Speaker 1: Made uh Desan John, I'll pace Sunny sun on.
Speaker 2: I had a vision nat here.
Speaker 1: Everybody, welcome to our show. I'm your host, Lynnette and Stephanie over there.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, it's stupid.
Speaker 2: And that's our show.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's Friday.
Speaker 1: Yes it's the weekend, and uh, let's see. You know, it's been kind of so weird having Natalia gone at the house because well, now it's she left, and then I got family that came to town. But in between, there was like I don't know, four or five days where it was just me and Sonny hanging out. And Sonny does his own thing, goes and hangs out with his friends and stuff. So I'll be like, do you want to eat dinner tonight? No, I'm gonna go eat dinner with my friends. Or he'll say yeah, I'll eat dinner, and then he falls asleep, and then I'm texting him like, hey, what do you want for dinner? What do you want for dinner? I'll make you want me to make the chicken? Sleeping, he doesn't answer. Then he wakes up at eight o'clock and he's like, oh, sorry, fell asleep the fuck.
Speaker 2: You know. He's a typical teenager.
Speaker 1: At that age, and it's just it's interesting, like how quiet the house has become and how like weird it's gonna be weird when your.
Speaker 2: Twins are gone.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're gonna see well I see too much of John as it is, you know, because he works from home. I mostly work from home. And it is like we're just gonna be staring at each other all the time. We're gonna have to come up with other projects to keep busy because only takes so much of like what person without the without distractions and the kids and things to do and can you take the I'm here? Can you like.
Speaker 1: It's just gonna be like, yeah, now I want to listen to a podcast. Yeah, yeah, it's really it's it's strange. But I got a lot of good suggestions on Facebook. By the way of uh, what to give Phil for treats? Oh yeah, I don't know if you saw that. No, but people were like, don't give them those those raw hide bones.
Speaker 2: I immediately went out in the backyard, dug his bone up and threw it away.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, a lot. There's a lot of controversy about raw hide bones. What are they just bad for dogs?
Speaker 1: It's not good digestible, yeah, I see it stuck some. And then there's you know, different opinions on bully treats, which Phil usually enjoys a bully treat some plate. Some people are like, yeah, it's okay, but just once a day, you know. You got, of course, keep an eye on them. I always give them this stuff when I'm around, right, But and then, but I'm gonna be looking into something better for Phil. That's more, I guess, digestible and healthier. So if anybody has any suggestions, I'm sure we'll get some.
Speaker 2: But thank you, I.
Speaker 3: Need some suggestions, if I may be so bold and hit up our audience. So Penelope does not like her food, and she's always been extremely finicky since we got her. When we got her, the rescue told us to give her merricks. They were giving her merricks salmon, and the woman who had her was like, she's very picky about what she eats, but we found this food that she likes. Now, the rescue only had her for like six weeks, but they had already been through the fact that she doesn't eat a lot of food. It's crazy to me love snacks though, like loves people food, you know, But anyway, So we tried that food. She ate it for a little while, then she like just stopped eating it. She didn't want it. So then we've tried so many things, and then we have her on this food for like overweight dogs for senior who are low low activity dogs. And then we add a little bit of ground beef to it, which you would think she would love, and she will is when we first start, and then she gets over it really fast, and now she leaves her food. She just won't eat. So I need something else to feed her. I've tried ground turkey. I make the turkey and the beef in broth so it's more flavorful. Yeah, I don't know what to feed her. Oh. I used to try the Farmer's Dog because it was our sponsor years ago, and they sent us a bunch and she really liked it, you know, for like a month, and then she went and then she just lost interest in that and didn't care.
Speaker 1: Saying to me, because I got a dog that NonStop, wants to be fed constantly, will not turn anything down. In fact, jumps up and will snatch a bagel off a kid's blake.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, we would love a bagel, but she just doesn't want dog.
Speaker 1: Doesn't want dog food. Phill will eat whatever I give him. He's been on the same dog food for a while. All his vet put him on this prescription like dry kibble, but you have to wet it, get it soft, and he loves it, eats it all the time.
Speaker 3: I think the prescription dog food is a scam.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of people whose dogs are on prescription dog food, and I just have I just wonder it.
Speaker 1: Is like a brand though, that we can get online. We can just it's not like I guess it. I guess it was a brand of food that was suggested for Phil because of his digestive and because he can't gain weight and stuff. And he's slimmed down really nicely since we moved, so he's gotten used to get you know, table scraps from Adam.
Speaker 2: Now that's been cut out, and he used to get in the.
Speaker 1: Trash all the time, and he would get into people's backpacks all the time. Not in our house anymore. Now it's like everything is shut on the lockdown.
Speaker 2: He hasn't gone.
Speaker 1: Got an into anything, which is great, except for one time when I left and I came back and his cabinet was open. He I accidentally left it ajar and he got it open and got into his treats. It's like jerky treats. Oh, which was fine, there wasn't that much left, but whatever. But other than that, No, he's been great, like he's he's been fine. But uh yeah, he's he's.
Speaker 2: Been in better shape. And the coyotes are back now.
