Speaker 1: It's nice. I'm doing you Mazy Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, I have a newsflash for William. One week from right now, Donald Trump will be the President of the United States. Yeah, one week from right now, Donald Trump will be at his inaugural ball. Joe Biden will be a former president, probably at home in Delaware. I have no idea what his plans are. By the way, we will be carrying Joe Biden's speech to the nation on Wednesday night at eight o'clock here on Nightside, and we, of course will have an opportunity or you'll have an opportunity to comment on what he said and how he said it after we listened to the speech. But the second administration, the forty seventh who was also the forty fifth President of the United States, will be the president of the United States one week from right now. So I thought that it might be a fun exercise tonight at eleven o'clock to look forward a week and I'm going to ask you pretty simple question. Sometimes the simplest questions get the best response. And the question is in advance of the Trump presidency, which again we are now week from right now. Think back to last Monday. That's how that's how quick it's going to happen. The inaugural inauguration happens at noontime, and the executive order, the signing of a flood of executive orders, will happen sometime in the afternoon after the President reviews the inaugural parade or a porsche of the inaugural parade, and then there'll be the inaugural balls throughout the city. But that will be taking place right now, a week from right now. So my question is real simple, are you optimistic or are you pessimistic?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I suspect that most Trump supporters will be optimistic, and maybe some Harris voters will also be optimistic. I think that everybody, everyone should hope for the success of President Trump, just as I hope everyone hoped for the I suspect that at least when the administration started in January January twentieth of twenty twenty one, everyone would have supported or hoped for the success of Joe Biden because obviously a president than President Biden, because obviously as a country, we do well as a country or we do poorly as a country. Now there will be some Porsches of the country which will do better either by you know, occupation industry or whatever. But overall, I can't imagine that anybody in their right mind beginning next Monday are going to say that they hope that Donald Trump fails the country, because if he fails the country, then he fails all of us, the residents of the country, the citizens of the country. So I'm just going to open it up, give you an opportunity, give me a call. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six, seven, nine, three, ten thirty. My name is Dan Ray. We we also have you missed any of our programming tonight or any night, you can always go to Nightside on demand dot com anytime during the day and you can listen to the playback and podcast form of each and every hour. Of course, each and every hour in playback form is only about forty two minutes because they eliminate the the ads that are played during the show. There are some ads you have to listen to during the during the podcast. They sneak in the an ad here, in an ad there. But that's what makes the world go round. So whether you're a Trump supporter or a Harris supporter, or a supporter of a third party candidate, I'd love to know, are you optimistic or are you pessimistic? The Biden administration is in its final hours. It's final one hundred and well, it's less than one hundred and sixty eight hours, because there's one hundred and sixty eight hours in the week, and President Biden leaves office technically at noontime next Monday, so a week from tonight, Donald Trump's president. Are you optimistic or are you PESSI mystic and I'd love to know why. Simple question. And I'm hoping that this transition, which seems to have gone pretty smoothly, I hope it goes as smoothly next Monday morning as it has gone so far. President and Missus Trump will be greeted at the White House by President and Missus Biden. I don't think there's any doubt about that. I assume that the Bidens will take the ride with the Trumps up Pennsylvania Avenue to the Swearing Inn, and of course then Donald Trump delivers as inaugural a dress. And I don't know if Joe Biden will simply get him into the Capitol and then he will leave the Capitol head home to Delaware. I did watch I was in Washington for the inauguration of Jimmy Carter, and I was on the back side of the Capitol when Gerald Ford, then a former president, after the Carter address. I don't think Ford stuck around for it. I could be wrong, but I remember Ford just walked out and there was not great you know, applause. I mean it was, it was kind of a relatively quiet moment, and he left the capitol. Gerald fordickust have been a creature of the Capitol. So six one, seven, two, five thirty six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. Are you optimistic? Are you pessimistic? Let me go to Joe and Belmont. Joe, you're gonna start us off this hour. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
Speaker 4: Joe Dean time man. If he can't do it, no one can. Dan. I'm You're welcome. I'm optimistic, But I'm worried about one thing, Dan Uh. President Trump said, if Hamas doesn't return the hostages, it's gonna be.
