Speaker 1: I'm excited to tell you guys about a restaurant that I went to that's opened up just before COVID that right, and they survived and it's really really good and really really cool. I'm gonna tell you about that in just a second. But first big win for the long Horns over the weekend at dk R. It was a final like fifty six to seven.
Speaker 2: Fifty six to seven, that is correct, and against ut San Antonio to the road Runners.
Speaker 1: I did not know that the road Runner doesn't strike fear into the heart.
Speaker 3: No, like a long Horns not. Did you see when Bevo came out.
Speaker 2: There's a video of him coming out of the tunnel when they brought him on the field.
Speaker 3: I think it was this game.
Speaker 2: His handlers are on either side and he comes to where he jumps over something like where the turf connects to the cement. It spooked him, he jumped over it, but it looked like he was coming out like I musty to go, and.
Speaker 3: People were like, okayp was that was cool.
Speaker 1: I remember a few years ago he mixed it up with the Georgia Bulldogs mask like.
Speaker 4: I didn't like him at all at all.
Speaker 1: And Longhorns are ranked number one in the country, by the way, because Georgia didn't look very good against Kentucky. But arch Manning is definitely the story. Quinn Ewers, the starting quarterback had an abdominal injury. Arch Manning, yes, the nephew of Bayan and Eli, came in and just lit it up for passing touchdowns, a sixty seven yard run yep, which was great. Yeah, I'm trying. I'm gonna see if Craig Whale come on the show with us this week.
Speaker 3: Talk about it, just talk about be I want to talk.
Speaker 4: To him about being the voice of the Longhorns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, husband for how long?
Speaker 1: Now ever ever? Yeah, yep, forever. And he does football, basketball, and baseball. I just think Craig's a.
Speaker 3: Good guy and he's really good at his job.
Speaker 1: Very good, that's what he does. So congratulations to the Longhorn. Big win over the Winket weekend and a number one ranking. Now, can I tell you about this restaurant? So I got together and I assumed there's some people that don't know, but my old radio partner JB and I. JB and I did the radio show together for eighteen years and he and I get together once in a while and grab dinner. And we were like, let's go out to dinner. And I was kind of my job to pick the place, right, So I was like, yeah, I'm gonna go somewhere new. I've been to all the old lost in places.
Speaker 3: Right, there's so many places to try here.
Speaker 1: Right, and there's so many new places. So I just did some digging around and I remembered somebody I can't remember who told me a bit about a place called Vic and Owls, right, so I looked it up, great reviews, looks really cool, good location. It's just off of Manor in like twelve okay, you know what I'm talking about. And so we met there and it is the coolest little restaurant and it's small, it's not very big, it's not fancy, and it's New Orleans style food and it's still delicious.
Speaker 2: You love that that You've said, that's one of your favorite styles of food.
Speaker 1: It is like in the United States, for if you picked a region of food, I would pick my favorite to be Louisiana that type of food. And so we went there and it's really cool and they really specialize in, like I said, New Orleans Louisiana type of cuisine. But they also are specialty cocktail makers, like they have invented certain types of cocktails, and they're real proud of them, you know what I mean. They're they're cool, and I don't drink anymore. So I asked the bartender if I could have an Arnold Palmer, which is lemonade mixed with iced tea. They didn't have lemonade, so she had to concoct something that tasted like lemonade.
Speaker 3: She didn't make fresh lemonade. Yeah, but you drink, right.
Speaker 1: She had to make it out of the stuff that she had, and that's not like she could go to the back and get a powder and make a lemonade. She mixed a bunch of stuff and it was really really.
Speaker 3: Good, super fresh.
Speaker 1: Right, what's the uh? You were looking at the menu? There's a cocktail you like.
Speaker 2: Something called the Purple Drink, which is gin, grape soda and lemon Heck, y'all sign me up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How do I get that? Go there? It's only five bucks?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the interesting thing about Vic and Owls is that it's the Petresi family. If you're a Houstonian, you know that restaurant. Patreesi's you've heard of that, but they changed the menu up all the time. Yeah, it's not the same thing, says, we cook up.
