Speaker 1: Hi, everybody, Hello, Hello, Hi, okay. On tonight's episode of a Laura Kane after Dark, featuring me Lauracane.
Speaker 2: Hi, Lauracane, my co host.
Speaker 1: Of over five years and my bff of over seventeen, your work husband, Yes, all of the above. Eric Rimmer, what's up?
Speaker 2: I love you, Hi, every buddy.
Speaker 1: I have a present for you in a minute.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And then behind the scenes, maybe we'll get a glimpse of him tonight the elusive what's up? Producer Brian?
Speaker 2: How's it going? Okayd good?
Speaker 1: Okay, So coming.
Speaker 2: Up, look at our little co host.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, cute. He's been very cute lately. Yes, he's until he and then he's not that cute, and then you'll throw him up off your lap. He's never bet me, I know, because you're the dog whisper. Okay, So coming up, we have I have a list of cool new things to do in San Diego. I want to know if you guys have an addition to that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: We're also going to play a game called Guilty or Innocent, where one of us takes turns being in the hot seat, and then I'll read something and you have to either say I'm guilty of this or I'm innocent, and then if you're guilty, you need to tell the story.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Tell you two stories that feature gambling, not about me.
Speaker 2: Oh thank god, that's a surprise.
Speaker 1: But I want to know what you guys would do in these two scenarios. Okay, and then we're going to do double D.
Speaker 2: And I got a lot. There's a lot.
Speaker 1: There is a lot, isn't there? And I have a special report live from Hollywood. Yes, and then would.
Speaker 2: Be actress Laura Kiden.
Speaker 1: No, just I have a list. I have a list that we can debate, you know how. Sometimes I interrupt your Double D with lists like the top twenty performances of the twenty first century, and then we argue about it. I have another list like okay, great, okay, So anything new go on with you? Do you have like a story to tell us right off the bat, like did you do anything exciting or did anything weird happen to you since we saw you last?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, then I'll start by giving you your gift. Okay, it came in the mail today. Oh boy. When I saw it, I mentioned it to you, and you said to me, I must have that, so I bought it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I bought two things.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna show you one thing and then give you one thing. I'll give your gifts a lot smaller than I thought it was going to be. Okay, do you have markers at home?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, great, because I have some extras just in case. Okay, you need them for your very own. Oh my god, you have hours of fun with you.
Speaker 2: Oh idea.
Speaker 1: It is a coloring book called Glorious Dicks. Oh, and they are all kinds of designs, and there's all kinds of dicks, and there's all kinds of Yeah, let's.
Speaker 2: I love sea life.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Well, if they're drawings and.
Speaker 2: They're wow, that's a nice one.
Speaker 1: Oh there's one with like mountains and some a snake. You're gonna have fun with that. So you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, because I know how.
Speaker 1: Much you love to draw those. Now you can color them.
Speaker 3: And look there's there's blank pages where I can draw them. O good, Oh my god, I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'm loving that.
Speaker 1: Okay. I bought this for Evan for Christmas, and I was hesitant to give it to her because I loved it so much. Don't even ask me what I'm going to use it for, but we're going to try it out right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, turn it on.
Speaker 1: Of course, these things come from our favorite tu. It's a little mini karaoke machine. Oh boy, now turn on this mic. Okay, that's on. Okay, I'm gonna turn mine on and maybe turn off our mics and we'll see how loud these things really are. Okay, we'll turn it off.
Speaker 2: You're so handsome, you're so beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: But listen, Eric mor you're my that of seventeen years, and I love you so much, even though you're a paint.
Speaker 3: But sometimes, Laura Kane, You've got the driest vagina that I've ever seen. Please, it's like tumble weed's rolling out of there. I should do a country and Western song.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: This is pretty loud for this little thing. And this little thing with the two mics that you can have hours of fun with hours was less than ten dollars. Wow, and Evan loved it. She's like, oh my god, my friends and I are gonna use this all the time. She probably hasn't even used it, but I just want to show you those fun two things.
Speaker 3: I think that's amazing. And my voice actually sounds really good because it's deep.
Speaker 1: Auto tune, yes, totally, you can you'd be able to sing, you'd be more comfortable singing. I would be an auto tune, yes, okay. I want to know if you guys know of a new play in San Diego, or a new event or a new activity that maybe you guys have done that you want to tell us about, because I have a list of kind of some new things that are going on in San Diego that I want to try. Okay, okay, so maybe we can try some of these together. This is really what I want you and I to do together.
Speaker 2: I'm not getting a tattoo.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, okay, I see I'll talk them into it.
Speaker 2: One of these snows, like a really small one in like a discrete location, like right by your matching shaft.
Speaker 1: Like a little like a little microphone.
Speaker 2: Really small, discreet only just only only intimate.
Speaker 1: Partners right now, right like near your nipple or something.
Speaker 2: Tramp stamp. You could rock a tramp stamp. Oh no way.
Speaker 1: We're going to make a video of us doing this thing, and you're going to put this in your infamous paper calendar tonight. Ok right, have you seen the go car tours those little cars that have like three wheels and you wear a helmet and you in your earphones. They tell you like certain facts about the areas you're driving through, just.
