Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donni Peters and I'm flying solo today to bring you a conversation that I recently had with Jeremy Osmas. Jeremy, of course needs little introduction. He's been a guest on this podcast before, but it's always good to chat with him and to catch up. I especially wanted to do so coming off of the big summer that Jeremy had with twenty two dobasipy cashes, seven final tables and more than three point four million dollars on. Some of the topics that we hit on were, of course, his World Series of Poker. We hit on selling tournament action with Jeremy often does, and he has some action now up on poker steak dot com for the Super High Roller Series and Super High Roller Bowl that is taking place in Cyprus. So if you want a piece of Jeremy, I would go check that out at poker steak dot com. We also hit on the Hall of Fame and then we talked about the Olympian in Jeremy's family. Hope you guys enjoy here's the interview. All right, Welcome to the show. Jeremy Osmas. As many of our listeners know, this isn't the first time that you and I have spoken, but it's always it's always good to catch up see how things are going. Thank you for joining, sir.
Speaker 2: Sure, of course, glad to be here.
Speaker 1: So it's been a month, I think pretty much exactly since the Divisip has ended. That's the biggest, most jam packed, possibly grueling time of the year for a tournament player. What has life been like since the Divissip? Have you been playing poker at all?
Speaker 2: I played an online session on a Sunday last Sunday, and I believe that is the only poker I've played since. So what is it the fourteenth or something? And I finished up around the twenty second. I took a little trip to Colorado, been doing fair amount of coaching and just kind of preparing for this upcoming trip of mine. It's to Cyprus, getting back into the workouts and the routine at home, and just spend time with the family. So not a lot of poker. Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that coaching that you mentioned? Is that you coaching others or others coaching you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Me coaching others. Yeah, I'm doing more and more of that these days, Yeah, demands kind of picked up, so I've kind of started to enjoy it and kind of from my you know, gotten a good routine with that. So I like that.
Speaker 1: Do you find it helps your poker game, your poker mind?
Speaker 2: It does. I mean, essentially, you're you're helping someone. You get to see them grow. That's cool. You you know, my rate is pretty good money, so that's cool. And also I'm just looking at sins or talking about poker and even ideas I have and things like that and just kind of reinforcing them over and over. So, you know, depending on the level of student you have, if it's a high level sent especially, you're kind of just like studying while you help them too. So it's pretty pretty efficient use of time basically.
Speaker 1: So coming off the WSP, I think you had twenty two cashes, seven final tables, which tied the record. You cash for more than I think it was three point four million dollars. You were in contention for Player of the Year. Was a pretty hotly contested battle, most notably against Scott sever who ultimately went on to win it, but there was others, you know, in the race pretty close. You didn't come away from the summer with a bracelet, though you didn't get Player of the Year. Of course, how does Jeremy Osmas rate his summer?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean really, I look at it like the dollars perspective. It's not all about winning the bracelets. And fortunately for me, I've been ran really well in the last few years and I've won, you know, five in the last prior three years to this year, so I'm kind of okay with my bracelet count these days. And you know, you always want to win one, and I've always wanted to win Player of the Year. It is hard to do without a win. It really is. Like if you look at the formula, it's just very top heavy. You almost just have to have a win to be competing in there. Without a win even was pretty cool, pretty crazy. I think they improved the formula quite a bit by making it you know, your top ten results only because I don't feel like it should be about who's ever going to play, you know, multiple tables at once at the World Series and count all the online events. I feel like the online bracelets shouldn't even count personally, So I think they've made it. They took a step in the right direction kind of making that that better, and I kind of learn about some new techniques if you're really trying to play the year and a lot of them, I'm not really down there because you just kind of burn a lot of money. So certain people so indeed want most specifically, he goes really out of his way to do crazy things like not play the main event or something like that. You know, if he's on the running for Player the Year, because it's actually bad for your EV of winning Player the Year, so and you know you're kind of focus. You give up dollary V in return for EV and winning