Speaker 1: It's Nice Eyes Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: We are talking about the pardons, the pardons that were extended both by President Biden and by President Trump. But we're focused tonight on the January sixth pardons of the sitting President Donald Trump. And there apparently are some who have simply received clemency, which is different than a pardon. A pardon is the more the record is in effect wiped clean. There's one woman tonight who was convicted, actually pled guilty, said she's not accepting a pardon. I'm looking at an article written by John You, who I respect immensely. He's a professor of law the University of California, and he is also talking about the number of pardons and commutations that President Biden and granted eight thousand in fact, which is more than any modern president. He writes, thousands of Biden's clemency grants were to serious criminals, including murderers, child killers, child abuses, and the biggest municipal and bezzlers in history Rita Krundwell. Several of the grants benefit well connected Democrats. In both twenty and twenty twenty two and twenty twenty four, Biden abused his pardon power to achieve mass sentencing reductions that Congress refused to pass by law. President Obama did the same thing when he issued mass commutations of drug sentences. Secondly, it's obviously not principal politics that drove Biden's pardons. Biden's post election death row commutations did not follow his self proclaimed opposition to the death penalty, and he left three men on death row who commutations would have politically harmed Democrats. He did not commute the sentences of the Boston bomber, the murder of nine Black church Gohis and Charleston, and the murder of eleven worshipers at a synagogue in Pennsylvania. Biden's alleged opposition to the death penalty also did not prevent dj from filing capital murder charges against Luigi Manzioni, the guy who shot in the back of the back the healthcare professional in New York in early December. So there's a lot of hypocrisy going around. But I'm going to take and focus my fire tonight on President Trump, and as they say, I think that that for him to pardon anyone who assaulted a police officer, Capitol police officer flies in the face of what he purports to believe, and that is to back the blue. And look, there's a lot of his actions in the last in the last what sixty hours, He's only been president for what, well, yeah, about sixty hours actually when you think about it, Tuesday and Wednesday forty eight plus the twelve on Monday. And a lot of executive orders, some of which I think were long overdue, and it's dueling orders where he reversed orders of President Biden. But I just think too, he's obviously he feels I assume Trump feels guilty. Maybe as a human being, he feels guilty that he brought those people to Washington and exhorted them to march up to the Capitol. Maybe he feels guilty. But now you do not commute sentences pardon individuals who have attacked police officers. In my opinion, let's get back to the call. It's going to go to Bill and Quincy. Bill, you've been very patient. I appreciate your time waiting. You waited much longer than anyone else because you had to wait through the news. You're next one night.
Speaker 3: Sager, right, head Bill, Yeah, Dan, I'd backed the police all the way and would Trump. I'm sure they're going to review those, you know, tapes on who was salted who the police? And how about that crop that shot that Ear Force girl right in the face.
Speaker 2: Oh well, yep, I'm listening to you. I'm you know, I do what a lot of talk shows don't do. Talk shows don't do as I like to listen to my callers. If you took the time to call, well, you got a couple of things going on here. I think that was overreaction by that particular Capitol Police officer. Nothing has ever come of that, although obviously a new Justice Department could look at whenever you have a homicide and if particularly if it's characterized as a murder, if it was unnecessary, there's no statute of limitations. I don't think that Joe Biden extended a pardon to to that it was a plain close Capitol Police officer that shot Ms. Babbitt.
Speaker 3: She was an Air Force Air Force girl. She was a veteran in the Air Force.
Speaker 2: She was an Air Force veteran. Correct, he's an Air Force veteran, as were some of the Capitol Police officers who assaulted. I just I'm with you when you say we backed the Blue. I don't feel that Donald Trump did the right thing in terms of pardoning or granting clemency to the most serious of these protesters.
Speaker 3: They were going to review those tapes. I mean, he's probably.
Speaker 2: He's issued there's no review involved bill. He issued the pardons. They had four years to review the cases, and they could have said, look, this guy hit a hit three police officers with baseball bats with a baseball bat, service time, service time. This couple, they were an elderly couple from Maryland who were your supporters, and they walked through an open door and they were identified as having, you know, trespassed. Pardon them, don't pardon the guy that whacked the police officer with a baseball.