Speaker 3: Something different every day.
Speaker 2: So if you want to call and see what they're serving that night, you have to actually call the restaurant and ask them.
Speaker 4: Do you what does it say on the menu about the corn dogs that cracked me up?
Speaker 3: Hope?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me find corn dogs, silly little corn dogs that will start to show up in your dreams because it's that delicious.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: I had a pole boy there. It was fantastic, and I also I overordered. I ordered the gumbo.
Speaker 3: Also, you had sassafrass rice in your gumbo.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 3: It's like that word sasa prass.
Speaker 4: And it was too much for me to eat, so I brought it home. But it was really good. Again.
Speaker 1: The name of the restaurant we're talking about is Vic and Owls. They're on East We're on the east side on Manor at about twelve Street. Wow, has that neighborhood gotten cool?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 4: It's really really cool.
Speaker 1: A bunch of cool little restaurants and there's tons of apartments and stuff. But man, I drove back through the neighborhood over there. I can't help but say, why didn't we buy a house here in like nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Right, they're cute.
Speaker 2: They are cute, Yeah, super cute and just going up and up and up in value.
Speaker 1: But I do wonder and JB and I were talking about this about that neighborhood because it's kind of like a little Terrytown before they started knocking things down in Terrytown. Yeah, and building big giant houses. Right, it's kind of like that. Yeah, it's cool, these cute little post war homes that are cool. The neighborhood's nice. I could put it this where I could live there. Yeah, liked it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think it's so cute over there. You actually brought home some of the beignets. Oh yeah, dude, Yeah, those we're good.
Speaker 4: I know how to score well.
Speaker 1: I was threatened before I went by, trusted to come home with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're not going to come home with the dessert, don't come home at all, I think, is what I said. And you delivered. The beignets were delicious. They actually have on their Brench menu fried chicken and beignetes served together.
Speaker 3: That sounds delicious, it does.
Speaker 1: And I bought dinner it's a thank you to JB for filling it on the show while you were gone and you were in North Carolina and I was getting the beignetes and I was like, you know what, two orders of Beignet's for JB to take home to his wife.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, you understand.
Speaker 4: You get it. And then she got a note.
Speaker 1: I got a text from her the next morning, thank you very much for the yummy beignets. And by the way, I told JB about your dirty greeting card.
Speaker 3: Place and Clover.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh god, yep. He would definitely appreciate the dirty cards.
Speaker 4: Loved it. He's like, I'm definitely ordering dirty cards.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I think I think the era of like sweet mushy cards like you, I think that's done and I think we have graduated to dirty cards to get our message out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I can't read. Tricia gives them to me for birthdays and things like that.
Speaker 3: You can't repeat them.
Speaker 2: I can't even try and describe what they say on the radio without even using you can't.
Speaker 4: No, no, can't. They're dirty.
Speaker 3: They're dirty.
Speaker 4: Just just search Crimson and.
Speaker 2: Clover, Crimson and Clover Studios. I think, right, that's yeah. Cards very funny, very funny. Is dirty dirty dirty dirty? They're so funny, they are, They're very funny. So check down what a lot of information in that. Let's add a little bit more. Grab the Sandy shal podcast where you get your podcast. Okay, you guys asked for it, and we're trying to get to that number one hundred spot.
Speaker 4: I check real quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see who's there? Isn't that Dan Broward guy?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's renewdo guy.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you in a sex.
Speaker 1: So what we're trying to do is if you go to our website at one O three to one Austin dot com, you'll see this little icon. It's pink. It says top podcast this week on iHeartRadio. Now, we know that getting up to number one is not really a possible ability because of the limitations of the signal of this radio, right And we're not trying to be greedy, no we're not. So we're trying to be number one hundred on the list. The only way we can get there is by you guys downloading the podcast. It's all based on downloads, so tell your friends too. Number one hundred right now is my favorite murder with Karen Kilgariff and Georgia.
Speaker 4: Hard Stark.
Speaker 1: Each week, Karen and Georgia share compelling true crime and hometown stories from friends and listeners. Since MFM launched in January of twenty sixteen, Karen and Georgia have shared their lifelong interest in true crime and covered stories of infamous serial killer.