Speaker 1: By the way, they're out of control in our neighborhood. Sonny walking home at night sees them all the time. Really, Anthony got into our house and came into town on Sunday night. He ran an aaron down the street. He's like, I almost hit a coyote there. And then Saturday morning, I'm sitting like in the kitchen and I hear it was like ten am in the morning, and I hear like, oh, like them howling, and I go, it sounds very close.
Speaker 2: I look outside. They're in my back yard. Oh no, there's like the read at least that I could see in my backyard just.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, what the hell. Phil doesn't even care. He's just sitting there looking out the window.
Speaker 3: Oh my God, would lose her mind.
Speaker 1: I mean imagine, I don't A lot of people say that they're afraid if they won't come by Phil, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: If they're in a pack, I'm scared.
Speaker 3: Oh I've heard that if they're in a pack, they don't care. They don't take down a big dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm not leaving Phil outside. I haven't since they came around the first time. But they came around again, and it's just it's it's insane.
Speaker 2: So uh.
Speaker 1: And then last night we were going to bed and it was like, I don't know, eleven thirty, twelve o'clock and you hear them.
Speaker 2: Like they're right outside our door.
Speaker 1: I've never had I've never seen this many in our neighborhood. I guess because we live we're right up against the foothills.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I mean. Our neighborhood is right near the Ela River and there's end right by a park where there's a whole area where they go. But like knock on Wood, I haven't had like.
Speaker 2: A scary Yeah, they probably.
Speaker 3: You remember I went through a period. There was one period. I guess maybe it had been a really bad drought and they were hungry and I don't know, but I was seeing them a lot and having Remember I had to like call John to come get me one time because two of them were following me with Piedelope. Yeah, and I had to call John to come with the car and put us in the car and take us home.
Speaker 1: It's scary when you're out walking the dog and there's like two of them or whatever. Yeah, and asked Sonny, I go, aren't you bothered by them? And you're walking at home late at night? And he's like, now, they're they're scaredy cats. They don't they don't come near me, like he can see him, like kind of far away, and he doesn't seem to doesn't bother him.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'd want to bring like an airhorn with us or something.
Speaker 2: I got him one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, he won't take it with him.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've got my kids trained to take pepper spray with them when they're out wandering around at night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yeah, I mean Sonny's you know, over six feet tall, and he's eighteen now and stuff.
Speaker 2: And he's not that far from his friends.
Speaker 1: His friends all live so close, especially in this new house, they're very close by, right, so he can just walk over and to their house and then just walk home.
Speaker 3: Well, we have a lot of like really nosy neighbors who can be very persistent, and I feel like, you know, you could tell them like, hey, i'm kind of busier. I'm listening to a podcast, but they don't listen. So sometimes just a little quick spray of pepper spray, Yeah, that's there, you go can ward them off. And then it's also preventative because then they might think twice before going like, hey, what's up, like nice weather we've been having. Then they're like, maybe not with her because she's pepper sprayed me.
Speaker 1: That's funny because I was Anthony was like, uh, he had a T shirt on with these guys on it, and I was asked him about it. It said blink one eighty two, but it wasn't three faces that are blink one eighty two And he goes, oh, he goes, you don't get it, and I said no, and he goes, then you don't watch Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen that show?
Speaker 3: I've seen it, but like a long time ago, but.
Speaker 2: He loves it and he and then he showed have you seen it?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but a long time ago, the early like four or five seasons, which I think were about like ten years ago, maybe longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So he showed me two episodes last night before we went to bed, and one of them they moved into the suburbs and the neighbor was just nosy and the guy just had enough of him and like threw his commuter and mug at him and oh like.
Speaker 2: Just flipped out on him. So reminded me of that. But it's cool.
Speaker 3: It was the blink. It's just it.
Speaker 1: Once you watch the show, it kind of makes sense cause they're it's kind of like watching improv actors. You know, there's like lunch great guy and the other one are like really over the top characters, but it's really witty and funny and smart and uh. I Then after seeing and getting to know the characters, then it kind of made sense, Like they're posting his blank what aytail, but they're not I see a T shirt? Because they're these crazy characters, right. And Danny DeVito's one of the day, he's like the main character.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And Kristin Olsen plays the is the woman in that show, and she also plays in Hacks. She plays Gene Smart's character's daughter. Oh she's she's really funny in that. Yeah, she's a really funny actress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they very all of them. The cast is great, really funny, and the writing's funny. I only watched two episodes, but I was like, oh, okay, I'm I'm hooked.
Speaker 2: I'm in Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, I can't go back to shows that There's been too many seasons, too many seasons. It was hard enough to do Breaking Breaking Bad, you know, because those shows came out when the Twin we had had twins, my life changed so much. I had such a different like I was into football, was I kept up on things. It's like I went into some kind of black hole in the early years of the Twins where I just couldn't I was tired all the time. I could not watch some of these big shows that came out. Breaking Bad was one of them, and everyone was talking about it. Oh and then The Shield had been out for a while, and I freaking loved that show. But I think we stopped it. We had to stop watching it. And then it was later when the Twins got older, we were like, let's watch all of The Shield, like from start to finish. I loved that that show.
Speaker 2: So it still holds up.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, because it now again. When we watched it, the Twins were a little older, but it was still years ago. It was still sorry, at least eight years ago or longer. But then Breaking Bad, it was just like, oh my god. We kept trying to watch the first season when the Twins were a little and we'd get through like a couple episodes, but then we'd forget to watch it for a while and then I'd be like, now we got to start over because I don't remember what happened. And then at some point we were like, we're doing this, We're gonna commit, and then we watched the whole thing. Another one that's like that is The Wire. I never watched The Wire.