Player of the Year basically. So it's fun. It was great to be in the race this year. I'm not willing to go to all the extremes that would make me the most likely to win it in the future, but anytime I start off pot at the World Series more than the first few weeks, I'll just stay at the Worlds. Like this year, I didn't go. It's hard to lead ever, so I would guess that thing, you know, parison horseshoe the entire seme. It was fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I wanted to hit on like specifically that you know, I watched I believe it was your WSP preparation video over on Weren't Once and you you talked in that there was a line where you said, my main focus is to make money. Maybe I can win Player of the Year and that'd be cool, but it's really just about maximizing profits.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I bring that up because you also mentioned, you know, the possibility of jumping from from venue to venue, playing wherever you might find value or you know, chase dollars and that sort of thing. Like, at what point this summer do you say, Okay, I have a shot at Player of the Year, I'm doing very well at the w SP. I'm just gonna stay here and like kind of really battle for this thing.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the first two or three weeks there weren't a lot of things, Like what really pulls me away from the WSP is the big events at the Win for example, I'm not running around and playing like a feteen hundred at the Venetian or the wind But it's more like some big buy in like they had some twenty five k's, some that huge WPT things like that. I'm willing to the Aria has a big thirty five hundred, which I did play, so a lot of those didn't take place in the first two or three weeks I think of those summer, and then I kind of had my you know, it did take Maybe my first little run wasn't until about two and a half three week mark. I think maybe two weeks I forget. But anyways, I had that, so it's a good start. But then immediately I just was fteing every tournament I played almost you know, I just had like urm after tournament where I just was going deep and deep and deep. So and then I'm right up there in the leaderboard, you know. So at that point, you know, the ARIA had like some ten k's no limit and some ten K plows, and you know they're not like rate value or anything, but I do like the price point. I do like to play TGT events, so I do sneak over there sometimes. But this year I was like, Okay, I guess I need to really like play all the ten K mix, which sometimes I play. Sometimes I don't even some small mix, you know, like generally I don't play the fifty mix. It's just kind of a big time commitment and there's so many big no limit and PLO tournaments. But at a certain point, I will kind of start to play those if I'm like really up there, because if you win one, that does a lot to help your chances.
Speaker 1: You mentioned there, you know, the how you started running kind of really hot, you know, making all these different final tables. Obviously, tournament poker is very streaky on both sides. You know, you can go long period of time without cashing anything or making a final table or winning. On the other side, you know, people can get really hot, really fast and really start to rack up the results. When you are doing very well and you are you know, making deep runs making final tables like you were, what does that do for your confidence level? And how do you like kind of keep that confidence in check because a lot of people, they know call it up till you know, they kind of get ahead of themselves and that can throw them off their game, even if they are running pretty.
Speaker 2: Hot, right. I think, you know, my level of experience at this point in my career helps me with that issue a lot, especially now I only play tournaments. The ups are bigger and the downs are bigger, so I've always been pretty even keeled with it, but being a tournament full time turnament really tests to you know, resolve, because especially playing how Irons, they'll just go on six figure, seven figure down swings kind of semi regularly. The trick is, you know, to keep your game as as solid as you can keep it in those times. And I think I can do that and you don't want to change your play like, oh, maybe I'm not doing this and that correctly, or you know, things like that. And for me, like I've done it so long, I like to zoom out. I can look at a graph I have or something of my poker career the last five years, and I can just see the success that it's had, you know, and that just instilled, you know, through all those periods of ups and downs, I'm pretty solid playing the same and when I can kind of look at a long term result like that and kind of just use it as a little bit of stability and support and some positivity to say, you know, it will turn around if I'm in a big down swing, or yeah, if I'm winning a lot, that doesn't give you an excuses to start playing bad. So I think I have that part down pretty good. And I think a lot of it apps to do with just long term being a long term winner in appropriate.