Speaker 3: I understand. And what about you know Trump asked for ten thousand troops to be there in Pelosi and the mayor of Washington wouldn't do it, So I don't think those riots were to happen.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, I have not seen the actual doctor. I've seen plenty of stories written that Trump wanted this or Trump wanted that, and that Pelosi said. No, I have not seen a definitive, clear, unexpurgated presentation of that be really honest with you. Okay, I've read as much as I could.
Speaker 3: He asked for the troops, and he was.
Speaker 2: Substations, substations. Some stations say that, some stations don't say that. It's it's unclear. If I could spend an entire year and go write a book and and talk to Pelosi and and talk to Trump and ask for the documentation. See the letters, See the letters, the requests, see the denials. But it's been terribly confused. In my mind, only in my mind. I'm being honest with you. It's like if you ask me who killed President Kennedy, I'm so confused. I have no idea. I have some beliefs, but I wouldn't put it forth as factual. Right, all right, Bill, thank you for the call. Appreciate it. Six one seven only line six one seven, two five four ten thirty. Ladies feel free to jump in here as well. Again, I think that this was a mistake and what I would call an unforced error by President Trump. You can agree, you can disagree. All you gotta do is call and tell me what you think. The only line six one seven two five four ten thirty just filled back after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Back we Go, We're gonna go nixt to Matt and Brighton. Matt, welcome back. How are you sir? Happy New Year?
Speaker 4: Happy near your dan. I hope you're feeling better.
Speaker 5: And uh, that's one to save you.
Speaker 4: Sorry if you lost with your friend a couple of weeks ago, that's I mean to stay that to you.
Speaker 3: Thanks, thank you, no worries.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm gonna take a stand that's very similar with you. Back the Blue when I saw on jan six was in some ways horrifying because, yeah, for the people who did you know, all these people who dig out, many of whom maybe should have gotten sometime over the time. It's you know that now being five years. But for the people, the head head ones, I don't think. I don't remember his name off the top of my head. They got twenty two years. It's a Latin name, Enrique or you know.
Speaker 2: He Yeah, these are the proud boys. Yeah, I know exactly who you.
Speaker 4: Know, which we're all so violent, you know the ones who were all so violent and you know hitting you know, police officers who were doing their job. And I think Donald Trump was willing to pardon anybody and everybody. I don't think he had a case a case basis what he said. I think he you know, now at least of the ones who were surely pardoned and quen records, they can now vote for him because there wouldn't be anything barring them from the criminal record from doing so. But you know, it's just so much rifts across early on. You know, I want to see more Donald, you know, President Trump. You know what we can do next, you know, not going back on the pass and you know, just do these pardons and not harp on them, not harp on the election as he said in the speech on the twenty twenty election, you know, being you know, him saying it's being rigged, go forward, or.
Speaker 2: He just doesn't. He just doesn't seem to be able to get past this, you know.
Speaker 4: And that's right. But I will say the one day he did that is unrelated to this, but just did this is dross Albright. He just pardoned him. And I don't know if you know who that is, but he was he's forty years old and he was a founder of Soak Rude, which is a black market for you know, narcotics, mostly and stuff like that. And he got two life sentences and was sent to a b X Florence, SAT.
Speaker 2: And he was pardoned by President Biden.
Speaker 4: Oh Trump, But just like a day or two ago.
Speaker 2: So what what Why did Trump pardon someone who had two life sentences and was a drug dealer.
Speaker 4: Well, because my argument would be that the pardoner was correct because it was the disproportionate the two life sentences. He was the founder of a network that operated on the dark net, on the website the users could distribute and obtain narcotics. He would not necessarily be the one doing it.