Speaker 2: I never watched The Wire. If you watch The Wire, of course it's good.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's great.
Speaker 3: We've tried it. So John and I have tried it a bunch of times and we can't get hooked in what What's wrong? Times?
Speaker 4: It just takes a show a couple of times to get into it. Like with Breaking Bad, I think it took me like three tries before I really got hooked into it. And I mean, it's my favorite show of all time. So once I got hooked, I was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was breaking bad.
Speaker 1: I got hooked really quick and I but I watched it after it was over, and every I've done that now with a couple shows, like everybody talks about how great it is, and I think that was another show when my kids were little. One of the other shows, Game of Thrones, that everybody was talking about, and I never and I was like, I'm not into dragons and fantasy in any way, you know. But then when it ended, so many people I respect that were like, like James baby Doll Dixon.
Speaker 2: I was talking to him.
Speaker 1: He's like, Baby, you think I'm into these fantasy shit dragons and shit, I'm not into it either, but you gotta watch it. It's fucking phenomenal, you know. So I was like, all right, let me try it. But the other thing is I didn't have anybody to watch it with. Everybody else is watching with people, so they can, you know, bounce it off, like what's going on here?
Speaker 2: This story?
Speaker 1: There's a million storylines, and so I didn't have anybody. But my nephew Nicholas was like, answer, Lynnette, any questions you have, text me. So I would text him late at night and then the next morning he'd give me the answer, so that helped, and then I was like, wow, this is a great show. Meanwhile, it's been over like two years about that point.
Speaker 3: I'm always curious as to how these kinds of shows come about because I'm so simple in what I like. I'm like, give me a show where it's like, it's about like this relationship. You know, this girl meets a guy and like all the fighting that happens at the beginning of the relationship until it's like, well, there, won't they get to get That's all I need? And then I'm like, oh, that sounds good, pretty easy to pitch. I don't need. And then there's like a king and that king have like eight k sons and then the sons all I'm like, yeah, I can't yeah, but how did those get pitched? Like why do you need all that? Still, like, I don't know. I guess development executives are way smarter than me and can see have some forethought to like what's going to be a good show. But imagine trying to pitch Game of Throne.
Speaker 1: Right, well, I think it was a book, right, yeah, Yeah, it was books. Yeah, which that's always a good start. I could start there, but uh, Yeah. Like the other thing too was you know you we don't. It doesn't seem like you have these anymore. But these big shows that came along, it's like people the excitement was watching it once a week and then talking about it with your friends. And that was the fun when I was working, you know, that's what we would do, you know, talk about it the next day, can't wait to then you know, cliffhanger and talk about it next week. Now it's like everybody just binge watches everything and it's like, oh, I'm not at the end yet. I'm only on season three and it's kind of lost. It's it's excitement that way.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why it's interesting that like Max and Netflix even some of them are doing are doing a rollout, well not Netflix, more Max.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Amazon, Amazon and Max will do rollouts weekly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think they're trying to recapture that, you know. But some people are like like you and me that were like, well let me let let me let it be over so that I can just watch the whole thing. We're still figuring out ways to binge it.
Speaker 2: Are you still watching Love Is Blind? UK?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's done, it's done. Oh the finale is on today. Okay, so we're recording today on a Monday. Holy shit finale. I think it's gonna air though, at nine pm tonight, so I will. I will watch it, probably after I watch The Bachelor, because you know, I have to watch The Bachelor and the record that tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Now, would you say it's like one of the better seasons.
Speaker 3: These things are always like candy to me. It's like, while I'm watching it, I'm like, oh my god, I want to see every episode. Well, here's the thing. When you get to the wedding episodes, I fast forward through the entire thing, like I get invested, and then I make my predictions and I'm like, oh, I think this couple's going to get married. I think this one's not. But then I don't care about it.
Speaker 2: Don't try their dressage dresses.
Speaker 3: I do not care about the whole day of the wedding because I'm like, it doesn't matter if they say no, it doesn't matter that I watched twenty minutes of them going like I I'm really excited. This could be the best, this could be the rest of my life. I'm putting on my dress. I'm talking to my dad like I don't care shut up and fast forward even through the vows I don't care. I get to the end, and then when they say the thing and now is the time that we ask is if Love is blind? That's where I come in. And then I go, oh, okay, I thought so, right, But then it's the reunion. That's what I'm all about. Lynette and I. You guys might recall went to the reunion of the Love Is Blind taping. First. It kind of sucked because right, but if you recall, it crashed, so it couldn't. We waited for hours in the cold studio, and also we got no juice because it was live. So what everybody saw was what we saw, yes, all the only difference is that we saw them like sitting on the couch, we can see who seemed actually kind of happy, but no questions were asked.
Speaker 1: That weren't aired, right, Yeah, it was tortuous sitting in that studio in the freezing cold.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And they kept going dunung okay, and they kept going, Okay, we're gonna start, and you'd hear the beginning of Netflix going du dung, and then you'd wait and wait and they go, all right, we're not it's not ready yet still crashing.
