Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Weldy for nine, the base number one hit music station, The JV Show on a Wednesday. Just kidding, it's only Wednesday, the same field. I know, I'm Selena. I'm just well, let's get it started. Anyways, first talk back of the day. It doesn't matter who it's from, what it's about. As long as it came in first, we're playing it all the time.
Speaker 3: I got to celebrate this. I've been stoned ever since. I prayed for this job. Then I got this job, and then of course you did what you do. But damn it, everything came through for me. I'm gonna take some right now. I'm gonna take you something right now. I have to take time through for me. I showed them and I got mine.
Speaker 2: We should not have played that. What the hell was that? I had no idea, But that's how first talk about goes. Hey, it could be something like that. But as long as they came in first, the rules say we have to play it.
Speaker 4: That's the last time we played. One of Justice boyfriends talked about.
Speaker 2: Rack.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that was.
Speaker 2: He loves his job.
Speaker 1: Now he got that job. Damn it.
Speaker 2: Then you do what you do.
Speaker 1: I like that part.
Speaker 2: All right, good is the garage wards still happening?
Speaker 4: They are you guys, and they've been. Things have escalated because we've If you've been listening to JV show, there's been.
Speaker 1: A bit of a battle.
Speaker 4: None of all of us on the show have very dusty, dirty cars.
Speaker 1: None of us we refuse.
Speaker 4: Apparently we've been boycotting and getting a car washed for at least the last three four months.
Speaker 1: Mine longer I went camping.
Speaker 4: Mine's got a layer of dust from Herbert camp still on it. And each day, you know, I thought it was funny write a little message downstairs DJ on Cheety's car, I have constipation or something funny. Just's car. I did a big hood mural. I burnt my legs and I even drew some legs.
Speaker 2: I got to give it to you. The legs were pretty great.
Speaker 1: Legs legs up.
Speaker 2: You know, I didn't even start out as legs. There's supposed to be like the two like logs priss crossed. And I was like, what the hell is that? Michael turned into some legs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like, that doesn't look like fire.
Speaker 4: I was like, okay, well that I'm making these are the legs that the legs run for anyway, it's going back and forth and a couple attempts, you know, a cheaty and Jess tried to retaliate and write something on my car, but I'm not falling for that, and I wiped it off. But you know they wrote farts on there if I got rid of that before I left the parking garage.
Speaker 1: But then yesterday happened.
Speaker 4: And yesterday I was on high alert because I had Yesterday. I told Jess, I was like, have you not seen the thing I drew on your hood? And she had been driving around for four or five days with it on there, so I knew something was coming my way. So I was like, I got to when I leave work, I got to make sure I checked my car because I bet these ladies tried to draw.
Speaker 1: Something on it.
Speaker 4: I better check's in kind of a hurry. Yesterday, I get down there, check the car. I don't see him, Okay, let's go drive home. Then I went out to the job site, did some work, met some guys out there. They're doing some work on our septic system right now, so you know, some construction dudes. Tough guy parked my car right next to them, didn't see anything. Drove around some more, and then I had to go pick up my daughter from school. Parked at the school, saw a bunch of you know, families with small children walked by. It wasn't until I had picked my daughter up and then walked back to my car did I see that right across my back window in very large all caps letters, it said Glizzy Gobbler. And I was wondering why everyone, you know, I got the best parking spot. People, I now have to pick up my daughter a honey yards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a lot of honks and waves.
Speaker 4: I thought people were just people are really friendly people having a nice tuesday. Yeah, so I'm not allowed to pick up my daughter within one hundred yards of the school anymore. That part's fine. And then it wasn't until late that I noticed there was another Glizzy Gobbler on one of the other windows. And you know, then I finally erased that one. Anyway, So if you saw me driving yesterday on Highway eighty, wow, black four runner that said Grizzy Gobbler on.
Speaker 2: It, which one of you guys, that was me, lady, And all.
Speaker 4: I gotta say is things have just the next way now reached a new level. If we were World War two, before we're at World War three, I'm gonna park across the street. You'd be better off just taking bart to work, er, ride your bike or something.
Speaker 1: Because it's on now. Che is on the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Every Wednesday, we do something called cool or Not. We throw some things out and we discuss is this cool or not? Jess, why don't you kick it off? Oh?
Speaker 5: I would love to, Okay, cool or not? There's a new fashion heck in quotes that ladies are posting to TikTok. They're wearing heels inside of their sneakers so that they can get extra height with the casual look of.
Speaker 2: Mars in the idiocy are yeah not cool?
Speaker 5: There's a picture up at the JV Morning at JV Morning Show on Instagram. Go check it out on the story just to get kind of a visual if you can't really picture it. But if you're wearing jeans, the jeans would cover the heels and you would just see the bottom part of the shoe, but you'd get the height.
Speaker 6: That is so stupid.
Speaker 1: Is doing too much?
Speaker 5: I feel like the point of wearing sneakers is so that you're comfortable, so the perfectly.
Speaker 2: Also, don't they sell like little inserts? I know I've seen them like for men before, Like little inserts that you put into your sneakers.
Speaker 1: And it's almost like a c your Tinder date.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, I mean just buy those ladies platforms.
Speaker 5: We're all five to two here though, basically around there.
Speaker 2: Do you struggle though with having Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you struggle though with having jeans that are just way too long?
Speaker 2: Sometimes you need that extra wouldn't you just get them hemmed or something weird? Oh that's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, putting heels inside of a sneaker, that's.
Speaker 4: That's the solution, rather than the garment altered.
Speaker 2: I said the heels and sneakers is not cool either. I thought that was stupid.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's just pretty clear that they doing too much. Part would be no, would be wearing a shoe inside.
Speaker 1: Of a shoe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna say not cool as well.
Speaker 4: Not cool all right, speaking of heels and sneakers.
Speaker 1: Cool or not? Sneaks.
Speaker 4: Sneaks just dropped you guys. The heck is that sneaks?
Speaker 1: So you know spanks, right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The founder of spanks.
Speaker 4: She says she spent the last eight years developing the world's first comfortable high heel. Said it took tons of research, all this stuff and she finally figured it out. And also at JV Morning Show and it's you can see a picture of a sneak.
Speaker 1: Sneaks sn so ugly they are.
Speaker 4: They look to me like a running shoe with the heel. Is that's an accurate description, ladies, Yes.
Speaker 2: They don't. Do they cost five hundred and forty five dollars or that's something different. I got this straight from the website.
Speaker 1: They probably cost that much.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there.
Speaker 1: It's an expensive shoe. But don't you think.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's a lot of different styles and colors and stuff, and nobody.
Speaker 1: Likes these cool or not?
Speaker 2: No, No, you.
Speaker 1: Know they look very comfortable, right.
Speaker 2: Does can't be the first comfortable one. I've seen those high heeled crocks before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stop it.
Speaker 2: Those are not cute as well. I get them.
Speaker 5: No, but when I'm wearing heels, I'm not wearing them for the comfort. I'm wearing them for the look. So I wouldn't personally.
Speaker 1: These have a little bit of style.
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of surprised you guys don't like these? Those I don't know you wear crocs. The bar is pretty low for foot fashion.
Speaker 1: On the shoe.
Speaker 4: Whoa, and here's something that's actually sort of it's ugly.
Speaker 2: Do you have eyes? I do?
Speaker 1: But I also think cute.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of pieces of ladies fashion look stupid, and it's stuff that ladies love. So I don't know. I'm not the authority. I just think, like, man, that's probably a good idea. It looks comfortable and it's a heel.
Speaker 5: So let me ask you this, Graham. You're going on a fancy dinner date with your wife?
Speaker 2: Are you okay with her wearing these?
Speaker 4: I don't see these as dinner date shoe. I see this as like wear to the office type shoe. Oh don't you think it's more of a business look.
Speaker 2: No, it's like a track meet heel.
Speaker 4: Just I'm just saying it looks less like fancy dinner to me or nightclub.
