Speaker 1: Five o five. I think about k r C the talk station. Happy Tuesday, we will.
Speaker 2: A vacation call Kenny Loggins because you're in the danger zone. Yeah, well we may be. Hope you had a wonderful three day weekend and it took some opportunity to reflect on those who paid the ultimate price in service of their country. Yesterday, Memorial Day, there were a lot of events around town, and maybe you went to one, I hope, so, uh, let us see here. Oh, the Reds thing was awesome. The Ford Oval of Honor salute to the veterans that were there, hand selected veterans who were honored for their service to our country. Oh my god, amazing. And a couple of World War Two vets there, and some highly highly decorated folks from various eras of service, including all the way up through the Cold War. Just an amazing, amazing group of folks. So if you're out there, I hope you had a wonderful time at the game. It certainly was a pleasure meeting and speaking at that event. It's just just such a great thing that the Ford Oval of Honor is. Anyway, that was my Sunday. Let us see here, what's coming up today. Thank you. Joe Strecker, Executi producer of the fety five Casey Morning Show. Without Joe, the show don't go. We don't get guests. Guests like Peter Bronson. Amazing. Peter Bronson a wonderful author, and if you've read his book Forbidden Fruit, it is an amazing, amazing account. And tomorrow is the forty eighth anniversary of the Beverly Hill Supper Club fire. I mean, he's written all about that, so Peter's going to be in studio at seven oh five to talk about that. Just a brilliant guy. Peter is. I just have so much respect for him.
Speaker 3: It's just.
Speaker 2: In a whole bunch of books. All of them are worthy, worthy reads. So if you get your books on Amazon, go to Amazon, type in Peter Bronson, or go to Chili Dog press dot com where you can find all Peter's books. Maybe you can give you got a sign copy of one over there. We'll see if Peter still does that seven oh five Inside Scoop it is Tuesday. We do that every Tuesday. At eight oh five. Today, Bob Price return Texas Border Editor Bob Price, and we'll get some border updates.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 2: As we learn more and more about the Biden presidency and all the cover ups and all the scandals and all the craziness, and still kind of puzzling over who was operating in the auto pen since Joe Biden's reportedly to have been far more cognitively impaired than we ever really believed he was. I just think about, you know, the regular laments from the Democrats. We need a bill, We need to pass a bill. There's nothing we can do on the border unless we pass a bill, a bill of course, which that would have ensured the citizenship or a pathway to citizenship for all those who illegally came into our country in the first instance. But obviously that didn't happen, and obviously you didn't need a build to shut the border down. It's just one of the most amazing, profound accomplishments that Trump has done since he took office. And whether you're an open borders advocate or not, you can't deny the success he's had on shutting down the mass of humanity. It was flown across our border. It's just like you flipped the switch. No new wall boom, it just stopped. And of course word gets around about that the numbers dry up when they realize they're going to be facing deportation. Okay, let's no longer fly them directly into our country anymore. Let's turn that program around to an opportunity for them to choose to fly back to their country on the taxpayer dollar anyhow. Just an amazing turnaround. So we'll see what's going on at the Texas Board of the Bob Price again eight h five for that. And yes, things are spiraling out a control between Russia and Ukraine. The Daniel Davis deep dive Russia escalades and Donald Trump calls putin crazy, and let's dive under that right now, because things are not looking good from my perspective. Russia launched its largest ever drone and missile assault in Ukraine Sunday night into Monday, of course, in defiance that Donald Trump's calls for an end of the bombardment Ukraine Air Force in Russia wants more than three Ukraine's Air Force SETTL. Russia wants more than three hundred and fifty explosive drones nine cruise missiles at least. Latest attacks just hours after Trump issued a strong rebuke of Russian president President Vladimir Putin denouncing airstrikes on Ukrainian capital and other cities. I guess this is two waves of attacks Sunday and then Sunday night into Monday. Donald Trump in a truth media post, he has absolutely gone absolutely crazy. He is needlessly killing a lot of people. And I'm just talking about the soldiers. Missiles and drones are being shot into cities in Ukraine for no reason whatsoever, criticized Vladim Vladimir Zelensky as well, saying Zelensky is doing his country no favors by talking the way. He does not quite sure what specific words were uttered by Zelensky that drew Trump's criticism along those lines, but Kremlin said the strikes on Monday were in response to Ukrainian attacks on Russian territory. More on that in a moment, which Moscow said involved dozens of drones over the weekend of Ukraine. Officials say the strikes damaged several Russian military industrial facilities, including a factory that makes parts for ballistic missiles, which apparently Russia is ramping up. I read some place sit there converting old malls into drone manufacturing facilities in Russias. First in Dmitri Peskov keeping Track at Home. Peskov, this was a ochalatory strike, he called Trump's criticism of Putin and emotional reaction at a time when Russia and Ukraine were taking some serious steps with US encouragement to open talks about the end of the war, and I kind of scratched my head over how serious Russia is, considering that every time they mentioned sitting down at the table with Ukraine, Russians launched further missile attacks. Zlonsky, for his part, denounced the tax yesterday. Calling for fresh economic sanctions against Russia is something that many in the I guess the Senate and the House are actually pushing as well here in the United States, he said in a post on social media. Vlansky only a feeling of total impunity could allow Russia to launch such strikes. There is no meaningful military sense to this. Well, it can't have a demoralizing effect. I'm not quite sure what's going on through Putin's mind, but if you continue to launch massive strikes in Ukraine and they're running out of soldiers and weaponry, then yes, it could have a significant demoralizing effect. The will of the citizenry may be challenged Russia last month dismissed a proposed thirty day seasfire that Trump tried to brok her Ukraine accepted, it, insisted the kiv first agree to discuss its disarmament and the abandonment of its aspirations to join NATO. That's been a precondition for Putin for months now, and of course Zelenski never agrees to that. After a call of Trump last week, Putin said a memorandum could soon be drafted committing Moscow and Kiev to working on a peace veal. But the spokesperson Peskov said yesterday that even the initial document, essentially an agreement to keep talking, hasn't even been finalized by Russia, let alone handed over to Kiev for contemplation. That says, the only tangible result of talks this month between Russia Ukraine was a prisoner swap involving a thousand soldiers from either side, and they did start exchanging those prisoners. And here's that part about the increasing production. Apparently both sides are stepping up production of strike drones capable of flying hundreds of miles. Russia has been expanding its military industrial complex, turning shopping malls into drone production. Facilities and expanding a fact factory that specializes in making shah head strike drones with the help from yay Iran Great and here's another development, Russia also evolved in its methods of evading Ukraine's air defenses. The drone attacks it launches now feature an array of decoiled decoy projectiles that are meant to imitate strike drones but don't even carry explosives. Ukraine uses up expensive air defense missiles and ammunition to shoot down the fake projectiles, leaving the explosive projectiles to hit their targets. And not a shocking development along those lines. And there in lies the challenge because the defensive weaponry is outrageously expensive, and I'm sure Daniel Davis will confirm that there's only a finite them out. It's like you know the iron Dome. You shoot one of those things off, it's millions of dollars, you hit one target, and then uh, okay, the one target you hit, what we're eight grand or something like that. It's quite lopsided. Drones are comparatively very inexpensive compared to the weaponry used to shoot them down, so of course you might want to use a whole bunch of decoys in there, maybe thousands of these things flying around in the sky. It's so dystopian, it's it's I don't know. It's like Fahrenheit four point fifty one nineteen eighty four and Brave New World, all stirred into one big mix that we're actually living right now. Anyway. Yesterday, Chancellor Friedrich Mertz of Germany said that Germany, along with other key Western backers, had lifted range restrictions on weapons that they send a Kiev to fight against Russia. Mer Is also vowed that we will do everything in our power to continue supporting Ukraine, including militarily. There are no longer any range restrictions on weapons delivered to Ukraine, he said, neither by the British, nor by the French, nor by US or by the Americans. This means that Ukraine can now defend itself, for example, by attacking military positions in Russia with very few exceptions. It didn't do that until recently. It can do that now. Does it sound like World War three? Bruin there, Joe, All then Ato countries getting together and get providing long range weapons for Ukraine to use so they can bomb inside Russia. And I know that kind of makes sense militarily. If there's a giant shopping mall that Ukraine has now converted into a drone manufacturing facility, you might want to blow it up. But the risk of escalation seems to be unfolding right here in front of our very eyes. The prior administration, Olaf Schultz administration of Germany wouldn't allow the longer range what they call Taurus missiles. Merge said he favors delivery of those, but didn't say anything out loud about delivering them, keeping his well playing it close to the best. Kremlin said that after Merde's comments on that any Western decision to lift range limits on arms delivered to Ukraine would be dangerous. Quote, if these decisions have indeed been made, they are completely at odds with our aspirations for a political peace settlement. These are quite dangerous decisions if they have been made. That again from spokesperson Peskov, HM, Well, I would call this a downward spiral. I'm very anxious to see what Daniel Davis says to say about it, coming up at eight thirty. Interested hear what you have to say two three, seven, four, nine, fifty eight and eight two to three Talk found five fifty on eight and T phones got a comment on something going on the world feel free. Since our police officers have sued the city police chief are the chief and the city claiming discrimination against white males. We'll talk about that coming up maybe at the bottom of air news. But a Dave Hatter warning about your router. Got an interesting and yet frightening article about the FBI warning about cyber threats coming from your router at home. Stick around with your right pack after these brief words.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Here is your channel nine first one and worldboecasts. Got rain likely today, best chance rain east of ice seventy one. Few storms are possible. Today's high sixty four, overnight little fifty seven, which is a few showers possible, mostly clouds. Tomorrow slight chance rain high at seventy overnight, cloudy sky slight chance of showers on a little fifty seven and Thursday, more clouds, more rain chances and spotty showers during the day. Hi andy low seventies on Thursday, right now at sixty degrees. But about Pear CD talk station, it's coming about five twenty one between TARCD talk station and a Happy Tuesday to you. I always look forward to Friday's since we get Tech Friday with Dave Hatter, And it's nice because throughout the week Dave will send all kinds of crazy articles and links to information that are really valuable. He doesn't always get to them because we're limited to three segments on a Friday, and we always allowed Dave to steer the topic of conversation. But I thought I'd passed this along to you because Joe, let me ask you. Just let me pull the room. Joe, do you have any idea how old your router is at home? Oh? Is that all two or three years? Okay? You should be safe though. Anyway, the FBI issued a warnings to replace outdated internet routers immediately. Cyber criminals apparently are hijacking them to a stall malware and commit crimes through your user, home and business networks without your knowledge. This new alert, which came out earlier this month, federal agent said criminals are targeting end of life routers and da've talks about this all the time over models no longer supported by the manufacturers with security updates. This would be like using an old version of Windows XP because they don't upgrade those anymore, so the opportunities for ferreting in there and infecting them with the variant of in this case something called the Moon malware infect the devices that then use as proxy servers, which allow the criminals to mask their real locations committing online crimes ranging from financial theft to illegal transactions on the dark web. I can only imagine what illegal transactions on the dark web include. Maybe they're doing child porn or drug trafficking. Who knows. Anyway, The FBI said that many older Internet routers no longer supported by the manufacturers, who means the routers don't get security updates anymore, and once again in the hackers install harmful software lets them take control of the route. Hackers then use the hijacked routers in different ways, like launching cyber attacks or selling access to them through services out there in the world. This is amazing. Your computer can be hijacked by someone out in some foreign country and used to launch a cyber attack. That's exactly what happens. It's crazy stuff. This allows others to use the routers to hide their identity online or do illegal things without getting caught. I suppose if someone gets caught, they're going to trace it back to your home computer. So the Moon malware first attackted a long time ago, twenty fourteen. Apparently it's evolved. They keep working on it now, scans for open ports on vulnerable routers, and installs itself without needing a password. They say. Once inside my work hans spread to other systems and remain hidden while passing on illegal activity back and forth, leaving people unaware that their network has been turned into a digital accomplice. Again the FBI, and according to the FBI, here's where you you need to find out how old your router is. Routers produced in twenty ten or earlier are very vulnerable, they say, especially if remote administration is enabled. Many users may not realize their devices are outdated. They don't have the firmware protections, making them easy targets. So I just passed along the fun information. So I'm going to have to I got a job to do when I get home. It's like, go home and find out how my router is. I don't think it's that old, but I don't know. So every little bit helps when it comes to protecting yourself from cybersecurity. And then there was a Wired article or seeing that article kind of related and I can't thin get all the details in it, but it's worthy to note that some Wi Fi routers are tracking your browsing. They said. While most router manufacturers collect some form of data about you, there is other There are routers out there which apparently collect all of your browsing information and may very well even sell at the third party. So if you don't want folks know about your browsing information, you might want to take some stock and find out if your particular router passes muster again. Cnet dot com the letter c net dot com is the website, and again the headline of the article just from about a week ago. Do Wi Fi routers track your browsing? Worthy? Endeavor checking out that one as well. So there is your tech update on a Tuesday, Tech Tuesday, but still thanks to Dave Hatter, it's five twenty five right now for five cares to you talk station. Let us see here discrimination against white males, lawsuit against the police department, That and other local story is coming up. Or alternatively five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five eight hundred eight two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T fus.
Speaker 6: Be right back fifty five KRC thinking about buying your.
Speaker 2: Channeline first one to one the work ass We have well rain likely today, that's chance east of I seventy one. They're saying, with a few storms possible, we'll high sixty four down to fifty seven overnight with a few showers possible. Seventy to high tomorrow with clouds and a slight chance of rain. And it's happening overnight as well, slight chance of shower, cloudy skies fifty seven for the low ana high and the low seventies on Thursday, more clouds and more chants of rain. Sixty degrees right now. If it's about KERCB talk station, it's five twenty eight COVID of A five twenty nine five point three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred ty two three talk pound FI fifty on eight and T phones. Look up the call screens suspiciously absent. No tim this morning anyway. Pivoting over to the local stories, let us see here Channel nine reporting. Thank you ex Alex Nelt for since a police officers soon the city of Cincinni as well as the police chief, claiming they were discriminated against for being white males. Fed a lawsuit filed yesterday apparently claims or foul Monday, I guess last, claims the four officers were denied opportunities for preferred assignments and weren't promoted because of their race and gender. Officers found the lawsuits Robert Wilson, Patrick Canton, Gerald Hodges, and Andrew Mitchell. The claim police chief three STRATEGI gave preferred assignments more often to officers who are minorities or women. Also list nine examples of women or minorities who were lower on the promotions list but were promoted over the officers who filed The lawsuit states that a preferred assignments, including perks and monetary benefits such as take home cars, additional overtime opportunities and pay and call out on call pay that are not afforded to relief assignments. Preferred assignments are also generally regarded within the police department as career enhancing, including for promotional purposes. Lawsuit claims of CPDS minority lieutenants, seventy nine percent received preferred assignments. Again, that's minority lieutenants. Of the female lieutenants, eighty nine percent given preferred assignments, and of the white male lieutenants, forty four percent were given preferred assignments. Hmm, So we'll see one person taken to the hospital after a drive by shooting and over the rhine happened last night. According to Cincinnati Police, they were called to the sixteen hundred block of Walnut Street about nine pm. Got there found that twenty five and fifty shots had been fired as individuals and two vehicles exchanged gunfire. What the hell? One person was grazed. I guess they don't get much range time in, do they. Joe, makes you want to take your family downtown? Yeah, it does, doesn't it. The grazed person taking the ec Medical Center and stable but non life threatening condition. According to police, they don't have anyone in custody at least as of the time of Fox nineteenth reporting on this shooting is still under investigation. Twenty five to fifty shots fired like a war zone down there, But yeah, Aftab says it's safe. Joe, You're right, are you gonna believe? Watching nineteen reporting on the twenty five to fifty shots and since a police reporting on it. Are you gonna believe what AFTAB says. It's biased reporting. It's a simple statement of fact. Three people taken to the hospital after a multi vehicle crash in mount Airy last night. Corna since I police called it the twenty three hundred block of West Northmend Road about six forty pm. Got there found out that a driver of a red truck had crashed into a house. Two of the vehicles, attempting to avoid the truck, lost control and collided head on with each other. No one was severely injured, thank god. Cause of the crash still under investigation. Motorcyclists suffering from life threatening injuries after crash. Crash involving a semi tractor trailer happened Anderson Ferry Monday, three forty three pm forty three hundred Blocker River Road. A fifty nine year old driver of a twenty twenty four kenwith tractor trailer heading east on River Road made a left turn, colliding with a west bound Kawasaki motorcycle operated by a twenty year old man. Officer said the motorcycle is taken a UC medical center with serious injuries. I can only imagine a motorcycle got hit by a Kenworth. He was wearing a helmet. Wear a helmet. I was out riding my bike yesterday. I felt very comfortable ride in that beautiful weather, had my helmet on. Officer said the semi driver did not sustain injuries. Well, the physics behind the two, the differences inside, I would expect that the driver didn't sustain injuries. Excessive speed and impairment are being investigated as factors. Cause of the crash still under investigation. But if you've witnessed the accident since a police department's traffic in would love to hear from you. Five to one three three five two twenty five fourteen. That's five to one three three five two twenty five fourteen. Winton Lake open again this after a brief closure by a sewage lake. I guess it was reopened yesterday. Lake reopened for all recreational activities, including canoeing, kayaking, paddleboarding, and fishing. Greg Park's officials announced on May twenty fourth, swimming has always been prohibited in the lake after the source of the contamination. Stop water testing found the e coalie levels to be below both state and federal standards, leading Hamilton County Public Health Commissioner could Ken or Greg Ksterman to lift the previous recommendation to avoid the lake. It's okay to boat fish and recreate on the lake, he said in a statement. We still recommend good hygiene after water recreation. Metropolitan Sewer District officials believe a sanitary sewer line which takes sewage from homes about a mile north of Winton Woods, leak sewage into a creek that fed into Winton Lake. Water Testing soon found elevated e coal eye levels there at the lake. Great Parks officials followed Health officials recommendation after what they called the concerning discharge, suspending all recreational activities back on May twentieth. Wow, there are one hundred and thirteen camps site campgrounds around the lake. It's also two thousand and twenty nine acre park right there at Springfield Township. Just shy A five thirty five fifty five k C the talk station jay, I see you're on the line. I'm happy to take your call. Just got to wait a couple minutes, be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio staking.