Speaker 3: And they took our phones. Oh that's right, So we had no phone, no phones, so we had to talk to each other.
Speaker 2: And they think we were starting to get hungry.
Speaker 3: We were starving.
Speaker 2: We were starving.
Speaker 3: Your friend went and got us like chips from somebody went and got us chips. Yes, which is good. So speaking of snacks, Oh my god, unplanned segue, but good one. Let's talk about Hungry Root. Hungry Wow, is this a good thing? And I am I excited to send it to LB when she I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do it for both Natalia and Sonny. This is perfect for both of them.
Speaker 3: Hungry Root is an easy way to eat healthy because they send you fresh, high quality groceries, simple, delicious recipes, and essential supplements. So it's a good meal subscription box, except for so much more. You can like give your kids supplies, do it for yourself. They send you really delicious, healthy snack options pre prepared, not things you have to cook, but also quick, easy, delicious, healthy dinner options.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yes.
Speaker 1: And what Hungary does is they get to know your personal health goals, dietary restrictions, favorite foods, how much time you want to spend cooking and more. And then they build you a personalized cart with all your grocery needs for the week, which is great absolutely for our kids.
Speaker 3: Yep. I went through it and answered a bunch of questions about what I wanted to eat, and then they sent me a whole selection and there was like vanilla yogurt and like pretzels and hummus and really great stuff. The kids were all like, where did this come from? Yeah, per for packing their lunches, perfect for just eating on the go, but also great meals that I was able to prepare really easily.
Speaker 2: That's fresh yees. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So right now, Hungry Root is offering for crying out loud listeners, forty percent off your first delivery and free veggies for life. Just go to hungryroot dot com slash f col to get forty percent off your first delivery and get your free veggies. That's hungryroot dot com slash f col. Don't forget to use our links so they know we sent you.
Speaker 2: Bim.
Speaker 3: So, Kaitlin, you just went on a vacation with your kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got No, we did not bring the kids, Oh no, left the kids at home with the grandparents. Just me and Amy got a hotel room on the beach in Carl's Bad and had a lovely time there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh sweet, what's going on with you guys? Are you guys planning a wedding?
Speaker 4: We haven't got your game. We kind of like look for spots, but you know, we still don't really have the money for it. We're still not really exactly sure we want it on a beach somewhere, but no, we haven't really done a lot of planning.
Speaker 2: Now, what about like time a year, do you have any thoughts?
Speaker 4: No, No, it doesn't matter. I mean, you know, I wouldn't want it like either really hot or really cold on the beach somewhere. You know, you can get all cold and windy and I don't want that. But yeah, I guess a spring would probably be preferable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's nice Carl's Bad. I used to go there when I was a kid. We used to go for camping and stuff. My friends would go camping, but not my family, right. Yeah, that's it's nice down there, very nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, my family used to go camping and I hated it, really didn't like it. No, because well, no, I don't really remember. I would tell you about how because the road trip part I would just be bored and get carsick, and like my little brother and sister really annoyed me, you know, and just having so much work involved, and like packing up all the coolers. I still remember the taste of like food that came out of a cooler that had been frozen, but then kind of thought and like just not a good and the taste of like canteen water, and just like it just was like, why don't we just stay home.
Speaker 1: I could read a book, I could sleep out in the backyard. And now our the high school, I think it was more And when we were in junior high, the school that I went to, the Magnet School, would always at the end of the year go like camping, have a camping trip, and I used to look forward to it because I'd be well, go away from my family and just be able to go hang out with my friends for a few days with the school and.
Speaker 2: Loved it, loved it. But I never went on one vacation with my family.
Speaker 1: Not well, once when I was like seven, they took me to Cleave one to visit my relatives.
Speaker 2: Other than that, never really never went on a vacation ever.
Speaker 3: No wow. Yeah, And just as far as traveling, just the one trip to Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Just the one trip to Cleveland, I was the first time I got on a plane after that. At that point was when I was like in my early twenties working at an entertainment company. When I went for Nappi convention in Miami, that was like this first time as an adult being on an airplane.
Speaker 2: I used to be so scared to fly too.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I was terrified of flying for a long time.
Speaker 3: But so did you feel, because I know I did when you were growing up, like seeing all these kids going like on ski weekends and stuff, or Hawaii. It's a big thing to take your kids to Hawaii. Yeah, I was always like, wow, I'll never never poor.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So on my street every Fourth of July weekend or when Fourth of July came around, there was my next door neighbor. Ray had a big camper that my mom hated and planted palm trees to try and hide it. So they had a camper. They had three kids. Then the people across the street, they were good friends with them. They had two kids, so I was friends with both family. I hated Fourth of July because every year would come around, they invite me to go with them, and I wasn't allowed to go, and they all left town and they were all gone, and they would be camping together, and I was so upset and miserable, Like what I remember crying going why can't I just go with them?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Like my parents were weirdly overprotective at some times, and it's like, can't let me go camping with the next door neighbors both of them?
Speaker 2: What the fuck? And then why not?
Speaker 1: You guys don't even take me on vacation? How might let the neighbors take me?
Speaker 3: And would the neighbors ever say, like, who will ask your parents?
Speaker 1: They thought my mom was crazy, so they got it. They were like, Okay, we don't need any interaction with Helen Paradise.
