.
Speaker 2: It was a country grammar.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then with Tim McGraw, Tim, Tim McGraw's it's all in my head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you might have to go might have to go back to Charlie Pride if you're talking about trailblazers. All right, Well, there you go. There's our country segment today.
Speaker 5: Rock and Alternative, where he used to The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 11: Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Buzz, Rod Ryan's show, Happy Tattooesday. Everybody coming up on a halfway point. We got a ten percent chance of Rain Hartley, Cloudy Skies, High of ninety four. Suburb Summer Sizzler. It's Elizabeth from Brenham taking on Sheila from Kleine Chick Fight eight twenty Suburb Summer Sizzler. Somebody advances in the brackets and that knocks out those two suburbs. Still not too late to sign up to play. I gotta do is hit us up on Tessa? What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: President Biden is pushing for major reforms to the Supreme Court as he marked the sixtieth anniversary of the Civil Rights Act yesterday. He was speaking from the LBJ Presidential Library in Austin, and he called for eighteen year term limits for justices and an enforceable code of ethics. He also proposed a constitutional amendment to limit the broad immunity granted to presidents by a recent Supreme Court decision. Meanwhile, North Carolina, Roy Cooper, the governor there, removed himself from consideration as Vice President Kamala Harris's running mate yesterday, who said he was honored to be considered for the role, saying it just wasn't the right time for North Carolina and for him to be potentially on a national ticket. So that leaves Arizona Senator Mark Kelly, Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro, and Minnesota Governor Tim Waltz. Those are the names reported to be on the shortlist to join the Harris campaign as a vice presidential candidate.
Speaker 1: Shaboozi, what about Shaboozi?
Speaker 2: I thought you were like trying to correct my Shapiro.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, it's Shapiro called Shabouzi number one song in the country right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he does, he crosses over, he's appeals to.
Speaker 5: The masses, leads.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Team USA because they added some more medals, you know, some gold in there. Alex will talk more about that. But we have the fun viral moments from the passave of the Olympics. This whole page makes me so happy. It's a rundown of some of the fun from the passave of the Summer Olympics in Paris. Some of Miles still being amazing, Snoop Dog being everywhere. After winning an Olympic gold in the one hundred meter fly, American Tory Husky invited her teammate Gritchen Walls, who got silver, to stand on top of the podium with her for the national anthem.
Speaker 5: That was a cool moment.
Speaker 3: There was a weird moment during a team handball event where a few fans were shown in the audience.
Speaker 5: They were dressed as the Mona Lisa.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's great, what's that to love?
Speaker 1: But Stephen the guy, the gymnast with the glass, oh.
Speaker 2: The nerd, yes, that's like the specialist on the pommel horse.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he's become the story and the social media around this kid right now. It's awesome. It's there was one that I saw put together and it was just your friend Steve.
Speaker 2: He's just waiting. It was just waiting to execute and like bring glory to the country.
Speaker 1: It was a super cut of all these things and it's like everyone's friend Steve with the glasses. So that's all on that. So the Summer Olympics, like you said you were glad that it was up. I'm down to put it up every day. So some fun viral moments again two days in a row, links and guests.
Speaker 2: Very cool, very cool.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Rolling Stone because a lot of people say, oh, no, you're losing some credibility with this.
Speaker 1: They recently the dumb thing for them to say.
Speaker 2: They recently referred to.
Speaker 3: The hawk Tua girl Hailey Welch as gen Z Dolly Parton the internet is rightfully horrified. Dolly Parton Queen of country music, prolific songwriter, singer, sold over one hundred million records worldwide. She's the America's sweetheart. She's an actress of philanthropist, is soule Icon. And then you have Hailey Welch who said some silly stuff walking home from a bar. Now, Hayley, I will say, she's making the rounds. She has every right to make a name for herself. But what is Rolling Stone thinking compare.
Speaker 14: Her to do.
Speaker 1: It was a really silly thing for that writer to put down. But we're talking about Rolling Stone. It's a silly magazine. Did you say she's doing is she announced the podcast?
Speaker 5: I mean, she's just doing other people's podcast.
Speaker 2: She's on Whinny Commings podcast.
Speaker 3: She was on Bill Maher's podcast, and I think Bill Marer was trying to help her, like plan her future. She okay, I will say she was very funny to me for the first time. Everything I've seen in her, I'm like, okay, this is your Queen America.
Speaker 2: But she was like, I'm a crack baby, and they were like what She's like, Yeah, I'm a crack baby.
Speaker 5: Why you think I'm so funny.
Speaker 3: Apparently she has a tumultuous relationship with her parents, so I'm all for her overcoming all that and you know, getting a little money in her bank account. Ozzy Osborne made nice with Britney Spears. During a recent episode of The Osborne's podcast, the rocker apologized for saying he was fed up seeing her posting dance videos all the time. Then he so he's like bringing out you apology. I'm sorry for making that comment. Then he was like, however, it would be better if you didn't do the same dance every day and change a few movements.
Speaker 1: So he didn't really apologize and.
Speaker 2: Just kind of doubled down on saying she dances weird.
Speaker 1: And the kid that edits the Ozzy Osbourne podcast, he was smart. He used this, Oh my god, they're saying wild crazy things on that Osborne podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I love the Osborne's because to me, they kicked off the whole reality show movement and I appreciate them for that because that's my favorite genre of TV.
Speaker 1: Do you still want to hear from them?
Speaker 2: No, they had their moment back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: If I was all in on them, i'd be. I could give you more details on this podcast, but.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not in a Yeah, they're getting big numbers.
Speaker 7: Though.
Speaker 2: I liked it when Jack and Kelly were like teenagers, you know, like that.
Speaker 3: That was cool.
Speaker 2: They were living in a mansion all together, those reasons I like.
Speaker 1: Jack and Kelly still hanging on for dear Li with Mom and Dad on a podcast now, so all right?
Speaker 4: At its Fund of the Pirates last night five Josh Hater gave up a three run homer at the top of the ninth that ended up being the difference in that one.
Speaker 5: They'll play Pittsburgh again tonight.
Speaker 4: Hunter Brown is gonna be on the mound for the Stros and that one first pitch for that's at seven ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. The MLB's trade deadline is today at five o'clock hour time. The Ashers made a move yesterday, though. They sent pitcher Jake Bloss, right fielder Joey Looper, Fito, and prospect Will Wagner to the Blue Jays exchange for pitcher. You say, Kikuchi, he should help bolster their starting rotation going forward.