Speaker 2: It's I don't even know what you would wear some jeans that cover it up.
Speaker 4: Like I work at an ad agency. These are the shoes I wear, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like that? To me?
Speaker 1: So way is comfort?
Speaker 4: She says she she figured out the new high heel how to make them comfortable. She says she figured out different weight distribution, the toe box and other things.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I will actually find it revolutionary when somebody can create cute looking high heels and.
Speaker 2: Comfy heels at the same time. I just feel like we have to her is never going to be comfortable.
Speaker 1: They won't because she spent years and this is what she came up with.
Speaker 4: She put a heel on the back of a new balanced shoe and that's what she got. She says, these are high heels h y because it's a hybrid stiletto.
Speaker 2: I think she did there, and high heels feel stupid. Knock knock really quick. I was walking out to my car in the parking garage here and I saw a sticker on Jess's car.
Speaker 1: Yeah cool or not?
Speaker 2: Jess has a sticker on her side window that says, bestie, please let me merge very cool.
Speaker 1: What in the doorkery are we doing.
Speaker 4: We're supposed to be like the coolest morning show in the entire day area and one of us has a sticker that besting merge is that?
Speaker 1: Is there a joke?
Speaker 4: Behind that or is that a serious thing, Like you're hoping someone will see that and be like, you know what, I will let her in because yes, that's ridiculous sticker in her car.
Speaker 5: I mean, I will say I haven't had an issue with merging since I got it, so maybe it is working.
Speaker 2: But I bought it a cute.
Speaker 5: I have never added a sticker to my car, and.
Speaker 1: For a good reason.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm very easily influenced when I'm online and I saw this online and I was like, let me just add it to my car.
Speaker 1: You were targeted with this. This is the stuff you're targeted with.
Speaker 5: I was shopping for other stuff and it just happened to be sold at the same.
Speaker 1: Got it store. You were looking for some sneaks and you got a stick.
Speaker 4: Talk about again, somebody that we're sneaks looks like the person that would have this sticker.
Speaker 8: On the.
Speaker 1: JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, we were.
Speaker 2: Just talking about sneaks.
Speaker 4: Which are there a heel, a high heel sneak her hid combo that they just dropped to yesterday, you guys, and they.
Speaker 1: Said that the most comfortable high heel ever created.
Speaker 2: Check them out on our Instagram JB Morning Show, it's on our story.
Speaker 8: Hi guys, you guys are talking about the sneaks, and I agree. I saw them when they came out yesterday and was like, oh wow, I did not think that's where she was going to go with it. But they are made by Sarah Blakely, who is the inventor of spanks, and she's been on this journey to try to figure out comfortable high heels. I'm surprised this is where she landed because spanks was so revolutionary, right, Like.
Speaker 2: You would think that's the mind behind this come up with something I don't know.
Speaker 4: Cute since she spent eight years developing these and it took a lot of time and effort and research, and then the ladies here on the show just took a dump all over them.
Speaker 2: They're not cute, sorry, said they are, all right. So you guys have not heard of the Brotherhood of the Traveling AirPods.
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, maybe you guys remember this story. It was like two years ago. There was a guy here from the Bay Area who lost his AirPods at Burning Man. Does this ring a bell?
Speaker 4: Why would a guy losing There's probably four hundred people that lost their AirPods at burning Man.
Speaker 2: Because after he loses his AirPods, he started tracking his AirPods with the find my iPhone feature and he was going viral because he was posting all these videos about where his AirPods were going, and they were like all over the country. They went to Iowa, they went to North Carolina. His AirPods were walking down to New York Street at like three o'clock in the morning one night, Like that's why here he is just like in the Bay Area watching his AirPods like go on tour practically.
Speaker 4: So someone was just using them obviously keeping them charged up, Otherwise you wouldn't be able to track them, right right, Oh, who uses someone else to this?
Speaker 2: Then last week he's tracking his AirPods. This is two years later, he's tracking his AirPods. Were right here in Santa Rosa, just a few minutes away from him, and he's like, I have to go over there. I have to I have to find out who has my AirPods. Would you guys go to that house?
Speaker 1: No, oh, I want to go?
Speaker 2: You would go, like would you go like knocking the.
Speaker 1: Door and like I'm pulling up out front.
Speaker 2: I might do that, but I'm not going to.
Speaker 5: Stay out, like just to find out who has them, right, Yeah, I want to see this guy.
Speaker 2: His name's Edward Atton. By the way he went, he knocked on the door to see who the heck has been using his AirPods, and it was someone else named Chance who's been using his air pods. And he said that his dad gave them to him. And so the dad says he's not sure how he how he initially what what? So his dad, Peter says he's not sure how he initially got the AirPods because he wasn't even at burning Man two years ago, so like that part is a mystery. Uh yeah, but he says he he might have gotten them from a house that he sold sometime after the festival, because he does, like he's like he's a realtor.
Speaker 1: You remember where you AirPods? Like, I'm sorry you remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The best part about this is after meeting Chance and being united reunited with air pods, he decided to just let Chance keep them, Like you could just have air pods?
Speaker 1: What was the point?
Speaker 2: I think maybe just curious curiosity. I guess I think that would be eating at me too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I still want them back. At the end of the day, those are mine. I mean, I'm never gonna wear them.
Speaker 2: He was like, you know what, you can just keep them. The only thing I ask is for you to make a donation to the Redwood Empire Food Bank, which he said he would, so it has a happy ending, okay.
Speaker 4: Because I don't want somebody else's ears.
Speaker 2: I feel like people lose air pods and stuff all the time. Who's tracking them two years later? I don't know.
Speaker 5: And then, especially if you hear a story like that where you don't even know who's how many people have had them, you do not want to put those in your ear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want back, but it would be fascinating.
Speaker 2: To see who had them.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: They're on the movie each day.
Speaker 4: I want to see where they're going. The dad's line though, I want to get that guy in a light detector.
Speaker 2: I wanted your wife to know you were at burning Man.
Speaker 1: Is that Bernie Man? He was on some stuff he doesn't really wrote. Remember.
Speaker 4: Maybe he doesn't remember that part because Bernie Man, you know a lot of me.
Speaker 2: But have you guys heard that they're not sold out yet? Bernie Man?
Speaker 5: Yeah, first time it's supposed to kick off August twenty fifth, So.
Speaker 2: We're literally four days away, are you serious? Yeah, it's about a week long.
Speaker 5: But this hasn't happened since yeah, twenty eleven, and they are struggling.
Speaker 2: They have a sale going on right now, and I thought it was kind of funny.
Speaker 5: Their sale is called OMG sale because they're freaking out.
Speaker 2: They're panicking.
Speaker 4: Think it's because of the Great Mud Bowl of twenty twenty three was that last year, and people are getting rescued out of the mud that storm.
Speaker 2: That hit I forgot about.
Speaker 4: Whatever they call it, and then everybody was stuck in the mud, and then celebrities were getting special treatment to get evacuated out of there, and it was a total nightmare about it.
Speaker 1: I could see why some.
Speaker 4: People don't want to go back, Like if that happened again, brutal, Yeah, that.
Speaker 2: You're getting your AirPod stolen. Yeah, it's not cheap, you guys. How about your tickets. I was looking at the different tiers.
Speaker 5: It goes from five hundred and seventy five dollars to fifteen hundred dollars a ticket.
Speaker 2: The cheapest is five hundred seventy five dollars plus the service fee, Like they always do, so it's like over six hundred.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then for a vehicle pass it's one hundred and fifty dollars, So it's just it's a lot.
Speaker 4: But then once you're there, you're not spending any money because you're only bartering and trading different things.
Speaker 1: You can't spend any money there.
Speaker 2: At the player. Why do you sound like that?
Speaker 1: I'm talking like the Burners man.
Speaker 4: If you're a burner, it's just you know, you're one with nature out there in the desert.