Speaker 5: All held to be repay, to pay.
Speaker 2: And I think I think, yeah, he said, all hell will break loose.
Speaker 4: I think a greater war in the Middle East will turn out. And I'm worried.
Speaker 5: How about you I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not. As a matter of fact, I think ironically that there's a an intensive effort to secure some peace talks or a ceasefire between Hamas and Israel. And I think President Biden and his advisors would like to see that ceasefire take place before noontime next Monday. And and I think that Donald Trump pretty wisely said to Hamas, Hey, you know, let's get released the hostages now. I don't know if it's all going to happen or not, but my suspicion is that maybe circumstances will work in favor of the release of the hostages. Apparently there's they've found several of the hostages in recent days who are who have died or been killed. So I don't know that they were speculating there might be one hundred hostages to be released. I don't think there's one hundred hostages left alive. I also, Joe would say to remember when Jimmy Carter left the White House, Iran released the American hostages. They didn't want to deal with Ronald Reagan. And it could be that that a mass doesn't want to deal with Donald Trump. We'll see. I hope they do. The right thing, and I hope that that there's some whether Joe Biden gets credit for it to Donald Trump gets credit for it. I hope those poor people get released them and been held hostage way too long.
Speaker 5: So can we trust a moss to keep a treaty or peace or whatever it is?
Speaker 2: Well, I think I think. I think if they're going to release the hostages, I'll trust him for a while. I mean, that's that's the goal, get the hostages out of there. Uh. Now, if they don't release them and Donald Trump becomes president, I think that Trump will do something. Trump has sort of kind of drawn a line in the sand and said either release them or you're gonna have to pay. We'll see what back got you. Joe, Thank you much, appreciate your call. Great good good issues you raised. Thanks good night. That was a good thought by Joe. Yeah. I mean I think Donald Trump has uh he's issued the the threat. It's it's clearly a threat, the ultimatum, drawn the line in the sand. I'm not talking about that specifically, but I'm glad that Joe mentioned it. I'm talking more specifically about are you optimistic or are you pessimist? Six two ten thirty six, one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. Love to hear from you. Be back right after the break.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Night six Studios on w b Z News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, back to the phone to go. I got some open lines, ladies and gentlemen. I want to know if you are optimistic or pessimistic? Uh again, a week from tonight, Donald Trump will be president of the United States for a second time. Let's go to Courtney in Midfield. Hey, Courtney, welcome back. How are you?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Hello there?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 7: Very optimistic?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know I had a lot more Bunny in my pocket when he was president and feel to burn now was fighted in office.
Speaker 2: It's not a good feeling, that's for sure. Yeah, No, it's not.
Speaker 7: It's not.
Speaker 2: I'm tired now as you look back, did you feel four years ago that Donald Trump, after the January sixth debacle, had a chance to regain the White House? Because I sure didn't.
Speaker 8: I wasn't.
Speaker 7: No, I was not convinced of that.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was beyond the realm of possibility. But I'll tell you, the American public has changed, and we saw it in November. I think we've seen it in Massachusetts in some ways, I am. I want to be optimistic. I always want to be optimistic when a new president comes in.
Speaker 7: I think you want to be optimistic.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 2: And I'm hoping to hear from some people tonight, maybe who didn't vote for Donald Trump, but still are optimistic and hope that he's successful. I guess there's two things you you well, I guess if you're optimistic, you should hope for the success of the country.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, absolutely. I was born in the Midwest, so I have Midwestern values living on the East coast, which makes me an.
Speaker 2: Oddity whereabouts in the Midwest.
Speaker 7: Minneapolis, Minnesota, all right.
Speaker 2: Well, Minneapolis is a filly, progressive town. Not It's Midwest, no doubt geographically, but I think politically it's it's closer to a coastal political community politically, if you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 7: Absolutely. It's been tough though. I had to keep my choice close to the vest, just because I didn't want to lose friends and didn't want to create you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one That's one of the things about the Trump years or the transition. I just feel that the politics has been so bitter. Oh, very and I hope we never go through this again. I mean I really don't because it was, you know, family against all that stuff. I tried to joke about it, and people wouldn't you know when when the Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump thing, and I was saying in twenty sixteen and seventeen, you know where your Trump buttons, where your Hillary hats? But it became blood sports.