Speaker 3: An FAYI, you and I have already done that.
Speaker 1: No we have not.
Speaker 2: Yes we have.
Speaker 1: We've talked about it.
Speaker 2: No we've done it.
Speaker 1: I've never been in one of those cars.
Speaker 3: You and I did one in little Italy.
Speaker 2: No we did not, we did.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry. That was another friend. Okay, somebody getting old here? Who is I know a.
Speaker 3: Scary It's not me, it's her. I even have pictures of us.
Speaker 2: Okay, you find find those.
Speaker 1: Find those pictures because I have no recollection of this, and I thought I saw one today and I was like, oh my gosh, this would be so funny. If you and I have done it, you have like on your phone right now. I have to look. Yeah, okay, well, well I'm reading some other things. Yeah, I want you to find proof.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: This could take them, because either you're losing it or I'm losing it.
Speaker 2: Yea. This needs to be resolved, though. We have to know who's losing it totally. It's Laura. I'm not losing it.
Speaker 1: I don't remember doing anything of you and little Italy in.
Speaker 2: A car like that.
Speaker 1: No, you are wrong, I'm not wrong. There's a new indoor golf facility, no social swing, and it's on Fifth Downtown. If you want to golf indoors?
Speaker 2: Can we throw axes?
Speaker 1: Oh that's all? That thing is even closed by now, right the acts throwing you've.
Speaker 2: Seen acts now, it's still open. I'm sure it's still around.
Speaker 1: Remember that thing where you could go into a room just throw plates off that.
Speaker 2: I want to do that. I think those are dumb.
Speaker 1: I think those are closed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if they're closed. I just I would never pay for that.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a Japanese thriller escape room downtown.
Speaker 2: I want to do that. We should do that.
Speaker 1: That could be really fun.
Speaker 2: I love escape rooms. I would do that in a heartbeat.
Speaker 1: I am not good. In fact, I did it with some girls from the Traffic department a couple of years ago. We didn't get out of the room. I have done so many escape rooms.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm I'm all in with Brian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll do it, but I probably won't be the biggest help.
Speaker 2: You'll be the one that dies.
Speaker 1: I'll totally die first or whatever.
Speaker 2: They're famously life or death.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Fat Tuesday is on a week from Tuesday, and downtown in the gas Lamp they're having a three day festival Friday night, Saturday night, and Tuesday night. It goes from five pm to two am all the nights. No lots of beads, lots of boobs, lots of what's the bauchery. It's called the twenty twenty five gas Lamp Marti Gras or something like that. Oh so instead of being just on Tuesday, which is Marty Gras, it's going to be the whole weekend before that, So get ready to get in some crowded traffic if you don't plan on attending. Hell no, it was really fun living downtown during Marty raw. I was even on a float back in the day. This is more Charlie was you were people that were lifting their tops up and stuff. It was so fun.
Speaker 3: God, you know what that would give me carte blanche to just what show you everything?
Speaker 1: I yeah, I've already seen everything. Please please And did you hear about the boat rental that you can go out on the ocean and in the boat there's a big hot tub. So it's a hot tub boat rental on Mission Bay. And that could be really fun if you had, like, you know, couples and stuff, or maybe just like a girl's night. I don't know. Do we really wanted to get into bathing suits at this time of year? Not really, but anyway, could be fun. And then the pedal sip and cruise, bring your own beer paddle boat pub. It's like those have you seen them on the streets where they're pet and it's like a bar. This time it's in the water.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a disaster, just wagging that I give you super fun. It's a good thing you and I don't drink, because then we don't. We won't be doing that either.
Speaker 1: If we did, we would get arrested. We'd be in jail.
Speaker 2: We'd oh, I'd be in jail in five seconds.
Speaker 1: We'd be like all over social media. We might even go viral. But we're not doing that. We're not going there.
Speaker 2: No, we're not doing that.
Speaker 1: In fact, wait a minute, if if Saturday is March, second.
Speaker 3: March third, second is Sunday?
Speaker 1: Okay, third, fourth, fifth Friday is the seventh right, Yes, eighteen years sober.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, very you're welcome.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it. It's snuck up on me. Okay. So here are a couple of money related, gambling related stories, and I want to know what you guys would do. These are true stories that happened recently. Okay, earlier this month, thieves stole the backpack from a man in France and his wallet was inside. They went to the corner store used his credit card to buy cigarettes and a lottery scratch off. That's where things get interesting because they won a huge jackpot on one of the scratchers, which was worth five hundred thousand American dollars.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: This is true. The cashier says they were bragging about the win and they were so excited that they left without their cigarettes. No one has come forward because if they do come forward to claim the prize, they'll know that these are the dudes that stole the wallet and used the stolen credit card. So the guy who the wallet belongs to has laid out this situation. He goes, look, I will split the money with you if you just give me back my stuff. I won't press charges. Just come forward. I'll give you half of it, and everything is said and done, boom over. What do you think would you do that?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: And then i'd have the police waiting and Susday gave me my stuff, I'd get the other two hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 1: Well, they have like thirty days to do this because they have to claim it within thirty days. So if you were the one that stole it, would you be like, wait, this is a trap.