Speaker 1: You play second in the one hundred k high Roller. I think it was right around one point nine million dollars, But you did it playing in arguably the most electric final table atmosphere of the entire DIVISIPY. I would almost equate it to you were the away team going to play a playoff game in the home team's arena with all the fans and supporters that big unique Chris Unican had on his side. Like what was that experience like? And have you ever experienced anything like that in poker?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was an amazing final table, like the runouts, the people there, the rail was insane. Yeah you said it, well, like I was kind of the out of town team, but that I never have a big rail, I mean, so I'm used to that. This rail was kind of you know, they weren't out of out of line or anything, but they were very very loud. Had a pretty loud one the year before at the World Series two some Europe who it was, but this one was that times five or ten. So yeah, it was fun. You know, I like Pony. It was all his people and like I said, they weren't getting out of line or anything. So it does hurt a little more I guess whenever they catch that river card on you and the crowd, this erupts, you know, things like that. But but yeah, that was a very memorable final table. You know, I did final table main in twenty twelve, so that was probably that. You know, the stage can't really get me bigger incther than that, and I still remember that very well, and even just leading up to the final table, the experience like nothing else, making that final nine of the main event. So I've kind of you know, I've had at this point a lot of big finl tables, so I'm just always ready, you know, to play. The pressure doesn't get to me much. It's kind of hot up there, as one of my biggest complaints. I'm kind of hot. But I think I you know, performed well and I'm pretty used to it at this point.
Speaker 1: You mentioned, you know, how you don't have normally have big final table rails yourself. I mean, how come and it's not just you? You see it a lot in like the high Rollers scene specifically. I mean you mentioned the WSP Main Event final table You're run back in twenty twelve, and that's kind of expected, you know, going into that final table. You know, there's going to be a lot of supporters there for everyone else. But I always thought it was a little bit weird maybe for lack of a better word, that like one hundred K high Roller, for example, is supposedly the best players in the world, or if not, they're very popular players and people should be wanting to support them, Yet there's not often big rails other than like you know, might what we saw for you know, Heunikin. But I mean, why is that?
Speaker 2: I think it could be due to the fact that, you know, a lot of the guys at the highest level, they're not in this stage of their life where they maybe party a lot or go out a lot. A lot of my friends and just a lot of guys that poko they're they're having families now, so they're in a more kind of docile stage in their life. I feel like, where so a lot of their friends aren't these rowdy friends that are drinking all the time and things like that. Also a lot of their friends and in my case also are poker players and they're playing poker all summer. Also, I don't know, maybe a lot of the people that regularly succeed at the highest limits are are just a little more. I don't know, quiet and things like that. I think that's the thing, Like, if I look at the people you know at poker Go, it's not a lot of like wild people. You know, they're they've got their lifestyled in and optimized, and they're not they're not loud voice for celebrating and celebracious people celebrations. That word out.
Speaker 1: He just made it up in his mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I don't know. I think all those kind of reasons combined just kind of add up to something like that, because because it's true. You know, if I'm around, I'll go support a friend of mine at a final table, but generally I'm playing or something like that. You know, it's or I have a tournament the next day and I'm not I'm not going to go on the rail and drink a bunch of beers. You know. That was kind of a perfect storm. Hoooney. He's got a lot of friends. He has huge parties at his house, you know, for the Fourth of July. He's always talking about and things like that. And uh, and I know a lot of our guys, you know, I like the guys, so it's cool to see. But yeah, I've just never really had that outside of like, you know, the main event things like that. My wife came down a couple of times this summer for me last year with my brother in law, and some friends will drop by, like Eric bald One and things like that, but he's on break of a tournament something, you know, to to that effect, so it's just kind of different.