Speaker 3: Ruly.
Speaker 7: Well, I wasn't necessarily pro Trump, but I was definitely anti by an anti Harris. I was ready for change, ready for a new direction.
Speaker 2: A lot of people, a lot of people were, and it's been exhausting. It was really interesting. Did you watch the funeral at Jimmy Carter funeral the other day?
Speaker 7: I saw parts, Yes, Well, the thing.
Speaker 2: That I thought was most thought was most interesting was the relaxed conversation that pres. Former President Obama and President Trump, yeah, seemed to enjoy.
Speaker 7: Yes, Well that was that brings some hope.
Speaker 2: Well, meanwhile, meanwhile, you know, Vice President Harris sat there, She sat next to Joe Biden. I don't think they ever looked at each other.
Speaker 7: Oh that's very interesting.
Speaker 2: And and Joe Biden went back and sent a load of Bill Clinton, but he didn't go down and say hello to President Obama and George Bush. I guess it refused to shake hands with Donald Trump. I mean it was like, come on, people.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, what a shame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's what I that's what I understand. And I saw a lot of them with my own eyes. I didn't see the refusal or whether or not. And I guess Pence and his wife didn't look at Trump and Millenia. It was interesting. I mean, the only person that Donald Trump seemed to react interact with, and he seemed to be very much at ease was Obama.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Oh, very high school.
Speaker 2: Oh god, absolutely, But isn't that what politics is kind of all about.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I'm very optimistic, I'm very hopeful, and I wish the best for our country.
Speaker 2: How did you get back? How'd you get all the way from Minneapolis?
Speaker 5: I mean moved to.
Speaker 7: Sherburn I think I've told you. I know the Pilakeys, I know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 7: My father got a job in the middle of my high school years, so I moved out to the Dover Sherbert district and never left.
Speaker 2: Well, welcome, welcome. Sometime when I'm in midfield, though, I'll perhaps bump into you, be sure to say hello.
Speaker 7: Okay, very good thank you.
Speaker 2: Dan, thanks Court, and appreciate your call.
Speaker 9: Right goodness.
Speaker 2: I like that. Look, I got wide open lines here, and I know it's Monday night. I know that it's uh, it's a cold night out there. But if you're listening, feel free to join this conversation. This will happen. This has happened to me before, where all of a sudden the last five minutes, everybody wants to get last words. Simple question, real, simple question, and it's a timed question. I do this often on Night Side. A week from tonight, Joe Biden will be former president. Biden only be former president for about twelve eleven hours or so. Donald Trump will be the president of the United States. It's going to hit us, you know, next weekend. It'll all the stories are going to be about the change of administration. It happens. That's what happens. We had an election. Elections have consequences, as President Obama once famously said, And so the simple question I'm asking you tonight is irrespective of whom you voted for, whether you voted for Donald Trump, whether you voted for Vice President Harris or whether you've decided to sit it out. And there's some polls which are suggesting that a lot of people sat this one out, or a lot of Democrats sat it out. I just would love to know from you. Are you optimistic capessimistic? I'm very optimistic. I'm optimistic. I think that Trump has handled himself extremely well during the transition. He had his meeting with Joe Biden at the White House. President Biden was gracious and invited him, and they didn't have a big conversation in front of cameras, but that was done next Monday. I'm sure that at ten o'clock or so, President Trump will roll up to the White House accompanied by his wife. They will step out of the limousine and they will go in and they will have coffee or tea or whatever they have with the soon to be former president and his wife. I suspect their interactions are going to be warmer than the interactions between Vice President Harris and the First Gentleman and President and doctor Biden. I watched that now again I realize it's a funeral for Jimmy Carter, and no one's going to be out there backslapping. But it was it was uncomfortable to watch, and the only people who acted normally, in my opinion, were Donald Trump and Barack Obama. They you know, how often do two presidents get a chance to talk? Now, again, they had to wait. Everyone has to wait at a funeral. Everybody knows that. But they seemed to genuinely seem to enjoy one another. They they smiled, they nodded, they listened. It looked like these guys were friends. Hey, they're part of They're a member of an exclusive club. They both can say now they can say something that Joe Biden con that they both had been elected president. I mean a stage twice. So I want to know, are you optimistic or are you pessimistic? I hope you're optimistic, But if you are not, and you'd like to tell me why, you're welcome. That's what this program is intended to do, to give you an opportunity to express yourself. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. Those are the numbers you can dial if you like, and you can join this conversation. People all across the country will hear you. And if you're listening anywhere across the country and want to join us. You're welcome too. This is WBZ in Boston, big radio station out of Boston, heard in half the US. Feel free to join our conversation. We like to call this, and we haven't called it in a while, but it's North America's back porch. It's like a back porch in a neighborhood. You step up, just as Courtney did. You say what you want to say, and then someone else comes up and reacts to what you had to say. Simple as that. Back on Night's Side, right after this, we got a news break at the bottom of the hour, and we got room for well. The only lines that are open right now are A six one, seven, nine, three one ten thirty. So don't dial two five, four to ten thirty. Try six, one, seven in nine and we'll get you on. I promise. Coming back on Nightside, It's Night Side with.
Speaker 1: Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Go back to the phones we go. We get Dave don in San Antonio, Texas. Dave, you are next on Nightside. Welcome. Let's put Dave on hold. If he's not ready, we're gonna go to Tim and Michigan. You next on nightside.
Speaker 9: Hi, Tim, Okay.
Speaker 2: Let's put let's put Tim on hold. Fair enough, We'll move to Steven Attleboro, Steve third, third time, Sure, go right ahead, Steve.
Speaker 8: Great to hear from you. Happy New Year to you.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year to you as well.
Speaker 8: Thank you. Hey, looks to share some of my experiences. I'm extremely optimistic about what's to come in this country. But allow me to share with you my reasons for taking a sideline when it came to the actual election time. And it's not because I was disappointed with Trump or disappointed with Biden, but I to be honest with you, I was afraid. And why I was afraid was because the direction this country was going it and a lot of people may or may not share the same concerns and fears that I had. Was that if the things were heading in this country, where if you voted for the wrong party, because even though your vote is supposed to be confidential, they still get your address, you know who you are, your name, and if you vote for the wrong person, and let's say, hypothetically, and thank goodness he didn't, Joe Biden and his regime took over for another form years, I could be on some kind of a watch list or a black ball list.
Speaker 2: How do you let me ask, how do you figure? How do you figure that when you voted someone would know how you voted. I missed that part of the conversation I.
Speaker 8: Heard somewhere in this maybe tinfoil hat.
Speaker 6: Stuff, but.
Speaker 8: But you know, and and the thing is, you know, I've heard people, you know, who openly talk about, uh, their concerns about the Biden administration. And you know, I'm not going to mention any well, maybe like Max double what what.
Speaker 2: What I'm trying to What I'm trying to get at, Stephen, I'm being honest with you here is that if if you felt that concern and let us say, uh, I don't know you were, you know, put a Trump bumper strip on your car or something like that. I understand why you might say to me, G, my neighbors are going to know whatever. But I thought what you said was you were so you chose not to vote.
Speaker 8: Right, correct, because I was afraid because I've seen how certain things have become weaponized against people who they perceived to be a threats. And you know.
Speaker 2: That they were like nearly seventy seven million people that voted for Trump. I know, I know, and I just I just think that do you still have those fears or no?
Speaker 8: Well, you know, with the way things are in the country and how people have been targeted, and you know, damn, I got to tell you, honestly, I don't know how to think. I mean, I'm really the way the legal system and the justice system and the media and all kinds of other things for the past four plus years have been openly attacking people that the wrong way. I mean, I know it sounds.