Speaker 2: Really yeah yeah, okay, so I'll trup probably listen to that might not help us advice them at Number one home. Now it's like I'm siding with the enemy right now.
Speaker 1: You want to know who number one is? Yes, stuff you should know? Oh, stuff, you should.
Speaker 3: I thought you're gonna say dateline or something.
Speaker 4: Now that's been there. Here's this one's on the Manson Family Murders.
Speaker 2: That's their latest episode, Chris Country Obsessed with murders. Yeah, serial killers. Oh you know they're coming out with a new Mindhunter season.
Speaker 4: Oh they are.
Speaker 2: Oh I can't wait. Spotlighten some serial killer in that season.
Speaker 4: That's a great show.
Speaker 3: Wait to watch it and be terrified.
Speaker 1: Right, so it'd be terrified. Yeah, So grab the Sandy Show podcast. It will help us out. Send a link to a friend, post it on your social media, hit the auto download, subscribe and follow. All those things help us, and if you don't mind leaving a positive five.
Speaker 4: Star review, that helps too. All right, a quick break.
Speaker 1: We've got more coming out on Austin's eighty station on OH three point one and streaming on the iHeartRadio app on Sundays. I always kind of flip through DO five point two dot com, which has got all the stuff that's going on in Austin, And to be honest with you, I think it's probably my age. But a lot of times as I flip through it, I'm like, there's nothing for me to do.
Speaker 3: There's nothing for me to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's nothing here for me to do. I mean there's a lot of things to do. I can't believe how many different trivia shows or nights they're are everywhere. And how also how many different drag shows there are.
Speaker 2: That's true, Yep, there are a lot in the drag brunches.
Speaker 4: There's a lot, ye there, Huh, I mean it's just a lot.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it makes me think I should maybe break out Anita for our Although do you have my other red shoe?
Speaker 3: No, you've asked me that twice.
Speaker 2: I never was in possession of any of Anita Ferrari's clothing ever, don't have.
Speaker 1: It missing one of my shoes like Cinderella. Anyway, I clicked through DU five one two just to see what's going on in Austin, something I may want to get out and do. And it looks like Thursday night, I'm going to a show with I'm taking the Fuzz and one of her friends.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's right, which one.
Speaker 1: Sophie, Sophie, Sophie somebody I can't remember.
Speaker 3: That's okay, you're gonna take them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a new up and coming start. She was just on she was on Jimmy Kimmel recently. I'm gonna take them. There's a show at Waterloo Park at the mood at the Moody Amphitheater.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay six the Moody's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're everywhere, They're everywhere.
Speaker 1: But there's a show Saturday night in Cedar Park at a really cool venue called the Hotspot H A U T. And if you listened to the radio at all in nineteen ninety nine, you remember Vertical Horizon.
Speaker 3: I remember everywhere to that song.
Speaker 1: Time and a place, yep, her Vertical Horizon. But all these years later, twenty five years later, they're.
Speaker 4: Still doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's one of those shows you would go to for that song, right, just for that song, right, and.
Speaker 4: I guarantee it'll be the last song.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And just so you know, they're there from six to midnight on Saturday, so you're gonna have to wait a long time.
Speaker 4: Well, they're not gonna go on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: But the next day Queens and Wings drag Brunch. We were just talking about they're playing there too. No, no, no, no, at Hotspot. Oh. We were just saying that there's a drag brunch everywhere, and there is. When that next day we have a drag.
Speaker 4: There's a drag bunch in Cedar Park, Texas.
Speaker 3: Yes, there is. Things are changing in c Your Park, yes they are.
Speaker 4: Wow, I didn't know they did that.
Speaker 2: That's they got little Bob Schneider happening there. Love me some Bob Schneider. He is going to be there on September twenty fifth. Remember when they used to do that at Shady Grove on Barton Springs. They'd have blues on the Green, I believe. Yeah, out there we went to see him. Oh my god, it was packed every time and hot. Oh so hot? Yeah, so hot. They got a lot of people there.