Speaker 1: I guess, just a flashback quickly now to twelve years ago WSP Main Event final table. You end up cashing for a little bit more than two million dollars. What did you imagine your career would look like afterwards and how does it compare to what it actually became if you can like somehow go back any time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good question. I didn't really know. I mean I there weren't you know, there wasn't a big high stake scene back then. So it was without a doubt life changing money for me at the time. And I just had two young children at that time, you know, one month old and two and almost two year olds, So I kind of realized is that that just kind of helped this out with things like you know, just the expenses of a young family and things like that, and I knew I was more rolled to play bigger events and stuff if I need be. But you know how many hundred k's were there back then, Like there were questions. I believe there was, like, yeah, the World Series had one in like two thousand and thirteen, fourteen fifteen. I played a few of those hundred k's that they would have off and on, but they really it just wasn't a common thing, and so I guess I thought I would just kind of keep playing my Bologgio game. I kind of think, I I don't think I thought it would affect a lot as far as like what I would be playing, because I was playing at ten twenty and ten twenty forty at Bologgio. That was kind of the biggest game every day. You know. One thing I thought it could me to me playing more Mix and maybe playing them a big Mix game eventually. And I did play more Mix, not the big big one, but lower Mix played some of that. So that kind of put me on that trajectory a little more. I guess Outside of that, not a lot. I was never a guy who was dying to take on the toughest players and the biggest stakes. And you know, someone like Jason Koon's a guy who that's that's what he wants, and he wants to play the best and beat the best, and he's a very driven focus and he wants to co be the highest levels of things. I've never really been like that. I just want to kind of make a living, enjoy poker, and I'm always improving and things like that. And he's rubbed off on me a little bit to kind of play higher stakes, to push myself a little more, which is he's a really good influence. So but yeah, back then, it's just pokers have a lot. You know, it has changed a lot since then.
Speaker 1: You mentioned how you, you know, predominantly play tournaments these days. Are you aware that that that fifth place run in twenty twelve is your only main event cash?
Speaker 2: I am aware.
Speaker 1: Okay, my next question, why haven't you been able to cash anymore?
Speaker 2: It's funny I complain about people all the time and they tell me to shut up. I don't know what the problem is, Like I say, I say, I looked up out of him in the name. I have to patch it one time out of probably eighteen nineteen times now since two thousand and six, maybe one time, and it's arguably the easiest tournaments of cash. So yeah, it's kind of wild. But Scott Seaver has cashed zero or one. I forget I thought it was zero, but maybe this maybe he told me he did cash it one time now and he's played it probably I would say more than me. He's a great player, So you know, who knows. I don't know. I just can't. I just can't cash. It's just it's just a weird varian thing in my opinion.
Speaker 1: You know, well, I mean you should play bigger where they respect your raises.
Speaker 2: Probably, that's yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you do you think you approach it any differently than other tournaments? You know, I mean it's obviously a ten k buying yes, but the main event kind of doesn't really play like your normal ten k that you see so often. It plays like, I don't know, probably closer to a fifteen hundred in a lot of ways, depending on your table draw.
Speaker 2: Right, So yeah, I approach it differently than I would I roll an aria. You know, you have more time, you have more chips. Yeah, it's a freeze out, so all those things come into play. And I have a lot of experience in large field like soft tournaments and have been successful, you know, even the summer. Just like a lot of my runs, or a few of them were you know, one was a shootout of fifteen hundred shootout and other one of the twenty five hundred No Limit, a couple of my final tables. So so yeah, definitely adjust to the different types of players that you run across, some of the weaker players is a big part of it.
Speaker 1: I think, how much time these days do you work on your game off the felt not playing?
Speaker 2: Oh well, I mentioned the coaching that I do, and I'm able to do that because I've worked on my game a lot. You know, I feel pretty sharp overall, make less mistakes all the time than if I look back, you know for the previous few years or months, and I'm just my what I what I strive to do is just always improved. So I still I still am working on There's always more to learn and more depth to go into in different areas and and things like that. And you know, there's new software out there that's amazing and always improving. So yeah, I still definitely work on things.
Speaker 1: What's an area of your game that you feel needs the most work.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sound like GTO. It's it's so hard to just crush the gto though and just hit every spot like impossible, So try to minimize the mistakes when you're playing a good player, and then I think I do a good job of kind of throwing that out the window when I'm facing different types of opponents. I think ICM Final tables getting close to the money that was something that years ago I didn't think about much or care about because I was a cash game player. So that was kind of one of my bigger hurdles is just not torching big EV spots at final tables that I used to do probably, And also that's just kind of a you know, I feel like the ICM sims aren't perfect, and I feel like there's a lot of room for debate right now about maybe what is the actual right place because what they can do is somewhat limited and doesn't take everything into account obviously, which solvers done at all, but at you know, definitely don't because there's a lot of variables going on in the final table. So just trying to think about things like that, I think is a big deal, especially playing more you know, mainly high rollers like I play table so it's a pretty big deal to get that stuff down.