Speaker 1: Sports Talk seven ninety at the Coffee Machine today, Yeah, I was told I have nothing to worry about. All those Kyle Tucker rumors should be good. Rod, don't worry about it. Yeah, okay, he said they're never gonna trade him.
Speaker 5: On the pulse.
Speaker 1: You know talking well, because there was a lot of I saw a bunch of that on the internet the last two days, that we're gonna lose, they lose, Kyle Tucker. I'm like, no, we're not. We're in first place. We're making a run, king all right. If we were in last place, Yeah, then you'd be sellers not buyers. Yes, fires at this point, Okay. Thanks.
Speaker 4: On the sports blog page today, James McCanns is the pitcher for the Oriols. He took a ninety five mile an hour basketball to the face yesterdayted to play all blooded up, got back up, went back into the game and finished it up. Pretty crazy if you want to go check that out on the sports slog page day.
Speaker 5: That's hockey tos hockey toss for sure.
Speaker 4: In the Olympics, Team USA added eight more medals to their total yesterday in Paris, but unfortunately none of them were golds. Some notable highlights from yesterday in Paris, US women beat Japan in basketball one O two to seventy six. Our men's gymnastics team took bronze and the team competition for the first time since two thousand and eight. They medled in that one and we also got a silver medal in skateboarding. US leads the overall medal count with twenty total and they have the third most gold medals behind Japan, France, China, Australia and South Korea.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Guys, don't sleep on women's rugby. Let me tell you right now.
Speaker 5: Rugby seventh day awesome.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. Right ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rot Ryan Show. Part of the show pip Hop Potato seven pass the halfway point. Yes, I did say that, and I double checked it. It is correct. Papa Roach is on celebrity family if I can't even say without giggling, Papa Roach is taking on Daughtry celebrity family feud. Now do they have their families playing with them or is it band v band? Because Daughtry is your family has a band, you know, like he take he takes the regular guys out with him. I know that, you know, it's kind of probably a hired gun situation, but I think he has some guys that he's been with for a while, so.
Speaker 4: Makes sense for it to be the whole band. I would have imagine it all also be with his band then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how that works. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be band.
Speaker 1: I mean, name another person in Papa Roach, Jacoby guy, you know he's like, yeah, the Papa Roach guy, Jacoby. You know him. No, he's the singer of the band. His name Jacoby. But yeah, I mean, I damn, I can't name anybody in the band right now. I feel terrible because they're all really nice guys too. So that's that's on tonight. I know everybody's in super Olympic mode. We got all kinds of great Olympic highlights and fun viral moments. I hope to bring you that blog page each and every day if we can generate enough of these things, and if you see something great, send it along to me and we'll add it to it if we miss something.
Speaker 4: But I do.
Speaker 1: I like pushing the Olympics. And then of course iHeart you know. We've all heard now for about a month and a half that we are the official audio partner of the of the Olympics this year, So that's kind of cool for us here locally, a ten percent chance of raining, partly cloudy, high of ninety four. Go outside, go outside, be active today. We were just ranked dead last out of all the Like they looked at the fifty major cities, the biggest cities in America, dead last for outdoor activities. Houston, Texas.
Speaker 2: Bro Yes, it's too hot.
Speaker 5: It's too hot.
Speaker 7: You give it.
Speaker 2: Taking my girl on a walk, your daughter on a walk yesterday during the sun nose.
Speaker 1: Three blocks get inside built different. She bitched about it the whole time too.
Speaker 3: I've her, Well, wait till the sun churts is set and then, okay, I know that we have.
Speaker 1: Just like you said. Buffalo was also on that list, and everyone knows, okay, well, it's cold six months out of the year and there's not a lot of outdoor activities. That's why I go back in the summer. There's fun stuff to do everywhere. I'll tell you what. The people in Buffalo and in western New York, they live their lives, man, and they pack in a whole year's worth of activities in four months because that's all you have. So you go everywhere and every park's got a stage, there's a festival, there's something going on everywhere at all time for four months. You would think that we would be able to make up for it, because we have fairly nice weather the rest of the year. I know it gets Africa hot, but you would think there'd be enough going on here that we would make up for it. Dead last on that list. It's not my list. Okay, it's not my list. It is on LinkedIn guests today. You can go and check that out. I don't know, we need to schedule more things. I mean scheduling thing.
Speaker 2: It's not a people thing.
Speaker 3: The people here are wonderful, we are ready to party.
Speaker 2: It's the heat and when it's not hot, what has it been doing this? The first time I saw the sun this week was yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a very recent thing. You're right, you're right. I don't know that they I'm sure they looked at the metrics of the last year, of the last couple of years, so I mean and then and then I mean.
Speaker 3: Just so on the other side of it, they did say Seattle was the most outdoor friendly.
Speaker 2: And it does rain all the time in Seattle too, So maybe not the excuse I think it is, but just.
Speaker 1: Saying Denver was number two on the list. That was just there, and it's just it's a great place, mountains and all of that stuff. I mean lakes outdoor activities, and they're taking advantage of it. They're taking advantage of it because they've got the mountains so in those cold months, everyone's skiing. So you got around and then it's really nice. You don't have the humidities so many act it was hot. Don't get me wrong, it was hot in Denver this weekend, but yeah, you didn't have that wicked humor that we have. Sorry, Alex humidity. Okay, let me just do a little ketchup here. I wanted to thank Paul Cicero sent me a great picture. He and I don't do this enough because I just my big thing is you getting in there and go into the rod Ryan show Cares online store and spending some money and helping us out because the deadline is looming and looming. I mean that, it is that dark cloud that's following me around. It's like, I got to come up with some money here to pay for these backpacks and school supplies. Houston Children's Charity. We're working with them this weekend. We're going to pass out the backpacks. I'm short on money. They hear me talking about that all the time. They're asking me how short am I said, I'll get back to you. I'm short, just I'm short. I don't have the money this year. So Paul, thank you. The reason why I'm bringing him up is because he knows that right after I'm begging you to go to the store, and now I'm in the point where I'm begging you to go to the store when you get your merchandise. Man, I want to see you guys where of course, you know these T shirts and stuff, so you look amazing. He's got the twentieth year anniversary shirt. He bought the Homeroom shirt, and then he bought the generic ninety four to five the buzz shirt, which the station let me put in the store. So that was very kind of my heart and everybody to kind of move forward on that. So that's the store in the same breath. If you want to wait till tomorrow to go in the store, Joe Meyers Toyota is doing a five thousand dollars match day, So we got a chance to get five grand tomorrow out of Joe Meyers Toyota. If you guys will go and spend all of you cumulatively spend five thousand dollars, I'll get the five grand check from Joe Myers. Toota, that's smile. That's smile. So match today. So I have a big, big day. So I'm okay if you wait till tomorrow to go do your shopping or drop your donation. All right, who wants to sizzle? Apparently we were giving the wrong name out. We still had Brenham locked in. But it's Elizabeth from Brenham. So Elizabeth, don't worry, chill. He came in. He told me he's like, Elizabeth is ready to go. We got to start making sure that it's Elizabeth that's playing. And then Sheila from Klein all right, check fight summer Sizzler.