Speaker 2: And they won't even let you in if you don't talk like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and just like bartering, like I had to hook up with this, Uh, that's how I got a couple of morning Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like you would go to Burning Man at least one year Graham.
Speaker 4: I would have been curious to go to Bernie Man when I was single and younger, But as a dad, Nope, that ain't for me.
Speaker 2: It just doesn't. The whole living off the land thing, being out there for days, it just doesn't appeal to me, like whatsoever.
Speaker 4: I'm just not I think you gotta be into a different scene of substances and yeah, complete that ain't me.
Speaker 1: Sorry. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine Morning jav Show.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you can hear me.
Speaker 9: My brother is sleep and that's why I have a great day.
Speaker 4: Hay, Wenesday, Happy every Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Nobody wake up, baby brother, sleepy down. I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in.
Speaker 5: The and trending is sponsored by mans Needs. Visit mensinie Sleepworld for the Labor Day cells event, or visit sleepworld dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there is a rumor that Sweedy cheated on YG with asap Rocky. Why is this major news? Because if it's true, you know, asap Rocky is with Rihanna, right, So again, this is just a rumor. Obviously, no one has confirmed this yet. But supposedly that loud fight that Swede and YG got into last week, the one where cops had to be called because they were so loud, and we know that it was over some cell phone drama. We know that because it was reported that at the time. You know, cops figured that out and had to break up the argument. And you know, I think most people assumed that it was Yg who had been caught doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing. That's what I initially thought until the next day he posted that lion and cheetah emoji, basically calling Sweedy a lying cheater, even though he even though he claims that he was just at the zoo with his kids. Yeah right, yeah right. Anyways, So now the rumor is that it was Sweety who had been caught texting slash cheating. I guess that he Yeah, that she was, or that why you found some messages between her and acep Rocky. That's the rumor. No, I don't know. That's what causify I don't want to believe it, and they look so happy together to so no, I really don't think this happened.
Speaker 4: Else we're putting cheating past a Rocky. Yes, the guy that said he's.
Speaker 2: A sex addict. Yeah, I forgot.
Speaker 1: About and also entered this in Evans. He's a guy.
Speaker 2: It's not looking good for him.
Speaker 1: Couldn't be. Couldn't be not the guy addict.
Speaker 4: Women in every other relationship he's been, But couldn't be him because you could who could cheat on Rihanna. I'll tell you, I'll tell you the person that's been with him, been with her for a while.
Speaker 6: J On Beyonce.
Speaker 2: Yes, like nobody's safe, No one as safe, all right? So Alicia Silverstone a poisonous berry on TikTok and everyone's freaking out over whether or not she's okay. So she was in England and she posted this video of her walking and she just picked some random orange berry or fruit from someone's yard and was like, what is this? I think I'm going to eat it? So what the heck is this?
Speaker 1: Because when you open it up, it looks.
Speaker 2: Like that and if I bite it, she bit it. I don't think you're supposed to eat this, but it's almost not a pepper. Does anyone know what this is? So people online were able to do the people online were able to identify this berry or fruit or whatever as a Jerusalem cherry, and according to the Northern New England Voition Center, eating one of these can lead to symptoms like vomiting, the ria, drowsiness, hallucinations, and heart issues. So everyone is like, oh my god, is she okay? She posted as you on Monday. Finally, yesterday afternoon, she posted.
Speaker 1: On Instagram, marked yourself safe.
Speaker 2: She's marked yourself safe. She said alive, and well, don't worry, I didn't swallow.
Speaker 4: Oh oh god, she just took a taste of the berry and then spit it out.
Speaker 2: True, I think she swallowed.
Speaker 1: I think she probably.
Speaker 4: I mean it's impossible not to get a little bit in your system, right, You don't just pick something unidentified and eating it like you just never in mind. Never there's a lot of like, oh, look at these little red berries and things. Never, it never crosses my mind to take let me try eating that.
Speaker 5: Especially walking on the on the sidewalk and just seeing somebody's yard in a different country. Because I watched the video and I think she even had to put her hand through a fence to get the berry.
Speaker 2: Yes she did.
Speaker 4: You guys ever pulled the orange or an apple off somebody's tree in the neighborhood, Yeah, that's like overhanging the fence. You're like, well, it's not really even on their side. I could just have one and that with like lemons. Yeah, I mean too, but I know they're safe to eat. I think that's yeah, But I think that's stealing, is the point. I was the side of the fac what's on that tree in their yard is theirs? What if it falls, if it falls into your yard, I think it's transfer of ownership.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I'm not for lawyer. Sorry, I'll well the contact one, all right.
Speaker 2: Do you have?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: So we talked yesterday about how we are going to have some unseasonably cool weather heading our way Friday, possibly even a little rain. Will listen to this. The mountains by Tahoe, they might even get some snow. This is all because of this very large low pressure system that's headed our way, which is going to send temperatures just plummeting in the mountains. The overnight low and Tahoe on Saturday is forecast to be thirty two degrees. So if you're heading up to Tahoe this weekend, how you might want to bring your jacket too, Oh my gosh, and maybe like you know, a scar for something thirty two degrees. Whatever happened to hot August nights. This is this is very very strange that, uh that night there is a chance that the mountains also get a dusting of some snow. That's going to happen at higher elevations. They say, you know, probably an inch of snow at the most, but snow in August is sort of a rather rare occurrence. As for us in the Bay Area, our highs on Friday are likely going to be just in the sixties or low seventies, which is a pretty big, whoo, pretty big departure from some of the heat waves we've had earlier this summer. Still there, Yeah, there is this chance of rain on Friday, mainly in the North Bay. They say it's not going to be if it does materialize, We're talking about hundreds of an inch, nothing major.
Speaker 1: It's not going to.
Speaker 4: Help in the fire season early or anything like that, but it can't hurt.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm here for a little break. Why not it gets back warm.
Speaker 4: Against it is, it's going to feel like fall. It's going to feel like fall on Friday, and really overcast on Saturday, but then Monday Tuesday back into the nineties and fire season unfortunately, still in full swing.
Speaker 2: All right, Who gives a fart? Yeah that's good. I love that I tried to fart. I love that I tried to show Gramma of a fart video on Instagram yesterday and he's like, fifty thousand people have already sent that to me. Do you just get fart videos and all your dms.
Speaker 4: My dms are floating this one night, you got official fart guy. There's a video of a guy that catches one in his bathtub.
Speaker 2: That's the one.
Speaker 4: I get that video. I've already gotten it twice today. M to me, non non stop. I've gotten that video over five hundred times, no joke.
Speaker 1: It's a good video. But like, yeah, well that's.
Speaker 2: You, Graham. That's what people know you as.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Before we get to what the Bleak, which is your chance to win a JV show chug mug. It's our first piece of JV show merch Graham, you have a shout out.
Speaker 1: We got against Mom's and my dms. I got one, says good morning.
Speaker 4: I want to ask you if you guys could give our daughter Valerie a birthday shout out on August twenty firth twenty first, twenty fifth. She loves leaving talkbacks on the What the Bleep game, which we are about to play. She listens to you guys on the way to school every morning. She's turning eleven, starting her first day of middle school on Thursday, Dad, Mom, Isaiah, and Joel, love you so so, so, so so much, but most importantly, who gives fart?
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to what the bleep, where you can win a JB show chug Mug. You're just gonna be the first person to guest today's bleeped out word. As always, leave your guest is on the talk back mic on the iHeartRadio app, which is free to use. It's easy to use. Are you guys ready for today's clip?
Speaker 5: The worst part about is all the mess left afterwards, but my boyfriend usually handles the cleanup.
Speaker 2: That Graham, what it is? Yes, Graham, I know what it is. It's not that, it's not. This is the Family Show?
Speaker 1: Can I hear it again then? Because now I don't know what it is?
Speaker 2: Here it is one more time.
Speaker 5: The worst part about is all the mess left afterwards, but my boyfriend usually handles the cleanup.