Speaker 2: Channeline first water Weather Horcans got likely rain today they say the best chance of ragin to the east of Ius seventy one. These storms are possible sixty four for the high down of fifty seven over night with a few shower a slight chanceer rain with most with cloudy skies. Tomorrow high have seventy overnight fifty seven again clouds, had a slight chance of showers, more clouds, more rain chances. Thursday high have seventy and low seventies. Rather it's sixty degrees right now. Time for first traffic from the UC Help Traffic Center. You see health.
Speaker 7: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more, and you see health dot Com. Highways are in good shape early on this Tuesday morning. No accidents to deal with coming off of a holiday weekend. Still have Fifth Street blocked off for cleanup from dayste of Cincinnati. That's between Maine and Columbia Parkway. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: It is five thirty nine of the five k CD talk station. A very very happy Tuesday too. If we get to the stack is stupid and go straight to the phones. Jay, thanks for holding over the break there. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 8: Hey, good morning, Brian. I notice that there's an article on Breitbart that says Trump.
Speaker 9: Tells Senate Gop to quote make the changes they want to the big beautiful bill. My question is, why didn't he tell our good friends Thomas Massey and Warren Davidson the same thing instead of throwing a hissy fit and saying we need the primary the two best leaders we have in the House.
Speaker 2: If I had to guess Jay, if I had to guess Jay, I think he knew what the tally was. He knew that he could afford to lose Davidson and Massey and still get the bill passed without any changes. And he knows he's up against the wall in the Senate because they've already come out one hundred percent Democrats against it, and Senators Ran Paul and a few others also have come out against it. Meaning something's going to have to give in the Senate side to get anything done. So that's my guess.
Speaker 8: I was thinking maybe because the Senate is more liberal, maybe a few more rhinos over there that he al right, he had.
Speaker 4: Lower risk.
Speaker 8: Let's say, he already knows how it's going to go, but it sure helps his optics after he made an ass out of himself and for I don't know the time I suggested that Thomas Massey get primary. Sure, but it sure is a stark contrast that maybe he had kept his mouth shut. And how did the hol's our friends say, keep your stupid mouth shut?
Speaker 2: Well again, yeah, I'm used to Trump flying off the handle randomly and seemingly with no ultimate reason. He did not have to go after Massy and tell him that he needs to be primary. He didn't have to do it against Davidson either. They're both wildly popular in their districts and they stood up for what was right. And that's that the buil didn't contain enough spending cuts and it does it It increases the deficit two three trillion dollars over the next ten years. So why, I mean, it already passed, which is makes even less sense for him to go attacking those guys because they had the votes it went through. But again, that's your comment is consistent with what I presume of the the The The point is with him saying, go ahead and make your make your changes, because we have to get it passed, and in its current form, apparently there aren't enough votes.
Speaker 4: To pass it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I agree, it's it's just a shame that and maybe he's got some some polling teams came back to him that said, uh, that was wildly unpopular if you keep doing that.
Speaker 3: But he's not really one.
Speaker 4: I don't think change with the polls.
Speaker 8: But now it just came like a stark contract, a sudden shift in a short amount of time. But and and of course, you know, I'm a little disappointed sometimes into the right wing media that they don't have an explanation, they don't follow up and say, hang on a second and ask the.
Speaker 4: Obvious question of what's with the sudden change.
Speaker 8: It seems like, you know, the right wing media can be just as biased as a left wing media.
Speaker 2: Of course, Jay, of course that can. It's just which echo chamber do you want to surround yourself with? Now there, I imagine a comment like that, a critical comment about Trump and his going after Massi and Davidson would be more in an op ed type piece. I mean, a fact is a fact. He said what he said, and further analysis suggests, and you know, an op ed piece saying why the hell does he bother doing this? That that's when you get into opinions and analysis and criticisms. But in straight reporting, it's he said what he said. It's passed. Now let's move on and see what you said it does with it.
Speaker 8: Good point, all right, man, have a good morning.
Speaker 2: Thanks Jay. Good to hear from you. Man. Let's see here, Uh you don't get your tacos. Let's smash the drive through. We go to Port Charlotte, Florida, Florida, of course. Charlotte man smash the drive through window of a fast food restaurant after workers refuse to sell him tacos because it was past closing time. Charlotte County Sheriff's Office saying that the Dell Taco restaurant Murdock Circle was closing just after midnight. Man driving a Cadillac convertible, drove up with the drive through, asked for four tacos. Employee told him to said the store's closed, couldn't be served. He then drove up to the window, where several employees heard loud popping noises and saw that the window had been cracked and the driver had driven away. Deputies got there noticed the drive through window had been struck by a heavy object at least four times. Surveillance video was reviewed. Of course, a man described as wearing a blue shirt baseball cap shown driving up to the window, grabbed a pipe ranch and smashed the window four times out of anger, then drove away. Using license plate recording technology because they got video, deputy was able to trace the car to Anthony Izzo over on Birch Crest Boulevard, found his car parked next to the house. They made contact with him and he admitted a smashing the window. Pipe ranch also found inside his car. Arrested and charged with felony criminal mischief. UH fast food news making to the stack of stupid we got to Monroe, Ohio Local Monroe. A McDonald's worker there allegedly attacked by a woman upset about how long her drive through order was taking Please said. The incident took place at McDonald's on New Garver Road in Monroe on Friday, after the woman, identified as forty three year old Taie Hatch ordered food from the drive through. Reportedly began arguing with the employees about her order and not arriving in a timely manner. Then allegedly exited, the vehicle, approached the drive through window and hit the employee who was attempting to give her a refund. She drove away from the scene, courting the police. Arrested in charge with assault What is with people?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: Joe uh Kentucky, Kentucky man bit off a cat's ear during a domestic dispute. Zachary L. Rollins twenty two charged with one kind of torture of a catter dog, Class felony punishable by one to five years in prison if the initial charge. A deputy obtained a warning charging this so and so oh I almost said a bad word there with two or more counts a torture of her catadog for allegedly causing the death of two other cats in early April. This, according release from the Pulaski County Sheriff Bobby Jones, Rollins listed Russell, Springs address leedged domestic dispute happened at home in Burnside, though Deputy Noahedishman said in a citation he was dispatched May ten to investigate the domestic violence incident, and the callers set her boyfriend was drunk and had bitten off one of her cat's ears. Dishman Ray found Rollins in a bed trying to hide under the blankets and ultimately arrested him. According to the citations, the girlfriend provided photos of the injured cats screenshots of Facebook messages in which Rollin told his mom he bit off the cats here after it bit him. Rollins told the deputies deputy he didn't bite the cat, but had tossed it after it bit him. Rollins in the Plaski Kennedy Detention Center in lieu of a fifty thousand dollar bond on three torture charges. Is bond conditions include random drug testing and an order not to possess or be around animals period.
Speaker 10: Amen, the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of doue dum good going douce. Your dreams have come true.
Speaker 2: My friends, A plump type, plumping No, you deserve better. They deliver on better. They deliver on great. Customer service, license plumbers the right price every time. They treat every call like a neighbor asking for help. No service fees, free estimates A plus with a BBB count on them for ethical business practices, transparency, and a commitment to your satisfaction. They've been delivering on this for years and years. Some pumps UH temperature fluctuation, pipe integrity, well lower clog drains. Tankless water heaters Plump type plumbing the Tri States number one installer tankless water heaters. Tankless are awesome because you get unlimited hot water, save you money, lasts longer than traditional tanks, and save you heaploads of space. So if you're running out of water regularly, go tankless with Plumb type plumbing. Plus, they do trenchless sewer line repair and replacement, no digging up the lawn. So if you have a problem with the sewer line and inspection, we'll figure it out. Call my friends at Plumb Type Plumbing Plumbing Done Right and they live by that model online Plumb Tight t I t E, Plump Tight dot Com five one three seven two seven Tight It's five one three seven seven eighty.
Speaker 6: Four eighty three fifty five KRC The Riveting Podcast eight.
Speaker 2: Here's your Jen and I weather forecast right is likely thaty They say the best chance east of.
Speaker 11: Ice seventy one maybe with some storms.
Speaker 2: Sixty four for the high overcast tonight do showers fifty seve clouds with a slight chancer rain tomorrow with the highest seventy clouds with a slight chance of showers over night, fifty seven low seventies for the high on Thursday. More clouds and more opportunities for some rain. Right now sixty one degrees Typer Travick.
Speaker 11: Probably you see up Trampic Center.
Speaker 7: At you see Health, you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal and makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better outcomes. Expect more at you see how dot com highways not bad to deal with going back to work on this Tuesday morning. No anks at instid do you with nothing close to a delay as of yet. In Bend seventy four included under ten minutes between two seventy five at the coal ring split to the seventy five ramp. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRCA the talk station.
Speaker 2: Fifty one fifty five kr SE the talk station, A very happy Tuesday to you. I'm chuckling, and you may detect that in my voice that it's got a reading from Joe's trecker. Whether it was acceptable for me to even cons read this article. I'm going to try to be delicate of it, as delicate as I can get your slap shot sound by ready, Joe. We have a guy that fits the description of the guy that was described in the movie slap Shot, who would get deliberate penalties. A registered sex offender who calls himself master m ast er, second word baterter, b ai t e er and I don't think he's referring to fishing. Has again, I'm just reading has again been arrested for indecent exposure, this time inside a grocery store in Seattle. Described as a prolific public and I'll substitute self pleasurer by prosecutors. Keenan Pearson, forty six, arrested earlier this month after being observed by witnesses openly pleasuring himself in front of numerous members of the public, including children.
Speaker 4: Deliberate.
Speaker 6: That's a guy we could get in the penalty box all by himself.
Speaker 11: And you know what happens next.
Speaker 2: If you haven't seen Slapshot, I would say that one seems worth seeing it for. When confronted by police, he reportedly confessed that he was stroking that's in quotes inside the store court to the probable cause Affidavid, he wasn't working on an old automobile engine Court probable Cause Affidavid. While speaking with officers, he was actively looking at women and saying that they should be in his show and could also participate in the act of self pleasure. Pearson's extensive rap sheet includes conviction for assault, voyeurism, burglary, domestic violence, possession of deadly weapons, and multiple convictions for indecent exposure. State sex Offendery registry currently list him as non compliant, locked up in the county jail a little one hundred and fifty thousand dollars bond. What in God, there's no flag for us in this case, Thank god. Convicted felon who engaged in the hot chip challenge. Are you familiar with that? Where you eat a tortilla ChiPT AND's covered in like spices that are the upper limits of the Scoville scale. They're hardly I mean, it's almost impossible to swallow, and then of course you your throat in your mouth burn like crazy. Anyway, did the hot chip challenge. He's now behind bars, charged with violating his parole by swigging from a bottle of beer to the chip being so hot. Darren delkis thirty six, arrested for allegedly violating parole terms that bar him from using or possessing alcohol or even go into places that sell alcohol. Pearl conditions part of his sentencing in Colorado for in connection with felons felony stalking conviction. Delcas lives in Florida, where he was busted during a meeting with a probation officer who reviewed video showing him with a corona in his hands. Dalcas quote is at risk himself into others with any further alcohol use, according the affidavit from the probation of a parole officer. Joe, for his part, does not consider corona beer. It's like having a bud, Like, yeah, you're right, Joe. Anyway, the video, reportedly recorded in late March, showed him doing the hot chip challenge. Confronted with the clip, Delcas admitted to taking a swig of corona due to the chip being so hot. Court records did not indicate how probation officials learned to the video. Those social media accounts and phones of those being supervised are often reviewed. There's always video these days. In addition to the alleged beer consumption, he was cited earlier this month for violating a parole requirement to carry a tracking device. Rap sheet includes convictions for dealing in stolen property, cocaine sales, grand theft, credit card fraud, heroin possess cocaine possession, theft, burglary, and violating the domestic violence Protection Order. He has so far spent a combined total of seven years in state prison. His parole was supposed to terminate late this next year. Sorry you blew it, buddy, fivety six fifty five KRCD Talk Station. All kinds of stuff to talk about in the six o'clock hour if you care to steer the topic in any particular direction. I welcome phone calls. I'll be back after the news at the top of the hour.
Speaker 5: Every day we discover something new and important.