Speaker 2: You know, Matt, I'm not familiar with the case. I have no idea what the evidence is. But by the way, just coming back to what you said earlier, the fellow who you were talking about earlier was Enrique Tario. I'm a leader of the Prome Boys, Okay. And again, these guys went to Washington with every intention of causing a riot, and they did, and there were police officers injured. Some have claimed that that police officer. There were police officers who committed suicide after this, and there was one sick nick who died a couple of days later. And it's still a question in my mind as to whether or not that was related or not. It certainly seems to me to have been related since it happened so quickly. I think he died on January eighth, But this was a serious event, and I think I think that this is a mistake that that has the president has has cost the president. He had, he had everything rolling in his direction, and it just is an absolute mistake in my part and an abusive power period. And it also undercuts his right to criticize Joe Biden for Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: Spiders, and it also undermines his right to have you know, he has a cabinet that I think he picked mildly well, you know, and now you know it's gonna be. I like Trump. I voted for him three times. I support him, but Trump's get to stay what Trump wants. Let's be realistic. No matter what anybody says, gives him advice, it's what Trump wants is what Trump's.
Speaker 2: Well, was heel in twenty in twenty seventeen to twenty twenty one, and maybe he will he will fall victim to that same inclination this time we'll see. Matt appreciate your call as always thank you, Minch.
Speaker 4: And the last thing I'll say is the one with the horns, the man with the horns, everything people want to say about him, that man. The worst part about it is commute him whatever, but get him some mental help. The man, the man who's just not stable, you know that kind of postman you get out it's not a stable And to say thanks.
Speaker 2: But appreciate it all right, have a great night, Good night. Kennan Waltham Ken You're next on Nightside. Welcome.
Speaker 6: Thanks Dan. Hey, this Trump feeling guilty and that's why he issued the partner. I'm just totally fascinated by your comment and you'll have me thinking about that. That's a really interesting one.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you. It's just one that that struck me that maybe he feels that that if again, I have always said that the biggest mistake that Trump made was summoning the crowd to Washington for the stop to steal. What did he think was going to happen? You know? And you know he did say we're going to march up and I'm gonna be there with you, and you're going to do this peacefully. He did say that. He did say that, and over the last four years. The network has tended to leave that out of any recap, which is not fair to Trump. But I think the mistake was bringing, however, many people, whether it was one hundred thousand or two hundred thousand on January sixth, of all the days that rally while they were actually going through the ceremony of announcing the votes. It was just ceremonial, that's all. But it was the final step to say the election is over. Maybe there was a little bit of guilt in his mind, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Fascinating point. The other thing he said that has really well have me thinking as well, is how much political capital that he has and maybe has squandered quite a bit of it now with this move. And well, what do you want to do?
Speaker 2: You say, j Evince the other day? J D Vince the other day said no, violent people should the violent people should not be sav this sentence is commuted or be pardoned. Now, what's jd Van's going to say the next time that the media is next to him, Wow, I changed my mind or disagree with the president. Either way, It's it's kind of a tough pill for jd ns to swallow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so, I you know, I was thinking about if this, if it's off topic, I'll call back some other times. But it made me think about, you know, this birthright executive Order, and you know, I don't see how that'll fly, but who knows. I mean, Trump has surprised us all before it, and so there's a Supreme Court.
Speaker 2: But I have I have less hard Yeah, I have less problem with that, and I'll tell you why. I think what they're doing there is trying to set up an issue where the court will have to determine. There's a phrase in the fourteenth Amendment. If I could share it with you, i'd appreciate it. Section one of the fourteenth Amendment, which is the Birthright Clause, says, all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction there are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. The question is what did Congress mean with the phrase and subject to the jurisdiction thereof. I think that birthright citizenship has existed in this country now for what one hundred and sixty years something like that. I think that it's unlikely to be interpreted the way that Trump would like it to be interpreted, because it's been utilized and people now it's being abused. Would you agree with that? I do.
Speaker 6: What I was going to say is I thought he actually there's actually a chance he could get the Constitution changed, as difficult as that is, given as you were saying, all the political capital that he had and how it's being abused, but.
Speaker 1: Maybe not well to way.
Speaker 2: You know, as you said, you pass it in Congress and then it goes to this, you need thirty eight states. I don't think he's going to get thirty eight states that is well.