Speaker 9: After the break, he used his Rock Houston's Alternatives and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show Stenty four or five the Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Oh, Sizzling, Sizzling. I'm ready for the sizzler. I see, we got our competitors ready to go. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain party claude high of ninety four before we sizzle. What's trending?
Speaker 3: There are so many celebrities at the Olympics. There are like tom cruises there.
Speaker 1: It's always like that though, I mean, that's a rich and famous thing.
Speaker 12: To be at.
Speaker 3: Well, I think the fact that it's in Paris is even more like, this is the place to be in an attractive city. Arianna Grande you have, I mean, and then athletes too, you know, Serena Williams is there.
Speaker 1: I saw that she was a part of the ceremonies.
Speaker 12: Who was who was.
Speaker 3: Carrie from Sex and the City, Kerry Bradshaw is it Kerry Sarah, Jessica park Parker and she ran in, she ran into Jennifer Hudson and they were taking pictures at the Eiffel Tower.
Speaker 2: That was really cute. So just a bunch of celebrities at the Olympics. That's a big trend going on right now. Also, our touch es a.
Speaker 3: Blog page that is the number one blog page for The Rod Ryan Show this morning. So even with all the sports trades and everything going up, I mean, the tattooesday is what everyone is actually clicking on.
Speaker 1: I haven't clicked on that yet, all right, yep, yep.
Speaker 3: So that and then you're looking at girls lug page doing well also, So that's what's trending.
Speaker 2: On ninety four five, the Buzz say.
Speaker 1: Hi to a couple of buggirls. Sheyla, good morning, Good morning. How are you? I'm great in yourself? Awesome? Are you ready to kick a little ass? I am all right, Sheila. You're representing Kleine.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay.
Speaker 1: Are you at work? Sound like you're very reserved right now, like trying not to get busted by your boss being on the phone with me. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I'm working from home today.
Speaker 1: Oh you are okay, very good. You're taking on Elizabeth. Elizabeth, I apologize. I think I might have been saying the wrong name earlier. But you're representing Brenham this morning, right, Yes, yes, I am. Did you get nervous? I think I was saying Taylor or something. I had some other name written down for some reason. It was you all along, don't worry. You're in Elizabeth.
Speaker 11: Tell me. Tell me.
Speaker 1: Has there been any practice what you been doing to ready yourself for this matchup today? Well?
Speaker 8: I've been listening to the bus since about high school. Yeah, but since Chili called me last week, I've been really practicing, you know, shouting out my name and getting song names in.
Speaker 1: What about you, Sheila, You've been practicing it all?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, listen, you got three minutes and thirty nine seconds to get your minds right and get ready to show the world your dominance in the suburb Summer Sizzler. Sheila Elizabeth sip tight somers here. I know I saw it on TikTok. Wait you what the rod Ryan Show n ninety four or five? The bus Like, I need to be more amped up to get ready for the suburb of Summer Sissler. And then something like that comes on system of a down toxicity. It's like, jump through this board right here, mafia style. Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. Happy tattooesday, everybody tested. Just set us the number one link. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. Ten percent chance of rain party claudey high of ninety four. Tomorrow is a match day again. I think I could go all week now with new rod Ryan's Show t shirts. I got one of our new shirts on this is the seven one to three. Notice anything, Notice anything about the colors?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 7: Very nice?
Speaker 1: Well, Texans, Oilers, Astros, Rockets, Hometown die over there. Yeah, yeah, listen, there's a lot of time and thought that goes into this. There's a lot of time in thought and ripping off other people's ideas when I come up with these T shirt ideas to sell to you guys. Yeah, I got the seven one three shirt on today. If you haven't checked us out on Facebook live x live, we are live on our YouTube channel. You can see if I look as silly as I sound, and I do nothing over a ten percent chance of rain partly Cloudy's eye high of ninety four Tomorrow match day. If you want to hold off on buying stuff something in the store, I'll give you a pass today Tomorrow. I need you to show up altogether. If I can get you guys to spend five grand, my dear close personal friends at Joe Meyers Toyota will also give us five thousand dollars. Let's says all. Elizabeth says she's been listening to the buzz since high school. I mean, for all, I know, you're twenty years old, and that's like two years, so it's been a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been so I'm thirty, so it's been over ten years.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Thank you, Elizabeth. I appreciate all those years. Uh, and you are representing representing Brenham, the Suburbs. There's not been one person that has lost this game. Just throwing some more pressure on you gals. There's not been one person that has lost that. I didn't hear immediately from the Suburb and said, get him out of here, get him out of here. Why didn't you choose me?
Speaker 11: Rod?
Speaker 1: I could have killed at this game. I imagine Klein feels the same way. Shila. It's just added pressure. It's just added pressure, Sheila.
Speaker 2: I'm it's like it's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people in cline, and you are the one that's representing all of them.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the one I'm doing proud.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. I got Elizabeth, I got Sheila. Alex has songs. I think they've been difficult. Yeah too, I think Sheila, you've been listening to these games. Did you listen yesterday? Did you know that? Don't lie? What was it? Cold War kids?
Speaker 5: Cold Kids first?
Speaker 1: Did you Sheila? Did you know it? Yeah? Screaming? Okay, thank you, Elizabeth? Did you know it? No? Okay, I appreciate the honesty. I appreciate the honesty. This is day six of the Suburb Summer. Sissler Alex has it loaded in and ready to go. I'm listening for Sheila. I'm listening for Elizabeth. Shout out your name when you think you know the band and song title? We need both. Elizabeth, You're good, Sheila, You ready? Yep, let's sizzle. Good luck ladies, Sheila, Sheila.