Speaker 2: Probably i'd do it.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool of that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really cool. Two hundred and fifty thousand. Yes, at worse I get like a pey theft charge.
Speaker 1: Probably, yeah, I'll take that right. Yeah, you know what, I think I would do the same. Okay, now here's another one. A gambling at it took himself. He banned himself from a local casino.
Speaker 3: I guess you could, which is what Laura Kane's going to be doing next week.
Speaker 1: Stop it. He's forty six years old, he's from Pennsylvania. Well, you have to fill out paperwork. It's like a whole thing. When you ban yourself from a casino, you are not allowed back in. You could get in trouble. Well, he couldn't keep away. So he went in, played one machine and won fifty seven thousand dollars, which he cannot claim a penny of.
Speaker 2: Oh no, because.
Speaker 1: They have a self exclusionist which allows people with a gambling problem to block themselves from betting. So since he did that, it's on paper, it's all written out, he signed it. He was denied his jackpot of fifty seven funny dollars. And you've cited for trespassing.
Speaker 2: That's what you get.
Speaker 1: But dummy, oh my god, wouldn't you just be kicking yourself like this is totally because that's what you.
Speaker 2: Get, that karma.
Speaker 1: And finally, when you brush your teeth, do you sit in front of the mirror and just finish the job there? Do you walk around? Do you sit on the toilet?
Speaker 2: Do you sit on the toilet?
Speaker 1: I'm looking at a pole and some people do that.
Speaker 2: No, I stare at myself. I either stand in front of the mirror or I walk around, just stare at myself until I finish.
Speaker 1: And what do you what are you thinking about? What are you thinking about when you're staring at.
Speaker 2: Your brushing my teeth?
Speaker 1: He's like, you, sexy beast, I lock in good. Yeah, I'm going to do I'm going to kill the day. I'm going to do this.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just brushing my teeth. Make an eye contact. Have you heard of those towel.
Speaker 1: Electric toothbrushes, the round ones?
Speaker 3: They come in a little dome. No you it has a self cleaning thing and you got one.
Speaker 2: I got one. They're awesome.
Speaker 1: It's just the self cleaning thing. Or does it brush your teeth in a your.
Speaker 2: Teeth in a different way?
Speaker 3: It gets my dental hygienis. Was like, your gums and everything look so good.
Speaker 1: What's it shape like? I mean the actual.
Speaker 3: Brush, it's just like a normal toothbrush. Okay, but the bristles move like independently from each other, so it gets way in between your teeth and under your gums.
Speaker 1: How much was it?
Speaker 2: Like fifty bucks?
Speaker 1: And it's totally worth it, so worth it? And what's it called? You do you reminder ow to tao? Okay? Well three people three percent of the people polled say they sit somewhere to brush their teeth. Seventy one percent say they just do it in front of the mirror. Some people do it in the shower. Do you ever do it in the shower?
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 1: I don't. I know a lot of people that do that. They get the whole thing done at once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then you've got to like spit all that toothpaste.
Speaker 1: No, I walk around the house toilet it.
Speaker 3: Ew.
Speaker 2: That is so gross.
Speaker 1: I'm usually like doing something. So I'm like, Okay, I'm gonna go downstairs. I'm gonna get the dog a bone. I'm going to da da da da while I'm brushing my teeth. So that's me.
Speaker 2: I'm a good girl.
Speaker 1: Okay, So okay, I'm gonna do this outside of your double D. Do you have anything about Justin Bieber?
Speaker 3: I have that he yelled at a paparazzi. I mean, who cares, and then that he was smoking with.
Speaker 2: Some comedian.
Speaker 1: We need to start worrying about Justin Bieber.
Speaker 2: Why do we care? I don't.
Speaker 1: I do because I feel like he's really in a bad place. What he's married, doesn't have a kid now he has a kid now. Yes, he has a beautiful wife who's very supportive.
Speaker 2: I don't know about beautiful. I'm just kidding. I don't. I don't think he should stay with Selena Gomez. I love Selena Gomez.
Speaker 1: She's way pretty good anyway. Apparently she's his rock, he said that before. But he also has problems, like he has depression problems and he gets low. Apparently there's a video, allegedly though, there is a video, oh of Justin talking to a fan. He looks super thin. He's got sunglasses and they're really super wide, like almost exaggerated. There's a grin on his face like he's on something or he doesn't really know where he is. He keeps shifting his weight from one foot to the other. He's been seen in public in recent weeks looking gaunt and wearing weird clothes like bathrobes out in public.
Speaker 2: That's so strange. He's never been known for a weird, eccentric style.
Speaker 1: Justin Bieber hasn't.
Speaker 2: Have you seen some stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't consider him mainstream in that sense.
Speaker 3: I think anybody that's had sex tests that young and it's been that just catapulted him overnight is going to be a little weird.