Speaker 1: I'm looking up this this Sophie chick that I the Fuzz Rope. It opened me into taking her to do this. Yeah, but I'm gonna tell you who it is in just a second.
Speaker 3: Did you hear how?
Speaker 2: I was like, you better make sure her friend can go before you buy those tickets, because this happens a lot with the Fuzz. She sets it up and makes it sound like it's all been worked out, and then you agree to it, so your arrange your schedule and she's like, oh yeah, so it's okaygo And I'm like, would she back out? She's gonna quite aster yet. Yeah, you got to get all the info up front.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Anyway, it's Thursday night and I can't.
Speaker 3: Find whoever is Waterloo Park.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't. I don't know if I have the name Sophie right, I can't remember. There's a Sophie Tucker, but that's not her. She's playing Wednesday night. Oh I'm sorry. Fay Webster, not say Webster. Fay Webster. That's who it is. Is playing at the Moody Amphitheater at Waterloo Park on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard of her, so I.
Speaker 4: Was asking her.
Speaker 1: I was like fishing around, going, well, Landry know, there's different levels of tickets here. Do you want to sit in the lawn where you throw down a blanket there's going to be people walking and people in front of you, or do you want an actual seat?
Speaker 4: I was like, whatever you want to do? What she finally settled on a seat?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so that's what we're gonna but I'm gonna go for fifty bucks more. You can get a parking pass and also get access into the air conditioned area. But I'm almost doing one of those passes for me, for me, for exactly So anyway, that going back to Vertical Horizon, they're a good band and they're gonna be playing Saturday night at the hot spot in Cedar Park. You know, you just get yourself. There's a hotel right next door to the hotspot. You get yourself a hotel room. Then you get up in the morning and you go back and you go to.
Speaker 3: Dragon Bars and you go to brunch. That's exactly right.
Speaker 4: Got yourself a weekend.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh, it definitely is. It's creepy.
Speaker 1: So last week we were talking about places that have a lot of rules when you go there, and how we don't like them. You know, places like your mother doesn't work here, move your table here.
Speaker 2: To whatever, don't leave your basket here, don't leave your tray here, wipe.
Speaker 3: Up after yourself.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So, I say that the internet is listening because I went to Reddit and I clicked on popular. That can just show you what is the most popular things on Reddit right now, And the very first thing is a photograph of a menu in a rest from a restaurant in Jackson Belt, Florida called Lasina.
Speaker 4: And listen to all of these rules.
Speaker 1: They're but bear with me because they get more unbelievable as you go down the page.
Speaker 4: First of all, bury top in big print.
Speaker 1: If you encounter an issue with the perceived quality of your meal, please advise us immediately so we can take appropriate action.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Next rule, all sales are final. Credit cards are accepted on approval of management. Menu items determined to be defected by management will be replaced and or refunded at the option of management. Next rule, separate checks are possible. Advise the server before placing your order. Expect a service charge for separate checks. Right, there's more. Our servers have been carefully trained to ensure that your meal is successful. Please follow their directions and advice when ordering. The kitchen will not compromise any dish by capricious modification. Wow the way till you hear about the charge for an up charge if you split an item. Hold on, there's more. The entire restaurant is available for parties on Sundays and Mondays. Private luncheons may be held seven days a week. Listen to this, You'll hate this. Every seated guest is expected to order an entrey priced item. An up charge of twenty seven dollars per person will be added if an entred is split.
Speaker 3: Oh, twenty seven dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you.
Speaker 2: And one other persons split one entree and then you're each charged an additional twenty seven dollars. It's like they're daring the customers to come back.
Speaker 1: There's a few more of these. They get better and better. Appetizers are priced to accommodate any entred.
Speaker 4: You're gonna hate this.
Speaker 1: Single appetizers ordered as a main course will be priced sixteen dollars higher.
Speaker 3: Can you believe it's believable?
Speaker 4: Who would go to this place? I don't know Yeah.
Speaker 1: Appetizer portions of pasta ordered in addition to an entree are generally priced twenty four dollars less than the corresponding full portion price. That's unbelievable. I would never in a million years go to this restaurant.