Speaker 5: Ride three.
Speaker 3: He barely got it.
Speaker 1: Why are you giving me a heart attack?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why didn't you say the band?
Speaker 5: Like you forgot the band for a second, and I was like, are you gonna say the band?
Speaker 1: So she knew it. She said it so fast, she got it. She got in. Sheila, you're the winner of this matchup. Why did you not say the name of the band? Mamma blank?
Speaker 2: It's nervous. She scared us. I scared me.
Speaker 1: I was so unbelievably nervous about what you were doing. I as the winner. All right, you don't have to leave plan yet. But as far as Brenham and the Brennamites, Elizabeth, good luck. Elizabeth chimed in right after Shila too. That was a really good matchup. That was really that was maybe one of the best games. Yeah. I mean I talk about these the competitors of them too. I think we might have heard our best matchup. Hey, Sheila, you are advancing in the brackets and you are another game closer to that five thousand dollars prize. All right, great job today, Thanks you, great job today. That was fun. It was fun.
Speaker 2: That has been the best game I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not going to disagree.
Speaker 2: Corpses and they both maybe knew it.
Speaker 1: Joshua from tom Ball, Heather from Crosby lined up, block and load, ready to sizzle tomorrow at eight twenty Thank you shall Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 7: Rod Ryan Show celebrating twenty years ninety four or five of.
Speaker 1: The bus, ninety four or five of the buzz. That's the band food Fighters. Okay, the band name is food Fighters. You guys all know Dave Growl, but it's a band food Fighters. I'm going somewhere with this. Just give me a second. Good morning everyone, tattooesday. Rod Ryan's show, teen percent chance of rain partly Cloudi's guy's high of ninety four. Why am I talking about the band Foo Fighters. I'm reading this article. It's called the Slow Death of Bands? Now is music in trouble? Wow? If you don't like what's happening on the current charts, I guess you know, you're always in a state of like complaining about new music. I try not to be that. I'm talking about Shaboozi earlier today. But listen to me real quick. I'll just give you kind of like the sportsctter edition of this article. It's called the Slow Death of Bands, and it documents the number of bands that are on the year end Billboard Hot one hundred charts. Now, of course Billboard Hot one hundred is going to be very pop leaning, but they looked at the years two thousand up through last year. In two thousand, the Billboard Hot one hundred, there were twenty nine bands at the end of the year that made the chart. Okay, okay, what else is on the chart rod solo artists? Okay. So that's the big difference what we're looking at here. So in twentsyand there was twenty nine bands. In twenty and thirty two bands made the list. That was its peak. In twenty sixteen and twenty seventeen, twelve bands made the list, In twenty twenty two, three bands made the list, and last year the Billboard one hundred at the end of the year only two bands were in the top one hundred. Everything else was a solo artist. It's the death of pop bands.
Speaker 2: For the bands cos.
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't have it. I don't have it. I think Old Dominion was one of them, it's a country band, and the other was Oh, here you go because of last Christmas. Wham was the other band that made the year end list. Because you know who makes this list every year, Mariah Carey. Yeah, because of the all the like the Sonnies of the world. They play the hell out of Mariah Carey that that puts around the year end list for most spins, it's solo artists. And look what happens. Look at some of the biggest solo artists we have, They've come from bands and they're like, I got to break out of this boy situation. Now I got to you know, I got to be I got to be a solo guy. Justin Timberlake. You know, it's just one example the death of bands. I believe it. Yeah, I believe it. It's just it's solo artists. It's I don't need these other people. I want to do it on my own. I want all the money I want.
Speaker 3: You know, I think it's not only that, but getting five people to agree to every decision probably slows the process.
Speaker 2: Down well, and the decision making is not easy.
Speaker 1: I won't disagree, but I will also say that now we are in such a manufactured situation. You can say, oh, Rod, it's always been this way, but bands used to get together in a garage and start making music. Now people are making music and they're saying, Okay, you got a lot of TikTok followers, let's make you a star.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's it's more manufactured than ever I think. And it's easier to manufacture one person that it is to manufacture a whole band.
Speaker 3: That a whole boy band era, that girl band, those were all you know, those are being turned out too.
Speaker 2: Those were manufactured as well.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the death, the slow death of bands, boy, it might be a real thing. If you want to read the article, I have it on the music blog page today. It's really interesting.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. All right, guys, coming up on the last hour still big man. You know we're counting down in the first five rows for the third Eye Blind Show. The Summer Gods tour is in town Saturday. We have fourth row tickets today, tomorrow, third all the way through Friday's front row tickets. All right, so fourth row tickets for third Eye BLINDE. Got to make sure all the numbers are in the right spot there for the show Saturday night coming up at ninety ten. Chris Stapleton tickets on the show. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today part of the Clouds Guys Hi up ninety four one final time testa Houston's headlines Please.
Speaker 3: President Biden is pushing for major reforms to the Supreme Court as he marks the sixtieth anniversary of the Civil Rights Act. While speaking from the LBJA Presidential Library in Austin, Texas, Biden called for eighteen year term limits for justices and an enforceable code of ethics.
Speaker 2: The FBI says they have more details on the.
Speaker 3: Steps gunman Thomas Crooks took leading up to his assassination attempt on Donald Trump. According to investigators, Crooks used aliases to make more than two dozen online purchases of firearm related products beginning in the spring of last year.
Speaker 2: They say Crook's also used.
Speaker 3: Assumed identities to buy chemicals from the Internet in order to make bombs.
Speaker 2: This is all according to officials. Houston is dead.
Speaker 3: Last, let me just start by saying a lot of people think you need to venture out into the middle of nowhere to enjoy the outdoor lifestyle because you aren't experiencing any outdoors activities by vacationing in Times Square. So ourv share they share a report that says, look, we're going to tell you the most outdoor friendly American cities, and these are the metropolitan.
Speaker 2: Areas that at least have a million people in them.
Speaker 3: So this is fifty two areas were determined on public parks, nights, people spent, RV camping, glamping, nature based spaces, spaces, membership and outdoor groups, outdoor friendly views, access to trails and wilderness. With that said, Seattle was named the most outdoor friendly city. Denver was a close second, followed by Grand Rapids, Michigan. The rest of the ten least outdoor friendly cities are Rochester, New York, Hartford, Connecticut, Milwaukee. List and I'll just skip to the very end.