Speaker 1: Like you obviously play a lot of high rollers, your extremely experienced. You have the results to back it up. But are there are there any players out there? When you know, you sit down at the table, you see them across from you, and you kind of think to yourself, Okay, I really need to bring my a game. Or maybe you get a little bit of a lack of confidence that might seep into your brain thinking that, Okay, this guy is clearly better than me. I need to like really be on it today. Does that does that ever cross your mind these days?
Speaker 2: Well? I mean my good friend Jason, I know how good he is. I study with him, We talked poker a lot. He's just unreal good at every spot. He's a guy I never want to see at my table. He's I just think he's, without a doubt, one of one of the top guys. And I think you know someone like Childwick keep going throw in there. Those are all guys, but you don't you know, they're just not giving up much. They're super studied, they've been playing forever, very experienced. Live the hotels. You know, they can pick up tells, understand ic M.
Speaker 1: Well, you're likely to run into some of them when you head over to Europe. You're going to go play Super high Roll or Series, Super high Roll or Bowl. It's Super high Roller bol going to be the biggest buying you've ever played.
Speaker 2: It will be. Yeah, So I played the two fifty the last two years at the World Series, and then this one is three hundreds, so it.
Speaker 1: Will be Are you more nervous or more excited about playing a buy on that big.
Speaker 2: I don't know, and neither one has really has crossed my mind that much. I'm just kind of preparing. I'm sat in the chair for many years and just think I'll make some good decisions. Hopefully no torches. And yeah, I'm excited. I've never been to Cyprus. I'm more excited just for the actual overall trip. You know, it's several tournaments, pgt runs, great, great tournaments. Never been to Cyprus for just beautiful There's some PLO tournaments, so I'm just excited to make the trip. I haven't been out of the country outside of the Homers. Haven't been. I went to Madrid Triten one two thousand and two, so it's been a couple of years. So looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Do you think we'll see you make more trips like this? I would say most specifically for Triton stuff. You know, they have the biggest stuff around the world every time every year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I you know, I keep saying, like, oh, the next and I'll go to the next tright, And I've been saying that for like a year. There's often something competing in the States in the stakes are much lower, but it's just close. I don't have to be gone for two to three weeks. It's just easier. The tournament's softer. You know, a lot of the big buyings I'm selling, you know, some action, so I don't have to deal with that. And a lot of times it's just sometimes it's just right here in Vegas at poker go at Arias. So it's hard. If it's hard when there's a series at aria of ten tournaments to go halfway around the world and get jet lagged, and why for twenty twenty twenty five hours? Hey that all those expensive whenever I could just sleep in my own bed right here. So it depends. I have been saying, especially the ones in Asia I'm going to go to. Where did they go? There was a couple of really Vietnam one was amazing, which they might not be doing back there. But then the just the Asian stop ser the amazing when I hear so, and I've never been to Asia.