Speaker 2: Crazy, well it does, it does. But but let me ask you that. Let me ask you the honest of God truth. I want you to give me a truth of answer. Has anything in the last four and a half years ever come up to you and threatened you or implied that that if you said something? Have you experienced anything that would justify I understand the fear, Okay, I have a fear of let's say, snakes, okay, And I don't want to be in the room with a snake hypothetically. But but I know that because I don't live in Arizona and I don't walk in the desert, I'm likely never going to run into a rattlesnake out here. You know, so I still fear snakes. But has anyone ever approached you, anyone ever tried to intimidate you? Or is this an imagination and you know, a fear that you have, but it's imaginary.
Speaker 8: Personally, No, to be honest with you in return, But people, other people I've seen that have openly expressed their support for Trump or you know, mentioned something that they consider negative about the I or the whole crazy gender thing or whatever. They've been black ball They've been threatened with their employments, and you know, it's just unfortunately that's the way it was, and now that's all about to change. And I'm extremely ecstatic about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, okay, fair enough. So I just feel that that My next question, and I don't think I have to ask this question, was did you ever seek any you know, any psychiatric help to because that's a horrible fear to live with, you know, as they say, I don't like snakes, to be really honest with you, Okay, I.
Speaker 8: Work in the correctional psychiatric division.
Speaker 2: So well then, all right, all right, steve yourself fine to me. So I share your optimism. Let's let's hope things work out for the best for everyone.
Speaker 8: Okay, stay amazing, Dan, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thanks Steve, appreciate your call. Okay, now we have the two callers, Rob, who had some sort of a problem. I hope we're not getting pranked here. Let me go to Tim and Michigan. Tim, welcome, how.
Speaker 9: Are you hey.
Speaker 3: I'm doing quite well.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 3: I would say that the incoming president Trump, I am. I'm cautiously optimistic. I have reservations if he's going to conduct him If he's going to conduct himself through to form, and Donald Trump seems to be compelled to conduct himself, it's going to once again, it's going to kind of degenerate. If he takes the advice of Teddy Roosevelt and speaks soft and carries a large stick and occupies in fact the bully pulpit, then things could progress. But I think that Donald Trump is possibly incapable of taking, you know, sage advice as was offered up by Well.
Speaker 2: I hope you're right. I hope you're right, and that would be I would share one of those reservations. I hope that he learned. Now again, you know, his a lot of mistakes in the first term. He did do some good things, but he certainly did not act presidential in a number of circumstances, and I hope that he surrounded himself with some advisors that will be supportive but also will be corrective, meaning who will say, wait a second, you know you don't want to do that that sort of thing. I mean, I I think that that he, for example, could easily send a group of representatives to Panama and say, look, we want to have an we want to have a negotiation with you on Panama. You know, we built this Panama Canal. We're not going to commit and take it by military force, but we want to have an agreement with you which supersedes the agreement with the use that was signed with President Carter. You know, there are there are maligned forces out there in the world, and I want to we want to make sure that the Panama Canal stays free and we you know, I mean, there's a way to approach that. I don't think he's going to buy or really seriously buy Greenland. But I got to tell you, if Denmark wanted to sell us Greenland and we wanted to take Greenland as some sort of a protected territory, we have are the terriori. That's not a bad thought of an idea. I mean, you know, I'm I would certainly rather have of us control a place like the Panama Canal or have more of a say in the Panama Canal.
Speaker 3: Both of those issues have legs and they need to be very definitely negotiated in attended to. Those are not the things that I have an issue with President Trump concerning I do somehow I get the feeling consistently that he seemed to not be capable of gathering up the thought that he was the president and he doesn't need to go into all the unnecessary historyonics that he seems to fall victim to. He self victimizes himself well, and I don't know why he is the president exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: I understand what you're saying. Your term of self victimization is powerful, But yeah, be the president, act like the president. Allow your minions to do whatever dirty work has to be done. I certainly hope that he is smart enough not to engage in in the equivalent of law fair and going after other people. I think it's going to be interesting to see what Joe Biden does in the next you know, the next seven days. Does Biden pardon other members of his family. There's a reason. Oh yeah, okay, so and.
Speaker 3: Again, fortunately I routinely found myself screaming at the TV.
Speaker 9: Done just be.
Speaker 3: The Darren President.