Speaker 1: Of the list. Five Houston, five of the bottom ten. Buffalo's in there. Cold weather cities. Yeah, five of the bottom ten, but us being dead last, this is not the kind of list you want to show up on. This is not It's like when we finally make a national list, it's like, okay, welcome to Mudsville again.
Speaker 2: You know who has the most Roaches' Like we're number one.
Speaker 1: For years they put out that fattest city. It was like the most unhealthy city. Houston was on that list because there's so many damn but the metrics that you got to look at what they use, like you went through it all. Here's what they looked at. That fat list that Men's Help would put out every year. It's because we have so many damn restaurants. It just assumed that, Okay, we all those restaurants, you gotta be fanties to go to them.
Speaker 3: Speaking of restaurants Week starts next month, and I'm very excited about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But as you need to.
Speaker 5: Get outdoors more, you gotta go it.
Speaker 3: Say fifty seven percent of Americans still crave more time outside. They don't feel like they get enough time in nature.
Speaker 2: I'm in there.
Speaker 1: We got to get out more people.
Speaker 3: Francine Pascal is the woman behind the best selling and beloved Sweet Valley High young adult books. She has passed away. She died Sunday in Manhattan at the age of ninety two years old. This is a series that premiered in nineteen eighty three. It spawned multiple spin offs over twenty years. It was translated into twenty seven languages and so sold more than one hundred and fifty million copies worldwide. Rip Francine Pascal. Travis Barker isn't just sharing the good vibes of overcoming his understandable fear of flying, but he raised some money to Travis sold a personal boarding pass for eight thousand dollars. It was from a flight earlier this year, when he went from Sydney to Perth, Australia on a commercial flight. Apparently Travis always writes the same handwritten message on all his boarding passes.
Speaker 2: He writes, I know I got angels watching over me.
Speaker 3: It's unclear who the lucky buyer is, but a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Loss but not Forgotten, a teen adoption agency that helps families in me. There's a picture of the boarding pass on the music blog page. Those are Houston seidlines.
Speaker 1: Like Travis Barker, I pron out my boarding pass. But you know what I don't have. I don't have a pen to write myself a message on it. No pen, I don't carry a pen. What am I? What A in twelfth grade?
Speaker 2: Probably everywhere?
Speaker 1: Got a pin in my back pocket at all times.
Speaker 5: I don't have traveling you know, just you don't carry a pen with you. No, I always have a pen in my backpack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably even no book too.
Speaker 5: I got a.
Speaker 1: Gambling Probably I do have a pen in my backpack.
Speaker 6: If I had to look, you haven't really had to write step down sharpie something something to Okay, that's silver sharping case somebody wants a black T shirt signed nice.
Speaker 5: If I have a silver shark, I have a silver.
Speaker 1: Sharpie on me. I'm my backpack. I'm gonna go look right now, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Astros funder the Pirates last night five the Three, Josh Hayter gave up a three run homer in the top of the ninth that ended up being the difference in that one. They'll play Pittsburgh again tonight, hunder Brown. It's gonna be on the mounain for the Stros in that one. First pitches at seven to ten. You can listen to it on our sister station Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: We have a lens wipes in here to keep my glasses clean, nice purel hands sand very good. Got some loose change in there. I got some never know kind of gross. I have like some flossers that are just like loose leaf.
Speaker 4: I do that.
Speaker 1: So just flosterhs that are go in my teeth, him in the bag that are yeah, no, these are rolling around raw dog and everything. Go ahead, please, I'm still looking for a tense trade.
Speaker 4: Deadline is today at five o'clock hour time. The Aswers did make a move yesterday that they sent pitcher Jake bloss Right, Fieler, Joey Leep Braffido and prospect Will Wagner to the Blue Jays in exchange for Pittery.
Speaker 5: You say, Kikuchi, we.
Speaker 1: Got this in my bag?
Speaker 5: You know Canadian money?
Speaker 1: Of course you do. I have a five dollars Canadian bill in my bag for you when you go back home.
Speaker 2: Make a run for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need order half a dime bag. Go ahead. What else?
Speaker 4: In the Olympics, t a I had an eight more met to their total yesterday in Paris, but unfortunately none of them were gold. Some notable highlights from Paris yesterday. The US women's basketball team blew out Japan one O two to seventy six. Our men's gymnasts took bronze in a team competition. We also got silver in skateboarding from twenty three year old Jagger eating Jagger eating Women's rugby did just you lose to New Zealand in the semi finals, so they'll play for bronze later. The US leads the overall medal count with twenty. They have the third most gold with three. On the sports blog page today, you got to go check out the fencer from Egypt, na a Jfes. She participated in the Olympics despite being seven months pregnant. I was pretty crazy. Then Snoop Dogg announcing the bad minton rally. That was absolutely electric. Go check that out sports blog page today.
Speaker 1: I mean, you'd be thinking I'd be getting hounded for autographs everywhere I go in my bag three so I do so. Yeah, that's probably still from the last buzzfest your friends jam all right, I do have a pen on me now.
Speaker 11: Alternative and Home of the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: The buzz you have to do it ninety four and five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. That's the great Guns n' Roses and Welcome to the jungle. Do you know where you are? It's The Rod Ryan Show on a tat Tuesday, right here on ninety four five. The Buzz ten percent chance of rainbow today and tonight. Nothing over that partly cloudy hies of around ninety four. Summertime weather finally here. Dry summertime weather finally here with us. This week, we're kind of down to the first five rows for the third Eye Blind concerts Saturday night. I've got fourth row tickets coming up for you. In just a little bit. We're gonna leave you with some Chris Stapleton tickets. I'm modeling another one of our shirts. This is one of the great shirts that are available right now in the Rod Ryan Show Cares Online story. You're like, Rod, it's radio. No, it's a totally immersive, interactive experience. Now, okay, this is not just radio. It's that same guy that says, well listen, is it's still really a thing, Rod, I go give you your phone. That's a radio. Okay, that phone of yours, that's a radio. You can take us everywhere with you. So yeah, you can see the shirt that I'm wearing. We're live right now on Facebook. Hello everybody on Facebook. I think that seems to be our biggest audience. Well, another YouTube channel is actually doing quite well. I'd like you to follow us on all that stuff. Please to drop a little smash the subscribe button or something. Whatever the kids say, and then I think we're on TikTok. I'm sorry. We're on the X right now where our pole question dominated today. Our pole question dominated because it's National Cheesecake Day. Cheesecake. Out of the four selections that you have, the biggest, The biggest crap that people are giving me is I didn't include trace Lay Chase in there. There's only four, would it be bigger? You know I'm putting carrot cake in there, so I don't want to hear it, Alex, turn off your mind. Cheesecake was going to be in there because it's National Cheesecake Day. I'm putting carrot cake in there. Shut your hull. Ice cream cake and chocolate cake would.