Speaker 1: You mentioned, uh, selling Action. You have Action listed on poker steak dot com for this series. The super higher level is included in there. So just for the listeners out there, if you guys want to grab some of Jeremy's Action poker steak dot com, it's very easy to use. High lists some stuff on there all the time. It's it's great why I sell Action in that medium versus you know, just maybe your poker group or whatever it may be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's funny how many people came up to me this summer and said that they've been buying my Action and I was having a great summer and they were so stoked about it. So that was actually really cool to see. Uh So, Yeah, it just makes it. It makes it fun. And you know, as I've gotten older, I've gotten more risk averse for sure. And since I've switched full time tournament to tournaments, I didn't Yeah, so I used to just play mainly cash and some tournaments and the cash money is much more steady, and then when I go play a tournament, I would just take all of it and be like whatever, it doesn't matter because I'm just you know, doing fine cash and I just hardly have losing months. It seemed like tournaments are just enormously volatile. It's like it's just you can't even compare the two. So I really just went on so many massive down swings, but then massive upswings eventually too. But I just kind of decided I want to, you know, take a little less risk in a lot of these things. And so yeah, I just listen more action on there these days, and like I said, it is kind of fun, has a social aspect, and I think it's good for poker. You know, a lot of people are playing in tournaments say maybe could or couldn't play before, and a lot of people are listening their action on there, and it's just kind of less people kind of get in the action, kind of like if they're watching sports or betting sports or something like that. Right, But in a lot of the cases that they find a good horse, they're going to be making. I mean, you know, i'd like to think in my case, the markup I put on there. I think they're probably going to be making money over the long term, so I think it's going to be a win win for both parties and poker's Sake's amazing. They don't charge anything on either side, at least at this point, so it's pretty pretty cool.
Speaker 1: How do you how do you decide on markup? Does it take you long to figure it out?
Speaker 2: I kind of just decide what I. I give an estimate of what I think my ROI will be, and then I, you know, take some portion off that. So ideally they get some of the ROI and I get some of the ROI, and then return I give up some of the ROI, but in return I get lower variants.
Speaker 1: You've got six bracelets you want? I mean, I don't even know how many PGT and high roller events and all that sort of stuff. You've got a circuit ring, all this sort of stuff. World Poker Tour title. Is that like something you want to achieve in your career?
Speaker 2: Is that? You know?
Speaker 1: Do you think of it like that way? Like I have all these titles, but I don't have this one over here, so maybe I want to go after it a little bit harder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So WPT and Triton, those would be two great or an EPT main. The problem is the wpts are just super hard to win that they only have how many main events a year because they have a lot of you know, it's just like the main event, So you have like ten chances a year, fifteen chances a year to win any WPT main. I'm much more likely to win a Triton first, I think, and an APT would be possible, I guess small like a side of any PT, but never the you know, a main or anything like that. So yeah, it'd be cool, but I'm not going to every WPT just to try to win one, you know, so it's not It's not that high in my book. I love the WPT by the way. I think they are a great brand, one of the best friends and poker and I've watched them for a really long time, back when they're on the Travel Channel, just like the direction that they've gone with the company, and I think they're just a very respectable.
Speaker 1: I completely agree. I'm a big fan myself. We recently saw Patrick Antonia's get into the Hall of Fame. You were on the list of finalists in twenty twenty three, but not this year. But like big picture, you know, do you want to get into the Hall of Fame someday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do. I think it'd be would be cool. I was kind of taken off guard when I was suddenly on the list last year because I think a Hall of famers, I think these older guys and things, but you know, I'm not so young myself these days, forty four. But maybe I was a little preemptive to get on there. But my friend Eric Baldin kind of just threw it out there on Twitter, and apparently that's why I didn't get on this year. I don't know about this nomination process they have, but someone needs to kind of nominate you publicly. I don't know if like Twitter is the platform to do that, it's or what. It doesn't seem that clear to me. So I was pretty shocked when I wasn't on the list this year because I thought I would be one of the you know, possibly get in there. But after Antonius is on there, I think he is very deserving and should have I don't know, it's hard to compare you know, the industry poker people and the poker players, so I don't know where to go with all that, and Also, I don't know some of these old school people who are on there, but I do know that Antonio's is a legend and to one hundred percent at some point being Hall of Fame. I mean, he's crushed the highest stakes for a long time. So I thought it was very well deserved. And it's cool to see someone who doesn't have a lot of wsop success because sometimes it feels like the Hall of Fame is very wsop us friendly. So I thought it was cool that someone who isn't from that you know group of people was got the award.