Speaker 3: Never, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Again, it's like they're like, we dare you to come back. We're going to do everything we can to make sure you don't come back to our restaurant.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what they've done, right, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, that's that's insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think they'll be in business much longer.
Speaker 1: Make a note to check on Lessina and Jacksonville, Florida, La C E n A two works Love last ce NA. I'm gonna check on them in about six months and see how they're doing, see if they're still open. That's crazy, it is. Hey, before we get to rapid fire, Q and A, you want to maybe embarrass our daughter a little bit?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Maybe in what way?
Speaker 1: Give a shout out to someone that's just started listening that she sees every single day.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll do I know what it is.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'd like to give a shout out.
Speaker 2: To senior chief of our NJROTC unit in Landry's High School started listening. Huh, hesn get a lot of inside information about the fuzz that he can apply while.
Speaker 1: At school now right, and sending her emails with things we said on the.
Speaker 2: Show, yes, which I think is hilarious. All right, So seeing your chief, keep up the good work. We appreciate, we love it very much, all right, Wrapping fire, Q and A for Tricia. Your first question.
Speaker 1: When you were a small Tricia, did you have a girl bully?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 2: I did, and her name was Michelle. I cannot remember her last name. But this was all in elementary school. This is how far back this went. And it was me, Michelle, and Lisa. The three of us were a little group friends, not my friend Lisa bid be a different Lisa. And for some reason, and I think this the rule still applies now. At one point one of the three friends had to be mad. Two of the three friends had to be mad at one of them. Somebody was always on the out right, and I clearly remember when I was the one on the out This girl Michelle came up to me, act like she's trying to make up with me. She was al Tricia, You're so pretty. Wow, you're just so pretty, Tricia. And I was like kind of starting to smile, and she goes pretty ugly and turned around and ran off, and I wanted to die and she was just mean.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you something real quick about bullies?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So I have forever by my parents and people, gotten credit for being the person that stood up for the kid.
Speaker 3: That was being bullied against the bully.
Speaker 1: But you want to know the real reason I did it. Yeah, it's not because I'm this great person. I just liked to fight.
Speaker 3: Oh, you just wanted to start something. You do like that?
Speaker 1: Not now now, but back then, I just liked to fight and that was an opportunity to get a fight.
Speaker 2: Do you think all that fighting came from, wonder why my grandfather?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Boxer, Tricia.
Speaker 1: If you were single today and wanted to date, you had to choose between dating a guy or girl I guess, a divorce or a widow.
Speaker 4: Which one would you pick?
Speaker 3: M Okay, I think the divorce. I think the.
Speaker 2: Divorce, say, because I don't. I don't want to compete with the memory of the widow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but with the widow, you don't have to deal with the.
Speaker 2: X Well, I know, I know, but I think that I think I could deal with the ex justin I'm not worried about that.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't compete with a memory, you know what I mean? I feel like I think the divorce.
Speaker 4: Say can't compete. That's a country song.
Speaker 2: Can't compete with it, George Jones song, isn't it?
Speaker 1: I might be yeah, I'm not sure, but somebody did. If you know who's saying that seven three seven three zero one song, I know it is.
Speaker 4: I know that's a lyric. I can't compete with the memory.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't know that seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred text us Who it was?
Speaker 4: Trician? Do you have anyone who right now you wish you could punch the nose?
Speaker 3: Okay? Let me think. I don't think I do.
Speaker 4: You're not really a punch the.
Speaker 2: Physical revenge kind of person. I'm more of a like embarrassed shame, belittle you in front of other people kind of revenge. I would either humiliate you in front of somebody to get my revenge than to punch you. But if backed into a corner, I am not a post to a throat punch. I'll tell you that right now. You will go for the throat, I will go for the threat. I can't think of any one particular person. Maybe that girl Michelle from when I.
Speaker 3: Was a little kid.
Speaker 4: You ran across her today.
Speaker 2: I don't she better not find me today. I'm not falling for that trick now.
Speaker 4: All right, So you don't have anyone to punch in the nose. No, I don't good for you.