Speaker 2: I got it. I got it. Hey, Tim, I'm glad you got through. We missed you there initially. What was going on when we said hello to you five ten minutes ago. It's sounded like you had another I thought everything. Wanted to make sure everything was okay. It's not like someone was breaking into your house.
Speaker 3: It's the miracle of advanced electronic communication.
Speaker 2: All right, I understand exactly what you say. Thanks, Thanks Tim, We'll talk soon. Oka. You appreciate it. Back, great, good night, Okay, I got to take quick break. David san Antonio's back, Dallas in Ohio is back. I got room for a couple of people here. Six one, seven, nine, three, one ten thirty, six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. Let's finish strong here, Okay. I want to know you're optimistic or you're pessimistic. A week from tonight it's President Donald Trump once again. Right now, seven days from this very moment, he will be the president of the United States. God willing back on nightside after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Let me go to Dallas in Ohio. Dallas next on Nightside. Welcome Dallas.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how are you doing there, Dan? Happy New Year to you and your family.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year to you and yours as well, Dallas, Thanks for calling in.
Speaker 6: You appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Optimistic or pessimi stick as we approached the beginning of the Trump's second.
Speaker 6: Term, Well, actually, even though I didn't both for President Trump, I am at this point, I'm cautiously optimistic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I I tend to agree with you. I think that, uh, there's no reason to to root against him. Uh No, the election, the next election, he's not gonna He's never gonna stand for election again. The next election is four years away. Uh. And see how it's gonna be interesting to see how he decides to conduct himself. I mean, uh, he's been fairly I I enjoyed watching him and President Obama's chat the other day waiting for the for the funeral for former President Carter. Did you get a chance to look at watch them at all?
Speaker 6: And yes I did. I watched. I watched the whole service last Thursday. Yeah, I was surprised when I saw the inter reaction between President Obama and the President you know, Trump. It kind of surprised me, and I thought, well, maybe this is this would be a turning point. Perhaps I don't know.
Speaker 2: Turning point, but it certainly look everybody else there. Now again, I realized, it's a funeral, but it's also the funeral for someone who lived to one hundred. I mean, it's not someone dropped dead at thirty five. You could certainly, you know, take the time to uh, you know, be be solemn. But at the same time, I watched Bill and Hillary Clinton sat there. They looked ahead. President Biden and the first Lady never looked at it. Did you watch They never like even looked at the Harris Yeah, Trump, Trump and Obama looked like the kid at the kids at the back of the class who the teacher would have to say to now, quiet down in the back, boys, pay attention, okay.
Speaker 6: Right, right. But it was a relief to see that in a re answer, and I was kind of surprised.
Speaker 2: I was very pleased to see it. I was pleased to see it. I thought, look, if these two guys, who probably don't see the world the same way in any shape or form, can actually sit there and have a conversation and enjoy apparently some comments that each were making. I mean, one would listen and then smile. The other it was I wish everybody had a chance to see that. Maybe everybody did, and I something like that. I'm holding on to some hope here for Bell said, I'm glad that, and I'm glad you saw it the same way. Okay, Dan, how much snow did you guys get down there in Ohio?
Speaker 6: About in my area? We got about three and a half to four inches.
Speaker 2: That's not bad. You can handle that.
Speaker 6: No, not at all. But up up north in the snow belt area, you know, because of the Lake erie, the lake effect. Yeah, they got hit pretty hard, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, Dallas, keep keep in contact. I enjoy your calls. Thank you much. We can laugh like that.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's good, okay, Dan, good.
Speaker 2: Night, Dallas. Good night to you, sir. Let me go next Dave in San Antonio. We'll see now if Dave is ready. Davis called back, which we appreciate. Go ahead, Dave. Welcome.
Speaker 9: How you doing Dan?
Speaker 2: Good? I think optimistical? Pessimistic? You optimistic or pessimistic?
Speaker 9: Well, first, I hate to put a damper on your your interpretation of that conversation between Trump and Obama because Donald said he said it wasn't as friendly as your thought it was. Well, he says, I know it.
Speaker 2: Did you watch it? Did you happen to see it? Yeah, there's a few gags going around on uh, on the internet where they sort of, you know, kind of say that they're lip reading. I don't think anyone's lip reading. It looks pretty friendly to me, Dave. I'll tell you, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I know it to me too.