Speaker 5: Have been way better than carrot cake.
Speaker 2: Great American cookie cake.
Speaker 5: Forty Olympics, Wow cookie cake or ca cake? Cookie cake gets like.
Speaker 1: I'll do that pull question tomorrow and then nothing but cakes all the time. I'll have the X shut your hole for you. It's fine, Okay, it's fine.
Speaker 2: This is the worst day to not have a snack.
Speaker 1: Trace lay Chase should have been in there. No over cookie cake, trace light Chase.
Speaker 2: Who's giving who's giving you a crap about that?
Speaker 1: Somebody that likes tray la cheese?
Speaker 2: Right, So so anyway, moving on.
Speaker 1: Okay, so those are your four options. Forty seven percent of you say cheesecake is number one out of the four given choices. Carrot cake is holding strong with carrot with chocolate cake okay. Chocolate cake is the number one cake in America.
Speaker 2: Alex, Yeah, what about crimbrew leg cake?
Speaker 5: Okay, it's way, way, way higher than carrot cake.
Speaker 1: Okay, but on our pole it's holding steady. They're both at around nineteen percent. Velvet in there, yeah, red Velvet's number two. Are not just.
Speaker 2: Chocolate but red?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, just vote for chocolate. Why is everyone being so weird? Isn't it just like chocolate but not chocolate cake?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's literally you know how many velvets had to die?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Velveteen rabbits?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, your cake fat.
Speaker 1: People do like their cheesecake. It is the day and there are some specials on the food blog Pagte today.
Speaker 2: Every time you say cheesecake, I get another chin, like every time. It's so fattening.
Speaker 1: Is it the best?
Speaker 2: Why is it available to us? Yeah, it's really good, and it's not the best.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good though. You said you had one in New York.
Speaker 5: Yeah it was amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: At what type of place did you get? Just a restaurant.
Speaker 2: I got it from like a corner deli.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, it was just there and I said, you know.
Speaker 2: What I got to sell. I gotta see she can see her salad a wrap. And at the last minute Audible said, couldn't put that cheesecake in that.
Speaker 1: New York can do some cheesecake, that's for sure. Two guys an article to their wives yesterday. I guess you do like to live dangerously fellas yesterday. I think you had even mentioned this because you kind of went through a couple of things that that. Looking at girls blog page, there's always articles on there. There's always interesting articles and then you know the latest, you know, pop tarts and stuff like that. But birthdays are always on there. But a couple of guys took my advice because I said, be sure and tell your wives about this fellas. A study found that women who don't have sex at least once a week, Yeah, are seventy percent more likely to die in the next five years. Now, I know there's just from doing what we do and working so long now with the radio wizard, there is so many different ways to dice those numbers up. But it's a true statement. I'll repeat it and then and then, guys, if you want to go back and grab the article yesterday's looking at girls women specifically, And I know you gotta say, what about the guys.
Speaker 2: Look at this study right here, women touching themselves plenty.
Speaker 1: Women who don't have sex at least once a week are seventy percent more likely to die capital letters in the next five years.
Speaker 3: Get after it, man, Wow, get you regret being abstinate for lent one time?
Speaker 5: Mount up?
Speaker 1: Okay, what are you giving away?
Speaker 2: I have a chastity belt.
Speaker 3: No, I let's see nine a fourth road pair of fourth row tickets to see third eye blinds. Yes, should give way fifth row today's row number four yellow card Arizona on this bill, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yellow card Alex Yellow Tick, you and your Boddy on Ocean Avenue and your cargo shorts and your skateboards.
Speaker 2: Nobody's cookie cake, nobody want hand me, Nobody gets me.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: You and me, Man, We're gonna escape. We're gonna get out.
Speaker 5: Things could be better.
Speaker 1: I'll tak caller number ten if you are if you want to get in the fourth row for that show Saturday Night seven one five five Man Rock and The rod.
Speaker 9: Ryan Morning Show six Am, The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys so much for hanging with us. I'm gonna send it over to Alex in just a second, but first over to the phones here, Good morning, Hello, well hello, who's this am? I call her number ten. It's a good Oh my god, I thought you were Oh you were trying to do like a Robbie. You are caller number ten, number ten, Hello, all right? Or the big the big chevy guy from Varsity Blues Collar number teen? Congratulations, George? Where are you from?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Cypress on the ticket winning board today? What are you giving them?
Speaker 3: You will get a pair of tickets to the fourth row seats at the third Eye Blind.
Speaker 2: Concert congratulations and awesome. Okay, Saturday night, you better go.
Speaker 1: I will who all right, my brother, thank you so much for listening. George, have a great time at that show. All right, man a lot tomorrow on the show. Third Row tickets Thursday, Second Row Friday, Front Row tickets online, Kid's Alex Online ninety four five The muzz. I've got two people that have won tickets that have tried to trade them in. Hey, you know I won this find if I trade those in for twentieth anniversary shows, I'm like, no, it doesn't work like that. Okay, Alex, what you got?
Speaker 4: Well, if you've been watching the Olympics like I have, you know that every time they come back from a commercial, they show some French thing and they're like, check out this. This is some word in French that you don't know. But it's like some like tourists attraction that I've never been to.
Speaker 5: I've been.
Speaker 4: I was born in the greatest country in the world, America. I don't see why I should leave it. I'm not gonna go to France to check it out. But with today's say, well you can go to virtual tour of France. Be like you're so you're not opposed to virtually traveling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I will virtually travel. I will not leave and go anywhere.
Speaker 4: So I'm I'm about to head down to the catacombs the French category.
Speaker 2: Care for us.
Speaker 5: You got a three sixty view.
Speaker 4: You just turn your you either use your finger move it around in the screen or just use your mouth and you can look around everything and do a full tour.
Speaker 5: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Bring a sweater, it's a little chili down there.
Speaker 4: Don't need one here, luckily, because it's a virtual tour. Okay, the Arc, the Triumph, the Eiffel Tower during the day, the Eiffel Tower at night. You could do whatever. This Saint Chappelle is back for tower, Yes, the Saint et Dumal, Yeah that is. That's probably your favorite French thing.