Speaker 2: To day's top stories on fifty five KRC the talk station. Did you know if you five care CD Talk Station, Happy Tuesday. I hope y'all had a wonderful three day weekend and you did contemplate and reflect on those who served our country proudly and gave the ultimate sacrifice in service of our country yesterday Memorial Day, of course, and you can feel free to call five one three seven four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phone. See Bobby's called in twice this morning. Didn't bother coming on the radio, Joe, he'd just like to talk to you. I guess he does. A man who I dearly love talking to one hour from now, Peter Bronson. What a terrific man he is across the board, an amazing writer too. Today we will be talking about one of the books we've talked about before, given to Tomorrow is the forty eighth anniversary of the Beverly Hill supper Club fire, which I do remember like I was yesterday. We're gonna be talking about Forbidden Fruits and Cities Underworld and the supper club inferno. Of course, Peter is of the mind as I as of any as is anybody who's looked at the facts, the information, and the suspicious the cover up that was the intentional burning down to the Beverly Hill supper Club. It was like a mob thing, and Peter knows all about it. We'll talk about that coming up in an hour. Love having him in studio, Peter looking forward to heaving you here. Fast forward to eight oh five. We get the inside scoop every Tuesday from brightbart News. Today the return of Texas Border. Editor Bob Price got an update on the border and the number of arrests, probably two hundred and seventy five illegal aliens arrested in seven days. That article came out yesterday. Actually San Antonio ice raids netting some benefits there and again an amazing thing Donald Trump was able to accomplish and just what seemed like a moment's time, followed by Daniel Davis Deep dive. It's fallen apart Russia Ukraine. Russia's escalating its attacks on Ukraine. It looks like any kind of discussions not advancing. And Donald Trump calling Vladimir Putin crazy the other day. I'm not sure that he is. I mean, the more Vladimir Putin attacks Ukraine, the more advances he makes, the more opportunity he has to expand the control over Ukraine. It seems to be what he's after. Ultimately, I don't know. That's why we get Daniel Davis on retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis and also here from my friends at Rhino Shield, they're gonna be on our ask the expert good product. I had them out to my daughter's place and they're going to be painting my daughter and her fiance's barn in Rhino Shield. That's a really cool product, guaranteed a twenty five year guarantee on that it will not ship or flake or anything like that. So anyway, a word in for Rhino Shield. So without calls and you want to call, feel free love to hear from you if you've got something you want to talk about. This one really blew my mind. The article came out earlier last week and I didn't get a chance to get to it, but talk about corruption of the Biden administration. As I mentioned the last hour, we're finding out more and more and more about Joe Biden's frailties and his incompetence and his not really know what day it is. Everyone's speculating on who was actually controlling government during his well struggles with memory and cognitive decline. We all know about the autopen by now, at least I hope you do. The thing was used to sign almost every single executive order that came out of the Biden administration with like one notable exception anyway, But there was a gout an Appropriations Committee hearing last week, Republican Senator John Kennedy talking with Energy Secretary Christopher Wright, asking questions and pointed ones, and that's when he learned that the Department of Energy handed out ninety three billion dollars in loans and commitments during the final seventy six days of the Biden administration. So, by way of comparison, you're like, well, what does that mean? That's more than double the loan total from the previous fifteen years combined, and done of course, in a period after Donald Trump had already been elected, before he was sworn in. Kennedy quote, the seventy six day period you're talking about, that's the period between the time President Trump was elected and President Bryden left office? Is that right? Right? Confirmed? That's correct. Then he wondered out loud how the agency could vet such a massive spending today and ninety three billion dollars over such a short period of time. Quote, how do you do due diligence on one loan, much less ninety three billion dollars? Rights response, I think it's probably pretty clear it wasn't done. In many cases, there were commitments made from businesses that provided no business plan, no numbers about their own financial solvency or how this project actually worked. The follow up, So, so you're telling me that the Department of Energy, in the seventy six day period before their boss was going to leave office gave or loaned money to entities that had no business plan rights response, correct, Kennedy, no financials, right, correct. I've come in with great concern about how this institution, this great American institution, has been run, and how American expayer money has been handled. Right. Acknowledged that his department is now conducting a sweeping review of those loans in grants, saying we are, and yeah, my blood pressure is rising just thinking about what we have seen and what did happen at the department. Kennedy inquired, does anybody ever come to the Department of Energy to get some of this free money and lie to you? Interesting question? Right for his parts that he hadn't experienced that yet, and said it was a reasonable assumption that this has happened. Of course, he got no financials, no commitments, no particulars about the detail, just a hand in the cookie jar request agreed to by the Biden administration. Now do you think Joe Biden personally actually agreed to all this? Do you think someone else had their hand in the cookie jar or was facilitating that?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: Kennedy raised concerns about the nature of applicants who sought the funds, pointing out the potential for fraud. Quote, is it conceivable that some of these folk came to you with a half baked idea?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Very conceivable. In fact, I've seen such plans that didn't have a business plan, just to promise to develop one. Later said what SEAQ Kennedy the most wasn't just a lack of oversight, but the arrogance of it all. Quote, they were spending money at the Department of Energy like it was ditchwater. Their budget went from sixty billion to one hundred and sixty billion since fiscal year twenty twenty one, any of the appause, and you think about where's the congressional oversight? Clearly there was no congressional oversight. How did the Department of Energy's budget go from sixty billion to one hundred and sixty billion in such a short period of time? Were those funds approved by Congress Right, for his part, pledge to turn down wasteful projects and refer the thieves his word to the Department of Justice. Quote, they shouldn't be upset, they should be ashamed. Kennedy issued a warning, it sounds to me like there were a lot of people coming to the Department of Energy who had all four feet and their snout in the trough. I hope you'll take whatever time you need to go through these projects, penny by penny, and will they be accountable? Will someone be accountable for this? And you know that I can think of since these obviously weren't projects that were approved by Congress. Nobody's referring back to congressional actions the seventy six day period after Trump got sworn in. They didn't do anything during that period of time except apparently hand out all kinds of money to people who may have no legitimate reason for taking it other to enrich themselves. You know, we all sit out here, the unwashed mass is kind of scratching our head wondering how someone who goes through Washington, DC makes one hundred and seventy six thousand dollars a year as a salary can walk out a few years later as a multi multi millionaire.
Speaker 6: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Maybe the securitest root of money flowing through Department of Energy, and it's way back into some of the politicians pockets. And I don't know how anybody can defend this. I'm sure Democrats will try to figure out some way to say they're trying to claw this money's back, or there'll be litigation over you can't do that. But you know what, yeah, you can. This is the kind of fraud, waste and abuse that we have been You know that that's been out there in the world for I think as long as you and I have been alive, not much much much longer. But you know what, Apparently it's a lot easier to figure it out when you got the Department of Government Efficiency looking into it, applying computers and technology, going through literally millions and millions of documents, documents with the speed that never before existed. This is how you figure this kind of stuff out. Apparently it's a whole bunch of money missing from the Treasury Department too.
Speaker 11: Hm.
Speaker 2: Forms not filled out properly, money cannot be traced. And again take another shot of the Department of Defense. The trillion dollar defense budget they can't pass an audit. Don't I personally cannot abide by an increase in defense spending when they can't pass an audit on prior, many prior years of defense spending. I'm going to go from eight hundred billion dollars annually to a trillion dollars now, and they can't account for the money that's been handed over just because it's the American military, and we all should have a lot of respect for the American military and the men and women who serve. I don't blame many of them for the problem. I blame our elected officials for just failing in their obligation to you, the American taxpayer, to engage in some extensive oversight of the money. It's because some politicians state it's the benefit of some fat, huge military industrial complex contractor doesn't mean it should be supported without some of an audit, without someone looking into how the money's being spent. Frightening stuff, folks. Six sixteen. There's all kinds of fraud, waste and abuse in Medicaid, and here the Democrats are running around talking about how they're going to be pulling the plug on elderly women and disabled individuals, when that is an outright lie. More on that six sixteen right now. If if I have KCY talkstation, no odor exit will not remove the stench of that last subject matter or anything else related to politics. But you want to get rid of the odors that are in your world, go ahead and get oder exit products locally manufactured for more than twenty five years. The products actually work, and I know they work. I've used them myself on many an odor over the years. But I also know they work because if they don't, you get your money back one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee from the folks at Odo exit. Go to odo r xit no eodor exit dot com. It's easy to figure out which of the products you need depending on the odor you're trying to get rid of, whether it's skunk, smold, mildew, smoke, human odors, pet odors. The list is seemingly endless. Just don't look for politics in there, but use it as directed. It will get rid of the odor, and that's a guarantee from oder exit Again odor exit dot Com. Order online. They swiftly deliver it to your home or find it locally. It's easy to do. Use the search engine on the website and run out today and get some odor.
Speaker 6: Exit dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Here's your channel nine first one and went to forecast. Got a well rain likely today They say the best chance east of ice seventy one and a few storms are possible. Today's high sixty four overcast with a few showers. Tonight fifty seven for the low clouds with a slight chance to rain. Tomorrow with the high of seventy overnight pretty much the same clouds with a slight chance of showers fifty seven and low seventies to high on Thursday with more clowns and chance of rain sixty degrees. Right now, city About traffic conditions, Chuck Ingram from the.
Speaker 11: Uc hout Tramphing Center. You see health.
Speaker 7: You'll find comprehensiative care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. It's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at ucehelp dot com. Highway traffic, it's it's still in pretty good shape this morning. No major time delays to deal with, although I am so starting to see some heavier traffic southbound two seventy five to come across the Carroll Propper Bridge thanks to construction John ingramon fifty five KR see THEE Talk station.
Speaker 2: Five KRCD talk station at b Tuesday. Well, you got to get profits to the Republicans. I know. The Big Beautiful Bill's got the Democrats all freaked out, mainly focusing on Medicaid because I guess they don't like a work requirement for able bodied adults. I guess they don't like keeping illegal immigrants off the social welfare safety net. But moving over and going back to this ninety three billion dollar Department of Energy grants in the last waning days of the Biden administration again, that's got me puzzled and angry. Built into the Big Beautiful Bills some opportunities to well save money Federal Employee Health Benefits program. Now they're going to be required if this bill stays intact, or at least the component of it, depending on what the Senate ultimately does. And why would they get rid of something like this, because this actually enjoys bipartisan support. There was a separate bill out there previously, the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program won by the partisan port support with a standalone bill and a houseover Cite Government Reform Committee. Earlier in the year. That now incorporated into the quote unquote big beautiful bill, Federal Employee Health Benefits program is going to check marriage and birth certificates to make sure that people claimed on employees policies really are part of their family. Apparently thousands are not, and kicking them off the rolls, it's been calculated by the Government Accountability Office will save you the American taxpayer one point five billion dollars over the next decade. Also cut Medicaid paying for gender transition periods procedures. Rather, Washington Times reported the one study fifty thousand page, and patients underwent gender transition surgery, a quarter of them on Medicaid. They didn't translate it into a dollar amount, but why should we be paying for that? Moving over the Education Department, the bill boots people here on special immigration status like human prolees, refugees, and trafficking victims from being able to receive student aid the rule. The bill also Stiffen's rules regarding pelgrams, those help fund college for low income students. Applicants would have to report any foreign income they have so it can be counted toward eligibility. It's income they have and they should be reporting it. This is a change apparently also going to be facing higher requirements to be considered full time students thirty credit hours, up from only twelve annually. Congressional Budget Office calculated about twenty percent would the course load to meet the now thirty credit hour requirement. Again, that's annually. That's anyway, fifty percent, the CBO says, would keep the lower schedules and so their rewards would be cut down. That change alone, they calculate, would save the government and you, the American taxpayer, seven billion dollars.
Speaker 11: What else.
Speaker 2: The bill also tries to cancel double dipping in Medicaid by doing name and address matching. See these are the kind of things that were virtually impossible to do previously. Now with modern technology, they can do this. Republicans set as many as one point six million people are improperly enrolled in multiple states at the same time, and Medicaid agencies in some states have made payments to dead enrollees. Times reported that one part of the bill would require more frequent eligibility checks of the eligibility of Medicaid coverage. It was expanded under Obamacare, going from once a year to twice in order to boot people off whose incomes rise in the months after they enroll in Medicaid, who then wouldn't be no longer eligible if their income was properly tracked. CBO said that change would save three point eight billion dollars over the next decade. You know, all this low hanging it seems to be low hanging fruit, doesn't it. This is common sense legislation designed to curb this runaway insane spending. Now I add up all the savings right here. You're look at it. More than ten, twelve to fifteen billion dollars just with a few minor changes like that, changes which are easy to accomplish again with modern technology going to work here, agencies sharing information about maybe death certificates pairing back to Social Security ranks after people die. There's an idea, and I'm sure there's a bunch of Democrats out there that are against that concept too, for reasons wholly unknown to me and impossible to understand. You're living with joy pain, knee pain, hip pain, back pain. You need to get in touch with QC kinetics. You know you're getting up every morning putting your feet on the ground. You got pain, or maybe it's preventing you from doing something you really love to do. I know pickleball's really popular out there, but it's difficult to do it. If you've got pain, arthritis, pain in your joints. Maybe you've talked to your doctor about surgery because you're done taking pain pills. Nothing's working. How about QC kinetics not quick fixes, a revolutionary treatment that works to give your body long term relief. You meet with the medical team the QC Kinetics. They'll explain how the regenerative treatments take your body's own healing power and help heal and restore your damaged tissue. Well respected protocols that include potent and powerful cellular level treatments taken from your own body. And it's in an in office procedure with no downtime at all, and again no surgery and no more pills. So say goodbye to the chronic pain. Live your best life. Find out if you are a good candidate with a free consultation. All you need to do is give QC Kegs a call and set it up. Here's the number three times in a row so you can remember. Five one three, eight, four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine that's five one, three, eight, four seven, zero zero one nine fifty five. The talk station bream high this time for the Channel nine first warning WEATHERFOE casts kind of repetitious rain is likely today. They say the best chance are going to be east of I seventy one with a few storms possible, sixty four for the high overcast guys, with a few showers possible tonight, fifty seven for the low. An they're mostly thirty day with a slight chance of rain tomorrow. I have seventy same thing overnight, fifty seven for the low and yes on Thursday, more cloud than another chance of rain. Low seventies for Thursday's high at sixty degrees. Right now, it is time for a traffic update. Chuck from the UCL Tramphings Center. You see health.
Speaker 7: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal and makes your fast tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at ucehelp dot com. Good traffic on the highways for your Tuesday morning commute. The return from the holiday weekend not banned at all. I understand Fifth Street is now open from Taste to Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: Being closed from Taste to Cincinnati over.
Speaker 7: The weekend, still closers on the side streets and Columbia Parkway. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Sixty one if you five KRCD talk station at the Tuesday. Perhaps in my neighborhood association. It's kind of a weird thing that happened the other day. I still scratching my head over it. We had this guy, he was on one of those two wheeled scooters and his motorized scooters and his cruiser in our neighborhood. He's going door to door asking about if we are interested in pet service or pest service. So I one interaction with him, shows up to the front door, and of course our dog is us barking his hat off. You know, we got a Doberman named Liam, and you know he goes on alert every once in a while, and he was on alert. This guy stayed pretty far away from the door. He inquires about pest service. I'm like, no, we got a guy. We've been using him for twenty years and if we ever have any ant show up, we call him and he solves the problem. So he starts to asking me a few more questions. I said, no, we got a guy. We've been happy with him. We don't need anybody. So the guy scooters away. Well, as it turns out, he's going around all the neighborhoods and he's going all to the doors and he's using a fake nail. I talked to John down the street and he's going to sign up. We don't have any John in the neighborhood, for one. But he came back to people's houses multiple times during the day, and then he was back in the neighborhood the next day. My wife pointed out, he goes, there's that guy in the scooter again. I'm like, what the hell is he doing. So someone called the Sheriff's department that apparently they took the guy away in the sheriff vehicle. So I'm still waiting to find out for my neighbors. But we got this great neighborhood association. We all look out for each other, and we have a Facebook, you know, a closed Facebook site, so we can report suspicious activity. We had someone knock over one of the mailboxes in the middle of the night with a car and we all had video footage of it, so we were able to piece together who that was and how that happened. So just a props to every one in my neighborhood. I appreciate each and every one of you looking out for the folks in the neighborhood and raising questions and sounding the alarm. So I hope your neighborhood has something akin to that too. It really gives you a great peace of mind. Anyway, back over the local story. Sorry went off on that tangent. It's just that we still don't have any update from the Sheriff's department what this guy was up to, but I suspect no good for Sincinni police officers suing the City of Cincinnati and the police chief of the Cincinni Police Department claiming discrimination for being white men. They claimed four officers were denied opportunities for preferred assignments and were not promoted because of their race. Lawsuit claims that police Jief Teresa Thiji, gave preferred assignments to more often to officers who are minorities or women. Also list nine examples of women or minorities who are lower on their promotions list but nonetheless got promoted over the officers who filed the lawsuit. Lawsuit states that preferred assignments include perks and monetary benefits such as take home cars, additional overtime opportunities, and pay and call out slash on call pay that are not afforded to relief assignments. I'm not quite sure what that means, honestly. That's a quote from the lawsuit. Preferred assignments are also generally regarded within the police department as career enhancing, including for promotional purposes. Again that's from the lawsuit. And in a lawsuit they claim of the CINCINNTI Police departments, minority lieutenants seventy nine percent preferred assignments, of the female lieutenants I guess of any race eighty nine percent were given preferred assignments, and as far as the white guys, the male lieutenants, forty four percent given preferred assignments. So see if that bears fruit and make sure you got your helmet on and may have saved this guy's life, although the motorcyclist involved in the accident is now suffering from life threatening injuries. Crash involved a semi tractor trail or It happened on Anderson Ferry or over in Anderson Ferry on Monday River Road forty three hundred block. At about quarter to four in the afternoon, fifteen nine year old driver of a twenty twenty four Kenworth tractor trailer heading east on River Road made a left turn ran into a westbound twenty four Kawasaki motorcycle operated by a twenty year old man. Taken a UC medical center with serious injuries. Motorcyclist was in fact wearing a helmet. Officers say the semi driver didn't sustain any injuries, which, as I pointed out last hour, that doesn't shock me considering the size of a vehicle's relative size. Successive speed, and impairment are looking being looked into. His factors in the crash still under investigation. But if you're a witness, the Cincinni Police Department's Traffic Unit wants to hear from you, and here's that number. Five one three three five two twenty five fourteen. Five one three three five two twenty five fourteen. Feel free to call five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight to two three talk love to hear from you. Maybe you got something on your mind, But I also want you to call Colin Electric, Family and nonoperatives it's nineteen ninety nine. If you've got a residential electric project, you are the best possible hands with the well oiled machine that is the team from Colin Electric. Of course, they're all a license. They're great at customer service, the price is always right, and three of the reasons why they enjoy an A plus with a better business bureau. I'll give them an A plus plus for the work that they've done for me over the years. Everything that they do for you comes with a ten year wiring warranty. See, have nothing to worry about. They are the folks with the right connections. You will truly appreciate their other level of customer service and the quality of the work that they do. To learn more, you can go to the website. You can sign up for an appointment on the website too. It's Cullen CEE U L L E N Cullenelectriccincinnati dot com. Tell them, Brian, how can you give them a call? Five one three two two seven four one one two. That's five one three two two seven four one one two.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Here's your channel nine first one to one of forecast rain is likely today best chance rain he's device seventy one and a few storms are a possibility Today sixty four for the high, overcast with possible showers. Tonight fifty seven, overcast with chance rain. Tomorrow seventy clouds overnight with the chance of showers. Wednesday night fifty seven. And on Thursday, Yes, more clouds and yes more chance rain. Low seventies to high on Thursday sixty degrees. Right now, try for a traffic.