Speaker 4: I know what it is? Fine, all right? If you know what it is? You listening right now? Leave us a talkback, leave us your name, your city, and then your guests again. You do have to be the very first correct answer of the morning to win that brand new JV show Chug Mugg. Remember, I guess this is a family show.
Speaker 1: It is the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: We're trying to get you this chug mug. You just got to be the very first person a guest. Today's bleeped out word inside what the bleep as? Always leave those guesses on the talkback Mike on the Free iHeart app. In case you are just tuning in, here's today's clip.
Speaker 5: The worst part about is all the mess left afterwards.
Speaker 2: But my boyfriend usually handles the cleanup.
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa towel?
Speaker 2: Usually this is a family show, right, so that word is always something your guess has gotta be clean. Let's run through some guesses now.
Speaker 4: Morning JV Show. Victor from S'm gonna say party. Thanks guys, party, that's a good guess. My wife loves hosting stuff, and I'm just like, but the mess, there's so many dishes in the mess.
Speaker 2: Does your man help clean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but we don't host a lot of parties, So okay.
Speaker 3: Show Jared from Sanno and.
Speaker 8: I'm guessing today's word is painting.
Speaker 2: Painting, Okay, is a good guess.
Speaker 4: That is a good guess who does all the painting clean up? When you create one of your masterpieces?
Speaker 1: Jess me.
Speaker 2: Sadly TV show.
Speaker 7: This is Sammy from San Jose, and I think the sleeped out word is baking, like baking a pie or baking some banana bread is always in mess after thank you have a great day baking.
Speaker 2: Another good guy is a good guess. I don't do a lot of baking. Actually I wish I did.
Speaker 4: Could you start and make us banana bread?
Speaker 1: Please? I'm starving bad?
Speaker 2: All right, continue to leave your guesses on talkback Mike on the Free iHeart Radio app. No one's guess the bleeped.
Speaker 1: Out word yet the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see if you can get someone this chug mug. This morning, we're playing What the Bleep, which kicks off every morning at seven o five. We really hope you're here for the start start of the game because then you have a better chance of winning. You want to be the first person to guess today's bleeped out word. Now, in case you are just tuning in, here's today's cliff.
Speaker 5: The worst part about is all the mess left afterwards.
Speaker 2: But my boyfriend usually handles the cleanup. WHOA Just remember this is a family show. Okay, So the word is always something clean. Let's keep your guesses clean and you can leave your guesses on the talkback Mike on the iHeart app. Let's go through some of them now.
Speaker 7: Bad eye, I'm gonna say the bleak out words.
Speaker 2: The worst thing about gift rapping, gift rapping, gift I love gifts? Who loves rapping?
Speaker 1: Giftie?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, such a chore.
Speaker 4: And they're just gonna shreds ten minutes later. What's the point?
Speaker 2: No, it's just fun to do.
Speaker 6: That's actually kind of sad.
Speaker 4: One time I just put a gift for a X of mine just under a towel.
Speaker 2: Wow. No, it wasn't bad.
Speaker 4: No, it was just like I just said it over that ho tell on the coffee table here, because what's the point of the wrapping paper?
Speaker 6: It's cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We broke up after that, of course.
Speaker 9: Good morning JV Show. This is David and Richmond once again. I think the missing word could be barbecuing. Be a mess after barbecuing, but I guess her boyfriend handles it all right. Thanks, have a great day, by.
Speaker 2: I don't imagine Jeff barbecuing much. Oh yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: I don't even think I've ever used a grill in my life.
Speaker 1: You've never used the barbecuing in your life.
Speaker 4: You've never taken anything out of burger, a hot dog, nothing, and put it onto a hot grill.
Speaker 5: I maybe I've like flipped a couple of things, but I haven't handled anything other than that.
Speaker 2: Have done that either in the that's so weird.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, because barbie barbecue is like part of the human experience, We've all done it.
Speaker 2: Maybe I haven't done it. I don't know, I guess my uncle. Yeah, that's just gets on the grill for her family.
Speaker 11: Why would Yeah, sorry, chet, it was the once in a lifetime thing that happening again.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 5: This is Katrina from Martinez, and I think the bleeped out word is movie night messy movie?
Speaker 2: Why is it getting messy?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Got it cold?
Speaker 4: Why money spills that like you spill drink or whatever that you're drinking while you're.
Speaker 1: Watching your movie.
Speaker 4: My name is David from Martinez, and my guest said, the bleepout word is cooking.
Speaker 2: Cookie. There we go, right, here's today's clip, unbleeped.
Speaker 5: The worst part about cooking is all the mess left eye afterwards. But my boyfriend usually handles the cleanup okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, the cooking part I'm okay with. Then you see everything that's left behind, and I'm like, my kitchen was clean an hour ago, Like what happened?
Speaker 4: If you're smart, If you're I was gonna say, if you're smart. But some people do this where they wash the dishes as they go.
Speaker 2: I hate doing that.
Speaker 4: I can't do that because I'm scrambling around trying to follow a recipe and there's measuring cups and bowls and stuff everywhere. But if you're doing it while you're going, then by the time the meal's ready most you know, then it's minimal cleanup.
Speaker 2: I can't do that. Yeah, nobody does that.
Speaker 4: Some people do it. I'm impressed. I'm very impressed. All right, let's give some shout outs. We're gonna try because there's.
Speaker 2: So many shouts to get up.
Speaker 4: But obviously, David and Martinez, you had the very first Crack answer this morning, so shout out to him. A lot of people came with the crak answer this morning, so I'm sorry. If you don't hear your name here, just note that we saw your talk back and you were correct. You just weren't fast enough. We love you anyway. Shout out to Rebecca from Concord. Melanie and Vallejo had at Craig Soda, Vicki and Elsa, Bronte, Evelyn and Castro Valley, Anna.
Speaker 1: In San Francisco, what's up?
Speaker 12: Mana?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Jose in Redwood.
Speaker 4: City, oury buddy Cat and Dublin had it. Junior and oak what's up? Junior at Chelsea in Oakley had it? So did Lucia and Pittsburgh. Our buddy Ricky in San Jose had it. So did Andrea or Andrea and Albany and Valerie in San Jose had it.
Speaker 1: Craig Soda, Korena and Anna and.
Speaker 4: San Matteo her buddy Letti in San Francisco had it.
Speaker 2: What's up, Letty? What's up?
Speaker 1: Vincey and Vince and Olivia and Dublin had it correct. So did Emma and Tampa.
Speaker 2: Bay, Florida.
Speaker 4: We gotta get Emma Chuck Maud because she's holding the down. Jav show is still number one in Tampa Bay, Florida. It's all thanks to Emmina and shout to her. Nancy and San Jose had a Craig, So did Natalie and Martinez and probably like I don't know, fifty other people. I'm sorry, thank you guys so much for playing. I'm sorry I can't shout y'all fast.
Speaker 2: I know, there's just so many, there's long enough time. Well look tomorrow morning seven o five even had a chance step played hopefully when and remember when you win, check your email. So that's that's how we're going to reach out to you to get you this chug Ny.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the phone see if we can get someone this chromebook. Welthy for nine? Hi? Who's this? Hey?
Speaker 4: Nick?
Speaker 2: How's it going? Happy Wednesday?
Speaker 4: Yeah you too.
Speaker 5: I'm just on my way to work.
Speaker 2: I've been trying every day, so I'm excited to get through. Well, you got the new.
Speaker 1: Just don't screw it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see if you could do it. You know you got to play the JV Show up. Nope, game, this is our trivia game. We're gonna ask you for trivia questions.
Speaker 1: The rate correct, Nick?
Speaker 2: And the chromebook is yours? Or is it for you? Or is it for someone else? What's the deal?
Speaker 5: I'm back to feature and so I think I.