Speaker 1: A source says that Haley is deeply concerned for Justin, who doesn't seem to care about his own well being anymore. He's lost his motivation for making music. That's sad. I think this Diddy thing has got him all messed up. Yes, he was super close to Ditty or arrest.
Speaker 2: Him, then he's probably you probably know something.
Speaker 1: Well, he was really young when he went to these parties, like underage alleged. Okay, well you know what, let's get right to it. Because you have so much I can't even have a lot. All right, que the double D music, let's do it to it.
Speaker 2: You want to hold my dick? Oh? What do you want to hold your book?
Speaker 1: The little coloring book? Okay, I want you to start calling.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, why don't we just start off with P Diddy?
Speaker 1: Then let's do it.
Speaker 3: One of his lawyers quit, saying that under no circumstances can he continue to represent him.
Speaker 2: So this guy represented uh Osama bin Laden and I believe too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he filed a motion to be removed from his legal team. He said, quote, under no circumstances can I continue to effectively serve as counsel for Shancombs.
Speaker 1: So does that mean that did he admitted something to him something when he morally can't continue. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think more likely just being I'm sure did He's just been a pain in the ass.
Speaker 3: That's far more that could be it, or something was uncovered where he's like, I can't morally, I'll go straight to hell.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's that. I think he's just because typically if you have a client that's done something that bad and there's evidence of it, you don't really have to worry about him getting off scott free. Your job is just to give him the best fair representation, not get him off, you know, with no consequence. So for this guy, he's done some high profile like actual evil villains. Like, my guess is that is it?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 2: He was just being an absolute just pain in the butt to work with.
Speaker 1: So well he's uh, he's got other lawyers too. This was the only lawyer. So I guess the trial's going to still go.
Speaker 3: It's still scheduled for me. Oh he still has five other attorneys.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. My guess is he was just like, no, man, get me off free. Like I'm not taking a plea dealer, I'm not doing this or I'm not talking. So you know, he was just giving them no recourse.
Speaker 1: Are we going to get any names or is it going to be like a what was that other guy? Epstein?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, where no names ever really came out.
Speaker 2: My guess is that they will all take plea deals and able to give testimony for their names being removed. Yeah, that's what I would do if I were them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, money, money, money, much money.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to have a title of like a child bluster on their.
Speaker 1: Or even being in the same room where that might have been happening. Yeah, even if they didn't. Yes, agreed.
Speaker 3: So I think that this is because of the Blake Lively, Ryan Reynolds, Justin Baldoni thing. Taylor Swift has lost over one hundred and forty four thousand, two hundred Instagram followers since the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, of course out of heard what how many? Who knows?
Speaker 1: Probably eight million?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, she's probably close to one hundred. Oh yeah, she's got so many followers.
Speaker 1: So that's really not that No, but you were probably mad.
Speaker 2: That that could be an Instagram bought purge like that. Yeah, it could be. But okay.
Speaker 3: So also in reference to that, did you hear about did.
Speaker 2: You see it ends with us?
Speaker 1: I did not, did you know?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Jenny Slat is a comedian and she portrays Justout Justin Baldoni's sister in the movie.
Speaker 1: She used to be on SNL.
Speaker 3: Yes, and all this stuff with the Blake Lively.
Speaker 1: Oh and did you read The Hollywood Reporter?
Speaker 3: And so if you guys haven't seen the new issue of The Hollywood Reporter, you have to just google it for the cover.
Speaker 2: And then there are so many hidden things in it, like what's on the cover?
Speaker 3: It's her and Justin Baldoni and.
Speaker 2: They are what does it insinuate? Like she's the from.
Speaker 1: Is that a slingshot in us? Okay?
Speaker 3: And he's got like the book and it's Blake versus Baldoni and she is having a fit over it. Oh really yeah, a literal should fit over it. So the article is actually really good though does it favor him or it is pretty neutral? But it's written very very well. She doesn't come off looking great in it. But anyway, she was alluding to this amended lawsuit that there was another actress that was going to come forward and just blow her case out of the water to make her look great. Well, it turns out that was allegedly Jenny Slat, who filed an HR complaint with Wayfair Studios. She had an issue with Jamie Heath, who is the studio president wasn't about any kind of harassment.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know what it was about?
Speaker 3: Yes, it was about her lodging accommodations. So, Jenny Slat and Justin Baldoni both live in Los Angeles. Blake Lively lives in New York. She rented an apartment there during the duration of the filming and paid a fifteen thousand dollars security deposit. Once she got into set apartment, she did not like it. So she went to Jamie Heath, who is the president of the studio that is putting out the movie, and said, I don't like my accommodations. And he said, I guess he and this actress are members of her religion. And I don't remember what it's called, but they like mothers and women are like deities. They're highly respected.
Speaker 2: Honored religion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a I forget what the name of the religion is. I've only heard about it like once or twice before, and much She.
Speaker 1: Was offended that her accommodations weren't pop notched.
Speaker 3: Had they weren't well, she didn't like the building or the unit or whatever. So he said, you know what, if you decide to move, we will reimburse you for the fifteen thousand dollars that you shelled out for the security deposit because she didn't want to lose it. And but he said something about you know, her being a mother and you know what a wonderful thing that is, and she got offended by that, like it was.