Speaker 9: But Donald said it to one of his one of his meetings. What friendly is your thought it was? He said, I don't looks friendly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but whatever, I'll still take I'll take my observation over over his his comment. Maybe someone said to him, you look like you're having too much fun. Guess what compared with the other people all look like stiff's Bush and his wife smiled. They never acknowledged other people to speak of. When when Vice President Harris sat there with you know who really looked upset was the first gentleman he looked. He just was very uncomfortable. Okay.
Speaker 9: I always remember Jimmy Carter because I got my career because of him. He promised those young guys that if we went to college and studied automotive engineering and he paid for our tuition. I did just that and got a career out of it.
Speaker 2: Good for you. We're good for you, and that's fine. I like Jimmy Carter too. I told I spoke the other night. I guess it was Thursday night for a better part of a couple of hours about people's memories of Jimmy Carter. And I had plenty of meetings with him, both before he was a candidate, while he was a candidate, while he was president, and after he was president. So so you, I assume you're optimistic about what uh.
Speaker 9: No, I've gotta I gotta see what hits first stand assumes the presidency. I want to see what the globalists are holding him back until he takes office.
Speaker 2: You always see glasses half empty, you it's I.
Speaker 9: I appreciate that. I think he may have a very tough road to hoe. Well, he assumes the office a lot tougher than we're looking at America right now. I think it's going to get a lot tougher, and I want you.
Speaker 2: To give me a callback as you always will, uh two or three months from now, and let's revisit this conversation because I think I think that I'm optimistic that he handles himself presidentially, and I'm optimist.
Speaker 9: I think he'll do that, but I think a lot tougher than we look at right now.
Speaker 2: I'm optimistic the other side gives him a chance. Dave, Thank you much, appreciate your call.
Speaker 9: Okay, And I gotta I gotta put I gotta put one thing out for Milania Trump. How did she do that with her son? Five languages, musical dage? How did she do it? How did she do it?
Speaker 2: If you find out, let me know.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Dave, talked to you soon. Let's go to Christine and Dadhim. Christine, you're gonna wrap the hour for us, Go right ahead. Christina, and you optimistic or pessimistic.
Speaker 10: I'm a little of both. I'm optimistic that he's going to turn the country around, but I'm also a little pessimistic that he's going to get upset about something and open his mouth and get in trouble again. I'm kind of nervous about that.
Speaker 2: Well, what did what did they say? The past is prologue, so maybe maybe you're right. I hope not. I hope that he conducts himself a little differently than he did two years ago or four years ago. And and I hope that the UH, the media allows him to start with a relatively clean slate. And let's let's see what happens.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I see that that net Yahoo and Jimas are Israel and Amas having some conversations. Maybe his threat UH is going to push Hamas in the right direction. Maybe they're going to release the hostages. Wouldn't that be a wonderful gift on.
Speaker 10: The hop I hope to God. And you know, we need somebody there that to be spying on all these terrorists to get kick them out of here.
Speaker 2: I think that that they're going to start with people who have engaged in criminal activity. And I would hope that nobody is going to defend the deportation of criminals, because we have enough criminals of our own here in America. We don't need to import any simple as that. All right, Christine, thanks for checking in. As always, I appreciate your loyalty to the program. Thank you much.
Speaker 10: You're awesome, Thank you all.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, thanks Christine, We're done for the night. So I want to thank Rob Brooks, I want to thank Marita, and I want to thank the callers who called. The callers who didn't call, I'm not as happy with those, but I want to thank all of you who called. We try to throw out a variety of topics. I can't. It's it's like a menu. You can't like everything on the menu, but maybe one or two of the items in the menu you like. So I want to thank everybody who did call tonight, and I'll be back tomorrow night. We will be carrying Joe Biden's speech live has addressed to the nation on Wednesday night, and you'll have a chance to respond to the President and his farewell address on Wednesday night. My name is Dan Ray. This is Nightside. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pel Charlie Ray is, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. We'll see again tomorrow night on Nightside. Stay warm. Everybody going to get a little colder this week. See tomorrow