Speaker 2: Think you said don Yeah, Okay, I was gonna say, I have no idea what you said, but that is awesome. Yes, all right, let's see if you can get it done. Here's question number one. What fast food restaurant claims their chicken is prepared with a secret recipe of eleven herbs and spice? Is ksc?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, go bar so good one on the board.
Speaker 4: Can't be that hard to figure out what those eleven ingredients are, right, I mean, I think somebody on TikTok's figured it out, right. I think that was probably like salt, pepper.
Speaker 1: Basil, time, something something else. That's question number two.
Speaker 4: Mercury and Venus are the only two planets in our solar system that don't.
Speaker 1: Have what.
Speaker 2: Moons?
Speaker 4: Yes? Right, some planets got a whole bunch of them. We talked about. Was that Saturn had one hundred and seventy moons or something like that, one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: And pooral Mercury and Venus.
Speaker 2: I can't even get one.
Speaker 1: Nothing, can't even get one.
Speaker 2: All right. Question number three, Nick, you're doing amazing. Richmond is the capital of what US states, Virginia.
Speaker 1: That's an easy one, all right. Question number four, you.
Speaker 4: Don't even need this one just for funzies.
Speaker 1: You've already won that chromebook.
Speaker 4: Question four, how many pairs of chromosomes do the average person have?
Speaker 1: Does the average person have?
Speaker 2: I should say that sounded weird.
Speaker 12: Pairs mm four.
Speaker 1: Four chromosomes.
Speaker 4: You'd be having a tough time teaching those kids a.
Speaker 2: Little and four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now twenty three? Twenty three chromosomes? Is what the average is?
Speaker 7: That like?
Speaker 2: Twenty three in me?
Speaker 1: Yes, Selena learning something I thought we all already knew. But okay, twenty three and me, yes, that's why.
Speaker 2: Hey, it doesn't matter. Nick, you did amazing.
Speaker 1: I think they named it after Michael Jordan's number.
Speaker 2: Actually, yea twenty three.
Speaker 1: It's like a Michael Jordan and Me sort of company.
Speaker 2: Nick, you did it. Congratulations you guys.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 1: Shout out to American High School in Freemont. Yeah, yeah, go.
Speaker 2: Not the Falcons?
Speaker 1: Are they Eagles?
Speaker 2: American Eagle? I love that store? All right, we're so stupid, Okay, yeah, all right, let's stop back in stupid, Nick, Congratulations is amazing that you won. Go Eagles? All right, hang on for that winning chet. He's in a pick up for the next room. We hope you have an amazing rest of your day.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, did you see Mark Zuckerberg got a seven foot tall statue of his wife. It's in say it's at their home. I'm assuming it's on our story JV Morning Show, Like, like, Graham, do you even like your wife?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: Why aren't you getting statues of your wife around you your guys's new house.
Speaker 4: I love my wife of the greatest wife.
Speaker 2: I feel like my man doesn't even like me, Like, where's my statue?
Speaker 1: And let me? Would you?
Speaker 4: It's do you even like your would you want him to make a statue of you?
Speaker 1: That looks like this?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why is it green? I bet I don't know. Looks like some kind of favorite color. Oh, that's so rheumantic.
Speaker 4: Grandma's the thought that she is drinking out of a mug at the same color right in front of it.
Speaker 1: So maybe she does love that color.
Speaker 2: But like goals, I don't know.
Speaker 9: The hottest.
Speaker 10: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about.
Speaker 5: Stories Happening today in the Bay and Trending is sponsored by Mancini's visit Meansinie SeaWorld for the Labor Day cells event, or visit sea world.
Speaker 4: Dot com for Also on our Instagram story, by the way, started interrupting a video of me with a mustache, and I'm thinking about growing one after seeing this. Ew think about growing one because look at that. I look good with the stash, not the problem officer got grown.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: November is almost here, if you know, we're all doing everyone on the JV shows growing one, not mine?
Speaker 2: All right, So j Loo has officially filed for divorce from Ben Affleck. She filed yesterday in La County, August twentieth. That is two years to the day they had that wedding ceremony in Georgia. So maybe there's like some symbolism there.
Speaker 1: I don't know the anniversary.
Speaker 2: So they got legally married in July, but they had a ceremony August twentieth, right. What's interesting as well as the papers were not filed by a lawyer, Jalo did it herself without an attorney, and she lists their date of separation as April twenty six. They've been broken up for quite some time. In the documents, Jayla doesn't say whether there is a prenup, but according to sources, they did not sign a prenup, so that means whatever they earned while they were married belongs to both of them. I don't know. Maybe they fell for that love actually exists and will be together forever thing, that's.
Speaker 4: What they were feeling at the time.
Speaker 2: Yep. So since getting married, Ben has had a number of films. He you know, did that air movie? Yeah, Hypnotic Instigators. He just got done shooting The Accountant two. J Loo had Shotgun Wedding the Mother, This is Me now an Atlas. Plus she dropped an album, not that it did anything, kidding Jo is.
Speaker 4: Really successful tour. Oh then there's that money.
Speaker 2: Never mind got canceled. Tips of Jlo is waving spousal support and it's asking the judge to deny spouse's support for Ben as well. And they still have not come to an agreement when it comes to the marital home that they put up for sale, so.
Speaker 1: They split that.
Speaker 4: They had probably a pretty similar income and earnings during the time over two years. They probably they both made a bunch of money. They both don't need any more money. They're beyond wealthy, both of them.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: I think they just go. Hopefully they just wipe their hands out they should in the house sale and then go their separate ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I agree.
Speaker 4: I would be eating the biggest bowl of cocoa props because I remember I predicted this downfall like several years ago, did you Yes, And it's in the old JV show prediction journal which got lost when we moved to.
Speaker 1: And you guys are like, no, it's gonna last.
Speaker 2: It's true love. They're back together.
Speaker 4: Shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, I don't see it. I did think that they were going to last forever. I remember Ben for two point zero. I was one of those people because it was so romantic in the beginning.
Speaker 1: They've reunited, story comes full circle.
Speaker 2: Ye wanted it was the best story ever, but I wasn't buying it. Yeah, speaking of marriages that aren't going to last, more evidence that Selena Gomez could be engaged.
Speaker 1: This one might chance of work.
Speaker 2: Let me write it, this is a.
Speaker 4: Better chance of lasting than j Loo and Ben, the two most miserable people.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know, and I'm shipping Selena Gomez and Benni Blanco. I aven't here from them. I don't know about a marriage lasting forever anyway. So I mean, we don't even know if they're engaged, but this is the rumor. As you know, her and Benny Blanco have been dating for quite some time now, and he's been really open about wanting to get married and start a family. And the first sign that they could be one step closer to that was that mariself remembers Selena Gomez conveniently covered up her left ring finger where a ring would be with a heart emoji. Well, chake it E check this out. So fans have uncovered another possible clue that they could be engaged. So Selena only follows seventy three accounts on TikTok and now one of them is CMG Weddings and Events. She started following them this week. They're an award winning event planning and design company with teams based here in Napa Valley, the Bay Area, and LA and they specialize in destination weddings. Oh, they're going to get married in Napa. That'd be great. I don't know, but I believe it. I think something's in the work. I do too, A do too.
Speaker 5: So you guys see marriage by the end of the year twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Twenty next year, twenty.
Speaker 2: Five, wedding next year. But they announced engagement this.
Speaker 4: Year, and I think it's already happened. I think they're already engaged, don't you. Yeah, and they just don't want to say.
Speaker 2: It that they're going to announce it this year for sure, wedding next year, possibly even baby next year or pregnancy.
Speaker 1: I could see that as well.
Speaker 2: Writing it down.
Speaker 1: Thank you? Where please talking about that?
Speaker 2: Other things? You document?
Speaker 7: Right down?
Speaker 2: Where are they? Every time we write a prediction down it gets it? Yeah, we're document now. Okay.
Speaker 4: The JV Show prediction journal has gone digital finally in twenty twenty four because it was upending paper.