Speaker 2: It was literally well, I don't okay, I mean, I don't know what we don't know what that interaction looked like it may have been. I mean, the tone on there alone could imply a bunch of different things, So who knows.
Speaker 1: I just think, did you find out what religion she is?
Speaker 2: I'm looking. Oh but even if, even if Blake Lively is the worst person in the world, I don't really I don't really care about two super famous, rich snobs being dicks to each other on the snow and it's doing each other so stupid. I just think this, like this lawsuit, Oh, she's just Jewish. No, I think.
Speaker 1: Jenny Slade should be grateful that she got a roll and got accommodations. I would be. I wouldn't complain. Uh uh, that's like diva behavior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really stupid.
Speaker 1: I don't know. So maybe there's more to that than.
Speaker 3: I'm going to play a really quick, quick snippet of a song. Okay, well, somebody is releasing an album after a fifteen year hiatus. Now I'm gonna play just a sample of it.
Speaker 1: Do I like this person?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Would Brian like this person?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Is it our era?
Speaker 2: He might? Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, go for it. I'm going to forward it a little bit so that you can actually hear.
Speaker 1: The it's a woman, obviously, yes. I love how we don't edit anything and then we just let this roll.
Speaker 2: I have no clue.
Speaker 1: The voice sounds familiar.
Speaker 2: It's kind of light, kind of husky.
Speaker 1: Is it Shania Twain? No, she's been around. I don't know who. Jessica Simpson, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's called Use My Heart Against Me, And it's actually very very good.
Speaker 2: Is she okay? Since I mean, is she skinny again? Or is she still? Oh? She's super skinny again? Okay, because there was like every time I look I like, see anything the news about her, it's always just about like whether she's skinny or fat.
Speaker 1: Right now, she's so loaded with her shoe line.
Speaker 2: And she's also gorgeous too, I know, yeah, she is really really pretty.
Speaker 3: And it's called the album that's coming out to EP and that's called I think Nashville Sessions or something like that. But the song is actually really really good.
Speaker 1: You know who's going on tour?
Speaker 2: Who Oh?
Speaker 1: I wrote this story in the newsroom today. He said he would never ever go on stage again. After his farewell tour, which stopped in San Diego, Elton John is coming back for one night May ninth, Pecko Park.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank god for.
Speaker 1: A concert that benefits cancer research, because he is a cancer survivor. He had prostate cancer, so they're raising money. He said, you know what, I'll do it for one night. So are you going to go again and just go to the gift shop.
Speaker 2: I'm going, hold on, I'm buying tickets right now.
Speaker 1: Well, they haven't released ticket prices yet. This is so new, like tickets go on sale on the seventh of March.
Speaker 2: I'm not going Wait what day is it though? The ninth is that you said? May?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, yes, May ninth, Petco Park. I'm going, oh, maybe it's going to be huge.
Speaker 2: You work in the radio. Can you give me tickets?
Speaker 1: You know what? It used to be so easy, it really did asking. I'm just okay, let me. I can't let me the way it is anymore.
Speaker 2: Give me tickets please.
Speaker 1: If that were the case, I would be on my hands and knees begging my bosses to get me an into eminem tickets whenever he fought.
Speaker 2: So you can leave by like the thirty minute marker or something.
Speaker 1: No, I will stay for that entire thing.
Speaker 2: She'll be like looking for a T shirt.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll do that. I'll probably do that before.
Speaker 3: She'd have her I'm a red bull, a big old pretzel and a T shirt and a T shirt. So on Friday evening I.
Speaker 2: Saw the monkey.
Speaker 1: Now what is the monkey?
Speaker 2: I have?
Speaker 3: The monkey is the James one? Uh Osgood Perkins.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Osgood Perkins did Long Legs, which I hated.
Speaker 1: Horror movie.
Speaker 3: It is a horror movie. There's a little bit of comedy sprinkled. Then it's based on a Stephen King short. Okay, I like that and it was great. It is very violent, but it's the story of a dad who brings this monkey home.
Speaker 2: And it's one of those little monkeys that.
Speaker 1: That taps on the drum.
Speaker 3: And the thing is the devil itself and it whoever turns it on is not the one.
Speaker 2: That's the victim, but it is.
Speaker 3: It's about two twin brothers and this monkey and just the hell and chaos that it.
Speaker 2: Rex on a main town.
Speaker 1: By the way, that doll that you gave me for Halloween, the haunted doll is out in the patio.
Speaker 2: Pissed to the dog toys.
Speaker 1: She told me she's pissed.
Speaker 2: Oh God, she's coming for you. She said, yeah. She said that you're gonna get it. You're gonna get your come up in soon.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say what it is, but when I went to see psychic Reverend Natalie Vale for my acupuncture, she told me what she felt when she held that doll, and she goes, I didn't want to say it because I didn't want to trigger anybody who was listening. But I believe when I when I held that doll, it all came flooding to me that the person, the girl that owned the doll, was severely abused, and all of her energy was she would hug that doll, and that energy holds all of that negativity and horror and everything, and she felt it. That's what she told me.