Speaker 6: But I think he can't because he has the ability of ticking off, you know, all the blue states. I mean, I think just despite him, they wouldn't do it. And you know what made me think about this is I was thinking, what if there wasn't Let's assume the birthright Amendment is what it's traditionally been and we all think that's what it is. I mean, what I was thinking is what if it wasn't there? If it wasn't there, would I be fighting for it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 6: And I don't necessarily think I would. And I think if Trump could somehow make that case without demighting the country all the time, then maybe he could actually get the constitution changed.
Speaker 2: But well, you know, it's interesting. It's interesting there are businesses now which encourage people women who were pregnant to come to America. You know, when as when they can fly. Let's assume women can fly if you know, if they're pregnancy, there's seven months. It's it's a cottage industry in California. You have people coming from parts of Asia who are coming here to have the child in America. So the child becomes a citizen automatically, and then you kind of bootstrap the parents in as citizens because the child's a citizen. It's it's it's a cottage industry right now, and it's being abused. That was not what it was. That's not what was ever intended in eighteen sixty six.
Speaker 6: I mean one hundred and sixty years ago away. I mean, obviously that wasn't happening with those kind of things that you described.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, and I don't know, arguably they could try to set it up. He puts it in, someone challenges it, and then it goes up to the US Supreme Court. That would be the way in which by by ordering the executive order, and also he said he did make we had a promise in the campaign trail, and look, if if it does go up to the US Supreme Court, we all should abide by whatever the court says. My suspicion, and I know that there are some legal theorists on the right who believe that that phrase subject to the jurisdiction there too. Again, you go back and you got to read the legislative history and what the what was done at the debate. This would become a real academic exercise with with huge practical impact, with a huge practical impact.
Speaker 6: Ironically, well, Dan, if you were president, with your eloquence, I really think you know you have a shot at convincing two thirds.
Speaker 2: Have a tough enough time. I have tough enough time.
Speaker 5: Well, I really did.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm really talking more about Trump than I am about you. When I say that night, I mean, I think you're a uniting personality. He's a dividing personality, and sometimes that really hurts what he's trying to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then there's a lot of people who get really upset with me because they take a position. And one of the things I've always said is that for however long I do this program, and I'm in year eighteen. Right now, I will simply tell you what I believe, and I hope that, like you have, you'll tell me and all the callers will tell me what you guys believe. Without callers and without other opinions, I don't have a show. You understand that. And I just want to say thanks so much for being there for night signing, for calling as often as you do and calling each time.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, Dan. Just to close, I was going to say, it took me a while to get in tonight, and I'm delighted that that's the case. Usually I write, I love your show, and thanks.
Speaker 2: It's been right back yet you can't talk to you soon. Have a great one. Good night. Yeah, here comes the news at the bottom of the hour. We're a couple of minutes late, and we'll be back right after this on Nightshide.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on w B Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, back to the call as we go, Where are we going next? Gonna go to Rachel in Quincy, Rachel next on night Saga.
Speaker 4: Right ahead, Hi, Dan, how are you?
Speaker 8: I hope you're well.
Speaker 2: I am doing real well with Rachel. Right back at you.
Speaker 9: I think my question is is. And I don't know if it's fake news or.
Speaker 8: Was doctor Fauci.
Speaker 4: Given like.
Speaker 9: Free for all and not gonna be charged for anything he's done.
Speaker 2: Was he pardons That's.
Speaker 3: What I heard.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, President Biden issued a pardon for members of the Biden family, for doctor Fauci, for General Mark Billy. Uh. Yeah, absolutely. And now the thing that's interesting is that Rand Paul, who doesn't like doctor Fauci, Senator Paul of Kentucky, could summon Fauci to testify in front of Congress. And because he says has a pardon, he loses his right to invoke the Fifth Amendment. Because when you have a pardon and you do not have a criminal exposure, you do not you lose your Fifth Amendment rights. And if he then refused to answer questions or answered questions untruthfully, he could either be held for perjury or be held in contempt of Congress. So Fauchi might not be out of the woods. Assuming assuming that you want to what do you want to do to Fauci? What do you want to do to Fauci? Rachel? Do we lose Rachel? I'm sorry we lost you. I'm still trying to figure out what you want to do to Fauci. Uh, okay, let's keep rolling. Then we'll go next to Joe in Boston. Hi, Joe, how are you tonight?