Speaker 7: Update from the UCL Traffic Center. You see healthy, You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you sehealth dot com. Highway traffic in pretty good shape. I'm not seeing any major time delays to deal with as of yet. I did just hear a dispatch for problems westbound two seven five near Reied Hartman, But so far I'm not seeing any slow traffic in that area. Choh Kingbramont fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Say forty fifty five ker Seed talk station have a Tuesday. Yeah. Going back to this door to door character in my neighborhood, maybe Maureen has stumbled on the answer, she said, there are cases of theft rings using door to door interactions to determine if somebody's home. According to link she sent me real link, burglars made a sky themselves as utility workers hand them and or surveyors to gain information about homes, occupants and their routines. So yeah, our routine is to have at least one Doberman, if not two, in the house at all times. Most I love my wife and my work schedules, somebody's there all the time. She'd hang a sign on the door about how heavily armed we are as well. Anywall just gives me great comfort again knowing I've got neighbors that are keeping an eye peeled. This is Kravitz from Bewitched. We got a whole neighborhood full of those. And going back to the fraud wasted abuse, I mentioned medicaid and the stuff that's in the big beautiful bill that's really valuable, and things you never heard from the Biden administration. They didn't lift a finger to After fraud, waste and abuse Amendment Odds over the weekend said federal spending riddled with waste, fraud, and abuse, costing taxpayers literally billiam says, medicaid a glaring example, which means, as he pointed out, people who are truly in need of medicaid are being deprived of it. Those who need it the most. Remember, the program is designed to help those on life's margins, not able bodied adults who are capable of going out into the world and working, or at least, you know, putting twenty hours a weekend in community service or maybe going to a trade school. As I keep pointing out, he's on Sunday morning, futures over the weekend, there's about fourteen billion dollars you've identified with Doge again. Ooh, that evil Department of Government efficiency. Fourteen billion dollars fans of people who are duly enrolled wrongly in multiple states. He said, you live in New Jersey, you move to Pennsylvania, and which state gets your medicaid? Turns out both states collect money from the federal government. And I guess, because they get most of the money from the federal government, it's better for them to not bother looking for fraud, waste, and abuse because that deprives them of a check. Administrator of the Center for Medicaid, Medicare and Medicaid Services Amendment Odds urged Medicaid be cleaned up so it serves the people that was initially designed to assist those at the dawn or twilight of their life, those living in the shadows, and those with disabilities who are unable to receive access to care because of others clawing at the cloth of the system. His words, and I and this whole Medicaid reforms of one of the things that Democrats are screaming about, making up things about how billions or millions of people are going to get thrown off the ranks. He said. We have to eliminate people, for example, on Medicaid who are not actually eligible to be here, able bodied workers, young men who should never be on the program at all. He said. The problem goes even further, pivoting to the lack of federal work requirement for Medicaid, something that exists for other federal programs, for example food stamps. Oh, you can do it for food stamps, have the work requirement. But no, my god, the Democrats are going to die on the hill of refusing to require able bodied I'd say, men, just to anybody, able bodied, without children, without disabilities, to get out there and at least make an effort. He said, let's be clear what this means. It doesn't mean you have a job. It means you're trying to get a job, which is a good thing because we have twice as many jobs as there are people looking for them right now. But if you don't or can't seek a job, you can volunteer somewhere. You can get an education, you can help out with other people inside the household. There's many ways you can chip in. Anyone on to point out there is a work requirement for snap the food stamps program. There's a lot we can do. I think there's a moral hazard if we don't, because you've got people who are not working, who could work, who should work, and it's better for them and better for the country if they do. He also pointed out a real bad scenario that exists out in the world. States are currently incentivized to not cooperate with the federal government, pointing to a provision under the program's expansion that's Obamacare expansion, that allows the federal government to cover up to ninety percent of the costs in some states compared to fifty percent or sixty percent in others. Pointing out the uneven structure incentivized of states to keep more able bodied adults enrolled in Medicaid to bring in more federal money. Right now, you said, in many states, if you go to the hospital and you're an able bodied person, the hospital gets paid more for a Medicaid and of fishery. Then you're if a Medicare beneficiary. People work their whole live chipped into Medicare, they get the program, they retire thinking they've got a lot, they've got a great system. The hospital tells them, listen, you guys don't pay as well as the able bodied focus on Medicaid who haven't been able to get a job, so in a way, we value them more. And that's what ends up happening. That disrupts the system. So it's rigged against seniors. Medicare the program for the seniors out there in the world. Medicaid the program that's supposed to be for people on life margins, not basically the entire population in the United States of America. And again, who's against the reforms Democrats? Democrats, that's heartbreaking. We're on a sinking ship. Get total chimney care. Fireplace in stove still got the Spring special going on opportunity I for you get your chimney inspected. Exterior inspection is free from the Chimney Care Fireplace and Stove. That means if you've got a gas fireplace or a wood burner, they inspect the xterior to find out if there's any water damage issues. Maybe there's problem with the flashing or however water damage occurs. You could be having a problem and not know about it, which is a wonderful thing. Chimney Care Fireplace and Stove, we'll check it out for free and included this in the Spring special. If you have a wood burning fireplace chimney's attached to it, they got a wood burning sweep at evaluation. That's only one hundred and sixty nine to ninety nine. That evaluation will also, of course include the xterior evaluation for water damage for one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine certified chimney sweep going to take a video camera inspection, look up and down, find out there's any problems going on there. Maybe you had a prior chimney fire and your lining is cracked. You wouldn't know that ab some an inspection. They'll sweep it make sure everything is safe so when the winter months returned and the cold weather returns, you can no you can use it with a peace of mind. Great folks, they are a plus with a better business Burea locally on and operated since nineteen eighty eight. You can schedule an appointment online and learn about the showroom and all the services they offer and things that they sell. That's Chimneycareco dot com. Chimneycareco dot com. Call them up for the appointment five one three, two four eight ninety six hundred. That's two four eight ninety six.
Speaker 6: Hundred fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 12: Wait lons my RSUs na.
Speaker 2: Here is your nine first warning. Wether forecast very repetitive, so rain's likely today, best chance east of I seventy one and a few storms possible sixty four to the high Tonight, clouds, few showers possible fifty seven. Tomorrow mostly clouds with a slight chance of rain and a high have seventy. Mostly cloudy overnight with a slight chance of showers and a low of fifty seven and more clouds, more rain on Thursday. High in the low seventies sixty degrees. Right now for about PAIRCD talk station time for traffic from.
Speaker 7: The UCL tram Fink Center. You see healthy, you'll find comprehensive care. That's personal. It makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you sehelp dot com. Highway traffic in pretty good shape. I'm not seeing any major time delays to deal with as of yet. I did just hear a dispatch for problems westbound two seventy five near Reied Hartman, but so far I'm not seeing any slow traffic in that area. Chock Kingbramont fifty five KRSC the talk Stationday.
Speaker 2: Six fifty if if you about KRCD talk station, Very Happy Tuesday, Jay, Peter Bronson after the top of the UR News, I be in studio for the hour talking about the forty eighth anniversary of Beverly Hill supper Club fire, which he wrote about in his amazing book Forbidden Fruits in Cities Underworld and the Supper Club Inferno. So uh, Peter Bronson. Always an enjoyable conversation with him, and I hope you will stick around for the program. I have to tell you our news and the meantimes go to the phones. Doctor J. Welcome back, Doctor J. It is always a pleasure hearing from you.
Speaker 4: That's always a pleasure to talk to you, Brian.
Speaker 3: And you know, I was going to bring up two things, one a personal thing at the end, and one something about brain metabolism that I've been threatening to call and talk to you about it because George Brenhaman and those guys were said a lot of interesting things, but you hit on a different topic at the Beverly Hill supper Club, and I guess since I called in on the correct day, just to remind you, I was there at the Very Hills supper Club when it burnt down.
Speaker 2: Oh you were, Yeah, I had I'm sure you had mentioned them to that that to me previously, but I had forgotten that was a John Davidson performed, and I always had it in my mind. My elementary teacher at the time commented on it, saying that she loved John Davidson and had seen him seen him perform, but wasn't planning ongoing. I guess they had plans that night, or maybe it was a week night. I don't know what her problem was, but she didn't go, and I thought I always thought about her that her life could have been lost in that fire. Had she actually gone? But wow, And briefly I.
Speaker 3: Told you personally the whole story. I have told it before, I'd mentioned it, but and we don't have time, goodness. But briefly, I was the host at the main dining room. It was my third day on the job that particular day, so you know, I was let's see, I was in college and needed a job over the summerh and so that was a kind of a great job. The owner's wife kind of hired me. And you know, I had no idea anything was happening there. But as I as I walked down the stairs this is early evening, six thirtyish, I don't remember exactly, And as I walked down the stairs into the main dining room, everyone turned and looked at me. That's a very unusual experience for its old And I turned around and look, why are they looking at me? I look, is there some famous person behind me? I look, there's this little bit of smoke coming down the stairs with me. That's how I knew something was going on. So I turned around and everybody's looking at me, and I said, could you all please get up? And they jumped up like like there was going to be a panic, and I said, and take your time, and could you please exit the restaurant go behind me, you know, we are close to the main entrance. And everybody left because I thought, that's what you do when you see smoke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was a pretty amazing kind of experience. I've never had people listen to me so well.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, I'm just thinking to myself, you may very well have saved a lot of lives just by calmly explaining to people they need to leave. I mean, yeah, as a twenty year old, I might have been a little reluctant to make that pronouncement to a whole room full of people when you know, it could have had some logical explanation behind the smoke coming out right now. You walked out for no reason, idiot, Jay, Why did you tell people to leave? You know? Wow?
Speaker 3: And interestingly enough, that was my thoughts. Because I got the whole room out, I went into the kitchen, which was back behind there, and I mentioned it to them, and I went out through a door in the kitchen, and some I was because I walked away from the smoke to tell people. And then I got out in the bright sunlight and I thought I'd made a big mistake. I was all away around the building.
Speaker 2: I had hit the dump button. You used the S word, uh, doctor Joe, I sure did.
Speaker 11: Oh I can't do that.
Speaker 3: Gave me from a big fine. Thank you for saving me from a big fine.
Speaker 11: No, I think, oh that's even better.
Speaker 3: But I did you save yourself?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, that's why they had the dumb button.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: So I went to the front and there were crowds of people coming out. There was huge, thick smoke coming.
Speaker 2: Out of the building.
Speaker 3: I realized I did the correct thing.
Speaker 2: Yes you did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that was a big night. That's the first time I saw dead people.
Speaker 11: It was.
Speaker 12: It was a big night.
Speaker 3: So you sit there for hours, hours and hours before I can get out of the place, and they're just wandered around, what are we going to do? And emergency vehicles started coming and then there must have been hundreds of them, maybe a thousand of them by the time it was done. And you know, we sort of watched the place burned down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I watched under around. I was at home watching the reporting from the fire. So my parents used to go to the Beverly Hill supper Club. You know, quite a bit. I don't say all the time, but they they were there quite a bit over the years. So anyhow, Bronzon will talk.
Speaker 4: All about it.
Speaker 2: You had one other comment you want to make for We Park Company today, Jay.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't know if I can talk about this, but hey, I'm actually playing guitar at a bar this weekend. I wonder if I can say something about it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I had, Yes, I knew you were. Go ahead and tell the listening audience you've only see doctor J Wheeled and acts, where are you going to be?
Speaker 3: I'm playing acoustic guitar and singing kind of old songs, my kind of rock and pop. It took the ACX Cinemas in Blue Ash Saturday night, the thirty first. I'm six to eight pm at their backlot pizza. It's a really nice venue if you haven't been to this movie theater, and they have twenty seven beers on tap or something, so you a nice pizza, nice beer, and unfortunately if you come, you have to listen to me between six and eight pm, So congratulates very most times.
Speaker 2: Obviously you have some measure of skills or they would not allow you to perform there. So check it out. It's probably covering some folk music for back in the sixties or something like that. Yeah, you got me here and some rock. Yes, that's me for you. I hope it's a well attended event, Doctor J. I appreciate our friendship and thanks for calling in and sharing that story. I'm gonna have to pick your brain over that a little bit more as when we get together then take care of brother, give you a long story. Yeah, definitely. We'll talk more at length about that with Peter Bronson after the top of the air news don't go away from.
Speaker 13: A full rundown and the biggest ten lines just minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored Advice.
Speaker 2: Seven six Syrip about KROCG Talk Station A very special Tuesday the return and in studio which I dearly love. I love talking to Peter Bronson. I think everybody in the audience knows Peter Bronson, a long time with The Inquirer and famous aunor author and publisher. Chilidogpress dot com is where you find Peter. If you're interested in having your book published, you might want to consult with Peter. I know he has published quite a few books, and he has written some absolutely amazing books. Props for his writing style and how interesting the books are. The Man to Save Cincinnati. We've had him on for that one. Behind the Lines, the Untold Story of the Riots, the Cincinnati Riots exactly a great chapter in the City of Cincinnati's world. But in the book we're going to talk about today a little bit o The Man You Save Cincinnati, History of Queen City and the Queen City of the West. That was fascinating, Peter. You revealed some really wild stuff about how absolutely I guess, completely lawless the area was before things got settled down, and I thought the most this was weird thing. Interesting thing is it was a lot safer over in Kentucky than it was Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: Couldn't hand you back in man.
Speaker 12: Hes a surprise. Hey, thank you for the kind introduction, Brian, it's a pleasure to be with you.
Speaker 2: Well. And the one we're going to focus on today, I don't know if I have to put him in order of favorites. I think it is my favorite. Forbidden Fruit, Sin Cities, Underworld and The Supper Club Inferno and you Trace the whole Newport, Kentucky, Northern Kentucky area from its its mob heyday, all the way through the burning down of the the Beverly Hill supper Club, which anniversary forty eighth anniversary tomorrow. And I know when you were coming in you heard my friend doctor j called in. He was the manager, a twenty year old kid, and he's the one that got the folks out of that living room right when, or the main dining room right when the smoke started coming.