Speaker 2: Just what you want in your house.
Speaker 1: That's why she's outside. Wow, I know, Brian.
Speaker 2: She's really good. She's really good.
Speaker 3: She's really gonna be mad if it starts raining.
Speaker 1: That was funny, the biggest eye roll I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I started seizing a little bit.
Speaker 1: You're like, just white.
Speaker 2: I got that thing on. I was scammed willfully out of sixty four dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it was sixty four.
Speaker 2: That was fifty maybe, I don't know what it was. It was halfway to one hundred. It was pricey, and I was scammed have it willingly. I knew I was getting myself into. And that doll is just a crappy doll. It's not even a good doll. It's it's like if it wasn't haunted, it would be a mediocre doll.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Do you either one of you have Max Hbo Max, Yes, I've either one of you seen Shining Veil. No, No, oh my god, Laura, you haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: Courtney Cox, Yes, right.
Speaker 3: It is so good. And Greg Knear and Mirror Sorvino.
Speaker 1: Isn't it okay? Is it an in its second season? First season, it's in its second season.
Speaker 3: I was late to the party, and I'm really glad though that I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I started watching. It is good.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, you're late to the party on the Severance.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know. That's get on that.
Speaker 1: That thing is so good. I am up. I'm caught up until the next episode, which is on the twenty eight. So you watched the last episode. I sure did.
Speaker 2: Think it's pretty crazy, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's so freaking good. Oh my god, I love it.
Speaker 3: Okay, what Ben and j Lo are officially divorced as of February twenty first, Oh, okay, that didn't already happen. Moving on, ROBERTA. Flack who sang killing me softly. That was covered again later by Lauren Hill. And the fujis dead at eighty eight years old. Oh yeah, they didn't say what the cause of death was. But and would you like to hear some of the winners of the Saga Awards. I'm not going to go I'm not going to rattle off everything, but I'll just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because this is a precursor to the Oscars and sometimes just reflects what's gonna be happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on Sunday, best I'll just read the best of some of them. Motion Picture was Conclave Best Actor Timothy Chalamay for Complete Unknown. Best Actress Demi Moore for The Substance. Supporting actor Kieran Culkin for A Real Pain.
Speaker 1: That was a great movie.
Speaker 2: Is it a comedy, No.
Speaker 1: It's serious. It's about two cousins who get together to go visit the Holocaust. Oh oh, the travels because they're both of the Jewish faith. One is kind of like crazy and one is like super serious. No CD, And it's just how they get along and how they each interpret the events and stuff. Got it. It's really good. I love that actor, He's so great.
Speaker 3: Best Supporting Actress Zoeys Aldana for Amelia Perez. I'm Best actor on a TV show Colin Farrell for The Penguin. Actress Jessica Gunning for Baby Reindeer.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, she was the Stalker right.
Speaker 3: Best drama TV Showgun?
Speaker 1: Have we the Penguin didn't get it?
Speaker 2: That's Crazygun?
Speaker 1: Have we any of us tried Shogun?
Speaker 2: No? I have not watched The Penguin was so good, though, I have no desire to watch Shogun.
Speaker 3: Best TV comedy Only Murders in the Building, Come on, hacks Well. Best actor was Martin Short for Only Murders in the Building. Best Actress was Gene smart for Hacks.
Speaker 1: Here we go and that's it. Okay, I Special correspondent.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, and live from Los Angeles. So glad that you joined us today. I hope the drive wasn't too bad, Miss Laura Kane. All right to have another list budding superstar.
Speaker 1: That we can argue or you can take guesses.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: These are ten comedies that are funny from start to finish, ranked by a website called MovieWeb dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, so wait a minute.
Speaker 1: These are comedies that are funny from start to finish.
Speaker 2: Name some ridesmaids.
Speaker 1: Nope, not on the list.
Speaker 2: What step Brothers not on the list?
Speaker 1: That's insane?
Speaker 2: The other guys, uh.
Speaker 1: Not on the list?
Speaker 2: Air Pattishack Airplanes number one? I know, airplane number one, Caddyshack.
Speaker 1: Caddie Shack is number six.
Speaker 2: Anty Python, Holy Grail, seven Young Franks and sign.
Speaker 1: No not on the list. Life of Brian not on the list. Okay, I'll go from number ten. Okay, which I've never heard of? This movie? Have you? Pop Star? Never Stop? Never Stopping?
Speaker 2: I think I've heard what never heard of it?
Speaker 1: Blazing Saddle.
Speaker 2: That is a good one.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it black Dynamite.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think that's any Murphy. I don't know.
Speaker 1: And then Monty Python Caddie Shack number five. Totally agree with this one.
Speaker 2: Super Bad.
Speaker 1: Ye, No, loved that movie. I laughed.
Speaker 2: My Super's great.