Speaker 2: We're cool. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wasn't ever every year was I hated it because all my friends were gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, but I needed today. It's my birthday today, Yeah, today's your birthday.
Speaker 2: I forgot.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Whatter you thought about it when I was thinking about fourth of July? Bitch you buried?
Speaker 3: What are you doing for your birthday?
Speaker 2: Oh? I?
Speaker 1: Uh, Suzanne is coming over and then like around three, because she wants to see the kids, Anthony's.
Speaker 2: Kids, because she used.
Speaker 1: To babysit Anthony with me and Anthony was her favorite, like I would take Nicholas or Megan. She always bonded with Anthony. In fact, Anthony and Sam his wife, lived with Suzanne when they first were married and get like living out here in California. They shared a how Suzanne, so she's pretty close with them, and she's never met their their son. She met the daughter like when she was two, but she's never she hasn't seen the daughters now six and Wesley's like three. So she's coming over and we're just.
Speaker 2: Gonna hang out.
Speaker 1: Like Anthony kept going, let's go to dinner for your birthday, and I'm like, I don't want to go sit in a restaurant, Like, let's just hang out at my house, Suzanne. And by the way, Suzanne only has tonight because she's taking Gracie on Tuesday to New York to drop her off.
Speaker 3: Where's she going to school?
Speaker 2: I think Pace is the name.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, this is just a coincidence. Yeah, so you know my friend who has a gracy, right, my Suzanne who has a Gracie, whose kit is just is at NYU, just moved her kid into NYU.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: So they must be the same age. Yeah, because her daughter, well, her daughter was always one year younger than my daughter than.
Speaker 2: Elbie Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 3: She'd be like one year older than No, but I guess the same as your kids, because it was a year and a half. Yeah, because your kids are only one My kids are about when one grade level behind elbe yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, because they just graduated and Elver graduated last year. Right, yeah, so they're the same age as my Gracie, isn't that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And I remember Suzanne was giving birth to Gracie and I was like trying very hard not to throw up because I had like morning sickness.
Speaker 2: Oh with my kids.
Speaker 1: Right, so my kids came nine months later after Gracie, Okay, nine months older. So yeah, they're dropping her off in New York. Of course, Suzanne like that's her one and only child all the way across the country. But but she has family out there that in the city where she'll be able to see a lot that she's close with, so that's good. But anyway, yeah, Suzanne's coming over later, we're just gonna hang.
Speaker 3: Out, so just her and not Jodie.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: You know Suzanne, like I said, she grew up with my nieces and nephews right right. It's you know, Anthony was even telling me, He's like, we were watching old videos at my dad's and we would see you at the birthday parties. You and Auntie Suzanne in a corner too cool for school, both hungover, like we could see in the video like there there's Auntielyn and Auntie Suzanne hungover on it. Because there I was like twenty one when Wendy was throwing these big birthday parties at her house in Canyon Country, and Suzanna and I would go all the time, just being around a bunch of little kids at age twenty one, right yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I'm excited for Oh my god, do you know what I you know what I remembered the other day. So my sister in law, so my brother and sister's kids are so they're their oldest kid is three years younger than the twins, so there's a pretty a big so. So their son is turning fourteen at the August thirty first, So like in a few days he'll be fourteen and then their daughter is ten. But when their son, I was kind of in the thick of it with my kids when their kid was a little, when their son was like a little kid, but not in the age range. They weren't old enough to be like the big the really older cousins. But do you remember that time that they had a birthday party? So it just was a little bit off for hanging out right, right, So I didn't see them quite as much when their kids were little and they had moved to like Valencia, But anyway, they do you remember when they did a party at like Scooter's Jungle And I totally forgot about it, and it was a big deal. My sister in law was so mad. Well, I was just kind of scattered, And I remember that she would always have these It just reminded me because she would have had these big, elaborate birthdays every year and always invite us, And this one year it was like the birth I think I thought it was at a different time. I don't remember it was. I spaced on the time. Okay, here's what it was. By the time I remembered that the party was happening, it was. It was basically like almost over or like I thought it was at let's just say two, but it really was at eleven. So then I realized at like one o'clock, and I remember calling. She was like oh. She must have been like where are you? And then I was like wait, I thought it's it, and then she was like, no, it's almost over. And then I was like, oh my god, I think she's still a little bit mad. To this day. I thought that it might have happened more than once, like it was. You know, I'm bad with that.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: Remember we used to talk about it back in the day, like they would be invited to a birthday party at you know, I don't know, jungle gym somewhere, and I would go and show up and there's nobody there and they're like, oh, that parties tomorrow, and I was like and then Stunny and Italia are like wait what, no party right, And then I'd have to take them to the park or something.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, go get ice cream.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's our punishment.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh, it happened a couple times for me too. Not like those.
Speaker 3: Indoor play places. There's one that was near us called the play Source in the valley, and it happened to me at least two or maybe three times where I brought them there on the wrong day, so there's no party, got the gift, you know, and now you're already at play source. The kids are young, they're all jack up to go to a party. So then you have to pay. You're like, well, it was going to be free because it was someone else's birthday and they were going to get free snacks and pizza and some cake. Now I got to pay twelve dollars for them to go plan some shitty you know in the habit trail thing, get stuck up. There no other parents to be watching looking after the kids, you know, And I'm like, oh, now I got to pay, and then still come back and then it's the next day.