Speaker 1: A philosophical I think philosophical question for you coming up in just a second, Trisha. But first we should probably recognize that I did not trade Tricia for a guy named Steve.
Speaker 4: Today. Russia just sounds like a man.
Speaker 2: I sound like a man still. It was all last week too. Yeah, I haven't lost my voice.
Speaker 4: Coming back gargling with salt and water.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but my throat's not sore, like I'm over.
Speaker 2: The cold that caused me to sound like this could be a little raw in there.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: It doesn't hurt, but I feel like it sounds very extra masculine.
Speaker 4: You sound better than you did at the start of the show.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good. That's good.
Speaker 1: So this bear with this astricious sounds like a bear be all there is to it.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I started watching this thing on TV and I didn't watch the whole thing because, to be very honest with you, it wasn't very good. But it's a documentary about David Chase, the guy that created the sopranos. Oh okay, okay, And they were talking to him and the Kain it was. It was weird. I'm gonna tell you that. The way they edited it, the way it's hard to watch. But something that they brought up was a line from Tony Soprano that they went on to talk about that I had never heard before.
Speaker 4: I'd never put much thought to, but he said.
Speaker 1: Tony said in one of the episodes that remember when when you start a sentence with remember when that is the lowest form of communication. Do you see what I mean? Like if all you're doing is reminiscing, Yeah, and you say, remember when so and so did this? Remember when so and so did that? Remember when this happened? Remember when? That is like the point being that you're not moving forward in your life. It's kind of like, well, you're living in a high school reunion every single day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's what happens in high school, right, that's what from high School's what it's all about.
Speaker 1: Right, So my question for you is is that the lowest form or is what if?
Speaker 2: Blank? Or just flat out gossip? I don't have a problem with Remember when.
Speaker 1: If every conversation starts with remember.
Speaker 2: When every conversation, well you know what I mean, like, yeah, that's all you talk about with your colleagues or your friends. Yeah, pretty low means you peaked sometime back there.
Speaker 3: Right, what's my other one? Gossip? Or what's the other one?
Speaker 4: What if?
Speaker 3: What if?
Speaker 4: What if?
Speaker 2: Has more of a positive possibilities kind of town to it.
Speaker 3: So I don't think it's that one.
Speaker 2: I feel like, probably the answer is gossip. But that's just way more interesting than remember when, I prefer gossip over remember when you.
Speaker 1: Love but you'recially gets mad at me with gossip too, because I don't know all the details.
Speaker 3: You don't ask the right questions.
Speaker 2: He'll come home and I'll go, oh, so and so his wife is having a baby, and I'll go, what are they having? You're like, I don't know, Oh my god, how do you find that information out? And then I asked that question.
Speaker 4: Yeah I heard so and so is getting divorced because she was cheating. Really about tell me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell me, and you're like I that's all I know, wasted opportunity.
Speaker 4: That's the big difference between guys and girls.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't love The details are what make it interesting.
Speaker 3: So why you read a book?
Speaker 2: If books didn't have details, it'd just be three pages giving you information and you're done right. The details are what's interesting.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, you got very excited when our daughter on her list of books to read and decided at school, decided or think she wants to read to Kill a mocking Birdy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my two English class there have to choose a book from a book list and they're gonna write their own short story. It's an analysis review or analysis workbook. And my two favorite books from high school, To Kill a Mockingbird and Lord of the Flies.
Speaker 3: Were both on her reading list.
Speaker 2: And I was very trying to temper my excitement because I don't wonder to pick one of those just because I loved them, you know what I mean. But I was just letting her know they're really god I'd like to read. I've never read To Kill a Mockingbird. Oh I read, I loved it. I loved it and Lord of the Flies man really right on? Yeah, really good? Would you would like Lord of the Flies? Okay, you would like it more than to kill a mockingbird?
Speaker 4: I think, Well, then maybe i'll read.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to say the lowest form of communication. I mean, I guess I'll say remember when because I don't want people to stop gossiping. That's really good stuff.
Speaker 4: Is okay? All right?