Speaker 1: Anchorman is number four.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that was funny. I just I just saw the clip the other day where Christina Applegate and I, uh, what's her name? She goes, Ron Burgundy will read anything off of a teleprompter, and I mean anything, and so Christina Applegate, you know how they were at war with each other. She goes and changes it. And at the end of the broadcast, he's all, and f you san Diego, and you hear everybody He's like, I'm gonna have to fire you wrong.
Speaker 2: It was so funny.
Speaker 1: This is a movie that I my Evan's first movie. She was a baby. I was breastfeeding her and I brought her to the movies. I went with a friend and she was really quiet because she was eating. And I'm telling you, when he landed the line I'm kind of a big deal when he was saying that when he first met her, and then about the leatherbound books and stuff like that, and I don't think I laughed that hard in a long long time. Now it's so funny to me, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: It's a good I think the other guys is like top ten comed Oh that one is so funny. I didn't like that. Well that's Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell. I thought that was a buddy cop movie. No, it's stinking funny.
Speaker 1: It's great. Yeah, you know what else is good as twenty one Jump Street with Channing Tatum and uh what's his face? I love that one? Okay, then weird. The Al Yankovic story is one three. I don't know, I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: That that is bullshit. It was so.
Speaker 1: Stupid Eurovision Song Contest, the story of Fire Saga.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, that was the dumbest thing. It wasn't even funny.
Speaker 1: So stupid, dumb and dumbers not on here, Like you said, step Napoleon dyne Mite, where's that?
Speaker 2: Napoleon Bora is funny? Napoleon Dynamite's not actually that funny, Like, there's no jokes in it. The whole thing is just kind of entertaining. Yeah, it's not way. I wouldn't put that as a comedy movie.
Speaker 1: Step Brothers is so freaking out Step.
Speaker 2: Brothers is funny. I think that's really crazy. That's not on there. Actually the I think it's the Campaign with Will Ferrell and Zach Alfanakis.
Speaker 1: Oh that was that movie is underrated. That one's actually really fun. When they're at dinner with the two kids, he's like, like, screws his wife?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, and he's like I stuck my finger in the cat's asshole or something like that.
Speaker 2: He's like, why would you do that? Like?
Speaker 1: What is it called the campaign?
Speaker 2: I think it's called the campaign. It's called the campaign. It's really good.
Speaker 1: What is your favorite comedy movie of all time?
Speaker 3: Mine Foul Play with Chevy Chase and Goldie.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're going old school?
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: I think I've seen that movie probably thirty seven times.
Speaker 2: It is. I it is hilarious.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to go super Bad or Anchorman.
Speaker 2: I think Anchorman's really overrated. It is funny, but I don't know if it's really top ten.
Speaker 1: Remember when the news groups like the yeah that's PBS group and I had that big brawl that was really funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny because San Diego actually has a really underwhelming TV like network, like our local TV network is actually super undersized for how big we are.
Speaker 1: Not lately, not these days.
Speaker 3: Do you know that Airplane is The remake is coming out in a couple months and it's Liamis and Pamela Anderson. Oh, I think it's gonna be hilarious. We'll see the first one's a classic.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be funny, though. I think Monty Python The Holy Grail, though, is one of the greatest comedy movies.
Speaker 3: I think Young Frankenstein is really funny. If you haven't seen that.
Speaker 1: Oh I did my dad and I love that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I loved you.
Speaker 3: Did you see History of the World Part one?
Speaker 2: No, it's a mel Brooks.
Speaker 3: Movie as well, the same guy that did Blazing Saddles. And there was an actress that was big at the time. She was in all his movies and her name was Madeline Kahn. Do you remember Madeline Cohn?
Speaker 1: Yes? I have another one, Yes, And that was really good.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, was hilarious.
Speaker 1: There is a movie that I was. I sat up in my bed and I laughed out loud at least four Timesiams. It's called Bad Trip. I think it's called Bad Trip, and it has that guy Eric Andre in it. And there are some scenes I watched that movie pretty funny, the gorilla scene and the scene in the bar where he gets.
Speaker 2: Drunk, the zo scene, the Zeus scene is outrageously like, like, shockingly funny. Have you guys seen Girls Trip?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a great.
Speaker 3: Okay, that one's funny. And have you seen Friday? Oh my god, Friday?
Speaker 2: So the hangover?
Speaker 1: That was great. Oh my gosh, it makes me want to see all these Oh my gosh, I'm so excited because I get to watch the next episode of White Lotus, which I didn't get to yesterday. Why are you.
Speaker 2: Owing I'm boycotting it? Why?
Speaker 3: Because Patrick Schwarzenegger is in it?
Speaker 1: So oh from a Green you know the Anne Green story. Remember we had on and used part of that.
Speaker 3: So after that, I was I talked to the other day and I was like, yeah, I was sall excited to watch it, And then after I saw that he was in it, I was like, and he plays a total douchebag in it too.
Speaker 1: He's cute though he's cuter than I thought he was going to be.
Speaker 2: He's basically playing himself.
Speaker 1: And we have a new we have a new God. Why can't I think of it? It's on showtime. It's the one about the girls that get lost in the woods.