Speaker 10: Good evening that my brother happy in the year and happy everything to you and your family.
Speaker 2: Right back to you, Joe, what's going on? What do you what's your thought on the pardons for all of the j six criminal defendants? Criminals?
Speaker 10: I kind of agree with you in a way because people who assault police officers, they do not deserve pardon. Period.
Speaker 2: There was and there was a lot of people, or a substantial number of people assault the police officers. Not everyone, but a lot did.
Speaker 10: How However, for an assault on a police officer, dependenalties they are not so so high. And we know you can just about every case. You know, they overdid it in some of the cases that you know. I agree with that as well. However, where are the charges for the people on the Black Life matter that assault the pullice officers, even kill police officers and burn cities down. I didn't see any charges for those people.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Well, some were charge Again, you have to give me a specific case. I know that the President brought that up as a matter of fact in his conversations with the reporters in the last few days. It's sort of like what we would call well, let me play this for you real quickly here if I can, so you'll get what I let me. If I have here, let me go to I will replay cut number one A. Please rob cut number one A. This is the president. I also say this.
Speaker 11: You go to Portland where they did where they wrapped police officers, shot police offices, nothing happened to anybody. You go to Seattle where they took over a big chunk of the city and people died. Portland, a lot of people died a minute. And you go also take a look at Minneapolis, because I was there and I watched it. If I didn't bring in the National Guard, that city wouldn't even exist today. People were killed and nobody went to jail. So these people have already served a long period of time, and I made a decision to give a pardon. Joe Biden gave a pardon yesterday to a lot of criminals. These are criminals that he gave a pardon to. And you should be asking that question.
Speaker 2: Again. You know that's what he said, But he's right exactly. That's the same phrase I invoked earlier.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, but it is what it is.
Speaker 5: I just want them to let.
Speaker 10: The guy do his job this time. I think the best thing that happened to him was Joe Biden, because when they Joe Biden got installed as a president.
Speaker 5: He was able to have that four years off.
Speaker 10: Now he has his own people to get in there, and I actually have high hopes for us, for all of us, for America.
Speaker 2: He's got a second he's got a second chance. And the only one other president had a second chance of Grover Cleveland. And I don't even know what the issues were back then. So I think he spent a little bit of his political good will yesterday, though unnecessarily in my opinion.
Speaker 10: No, he'll be all right, he'll be all right. I just think that he's actually going to do the right thing right now for all of us, for all of America. That what we want, we want. Just get back to Robotan. I mean, I feel great. Yeah, I was wearing the last couple of days, I've been wearing my Trump hat, and I get no grace. It looks like before I even went to the airport last night to become somebody, I have a Trump hat. Everybody was good with it before that, they used to look at you like you were, you know, from another different planet, you know. I mean, I just want the best for all of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that there's a lot of people, even a lot of Democrats, who are saying, hey, let's see, let's give him a chance. But yeah, and I just think that he's got to take it. Yeah, he's gotta be smarter, that's all. You know. It's like, you know, you're a big sports guy, and you could have a great football player, a great basketball player who just makes unforced errors, or a great tennis player, and it's like, how can you do that? I mean, it's you know, it's like the quarterback, who all you gonna do is take the snap, take the knee, and run out the clock. But he decides that he wants to run for a touchdown and he fumbles and it goes six points the other way.
Speaker 10: I just think he's going to be much better this time. Thank God.
Speaker 2: We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 10: We can't recover our country then. And I mean it's just, you know, he's good for all of us. He's good for America, the thing guy that everybody because I mean, last time around, bisy Hat, all those people from Facebook, Tweeter, everybody was on his size, but they were just freaking lying and covering things up. Your legit truth come out, whatever that is, you know, And let's get along and move along and make this countree great again.
Speaker 2: Let's hope. Let's hope we can do that. And I felt I wanted Biden to succeed when he was president for all of us, and I certainly want Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: Yep, yeah, but I.
Speaker 2: Think yeah, fair enough. All right, Joe, I got a screw talk to you soon. Happy New Year to you and your family. Thank you, my friend.
Speaker 10: I love you the best, to you and your family, my brother.