Speaker 1: No, but you just americanized. I thought you were going to go for the French thing on the Arc.
Speaker 14: Dy, Yeah, you go check that out with the one pregous Rid Ryan showpages Buzz dot.
Speaker 1: Com appreciate that virtual tour. We'll stay right here in the good ol us of a.
Speaker 7: The Right Right Show celebrating twenty years ninety four.
Speaker 1: Or five of us ninety four to five. The Buzz good morning, rot Ryan's show that is Shinedown Don't Die. And you know, it's hard to play one of these bands that are going to be performing acoustically at our twentieth anniversary show without just thinking about how amazing it's going to be. I've seen Shindown do an acoustic set before several times. They've done it in studio with us live. They've done it when we used to do those little mini concerts at the station. I don't know why we don't do those anymore. Oh we don't have the room. But Brent and Zach from Shinedown are going to be at the Carbok Brewery on October twelfth, and I believe they're going to go on last. I don't have I think they're going on last. October twelfth. The whole damn thing starts at three o'clock. You have to win your way in and again this week, Jeremy, Teresa and caroent Lee will all have opportunities for you to win tickets. Okay, and that is the hottest ticket in town right now. And there are some hot tickets in town for sure, none bigger than this because you can't buy them, and that creates the Fomo Joe Meyer's match day tomorrow. That's why I'm not beating you up too much about getting in the rod Ryan show Cares online store. I do need you in there. If you need to donate, if you need to buy something today, please please go ahead. But I could use you tomorrow for sure to hit up the store if you've been saving yourself up and there's gonna be some new merchant there. There's gonna be some brand new things that are gonna go in there. And I know it's the last minute thing, but I wanted to make people that have already shopped. I want to give you another reason to go in there and go check it out. So that's gonna happen tomorrow. Summertime hot down August first is this week. Yes, a new study of parents with school age kids, they say that August first, they know it's coming. That is peak boredom for children during the summer break. Kids just don't know. I don't remember. I can't tell you the last time. This is honest to God, like you could give me an all good for you. You can load it up all you want. I don't remember the last time I was bored.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can be. I don't even think you're allowed to be bored now.
Speaker 5: I just don't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know how to do it. There's always something to do. There's always something for me to do, that stuff that I love. Either it's just catching up on things, or it's like go fix this finally, or go do this, or clean the garage, go powerwashed something. I don't I can't tell you the last time I was bored.
Speaker 3: I think you're in the category, and I think I'm in this too, of like, can't really sit still.
Speaker 4: No, I would when when Barrel happened we lost power, Like it got dark that first night.
Speaker 1: That I'm pretty bored.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't have anything to watch on my iPad. There's nothing I can do right now, Like it's dark, it's too dark to do anything.
Speaker 12: What do we do?
Speaker 5: So we just went to bed? Okay, Yeah, that was probably the last week. The only time I asked you, i've been.
Speaker 1: Boys so August first is peak boredom in my house. You were not allowed to say that out loud. I'm bored, there's nothing to do. My mom would immediately, I'll give you something to do, my mom, I will give you something to do. And then if you were in my house during summer and maybe you're you're watching like some cartoons, you're doing whatever you're doing in the morning, it's great, you know, it's it's summertime. The kiss of death was that vacuum cleaner coming out if my mom was cleaning. Do you think my mom was vacuuming around us? Hell no, If the if the vacuum cleaner came out, if she saw you, you were pitching him. You had to get out of that house. You had to get out. You could be out all day. My mom didn't check out me. I'm on my daughter all day. You're not drinking enough water. You're not doing this. Did you eat? Let's get a snack. I left my house at eight o'clock in the morning and I came back in five for supper.
Speaker 2: You're like checking in with the streets punching in.
Speaker 1: I just put a post up in this in your parents didn't know where you were. I crossed two state lines when I was probably thirteen fourteen years old to go get fireworks in Ohio. I went through Pennsylvania to get to Ohio to get fireworks and drove back made it home for supper. Soon My parents thought I was just playing in the fields in the building a fort.
Speaker 2: In this report, it's saying that kids are bored right now.
Speaker 1: That's what peak boredom, and all kids get bored. I'm not You're just a dope. Bad for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not bad for you to be a little bored.
Speaker 1: But August first is coming, and that's where parents dress out. Parents dressed up. My mom didn't care if I was bored. Parents want to be cool.
Speaker 2: Way to beat No, that's the way to be. Like, listen, if you're bored, that's your problem.
Speaker 5: To solve your own problem. Yeah, critical thinking, go for it.
Speaker 1: Parents don't want to do that. They're scrambling. Parents take kids to five attractions on average during the summer to keep the kids entertained. They spend an average of just four hundred dollars on them. So today's like one of our last days. So I told her that we hadn't gone to the aquarium yet this summer. Yeah, pet and the stingrays and doing all of that, and I usually save that for like the end, one of the last things we do locally here. She really still enjoys that, So, uh so we're gonna do that. Because I get it for the whole month in August.
Speaker 3: First, I understand you're trying to get in a lot of activities, but like if I don't know, I just you know, when my mom had the kids, both of them.
Speaker 2: In the air word, I'm like, that's not on mom, that's not on mom. To solve your little boarding problem.
Speaker 1: They figured out people with kids want their kids to think that they're cool kids.
Speaker 5: Guys, their kids.
Speaker 2: What are they going to review you on Yelp? A true five stars for my mom?
Speaker 14: Too bad?
Speaker 1: Still know when you have care about that? They didn't want to be your buddy. They had no problem telling you no. They had no problem embarrassing you in front of your friends. They had no problem.
Speaker 2: Yes, kids need parents, not friends. They have their friends guys.
Speaker 1: All right, kids? Are you know what I learned about this band recently? Loving spoonful the name of the band? Any idea? What's in that? What is that? Spoonful of heroin?
Speaker 2: Maybe no sugar?
Speaker 1: I could let you keep guessing.
Speaker 11: What is it?
Speaker 1: Any guesses? It's one of them. It's one of three bands. It's one of three bands, one which I have my own hypothesis about. There's a band back in the seventies called ten CC's So think about the volume of ten CC's The Loving Spoonful. And I'm not fully convinced that Pearl Jam is still kind of fooling us with their name. Any ideas what I'm talking about now.