Speaker 2: Or the worst was. I get there and they go, oh that party was yesterday. Oh that's the only thing. Yeah. Yeah, Then they got to go to school, and the kids like where were you two?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Then you got to still give them the present because you bought it already. Yeah, unless you lucked out and you didn't buy it until you just planned to buy it, But either way, you had already bought something. Because now you're at the party.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I know.
Speaker 1: And then it's like this should walk of shame, you know, like you'd see the parents.
Speaker 2: Where were you on Saturday?
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was there on Sunday though. It's just someone What happened to you? Kaylan? Probably not no, not that one.
Speaker 3: No, not Kaylin. I know he doesn't get it, don't.
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: What's hard to buying gifts when the kids are young for other people's kids, right, there should be some kind of a thing they really should have, like a registry, but for like kid's birthday parties, because it would just make it easier and have like cheap stuff. But like you know what I mean, because I'm not going to get your kid like you know, the Barbie's Dream House. Yes, but like say, like, hey, this is a party for seven year old they're really into like Barbie. Can't go wrong if you get them some Barbie or you know, my generation doll or whatever. They like dolls, they like Barbie or whatever. They like hot wheels they like. Give me a hint, yes, because they're too young for gift cards, right, because kids at a certain age don't care about cash or gift cards. They get to a certain age and that's all they want. Yeah, right, and they like when they got to a certain age, oh my god, give them some.
Speaker 2: Birthdays were so much easier. Yeah, even like.
Speaker 3: By I would say sixth grade, a twenty dollars bill goes at they're happy to get that, right, But any darker than that Starbucks, Like they're happy to have their own money. Yeah, but any younger than that, they don't care. They're like, where's my toy? You know. And it's so easy to disappoint, you know, or to just not to get or when your kids would have a birthday and then they get a bunch of crap that's like not they're not really interested in. Then you just got to regift it.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I would do.
Speaker 1: I would have you know, they would get these gifts and stuff and it's like it was either too old for them to use yet they're still young, or I was like, oh, they're never going to play with this, So I would put them in the garage and then I would have it backup right yeah right, and then wrap it in toilet paper and.
Speaker 3: You know, and it put it in the Trader Joe's bag. Happy birthday, peop No but I uh, I always love the moms that would, even a little bit too young, give you like the Amazon gift card or a Starbucks card. I'd be like, genius, thank you, like they get it, you know. Even though some people felt like, oh, it's just so impersonal to give a gift card. I was always like, hell no, a Michael's gift card, thank you?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I loved Michaels. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was good with that. I think that that's the target.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what is also great Quints Quints.
Speaker 1: We love Quints, and you know, sweater weather is upon us, and there's no better place you're gonna get a good deal other than Quince for nice Kashmir sweater. They start from fifty bucks. And what we love about Quins is they come in all different colors to choose from, which is great, and all different types of styles of Kashmir.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you're looking for like the lounge wear, the performance shorts for the gym or whatever, Quins is still the place to go. Doesn't matter that it's winter, they still have them.
Speaker 4: This is their performance shirt that I'm wearing right now.
Speaker 3: I love it. Yeah, wear it. All the time. I love her.
Speaker 1: I have I have their jogger pants which I love. I have the wrap dress. They also have jewelry and things for the house as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the.
Speaker 1: Nice thing is that they partner directly with top factories, which let's uh, Quince cuts out the cost of the middleman and passes the savings onto us, so making switching seasons a breeze with Quince's high quality closet essentials. Go to quins dot com slash f c o L for free shipping on your order and three hundred and sixty five day returns. That's q U I n ce dot com slash f c o L to get free shipping and three hundred and sixty five day returns. That's quins dot com slash f co ol M.
Speaker 3: So, I just wanted to give you a little update on my involvement at my kids' school. Yes, trying, It's so hard, I don't I am. I can be such a people pleaser, you know. And remember I usually I usually save this for Patreon, but I'm going to try to keep this as general as possible as some of you who listen to Patreon may know. I am the co chair of our kids of the fundraising committee. I warn them that I'm not good at this. Like I said, listen, I'm better. I like, I have some leadership ability, but when it comes to stuff like this, a lot of it feels over my head and I get upset by all the emails and all the things that I feel like, oh am I supposed to answer this. I have no idea what they're talking about, you know, chatter up and all these websites that they're going to use to do the fundraising. I'm like, just tell me what to do and I'll do it, okay. But somehow I tried to quit, remember, and I got like pulled back in. They're like no, no, no, no, no, we really need you. So they brought me back in and I was like, okay, but I'm not that good at this. So here's what it is. I get emailed all the time, and I every single time, I'm like, do I have to answer that? Like some days there's like twenty emails in a day, and I'm like, I don't. I don't know what's expected of me. I don't know if they're getting irritated that I don't answer. But a lot of this stuff is like so I thought that the one thing that I would be good at is I'm like, well, I will be the way. I will reach out to a lot of businesses and ask for like stuff for donations for we're having this big fundraiser in October. And I was like, I'm good at that. I get I think I have connections and I can I can get some stuff right. Oh my god, it's so hard. I went I spent like two hours looking up businesses. Well I was trying. I was like, you know what be really easy to get, I think is like some passes to the comedy store, the improv. So I went on like the website and I'm like, here's a general information email. I email them, Hey, like, my kids are having this thing. It's a really great school. Blah blah blah. Can I get some tickets? You know, nothing crickets. Then I was like, here's an easy one. My kid's been doing the groundlings for years, Like, how about some passes for the groundlings? You know, great nothing crickets can't get home, you know. Oh, in fact, the groundlings when I called them and they were like, oh yeah, we sometimes do that. Here's the email to send. Here's the email address, sent it specifically to the guy crafted it thought about it. I tried to get tickets to I Fly, which is like that skydiving thing at the Universal I went to. I'm when I tell you that I probably sent out like fifteen emails to people no response.