Speaker 12: There are so many stories like that, Brian. Now that I've been out kind of on the tour of speaking, I always talk about the Beverly Hills supper Club when I do speaking events, And when I asked the people in the crowd how many of you were there that night or know somebody who was there, you'd be amazed how many hands go up. This is something that's still all these years later, forty eight years later. Yeah, Lingers and people. It's like for people in Cincinnati. I always say, that's kind of equivalent to how all of us felt when JFK was killed. We know right where we were and what was going on. Well for people in Cincinnati when the supper club burned, they can tell you exactly what they were doing, how they saw the lights in the sky and all the fire engines going there from everywhere. It was like the hugest calamity in Cincinnati that anybody knows.
Speaker 2: Bob, Yeah, I could not possibly disagree with you, because you know, I remember where I was. It was a home watching on television where he had the live reporting there. Yeah uh and I mean yeah, yeah, he remember.
Speaker 12: Who he got to jump on it because he was the only one who had the mobile unit the van. They had just debuted their van that week.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 12: And he was the first mobile report van in the whole Tri state area.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how far we've come that everybody with a cell phone can literally anywhere you.
Speaker 12: Are, anybody everywhere.
Speaker 2: But fortunately, and the what I've learned over the years, And you know, I remember being in law school and uh Stan Chesley, who does not exactly have a stellar reputation anymore considering everything that he's done over his life, but he was the lead plaineiff lawyer in the lawsuit against the aluminum wiring manufacturing companies. H And he gave this presentation to the law class, and you know how he had this smoke. This is the smoking gun letter right here, and this is the and when it had literally nothing at all to do with the wiring.
Speaker 12: Actually, yeah, I mean that's it's very obvious now from the evidence that I was able to uncover.
Speaker 2: Well, the evidence that was covered up. Oh, it's been unbelievable.
Speaker 12: It was like a twenty thirty year cover up, and it's all there now you can look at it. I mean, things like in the FBI memo where people a guy came in and told the FBI two weeks before the fire that he heard guys on an airplane sitting near him talking about torching the supper club. They mentioned the family that owned it, the Shilling family, had people on the inside. All these things, it's all in an FBI memo that you can obtain if you know how to get to the FBI vault and so forth. But then there was also a letter that was in the mailbox for the These are just scraps of evidence, but lots of it. A letter that was in the mailbox at the Shillings home when they got home that night after the fire that said, you keep building, will keep burning. Is it more obvious than that that it wasn't some accident of aluminum wiring.
Speaker 2: And then the photographic evidence that was hidden away in a box that wasn't turned over, that the fact that the fire marshal didn't do an inspection, that they bulldozed the building, That.
Speaker 12: Fire marshal was told to get the bleep out of here by the governor because he wanted his Kentucky State Police commander to investigate who was also corrupt? Who was everybody was corrupt? Well, the mob. This is the bigger story. When the mob moved in and this is true today too in a lot of ways. But when the mob moved into a community and they were everywhere, the corruption was like a cancer and it went everywhere and it went as high as long as you could be there. The higher it went, the higher it went, through judges, through politicians, through state reps, then to congressman, then to the White House. I mean, we've seen all this in our history.
Speaker 2: Well, and you if you watch any of the mob movies, think of The Godfather, you think of all the old mom movies that you know, we owned the police, and I need the protection from the police. You got to share the police. That was all I mean, that's all based on fact. You think it's some kind of cliche some all that's just the movies. No, no, this is all real.
Speaker 12: And there's a funny line I read the other day from uh it's attributed to in Mexico. But that's true for this too. If you have a problem, a crime committed, and you go to the police, now you have two problems, exactly right.
Speaker 2: Well, let's let's start in you know, the May couple of minutes. Let's get a little tip of the iceberg. Because the supper Club fire was like the culmination of what had been building for decades in terms of the corruption of mob activity in northern Kentucky. How did the mob and this was the I guess Northern Kentucky was the hub in at least the Midwest for mob activity. You know, people want to think about New York and Chicago, Las Vegas, they.
Speaker 12: Called it Mexico, they called it sin city. But it was big time.
Speaker 2: And how did it land here? How did it get established, of all places Northern Kentucky.
Speaker 12: Well, it really started with George Remas, who was the king of bootleggers. And if you want to back it up even a little farther, it started with Prohibition. The mob was really kind of an isolated phenomenon before Prohibition that was confined to the New York New Jersey corridor in Chicago and LA you know, the big cities where they had huge Italian American communities. But after Prohibition, the mob saw this opportunity, here's this vast public demand for something the government has decided won't be legal, and they started providing the bootleg booze. And it was George Remas in Cincinnati who really cornered the market. So he was not only the king of bootleggers locally, he was the king of bootleggers nationally. And his distribution hub, he said, he bribed so many people in Cincinnati it was unbelievable. But it was a lot lot easier to bribe and take over the government in Newport because it's smaller and your people with the handout. So he put his distribution center in northern Kentucky and from there he corrupted the entire Newport Covington area. The whole thing was just I mean, police, judges, council members, everybody, prosecutors, just.
Speaker 2: So the established mob networks that existed pre prohibition were they was it mostly protection money and prostitution and maybe gambling. I guess I don't know to what degree gambling was illegal, But did they do like numbers rackets kind of thing back then.
Speaker 12: Yeah, numbers, But I mean gambling was supposedly illegal, but it was pretty flagrant.
Speaker 11: Everywhere really cares.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean Cincinnati had Elmwood Place was the bookie parlors, and I mean there's all over the city we had places that were doing that. And northern Kentucky, of course, you couldn't even walk in. According to the Key Fauv Report in the nineteen fifties, you could not walk into a cafe anywhere in Newport without finding slots and bookie chalkboards in the back room, taking bats on the horses just right there, right there, in flagrant. They even had horse races broadcast on the radio in these places. That's great, so you wouldn't miss you know, you can just go in and lose all your everything you made that morning at work, and.
Speaker 2: I'm sure a lot of police officers came in and placebook. I made book two.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: My grandfather, my dad's father, was a bookmaker. He ran Pat's Saloon, which is right next to the courthouse really owned it pat and the primary source of income for my grandfather was bookmaking. I think the bar was just basically a front for it. But that was here in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 12: Well, the corruption was so endemic. For example, in Wilder, Kentucky, the town marshall Big Jim Harris. He was also the owner of the city's biggest brothel, and it was everybody knew. Actuallyboddy knew it.
Speaker 2: Lots more fun stuff like this with Peter Bronson. This hour will continue after these brief words, beginning with affordable imaging services. I've been there a whole bunch of times, more times than I care to remember. And I'm due for another CT scan in June, tracking the progress or hopefully lack there, of my lymphoma, so schedule for another one. I've already had several CT scans Affordable imaging services and the reason I go there and not the hospital imaging department because a CT scan in the hospital will cost me about five thousand dollars. Now I do get a contrast with my CT scan. It's six hundred with a contrast, and it concludes the radiologist report in that low figure five thousand or six hundred. You do the math. If I don't need a contrast, it's four fifty same for you. And in the most recent thing I had was an MRI, everything came out great on that four ninety five. I needed a contrast with that too, so it bumped the price up one hundred and fifty. But again, how about that or thirty five hundred dollars at the hospital? Same thing with echo cardograms. You know the other cool thing about affordable imaging services, They can get you right in. My doctor even told me when you scheduled the MRI that they're really backed up at the hospital, meaning I would have been left questioning and wondering for a lot longer. I got in the next day. Affordable Medimaging dot com where you find out all about it. Affordable med Imaging five one three seven five three eight thousand. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. Exercise it and save heap loads of money. Five one three seven five three eight thousand.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Here is your channel nine, first one to wether forecast. It will sound repetitive because it is so. We start with rain likely best chance east of by seventy one to day with a few storms possible sixty four. Overcast tonight with a few showers possible, fifty seven clouds and a slight chance of rain. Tomorrow high at seventy clouds with a chance of showers over night fifty seven and yes Thursday, more clouds, more chance of rain, and a high or rather a low I'm sorry, high in the low seven. Let's get that right, ran. It's sixty degrees right now. It's time for traffic update from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: At you see Healthy, you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal and makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at ucehealth dot com. Highway traffic not all that bad, including getting pans an accident northbound seventy one before you get to Redbank, they're over on the west shoulder. Southbound two seventy five continues heavy from the Moorn's Prog ramp to the bridge. Report of a broken down eastbound Reagan's ramp to southbound seventy five Chuck king ramon fifty five KR.
Speaker 11: See the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven twenty one if you've out CARCD talk station Bright Time is with Peter Bronson in studio, author Extraordinary and publisher again Chili Dog press dot com, where you find Peter's publishing company talking about Forbidden Fruits in City's underworld. In the supper club in front of which of course refers to the Beverly Hills Supper Club anniversary tomorrow, forty eight years since the Beverly Hill supper Club fire, which, as Peter pointed out, everything in the Cretison same area knows. It's like everyone knows about it and where they were when it happened, if they were alive or have at least heard stories about it. And as the years roll on, the more and more we learn about it. Peter writes all about it and Forbidden Fruit. Now going back to remus, the guy that cornered the liquor the prohibition liquor distributions. But I know in your book you point out beginning in nineteen thirty six, this mob activity that I guess existed already in the in the northern Kentucky Newport area, I guess drew the attention of the Cleveland mob. Yes, I guess so if you're just because you have control over a territory doesn't mean you're going to keep it.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Well, you know what happened is in Atlantic City in the twenties, the Mob got together because they were having too many problems with al Capone calling too much tension with his violence and Valentine's Day Master Yeah yeah, And so the all Mob leaders got together in Atlantic City for a summit and the idea.
Speaker 2: Was the Five Families, Yeah, only this is more.
Speaker 12: Like fifteen twenty families. And the idea was, we're going to divide the USA into territories or franchises. And that's when the Cleveland Mob was given. The franchise included Michigan, Ohio, and Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 12: So then Mo Dallas, who's the big boss of the Cleveland Four, the Silent Syndicate. They were the opposite of component. They kept a very low profile, didn't want any publicity or attention drawn to them.
Speaker 2: Very smart, right.
Speaker 12: And when he came down to see the Beverly Hills Country Club, which is what it was called, that it was still the showplace of the nation. And this was the finest carpet joint anywhere. I mean it was the carpet joint was the classy casino. Sure, or mob joint. So this was the finest carpet joint anywhere, and he dress up with the Yeah yeah, they were their best. I mean men were actually were tails and bow ties and everything, and the women were all dressed to the nines and their gowns and jewels. So the carpet joints also were more fair. They didn't cheat you quite the way the bust out joins did. Okay, But when he saw this place, it's so classy and so cool, he said, I've got to have this, and he issued an ultimatum to Pete Schmidt, who was a crony and gangster for George Remas I see. So when George went to prison, Pete kind of took over Newport and he's running this fantastic place, and he tells him, we'll buy you out or will burn you out. And Pete, being a tough gangster who'd been in shootouts with the Feds and run a lot of really oh yeah, Pete says basically nope and turns his back on him, and sure enough they burn him out. They set fire to the club in nineteen thirty six in February, maybe it's January. They have to check anyway, and early in the year, and a little girl who was five years old was killed in that fire. She was the sister of the caretaker, caretaker's wife who was staying night with them, and the men went in and set that on fire. Were finally caught, except for Red Masterson.
Speaker 2: So Red Masterson, Yeah, that name, that name doesn't ring a bell to me.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 2: You mentioned all kinds of characters, and I never knew that sleep Out Louis was a guy.
Speaker 11: I knew it was a club. On second.
Speaker 14: Yea.
Speaker 2: They have all these mob characters, which is just really fascinating. All this connection with our with our local community.
Speaker 12: It's really hard to believe this stuff really happened here, isn't it.
Speaker 13: It is?
Speaker 2: I mean it it's That's why I thought this book was just so absolutely fascinating. It's one of those you can't put it down. I mean, familiar at all with us, with the with just the concept that northern Kentucky was this hotbed for prostitution and extortion and gambling and uh and bootlegging, and the line goes and it is a real page turner. So make thank you listeners get a copy. Joe added back to the website of fifty five cares about copy. Will continue with more conversation about mob activity in the Beverly Hill subber Club fire with Peter Brownson. After I put a good word in for my friend Susette Loasa Camp. She is with Cross Country Mortgage, and the name Cross Country Mortgage really sums it up because I don't care what state you're in, even Puerto Rico. She can help you with all of your mortgage needs. Want to buy a house, you call Susette Loadsa Camp. She'll help you arrange for financing on that. You got a mortgage already, you want to refinance it or maybe go with a reverse mortgage or second mortgage. She's there for you more than thirty five a year's experience, and you can't find someone better in the mortgage business than her as far as customer service goes. And she's working for you access to all kinds of different products out in the world. She'll find great rates at a low cost with a smile on her face, putting a smile on your face. And she really did help my daughter and her fiance out in just virtually no time arrange for financing. They are happily in their house thanks to Susette and her efforts. So you can reach her two ways, either call or send her an email and she'll get right back with THEE. Either way you slice it five one three three one three fifty one seventy six E three one three fifty one seventy six. For email, it's Susette dot Lowscamps built l O s e KA MP Suzette dot Lowscamp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC the talk station. Your story has power and it can help Jean and I first.
Speaker 2: One one the four KASS got clouds and rain possible. Overnight clouds and rain possible fifty seven. Today's high sixty four. By the way, tomorrow we're going to see a high seventy with clouds and a slight chancer rain overnight, same thing, clouds and a slight chanceer raine. Fifty seven for the low and a high and the low seventies on Thursday with more clouds, amature, more chance rain sixty Right now, let's get a traffic update from the.
Speaker 7: UCL Tramping Center. You see healthy, you'll find comprehensive care the subpersonal. I'll make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you see health dot com problems found seventy five in the lock one split. There is an accident before you get to the Reagan Highway and that's starting to back up traffic rather quickly. Jock King ramon fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty fifty five KRCD talk Station. Yes, I am remissing my obligations to thank you. Peter Bronson. Has it come off Memorial Day weekend and thanks to cribbage, Mike, my submarine or friend proudly served his country underwater for a long time. Wanted to thank you for your two Legacy of Courage books that you collaborated on with Cheryl Pop from Hoterfly tri State.
Speaker 12: Well, the honor was all mine to be with those veterans and tell their stories. And I was thinking of them and their stories a lot over the I bet the Memorial Day weekend. It's just there were so many amazing tales of what these men went through. And these are people that a lot of us would know. Some you don't, but some of them are pretty high profile people in Cincinnati, and they just they did some heroic things and then came back and that was all put away, and nobody.
Speaker 2: Talked about it, I know, And that's the thing that nobody talked about it. I understand that is just a phenomenon among veterans, especially those who've seen calm, that it's just not something you want to be reminded of, and to speak of it brings back some bad memories. But man, the heroism, it's so worthy of them, you know, letting us know what they went through and the courage and bravery it takes to serve in the American military. So God bless you for putting that penda here.
Speaker 12: Thank you. Cheryl does a great job. He does, Cheryl and Tom Popp with the Honor Flight, that's just.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, terrific organization. Pivoting back to Forbidden Fruit, and I wanted to find out because I was wildly curious. You mentioned the succession we go from Remus to the Cleveland mob taking over and their designs for the Beverly Hill Supper Club. You described it as one of the best finest places show place of the nation kind of place.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it was still the country club up until they closed it up in the nineteen sixties when Bobby Kennedy, the attorney General came to Newport and fumigated it, and all the big boys from Cleveland and the New York and Chicago mobs fled to Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: So that's the turning point, that's the big spot.
Speaker 12: And then that the country was known as the Beverly Hills Country Club. It was absolutely gorgeous place, fantastically expensive chandeliers and all the furnishings were spectacular. It was boarded up for about ten years, just empty.
Speaker 2: So that's how the Shillings ended up acquiring. Yeah, so he always wondering about that transition because obviously since the mob burned it down again later with the forty eighth anniversary tomorrow of the Supper Club fire, there was demand for it. Why was it boarded up for those ten years? Is that because the mobs had just been eliminated and no one had designs on it.