Speaker 2: Oh yellows, yellow jackets.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was so good.
Speaker 3: You are going to flip your wig.
Speaker 1: I was at Jodie's house last night watching ninety Days Fiance, so I'm all caught up on that.
Speaker 2: Oh, how's my joy?
Speaker 1: She's doing? Okay, she's not fine?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Okay, before we go. Oh, so Eric has found out who he is styling.
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure I think I know who it might be. What makes you think, like just some of the things that I've heard?
Speaker 1: Okay, next episode are Thursday. Episode is going to be about the Oscars. Yes, I'm going to tell you about my interview this morning with an Australian radio program Milks.
Speaker 2: This every year now.
Speaker 1: I sent Brian some pictures in a video that I hope he uploaded to show you guys some photos And Keith, you haven't heard this story about why I've been banned, blacklisted, fired from being a seat filler at the Oscars. I'll tell you that, and then Eric is going to tell us who will you tell us? Maybe you think it is or can you not I can't.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to now. Okay, Laura loves breaking the Oscar rule.
Speaker 1: I know, I sure do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. Me told I can't go before I can even go.
Speaker 1: I know you're gonna get banned from being a stylist ever association with me. And then we're going to play a game called guilty or Innocence. Okay, each one of us is going to be in the hot seat perfect, and then I'm gonna give you a scenario and you have to tell me if you've done it or not. And if you've done it, you got to tell us the story. And they are good. But let's end this show talking about Dune jewelry.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 1: Oh you're wearing your ring with sand from Canada, where your daddy was worn. This is a quality, very masculine ring. Yes, they make joy for men women, silver gold necklace, bracelets, rings that have sentimental value. You can pick your element. I really like the sea glass. They have really pretty blue and green sea glass. You can mix it in with crystals or sand from a place that is important to you, or you can send in creamines. They'll tell you how to do that. Like this spring right here has the ashes of my father within the ring with rubies and I have not taken it out, and I love it so much. I don't know if people think it's weird. I don't care, but a lot of people have been asking me, oh my gosh, I want to do that with some ashes that I have. Yeah, I would love that. It's June weird. It's your loved one, thank you, thank you. It's not like I'm wearing the blood like like what it.
Speaker 2: Is Billy Bob Thornton.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, by the way, although I.
Speaker 2: Do have a vile of blood of yours that I wear all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh really, by the way, what I think he's so sexy? Who Billy Bob Thornton. Okay, I'm going there, I'm going there. He is. There's something about that dude. I would like a tree. I would in two seconds, even at this stage in his life, which I don't know how old is he seventy? I don't know, but anyway, perfect for you. If you go to Dune dot com, it's only a ten year age difference, right who cares at this point? Donjeury dot com and you find something you really love, pick it out, design it. They'll help you there's it's really really a beautiful website, beautiful jewelry. You can hand it down to your loved ones, you can get it for a gift, give it to yourself. Put in code Laura Caane fifteen and you'll get fifteen percent off your order when you check out.
Speaker 2: That's right, and the way I love you.
Speaker 1: Dune Jewelry, Oh gosh, they just put the just the most perfect touches. Everything is beautiful from the packaging to the actual product. So go to Dunejewelry dot com. And here's a little bit more about our favorite place in San Diego to get a little touch up here, a little touch up there, Maybe some boobs here, maybe about there. It's Lahoya Cosmetic. Here's more about them. La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center is the place to go if you're looking to rejuvenate your appearance, tighten and shape your body, and just something special for yourself. You deserve to look your very best.
Speaker 3: Laoya Cosmetic Surgery Center offers over ninety procedures and treatments for a natural, youthful appearance. They are at absolutely the best in the business. Try out their treatment planner at glamfam dot com. It's so easy and amazing to use.
Speaker 1: We can't say enough great things about their board certified plastic surgeons. And guess what they offer flexible payment plans so you can start your journey to a better you right now.
Speaker 3: Free consultations too. The very best in the business is in our own backyard. How lucky are we?
Speaker 1: Make sure you tell them that. Laura Kane after Dark sent you we love everything about La joya cosmetic surgery center.
Speaker 2: Go to glamfam dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay, so coming up on Thursday, we're going to talk about the oscars. We have a lot of stuff to talk about because it's on Sunday. Tell you why I'm banned, and we'll try to get to the bottom of who Eric's going to be styling at this year's show.
Speaker 2: I'm not why are you.
Speaker 3: No information that I'm not signing to tease because I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just my own.
Speaker 1: We're going to play a fun game and I'm going to put out a plea because I need to have somebody on the podcast and I want silence from you and you I'm going to ask I need your help, listeners, I need your help because this is something that needs to happen. It's very important, coming up on Thursday. In the meantime, thank you for watching live on Instagram, thank you for watching on YouTube, thank you for listening on any platform. We're on all of them.
Speaker 2: We are. We're kind of a big deal.
Speaker 1: We've been doing this for five and a half years or whatever, and we love it and we love you guys, and love your podcast.
Speaker 2: Love your podcast.
Speaker 1: I love you, my sweet babies,