Speaker 1: Do you know we think of this in twenty twenty two we should have?
Speaker 2: All Right, Graham, what do you having.
Speaker 1: To My basic bee season is here? You guys, base.
Speaker 2: Here, this is my basic bees. Gather around, gather around.
Speaker 1: Listen up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is not a drill because tomorrow, August twenty second, Starbucks officially drops their fall menu, highlighted of course, by the return of the iconic.
Speaker 1: Pumpkin spice latte.
Speaker 4: Although it feels like the pumpkin spice lattes been a viral sensation for the past, you know, six or seven years. It's apparently been on the chain's fall menu for the past twenty years.
Speaker 1: This is year twenty one.
Speaker 4: Pumpkin spice lattes been around that long, just like not getting in enough shine and then all of a sudden it goes viral.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know why recently, but yeah, I've been getting these for only twenty six and half of since I was a toddler.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, okay, I guess you're right. Yeah, this is a year twenty one of the Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow.
Speaker 4: By the way, August twenty second, the earliest Starbucks has ever dropped their fall menu with the pumpkin spice latte. We have some cold weather and we talked about this earlier, arriving on Friday and Saturday, so it's gonna feel like fall for at least a couple of days before summer comes rolling back. But it'd be a good time to go out there and get your basic be on. Also returning this year to the fall menu at Starby's, the iced Pumpkin Cream Chai tea latte that's doing too much.
Speaker 1: The pumpkin cream cold brew.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm here for those are delicious, the apple Crisp oat milk machiato and the iced Apple Crisp oat milk shaken espresso. That's doing too much. If I have to order something, if I have to order something that's like seven words long.
Speaker 2: As a stop, those are the best ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that one's good. You've had that one probably.
Speaker 2: I have a note.
Speaker 4: Thet new this year, the iced apple crisp non dairy cream chai tea latte or something.
Speaker 1: That's again that's doing too much.
Speaker 4: And there's also a couple other new fall drinks, the ice caramel Apple cream latte and the iced honey apple almond milk flat white. Those are only available on the Starbucks app.
Speaker 1: You need it.
Speaker 4: Tell me if I go in and I ordered that ridiculous thing, the iced honey apple almond milk flat white, They're gonna say no, what they can't make it unless I order it digitally.
Speaker 2: Sounds like it.
Speaker 4: That's stupid. That doesn't make any sense. Maybe it's to save people the embarrassment of having to stand there and order an iced honey apple almond milk flat white.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one doesn't sound as good.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: I don't be more comfortable ordering on the app without people judging me in line.
Speaker 1: Also new the Raccoon Cake.
Speaker 2: Pop and these all come out tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow. Everything's dropping.
Speaker 2: What else tomorrow? I don't know.
Speaker 4: August twenty second has a weird ring to it.
Speaker 2: It's great tomorrow, You're so lucky. Pumpkin Spic season is starting on your birthday.
Speaker 4: Totally stealing my shines. Neo season Bees, it's Leo sas Is it not basic bass? Right? The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine Grant, we've a shout out. We do moms and my Dam's mom's moms and me Dam's got one, says Hey Graham, can we do a special shout out to my kiddos? Their first day of school is today. Nine is going into the seventh grade and Damien into the third. Love you guys, Love Mom Carmena. So happy first day of school, Ian and Day and I wish we knew what school they were going to.
Speaker 1: Sweet see.
Speaker 2: I thought everyone was back in school for the most part.
Speaker 4: Me too, But I guess some some kids are starting today and tomorrow, So have a great first day, you guys.
Speaker 2: This is the funt before we get to what scrolling on your Instagram or TikTok is actually duing to you. The oldest person in the world test passed away, oh at one hundred and seventeen years old.
Speaker 1: Too soon, some yeah, times burnout far too soon.
Speaker 13: Nick.
Speaker 2: Her name was Maria Branyas, who's actually born here in San Francisco in nineteen o seven, whoa right after the earthquake, and then she lived in your and then she removed that. She removed, then she moved back to Spain, where she her family is from. She says she always said that she had memories of crossing the Atlantic Ocean during World War One.
Speaker 4: And she don't remember that. Heck, she probably saw a picture of it.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's long She's one of that too long ago.
Speaker 2: You always think you have memories from when you were like two or three years old, Like do I actually remember that? Or was I just told about that?
Speaker 4: And I think I know, I've listened to a podcast about that. Most of those your brain has co created, so you don't have a real, full.
Speaker 1: Actual memory those.
Speaker 4: You've likely created a lot of those very early memories from pictures and from being told about it.
Speaker 2: That's weird, all right, so the next oldest person listed by the Gerontology Research Group is now Tamiko Etuka in Japan, one hundred and sixteen years old.
Speaker 4: Do you want to say any words about your favorite memory from Maria that just passed? I mean one hundred and seventeen jess favorite moment you guys shared.
Speaker 2: There's too many, I think to count.
Speaker 5: I think all of the ones that I remember I probably created in my mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah. She was a great cook. Oh yeah she was.
Speaker 1: Thank you you had a rocking chair. Oh yeah, it was nice.
Speaker 2: All right, Graham, what do you have?
Speaker 1: All Right?
Speaker 4: You guys, listen up, because this applies to well, I know it applies to the three ladies in this room and a lot of you listening. If you are a person that scrolls through online videos on TikTok or Instagram and scrolls through fast forwards and bounces from one video the next very quickly.
Speaker 2: It's not everyone. That's everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, don't some people watch the whole thing?
Speaker 4: No? Yeah, most people don't. All right, Well, there's new research.
Speaker 12: How is this new?
Speaker 4: It's new because it just they just it just is. Okay. They found that people that engage in what they call digital switching, rapid digital switching, where you're jumping from one video to the next, scroll to the next, fast forward here, watch it, speed up. You're actually increasing the amount of boredom in your life.
Speaker 1: You think I'm bored? What can I do? Role some videos?
Speaker 4: It's actually making you feel more bored when you bounce around and skip through videos.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that I'll feel less bored.
Speaker 4: According to this research, and look, they did surveyed thousands of people. People reported feeling less bored when they watched a video in its entirety. So when people watched a ten minute YouTube video rather than bounce around and watch like, I don't know, fifty different videos in that same time span, people were reported feeling less bored. So the moral of the story is you should be watching one single video rather than bouncing around between fifty and one hundred.
Speaker 2: Other words, I'm not believing that because if I try to watch a longer video right here side, how is this new?
Speaker 1: It's a lot interesting.
Speaker 2: A lot of times I've been watching a longer video and I find myself getting bored throughout it. And that's why I'm switching, and that's why I'm going to the next videos and I'm scrolling or going to the next story, the next story. I hear it, I feel like I'm I'm I'm watching more. I feel more fulfilled. I'm watching more content. That way interesting, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But is it actually fulfilling that you've bounced around and seen a bunch of.
Speaker 2: Throats are watching one video that I've watched.
Speaker 5: What I've noticed that I do now is and this is really bad because my attention span just has gotten worse over the years. But if there's a video where I'm like, oh, this information is helpful, i won't even finish the video, but I'll save it for later, just in case there's a there comes a day that I'm actually looking through my saved videos. But other than that, I'm just like, okay, it just sounds like good information.
Speaker 2: Scroll like you don't even watch it.
Speaker 4: There. Our attention spans are so short that we can barely make it through three seconds of a video and you're like, no, next one. You have no idea what's in that video? Just but no, no, that's bounce, no back to the no fast forward.
Speaker 1: I don't so gravity. I think there is something to this.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you do this as well.
Speaker 1: I don't do a lot of this type of you know, video scrolling.
Speaker 4: They're not on TikTok, right, I'm just not on TikTok. I'm just so like, I'm so busy right now that I don't spend a ton of time like bouncing around watching random videos. But I do find myself particularly irritated by the ones that I do decide to watch, because it's like some guy and he'll be like driving a wedge and a huge boulder and like to trying to crack it in half, like there's no way you can do that, And the video goes on and on and eventually the thing cracks and it's kind of underwhelming.