Speaker 1: I feel like, whoever it doesn't surprise me because when you send these emails, it seems to me that probably on the other end is nobody or somebody that's not really enthusiastic about if their job is checking emails to, you know, facilitate getting tickets to whatever it is.
Speaker 2: I bet that they're not their have I don't know.
Speaker 1: They seems to me it's just kind of they'll read it and then just sit on it for a while, and I'll get back to it and then never get back to it.
Speaker 2: It just doesn't seem like people.
Speaker 1: For some reason. I just feel like whoever's on the other end is not doing you know.
Speaker 3: I guess I just thought it would be easy, because you know, when you go to other kids, when you go to school functions, there's always these awesome items that they have, and I'm always thinking, like, where do they get them? Well, obviously they're giving tickets to things I emailed like the Pantagious. I was like, would be so cool to auction off like a couple of tickets to like the Pantagious.
Speaker 2: Ye, that would be great.
Speaker 3: It would be great if one person would it back to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I also think maybe it would might be easier to get if you actually talk to somebody on the phone rather than just to send an email to Nowhere'sville, you know, right.
Speaker 3: I feel like, well I tried that. That's what I try.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, for instance, I called Burke Williams. I was like, oh, that seems like something I've seen a lot of on a lot of auctions. You know, I called Burke Williams. I talked to somebody. They're like, oh, that's the corporate office, but you have to you have to email. They don't have a person that answers the phone for like the main like just the because I call the specific Burke Williams and they're like, oh, we don't do that. That has to come from corporate and you got to email. So and that happened quite a few times. Or like calling the comedy store. A lot of these places nobody answers the phone anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: That you get a phone tree and they go leave a message, and then if you just choose a message, they'll go, this voice box is full or what. So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's a tough job. Yeah you would think.
Speaker 3: I thought i'd be so good at it. Yeah, turns out you're.
Speaker 2: Good at it. It's just there. It's not your fault that on the other end there's nobody there.
Speaker 3: But how are these people getting these items?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: To me, maybe especially in this town, they probably have a friend there or something, right, you know, a connection.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, Okay, So I wanted to get tickets to the Magic Castle. So I was like, that shouldn't be hard. I have a like, I have good friends who are literal magicians who work at the Magic Castle. So I hit up my friend who's been a magician there for twenty years. He was like, I can't help you. He's like, they're super cheap about it, and he goes, and even if I got you, like a guest pass to go, you're still gonna have to they make you buy dinner, You're gonna have to pay for parking, Like they don't do any kind of like VIP. But I feel like I've seen that. I feel like I've seen people get it and he's like maybe, but you'd have to ask like the owner, right, and I can't do I can't get you get it for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about like local yogurt shops.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, I could do that stuff.
Speaker 3: But like I thought i'd be the hero, right coming in with like the big they like, oh, I got you backstage passes to something like I thought, like, I'll just ask for that people I know people, No, not so much. I don't really know that many people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, too bad.
Speaker 1: Like the good old days at ABC, they gave tickets to Disneyland like twice a year. You know, you would get like two four tickets twice a year or two tickets depends on how many people are in your family kind of thing. And those were nice because then I could I would donate those to people like my friends that were doing what you were doing. But now they've changed it and even like Suzanne is helping Anthony get to Disneyland, you still have to like they have to pay. They get a little discount. But you know, those were the days, but it is that is a tough That is a tough job.
Speaker 3: I mean, our friend Nikki who listens to our show who I Love. She owns the restaurant Truckston's, which is in Santa Monica. There's there. It's way on the west side Torrance. And she gave me a thousand dollars in gift cards for that restaurant.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 3: So that's really nice. I mean, I don't don't get me wrong, I have gotten some stuff, but I just thought for what they want me to be doing, I just thought it would be I thought I it would be easier. And now I'm just getting all these emails and I'm just like, I that's I'm over my head. You guys, hant you guys, I think you should do this without me, Like I don't need to be c seed on all these emails.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what they're doing.
Speaker 3: But I'm being c seed on every email and I feel very overwhelmed and like suffolk, like I want to just go like, hey, can can I not be on this committee? But I feel like I already tried, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what I think You're doing a good job, Stephanie.
Speaker 1: I really do, but I'm not. That's the thing, just the fact that you're doing it that I'm.