Speaker 12: Well, when Bobby Kennedy got involved with the Ratterman scandal, he came and sent one of his top us attorneys to come to Newport with the mission to clean it up and declare war on the mob on behalf of the Kennedys. So the Kennedys declared war on organized crime in Newport, all right, and that led to that vendetta that It's very interesting, but that's where a lot of.
Speaker 2: The conspiracy theories come about. With Kennedy's sad with the mob being involved. Yeah, yeah, yeah, right, they're still getting information out about that. We got another book to write, Peter, and your book on Kennedy to the list of the nine thousand books that have been written on Kennedy.
Speaker 12: Ads.
Speaker 2: All right, So the Shilling family, now I knew they owned the Lookout House and that would burn down too. Any suspicions around how that happened, Oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 12: You know there were before leading up to the Beverly Hills Supper Club fire in nineteen seventy seven, every year in northern Kentucky there was a spectacular suspicious fire, and in all of those cases the fire marshals suspected arson and said they found evidence of accelerants and they just couldn't look Out House was.
Speaker 11: One of them.
Speaker 12: There were a bunch of nightclubs, there were all these famous restaurants people would remember, and every year this happens, and they're all mob fires, right, And then all of a sudden, in nineteen seventy seven, the supper club burns. And the first thing the governor says when he shows up on the scene is it's an accident. That's kind of like saying nine to eleven. Oh, just an isolated incident, folks, has nothing to do with terrorism.
Speaker 2: Nothing to see here, all right. So the vacuum that was left when Kennedy came in and cleaned out the Chicago mob, the other mob activity Northern Kentucky. Who filled that void? What mob came in and then started engaging in this you know, the arsons and I guess probably illegal gambling, prostitution and drugs.
Speaker 11: Yeah, who was it?
Speaker 12: It was kind of a period of disorganized crime. But the big boss at that time was Screw Andrews, who grew up right here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Screw Andrews.
Speaker 12: Yeah, his real name was Frank Andreola Well and he was a really bad guy. He was a murderer, a brawler, a thug. He ran the numbers rackets on the West side of Cincinnati and all the black neighborhoods. There was a huge numbers racket. He ran that out of Newport, and he ran all the brothels in Northern Kentucky and there were many and then the northern Kentucky scene gradually devolved into Cincinnati's sin strip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just as long as it was taking place over there. The politicians in Cincinnati were like, Okay, I don't care to keep it over there, going over there, yep. So we had a more we had a less corrupt environment on the north side of the river. And as long as you were able to fulfill your your sinful needs across the river, that would say, okay.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you had your adult playground across the river. So cincinnati sinstrip really was Newport and all cities in the seventies had a sin strip, right, I mean if we grew up in that period, you knew it. That's where the X rated theaters where, Yeah, the X rayed theater, the dirty bookstores, the topless clubs, all of that stuff. So at that time Newport had seven teen strip clubs on Monmouth Street alone. He's Louise, Yeah, I mean it was totally the sin strip. It was pretty ridiculous. But so Screw Andrews took over and he's pretty much running. And Bobby Kennedy when he came in, he did had the I R s to a study and he determined that the handle, meaning that's the word for the take the profit of the mobs gambling in Newport, and they were the national hub for layoff betting, which is sort of the betting of that insurance for all about anyway. But the handle was greater than the combined tax revenues of Ohio and Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, oh, I told you folks. Fun facts from Peter Bron's and author of Forbidden Fruits in Cities Underworld of the Supper Club Inferno. More with Peter after these brief words. Here for bud Herbert Motors. I love those folks at Butt Herbert. And thank you Jim Key for Westside Jim for steering in the right direction after my horrific box store experience trying to get a new lawnmower from my yard and went to the box store stupidly not knowing about but Herbert Motors at the time, which is why I'm so pleased to be able to steer you in their direction and got a piece of garbage which I was not aware and of course the guy sold it to me. He didn't tell me anything about it because he didn't know anything about it. It just caunked out The first day I had it, so I had to pack it back up, take it back to the box store, return it. And Keith for heard me lamenting that, and he said, Brian, but Herbert Motors, fifth generation familin and operator. You work with a Herbert family member when you reach out to them. They carry only the finest lawn equipment out there, and they service everything they sell. They also delivered to your doors. You don't have to worry about renting a truck or borrowing a Mi anivan or something like that. You got John Deere x Mark steel. I've got a lot of steel equipment. But Herbert Motors and Honda. My Honda powered mower does a great job. Had it for years now, they serviced it recently. You know, you got everything you want right here. And Herbert family I remember working with you because they know their name is on the door, which is why the customer service is outstanding. Tell them, Brian Saidhi, when you call them up. It's five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one. Learn more online. Check it all out at Budherbertmotors dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 11: We lost my herses at Kenoni.
Speaker 2: What a forecask clouds, yes, chance rain, yes, sixty four for high today, same thing overnight clouds with a few showers fifty seven will mostly cloudy, slight chance raine tomorrow seventy for the high overnight fifty seven with more clouds and slight chance of showers. Oh look, Lord Bowl Thursday, same thing, more clouds, well, possibility for rain and high in the lowest seventies sixty degrees right now, traffic.
Speaker 11: Up day time from the ucup Tramphing Center. You see health.
Speaker 7: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal and make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at UCHealth dot com. Sepbound seventy five. That is a slow go extra half hour out of Sharon Bill to an accident that hands the left two lanes blocked off just above the Reagan Highway. Northbound seventy five slows Buttermilk to Kyle's and again between Mitchell and Town Street, chucking rom on fifty five krs.
Speaker 11: The talk station.
Speaker 2: Fifty ft Kercite talk station A very happy two is the extra special Peter Bronson and Studio talking about the forty eighth anniversary of the Beverly Hill Supper Club fire. That's tomorrow written about in Forbidden Fruit, which traces all the mob activity in northern Kentucky from its earliest days through the burning down of the Beverly Hill Supper Club, which he and I both agree was done by the mob. And okay, so we have it closed. After Kennedy shows up, it's boarded up. Then at some point the Shilling family acquires it. Yes, this is after the Lookout House fire.
Speaker 12: The Lookout House burns and under suspicious circumstances, I should add, Shilling makes this move with his brother and they go over and buy this, this kind of time capsule of all this heyday. I mean when they went in there, the craps tables were still there, the roulette wheels, which are extremely valuable today, but all of everything was just set up, like they just locked the dark poker chips on the table. Everything.
Speaker 2: But they didn't have vandals back in nor they Kentucky in the day.
Speaker 11: I guess not.
Speaker 12: I mean, or maybe people were just wise. They wouldn't mess with that property. You might break into somebody's house, but you would not mess with that property.
Speaker 2: Fair enough on that, and so any connection with the Shilling family and the mob back behind me. I was just wondering, Yeah, because usually when you think about this, the place got burned down because let's say they refuse to pay protection money or something. If they're not any direct ownership by the mob and no competing mob, fashion wants to go burn it down. Is that what you're able to complete conclude? Because I know you have FBI documents, you issued foier request, you have talked to people when you were writing this that had knowledge about the interactions. So any who worked there, what's the story about leading up to that?
Speaker 12: Well, the interesting thing is that to set the context, in nineteen seventy seven, there was a lot of national push in Congress was considering legalized gambling much like we have it today with legal casinos and state lotteries and all the rest. And so Dick Shilling had big plans for that hilltop. He even had bulldozers on the site when the fire occurred, getting ready to expand, build a hotel and going big, really big to legalize casino gambling. It was a perfect spot for it, oh sure. In fact, after the club years later, Dick Shilling becomes the godfather of riverboat gambling in Mississippi. Oh yeah, he was always aiming for that, and he did make a killing with it, you could say, pardon the pun. But at this time he's planning to expand his hugely popular and nationally known supper club showplace nation And according to the employees that I interviewed who were working there during that week, they said that these two guys, uh kind of menacing types showed up one day and met with Shilling and his son and told them, basically, you fill out the check. Here's the blank check. We want this property, and you fill out the chick check or else wouldn't it be ashamed if your if your nightclub here burned down? And so they Chilling was a repetition of the prior it is and just like Pe Schmidt, Shilling basically showed him the door and no uncertain terms and uh, what do you know? Lo and behold Uh, within a short period of time, the place burns.
Speaker 2: Wow and such a just a tragic loss of life. Makes you wonder And based upon you know the photographs I've seen where the fire actually started, Yes, the Saber room. Yeah, if if they intended it to catch fire when it was fully packed, or maybe the explosive device went off at the wrong time or something.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think that's That's the theory that I think is most plausible, is that even the mob didn't want to kill all those people, I mean, one hundred and sixty five people. Yeah, and of course brought national attention, and then it really did. Between that and other reasons, the whole push for casino gambling kind of never went anywhere.
Speaker 2: Fell by the way side, at least for a while.
Speaker 12: So really it was a contrary to their their own interest to have this this so tragic.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and particularly we can conclude in the next segment on the obvious ownership of the politicians and the police and those that were charged with, you know, actually doing an investigation or following through on this, because clearly it never happened. Seven forty six fifty five cares De Talk Station one more with Peter Bronson Plumbtye Plumbing. It's always plumbing done right. You call my friends at plumb Tipe, they'll take great care of you. They know you deserve better and they deliver on that A plus with a better business feer no service, fees, free estimates, and whatever plumbing job they do for you will be to your satisfaction. I know that because they've worked on many jobs at my home before, and uh that's what excuse me. Enjoy that A plus. So some pumps, no problem. You got maybe a tankless water heat or you're interested in go tankless save you huge amounts of space, save your energy, They last longer than the traditional tanks, and you never run out of hot water. It's the coolest thing about the tankless though. If your family's running out of hot water, you can solve that problem. Back on plumb type plumbing for all your residential plumbing needs. It's five one three seven two seven tight te five one three, seven, two seven eighty four eighty three online. You can schedule appointment right there at the website and learn more about all the services they offer. Plumb tight dot.
Speaker 6: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Channel nine. Weather forecasts, got brains likely today, A few storms are possible sixty four for the height, overcast tonight with a few showers, fifty seven clouds with a few showers Tomorrow with the highest seventy over nine fifty seven yes clouds and a few showers and on Thursday more clouds or chance of ray low seventies for the high sixty.
Speaker 11: Right now, traffic tight from the UC Tramfic Center. You see Health.
Speaker 7: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal. I make your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more. You see health dot Com crews continue to work for the REX southbound seventy five, but lanes are blocked off near the Reagan Highway. That's backing traffic towards Glendale Milford for close to a half hour delay.
Speaker 11: Northbound seventy five.
Speaker 7: There's break lights from Buttermilk to Kyles and Mitchell to Town Kingbram on fifty five KR.
Speaker 11: See the talk station.
Speaker 2: It's seven forty nine, close to seven fifty fifty five KER City Talk Station. Boy, this hour's just flown by. It's always interesting conversation with Peter Brownson's here in studio. Most notably we're talking about black in one of my favorite books he's written, Forbidden Fruits, Cities Underworld, and The Supper Club. Inferno brought this one back to the top because it is the forty eighth anniversary of the Beverly Hills Club, supper Club to fire tomorrow. Okay, we got all the background. You trace this through in brief form. It's all in the book, folks. You got to get it the fire. So you got these shady characters, you know, No, No, s Cipriano whoever, coming in and threatening the Shilling family. Shilling says no, get out of my place. Yeah, and then the place mysteriously burns out of the ground normally And I alluded to this earlier, and you wrote about it as well, and it's been written about in other books. A fire marshal's going to come in and do a thorough inspection. They're not going to knock a place down the next day. That's Nonetheless, you have an organized attempt, which, with hindsight, an organize attempt to just completely cover this up and just bury it.
Speaker 12: Yeah. It was an amazing cover up. And it really surprised me because I came to this with a blank slate, and I really I was skeptical that anything like this could be up because somewhere somebody's got to tell you the truth. Yeah, but they did a very good job at it. For example, I interviewed the assistant State Fire marshal, who was there on the scene, went to the governor and said, I want to declare this The fire marshal said, this is a crime scene. We need to treat it that way, and I want to start my investigation. And he was told by the government to get the bleep out of here. State police are taking over.
Speaker 2: And that fire marshal he's the one that took the initial pictures that got covered up, right.
Speaker 11: I think so.
Speaker 12: And also the state police. State police took lots of pictures and then we never saw them for decades. And he puts the state police. Now, why would you put the state police in charge of a fire investigation. That's like saying I want the fire marshal to go after this serial killer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 12: No, it makes no sense. But it was because the commander of the state police was corrupt. And as I went through the people that were in charge of the investigations on a panel of about six people or seven, I can't recall, but there were about six people on this panel, all but one were involved in terrible scandals shortly after that or later in their careers involving corruption. Oh, so, gosh, what do.
Speaker 2: You do with them. It only caught up with them later revealing their maybe mob connections or their organized crime connections down the road on things unrelated to the supper club fire. But like, oh, well that explains that.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 12: For example, you had a chief of staff for the governor who was later arrested for threatening a federal judge and threatening to kill him. I mean, you had all of these guys that were very shaky, I mean just really mobbed up or close to it, or you know. One of the best ways to put it is that they're very vulnerable to extortion by the mob. Okay, they were involved in things that could have destroyed their careers, and the mob only has to pick up a phone and say.
Speaker 2: Like, we've got photographs of that night you were in the hotel room in north in Kentucky with the prostitute.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well that may explain the connection to the governor then, because the governor is the one that ordered the place knocked our bulldoze the following day.
Speaker 12: Correct, Well, we're not sure exactly who ordered that, but we do know that the following day the Zebra Room, which was where the fire began, right in the basement below the Zebra Room there's huge evidence of fire down there. Yes there is, and they denied that for about twenty five thirty years too. But so in the Zebra room, what we knew. Notice is that I have pictures in the book of the Clamshell Cranes the very next day destroying that place first. That is the first place the Clamshell Cranes went to and destroyed. And they were not just demolishing a burned building, they were covering up a crime scene.
Speaker 2: That's still heartbreaking when you think about that level of corruption that it existed, and that you know, and to this day probably still it does exist.
Speaker 12: On some level, it becomes less implausible, does it not as we read more about what was going on with some of our our federal agencies.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean you mentioned off air the FBI. I mean they had the goods on literally everybody under Jaedgar Hoover.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and Jaegar Hoover was about as corrupt as they come. I was surprised with that, you know, when I'd got into this what a whitewash he did for the Kennedy administration or assassination. He literally covered up mob connections between that were directly linked to Oswald by signing his initials on a memo with comments this does not need to be included. Well, you know, he was compromised. It's just you know, when you're in spend like I did a career in the newspaper business, you think you're pretty cynical. But I was not cynical enough. I was surprised again and again and how deep the corruption was.
Speaker 2: So you went in with a clean slate, with no preconceived notions, only to discover all of this.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and it's kind of a story that I'd heard around the newsroom when I got here in ninety two, and so I was fascinated by it, and of course I thought, well, let's find out what really happened. And I was quite surprised. A lot of things that didn't match the story I'd been told that were more interesting, or things that I thought was kind of minimized, were actually much worse than I expected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you paint such a brilliant picture of this and all the information and details. Along with some of the other books that have been written, I'm not going to discount the work that others have done on this.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, there are some great books out there.
Speaker 2: But the volume of evidence, you could get a grand jury indictment in no time. If this you spun back the clock and we were closer in time to the fire, it would be easy to get a grand jury indictment. And then I think easy to get a conviction because this is guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. If you can hang it around some person or some organization, this was murder outright.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah. I think one of the fire investigators was a man from John Jay University, which has a school for that type of thing, fire investigation. One of the professors there went back and investigated this as a cold case, and he's put a lot of time into it, and his quote was that this is the biggest unsolved mass murder in US history.
Speaker 2: Peter Bronson, God bless you for bringing coming in and talking to my listeners to me today. I always enjoy having these conversations with You could talk for hours. Get the book Forbidden Fruits since it he's Underworld and the Supper Club Inferno. Joe Strecker's LinkedIn on my blog page, but five Carsey dot com and why You're at It. Get the rest of Peter's books. They are absolutely just wonderful reads Chili Dogpress dot com. If you want to go directly, Amazon's got them, but your link is up on my blog page, Peter. And it's always just a distinct pleasure.