Speaker 1: I just wonder what your thoughts were. And that concludes the philosophical portion of the show. Stay with us. More coming up on one O three point one Austin's eighties station and on your smart device just say play one oh three point one Austin's eighty station on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: It's the Sandy Show.
Speaker 1: And we are thrilled about our partnership with our bank and encourage you to find out how our bank can help you. Go to www dot org dot bank member fdiic. Eighty year old Mima celebrating her birthday and her family put her in a very embarrassing and dangerous situation. It's coming up in our Daily Audiophile. But before we get to that, we want to send out some big congratulations. She'd always congratulate someone when they have baby, right, Oh, definitely, And if it's a celebrity, we know about it and stuff.
Speaker 4: So yeah, congratulations to Cardi B.
Speaker 2: Oh, Sandy, stop it, we are uncongratulating party.
Speaker 4: She gave birth to her third child.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: She shared the news on social media, calling her new child the prettiest little thing.
Speaker 4: What's wrong?
Speaker 3: I hate Cardi B? You hate her?
Speaker 4: You hate her baby too?
Speaker 3: I don't hate her baby.
Speaker 2: I feel bad for her baby.
Speaker 3: Yes, and apparently the other two if she has three of them.
Speaker 1: What's funny is that Cardi B and Offset are going through a divorce. But it's Offset's baby.
Speaker 3: Right they're separated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she's seeking child support to help pay for the baby.
Speaker 3: This is Cardi B seeking child sport.
Speaker 2: This is the same woman who, after shared her first baby, like within two weeks, then went to a strip club and got in a fight and got arrested for throwing her stripper stiletto heel at somebody else two weeks after having her first kid.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: One of the things I love is getting trishall fired up about stuff.
Speaker 3: I cannot stand her.
Speaker 1: Maybe she'll be back at the strip club before you know it. That's how she celebrates the birth of her children.
Speaker 3: I guess so, I guess.
Speaker 1: So he's your daily audio time all. It's the story out of Canada, this first story. It's about a family that gets reunited with a missing painting.
Speaker 4: What had been stolen?
Speaker 2: What had been stolen? Like our child used to say when she was little.
Speaker 1: It was cute when she said that what had been stolen. So it's not like a major artist. It's just something that her mother picked up on a trip over in Europe, brought it back. They've had it the family forever. One of the kids had a party, right and they took it off the wall and the kid walked was walking home with it, decided it was too heavy, so he just said it on the curb and someone picked it up. Yeah, well they got it back. She posted a photo on Facebook of it. It's like, this painting means a lot to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not worth a lot of money, but more sentimental.
Speaker 4: And she got it back. So here's the woman that found it.
Speaker 3: It was on its way to the thrift store.
Speaker 5: Next time I was going, so luckily I had seen this post and was able to get it back to Sarah. I realized the depth of what it meant to her. She was just so beside herself. She was so happy to get the painting back.
Speaker 2: I feel so much better that it's back and I can need to look after it for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not like it's a fancy painting or anything. It's just something her mother bought France and loved it. And her mother's has dementias and memory care facility and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: So kind of nice.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's a good story.
Speaker 1: Now listen, if you're celebrating me Ma PIPA's eightieth birthday, there is no reason in the world to put on a candle, put eighty candles on a cake and light it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, eighty candles on a cake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I see the fire department in the future of this story.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it caused Mema some embarrassment because she wasn't able to blow it out and it made everybody panic.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if this is safe.
Speaker 5: Happy birthday, birthday, Yeah, birthday there, Tuesday, birthday.
Speaker 4: Blow help her out, Somebody help her out. It's everybody blow everybody there, you go.
Speaker 2: I think the relighting candles, it's.
Speaker 1: Really they did the smash the cake to get the fire.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, eighty candles.
Speaker 4: You can buy the little eight in.
Speaker 3: The little series numbers. Yes.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 1: Mom has been down this road before. She had the eighty candles.
Speaker 3: Eighty candles, no, come on people.
Speaker 1: That's our daily audio file again. Congratulations to Cardi B and her new baby again. She said, it's the prettiest little thing.