Speaker 2: Right back at you, Joe, Thank you much, thank you much. All right, quick break here. I got Rochelle, I got Jim, and I got Jamie, Gonna get the men. Even got some room for you. One line at six one, seven, two, five, four ten, thirty one line at six one seven nine, Coming back on night Side.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan Way live from the window World, Nice Side Studios. I' WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get everybody in here. Rochelle in Weymouth, Rochelle next on Nightsiger right, ahead.
Speaker 8: I can happy new year.
Speaker 2: Right back at you, Michelle, Hope. I'm doing fine. What's on tonight?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Great year so far. Listen. Look, I personally sorry, I have a cult. I personally find the selective outrage here that I'm hearing kind of interesting. Where Trump is apparently pardoning about fifteen hundred or so DeepC protesters for, for the most part, for essentially loitering, while a few others I presume are more violent. They're violent and and are getting some kind of a lesser sentence. I don't know all the details. I haven't, I can't really I don't really have an opinion on that yet. I just need to hear all the details on that. I think they're getting a lesser sentence. But when Biden pardons many rapists and murders, and Ashley Babbitt, a veteran and the only person who died at the riot, was murdered in cold blood by a corrupt cop, and nothing has happened to him, That's how I feel on it.
Speaker 2: Did you watch what happened? Did you watch what happened in December sixth? I'm sure you probably show it on television right.
Speaker 8: January sixth, I don't have it. I haven't had a TV since twenty eighteen, so I've seen footage here and there, but I know more and more footage has come out in the last couple of years since the Republicans took over the Congress. I think that there is evidence pointing to the fact that a lot of the people they may have been kind of entraps. They may some of the cops, not all, but some of the cops may have shot people with rubber bullets in the crowd outside with rubber bullets and with tear gas and did other things to instigate things. And you had at least twenty six you had twenty six or maybe many more federal agents there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, again, you've talked a number of points which have not been proven, but that's needed.
Speaker 8: They held the door open, they had to open the door out from the inside to hold it open for them, and they waved them in. That's on tape to Rochelle.
Speaker 2: I just think I think we look at it very differently, Rachelle. And I'm not here to debate you on this. I think that a lot of what you're saying is and you I let you let you, I let you speak for two minutes. I didn't interrupt you, and I'll just say to you that I think you and I are going to have to respectfully dis agree to disagree, because I what I saw in January sixth does not align with what you're telling me. So I'm glad you called because your point of view has been a little different than what a lot of people said tonight. Hello, I can hear I can hear you, yes, But if you're just.
Speaker 9: Going to try to continue to.
Speaker 2: Talk over me, I'm going to ask Rob to take the the audio down. I can hear you, but I don't know that you heard me, heard me. And what I'm saying to you essentially is I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. So bring them back up, Roshelle.
Speaker 8: I know this country needs a healing and we need to move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I don't think that really helped. With the partnering of individuals who attacked police officers, I don't.
Speaker 8: Agree with that, but I think we just drudging this up over and over again doesn't get us anywhere. It's all about, Well, it wouldn't have been brought up if theistration.
Speaker 2: If the if, the if the rioters and those who attacked police officers.
Speaker 3: That's wrong.
Speaker 8: That was wrong. But people tend to look at this and associate it much more with the divisiveness and general chaos of the last four years.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna agree to disagree with Rochelle because I got three other calls and I'm going to get to that. All right, Thank you so much. Have a great night, Jim and Kansas City Gym. Gotta be quick for me, Go ahead.
Speaker 12: Jim, Yeah, yeah, I'll be quick. Okay. Well, first of all, yeah, I think sid inoculation you're talking about inauguration, but seriously, he I think we're gonna trouble because you got the two most powerful guys in the world that are fighting like two little children over at toy. And the other thing is uh, I mean he hasn't deported as far as I know, they haven't arrested or deported a single uh what he calls criminal aliens. And here's here's the here's.
Speaker 2: The here's my I believe it was reported tonight that there were three hundred I think it's three hundred and eighty people I heard in one of the networks have been arrested in a series of raids around the country. Okay, we're sixty hours in, so let's see. Let's see where we are a week for now.