Speaker 3: Trying, but there's another woman who's helping, who's like on the committee. She went out and came back. I guess she went on foot, like just hoofing it around town. But she was like, I got I got fifty dollars to this restaurant. I got fifty dollars to that restaurant. I'm like, you, I got one hundred dollars to costco I got. I'm like, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know she go in there to these in person. I don't know what she did, but that might be a bridge to five to go into all these Yeah. I'm more like I asked a friend of mine who is a parent at the school who has a jewelry business, which is really cool.
Speaker 3: Uh. I was like, hey, do you think you could donate like one of your necklaces. She's like sure, Like okay, that's where I'm at. Yeah, Hey, I got another parent at our school to donate an item for our auction.
Speaker 2: That's nice. Necklace is nice, that's great. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know these schools have big usually have like big ticket items.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're always like where they get them? How'd they get them? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, I got you a job, I got you a walk on part on a movie, you know what I mean. Like the good schools will be like, yeah, you're gonna get picked up by a limo and you're gonna be in a in a Tom Cruise movie. You're gonna get one line on the movie, you know what I mean. And it's like, how the fuck did they get that? But it's like Buckley the big private school, and you're like, yeah, because.
Speaker 2: The dad is a producer.
Speaker 3: Dad's a producer on the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, our school's free.
Speaker 3: Nobody is. Nobody's got shit to like. I don't know, Yeah, we'll see. But I'm just like, well, that's good. At least you have stuff to talk about. No good deed goes unpunished, though, exactly like volunteer and yeah, but you guys will be happy to know. I'm off the breakfast committee.
Speaker 2: Thank god. Are they still doing the breakfast No?
Speaker 3: No, no, because without me on that freaking wall, like no, who else nobody's gonna do it? They were like, no, we can't. I was like, I'm not doing it. It was a huge headache for me every month, and it's thinkless, so like somebody else can do it. So they were like, you know what, We'll just not do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good idea, good plan, good plan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, great. Well, speaking of great sponsors though, we've got our some of our Patreon people like Marin from Sugar Skull. It's a bakery and gift shop and they do wedding cakes and they have a shop on Kawhi so you can check them out follow their Instagram page at sugar Skull eight oh eight. But you know what, before we do the rest of these, we didn't. We haven't said hi to our fun peeps like Aaron Dirty Sanchez and Sarah Stefano she's our Paisano and Planned Parenthood for Stephanie Stinker Rinker and Leslie's still coughing our other Leslie is just kicking it coast to coast like a radio station. And Alicia Escalante Yes from the City of Elmont, and Kelly Brant will take you to Planned Parenthood because Stephanie Stinker Rinker is supporting it. Isshon vashpe nice to look at and miss you and Gabby up to no good as always. Katerina, guess what. My dentist appointment got canceled, so I'm not having my molar crown today.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe she can take that appointment.
Speaker 3: She could probably take that appointment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get on it.
Speaker 3: Caine, Valerie, Bubba Fenwick is hitting it out of the park.
Speaker 2: Polly.
Speaker 3: We love your pancakes, Athena. We love your dancing. Elizabeth Williamson, We love most of your kids. Rita likes to rock the one that's the odd one out, the runt of the litter in her Basinette. Let's so we did that one, Nikki, call your girl Aaron, who does Katie's rolling on? E? Kelly Ladida Ashley so she Dick is frolicking. Jennifer get up, Sandra s nighte'sy being green and Christa get the strap. Also Kelly Willmanfrida. If you're in Palm Springs or Palm Desert, go get you some salmon me so good. Great restaurant. Becky, just basic. Becky will get you a T shirt or a mouse pad or a coffee mug. She does. She has awesome stuff. Also, Adam Lerner can get you a car. If you can, you can call him, or you can go to Adams Got a Car dot Com. Tell him f col sent you.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: Take the hassle out of figuring out a car deal for yourself. Also, if you're out of California, he can still help you and you can even call. You can even go to Adam's got a car and just go like, hey, is this the right thing for me? Like this is what I want to do? Can you help me? He's super easy to talk to and he he'll just like help you for free.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also Mike Gristein Mike Girstine.
Speaker 1: If you have any plumbing issues, you can go to plumbing Phoenix Plumbingsolutions dot com. All his information's right there. You can text him, you can call him. He will help you over the phone, you can FaceTime him. He's helped a lot of our listeners and he's very accessible. He'll get right back to you. So Phoenix Plumbing Solutions dot com.
Speaker 3: And also Ferncandle dot com. That's our friend Kelsey. She runs the business out of her home. She makes delicious smelling candles. They're made from soy, they're better for the environment. Go to ferncandle dot com or Instagram at Ferncandle. And just before we go, I want to plug my own business. I'm doing coaching right now as well as my classes, which I'm starting to register again, but I'm offering coaching services. I do a seventy five dollars intro. If you want to just get on zoom with me for a half hour. I'll help you figure out, like what kinds of coaching you need, whether your book idea is a good idea, give you like accountability. We can set some goals for you. You can, yeah, I'll help you figure out like what idea to work on. And then also I do like hour at a time and mini packages of coaching. You can go to my website Stephanie Wilder tailor dot com slash coaching and see more about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah awesome, Yeah, try to expand.
Speaker 3: The thing that I love to do more. It all right, Thanks Kaylin, Thanks everybody, your parent.
Speaker 2: Now it's
Speaker 3: Letting