Speaker 12: For me talking with Thank you, Brian. It's always a pleasure to be here.
Speaker 2: I look forward to doing it again sometime real soon. Don't go away, folks, Inside Scoop and bright Barton News the return of Texas Border editor Bob Price got some updates from the Border, plus the Daniel Davis deep dive Russia's situation with Ukraine kind of going off the rails. Daniel Davis on that at eight thirty, be right back us.
Speaker 11: Happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour. Not gonna be complicated. It's going to go very fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 12: What matters to you?
Speaker 6: Who concerns me the most?
Speaker 2: Matters to us?
Speaker 7: You're US economy, I'm not the fall one k fifty five krc D talkstation.
Speaker 2: Mitato five a fifty five kr C the talk station. It's Tuesday, State in the obvious, it is that time a weekn get the inside scoop from bright bart News, which I always start the segment out by reminding folks book mark the website b R E I T B A R T dot com. You be glad you did great stuff there. And if you're reading about the border and things related to illegal immigration, you're hearing it from Texas Border editor Bob Price. Bob, welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Great to hear from you, my friend.
Speaker 14: Hey, good morning, you'd be back in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're here, and uh, I just wanted to comment on and get your reactions to. I mean, as we all know, I mean, this isn't like revelation to anybody, but Joe. Donald Trump gets sworn in and almost immediately is able to solve the the problem that existed the entire Biden administration, this unregulated, unchecked, absolute flow of humanity across the southern and off in northern borders. And we kept hearing over and over again from the Democrats, we need to pass legislation, We need to pass legislation. Donald Trump killed the legislation that would have solved the problem, and Bob, you know it as good as anybody. The legislation was being proposed would not have solved the problem, and it actually would have provided a vehicle to get a lot of these people legal status here. But the night and day difference between the two is just absolutely amazing. It's like he flipped a switch and stopped the problem. And it makes me kind of wonder as we learn more and more about Biden's cognitive decline and how far back it went and his use of the autopen, or rather the puppet master's use of the autopen, makes you really kind of wonder if this doesn't solidify something nefarious was going on and quite intentional on behalf of the Democrats and those who were in charge.
Speaker 14: The fraudulent Biden administration left President Trump a lot of major problems to deal with immigration, border security just being one of those. And so he's quickly resolved most of this border issue by for the most part, re implementing the programs that he had in place that Joe Biden did away with or his autopen did away with. And so, you know, we see this going back and forth. But when you look at the number of border apprehensions people crossing the border illegally, at one point during the Biden administration in twenty twenty three, we had ten to fifteen thousand crossing the border illegally per day. That number is now right around three hundred per day. That's just to see the ninety six percent decrease in that is just astounding by just having a president that's willing to enforce the law.
Speaker 2: Yeah, enforce the law. It's not like he did something by way of executive order and created something whole claw that would end up in court litigating. And because there's no law in the books. These are laws on the books that he's enforcing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Unfortunately, we have judges that think that it's their job to determine national security and border issues and foreign policy issues, and so they're trying to stop him through these lawsuits coming from Democrats. But you know, it really is the president's job to secure the borders of our country. The Constitution is very clear on that, and the president's moving forward at breakneck speed.
Speaker 2: And you know, to me, and I think the vast majority of Americans have you looked at polling to the extent anybody believes in polls anymore, most people approve of the work that Donald Trump's doing in securing the border. If for no other reason, how many nefarious characters, rapists murderers, criminals, gang members have been revealed have flown in or have come into our country since Biden's open border policies began. All of this is terrible for our country just from a security standpoint and a child trafficking standpoint. I mean think issues that I think most Americans, you know, there's no political stripe to this. In other words, Bob, this is something that all Americans, I think, uniformly say, wait a second, No, we don't want criminals and child molesters and and criminal activity going on in our country, and this is one way to stop it.
Speaker 14: Well, this is a place where the Democrats are on the wrong side of an eighty twenty, maybe even a ninety ten issues. Yeah, you're right, they don't want these criminal aliens roaming about the country. You know, there's some pushback about some of the incidental people that are getting picked up and put into the process, but they came into the country illegally, and you know, when you're doing a raid and you're picking up criminal aliens, there's going to be other people around as.
Speaker 4: Well, and so they get picked up also.
Speaker 14: But the impact has been just been unbelievable in terms of not only the national security issue. We had hundreds and hundreds of people on the Tears watch list crossing the border, many crossing the northern border, not from Mexico, but crossing from Canada into the United States. And now we're picking up a lot of those around the country as well. But unfortunately, with the northern border five thousand miles plus of wide open, non secured border, they can pretty much cross it will and move about the country.
Speaker 4: We don't know who they are, where.
Speaker 2: They are, Yeah, and that's going to be a different challenge to get a handle on if the if the focus for the illegal immigrants crossing for whatever purpose is moved away from the southern border, because clearly we've got better security there, you know, it's going to be moved over to Canada. And you know, one of the more alarming aspects and components of this, BOB is the sheer numbers of military aged Chinese citizens that have come into the country. And you know, given the control of the Chinese Communists Party has over travel and literally every aspect of their people's lives, you know, is no act incident that they ended up here.
Speaker 14: Well, and yeah, there's no way you sneak out out of China and make your way to Mexico or into Canada and then across the border in.
Speaker 4: The United States.
Speaker 14: We had thousands crossing per month in San Diego and then the Del Rio sectors, and even in Miami we were finding them being smuggled in in the Miami sector.
Speaker 4: So it was an.
Speaker 14: Asserted effort by the Chinese government to move all of these young military age males into the United States.
Speaker 4: And it wasn't just Chinese in that military age bracket as well.
Speaker 14: We reported continuously about Middle Eastern people from countries with ties to terrorism, yes twenty five to thirty five years eighteen to thirty five years old, who were being apprehended acrossing the border.
Speaker 4: What about all of the gotaways?
Speaker 2: Indeed, and you know, I think one of the lasting challenges this is going to be is if there were, if there are cell organizations that are mixed in with these with the flood of illegal immigrants that are just sort of waiting for the command to launch some form of attack.
Speaker 14: Well, if you remember nine to eleven, what eleven terrorists who were visa overstays for the most part, what they did to this country. It doesn't take much, you know, it really doesn't take very many people. But we know that there are tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of them here ruamming about in the United States, and the president is doing everything they can, using a whole of government approach to try to find them, identify them, and put them into custody and get them removed from the country.
Speaker 2: Well, and every little bit counts. I mean, one of the things you just recently wrote about in Breitbart again Breitbart dot com, two hundred and seventy five illegal aliens arrested in a seven day period in San Antonio. It sounds like a huge volume, and I'm glad that they were able to find them and arrest them. But how many millions of people are we talking about that fall into the category ofenctually potential deportees. This is going to be a long, long, challenging effort, is it not.
Speaker 14: It is, and people need to be patient with this. You know, law enforcement is not pretty. If war is not pretty. That while whenever you see television coverage in war zones, the popularity or support for that war effort goes down. And so you're seeing some of that in the United States, where the liberal media picks up specific cases and touts them as, Oh, the evil Trump administration is doing this to people that shouldn't be deported and blah blah blah blah blah. And so, you know, two hundred and seventy five in San Antonio, we had five hundred a week or so before in the Houston area. You're seeing these in cities all across the country. It's not just in Texas, It's not just in California. You know, there are cities all over the country where these ice I saysn't like to call him raids, they call them targeted enforcement operations. But they're doing the job and they're picking these criminals up. And of the two hundred and seventy five that were arrested last week at San Antonio, one hundred and seventy of the one hundred and seventy eight of those had criminal records. So you know, these are not your lawnmower people and dishwashers that have come here to quote unquote make a better live for themselves. These are ongoing criminal aliens who are engaged in criminal activity in the United States.
Speaker 2: Well, and creepy and frightening it is. I know, you can find a multitude of different stories along this line, but again props for writing about it. We had right here in the state of Ohio, a twenty four year old Venezuelan who is enrolled as a high school as a high school junior, actually was the father of a He had a girlfriend out there. I guess ultimately turned him in. He has a child with this one, but he's twenty four years old living with a I guess a foster family. That that's that's easy, Bob.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretending to be sixteen.
Speaker 14: And when you look at the photograph of him, you know, he does it to me appear to be under twenty one. I don't know how he got away with this, but you know, when you have some people with this liberal mentality, there's a support group immigrant support group there in that part of Ohio that is still saying that, oh no, we just believe that he's a human trafficking victim.
Speaker 4: You know, well, let's look into who this guy is. You know.
Speaker 14: One of the other horrible things that the Biden administration did was they stopped the DNA testing of miners that were crossing the border, and now we have hundreds of thousand, three hundred thousand unaccompanied migrant children who were released into the United States to god knows who, and even the Biden administration didn't know who, and they were still wandering about the country.
Speaker 4: But this this young man, you know, there's another message. Don't take off your baby. Mama.
Speaker 14: She's the one that called in and reported that he's actually a twenty four year old man. And you know, they finally arrested him and took him into custody. It's not clear when he entered the United States illegally or oh no, he had an expired visa. He was here illegally since twenty twenty three was when his visa expired, but that visa he obtained as part of this fraud on the United States government.
Speaker 2: Well, and I guess when the visa expired, that's when he turned himself into a sixteen year old high school student and got a foster family to look after him. I is that is that sort of the order of things?
Speaker 8: It is?
Speaker 14: And you know, you've got these these other children who are living in this house, a couple of adopted children and some other foster children, and then you've got this twenty four year old man who just you know, he's playing soccer and other sports activities in the school. You know, probably dating like a sixteen year.
Speaker 4: Old boy would date.
Speaker 14: You know, that's that's very scary situation. And it's three hours from your backyard.
Speaker 2: Well, and you mentioned accountability in terms of where the illegals were placed, and you had to have a family member or a host family that was willing to accept you, and there was supposed to be some measure of accountability on that. Apparently zero. The Biden administration didn't care ultimately where these people went, which is a real problem considering a lot of miners are out there being traffic and sexually exploited.
Speaker 14: And put into forced labor all across the country as well. And so you know, the Biden administration created such a massive crisis that they didn't have time to do any betting on these people that were quote unquote claiming to be sponsors or claiming to be family members, even distant family members. They didn't you know, the Trump administration put DNA testing in place to make verify these claims. The Biden administration did away with that completely, and because they didn't want to know, they didn't want to be burdened by the extra step of doing the right thing for children that they invited into this country and then put into the dangerous hands of people who had exploited them sexually and exploit their labor. And you know, it's just unbelievable the thing this administration would fall to.
Speaker 2: And all this was not I mean, and I get props to Breitbart because you were one of the first media outlets that was reporting about this unchecked flow of humanity across the border when the mainstream media was in a constant state of collective denial. They didn't even bother reporting on it. They didn't show any video of this actually happening when you were standing right in there watching it happen. And they of course didn't bother looking into this reality that, yeah, there's a lot of children coming in who are sent out into the world, and nobody in the Bide administration is paying attention or caring about them. All varying newsworthy stuff, But then again, so is Biden's cognitive decline, which is the flavor of the month right now, because at least they got caught red handed covering it up and now have to admit it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and and who's going to be held accountable for that.
Speaker 14: You know, hopefully the Congress is going to call Kamala Harrison and some of the other senior cabinet members of this administration and senior advisors to the president and and.
Speaker 4: Get to the bottom of this and let the American.
Speaker 15: Public know just how bad because even as much as we talk about it, you know, you guys do a valuable service there in Cincinnati providing truth and honesty as to what is happening around the country.
Speaker 4: But most people don't see that. They watch CBS and.
Speaker 14: NBC and you know, ws W, X, y Z and all of that kind of stuff, and they they don't get the picture of what's really happening. You know, I've been met with Breitbart for eleven years now and writing about the border the whole time, and it's it's ebbed and flowed throughout that period. And during the Obama administration we had some crises, and during even during the first Trump administration, we had some time where it got up to you know, one hundred and twenty one hundred and thirty thousand per month crossing the border, and it was outrageous. But you know, you see these liberal members of Congress who refused to do anything about this during the Biden administration. Now they want to exercise congressional oversight of these ice facilities where eighty percent of the people being held there are criminal aliens. Where were they when Joe Biden was packing thirty five hundred people into a shelter that was only designed to hold one thousand. You know, where was their congressional oversight?
Speaker 4: Then Trump?
Speaker 2: Trump was putting them in cages, Oh my god, as cages. But then again, these processing centers were far worse than anything it had curt under Trump administration. You know, Bob even wrote about that the progress is demonstrated because the San Diego migrant processing center had closed because the rest fell so low that they don't need the processing center over anymore. Demonstrable improvement in the situation. Bob Price, he is the Texas Border editor. Breitbart dot COM's where you read about what Bob's writing about and all the other great reporting in Breitbart. Thank you for spending time on my listeners with me today, Bob. It's great having you on. I'll look forward to having you back on again soon, hopefully with more encouraging news. We'll keep it up, Thank you, sir. It's a twenty one right now. If you have KCD talk station, don't go away. We got the Daniel Davis deep dive coming up. Russia and Ukraine falling apart, it seems. Don't go away.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Here is your channel nine first one to one forecasts. It's gonna be rainy. Best chance of rain today east of I seventy one if you storms possible, sixty four for the high, overcast with some showers possible Tonight fifty seven clouds with a slight chance of rain. Tomorrow seventy for the high. Overnight low of fifty seven with more clouds and more chances showers, and Thursday a lot of the same, mostly cloud are, mostly cloudy skies with the chance of rain low seventies to high.
Speaker 11: Then it's fifty nine. Now it's time for traffic from the Ucuptram thinks you see healthy.
Speaker 7: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal, makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more atu sehelp dot com. The lake times continue to drop southbound seventy five. The earlier accident at the Reagan Highway long gone, but trampik still will cost you an extra ten minutes out of Evendale down to the lateral North Found seventy five has cleared North Found seventy one a bit slow at Red Bank Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey twenty nine here fifty five KRCD talk station. Good time to be tuned in because every week at this time. Good to hear from Daniel Davis to win the Daniel Davis Steve Dive. You can find his podcast out there in the world where your podcast, Daniel Davis. Good to see you, my friend. At least I can see you my listeners camp, but they can hear you. Welcome back, Welcome, thanks for having me back.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 16: I almost had to do therapy for mission you last week, so eager to get back going today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was. Every once in a while I got to take a day off, and I certainly miss our conversations. And I presume you at least Gauge engaged in some reflection on those who paid the ultimate sacrifice and service for their country yesterday, Memorial Day. Yeah, I indeed I do.
Speaker 16: I do that all the time, and obviously that's what we're supposed to do on that day. So always, you know, harken back to that and respect the sacrifices that have been paid by so many, especially by the family members who still survive, and just always want to reinforce the message on that day that let's make sure we don't ever make unnecessary sacrifices to our country by asking them to die for causes that have nothing to do with our national security.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or causes that are just seemingly crazy. And then speaking of crazy, Donald Trump has suggested Bladimir Putin, in his words, has gone absolutely crazy. Is that crazy like a Fox? Or is he unhinged? Daniel Davis? Because some of me thinks it's based upon our prior conversations and my observations and reporting in the news, it's more crazy like a Fox.
Speaker 11: Well listen.
Speaker 16: I mean, I was a bit perplexed because in that both the truth socialist Trump posted as well as his comments that he made there before he got back on Air Force One, he talked about how he was really surprised, etc.
Speaker 11: That Russia was doing that.