Speaker 12: I think, wait, wait, wait, I've got something really good. Okay, So it says if they're subject to US law, but if they're in a sanctuary city, aren't they exempt from the law. Isn't that what the idea behind the sanctuary city is?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 12: Yes, yeah, all right, okay, so we got it all right, next.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thanks you, bye, good night. I think he was addressing the birthright citizen Chip Jamie and Worcester Jamie got you and two more. Here go ahead, Jamie.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll be quick. I know you're talking about the January sixth riots, and yes, yeah, that was a head scratcher. I don't understand that. I don't know what his motive was there, other than the fact that he was shot at twice and went through all these court cases and it was just trying to for the last second, dig at Joe Biden. I don't know if it's a personal vendetta that's ros you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think also, look, you gotta if you've got to support police, you got to support them. The police officers were attached that day. They were assaulted, they were hit with baseball pats, with American flags, with stanchions. I mean, this was this was not a crowd that was peacefully protesting. And you know, you commit, you commit the crime, you're going to do the time. Assaulted battery officers is a crime.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but no, I just I that was my point on that. I just wanted up dropping two quick points though, on on Trump's policies and stuff. So number one is I listened to the radio on your I listened to the newscasts on w BS, your station. Yeah, and I heard that they arrested the guys that you know, stole from Joe Burrow and all the NFL players, and of course there illegal.
Speaker 2: Illegal immigrants, illegal immigrants here from.
Speaker 5: Chile, yep, right, Yeah, so they arrested those guys. And that's that was one thing. I'm like, all right, okay, so you know, it proves kind of proves some of Trump's hopefully Trump can improve on this stuff. And the other thing was I just had a I work with my store and my customer. It's just like a change of times. This is very quick. He told me he works for the City of Whisker Health Department and he goes, he was just I was just in the store where I work, and he was working today, and he's coming up to me and he goes or he's talking to me and my other coworker and he's like, you know, I now I have to go on these restaurants and he goes. All these people they are to put their heads down they think I'm there, that they take them away or something.
Speaker 2: Je Jamie. I. I enjoyed the call, but I got a couple more mont to try to sneak in here as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah I know, yeah, so I was trying to sneak that story and yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you got it in. You got it in. If you call early, I can give you more time. But eventually the sand runs out in the y glass. Okay, So thank you much, all right, thank you, good night. Susan in Pennsylvania. Susan, you gotta be quick for me.
Speaker 12: Go ahead, can even Dan.
Speaker 9: I do not think that Trump should have given them a pardon. He said he was going to do each case a little lot of time, which she renegged on that you don't do sixteen hundred people one shot. And Nancy Pelosi was not in. She was not offered all those men, the military, from Biden, from Trump. She was on the telephone. I saw almost the whole video. She was asking, I think Michael Flynn's John Michael Flynn. I think he was a relative.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, it wasn't fly. She was on the phone looking when once the rioter began, Yeah, she was on the phone. Absolutely. The question is whether or not President Trump. And again I'm unclear on that, to be honest with you, I've read as much as I can and i'm more I'm more confused than at any time. Susan, do me a favor. Please call earlier, but I'm flat out of you that.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you again.
Speaker 2: Bye, got you, You're welcome. Okay, I got one minute. I'm going to give Joe and Lynn. Joe, you called really late. I can give you thirty seconds, no more, go ahead, Joe.
Speaker 13: Thank you very much. I have big feelings Trump pardoned the people. I think he did it because a Biden pardoned a lot of murders, and I think that's terrible. I think they should get the tapes from the January sixth. I heard they destroyed them, but who knows. We'll find out. I okay, hope get this settled.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Dan.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks Joe, talking to you soon. Good night, everybody. Rob Brooks, great job, Marita, great job. Thanks for a lot of those cuts. Tonight, Marita, I'm done for the night. I'll be on nightside postgame on Facebook Nightside with Dan Ray in about two minutes. Get a chance to see what it looked like. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to him. And that's my pal Charlie Rais, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's why all your pets are on past. They loved you, You love them. You'll see them again. I do believe we'll see you again tomorrow night on nightside, everyone, Thank you so much,