Speaker 1: You're like, did I just.
Speaker 4: Wait to see what happened? There's some of those videos that hook you in and you got to see how it ends, and then I'm like, dang, I just wasted I just wasted three minutes on some video. This dude did crack this giant boulder by him. I mean, it's like, how are they doing this? But I mean, at the same time, like, what what did my life gain out of that?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of times that I'm doing this scrolling, I don't even do it like I do it subconsciously, Like I'm pulling out my phone to do one thing I'm supposed to be like calling my kid or something, and instead I hit Instagram and now I'm watching stories. I'm like, wait, wait, what am I doing here? Because you're an addict, I know I have.
Speaker 4: You just need your You just need your you just need your little hit the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: The Wednesdays, It's all about Cheaty would check in with her dating life, and we're all just so like andy to figure out what's that because relationships. Cheat's single, so I mean, we want to know everything going on.
Speaker 1: And last.
Speaker 2: Last week, Graham, I don't think you were here that day Cheaty at school, Cheaty admitted that she has a crush on her cousin's friends.
Speaker 1: On her cousin.
Speaker 2: No, no, her friend.
Speaker 4: Sure, that's just what she's telling us cousin's friends.
Speaker 2: Oh, what's the latest?
Speaker 11: Okay, So this past weekend I went because I'm I wanted to talk to my cousin first about just like hint at maybe getting at one of her friends just to see how she reacts or whatever.
Speaker 6: So those past weekend I asked her.
Speaker 11: I was like, hey, do you have any friends that you can hook me up with? Because she has a lot, and she said they're all not like, they're not all not suitable, they're not that.
Speaker 4: Great of Oh she's hoarding him first.
Speaker 11: No, but she's like in a committed relationship and why is she blocking Because.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 11: A lot of her friends are kind of like womanizers, so I'm like, oh, does he fit into that category?
Speaker 4: So I'm quick smash and grab, like you could use that, right, I don't want that, you know, we're looking for serious relationship.
Speaker 6: Was a smashing grad would be somebody random?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I'm not your cousin's friend. So you didn't ask specifically about him?
Speaker 6: No, I didn't. I didn't want to go there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was just like trying to be very general with it.
Speaker 11: And when she said that, I was like, Okay, maybe I think she's Hayton.
Speaker 2: She didn't you talked about this guy and he sounded like like like a good guy, like he works in tech tech, lives on his own car, like yeah right, tu, yeah, finance. You listen up all these good things and for her to be like like, oh, he's nothing good.
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't say ask well, so maybe she wasn't referring to him specifically. Maybe she was saying, yeah, I have a lot of friends and they're all like this.
Speaker 2: But she wasn't thinking of him specifically. Yeah, why not ask about him specifically?
Speaker 11: Because I'm not beating around the bush. It's like, you me nervous, you guys.
Speaker 2: Why, I don't know.
Speaker 11: It's just like admitting to like a crush or like, especially when it's I don't know, your sibling's like friend or something.
Speaker 2: It just I don't know. It's so I mean, one thing I would not want is my cousin or something. All of in my business though that.
Speaker 1: Why not They're like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's like your friend, wouldn't you just say like, hey, what's the deal with the so and so?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think that's a weird question and plying like, oh my god, my LLINs are ablaze for this kid. Just ask about him, like, hey, what's his deal?
Speaker 11: No, okay, so my other cousin, my guy because he has a lot of cute friends too, so I always ask him like, oh, this guy's one of your friends is cute. He's like no, don't do it. Nope, stop, Like, don't talk to me about my cousin is always going to be super protective. Yeah, so you got to go behind their back, that's true.
Speaker 5: But it is always better if you know somebody that knows the person because you get better intel on it versus meeting somebody online.
Speaker 2: So this might be like a.
Speaker 11: Good Maybe I can hint at like us all going like to dinner or something so that we can.
Speaker 2: Get like a vibe or like a I thought you were just gonna slide in his DMS.
Speaker 4: I love to do it.
Speaker 6: Because what if he tells my cousin that, like, oh my god, your cousin just slid in my DM.
Speaker 2: That's weird casual about it.
Speaker 11: And maybe maybe you guys can help me slide it.
Speaker 2: Again in your phone right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can do something, and don't Ladies like the guy.
Speaker 4: When someone tells you though they're bad news, doesn't that intrigue you even more? Yes, you want the project, Yes you do. Everyone wants to be the one, and that changes that, see changed the one?
Speaker 2: Do you not want someone who's not good for you?
Speaker 1: Exactly? The number one?
Speaker 2: You can do it you're going to do the one.
Speaker 4: You're the one the JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Back to Cheaty, we just checked in with your dating life. Hmmm, can we even call it that she's not dating anyone? No, not not like that. But do we call it? Do we just call it like single life?
Speaker 1: You know, just already had that show.
Speaker 2: Oh anyways, the latest is she has a crush on her cousin's friend. She is like totally sea Blocking was like, no, no, my friends are just they're not good. Guys. We have some people weighing in with some advice for you, tet.
Speaker 13: Hey, Cheaty, absolutely do not listen to Selena. Do not take her advice because it's telling you that the dudes aren't up to part. Take that into consideration. But I would definitely specifically ask for or about the guy that you got your eye.
Speaker 2: On by Okay, that I agree with, I think I give you great advice, but I think, yes, ask about the specific person and get more detail. Hells on him.
Speaker 4: I was thinking of the simple life that was not a single life, the simple life.
Speaker 1: Whoop?
Speaker 4: Sorry, the load more tope to this guy, please load more?
Speaker 12: Hey guys, Amanda, So this is about cheaty, I say, cheaty, slide into his DMS or you know what, just ask for his number, because at the end of the day, what do they say if he's just not then into you, he's just not end into you, and you'll be able to pick up on the cues right away.
Speaker 6: I say, go for what do you have to lose?
Speaker 12: And who knows, maybe that could be your person, maybe he's waiting for you.
Speaker 1: You never know.
Speaker 12: But at the end of the day, you'll get a little bit to know him, he'll get to know you, and then you'll decide if you're into him too.
Speaker 7: Maybe you're just not that into him.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 11: Bye, there you rejection.
Speaker 2: But then you just stop talking to him and you never have to I'm saying, except for when he shows up at your family party.
Speaker 4: Awkward little go to shake his hand, like, nice to see you, but your hand's all sweaty because your nervous.
Speaker 1: And then he's like, oh, girls, this is my stalker from a year ago.
Speaker 2: I say, go for it.
Speaker 1: And then you just start making a doll.
Speaker 4: Out of his hair and then nail it to him with a couple of your tournail so like he gets super creepy. But like whatever, at least you know that he's.
Speaker 6: A personal experience.
Speaker 1: No, not at all.
Speaker 4: I've had some stalkers. It's worked, But I really I agree with the man and that talkback. I think that's good life advice in general, not just about people that you're interested in, but it could be a job you're interested in, an internship or whatever. That's what my dad always to say. What's the worst that someone's gonna say no? Yeah, big deal? Like, is that what's holding you up from trying something or asking for something back? What's worse? That's good that they're gonna say.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, move on, then try for the now. Yeah all right. So, according to when you survey, it's currently eight forty am, but by eight thirty six, the average American knows if it's going to be a bad day.
Speaker 1: Yeah I knew four minutes ago.
Speaker 2: Are you guys having a bad day?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Actually, a really good day. I hope you listening are too. But here are that some of the top reasons why Americans might feel like they're waking up and just like all man, today's gonna be a bad day. Waking up and feeling sick. Thirty five percent say that that'll ruin the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the number one indicator has to be.
Speaker 12: Yeah, where may have.
Speaker 5: Breathed properly, like as soon as you wake up? All worst thing ever for me.