Speaker 1: This story, I guess a little bit different than you know you're possibly wanting to get into the Hall of Fame, is you know, how how would you want people to remember the poker career of Jeremy Osmas, you know, let's say forty years down the road when things are all said and done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good question. First and foremost, like a lot of winning, right, That's that's my main goal in poker, but also going about it ethically always, you know, being composed and never having big big bones. I thick people and fights them all over Twitter and things like that. Not the way I'd like to be remembered. So I do a pretty good job of saying out of all that. So, yeah, just kind of controversy for you. Just a guy who came in and got along with people and was enjoyable to be around, and joined the company of the tablemates and just had a long, successful career.
Speaker 1: You recently shared a story on Twitter about your cousin's daughter, Emily Osmas, being the youngest member of the US Olympic water polo team. She's only eighteen years old, but she made it to the world's biggest stage and competed at the Olympics. I'm sure there's probably some close friends, some family members of yours that might look at you kind of in a similar light because you're the big poker player on a lot of the biggest stages, playing for tons of money. But now you're like on the other side watching Emily compete for an Olympic medal. Possibly, I mean, what was that experience like watching her go through it all and doing so at such a young age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was so cool, man, I was I've just been so beyond excited for like, my kids play sports, and it's it's there's nothing better than watching your kids play sports. But this is my cousin who grew up next to me for a number of years and I'm close with lives in California now and his Yeah, both of his kids are just like elite water polo players fool right, And they both went to USC but they could have gone anywhere they wanted to believe anything like that. And and the daughter, who's the younger the two, is just a complete phenom and and made it into the Olympics. So we were sure to watch every game and learned a lot about water polo and it was really really cool to go watch and learn about it. We watched the game of Theirs when they came to Vegas a few years back, and so, yeah, it was fun. I was texting a lot with my cousin who was there watching and fom on TV and the stands and things like that. So hopefully if she's she took her first year off of college just to train for the Olympics and they take thirteen people and she didn't know, you know, she's kind of she's the youngest, so she didn't know if she's like, maybe gonna make it, maybe not. They cut the team down from sixteen to thirteen. I think, so she trains for like almost an entire year and skips her first year of college, and then she maybe doesn't even doesn't know until like a month before, three weeks before the Olympics if she makes the team or not. It was pretty insane. That's why I can't Yeah, I can't imagine how stressful that's going to be for the parents. Anyways, if she continues on this path of water pool of dominance. I believe the twenty twenty eight Olympics are in la and we will definitely be going out there and watching her. We wanted to go this year, but we just we couldn't make it happen obligation, other things going on. But then super stoked that she is still at the top like this to go watch her and been to it in the Olympics anywhere, so that'd be a lot of.
Speaker 1: Fun, awesome. Well that's all I have for you, sir. I appreciate you taking the time and wish you the best of luck over in Europe and joy Cyprus. I've been there one time myself, not to this specific property that you're going to. I went to a different merit property, but it was awesome a lot of fun there, So Hope you have a good time, hope you win a boatload of money, and maybe we'll get a winner's interview after it's all said and done.
Speaker 2: Sweet, Yes, let's do that.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me, Bun, all right, everyone that was Jeremy Osmas can't thank Jeremy enough for taking the time to chat about a variety of topics. And maybe, just maybe you'll be hearing him back on this podcast sooner rather than later if he can find himself to the winner circle over in Cyprus, and then maybe we'll be able to grab him for a winners interview. As a reminder, the Super High Roller Series and Super High Roller Bowl that Jeremy is off plane that is streaming on poker gro. Several events are being broadcast, including the Big and Bad three hundred thousand dollars buy in Super High Roller Bowl. You guys can watch the Super High Roller Bowl on poker Go August twenty third through twenty fifth, three straight days of coverage that's on poker gro On PokerGO dot com. Commentary by Jeff Platt and Brent Hanks. I'm very excited for this event. I think it's gonna be massive. I think it's gonna be huge. Can't wait to see the play from Cyprus from Merit from the new Onyx Club that they are debuting over there, and that's gonna do it for me. That's gonna do it for this episode. Thanks everyone for tuning in, Take care, and we'll talk to you next time. Jennie