Speaker 16: And I don't understand why he would be surprised, why anyone would be surprised, because Russia is doing exactly what they've said they were going to do. They said they will not have a thirty day unconditional ceasefire. They will keep fighting and keep talking at the same time. They want a negotiated settlement on their terms or they'll simply keep fighting for it and listen. Also, this drone attack in t Kiev that Trump was so animated about, is the fact that there has been back and forth. For going back to the several days, like five or six days in a row, Ukraine launched hundreds, like seven or eight hundred drones into Russia, tried to attack into Moscow. Moscow retaliated every day. So it's a back and forth deal. It's a war, and both sides to continue. So I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by these sequence of events.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know something you and I talked about before, uh and is the expense of launching missiles to knock down drones or other missiles from the sky. And as I read now, the drone attacks feature in array of decoy projectiles that I'm meant to intimidate drone strikes, but don't carry explosives. So Ukraine starts shooting at objects which don't have any destructive power. But there's no way for the Ukrainians to know whether or not they have they're armed or not. But obviously that frees up an opportunity for other drones to fill in the holes and attack the targets. I don't this is modern warfare, and I don't know how it's going to evolve down the road, but this it seems to make perfect sense to me that you would use, you know, a bunch of fake ones in there in the mix with the with the real ones increasing the likelihood you're gonna actually hit your target, right.
Speaker 16: And that's that's the problem that you really illuminated there that from the Ukraine side they have no idea which is which because a lot of them are what's called repurposed S three hundred and anti aircraft missiles and they look just like incoming missiles on the radar screen you can't tell the difference part. But they're just basically rocket motors that are flying in the air and you have to or even the slow drones, there's a medium speed drones, et cetera. All these things require you either have to shoot them down or they're going to strike their target. And what we're seeing, by the way I told you, there's this big, huge like multi hundred drone striking both directions. Nearly all of the ones from the Ukraine side to Russia were shot down. Hardly any made it through handful of a few. But on the Russian side when they're firing into Ukraine, a substantial portion of both the missiles and the drones are hitting their target, and especially not before last in Odessa, there was just catastrophic damage in there. And of course you've seen the videos i'm sure from Kiev, etc. You don't see a commensurate vision on that on the Russian side because they have the air air defense missiles and the Ukraine side has insufficient air defense missiles and this point it is a mass problem for the Ukraine.
Speaker 2: Side, right, which continues a theme that you and I've been discussing now for what seems like months, which well, I guess it has been the lack of arms that the Ukraine has, and I guess the inability of NATO to keep up with the with the demand, and the United States, of course I believe pairing back it's provision of weapons the Ukraine, and I see German Chancellor Mrce now is telling the Ukrainians that there's no longer going to be any limit on the range of the weapons. That so it seems like that this is like another step toward World War three if NATO countries are providing long range missiles for Ukraine to fire deeper and deeper into Russia, and I know, I guess the military strategy as well. If they're building a bunch of these drones at a factory that's two hundred, three hundred and five hundred miles inside Russia, then of course that facility is fair game since it's funding the Russian troops or providing weapons for the Russian troops. But this is going to more directly implicate NATO and to the extent they start, you know, intruding into Russian real estate, that increases the likelihood of some kind of armed conflict, doesn't it.
Speaker 16: Well I'm glad you brought that up because the comment by Chancellor Mets, the new Russian Russian, the new German Chancellor made a point of saying on German television yesterday that uk France, now Germany, and he said the United States have all lifted all restrictions on all these weapons and now they can fire deep. Well here's the Well, there's many problems with it. They don't have that many missiles that we're talking about. Russia can launch literally hundreds per month, every single month, because they have the industrial capacity of long range missiles. Most are a good portion of them get through. But on the US and NATO side, we had probably a couple hundred total. I think there's two hundred Taurist missiles from Germany that could be put into the mix. We've already said that our our attack ofs long range missiles, we were near the end of that, at the end of the Biden administration. We don't have a lot to put in there. So why in God's name would you want to like escalate the situation by striking something deep inside Russia with one of your missiles when you know that Russia can fire ten back for everyone you can shoot and risk exploding the war. Yesterday Russia said to Merits, if German missiles fire deep into Russia and strike a target, we will consider that as a direct participation of Germany in the conflict and will react accordingly. They left it vague what it is, but it's very clear they could either strike Germany itself, German assets. There's no telling what they could do. But if we think that Russia is going to allow that to happen and do nothing, I don't think we've been paying attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the other component of this is a lot of the hardware that we provided to Ukraine, and we've had our own people there helping them to operate it because they don't have the security clearances necessar to make the longer range missiles work. And I presume that's got to be the case with Germany's weapons systems, which means there are boots on the ground in Ukraine from foreign lands, most notably NATO countries, that are helping out in the waging of this war. I mean, you know, I don't know what the rules of engagement are all about, but that sounds to me like we're already engaged in direct conflict. Just we don't have the uniformed troops on the front line shooting with small weapons.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we just don't have them on the front line. But also, by the way, both the storm Shadow and the Taurist missiles require us help also for targeting and other telemetry data, et cetera. Not just the German boots on the Kiev ground so to speak. You know, where they're being launched from, so our fingerprints. Even the United States is on the all these missiles at fire long range.
Speaker 2: And so going back to the fort about Ukraine hitting further and further or deeper into Soviet into Solvie. Here I go again, channeling backwards into Russian tech territory. Say they are going after the drone factory militarily. I guess that makes sense from Ukraine perspective. But if a NATO country, say Germany, is providing the war waging equipment to Ukraine, then it seems to be fair play for Russia to go ahead and bomb the factories that are making that particular type of equipment.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we don't want to ever put them in the position to make that rational calculation, because here's the thing, there is too little thought on what is the intent of using a given military a piece of hardware or a tactic.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can say from a certain.
Speaker 16: Perspective, totally legitimately that anything in Russia is fair game, because everything in Ukraine is fair game.
Speaker 2: That's one issue.
Speaker 16: But then you have to say, what is the probability of helping the Ukraine side and changing the balance of war, and what is the risk of retaliation against US and drawing US directly into the war. That's where the calculations.
Speaker 11: Aren't being made.
Speaker 16: They're just doing the easy one and they're not doing the harder one, which could, as you very clearly point out, cause escalation. They could actually drag US in. And the last thing anybody in the West should want is the possibility of having this thing escalate what it should be, and it's death throws the whole war.
Speaker 2: Indeed, every day that goes by, Russian makes more and more progress insofar as it's moving movement into Ukraine, so less and less more and more land is taken by Russia. And that's where I started out with crazy like a Fox, because the longer Putin drags this out and refuses to sit down at the table, the more likely it is he's gonna end up taking over the whole country if he wants to. But in terms of a peace process, any negotiation, it's still Russia's position that they will not sit down unless Ukraine agrees to disarm and disavow its desire to join NATO.
Speaker 11: Correct, that is correct, Yes, yes.
Speaker 16: Sergey Lavrov reiterated that about four days ago in a little known clip from the West, where he just categorically said, yeah, not even going to consider anything short of demilitarization and denotification, and of course the no NATO part two.
Speaker 2: So yes, So we're not making any forward progress here.
Speaker 11: It's there.
Speaker 16: No, The two sides continue to go in opposite directions, with the Chancellor match with this, with Zelenski continuing to talk really antagonistic toward anything Russia continuing to say I want more stuff. You have more people on this now with Trump making these comments, more people in the US saying, you know what, more sanctions and let's do more weapons. Jack Keane was on Fox News this morning making that impassioned plea, all of which go the opposite direction of bringing this to a conclusion and increase the chance that Ukraine will ultimately be militarily defeated.
Speaker 2: Okay, real quick for we part company on sanctions is do you think that sanctions could be a potential inroad to getting the Russia to sit down and maybe take a little less stronger stance at the outset? I mean, do we have anything left in our sanctioned arsenal to give too harm to Russia?
Speaker 16: You know, I'm not a skilled mathematician, but whatever the number less than zero is that's the chances for the sanctions having any impact. If you've had zero for seventeen rounds of sanctions when the US was fully on board and you know, had the quote crippling sanctions and Russia weathered all that and now their economy is growing at a faster pace than ours is, then that tells you all you need to know that Russia has made themselves sanction proof. And it is more insulting than it is effective to think that you're going to have another sanctions round that's going to do what almost four years of efforts before have failed to do.
Speaker 2: It's irrational. Didn't pull any punches on that response, Daniel Davis. Now, finally, one final question in terms of the available troops to fight the war on behalf of Ukraine, they got to be running out soon or their numbers have to be perilously small. They've lost so many people on the front lines. Is do they have a well to go back to anymore?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 16: In fact, there's been there's been a couple of research reports issued in just the last handful of days in the West and some of Ukraine as well, that have calculated that Russia and I think it was just the last month. Recruited fifty thousand troops in a single month, fifty thousand, and the casualty rate is way less than that. So by maybe ten to fifteen thousand, they're adding more troops than they are losing. But Ukraine, even with forced mobilization where they literally take people off the streets and that's now a routine thing in Ukraine, they're not even able to offset losses. So the Ukraine side is shrinking every day. The quality of what they can put it up to a quarter and in some reports say that they actually flee the battlefield when they get there. And then you have the Russian side getting bigger, stronger, economically, industrial capacity, everything is growing. So any way you want to look at this, it's bad news for the Ukraine and the Western side.
Speaker 2: Daniel Davis deep Dye. I find them online, get his podcat cast. Tune in every every Tuesday at eight thirty fifty five KRC Morning Show. I'm not sure what we call that news, Dan, It depends on which side of this love the ledge you're on. But wow, truth it's true.
Speaker 14: There you have it.
Speaker 2: I love getting truth and we all get it from you until next Tuesday, My friend, have a great week.
Speaker 11: See you next time. Eight forty three fifty five kr SE Detalk station.
Speaker 2: Be right back.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: One more time with the channelnine first one forecast rather repetitive. It is rain is likely today, best chance of rain east of by seventy one. Few storms are possible. Today's I sixty four fifty seven overnight with clouds and a few showers. Tomorrow clouds and a slight chance of rain seventy for the high body Skies overnight slight chance of rain fifty seven and yes on Thursday pretty much the same with more clouds and more opportunity for some rain. Low seventies for the high Thursday, closing out at sixty degrees time for final traffic, Chuck.
Speaker 11: England from the UCUP Traffic Center. You see healthy.
Speaker 7: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal, makes your best tomorrow possible.
Speaker 11: That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more.
Speaker 7: You see help dot Com southbound seventy time continues to run an extra five inn and adam Ackland eastbound two seventy five. You're off and on the breaks between Mostellar and Reed Hartman northbound seventy one heavy guest out of Kenwood towards the Reagan Highway southbound. That's a slow go approaching Red Pink Chuck King Braman fifty five KR.
Speaker 11: See the talk station A forty nine if you've.
Speaker 2: Got KRCD talk station and Happy Tuesday. It is time to ask the expert. The expert and someone who convinced me that it was a way to go. Rhinos Shield. Welcome back, Todd Harville. Good to talk to you today about the rhino shield product.
Speaker 13: Thank you, bra, thanks for having us on today.
Speaker 2: Happy too. And I talked to David the owner. He came out and met me at my daughter's place. They've got a farm. If I called a farm at it's five minutacres. But they've got a big barn. That barn really needs a paint job bad. And so I got a quote and I'm gonna have a rhino shield for him, because you know what, it's the stuff lasts. I mean, it's like one and done with this product. Tell my listeners about rhino shield.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 13: Rhino shield is a ceramic coating that eliminates the frequency of having to paint every five to seven years, and Rhino Shield guarantees this product for twenty five years against any kind of feeling, cracking or chipping that normal paint usually occurs in a short period of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like on the bar of my daughter's place.
Speaker 11: It's yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, the key to Rhino Shield not just the ceramic coating. You guys really really do some major league prep work before you apply the product, right.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, the prep work and the primer is the total success of our twenty five year system. And there's the first thing we do is we get out there, we pressure wash, and then we handscrape down the surface to ensure.
Speaker 4: That we have all the loose pain off.
Speaker 13: And then we're really you know, you know, dialing in on is to ensure that there's no you know, rotten wood or anything that's damaged. And you really find that out when you're well, you're putting a handscraper onto.
Speaker 2: It, right, so you're not just slapping up the ceramic coating over something that's gonna flake off. That's how you can give that twenty five year guarantee. I mean you can hang your hat on that. Imagine not having to paint your surface for twenty five years. So it's also environmentally safe too, isn't it.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, We're a green product. Our our product is made in destined, Florida, and we're members of the Florida Green Builders Coalition. And it's just very very low e and low VOCs that it's just a bitsh of smells that any kind of coatings or driveway ceilings amidst into the atmosphere.
Speaker 4: And where again we're.
Speaker 13: A green product.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 11: Also energy efficiency.
Speaker 2: Explain to our listeners how rhino shield will improves your energy efficiency absolutely.
Speaker 13: You know, regular paints on home, you know, a trictional home will have one hundred and thirty the one hundred and fifty degrees you know, temperature rating that's on the wall with ceramics. In our rhino shield, our surfaces never get above ninety five degrees. So that's huge in the summer time of your you know, are your EIGHTC bills? Just keeping a ninety five degree walk cool is a lot more efficient than trying to keep one hundred and forty degree walk cool, now.
Speaker 2: Is it does? Can you apply this to any surface? I was thinking because on the back of my house, on the upper rear side of my house, I have hardy board. I suppose it's painted. I don't know, But are anything and are there any limitations on the type of service you can apply the Rhino Shield product.
Speaker 13: We do an enormous amount of hardyboard and cedar homes as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, you broke up at the outset, So hardyboard check, cedar homes check and what what did you start out with? Because the phone call dropped out there for a second or two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the hardyboard.
Speaker 13: We we do the hardyboard as well. We do the mind's share of.
Speaker 4: The stuff that we do. Nowadays, a lot of folks have hardy on their homes.
Speaker 2: Okay, good to know that. And so obviously it's an investment because it's going to save the homeowners they need to paint and repaint and repaint over the years. In terms of colors that are available, how many options do my listeners have when it comes to Rhino Shield. I know this number, Go ahead, Brian.
Speaker 13: Brian, there's there's fifteen hundred colors. Sometimes it just feels a little bit overwhelming. That's why we do our due diligence to put samples on the building so that a person is able to make an informed decision, and they're just making sure that they're getting in the right color for their home. It's a big investment. We just don't want to make any mistakes when it comes to a color.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're not just staring at a fifteen hundred pages or fifteen hundred different colors on a piece of paper. You'll if you whittle it down and maybe pick a couple, you'll put it up on the building itself to let the homeowner know absolutely. Oh that's great. Well you're not going to regret the decision. Then it doesn't look the way I thought it was going to look when it was up there. Anyway, that's great. So superior expert installation. Obviously, the key behind Rhino Shield the ceramic product which lasts guaranteed twenty five years, energy efficiency, savings and improvement of your homeowner value of the homeowner's value. Many there's no reason not to go with Rhino Shield. How do we reach Rhino Shield Todd to get a quote?
Speaker 13: We can call Lindsey today at eight eight eight Rhino forty one eight.
Speaker 2: Eight eight Rhino forty one, And do I understand correctly? Your website is rhinoshield ky dot com.
Speaker 4: That's correct.
Speaker 13: Or you know you can do rhinoshield Cincinnati dot com as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, to the same.
Speaker 2: Place, great rhinoshield Cincinnati dot com. Or just if you just type rhinoshield and then the word Cincinnati after it, it'll take you right to the links. And I found it in virtually no time. We'll keep up the great work. I'll strongly encourage my listeners to consider your product, considering all the benefits versus plain old paint. Todd Harville, great having you on the show today. You have a great day.
Speaker 11: Thanks Brian, my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Eight fifty five folks, you didn't get a chance. Peter Bronson what an incomparably amazing guy. He wrote a book about the Beverly Hild supper club called Forbidden Fruit, Sin Cities, Underworld, and the Supper Club Inferno. The sort of the book ends with the supper club being burned down. That would be forty eight years tomorrow, that's the anniversary. But the mob connections and and Sin City, which was literally all of northern Kentucky there for a long time inergally connected with a supper club fire. Got the inside scoop bright Bart News Border editor Bob Price plus of course the Daniel Davis Deep Dive today tomorrow Jack Atherton, The Big Picture with Jack add and of course Judge Ennena, Paula Tan among other guests. Thank you Joe Strecker for all you do and executive producer of the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Folks, have a wonderful day and stick around because Glennbeck's coming right up.
Speaker 6: News happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour.
Speaker 12: You're moving very quickly.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored by twenty twenty five FIFA Club World Cup.
Speaker 12: The twenty twenty five FIFA Club World Cup is coming to Cincinnati,