Speaker 2: It's like sleep quality, like sleeping poorly throughout the night and turning. That's thirty one percent. Yeah, yeah, even for work. But forgetting your phone at home twenty five percent never happened. It's happened to me, but I go back. That's happened to me before you have to go back. Yeah, twenty two percent, say, running out of toilet paper, Oh, never happen.
Speaker 1: It depends that.
Speaker 2: That early in the morning. You guys, everyone's schedule is different.
Speaker 4: One schedule is different. Not on Yeah, it is situational.
Speaker 2: Seventeen percent. Stubbing your toe that was just call my entire week. Yes, fifteen percent your partner in a bad mood. They wake up in a bad that's a day ruiner. One more. This is one that I can really identify with, sleeping through your alarm.
Speaker 4: Identify with because it happens you have every say day, all the time. Have we gotten Selena in one of those daylight alarm things? Yet?
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna get one. I'm gonna get one.
Speaker 1: Hurry up and get it.
Speaker 2: Are you still using that?
Speaker 12: Jack?
Speaker 2: I am, and I recommend it. It just feels like you're waking up, so.
Speaker 4: It slowly just lights up your Does it make sound too, Yeah?
Speaker 2: Mine has birds chirping.
Speaker 4: Oh that's nice, Selena. I'll sleep right through the.
Speaker 1: Daytime.
Speaker 4: You know, it could be daylight, car horns honking, car alarms going off, chainsaws.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter to sleep through all that, I am.
Speaker 5: And that's the worst because then you wake up already in a panic, and that's when everything goes wrong.
Speaker 2: Your clothes get snagged on.
Speaker 5: Things, You pick up your bag and everything.
Speaker 1: Falls out up, drop your laptop.
Speaker 2: All right, today's haadn is trending is coming up. The Taylor Swift effect is still happening because Taylor Kelsey, Oh my god, I'm manifesting that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, gonna happen the hottest.
Speaker 10: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: So the Taylor Swift effect continues. Okay, So Adam Sandler was on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and they talked about Happy Gilmore Too, which you know is gonna be huge when this film comes out. And guess who has a cameo in it? No, Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 1: I was like, he got Taylor.
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: That great? Do you know Travis Kelsey's wants to be part of it? Travis has been, he mentioned it, and so we have a nice something for Travis.
Speaker 1: He's gonna come by and and he's very nice guy. You guys would love him in real life.
Speaker 2: What a big, handsome guy. And so Travis is gonna be in Happy Gilmore Too. He's hosting a game show, He's in that news show Grotesque Rie. He's in talks to be in another film, Loose Cannons. Would any of this be happening if he wasn't d Taylor Swift? Definitely not, would not happen, I don't think.
Speaker 4: So can we go back to Happy Gilmour? Yes, I'm pumped for this. But Selena, have you seen Happy Gilmore?
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 1: You've never seen the movie Happy Gilmore?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it, but I know how big of a film it is.
Speaker 1: How have you never seen the movie Happy Gilmore? Jess?
Speaker 2: Have you don't know?
Speaker 5: Of course I've mentioned before. Adam Sandler is on the list of people I would like to meet one day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cheaty have you seen Happy Gilmore?
Speaker 1: Both the consider cheaty have you seen Happy Gilmore?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I have?
Speaker 1: Selena?
Speaker 4: Can you just for research purposes so you know when the new one comes out, you've seen the first one.
Speaker 1: Can you go watch it please? It's iconic.
Speaker 2: You'll like it if I get to it. I have a lot of murder documentaries I got to finish watching first.
Speaker 1: This is not that genre.
Speaker 2: Know that. I know all people are coming for Kylie Jenner after she risked her life for some bikini pictures. So she posts the pictures on our Instagram. You can see them on our story if that makes it easier for you. JB Morning Show makes sure you're following us. Let me just paint this picture. Okay. She's on the yacht. She's looking beautiful. She's got this little bikini top on. She's posing hanging on to like the metal railing. It's nighttime, but behind her there's like all this lightning. She's in the middle of a thunderstorm, and everyone in the comments as like, uh, there's thunder and why are you hanging on to a metal railing where you can easily be struck because everyone knows that lightning travels through metal. Uh yeah, electrically not the safest thing. But the pictures came out cute. The pictures do look cute, but it looks really good. I would not risk it.
Speaker 4: I'd like, just you're thinking about these mega yachts in this yacht life, if you saw what happened, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: That's hard about that. Do we know what happened?
Speaker 4: It got hit by that mega yacht and I think it was like one hundred and eighty feet. It was a big boat and it got hit just by like kind of a freak weather incident, and it sunk like and they rescued a bunch of the people on board, but not all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god. Yeah, I've been seeing a lot of headlines about that. I didn't know what caused it though. That's super scary.
Speaker 4: I mean that's your like ultra wealthy yacht life, you know, mega yachts and stuff. But it just shows you that it doesn't matter how big and how fancy this boat is, anything can happen out there on the open water.
Speaker 2: Right. Very scary, Graham, What do you have inside today's hot is trending all right.
Speaker 4: A woman in Santa Barbara County employed a pretty innovative way to catch some male thiefs that had repeatedly stolen her mail. What she did is she just mailed herself an Apple AirTag, dropped.
Speaker 1: It up, and mailed it to.
Speaker 4: Herself, just like what had happened to her numerous times before that mail was stolen.
Speaker 1: And then she called her local police department.
Speaker 4: I think this was in San Maria, and they were able to track it right to the thief's house, and these people responsible were arrested. They were arrested with a lot of other people's mail as well, so they're can be facing numerous charges. Police they're commended her for her actions and thanked her for exercising caution by contacting them first rather than going to confront these thieves themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, would you have been tempted? Would you have gone by the house.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I would have wanted to drive by and just see.
Speaker 2: But you wouldn't knock on the door and confront them.
Speaker 4: Go confront some criminals for stealing my mail. No, I'm not stupid. I don't want to get shot, all right, let's be I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: That's not advised, and police are saying, don't do that. But that's a pretty good idea. Just mail yourself an air tag. Although what if they like just find it and then throw it on the side of the road and then you're just out the money for an air tag.
Speaker 1: What's an AirTag cost?
Speaker 2: It's not that much, Yeah, twenty thirty bucks.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, there you go. It works.
Speaker 2: Not too bad anything else, Graham, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Just a quick new study that shows raising kids is one of the most expensive things. And we already knew this. Why do we need new research to determine this?
Speaker 2: How is this new?
Speaker 1: How exactly it just is?
Speaker 4: They say, household with no kids needs, you know, about sixty fourth thousand dollars a year. This is average nationwide to cover your basic expenses. But as soon as you have one kid, you need ninety one thousand dollars in income, two kids you need one hundred and fourteen thousand dollars a year income, and three kids you need one hundred and thirty three thousand dollars on average to take care of the kids.
Speaker 1: Now, the cost of living.
Speaker 4: Varies widely in this country, so some of the Bay Area counties that were a Bay Area metro areas, I should say that we're on this list were some of the most expensive in the nation for raising children, and of course the San Francisco metro area and the San Jose metro area two of the highest in the country.
Speaker 1: You need a lot, a lot more money than that.
Speaker 4: On average, it says in San Jose the average annual cost of raising a child thirty seven thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 1: Thirty seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: A year a lot to raise a kid in San Francisco thirty seven thousand, three hundred and forty so just slightly higher.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 4: So they said, over the lifetime of a kid up until the age of eighteen in the Bay Area, you're going to show out six hundred and seventy one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: And is that number including all the iPads and Stanley cups they want?
Speaker 1: It doesn't doesn't.
Speaker 2: That's where the money goes.
Speaker 4: It doesn't include any of their college education costs because that usually happens after.
Speaker 2: The age of eighteen.
Speaker 4: Yes, six hundred and seventy one grand. You're spending as up until they're eighteen.
Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety four nine