Speaker 2: Is it sexual very, I'm dead guessing.
Speaker 5: I don't want to play anymore.
Speaker 2: Alice, you're up, Alex here up. Your kids are bored.
Speaker 1: Look it said that we release about a spoonful loving I'm checked out. The song that your parents have been listening to. It's about magic milk. The buzz ninety four, The buzz, It's happening. It's happening. It's in heavy rotation right now in the videos at my house. That song right there, Nickelback, how you remind me? That's right up there with Juicy Jay and Bang Bang into the Room. I mean it's it's played right along with all of those songs right now. Talking about my daughter and I watching YouTube videos. That's one thing we do during the summer. We will do that for a little bit. That's that replaces there's no screen time. There's zero screen time as of right now. That's another thing that we were talking about, the study where kids are reaching that peak boredom. August first is like the day where parents have just had enough because their kids are just like I'm bored, Like ah, I deal with it, like you said, the screen time amant of screen time that goes up. I don't know. We just wait. That's not something it's gonna happen. I'm not better than anybody. It's gonna happen. It's just not happening yet though. We're not doing it yet. Bang down ten percent chance of rain. That's it partly Claudi's guys, high have ninety four today, match Day tomorrow Joe Myers match Day, got a chance to do a ten thousand dollars day five from the great people over at Joe Myers Toyota and five from you guys, which I'm begging. I'm begging right now. So yeah, please, if you haven't checked out our merchandise yet, man do a little pre shopping and get ready to drop some dough in there tomorrow to really kind of help us out. All right, tickets, we got great tickets, nothing but great tickets on the show today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in all week these Chris Stapleton tickets.
Speaker 2: He is on an all American road show at Minute Made Park.
Speaker 3: He has Miranda Lambert and Grace Potter opening up for him August twenty fourth, and we've got a.
Speaker 2: Prayer to the tickets of the show.
Speaker 9: All right, we will have a question for you on the Flip Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Welcome Back nine fifty three. Let's go, Let's do it. La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la Chris Stapleton, Minute May Park August twenty fourth. Tickets on sale at ticketmaster dot com. Win them from us all week. Here's your opportunity. Let's go.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we've been talking a lot about the Olympics. Rod said he wishes there was a split screen for which Olympics sport? Yeah and yeah and why and we'll explain that, but you just got to tell us the Olympic.
Speaker 1: Sport a full time I know they show that angle or that view, but a full time split screen I think it would bring in way more people to watch that event. Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. If you know the show, twenty.
Speaker 7: Years of Meg m in the Morning with the run Ryan Show only on ninety four five of us.
Speaker 1: Good Morning Rod Ryan Show. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rampart of the Claudie Guys ninety four will be the high today. Let's go give away some tickets here, come on, no time for this show on ninety four five The buzz La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la. I think it's a hard question today. Good morning, Good Morning Ryan Show. Yeah, Hello, Hi, Hi, what's your name? Jesus, Welcome to the show. How are you? Are you great now that you're ron, I was hoping you were going to get through today. Uh, Tessa, this is hey Zeus. Ask him, Hey, zeus?
Speaker 2: What Olympic sport? Does rod think there should be a permanent split screen.
Speaker 7: On water Polo?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah. The the activity that's going on subsurface, it's the best. It is awesome. The battle royale that's going on, and you get everybody looks like they're kind of behaving above the water of the man underneath. They're kicking, they're doing all kind of grabbing. It's awesome. Exact Hey Zus is the winner. What are you giving them?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go and give you a pair of tickets to see Chris Stapleton and Been a May Park. That's gonna be a hell of a show with Maria Lambert and Grace Potter. Congrats, all right, congratulations, dude.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 10: I have never won here.
Speaker 1: It was the first time caller litan since twenty thirteen. Okay, you've never won. You've never even tried to win.
Speaker 8: I got two things out of I've tried to win, and I've been calling these past few years and it's just hard to get through.
Speaker 1: But finally the guy to do. Do you feel like it got more difficult when Chili showed up to get through it?
Speaker 5: Probably?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I used to get through all the time, and then Chili got there, and I don't know, I just couldn't get through anymore. All right, congratulations, man, have a great time at that show. Thank you, thank you, man, thank you. I'm glad you find it one. I love you too, Matt, and I mean it. I mean it when I say it. Kenny to cash Man defeated Smoke Show Carla for his second win today. She came in just guns of blazing two man. So he's going to be complaining his way to game number three tomorrow. Again, he hasn't really complained much because he's winning. It's not until he loses that he blames everyone but himself.
Speaker 5: He did miss a question and admitted that he did not bless him first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was weird because he was almost a little complimentary the day before too. We're so it might be a I Kenny, Right, Kenny ruled out all right. Tat Tuesday was the number one link today. Olympic blog did very very well. Oh, cheese cake number one. Cheese cake. You had limited options, four options today today is.
Speaker 2: National but somehow carrot cake wasn't there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had three and carrot cake ex.
Speaker 1: Actually, today is National Cheesecake Day. Given the four options, if you must pick one, forty six percent of you said cheesecake, Twenty one percent said chocolate seventeen, carrot fifteen ice cream cake.
Speaker 2: Yeah sure.
Speaker 1: Sheila from Klein beat Elizabeth from Brenham. Today in the suburb Summer Sizzler. Tom Ball plays Crosby tomorrow at eight twenty. You can still sign up thanks to our friends over at Sheell Federal Credit Union. Pony up the six grand for the Suburb Summer Sizzler wild Card Wednesday Tomorrow. Match Day with our good friends over at Joe Myers Tomorrow. I'm gonna try to get five thousand dollars out of you guys to match the five thousand dollars that Joe Myers will give us. All right, more twentieth Anniversary passes on the NonStop Noon or Today with Jeremy. He gives you a chance to pick tickets. I think that's in the choices today Teresa and Cara Lee will all have rod Ryan Show twentieth in our grocery show tickets to give away the rod Ryan Show care Story. You want to do a little pre shopping, go look today, Boom, there's gonna be some new merchant there tomorrow. Follow us on all socials at rod Ryan's Show and go USA Olympic Olympics all dead and what are you watching right now?
Speaker 5: I got double box of water Polo and sailing on.
Speaker 1: Nice even us or no US is in both?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 1: Good? All right, that's it. Come on in here, Jeremy. We're on a twenty hour break. We're gonna do it all again. We'll have some fun tomorrow as well, amp well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 13: Check it out on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.